Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: GATA6
Description: GATA binding protein 6
Alias: transcription factor GATA-6, GATA-binding factor 6
Publications244 found, 100 shown here
- Oncogenic Ras upregulates NADPH oxidase 1 gene expression through MEK-ERK-dependent phosphorylation of GATA-6Y Adachi
Department of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, Shinshu University School of Medicine, Nagano, Japan
Oncogene 27:4921-32. 2008..On the basis of these results, we propose that oncogenic Ras signaling upregulates the transcription of Nox1 through MEK-ERK-dependent phosphorylation of GATA-6...
- PTEN differentially regulates expressions of ICAM-1 and VCAM-1 through PI3K/Akt/GSK-3β/GATA-6 signaling pathways in TNF-α-activated human endothelial cellsKonstantin Tsoyi
Department of Pharmacology, Institute of Health Sciences, School of Medicine, and Biomedical Center BK21, Gyeongsang National University, 92 Chilam dong, Jinju 660 751, Republic of Korea
Atherosclerosis 213:115-21. 2010..It is concluded that PTEN selectively inhibits expression of VCAM-1 but not ICAM-1 through modulation of PI3K/Akt/GSK-3β/GATA-6 signaling cascade in TNF-α-treated ECs...
- Cooperative interaction between hepatocyte nuclear factor 4 alpha and GATA transcription factors regulates ATP-binding cassette sterol transporters ABCG5 and ABCG8Koichi Sumi
Laboratory of Systems Biology and Medicine, Research Center for Advanced Science and Technology, University of Tokyo, 4 6 1 Komaba, Meguro, Tokyo, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 27:4248-60. 2007..GATA4 and GATA6 bind to the GATA boxes, coexpression of GATA4 and HNF4alpha leads to a striking synergistic activation of both the ..
- GATA6 activates Wnt signaling in pancreatic cancer by negatively regulating the Wnt antagonist Dickkopf-1Yi Zhong
Department of Pathology, The Sol Goldman Pancreatic Cancer Research Center, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e22129. 2011..Here, we show that GATA6 contributes to pancreatic carcinogenesis during the temporal progression of pancreatic intraepithelial neoplasia ..
- GATA factors lie upstream of Nkx 2.5 in the transcriptional regulatory cascade that effects cardiogenesisAlison C Brewer
Department of Cardiology, King s College Hospital, London SE5 9RS, UK
Stem Cells Dev 14:425-39. 2005....
- GATA-6 and thyroid transcription factor-1 directly interact and regulate surfactant protein-C gene expressionCong Liu
Division of Pulmonary Biology, Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229 3039, USA
J Biol Chem 277:4519-25. 2002..GATA-6 influenced the activity of the sp-C promoter, binding and acting synergistically with TTF-1...
- Interaction between hex and GATA transcription factors in vascular endothelial cells inhibits flk-1/KDR-mediated vascular endothelial growth factor signalingTakashi Minami
Research Center for Advanced Science and Technology, University of Tokyo, 4 6 1 Komaba, Meguro, Tokyo 153 8904, Japan
J Biol Chem 279:20626-35. 2004....
- Transcriptional repression of Caveolin-1 (CAV1) gene expression by GATA-6 in bladder smooth muscle hypertrophy in mice and human beingsEttickan Boopathi
Division of Urology, University of Pennsylvania, Glenolden, Pennsylvania, USA
Am J Pathol 178:2236-51. 2011..Silencing of GATA6 gene expression up-regulates caveolin-1 expression, whereas overexpression of GATA-6 protein sustains the ..
- The human GATA-6 gene: structure, chromosomal location, and regulation of expression by tissue-specific and mitogen-responsive signalsE Suzuki
Division of Cardiovascular Research, St Elizabeth s Medical Center, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02135, USA
Genomics 38:283-90. 1996..These data demonstrate that GATA-6 is subject to both tissue-specific and mitogen-responsive regulatory signals. GATA-6 is a prime candidate for a gene that might regulate the differentiative state of VSMCs...
- Distinct functions are implicated for the GATA-4, -5, and -6 transcription factors in the regulation of intestine epithelial cell differentiationX Gao
Department of Development and Molecular Biology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York, USA
Mol Cell Biol 18:2901-11. 1998..Based on this data, we suggest that GATA-6 might function primarily within the proliferating progenitor population, while GATA-4 and GATA-5 function during differentiation to activate terminal-differentiation genes including IFABP...
- GATA-6 induces p21(Cip1) expression and G1 cell cycle arrestH Perlman
Program in Cell, Molecular, and Developmental Biology, Tufts University, Sackler School of Biomedical Studies, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
J Biol Chem 273:13713-8. 1998..In contrast to p53-deficient MEFs and VSMCs, MEFs null for both p21 alleles were refractory to the GATA-6-induced growth inhibition. These data demonstrate that elevated GATA-6 expression can promote the quiescent phenotype in VSMCs...
- The human and mouse GATA-6 genes utilize two promoters and two initiation codonsA Brewer
Department of Molecular Medicine, The Rayne Institute, GKT, 123 Coldharbour Lane, London SE5 9NU, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 274:38004-16. 1999..Thus, GATA-6 function in the cell is controlled by a complex interplay of transcriptional and translational regulation...
- GATA-6 is expressed in the human adrenal and regulates transcription of genes required for adrenal androgen biosynthesisPatricia Jimenez
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75235 9032, USA
Endocrinology 144:4285-8. 2003..Additionally, GATA-6 works in synergy with SF1 to maximally increase expression of enzymes needed to produce adrenal androgens...
- GATA-4 and GATA-6 modulate tissue-specific transcription of the human gene for P450c17 by direct interaction with Sp1Christa E Flück
Department of Pediatrics, Building MR IV, Room 207, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143 0978, USA
Mol Endocrinol 18:1144-57. 2004..Thus, GATA-4 or GATA-6 and Sp1 together regulate expression of P450c17 in adrenal NCI-H295A cells and methylation of P450c17, GATA-4 and GATA-6 silence the expression of P450c17 in placental JEG-3 cells...
