Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: GAS7
Description: growth arrest specific 7
Alias: growth arrest-specific protein 7
- gas7: A gene expressed preferentially in growth-arrested fibroblasts and terminally differentiated Purkinje neurons affects neurite formationY T Ju
Institute of Molecular Biology, Academia Sinica, Nankang Taipei, Taiwan 115, Republic of China
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:11423-8. 1998Growth arrest-specific (gas) genes are expressed preferentially in cells that enter a quiescent state. gas7, which we identified in serum-starved murine fibroblasts, is reported here to be expressed in vivo selectively in neuronal cells ..
- A novel role for hGas7b in microtubular maintenance: possible implication in tau-associated pathology in Alzheimer diseaseHirotada Akiyama
Department of Molecular Enzymology, Graduate School of Agricultural Science, Tohoku University, Sendai, Miyagi 981 8555, Japan
J Biol Chem 284:32695-9. 2009..Furthermore, we observed decreased levels of hGas7b in the brains from patients with Alzheimer disease. These results suggest an important role for hGas7b in microtubular maintenance and possible implication in Alzheimer disease...
- Common genetic determinants of intraocular pressure and primary open-angle glaucomaLeonieke M E van Koolwijk
Glaucoma Service, The Rotterdam Eye Hospital, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
PLoS Genet 8:e1002611. 2012..IOP was significantly associated with rs11656696, located in GAS7 at 17p13.1 (p=1.4×10(-8)), and with rs7555523, located in TMCO1 at 1q24.1 (p=1.6×10(-8))...
- Genome-wide association study and meta-analysis of intraocular pressureA Bilge Ozel
Department of Human Genetics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Hum Genet 133:41-57. 2014..Recent genome-wide association studies (GWAS) reported associations with IOP at TMCO1 and GAS7, and with primary open-angle glaucoma (POAG) at CDKN2B-AS1, CAV1/CAV2, and SIX1/SIX6...
- Association of the growth-arrest-specific protein Gas7 with F-actin induces reorganization of microfilaments and promotes membrane outgrowthBin Ru She
Institute of Molecular Biology, Academia Sinica, Nankang, Taipei, 115, Taiwan
Exp Cell Res 273:34-44. 2002The growth-arrest-specific gene, Gas7, is required for neurite outgrowth in cerebellar neurons...
- Human Gas7 isoforms homologous to mouse transcripts differentially induce neurite outgrowthChuck C K Chao
Tumor Biology Laboratory, Department of Biochemistry, Chang Gung University, Taoyuan, Taiwan, Republic of China
J Neurosci Res 81:153-62. 2005b>Gas7, a growth-arrest-specific protein, is expressed preferentially in the brain and is required for neurite outgrowth in cultured cerebellar and peripheral murine neurons...
- New Functional Signatures for Understanding Melanoma Biology from Tumor Cell Lineage-Specific AnalysisFlorian Rambow
Institut Curie, Normal and Pathological Development of Melanocytes, 91405 Orsay, France Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique CNRS UMR3347, 91405 Orsay, France INSERM U1021, 91405 Orsay, France Equipe labellisée Ligue Nationale Contre le Cancer, 91405 Orsay, France
Cell Rep 13:840-53. 2015..network of transcription factors governing neural development (TFAP2A, DLX2, ALX1, MITF, PAX3, SOX10, LEF1, and GAS7) and miRNAs (211-5p, 221-3p, and 10a-5p)...
- Growth-Arrest-Specific 7 Gene Regulates Neural Crest Formation and Craniofacial Development in ZebrafishFeng Chun Hung
1 Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Chang Gung University, Taiwan, Republic of China
Stem Cells Dev 24:2943-51. 2015Growth-arrest-specific 7 (Gas7) is preferentially expressed in the nervous system and plays an important role during neuritogenesis in vertebrates...
