Gene Symbol: FRMD7
Description: FERM domain containing 7
Alias: NYS, NYS1, XIPAN, FERM domain-containing protein 7
Publications167 found, 100 shown here
- Congenital nystagmus in a (46,XX/45,X) mosaic woman from a family with X-linked congenital nystagmusD H Gutmann
Department of Neurology, Hospital, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia
Am J Med Genet 39:167-9. 1991..We report on a multigeneration family with X-linked congenital nystagmus with an affected woman. She was a (46,XX/45,X) mosaic. Magnetic resonance images of the brain of affected individuals were normal...
- A gene for X-linked idiopathic congenital nystagmus (NYS1) maps to chromosome Xp11.4-p11.3A Cabot
Unite de Recherches sur les Handicaps Genetiques de l Enfant, Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U393, Hopital des Enfants Malades, Paris, France
Am J Hum Genet 64:1141-6. 1999..In this article, we report the mapping of a gene for X-linked dominant CN (NYS1) to the short arm of chromosome X, by showing close linkage of NYS1 to polymorphic markers on chromosome Xp11.4-p11...
- Linkage analysis of two families with X-linked recessive congenital motor nystagmusXiangming Guo
Key Laboratory of Ophthalmology of the Ministry of Education, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, People s Republic of China
J Hum Genet 51:76-80. 2006..The nystagmus in these two families is linked to markers in the region of chromosome Xq23-q27, including DXS1001, DXS8009, and DXS1047. DXS1047 gave the highest lod score of 3.53 at theta = 0...
- Mutations in FRMD7, a newly identified member of the FERM family, cause X-linked idiopathic congenital nystagmusPatrick Tarpey
Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Hinxton, Cambridge CB10 1SA, UK
Nat Genet 38:1242-4. 2006..We identified 22 mutations in FRMD7 in 26 families with X-linked idiopathic congenital nystagmus...
- FRMD7 mutations in Chinese families with X-linked congenital motor nystagmusQingjiong Zhang
State Key Laboratory of Ophthalmology, Zhongshan Ophthalmic Center, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, China
Mol Vis 13:1375-8. 2007..To identify mutations causing X-linked congenital motor nystagmus (XL-CMN) in Chinese families...
- Allelic variation of the FRMD7 gene in congenital idiopathic nystagmusJames E Self
Clinical Neurosciences Division, University of Southampton, Southampton, England
Arch Ophthalmol 125:1255-63. 2007To perform a genotype-phenotype correlation study in an X-linked congenital idiopathic nystagmus pedigree (pedigree 1) and to assess the allelic variance of the FRMD7 gene in congenital idiopathic nystagmus.
- Novel mutations of the FRMD7 gene in X-linked congenital motor nystagmusBaorong Zhang
Department of Neurology, Second Affiliated Hospital, College of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China
Mol Vis 13:1674-9. 2007..Recently, the FRMD7 gene mutation has been identified as the genetic cause of CMN...
- Skewed X inactivation in an X linked nystagmus family resulted from a novel, p.R229G, missense mutation in the FRMD7 geneY Kaplan
Department of Neurology, Gaziosmanpasa University, Medical Faculty, Tokat, Turkey
Br J Ophthalmol 92:135-41. 2008This study aimed to identify the underlying genetic defect of a large Turkish X linked nystagmus (NYS) family.
- X-linked idiopathic infantile nystagmus associated with a missense mutation in FRMD7Alan Shiels
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Mol Vis 13:2233-41. 2007..Here we map and identify the genetic mutation underlying X-linked idiopathic infantile nystagmus (XL-IIN) segregating in two Caucasian-American families...
- A novel mutation in FRMD7 causing X-linked idiopathic congenital nystagmus in a large familyXiang He
Department of Genetics, National Research Institute for Family Planning, Beijing, China
Mol Vis 14:56-60. 2008..To identify the gene responsible for causing an X-linked idiopathic congenital nystagmus (XLICN) in a six-generation Chinese family...
- Phenotypical characteristics of idiopathic infantile nystagmus with and without mutations in FRMD7Shery Thomas
Ophthalmology Group, University of Leicester, Leicester, UK
Brain 131:1259-67. 2008..The familial form is most commonly X-linked. We recently found mutations in a novel gene FRMD7 (Xq26...
- Five novel mutations of the FRMD7 gene in Chinese families with X-linked infantile nystagmusNingdong Li
Tianjin Eye Hospital, Tianjin Eye Institute, Tianjin, People s Republic of China
Mol Vis 14:733-8. 2008..Recently, mutations in FRMD7 were found to be responsible for X-linked idiopathic infantile nystagmus ...
- A novel frameshift mutation in FRMD7 causing X-linked idiopathic congenital nystagmusXiang He
Department of Genetics, National Research Institute for Family Planning, Beijing, China
Genet Test 12:607-13. 2008..ICN (XLICN) with incomplete penetrance in females is the most common inheritance form, and FERM domain containing (FRMD7) mutation is the major reason for XLICN families...
- The nystagmus-associated FRMD7 gene regulates neuronal outgrowth and developmentJoanne Betts-Henderson
MRC Toxicology Unit, University of Leicester, Leicester, UK
Hum Mol Genet 19:342-51. 2010Mutations in the gene encoding FERM domain-containing 7 protein (FRMD7) are recognized as an important cause of X-linked idiopathic infantile nystagmus (IIN)...
- Clinical and oculomotor characteristics of albinism compared to FRMD7 associated infantile nystagmusAnil Kumar
Ophthalmology Group, University of Leicester, Faculty of Medicine and Biological Sciences, Leicester Royal Infirmary, Leicester, United Kingdom
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 52:2306-13. 2011..The present aim is to compare the oculomotor characteristics and other associated clinical features of albinism and a genetically homogenous group of IIN volunteers where the nystagmus is associated with FRMD7 mutations.
- The clinical and molecular genetic features of idiopathic infantile periodic alternating nystagmusMervyn G Thomas
Ophthalmology Group, School of Medicine, University of Leicester, RKCSB, PO Box 65, Leicester LE2 7LX, UK
Brain 134:892-902. 2011..We previously identified the FRMD7 gene on chromosome Xq26 (NYS1 locus); mutations of FRMD7 are causative of idiopathic infantile nystagmus ..
- Investigation of the gene mutations in two Chinese families with X-linked infantile nystagmusNingdong Li
Tianjin Medical University, Tianjin, The People s Republic of China
Mol Vis 17:461-8. 2011..infantile nystagmus in two Chinese families (NYS003 and NYS008), of which the NYS003 family was assigned to the FERM domain-containing 7 (FRMD7) gene linked region in our previous study, and no mutations were found by direct sequencing.