- Increased transcription and increased messenger ribonucleic acid (mRNA) stability contribute to increased GATA6 mRNA abundance in polycystic ovary syndrome theca cellsClement K M Ho
Center for Research on Reproduction and Women s Health, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia 19104, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 90:6596-602. 2005..The mRNA and protein levels of the transcription factor GATA6, which regulates expression of several steroidogenic enzymes, are increased in PCOS theca cells...
- Hey basic helix-loop-helix transcription factors are repressors of GATA4 and GATA6 and restrict expression of the GATA target gene ANF in fetal heartsAndreas Fischer
Theodor Boveri Institute, Physiological Chemistry I, University of Wuerzburg, Germany
Mol Cell Biol 25:8960-70. 2005..Comparison of these cell lines by microarray analysis identified GATA4 and GATA6 as differentially expressed genes...
- GATA-6 mediates human bladder smooth muscle differentiation: involvement of a novel enhancer element in regulating alpha-smooth muscle actin gene expressionAkihiro Kanematsu
Urological Diseases Research Center, John F Enders Research Laboratories, Rm 1077, 300 Longwood Ave, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 293:C1093-102. 2007..In addition, these findings demonstrate that GATA-6 regulates human alpha-SMA expression via a novel regulatory cis element in the alpha-SMA promoter-enhancer...
- Genomic profiling identifies GATA6 as a candidate oncogene amplified in pancreatobiliary cancerKevin A Kwei
Department of Pathology, Stanford University, Stanford, California, United States of America
PLoS Genet 4:e1000081. 2008..2, a locus uncommonly amplified in other tumor types. The smallest shared amplification at 18q11.2 included GATA6, a transcriptional regulator previously linked to normal pancreas development...
- Frequent genomic copy number gain and overexpression of GATA-6 in pancreatic carcinomaBaojin Fu
Department of Pathology, Sol Goldman Pancreatic Cancer Research Center, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
Cancer Biol Ther 7:1593-601. 2008..000001 and p < 0.003, respectively). Forced overexpression of GATA6 in MiaPaca2 cells resulted in increased proliferation and growth in soft-agar...
- GATA6 mutations cause human cardiac outflow tract defects by disrupting semaphorin-plexin signalingKazuki Kodo
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Keio University School of Medicine, 35 Shinanomachi, Shinjyuku ku, Tokyo 160 8582, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:13933-8. 2009..Here we show that mutations in the gene encoding the transcription factor GATA6 cause CHD characteristic of a severe form of cardiac outflow tract (OFT) defect, namely persistent truncus ..
- Identification of GATA6 sequence variants in patients with congenital heart defectsMeenakshi Maitra
Department of Pediatrics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390, USA
Pediatr Res 68:281-5. 2010..b>GATA6 encodes for a cardiac transcription factor, which is broadly expressed in the developing heart and is critical for ..
- A novel GATA6 mutation in patients with tetralogy of Fallot or atrial septal defectXiaoping Lin
Department of Cardiology, East Hospital, Tongji University School of Medicine, Shanghai, PR China
J Hum Genet 55:662-7. 2010b>GATA6 is a member of the GATA family of transcription factors, and its expression and functions overlap with those of GATA4 during heart development...
- Expression of Transcription Factor GATA-6 in Alveolar Epithelial Cells Is Linked to Neonatal Lung DiseaseRiika Vähätalo
Children s Hospital, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Neonatology 99:231-40. 2011..The molecular mechanisms related to prematurity and BPD remain largely unknown. Epithelial expression of the transcription factor GATA-6 has been implicated in normal and abnormal murine lung development...
- The promoter hypermethylation status of GATA6, MGMT, and FHIT in glioblastomaGulsah Cecener
Department of Medical Biology, School of Medicine, Uludag University, Bursa, Turkey
Cell Mol Neurobiol 32:237-44. 2012..We examined the methylation status at the promoter regions of GATA6, MGMT, and FHIT using the methylation-specific polymerase chain reaction in 61 primary GBMs...
- GATA6 haploinsufficiency causes pancreatic agenesis in humansHana Lango Allen
Institute of Biomedical and Clinical Science, Peninsula College of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Exeter, Exeter, UK
Nat Genet 44:20-2. 2011..We report de novo heterozygous inactivating mutations in GATA6 in 15/27 (56%) individuals with pancreatic agenesis...
- A novel GATA6 mutation associated with congenital ventricular septal defectGui Fen Zheng
Department of Pediatrics, Tongji Hospital, Tongji University School of Medicine, Shanghai 200065, PR China
Int J Mol Med 29:1065-71. 2012..In this study, the entire coding region of the GATA6 gene, which encodes a zinc-finger transcription factor crucial to normal cardiogenesis, was sequenced ..
- Dominantly inherited diabetes mellitus caused by GATA6 haploinsufficiency: variable intrafamilial presentationTohru Yorifuji
Department of Pediatric Endocrinology and Metabolism, Children s Medical Center, Osaka City General Hospital, Osaka, Japan
J Med Genet 49:642-3. 2012b>GATA6 haploinsufficiency has recently been reported as the most frequent cause of neonatal diabetes with pancreatic agenesis...
- Novel GATA6 mutations associated with congenital ventricular septal defect or tetralogy of fallotJuan Wang
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, East Hospital, Tongji University School of Medicine, Shanghai, China
DNA Cell Biol 31:1610-7. 2012..In this study, the whole coding region of GATA6, a gene encoding a zinc-finger transcription factor crucial for normal cardiogenesis, was sequenced in 380 ..
- Somatic mutations in the GATA6 gene underlie sporadic tetralogy of FallotRi Tai Huang
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Renji Hospital, Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Medicine, Shanghai 200127, PR China
Int J Mol Med 31:51-8. 2013..In the present study, sequence analysis of the GATA6 gene was performed from fresh-frozen cardiac tissues and matched blood samples of 52 unrelated ..
- GATA6 mutations cause a broad phenotypic spectrum of diabetes from pancreatic agenesis to adult-onset diabetes without exocrine insufficiencyElisa De Franco
Institute of Biomedical and Clinical Science, University of Exeter Medical School, Exeter, UK
Diabetes 62:993-7. 2013We recently reported de novo GATA6 mutations as the most common cause of pancreatic agenesis, accounting for 15 of 27 (56%) patients with insulin-treated neonatal diabetes and exocrine pancreatic insufficiency requiring enzyme ..
