Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: FTH1
Description: ferritin heavy chain 1
Alias: FHC, FTH, FTHL6, HFE5, PIG15, PLIF, ferritin heavy chain, apoferritin, cell proliferation-inducing gene 15 protein, ferritin H subunit, ferritin, heavy polypeptide 1, placenta immunoregulatory factor, proliferation-inducing protein 15
Publications357 found, 100 shown here
- Evidence for a pathogenic determinant in HIV-1 Nef involved in B cell dysfunction in HIV/AIDSSimon Swingler
University of Massachusetts Medical School, Program in Molecular Medicine, 373 Plantation Street, Worcester, MA 01605, USA
Cell Host Microbe 4:63-76. 2008..Collectively, these results indicate that the HIV-1 Nef protein carries a pathogenic determinant that governs B cell defects in HIV-1 infection...
- Binding and uptake of H-ferritin are mediated by human transferrin receptor-1Li Li
Department of Medicine, Veterans Administration Medical Center, San Francisco, CA 94121, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:3505-10. 2010Ferritin is a spherical molecule composed of 24 subunits of two types, ferritin H chain (FHC) and ferritin L chain (FLC)...
- A study of genes that may modulate the expression of hereditary hemochromatosis: transferrin receptor-1, ferroportin, ceruloplasmin, ferritin light and heavy chains, iron regulatory proteins (IRP)-1 and -2, and hepcidinP L Lee
Department of Molecular and Experimental Medicine, The Scripps Research Institute, 10550 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Blood Cells Mol Dis 27:783-802. 2001..These were further examined for association with differences in iron accumulation as measured by plasma transferrin saturation and ferritin levels, but no such association could be documented...
- Dose-dependent inhibition of diclofenac sodium on posterior lumbar interbody fusion ratesJose Miguel T Lumawig
Department of Orthopedics, Philippine General Hospital, Taft Avenue, Manila, Philippines
Spine J 9:343-9. 2009..It is very popular as a first-line treatment for acute pain, even perioperatively for spine fusion patients. Review of published literature reveals no studies done on the effect of diclofenac sodium on spine fusion rates...
- Segmental stability and compressive strength of posterior lumbar interbody fusion implantsA Tsantrizos
Orthopaedic Research Laboratory, Division of Orthopaedic Surgery, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 25:1899-907. 2000..Three posterior lumbar interbody fusion implant constructs (Ray Threaded Fusion Cage, Contact Fusion Cage, and PLIF Allograft Spacer) were tested nondestructively in axial rotation, flexion-extension, and lateral bending...
- Induction of ferritin synthesis in cells infected with Mengo virusM R Mulvey
Department of Biochemistry, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
J Biol Chem 271:9851-7. 1996..from infected murine L929 cells showed a 4- and 6-fold increase in the intracellular concentrations of H and L apoferritin subunits, respectively. This differential expression altered the H/L subunit ratio from 3...
- Mutations in SLC29A3, encoding an equilibrative nucleoside transporter ENT3, cause a familial histiocytosis syndrome (Faisalabad histiocytosis) and familial Rosai-Dorfman diseaseNeil V Morgan
Wellchild Paediatric Research Centre and Department of Medical and Molecular Genetics, University of Birmingham College of Medical and Dental Sciences, Edgbaston, Birmingham, United Kingdom
PLoS Genet 6:e1000833. 2010..In most cases the pathophysiology is unclear and treatment is nonspecific. Faisalabad histiocytosis (FHC) (MIM 602782) has been classed as an autosomal recessively inherited form of histiocytosis with similarities to ..
- Effects of ascorbic acid, phytic acid and tannic acid on iron bioavailability from reconstituted ferritin measured by an in vitro digestion-Caco-2 cell modelFuxia Jin
USDA ARS, The Robert W Holley Center for Health and Agriculture, Tower Road, Ithaca, New York 14853, USA
Br J Nutr 101:972-81. 2009..Horse spleen apoferritin was chemically reconstituted into an animal-type ferritin (HSF) and a plant-type ferritin (P-HSF) according to ..
- Outcome of clinical versus genetic family screening in hypertrophic cardiomyopathy with focus on cardiac beta-myosin gene mutationsOle Havndrup
Department of Medicine B, The Heart Centre, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen University Hospital, Blegdamsvej 9, 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Cardiovasc Res 57:347-57. 2003Familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC) is caused by mutations in genes encoding cardiac sarcomere proteins. Although available, genetic analyses are generally not used clinically...
- Diastolic dysfunction in familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy transgenic model miceTheodore P Abraham
Division of Cardiology, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, USA
Cardiovasc Res 82:84-92. 2009..the ventricular myosin regulatory light chain (RLC) were identified to cause familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC)...
- QT dispersion in alpha-myosin heavy-chain familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy miceL M Bevilacqua
Department of Cardiology, Children s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Pediatr Res 45:643-7. 1999Patients with familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC) are at risk for ventricular arrhythmias and sudden death...
- A novel missense mutation, Leu390Val, in the cardiac beta-myosin heavy chain associated with pronounced septal hypertrophy in two families with hypertrophic cardiomyopathyO Havndrup
Department of Medicine B, The Heart Center, Rigshospitalet, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Scand Cardiovasc J 34:558-63. 2000An examination of the genetic background and phenotypic presentation of familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC) with respect to specific mutations in the MYH7-gene encoding the cardiac beta-myosin heavy chain.
- Risk factors for adjacent segment degeneration after PLIFShin ya Okuda
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Osaka Rosai Hospital, Osaka, Japan
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 29:1535-40. 2004A retrospective study of 87 patients who underwent posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF) at L4-L5 for L4 degenerative spondylolisthesis.
- Posterior lumbar interbody fusion with facet-screw fixationT Stonecipher
Everett Clinic, Everett, WA 98201
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 14:468-71. 1989The optimal surgical construct for lumbar fusion remains controversial. The posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF) operation offers advantages including total nuclear disc excision, restoration of disc-space height, root decompression, ..
- Sex life and sexual function in men and women before and after total disc replacement compared with posterior lumbar fusionSvante Berg
Stockholm Spine Center, Löwenströmska Hospital, SE 19489, Upplands Vasby, Stockholm, Sweden
Spine J 9:987-94. 2009..This has led to concern as to whether anterior surgery should be employed in men, at least in younger age groups...
- Two pathways of iron uptake in bovine spleen apoferritin dependent on iron concentrationKoichi Orino
Laboratory of Biochemistry, School of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Sciences, Kitasato University, Towada, Aomori, Japan
Biometals 15:59-63. 2002Iron incorporation by bovine spleen apoferritin either with ferrous ammonium sulfate in different buffers or with ferrous ammonium sulfate and phosphate was studied. Iron uptake and iron autoxidation were recorded spectrophotomerically...