- Patterns of somatic uniparental disomy identify novel tumor suppressor genes in colorectal cancerKeyvan Torabi
Unitat de Biologia Cellular i Genetica Medica, Departament de Biologia Cellular, Fisiologia i Immunologia, Facultat de Medicina, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Bellaterra, Catalonia 08193, Spain
Carcinogenesis 36:1103-10. 2015..In addition, VCAN, FLT4, SFRP1 and GAS7 were also frequently involved in regions of UPD/UPP and displayed high levels of methylation...
- ARHGEF12 influences the risk of glaucoma by increasing intraocular pressureHenriët Springelkamp
Department of Ophthalmology, Department of Epidemiology and
Hum Mol Genet 24:2689-99. 2015..Genes found to date associated with IOP and POAG are ABCA1, CAV1/CAV2, GAS7 and TMCO1. However, these genes explain only a small part of the heritability of IOP and POAG...
- DNA methylation profiles and biomarkers of oral squamous cell carcinomaYu Fen Li
a Institute of Biostatistics China Medical University Taichung, Taiwan
Epigenetics 10:229-36. 2015..91 for both all-stage and early-stage OSCC. Methylation of 7 genes (ASCL1, FGF3, FLT4, GAS7, KDR, TERT, and TFPI2) constitutes the top-20 panels for detecting OSCC...
- Genome-wide analysis of multi-ancestry cohorts identifies new loci influencing intraocular pressure and susceptibility to glaucomaPirro G Hysi
1 Department of Twin Research and Genetic Epidemiology, King s College London, London, UK 2
Nat Genet 46:1126-30. 2014..2 (best P = 1.04 × 10(-11) for rs747782). Separate meta-analyses of 4 independent POAG cohorts, totaling 4,284 cases and 95,560 controls, showed that 3 of these loci for IOP were also associated with POAG...
- DNA methylome profiling identifies novel methylated genes in African American patients with colorectal neoplasiaHassan Ashktorab
Department of Medicine and Cancer Center Department of Pathology Howard University College of Medicine Washington DC, USA
Epigenetics 9:503-12. 2014..Fifty CpG sites located within CpG islands-in genes ATXN7L1 (2), BMP3 (7), EID3 (15), GAS7 (1), GPR75 (24), and TNFAIP2 (1)-were significantly hypermethylated in tumor vs. normal tissues (P<0.05)...
- Gas7b (growth arrest specific protein 7b) regulates neuronal cell morphology by enhancing microtubule and actin filament assemblyAina Gotoh
From the Molecular Enzymology, Department of Molecular Cell Science, Graduate School of Agricultural Science, Tohoku University, Sendai, Miyagi 981 8555, Japan and
J Biol Chem 288:34699-706. 2013..These results suggest that Gas7b governs neural cell morphogenesis by enhancing the coordination between actin filaments and microtubules. We conclude that lower neuronal Gas7b levels may impact Alzheimer disease progression. ..
- Growth-arrest-specific 7C protein inhibits tumor metastasis via the N-WASP/FAK/F-actin and hnRNP U/β-TrCP/β-catenin pathways in lung cancerRuo Chia Tseng
Department of Molecular Biology and Human Genetics, College of Life Science, Tzu Chi University, Hualien, Taiwan
Oncotarget 6:44207-21. 2015Growth-arrest-specific 7 (GAS7) belongs to a group of adaptor proteins that coordinate the actin cytoskeleton. Among human GAS7 isoforms, only GAS7C possesses a Src homology 3 domain...
- An Updated Review on the Genetics of Primary Open Angle GlaucomaKhaled Abu-Amero
Glaucoma Research Chair, Department of Ophthalmology, College of Medicine, King Saud University, Riyadh 11424, Saudi Arabia
Int J Mol Sci 16:28886-911. 2015..nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) at different loci including CAV1/CAV2, TMCO1, CDKN2B-AS1, CDC7-TGFBR3, SIX1/SIX6, GAS7 and ATOH7 to be associated with POAG and its related quantitative traits (endophenotypes)...
