Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: GDNF
Description: glial cell derived neurotrophic factor
Alias: ATF, ATF1, ATF2, HFB1-GDNF, HSCR3, glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor, astrocyte-derived trophic factor
Publications465 found, 100 shown here
- Expression of GDNF and its receptors in developing tooth is developmentally regulated and suggests multiple roles in innervation and organogenesisK Luukko
Program of Developmental Biology, Institute of Biotechnology, University of Helsinki, Finland
Dev Dyn 210:463-71. 1997Glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) is a recently identified survival factor for several populations of neurons in the central and peripheral nervous system that also regulates kidney development...
- Binding of GDNF and neurturin to human GDNF family receptor alpha 1 and 2. Influence of cRET and cooperative interactionsM Cik
Department of Biochemical Pharmacology and the Department of Biotechnology and High Throughput Screening, Janssen Research Foundation, B 2340 Beerse, Belgium
J Biol Chem 275:27505-12. 2000The members of the glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) family signal via binding to the glycosyl phosphatidylinositol-anchored membrane proteins, the GDNF family receptors alpha (GFRalpha), and activation of cRET...
- GDNF: a glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor for midbrain dopaminergic neuronsL F Lin
Synergen, Inc, Boulder, CO 80301
Science 260:1130-2. 1993..Glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) is a glycosylated, disulfide-bonded homodimer that is a distantly related member of the transforming growth factor-..
- Defects in enteric innervation and kidney development in mice lacking GDNFJ G Pichel
Laboratory of Mammalian Genes and Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda 20892, USA
Nature 382:73-6. 1996Glial-lial-cell-line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) has been isolated as neurotrophic factor for midbrain dopaminergic neurons...
- Neuroprotection through delivery of glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor by neural stem cells in a mouse model of Parkinson's diseaseP Akerud
Laboratory of Molecular Neurobiology, Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, Karolinska Institute, S 17177 Stockholm, Sweden
J Neurosci 21:8108-18. 2001..deliver soluble molecules with neuroprotective activity, such as glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF)...
- Signalling by glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) requires heparan sulphate glycosaminoglycanMark W Barnett
Edinburgh University Medical School, Teviot Place, Edinburgh EH8 9AG, UK
J Cell Sci 115:4495-503. 2002Glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor, GDNF, is vital to the development and maintenance of neural tissues; it promotes survival of sympathetic, parasympathetic and spinal motor neurons during development, protects midbrain ..
- The neural cell adhesion molecule NCAM is an alternative signaling receptor for GDNF family ligandsGustavo Paratcha
Division of Molecular Neurobiology, Department of Neuroscience, Karolinska Institute, Retzius vag 8, A2 2, 17177, Stockholm, Sweden
Cell 113:867-79. 2003..Here, we show that the neural cell adhesion molecule NCAM can function as a signaling receptor for members of the GDNF ligand family...
- Chromosome 5p aberrations are early events in lung cancer: implication of glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor in disease progressionCathie Garnis
British Columbia Cancer Research Centre, 601 West 10th Avenue, Vancouver, BC, Canada V5Z 3L1
Oncogene 24:4806-12. 2005..The 0.34 Mbp region at 5p13.2 contains Glial Cell Line-Derived Neurotrophic Factor (GDNF), which is a ligand for the RET oncogene product and is normally expressed during lung development (but absent in ..
- The structure of the glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor-coreceptor complex: insights into RET signaling and heparin bindingVimal Parkash
Institute of Biotechnology, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
J Biol Chem 283:35164-72. 2008Glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF), a neuronal survival factor, binds its co-receptor GDNF family receptor alpha1 (GFR alpha 1) in a 2:2 ratio and signals through the receptor tyrosine kinase RET...
- Functional RET G691S polymorphism in cutaneous malignant melanomaN Narita
Department of Molecular Oncology, John Wayne Cancer Institute at Saint John s Health Center, Santa Monica, CA 90404, USA
Oncogene 28:3058-68. 2009RET proto-oncogene encodes a receptor tyrosine kinase whose ligand is glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF), and its polymorphism at G691S juxtamembrane region (RETp) is a germline polymorphism...
- Glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor-secreting genetically modified human bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells promote recovery in a rat model of Parkinson's diseaseAleksandra Glavaski-Joksimovic
Department of Pediatrics, Neurobiology Program, Children s Memorial Research Center, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois 60614, USA
J Neurosci Res 88:2669-81. 2010..The therapeutic potential of glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF), the most potent neurotrophic factor for DA neurons, has been demonstrated in many experimental models of PD...
- Characterization of the intracellular localization, processing, and secretion of two glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor splice isoformsLiina Lonka-Nevalaita
Institute of Biotechnology, University of Helsinki, Viikki Biocenter, FIN 00014 University of Helsinki, Finland
J Neurosci 30:11403-13. 2010..study, we characterize the processing and secretion mechanisms of the glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF)...
- Age-associated decrease in serum glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor levels in patients with major depressive disorderPing Tao Tseng
Department of Psychiatry, Kaohsiung Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Chang Gung University College of Medicine, corrected Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 40:334-9. 2013..This study examined serum levels of glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF), one of the neurotrophic factors, in patients with major depressive disorder (MDD) at different disease states.
- Analysis of the human GDNF gene reveals an inducible promoter, three exons, a triplet repeat within the 3'-UTR and alternative splice productsL Grimm
Department of Medical Genetics, University of Munich, Goethestrasse 29, 80336 Munich, Germany
Hum Mol Genet 7:1873-86. 1998Glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF), a distant member of the TGF-beta superfamily, is a survival factor for various neurons, making it a potential therapeutic agent for neurodegenerative disorders...
- Glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) gene and schizophrenia: polymorphism screening and association analysisK Lee
Department of Psychiatry, Teikyo University School of Medicine, 11 1, Kaga 2 Chome, Itabashi ku, Tokyo 173 8605, Japan
Psychiatry Res 104:11-7. 2001The glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) is an important neurotrophic and potential differentiation factor for dopaminergic systems...
- 3' UTR (AGG)n repeat of glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) gene polymorphism in schizophreniaAnna Michelato
Genetic Unit, I R C C S San Giovanni di Dio, A Fa R, Fatebenefratelli, via Pilastroni 4, 25123 Brescia, Italy
Neurosci Lett 357:235-7. 2004..The glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) is a neurotrophic and potential differentiation factor for dopaminergic systems...
- An investigation of the neurotrophic factor genes GDNF, NGF, and NT3 in susceptibility to ADHDZahoor Syed
Addenbrookes Hospital, Cambridge, United Kingdom
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 144:375-8. 2007..Glial derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF), nerve growth factor (NGF (beta subunit)), and neurotrophic factor 3 (NT3) are members of the neurotrophin family ..
- The major determinant of the heparin binding of glial cell-line-derived neurotrophic factor is near the N-terminus and is dispensable for receptor bindingIvan Alfano
School of Biological Sciences, Royal Holloway University of London, Egham Hill, Egham, Surrey TW20 OEX, UK
Biochem J 404:131-40. 2007b>GDNF (glial cell-line-derived neurotrophic factor), and the closely related cytokines artemin and neurturin, bind strongly to heparin...