- Ferritin induction protects cortical astrocytes from heme-mediated oxidative injuryR F Regan
Department of Surgery, Thomas Jefferson University, 1020 Sansom Street, 239 Thompson Building, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Neuroscience 113:985-94. 2002..An enhanced ferritin band was detected on immunoblots from cultures that were treated with purified apoferritin, consistent with astrocytic ferritin uptake...
- Human homozygous R403W mutant cardiac myosin presents disproportionate enhancement of mechanical and enzymatic propertiesDagmar I Keller
INSERM U582, Institut de Myologie, , , 47, , 75651 Paris Cedex 13, France
J Mol Cell Cardiol 36:355-62. 2004Familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC) is associated with mutations in 11 genes encoding sarcomeric proteins. Most families present mutations in MYBPC3 and MYH7 encoding cardiac myosin-binding protein C and beta-myosin heavy chain...
- Volatile anesthetic binding to proteins is influenced by solvent and aliphatic residuesJohn H Streiff
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 901 19th Street South, Birmingham, AL 35294 1150, USA
J Chem Inf Model 48:2066-73. 2008..that exceeded minimum values observed in the VA binding sites of serum albumin, firefly luciferase, and apoferritin. We found that the structures of VA binding proteins are enriched in these pockets and that the predicted ..
- Posterior lumbar interbody fusion using posterolateral placement of a single cylindrical threaded cageJ Zhao
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Changhai Hospital, Shanghai, People s Republic of China
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 25:425-30. 2000STUDY DESIGN: An in vitro biomechanical study of posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF) with threaded cages was performed on 18 bovine lumbar functional spinal units...
- Functional effects of the hypertrophic cardiomyopathy R403Q mutation are different in an alpha- or beta-myosin heavy chain backboneSusan Lowey
Department of Molecular Physiology and Biophysics, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT 05405, USA
J Biol Chem 283:20579-89. 2008..in the beta-myosin heavy chain (MHC) was the first mutation to be linked to familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC), a primary disease of heart muscle...
- Social protection in Brazil: universalism and targeting in the FHC and Lula administrationsNilson do Rosário Costa
Departamento de Ciências Sociais, Escola Nacional de Saude Publica, FIOCRUZ, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, 21045 210, Brazil
Cien Saude Colet 14:693-706. 2009..Targeting is an innovation directly associated with the adjustment agenda. It reveals that under the FHC and Lula administrations there was an identical adoption of targeted social programs...
- Fluorescence lifetime of actin in the familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy transgenic heartP Mettikolla
Department of Molecular Biology and Immunology and Center for Commercialization of Fluorescence Technologies, University of North Texas, 3500 Camp Bowie Blvd, Fort Worth, Texas 76107, USA
Biochemistry 48:1264-71. 2009..myosin regulatory light chain (RLC) can cause a malignant phenotype of familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC)...
- Comparative architecture of silks, fibrous proteins and their encoding genes in insects and spidersCatherine L Craig
Museum of Comparative Zoology, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol 133:493-507. 2002..All of the sequenced fibroin silks (Flag or silk from flagelliform gland in spiders; Fhc or heavy chain fibroin silks produced by Lepidoptera larvae) are made up of hierarchically organized, repetitive ..
- Cage migration in spondylolisthesis treated with posterior lumbar interbody fusion using BAK cagesLiang Chen
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, First Affiliated Hospital of Suzhou University, Suzhou, PRC
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 30:2171-5. 2005A retrospective study was conducted to review the complication of cage migration in posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF) with the Bagby and Kuslich method.
- Comparative study of PILF and TLIF treatment in adult degenerative spondylolisthesisDeng Lu Yan
Orthopedic Department, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, 610041, Chengdu, Sichuan, Peoples Republic of China
Eur Spine J 17:1311-6. 2008This study is to compare the therapeutic effect of posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF) and transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion (TLIF) with pedicle screw fixation on treatment in adult degenerative spondylolisthesis...
- Low-grade isthmic spondylolisthesis treated with instrumented posterior lumbar interbody fusion in U.S. servicemenRobert W Molinari
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Rochester Spine Center, Rochester, New York, USA
J Spinal Disord Tech 18:S24-9. 2005..The purpose was to evaluate patient-assessed function/pain/satisfaction and military job performance in U.S. servicemen treated with posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF).
- PLIF with a titanium cage and excised facet joint bone for degenerative spondylolisthesis--in augmentation with a pedicle screwKoichiro Okuyama
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Akita Rosai Hospital, Akita 018 5604, Japan
J Spinal Disord Tech 20:53-9. 2007To determine the validity of posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF) using a titanium cage filled with excised facet joint bone and a pedicle screw for degenerative spondylolisthesis.
- Residual sagittal motion after lumbar fusion: a finite element analysis with implications on radiographic flexion-extension criteriaChristopher M Bono
Boston University School of Medicine, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Boston, MA, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 32:417-22. 2007..Finite element analysis of a lumbar fusion model...
- Differential effect of troponin T mutations on the inotropic responsiveness of mouse hearts--role of myofilament Ca2+ sensitivity increaseSyevda G Sirenko
Department of Pharmacology, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC, USA
J Physiol 575:201-13. 2006Troponin T (TnT) mutations that cause familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC) and sudden cardiac death frequently increase myofilament Ca2+ sensitivity, suggesting that their Ca2+-sensitizing effect contributes importantly to the FHC ..
- [Clinical classification and surgical options of the far-lateral lumbar disc herniation]Fang Li
Institute of Traumatology and Orthopedics, General Hospital of Beijing Military Command, Beijing 100700, China
Zhonghua Wai Ke Za Zhi 47:1553-6. 2009..To suggest the clinical classification of the far-lateral lumbar disc herniation and offer the considerations for clinical choice of different surgical procedures...
- Lumbar trapezoid plate for lumbar spondylolisthesis. A clinical study on preoperative and postoperative instabilityY Kamioka
Orthopedic Department, Sanraku Hospital, Japan
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 15:1198-203. 1990..For this purpose, it is considered important to prevent grafted bones of the posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF) from collapse and to maintain the achieved alignment of the lumbar spine.
- Immune complex glomerulonephritis in C4- and C3-deficient miceR J Quigg
Department of Medicine, The University of Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Kidney Int 53:320-30. 1998..glomerulonephritis by actively immunizing C4-deficient (C4 -/-), C3 deficient (C3 -/-) and wild-type mice with apoferritin. Wild-type animals with an intact complement system produced anti-apoferritin IgG and IgM antibodies, and ..
- Achievement of normal sagittal plane alignment using a wedged carbon fiber reinforced polymer fusion cage in treatment of spondylolisthesisJohn W Brantigan
South Texas Orthopaedic and Spinal Surgery Associates, 9150 Huebner Road, San Antonio, TX 78240, USA
Spine J 3:186-96. 2003..A wedged-shaped carbon-fiber-reinforced polymer (CFRP) cage implant filled with autologous bone was designed to allow surgeons to more easily achieve normal sagittal plane alignment in posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF).
