Gene Symbol: GAKIN
Description: kinesin family member 13B
Alias: GAKIN, kinesin-like protein KIF13B, guanylate kinase associated kinesin, kinesin 13B, kinesin-like protein GAKIN
- Direct interaction with a kinesin-related motor mediates transport of mammalian discs large tumor suppressor homologue in epithelial cellsNoriyuki Asaba
Department of Medicine, St Elizabeth s Medical Center, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02135, USA
J Biol Chem 278:8395-400. 2003..domain of human discs large protein binds directly within the amino acids 607-831 of the stalk domain of GAKIN, a kinesin-like protein of broad distribution...
- GAKIN, a novel kinesin-like protein associates with the human homologue of the Drosophila discs large tumor suppressor in T lymphocytesT Hanada
Section of Hematology Oncology Research, Departments of Medicine, Anatomy, and Cellular Biology, St Elizabeth s Medical Center, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02135, USA
J Biol Chem 275:28774-84. 2000..Here we show that a novel protein termed GAKIN binds to the guanylate kinase-like domain of hDlg...
- KIF13B establishes a CAV1-enriched microdomain at the ciliary transition zone to promote Sonic hedgehog signallingKenneth B Schou
Department of Biology, Section of Cell Biology and Physiology, The August Krogh Building, University of Copenhagen, Universitetsparken 13, Copenhagen OE DK 2100, Denmark
Nat Commun 8:14177. 2017..Thus KIF13B is a novel regulator of ciliary TZ configuration, membrane composition and Shh signalling...
- Antiangiogenic Therapeutic Potential of Peptides Derived from the Molecular Motor KIF13B that Transports VEGFR2 to Plasmalemma in Endothelial CellsKaori H Yamada
Department of Pharmacology, The University of Illinois College of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois Center of Lung and Vascular Biology, The University of Illinois College of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois Electronic address
Am J Pathol 187:214-224. 2017..Thus, we describe a novel class of peptides derived from the site of interaction of KIF13B with VEGFR2 that inhibit VEGFR2 trafficking and thereby starve cancer of blood supply...
- An Atypical MAGUK GK Target Recognition Mode Revealed by the Interaction between DLG and KIF13BJinwei Zhu
National Center for Protein Science Shanghai, Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 201210, China Division of Life Science, State Key Laboratory of Molecular Neuroscience, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Clear Water Bay, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China Electronic address
Structure 24:1876-1885. 2016..We further show that binding to non-phosphorylated targets is another general property of MAGUK GKs, thus expanding the mechanisms of action of the MAGUK family proteins...
- Mapping epigenetic changes to the host cell genome induced by Burkholderia pseudomallei reveals pathogen-specific and pathogen-generic signatures of infectionDeniz Cizmeci
College of Engineering, Mathematics and Physical Sciences, University of Exeter, Exeter, United Kingdom
Sci Rep 6:30861. 2016..Overall our findings show that pathogenic-specific and pathogen-common changes in the methylome occur following infection. ..
- Kif13b Regulates PNS and CNS Myelination through the Dlg1 ScaffoldRoberta Noseda
Division of Neuroscience, INSPE Institute of Experimental Neurology, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Milan, Italy
PLoS Biol 14:e1002440. 2016..In summary, we propose a novel function for the Kif13b kinesin in glial cells as a key component of the PI3K/AKT signaling pathway, which controls myelination in both PNS and CNS. ..
- Phosphorylation of TRPV1 by cyclin-dependent kinase 5 promotes TRPV1 surface localization, leading to inflammatory thermal hyperalgesiaJiao Liu
Neuroscience Research Institute and Department of Neurobiology, The Key Laboratory for Neuroscience of the Ministry of Education National Health and Family Planning Commission, School of Basic Medical Sciences, Peking University Health Science Center, Beijing100191, China PKU IDG McGovern Institute for Brain Research, Peking University, Beijing100871, China
Exp Neurol 273:253-62. 2015..Our studies provide a potential therapy for inflammatory pain. ..
- The involvement of PCP proteins in radial cell intercalations during Xenopus embryonic developmentOlga Ossipova
Department of Developmental and Regenerative Biology, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY 10029, USA
Dev Biol 408:316-27. 2015....
- Genome-wide association study of corticobasal degeneration identifies risk variants shared with progressive supranuclear palsyNaomi Kouri
Department of Neuroscience, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Jacksonville, Florida 32224, USA
Nat Commun 6:7247. 2015..We identify new CBD susceptibility loci and show that CBD and PSP share a genetic risk factor other than MAPT at 3p22 MOBP (myelin-associated oligodendrocyte basic protein). ..
