Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: FUNDC1
Description: FUN14 domain containing 1
Alias: FUN14 domain-containing protein 1
- Mitophagy receptor FUNDC1 regulates mitochondrial dynamics and mitophagyMing Chen
a State Key Laboratory of Membrane Biology, Institute of Zoology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
Autophagy 12:689-702. 2016..We have previously identified that FUNDC1 recruits MAP1LC3B/LC3B (LC3) through its LC3-interacting region (LIR) motif to initiate mitophagy in mammalian ..
- Interaction of FUN14 domain containing 1, a mitochondrial outer membrane protein, with kinesin light chain 1 via the tetratricopeptide repeat domainWon Hee Jang
Department of Biochemistry, Inje University College of Medicine, Busan 614 735, Republic of Korea
Biomed Rep 6:46-50. 2017..of the current study revealed an interaction between the TPR domain of KLC1 and FUN14 domain-containing protein 1 (FUNDC1), which is a mitochondrial outer membrane protein mediating hypoxia-induced mitophagy...
- Mitochondrial E3 ligase MARCH5 regulates FUNDC1 to fine-tune hypoxic mitophagyZiheng Chen
State Key Laboratory of Membrane Biology, Institute of Zoology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
EMBO Rep . 2017..is activated by two distinct pathways, one dependent on ubiquitin and the other dependent on receptors including FUNDC1. It is not clear whether these pathways coordinate to mediate mitophagy in response to stresses, or how mitophagy ..
- Hypoxic mitophagy regulates mitochondrial quality and platelet activation and determines severity of I/R heart injuryWeilin Zhang
The State Key Laboratory of Membrane Biology, Institute of Zoology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
elife 5:. 2016..Hypoxia induced extensive mitochondrial degradation in a FUNDC1-depenent manner in platelets, and this was blocked by in vivo administration of a cell-penetrating peptide ..
- Structural insights into the recognition of phosphorylated FUNDC1 by LC3B in mitophagyMengqi Lv
Hefei National Laboratory for Physical Sciences at Microscale and School of Life Sciences, University of Science and Technology of China, Hefei, 230027, China
Protein Cell 8:25-38. 2017..Fun14 domain-containing protein 1 (FUNDC1) was reported to be a new receptor for hypoxia-induced mitophagy in mammalian cells and interact with microtubule-..
- Structural basis for the phosphorylation of FUNDC1 LIR as a molecular switch of mitophagyYao Kuang
a Beijing Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Center, College of Chemistry and Molecular Engineering, School of Life Sciences, Peking University, Beijing, China
Autophagy 12:2363-2373. 2016..Several mitophagy receptors, including the newly identified FUNDC1, mediate selective removal of damaged or superfluous mitochondria through their specific interaction with LC3...
- In Brief: Mitophagy: mechanisms and role in human diseaseMaya Z Springer
The Ben May Department for Cancer Research, The University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, USA
J Pathol 240:253-255. 2016..PINK1/Parkin partnership, which modulates turnover of depolarized mitochondria, and stress-induced BNIP3, NIX, and FUNDC1 molecular adaptors, which interact directly with LC3 to promote mitophagy...
- FUNDC1 is a novel mitochondrial-associated-membrane (MAM) protein required for hypoxia-induced mitochondrial fission and mitophagyWenxian Wu
a Guangdong Key Laboratory of Age related Cardiac cerebral Vascular Disease, Institute of Neurology, Department of Neurology, Affiliated Hospital of Guangdong Medical University, Guangdong Medical University, Zhanjiang, Guangdong China
Autophagy 12:1675-6. 2016..We have shown that the outer mitochondrial membrane protein FUNDC1 is a novel mitochondrial-associated membrane (MAM) protein, enriched at the MAM by interacting with the ER ..