- Expression and localization of FRMD7 in human fetal brain, and a role for F-actinJiali Pu
Department of Neurology Key Laboratory of Cancer Prevention and Intervention, China National Ministry of Education, 2nd Affiliated Hospital, School of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China
Mol Vis 17:591-7. 2011FERM domain containing 7 (FRMD7) is a member of the four-point-one, ezrin, radixin, moesin (FERM) family of proteins, and has been reported to cause X-linked idiopathic congenital nystagmus (ICN), a disease which affects ocular motor ..
- A novel frame-shift mutation in FRMD7 causes X-linked idiopathic congenital nystagmus in a Chinese familyWei Du
Department of Ophthalmology, Peking University 3rd Hospital, Beijing, PR China
Mol Vis 17:2765-8. 2011To screen mutations in the FERM domain-containing 7 (FRMD7) gene in a Chinese family with X-linked idiopathic congenital nystagmus (ICN).
- Identification of a novel FRMD7 splice variant and functional analysis of two FRMD7 transcripts during human NT2 cell differentiationYingzhi Li
Department of Neurology, Second Affiliated Hospital, Zhejiang University School of Medicine, Hangzhou, China
Mol Vis 17:2986-96. 2011b>FERM domain containing protein 7 (FRMD7) mutations are associated with X-linked idiopathic congenital nystagmus (ICN)...
- A novel splicing mutation of the FRMD7 gene in a Chinese family with X-linked congenital nystagmusYing Hu
Department of Ophthalmology, The 2nd Affiliated Hospital of Harbin Medical University, Harbin, China
Mol Vis 18:87-91. 2012..To identify a potential pathogenic mutation in a four-generation Chinese family with X-linked congenital nystagmus (XLCN)...
- Novel homozygous, heterozygous and hemizygous FRMD7 gene mutations segregated in the same consanguineous family with congenital X-linked nystagmusUppala Radhakrishna
Department of Genetic Medicine and Development, University of Geneva Medical School, 1 rue Michel Servet, Geneva, Switzerland
Eur J Hum Genet 20:1032-6. 2012..To date, 44 different FRMD7 gene mutations have been found to be etiological factors for the NYS1 locus at Xq26-q27...
- A novel interaction between FRMD7 and CASK: evidence for a causal role in idiopathic infantile nystagmusRachel J Watkins
Department of Biochemistry, University of Leicester, Leicester, UK
Hum Mol Genet 22:2105-18. 2013..nystagmus (IIN) is a genetically heterogeneous disorder of eye movement that can be caused by mutations in the FRMD7 gene that encodes a FERM domain protein...
- Novel mutations in FRMD7 in X-linked congenital nystagmus. Mutation in brief #963. OnlineDaniel F Schorderet
Institut de Recherche en Ophtalmologie, Sion, Switzerland
Hum Mutat 28:525. 2007..The molecular characterization of NYS1 has recently been solved by Tarpey et al., who identified mutations in FRMD7, a gene of unclear function...
- Novel intragenic FRMD7 deletion in a pedigree with congenital X-linked nystagmusJohn H Fingert
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Ophthalmic Genet 31:77-80. 2010..To identify the disease-causing mutation in a large 3 generation pedigree of X-linked congenital nystagmus...
- Clinical and genetic analysis of a family with X-linked congenital nystagmus (NYS1)J B Kerrison
Wilmer Ophthalmological Institute, Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD, USA
Ophthalmic Genet 22:241-8. 2001..To describe a family with X-linked congenital nystagmus and identify the genetic interval within which the gene is located...
- Improved access and quality of care after enrollment in the New York State Children's Health Insurance Program (SCHIP)Peter G Szilagyi
Department of Pediatrics, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, New York, USA
Pediatrics 113:e395-404. 2004..As yet, little is known about the effectiveness of SCHIP on improving access and quality of care to enrollees...
- Active and passive immunization against Plasmodium yoelii sporozoitesY Charoenvit
Infectious Diseases Department, Naval Medical Research Institute, Bethesda, MD
Bull World Health Organ 68:26-32. 1990..yoelii CS protein could provide protection we established a passive transfer model. Passive transfer of NYS1, an IgG3 MAb against the P. yoelii CS protein, protected 100% of mice against challenge with 5000 P...
- Multidrug-resistant nontyphoidal Salmonella in New York state's foodborne diseases active surveillance network countiesSuzanne M Solghan
Emerging Infections Program, New York State Department of Health, Albany, New York 12237, USA
Foodborne Pathog Dis 7:167-73. 2010..report describes the prevalence and trends of NT Salmonella antimicrobial susceptibility within the New York State (NYS) Foodborne Diseases Active Surveillance Network (FoodNet)...
- Localization of CS and non-CS antigens in the sporogonic stages of Plasmodium yoeliiM Aikawa
Institute of Pathology, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106
Bull World Health Organ 68:165-71. 1990..MAbs NYS1, NYS2, and NYS3 recognized different epitopes of the P...
- The West Nile virus encephalitis outbreak in the United States (1999-2000): from Flushing, New York, to beyond its bordersD S Asnis
Department of Internal Medicine, Flushing Hospital Medical Center, New York 11355, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 951:161-71. 2001..An investigation was conducted by the NewYork City (NYC) and New York State (NYS) health departments and the national Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)...
- Cancer incidence and asbestos in drinking water, Town of Woodstock, New York, 1980-1998Marilyn L Browne
New York State Department of Health, Bureau of Environmental and Occupational Epidemiology, 547 River St Rm 200, Troy, NY 12180, USA
Environ Res 98:224-32. 2005..The New York State (NYS) Department of Health established the Woodstock Asbestos Exposure Registry (WAER) in 1986 to monitor rates of ..
- Phlebotomine sand flies (Diptera: Psychodidae) associated with changing patterns in the transmission of the human cutaneous leishmaniasis in French GuianaFlorence Fouque
Cellule d Intervention Biologique d Urgence, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz 102:35-40. 2007..b>Nys.) flaviscutellata was found harboring Leishmania (Viannia) guyanensis and Lu...
- Individual- and neighborhood-level characteristics associated with support of in-pharmacy vaccination among ESAP-registered pharmacies: pharmacists' role in reducing racial/ethnic disparities in influenza vaccinations in New York CityNatalie D Crawford
Department of Epidemiology, Mailman School of Public Health, Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
J Urban Health 88:176-85. 2011New York State (NYS) passed legislation authorizing pharmacists to administer immunizations in 2008. Racial/socioeconomic disparities persist in vaccination rates and vaccine-preventable diseases such as influenza...
- Potential cost savings with terrestrial rabies controlSergio Recuenco
Zoonoses Program, Bureau of Communicable Diseases Control, New York State Department of Health, Albany, New York 12237, USA
BMC Public Health 7:47. 2007..As an initial quantification of the potential cost savings for a control program, the collection of selected rabies cost data was pilot tested for five counties in New York State (NYS) in a three-year period.