- Association analysis of the glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) gene in schizophreniaH J Williams
Department of Psychological Medicine, Henry Wellcome Building for Biomedical Research, Cardiff University, Heath Park, Cardiff, CF14 4XN, UK
Schizophr Res 97:271-6. 2007The glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) gene is located within a region of chromosome 5 (5p14.1-q13.3) that has been highlighted as a potential schizophrenia susceptibility locus by a number of genome scans...
- Association analysis of the GDNF gene with methamphetamine use disorder in a Japanese populationTomoko Yoshimura
Division of Clinical Science and Neuropsychopharmacology, Graduate School of Pharmacy, Meijo University, Aichi, Japan
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 35:1268-72. 2011..Glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF), which plays an important role in the survival of dopaminergic neurons, may be involved in this disorder...
- Association study between plasma GDNF and cognitive function in late-onset depressionXiaoquan Wang
Department of Psychiatry, Nanjing Brain Hospital Affiliated to Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing 210029, PR China
J Affect Disord 132:418-21. 2011..The glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) is a neurotrophic factor from the transforming growth factor-β-family, which plays a role in the development and ..
- The relationship between overexpression of glial cell-derived neurotrophic factor and its RET receptor with progression and prognosis of human pancreatic cancerQ Zeng
Department of General Surgery, The First Affiliated Hospital, Wenzhou Medical College, Wenzhou, Zhejiang Province, China
J Int Med Res 36:656-64. 2008We used immunohistochemical staining to assess protein over-expression of glial cell-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) and its RET receptor tyrosine kinase in patients with pancreatic cancer and benign pancreatic neoplasm, and assessed ..
- Electrical activity regulates AChR gene expression via JNK, PKCzeta and Sp1 in skeletal chick muscleN Altiok
Kadir Has University Medical Faculty, Department of Pharmacology, Istanbul, Turkey
FEBS Lett 487:333-8. 2001..increase of the threonine phosphorylation of protein kinase Czeta (PKCzeta) and activator of transcription factor (ATF2) and a decrease of the phosphorylation of Sp1...
- Combinatorial generation of variable fusion proteins in the Ewing family of tumoursJ Zucman
, INSERM CJF 9201, Paris, France
EMBO J 12:4481-7. 1993..of band 22q12 to chromosome 11 and 12 result in the fusion of EWS with the transcription factors FLI-1 and ATF1, respectively...
- Enhancement of glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor expression in rat adrenal glands by toluene exposureT Gotohda
Department of Legal Medicine, Tokushima University School of Medicine, Kuramoto, Japan
Horm Metab Res 32:301-5. 2000..While glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF), a member of the transforming growth factor-beta superfamily, has recently been shown to be expressed in rat ..
- Determinants of half-site spacing preferences that distinguish AP-1 and ATF/CREB bZIP domainsJ Kim
Department of Biological Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 23:2531-7. 1995..First, analysis of GCN4-ATF1 hybrid proteins indicates that a short surface spanning the basic and fork regions of the bZIP domain is the major ..
- Depletion of cAMP-response element-binding protein/ATF1 inhibits adipogenic conversion of 3T3-L1 cells ectopically expressing CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein (C/EBP) alpha, C/EBP beta, or PPAR gamma 2Keith E Fox
Research Service, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado 80220, USA
J Biol Chem 281:40341-53. 2006..In this report we used small interfering RNA to deplete CREB and the closely related factor ATF1 to explore the ability of the master adipogenic regulators to promote adipogenesis in the absence of CREB and probe ..
- Spatial and temporal expression of the myometrial mitogen-activated protein kinases p38 and ERK1/2 in the human uterus during pregnancy and laborHarry A Otun
School of Surgical and Reproductive Sciences, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
J Soc Gynecol Investig 12:185-90. 2005We have recently identified a novel putative spliced variant of the activating transcription factor 2 (ATF2) in the human myometrium during pregnancy and labor...
- Effects of polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) on expression of neurotrophic factors in C6 glial cells in cultureGordon H Gurley
Department of Biological Sciences, Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, MI 49008 5410, United States
Neurotoxicology 28:1264-71. 2007..1% dimethyl sulfoxide (DMSO=vehicle), or normal culture medium. Glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) and nerve growth factor (NGF) protein were measured by enzyme-linked immunosorbant assay...
- Enhancement of regeneration with glia cell line-derived neurotrophic factor-transduced human amniotic fluid mesenchymal stem cells after sciatic nerve crush injuryFu Chou Cheng
Stem Cell Center, Department of Medical Research, Taichung Veterans General Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan
J Neurosurg 112:868-79. 2010..The present study evaluates whether the transplantation of glia cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF)-modified human AFMSCs may enhance regeneration of sciatic nerve after a crush injury.
- Gamma motor neurons express distinct genetic markers at birth and require muscle spindle-derived GDNF for postnatal survivalNeil A Shneider
Department of Neurology, Center for Motor Neuron Biology and Disease, Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
Neural Dev 4:42. 2009..Recently, it was reported that early embryonic gamma-MN precursors are dependent on GDNF. Using this knowledge we characterized genetic strategies to label developing gamma-MNs based on GDNF receptor ..
- Neurturin mRNA expression suggests roles in trigeminal innervation of the first branchial arch and in tooth formationK Luukko
Program of Developmental Biology, Institute of Biotechnology, University of Helsinki, Finland
Dev Dyn 213:207-19. 1998Neurturin (NTN) is a recently characterized member of the glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF)-family which, like GDNF, can promote the survival of certain populations of neuronal cells in peripheral and central nervous ..
- Expression of neurturin, GDNF, and GDNF family-receptor mRNA in the developing and mature mouseJ P Golden
Department of Neurology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, 63110, USA
Exp Neurol 158:504-28. 1999The GDNF family of neurotrophic factors currently has four members: neurturin (NRTN), glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF), persephin, and artemin...
- Developmental changes in neurite outgrowth responses of dorsal root and sympathetic ganglia to GDNF, neurturin, and arteminH Yan
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Melbourne, Vic, Australia
Dev Dyn 227:395-401. 2003The ability of glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF), neurturin, and artemin to induce neurite outgrowth from dorsal root, superior cervical, and lumbar sympathetic ganglia from mice at a variety of development stages between ..
- Glial cell-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF)-induced migration and signal transduction in corneal epithelial cellsL You
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Heidelberg Medical School, Germany
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 42:2496-504. 2001To identify signal-transduction pathways induced by glial cell-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) in corneal epithelial cells and to characterize its effect on cell migration.
- [The expression of glial cell derived neurotrophic factor and its receptor GDNFR-alpha and GDNFR-beta mRNA in spinal cord, brainstem and frontal cortex during morphine withdrawal in rats]W Zhou
Ningbo Institute of Microcirculation and Henbane, Ningbo Drug Addiction Research and Treatment Center, Ningbo 315010, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 80:135-9. 2000To investigate the expression of glial cell derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) and its receptor GDNFR-alpha (GFRalpha-1) and GDNFR-beta (Ret) genes and the effects of muscarinic receptor antagonists, NMDA receptor antagonist, inhibitor of ..