- Endothelial GATA-6 deficiency promotes pulmonary arterial hypertensionAngela Ghatnekar
Division of Rheumatology and Immunology, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina, USA
Am J Pathol 182:2391-406. 2013..Mice with the genetic deletion of GATA-6 in ECs (Gata6-KO) spontaneously develop elevated pulmonary artery pressure and increased vessel muscularization, and these ..
- A case of pancreatic agenesis and congenital heart defects with a novel GATA6 nonsense mutation: evidence of haploinsufficiency due to nonsense-mediated mRNA decayShigeru Suzuki
Department of Pediatrics, Asahikawa Medical University, Asahikawa, Japan
Am J Med Genet A 164:476-9. 2014Recently, GATA6 heterozygous loss-of-function mutations were reported to cause pancreatic agenesis and congenital heart defects (PACHD [OMIM:600001])...
- Whole exome sequencing identifies de novo mutations in GATA6 associated with congenital diaphragmatic herniaLan Yu
Division of Molecular Genetics, Department of Pediatrics, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, New York, USA
J Med Genet 51:197-202. 2014..It is characterised by herniation of abdominal viscera through an incompletely formed diaphragm. Although chromosomal anomalies and mutations in several genes have been implicated, the cause for most patients is unknown...
- A p300 protein as a coactivator of GATA-6 in the transcription of the smooth muscle-myosin heavy chain geneH Wada
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Japan
J Biol Chem 275:25330-5. 2000....
- Transcription factors GATA-4 and GATA-6 in human adrenocortical tumorsS Kiiveri
Children s Hospital, Biomedicum Helsinki, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Endocr Res 30:919-23. 2004..In contrast, both cell lines expressed GATA-6. GATA expression patterns similar to the animal models can thus be observed in human adrenocortical tumors, but the pathophysiological significance of these findings remains to be elucidated...
- Histone modifications silence the GATA transcription factor genes in ovarian cancerC Caslini
Department of Medical Oncology, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA 19111 2497, USA
Oncogene 25:5446-61. 2006..In particular, GATA6 is lost or excluded from the nucleus in 85% of ovarian tumors and GATA4 expression is absent in majority of ..
- Transcription factors GATA-4 and GATA-6 in normal and neoplastic human gastrointestinal mucosaHanna Haveri
Children s Hospital, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
BMC Gastroenterol 8:9. 2008..The expression of the carcinogenesis-related protein Indian hedgehog was also investigated in comparison to GATA factors...
- GATA6 promotes angiogenic function and survival in endothelial cells by suppression of autocrine transforming growth factor beta/activin receptor-like kinase 5 signalingNatali Froese
Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, Klinik für Kardiologie und Angiologie, Institut fur Molekularbiologie, Rebirth Cluster of Excellence, Carl Neuberg Strasse 1, 30625 Hannover, Germany
J Biol Chem 286:5680-90. 2011..We showed here that the transcription factor GATA6 is expressed in different human primary endothelial cells as well as in vascular endothelial cells of mice in vivo...
- Transcriptional activation of BMP-4 and regulation of mammalian organogenesis by GATA-4 and -6Georges Nemer
Laboratoire de developpement et differenciation cardiaques, Institut de recherches cliniques de Montreal IRCM, Canada
Dev Biol 254:131-48. 2003..They also raise the possibility that part of the early defects in GATA-4 and/or GATA-6 null embryos may be due to impaired BMP-4 signaling...
- Identification and characterization of retinoic acid receptor beta2 target genes in F9 teratocarcinoma cellsYong Zhuang
Pharmacology Department, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY, USA
Mol Cancer Res 1:619-30. 2003..transcription factors, cell surface signal transduction molecules, and metabolic enzymes, include c-myc, FOG1, GATA6, glutamate dehydrogenase, glutathione S-transferase homologue (p28), Foxq1, Hic5, Meis1a, Dab2, midkine, and the ..
- FGF signal-dependent segregation of primitive endoderm and epiblast in the mouse blastocystYojiro Yamanaka
Program in Developmental and Stem Cell Biology, Hospital for Sick Children Research Institute, Toronto, Ontario M5G 1X8, Canada
Development 137:715-24. 2010..studies showed that EPI and PE progenitors expressing the lineage-specific transcriptional factors Nanog and Gata6, respectively, arise progressively as the ICM develops...
- Heme oxygenase-1 and carbon monoxide promote neovascularization after myocardial infarction by modulating the expression of HIF-1alpha, SDF-1alpha and VEGF-BPäivi Lakkisto
Department of Clinical Chemistry, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Haartmaninkatu, Helsinki, Finland
Eur J Pharmacol 635:156-64. 2010..arteries by promoting a substantial differentiation of c-kit+ cells into vascular smooth muscle cells (c-kit+/GATA6+ cells)...
- Formation of the digestive system in zebrafish. I. Liver morphogenesisHolly A Field
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Programs in Developmental Biology, Genetics and Human Genetics, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Dev Biol 253:279-90. 2003..It had been reported that no tail mutant embryos appear to lack a liver primordium, as assessed by gata6 expression. However, analysis of gutGFP embryos lacking Ntl show that the liver is in fact present...
- Identification of p300-targeted acetylated residues in GATA4 during hypertrophic responses in cardiac myocytesTomohide Takaya
Division of Translational Research and Clinical Research Institute, Kyoto Medical Center, National Hospital Organization, 1 1 Mukaihata cho, Fukakusa, Fushimi ku, Kyoto, Japan
J Biol Chem 283:9828-35. 2008..simultaneously mutated, retained the ability to localize in nuclei and to interact with cofactors including FOG-2, GATA6, and p300 but lacked p300-induced acetylation, DNA binding, and transcriptional activities...
- Developmental potential of rat extraembryonic stem cellsVasiliy Galat
Developmental Biology Program, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois 60614, USA
Stem Cells Dev 18:1309-18. 2009..Oct4, and Rex1 markers similar to ES cells and also express signature markers of TS-eomesodermin (Eomes) and XEN-Gata6. Here we show that these cells integrate into the visceral and parietal extraembryonic endoderm lineages as well ..