- A comparative analysis of effects of early versus late prenatal WIC participation on birth weight: NYS, 1995Victoria Lazariu-Bauer
New York State Department of Health, Division of Nutrition, Evaluation and Analysis Unit, New York, USA
Matern Child Health J 8:77-86. 2004This study examined the effects of prenatal participation in the NYS WIC Program on birth weight through enhanced control of selection bias and gestational age bias...
- Physician and nurse staffing in nursing homes: the role and limitations of the Online Survey Certification and Reporting (OSCAR) systemZhanlian Feng
Center for Gerontology and Health Care Research, Brown University, Providence, RI 02912, USA
J Am Med Dir Assoc 6:27-33. 2005..To assess nursing home staffing data reported in the Online Survey Certification and Reporting (OSCAR) system database for research and policy...
- Incidence of congenital hypothyroidism and congenital adrenal hyperplasia at Flushing Hospital Medical CenterLuis Font
Department of Pediatrics, Flushing Hospital Medical Center, Flushing, New York, USA
Bol Asoc Med P R 99:13-7. 2007..Infants who meet the above criteria on NBS for either condition must undergo confirmatory testing...
- Modelling dysregulated Na+ absorption in airway epithelial cells with mucosal nystatin treatmentAlessandra Livraghi
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Cystic Fibrosis Pulmonary Research and Treatment Center, CB 7248 Thurston Bowles Bldg, Room 6029, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 38:423-34. 2008..dysregulated Na(+) absorption by treating polarized normal human bronchial epithelial cells (HBEs) with nystatin (Nys), a polyene antibiotic that enables monovalent cations to permeate biological membranes...
- Risk-based cost modelling of oral rabies vaccine interventions for raccoon rabiesS Recuenco
School of Public Health, University at Albany SUNY, Rensselaer, NY, USA
Zoonoses Public Health 56:16-23. 2009..Bait purchase costs were lower using the modelled cost scenarios than a uniform baiting strategy, for both the NYS enzootic region and the Long Island epizootic zone. The proportion of savings for the NYS enzootic region was 29...
- Caveolar endocytosis is critical for BK virus infection of human renal proximal tubular epithelial cellsTakahito Moriyama
Division of Nephrology and Kidney Disease Center, Department of Medicine, Medical College of Wisconsin, 8701 Watertown Plank Road, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
J Virol 81:8552-62. 2007..We coincubated HRPTEC with BKV and the cholesterol-depleting agents methyl beta cyclodextrin (MBCD) and nystatin (Nys), drugs inhibiting caveolar endocytosis...
- Therapy of renal artery aneurysms in New York State: outcomes of patients undergoing open and endovascular repairSean J Hislop
Division of Vascular Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Ann Vasc Surg 23:194-200. 2009..among patients with a renal artery aneurysm (RAA) undergoing surgical or endovascular repair in New York State (NYS)...
- Evaluation of an in vitro assay aimed at measuring protective antibodies against sporozoitesS Mellouk
Malaria Program, Naval Medical Research Institute, Bethesda, MD 20889 5055
Bull World Health Organ 68:52-9. 1990..In contrast, we tested sera from mice that received NYS1, an IgG3 MAb, in passive transfer and were protected against challenge with 5000 sporozoites...
- Effects of nystatin, fluconazole and propolis on poly(methyl methacrylate) resin surfaceWander Jose da Silva
Department of Prosthodontic and Periodontology, Dental School of Piracicaba, State University of Campinas, Piracicaba, SP, Brazil
Braz Dent J 19:190-6. 2008..Therefore, the aim of this study was to evaluate the effects of fluconazole (FLU), nystatin (NYS) and propolis orabase gel (PRO) on poly (methyl-methacrylate) (PMMA) surfaces...
- Increased prevalence of renal and urinary tract anomalies in children with Down syndromeJuan C Kupferman
Divisions of Pediatric Nephrology and Hypertension, Maimonides Infants and Children s Hospital, Brooklyn, New York 11219, USA
Pediatrics 124:e615-21. 2009..The goal was to investigate the prevalence of renal and urinary tract anomalies (RUTAs) in a Down syndrome (DS) population...
- Photostabilization of an entomopathogenic fungus using composite clay matricesEphraim Cohen
Department of Entomology, Faculty of Agricultural, Food and Environmental Quality Sciences, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Rehovot, Israel
Photochem Photobiol 77:180-5. 2003..The second step involved adsorption of the toxicologically safe anionic dyes fast green (FG) and naphthol yellow S (NYS) to the clay complexes...
- Impact of economic policies on reducing tobacco use among Medicaid clients in New YorkJill M Murphy
Department of Social and Preventive Medicine, University at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY, USA
Prev Med 37:68-70. 2003New York State (NYS) recently implemented Medicaid coverage for prescription pharmacologic adjuncts for cessation and a 55-cent excise tax on a pack of cigarettes...
- The epidemiology of extrahepatic biliary atresia in New York State, 1983-98Alissa R Caton
Department of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, University at Albany, NY 12144, USA
Paediatr Perinat Epidemiol 18:97-105. 2004..In this study, New York State (NYS) Congenital Malformations Registry data from 1983 to 1998 were compared with resident live birth certificate data...
- A survey of family care giving to elders in New York State: findings and implicationsHarvey A Farberman
Center for Aging Policy Research, School of Social Welfare, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY 11794 8231, USA
Care Manag J 4:153-60. 2003..3% of all care giving. The annualized market contribution of all care givers to the NYS health care system is estimated at between $7.5 and $11.2 billion dollars...
- Cow-level evaluation of a kinetics ELISA with multiple cutoff values to detect fecal shedding of Mycobacterium avium subspecies paratuberculosis in New York State dairy cowsGerdien van Schaik
Department of Population Medicine and Diagnostic Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
Prev Vet Med 72:221-36. 2005..In New York State (NYS), an unabsorbed kinetics ELISA (KELA) has been used extensively for Map control...
- Assessment of PM10 enhancement by yellow sand on the air quality of Taipei, Taiwan in 2001Shuenn Chin Chang
Graduate Institute of Environmental Engineering, National Central University, 300 Jhongda Rd, Jhongli 32001, Taiwan, Republic of China
Environ Monit Assess 132:297-309. 2007..PM(10) enhancement, we adopted factor analysis to distinguish the yellow-sand (YS) periods from non-yellow-sand (NYS) periods based on air quality monitoring records...
