Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: GABRA2
Description: gamma-aminobutyric acid type A receptor alpha2 subunit
Alias: gamma-aminobutyric acid receptor subunit alpha-2, GABA(A) receptor subunit alpha-2
Publications128 found, 100 shown here
- Variations in GABRA2, encoding the alpha 2 subunit of the GABA(A) receptor, are associated with alcohol dependence and with brain oscillationsHoward J Edenberg
Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis 46202, USA
Am J Hum Genet 74:705-14. 2004..analyses of 69 single-nucleotide polymorphism (SNPs) within a cluster of four GABA(A) receptor genes, GABRG1, GABRA2, GABRA4, and GABRB1, at the center of the linked region...
- GABRA2 alleles moderate the subjective effects of alcohol, which are attenuated by finasterideAmira Pierucci-Lagha
Department of Psychiatry, Alcohol Research Center, University of Connecticut School of Medicine, Farmington, CT 06030, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 30:1193-203. 2005..on a haplotypic association of alcohol dependence with the gene encoding the GABA(A) receptor alpha-2 subunit (GABRA2), we examined whether GABRA2 alleles are associated with the subjective response to alcohol...
- Association between alcoholism and gamma-amino butyric acid alpha2 receptor subtype in a Russian populationJaakko Lappalainen
Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06516, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 29:493-8. 2005..have reported association between genetic variation in gamma-amino butyric acid alpha2 receptor subtype (GABRA2) and risk for alcohol dependence...
- Confirmation of association of the GABRA2 gene with alcohol dependence by subtype-specific analysisChristoph Fehr
Department of Psychiatry, University of Mainz, 55131 Mainz, Germany
Psychiatr Genet 16:9-17. 2006..dependence with the gene encoding the alpha2 subunit of the gamma-aminobutyric acid type A (GABAA) receptor (GABRA2)...
- The role of GABRA2 in risk for conduct disorder and alcohol and drug dependence across developmental stagesDanielle M Dick
Department of Psychiatry and Psychology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Behav Genet 36:577-90. 2006..dependence and related disorders to develop and test hypotheses about the risk associated with a specific gene, GABRA2, across different developmental stages...
- Marital status, alcohol dependence, and GABRA2: evidence for gene-environment correlation and interactionDanielle M Dick
Department of Psychiatry, Washington University in St Louis, Box 8134, 660 South Euclid Ave, St Louis, MO 63130, USA
J Stud Alcohol 67:185-94. 2006The gene GABRA2 has been associated with the risk for alcohol dependence in independent samples...
- Association of GABRA2 with drug dependence in the collaborative study of the genetics of alcoholism sampleArpana Agrawal
Department of Psychiatry, Washington University in St Louis, St Louis, MO, USA
Behav Genet 36:640-50. 2006..Results suggested association between marijuana dependence and illicit drug dependence with SNPs in the GABRA2 gene...
- GABA-A2 receptor subunit gene (GABRA2) polymorphisms and risk for alcohol dependenceM Soyka
Psychiatric Hospital of Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, Germany
J Psychiatr Res 42:184-91. 2008..Recent studies have suggested that genetic variants of the GABA-A receptor alpha2 subunit gene (GABRA2) are associated with alcohol dependence...
- Variation in GABRA2 predicts drinking behavior in project MATCH subjectsLance O Bauer
Department of Psychiatry, Alcohol Research Center, University of Connecticut School of Medicine, Farmington, Connecticut 06030 2103, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 31:1780-7. 2007..studies demonstrated, and replicated, an association between single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) within the GABRA2 gene and risk for alcohol dependence...
- The role of GABRA2 in alcohol dependence, smoking, and illicit drug use in an Australian population samplePenelope A Lind
Genetic Epidemiology, Queensland Institute of Medical Research, Royal BrisbaneHospital, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 32:1721-31. 2008..have shown that genetic variation in the alpha-2 subunit of the gamma-aminobutyric acid type A (GABA(A)) receptor (GABRA2) is associated with risk for alcohol dependence...
- Strong genetic evidence for a selective influence of GABAA receptors on a component of the bipolar disorder phenotypeN Craddock
Department of Psychological Medicine, School of Medicine, Cardiff University, Cardiff, UK
Mol Psychiatry 15:146-53. 2010..Our method of phenotype refinement may be useful in studies of other complex psychiatric and non-psychiatric disorders...
- Role of GABRA2 in trajectories of externalizing behavior across development and evidence of moderation by parental monitoringDanielle M Dick
Virginia Institute for Psychiatric and Behavioral Genetics, Virginia Commonwealth University, Department of Psychiatry, PO Box 980126, Richmond, VA 23298 0126, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 66:649-57. 2009..We describe analyses aimed at characterizing the pathway of risk associated with GABRA2, a gene previously associated with adult alcohol dependence, in a community sample of children followed ..
- Role of GABRA2 on risk for alcohol, nicotine, and cannabis dependence in the Iowa Adoption StudiesRobert A Philibert
Department of Psychiatry, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242 1000, USA
Psychiatr Genet 19:91-8. 2009A number of studies have shown that genetic variation at GABRA2 alters vulnerability to alcohol dependence...
- The influence of GABRA2, childhood trauma, and their interaction on alcohol, heroin, and cocaine dependenceMARY ANNE ENOCH
Laboratory of Neurogenetics, National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 9412, USA
Biol Psychiatry 67:20-7. 2010The GABRA2 gene has been implicated in addiction. Early life stress has been shown to alter GABRA2 expression in adult rodents...
- Lamina-specific alterations in cortical GABA(A) receptor subunit expression in schizophreniaMonica Beneyto
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pittsburgh, W1656 Biomedical Science Tower, 3811 O Hara Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Cereb Cortex 21:999-1011. 2011....
- Impulsiveness and insula activation during reward anticipation are associated with genetic variants in GABRA2 in a family sample enriched for alcoholismS Villafuerte
Molecular and Behavioral Neuroscience Institute, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 2200, USA
Mol Psychiatry 17:511-9. 2012..alcoholics from non-alcoholics is with variants in the inhibitory γ-amino butyric acid α2 receptor subunit (GABRA2) gene...