- GATA6 regulates HNF4 and is required for differentiation of visceral endoderm in the mouse embryoE E Morrisey
Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637 USA
Genes Dev 12:3579-90. 1998b>GATA6 belongs to a family of zinc finger transcription factors that play important roles in transducing nuclear events that regulate cellular differentiation and embryonic morphogenesis in vertebrate species...
- Extra-embryonic endoderm cells derived from ES cells induced by GATA factors acquire the character of XEN cellsDaisuke Shimosato
Laboratory for Pluripotent Cell Studies, RIKEN Center for Developmental Biology CDB, Minatojima Minamimachi, Chuo Ku, Kobe, Hyogo, Japan
BMC Dev Biol 7:80. 2007..embryo-derived XEN cells and ES cell-derived ExEn cell lines remains unclear, although we have previously reported that overexpression of Gata4 or Gata6 induces differentiation of mouse ES cells into extra-embryonic endoderm in vitro.
- Regulation of the calreticulin gene by GATA6 and Evi-1 transcription factorsYuanyuan Qiu
Department of Biochemistry, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T6G 2H7
Biochemistry 47:3697-704. 2008..In this study we identify GATA6 and Evi-1 transcription factors as new regulators of the calreticulin gene...
- Dynamic GATA6 expression in primitive endoderm formation and maturation in early mouse embryogenesisKathy Q Cai
Ovarian Cancer Programs, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Dev Dyn 237:2820-9. 2008..GATA4 and GATA6 are the key transcription factors in the formation of extraembryonic endoderms, but their specific contribution to ..
- Global expression profiling of sex cord stromal tumors from Men1 heterozygous mice identifies altered TGF-beta signaling, decreased Gata6 and increased Csf1r expressionArne W Mould
Queensland Institute of Medical Research, QLD, Australia
Int J Cancer 124:1122-32. 2009..Aberrant protein expression in Leydig and granulosa cells of 2 transcriptionally dysregulated gene products, Gata6 and Csf1r were confirmed by immunohistochemistry...
- A role for PDGF signaling in expansion of the extra-embryonic endoderm lineage of the mouse blastocystJérôme Artus
Developmental Biology Program, Sloan Kettering Institute, 1275 York Avenue, New York, NY 10065, USA
Development 137:3361-72. 2010..elements with the analysis of lineage-specific markers, we found that Pdgfra expression coincides with that of GATA6, the earliest expressed transcriptional regulator of the PrE lineage...
- Origin and identity of adrenocortical tumors in inhibin knockout mice: implications for cellular plasticity in the adrenal cortexBrendan D Looyenga
Cellular and Molecular Biology Graduate Program, Division of Endocrinology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 2200, USA
Mol Endocrinol 20:2848-63. 2006..A central feature of this altered cellular identity is the switch from predominant expression of Gata6 (endogenous to the adrenal cortex) to Gata4, which defines cellular identity in the ovary...
- Dissecting the molecular hierarchy for mesendoderm differentiation through a combination of embryonic stem cell culture and RNA interferenceNaoki Izumi
Laboratory for Stem Cell Biology, RIKEN Center for Developmental Biology, 2 2 3 Minatojima minamimachi, Chuo Ku, Kobe 650 0047, Japan
Stem Cells 25:1664-74. 2007..RNA interference-mediated gene knockdown (KD) method, we show that Eomesodermin (Eomes), Mixl1, Brachyury (T), and GATA6 are major molecular determinants in the differentiation of mesendoderm, DE, VE, and mesoderm...
- Transcriptional control of the calreticulin gene in health and diseaseYuanyuan Qiu
Department of Biochemistry, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T6G 2H7
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 41:531-8. 2009..5, MEF2C, GATA6, PPAR, COUP-TF1 and Evi-1 factors...
- RNA polymerase II associated factor 1/PD2 maintains self-renewal by its interaction with Oct3/4 in mouse embryonic stem cellsMoorthy P Ponnusamy
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska 68198 5870, USA
Stem Cells 27:3001-11. 2009..Interestingly, we found that the key genes that regulate endodermal differentiation (Gata4, Gata6, and Fgf8) are induced in the Paf1/PD2 heterozygous knockout ESCs...
- GATA-6 regulates genes promoting synthetic functions in vascular smooth muscle cellsJohn J Lepore
Molecular Cardiology Research Center, Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania Health System, Philadelphia 19104, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 25:309-14. 2005..The objective of this study was to identify bona fide target genes regulated by GATA-6 in VSMCs...
- Serum response factor micromanaging cardiogenesisZhivy Niu
Program in Cardiovascular Sciences, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Curr Opin Cell Biol 19:618-27. 2007..knockout of miR-1-2, an SRF gene target, showed defective heart development, caused in part by the induction of GATA6, Irx4/5, and Hand2, that may alter cardiac morphogenesis, channel activity, and cell cycling...
- Sequential hepatogenic transdifferentiation of adipose tissue-derived stem cells: relevance of different extracellular signaling molecules, transcription factors involved, and expression of new key marker genesA Bonora-Centelles
Unidad de Hepatologia Experimental, Centro de Investigacion, Hospital La Fe, Valencia, Spain
Cell Transplant 18:1319-40. 2009..This protocol activated transcription factors [GATA6, Hex, CCAAT/enhancer binding protein alpha and beta (CEBPalpha and beta), peroxisome proliferator-activated ..
- Determination of genes involved in the early process of molar root development initiation in rat by modified subtractive hybridizationXianghui Xing
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, School of Stomatology, Fourth Military Medical University, Xian 710032, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 363:994-1000. 2007..Differentially expressed gene clones were evaluated by dot-blot and sequencing. Sel1l, Nfic, Edar, GATA6, and some novel genes were found differentially expressed, which were strongly related the tooth root patterning...
- Gata6 is an important regulator of mouse pancreas developmentKimberly Decker
Program in Molecular Biology, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, University of Colorado at Denver Health Sciences Center, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Dev Biol 298:415-29. 2006Gata4, Gata5, and Gata6 represent a subfamily of zinc-finger transcriptional regulators that are important in the development and differentiation of numerous tissues, including many endodermally-derived organs...
