Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: FRZB
Description: frizzled-related protein
Alias: FRE, FRITZ, FRP-3, FRZB-1, FRZB-PEN, FRZB1, FZRB, OS1, SFRP3, SRFP3, hFIZ, secreted frizzled-related protein 3, frezzled, frizzled homolog-related, frizzled-related protein 1, sFRP-3
Publications223 found, 100 shown here
- Frzb-1 is a secreted antagonist of Wnt signaling expressed in the Spemann organizerL Leyns
Department of Biological Chemistry, University of California, Los Angeles 90095 1662, USA
Cell 88:747-56. 1997b>Frzb-1 is a secreted protein containing a domain similar to the putative Wnt-binding region of the frizzled family of transmembrane receptors. Frzb-1 is widely expressed in adult mammalian tissues...
- Functional variants within the secreted frizzled-related protein 3 gene are associated with hip osteoarthritis in femalesJohn Loughlin
Institute of Musculoskeletal Sciences, Botnar Research Centre, Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre, University of Oxford, Oxford OX1 7LD, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:9757-62. 2004..protein 6 gene in all probands and the integrin alpha 6 and frizzled motif associated with bone development (FRZB) genes in female probands...
- Expression of the secreted frizzled-related protein gene family is downregulated in human mesotheliomaAmie Y Lee
Thoracic Oncology Laboratory, Department of Surgery, Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94115, USA
Oncogene 23:6672-6. 2004..Our results suggest that methylation silencing of SFRPs may be one of the important mechanisms of aberrant Wnt signaling activation in MM...
- Association of the Frizzled-related protein gene with symptomatic osteoarthritis at multiple sitesJ L Min
Leiden University Medical Center, Section of Molecular Epidemiology, Leiden, The Netherlands
Arthritis Rheum 52:1077-80. 2005To confirm the association of 2 variants of the Frizzled-related protein gene (FRZB) with osteoarthritis (OA) of the hip, and to investigate whether these variants also associate with other heritable generalized OA phenotypes.
- The functional genetic variant Arg324Gly of frizzled-related protein is associated with colorectal cancer riskKalai S Shanmugam
Helmholtz University Group Molecular Epidemiology, Heidelberg, Germany
Carcinogenesis 28:1914-7. 2007..Frizzled-related protein (FRZB, also termed secreted frizzled-related protein 3, sFRP3) antagonizes the signaling of wingless (Wnt) ligands through the frizzled membrane-bound receptors, resulting in ..
- Role of secreted frizzled-related protein 3 in human renal cell carcinomaHiroshi Hirata
Department of Urology, Veterans Affairs Medical Center and University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94121, USA
Cancer Res 70:1896-905. 2010..The functional significance of Wnt antagonist sFRP3 has not been investigated in renal cancer...
- The SFRP family of WNT inhibitors function as novel tumor suppressor genes epigenetically silenced in medulloblastomaP N Kongkham
Division of Neurosurgery, Arthur and Sonia Labatt Brain Tumor Research Centre, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 1X8
Oncogene 29:3017-24. 2010..Using a genome-wide approach, we identified the secreted frizzled-related protein 1, 2 and 3 (SFRP1, SFRP2 and SFRP3) family of WNT inhibitors as putative tumor suppressor genes silenced by promoter region methylation in MB...
- Frzb, a secreted Wnt antagonist, decreases growth and invasiveness of fibrosarcoma cells associated with inhibition of Met signalingYi Guo
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Chao Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California, Irvine, CA 92868, USA
Cancer Res 68:3350-60. 2008..We showed that the secreted Wnt antagonist Frzb exhibited potent antitumor activity against prostate cancer, an epithelial type of malignancy...
- Ferredoxin-NADP+ reductase from Pseudomonas putida functions as a ferric reductaseJinki Yeom
Korea University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
J Bacteriol 191:1472-9. 2009..Interestingly, the structure of the NAD(P) region of FprB, but not of FprA, resembled the ferric reductase (Fre) of Escherichia coli in the homology modeling...
- Delphinidin modulates the DNA-damaging properties of topoisomerase II poisonsMelanie Esselen
Section of Food Toxicology, Institute of Applied Biosciences, Universitat Karlsruhe TH, Adenauerring 20A, 76131 Karlsruhe, Germany
Chem Res Toxicol 22:554-64. 2009..b>Fritz, J., Barthelmes, H. U., Christensen, M. O., Larsen, M. K., Boege, F., and Marko, D...
- Reduction of Cob(III)alamin to Cob(II)alamin in Salmonella enterica serovar typhimurium LT2M V Fonseca
Department of Bacteriology, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wisconsin 53706 1567, USA
J Bacteriol 182:4304-9. 2000..N-terminal analysis of the homogeneous protein identified NAD(P)H:flavin oxidoreductase (Fre) (EC 188.8.131.52) as the enzyme responsible for this activity...
- Identification of the genes encoding NAD(P)H-flavin oxidoreductases that are similar in sequence to Escherichia coli Fre in four species of luminous bacteria: Photorhabdus luminescens, Vibrio fischeri, Vibrio harveyi, and Vibrio orientalisS Zenno
Department of Biophysics and Biochemistry, School of Science, University of Tokyo, Japan
J Bacteriol 176:3544-51. 1994Genes encoding NAD(P)H-flavin oxidoreductases (flavin reductases) similar in both size and sequence to Fre, the most abundant flavin reductase in Escherichia coli, were identified in four species of luminous bacteria, Photorhabdus ..
- Fatty acid ethyl and methyl ester synthases, and fatty acid anilide synthase in HepG2 and AR42J cells: interrelationships and inhibition by tri-o-tolyl phosphateB S Kaphalia
Department of Pathology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston 77555, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 159:134-41. 1999..S. Kaphalia, R. R. Fritz, and G. A. S. Ansari, Chem. Res. Toxicol. 11, 211-218, 1997)...
- The Wnt antagonists Frzb-1 and Crescent locally regulate basement membrane dissolution in the developing primary mouthAmanda J G Dickinson
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, Cambridge, MA 02102, USA
Development 136:1071-81. 2009..In an unbiased microarray screen, we defined genes encoding the sFRPs Frzb-1 and Crescent as transiently and locally expressed in the primary mouth anlage...
- Determination of flavonoids and phenolics and their distribution in almondsPaul E Milbury
Antioxidants Research Laboratory, Jean Mayer U S Department of Agriculture Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging at Tufts University, 711 Washington Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
J Agric Food Chem 54:5027-33. 2006..acids in California almond (Prunus dulcis) skins and kernels among the principal almond varieties (Butte, Carmel, Fritz, Mission, Monterey, Nonpareil, Padre, and Price) with high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC)/..
- Digital image analysis of trypan blue and fluorescein staining of anterior lens capsules and intraocular lensesWilfram L Fritz
J Cataract Refract Surg 28:1034-8. 2002..To study the intensity of trypan blue and fluorescein staining over time in anterior lens capsules and various intraocular lens (IOL) materials...
