Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: GATA3
Description: GATA binding protein 3
Alias: HDR, HDRS, trans-acting T-cell-specific transcription factor GATA-3, GATA-binding factor 3
Publications295 found, 100 shown here
- High-dose-rate versus low-dose-rate brachytherapy in the treatment of cervical cancer: analysis of tumor recurrence--the University of Wisconsin experienceD G Petereit
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Wisconsin Medical School, Madison, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 45:1267-74. 1999To retrospectively compare the clinical outcome for cervical cancer patients treated with high-dose-rate (HDR) vs. low-dose-rate (LDR) brachytherapy.
- NKX3.1 is a direct TAL1 target gene that mediates proliferation of TAL1-expressing human T cell acute lymphoblastic leukemiaSophie Kusy
Laboratoire de recherche sur la Réparation et la Transcription dans les cellules Souches, Direction des Sciences du Vivant, Commissariat à l Énergie Atomique et aux Énergies Alternatives, 92265 Fontenay aux Roses, France
J Exp Med 207:2141-56. 2010..Finally, TAL1 or NKX3.1 knockdown abrogates the ability of human T-ALL cells to efficiently induce leukemia development in mice. These results suggest that tumor suppressor or oncogenic activity of NKX3.1 depends on tissue expression...
- Regulation of the human interleukin-5 promoter by Ets transcription factors. Ets1 and Ets2, but not Elf-1, cooperate with GATA3 and HTLV-I Tax1S G Blumenthal
Institut fur Zellbiologie, Abteilung Molekularbiologie, Universitat Tubingen, Auf der Morgenstelle 15, 72076 Tubingen, Germany
J Biol Chem 274:12910-6. 1999..cells, Ets1 and Ets2 failed to stimulate IL-5 promoter activity, unless the T-cell specific transcription factor GATA3 was added. These results show, for the first time, that Ets1 and Ets2 are able to cooperate with GATA3...
- Direct interaction of hematopoietic transcription factors PU.1 and GATA-1: functional antagonism in erythroid cellsN Rekhtman
Department of Cell Biology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
Genes Dev 13:1398-411. 1999..1. Our results indicate that the stoichiometry of directly interacting but opposing transcription factors may be a crucial determinant governing processes of normal differentiation and malignant transformation...
- Oral administration of K-11706 inhibits GATA binding activity, enhances hypoxia-inducible factor 1 binding activity, and restores indicators in an in vivo mouse model of anemia of chronic diseaseYoko Nakano
Division of Hematology, Institute of Clinical Medicine, Center for Tsukuba Advanced Research Alliance, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8575, Japan
Blood 104:4300-7. 2004..These results raise the possibility of using orally administered K-11706 for treating patients with ACD...
- Regulation of Th2 cell development by Polycomb group gene bmi-1 through the stabilization of GATA3Hiroyuki Hosokawa
Department of Immunology, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, 1 8 1 Inohana, Chuo Ku, Chiba 260 8670, Japan
J Immunol 177:7656-64. 2006..Biochemical studies indicate that Bmi-1 interacts with GATA3 in T cells, which is dependent on the Ring finger of Bmi-1...
- Human GATA-3: a lineage-restricted transcription factor that regulates the expression of the T cell receptor alpha geneI C Ho
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor 48109
EMBO J 10:1187-92. 1991..Taken together these results demonstrate that hGATA-3 is a novel lineage-specific hematopoietic transcription factor that appears to play an important role in regulating the T cell-specific expression of the TCR alpha gene...
- TAL1 and LIM-only proteins synergistically induce retinaldehyde dehydrogenase 2 expression in T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia by acting as cofactors for GATA3Y Ono
Shionogi Institute for Medical Science, Settsu shi, Osaka 566 0022, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 18:6939-50. 1998..in the second intron was essential and sufficient for the TAL1- and LMO-dependent transcriptional activation, and GATA3 binds to this site...
- GATA3 haplo-insufficiency causes human HDR syndromeH Van Esch
Laboratory for Molecular Oncology, Centre for Human Genetics, University of Leuven and Flanders Interuniversity Institute for Biotechnology, Belgium
Nature 406:419-22. 2000..deletion-mapping studies in two HDR patients, and here we define a critical 200-kilobase region which contains the GATA3 gene...
- Cutting edge: Identification of an alternative GATA-3 promoter directing tissue-specific gene expression in mouse and humanHelene Asnagli
Department of Pathology and Immunology, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
J Immunol 168:4268-71. 2002..These results indicate that similar to other GATA factors, the GATA-3 gene can be controlled by two promoters that may direct lineage- and tissue-specific expression...
- Characterization of GATA3 mutations in the hypoparathyroidism, deafness, and renal dysplasia (HDR) syndromeM Andrew Nesbit
Nuffield Department of Medicine, University of Oxford, Oxford Centre for Diabetes, Endocrinology and Metabolism, Churchill Hospital, Oxford OX3 7LJ, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 279:22624-34. 2004..HDR) syndrome is an autosomal dominant disorder caused by mutations of the dual zinc finger transcription factor, GATA3. The C-terminal zinc finger (ZnF2) binds DNA, whereas the N-terminal finger (ZnF1) stabilizes this DNA binding and ..
- Mutation of GATA3 in human breast tumorsJerry Usary
Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Oncogene 23:7669-78. 2004b>GATA3 is an essential transcription factor that was first identified as a regulator of immune cell function...
- Ras-ERK MAPK cascade regulates GATA3 stability and Th2 differentiation through ubiquitin-proteasome pathwayMasakatsu Yamashita
Department of Immunology, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, Japan
J Biol Chem 280:29409-19. 2005Differentiation of naive CD4 T cells into Th2 cells requires protein expression of GATA3. Interleukin-4 induces STAT6 activation and subsequent GATA3 transcription...
- Identification of GATA3 as a breast cancer prognostic marker by global gene expression meta-analysisRohit Mehra
Department of Pathology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, 48109, USA
Cancer Res 65:11259-64. 2005GATA binding protein 3 (GATA3) is a transcriptional activator highly expressed by the luminal epithelial cells in the breast...
- GATA3 protein as a MUC1 transcriptional regulator in breast cancer cellsMartin C Abba
Department of Carcinogenesis, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Science Park Research Division, Smithville, TX 78957, USA
Breast Cancer Res 8:R64. 2006..The zinc-finger GATA3 transcription factor has been reported to be involved in the growth control and differentiation of breast ..
- Functional characterization of GATA3 mutations causing the hypoparathyroidism-deafness-renal (HDR) dysplasia syndrome: insight into mechanisms of DNA binding by the GATA3 transcription factorAsif Ali
Academic Endocrine Unit, Nuffield Department of Clinical Medicine, Oxford Centre for Diabetes, Endocrinology and Metabolism, University of Oxford, Churchill Hospital, Headington, Oxford OX3 7LJ, UK
Hum Mol Genet 16:265-75. 2007..syndrome is an autosomal dominant disorder caused by mutations of the dual zinc finger transcription factor, GATA3. We investigated 21 HDR probands and 14 patients with isolated hypoparathyroidism for GATA3 abnormalities...
- Positive cross-regulatory loop ties GATA-3 to estrogen receptor alpha expression in breast cancerJerome Eeckhoute
Division of Molecular and Cellular Oncology, Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cancer Res 67:6477-83. 2007..Moreover, they identify GATA-3 as a critical component of the master cell-type-specific transcriptional network including ER alpha and FoxA1 that dictates the phenotype of hormone-dependent breast cancer...