- FUNDC1 regulates mitochondrial dynamics at the ER-mitochondrial contact site under hypoxic conditionsWenxian Wu
Guangdong Key Laboratory of Age related Cardiac cerebral Vascular Disease, Department of Neurology, Institute of Neurology, the Affiliated Hospital of Guangdong Medical University, Guangdong Medical University, Zhanjiang, China
EMBO J 35:1368-84. 2016..MAM) is essential for fission of mitochondria prior to engulfment, and the outer mitochondrial membrane protein FUNDC1 interacts with LC3 to recruit autophagosomes, but the mechanisms integrating these processes are poorly understood...
- The BCL2L1 and PGAM5 axis defines hypoxia-induced receptor-mediated mitophagyHao Wu
State Key Laboratory of Biomembrane and Membrane Biotechnology Institute of Zoology Chinese Academy of Sciences Beijing, China University of Chinese Academy of Sciences Beijing, China
Autophagy 10:1712-25. 2014..We previously have identified FUNDC1 as a mitophagy receptor for selectively removing damaged mitochondria in mammalian systems...
- Receptor-mediated mitophagy in yeast and mammalian systemsLei Liu
State Key Laboratory of Biomembrane and Membrane Biotechnology, Institute of Zoology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100101, China
Cell Res 24:787-95. 2014..Several protein receptors, including Atg32 in yeast, NIX/BNIP3L, BNIP3 and FUNDC1 in mammalian systems, directly act in mitophagy...
- A regulatory signaling loop comprising the PGAM5 phosphatase and CK2 controls receptor-mediated mitophagyGuo Chen
State Key Laboratory of Medicinal Chemical Biology, Tianjin Key Laboratory of Protein Science, College of Life Sciences, Nankai University, Tianjin 300071, China
Mol Cell 54:362-77. 2014..Interactions between LC3 and mitophagy receptors such as FUNDC1, which harbors an LC3-interacting region (LIR), are essential for this selective process...
- ULK1 translocates to mitochondria and phosphorylates FUNDC1 to regulate mitophagyWenxian Wu
Institute of Neurology, Guangdong Key Laboratory of Age related Cardiac cerebral Vascular Disease, Affiliated Hospital of Guangdong Medical College, Zhanjiang Guangdong, China
EMBO Rep 15:566-75. 2014..At mitochondria, ULK1 interacts with FUNDC1, phosphorylating it at serine 17, which enhances FUNDC1 binding to LC3...
- MicroRNA-137 is a novel hypoxia-responsive microRNA that inhibits mitophagy via regulation of two mitophagy receptors FUNDC1 and NIXWen Li
From the Institute of Neurology, Guangdong Key Laboratory of Age related Cardiac cerebral Vascular Disease
J Biol Chem 289:10691-701. 2014..miR-137 targets the expression of two mitophagy receptors NIX and FUNDC1. Impaired mitophagy in response to hypoxia caused by miR-137 is reversed by re-expression of FUNDC1 and NIX ..
- Molecular signaling toward mitophagy and its physiological significanceDu Feng
Key Laboratory of Age associated Cardiac cerebral Vascular Disease of Guangdong Province, Institute of Neurology, Affiliated Hospital of Guangdong Medical College, Zhanjiang 524001, Guangdong, China
Exp Cell Res 319:1697-705. 2013..have been discovered in different physiological settings, including ATG32 in yeast as well as NIX, BNIP3, and FUNDC1 in mammalian cells...
- Mitochondrial outer-membrane protein FUNDC1 mediates hypoxia-induced mitophagy in mammalian cellsLei Liu
The State Key Laboratory of Biomembrane and Membrane Biotechnology, Institute of Zoology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100101, China
Nat Cell Biol 14:177-85. 2012..Here we report that FUNDC1, an integral mitochondrial outer-membrane protein, is a receptor for hypoxia-induced mitophagy...
- Genome-wide association scan for five major dimensions of personalityA Terracciano
National Institute on Aging, NIH, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Mol Psychiatry 15:647-56. 2010..We infer that a large number of loci may influence personality traits and disorders, requiring larger sample sizes for the GWA approach to confidently identify associated genetic variants...