- Evaluation of in vitro growth factor treatments on fibrochondrogenesis by synovial membrane cells from osteoarthritic and nonosteoarthritic joints of dogsJennifer J Warnock
Comparative Orthopaedic Laboratory, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO 65211, USA
Am J Vet Res 72:500-11. 2011..To determine the in vitro effects of selected growth factors on fibrochondrogenesis by synovial membrane cells from nonosteoarthritic (normal) and osteoarthritic joints of dogs...
- Microarray analysis of perichondral and reserve growth plate zones identifies differential gene expressions and signal pathwaysMingliang Zhang
Musculoskeletal Sciences Research Laboratory, Department of Orthopedic Surgery, State University of New York Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, New York, 13210, USA
Bone 43:511-20. 2008..factor 4 (Morf4l1), growth arrest specific 6 (Gas6), type V procollagen (Col5a2), frizzled-related protein (Frzb), GDP-dissociation inhibitor 2 (Gdi2) and Jun D proto-oncogene (Jund)...
- Two procedures for Kirschner wire osteosynthesis of distal radial fractures. A randomized trialP C Strohm
Städtisches Klinikum Karsluhe, Karsluhe, Germany
J Bone Joint Surg Am 86:2621-8. 2004..The treatment of displaced Colles-type fractures of the distal part of the radius remains a challenge. Two procedures for closed reduction and Kirschner wire osteosynthesis of these fractures were compared in a prospective randomized study...
- [Investigation of the prevalence of Trichomonas vaginalis in women with complaints of vaginal discharge and itching]Gulnaz Culha
Mustafa Kemal Universitesi Tip Fakültesi Parazitoloji Anabilim Dali, Antakya, Hatay
Turkiye Parazitol Derg 30:16-8. 2006..vaginalis in Trichomonas medium that contained horse serum and antibiotics. While the fre-quency of T. vaginalis was found to be 1...
- HIPAA notice of privacy practices used in U.S. dental schools: factors related to readability or lack thereofAnh T Ha
Department of Preventive and Restorative Dental Sciences, University of California San Francisco, School of Dentistry, San Francisco, CA 94143 1361, USA
J Dent Educ 71:419-29. 2007..Readability statistics were Flesch Reading Ease (FRE) and Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level (FKGL)...
- Methylation of FrzCD, a methyl-accepting taxis protein of Myxococcus xanthus, is correlated with factors affecting cell behaviorM J McBride
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California, Berkeley 94720
J Bacteriol 174:4246-57. 1992..Cells of frzB, frzF, and frzG mutants also reversed continuously in the presence of isoamyl alcohol, whereas cells of frzA, frzCD,..
- Functional genomics of an anaerobic aromatic-degrading denitrifying bacterium, strain EbN1Ralf Rabus
Max Planck Institut für Marine Mikrobiologie, Bremen, Germany
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 68:580-7. 2005..global expression analysis (DNA-microarray and proteomics) of substrate-adapted cells [Kühner S, Wöhlbrand L, Fritz I, Wruck W, Hultschig C, Hufnagel P, Kube M, Reinhardt R, Rabus R (2005) Substrate-dependent regulation of ..
- Thyroid hormone interacts with the Wnt/beta-catenin signaling pathway in the terminal differentiation of growth plate chondrocytesLai Wang
Orthopaedic Research Center, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, The Lerner Research Institute, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
J Bone Miner Res 22:1988-95. 2007..Wnt antagonists Frzb/sFRP3 and Dkk1 inhibit T3-induced Wnt/beta-catenin activation and inhibit the maturation-promoting effects of T3 in ..
- An original approach to aging: an appreciation of Fritz Verzár's contribution in the light of the last 50 years of gerontological facts and thinkingLadislas Robert
Laboratoire de Recherche Ophtalmologique, Hotel Dieu, Universite Paris 5, Paris, France
Gerontology 52:268-74. 2006The motivation of this review is the 120th anniversary of the birth of Fritz Verzár, founder of experimental gerontology...
- Gene expression profiling in limb-girdle muscular dystrophy 2AAmets Saenz
Experimental Unit, Hospital Donostia, Donostia San Sebastian, Basque Country, Spain
PLoS ONE 3:e3750. 2008..As frizzled-related protein (FRZB) is upregulated in LGMD2A muscle samples, it could be hypothesized that beta-catenin regulation is also altered at ..
- Who was the man who discovered the "Lewy bodies"?Antonio M Rodrigues e Silva
Department of Neurology, Philipps University, Marburg, Germany
Mov Disord 25:1765-73. 2010In 1912, Fritz Heinrich Lewy described neuronal inclusions in the brain of patients who had suffered from Paralysis agitans (i.e., Parkinson's disease). Later, these findings became the so-called "Lewy bodies...
- Tissue restricted expression of two human Frzbs in preadipocytes and pancreasE Hu
Department of Renal Pharmacology, Department of Bio Pharmacology, SmithKline Beecham Pharmaceuticals, 709 Swedeland Road, King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, 19406, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 247:287-93. 1998b>Frzb is a newly discovered family of secreted glycoproteins that function to modulate signaling activity of Wnt...
- Influence of detachment procedure and diet on recovery of solid-associated bacteria from sheep ruminal digesta and representativeness of bacterial isolates as assessed by automated ribosomal intergenic spacer analysis-polymerase chain reactionS Ramos
Departamento de Produccion Animal, Universidad de Leon, 24071 Leon, Spain
J Dairy Sci 92:5659-68. 2009..2) STO: digesta was mixed with cold saline solution and homogenized with a stomacher for 5 min at 230 rpm; 3) FRE: digesta was immediately frozen at -20 degrees C for 72 h, thawed at 4 degrees C, mixed with saline solution and ..
- Transcriptional regulation of bone sialoprotein gene by Porphyromonas gingivalis lipopolysaccharideXinyue Li
Department of Periodontology, Nihon University School of Dentistry at Matsudo, Chiba 271 8587, Japan
J Cell Biochem 110:823-33. 2010..gingivalis LPS were abrogated by double mutations in cAMP response element (CRE) and FGF2 response element (FRE). Tyrosine kinase inhibitor herbimycin A, ERK1/2 inhibitor and antioxidant N-acetylcystein inhibited effects of P...
- A high-risk signature for patients with multiple myeloma established from the molecular classification of human myeloma cell linesJerome Moreaux
1INSERM, U847, Montpellier, France
Haematologica 96:574-82. 2011..Multiple myeloma is a plasma-cell tumor with heterogeneity in molecular abnormalities and treatment response...