- Direct regulation of Gata3 expression determines the T helper differentiation potential of NotchDerk Amsen
Department of Immunobiology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Immunity 27:89-99. 2007..GATA-3 was necessary for Notch-induced Th2 differentiation, and we identified an upstream Gata3 promoter as a direct target for Notch signaling...
- Common genetic variation in GATA-binding protein 3 and differential susceptibility to breast cancer by estrogen receptor alpha tumor statusMontserrat Garcia-Closas
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, NIH, 6120 Executive Boulevard, Room 7076, MSC 7234, Rockville, MD 20852 7234, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 16:2269-75. 2007GATA-binding protein 3 (GATA3) is a transcription factor and a putative tumor suppressor that is highly expressed in normal breast luminal epithelium and estrogen receptor alpha (ER)-positive breast tumors...
- Cyclic regulation of T-Bet and GATA-3 in human endometriumDanielle Inman
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Reprod Sci 15:83-90. 2008..T-Bet and GATA-3 are both upregulated during the late secretory phase and in the same cell types. The expression patterns of T-Bet and GATA-3 oppose PR, suggesting antagonistic function and/or regulation between PR and T-Bet/GATA-3...
- GATA-3 expression in breast cancer has a strong association with estrogen receptor but lacks independent prognostic valueDavid Voduc
Genetic Pathology Evaluation Centre, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada V5Z 4E6
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 17:365-73. 2008..GATA-3 levels were also found to be an independent prognostic marker, with low expression predicting for breast cancer recurrence...
- Meta-analysis of human cancer microarrays reveals GATA3 is integral to the estrogen receptor alpha pathwayBrian J Wilson
Molecular Oncology Group, Room H5 45, McGill University Health Centre, 687 Pine Avenue West, Montreal, Quebec, H3A 1A1, Canada
Mol Cancer 7:49. 2008The transcription factor GATA3 has recently been shown to be necessary for mammary gland morphogenesis and luminal cell differentiation...
- GATA-3 as a marker of hormone response in breast cancerSandy H Fang
Department of Surgery, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
J Surg Res 157:290-5. 2009..Here, we review the literature from the past 10 y on GATA-3 in normal and pathological states of the mammary gland. Conclusions from the literature are confirmed using meta-analyses performed by the Oncomine Research Platform...
- The significance of GATA3 expression in breast cancer: a 10-year follow-up studyVincenzo Ciocca
Department of Pathology, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Hum Pathol 40:489-95. 2009b>GATA3 is a transcription factor closely associated with estrogen receptor alpha in breast carcinoma, with a potential prognostic utility...
- Expression of the urothelial differentiation markers GATA3 and placental S100 (S100P) in female genital tract transitional cell proliferationsGhada E Esheba
Department of Pathology, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 33:347-53. 2009..female genital tract transitional proliferations and bladder urothelium, we evaluated the expression of S100P and GATA3, 2 proteins that we previously found to be strongly expressed in bladder urothelial tumors, in 25 benign ovarian ..
- Abundant expression of Kallikrein 1 gene in human keratinocytes was mediated by GATA3Do Ngoc Son
Department of Hygiene, Kanazawa University School of Medicine, Kanazawa, Japan
Gene 436:121-7. 2009..and DNA footprinting confirmed the binding of NHEK nuclear protein to these motifs that were supershifted by anti-GATA3 antibody. Among GATA isoforms, GATA3 alone could be amplified in RNA obtained from NHEK...
- FOXA1 in breast cancerHarikrishna Nakshatri
Departments of Surgery, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Expert Rev Mol Med 11:e8. 2009..The transcription factor network composed of the oestrogen (estrogen) receptor alpha (ERalpha), FOXA1 and GATA3 may control the gene expression pattern in luminal subtype A breast cancers...
- GATA3 inhibits breast cancer growth and pulmonary breast cancer metastasisA B Dydensborg
Biochemistry Department, Goodman Cancer Centre, McGill University, Quebec, Canada
Oncogene 28:2634-42. 2009The loss of expression of the transcription factor GATA3 in breast tumors has been linked to aggressive tumor development and poor patient survival...
- GATA3 in development and cancer differentiation: cells GATA have it!Jonathan Chou
Department of Anatomy, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143 0452, USA
J Cell Physiol 222:42-9. 2010..The transcription factor GATA3 has emerged recently as a strong predictor of clinical outcome in human luminal breast cancer...
- GATA3 inhibits breast cancer metastasis through the reversal of epithelial-mesenchymal transitionWei Yan
Pioneer Valley Life Sciences Institute, University of Massachusetts, Springfield, Massachusetts 01107, USA
J Biol Chem 285:14042-51. 2010b>GATA3, a transcription factor that regulates T lymphocyte differentiation and maturation, is exclusively expressed in early stage well differentiated breast cancers but not in advanced invasive cancers...
- A genome-wide association study of Hodgkin's lymphoma identifies new susceptibility loci at 2p16.1 (REL), 8q24.21 and 10p14 (GATA3)Victor Enciso-Mora
Section of Cancer Genetics, Institute of Cancer Research, Sutton, UK
Nat Genet 42:1126-30. 2010..91 × 10(-8)), 8q24.21 (rs2019960, PVT1, OR = 1.33, combined P = 1.26 × 10(-13)) and 10p14 (rs501764, GATA3, OR = 1.25, combined P = 7.05 × 10(-8))...
- Predominance of intraglomerular T-bet or GATA3 may determine mechanism of transplant rejectionQiquan Sun
Research Institute of Nephrology, Jinling Hospital, 305 East Zhong Shan Road, Nanjing 210002, China
J Am Soc Nephrol 22:246-52. 2011The transcription factors T-bet and GATA3 determine the differentiation of helper T cells into Th1 or Th2 cells, respectively...
- Plasmacytoid urothelial carcinoma of the urinary bladder: clinicopathologic, immunohistochemical, ultrastructural, and molecular analysis of a case seriesMaria Rosaria Raspollini
Division of Histology and Molecular Diagnostics, University Hospital Careggi, Viale G B Morgagni, Florence, Italy 50134
Hum Pathol 42:1149-58. 2011..Plasmacytoid carcinoma of the bladder is a tumor entity, which can be characterized by specific immunohistochemical markers, including positivity for GATA-3, and presents phenotypic and genotypic peculiarities...
- Cellular reprogramming by the conjoint action of ERα, FOXA1, and GATA3 to a ligand-inducible growth stateSay Li Kong
Cancer Biology and Pharmacology 2, Genome Institute of Singapore, Singapore
Mol Syst Biol 7:526. 2011..We mapped the binding profiles of ERα and its interacting transcription factors (TFs), FOXA1 and GATA3 in MCF-7 breast carcinoma cells, and observed that these three TFs form a functional enhanceosome that regulates ..
- GATA3 inhibits lysyl oxidase-mediated metastases of human basal triple-negative breast cancer cellsI M Chu
Laboratory of Cancer Biology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD, USA
Oncogene 31:2017-27. 2012..Previous studies have demonstrated that expression of GATA3, the master transcriptional regulator of mammary luminal differentiation, can reduce the tumorigenicity and ..