- Impulsiveness mediates the association between GABRA2 SNPs and lifetime alcohol problemsS Villafuerte
Molecular and Behavioral Neuroscience Institute, University of Michigan, 109 Zina Pitcher Place, BSRB 5063, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 2200, USA
Genes Brain Behav 12:525-31. 2013Genetic variants in GABRA2 have previously been shown to be associated with alcohol measures, electroencephalography (EEG) β waves and impulsiveness-related traits...
- The genetics of alcoholism: identifying specific genes through family studiesHoward J Edenberg
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis 46202 5122, USA
Addict Biol 11:386-96. 2006..Using this sequential approach, COGA has detected association with GABRA2, CHRM2 and ADH4; these associations have all been replicated by other researchers...
- Neurophysiological endophenotypes, CNS disinhibition, and risk for alcohol dependence and related disordersBernice Porjesz
Henri Begleiter Neurodynamics Laboratory, SUNY Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, New York, USA
ScientificWorldJournal 7:131-41. 2007..g., GABRA2, CHRM2), including frontal networks that are deficient in individuals with alcohol dependence, impulsivity, and ..
- Genetic influences on alcohol use across stages of development: GABRA2 and longitudinal trajectories of drunkenness from adolescence to young adulthoodDanielle M Dick
Virginia Institute for Psychiatric and Behavioral Genetics, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA, USA
Addict Biol 19:1055-64. 2014..This has received little attention in genetic association analyses. In this study, we test for genetic effects of GABRA2, a gene previously associated with alcohol dependence, on trajectories of drunkenness from age 14 to 25...
- A GABRA2 variant is associated with increased stimulation and 'high' following alcohol administrationAlbert J Arias
Corresponding author Department of Psychiatry, University of Connecticut Health Center, 263 Farmington Avenue, Farmington, CT 06030 1410, USA
Alcohol Alcohol 49:1-9. 2014..to replicate and extend previous findings of a moderating effect of single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in GABRA2 (which encodes the GABAA α-2 subunit) on the subjective effects of alcohol by examining SNPs in this and the ..
- Examination of genetic variation in GABRA2 with conduct disorder and alcohol abuse and dependence in a longitudinal studyWhitney E Melroy
Institute for Behavioral Genetics, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO, USA
Behav Genet 44:356-67. 2014..shown associations between single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in gamma aminobutyric acid receptor alpha 2 (GABRA2) and adolescent conduct disorder (CD) and alcohol dependence in adulthood, but not adolescent alcohol dependence...
- Novel QTL at chromosome 6p22 for alcohol consumption: Implications for the genetic liability of alcohol use disordersMark Z Kos
Department of Genetics, Texas Biomedical Research Institute, San Antonio, Texas
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 165:294-302. 2014..several chromosome regions, leading to the successful identification of susceptibility genes, including ADH4 and GABRA2 on chromosome 4...
- Heritability and molecular-genetic basis of resting EEG activity: a genome-wide association studyStephen M Malone
Department of Psychology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Psychophysiology 51:1225-45. 2014..We also obtained an association between the GABRA2 gene and beta power (p < ...
- Genetics of alcoholismPriya A Iyer-Eimerbrink
Institute of Psychiatric Research, Department of Psychiatry, School of Medicine, Indiana University, 320 W 15th Street, Indianapolis, IN, 46202, USA
Curr Psychiatry Rep 16:518. 2014..More recent studies in family-based samples have implicated GABRA2, nicotinic receptor genes such as CHRNB3, and a number of other specific single genes as associated with alcohol ..
- Early growth response 1 (Egr-1) directly regulates GABAA receptor α2, α4, and θ subunits in the hippocampusJiwon Mo
Department of Anatomy and Division of Brain Korea 21 Biomedical Science, College of Medicine, Korea University, Seoul, Korea
J Neurochem 133:489-500. 2015..PCR approach, in combination with in vivo chromatin immunoprecipitation, and reveals that GABAA receptor subunit, GABRA2 (α2), GABRA4 (α4), and GABRQ (θ) genes, are transcriptional targets of Egr-1...
- GABRA2 Alcohol Dependence Risk Allele is Associated with Reduced Expression of Chromosome 4p12 GABAA Subunit Genes in Human Neural CulturesRichard Lieberman
Alcohol Research Center, Department of Psychiatry, University of Connecticut School of Medicine, Farmington, Connecticut
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 39:1654-64. 2015Genetic variation in a region of chromosome 4p12 that includes the GABAA subunit gene GABRA2 has been reproducibly associated with alcohol dependence (AD). However, the molecular mechanisms underlying the association are unknown...
- Specificity protein 4 (Sp4) transcriptionally regulates inhibitory GABAergic receptors in neuronsBindu Nair
Department of Cell Biology, Neurobiology and Anatomy, Medical College of Wisconsin, 8701 Watertown Plank Road, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1863:1-9. 2016..assays, and western blots, we found that Sp4 functionally regulates the transcription of Gabra1 (GABAA α1) and Gabra2 (GABAA α2), but not Gabra3 (GABAA α3) subunit genes...
- A GABBR2 gene variant modifies pathophysiology in Huntington's diseaseApril L Philpott
School of Psychological Sciences and Monash Institute of Cognitive and Clinical Neurosciences, Monash University, Clayton, VIC 3800, Australia
Neurosci Lett 620:8-13. 2016..polymorphism mapping was performed across six genes that are known to modulate cortico-subcortical pathways (GABRA2, GABBR1, GABBR2, DRD1, DRD2, DRD4). Genetic associations with six TMS measures and age at onset were investigated...
- Effects of Gabra2 Point Mutations on Alcohol Intake: Increased Binge-Like and Blunted Chronic Drinking by MiceEmily L Newman
Department of Psychology, Tufts University, Medford, Massachusetts
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 40:2445-2455. 2016Alcohol use disorders are associated with single-nucleotide polymorphisms in GABRA2, the gene encoding the GABAA receptor α2-subunit in humans...
- Fine Mapping of a Dravet Syndrome Modifier Locus on Mouse Chromosome 5 and Candidate Gene Analysis by RNA-SeqNicole A Hawkins
Department of Pharmacology Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
PLoS Genet 12:e1006398. 2016..differences between 129S6/SvEvTac and [129xC57BL/6J]F1 were identified, including the GABAA receptor subunit, Gabra2. Further analysis of Gabra2 demonstrated allele-specific expression...