- Posterior lumbar interbody fusion versus posterolateral fusion in adult isthmic spondylolisthesisPer Ekman
Karolinska Institutet, Department of Clinical Science, Intervention and Technology, Stockholm, Sweden
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 32:2178-83. 2007..A prospective study with historical controls...
- Apoferritin-templated yttrium phosphate nanoparticle conjugates for radioimmunotherapy of cancersHong Wu
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland, WA 99352, USA
J Nanosci Nanotechnol 8:2316-22. 2008We report a templated-synthetic approach based on protein-cage of apoferritin to prepare radionuclide nanoparticle (NP) conjugates...
- Evaluation of a recombinant Hc of Clostridium botulinum neurotoxin serotype F as an effective subunit vaccineYun Zhou Yu
Beijing Institute of Biotechnology, 20 Dongdajie St, Fengtai District, Beijing 100071, China
Clin Vaccine Immunol 15:1819-23. 2008A new gene encoding the Hc domain of Clostridium botulinum neurotoxin serotype F (FHc) was designed and completely synthesized with oligonucleotides. A soluble recombinant Hc of C...
- [Corticosteroid therapy and secondary elevated intraocular pressure in patients with Fuchs heterochromic cyclitis and idiopathic chronic anterior uveitis]C Heinz
Augenabteilung, St Franziskus Hospital, Munster, Germany
Klin Monbl Augenheilkd 227:413-7. 2010..This study examines the influence of corticosteroid therapy on the incidence of secondary elevated intraocular pressure in patients with Fuchs heterochromic cyclitis (FHC) and chronic anterior uveitis.
- Familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Microsatellite haplotyping and identification of a hot spot for mutations in the beta-myosin heavy chain geneE Dausse
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, U127, Hopital Lariboisiere, Paris, France
J Clin Invest 92:2807-13. 1993Familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC) is a clinically and genetically heterogeneous disease. The first identified disease gene, located on chromosome 14q11-q12, encodes the beta-myosin heavy chain...
- Mutations in beta-myosin S2 that cause familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC) abolish the interaction with the regulatory domain of myosin-binding protein-CM Gruen
Max Planck Institut fur molekulare Physiologie, Rheinlanddamm 201, Dortmund, 44139, Germany
J Mol Biol 286:933-49. 1999..In this region, several mutations in beta-myosin are associated with FHC; however, their molecular implications remained unclear...
- Outcome of one-level posterior lumbar interbody fusion for spondylolisthesis and postoperative intervertebral disc degeneration adjacent to the fusionN Miyakoshi
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Akita University School of Medicine, Akita Japan miyakoshodoc med akita u ac jp
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 25:1837-42. 2000..of the clinical and radiologic records of patients who underwent one-level posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF) at L4-L5...
- Iron(III) complexation of Desferrioxamine B encapsulated in apoferritinJosé M Domínguez-Vera
Departamento de Quimica Inorganica, Facultad de Ciencias, Universidad de Granada, 18071 Granada, Spain
J Inorg Biochem 98:469-72. 2004The dissociation of apoferritin into subunits at pH 2 followed by its reformation at pH 7...
- Surgical complications of posterior lumbar interbody fusion with total facetectomy in 251 patientsShinya Okuda
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Osaka Rosai Hospital, Osaka, Japan
J Neurosurg Spine 4:304-9. 2006Previous studies of surgical complications associated with posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF) are of limited value due to intrastudy variation in instrumentation and fusion techniques...
- Atrogin-1 and MuRF1 regulate cardiac MyBP-C levels via different mechanismsGiulia Mearini
Institute of Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Martinistrasse 52, D 20246 Hamburg, Germany
Cardiovasc Res 85:357-66. 2010Familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC) is frequently caused by cardiac myosin-binding protein C (cMyBP-C) gene mutations, which should result in C-terminal truncated mutants...
- 2D and 3D imaging of the gas phase close to an operating model catalyst by planar laser induced fluorescenceSara Blomberg
Division of Synchrotron Radiation Research, Lund University, Box 118, S 221 00, Sweden
J Phys Condens Matter 28:453002. 2016..For this reason, we have applied planar laser induced fluorescence (PLIF) to the gas phase in the vicinity of an active model catalysts...
- Negative and positive elements in the promoter region of the human apoferritin L geneP D'Agostino
Dipartimento di Biochimica e Biotecnologie Mediche, Universita degli Studi di Napoli Federico II, Italy
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 215:329-37. 1995We have characterized the promoter of the human gene coding for the apoferritin L subunit...
- Mapping of a novel gene for familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy to chromosome 11L Carrier
INSERM U127, Hopital Lariboisiere, Paris, France
Nat Genet 4:311-3. 1993Familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC) is a cardiac disorder transmitted as an autosomal dominant trait...
- Cardiac myosin binding protein C gene is specifically expressed in heart during murine and human developmentF Fougerousse
Laboratoire d Histo Embryologie et de Cytogénétique, Faculte Cochin Port Royal, Paris, France
Circ Res 82:130-3. 1998..proteins have been identified in this gene in unrelated families with familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC)...
- Gender and aging in a transgenic mouse model of hypertrophic cardiomyopathyM C Olsson
Department of Kinesiology and Applied Physiology, University of Colorado, Boulder 80309 0354, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 280:H1136-44. 2001Mutations in the cardiac myosin heavy chain (MHC) can cause familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC)...
- C5a is important in the tubulointerstitial component of experimental immune complex glomerulonephritisT R Welch
Divisions of Nephrology and Hypertension and Pathology, Children s Hospital Research Foundation, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Clin Exp Immunol 130:43-8. 2002..Glomerulonephritis was induced in mice by the intraperitoneal injection of horse spleen apoferritin (HSA) and lipopolysaccharide (LPS)...
- Lumbar disc herniation associated with separation of the posterior ring apophysis: analysis of five surgical cases and review of the literatureT Asazuma
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, National Defense Medical College, Tokorozawa, Saitama, Japan
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 145:461-6; discussion 466. 2003..Although there is general agreement on the frequent need for surgery, there is no consensus on the choice of operation. One procedure, posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF), has never been examined for effectiveness.
- C3 is central to the interstitial component of experimental immune complex glomerulonephritisThomas R Welch
Department of Pediatrics, State University of New York Upstate Medical University, 750 E Adams Street, Syracuse, NY 13210, USA
Clin Immunol 115:80-4. 2005..immune complex glomerulonephritis was induced in C57BL/6 mice by intraperitoneal injections of horse spleen apoferritin and lipopolysaccharide (HSA/LPS)...