- GATA binding protein 3 is down-regulated in bladder cancer yet strong expression is an independent predictor of poor prognosis in invasive tumorHiroshi Miyamoto
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Hum Pathol 43:2033-40. 2012..Loss of GATA binding protein 3 was associated with high-grade and/or muscle-invasive tumors, whereas strong expression was an independent predictor of poor prognosis...
- Immunohistochemical evaluation of GATA3 expression in tumors and normal tissues: a useful immunomarker for breast and urothelial carcinomasHaiyan Liu
Department of Laboratory Medicine, MC 01 31, Geisinger Medical Center, 100 N Academy Ave, Danville, PA 17822, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 138:57-64. 2012b>GATA3 expression has been reported in urothelial and breast carcinomas; however, the published data on GATA3 expression in tumors from other organs are limited...
- GATA3 acts upstream of FOXA1 in mediating ESR1 binding by shaping enhancer accessibilityVasiliki Theodorou
Nuclear Receptor Transcription Lab, Cancer Research UK, Cambridge Research Institute, Li Ka Shing Centre, Cambridge CB2 0RE, United Kingdom
Genome Res 23:12-22. 2013..b>GATA3 is an ESR1-cooperating transcription factor mutated in breast tumors; however, its genomic properties are not ..
- GATA3 suppresses metastasis and modulates the tumour microenvironment by regulating microRNA-29b expressionJonathan Chou
Department of Anatomy, University of California, San Francisco, 94143 0452, USA
Nat Cell Biol 15:201-13. 2013Despite advances in our understanding of breast cancer, patients with metastatic disease have poor prognoses. GATA3 is a transcription factor that specifies and maintains mammary luminal epithelial cell fate, and its expression is lost ..
- GATA3 expression in breast carcinoma: utility in triple-negative, sarcomatoid, and metastatic carcinomasAshley Cimino-Mathews
Department of Pathology, The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
Hum Pathol 44:1341-9. 2013b>GATA3 plays an integral role in breast luminal cell differentiation and is implicated in breast cancer progression. GATA3 immunohistochemistry is a useful marker of breast cancer; however, its use in specific subtypes is unclear...
- Gata3 antagonizes cancer progression in Pten-deficient prostatesAlana H T Nguyen
Goodman Cancer Research Centre and Department of Biochemistry, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3A 1A3
Hum Mol Genet 22:2400-10. 2013..Here, we show that the transcription factor Gata3 is progressively lost in Pten-deficient mouse prostate tumors as a result of both transcriptional down-regulation ..
- GATA3 transcription factor abrogates Smad4 transcription factor-mediated fascin overexpression, invadopodium formation, and breast cancer cell invasionJianwei Sun
From the Department of Tumor Biology
J Biol Chem 288:36971-82. 2013..We identified GATA3, a transcription factor crucial for mammary gland morphogenesis and luminal differentiation, as a negative ..
- The human enhancer-binding protein Gata3 binds to several T-cell receptor regulatory elementsJ Marine
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California Berkeley 94720
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 88:7284-8. 1991..find a common TCR regulatory element, we have studied the ability of the newly described enhancer-binding protein Gata3 to bind to the sequence motif (A/T)GATA(G/A) shared between enhancer elements of all four TCR genes...
- Murine and human T-lymphocyte GATA-3 factors mediate transcription through a cis-regulatory element within the human T-cell receptor delta gene enhancerL J Ko
Department of Biochemistry, Molecular Biology and Cell Biology, Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois 60208 3500
Mol Cell Biol 11:2778-84. 1991..We infer that the murine and human GATA-3 proteins play a central and highly conserved role in vertebrate T-cell-specific transcriptional regulation...
- Interaction between hex and GATA transcription factors in vascular endothelial cells inhibits flk-1/KDR-mediated vascular endothelial growth factor signalingTakashi Minami
Research Center for Advanced Science and Technology, University of Tokyo, 4 6 1 Komaba, Meguro, Tokyo 153 8904, Japan
J Biol Chem 279:20626-35. 2004....
- Expression of the T-cell transcription factors, GATA-3 and T-bet, in the neoplastic cells of Hodgkin lymphomasCigdem Atayar
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Groningen University Medical Center, Hanzeplein 1, P O Box 30 001 9700 RB Groningen, The Netherlands
Am J Pathol 166:127-34. 2005..Overall, the T-cell TF and cytokine profiles of the HL cell lines showed a considerable degree of consistency. The expression of T-cell TFs may explain the production of various cytokines by HL cell lines and HRS cells...
- Gata-3 and mammary cell fateMatthew J Naylor
Cancer Research Program, Garvan Institute of Medical Research, Victoria Street, Darlinghurst, NSW 2010 Australia
Breast Cancer Res 9:302. 2007..These reports offer an understanding of how mammary cells assume and maintain a variety of cell behaviours and functions, and how a mammary cell may potentially subvert these constraints during carcinogenesis...
- Polymorphisms in the interleukin 13 and GATA binding protein 3 genes and the development of eczema during childhoodS H Arshad
The David Hide Asthma and Allergy Research Centre, St Mary s Hospital, Newport, Isle of Wight and IIR Research Division, University of Southampton, Southampton, UK
Br J Dermatol 158:1315-22. 2008..Atopic eczema is characterized by Th2-dominant immunity with the cytokine interleukin 13 and the transcription factor GATA binding protein 3 playing a critical role...
- Sequence and expression analysis of two T helper master transcription factors, T-bet and GATA3, in rainbow trout Oncorhynchus mykiss and analysis of their expression during bacterial and parasitic infectionTiehui Wang
Scottish Fish Immunology Research Centre, Institute of Biological and Environmental Sciences, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen AB24 2TZ, UK
Fish Shellfish Immunol 29:705-15. 2010..of naïve CD4+ T cells to T helper (Th)1 or Th2 cells is specified by two master transcription factors, T-bet and GATA3, and is an essential feature of mammalian adaptive immune responses to pathogens and the development of long-..
- Distribution and expression analysis of transcription factors in tissues and progenitor cell populations of the goldfish (Carassius auratus L.) in response to growth factors and pathogensBarbara A Katzenback
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Mol Immunol 48:1224-35. 2011..The mRNA levels of cebpα, cjun, cmyb, egr1, gata1, gata2, gata3, lmo2, mafb, pax5, pu...
- Purification and characterization of a membrane-bound enzyme complex from the sulfate-reducing archaeon Archaeoglobus fulgidus related to heterodisulfide reductase from methanogenic archaeaGerd J Mander
Max Planck Institut fur terrestrische Mikrobiologie, Marburg, Germany
Eur J Biochem 269:1895-904. 2002Heterodisulfide reductase (Hdr) is a unique disulfide reductase that plays a key role in the energy metabolism of methanogenic archaea...
- Acute genitourinary toxicity after high dose rate (HDR) brachytherapy combined with hypofractionated external-beam radiation therapy for localized prostate cancer: Second analysis to determine the correlation between the urethral dose in HDR brachytherapyTetsuo Akimoto
Department of Radiation Oncology, Gunma University Graduate School of Medicine, 3 39 22 Showa machi, Maebashi, Gunma 371 8511, Japan
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 63:472-8. 2005We have been treating localized prostate cancer with high-dose-rate (HDR) brachytherapy combined with hypofractionated external beam radiation therapy (EBRT) at our institution...