- Coordinate expression of NADPH-dependent flavin reductase, Fre-1, and Hint-related 7meGMP-directed hydrolase, DCS-1Dorota A Kwasnicka
Department of Psychiatry and Brain Research Centre, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
J Biol Chem 278:39051-8. 2003..To explore expression and regulation of Nr1, we cloned fre-1, the Caenorhabditis elegans ortholog of Nr1, and discovered that it is transcribed as a bicistronic pre-mRNA ..
- New gene associations in osteoarthritis: what do they provide, and where are we going?Shiro Ikegawa
Laboratory for Bone and Joint Diseases, SNP Research Center, RIKEN, Tokyo, Japan
Curr Opin Rheumatol 19:429-34. 2007..This review summarizes recent advances and emerging challenges in osteoarthritis association studies...
- [The University Institute of Legal Medicine in Berlin 1833-2008]Gunther Geserick
Institut für Rechtsmedizin der Humboldt Universität, Berlin
Nihon Hoigaku Zasshi 62:118-23. 2008..Starting with Wilhelm Wagner, Johann Ludwig Casper, Fritz Strassmann, Otto Prokop and their successors established the Berlin School of Legal Medicine, which has been ..
- University Institute of Legal Medicine in Berlin celebrates its 175th anniversaryGunther Geserick
Institut für Rechtsmedizin der Charité Universitätsmedizin Berlin, Turmstrasse 21 Haus L, 10559, Berlin, Germany
Forensic Sci Med Pathol 4:262-6. 2008..Starting with Wilhelm Wagner, Johann Ludwig Casper, Fritz Strassmann, and their successors established the Berlin School of Legal Medicine, which has been playing an ..
- [Development of automatic navigation measuring system using template-matching software in image guided neurosurgery]Yohei Watanabe
Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Nagoya University
Nihon Hoshasen Gijutsu Gakkai Zasshi 66:131-6. 2010..Two types of accuracy index, fiducial registration error (FRE) and target registration error (TRE), have been used to evaluate navigation accuracy...
- "Frizzy" aggregation genes of the gliding bacterium Myxococcus xanthus show sequence similarities to the chemotaxis genes of enteric bacteriaM J McBride
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of California, Berkeley 94720
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 86:424-8. 1989..From the sequence we predict three open reading frames corresponding to frzA, frzB, and frzCD. The putative FrzA protein (17,094 Da) exhibits 28...
- Fritz Verzár was born 120 years ago: his contribution to experimental gerontology through the collagen research as assessed after half a centuryLadislas Robert
Laboratoire de Recherche Ophtalmologique, Hotel Dieu, Universite Paris 5, 1 Place du Parvis Notre Dame, 75181 Paris Cedex 04, France
Arch Gerontol Geriatr 43:13-43. 2006..The purpose of this review is to recall some of the details of Verzár's work which paved the way to his discovery and extended well beyond collagen aging...
- The growth of nacre in the abalone shellAlbert Yu Min Lin
Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Materials Science and Engineering Program, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0411, USA
Acta Biomater 4:131-8. 2008..Schäffer TE, Ionescu-Zanetti C, Proksch R, Fritz M, Walters, DA, Almqvist N, et al...
- Conservation of peptide acceptor preferences between Drosophila and mammalian polypeptide-GalNAc transferase ortholog pairsThomas A Gerken
Department of Biochemistry, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Glycobiology 18:861-70. 2008..determining the peptide substrate specificities of the mammalian ppGalNAc T1 and T2 (Gerken TA, Raman J, Fritz TA, Jamison O. 2006...
- Kinetics, equilibrium and thermodynamic studies on biosorption of Ag(I) from aqueous solution by macrofungus Pleurotus platypusDevlina Das
School of Biosciences and Technology, VIT University, Vellore, Tamil Nadu, India
J Hazard Mater 184:765-74. 2010..Hill, Toth, Radke-Prausmitz, Jossens, Langmuir-Freundlich), four parameter isotherms (Weber-van Vliet, Fritz-Schlunder, Baudu) and five parameter isotherm (Fritz-Schlunder)...
- Morphological changes in HAV-infected Frp/3 cells and immunolocalization of HAAgA Tinari
Department of Ultrastructures, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Rome, Italy
Arch Virol 104:209-24. 1989..Our findings seem to suggest that HAV replication occurs in close association with cytoplasmic membranes and a direct involvement of the RER seems to be demonstrated...
- [The standard textbook on racial hygiene by Erwin Baur, Eugen Fischer, and Fritz Lenz as viewed by the psychiatric and neurological communities from 1921 to 1940]H Fangerau
Institut für Ethik und Geschichte der Medizin, Universitat Gottingen, Germany
Nervenarzt 73:1039-46. 2002The textbook "Human heredity and Racial Hygiene" by Erwin Baur, Eugen Fischer, and Fritz Lenz went through five editions between 1921 and 1940...
- ["Baur-Fischer-Lenz" in 1921-1940 critical book reviews: a quantitative study of contemporary reception of racial eugenics theories]Heiner Fangerau
Abteilung für Ethik und Geschichte der Medizin des Universitätsklinikums Göttingen Humboldtallee 36, 37073 Gottingen
Medizinhist J 38:57-81. 2003In 1921 the distinguished scientists Erwin Baur, Eugen Fischer and Fritz Lenz published the book "Menschliche Erblichkeitslehre und Rassenhygiene" in two volumes...
- The Wnt antagonist Frzb-1 regulates chondrocyte maturation and long bone development during limb skeletogenesisMotomi Enomoto-Iwamoto
Department of Molecular, Cell and Tumor Biology, Osaka University Faculty of Dentistry, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Dev Biol 251:142-56. 2002The Wnt antagonist Frzb-1 is expressed during limb skeletogenesis, but its roles in this complex multistep process are not fully understood...
- Conditional mutations of beta-catenin and APC reveal roles for canonical Wnt signaling in lens differentiationGemma Martinez
Ocular Development Laboratory, Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 50:4794-806. 2009..In this study, the consequences of constitutively activating the pathway in lens during development were investigated...
- FrzB-2: a human secreted frizzled-related protein with a potential role in chondrocyte apoptosisI E James
Department of Bone and Cartilage Biology, SmithKline Beecham Pharmaceuticals, 709 Swedeland Road, King of Prussia, Pennsylvania 19406, USA
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 8:452-63. 2000..To characterize a novel secreted frizzled-related protein (SFRP) and determine its tissue distribution at the mRNA and protein level...
- Epidermal growth factor-like transforming growth factor. I. Isolation, chemical characterization, and potentiation by other transforming factors from feline sarcoma virus-transformed rat cellsJ Massague
J Biol Chem 258:13606-13. 1983..EGF was isolated from serum-free culture fluids of Snyder-Theilen feline sarcoma virus-transformed rat embryo (FeSV-Fre) cells...
- Delayed xenograft rejectionF H Bach
Sandoz Center for Immunobiology, Harvard Medical School, New England Deaconess Hospital, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Immunol Today 17:379-84. 1996..Here, Fritz Bach and colleagues discuss the importance of endothelial cell activation, platelet aggregation and other aspects ..