- Measurements of OH mole fraction and temperature up to 20 kHz by using a diode-laser-based UV absorption sensorTerrence R Meyer
Innovative Scientific Solutions, 2766 Indian Ripple Road, Dayton, Ohio 45440, USA
Appl Opt 44:6729-40. 2005..flame through comparisons with coherent anti-Stokes Raman spectroscopy (CARS), planar laser-induced fluorescence (PLIF), and a two-dimensional numerical simulation with detailed chemical kinetics...
- Sarcomeric proteins and familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy: linking mutations in structural proteins to complex cardiovascular phenotypesJil C Tardiff
Department of Physiology and Biophysics and the Department of Medicine Cardiology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Heart Fail Rev 10:237-48. 2005..independent mutations in nine sarcomeric protein genes have been linked to Familial Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy (FHC), thus the clinical variability is matched by significant genetic heterogeneity...
- Naturally occurring glucagon-like peptide-2 (GLP-2) receptors in human intestinal cell linesAnette Sams
Departments of Molecular Pharmacology, Novo Nordisk A S, Novo Nordisk Park, DK 2760 Måløv, Denmark
Eur J Pharmacol 532:18-23. 2006..The human intestinal epithelial cell line, FHC, expressed GLP-2 receptor encoding mRNA (RT-PCR) and GLP-2 receptor protein (Western blot)...
- Rate coefficients for reaction and for rotational energy transfer in collisions between CN in selected rotational levels (X 2Sigma+, v=2, N=0, 1, 6, 10, 15, and 20) and C2H2Rouslan V Olkhov
University Chemical Laboratories, Lensfield Road, Cambridge CB2 1EW, United Kingdom
J Chem Phys 126:134314. 2007..microm, and the subsequent fate of this subset of radicals was monitored using pulsed laser-induced fluorescence (PLIF)...
- One-year outcome evaluation after interspinous implantation for degenerative spinal stenosis with segmental instabilityDoo Sik Kong
Department of Neurosurgery, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, 50 Ilwon Dong, Gangnam Gu, Seoul, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 22:330-5. 2007..of the interspinous implant would show a similar clinical outcome to the posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF) in patients having spinal stenosis with mild segmental instability and that this method would be superior to PLIF ..
- Decreased CHK protein levels are associated with Src activation in colon cancer cellsS Zhu
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, and Southern Alberta Cancer Research Institute, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Oncogene 27:2027-34. 2008..Immunofluorescence microscopy shows that CHK colocalizes with Src in normal colon FHC cells...
- HBx modulates iron regulatory protein 1-mediated iron metabolism via reactive oxygen speciesJin Mo Gu
Department of Biological Sciences, Seoul National University, 56 1 Shillim dong, Kwanak gu, Seoul 151 747, Republic of Korea
Virus Res 133:167-77. 2008..In Huh7-HBx, we observed that transferrin receptor 1 (TfR1) expression decreased and ferritin heavy chain (FtH) expression increased as well as reactive oxygen species (ROS) level increased...
- Lamina horizontalization and facet tropism as the risk factors for adjacent segment degeneration after PLIFShinya Okuda
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Osaka Rosai Hospital, Osaka, Japan
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 33:2754-8. 2008..A retrospective case-control study...
- [Anesthesia for cesarean section in a patient with familiar hypertrophic cardiomyopathy: case report.]Renato Mestriner Stocche
Serviço de Anestesiologia, HC, FMRP, USP
Rev Bras Anestesiol 57:665-71. 2007Familiar Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC) is a rare hereditary cardiac disorder characterized by hypertrophy of the ventricular septum and variable degrees of subvalvular aortic stenosis...
- Experience of a real-time tele-EEG serviceN Lasierra
Communications Technology Group GTC in Aragón Institute Engineering Research I3A
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 2009:5211-4. 2009..an electroencephalography service between a secondary hospital placed in Calahorra (Calahorra Hospital Foundation, FHC) and a tertiary hospital placed in Logroño (San Pedro Hospital, HSP) both in La Rioja, Spain...
- [Comparative study of treating recurrent lumbar disc protrusion by three different surgical procedures]Xianglong Zhuo
Department of Spinal Surgery, the People s Hospital of Liuzhou, Liuzhou Guangxi, 545006, P R China
Zhongguo Xiu Fu Chong Jian Wai Ke Za Zhi 23:1422-6. 2009To compare the therapeutic effect of conventional discectomy, posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF), and transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion (TLIF) on the recurrent lumbar disc protrusion (RLDP).
- [Adjacent segment degeneration after lumbosacral fusion in spondylolisthesis: a retrospective radiological and clinical analysis]P Zencica
Ortopedická klinika FN Brno Bohunice
Acta Chir Orthop Traumatol Cech 77:124-30. 2010Whereas the posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF) technique with pedicle screw fixation has shown satisfactory clinical results, solid fusion has been reported to accelerate degenerative changes at adjacent unfused levels, especially ..
- Evaluation of translation in the normal and dysplastic hip using three-dimensional magnetic resonance imaging and voxel-based registrationK Akiyama
Dept of Orthopaedic Biomaterial Science, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Suita, Japan
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 19:700-10. 2011..in vivo hip instability by comparing normal hips to hips with acetabular dysplasia by evaluating three-dimensional (3D) translations of the femoral head center (FHC) at different hip positions using magnetic resonance imaging (MRI).
- [Biomechanical stability of unilateral pedicle screw fixation on cadaveric model simulated two-level posterior lumbar interbody fusion]Jian Wen Dong
Department of Spine Surgery, The Third Affiliated Hospital of Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou 510630, China
Zhonghua Wai Ke Za Zhi 49:436-9. 2011To analyze the biomechanical efficacy of unilateral pedicle screw fixation on human cadaveric lumbar spine model simulated by two-level posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF).
- Lipid alterations in human colon epithelial cells induced to differentiation and/or apoptosis by butyrate and polyunsaturated fatty acidsJirina Hofmanova
Department of Cytokinetics, Institute of Biophysics, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, vvi, Brno, Czech Republic
J Nutr Biochem 23:539-48. 2012..association between lipid alterations and differentiation/apoptotic responses in human colon differentiating (FHC) and nondifferentiating (HCT-116) cell lines after their treatment with short-chain fatty acid sodium butyrate (..
- Iron deposition and ferritin heavy chain (Fth) localization in rodent teethXin Wen
Center for Craniofacial Molecular Biology, Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, USA
BMC Res Notes 6:1. 2013..odontogenesis, we studied iron deposition patterns in enamel and dentine using Perls' blue staining and ferritin heavy chain (Fth) immunolocalization...
- Prolonged asymmetric vestibular stimulation induces opposite, long-term effects on self-motion perception and ocular responsesV E Pettorossi
Department of Medicina Interna, Sezione di Fisiologia Umana, Universit a di Perugia, Perugia, Italy
J Physiol 591:1907-20. 2013..consisted of two half-sinusoidal cycles of the same amplitude (40°) but different duration, featuring a fast (FHC) and a slow half-cycle (SHC)...