- Acute genitourinary toxicity after high-dose-rate (HDR) brachytherapy combined with hypofractionated external-beam radiation therapy for localized prostate cancer: correlation between the urethral dose in HDR brachytherapy and the severity of acute genitoTetsuo Akimoto
Department of Radiation Oncology, Gunma University Graduate School of Medicine, 3 39 22 Showa machi, Maebashi, Gunma 371 8511, Japan
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 63:463-71. 2005..that the alpha/beta ratio for prostate cancer is atypically low, and that hypofractionation or high-dose-rate (HDR) brachytherapy regimens using appropriate radiation doses may be expected to yield tumor control and late sequelae ..
- High-dose interstitial brachytherapy for glioblastoma multiformeE Micheletti
Radiotherapy Department, University-Hospital of Brescia, Italy
Tumori 80:44-9. 1994..This severe prognosis led us to elaborate a high-dose rate (HDR), after-remote-loading brachytherapy treatment protocol: our aim was both therapeutic and psychologic...
- High-dose-rate brachytherapy for poor-prognosis, high-grade glioma: (phase II) preliminary resultsE Micheletti
Radiotherapy Department, University Hospital of Brescia, Italy
Tumori 82:339-44. 1996..of this study was to investigate the palliative effectiveness of an interstitial fractionated high-dose-rate (HDR) brachytherapy regimen in patients with poor-prognosis, high-grade glioma...
- Biologically effective doses in medium dose rate brachytherapy of cancer of the cervixF Leborgne
Department of Radiation Oncology, Hospital Italiano, Montevideo, Uruguay
Radiat Oncol Investig 5:289-99. 1997..of dose reduction on changing from low dose rate (LDR) brachytherapy to medium dose rate (MDR) or high dose rate (HDR) afterloading has been the subject of much debate...
- High versus low dose rate intracavitary irradiation for adenocarcinoma of the uterine cervixW C Kim
Department of Radiation Oncology, Inha University, College of Medicine, Inchon, Korea
Jpn J Clin Oncol 31:432-7. 2001..The purpose of this work was to evaluate the effects of high dose rate (HDR) brachytherapy on patients with adenocarcinoma of the uterine cervix and to compare them with the effects of LDR ..
- Local vaginal anesthesia during high-dose-rate intracavitary brachytherapy for cervical cancerH C Chen
Department of Radiation Oncology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital Kaohsiung, Chang Gung University, Taoyuan, Taiwan, Republic of China
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 42:541-4. 1998To evaluate the clinical efficacy of local vaginal lidocaine application for pain relief during high-dose-rate (HDR) intracavitary brachytherapy for patients with cervical cancer, and to investigate sequential changes in serum levels of ..
- Treatment of keloids by high-dose-rate brachytherapy: A seven-year studyB Guix
Departamento de Oncología Radioterápica, Fundació Institut Mèdic d Onco Radioteràpia IMOR, Universitat de Barcelona, C Escoles Pies 81, 08017 Barcelona, Spain
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 50:167-72. 2001To analyze the results obtained in a prospective group of patients with keloid scars treated by high-dose-rate (HDR) brachytherapy with or without surgery.
- Clinical implications of incomplete repair parameters for rat spinal cord: the feasibility of large doses per fraction in PDR and HDR brachytherapyL A Pop
Institute of Radiotherapy, University of Nijmegen, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 51:215-26. 2001..in rat spinal cord and to test the feasibility of large doses per fraction or pulses in daytime high-dose-rate (HDR) or pulsed-dose-rate (PDR) brachytherapy treatment schedules as an alternative to continuous low-dose-rate (CLDR) ..
- Clinically evident fat necrosis in women treated with high-dose-rate brachytherapy alone for early-stage breast cancerD E Wazer
Department of Radiation Oncology, New England Medical Center, Tufts University School of Medicine, No 359 750 Washington Street, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 50:107-11. 2001..the incidence of and variables associated with clinically evident fat necrosis in women treated on a protocol of high-dose-rate (HDR) brachytherapy alone without external-beam whole-breast irradiation for early-stage breast carcinoma.
- Diverticulectomy is inadequate treatment for short Meckel's diverticulum with heterotopic mucosaRamon L Varcoe
Department of Surgery, Prince of Wales Hospital, Randwick, New South Wales, Australia
ANZ J Surg 74:869-72. 2004..The present paper addresses the question of whether the choice of resection technique should depend on the macroscopic appearance of the Meckel's diverticulum...
- Genome-wide analysis reveals unique regulation of transcription of Th2-specific genes by GATA3Shu Horiuchi
Department of Immunology, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, Chiba 260 8670, Japan
J Immunol 186:6378-89. 2011..IL-4-mediated STAT6 activation induces high levels of transcription of GATA3, a master regulator of Th2 cell differentiation, and enforced expression of GATA3 induces Th2 cytokine expression...
- Bacterial community and biological nitrate removal: comparisons of autotrophic and heterotrophic reactors for denitrification with raw sewageHan Woong Lee
Hazardous Substance Research Center S and SW, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA 70803, USA
J Microbiol Biotechnol 18:1826-35. 2008An autotrophic denitrification reactor (ADR-1) and a heterotrophic denitrification reactor (HDR-2) were operated to remove nitrate and nitrite in an anoxic environment in raw sewage...
- Prognostic factors in patients with carcinoma of the uterine cervix treated with external beam irradiation and IR-192 high-dose-rate brachytherapyK S Kapp
Department of Radiology, Karl Franzens University Medical School, Graz, Austria
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 42:531-40. 1998..However, despite the increasing use of high-dose-rate (HDR) intracavitary placements (ICP), few studies with adequate follow-up have analyzed prognostic factors...
- Phase II prospective study of the use of conformal high-dose-rate brachytherapy as monotherapy for the treatment of favorable stage prostate cancer: a feasibility reportA A Martinez
Department of Radiation Oncology, William Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, MI 48073, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 49:61-9. 2001To evaluate the technical feasibility and tolerance of image-guided transperineal conformal high-dose-rate (C-HDR) brachytherapy as the sole treatment modality for favorable, localized cancer of the prostate, and to analyze possible ..
- Cyclin D1 is a direct transcriptional target of GATA3 in neuroblastoma tumor cellsJ J Molenaar
Department of Human Genetics, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Oncogene 29:2739-45. 2010..b>GATA3 most consistently correlated to Cyclin D1 in four independent data sets...
- High-dose versus low-dose rate brachytherapy in definitive radiotherapy of cervical cancerH Kucera
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, University of Vienna, Austria
Wien Klin Wochenschr 113:58-62. 2001..compare the clinical outcome in cervical cancer patients treated by external irradiation and intracavitary high-dose rate (HDR) brachytherapy with iridium 192 versus low-dose rate (LDR) brachytherapy with radium 226 or caesium 139.
- High-dose-rate brachytherapy in the treatment of uterine cervix cancer. Analysis of dose effectiveness and late complicationsR Ferrigno
Department of Radiation Oncology, Hospital do Cancer A C Camargo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 50:1123-35. 2001This retrospective analysis aims to report results of patients with cervix cancer treated by external beam radiotherapy (EBR) and high-dose-rate (HDR) brachytherapy.
- Unique role of proximal rectal dose in late rectal complications for patients with cervical cancer undergoing high-dose-rate intracavitary brachytherapyJason Chia Hsien Cheng
Department of Radiation Oncology, Koo Foundation Sun Yat Sen Cancer Center, Taipei, Taiwan
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 57:1010-8. 2003..Units and Measurements (ICRU) rectal point, with late rectal complications in patients treated with external beam radiotherapy (EBRT) and high-dose-rate (HDR) intracavitary brachytherapy (ICRT) for carcinoma of the uterine cervix.