- Use of a matching algorithm to evaluate hospital coronary artery bypass grafting performance as an alternative to conventional risk adjustmentLaurent G Glance
University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, New York, USA
Med Care 45:292-9. 2007..Although public reporting of hospital and physician performance is a cornerstone of the effort to improve health care quality, the optimal approach to risk adjustment is unknown...
- Mortality among former Love Canal residentsLenore J Gensburg
University at Albany, State University of New York, Albany, New York, USA
Environ Health Perspect 117:209-16. 2009..This seriously contaminated site first came to public attention in 1978. No studies have examined mortality in the former residents of the Love Canal neighborhood (LC)...
- Cancer incidence among former Love Canal residentsLenore J Gensburg
University at Albany, State University of New York, Albany, New York, USA
Environ Health Perspect 117:1265-71. 2009..This seriously contaminated site came to public attention in 1978. Only one prior study examined cancer incidence in former residents of the Love Canal neighborhood (LC)...
- Impulse oscillometry and respiratory symptoms in World Trade Center responders, 6 years post-9/11Matthew P Mauer
Bureau of Occupational Health, Center for Environmental Health, New York State Department of Health, Flanigan Square, Troy, NY 12180, USA
Lung 188:107-13. 2010..study evaluated whether impulse oscillometry (IOS) testing revealed signs of respiratory disease in New York State (NYS) World Trade Center (WTC) responders in comparison with unexposed NYS employees...
- Fragmentation of care for frequently hospitalized urban residentsDeborah Schrag
Health Outcomes Research Group, Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, and the Department of Health Policy, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10021, USA
Med Care 44:560-7. 2006..Fragmentation across sites of care may impede efficient healthcare delivery...
- Neonatal size of low socio-economic status Black and White term births in Albany County, NYSM Denham
Department of Anthropology, State University of New York at Albany, 12222, USA
Ann Hum Biol 28:172-83. 2001..When controlling for social and biological variables, race and sex were significant predictors of body composition, but not body size. Interpretation of results and possible causal relationships are discussed...
- Packaging and shipping capabilities of New York State hospital laboratories: a 3-year drill assessmentPaula A Pennell
New York State Department of Health, Bureau of Communicable Disease Control, Albany, NY 12237 0672, USA
Clin Lab Sci 24:14-21. 2011In a previous publication, we discussed the results of the 2006-2007 New York State (NYS) Hospital Laboratory Drill Series which emphasized the need for ongoing testing and evaluation of laboratory preparedness capabilities, particularly ..
- The effect of message type on physician compliance with disease reporting requirementsIan Brissette
Bureau of Occupational Health, New York State Department of Health, Flanigan Square, 547 River St, Rm 230, Troy, NY 12180 2216, USA
Public Health Rep 121:703-9. 2006..This article describes an evaluation of the effects of using different appeals to promote complete and timely reporting to the New York State Occupational Lung Disease Registry (NYS OLDR).
- In vitro drug release study of methacrylate polymer blend system: effect of polymer blend composition, drug loading and solubilizing surfactants on drug releaseJun Li
Department of Periodontology, School of Dentistry, Center for Oral and Systemic Disease, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC, 27599 7455, USA
J Mater Sci Mater Med 21:583-8. 2010..was to test the release of the antibacterial drug chlorhexidine diacetate (CHDA), the antifungal drug Nystatin (NYS) and the antiviral drug acyclovir (ACY) from polymer blends of poly(ethyl methacrylate) and poly(n-hexyl ..
- Combination of pipemidic acid, colistin sodium methanesulfonate and nystatin may be less effective than nystatin alone for prevention of infection during chemotherapy-induced granulocytopenia in acute leukemiaK Sampi
Hematology Clinic, Saitama Cancer Center Hospital, Japan
Med Oncol Tumor Pharmacother 6:291-6. 1989..leukemia were randomized after each course of consolidation chemotherapy to receive a single agent of nystatin (NYS) (34 courses) versus a combination of NYS, PPA and CLM (36 courses)...
- Down syndrome: interaction between culture, demography, and biology in determining the prevalence of a genetic traitCarolyn L Olsen
State University of New York at Albany, Albany, NY, USA
Hum Biol 75:503-20. 2003..This paper illustrates these interactions using data we have analyzed for New York State (NYS) and comparative data obtained from the literature...
- Epidemic and spatial dynamics of Lyme disease in New york State, 1990-2000Haiyan Chen
Department of Health Promotion and Policy, University of Maryland Dental School, Baltimore, 666 W Baltimore St, Baltimore, MD 21202, USA
J Med Entomol 42:899-908. 2005Lyme disease (LD) occurrence in New York State (NYS) has not only increased over time but also spread throughout the state from the original disease focus in southeastern NYS...
- Evidence that nystatin channels form at the boundaries, not the interiors of lipid domainsCarl S Helrich
Turner Laboratory, Department of Physics, Goshen College, Goshen, Indiana, USA
Biophys J 91:1116-27. 2006Nystatin (nys) is an antifungal agent that preferentially forms ion channels in membranes containing the sterol, ergosterol (erg)...
- Incrimination of Anopheles (Nyssorhynchus) rangeli and An. (Nys.) oswaldoi as natural vectors of Plasmodium vivax in Southern ColombiaMartha L Quiñones
Programme for the Study and Control of Tropical Diseases, Faculdad de Medicina, Universidad de Antioquia, Medellin, Colombia
Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz 101:617-23. 2006..That An. rangeli and this member of the An. oswaldoi complex are incriminated as malaria vectors in Putumayo, is a novel finding of significance for malaria control in Southern Colombia, and possibly in other areas of Latin America...
- Novel, cell-penetrating molecular transporters with flexible backbones and permanently charged side-chainsN Bodor
Center for Drug Discovery, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610 0497, USA
J Pharm Pharmacol 59:1065-76. 2007..of analogue structures by replacing the arginine residues with the quaternary form of a novel redox amino acid (Nys(+)) that contain a trigonelline moiety; it has already been shown possible to replace the original basic amino acid ..
- Epidemiology of bladder and cloacal exstrophies in New York State, 1983-1999Alissa R Caton
Congenital Malformations Registry, New York State Department of Health, Troy, New York, USA
Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 79:781-7. 2007..Disagreement exists as to whether they comprise two distinct disorders or are part of a spectrum. We examined epidemiologic trends and risk factors for BE and CE in a large population-based dataset...
- Are high-quality cardiac surgeons less likely to operate on high-risk patients compared to low-quality surgeons? Evidence from New York StateLaurent G Glance
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Rochester Medical Center, 601 Elmwood Avenue, PO Box 604, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Health Serv Res 43:300-12. 2008..It is unknown whether high-risk cardiac surgical patients have less access to high-quality surgeons compared with lower-risk patients...