- Expression pattern of two Frizzled-related genes, Frzb-1 and Sfrp-1, during mouse embryogenesis suggests a role for modulating action of Wnt family membersB H Hoang
Department of Orthopaedics, University Hospitals of Cleveland, Case Western Reserve University, Ohio 44106, USA
Dev Dyn 212:364-72. 1998..We previously identified Frzb-1, a gene which encodes a secreted protein with homology in the ligand binding domain to the Wnt receptor Frizzled, ..
- The role of the FRE family of plasma membrane reductases in the uptake of siderophore-iron in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeC W Yun
Liver Diseases Section, NIDDK, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1800, USA
J Biol Chem 276:10218-23. 2001..We propose that Fre3p and Fre4p are siderophore-iron reductases and that the apparent redundancy of the FRE genes confers the capacity to utilize iron from a variety of siderophore sources.
- The function of the [4Fe-4S] clusters and FAD in bacterial and archaeal adenylylsulfate reductases. Evidence for flavin-catalyzed reduction of adenosine 5'-phosphosulfateGunter Fritz
Biochemisches Institut, Universitat Zurich, Winterthurerstrasse 190, CH 8051 Zürich, Switzerland
J Biol Chem 277:26066-73. 2002..4Fe-4S] clusters I and II observed in the three-dimensional structure of the enzyme from Archaeoglobus fulgidus (Fritz, G., Roth, A., Schiffer, A., Büchert, T., Bourenkov, G., Bartunik, H. D., Huber, H., Stetter, K. O., Kroneck, P...
- Comparative analysis of the expression and regulation of Wnt5a, Fz4, and Frzb1 during digit formation and in micromass culturesJ Chimal-Monroy
Departamento de Biología Celular y Fisiología Instituto de Investigaciones Biomédicas, UNAM, Mexico, Mexico
Dev Dyn 224:314-20. 2002..shown that three members of the Wnt signaling pathway, the ligand WNT5A, the receptor FZ4, and the Wnt antagonist FRZB1, are implicated in the formation and differentiation of the digits...
- CREB-1 and AP-1 transcription factors JunD and Fra-2 regulate bone sialoprotein gene expression in human breast cancer cellsC Detry
Metastasis Research Laboratory, Center of Experimental Cancer Research, University of Liege, Belgium
Bone 42:422-31. 2008..We found that the basic fibroblast growth factor response element (FRE) also located in the proximal promoter was a crucial regulator of human BSP promoter activity in Saos-2 but not in ..
- Identification and mechanism of regulation of the zebrafish dorsal determinantFu I Lu
Department of Cell Biology, Health Sciences Center, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22903, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:15876-80. 2011..This gradient is counterbalanced by two Wnt inhibitors, Sfrp1a and Frzb. These proteins are essential to restrict the activation of the canonical Wnt pathway to the dorsal marginal ..
- The cardioprotective effect of an aqueous extract of fermented rooibos (Aspalathus linearis) on cultured cardiomyocytes derived from diabetic ratsP V Dludla
Diabetes Discovery Platform, South African Medical Research Council, Tygerberg 7505, South Africa Department of Biochemistry and Microbiology, University of Zululand, KwaDlangezwa 3886, South Africa
Phytomedicine 21:595-601. 2014..Therefore, this study investigated whether chronic exposure to an aqueous extract of fermented rooibos (FRE) has an ex vivo cardioprotective effect on hearts obtained from streptozotocin (STZ) induced diabetic rats...
- Setsuro Tamaru and Fritz Haber: links between Japan and Germany in science and technologyHideko Tamaru Oyama
Department of Chemistry, Rikkyo University, 3 34 1 Nishi Ikebukuro, Toshima ku, Tokyo, 171 8501, Japan
Chem Rec 15:535-49. 2015Setsuro Tamaru was my grandfather. He worked with Fritz Haber in Germany on researching the ammonia synthesis process and contributed substantially to the development of scientific research and education in Japan...
- A qualitative and quantitative analysis of radiation dose and image quality of computed tomography images using adaptive statistical iterative reconstructionFahad Ahmed Hussain
King Abdulaziz Medical City
J Appl Clin Med Phys 17:5903. 2016..6 HU in water phantom images acquired at 260 mAs/FBP 120 kV and 130 mAs/50% ASIR 120 kV. The large objects (fre-quency < 7 lp/cm) retained fairly acceptable image quality at 130 mAs/50% ASIR, compared to 260 mAs/FBP...
- DREAM DIAGNOSTICS: FRITZ MORGENTHALER'S WORK ON DREAMSRalf Binswanger
Psychiatrist and psychoanalyst in private practice in Zürich, Switzerland He supervises and teaches at the Psychoanalytisches Seminar Zürich PSZ
Psychoanal Q 85:727-57. 2016The unique approach to dreams of Swiss psychoanalyst Fritz Morgenthaler (1919-1984) is presented and discussed...
- Esterase-29 (ES-29): biochemical characterization and control by two independent gene loci of a testosterone-dependent mouse serum esteraseO von Deimling
Abteilung für Chemische Pathologie, Universityät Freiburg, BRD
Biochem Genet 30:421-36. 1992..and Es-29c are distinguished, which determine absence (SEG/1), strong activity (BALB/cJ), and low activity (MOLH/Fre), respectively...
- Effect of isoflavans and isoflavenes on the infection of Frp/3 cells by hepatitis A virusF Superti
Istituto di Microbiologia, Facolta di Medicina, Universita di Roma La Sapienza, Italy
Antiviral Res 11:247-54. 1989..Among the substances tested, 6,4'-dichloroflavan and 6,4'-dichloroisoflavan showed the highest activity. These compounds are postulated to interact with an early stage (penetration and/or uncoating) of HAV infection...
- Cys5 and Cys214 of NAD(P)H:flavin oxidoreductase from Escherichia coli are located in the active siteF Fieschi
Laboratoire d Etudes Dynamiques et Structurales de la Sélectivité, UMR C5616, CNRS, Universite Joseph Fourier, Grenoble, France
Eur J Biochem 237:870-5. 1996The NAD(P)H:flavin oxidoreductase (NADPH:riboflavin oxidoreductase) from Escherichia coli, Fre, is a monomer of 26.1 kDa, which catalyzes the reduction of free flavins by NADPH or NADH...
- Transplacental delivery of the Wnt antagonist Frzb1 inhibits development of caudal paraxial mesoderm and skeletal myogenesis in mouse embryosU Borello
Istituto Pasteur Cenci Bolognetti, Dipartimento di Istologia ed Embriologia Medica, Universita di Roma La Sapienza, Via A Scarpa 14, Italy
Development 126:4247-55. 1999..Recently, soluble Wnt antagonists have been identified. Among those examined only Frzb1 was found to be expressed in the presomitic mesoderm and newly formed somites and thus its possible role in ..