- Effects of dopamine agonists bromocriptine, pergolide, cabergoline, and SKF-38393 on GDNF, NGF, and BDNF synthesis in cultured mouse astrocytesKiyoe Ohta
Clinical Research Center, Utano National Hospital, Ukyo ku, Kyoto 616 8255, Japan
Life Sci 73:617-26. 2003..growth factor, NGF; brain-derived neurotrophic factor, BDNF; and glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor, GDNF) in cultured mouse astrocytes, and clarified the role of dopamine D1 and D2 receptors in these effects...
- RET/GDNF signalling in vagal neural crest-derived neurons of the chick embryo cloacaAnne Marie O' Donnell
Children s Research Centre, Our Lady s Children s Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
Pediatr Surg Int 24:1211-4. 2008The growth factor, 'Glial cell line-Derived Neurotrophic Factor' (GDNF), is involved in the development of enteric ganglia, using the tyrosine kinase receptor 'REarranged during Transfection' (RET) to stimulate the proliferation and ..
- Expression levels of the yeast alcohol acetyltransferase genes ATF1, Lg-ATF1, and ATF2 control the formation of a broad range of volatile estersKevin J Verstrepen
Centre for Malting and Brewing Science, Department of Food and Microbial Technology, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, B 3001 Louvain Heverlee, Belgium
Appl Environ Microbiol 69:5228-37. 2003..Analysis of the fermentation products confirmed that the expression levels of ATF1 and ATF2 greatly affect the production of ethyl acetate and isoamyl acetate...
- Permanent rescue of lesioned neonatal motoneurons and enhanced axonal regeneration by adenovirus-mediated expression of glial cell-line-derived neurotrophic factorB J Baumgartner
Department of Neurosurgery, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Neurosci Res 54:766-77. 1998..We tested whether an adenoviral vector carrying the gene for glial cell-line-derived neurotrophic factor (Adv.RSV-GDNF) would prevent neonatal motoneuron death after facial nerve transection or crush...
- EWSR1-CREB1 is the predominant gene fusion in angiomatoid fibrous histiocytomaCristina R Antonescu
Department of Pathology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 46:1051-60. 2007..is not well defined, with only six cases with specific gene fusions reported to date, consisting of either FUS-ATF1 or EWSR1-ATF1...
- Post-treatment effects of local GDNF administration to the inner ears of deafened guinea pigsAnette Fransson
Center for Hearing and Communication Research and Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
J Neurotrauma 27:1745-51. 2010..Following deafferentation, glial cell-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) is known to affect spiral ganglion neuron survival...
- Glial cell-line derived neurotrophic factor-dependent fusimotor neuron survival during developmentJennifer Whitehead
Department of Pathology Neuropathology, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Mech Dev 122:27-41. 2005Glial cell-line derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) is a potent survival factor for motor neurons...
- Does GDNF exert its neuroprotective effects on photoreceptors in the rd1 retina through the glial glutamate transporter GLAST?Marie Noelle Delyfer
Laboratoire de Physiopathologie Cellulaire et Moleculaire de la Retine, Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Inserm U592, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
Mol Vis 11:677-87. 2005We previously demonstrated that exogenous glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) induces histological and functional protection of photoreceptors in the retinal degeneration (rd1) mouse model...
- Molecular genetic characterization of the EWS/ATF1 fusion gene in clear cell sarcoma of tendons and aponeurosesIoannis Panagopoulos
Department of Clinical Genetics, Lund University Hospital, SE 221 85 Lund, Sweden
Int J Cancer 99:560-7. 2002..The cytogenetic hallmark is the translocation t(12;22)(q13;q12) resulting in a chimeric EWS/ATF1 gene in which the 3'-terminal part of EWS at 22q is replaced by the 3'-terminal part of ATF1 at 12q...
- GDNF and IGF-I trophic factors delay hereditary Purkinje cell degeneration and the progression of gait ataxiaDaniel L Tolbert
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Saint Louis University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63104, USA
Exp Neurol 183:205-19. 2003Neurotrophic factors GDNF and/or IGF-I were chronically infused into shaker mutant rats to rescue cerebellar Purkinje neurons from adult-onset heredodegeneration...
- Endogenous GDNF in ventral tegmental area and nucleus accumbens does not play a role in the incubation of heroin cravingMikko Airavaara
Intramural Research Program and National Institute on Drug Abuse, NIH, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Addict Biol 16:261-72. 2011Glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) activity in ventral tegmental area (VTA) mediates the time-dependent increases in cue-induced cocaine-seeking after withdrawal (incubation of cocaine craving)...
- GDNF pre-treatment aggravates neuronal cell loss in oxygen-glucose deprived hippocampal slice cultures: a possible effect of glutamate transporter up-regulationC Bonde
Anatomy and Neurobiology, SDU Odense University, Winsløwparken 21, DK 5000 Odense C, Denmark
Neurochem Int 43:381-8. 2003..effects on dopaminergic neurons and spinal motoneurons, glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) has potent neuroprotective effects in cerebral ischemia...
- Grafting of glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor secreting cells for hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy in neonatal ratsShinji Katsuragi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Miyazaki Medical College, Kiyotake cho, Miyazaki, Japan
Am J Obstet Gynecol 192:1137-45. 2005..The aim of this study was to examine the neuroprotective effect of glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor with the use of this delivery system...
- EWSR1-CREB1 and EWSR1-ATF1 fusion genes in angiomatoid fibrous histiocytomaSabrina Rossi
Department of Pathology, Regional Hospital, Treviso, Italy
Clin Cancer Res 13:7322-8. 2007..Either FUS-ATF1 or EWSR1-ATF1 have been detected in the few cases published, pointing to the interchangeable role of FUS and EWSR1 ..
- Clinically relevant effects of convection-enhanced delivery of AAV2-GDNF on the dopaminergic nigrostriatal pathway in aged rhesus monkeysLouisa C Johnston
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA
Hum Gene Ther 20:497-510. 2009..Safety and efficacy of an adeno-associated virus (AAV2) encoding human glial cell-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) was investigated in aged nonhuman primates...
- Delayed administration of glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) protects retinal ganglion cells in a pig model of acute retinal ischemiaMaria Voss Kyhn
Department of Ophthalmology, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen University Hospital, Denmark
Exp Eye Res 89:1012-20. 2009This study investigates whether intravitreal administration of glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) enhances survival of NeuN positive retinal cells in a porcine model of retinal ischemia...
- Image-guided convection-enhanced delivery of GDNF protein into monkey putamenFrancisco Gimenez
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94103 0555, USA
Neuroimage 54:S189-95. 2011..can be used for MRI-monitored infusions into the non-human primate (NHP) putamen to predict the distribution of GDNF protein after convection-enhanced delivery (CED)...
- Directing dopaminergic fiber growth along a preformed molecular pathway from embryonic ventral mesencephalon transplants in the rat brainY Jin
Department of Physiology, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky 40536, USA
J Neurosci Res 89:619-27. 2011..pathways were created by expressing green fluorescent protein (GFP), glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF), or a combination of GDNF/GDNF receptor α1 (GFRα1) along the corpus callosum...