- Biomonitoring of perfluorochemicals in plasma of New York State personnel responding to the World Trade Center disasterLin Tao
Wadsworth Center, New York State Department of Health, State University of New York at Albany, Empire State Plaza, P O Box 509, Albany, New York 12201 0509, USA
Environ Sci Technol 42:3472-8. 2008..In this pilot study, we analyzed 458 plasma samples of New York State (NYS) employees and National Guard personnel assigned to work in the vicinity of the WTC between September 11 and ..
- Exploratory assessment of sportfish consumption and polybrominated diphenyl ether exposure in New York State anglersHenry M Spliethoff
Division of Environmental Disease Prevention, Wadsworth Center, New York State Department of Health, Empire State Plaza, PO Box 509, Albany, NY 12201, USA
Environ Res 108:340-7. 2008..sportfish consumption on body burden of nine polybrominated diphenyl ether (PBDE) congeners in 36 New York State (NYS) anglers...
- Increasing safe syringe collection sites in New York StateSusan J Klein
AIDS Institute, New York State Department of Health, Albany, NY 12237 0684, USA
Public Health Rep 123:433-40. 2008This article describes expansion of options for safe syringe collection in New York State (NYS) in conjunction with efforts to enhance and expand access to hypodermic needles and syringes...
- West Nile virus envelope protein glycosylation is required for efficient viral transmission by Culex vectorsRobin M Moudy
Arbovirus Laboratories, Wadsworth Center, New York State Department of Health, 5668 State Farm Road, Slingerlands, NY 12159, USA
Virology 387:222-8. 2009..We mutated the E protein glycosylation site from NYS to IYS in a previously described full-length clone of the NY99 genotype of WNV (WT), resulting in a virus that ..
- Comparison of sources of submicron particle number concentrations measured at two sites in Rochester, NYJohn Kasumba
Center for Air Resources Engineering and Science, Clarkson University, Potsdam, NY 13699 5708, United States
Sci Total Environ 407:5071-84. 2009..between January 2002 and December 2007 at two different New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (NYS DEC) sites in Rochester, NY were identified and apportioned using a bilinear receptor model, positive matrix ..
- Impact of New York State's new licensure regulations for laboratory professionals on staffing of clinical laboratoriesIndra Balachandran
Cytotechnology Program, Department of Health Sciences, Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, 106 New Scotland Ave, Albany, NY 12208, USA
J Allied Health 38:e113-7. 2009..In New York State (NYS), licensing of laboratory professionals has been debated for over three decades and did not become law until 2005...
- Occurrence of Anopheles (Nyssorhynchus) rangeli (Gabaldon et al) and Anopheles (Nyssorhynchus) evansae (Brethes) (Diptera: Culicidae) in an eutrophized damEduardo D Wermelinger
Depto de Ciências Biológicas, Escola Nacional de Saude Publica, Manguinhos, RJ, Brazil
Neotrop Entomol 39:449-50. 2010..Larvae of Anopheles (Nys.) evansae (Brethes), Anopheles (Nyssorhynchus) rangeli (Gabaldon et al), Culex nigripalpus (Theobald) and Culex ..
- Speed kills? Not always: the New York State thruway experienceDietrich von Kuenssberg Jehle
Department of Emergency Medicine, State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, New York 14215, USA
J Trauma 69:708-14. 2010The New York State (NYS) speed limit increased from 55 mph to 65 mph in August 1995. This study examines the change in motor vehicle fatality rates on the NYS thruway and NYS Interstates before and after the speed limit change...
- Antifungal effects of Ellagitannin isolated from leaves of Ocotea odorifera (Lauraceae)Mirian Ueda Yamaguchi
Programa de Pós Graduação em Ciências Farmacêuticas, Universidade Estadual de Maringa, Maringa, PR, Brazil
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek 99:507-14. 2011..the minimum inhibitory (MIC) and fungicidal concentrations, and to study the synergistic action with nystatin (NYS), amphotericin (AMP), and fluconazole (FLU)...
- Elective delivery before 39 weeks: the risk of infant admission to the neonatal intensive care unitClaire A Hoffmire
Department of Community and Preventive Medicine, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Box 644, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Matern Child Health J 16:1053-62. 2012..all singleton deliveries (2006-2007) between 36(0/7) and 38(6/7) weeks gestation taking place at one hospital in NYS to determine delivery status...
- The degree of horizontal violence in RNs practicing in New York StateKathleen F Sellers
Department of Nursing, Alfred State College, Alfred, USA
J Nurs Adm 42:483-7. 2012This study examined the degree of horizontal violence (HV) among RNs practicing in New York State (NYS). The objective was to determine the knowledge of HV and the degree of being a victim among practicing RNs...
- Lessons learned from the implementation of a time-limited, large-scale nicotine replacement therapy giveaway program in New York CityKaren A Davis
Optum Health, Signal Mountain, TN 37377, USA
Health Promot Pract 14:767-76. 2013..In two prior years, the program was conducted in collaboration with the New York State (NYS) Smokers' Quitline and with community-based organizations...
- Influenza immunization coverage of residents and employees of long-term care facilities in New York State, 2000-2010Cara J Person
Bureau of Communicable Disease Control, New York State Department of Health, Albany, NY, USA
Am J Infect Control 41:743-5. 2013We describe influenza immunization coverage trends from the New York State (NYS) Department of Health long-term care facility (LTCF) reports. Overall median immunization coverage levels for NYS LTCF residents and employees were 84...
- A statewide assessment of electronic health record adoption and health information exchange among nursing homesErika L Abramson
Department of Pediatrics, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, NY Department of Public Health, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, NY Department of Medicine, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, NY New York Presbyterian Hospital, New York, NY Health Information Technology Evaluation Collaborative HITEC, New York, NY
Health Serv Res 49:361-72. 2014To determine rates of electronic health record (EHR) adoption and health information exchange (HIE) among New York State (NYS) nursing homes.
- Scaling up evidence-based practices for children and families in New York State: toward evidence-based policies on implementation for state mental health systemsKimberly Eaton Hoagwood
a Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, New York University School of Medicine
J Clin Child Adolesc Psychol 43:145-57. 2014..In New York State (NYS) a group of researchers, policymakers, providers, and family support specialists have worked in partnership since ..
- Abnormal retinal development associated with FRMD7 mutationsMervyn G Thomas
Ophthalmology Group, School of Medicine, University of Leicester, RKCSB, PO Box 65, Leicester LE2 7LX, UK
Hum Mol Genet 23:4086-93. 2014Idiopathic infantile nystagmus (IIN) is a genetically heterogeneous disorder, often associated with FRMD7 mutations...