- Haber's rule: a special case in a family of curves relating concentration and duration of exposure to a fixed level of response for a given endpointF J Miller
Chemical Industry Institute of Toxicology, P O Box 12137, 6 Davis Drive, 27709, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Toxicology 149:21-34. 2000..length of time (t) it is administered produces a fixed level of effect for a given endpoint has been ascribed to Fritz Haber, who was a German scientist in the early 1900s...
- Role of Goosecoid, Xnot and Wnt antagonists in the maintenance of the notochord genetic programme in Xenopus gastrulaeH Yasuo
Laboratoire de Genetique et Physiologie du Developpement, Institut de Biologie du Developpement de Marseille, CNRS INSERM Université de la Méditerrannée AP de Marseille, Campus de Luminy Case 907, F 13288 Marseille Cedex 9, France
Development 128:3783-93. 2001..Gsc acts in deeper vegetal cells, where it regulates Frzb expression to maintain Xnot expression in the neighbouring notochord territory...
- Expression profiling and functional analysis of wnt signaling mechanisms in mesenchymal stem cellsS Leah Etheridge
Biomedical Tissue Research, Department of Biology, PO Box 373, University of York, Y010 5YW, UK
Stem Cells 22:849-60. 2004..receptor-related protein-5 (LRP-5), kremen-1, dickkopf-1 (Dkk-1), secreted Frizzled-related peptide (sFRP)-2, sFRP3, sFRP4, Disheveled (Dvl), GSK-3beta, adenomatous polyposis coli (APC), beta-catenin,T-cell factor (TCF)-1, and TCF-..
- Structure-function analysis of secreted frizzled-related protein-1 for its Wnt antagonist functionRamesh A Bhat
Women s Health and Musculoskeletal Biology Division, Wyeth Research, Collegeville, Pennsylvania 19426, USA
J Cell Biochem 102:1519-28. 2007..The structure-function analysis studies of sFRP-1 clearly demonstrate the interaction of several functional domains for its optimal Wnt antagonist function...
- [History of the Entamoeba histolytica protozoan]Análida Elizabeth Pinilla
Departamento de Medicina Interna, Universidad Nacional de Colombia, Bogota, Colombia
Rev Med Chil 136:118-24. 2008..b>Fritz Schaudinn (1903) established the differentiation between Entamoeba histolytica and Endamoeba coli, Schaudinn ..
- Deletion of frizzled-related protein reduces voluntary running exercise performance in miceR J U Lories
Laboratory for Skeletal Development and Joint Disorders, Division of Rheumatology, Department of Musculoskeletal Sciences, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 17:390-6. 2009To study the effect of frizzled-related protein (Frzb) deletion in mice on voluntary running wheel exercise performance and osteoarthritis.
- Myocilin is a modulator of Wnt signalingHeung Sun Kwon
Section of Molecular Mechanisms of Glaucoma, Laboratory of Molecular and Developmental Biology, National Eye Institute, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892 0704, USA
Mol Cell Biol 29:2139-54. 2009..against myocilin, as well as secreted inhibitors of Wnt signaling, secreted Frizzled-related protein 1 (sFRP1) or sFRP3, and beta-catenin small interfering RNA...
- Expression of WNT signalling pathway genes during chicken craniofacial developmentPoongodi Geetha-Loganathan
Department of Oral Health Sciences, Life Sciences Institute, The University of British Columbia, Vancouver BC, Canada
Dev Dyn 238:1150-65. 2009..genes were surveyed including: WNT1, 2B, 3A, 4, 5A, 5B, 6, 7A, 7B, 8B, 8C, 9A, 9B, 11, 11B, 16, CTNNB1, LEF1, FRZB1, DKK1, DKK2, FZD1-8, FZD10...
- Manipulative therapy and clinical prediction criteria in treatment of acute nonspecific low back painJ M Hallegraeff
Centre for Physiotherapy and Manual Therapy, Groningen
Percept Mot Skills 108:196-208. 2009..b>Fritz, Childs, and Flynn's clinical prediction rule--a duration of symptoms less than 16 days, no pain distal of the ..
- Large-scale analysis of association between GDF5 and FRZB variants and osteoarthritis of the hip, knee, and handEvangelos Evangelou
Department of Hygiene and Epidemiology, University of Ioannina School of Medicine, Ioannina, Greece
Arthritis Rheum 60:1710-21. 2009GDF5 and FRZB have been proposed as genetic loci conferring susceptibility to osteoarthritis (OA); however, the results of several studies investigating the association of OA with the rs143383 polymorphism of the GDF5 gene or the rs7775 ..
- Readability estimates for commonly used health-related quality of life surveysSylvia H Paz
Department of Health Services, UCLA School of Public Health, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1772, USA
Qual Life Res 18:889-900. 2009..To estimate readability of seven commonly used health-related quality of life instruments: SF-36, HUI, EQ-5D, QWB-SA, HALex, Minnesota Living with Heart Failure Questionnaire (MLHFQ), and the NEI-VFQ-25...
- On the biosorption, by brown seaweed, Lobophora variegata, of Ni(II) from aqueous solutions: equilibrium and thermodynamic studiesShaik Basha
Central Salt and Marine Chemicals Research Institute, Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, Bhavnagar, Gujarat, India
Biodegradation 21:661-80. 2010..The five-parameter Fritz-Schluender model gives the most accurate fit with high regression coefficient, R (2) (0.9911-0...
- Dynamic contrast-enhanced MRI in ovarian cancer: Initial experience at 3 tesla in primary and metastatic diseaseAndrew N Priest
Department of Radiology, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, UK
Magn Reson Med 63:1044-9. 2010..performed according to the extended Kety model, using an arterial input function formed by concatenation of the Fritz-Hansen and Weinmann curves...
- Adsorption on heterogeneous surfaces: site energy distribution functions from Fritz-Schlüender isothermsKannuchamy Vasanth Kumar
Laboratorio de Materiales Avanzados, Departamento de Quimica Inorganica, Universidad de Alicante, Apartado 99 030080 Alicante, Spain
Chemphyschem 11:2555-60. 2010..approximation method are proposed for the liquid-phase or gas-phase adsorption equilibrium data following the Fritz-Schlüender isotherm...
- Eponym : de Quervain thyroiditisPontipa Engkakul
Department of Pediatrics, Faculty of Medicine, Ramathibodi Hospital, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
Eur J Pediatr 170:427-31. 2011..It is an uncommon disease in adults and very rare in children. Fritz de Quervain, a Swiss surgeon, who was an authority on thyroid disease, described the unique pathology of this ..
- The advantage and disadvantage of peripheral ignorance: the gas adsorption controversyGábor Palló
Institute of Philosophical Research, Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Budapest, Hungary
Ambix 57:216-30. 2010..his field, and tried to defend his adsorption theory in the circle of the leading experts, including Einstein and Fritz Haber. This controversy seemed vital to his survival as a scientist and as an immigrant...
