Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: FPR1
Description: formyl peptide receptor 1
Alias: FMLP, FPR, fMet-Leu-Phe receptor, N-formylpeptide chemoattractant receptor, fMLP receptor
Publications418 found, 100 shown here
- Cellular responses to FMLP challenging: a mini-reviewM A Panaro
Department of Human Anatomy, University of Bari, Italy
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 21:397-419. 1999b>FMLP (N-formyl-methionyl-leucyl-phenylalanine) and other N-formylpeptides are powerful "activators" of polymorphonuclear and mononuclear phagocytes, but they are also active on other cell types...
- Serum amyloid A is a chemotactic agonist at FPR2, a low-affinity N-formylpeptide receptor on mouse neutrophilsT S Liang
Laboratory of Host Defenses, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 270:331-5. 2000..which express FPR2, as well as in HEK 293 cells expressing recombinant FPR2 but not in HEK 293 cells expressing FPR, a closely related high affinity N-formylpeptide receptor...
- Analysis of a missense variant of the human N-formyl peptide receptor that is associated with agonist-independent beta-arrestin association and indices of inflammationM Bhattacharya
Cell Biology Research Group, The University of Western Ontario, London, ON, Canada
Pharmacogenomics J 7:190-9. 2007Formyl-Met-Leu-Phe (fMLP) is a potent chemoattractant molecule released from both bacteria and damaged mitochondria that activates fMLP receptors (FPR) leading to neutrophil chemotaxis, degranulation and superoxide production...
- Formylpeptide receptor single nucleotide polymorphism 348T>C and its relationship to polymorphonuclear leukocyte chemotaxis in aggressive periodontitisPooja Maney
Division of Periodontology, College of Dentistry, The Ohio State University, Health Sciences Center, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
J Periodontol 80:1498-505. 2009..Previous work revealed a significant association between FPR1 single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) 348T>C and AgP in African Americans...
- uPAR regulates pericellular proteolysis through a mechanism involving integrins and fMLF-receptorsNunzia Montuori
Department of Cellular and Molecular Biology and Pathology, Federico II University, Naples, Italy
Thromb Haemost 109:309-18. 2013..These findings demonstrate that uPAR, whose expression is regulated by uPA, can, in turn, regulate uPA expression through a mechanism involving its functional interaction with integrins and fMLF-Rs...
- Human formyl peptide receptor 1 (FPR1) c.32C>T SNP is associated with decreased soluble E-selectin levelsHamanou Benachour
Nancy Universite, Nancy, France
Pharmacogenomics 10:951-9. 2009..The FPR1 gene is highly polymorphic. In a recent study, the FPR1 c...
- Formylpeptide receptor FPR and the rapid growth of malignant human gliomasYe Zhou
Laboratory of Molecular Immunoregulation, CCR, NCI Frederick, Building 560, Room 31 40, Frederick, MD 21702 1201, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 97:823-35. 2005The formylpeptide receptor (FPR) is a G-protein-coupled receptor (GPCR) that mediates chemotaxis of phagocytic leukocytes induced by bacterial peptide N-formyl-methionyl-leucyl-phenylalanine (fMLF)...
- The human N-formylpeptide receptor. Characterization of two cDNA isolates and evidence for a new subfamily of G-protein-coupled receptorsF Boulay
LBIO Laboratoire de Biochimie, Departement de Recherche Fondamentale, Grenoble, France
Biochemistry 29:11123-33. 1990..Photolabeling experiments revealed that the glycosylated form of the fMLP receptor in COS cells has a molecular weight (Mr 50,000-70,000) similar to that observed for the native receptor in ..
- A novel ligand of the formyl peptide receptor: annexin I regulates neutrophil extravasation by interacting with the FPRA Walther
Center for Molecular Biology of Inflammation, Institute for Medical Biochemistry, Munster, Germany
Mol Cell 5:831-40. 2000..Here we show that annexin I acts through the formyl peptide receptor (FPR) on human neutrophils...
- Evaluation of human leukocyte N-formylpeptide receptor (FPR1) SNPs in aggressive periodontitis patientsY Zhang
Center for Craniofacial and Dental Genetics, University of Pittsburg School of Dental Medicine, Pittsburg, PA 15261, USA
Genes Immun 4:22-9. 2003..The high-affinity fMLP receptor (FPR1) of phagocytic cells interacts with bacterial fMLP and mediates chemotaxis, degranulation, and ..
- Annexin I regulates SKCO-15 cell invasion by signaling through formyl peptide receptorsBrian A Babbin
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
J Biol Chem 281:19588-99. 2006..migratory events through interactions with n-formyl peptide receptors (nFPRs), we examined the expression of FPR-1, FPRL-1, and FPRL-2 in SKCO-15 cells by reverse transcriptase-PCR and identified expression of all three ..