- A novel assay reveals preferential binding between Rabs, kinesins, and specific endosomal subpopulationsMarvin Bentley
Jungers Center for Neurosciences Research, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239
J Cell Biol 208:273-81. 2015..This assay may have broad utility for identifying the trafficking proteins that bind to different vesicle populations. ..
- KIF13B regulates angiogenesis through Golgi to plasma membrane trafficking of VEGFR2Kaori H Yamada
Department of Pharmacology, University of Illinois College of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60612, USA Center of Lung and Vascular Biology, University of Illinois College of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
J Cell Sci 127:4518-30. 2014..Thus, KIF13B is an essential molecular motor required for the trafficking of VEGFR2 from the Golgi, and its delivery to the endothelial cell surface mediates angiogenesis...
- Dimerization of mammalian kinesin-3 motors results in superprocessive motionVirupakshi Soppina
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 48109
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 111:5562-7. 2014..Such high processivity has not been observed for any other motor protein and suggests that kinesin-3 motors are evolutionarily adapted to serve as the marathon runners of the cellular world. ..
- KIF13B enhances the endocytosis of LRP1 by recruiting LRP1 to caveolaeYoshimitsu Kanai
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy, Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
J Cell Biol 204:395-408. 2014..Thus, we propose that KIF13B, working as a scaffold, recruits LRP1 to caveolae via LRP1-hDLG1-KIF13B-utrophin-caveolae linkage and enhances the endocytosis of LRP1. ..
- A novel split kinesin assay identifies motor proteins that interact with distinct vesicle populationsBrian Jenkins
The Jungers Center for Neurosciences Research, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239, USA
J Cell Biol 198:749-61. 2012..This experimental paradigm allows a systematic approach to evaluate motor-vesicle interactions in living cells...
- Cyclin-dependent kinase 5 controls TRPV1 membrane trafficking and the heat sensitivity of nociceptors through KIF13BBao Ming Xing
Neuroscience Research Institute and Department of Neurobiology, The Key Laboratory for Neuroscience of the Ministry of Education and Health, Peking University Health Science Center, Beijing 100191, China
J Neurosci 32:14709-21. 2012....
- Up-regulation of microRNA-1290 impairs cytokinesis and affects the reprogramming of colon cancer cellsJia Wu
Laboratory of Gastroenterology, Second Affiliated Hospital of Zhejiang University, School of Medicine, Hangzhou, Zhejiang Province 310009, China
Cancer Lett 329:155-63. 2013..Our results suggest that up-regulation of miR-1290 in colon cancer cells impaired cytokinesis and affected reprogramming...
- A NudE/14-3-3 pathway coordinates dynein and the kinesin Khc73 to position the mitotic spindleMichelle S Lu
Institute of Molecular Biology and Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Oregon, Eugene, OR 97403, USA
Dev Cell 26:369-80. 2013..The Khc73 stalk/14-3-3/NudE pathway defines a physical connection that coordinates the activities of multiple motor proteins to precisely position the spindle. ..
- Doublecortin induces mitotic microtubule catastrophe and inhibits glioma cell invasionManoranjan Santra
Department of Neurology, Henry Ford Health System, Detroit, Michigan, USA
J Neurochem 108:231-45. 2009....
- Dlg1, Sec8, and Mtmr2 regulate membrane homeostasis in Schwann cell myelinationAnnalisa Bolis
Dulbecco Telethon Institute, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, 20132 Milan, Italy
J Neurosci 29:8858-70. 2009..We here report that, in Schwann cells, Dlg1 also interacts with kinesin 13B (kif13B) and Sec8, which are involved in vesicle transport and membrane tethering in polarized cells, ..
- Identification and characterization of human LL5A gene and mouse Ll5a gene in silicoMasuko Katoh
M and M Medical BioInformatics, Narashino 275 0022, Japan
Int J Oncol 23:1477-83. 2003..LL5alpha protein might be a transducer of PtdIns(3,4,5)P3 levels to the intracellular trafficking system...
- Centaurin-alpha1 interacts directly with kinesin motor protein KIF13BKanamarlapudi Venkateswarlu
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medical Sciences, The University of Bristol, University Walk, Bristol, BS8 1TD, UK
J Cell Sci 118:2471-84. 2005..Together, our data suggest a mechanism where direct binding between centaurin-alpha(1) and KIF13B could concentrate centaurin-alpha(1) at the leading edges of cells, thus modulating ARF6 function...
- Centaurin-alpha1 and KIF13B kinesin motor protein interaction in ARF6 signallingV Kanamarlapudi
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medical Sciences, The University of Bristol, Bristol BS8 1TD, UK
Biochem Soc Trans 33:1279-81. 2005..This paper reviews the studies carried out to assess the interaction and regulation of centaurin-alpha1 by KIF13B...