- Oligomerization but Not Membrane Bending Underlies the Function of Certain F-BAR Proteins in Cell Motility and CytokinesisNathan A McDonald
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Dev Cell 35:725-36. 2015..F-BAR oligomerization is also critical for Fer and RhoGAP4 physiological function, demonstrating its broad importance to F-BAR proteins that function without membrane bending...
- TGFbeta directs gene expression of activated microglia to an anti-inflammatory phenotype strongly focusing on chemokine genes and cell migratory genesRey Paglinawan
Section of Clinical Immunology, Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Glia 44:219-31. 2003..receptor, and FPR2, and on genes mediating cell migration (MMP9, MMP13, MacMARCKS, endothelin receptor B, Ena/VASP, Gas7), apoptosis (FAS, TNF, TNF receptor, caspase-1 and -11), and host response to infection (toll-like receptor 6, Mx-1,..
- The vast complexity of primary open angle glaucoma: disease genes, risks, molecular mechanisms and pathobiologySarah F Janssen
Department of Clinical and Molecular Ophthalmogenetics, The Netherlands Institute for Neuroscience NIN, Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences KNAW, Meibergdreef 47, 1105 BA Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Prog Retin Eye Res 37:31-67. 2013..Association Studies (GWAS) identified a large number of new POAG loci and disease genes, such as CAV1, CDKN2B and GAS7. In the current study, we reviewed over 120 family and GWA studies...
- Identification and functional characterization of zebrafish Gas7 gene in early developmentFeng Chun Hung
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Chang Gung University, Gueishan, Taiwan, Republic of China
J Neurosci Res 91:51-61. 2013Growth arrest-specific 7 (Gas7) is preferentially expressed in the nervous system and plays an important role during neuritogenesis in mammals...
- Discovery and Replication of Gene Influences on Brain Structure Using LASSO RegressionOmid Kohannim
Imaging Genetics Center at the Laboratory of Neuro Imaging, Department of Neurology, UCLA School of Medicine Los Angeles, CA, USA
Front Neurosci 6:115. 2012..or neuropsychiatric disorders such as MACROD2, SORCS2, GRIN2B, MAGI2, NPAS3, CLSTN2, GABRG3, NRXN3, PRKAG2, GAS7, RBFOX1, ADARB2, CHD4, and CDH13...
- Gas7-deficient mouse reveals roles in motor function and muscle fiber composition during agingBo Tsang Huang
Institute of Molecular Biology, Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan
PLoS ONE 7:e37702. 2012Growth arrest-specific gene 7 (Gas7) has previously been shown to be involved in neurite outgrowth in vitro; however, its actual role has yet to be determined...
- The genetics of intraocular pressurePallavi Ojha
Department of Ophthalmology, Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Boston, Massachusetts, USA and
Semin Ophthalmol 28:301-5. 2013..More recently, genome-wide association studies (GWAS) have shown that common genetic variants in the GAS7 and TMCO1 genomic regions are associated with elevated IOP...
- Tissue-specific transplantation antigen P35B (TSTA3) immune response-mediated metabolism coupling cell cycle to postreplication repair network in no-tumor hepatitis/cirrhotic tissues (HBV or HCV infection) by biocomputationLin Wang
Biomedical Center, School of Electronic Engineering, Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications, Beijing, 100876, China
Immunol Res 52:258-68. 2012..Our results showed TSTA3 upstream-activated CCNB2, CKS1B, ELAVL3, GAS7, NQO1, NTN1, OCRL, PLA2G1B, REG3A, SSTR5, etc...
- Alzheimer's disease-related protein hGas7b interferes with kinesin motilityMasafumi Hidaka
Molecular Enzymology, Department of Molecular Cell Science, Graduate School of Agricultural Science, Tohoku University, Aoba, Sendai, Japan
J Biochem 151:593-8. 2012..Excess hGas7b interferes with kinesin motility on microtubules. These results suggest that regulation to maintain an appropriate concentration of hGas7b is required for healthy neurotransmission...