- An annexin 1 N-terminal peptide activates leukocytes by triggering different members of the formyl peptide receptor familyStefanie Ernst
Institute for Medical Biochemistry, Center for Molecular Biology of Inflammation, Von Esmarch Strasse 56, D 48149 Munster, Germany
J Immunol 172:7669-76. 2004The human N-formyl peptide receptor (FPR) is a key modulator of chemotaxis directing granulocytes toward sites of bacterial infections...
- Sequence and organization of the human N-formyl peptide receptor-encoding geneP M Murphy
Laboratory of Host Defenses, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892
Gene 133:285-90. 1993The human FPR1 gene encodes the N-formyl peptide receptor, a G protein-coupled receptor (GPCR) that mediates the activation of mature myeloid cells by bacterial N-formyl oligopeptides...
- Neutrophil formylpeptide receptor single nucleotide polymorphism 348T>C in aggressive periodontitisPooja Maney
Sections of Periodontology and Oral Biology, College of Dentistry, The Ohio State University Health Sciences Center, Columbus, OH 43218 2357, USA
J Periodontol 80:492-8. 2009Neutrophil formylpeptide receptors (FPRs) play an important role in bacterial recognition and chemotaxis. Defective FPR1 expression and impaired polymorphonuclear leukocyte chemotaxis toward bacterial formylpeptides are associated with ..
- Functional polymorphisms of the FPR1 gene and aggressive periodontitis in JapaneseTomohiko Gunji
Periodontology, Department of Hard Tissue Engineering, Tokyo Medical and Dental University Graduate School, 1 5 45, Yushima, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, 113 8549, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 364:7-13. 2007..Formyl peptide receptor 1 (FPR1) is a gene strongly implicated in AgP...
- Phosphorylation of the N-formyl peptide receptor carboxyl terminus by the G protein-coupled receptor kinase, GRK2E R Prossnitz
Department of Immunology, Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037
J Biol Chem 270:1130-7. 1995..We have recently shown that the carboxyl-terminal cytoplasmic domain of the N-formyl peptide receptor (FPR) interacts with G proteins and demonstrate here that this same region of the FPR is specifically phosphorylated by ..
- Regulation of the leucocyte chemoattractant receptor FPR in glioblastoma cells by cell differentiationJian Huang
Laboratory of Molecular Immunoregulation, Cancer and Inflammation Program, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute at Frederick, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
Carcinogenesis 30:348-55. 2009The G protein-coupled formylpeptide receptor (FPR), known to mediate phagocytic leucocyte chemotaxis in response to bacterial- and host-derived agonists, was expressed by tumor cells in specimens of surgically removed more highly ..
- Regulation of human formyl peptide receptor 1 synthesis: role of single nucleotide polymorphisms, transcription factors, and inflammatory mediatorsHeini M Miettinen
Department of Microbiology, Montana State University, Bozeman, Montana, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e28712. 2011The gene encoding the human formyl peptide receptor 1 (FPR1) is heterogeneous, containing numerous single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs). Here, we examine the effect of these SNPs on gene transcription and protein translation...
- Human formyl peptide receptor 1 C32T SNP interacts with age and is associated with blood pressure levelsSaid El Shamieh
Unité de recherche Génétique Cardiovasculaire, EA 4373, Universite Henri Poincare Nancy 1, Faculte de Pharmacie, Nancy, France
Clin Chim Acta 413:34-8. 2012Human formyl peptide receptor 1 (FPR1) mediates inflammatory responses, recognized as important participants in the physiopathology of hypertension. Similarly, FPR1 C32T SNP is associated with inflammation and BP related pathways...
- Cloning of the gene coding for a human receptor for formyl peptides. Characterization of a promoter region and evidence for polymorphic expressionH D Perez
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco 94143
Biochemistry 31:11595-9. 1992Recently we reported that, in HL-60 cells, transcription of the formyl peptide receptor (FPR) gene can be up- and downregulated by agents that induce differentiation of HL-60 cells into neutrophils...
- Variable responses of formyl peptide receptor haplotypes toward bacterial peptidesJeannie M Gripentrog
Department of Microbiology, Montana State University, MT 59717, USA
Immunogenetics 60:83-93. 2008..We also investigated whether certain FPR haplotypes are associated with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) by sequencing FPR1 from 148 Caucasian individuals. The results suggested that FPR haplotypes do not significantly contribute toward RA.
- Phagocyte activation by Trp-Lys-Tyr-Met-Val-Met, acting through FPRL1/LXA4R, is not affected by lipoxin A4T Christophe
DRCD BBSI UMR 5092, CEA CNRS UJF, Grenoble, Cedex, France
Scand J Immunol 56:470-6. 2002Lipoxin A4 (LXA4) has been shown to bind to the leucocyte formyl peptide receptor (FPR) homologue, FPRL1, without triggering the biological activities induced by other FPRL1 agonists...