- Insensitivity to anaesthetic agents conferred by a class of GABA(A) receptor subunitP A Davies
The Institute for Genomic Research, Rockville, Maryland 20850, USA
Nature 385:820-3. 1997..The expression pattern of this subunit in the brain suggests a new target for manipulation of neuronal pathways within the basal ganglia...
- DNA methylation in the human cerebral cortex is dynamically regulated throughout the life span and involves differentiated neuronsKimberly D Siegmund
Department of Preventive Medicine, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 2:e895. 2007..A robust and progressive rise in DNA methylation levels across the lifespan was observed for 8/50 loci (GABRA2, GAD1, HOXA1, NEUROD1, NEUROD2, PGR, STK11, SYK) typically in conjunction with declining levels of the ..
- Voluntary intravenous self-administration of alcohol detects an interaction between GABAergic manipulation and GABRG1 polymorphism genotype: a pilot studyMartin H Plawecki
Department of Psychiatry, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 37:E152-60. 2013..such variability and conducted a pilot study to assess its utility for detecting an interaction of subjects' GABRA2 or GABRG1 genotype and pretreatment with 1 mg of lorazepam (LZ) vs...
- In vitro neuroendocrine effects of 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin (TCDD) in the AhR-expressing hypothalamic rat GnV-3 cell lineK A Solak
Institute for Risk Assessment Sciences, Utrecht University, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Toxicology 311:124-34. 2013..TCDD (10nM) altered neurotransmitter signaling by up-regulation of glutamate (Grik2), gamma-amino butyric acid (Gabra2) and serotonin (Ht2C) receptor mRNA levels...
- A genome-wide search for type 2 diabetes susceptibility genes in an extended Arab familyHabiba S Al Safar
Centre for Forensic Science, The University of Western Australia, Crawley, Western, Australia Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research, Biomedical Department, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Ann Hum Genet 77:488-503. 2013..92×10(-6)), supported by analysis using a linear mixed model approximation in GenABEL (4p12-p13 GABRG1/GABRA2: rs7662743, Padj-agesex=2.06×10(-5); KCTD8: rs4407541, Padj-agesex=1...
- Expression of GABAA α2-, β1- and ε-receptors are altered significantly in the lateral cerebellum of subjects with schizophrenia, major depression and bipolar disorderS H Fatemi
1 Division of Neuroscience Research, Department of Psychiatry, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, MN, USA 2 Department of Pharmacology, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, MN, USA 3 Department of Neuroscience, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Transl Psychiatry 3:e303. 2013..New avenues for treatment, such as the use of neurosteroids to promote GABA modulation, could potentially ameliorate GABAergic dysfunction in these disorders...
- Antihyperalgesia by α2-GABAA receptors occurs via a genuine spinal action and does not involve supraspinal sitesJolly Paul
1 Institute of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland 2 Zurich Neuroscience Center ZNZ, Zurich, Switzerland
Neuropsychopharmacology 39:477-87. 2014..Such drugs may therefore be well-suited for the systemic treatment of different chronic pain conditions. ..
- A conserved BDNF, glutamate- and GABA-enriched gene module related to human depression identified by coexpression meta-analysis and DNA variant genome-wide association studiesLun Ching Chang
Department of Biostatistics, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States of America
PLoS ONE 9:e90980. 2014..in neuronal signaling and structure, including glutamate metabotropic receptors (GRM1, GRM7), GABA receptors (GABRA2, GABRA4), and neurotrophic and development-related proteins [BDNF, reelin (RELN), Ephrin receptors (EPHA3, EPHA5)]...
- Over-expression of either MECP2_e1 or MECP2_e2 in neuronally differentiated cells results in different patterns of gene expressionMarija Orlic-Milacic
Molecular Neuropsychiatry and Development Lab, Campbell Family Mental Health Research Institute, The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
PLoS ONE 9:e91742. 2014..Both isoforms up-regulated GABRA2, KCNA1, FOXG1 and FOXP2. Down-regulation of expression in the presence of MECP2_e1 was seen with UNC5C and RPH3A...
- Modulation of GABAA receptor signaling increases neurogenesis and suppresses anxiety through NFATc4Giorgia Quadrato
Laboratory for NeuroRegeneration and Repair, Center for Neurology, Hertie Institute for Clinical Brain Research, University of Tuebingen, 72076 Tuebingen, Germany
J Neurosci 34:8630-45. 2014..receptor (GABAAR) signaling modulates hippocampal neurogenesis through NFATc4 activity, which in turn regulates GABRA2 and GABRA4 subunit expression via binding to specific promoter responsive elements, as assessed by ChIP and ..
- A novel variant in GABRB2 associated with intellectual disability and epilepsySiddharth Srivastava
Hugo W Moser Research Institute at Kennedy Krieger Institute, Baltimore, Maryland Departments of Neurology and Pediatrics, The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, Maryland
Am J Med Genet A 164:2914-21. 2014..Mutations in genes encoding various subunits of this receptor (GABRA1, GABRA2, GABRA4, GABRA5, GABRA6, GABRB1, GABRB3, GABRG1, GABRG2, GABRG3, and GABRD) are implicated in a number of ..
- Genetic variation in GABRA2 moderates peer influence on externalizing behavior in adolescentsSandra Villafuerte
Department of Psychiatry, University of Michigan Ann Arbor, Michigan Molecular and Behavioral Neuroscience Institute, University of Michigan Ann Arbor, Michigan
Brain Behav 4:833-40. 2014..Several lines of evidence support a role of GABRA2 on externalizing behavior related to disinhibition...
- Susceptibility effects of GABA receptor subunit alpha-2 (GABRA2) variants and parental monitoring on externalizing behavior trajectories: Risk and protection conveyed by the minor alleleElisa M Trucco
University of Michigan
Dev Psychopathol 28:15-26. 2016..Genetic variants of GABA receptor subunit alpha-2 (GABRA2) may increase susceptibility to parental monitoring, thus impacting externalizing trajectories...
- Mechanisms in the relation between GABRA2 and adolescent externalizing problemsFrances L Wang
Department of Psychology, Arizona State University, 950 S McAllister Ave, P O Box 871104, Tempe, AZ, 85287 1104, USA
Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 25:67-80. 2016..The γ-aminobutyric acid A receptor, α2 gene (GABRA2) is associated with a broad spectrum of externalizing problems and disinhibitory-related traits...