- Intravaginal brachytherapy alone for intermediate-risk endometrial cancerKaled M Alektiar
Department of Radiation Oncology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 62:111-7. 2005..GOG#99 a useful tool to predict pelvic recurrence specifically? The purpose of this study was to try to answer these questions in a group of patients with Stage IB-IIB endometrial carcinoma treated with high-dose-rate (HDR) IVRT alone.
- Comparison of low and high dose rate brachytherapy in the treatment of uterine cervix cancer. Retrospective analysis of two sequential seriesRobson Ferrigno
Department of Radiation Oncology, Hospital Mário Gatti, Campinas, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 62:1108-16. 2005This retrospective analysis aims to report on the comparative outcome of cervical cancer patients treated with low dose rate (LDR) and high dose rate (HDR) brachytherapy.
- Characterization of estrus detection, conception and pregnancy risk of Holstein cattle from the central area of ChileP Melendez
College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Santo Tomas, Av Limonares 190, Vina del Mar, Chile
Theriogenology 70:631-7. 2008The objectives were to characterize the estrus detection risk (HDR), conception risk (CR), and pregnancy rate (PR) of postpartum (pp) Holstein cattle from the central area of Chile...
- Prospective randomized trial of HDR brachytherapy as a sole modality in palliation of advanced esophageal carcinoma--an International Atomic Energy Agency studyRanjan K Sur
University of the Witwatersrand, Box 4280, Cresta 2118, Johannesburg, South Africa
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 53:127-33. 2002Previous studies from South Africa have established that fractionated high-dose-rate (HDR) brachytherapy gives the best results in terms of palliation and survival in advanced esophageal cancer...
- Evaluation of under- and overreporting of energy intake in the 24-hour diet recalls in the European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition (EPIC)P Ferrari
Unit of Nutrition and Cancer, International Agency for Research on Cancer, 150 cours Albert Thomas, 69372 Lyon Cedex 08, France
Public Health Nutr 5:1329-45. 2002To evaluate under- and overreporting and their determinants in the EPIC 24-hour diet recall (24-HDR) measurements collected in the European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition (EPIC).
- Accelerated partial breast irradiation: an analysis of variables associated with late toxicity and long-term cosmetic outcome after high-dose-rate interstitial brachytherapyDavid E Wazer
Department of Radiation Oncology, Tufts New England Medical Center, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02111, and Department of Radiation Oncology, Rhode Island Hospital, Providence, RI, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 64:489-95. 2006To perform a detailed analysis of variables associated with late tissue effects of high-dose-rate (HDR) interstitial brachytherapy accelerated partial breast irradiation (APBI) in a large cohort of patients with prolonged follow-up.
- Study of encapsulated 170Tm sources for their potential use in brachytherapyFacundo Ballester
Department of Atomic, Molecular and Nuclear Physics, University of Valencia, E 46100 Burjassot, Spain
Med Phys 37:1629-37. 2010High dose-rate (HDR) brachytherapy is currently performed with 192Ir sources, and 60Co has returned recently into clinical use as a source for this kind of cancer treatment...
- GATA3 abnormalities in six patients with HDR syndromeMaki Fukami
Department of Molecular Endocrinology, National Research Institute for Child Health and Development, Tokyo, Japan
Endocr J 58:117-21. 2011b>GATA3 mutations cause HDR (hypoparathyroidism, sensorineural deafness, and renal dysplasia) syndrome and, consistent with the presence of the second DiGeorge syndrome locus (DGS2) proximal to GATA3, distal 10p deletions often leads to ..
- [Postoperative radiotherapy in endometrial carcinoma. A retrospective analysis of 541 cases]G Hänsgen
Klinik und Poliklinik für Strahlentherapie, Martin Luther Universitat Halle Wittenberg
Strahlenther Onkol 175:548-53. 1999..This retrospective study was designed to evaluate the role of adjuvant radiotherapy for surgically treated endometrial carcinoma...
- Preliminary results of a phase I/II study of HDR brachytherapy alone for T1/T2 breast cancerDavid E Wazer
Department of Radiation Oncology, New England Medical Center, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 53:889-97. 2002To investigate the feasibility, toxicity, cosmetic outcome, and local control of high-dose-rate (HDR) brachytherapy alone without whole breast external beam irradiation for early-stage breast carcinoma.
- Effect of baroreflex loading on the responsiveness of the vestibulosympathetic reflex in humansDamian J Dyckman
Heart and Vascular Institute H047, Penn State College of Medicine, 500 University Dr, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
J Appl Physiol 103:1001-6. 2007Activation of the vestibular otolith organs with head-down rotation (HDR) increases muscle sympathetic nerve activity (MSNA) in humans...
- 10p12.1 deletion: HDR phenotype without DGS2 featuresElisa Benetti
Pediatric Nephrology, Dialysis and Transplantation Unit, Department of Pediatrics, University of Padua, Via Giustiniani, 3, 35128 Padua, Italy
Exp Mol Pathol 86:74-6. 2009b>GATA3 gene encodes a transcription factor expressed during thymus, liver, kidney, adrenal gland, central and peripheral nervous systems, placenta and T lymphocytes embryonic development...
- Characteristics of hearing loss in HDR (hypoparathyroidism, sensorineural deafness, renal dysplasia) syndromeMarjolein A J van Looij
Department of ENT, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Audiol Neurootol 11:373-9. 2006Haploinsufficiency of the zinc finger transcription factor GATA3 causes the triad of hypoparathyroidism, deafness and renal dysplasia, known by its acronym HDR syndrome...
- Dose optimization of fractionated external radiation and high-dose-rate intracavitary brachytherapy for FIGO stage IB uterine cervical carcinomaSang Wook Lee
Department of Radiation Oncology, Asan Medical Center, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Songpa Gyu, Seoul, Korea
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 52:1338-44. 2002To determine the optimal dose combination scheme of external beam radiotherapy (EBRT) and high-dose-rate (HDR) intracavitary radiation (ICR) for maximizing tumor control while conferring an acceptable late complication rate in the ..
- Two distinct heterodisulfide reductase-like enzymes in the sulfate-reducing archaeon Archaeoglobus profundusGerd J Mander
Max Planck Institut for Terrestrial Microbiology, Marburg, Germany
Eur J Biochem 271:1106-16. 2004Heterodisulfide reductase (Hdr) is a unique disulfide reductase that plays a key role in the energy metabolism of methanogenic archaea. Two types of Hdr have been identified and characterized from distantly related methanogens...
- Accelerated partial breast irradiation with iridium-192 multicatheter PDR/HDR brachytherapy. Preliminary results of the German-Austrian multicenter trialOliver J Ott
Department of Radiation Oncology, University Hospital Erlangen, Erlangen, Germany
Strahlenther Onkol 180:642-9. 2004..To evaluate perioperative morbidity, toxicity, and cosmetic outcome in patients treated with interstitial brachytherapy to the tumor bed as the sole irradiation modality after breast-conserving surgery...
- High-dose-rate brachytherapy in uterine cervical carcinomaFiruza D Patel
Department of Radiotherapy, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, India
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 62:125-30. 2005High-dose-rate (HDR) brachytherapy is in wide use for curative treatment of cervical cancer. The American Brachytherapy Society has recommended that the individual fraction size be <7...