- The transcription factor GATA6 is essential for branching morphogenesis and epithelial cell differentiation during fetal pulmonary developmentR Keijzer
Department of Cell Biology and Genetics, Erasmus University Medical Centre Rotterdam, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Development 128:503-11. 2001Recent loss-of-function studies in mice show that the transcription factor GATA6 is important for visceral endoderm differentiation...
- The transcription factors GATA4 and GATA6 regulate cardiomyocyte hypertrophy in vitro and in vivoQ Liang
Department of Pediatrics, University of Cincinnati, Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229 3039, USA
J Biol Chem 276:30245-53. 2001The zinc finger-containing transcription factors GATA4 and GATA6 are important regulators of basal and inducible gene expression in cardiac and smooth muscle cell types...
- Wnt2 is a direct downstream target of GATA6 during early cardiogenesisAlexander Alexandrovich
Cardiovascular Division, King s College London, London SE5 9PJ, UK
Mech Dev 123:297-311. 2006..Using the P19-CL6 embryonal carcinoma (EC) cell line as an in vitro model of cardiogenesis, we show that GATA6 is the most abundantly expressed of the GATA factors in presumptive cardiac cells...
- The Grb2/Mek pathway represses Nanog in murine embryonic stem cellsTakashi Hamazaki
Department of Pathology, University of Florida College of Medicine, P O Box 100275, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Mol Cell Biol 26:7539-49. 2006..Expression of Gata6 and Zfp42, two putative downstream Nanog effectors, was also increased and decreased by the addition of sodium ..
- SUMO-specific protease 2 is essential for suppression of polycomb group protein-mediated gene silencing during embryonic developmentXunlei Kang
The Department of Biochemistry and Molecular and Cell Biology, The Key Laboratory of Cell Differentiation and Apoptosis of Chinese Ministry of Education, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai, China
Mol Cell 38:191-201. 2010..that deletion of SENP2 gene in mouse causes defects in the embryonic heart and reduces the expression of Gata4 and Gata6, which are essential for cardiac development...
- The differentiation and isolation of mouse embryonic stem cells toward hepatocytes using galactose-carrying substrataQingyuan Meng
Department of Biomolecular Engineering, Graduate School of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Midori ku, Yokohama, Japan
Biomaterials 33:1414-27. 2012..after re-seeding onto PVLA-coated surface, and observed the elimination of the poorly differentiated cells (Gata6(+) and Sox17(+)) and the ones toward another cell lineage (brachyury(+) and Pdx1(+))...
- MGMT, GATA6, CD81, DR4, and CASP8 gene promoter methylation in glioblastomaDaina Skiriute
Laboratory of Neurooncology and Genetics, Neuroscience Institute, Medical Academy, Lithuanian University of Health Sciences, Eiveniu str, 4, Kaunas, LT, 50009, Lithuania
BMC Cancer 12:218. 2012..Our aim was to study promoter methylation of newly identified epigenetically silenced genes together with already known epigenetic markers and evaluate its separate and concomitant role in glioblastoma genesis and patient outcome...
- Comparative gene expression profiling in human-induced pluripotent stem cell--derived cardiocytes and human and cynomolgus heart tissueDinesh Puppala
Compound Safety Prediction, Pfizer, Inc, Groton, Connecticut 06340, USA
Toxicol Sci 131:292-301. 2013..5, GATA4, and GATA6) and lack the expression of stem cell markers (FOXD3, GBX2, NANOG, POU5F1, SOX2, and ZFP42)...
- Pancreas-specific deletion of mouse Gata4 and Gata6 causes pancreatic agenesisShouhong Xuan
Department of Genetics and Development, Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Clin Invest 122:3516-28. 2012..Recently, mutations in GATA6 have been identified in a large percentage of human cases, and a GATA4 mutant allele has been implicated in a ..
- Silencing of GATA6 suppresses SW1990 pancreatic cancer cell growth in vitro and up-regulates reactive oxygen speciesWen Bo Chen
Department of Gastroenterology, Sun Yat Sen Memorial Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, No 107 Yanjiang West Road, Guangzhou, 510120, Guangdong, People s Republic of China
Dig Dis Sci 58:2518-27. 2013..Previous studies have indicated that GATA6 plays a key role in organ development and function, and that abnormal expression of GATA6 may induce tumorigenesis...
- GATA6 levels modulate primitive endoderm cell fate choice and timing in the mouse blastocystNadine Schrode
Developmental Biology Program, Sloan Kettering Institute, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10065, USA
Dev Cell 29:454-67. 2014..into the pluripotent epiblast or the primitive endoderm (PrE), marked by the transcription factors NANOG and GATA6, respectively...
- GATA6 loss-of-function mutations contribute to familial dilated cardiomyopathyLei Xu
Department of Cardiology, Shanghai Chest Hospital, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai 200030, P R China
Int J Mol Med 34:1315-22. 2014..In the current study, the coding exons and flanking introns of the GATA6 gene, which encodes a zinc‑finger transcription factor essential for cardiogenesis, was sequenced in 140 ..
- Sulforaphane suppresses cardiac hypertrophy by inhibiting GATA4/GATA6 expression and MAPK signaling pathwaysHae Jin Kee
Cardiovascular Convergence Research Center, Chonnam National University Hospital, Gwangju, South Korea
Mol Nutr Food Res 59:221-30. 2015..Sulforaphane (SFN) is a naturally occurring isothiocynate compound found in cruciferous vegetables. Here, we report the effect of SFN on cardiac hypertrophy and propose an underlying mechanism...
- GATA-Binding Factor 6 Contributes to Atrioventricular Node Development and FunctionFang Liu
From the Penn Cardiovascular Institute, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia F L, M M L, N N P, K J S, T W and Department of Physiology, Section of Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology and Cardiovascular Research Center, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA V V P
Circ Cardiovasc Genet 8:284-93. 2015..GATA-binding factor 6 (GATA6) is a zinc-finger transcription factor that is critical for patterning the cardiovascular system...
- Pluripotency, Differentiation, and Reprogramming: A Gene Expression Dynamics Model with Epigenetic Feedback RegulationTadashi Miyamoto
Department of Basic Science, The University of Tokyo, Meguro ku, Tokyo, Japan
PLoS Comput Biol 11:e1004476. 2015..Inversely, expression of differentiation genes such as Gata6 and Gata4 is promoted during differentiation...