- Intergenerational continuity in parents' and adolescents' externalizing problems: The role of life events and their interaction with GABRA2Jessica E Salvatore
Department of Psychiatry, Virginia Commonwealth University
J Abnorm Psychol 124:709-28. 2015..and whether this indirect effect is further qualified by an interaction between life events and adolescents' GABRA2 genotype (rs279871)...
- Association of GABAA receptor α2 subunit gene (GABRA2) with alcohol dependence-related aggressive behaviorDubravka Svob Strac
Division of Molecular Medicine, Rudjer Boskovic Institute, Zagreb, Croatia Electronic address
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 63:119-25. 2015..Recent studies have demonstrated that polymorphisms of the gene encoding the GABAA receptor α2 subunit (GABRA2) are associated with alcohol dependence in different populations of European ancestry...
- Peripheral viral infection induced microglial sensome genes and enhanced microglial cell activity in the hippocampus of neonatal pigletsPeng Ji
Department of Animal Sciences, University of Illinois, Urbana, IL, USA
Brain Behav Immun 54:243-51. 2016..g., IL1R1, TLR2, and TLR4), whereas 15 genes associated with the synaptosome and synaptic receptors (e.g., NPTX2, GABRA2, and SLC5A7) were down-regulated...
- Subregional Expression of Hippocampal Glutamatergic and GABAergic Genes in F344 Rats with Social Isolation after WeaningHisaya Iwata
Laboratory of Animal Genetics and Physiology, Department of Animal Science, College of Bioresource Sciences, Nihon University, Fujisawa, Kanagawa, Japan
Comp Med 66:4-9. 2016..In contrast, pwSI tended to decrease the expression of GABAA receptor subunit genes, and Gabra1, Gabra2, Gabra4, Gabra5, Gabrb2, Gabrg1, and Gabrg2 were all significantly decreased in expression compared with the ..
- Assessment of Expression of Genes Coding GABAA Receptors during Chronic and Acute Intoxication of Laboratory Rats with EthanolN S Osechkina
Institute of Toxicology, Federal Medical Biological Agency of Russia, St Petersburg, Russia
Bull Exp Biol Med 160:452-4. 2016..7 times), Gabra1 (by 3.8 times), and Gabra4 (by 6.5 times), although it diminished expression of Gabra2 gene by 1.4 times...
- Beyond risk: Prospective effects of GABA Receptor Subunit Alpha-2 (GABRA2) × Positive Peer Involvement on adolescent behaviorElisa M Trucco
University of Michigan
Dev Psychopathol . 2016..This paper examines whether the GABA receptor subunit alpha-2 (GABRA2) single nucleotide polymorphism rs279858 moderates the influence of positive peer affiliation on externalizing ..
- Several posttranslational modifications act in concert to regulate gephyrin scaffolding and GABAergic transmissionHimanish Ghosh
Institute of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Zurich, Winterthurerstrasse 190, CH 8057 Zurich, Switzerland
Nat Commun 7:13365. 2016..expression of SUMOylation-deficient gephyrin variants rescued gephyrin clustering in CA1 or neocortical neurons of Gabra2-null mice, which otherwise lack gephyrin clusters, indicating that gephyrin SUMO modification is an essential ..
- Regulation of the expression of GABAA receptor subunits by an antiepileptic drug QYSXianchun Li
Key Lab of Brain Functional Genomics, MOE and STCSM, Shanghai Institute of Brain Functional Genomics, East China Normal University, Shanghai
Neurosci Lett 392:145-9. 2006..The results showed that treatment of QYS significantly increased the expressions of Gabra1, Gabra2 and Gabr4 and decreased the expression of Gabrg2 in inferior colliculus...
- Molecular analysis of the site for 2-arachidonylglycerol (2-AG) on the β₂ subunit of GABA(A) receptorsRoland Baur
Institute of Biochemistry and Molecular Medicine, University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland
J Neurochem 126:29-36. 2013..The influence of the structure of the head group of the ligand molecule on the activity of the molecule was also investigated. We present a model of 2-AG docked to the GABA(A) receptor...
- Genetic influences on the development of alcoholismMARY ANNE ENOCH
Laboratory of Neurogenetics, National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, 20892, USA
Curr Psychiatry Rep 15:412. 2013..The strongest findings are with genes encoding alcohol metabolizing enzymes. A few candidate genes such as GABRA2 have shown robust associations with alcoholism...
- Gene-wide tagging study of the effects of common genetic polymorphisms in the α subunits of the GABA(A) receptor on epilepsy treatment responseChin Chuan Hung
Department of Pharmacy, College of Pharmacy, China Medical University, Taichung, Taiwan and Department of Pharmacy, China Medical University Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan
Pharmacogenomics 14:1849-56. 2013..We aimed to identify the effect of SNPs in the α-subunits of GABAA receptors on epilepsy treatment outcomes by using a gene-wide tagging method...
- GABRG1 and GABRA2 variation associated with alcohol dependence in African AmericansChupong Ittiwut
Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 36:588-93. 2012GABRG1 and GABRA2, genes that encode the γ1 and α2 subunits, respectively, of the GABA-A receptor, are located in a cluster on chromosome 4p...
- GABRA2 and KIBRA genotypes predict early relapse to substance useL O Bauer
Department of Psychiatry, University of Connecticut School of Medicine, Farmington, CT 06030 2103, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 123:154-9. 2012..The ability of these SNPs to predict re-involvement, defined here as abstinence failure during treatment, has not been thoroughly tested...
- Complex control of GABA(A) receptor subunit mRNA expression: variation, covariation, and genetic regulationMegan K Mulligan
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, Tennessee, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e34586. 2012..Expression of Gabra1, Gabra2, Gabrb2, Gabrb3, and Gabrg2 is highly variable and heritable among the large cohort of BXD strains derived from ..
- Gamma-aminobutyric acid A receptor, α-2 (GABRA2) variants as individual markers for alcoholism: a meta-analysisElias Zintzaras
Department of Biomathematics, University of Thessaly School of Medicine, Larissa, Greece
Psychiatr Genet 22:189-96. 2012..evidence from the genetic association studies (GAS) published to date on the association between variants in the GABRA2 gene and alcoholism has produced inconclusive results...