- Correlates of routine HIV testing practices: a survey of New York State primary care physicians, 2011Mary Zielinski
Division of Epidemiology, Evaluation, and Research, New York State Department of Health, AIDS Institute, Albany NY Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, School of Public Health, University at Albany, Rensselaer, NY
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 68:S21-9. 2015The New York State (NYS) HIV Testing Law of 2010 mandates that medical providers offer HIV testing to patients aged between 13 and 64 years during primary care, to increase the number of people aware of their infection status, and to ..
- A novel mutation in FRMD7 causes X-linked idiopathic congenital nystagmus in a North Indian familyShashank Gupta
Department of Molecular and Human Genetics, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi 221005, India
Neurosci Lett 597:170-5. 2015..to identify the causal mutation for ICN in the family by screening the candidate gene, FERM domain containing-7 (FRMD7)...
- A start codon mutation of the FRMD7 gene in two Korean families with idiopathic infantile nystagmusJae Hwan Choi
Department of Neurology, Pusan National University School of Medicine, Research Institute for Convergence of Biomedical Science and Technology, Pusan National University Yangsan Hospital, Yangsan, Korea
Sci Rep 5:13003. 2015..The most common form of inheritance is X-linked, and mutations in FRMD7 gene are a major cause...
- Regional Specificity of GABAergic Regulation of Cross-Modal Plasticity in Mouse Visual Cortex after Unilateral EnucleationJulie Nys
Laboratory of Neuroplasticity and Neuroproteomics, KU Leuven, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
J Neurosci 35:11174-89. 2015..cortical activity after ME fails as a result of suppression or functional immaturity of the cross-modal mechanisms (Nys et al., 2014)...
- The Correlation of Media Ranking's "Best" Hospitals and Surgical Outcomes Following Radical Cystectomy for Urothelial CancerDanny Lascano
Herbert Irving Cancer Center, New York Presbyterian Hospital Columbia University Medical Center and Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY Electronic address
Urology 86:1104-12. 2015To evaluate whether there is a correlation between publicized health ranking systems and surgical outcomes after radical cystectomy (RC) in New York State (NYS).
- Detection of Borrelia miyamotoi and other tick-borne pathogens in human clinical specimens and Ixodes scapularis ticks in New York State, 2012-2015Danielle Wroblewski
Wadsworth Center, New York State Department of Health, 120 New Scotland Ave, Albany, NY 12208, United States Electronic address
Ticks Tick Borne Dis . 2017..specimens were performed utilizing this novel assay to evaluate the frequency of Bm infection in New York State (NYS). Eight clinical specimens (1%) were found to be positive for Bm, 216 were positive for A...
- Genetic differentiation and diagnostic loci among Anopheles (Nyssorhynchus) rangeli, An. (Nys.) nuneztovari, and An. (Nys.) dunhami (Diptera: Culicidae) in the Brazilian AmazonDilcindo Barros Trindade
Instituto Nacional de Pesquisas de Amazĵnia, Manaus, Amazonas, CEP, Brazil
J Med Entomol 39:613-20. 2002..Anopheles rangeli probably diverged before the other two species separated. This is the first record of An. dunhami in Coari (Amazonas, Brazil) and only the third collection site of this species since its description in 1945...
- Temporal and geographic variation in hip fracture rates for people aged 65 or older, New York State, 1985-1996Rudi Hiebert
NYU Hospital for Joint Diseases, New York, New York, USA
Am J Orthop (Belle Mead NJ) 34:252-5. 2005We describe temporal and regional variation in hip fracture rates for people aged 65 or older in New York state (NYS) from 1985 to 1996. Our descriptive study was of all hip fracture cases admitted to NYS hospitals during that period...
- The importance of Anopheles albitarsis E and An. darlingi in human malaria transmission in Boa Vista, state of Roraima, BrazilMarinete Marins Povoa
Instituto Evandro Chagas, Ananindeua, PA, Brasil
Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz 101:163-8. 2006..darlingi (p < 0.001). Other species sampled were An. (Nys.) braziliensis, An. (Ano.) peryassui, An. (Nys.) nuneztovari, An. (Nys.) oswaldoi s.l., and An. (Nys.) triannulatus...
- Isolation of Bunyamwera serogroup viruses (Bunyaviridae, Orthobunyavirus) in New York stateKiet A Ngo
The Arbovirus Laboratories, Wadsworth Center, New York State Department of Health, 5668 State Farm Rd Slingerlands, NY 12159, USA
J Med Entomol 43:1004-9. 2006During routine arbovirus surveillance from 2000 to 2004 in New York state (NYS), 14,788 mosquito pools making up 36 species and nine genera were inoculated onto Vero cell cultures to test for abroad spectrum of viruses...
- West Nile virus surveillance in mosquitoes in New York State, 2000-2004Gary Lukacik
New York State Department of Health, Arthropod Borne Disease Program, Corning Tower, Room 632, Empire State Plaza, Albany, NY 12237, USA
J Am Mosq Control Assoc 22:264-71. 2006A West Nile virus (WNV) surveillance system was created and implemented in New York State (NYS) in 2000 and described previously (White et al. 2001)...
- Incrimination of Anopheles (Anopheles) intermedius Peryassú, An. (Nyssorhynchus) nuneztovari Gabaldón, An. (Nys.) oswaldoi Peryassú as natural vectors of Plasmodium falciparum in French GuianaIsabelle Dusfour
Unité d entomologie médicale, Institut Pasteur de Guyane, Cayenne Cedex, Guyane Fançaise
Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz 107:429-32. 2012..Further investigations on the behaviour and ecology of An. oswaldoi, An. intermedius and An. nuneztovari are necessary to determine their role in malaria transmission in French Guiana...
- Use of administrative data in efficient auditing of hospital-acquired surgical site infections, New York State 2009-2010Valerie B Haley
New York State Department of Health, Bureau of Healthcare Associated Infections, Albany, NY 12237, USA
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 33:565-71. 2012To efficiently validate the accuracy of surgical site infection (SSI) data reported to the National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) by New York State (NYS) hospitals.
- HPLC and chemometric methods for the simultaneous determination of miconazole nitrate and nystatinHala M Heneedak
Chemical Laboratory legitimate, Department of Forensic Medicine, Ismailia, Egypt
J Chromatogr Sci 50:855-61. 2012..applied to the simultaneous determination of the two nonsteroidal antifungal drugs, miconazole (MIC) and nystatin (NYS)...
- Molecular taxonomy of Anopheles (Nyssorhynchus) benarrochi (Diptera: Culicidae) and malaria epidemiology in southern Amazonian PeruJan E Conn
Griffin Laboratory, The Wadsworth Center, New York State Department of Health, Slingerlands, NY 12159, USA
Am J Trop Med Hyg 88:319-24. 2013..Most specimens were either Anopheles (Nyssorhynchus) benarrochi B or An. (Nys.) rangeli, confirmed by polymerase chain reaction-restriction fragment length polymorphism-internal transcribed ..