- Persistence of multiple tumor-specific T-cell clones is associated with complete tumor regression in a melanoma patient receiving adoptive cell transfer therapyJuhua Zhou
Surgery Branch, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Immunother 28:53-62. 2005..cDNA library using transferred TILs resulted in the identification of novel mutated growth arrest-specific gene 7 (GAS7) and glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase (GAPDH) gene transcripts...
- Expression of GAS7 in childhood CNS tumorsMartin Ebinger
Department of Pediatric Oncology, University Children s Hospital, Eberhard Karl s University, Tubingen, Germany
Pediatr Blood Cancer 46:325-8. 2006..b>Gas7 is expressed predominantly in the brain and is required for neurite formation...
- MLL-GAS7 transforms multipotent hematopoietic progenitors and induces mixed lineage leukemias in miceChi Wai So
Department of Pathology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Cancer Cell 3:161-71. 2003..We demonstrate here that a representative MLL fusion protein, MLL-GAS7, impairs the differentiation and enhances the in vitro growth of murine hematopoietic cells with multipotent ..
- MLL/GAS7 fusion in a pediatric case of t(11;17)(q23;p13)-positive precursor B-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemiaIoannis Panagopoulos
Haematologica 91:1287-8. 2006MLL/GAS7, resulting from t(11;17)(q23;p13), has been reported in one case of treatment-related acute myeloid leukemia (AML). We present a de novo case of t(11;17)-positive pediatric acute lymphoblastic leukemia...
- Involvement of Gas7 in nerve growth factor-independent and dependent cell processes in PC12 cellsChuck C K Chao
Tumor Biology Laboratory, Department of Biochemistry, Chang Gung University, Taoyuan, Taiwan
J Neurosci Res 74:248-54. 2003b>Gas7, a growth arrest-specific gene originally isolated from serum-starved mouse fibroblast cells, is expressed in vivo predominantly in the brain and is required for neurite formation in cultured mouse cerebellar neurons (Ju et al...
- Interspecies fluorescence in situ hybridization further defines synteny homology between mouse chromosome 11 and human chromosome 17A Kurtz
Unit on Developmental Biology, National Institute of Mental Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 4090, USA
Mamm Genome 6:379-80. 1995
- Leukemic transformation of hematopoietic progenitors by MLL-GAS7 in the absence of Hoxa7 or Hoxa9Chi Wai So
Department of Pathology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford 94305, USA
Blood 103:3192-9. 2004..assays, Hoxa7- and Hoxa9-deficient progenitors remained susceptible to transformation by MLL-GAS7, which activates MLL through a dimerization-dependent mechanism...
- Exogenous fibroblast growth factors maintain viability, promote proliferation, and suppress GADD45alpha and GAS6 transcript content of prostate cancer cells genetically modified to lack endogenous FGF-2Sydney A Shain
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Texas Health Science Center, 7703 Floyd Curl Drive, MSC 7836, San Antonio, TX 78229 7836, USA
Mol Cancer Res 2:653-61. 2004..death of FGF-2-deficient transfectants did not significantly affect cell AS3, GADD153, GADD45gamma, GAS2, GAS3, GAS7, GAS8, or GAS11 transcript content, whereas GADD45alpha and GAS6 transcript content was elevated...
- High-resolution mapping of amplifications and deletions in pediatric osteosarcoma by use of CGH analysis of cDNA microarraysJeremy A Squire
Princess Margaret Hospital and The Ontario Cancer Institute, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 38:215-25. 2003..2. Seven OSs showed copy number gain or amplification of 17p between the loci bounded by GAS7 and PMI (17p11...
- Dimerization contributes to oncogenic activation of MLL chimeras in acute leukemiasChi Wai So
Department of Pathology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Cancer Cell 4:99-110. 2003..Here we demonstrate an alternative mechanism for activation of MLL following fusions with proteins (AF1p/Eps15 and GAS7) that normally reside in the cytoplasm...