- Genitourinary toxicity after high-dose-rate (HDR) brachytherapy combined with Hypofractionated External beam radiotherapy for localized prostate cancer: an analysis to determine the correlation between dose-volume histogram parameters in HDR brachytherapyHiromichi Ishiyama
Department of Radiology, Kitasato University School of Medicine, Kitasato, Sagamihara, Kanagawa, Japan
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 75:23-8. 2009To evaluate the severity of genitourinary (GU) toxicity in high-dose-rate (HDR) brachytherapy combined with hypofractionated external beam radiotherapy (EBRT) for prostate cancer and to explore factors that might affect the severity of ..
- Abnormal GERD parameters on ambulatory pH monitoring predict therapeutic success in noncardiac chest painVladimir M Kushnir
Division of Gastroenterology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 105:1032-8. 2010....
- Normal tissue dosimetric comparison between HDR prostate implant boost and conformal external beam radiotherapy boost: potential for dose escalationI C Hsu
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 0226, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 46:851-8. 2000To compare the dose and volume of bladder and rectum treated using high-dose-rate (HDR) prostate implant boost versus conformal external beam radiotherapy boost, and to use the dose-volume information to perform a critical volume ..
- High dose rate brachytherapy for early stage oral tongue cancerTo Wai Leung
Department of Clinical Oncology, Tuen Mun Hospital, Hong Kong, China
Head Neck 24:274-81. 2002High dose rate (HDR) interstitial brachytherapy of the oral tongue is a new treatment modality. Our study evaluates the outcomes of patients with early stage oral tongue cancer as treated by HDR interstitial implant.
- Combination external beam radiotherapy and high-dose-rate intracavitary brachytherapy for uterine cervical cancer: analysis of dose and fractionation scheduleTakafumi Toita
Department of Radiology, University of the Ryukyus School of Medicine, Okinawa, Japan
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 56:1344-53. 2003To determine an appropriate dose and fractionation schedule for a combination of external beam radiotherapy (EBRT) and high-dose-rate intracavitary brachytherapy (HDR-ICBT) for uterine cervical cancer.
- Clinical results of combined treatment conformal high-dose-rate iridium-192 brachytherapy and external beam radiotherapy using staging lymphadenectomy for localized prostate cancerJunichi Hiratsuka
Department of Radiation Oncology, Kawasaki Medical School, Matsushima, Kurashiki, Japan
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 59:684-90. 2004To report the first long-term biochemical control rate of patients treated with two protocols using a combination of external beam radiotherapy (EBRT) and high-dose-rate (HDR) brachytherapy for localized prostate cancer in Japan.
- Fat necrosis after partial-breast irradiation with brachytherapy or electron irradiation versus standard whole-breast radiotherapy--4-year results of a randomized trialKatalin Lövey
Department of Radiotherapy, National Institute of Oncology, Budapest, Hungary
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 69:724-31. 2007..relevance of fat necrosis after accelerated partial-breast irradiation (PBI) using interstitial high-dose-rate brachytherapy (HDR-BT) in comparison with partial-breast electron irradiation (ELE) and whole-breast irradiation (WBI).
- Comparison of organ doses for patients undergoing balloon brachytherapy of the breast with HDR 192Ir or electronic sources using monte carlo simulations in a heterogeneous human phantomMatthew M Mille
Nuclear Engineering and Engineering Physics Program, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, New York 12180, USA
Med Phys 37:662-71. 2010..The radiation can be delivered using a conventional high-dose rate (HDR) 192Ir gamma-emitting source or a novel electronic brachytherapy (eBx) source which uses lower energy x rays that ..
- Gata3-deficient mice develop parathyroid abnormalities due to dysregulation of the parathyroid-specific transcription factor Gcm2Irina V Grigorieva
Academic Endocrine Unit, Nuffield Department of Clinical Medicine, University of Oxford, Oxford Centre for Diabetes, Endocrinology and Metabolism OCDEM, Churchill Hospital, Headington, Oxford, United Kingdom
J Clin Invest 120:2144-55. 2010Heterozygous mutations of GATA3, which encodes a dual zinc-finger transcription factor, cause hypoparathyroidism with sensorineural deafness and renal dysplasia...
- Molecular analysis of the GATA3 gene in five Japanese patients with HDR syndromeAkie Nakamura
Department of Pediatrics, Hokkaido University School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
Endocr J 58:123-30. 2011b>GATA3 is a member of the GATA family of transcription factors. Heterozygous GATA3 abnormalities are associated with hypoparathyroidism, sensorineural deafness, and renal abnormality (HDR syndrome)...
- Gene expression analysis of Gata3-/- mice by using cDNA microarray technologyRannar Airik
Department of Developmental Biology, Institute of Zoology and Hydrobiology, University of Tartu, Vanemuise 46, 51014 Tartu, Estonia
Life Sci 76:2559-68. 2005Transcription factor Gata3 is implicated in the formation of autosomal dominant hypoparathyroidism, sensorineural deafness, and renal anomaly (HDR) syndrome...
- Mechanisms of DNA double strand break repair and chromosome aberration formationG Iliakis
Institute of Medical Radiation Biology, University of Duisburg Essen Medical School, Essen, Germany
Cytogenet Genome Res 104:14-20. 2004..agents can in principle be repaired either by non-homologous endjoining (NHEJ), or homology directed repair (HDR)...
- Determination of the reference air kerma rate for 192Ir brachytherapy sources and the related uncertaintyEduard van Dijk
Nederlands Meetinstituut bv, 2600 AR Delft, The Netherlands
Med Phys 31:2826-33. 2004..to determine the air kerma calibration factor of an ionization chamber for the spectrum of a 192Ir high-dose-rate (HDR) or pulsed-dose-rate (PDR) source...
- Interim report of image-guided conformal high-dose-rate brachytherapy for patients with unfavorable prostate cancer: the William Beaumont phase II dose-escalating trialA A Martinez
Department ofRadiation Oncology, William Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, MI 48073, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 47:343-52. 2000..Phase II dose-escalating trial of external beam radiation therapy (EBRT) integrated with conformal high-dose-rate (HDR) brachytherapy boosts...
- Conformal Heat and Brachytherapy Surface ApplicatorJAIME SCHLORFF; Fiscal Year: 2007..array (CMA) printed circuit board applicators with an improved patient interface that allows positioning of HDR radiation sources for simultaneous brachytherapy of superficial tissue disease...
- Conformal Heat and Brachytherapy Surface ApplicatorJAIME SCHLORFF; Fiscal Year: 2003..that a surface-conforming applicator can be constructed for effective combination of heat and High Dose Rate (HDR) brachytherapy of large area superficial disease over contoured anatomy...
- Deformable Image Registration and ReconstructionMartin J Murphy; Fiscal Year: 2011..aim 1, we will investigate contour-driven deformable registration methods for mapping high-dose brachytherapy (HDR) dose distributions in the pelvis to IMRT dose distributions, and for registering biological images to external ..
- Catheter-Based Ultrasound Hyperthermia System for 3D-Targeted Thermal TherapyChris Diederich; Fiscal Year: 2009..is to develop highly-controllable interstitial and endocavity ultrasound heating technology to be integrated with HDR brachytherapy as a means to significantly enhance treatment efficacy of combining hyperthermia with standard ..