- Measuring colorectal cancer care quality for the publicly insured in New York StateAmber H Sinclair
New York State Department of Health, Cancer Registry, Albany, NY, USA
Cancer Med 1:363-71. 2012..objective was to evaluate the quality of colorectal cancer care for publicly insured residents of New York State (NYS). NYS cancer registry data were linked to Medicaid and Medicare claims and hospital discharge data...
- Religious exemptions for immunization and risk of pertussis in New York State, 2000-2011Aamer Imdad
SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY 13210, USA
Pediatrics 132:37-43. 2013The objective of this study was to describe rates of religious vaccination exemptions over time and the association with pertussis in New York State (NYS).
- Deborah Schrag; Fiscal Year: 2016..Cancer Care * Update the NY and CA data linkages to include more recent cases with longer follow-up * Extend the NYS data linkages to include the pediatric population * Measure agreement between medical records and Medicaid ..
- MARTIN STROSBERG; Fiscal Year: 2016..to alumni by way of in-country grants and additional pedagogical training;and 4) strengthen existing relationships with other FIC-sponsored programs, such as the New York State International Training and Research Program (NYS-ITRP).
- Climate Variability / Change and the Risks for a Spectrum of DiseasesShao Lin; Fiscal Year: 2011..effect of individual climate factors including temperature, humidity, air pressure, and wind in New York State (NYS)...
- Field Validation of New XRF Analyzers: Assessing Personal Exposure to MetalsPATRICK JEREMY PARSONS; Fiscal Year: 2012..The research team also builds on a growing collaborative relationship between Wadsworth Center scientists and environmental epidemiologists working with the NYS DOH's Center for Environmental Health, in Troy New York.
- Jessica Preston; Fiscal Year: 2014..The NYS EHS-Net program is a collaborative effort that includes the Bureau of Community Environmental Health and Food ..
- Robert H Remien; Fiscal Year: 2015..and clinical partners in SA (University of Cape Town) and the US (HIV Center for Clinical and Behavioral Studies at NYS Psychiatric Institute/RFMH and CCNMTL at Columbia University), we propose to compare Masivukeni to "standard care" ..
- Shao Lin; Fiscal Year: 2014..term effects on multiple health outcomes and risk factors in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy in New York State (NYS)...
- Monroe County, New York School Based Influenza Immunization ProgramANDREW S DONIGER; Fiscal Year: 2010..between the Monroe County Department of Public Health, a nursing organization experienced in mass vaccinations, the NYS Department of Health, academicians at the University of Rochester Medical Center, the local school districts, ..
- Guthrie S Birkhead; Fiscal Year: 2014..Nine NYS counties and New York City (NYC) were declared as disaster areas after Sandy...
- MULTIDISCIPLINARY ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH TRAININGDavid Carpenter; Fiscal Year: 2006..University at Albany Arcaro, Kathleen University at Albany Birman, Irina University at Albany & NYS Dept. of Health DeCaprio, Anthony P. University at Albany Druschel, Charlotte University at Albany & NYS Dept...
- Pilot PET Study Characterizing [1-11C] Arachadonic Acid in Bipolar DisorderM Elizabeth Sublette; Fiscal Year: 2013..BD patients will be treated with lithium for 6 weeks at NYS Psychiatric Institute after scanning. Scans will be analyzed using established methods16...
- Jack A DeHovitz; Fiscal Year: 2015..The NYS International Training and Research Program (NYS-ITRP) was initiated as a Fogarty funded AIDS International ..
- Developing and Testing of a Peer-Delivered Intervention for DepressionMary C Acri; Fiscal Year: 2012..3) this study adopts a community engagement approach, use of a Deployment-Focused Model, and strong linkages to NYS Office of Mental Health and a Family Advocacy and Research Board to ensure that if feasible, this model will likely ..
- Understanding the Adoption and Implementation of Tobacco-Free Regulation in SubstLillian T Eby; Fiscal Year: 2012DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): On July 24, 2008 New York State (NYS) became the first in the nation to require all 1,419 state- funded or state-certified addiction treatment programs overseen by the NYS Office of Alcoholism and ..
- Preventing Child Residential Lead Exposure By Window ReplacementMICHAEL LANE WEITZMAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..Moreover, widespread support for this proposal has already been gathered as both elected officials and the NYS Coalition to End Lead Poisoning have contributed to the proposal and are committed to work with us on this...
- Thomas M Wisniewski; Fiscal Year: 2016..In addition to NYU SoM, investigators at the Nathan Kline Institute (NKI), the NYS Institute for Basic Research (IBR), and other New York City area facilities are also participating...
- Gail A Wasserman; Fiscal Year: 2016..Based on our prior success in NYS juvenile probations, our expertise uniquely positions us to address identification and linkage, which initiates the ..
- CLINICAL OUTCOMES OF CHILDREN BORN TO HIV INFECTED WOMENBarbara Turner; Fiscal Year: 1999..Of 2,254 New York State (NYS) Medicaid-enrolled, HIV-infected women delivering singletons from 1985-90), 65% had too few prenatal visits ..
- Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA): Emerging Infections in NYSGuthrie S Birkhead; Fiscal Year: 2011..Additional objectives will focus on increasing capacity for influenza surveillance and diagnostic testing, evaluating the burden of influenza on public health and to evaluate healthcare-associated infections in dialysis centers. ..
- Microbicide Safety and Acceptability in Young MenIAN MICHAEL MCGOWAN; Fiscal Year: 2012..and the HIV Center for Clinical and Behavioral Studies (Columbia University and NYS Psychiatric Institute) in NY, NY...
- STD/HIV Prevention Training CenterRobert J Reed; Fiscal Year: 2010..Over the past eleven years (since 1995) the NYS Prevention Training Center (NYS PTC) Part Ill Partner Counseling Training staff has provided standardized partner ..
- MEDICAL AND SUBSTANCE ABUSE CARE FOR HIV+ DRUG USERSBarbara Turner; Fiscal Year: 2000..The investigators will employ population-based, administrative data for 40,000 drug users in New York State (NYS) Medicaid combined with interview data from substance abuse and medical clinical directors about specific features ..
- Mandated HIV Service Provider Confidentiality TrainingHILARY LIBERTY; Fiscal Year: 2009..New York State has mandated initial as well as annual refresher courses on confidentiality for NYS HIV service providers. However, there is a significant statewide shortage of available training slots...
- Mount Sinai-New York State-Argentina HIV Prevention ProgramDEBBIE S INDYK; Fiscal Year: 2011..The educational hubs for the program will continue to be MSSM, SUNY - Albany, the AIDS Institute of the NYS DOH, the National Development and Research Institutes, with particular emphasis on the Hospital Garrahan, Fundacion ..