- The mechanism of the modified Ullmann reactionElena Sperotto
Organic Chemistry and Catalysis, Utrecht University, Padualaan 8, 3584, CH, Utrecht, NL
Dalton Trans 39:10338-51. 2010The copper-mediated aromatic nucleophilic substitution reactions developed by Fritz Ullmann and Irma Goldberg required stoichiometric amounts of copper and very high reaction temperatures...
- Reactions of antimalarial peroxides with each of leucomethylene blue and dihydroflavins: flavin reductase and the cofactor model exemplifiedRichard K Haynes
Department of Chemistry, Institute of Molecular Technology for Drug Discovery and Synthesis, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Clear Water Bay, Kowloon, Hong Kong, PR China
ChemMedChem 6:279-91. 2011Flavin adenine dinucleotide (FAD) is reduced by NADPH-E. coli flavin reductase (Fre) to FADH(2) in aqueous buffer at pH 7.4 under argon...
- Eimeria species in dairy goats in BrazilAntônio César Rocha Cavalcante
Embrapa Caprinos e Ovinos Fazenda Três Lagoas, Rodovia Sobral Groaíras Km 04, Caixa Postal 145, Cep 62010 970, Sobral, Ceara, Brazil
Vet Parasitol 183:356-8. 2012..2%), E. jolchijevi Musaev, 1970 (8.7%), E. christenseni Levine, Ivens & Fritz, 1962 (6%), E. caprovina Lima, 1980 (2.8%) and E. caprina Lima, 1979 (1%). Moreover, E...
- Biosorption potentials of a novel green biosorbent Saccharum bengalense containing cellulose as carbohydrate polymer for removal of Ni (II) ions from aqueous solutionsMuhammad Imran Din
Department of Chemistry, The Islamia University of Bahawalpur, 63100 Bahawalpur, Pakistan Institute of Chemistry, University of Punjab, 54590 Lahore, Pakistan
Int J Biol Macromol 54:99-108. 2013..Timken and Dubinin-Radushkevich) and three parameters (Redlich-Peterson, Toth and Sips models) and four parameters Fritz Schlunder Isotherm models...
- Secreted frizzled-related protein 3 regulates activity-dependent adult hippocampal neurogenesisMi Hyeon Jang
Institute for Cell Engineering, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Cell Stem Cell 12:215-23. 2013..Here, we report that neuronal activity decreases the expression of secreted frizzled-related protein 3 (sFRP3), a naturally secreted Wnt inhibitor highly expressed by adult dentate gyrus granule neurons...
- Expression of osteoblast and osteoclast regulatory genes in the bone marrow microenvironment in multiple myeloma: only up-regulation of Wnt inhibitors SFRP3 and DKK1 is associated with lytic bone diseaseIda B Kristensen
Department of Hematology
Leuk Lymphoma 55:911-9. 2014..evaluated gene expression of osteoclast regulators (RANK, RANKL, OPG, TRAIL, MIP1A), Wnt inhibitors (DKK1, SFRP2, SFRP3, sclerostin, WIF1) and osteoblast transcription factors (RUNX2, osterix) by quantitative reverse transcriptase ..
- Robust intraoperative US probe tracking using a monocular endoscopic cameraUditha L Jayarathne
Western University, London, Ontario, Canada
Med Image Comput Comput Assist Interv 16:363-70. 2013..Ultrasound calibration resulted in a mean TRE of 2.3 mm, and comparison with an external optical tracker demonstrated a mean FRE of 4.4 mm between the two tracking systems.
- Immunohistochemical expression of SFRP1 and SFRP3 proteins in normal and malignant reproductive tissues of rats and humansJasenka Z Partl
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology Departments of Biology Pathology, School of Medicine, University of Zagreb Department of Pathology, University Hospital Merkur, Zagreb, Croatia Department of Pathology, Clinical Center of the University of Sarajevo, Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol 22:681-7. 2014Secreted frizzled-related proteins 1 and 3 (SFRP1 and SFRP3) act as Wnt signaling pathway antagonists and play an important role in embryonic development and carcinogenesis...
- Taxonomy and Phylogeny Can Yield Comparable Results in Comparative Paleontological AnalysesLaura C Soul
Department of Earth Sciences, University of Oxford, South Parks Road, Oxford OX1 3AN, UK
Syst Biol 64:608-20. 2015..Ornstein-Uhlenbeck], and phylogenetic clustering of extinction [Fritz and Purvis' [Formula: see text]]) in order to determine the degree to which they co-varied on taxonomic and ..
- Angiotensin II increases secreted frizzled-related protein 5 (sFRP5) expression through AT1 receptor/Rho/ROCK1/JNK signaling in cardiomyocytesXin Jin
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, The Second Hospital of Hebei Medical University, Shijiazhuang, 050000, Hebei, China
Mol Cell Biochem 408:215-22. 2015..Studies have shown that sFRP1-4 is expressed in cardiomyocytes, and sFRP3 and sFRP4 are elevated during heart failure...
- Pastoral Group Counselling at a High Security Prison in Israel: Integrating Pierre Janet's Psychological Analysis with Fritz Perls' Gestalt TherapyPaul Brown
The Pierre Janet Centre, Australia
J Pastoral Care Counsel 69:40-5. 2015..It combined semi-didactic scriptural input with Pierre Janet's personality model, Fritz Perls' gestalt therapy, and analysis of the group process.
- Identification of Genes Related to Growth and Lipid Deposition from Transcriptome Profiles of Pig Muscle TissueZhixiu Wang
National Engineering Laboratory for Animal Breeding, China Agricultural University, Beijing, People s Republic of China
PLoS ONE 10:e0141138. 2015..We identified that CAV2, MYOZ2, FRZB, miR-29b, miR-122, miR-145-5p and miR-let-7c, etc, were key genes or miRNAs regulating muscle growth, and FASN, SCD,..
- Expression patterns of Wnt signaling component, secreted frizzled‑related protein 3 in astrocytoma and glioblastomaNives Pecina-Slaus
Laboratory of Neurooncology, Croatian Institute for Brain Research, School of Medicine, University of Zagreb, Zagreb HR 10000, Croatia
Mol Med Rep 13:4245-51. 2016Secreted frizzled-related protein 3 (SFRP3) is a member of the family of soluble proteins, which modulate the Wnt signaling cascade. Novel research has identified aberrant expression of SFRPs in different types of cancer...
- Personalized Guides for Registration in Surgical NavigationAndrew W L Dickinson
School of Computing, Queen s University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Stud Health Technol Inform 220:98-102. 2016..study using seven femoral models derived from clinical CT scans used for hip resurfacing, a guide characterization FRE of 0.4°±0.2°, drill-path drill-path angular TRE of 0.9°±0.4° and a positional TRE of 1.2mm±0...