- Requirement of signalling by receptor tyrosine kinase RET for the directed migration of enteric nervous system progenitor cells during mammalian embryogenesisDipa Natarajan
Division of Molecular Neurobiology, MRC National Institute for Medical Research, The Ridgeway, Mill Hill, London NW7 1AA, UK
Development 129:5151-60. 2002..evidence that activation of the receptor tyrosine kinase RET by glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) is required for the directional migration of ENS progenitors towards and within the gut wall...
- Isolation and characterization of the ATF2 gene encoding alcohol acetyltransferase II in the bottom fermenting yeast Saccharomyces pastorianusH Yoshimoto
Central Laboratories for Key Technology, Kirin Brewery Co, Ltd, Kanagawa, Japan
Yeast 15:409-17. 1999..pastorianus ATF2 gene was cloned by colony hybridization using the S. cerevisiae ATF2 gene as a probe. When an atf1 null mutant strain was transformed with a multi-copy plasmid carrying the S...
- GDNF improves cerebellar Purkinje neuron function in aged F344 ratsP C Bickford
Veterans Administration Medical Center, Tampa, Florida 33612, USA
Microsc Res Tech 54:309-16. 2001..Glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) has been reported to prevent the degeneration of noradrenergic neurons following neurotoxic lesions...
- The activation of c-Jun NH2-terminal kinase (JNK) by DNA-damaging agents serves to promote drug resistance via activating transcription factor 2 (ATF2)-dependent enhanced DNA repairJun Hayakawa
Department of Cancer Gene Therapy, Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center, San Diego, California 92121, USA
J Biol Chem 278:20582-92. 2003The activating transcription factor 2 (ATF2) is a member of the ATF/cAMP-response element-binding protein family of basic-leucine zipper proteins involved in cellular stress response...
- Neuronal differentiation elicited by glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor and ciliary neurotrophic factor in adrenal chromaffin cell line tsAM5D immortalized with temperature-sensitive SV40 T-antigenTomiyasu Murata
Department of Analytical Neurobiology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Meijo University, Tempaku, Nagoya, Japan
J Neurosci Res 86:1694-710. 2008..we first examined the responsiveness of the cells to ligands of the glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) family...
- Cabergoline decreases alcohol drinking and seeking behaviors via glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factorSebastien Carnicella
The Gallo Research Center, University of California, San Francisco, Emeryville, California, USA
Biol Psychiatry 66:146-53. 2009..Cabergoline is an ergotamine derivative that increases the expression of glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) in vitro...
- Antiapoptotic and antiautophagic effects of glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor and hepatocyte growth factor after transient middle cerebral artery occlusion in ratsJingwei Shang
Department of Neurology, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Okayama, Japan
J Neurosci Res 88:2197-206. 2010Glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) and hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) are strong neurotrophic factors, which function as antiapoptotic factors...
- [The repair of acute spinal cord injury in rats by olfactory ensheathing cells graft modified by glia cell line-derived neurotrophic factor gene in combination with the injection of monoclonal antibody IN-1]Hui Bo Yan
Department of Spinal Surgery, The Third Affiliated Hospital, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou 510630, China
Zhonghua Wai Ke Za Zhi 47:1817-20. 2009To research the repair effect of transplantation of glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) modified olfactory ensheathing cells (OECs) combination with injecting axonal growth inhibiting protein antibody (IN-1) in vivo.
- Glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor is a key neurotrophin in the postnatal enteric nervous systemD M Rodrigues
Department of Medicine, Queen s University, Kingston, ON, Canada
Neurogastroenterol Motil 23:e44-56. 2011..However, little is known about factors in the postnatal intestine that influence these processes...
- Expression of glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor in the brain and cerebrospinal fluid of the developing ratT Ikeda
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Miyazaki Medical College, Japan
Int J Dev Neurosci 17:681-91. 1999Expression of GDNF in developing rat brain from PND 1 to 14 and on PND 21 was examined immunocytochemically...
- Ultrastructural study of anterograde transport of glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor from dorsal root ganglion neurons of rats towards the nerve terminalK Ohta
Department of Anatomy and Histology, Kurume University School of Medicine, 67 Asahi Machi, Kurume 830 0011, Fukuoka, Japan
Cells Tissues Organs 169:410-21. 2001The glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) is a potent neurotrophic substance in the central and peripheral nervous systems...
- Antidepressant drug treatments induce glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) synthesis and release in rat C6 glioblastoma cellsK Hisaoka
Department of Psychiatry and Neuroscience, Institute of Clinical Research, National Kure Medical Center, Kure, Japan
J Neurochem 79:25-34. 2001..However, the effect of antidepressants on modulation of glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF), which has potent and widespread effects, remains unknown...
- Local administration of glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor improves behavioral and histological deficit of neonatal Erb's palsy in ratsHidenobu Ochiai
Department of Neurosurgery, Miyazaki Medical College, Miyazaki, Japan
Neurosurgery 53:973-7; discussion 977-8. 2003We sought to evaluate from a behavioral and histological viewpoint the effect of local administration of glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) on neonatal preganglionic Erb's palsy in rats.
- Activation of mGlu3 receptors stimulates the production of GDNF in striatal neuronsGiuseppe Battaglia
Istituto Neurologico Mediterraneo Neuromed, Pozzilli, Italy
PLoS ONE 4:e6591. 2009..25-3 mg/kg, i.p.) increased glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) mRNA and protein levels in the mouse brain, as assessed by in situ hybridization, real-time PCR, immunoblotting, ..
- Cellular expression of GDNF mRNA suggests multiple functions inside and outside the nervous systemC A Nosrat
Department of Neuroscience, Karolinska Institute, S 17177 Stockholm, Sweden
Cell Tissue Res 286:191-207. 1996Glial-cell-line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) is a distant member of the transforming growth factor-beta family and has potent neurotrophic effects on several classes of neurons including dopamine neurons and motoneurons...
- Association of activating transcription factor 2 (ATF2) with the ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme hUBC9. Implication of the ubiquitin/proteasome pathway in regulation of ATF2 in T cellsR Firestein
Center for Gerontology, Allegheny University of the Health Sciences and the Division of Rheumatology, Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Biol Chem 273:5892-902. 1998Activating transcription factor 2 (ATF2) is regulated by phosphorylation via the Jun N-terminal kinase, and its binding activity is markedly induced at late stages of T and B lymphocyte activation (Feuerstein, N., Firestein, R., Aiyer, N...
- Distribution of glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor receptor alpha-1 in the brain of adult zebrafishCarla Lucini
Department of Biological Structures, Functions and Technology, University of Naples Federico II, Naples, Italy
J Anat 217:174-85. 2010Glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) is a potent trophic factor for several types of neurons in the central and peripheral nervous systems...
- Long-term striatal overexpression of GDNF selectively downregulates tyrosine hydroxylase in the intact nigrostriatal dopamine systemCarl Rosenblad
NsGene A S, Ballerup, Denmark
Eur J Neurosci 17:260-70. 2003..To investigate the effect of long-term glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) overexpression on intact nigrostriatal dopamine neurons, we injected a recombinant lentiviral vector encoding GDNF,..
- Intravenous treatment of experimental Parkinson's disease in the mouse with an IgG-GDNF fusion protein that penetrates the blood-brain barrierAiling Fu
Department of Medicine, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90024, USA
Brain Res 1352:208-13. 2010Glial-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) is a trophic factor for the nigra-striatal tract in experimental Parkinson's disease (PD)...