- Early formation of GABAergic synapses governs the development of adult-born neurons in the olfactory bulbMarta Pallotto
Department of Anatomy, Pharmacology, and Forensic Medicine and National Institute of Neuroscience Italy, University of Turin, I 10126 Turin, Italy
J Neurosci 32:9103-15. 2012..e., Gabra2). Ablation of the α2-subunit did not affect GC survival but dramatically delayed their maturation...
- Genetic association of GABA-A receptor alpha-2 and mu opioid receptor with cocaine cue-reactivity: evidence for inhibitory synaptic neurotransmission involvement in cocaine dependenceDavid Smelson
Center for Health, Quality, Outcomes and Economic Research, Edith Norse Rogers VA Medical Center, Bedford, Massachusetts, USA
Am J Addict 21:411-5. 2012..This pilot feasibility study examined the role of genetics in laboratory-induced cocaine craving...
- α2-containing GABA(A) receptors: a target for the development of novel treatment strategies for CNS disordersElif Engin
Laboratory of Genetic Neuropharmacology, McLean Hospital, Belmont, MA 02478, USA
Pharmacol Ther 136:142-52. 2012..Moreover, polymorphisms in the GABRA2 gene encoding the GABA(A) receptor α2 subunit have been found to be linked to chronic alcohol dependence and to ..
- Deletion of the gabra2 gene results in hypersensitivity to the acute effects of ethanol but does not alter ethanol self administrationClaire I Dixon
School of Psychology, University of Sussex, Brighton, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 7:e47135. 2012Human genetic studies have suggested that polymorphisms of the GABRA2 gene encoding the GABA(A) α2-subunit are associated with ethanol dependence...
- Differential susceptibility to prevention: GABAergic, dopaminergic, and multilocus effectsGene H Brody
Center for Family Research, Institute for Behavioral Research, University of Georgia, Athens, GA 30602 4527, USA
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 54:863-71. 2013..Randomized prevention trials provide a unique opportunity to test hypotheses about the interaction of genetic predispositions with contextual processes to create variations in phenotypes over time...
- Intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy: new insights into its pathogenesisAnnarosa Floreani
Department of Surgery, Oncology and Gastroenterology, University of Padova, Padova, Italy
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 26:1410-5. 2013..To search a specific gene expression profile in women with intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy (ICP) and to evaluate the maternal and foetal outcome...
- Association of VMAT2 gene polymorphisms with alcohol dependenceChristoph Fehr
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University of Mainz, Untere Zahlbacher Str 8, 55131, Mainz, Germany
J Neural Transm (Vienna) 120:1161-9. 2013..Few candidate genes have been identified, comprising ADH4, ALDH2, COMT, CRHR1, DAT (SLC6A3), GABRA2 and MAOA...
- How phenotype and developmental stage affect the genes we find: GABRA2 and impulsivityDanielle M Dick
Department of Psychiatry, Human and Molecular Genetics, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA, USA
Twin Res Hum Genet 16:661-9. 2013..Phenotypic measurement has been offered as one explanation, although most of this discussion has focused on problems with binary diagnoses...
- Genetics and alcoholismHoward J Edenberg
Department of Biochemistry, Indiana University School of Medicine, 635 Barnhill Drive, MS4063, Indianapolis, IN 46202 5122, USA
Nat Rev Gastroenterol Hepatol 10:487-94. 2013..continue to reveal other genes in which variants affect the risk of alcoholism or related traits, including GABRA2, CHRM2, KCNJ6 and AUTS2...
- gamma-Aminobutyric acidA receptors displaying association of gamma 3-subunits with beta 2/3 and different alpha-subunits exhibit unique pharmacological propertiesM Tögel
Department of Biochemical Psychiatry, University Clinic for Psychiatry, Vienna, Austria
J Biol Chem 269:12993-8. 1994..These data indicate that gamma 3-subunits can combine with most alpha-subunits to form a multiplicity of GABAA receptors with distinct pharmacology...
- A sequence-ready BAC contig of the GABAA receptor gene cluster Gabrg1-Gabra2-Gabrb1 on mouse chromosome 5A Lengeling
Center for Neurobiology and Behavior, Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Genome Res 9:732-8. 1999..have established a high-resolution physical map of the cluster of genes encoding GABA(A) receptor subunits alpha2 (Gabra2), beta1 (Gabrb1), and gamma(1) (Gabrg1) on mouse chromosome 5...
- High-resolution BAC-based map of the central portion of mouse chromosome 5J Crabtree
Center for Bioinformatics, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Genome Res 11:1746-57. 2001..nonreceptor protein-tyrosine type kinases (Tec-Txk), and type-A receptors for the neurotransmitter GABA (Gabra2, Gabrb1, Gabrg1, and Gabra4)...
- The 5'-flanking region of the rat GABA(A) receptor alpha2-subunit gene (Gabra2)Karoline Fuchs
Division of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Brain Research Institute, University of Vienna, Austria
J Neurochem 82:1512-23. 2002The GABA(A) receptor alpha2-subunit gene (Gabra2) has a specific spatial and temporal pattern of expression in rat brain...
- Modelling extracellular domains of GABA-A receptors: subtypes 1, 2, 3, and 5Kuo Chen Chou
Tianjin Institute of Bioinformatics and Drug Discovery, Tianjin 300074, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 316:636-42. 2004..The present models might be also useful in understanding the basic mechanism of operation of the GABA-A receptors, stimulating novel strategies for developing more specific drugs and better treatments...
- Allelic and haplotypic association of GABRA2 with alcohol dependenceJonathan Covault
Department of Psychiatry, Alcohol Research Center, University of Connecticut School of Medicine, Farmington, Connecticut 06030 2103, USA
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 129:104-9. 2004..showed a haplotypic association of alcohol dependence to the gene encoding the GABAA receptor alpha-2 subunit (GABRA2)...
- Alternative splicing and promoter use in the human GABRA2 geneHuijun Tian
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Indiana University School of Medicine, 635 Barnhill Drive, Room 4063E, Indianapolis, IN 46202 5122, USA
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 137:174-83. 2005..Non-coding variations in GABRA2, the gene encoding the alpha2 subunit, are associated with the risk for alcoholism, suggesting that regulatory ..