- Genome-wide association scan suggests basis for microtia in Awassi sheepK Jawasreh
Animal Breeding and Genetics, Department of Animal Production, Faculty of Agriculture, Jordan University of Science and Technology JUST, Irbid, Jordan
Anim Genet 47:504-6. 2016..Many of the earless sheep breeds may thus share the causative mutation, especially within the subgroup of fat-tailed, wool sheep. ..
- Key transcription factors in the differentiation of mesenchymal stem cellsSami G Almalki
Departments of Biomedical Sciences, Creighton University School of Medicine, Omaha, NE, USA
Differentiation 92:41-51. 2016..studies have explored the integration of transcription factors, including Runx2, Sox9, PPARγ, MyoD, GATA4, and GATA6 in the differentiation of MSCs...
- Neonatal diabetes and protein losing enteropathy: a case reportTamara McMillan
Department of Paediatrics and Child Health, University of Manitoba, FE 307 685 William Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3E 0Z2, Canada
BMC Med Genet 17:32. 2016..Less frequently, mutations of the GATA6 gene, located on chromosome 18 cause a form of permanent neonatal diabetes resulting from pancreatic hypoplasia or ..
- Insights into islet development and biology through characterization of a human iPSC-derived endocrine pancreas modelMartijn van de Bunt
a Wellcome Trust Centre for Human Genetics, University of Oxford, Oxford, United Kingdom
Islets 8:83-95. 2016..2, p-value = 4.9 × 10(-5)) and the pancreatic agenesis gene GATA6 (log2 FC = 12.1, p-value = 8...
- Origin and formation of the first two distinct cell types of the inner cell mass in the mouse embryoSamantha A Morris
Department of Physiology, Wellcome Trust Cancer Research UK Gurdon Institute, University of Cambridge, Cambridge CB2 3EH, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:6364-9. 2010..Moreover, we show that cells internalized by the second wave up-regulate expression of Gata6 and Sox17, and changing the expression of these genes determines whether the cells become primitive endoderm...
- The gene for transcription factor GATA-6 resides on mouse chromosome 18 and is expressed in myocardium and vascular smooth muscleN Narita
Department of Pediatrics, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, 63110, USA
Genomics 36:345-8. 1996..Using backcross analysis, the Gata6 gene was localized to mouse chromosome 18, linked to the gene encoding transthyretin...
- Comparative genomics on Wnt8a and Wnt8b genesMasuko Katoh
M and M Medical BioInformatics, Hongo 113 0033, Japan
Int J Oncol 26:1129-33. 2005..GATA-binding site was located within conserved region of rat Wnt8b and human WNT8B promoters. GATA6 ESTs were expressed in diffuse type gastric cancer, and FGFR2 gene is reported preferentially amplified in diffuse ..
- Development of the mammalian liver and ventral pancreas is dependent on GATA4Alistair J Watt
Department of Cell Biology, Neurobiology and Anatomy, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53202, USA
BMC Dev Biol 7:37. 2007..We therefore hypothesized that GATA4 has an integral role in controlling the early stages of pancreatic and liver development...
- Downregulation of GATA4 and GATA6 in the heart of rats with nitrofen-induced diaphragmatic herniaHajime Takayasu
Children s Research Centre, Our Lady s Hospital for Sick Children, University College Dublin, 12 Dublin, Ireland
J Pediatr Surg 43:362-6. 2008..It has been reported that GATA4 and GATA6, members of the GATA transcription factor family, act cooperatively to regulate cardiovascular development, and ..
- GATA4 is a regulator of astrocyte cell proliferation and apoptosis in the human and murine central nervous systemS Agnihotri
The Arthur and Sonia Labatt s Brain Tumor Research Centre, The Hospital for Sick Children s Research Institute, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Oncogene 28:3033-46. 2009..Using retroviral gene trapping on transgenic mouse glioma models, we identified GATA6 to be a novel tumor suppressor gene in glioblastoma multiforme...
- Identification and characterization of alternative promoters of zebrafish Rtn-4/Nogo genes in cultured cells and zebrafish embryosYi Chung Chen
Institute of Biological Chemistry, Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan
Nucleic Acids Res 38:4635-50. 2010..Using morpholino knockdown experiments, GATA4 and GATA6 were involved in the control of P1 promoter activity in the liver and intestine, while Myf5 and MyoD for the ..
- The transcription factor GATA-6 regulates pathological cardiac hypertrophyJop H van Berlo
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, 240 Albert Sabin Way, Cincinnati, OH 45229 3039, USA
Circ Res 107:1032-40. 2010..The highly related transcription factor GATA-6 is also expressed in the adult heart, although its role in controlling the hypertrophic program is unknown...
- GATA depletion impacts insulin-like growth factor 1 mRNA and protein levels in luteinizing porcine granulosa cellsHolly A Lavoie
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy, University of South Carolina School of Medicine, Columbia, South Carolina 29208, USA
Biol Reprod 83:1015-26. 2010GATA4 and GATA6 are zinc-finger transcription factors that regulate specific genes involved in steroidogenesis...
- Isolated skeletal malformations in a child with a small mosaic ring microduplication of 18 p11.21q11.2: genotype-phenotype correlationsThomas P Slavin
Department of Genetics, Center for Human Genetics, University Hospitals of Cleveland and Case Western Reserve University, Ohio, USA
Am J Med Genet A 155:618-21. 2011..Genes in the triplicated region that possibly are contributing to her skeletal phenotype include GATA6, MC2R, MC5R, RBBP8, ESCO1, and ROCK1, among others...
- The RNA-binding protein Unr prevents mouse embryonic stem cells differentiation toward the primitive endoderm lineageHabiba Elatmani
Physiopathologie du Cancer du Foie, Universite de Bordeaux, Physiopathologie du Cancer du Foie, U1053, Bordeaux, France
Stem Cells 29:1504-16. 2011..pluripotency, producing differentiated teratomas, and the differentiated unr(-/-) ESCs coexpress the PrE inducer Gata6 and the pluripotency factors Oct4, Nanog, and Sox2...
- Transcription factor GATA-6 recruits PPARα to cooperatively activate Glut4 gene expressionChun xia Yao
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, School of Basic Medical Sciences, Zhengzhou University, Zhengzhou City, Henan 450001, China
J Mol Biol 415:143-58. 2012....