- Detection of leukemia-associated MLL-GAS7 translocation early during chemotherapy with DNA topoisomerase II inhibitorsM D Megonigal
Division of Oncology, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, and Department of Pediatrics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 97:2814-9. 2000..The karyotypic del(11)(q23) was a cryptic t(11;17). GAS7, a growth arrest-specific gene at chromosome band 17p13, was the partner gene of MLL...
- The Gas7 gene encodes two protein isoforms differentially expressed within the brainE M Lazakovitch
Institute of Molecular Biology, Academia Sinica, Nankang, 115, Taiwan
Genomics 61:298-306. 1999b>Gas7, a growth arrest-specific gene first isolated from serum-starved NIH3T3 cells, is expressed abundantly in the brain and is essential for the outgrowth of neurites from cultured cerebellar neurons...
- Expression of the Gas7 gene and Oct4 in embryonic stem cells of miceP P Moorthy
Unit of Biochemistry, Department of Zoology, University of Madras, Chennai 600 025, Tamil Nadu, India
Stem Cells Dev 14:664-70. 2005..The presence of POU transcription factor-like domain in Gas7 prompted us to look for its expression in the early embryonic cells...
- Identification of rat Gas7 isoforms differentially expressed in brain and regulated following kainate-induced neuronal injuryP Y Chang
Tumor Biology Laboratory, Department of Biochemistry, Chang Gung University, Taoyuan, Taiwan
J Neurosci Res 79:788-97. 2005The growth arrest-specific gene 7 (Gas7) is expressed primarily in the brain and is necessary for the formation of neurite in cultured cerebellar preneurons...
- The gas7 protein potentiates NGF-mediated differentiation of PC12 cellsKarine Lortie
Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Brain Res 1036:27-34. 2005The growth-arrest-specific protein gas7 is required for morphological differentiation of cultured mouse cerebellar neurons and PC12 cells. Moreover, its overexpression in various cell types induces neurite-like outgrowth...
- Gas7 mediates the differentiation of human bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells into functional osteoblasts by enhancing Runx2-dependent gene expressionFeng Chun Hung
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Chang Gung University, Gueishan, Taoyuan 333, Taiwan, Republic of China
J Orthop Res 29:1528-35. 2011..Knockdown of Gas7 using short-hairpin RNA decreased the expression of the osteogenic transcription factor Runx2 and its target genes ..
- Gene profiling analysis reveals the contribution of CD24 and P2Y6R to the susceptibility of young rats to Plasmodium berghei infectionChristine Pierrot
Center for Infection and Immunity of Lille, Institut Pasteur de Lille, Inserm U1019, CNRS UMR8204, University Lille Nord de France, IFR 142, 1 rue du Professeur A Calmette, 59019 Lille, France
Cell Microbiol 13:752-63. 2011..At day 13 p.i., six transcripts corresponding to faim3, mesothelin, gas3 (PMP22), gas7, CD24 and P2Y6R were significantly decreased in young infected rats when compared with adult infected rats...
- Methylation profiling with a panel of cancer related genes: association with estrogen receptor, TP53 mutation status and expression subtypes in sporadic breast cancerJo Anders Rønneberg
Department of Genetics, Institute for Cancer Research, Oslo University Hospital Radiumhospitalet, Oslo, Norway
Mol Oncol 5:61-76. 2011..processes including homeobox domain genes (HOXA9, HOXA11, PAX6, MYBL2, ISL1 and IPF1) and (ETS1, HDAC1, CREBBP, GAS7, SPI1 and TBX1). Extensive correlation to mRNA expression was observed...
- Knockdown of growth-arrest-specific gene 7b (gas7b) using short-hairpin RNA desensitizes neuroblastoma cells to cisplatin: Implications for preventing apoptosis of neuronsFeng Chun Hung
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Graduate Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Chang Gung University, Gueishan, Taoyuan, Taiwan, Republic of China
J Neurosci Res 88:3578-87. 2010..Earlier, we observed that growth arrest-specific gene 7 (Gas7) plays a role in controlling neuritogenesis in mammals...