- USE OF QUALITY REPORT CARDS BY PATIENTS,PHYSICIANS,MCOSDana Mukamel; Fiscal Year: 1999..It will identify factors contributing to its effectiveness. The study will analyze and compare the use of the NYS report card in the fee-for-service environment and by managed care organizations (MCOs)...
- New York State Envirnomental Health Specialist NetworkDale L Morse; Fiscal Year: 2010..The NYSDOH, in conjunction with local health departments, the NYS Department of Agriculture and Markets, and Federal agencies (CDC, FDA, and USDA) will work to improve the ..
- A Water-Window Soft X-Ray Microscope for Small LaboratoriesSTEPHEN HORNE; Fiscal Year: 2006..The project includes collaboration with expert researchers at the NYS Wadsworth Lab and Lawrence Berkeley Lab to 1) develop a detailed model for a small lab-scale microscope including ..
- Bone Lead Standardization ProgramPatrick Parsons; Fiscal Year: 2006..AAS and ICP-MS in the Wadsworth Trace Elements Laboratory of the New York State Department of Health (NYS DOH); second to establish a national repository of RMs for bone lead measurement via AAS and ICP-MS traceable to ..
- An Econometric Analysis of Cigarette Price Search and Tax IncidenceDonald Kenkel; Fiscal Year: 2009..Similar to the TUSCS, the NYS-ATS contains measures of border crossing and the prices paid for cigarettes...
- Treating Addiction as a Chronic IllnessJon Morgenstern; Fiscal Year: 2010..This proposal will capitalize on a unique set of policy events occurring in New York State (NYS) led by Governor Paterson that seeks to transform the entire SUD care system, with a special focus on criminal ..
- Mandated HIV Service Provider Confidentiality TrainingHILARY LIBERTY; Fiscal Year: 2005..New York State has mandated initial as well as annual refresher courses on confidentiality for NYS HIV service providers. There is a significant statewide shortage of available training slots...
- NYS FAMILY STUDY: PROBLEM ALCOHOL USE & PROBLEM BEHAVIORScott Menard; Fiscal Year: 2004..The middle generation has been part of a major longitudinal study, the National Youth Survey (NYS), which first collected data on the respondents and (their parents in 1976, when the respondents were adolescents ..
- Core Surveillance of Occupatiional Health in New YorkKITTY GELBERG; Fiscal Year: 2004..Provisions of the New York State (NYS) Public Health Law mandate the reporting of a number of occupational conditions in NYS...
- NYS International Research Training ProgramDale Morse; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- NEW YORK'S SCHIP: WHAT WORKS FOR VULNERABLE CHILDRENPeter Szilagyi; Fiscal Year: 2002..insurance; and 4) two aspects of community impact: changes in hospital uncompensated care in New York State (NYS), and CHPlus penetration in New York City [NYC] areas...
- Genetic Association and Stratification: AlcoholismAndrew Smolen; Fiscal Year: 2005..1300 individuals who have been studied longitudinally since their initial enrollment in the National Youth Survey (NYS) in 1976. The sample is a nationwide probability sample of the United States in that year...
- OUTCOMES OF 2 INTENSIVE SERVICE PROGRAMS FOR CHILDRENMary Evans; Fiscal Year: 1992..to establish a new program model, Family-Centered Intensive Case Management (FCICM) in three rural New York State (NYS) counties, and to compare the program's outcomes with those of Family-Based Treatment (FBT), NYS's model of ..
- New York State Conference on Increasing Language Access to HealthcareDINA REFKI; Fiscal Year: 2006..address the following specific aims: (a) to share AHRQ-supported and other language access research with 150 key NYS and national health care players (policy makers, language service programs, healthcare providers and their ..
- THE EVALUATION AND TREATMENT OF SEXUAL AGGRESSIVESGENE ABEL; Fiscal Year: 1980..North America, (2) consultation at various treatment programs and (3) extensive training of treatment agents at the NYS Psychiatric Institute...
- Clinical Supervision and Turnover in Substance Abuse TxLillian T Eby; Fiscal Year: 2010..This project responds to program announcement PA-03-011 "Services Research in the National Drug Abuse CTN". Substance abuse treatment centers that are affiliated with the Clinical Trails Network will provide data for the project. ..
- Psychometrics of a MH Cultural Competency ScaleCarole Siegel; Fiscal Year: 2007..In collaboration with Coordinated Care Services Inc., a NYS Monroe County Behavioral health care management company used by Monroe County OMH to manage its contract agencies, ..
- Are Volume Standards Accurate Measures of Quality?Laurent Glance; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Racial Disparity in Access High Quality Cardiac SurgeonsDana Mukamel; Fiscal Year: 2005..studied will include all Medicare patients undergoing CABG surgery, all cardiac surgeons and hospitals in NYS. Medicare CABG patients will be surveyed about their use of RAMR information and their encounter with the referring ..
- The Impact of HMO's on DispartiesKevin Fiscella; Fiscal Year: 2004..If the study hypotheses are confirmed, the findings will underscore the need for HMOs to track and address disparities among their members if the Healthy People 2010 for the elimination of disparities is to be achieved. ..
- Validation of Medicare Claims to Define Chemotherapy UseDeborah Schrag; Fiscal Year: 2005..This knowledge has the potential to lay the groundwork for development of an inexpensive and efficient system for monitoring and improving the quality of US cancer care. ..
- Factors Associated with RN Decisions to WorkCarol Brewer; Fiscal Year: 2004..If successful, we will expand the tools that can be used to examine work behavior of the whole RN population, and ultimately develop relevant policy. ..
- Nursing Homes Response to Quality Indictors PublicationDana Mukamel; Fiscal Year: 2008..Statistical regression techniques will be used to analyze the data and test specific hypotheses. ..
- Nursing Homes Quality and Variations in State RegulationsDana B Mukamel; Fiscal Year: 2010..S. population. ..
- STRUCTURE, PROCESS AND OUTCOMES IN THE PACE PROGRAMDana Mukamel; Fiscal Year: 2003..The knowledge gained from this study would have direct bearing on efforts to improve care in PACE programs, as well as implications for other programs serving frail, non-institutionalized elderly. ..
- Do Reporting Biases Mitigate Disparity Estimates?Kevin Fiscella; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Randomized Control Trial of Mifepristone for FibroidsKevin Fiscella; Fiscal Year: 2004..The study may also offer valuable insight into a mechanism by which mifepristone reduces fibroid size. ..
- Micro and Macro Causes of Trends in Youth SmokingFred Pampel; Fiscal Year: 2004..The aims further reflect a change in the principal investigator's interests to behavioral research in cancer control. ..