- QUALITY RESEARCH IN RADIATION ONCOLOGY: ACR PCSJESSE WILSON; Fiscal Year: 2009..Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT) for prostate, lung, gastric, and breast cancer, and High Dose rate (HDR) brachytherapy for cervical and breast cancer, based on the best available evidence...
- MRI Guided and Tumor Targeted HDR Brachytherapy for Recurrent Prostate CancerCynthia Menard; Fiscal Year: 2009..involves the technical development and clinical evaluation of a novel technique for MRI-guided high-dose-rate (HDR) prostate brachytherapy in a 1.5T horizontal bore scanner using a dedicated interventional table...
- HDR Brachytherapy System Using Ytterbium-169John Munro; Fiscal Year: 2003..shielded treatment devices to improve dose conformity and collateral local shielding to permit the performance of HDR brachytherapy in minimally shielded treatment room...
- IMRT FOR GYNECOLOGICAL MALIGNANCIESDaniel Low; Fiscal Year: 2002..can provide highly conformal and accurately localized external beam therapy as an alternative to high-dose rate (HDR) brachytherapy treatments...
- EARLY DETECTION OF RADIATION-INDUCED PULMONARY TOXICITYSANDRA MC DONALD; Fiscal Year: 1993..Frequently, advanced non-small cell (NSC) lung cancer will produce endobronchial obstruction. High dose rate (HDR) brachytherapy combined with external beam irradiation has the advantage of providing improved localization so that ..
- Regulation of IL4 signal transduciton by poly (ADP-ribose) polymerase-1.Rahul Datta; Fiscal Year: 2011..of the various signal transduction components of IL-4 signal transduction pathway including JAK1, JAK3, STAT6, and GATA3. Western blotting will be used to examine levels of protein expression as well as phosphorylation...
- Lisa V Goodrich; Fiscal Year: 2016..The transcription factor GATA3 is produced in auditory but not vestibular neurons...
- Flexibility and Commitment in Post-Effector Cd4 LymphocytesMark R Boothby; Fiscal Year: 2013..transcriptional competence of the Th2 cytokine locus - is maintained in Ag-experienced cells by persistence of GATA3 protein after initial development, but this committed population regains a capacity to activate T-bet, the IFN-? ..
- Fliz1 regulation of GATA-3 in breast cancerJanice E Knepper; Fiscal Year: 2013..by binding to sequences within the first intron of the GATA-3 gene;however the potential for Fliz1 to regulate GATA3 in mammary cells is completely unknown...
- Soumen Paul; Fiscal Year: 2014..Interestingly, transcription factors, GATA2 and GATA3, have also been implicated in the transcriptional regulation of trophoblast cell-specific gene expression...
- Hong Yan; Fiscal Year: 2015..are repaired by two general types of pathways: non-homologous end joining (NHEJ) and homology-dependent repair (HDR). Proper choice of repair pathway is critical to genome stability...
- Yui Hsi Wang; Fiscal Year: 2014..a novel subset of human TH2 memory/effector cells featuring concurrent TH17 and TH2 cytokine production and GATA3 and ROR?t co-expression at a single cell level;termed IL-17-TH2 cells...
- Jonathan M Kurie; Fiscal Year: 2015..Jagged2 increases the expression of all six GATA transcription factor family members, and GATA3 promotes tumor cell EMT and metastasis by suppressing miR-200 levels...
- Role of Gata3 in pylorus developmentAjay Prakash; Fiscal Year: 2013..identified a number of genes expressed uniquely at the pylorus, including the transcription factors, Nkx2-5 and Gata3. Preliminary data indicate that Gata3 and Nkx2-5 are co-expressed in smooth muscle cells within a unique domain at ..
- Soumen Paul; Fiscal Year: 2014..mature to the blastocyst stage and lack expression of master regulators of trophoblast development, like CDX2, and GATA3. Interestingly, although TEAD4 specifically regulates TE/trophoblast-specific gene expression during early mouse ..
- SARAH RUTH GONZALES-VAN HORN; Fiscal Year: 2014..to treatment with Type I Interferon (IFN-?/?), resulting in decreased levels of secreted Th2 cytokines and GATA3 expression...
- JINESH SHAILESH GHEEYA; Fiscal Year: 2016..Cancer cells that are deficient in BRCA1 have significant homologous recombination mediated DNA repair (HDR) defect, genomic instability, and sensitivity to PARP inhibitors (PARPi) and cisplatin...
- Targeted genome modification in zebrafish using zinc finger nucleasesSharon L Amacher; Fiscal Year: 2012..Alternatively, DSBs can be repaired by homology directed repair (HDR), using either the homologous chromosome or an exogenously supplied donor containing significant homology...
- Lin Chen; Fiscal Year: 2014..Aim 1 is to determine the high-resolution structure of the NFAT1:GATA3 complex and use structure-guided mutations to analyze the binding mechanism between these two transcription ..
- JOHN D FARRAR; Fiscal Year: 2014..IL-4 drives Th2 development in CD4+ T cells through the induction of a key transcription factor GATA3. Unlike the innate cytokines IL-12 and IFN-3, we have recently demonstrated that type I interferon (IFN-1/2) ..
- Zhong Yun; Fiscal Year: 2014..repair factors, including the DNA mismatch repair (MMR) factors, MLH1 and MSH2, and the homology-dependent repair (HDR) factors, RAD51 and BRCA1...
- Molecular mechanism of ID1 function in advanced breast cancerMeiyun Fan; Fiscal Year: 2013..breast tumors, and BHLHB2-coexpressed genes significantly overlap with genes coexpressed with ESR1, FOXA1 and GATA3, the key transcription factors that specify the hormone-dependent phenotype of breast cancer...
- Peter M Glazer; Fiscal Year: 2016..level of the DNA mismatch repair (MMR) factors, MLH1 and MSH2, and of the homology- dependent repair (HDR) factors, RAD51 and BRCA1. The MMR and HDR pathways are critical for maintaining genomic integrity...
- GATA3 deregulation and T cell transformation in E2A-/- miceBARBARA LYNNE KEE; Fiscal Year: 2012DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): GATA3 is an essential transcription factor for T lymphopoiesis but elevated expression of GATA3 can derail T cell differentiation and promote transformation...
- DNA Repair in Cancer Biology and TherapyPeter M Glazer; Fiscal Year: 2012..the PI, will lead a project that focuses on the transcriptional regulation of the homology-dependent repair (HDR) genes, RAD51 and BRCA1, in hypoxic cancer cells...
- DISSECTING THE EAR NEUROSENSORY DEVELOPMENT.Bernd Fritzsch; Fiscal Year: 2010..AIM 1 will specify the role of FgflO, Gata3 and Foxgl in neurosensory development of the ear...
- Ryan A Wilcox; Fiscal Year: 2016..Namely, transcriptional programs that determine cell lineage and differentiation in malignant cells may regulate stromal cells within the tumor microenvironment that are required for tumor growth. ..
- Shridar Ganesan; Fiscal Year: 2016DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Cancer cells lacking functional BRCA1 have a profound defect in HDR that leads to genomic instability and renders them exquisitely sensitive to PARP inhibitors (PARPi) and interstrand crosslinkers (..
- YISONG WAN; Fiscal Year: 2016..Recently, we found that Gata3 is preferentially expressed by Foxp3+ Treg cells, and that GATA3 expression in Treg cells can be modulated by ..