- A novel locus for hereditary spastic paraplegia with thin corpus callosum and epilepsyS Al-Yahyaee
College of Medicine and Health Sciences, Sultan Qaboos University, Muscat, Oman
Neurology 66:1230-4. 2006..One genetic locus has been identified on chromosome 15q13-q15 (SPG11) for HSP-TCC, but some HSP-TCC families have not been linked to this locus...
- Transport of PIP3 by GAKIN, a kinesin-3 family protein, regulates neuronal cell polarityKaori Horiguchi
Department of Pharmacology and Cancer Center, University of Illinois College of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
J Cell Biol 174:425-36. 2006..We show that guanylate kinase-associated kinesin (GAKIN), a kinesin-like motor protein, directly interacts with a PIP3-interacting protein, PIP3BP, and mediates the ..
- Neuronal polarity and the kinesin superfamily proteinsTakao Nakata
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Tokyo, Japan, 113 0033
Sci STKE 2007:pe6. 2007..In particular, KIF13B transports phosphatidylinositol (3,4,5)-trisphosphate, which, based on current hypotheses, is one of the most upstream molecules in the intracellular signaling cascades involved in axonal formation...
- The effector domain of human Dlg tumor suppressor acts as a switch that relieves autoinhibition of kinesin-3 motor GAKIN/KIF13BKaori H Yamada
Department of Pharmacology and UIC Cancer Center, University of Illinois College of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
Biochemistry 46:10039-45. 2007..Here, we report that the activity of the kinesin-3 motor protein, GAKIN, is regulated by the direct binding of its protein cargo, human discs large (hDlg) tumor suppressor...
- Functional involvement of human discs large tumor suppressor in cytokinesisKenji Unno
Department of Pharmacology, University of Illinois College of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Exp Cell Res 314:3118-29. 2008..A kinesin-like motor protein, GAKIN, which binds directly to the GUK domain of hDlg, exhibited a similar intracellular distribution pattern with hDlg ..
- A novel function for KIF13B in germ cell migrationKatsiaryna Tarbashevich
Dept Developmental Biochemistry, GZMB, 37077 Goettingen, Germany
Dev Biol 349:169-78. 2011..Interference with PIP3 synthesis leads to PGC mismigration in vivo and in vitro. We propose that xKIF13B function is linked to polarized accumulation of PIP3 and directional migration of the PGCs in Xenopus embryos...
- Par1b/MARK2 phosphorylates kinesin-like motor protein GAKIN/KIF13B to regulate axon formationYuta Yoshimura
Laboratory of Intracellular Signaling, Institute for Protein Research, Osaka University, 3 2 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 30:2206-19. 2010Here we report that Par1b/MARK2 regulates axon formation via phosphorylation of a kinesin superfamily protein GAKIN/KIF13B...
- Using quantitative PCR to identify kinesin-3 genes that are upregulated during growth arrest in mouse NIH3T3 cellsRikke I Thorsteinsson
Department of Biology, Section of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Copenhagen, Universitetsparken 13, DK 2100 Copenhagen OE, Denmark
Methods Cell Biol 94:67-86. 2009..In principle, however, the method can be extended to identify other genes or gene families that are upregulated during growth arrest...
- The dynamic distribution of CARD11 at the immunological synapse is regulated by the inhibitory kinesin GAKINRebecca L Lamason
Department of Biological Chemistry, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Mol Cell 40:798-809. 2010..modifiers of CARD11, a critical adaptor in antigen receptor signaling, and identified the kinesin-3 family member GAKIN as a CARD11 inhibitor...
- Phosphorylation-independent dual-site binding of the FHA domain of KIF13 mediates phosphoinositide transport via centaurin alpha1Yufeng Tong
Structural Genomics Consortium, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON M5G 1L7, Canada
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:20346-51. 2010..We propose that full-length KIF13B and CENTA1 form heterotetramers that can bind four phosphoinositide molecules in the vesicle and transport it along the microtubule...
- Motor protein regulation of T cell receptor signalingJoel L Pomerantz; Fiscal Year: 2012..Using this strategy, we isolated the kinesin-like motor protein GAKIN as a negative regulator of CARD11...
- Cytoskeletal Interactions of Human Dlg ProteinAthar Chishti; Fiscal Year: 2006..We have recently identified a novel protein termed GAKlN (Guanylate kinase Associated Kinesin) that binds to the guanylate kinase-like domain of hDlg and PSD-95...
- Regulation of CARD11 by a kinesin-like protein, GAKINRebecca Lamason; Fiscal Year: 2009..From this screen, a kinesin-like protein, GAKIN, was identified as an inhibitor of CARD11, and preliminary studies suggest that GAKIN functions as an inhibitor of ..