- Gas7 functions with N-WASP to regulate the neurite outgrowth of hippocampal neuronsJhong Jhe You
Institute of Molecular Biology, Academia Sinica, Taipei 11529, Taiwan
J Biol Chem 285:11652-66. 2010..b>Gas7 (growth arrest-specific gene 7), a new member of the PCH (Pombe Cdc15 homology) protein family, is predominantly ..
- Genetic analysis in a Dutch study sample identifies more ulcerative colitis susceptibility loci and shows their additive role in disease riskEleonora A M Festen
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University Medical Centre Groningen, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Am J Gastroenterol 105:395-402. 2010..Genetic susceptibility is known to make a major contribution to the pathogenesis of ulcerative colitis (UC). Recently, three studies, including a genome-wide association study (GWAS), reported novel UC risk loci...
- Direct optical microscopic observation of the microtubule polymerization intermediate sheet structure in the presence of gas7Takafumi Uchida
Tohoku University, Tsutsumidori, Amemiya, Aoba, Sendai, Japan
J Mol Biol 391:849-57. 2009..However, real-time observation of this process has been difficult. Here, by utilizing phospho-tau binding protein Gas7 (growth-arrest-specific protein 7), we visualized the polymer transformation process by dark-field microscopy...
- Validation of candidate causal genes for obesity that affect shared metabolic pathways and networksXia Yang
Department of Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Nat Genet 41:415-23. 2009..Perturbation of eight out of the nine genes, with Gas7, Me1 and Gpx3 being newly confirmed, resulted in significant changes in obesity-related traits...
- Involvement of Gas7 along the ERK1/2 MAP kinase and SOX9 pathway in chondrogenesis of human marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cellsY Chang
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, College of Medicine, Chang Gung University, Taoyuan 333, Taiwan
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 16:1403-12. 2008The growth-arrest-specific protein, Gas7, has been shown to be involved in reorganization of the cytoskeleton and for inducing changes in cell shape during cell differentiation...
- Minimal deletion regions in lung squamous cell carcinoma: association with abnormality of the DNA double-strand break repair genes and their applications on gene identification and prognostic biomarkersRuo Chia Tseng
Department of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan, ROC
Lung Cancer 59:332-9. 2008..In addition, chromosomal deletion analysis enables the delineation of the likely locations of tumor suppressor genes (TSG) and could provide molecular markers for disease classification...
- Molecular mechanisms regulating molting in a crustaceanHalagowder Devaraj
Unit of Biochemistry, Department of Zoology, University of Madras, Tamil Nadu, India
FEBS J 273:839-46. 2006..Western blot and ELISA results showed a progressive increase in growth arrest-specific protein (Gas7) from early postmolt stage to a maximum at late postmolt stage...
- Franck Polleux; Fiscal Year: 2016..we will test the function of three other uncharacterized, brain-specific F-BAR containing proteins (srGAP3/MEGAP, Gas7, and FCHo1) in neuronal migration and morphogenesis using combinations of in vitro and in vivo approaches...
- Novel PDEs for Cortical Mapping and Analysis in DiseasePaul Thompson; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Algorithms to Map Disease & Genetic Effects on the BrainPaul Thompson; Fiscal Year: 2005..Validated on unique datasets, these tools will greatly empower biomedical studies that bridge imaging and genetics. They will help investigate the genetic transmission, triggers, and dynamics of disease in whole human populations. ..
- Computational Modeling of High-Field MR ImagesPaul M Thompson; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will share all images, protocols, and algorithms with our network of 100+ collaborating laboratories. ..
- A Multidimensional Alzheimer's Disease Brain AtlasPaul M Thompson; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will share all images, protocols, and algorithms with our 100+ collaborating laboratories. ..