- A bioinspired hybrid silica-protein material with antimicrobial activity by iron uptakeFernando Carmona
Departamento de Quimica Inorganica, Facultad de Ciencias, Universidad de Granada, Granada, Spain
Metallomics 5:193-6. 2013A silica-protein hybrid material has been prepared by simultaneous covalent deposition of apoferritin and lactoferrin on functionalized silica. This material exhibits strong antibacterial activity against E...
- Quantitative clinical proteomic study of autopsied human infarcted brain specimens to elucidate the deregulated pathways in ischemic stroke pathologyArnab Datta
School of Biological Sciences, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore 637551, Singapore
J Proteomics 91:556-68. 2013..The elevation of ferritin (FTL, FTH1) may indicate an iron-mediated oxidative imbalance aggravating the mitochondrial failure and neurotoxicity...
- [Retrospective and comparative analysis of therapy for degenerative chronic discogenic low back pain with end plate Modic changes with discography and intradiscal injection blockage]Chang Hui Sun
Department of Orthopaedics, Rui Jin Lu Wan Hospital, Shanghai 200020, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 93:1806-10. 2013..To evaluate the prognosticating effects of discography and intradiscal injection blockage for patients with degenerative chronic discogenic low back pain and end plate Modic changes when posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF) was adopted.
- Leukemia inhibitory factor promotes porcine oocyte maturation and is accompanied by activation of signal transducer and activator of transcription 3Thanh Quang Dang-Nguyen
Animal Breeding and Reproduction Division, NARO Institute of Livestock and Grassland Science, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
Mol Reprod Dev 81:230-9. 2014We produced recombinant porcine leukemia inhibitory factor (pLIF) and examined its effect on in vitro maturation (IVM) of porcine oocytes and their developmental competence after in vitro fertilization...
- Hyperhomocysteinemia and bleomycin hydrolase modulate the expression of mouse brain proteins involved in neurodegenerationJoanna Suszyńska-Zajczyk
Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry, Poznan, Poland
J Alzheimers Dis 40:713-26. 2014..Pebp1), antioxidant defenses (Sod1, Prdx2, DJ-1), energy metabolism (Atp5d, Ak1, Pgam-B), and iron metabolism (Fth) showed differential expression in Blmh-null brains only in hyperhomocysteinemic animals; (4) most proteins ..
- Estrogenic endocrine-disrupting chemicals modulate the production of inflammatory mediators and cell viability of lipopolysaccharide-stimulated macrophagesHyun Gyung Kim
Department of Pharmacy, Korea University, Sejong, 339 700, Republic of Korea
Inflammation 38:595-605. 2015..7 cells (RAW cells), a macrophage cell line. Among the EDCs tested, fenitrothion (FTH) inhibited the messenger RNA (mRNA) expression of inducible NO synthase (iNOS), resulting in reduced NO production, ..
- Horizontal fixation of the L3 vertebra with a tilt of less than 5° can prevent the long-term curve progression of unfused adult scoliosis: ten-year follow-up study of concave PLIF at the wedged disc below the caudal end vertebraTomoaki Toyone
From the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Teikyo University Chiba Medical Center, Ichihara, Chiba, Japan
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 40:312-5. 2015..Prospective consecutive series...
- miR-892a regulated PPP2R2A expression and promoted cell proliferation of human colorectal cancer cellsWen Long Liang
Department of General Surgery, Guangzhou Digestive Disease Center, Guangzhou First People s Hospital, Guangzhou Medical University, 1, Panfu Road, Yuexiu District, Guangzhou 510180, PR China
Biomed Pharmacother 72:119-24. 2015..cancer tissues and cell lines compared with the matched tumor adjacent tissues and normal colonic cell line FHC. Overexpression of miR-892a promoted cell proliferation and colony formation of CRC...
- Use of Ferritin Expression, Regulated by Neural Cell-Specific Promoters in Human Adipose Tissue-Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cells, to Monitor Differentiation with Magnetic Resonance Imaging In VitroChengang Song
Department of Anatomy, Institute of Clinical Anatomy, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou, China
PLoS ONE 10:e0132480. 2015..tissue-derived mesenchymal stem cells (hADMSCs) were transduced with a lentivirus containing the human ferritin heavy chain 1 (FTH1) gene coupled to one of three neural cell-specific promoters: human synapsin 1 promoter (SYN1p, for ..
- Porcine circovirus type 2 ORF4 protein binds heavy chain ferritinQizhuang Lv
College of Veterinary Medicine, Northwest A and F University, Yangling, Shaanxi 712100, China
J Biosci 40:477-85. 2015..Here, we have utilized the yeast two-hybrid assay and identified four host proteins (FHC, SNRPN, COX8A and Lamin C) interacting with the ORF4 protein...
- Comparison of biochemical response between the minimally invasive and standard open posterior lumbar interbody fusionPetr Linzer
Department of Neurosurgery, Bata Hospital, Zlin, Czech Republic Electronic address
Neurol Neurochir Pol 50:16-23. 2016The mini-invasive open posterior lumbar fusion procedure (mini PLIF) procedure is an alternative to standard open procedure (open PLIF) and is intended to reduce surgery-related trauma...
- The ORF4 protein of porcine circovirus type 2 antagonizes apoptosis by stabilizing the concentration of ferritin heavy chain through physical interactionQizhuang Lv
College of Veterinary Medicine, Northwest A and F University, Yangling 712100, PR China
J Gen Virol 97:1636-46. 2016..In this study, we reveal that a physical interaction between the PCV2 ORF4 protein and ferritin heavy chain (FHC) in the cytoplasm of host cells reduced the cellular concentration of FHC...
- Highly fluorescent carbon dots as selective and sensitive "on-off-on" probes for iron(III) ion and apoferritin detection and imaging in living cellsCuiping Han
School of Medical Imaging, Xuzhou Medical University, Xuzhou 221004, China Department of Radiology, Affiliated Hospital of Xuzhou Medical University, Xuzhou 221004, China
Biosens Bioelectron 83:229-36. 2016..The quenched fluorescence could be turned on after the addition of apoferritin owing to the removal of ferric species from the surface of N-CDs by apoferritin, making complex N-CDs/Fe(3+) a ..
- A role for amyloid precursor protein translation to restore iron homeostasis and ameliorate lead (Pb) neurotoxicityJack T Rogers
Neurochemistry Laboratory, Department of Psychiatry Neuroscience, Massachusetts General Hospital East, Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, Massachusetts, USA
J Neurochem 138:479-94. 2016..which stabilizes the iron exporter ferroportin 1; and, the heavy subunit of the iron-storage protein, ferritin (FTH). Lead (Pb(II) and Pb(IV) inhibited APP translation and raised cytosolic iron(II)...