- Endophenotypes successfully lead to gene identification: results from the collaborative study on the genetics of alcoholismDanielle M Dick
Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO, USA
Behav Genet 36:112-26. 2006..the use of endophenotypes has successfully led to the identification of genes associated with alcohol dependence [GABRA2 (Edenberg et al., (2004). Am. J. Hum. Genet. 74:705-714) and CHRM2 (Wang et al., (2004). Hum. Mol. Genet...
- Whole-genome association studies of alcoholism with loci linked to schizophrenia susceptibilityJunghyun Namkung
Bioinformatics Program, Seoul National University, Seoul 151 747, South Korea
BMC Genet 6:S9. 2005..For the genetic study of complex diseases, association analysis has been recommended because of its higher power than that of the linkage analysis for detecting genes with modest effects on disease...
- New findings on the genetic influences on alcohol use and dependenceSusumu Higuchi
National Hospital Organization, Kurihama Alcoholism Center, Yokosuka, Kanagawa, Japan
Curr Opin Psychiatry 19:253-65. 2006..Alcohol dependence is a complex disorder with a well documented highly hereditary nature. This article reviews the recent advances in our understanding of the direct and indirect genetic influences on alcohol use and dependence...
- Dimensional anxiety mediates linkage of GABRA2 haplotypes with alcoholismMARY ANNE ENOCH
Laboratory of Neurogenetics, National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 141:599-607. 2006The GABAAalpha2 receptor gene (GABRA2) modulates anxiety and stress response...
- Linkage disequilibrium, haplotype and association studies of a chromosome 4 GABA receptor gene cluster: candidate gene variants for addictionsTomas Drgon
Molecular Neurobiology Branch, NIH Intramural Research Program, NIDA, DHHS, Baltimore, Maryland 21224, USA
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 141:854-60. 2006..results delineate the haplotypes and patterns of linkage disequilibrium in this region, focus attention of the GABRA2 gene and identify modest associations between GABRA2 genotypes and addiction phenotypes...
- Markers in the 5'-region of GABRG1 associate to alcohol dependence and are in linkage disequilibrium with markers in the adjacent GABRA2 geneJonathan Covault
Department of Psychiatry, Alcohol Research Center, University of Connecticut School of Medicine, Farmington, CT 06030 1410, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 33:837-48. 2008..to markers within a haplotype block that includes the 3'-half of the gene encoding the GABA(A) alpha-2 subunit (GABRA2), on chromosome 4p...
- Do motor control genes contribute to interindividual variability in decreased movement in patients with pain?Bikash K Mishra
Clinical Pain Research Section, Laboratory of Sensory Biology, National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, National Institutes of Health, DHHS, Bethesda, MD, USA
Mol Pain 3:20. 2007..We demonstrate an analytic method that we applied to 14 of these genes in 290 patients with acute sciatica, whose reduction in movement was estimated by items from the Roland-Morris Disability Questionnaire...
- Interpopulation linkage disequilibrium patterns of GABRA2 and GABRG1 genes at the GABA cluster locus on human chromosome 4Chupong Ittiwut
Department of Psychiatry, Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06510, USA
Genomics 91:61-9. 2008b>GABRA2 and GABRG1, which encode the alpha-2 and gamma-1 subunits, respectively, of the GABA(A) receptor, are located in a cluster on chromosome 4p...
- Human gamma-aminobutyric acid A receptor alpha2 gene moderates the acute effects of alcohol and brain mRNA expressionH M Haughey
University of Colorado at Boulder, Department of Psychology, Boulder, CO, USA
Genes Brain Behav 7:447-54. 2008..In fact, recent studies have shown an association between the gene for the alpha2-subunit of the GABA(A) receptor (GABRA2) and alcoholism...
- Variation in GABA-A subunit gene copy number in an autistic patient with mosaic 4 p duplication (p12p16)Hiroaki Kakinuma
Department of Pediatrics, Kanazawa Medical University, Ishikawa, Japan
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 147:973-5. 2008..genes in the proximal short arm of chromosome 4 demonstrated total three signals for the GABRG1, GABRA4, and GABRA2 genes, but only two signals for GABRB1...
- Targeted deletion of the GABRA2 gene encoding alpha2-subunits of GABA(A) receptors facilitates performance of a conditioned emotional response, and abolishes anxiolytic effects of benzodiazepines and barbituratesC I Dixon
Department of Psychology University of Sussex, Falmer, Brighton, BN1 9QG, UK
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 90:1-8. 2008..These findings suggest that alpha2-containing GABA(A) receptors mediate the anxiolytic effects of barbiturates, as well as benzodiazepines, and that they may be involved in neuronal circuits underlying conditioned anxiety...
- Sex steroids effects on the content of GAD, TH, GABA(A), and glutamate receptors in the olfactory bulb of the male ratChristian Guerra-Araiza
Unidad de Investigacion Medica en Farmacologia, Hospital de Especialidades, Centro Medico Nacional Siglo XXI, Instituto Mexicano del Seguro Social, Mexico, DF, Mexico
Neurochem Res 33:1568-73. 2008..These results suggest that estrogens and progestins regulate olfactory bulb functions in the male rat by modulating the expression of key proteins involved in several neurotransmission systems...
- The role of GABA(A) receptors in the development of alcoholismMARY ANNE ENOCH
Laboratory of Neurogenetics, National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, NIH, Bethesda, MD, USA
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 90:95-104. 2008..Several recent studies have provided strong evidence that one of these genes, GABRA2, is implicated in alcoholism in humans...
- Gamma-aminobutyric acid receptor genes and nicotine dependence: evidence for association from a case-control studyArpana Agrawal
Department of Psychiatry, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Addiction 103:1027-38. 2008..Compelling evidence suggests that GABRA2 is associated with alcohol and drug dependence...
- An autosomal linkage scan for cannabis use disorders in the nicotine addiction genetics projectArpana Agrawal
Department of Psychiatry, Washington University School of Medicine, 660 S Euclid Ave, Campus Box 8134, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 65:713-21. 2008..Despite accumulating evidence that there is a genetic basis for cannabis use disorders (ie, abuse and dependence), few studies have identified genomic regions that may harbor biological risk and protective factors...