- Inhibition of cell-cell adhesion and morphogenesis of Dictyostelium by carnitineC H Siu
Banting and Best Department of Medical Research, C H Best Institute, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Cell Physiol 152:157-65. 1992..B. Fritz and K. Burdzy, J. Cell. Physiol., 140:18-28 )...
- The effect of lipophilic amines on the growth of hepatitis A virus in Frp/3 cellsF Superti
Istituto di Microbiologia, Universita di Roma La Sapienza, Facolta di Medicina e Chirurgia, Italy
Arch Virol 96:289-96. 1987..Results obtained suggest that the HAV entry pathway in Frp/3 cells follows an endocytic route and that viral uncoating takes probably place in endosomes and/or lysosomes...
- Wnt signaling and the activation of myogenesis in mammalsG Cossu
Istituto Pasteur Fondazione Cenci Bolognetti, Dipartimento di Istologia ed Embriologia Medica, Universita di Roma La Sapienza, Via A Scarpa 14, 00161 Roma, Italy
EMBO J 18:6867-72. 1999..Here we focus on the role of Wnts, their putative receptors Frizzled and the soluble antagonist Frzb1 in regulating mammalian myogenesis...
- RGS proteins inhibit Xwnt-8 signaling in Xenopus embryonic developmentC Wu
Center for Cardiovascular Research, Department of Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Development 127:2773-84. 2000..This phenotype is nearly identical to the effect of injection of either frzb or dominant negative Xwnt-8. Injection of human RGS2, which selectively deactivates G(q), had similar effects...
- Xenopus crescent encoding a Frizzled-like domain is expressed in the Spemann organizer and pronephrosM Shibata
Laboratory of Molecular Embryology, Department of Biological Sciences, Graduate School of Science, University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, 113 0033, Tokyo, Japan
Mech Dev 96:243-6. 2000..1996. Nature 382, 595-601), Frzb-1 (Leyns et al., 1997. Cell 88, 747-756; Lin et al., 1997. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci...
- Siamois cooperates with TGFbeta signals to induce the complete function of the Spemann-Mangold organizerM J Engleka
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia 19104 6058, USA
Int J Dev Biol 45:241-50. 2001..organizer activity in Siamois-expressing animal pole tissue, Siamois did not induce animal expression of Cerberus, Frzb1 and Xlim1, genes implicated in anterior development...
- FAD is a preferred substrate and an inhibitor of Escherichia coli general NAD(P)H:flavin oxidoreductaseTai Man Louie
School of Molecular Biosciences, Washington State University, Pullman, Washington 99164, USA
J Biol Chem 277:39450-5. 2002Escherichia coli general NAD(P)H:flavin oxidoreductase (Fre) does not have a bound flavin cofactor; its flavin substrates (riboflavin, FMN, and FAD) are believed to bind to it mainly through the isoalloxazine ring...
- Optimal marker placement in photogrammetry patient positioning systemHaisong Liu
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Rochester, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
Med Phys 30:103-10. 2003..error (TRE) of the internal lesions inside the body may be large, depending on the fiducial registration error (FRE). There exists an optimal marker configuration that can minimize the TRE...
- JAMEY MARTH; Fiscal Year: 2016..with Type 2 diabetes, and this response can be mimicked by the exposure of normal beta cells to elevated levels of fre fatty acids...
- Assessment of lung function in neonates and infantsIULIAN CONSTANTIN RUSET; Fiscal Year: 2013..Its mostly passive and intrinsically safe design features will allow its use with either fre- breathing infants or with neonates on a mechanical ventilator...
- R Dyche Mullins; Fiscal Year: 2015..characterize the function of genes identified by comparative genomics as core regulators of amoeboid motility (Fritz-Laylin, 2010). PUBLIC HEALTH RELEVANCE: Movement is fundamental to life...
- Ilene K Gipson; Fiscal Year: 2015..Of these, Sfrp3 (Frzb), an antagonist of canonical Wnt signaling, is downregulated 115 fold...
- SENSORY TRANSDUCTION IN BACTERIABarry L Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2011..Although aerotaxis requires the electron transport system, flavin reductase (Fre) reduces Aer-FAD in vitro...
- HEATHER MICHELLE FRITZ; Fiscal Year: 2015..The K01 award would support Dr. Heather Fritz's career development as a postdoctoral DVM, PhD and prepare her for independent research. Dr...
- Fast multiplexed point-of-care diabetes autoantibody detection by homogeneous FREAndrew M Arsham; Fiscal Year: 2013..The EOSCAPE-T1D will combine proprietary micro-fluidic actuators and cartridge architecture with novel lanthanide time resolved Forster resonance energy transfer detection for a homogeneous multiplexed assay for T1D auto-antibodies. ..
- Beta-Catenin Signaling and Pathogenesis of OsteoarthritisDi Chen; Fiscal Year: 2013..demonstrate that patients with a mutation (Arg324Gly substitution) in the secreted frizzled-related protein 3 (sFRP3), a Wnt signaling inhibitor, have a predisposition for the development of OA...
- Kenneth W Bayles; Fiscal Year: 2016..Kielian). The cores include: Biofilm Growth and Analysis Core (Core A, J. Bose);Bioimaging Core (Core B, T. Fritz);and Administrative Core (Core C, K. Bayles)...
- Mi Hyeon Jang; Fiscal Year: 2014..Interestingly, our preliminary studies have suggested that sFRP3 serves as a substrate for activity-dependent modulation caused by treatment of antidepressant such as ..
- Matthew D Hirschey; Fiscal Year: 2016..b>Fritz will focus on the proteomic mapping studies, as well as in vivo mouse physiology experiments...
- Developmental control of cell polarity in vertebrate embryos.John B Wallingford; Fiscal Year: 2010..This proposal will examine the role of the PCP protein, Fritz, in ciliogenesis and convergent extension...
- Plasticity and Regulation in Xenopus Anterior-Posterior PatterningMargaret S Saha; Fiscal Year: 2013..neural determination pathway (FoxD5, Geminin, Sox2);and genes encoding key anterior-posterior signaling molecules (Frzb-1, xWnt8, and FGF8)...
- Caregiver Quality of Life in Pediatric Asthma: Family and Cultural PredictorsRobin S Everhart; Fiscal Year: 2011..b>Fritz, G. Canino, PIs), will be analyzed...
- Wearable Organic Electric Film RFID Sensors for Monitoring of Airborne ToxicantsRadislav A Potyrailo; Fiscal Year: 2010..devel- oped at GE Global Research that utilizes resonant antenna structures of passive inductively coupled radio-fre- quency identification (RFID) sensors with organic electronic films that will serve as analyte-sensing coatings...
- RAHUL CHANDRAKANT DEO; Fiscal Year: 2014..Dr. Deo will be co-mentored by Frederick 'Fritz'Roth, an associate professor in the Department of Biological Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology at HMS and ..