- Validity of self-reported family history of cancer: A systematic literature review on selected cancersJonas Fiederling
Epidemiological Cancer Registry Baden Wuerttemberg, German Cancer Research Center DKFZ, Heidelberg, Germany
Int J Cancer 139:1449-60. 2016Evidence regarding validity of self-reported family history of cancer (FHC) has been reviewed only for breast, colorectal, prostate, ovarian, endometrial and uterine cancer...
- Apoferritin Nanocage Delivers Combination of Microtubule and Nucleus Targeting Anticancer DrugsSubhajit Ghosh
Organic and Medicinal Chemistry Division, CSIR Indian Institute of Chemical Biology, 4 Raja S C Mullick Road, Jadavpur, Kolkata 700032, West Bengal, India
ACS Appl Mater Interfaces 8:30824-30832. 2016..In this manuscript, we have shown for the first time that apoferritin (Apf) can carry and deliver high dose of doxorubicin (Dox), docetaxel (Doc), and combination of both Dox and ..
- The Role of HLA-Class I Heavy-Chain Interactions with Killer-Cell Immunoglobulin-Like Receptors in Immune RegulationSimon Kollnberger
Institute of Infection and Immunity, Cardiff University School of Medicine, Heath Park, Cardiff CF14 4XN, United Kingdom
Crit Rev Immunol 36:269-282. 2016..b>FHC forms of HLA-class I have been shown to bind to killer-cell immunoglobulin-like receptor (KIR) family members...
- Apoferritin nanocage as streptomycin drug reservoir: technological optimization of a new drug delivery systemB Ruozi
Department of Life Sciences, via Campi 103, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, 41124 Modena, Italy
Int J Pharm . 2016The aim of this study is to formulate and characterize streptomycin-loaded apoferritin nanoparticles (ApoStrep NPs) for their potential therapeutic use in bacterial resistant infections (i.e. tuberculosis)...
- Impact of multiple gene mutations in determining the severity of cardiomyopathy and heart failureTatiana Tsoutsman
Agnes Ginges Centre for Molecular Cardiology, Centenary Institute, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 35:1349-57. 20081. Familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC) is a primary cardiac disorder characterized by myocardial hypertrophy that demonstrates substantial diversity in both genetic causes and clinical manifestations. 2...
- Survivin inhibition by an interacting recombinant peptide, derived from the human ferritin heavy chain, impedes tumor cell growthAstrid Weiss
Georg Speyer Haus, Institute for Biomedical Research, Paul Ehrlich Str 42 44, 60596, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 138:1205-20. 2012..We investigated the potential of a novel, peptide-based survivin inhibitor in breast cancer (SK-BR-3, MDA-MB-468) and glioblastoma (Tu9648) cells. These cells express high levels of survivin...
- Human ferritin genes: chromosomal assignments and polymorphismsR A Gatti
Department of Pathology, University of California at Los Angeles
Am J Hum Genet 41:654-67. 1987..The heavy-subunit family (FTH) includes 15-20 genes and/or pseudogenes; the light-subunit family (FTL) includes at least three genes...
- Independent origin of identical beta cardiac myosin heavy-chain mutations in hypertrophic cardiomyopathyH Watkins
Cardiology Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA
Am J Hum Genet 53:1180-5. 1993..the beta cardiac myosin heavy-chain (MHC) gene missense mutations that cause familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC) in 14 families have been evaluated...
- A familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy locus maps to chromosome 15q2L Thierfelder
Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 90:6270-4. 1993We report that a gene responsible for familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC) in a kindred with a mild degree of cardiac hypertrophy maps to chromosome 15q2...
- Iron-regulated DNA binding by the AFT1 protein controls the iron regulon in yeastY Yamaguchi-Iwai
Cell Biology and Metabolism Branch, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
EMBO J 15:3377-84. 1996..A regulon of genes under the control of AFT1 could be defined. AFT1 was able to bind to a consensus binding site (PyPuCACCCPu) in the 5' region of FRE1, FRE2, FTR1, FTH1 and CCC2.
- Characterization of phenotype and cytokine profiles of T cell lines derived from vitreous humour in ocular inflammation in manM Muhaya
Department of Clinical Ophthalmology, Institute of Ophthalmology, University College London, London, UK
Clin Exp Immunol 116:410-4. 1999Intermediate uveitis (IU) and Fuchs' heterochromic cyclitis (FHC) are two chronic ocular inflammatory disorders. They differ considerably in ocular morbidity, which is higher in IU...
- Radiographic spinal profile changes induced by cage design after posterior lumbar interbody fusion preliminary report of a study with wedged implantsO Diedrich
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 26:E274-80. 2001A prospective comparative radiographic study between two geometrically varying implants utilized in single-level posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF) was performed.
- Problems of posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF) for the rheumatoid spondylitis of the lumbar spineMasahiro Inaoka
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Nissay Hospital, 3 8, Itachibori 6 chome, Nishi ku, Osaka 550 0012, Japan
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 122:73-9. 2002We performed posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF) on 7 patients with rheumatoid spondylitis (RA) of the lumbar spine with severe low-back pain and/or cauda equina symptoms, and evaluated the effectiveness of PLIF for the lumbar spinal ..
- mu-1,2-Peroxobridged di-iron(III) dimer formation in human H-chain ferritinFadi Bou-Abdallah
Department of Chemistry, University of New Hampshire, Durham, NH 03824, USA
Biochem J 364:57-63. 2002....
- Upregulation of activin A gene by butyrate in human colon cancer cell linesKei Sonoyama
Laboratory of Food Biochemistry, Division of Applied Bioscience, Graduate School of Agriculture, Hokkaido University, Sapporo 060 8589 Japan
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 284:G989-95. 2003..However, the activin A gene did not respond to sodium butyrate in the human normal colonic cell line FHC, rat normal intestinal epithelial cell (IEC) line IEC-6, and the explant of rat colon...
- Protein crystallization by using porous glass substrateL Rong
Space Utilization Research Center, National Space Development Agency of Japan, 2 1 1, Sengen Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8505, Japan
J Synchrotron Radiat 11:27-9. 2004..7930) on the heterogeneous nucleation of proteins [hen egg-white lysozyme (HEWL), thaumatin and apoferritin] have been investigated in order to develop an improved method to facilitate the nucleation of protein crystals...
- Posterior lumbar interbody fusion for degenerative spondylolisthesis: restoration of sagittal balance using insert-and-rotate interbody spacersWilliam Sears
Department of Neurosurgery, Royal North Shore Hospital, Pacific Highway, St Leonards, NSW 2065, Australia
Spine J 5:170-9. 2005..The insert-and-rotate posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF) technique, first described by Jaslow in 1946, may enable surgeons to safely and effectively correct sagittal ..