- Uncovering genes for cognitive (dys)function and predisposition for alcoholism spectrum disorders: a review of human brain oscillations as effective endophenotypesMadhavi Rangaswamy
Henri Begleiter Neurodynamics Laboratory, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, SUNY Downstate Medical Center, Box 1203, 450 Clarkson Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11203, USA
Brain Res 1235:153-71. 2008..linkage and association between brain oscillations and genes in GABAergic, cholinergic and glutamatergic systems (GABRA2, CHRM2, and GRM8)...
- Multiple-domain predictors of problematic alcohol use in young adulthoodJohn R Kramer
Department of Psychiatry, Medical Education Building, University of Iowa School of Medicine, 500 Newton Road, Iowa City, Iowa 52242 1000, USA
J Stud Alcohol Drugs 69:649-59. 2008..The goal of this study was to identify predictors of problematic young adult alcohol use...
- GABA(A) receptor downregulation in brains of subjects with autismS Hossein Fatemi
Department of Psychiatry, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
J Autism Dev Disord 39:223-30. 2009..We investigated the expression of four GABA(A) receptor subunits and observed significant reductions in GABRA1, GABRA2, GABRA3, and GABRB3 in parietal cortex (Brodmann's Area 40 (BA40)), while GABRA1 and GABRB3 were significantly ..
- Further evidence for an association between the gamma-aminobutyric acid receptor A, subunit 4 genes on chromosome 4 and Fagerström Test for Nicotine DependenceArpana Agrawal
Department of Psychiatry, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Addiction 104:471-7. 2009..association analysis identified polymorphisms in gamma-aminobutyric acid receptor A, subunit 4 (GABRA4) and GABRA2 to be associated with nicotine dependence, as assessed by a score of 4 or more on the Fagerström Test for ..
- Expression quantitative trait loci and genetic regulatory network analysis reveals that Gabra2 is involved in stress responses in the mouseJiajuan Dai
Jiangsu Key Laboratory of Neuroregeneration, Nantong University, Nantong, People s Republic of China
Stress 12:499-506. 2009Previous studies have revealed that the subunit alpha 2 (Gabra2) of the gamma-aminobutyric acid receptor plays a critical role in the stress response...
- Candidate genes for cannabis use disorders: findings, challenges and directionsArpana Agrawal
Washington University School of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Addiction 104:518-32. 2009....
- Altering the relative abundance of GABA A receptor subunits changes GABA- and ethanol-responses in Xenopus oocytesJoyce H Hurley
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 33:1089-96. 2009Variations in GABRA2 and GABRG3, genes encoding the alpha2 and gamma3 subunits of the pentameric GABA(A) receptor, are associated with the risk of developing alcoholism in adults, conduct disorder at younger ages, and with differences in ..
- Relation between increased anxiety and reduced expression of alpha1 and alpha2 subunits of GABA(A) receptors in Wfs1-deficient miceSirli Raud
Department of Physiology, University of Tartu, 19 Ravila Street, 50411 Tartu, Estonia
Neurosci Lett 460:138-42. 2009..naïve Wfs1-deficient animals displayed a significant down-regulation of alpha1 (Gabra1) and alpha2 (Gabra2) subunits of GABA(A) receptors in the temporal lobe and frontal cortex...
- GABRR1 and GABRR2, encoding the GABA-A receptor subunits rho1 and rho2, are associated with alcohol dependenceXiaoling Xuei
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 153:418-27. 2010The genes encoding several GABA-A receptor subunits, including GABRA2, have been associated with alcoholism, suggesting that variations in gaba signaling contribute to risk...
- Under the influence of genetics: how transdisciplinarity leads us to rethink social pathways to illnessBernice A Pescosolido
Department of Sociology, Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana 47405 7103, USA
AJS 114:S171-201. 2008..of a later wave of the Collaborative Study on the Genetics of Alcoholism reveal a complex interplay of the GABRA2 gene with social structural factors to produce cases meeting DSM/ICD diagnoses...
- Andrew C Chen; Fiscal Year: 2014..the genes encoding the serotonin transporter (5-HTTLPR), mu-opioid receptor (OPRM1), and GABA-A receptor subunit (GABRA2) are associated with the course and outcome of pharmacotherapy with naltrexone and/or cognitive behavioral ..
- David W Crabb; Fiscal Year: 2016..AUD), externalizing behaviors (including different forms of impulsive behavior), patterns of binge drinking, and GABRA2 alleles) and: 1) measures of craving alcohol (assessed by operant work for alcohol using paradigms we have ..
- Gregory L Stuart; Fiscal Year: 2015..We will also examine whether GABRA2 polymorphisms and haplotypes are associated with IPV and alcohol treatment outcome...
- Psychostimulant actions: essential role of a2-GABA-A receptors in the NAcUwe Rudolph; Fiscal Year: 2010..by applicant): Human genetic studies have linked polymorphisms in the gene encoding the GABAA receptor ?2 subunit, GABRA2, to substance abuse, but neuronal mechanism and brain regions involved are still unknown...
- Victor M Hesselbrock; Fiscal Year: 2016..the effects of CM on reducing other drug use, psychosocial problems, predictors of relapse, and the interaction of GABRA2 genotype with treatment conditions...
- ANNE NICOLE BANDUCCI; Fiscal Year: 2014..g. CRHR1, GCCR, DAT, COMT, and GABRA2) on DT (assessed via the Behavioral Indicator of Resiliency to Distress) and substance use behaviors across early ..
- Moderation of Genetic Effects on Substance Dependence by Childhood MaltreatmentJAIME LANE DERRINGER; Fiscal Year: 2010..Previous studies have identified candidate genes that influence drug and alcohol addiction (e.g. GABRA2, Edenberg et al. 2004;CHRM2, Wang et al. 2004)...
- Kim Fromme; Fiscal Year: 2016..genes related to cholinergic (CHRM2), opioid (OPRM1), dopaminergic (DRD4), serotonergic (SLC64A), and GABA- ergic (GABRA2) neurotransmission, plus an array of Ancestry Informative Markers (AIMs) to identify ethnic ancestry and correct ..