- Sally Temple; Fiscal Year: 2014..data indicate that AN commitment in hESCs is accompanied by marked increases in the WNT antagonists DKK1 and FRZB, indicating an evolutionary conserved mechanism...
- Qing Zeng; Fiscal Year: 2015..All interested individuals will be fre to contribute as much as they desire...
- HG METABOLIZING BACTERIA IN SUBJECTS WITH DENTAL AMALGAMAnne Summers; Fiscal Year: 1990..Dr. Fritz Lorscheider and his colleagues at the University of Calgary have assessed the specific organ burden arising from ..
- PROTEIN SORTING TO ENDOTHELIAL CELL SECRETORY GRANULESYvonne Datta; Fiscal Year: 2001..The sponsorships of Dr. Ewenstein and Dr. Fritz Bach along with the guidance from advisors Dr. Robert Handin and Dr...
- FGF SIGNALING AND PITUITARY TUMORIGENESISANDREW BRADFORD; Fiscal Year: 2001..mutagenesis with functional analysis of the PRL promoter using a luciferase assay, production of heterologous FRE promoter constructs which can be inserted upstream of a minimal viral promoter, insertion of PRL promoter element ..
- THE ROLE(S) OF FRZB CHICK SOMITE PATTERNINGLAURA BURRUS; Fiscal Year: 1999..Recently, an antagonist of Wnt activity, called frzb, has been identified in a number of species (for review, see Moon et al, 1997)...
- Development of the Vertebrate Primary MouthHazel Sive; Fiscal Year: 2007..Two genes that came out of this analysis are fgf8 and the Wnt pathway inhibitor, frzb1, and preliminary data indicates that both are essential for primary mouth formation...
- Role of Frzb-1 in Chick MelanogenesisLAURA BURRUS; Fiscal Year: 2002..The expression of Frzb-1, a secreted antagonist of Wnt activity, in the neural tube during neurogenic and gliogenic specification, but not ..
- FRZB PROFILES AS OSTEOARTHRITIS BIOMARKERSMARY CORR; Fiscal Year: 2004..familial OA have mapped a major susceptibility locus to chromosome 2q31, a region that encodes FRZB [also known as SFRP3], a SFRP family member that antagonizes wnt signaling...
- IN VITRO CHONDROGENESIS OF BONE MARROW MESENCHYMAL CELLSBrian Johnstone; Fiscal Year: 2004..progression; (2) to characterize the Wnt pathways that operate during progression; and (3) to determine the role of Frzb, the Wnt binding protein expressed during chondrogenesis...
- Adolescent-Parent-Provider Communication in Latinos with AsthmaBarbara Jandasek; Fiscal Year: 2009..b>Fritz)...
- Cumulative Risks and Asthma Morbidity in Urban ChildrenDaphne Koinis Mitchell; Fiscal Year: 2004..be integrated into an NIH funded Center for Asthma Disparities (U01-HIO72438-01; Principal Investigator Gregory Fritz) at Brown Medical School...
- RETROSPECTIVE IMAGE REGISTRATION EVALUATIONJ Fitzpatrick; Fiscal Year: 2003..The objective assessment provided by this project should foster improvement of the accuracy of retrospective registration techniques. ..
- Skin Adaptation to Mechanical StressJoan Sanders; Fiscal Year: 2006..By understanding the process of skin adaptation (natural skin strengthening) at both a cellular and molecular level, therapies to encourage skin adaptation before breakdown occurs can be intelligently pursued. ..
- Collagen signaling in plateletsMark Kahn; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies will help define the pathogenesis of stroke and myocardial infarction at the molecular level and will lay the foundation for novel therapies to treat these diseases. ..
- INTERFACE MECHANICS, MATERIALS AND TISSUE RESPONSEJoan Sanders; Fiscal Year: 2007..The development of methods to predict and overcome the detrimental effects of residual limb shape change and ultimately prevent soft-tissue breakdown will help to prevent secondary disability and morbidity in the amputee population. ..
- Robotic MastoidectomyRobert Labadie; Fiscal Year: 2008..It is hypothesized that this strategy will be more efficient than either the human or robotic interventions examined in Specific Aim 2. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- INTERFACE MECHANICS, MATERIALS, AND TISSUE RESPONSEJoan Sanders; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Motor Learning for the Control of an Assistive DeviceFerdinando Mussa Ivaldi; Fiscal Year: 2008..The results of these studies are expected to guide the development of new technology for assistive devices based on human motor learning and on engineering of adaptive control. Project Description Page 6 ..
- RETROSPECTIVE IMAGE REGISTRATION EVALUATIONJ Fitzpatrick; Fiscal Year: 2002..The objective assessment provided by this project should foster improvement of the accuracy of retrospective registration techniques. ..
- NEW BIOMATERIALS TO MINIMIZE SCAR TISSUE FORMATIONJoan Sanders; Fiscal Year: 2002..e. soft-tissue complications that require surgical repair through use of a biomaterial. The new materials will prevent scar tissue formation and reduce the occurrence of secondary complications. ..
- GENETIC ANALYSIS OF PREHAIR MORPHOGENESISPaul Adler; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- INTERFACE MECHANICS, MATERIALS, AND TISSUE RESPONSEJoan Sanders; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Chemoprevention in Mice after Tobacco Smoke ExposureHanspeter Witschi; Fiscal Year: 2004..Eventually, these preclinical studies in an animal model of "former smokers" will help to evaluate the potential usefulness and also possible dosage regimens of chemopreventive agents characterized by their suppressing action. ..
- T CELL DEVELOPMENTFrederick Alt; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Assessment of Tissue Response to StressJoan Sanders; Fiscal Year: 2006..this technology could be applied to other areas of rehabilitation, for example, shoe design for patients with insensate feet, cushion design for wheelchair users, and mattress design for bedridden patients [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Image-Guided Otologic SurgeryRobert Labadie; Fiscal Year: 2004..It is anticipated that this system will make ear surgery safer and more efficient. ..
- Regulation of vascular development and function by LKLFMark L Kahn; Fiscal Year: 2010..Understanding the mechanism by which LKLF regulates genetic responses in the developing and mature vasculature is expected to provide new insights into the pathogenesis and treatment of human vascular diseases. ..
- Functional Remapping of Hand ControlFERDINANDO ALESSANDRO MUSSA IVALDI; Fiscal Year: 2010..expected that this study will identify new means for exploiting the ability of the nervous system to reorganize itself so as to facilitate training novel hand movements and to recover skills lost to stroke and other neuromotor disorders ..
- Molecular & Behavioral Effects of Low Level Mn ExposureTOMAS GUILARTE; Fiscal Year: 2008..The knowledge gained will help set future public health policies and guidelines to limit Mn exposures in occupational settings and to the general population. ..