- Treatment of human bone marrow with recombinant placenta immunoregulator ferritin results in myelopoiesis and T-cell suppression through modulation of the cytokine-chemokine networksChaya Moroz
Felsenstein Medical Research Center, Rabin Medical Center, Beilinson Campus, Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Petach Tikva, Israel
Exp Hematol 34:159-66. 2006Placenta immunomodulator ferritin (PLIF) is a cloned human chimeric ferritin H chain with a novel non-ferritin C-terminal 48 amino acid sequence (C48). Recombinant PLIF-C48 exhibited cell-mediated immunosuppression...
- Bjorn C Knollmann; Fiscal Year: 2016Project Summary/Abstract Familial Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy (FHC) is an autosomal-dominant disease resulting from mutations in genes encoding sarcomeric proteins...
- Jeffrey R Moore; Fiscal Year: 2014..The cardiac hypertrophy, myofibrillar disarray and sudden death caused by familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC) results from autosomal dominant mutations in sarcomeric proteins...
- Danuta Szczesna-Cordary; Fiscal Year: 2015..by the recent identification of several missense mutations shown to cause Familial Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy (FHC), a genetic disorder manifested by ventricular enlargement, myofilament disarray and sudden cardiac death (SCD)...
- Functional Consequences of FHC-linked RLC Mutations.Danuta Szczesna-Cordary; Fiscal Year: 2012Familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC) is one of the pathological compensatory manifestations found in the heart resulting from its inability to adequately pump blood, thus leading to hypertrophy and often to premature cardiac death...
- ALDRIN VERNO GOMES; Fiscal Year: 2014..Mutations in cardiac troponin T (cTnT) are responsible for ~7% of all familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC) cases...
- Single Cross-Bridge Kinetics in Transgenic Mouse Hearts Expressing FHC MutationsDanuta Szczesna-Cordary; Fiscal Year: 2012Familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC) is an autosomal dominant disease originating from mutations in genes that encode for the major contractile proteins of the heart, including the ventricular myosin regulatory (RLC) and essential ..
- Ferritin: Protein/mRNA/DNA in Fe/O Regulation/MetabolismELIZABETH C contact THEIL; Fiscal Year: 2010..Coregulation of ferritin mRNAs, FTH and FTL, with iron trafficking proteins depends on a group of mRNA structures, the iron regulatory element (IRE) ..
- A TG model for functional effects of FHC mutations in b-cardiac myosinSusan Lowey; Fiscal Year: 2013..Mutations in the ?-myosin heavy chain (MHC) are among the major causes of familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC), a relatively widespread heart disease in humans...
- Jil C Tardiff; Fiscal Year: 2016..the known sarcomeric proteins have been implicated as causal for the disease and the familial form of the disorder (FHC) is thought to comprise over 50% of all cases...
- In Situ Sensing of Single Myosin Function in Hypertrophy DiseaseThomas P Burghardt; Fiscal Year: 2013..cardiac myosin heavy chain (MHC) and both of its light chains (MLCs) harbor familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC)-linked mutations. MHC mutants are hypothesized to disrupt specific transduction pathways...
- Structural Comparison of Strongly-Bound Actomyosin StatesDorit Hanein; Fiscal Year: 2009..One prime cause of heart disease is familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC), which is an inherited cardiac disease that frequently results in sudden death of young and otherwise healthy ..
- R John Solaro; Fiscal Year: 2016..activation via AMPK/Paki (with emphasis on the evolution and rescue of familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC);and via PKCe, and with emphasis on dilated cardiomyopathy, novel phosphorylation sites and on rescue...
- Troponin and myosin in regulation of muscle contraction and heart diseaseZenon Grabarek; Fiscal Year: 2012A number of familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC) causing mutations have been identified in the regulatory proteins, tropomyosin (Tm) and troponin (Tn)...
- Myosin structural and kinetic mechanisms that differentiate fast and slow muscle Douglas M Swank; Fiscal Year: 2012..regarding how at least 8 different mutations in the converter cause either familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC) or dilated cardiaomyopathy (DCM)...
- Spectroscopy of myosin light chain domain dynamicsOsha Roopnarine; Fiscal Year: 2010..how this is altered in muscle disease, focusing on LC mutations that cause familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC)...
- Sarcomere Length Shortening and the Destabilization of the Ca2+ Control System inLeighton T Izu; Fiscal Year: 2012..Mice expressing genetically defined familiar hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC) and spontaneous hypertensive rats will be examined...
- Molecular dynamics studies of muscle proteinsEDWARD F PATE; Fiscal Year: 2010..in the coiled-coil regulatory protein, tropomyosin, which are associated with familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC)...
- Jil C Tardiff; Fiscal Year: 2016..this regulates the biophysics and physiology of the thin filament control of cardiac function in wildtype and known FHC-linked TNT1 mutations...
- TROPOMYOSIN AND THE REGULATION OF MUSCLE CONTRACTIONSHERWIN LEHRER; Fiscal Year: 2009..g., familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC) resulting from mutations in Tm, TnT, Tnl and myosin...
- Ultrananocrystalline Diamond Microarray Biosensor for Neurochemical DetectionPrabhu U Arumugam; Fiscal Year: 2012..neurophysiological microelectrodes and instrumentation company, the expected annual sales for this product at FHC Inc...
- Animal models to study iron homeostasisRuben Vidal; Fiscal Year: 2010..promoters, these models will allow us to study the consequences of a loss of the ferroxidase activity of ferritin (Fth1 gene) and/or the loss of the iron storage function of ferritin (Ftl gene) in discrete cell populations in the CNS ..
- EFFECT OF CARDIOMYOPATHY MUTATIONS ON MYOSIN AND ACTINKATHLEEN TRYBUS; Fiscal Year: 2004..the beta-cardiac myosin heavy chain and in alpha-cardiac actin lead to either familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC) or dilated cardiomyopathy (DCM)...
- FHC Tn Mutations: Functional Consequences & MechanismsJames Potter; Fiscal Year: 2005Familial Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy (FHC) is an autosomal dominant disease, which has been associated with mutations in almost every major cardiac sarcomeric protein...
- Conjugation of anticancer drugsSwati Nagar; Fiscal Year: 2010..synthesize the major metabolites of RSV and test their role in cell proliferation with colon cancer cell lines (FHC controls, Caco-2, HT-29, and HCT-116) as our model...
- JULIAN STELZER; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- ALTERED CALCIUM REGULATION IN CARDIOMYOPATHIESP Chase; Fiscal Year: 2004..protein troponin I (cTnI) have been identified as causal in some forms of familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC)...
- LENGTH REGULATION OF CARDIAC CONTRACTIONDonald Martyn; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will also determine how phosphorylation effects are altered by FHC mutations of cTnI and how they influence stretch activation of cardiac muscle...
- Mechanisms of Tropomyosin Induced HypertrophyDavid Wieczorek; Fiscal Year: 2006..thin filament protein, cause both skeletal and cardiac myopathies, including familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC). We have deve oped novel mouse mode s whereby these mutations induce concentric or dilated cardiomyopathy...