- Other neurotrophic factors: glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF)M Saarma
Program for Molecular Neurobiology, Institute of Biotechnology, Viikki Biocenter, University of Helsinki, Finland
Microsc Res Tech 45:292-302. 1999Glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) was first discovered as a potent survival factor for midbrain dopaminergic neurons and was then shown to rescue these neurons in animal models of Parkinson's disease...
- Implantation of encapsulated glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor-secreting cells prevents long-lasting learning impairment following neonatal hypoxic-ischemic brain insult in ratsShinji Katsuragi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Miyazaki Medical College, Kiyotake cho, Miyazaki, Japan
Am J Obstet Gynecol 192:1028-37. 2005..We examined the effect of glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factors on long-term learning and memory impairment and morphological changes up to 18 weeks after hypoxic-ischemic stress in neonatal rats...
- GDNF-induced neurite formation was stimulated by protein kinase inhibitors and suppressed by Ras inhibitorsT Hiwasa
Department of Biochemistry, School of Medicine, Chiba University, Japan
Neurosci Lett 238:115-8. 1997The effects of various inhibitors on the glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF)-induced neurite formation in TGW human neuroblastoma cells were investigated...
- High-level expression of receptor tyrosine kinase Ret and responsiveness to Ret-activating ligands in pheochromocytoma cell lines from neurofibromatosis knockout miceJames F Powers
Institute of Genetics, Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Mol Cell Neurosci 20:382-9. 2002..Mouse pheochromocytoma (MPC) cells respond to the Ret-activating ligand GDNF by exhibiting Ret phosphorylation, neurite outgrowth, decreased proliferation, and altered expression of ..
- Bystander effects: intercellular transmission of radiation damage signalsJ B Little
Harvard School of Public Health, Laboratory of Radiobiology, 665 Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Radiat Prot Dosimetry 99:159-62. 2002..mobility shift assays; a 2-4-fold increase in the phosphorylation levels of JNK, ERK1/2, p90RSK, Elk-1 and ATF2 was observed. These changes were detected by 15 min after irradiation and persisted for at least 1 h...
- Suppression of GDNF production by MPSS treatment following spinal cord injury in the ratShojiro Nakashima
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Nagoya University School of Medicine, 65 Tsuruma cho, Showa Ku, Nagoya, 466 8550, Japan
Neuroreport 15:2337-40. 2004..On the other hand, glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) acts as a potent survival factor for several neuronal populations, providing a therapeutic promise for ..
- Identification of novel phosphorylation sites in MSK1 by precursor ion scanning MSClaire E McCoy
MRC Protein Phosphorylation Unit, School of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 5EH, Scotland, UK
Biochem J 402:491-501. 2007..its related isoform MSK2, phosphorylate the transcription factors CREB (cAMP-response-element-binding protein) and ATF1 (activating transcription factor 1), and the chromatin proteins histone H3 and HMGN1 (high-mobility-group ..
- Neuroprotective effect of adult hematopoietic stem cells in a mouse model of motoneuron degenerationCarmen Cabanes
Instituto de Neurociencias, Universidad Miguel Hernandez CSIC, E 03550 San Juan de Alicante, Alicante, Spain
Neurobiol Dis 26:408-18. 2007..These effects can be explained by the increased levels of glial cell line derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) around host motoneurons produced by the grafted cells...
- Olfactory ensheathing cells represent an optimal substrate for hippocampal neurons: an in vitro studyRosalia Pellitteri
Institute of Neurological Sciences, National Research Council, Section of Catania, via P Gaifami 18, 95126 Catania, Italy
Int J Dev Neurosci 27:453-8. 2009..Some hippocampal cultures were added with growth factors, as bFGF, NGF and GDNF. Furthermore, conditioned medium from OECs cultures was used to feed some hippocampal neurons coverslips...
- Novel neuroprotective mechanisms of memantine: increase in neurotrophic factor release from astroglia and anti-inflammation by preventing microglial activationHung Ming Wu
College of Medicine, Institute of Behavioral Medicine, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan
Neuropsychopharmacology 34:2344-57. 2009..neurotrophic effects through the increased production of glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF)...
- Tight Long-term dynamic doxycycline responsive nigrostriatal GDNF using a single rAAV vectorFredric P Manfredsson
Department of Neuroscience, Powell Gene Therapy Center, McKnight Brain Institute, College of Medicine, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32611, USA
Mol Ther 17:1857-67. 2009Glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) gene transfer is being developed as a treatment for Parkinson's disease (PD)...
- Role of BDNF and GDNF in drug reward and relapse: a reviewUdi E Ghitza
Center for the Clinical Trials Network, NIDA, NIH, Bethesda, MD, USA
Neurosci Biobehav Rev 35:157-71. 2010Brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) and glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) are neurotrophic factors that are critical for the growth, survival, and differentiation of developing neurons...
- Expression of GDNF receptors GFRalpha1 and RET is preserved in substantia nigra pars compacta of aging Asian IndiansPhalguni Anand Alladi
Department of Neurophysiology, National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences, Bangalore 560029, Karnataka, India
J Chem Neuroanat 40:43-52. 2010Glial derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) protects dopaminergic nigral neurons and may prevent the progression of age-related motor deficits and Parkinson's disease...
- Strong neurogenesis, angiogenesis, synaptogenesis, and antifibrosis of hepatocyte growth factor in rats brain after transient middle cerebral artery occlusionJingwei Shang
Department of Neurology, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Shikatacho, Okayama, Japan
J Neurosci Res 89:86-95. 2011Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) and glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) are strong neurotrophic factors. However, their potentials in neurogenesis, angiogenesis, synaptogenesis, and antifibrosis have not been compared...
- Enhanced GDNF expression in dopaminergic cells of monkeys grafted with carotid body cell aggregatesM R Luquin
Laboratory of Regenerative Therapy, Centre for Applied Medical Research CIMA, University of Navarra, 31008 Pamplona, Navarra, Spain
Brain Res 1375:120-7. 2011..in UL-grafted animals, and the number of dopaminergic cells expressing glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) in all groups. After 1 year, animals showed a significant recovery of the parkinsonism (San Sebastian et al...
- Gonadotrophin-induced paracrine regulation of human oocyte maturation by BDNF and GDNF secreted by granulosa cellsPing Zhao
Center of Reproductive Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Peking University Third Hospital, Beijing 100191, People s Republic of China
Hum Reprod 26:695-702. 2011..the paracrine roles of brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) and glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) in promoting oocyte maturation, we investigated the expression of these ligands in human granulosa cells and their ..
- Combining glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor gene delivery (AdGDNF) with L-arginine decreases contusion size but not behavioral deficits after traumatic brain injuryM L Degeorge
DePaul University, Department of Biological Sciences, Chicago, IL 60614, USA
Brain Res 1403:45-56. 2011..An adenoviral vector harboring human GDNF was injected unilaterally into FL-SMC of the rat immediately following a unilateral CCI over the FL-SMC...