- Diversification and Function of Spinal V2b-Derived NeuronsMartyn D Goulding; Fiscal Year: 2010..In addition we will test our hypothesis that Gata2 and Gata3 control the differentiation of CFS-contacting neurons...
- BZIP PROTEINS AND LYMPHOCYTE GENE INDUCTIONAnjana Rao; Fiscal Year: 2012..of NFAT with FOXP3 promotes the suppressive function of regulatory T cells (Tregs), and cooperation of NFAT with GATA3 or Tbet drives the effector functions of Th1 and Th2 cells respectively...
- Titia de Lange; Fiscal Year: 2014..mechanism by which the telomeric protein complex, shelterin, represses the two main DNA repair reactions, NHEJ and HDR at chromosome ends...
- Coordinating Adaptive and Innate ImmunityHua Huang; Fiscal Year: 2010..findings, we hypothesize that IL-4 primes bone marrow progenitor cells into Th2-type innate effector cells via a GATA3-dependent mechanism, while IL-5 does so via STAT5-dependent mechanisms...
- Larry Norton; Fiscal Year: 2016..Project 4 will characterize mammary tumors and their lung metastases occurring in HDR-deficient mammary epithelium...
- Differentiation of Th2 cytokine-producing innate cellsHua Huang; Fiscal Year: 2009..whether IL-4 directs bone marrow progenitor cells to differentiate into innate Th2-type effector cells via a GATA3-dependent mechanism;and In Aim 3, we will determine whether IL-5 directs bone marrow progenitor cells to ..
- Dorina Avram; Fiscal Year: 2016..Specifically, our studies will reveal the relationship between the transcription factors Bcl11b, Rorgt and Gata3 in Th17 lineage differentiation, Bcl11b, Gata3 and Rorgt in Th2 lineage differentiation, and how these two ..
- James Douglas Engel; Fiscal Year: 2016..This vital demonstration was functionally difficult to address because no T cells can be generated from GATA3-null progenitors, but we were able to definitively demonstrate this requirement using a novel Gata3-eGFP ..
- OLUFOLAKEMI OLAIYA AWE; Fiscal Year: 2014..Although, Th9 cells and Th2 cells share obligate transcription factors such as STAT6 and GATA3 and require IL-4 for their development, there is evidence that Th9 cells are a unique Th cell subset. PU...
- High-Throughput Screening to Identify Small Molecules for Improving Homologous ReRui Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2013..iPS cells, we will first establish the human fibroblasts that are suitable for homology directed recombination (HDR) assay. We will use lentiviral vectors to transduce the fibroblast cells...
- Radiation-Induced Mutagenesis and Apoptotic RegulationAmy Kronenberg; Fiscal Year: 2006..locus in TK6 cells that over-express BCL-2 or BCL-X L is associated with an increase in homology directed repair (HDR) of DNA double-strand breaks (DSBs)...
- Defining the role of FANCD2 in homology-directed DNA RepairSteven Margossian; Fiscal Year: 2009..redistributes to nuclear foci where it colocalizes with several proteins implicated in homology-dependent repair (HDR). Virtually nothing is known about the purpose of the FA pathway following formation of FANCD2 foci...
- Marijuana Effects on Immunity:Nature and MechanismsHerman Friedman; Fiscal Year: 2005..We will determine the role of transcription factors such as GATA3, NF-kB, AP-1, CREB, and STAT4, as well as other signaling proteins such as MAPK...
- Radioactive Stenting of malignant Biliary ObstructionsStephen Bunker; Fiscal Year: 2003..for the patient, because it requires only one intervention compared to other methods of palliative radiotherapy (HDR, EBRT), which require daily treatment regimens, often for weeks at a time...
- Role of IFN gamma in Th1 Cell DevelopmentHua Huang; Fiscal Year: 2004..cells to commit cannot be corrected by prolonged exposure to IL- 12; and 3) IL-4-induced STAT6 phosphorylation and GATA3 expression was significantly enhanced in IFNgammaR-/- Th1 cells...
- Systematic Artifact Reduction in Auditory fMRIThomas Talavage; Fiscal Year: 2009..5T. Aim 2: Obtain non-ideal measurements of HDRs to a desired (acoustic) stimulus, parameterized by variations in the systematic confound (acoustic imaging noise), ..
- Isolated and Syndromic Cardiac Outflow Tract DefectsDeepak Srivastava; Fiscal Year: 2006..Finally, we have found that Tbx1 physically interacts with two interesting transcription factors, GATA3 and Msx1...
- Molecular studies on the role of IL-4 & IL-13 in fibrosiConstantin Bona; Fiscal Year: 2003..In addition we will study the DNA binding activity to TGF-a promoter of transcription factors such as SP-, AP-1 GATA3, Stat6, c-Maf and NF-1 in fibroblasts transfected with deletion mutants of promoter and stimulated with 1L-4and IL-..
- Heterodisulfide Reductase in Methanosarcina acetivoransNICOLE BUAN; Fiscal Year: 2009..The enzyme complex responsible for CoB-CoM reduction is known as heterodisulfide reductcase (Hdr)...
- Genetic Epidemiology Of Kidney AnomaliesAbhay Vats; Fiscal Year: 2004..Recent studies have identified mutations in several genes involved in the development of kidney (such as PAX2, GATA3, EYA, and WT-1) that have been associated with CRUTA in humans...
- GATA3 in T cell maturation/T helper cell differentiationSung Yun Pai; Fiscal Year: 2005b>GATA3, a T cell-specific transcription factor, plays two central roles in immune development. First, it is necessary for the T lymphoid lineage development...
- GATA TRANSCRIPTION FACTOR FUNCTION IN DEVELOPMENTJAMES ENGEL; Fiscal Year: 2004..Since the Gata2 and Gata3 germ line mutations result in early to mid-embryonic lethality, it has previously been impossible to examine the ..
- Center on Health Disparities ResearchFannie Gaston Johansson; Fiscal Year: 2006..our understanding of health disparities by creating an infrastructure that supports health disparity research (HDR) across the life span...
- Center on Health Disparities ResearchVON WHITAKER; Fiscal Year: 2006..our understanding of health disparities by creating an infrastructure that supports health disparity research (HDR) across the life span...
- Role of GATA3 in the cochlear-vestibular ganglionEdmund Koundakjian; Fiscal Year: 2007..It is hypothesized that GATA3 defines the cochlear fate and regulates the expression of genes that specify cell type, including the formation of ..
- VESTIBULOSYMPATHETIC REFLEXES IN HUMANSCHESTER RAY; Fiscal Year: 2005..The design of these studies will increase our understanding of how the vestibular system contributes to orthostatic blood pressure regulation in humans. ..
- NEUROIMAGING OF AGE-RELATED COGNITIVE CHANGESDavid Madden; Fiscal Year: 2005..imaging (fMRI), to address the following issues: age differences in the shape of the neural hemodynamic response (HDR) waveform, measured from fMRI, in various brain regions (Experiment 1); the role of strategy and memory demands in ..
- The 4th International Conference on GATA Factors and Human DiseaseJAMES ENGEL; Fiscal Year: 2007..form of leukemia among Downs' syndrome patients (mutations in GATA1) and mutation of a different GATA factor (GATA3) leads to human HDR syndrome, a haploinsufficient disorder resulting in hearing loss, kidney malformation and ..
- VESTIBULOSYMPATHETIC REFLEXES IN HUMANSCHESTER RAY; Fiscal Year: 2001....