- Olimpia Meucci; Fiscal Year: 2016..e. their ability to regulate the protein ferritin heavy chain (FHC) in neurons - andits contribution to HIV neuropathology...
- Structure Comparison Of Strongly bound Actomyosin StatesDorit Hanein; Fiscal Year: 2005..by the fact that myosin mutations have been implicated for example in familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC), the most common cause of sudden death in otherwise healthy young individuals...
- IL-21 dependent immunity to microsporidiaIMTIAZ AHMED KHAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..Preliminary studies from our laboratory suggest that FTH (Follicular T helper cells) subset of CD4+ T cells, main producers of IL- 21 play a pivotal role in the induction ..
- Deep Brain Stimulation Array for NeuromodulationRIO VETTER; Fiscal Year: 2007..NeuroNexus is leading this project in collaboration with FHC, the University of Michigan and consultants from the Cleveland Clinic...
- CLUSTERIN AND RENAL INJURYMark Rosenberg; Fiscal Year: 2004..to in situ formed immune complexes (nephrotoxic serum nephritis) and the other to circulating immune complexes (apoferritin GN)...
- Iron Trafficking to Ribonucleotide ReductasesDANIEL KOSMAN; Fiscal Year: 2006..This pool is sampled by membrane permeant chelators, the iron response element binding protein (IRP1), and apoferritin. We have shown that removing iron from this pool by either chelation or over-production of ferritin inhibits ..
- The Role of Sphingolipids in Inflammatory Bowel DiseaseASHLEY SNIDER; Fiscal Year: 2009..newly developed SK1 inhibitors as to their ability to inhibit TNFa activation of SK1 and downstream signaling in FHC human colon epithelial cells. We will examine these downstream effects by Real Time-RTPCR and western blotting...
- Software Guided Localization of the Subthalamic Nucleus During DBS SurgeriesPeter Novak; Fiscal Year: 2010..real time analytical tool that is integrated into a currently available clinical electrophysiological workstation (FHC's Guideline 4000) for use in current functional neurosurgical procedures...
- High throughput screening of a general anesthetic binding siteRoderic Eckenhoff; Fiscal Year: 2009..screen at NCGC for general anesthetics based on binding to a well characterized site in a GABAA mimic, apoferritin. The assay is based on competition of compounds with enhanced 1-aminoanthracene fluorescence...
- CAGED METAL CLUSTER AND COLLOID IMMUNOPROBESRichard Powell; Fiscal Year: 1993..encapsulated within coordination shells of stabilizing ligands, the naturally occurring hollow protein apoferritin, or new synthetic inclusion molecules...
- PROPHYLAXIS OF FETAL HEMATOPOIETIC CELLS FOR FIVAyalew Mergia; Fiscal Year: 2002..We are poised to overcome these impediments by using a virtually limitless source of fetal hematopoietic cells (FHC) which are rich in immunologically-naive stem cells...
- MOLECULAR MECHANICS OF FHC & DCM MUTANT ACTOMYOSINDavid Warshaw; Fiscal Year: 2004..mutations to cardiac actin and myosin's molecular structure have on patients afflicted with familial hypertrophic (FHC) and dilated cardiomyopathy (DCM)...
- Myosin structural regions that determine muscle shorten*DOUGLAS SWANK; Fiscal Year: 2006..highly informative as the converter is a hotspot for mutations that lead to familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC). FHC is an inherited genetic disease that is a major cause of sudden death among young adults...
- CARDIAC TROPONIN T MUTATIONS AND HEART FUNCTIONAmy Sehnert; Fiscal Year: 2003..It is clinically relevant to the human genetic disorder, familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC)...
- High Resolution Structural Biology of the SRP GTPaseDOUGLAS FREYMANN; Fiscal Year: 2005..investigation to address its structural basis are proposed: First, the structures of the apo- and nucleotide-bound Fth GTPase 'NG' domain are being determined at -~ 1.0 A resolution...
- INTERDOMAIN COMMUNICATION IN E. COLI SRPElena Falkovskaia; Fiscal Year: 2003..This aim will be accomplished using a combination of mutagenesis of Fth for labeling purposes, steady-state and time-resolved fluorescence spectroscopy to assess the change in the ..
- INTRINSIC PROBES OF SMOOTH MUSCLE MYOSIN DYNAMICSChristopher Berger; Fiscal Year: 2009..For example, FHC (familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy) is an inherited, often lethal disease caused by point mutations at key ..
- MLC2V AND 2A IN CARDIAC DEVELOPMENT AND DISEASEJu Chen; Fiscal Year: 2003..role in ventricular papillary muscle and cardiac function, and impairment of MLC2v phosphorylation will result in FHC. The overall goals of the proposal are to understand the functional differences between two cardiac MLC2 isoforms, ..
- Deep Brain Microelectrode Array For Functional NeurosurgeryJAMILLE HETKE; Fiscal Year: 2006..project, NeuroNexus Technologies, a leading supplier of microfabricated, microscale neural probes, will team with FHC, Inc...
- Views of Privacy of Genetic InformationRobert Klitzman; Fiscal Year: 2005..The findings of this study can enhance further policy, professional and public education, and future research in this area. ..
- Pak1 Regulation of Cardiac Protein PhosphorylationKatherine Sheehan; Fiscal Year: 2005..Together these data will provide evidence for a novel pathway of activation of PP2A and a role for concomitant regulation of contractile and intracellular Ca2+ handling. ..
- IMAGING MELANIN IN MELANOCYTESJulian Borejdo; Fiscal Year: 2003..The modifications are relatively simple, inexpensive and not tied to a specific brand of instrument. It is expected that the method will find application in a small diagnostic laboratory. ..
- Improved Confocal Microscope: Detection & FunctionalityJulian Borejdo; Fiscal Year: 2005..To facilitate a future commercialization, a microscope maintenance/modification company that is interested in distribution of the product version of the modification package has been identified. ..
- Cellular Mechanisms in the Pathogenesis of FHCJIL TARDIFF; Fiscal Year: 2006..Familial Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy (FHC) is a primary myocardial disorder characterized by a striking degree of both genetic and clinical heterogeneity...
- Gordon Research Conference:Cardiac Regulatory MechanismsR Solaro; Fiscal Year: 2002..Much of the time of the meeting is devoted to debates and discussion. Presentations of late breaking science from young investigator will be added from the posters submitted to the meeting. ..
- Anesthetic Bound Calmodulin:Structure Dynamics FunctionJohn Streiff; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Rotation of Single Cross-Bridge in Skeletal Muscle FiberJulian Borejdo; Fiscal Year: 2007..This is expected to provide definitive answers about the mechanism of contraction of skeletal muscle. ..
- Views and Approaches Toward Research Integrity Among IRBsRobert Klitzman; Fiscal Year: 2007..We anticipate that the data from this study will serve as a significant foundation in assisting future research and the improvement of Rl through guidelines, education and other capacity building. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..