- Inhibition of the p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) pathway attenuates cerebral vasospasm following experimental subarachnoid hemorrhage in rabbitsXing Zhang
Department of Neurosurgery, Jinling Hospital 305 East Zhongshan Road, Nanjing 210002, P R China
Ann Clin Lab Sci 41:244-50. 2011..Immunoblotting assays showed enhanced phosphorylation of p38 MAPK and ATF2 and increased caspase-3 cleavage following SAH, which were, however, markedly suppressed by SB203580...
- FGF2 deficit during development leads to specific neuronal cell loss in the enteric nervous systemCornelia Irene Hagl
Clinic of Pediatric Surgery, Medical Faculty Mannheim, University of Heidelberg, Theodor Kutzer Ufer 1 3, 68163, Mannheim, Germany
Histochem Cell Biol 139:47-57. 2013..Glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) and fibroblast growth factor-2 (FGF2) play an important role in the differentiation and function of the ENS...
- Kit ligand and glial-derived neurotrophic factor as alternative supplements for activation and development of ovine preantral follicles in vitroF Esmaielzadeh
Department of Animal Science, Science and Research Branch, Islamic Azad University, Tehran, Iran
Mol Reprod Dev 80:35-47. 2013..This study investigated the effect of glial-derived neurotropic factor (GDNF) and kit ligand (KL) on the in vitro development of ovine preantral follicles...
- [Effects of Danshen injection on glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor mRNA of acute spinal cord injury rats and its mechanisms]Li Wei
Orthopedic Institute of Fujian University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Fuzhou 350108, China
Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi 33:933-7. 2013To observe effects of Danshen Injection (DSI) on glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) in the gray matter of acute spinal cord injury (SCI) rats and to discuss its mechanisms.
- Loss of p27 upregulates MnSOD in a STAT3-dependent manner, disrupts intracellular redox activity and enhances cell migrationDongyun Zhang
Nelson Institute of Environmental Medicine, New York University School of Medicine, 57 Old Forge Road, Tuxedo, NY 10987, USA
J Cell Sci 127:2920-33. 2014..as the transcription factor responsible for p27-regulated MnSOD expression, which was further mediated by ERK- and ATF1-dependent transactivation of the cAMP response element (CRE) within the Stat3 promoter...
- Chronic amitriptyline treatment attenuates nigrostriatal degeneration and significantly alters trophic support in a rat model of parkinsonismKatrina L Paumier
Department of Neurology, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 40:874-83. 2015..trophic factors such as brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) and glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) may be key mediators of the therapeutic response to antidepressants...
- Effects of Forskolin on Trefoil factor 1 expression in cultured ventral mesencephalic dopaminergic neuronsP Jensen
Department of Neurobiology Research, Institute of Molecular Medicine, University of Southern Denmark, Winsløwparken 21, DK 5000 Odense C, Denmark Department of Neurosurgery, Neurocenter and Regenerative Neuroscience Cluster, University of Berne, CH 3010 Berne, Switzerland Electronic address
Neuroscience 310:699-708. 2015..for 5, 7 or 10 days in the absence (controls) or presence of either glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF), Forskolin or the combination...
- Characterization of dendritic morphology and neurotransmitter phenotype of thoracic descending propriospinal neurons after complete spinal cord transection and GDNF treatmentLingxiao Deng
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202 Spinal Cord and Brain Injury Research Group, Stark Neurosciences Research Institute, Department of Neurological Surgery, Goodman and Campbell Brain and Spine, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202
Exp Neurol 277:103-14. 2016..greater regenerative capacity, which can be further enhanced by glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF)...
- Cigarette smoke extract-induced interleukin-6 expression is regulated by phospholipase D1 in human bronchial epithelial cellsJun Bon Koo
Biomedical Research Institute and Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, College of Medicine, Hanyang University, Korea
J Toxicol Sci 41:77-89. 2016..Moreover, PLD1 siRNA transfection decreased CSE-induced ATF2 phosphorylation and IL-6 expression...
- Bioactive Components in Human Milk Along the First Month of Life: Effects of Iodine Supplementation during PregnancyInes Velasco
Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology Unit, Riotinto Hospital, Andalusian Health Service, Huelva, Spain
Ann Nutr Metab 68:130-6. 2016..of neonatal intestine (brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF), glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF), glial fibrillary acidic protein (GFAP), fibroblast growth factor 21 (FGF21), lysophosphatidic acid (LPA) and ..
- Blockade of glial-derived neurotrophic factor in laryngeal muscles promotes appropriate reinnervationIgnacio Hernández-Morato
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, New York Medical College, Valhalla, New York
Laryngoscope 126:E337-42. 2016..Glial-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) is elevated in rat laryngeal muscles during RLN reinnervation...
- Oxidative Stress and Glutamate Excitotoxicity on Aged Dopaminergic NeruonsHeather A Boger; Fiscal Year: 2013..in motor impairments, has been associated with a reduction of glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) in the substantia nigra, increased oxidative stress, and an increase in the indirect pathway of the basal ganglia ..
- Oxidative Stress and Glutamate Excitotoxicity on Aged Dopaminergic NeruonsHeather A Boger; Fiscal Year: 2010..in motor impairments, has been associated with a reduction of glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) in the substantia nigra, increased oxidative stress, and an increase in the indirect pathway of the basal ganglia ..
- Reconstruction of the nigrostriatal pathwayGeorge M Smith; Fiscal Year: 2013..Preliminary data is presented showing that a combination of glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) and its alpha-1co-receptor (GFR-11) or netrin-1 support long distance axon growth from dopaminergic transplants in ..
- Dual-hit hypothesis of aging-related DA dysfunctionANN CHARLOTTE ESTHER GRANHOLM; Fiscal Year: 2011..Project 0003 will integrate the different treatments (GDNF/BDNF partial deletion, LPS treatment, and methamphetamine) from the perspective of neuroinflammation, and Project ..
- APOPTOSIS IN SUBSTANTIA NIGRARobert E Burke; Fiscal Year: 2011..Our specific goals in this proposal are to define the role played by the neurotrophic factors GDNF and BDNF in maintaining the viability of dopamine neurons of the substantia nigra during development and in ..
- Michael J Zigmond; Fiscal Year: 2014..in exercise-induced protection members of four distinct NTF families known to protect DA neurons will be examined: GDNF, BDNF, MANF, and VEGF...
- LAURA RHEA WHITEAKER GAINEY; Fiscal Year: 2016..Finally, the functional effects of up-regulated Nurr1 signaling by infusion of its downstream mediator GDNF into the VTA of mice will be tested...
- Developing an Adenoviral Vector Platform for Selective Gene Delivery to NeuronsTravis B Lewis; Fiscal Year: 2012..order to assess the efficacy of this vector as a platform for therapy, the reporter transgene will be replaced with GDNF. We will then validate the vector's ability to deliver this therapeutic payload to a high proportion of the SN ..
- Human embryonic stem cell-derived neural crest stem cells and Hirschsprung diseaSean J Morrison; Fiscal Year: 2010..is most commonly caused by mutations that reduce signaling through the glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) or endothelin-3 (EDN3) signaling pathways ADDIN EN...
- NIH Director's Pioneer AwardERICH JARVIS; Fiscal Year: 2009..Repairing the pathway in vocal learners, when damaged, would have profound impact for correcting neurological disorders of speech. ..