- GATA6 loss-of-function mutation in atrial fibrillationYi qing Yang
Department of Cardiovascular Research, Shanghai Chest Hospital, Medical College of Shanghai Jiaotong University, 241 West Huaihai Road, Shanghai 200030, China
Eur J Med Genet 55:520-6. 2012..In this study, the entire coding region of the GATA6 gene, which encodes a zinc-finger transcription factor crucial for cardiogenesis, was sequenced in 138 unrelated ..
- Human coronary artery perivascular adipocytes overexpress genes responsible for regulating vascular morphology, inflammation, and hemostasisTapan K Chatterjee
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Cincinnati, Ohio 45267, USA
Physiol Genomics 45:697-709. 2013..biology, or inflammation, noteworthy of which include TNFRSF11B (osteoprotegerin), PLAT, TGFB1, THBS2, HIF1A, GATA6, and SERPINE1...
- A novel mutation in GATA6 causes pancreatic agenesisDiana E Stanescu
Division of Endocrinology, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Pediatr Diabetes 16:67-70. 2015Heterozygous mutations in GATA6 have been linked to pancreatic agenesis and cardiac malformations...
- STARD6 is expressed in steroidogenic cells of the ovary and can enhance de novo steroidogenesisHolly A Lavoie
Dept of Cell Biology and Anatomy, University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC 29208, USA
Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 239:430-5. 2014..was not regulated by cyclic AMP, but it was reduced by combined knockdown of the transcription factors GATA4 and GATA6. We detected both STARD6 mRNA and protein in fresh granulosa cells and whole antral follicles and different stage ..
- The transcription factor GATA6 enables self-renewal of colon adenoma stem cells by repressing BMP gene expressionGavin Whissell
Institute for Research in Biomedicine IRB Barcelona, 08028 Barcelona, Spain
Nat Cell Biol 16:695-707. 2014..genes required for maintaining the tumour stem cell phenotype and identify the zinc-finger transcription factor GATA6 as a key regulator of the WNT and BMP pathways in CRC...
- Expression of a lung developmental cassette in the adult and developing zebrafish swimbladderAmanda N Cass
Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, 14853, USA
Evol Dev 15:119-32. 2013..This study demonstrates that a suite of genes (Nkx2.1, FoxA2, Wnt7b, GATA6), previously reported to be co-expressed only in the tetrapod lung, is also co-expressed in the zebrafish ..
- GATA6 expression in Barrett's oesophagus and oesophageal adenocarcinomaKirill Pavlov
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University of Groningen, University Medical Center Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Dig Liver Dis 47:73-80. 2015..The transcription factor GATA6 is known to be involved in columnar differentiation and proliferation, and GATA6 gene amplification was recently ..
- Expression of steroidogenic enzymes and their transcription factors in cortisol-producing adrenocortical adenomas: immunohistochemical analysis and quantitative real-time polymerase chain reaction studiesFumie Kubota-Nakayama
Department of Pathology, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, Sendai, 980 8575 Japan Department of Diagnostic Pathology, Tohoku Rosai Hospital, Sendai, 981 8563 Japan
Hum Pathol 54:165-73. 2016..Immunoreactivity of HSD3B2, CYP11B1, CYP17A1, steroidogenic factor-1 (SF1[NR5A1]), GATA6, and nerve growth factor induced-B (NGFIB[NR4A1]) was detected in tumor cells...
- Gata6-Dependent GLI3 Repressor Function is Essential in Anterior Limb Progenitor Cells for Proper Limb DevelopmentShinichi Hayashi
Department of Genetics, Cell Biology and Development, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States of America
PLoS Genet 12:e1006138. 2016..In this study, we show a novel mechanism of regulation of GLI3R activities in limb buds by Gata6, a member of the GATA transcription factor family...
- Aberrant JAK/STAT Signaling Suppresses TFF1 and TFF2 through Epigenetic Silencing of GATA6 in Gastric CancerCheng Shyong Wu
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Chiayi Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Chiayi 613, Taiwan
Int J Mol Sci 17:. 2016..Results from RNA sequencing identified an inverse correlation between the expression of STAT3 and GATA6 in 23 pairs of gastric cancer patient samples...
- THE ROLE OF GATA6 IN LUNG DEVELOPMENTEdward E Morrisey; Fiscal Year: 2013..Early development of the lung is orchestrated by a small group of critical transcription factors including Gata6, Foxa1/2, and Nkx2.1...
- Tudorita Tumbar; Fiscal Year: 2014..In Aim (3) we will employ two transcription factors Runx1 and Gata6 as fate acquisition regulators...
- miRNAs regulate lung epithelial progenitor cells in development and injury repairYing Tian; Fiscal Year: 2013..Recently, We have demonstrated that miR-302/367 is a direct target of Gata6 -a transcription factor essential for proper lung development and airway regeneration- and regulates the balance ..
- Michael Kahn; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- Regulation of Intestinal Gene ExpressionStephen D Krasinski; Fiscal Year: 2012..Gata4 and Gata6 are co-expressed in crypt cells of the proximal small intestine, and Gata4 or Gata6 is required for specification ..
- Lori Sussel; Fiscal Year: 2014..In the studies proposed here, we will investigate the roles of two Gata factor family members, Gata4 and Gata6, in the regulation of pancreatic primordia specification and in the development and differentiation of the ..
- Conotruncal defects: genetic and nutritional riskEDWARD JAMES LAMMER; Fiscal Year: 2010..candidate genes involved in development of the anterior heart field of the early embryo (NKX2-5, GATA4, GATA5, GATA6, ZFPM2, FOXH1, MEF2C, ISL1 and FGF8)...
- Michael P Verzi; Fiscal Year: 2014..suggest CDX2 differentially cooperates with specific transcription factors in progenitor and differentiated cells, GATA6 and HNF4(, respectively...
- ANDREW BRUCE LASSAR; Fiscal Year: 2016..Recent work in my lab has indicated that the transcription factor GATA6 is a negative regulator of Sonic Hedgehog (Shh) signaling in the limb bud, and may play a similar role in the ..