- NEUROBIOLOGY OF CANNABIS EFFECTSDEEPAK D SOUZA; Fiscal Year: 2009..Hypotheses: Polymorphisms of the genes for COMT and GABRA2 moderate the psychotomimetic and amnestic response to d-9-THC...
- Vulnerability Factors and Drinking in AdulthoodMichael Windle; Fiscal Year: 2009..The DNA from the 782 adults will be used to conduct candidate gene analyses for GABRA2, GABRA1, CHRM2, CRHR1, CNR1, 5HTTLPR, and DRD2 for alcohol and depression phenotypes...
- Pharmacogenetics of Alcohol: Treatment ImplicationsJonathan Covault; Fiscal Year: 2009..This proposal employs a human laboratory paradigm to study the moderating effect of genetic variation of GABRA2, which encodes the GABAA-receptor alpha-2 subunit and GABAergic neuroactive steroids on subjective and ..
- Danielle M Dick; Fiscal Year: 2016..abstract_text> ..
- Sensitization in Trigeminal Neurons: A Role in Migraine?JOYCE HURLEY; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- NEUROIMAGING OF HIV AND COMORBID DISORDERSLance Bauer; Fiscal Year: 2003..An analysis of change scores across groups will permit a formal test of the effects of antiviral treatment on neurophysiological status. ..
- COGNITIVE/PERSONALITY FACTORS IN RELATIVES OF ALCOHOLICSShirley Hill; Fiscal Year: 2006..New measures will be added to explore non-shared environmental effects in these families where sibling pairs are available for study (N=346 sib pairs). ..
- Treating Depression with Histone Deacetylase InhibitorsSchahram Akbarian; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- EPIGENETIC CHANGES IN FRONTAL LOBE OF SCHIZOPHRENICSSchahram Akbarian; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Chromatin Pathology in Cerebral Cortex of SchizophrenicsSchahram Akbarian; Fiscal Year: 2006..Finally, the proposed studies will provide the framework for future proposals designed to map histone modification patterns across entire chromosomes in human brain, including alterations in major psychiatric disease. ..
- Preventing Substance Use and Risky Behavior Among Rural African American YouthGene H Brody; Fiscal Year: 2010..Pre-intervention, post-intervention, and long-term follow-up assessments of adolescents'substance use and high risk sexual behavior will be gathered from the entire sample. ..
- Preventing Alcohol Use Among African American YouthsGene Brody; Fiscal Year: 2009..As in the original research, a multi-informant design that includes reports from adolescents, their friends, their primary caregivers, and their teachers will be used to collect the additional data. ..
- Alcoholism Susceptibility Genes in High Density FamiliesShirley Hill; Fiscal Year: 2009..4 cm intervals for all three generations would be combined and linkage analyses performed using the well validated alcoholism phenotype and the well validated childhood diagnoses obtained from the K-SADS. ..
- DOPAMINERGIC SIGNALING MODIFIES STRATIAL HISTONESSchahram Akbarian; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Social Network & Media Effects on Mental Illness StigmaBernice Pescosolido; Fiscal Year: 2006..This final stage creates a composite of negative and positive TV images of MI based on information collected in I, II and III to develop and carry out a pre- and post-test experimental design/analysis (N=120). [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Chromatin Alterations in Rett SyndromeSchahram Akbarian; Fiscal Year: 2009..It is expected that these approaches will provide a clear and comprehensive picture on the developmental regulation of histone modifications in cortical neurons, including potential changes in MECP2-deficient brain. ..
- Preventing Drug Use in Rural African AmericanGene Brody; Fiscal Year: 2008..The proposed research and prevention program is designed to fill this need. ..
- fMRI of the Mesolimbic Dopamine System in Risky DrinkersDavid Kareken; Fiscal Year: 2008..The work will advance our understanding of how brain function in key regions is associated with one or both of two main risk factors for alcoholism. ..
- Stigma and Mental Illness in Cross-National PerspectiveBernice Pescosolido; Fiscal Year: 2007..This knowledge can provide the scientific base for public health and treatment system interventions to mitigate the devastating negative effects of stigma on the lives of persons with SMI. ..
- Genetic Versus Phenotypic Markers of Relapse RiskLance Bauer; Fiscal Year: 2009..provided by applicant): The general goal of the proposed work is to test a theory that links the COMT and GABRA2 genes to intermediate phenotypes, and, in turn, to the important clinical problem of relapse to substance abuse...
- MOLECULAR GENETICS ANALYSES OF MULTIPLEX FAMILIESShirley Hill; Fiscal Year: 2001..The combined resources of our research team will situate us to initiate positional cloning of a gene, should significant positive linkages be found with our Stage I and Stage 11 genotyping endeavors. ..
- Assessing Change in Mental Illness Stigma Over A DecadeBernice Pescosolido; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Prenatal Virally Induced Brain Disorder in MouseSEYYED FATEMI; Fiscal Year: 2009..In addition, it is expected that the results will provide clues that will lead to fundamental advances in our knowledge of the pathogenesis of schizophrenia and, therefore, of how it can be prevented and treated. ..
- Genetic Studies of Substance Abuse in Iowa AdopteesRobert Philibert; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- A thyroid receptor co-activator hypothesis for psychosisRobert Philibert; Fiscal Year: 2005..The net effect will be to produce an independent investigator capable of functional and translational research. ..
- IRPG1 R01 NOVEL PHENOTYPES FOR THE GENETIC ANALYSISBernice Porjesz; Fiscal Year: 2003..Finally, the eighth IRPG site (Rutgers University) will be responsible for DNA extraction and cell lines, as well as a major repository. ..
- Varenicline and Smoking Cessation in SchizophreniaSEYYED HOSSEIN FATEMI; Fiscal Year: 2010..Such outcomes will be significant, because they will offer a new treatment for smoking cessation in this vulnerable population. ..
- Integrating Behavioral and Molecular GeneticsDanielle Dick; Fiscal Year: 2003..My postdoctoral training proposal is illustrative of this interdisciplinary approach, with specific application to the area of alcohol use and abuse. ..
- GABA-A RECEPTOR SUBUNITS (alpha -2, alpha -3, alpha -5, alpha -6, beta -2) AND TRANSFECTED CELLS EXPRESSING THEMPatent Number: WO9222652-A1; Date:1992-12-23