- John D Elsworth; Fiscal Year: 2014..dependency and specificity of spine synapse changes in the motor-asymptomatic primate MPTP model, examining GDNF gene transfer and pharmacological strategies for their restoration, using biochemical, electron microscopic and ..
- The Efficacy of the Neurotrophic Factor CDNF in Treating Parkinsonian SymptomsAmanda M Dettmer; Fiscal Year: 2011..and concern about clinical issues have been significant drawbacks for further clinical development of NTFs such as GDNF and BDNF...
- Senlin Li; Fiscal Year: 2016..Glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) has been the most potent trophic molecule tested so far and in numerous studies has clearly demonstrated a ..
- The Neurotrophic Factor GDNF and Alcohol AddictionDorit Ron; Fiscal Year: 2013..goal is to test the hypothesis that growth factors such as the glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) counteract the adverse actions of alcohol and thus prevent or delay the development of alcohol addiction...
- Mitochondrial protection of a GDNF propeptideLuke H Bradley; Fiscal Year: 2012..Examination of the glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) prosequence predicts internal dibasic endopeptidase sites that would yield a smaller, amidated eleven amino acid ..
- Restoration of Dopaminergic Function in Parkinson's DiseaseGreg Gerhardt; Fiscal Year: 2009DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The neurorestorative and neuroprotective trophic actions of GDNF on midbrain dopamine (DA) neurons provide a promising but controversial therapeutic approach for the treatment of Parkinson's ..
- Stem cell-mediated delivery of neurotrophic factors for treatment of glaucomaDonald S Sakaguchi; Fiscal Year: 2010..exogenous application of brain derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) and glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) delivered from biodegradable microspheres was temporally correlated with recovering visual function (pupil light ..
- Michael F Salvatore; Fiscal Year: 2015..rate-limiting enzyme in DA biosynthesis, is regulated by phosphorylation, and is influenced by the growth factor GDNF. Notably, GDNF increases locomotor activity, nigral DA tissue content, and nigral TH phosphorylation at ser31...
- Role of Potent Trophic Factors on Glia and Motor Neurons in ALSBrian K Kaspar; Fiscal Year: 2013..Indeed, Insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1), glial derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF), and vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) delivered at disease onset in ALS rodent models have demonstrated ..
- EXPRESSION PROFILES FOR RET-POSITIVE DRG NEURONSSanjay Jain; Fiscal Year: 2013..We study a subtype of nociceptor that depends on glial cell line-derive neurotrophic factor (GDNF) family ligands (GFLs) for postnatal survival...
- Quantitative Analysis of RET Receptor Activation and SignalingAdrian Whitty; Fiscal Year: 2013..RET is activated by a family of four neuronal growth factors, GDNF, Neurturin, Artemin (ART) and persephin, in conjunction one of four membrane-bound co-receptors known as GFR1-4...
- Survival and growth-promotion mechanisms of the GDNF family ligands (GFLs)BRIAN ANTHONY PIERCHALA; Fiscal Year: 2012The glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) family ligands (GFLs) are four homologous neuronal growth factors that regulate the development of the nervous system and the maintenance of the adult nervous system...
- Neuroprotective Gene Therapy in the Brain of Senile RatsRodolfo G Goya; Fiscal Year: 2010..factor gene therapy in the brain of aging rats, using the genes for glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) and insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I), two neuroprotective molecules of growing clinical interest...
- Gdnf and endothelin-3 regulate colorectal enteric nervous system developmentAllan M Goldstein; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- David M Yurek; Fiscal Year: 2015..feasibility of delivering a gene encoding for the neurotrophic factor glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) to brain cells as a means to protect the brain against neuronal degeneration that occurs in an animal model of PD...
- GDNF and Ret are critical for glomerular development, maintenance, and protectionCYNTHIA TSUI; Fiscal Year: 2013..Glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) and its receptor tyrosine kinase, Ret, are upregulated selectively by podocytes in animal models of glomerular ..
- Characterization and Plasticity of Visceral NociceptorsBrian M Davis; Fiscal Year: 2012..We also found that all members of the GDNF family of growth factors could, like NGF, sensitize primary sensory neurons and that these growth factors produced ..
- Function of Ret-GFL signaling in sensory neuronsJudith Golden; Fiscal Year: 2009..down-regulates TrkA expression and expresses Ret, the receptor for the neurotrophic factors belonging to the GDNF family...
- Pankaj J Pasricha; Fiscal Year: 2016..pathway responsible for the normal development of the enteric nervous system, glial derived neurotrophic factor or GDNF, and its cognate receptor, RET...
- Analysis of Ret signaling in Drosophila enteric nervous system development.Thomas Kidd; Fiscal Year: 2011..kinase, RET, to detect and migrate towards a chemoattractive ligand, Glial Cell Line-Derived Neurotrophic Factor (GDNF)...
- TROPHIC MANIPULATIONS OF THE OCULOMOTOR SYSTEMChristopher S von Bartheld; Fiscal Year: 2010..on trophic factors with established effects in the oculomotor system: glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF), insulin-like growth factors (IGFs), and cardiotrophin-1 (CT-1)...
- Quinn H Hogan; Fiscal Year: 2015..The modified MSCs used in these translational trials will secrete either glial cell derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) or interleukin 10, which have demonstrated efficacy in preventing or reversing neuropathic pain when delivered by ..
- Molecular profiling of gamma motor neuron developmentNEIL ALAN SHNEIDER; Fiscal Year: 2011..We have found that g fusimotor neurons are selectively dependent on target muscle spindle-derived GDNF, and a recent study reports that fusimotor neurons are also selectively dependent on GDNF signaling in ..
- Genetic analysis of the neurotrophin receptor p75 in neural developmentKuo Fen Lee; Fiscal Year: 2012..DRG neurons are lost in adult mutants, including a significant number of glial cell-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF)-dependent c-Ret+IB4+ nociceptive neurons...
- AXONAL GROWTH IN THE CHRONICALLY INJURED SPINAL CORDJohn D Houle; Fiscal Year: 2010..the current funding period further defined the neuroprotective role of glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) after an acute injury, the use of matrix-degrading enzymes to modify a spinal cord injury site, and the response ..
- rAAV-GDNF to study mesolimbic control of body massRonald J Mandel; Fiscal Year: 2012..by applicant): We have previously discovered that over-expression of glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) via adeno-associated virus (rAAV) in the nigrostriatal tract in leads to highly significant weight loss in intact ..
- The Molecular Mechanisms of the GDNF-mediated Decrease in Alcohol ConsumptionSomayeh Ahmadiantehrani; Fiscal Year: 2010..The GDNF signaling pathway plays a role in the regulation of alcohol consumption...
- Heart-Brain Retraining: Forced Aerobic exercise for Stroke RehabilitationSUSAN MARIE LINDER; Fiscal Year: 2013..of neurotrophic factors including brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) and glial-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF)...
- APOPTOSIS IN SUBSTANTIA NIGRARobert E Burke; Fiscal Year: 2010..III and IV two important fundamental issues in the neurobiology of glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) for dopamine neurons...