- Jeffery D Molkentin; Fiscal Year: 2016..In the adult heart, GATA4 and GATA6 transcription factors are re-employed where they function as important regulators of the hypertrophic gene program ..
- TODD R EVANS; Fiscal Year: 2016..We also showed that gata5 is required during embryogenesis, along with its sister gene gata6, for the normal specification of zebrafish cardiomyocytes...
- Limb-type specific distinct upstream regulation of a common Hand2-Shh pathwayYasuhiko Kawakami; Fiscal Year: 2013..Preliminary data for this proposal, obtained by conditional knockout (cKO) of Islet1 (Isl1) and Gata6, suggests that these two genes are upstream of Hand2-dependent Shh induction specifically in hindlimb buds...
- Don X Nguyen; Fiscal Year: 2016..In particular, we discovered a metastasis suppressor pathway associated with the cell fate transcription factors GATA6 and HOPX...
- Nabora Soledad Reyes de Mochel; Fiscal Year: 2014..the pluripotent regulatory motifs of Oct4/Nanog/Sox2 and the TE committing networks of Tead4, Cdx2, and Gata6. Direct evidence for the biological role of BMP signaling in pre-implantation mammalian embryonic development ..
- XIANGXI MIKE XU; Fiscal Year: 2015..In the last funding period, we investigated the loss of the developmental transcription factors GATA4 and GATA6 in ovarian cancer development...
- Endothelial Cell Regulation of Smooth Muscle PhenotypeRichard Powell; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- MOLECULAR PATHWAYS CONTROLLING CARDIAC GENE EXPRESSIONJeffery Molkentin; Fiscal Year: 2007..In the adult heart, GATA4 and GATA6 transcription factors are re-employed where they function as important regulators of the hypertrophic gene program ..
- Nkx2.2 and Gata6: regulation of islet developmentLori Sussel; Fiscal Year: 2003..2. These studies led to the identification of Gata6 as a potential Nkx2.2 interacting factor in the pancreas...
- Role of NFI in type II Cell FunctionCINDY BACHURSKI; Fiscal Year: 2006..Thyroid transcription factor 1 (TTF1) and GATA6 have been implicated in differentiation of the distal pulmonary epithelium and we have clearly shown that Nuclear ..
- Epithelial Positioning Organization and Ovarian CancerXIANGXI MIKE XU; Fiscal Year: 2010..Such studies will lead to a better understanding of cancer etiology and will contribute to public health by providing cancer preventive stratagy and treatment therapy. ..
- Transcriptional control of gastrointestinal developmentStephen Duncan; Fiscal Year: 2008..Here we propose that the transcription factors Hnf4, Gata4 and Gata6 have central roles in regulating the formation of the gut epithelium...
- DAB2 AND RAS REGULATIONXiangxi Xu; Fiscal Year: 2001..These mechanistic studies of Dab2 will enhance our understanding of its role in cell growth regulation and the possible involvement in breast and ovary tumorigenicity. ..
- 5-LOX-1 and Clinical Chemoprevention of Colon TumorsImad Shureiqi; Fiscal Year: 2008..If our hypothesis is confirmed, efforts can be directed to develop chemopreventive interventions that specifically target the GATA-6 and 15-LOX-1 signaling pathway. ..
- From embryo to adult: mechanisms of fetal programmingTom Fleming; Fiscal Year: 2006..Our multidisciplinary approach has been designed to provide the first integrative assessment of dietary programming mechanisms, from embryo to adult. ..
- Molecular Targeting of 15-Lipoxygenase-1 in Colon CancerImad Shureiqi; Fiscal Year: 2007..the feasibility of tumor selective targeting of 15-LOX-1 to inhibit tumorigenesis will pave the way for future preclinical and clinical development of therapeutic strategies based on molecularly targeting 15-LOX-1 ..
- The role of HNF4 in gastrointestinal developmentMichele Battle; Fiscal Year: 2006..By understanding how this transcription factor functions in the gut, greater insight into the fundamental molecular processes underlying gut development wilt be gained. ..
- Afri 1: Gene Cloning and its Role in Liver RegulationBrett Spear; Fiscal Year: 2006..We can then understand how Afr1 regulates AFP and we are likely to learn more about the transcription/post/transcriptional connections as well as how this may be developmentally regulated to control gene expression. ..
- A non-surgical method for producing gene-modified miceBrett Spear; Fiscal Year: 2005..We believe that this is a dramatic improvement over current methods, and would become adopted as the method of choice for transgenic researchers if it is truly as successful as our preliminary data suggests. ..
- LINOLEIC ACID METABOLISM AND COLON CARCINOGENESISImad Shureiqi; Fiscal Year: 2005..This work will set the stage for future animals and clinical studies of LA alternative pathway modulation as means of colon cancer chemoprevention. ..
- Regulation of Fetal Liver GrowthStephen Duncan; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Oxidative stress and IkBalpha modificationBrett Spear; Fiscal Year: 2002..Overall, these studies may help elucidate additional mechanisms that control NFkB activity in organisms. ..
- ENHANCERS AND LIVER-SPECIFIC TRANSCRIPTIONBrett Spear; Fiscal Year: 2001..In addition, the information derived from these studies may improve strategies to express foreign genes within the liver, a goal of many gene therapy trials. ..
- Role of GATA4 and GATA6 in Controlling Heart DevelopmentStephen Duncan; Fiscal Year: 2009..Recently we have produced mouse embryos from embryonic stem (ES) cells in which both Gata4 and Gata6 genes, which encode zinc finger transcription factors, were simultaneously disrupted...
- Function of GATA-6 in Vascular Smooth MuscleJohn Lepore; Fiscal Year: 2005..End of Abstract) ..
- OVARIAN LDL RECEPTOR AND STAR GENE REGULATIONHOLLY LAVOIE; Fiscal Year: 2003..These studies will promote our understanding of how multiple genes are coordinated by different trophic factors in the ovary during follicular differentiation and add to our understanding of mechanisms of infertility. ..
- Akt-Regulated Gene Expression in Bladder Smooth MuscleRosalyn Adam; Fiscal Year: 2005..The information obtained from these studies will underpin and inform future studies that will be directed towards elucidation of the mechanism of action of Akt-regulated genes in bladder muscle. ..