- SHANTHI K SRINIVASAN; Fiscal Year: 2016..Recently we discovered that (i) GDNF transgenic mice when fed a high fat diet resist weight gain and development of hepatic steatosis, despite similar ..
- ERIC KIRK LAU; Fiscal Year: 2014..Activating Transcription Factor 2 (ATF2) is an AP1 transcription factor that functions divergently as an oncogene in melanoma and as a tumor suppressor in ..
- PAX2 gene targets, binding sites and functionPatrick D Brophy; Fiscal Year: 2010..Its presence is also required to activate GDNF and thus ureteric bud outgrowth...
- ATF2 in DNA damage response.ZE apos EV A RONAI; Fiscal Year: 2010DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The transcription factor ATF2 contributes to cell cycle and cell death decisions upon its phosphorylation by stress kinases...
- RANDAL SCOT TIBBETTS; Fiscal Year: 2016..Members of the CREB (cAMP response element-binding protein) family, including CREB, CREM, and ATF1, mediate transcriptional response to cAMP, calcium, and growth factors...
- Hormonal and Paracrine Regulation of SpermatogenesisBarry R Zirkin; Fiscal Year: 2010..on paracrine regulation of spermatogenesis by examining the in vivo function of Sertoli cell growth factors, GDNF, FGF-2 and IGF-1, which have been implicated as involved in the control of stem spermatogonial replication and ..
- microRNA regulation of spermatogonial stem cell self-renewal and differentiationRALPH LAWRENCE BRINSTER; Fiscal Year: 2013..Moreover, we and others have demonstrated the importance of glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) signaling in promoting SSC self-renewal and proliferation...
- Histone Deacetylases and Kidney DevelopmentSamir S El Dahr; Fiscal Year: 2010..dependent on HDACs during metanephric development;2) Determine the contribution of HDAC1/2 to the regulation of the Gdnf-Ret-Wnt11 pathway;and 2) Identify HDAC-sensitive gene regulatory networks in the MM and UB lineages...
- FRANKLIN D COSTANTINI; Fiscal Year: 2014..One cause of low nephron number is a branching defect that reduces the number of UB tips. Signaling by GDNF through the Ret receptor tyrosine kinase is critical for UB formation and branching...
- Impact of MC1R Functional Variants on the DNA Damage Response of Human MelanocyteSANCY ANN LEACHMAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..the impact of different MC1R variants on the MAP kinases and three of their downstream transcription factors NRF2, ATF2 and USF-1 that regulate the expression of antioxidant genes, DNA repair and apoptosis genes, and the pigmentary ..
- Phenotyping pain in a mouse model of pancreatic cancerBrian M Davis; Fiscal Year: 2012..g., to abdominal skin). SA2: Test the hypothesis that PDAC increases neurotrophic factors (e.g. NGF, artemin, GDNF) and induces hypertrophy of visceral afferents ...
- Roles of Growth Factors on Corneal MorphogenesisWinston W Kao; Fiscal Year: 2013..It has also been found that suppression of cell proliferation and activation of Activating Transcription Factor 2 (ATF2) are independent of TGF-[unreadable] signaling following epithelium debridement...
- Kalipada Pahan; Fiscal Year: 2016..While neurotrophins (NGF, NT-3, NT-4/5, and BDNF) and glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF)-related factors (GDNF, neurturin) do not increase myelinogenesis, ciliary neurotrophic factor (CNTF) induces a ..
- Sanjay Jain; Fiscal Year: 2016..Glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF), its coreceptor GFR11 and receptor tyrosine kinase RET constitute a signaling system that is critical for ..
- Genetic Control of Ureter and Kidney DevelopmentFRANKLIN D COSTANTINI; Fiscal Year: 2013..b>GDNF is a mesenchymally-derived growth factor that signals to the ureteric bud epithelium via the Ret receptor tyrosine ..
- JENNIFER MARIE CHOW; Fiscal Year: 2016..RET is a receptor tyrosine kinase that is the receptor for the glial cell-line deried neurotrophic factor (GDNF) family of neurotrophins...
- ROLE OF TGFBETA IN CORNEAL STROMAL WOUND HEALINGJames V Jester; Fiscal Year: 2010..2) Myofibroblast differentiation involves multiple TGFp signaling pathways including TAK1/p38/ATF2 and PI3-kinase/Akt that control myofibroblast differentiation and survival...
- DECIPHERING ROLES OF GDNF-GFRA1 RET SIGNALING IN NORMAL AND INJURED KIDNEYSanjay Jain; Fiscal Year: 2012..Glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF), its coreceptor Gfra1 and receptor Ret constitute a signaling system that is critical for kidney development...
- FRANKLIN D COSTANTINI; Fiscal Year: 2016..This project will focus on the cellular events that are regulated by the secreted factor GDNF, which signals through the Ret receptor tyrosine kinase...
- Rescue of GUCY1*B Phenotype Using Somatic Gene TherapySUSAN LYNN SEMPLE-ROWLAND; Fiscal Year: 2012..of apoptosis, XIAP), and neurotrophic (rod derived cone viability factor, RdCVF;glial-derived neurotrophic factor, GDNF) therapies...
- Neurotrophin Drug Development for Parkinson's DiseaseWilliam M Pardridge; Fiscal Year: 2012..most potent protective factor for this area of the brain is the neurotrophin, glial derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF)...
- ATF2 in melanoma development and progressionZE apos EV A RONAI; Fiscal Year: 2012..Our studies on the transcription factor ATF2 suggest its oncogenic role in melanoma...
- HUCBC modulation of Alzheimer's-like pathology and behavioral changesJun Tan; Fiscal Year: 2012..Additional studies showed that HUCBC induce production of host neurotrophins including NGF, BDNF, GDNF, and NT2/3...
- Soluble Neuregulins in Neuromuscular and Peripheral Nerve DevelopmentJeffrey A Loeb; Fiscal Year: 2013..sensory and motor neuron axons in response to Schwann cell and muscle-derived neurotrophic factors such as BDNF and GDNF, and that this pathway is regulated by protein kinase C...
- AGE INDUCED CHANGES IN MONOAMINE PRESYNAPTIC FUNCTIONGreg Gerhardt; Fiscal Year: 2002..regenerative/protective effects of two putative dopaminotrophic factors, glial cell-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) and Neurturin, on dopamine neurons in young and aged Fischer 344 rats...
- GDNF in the Enteric Nervous SystemYun Xia; Fiscal Year: 2007..The research is directed to understanding the role of glial derived neurotropic factor (GDNF) in the enteric nervous system...
- NEUROTROPHINS AND AN ANIMAL MODEL OF FIBROMYALGIAALICE LARSON; Fiscal Year: 2003..by the enzyme thiamine monophosphatase (TMPase) and are supported by glial derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF)...
- Macrophage Gene Therapy of Neurodegenerative DiseasesSenlin Li; Fiscal Year: 2007..the highly prevalent Parkinson's disease (PD), local delivery of glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) has been found beneficial...
- DEVELOPMENT OF NEURONS IN GUT--GROWTH FACTORSMILES EPSTEIN; Fiscal Year: 2001..A knockout of the gene for Glial Derived Neurotrophic Factor (GDNF) and for its receptor Ret results in similar phenotypes...