- Defective Gi protein coupling in two formyl peptide receptor mutants associated with localized juvenile periodontitisR Seifert
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Kansas, Lawrence, Kansas 66045 2505, USA
J Biol Chem 276:42043-9. 2001The formyl peptide receptor (FPR) is a prototypical chemoattractant receptor expressed in neutrophils...
- Vasoactive drugs inhibit oxygen radical production of neutrophilsM Weiss
Department of Anesthesiology, , Ulm
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 19:239-63. 1997..with neutrophils from healthy human volunteers, which were stimulated by N-formyl-methionyl-leucyl-phenylalanine (FMLP) and by opsonized zymosan to produce oxygen radicals, detected by chemiluminescence measurements...
- Differential effects of non-selective and selective phosphodiesterase inhibitors on human eosinophil functionsA Hatzelmann
Byk Gulden, Department of Biochemistry, Konstanz, Germany
Br J Pharmacol 114:821-31. 1995..From the stimuli investigated (complement C5a; N-formyl-methionyl-leucyl-phenylalanine, fMLP; platelet activating factor, PAF; opsonized zymosan) C5a was selected to test the influence of the above mentioned ..
- beta-Lactam antibiotic modulation of murine neutrophil cytokinesisM T Kenny
Marion Merrell Dow Research Institute, Indianapolis, Indiana 46268-0460
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 14:797-811. 1992..As a result, the beta-lactam antibiotics were placed into 6 groups based on their effect on random (R) and FMLP-directed (D) migration [Group 1 (no effect): cephalosporin C; Group 2 (R-->D decreases): cloxacillin, cefotaxime,..
- Modulation of cytoskeleton assembly capacity and oxidative response in aged neutrophilsG Piazzolla
Department of Internal Medicine, Immunology and Infectious Diseases, University of Bari Medical School, Italy
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 20:251-66. 1998..an impairment of superoxide anion (O2-) generation when triggered with formyl-methionyl-leucine-phenylalanine (FMLP) in comparison to the younger counterpart...
- GABA-mediated inhibition of the anaphylactic response in the guinea-pig tracheaG Gentilini
Department of Preclinical and Clinical Pharmacology Mario Aiazzi Mancini, University of Florence, Italy
Br J Pharmacol 115:389-94. 1995..The release of platelet-activating factor (PAF) from alveolar macrophages stimulated by formyl-Met-Leu-Phe (FMLP; 1 microM) was modified neither by GABA (100 microM)nor by (-)-baclofen (100microM).5...
- Effects of two antihypertensive agents, labetalol and metoprolol, on the production of reactive oxygen species by normal polymorphonuclear leukocytes in vitroR Jaboureck-Bouttier
Laboratoire de Pharmacologie, , Lille, France
Hypertens Pregnancy 18:239-47. 1999..stimulated in vitro with phorbol-12-myristate-13-acetate (PMA) and N-formyl-methionin-leucin-phenylalanin (fMLP). We also studied the scavenging properties of these two drugs using acellular systems...
- Effect of dexamethasone on neutrophil accumulation and oedema formation in rabbit skin: an investigation of site of actionH Yarwood
Department of Applied Pharmacology, National Heart and Lung Institute, London
Br J Pharmacol 108:959-66. 1993..d. zymosan activated plasma (ZAP), N-formyl-methionyl-leucyl-phenylalanine (FMLP) and leukotriene B4 (LTB4) when co-injected with prostaglandin E2 (PGE2)...
- Carbamazepine affects neutrophil function through an action on peripheral benzodiazepine receptorsE Caldiroli
Department of Internal Medicine and Therapeutics, University of Pavia, Italy
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 19:367-82. 1997..42-168 microM) concentration-dependently inhibited chemotaxis induced by N-formyl-methionyl-leucyl-phenylalanine (FMLP) or lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-activated human serum...
- Inhibitory effects of local anesthetics on migration, extracellular release of lysosomal enzyme, and superoxide anion production in human polymorphonuclear leukocytesS Sasagawa
Department of Pathology, Radiation Effects Research Foundation, Hiroshima, Japan
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 13:607-22. 1991..PMN were stimulated by fMet-Leu-Phe (FMLP) or phorbol myristate acetate (PMA) to elicit chemotaxis, extracellular release of beta-glucuronidase (BGL) and ..
- Reactive oxygen species in essential hypertension and non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitusN N Orie
, University of Bochum, Germany
Am J Hypertens 12:1169-74. 1999..03+/-0.22 nmol/10(6) cells) or controls (4.05+/-0.15 nmol/10(6) cells). The formyl-Met-Leu-Phenylalanine-(fMLP)-induced ROS generation was significantly higher in NIDDM (21.92+/-2.23 nmol/10(6) cells; P<...
- The reaction of Campylobacter species on the chemiluminescence, chemotaxis and hemagglutinationU Ullmann
Department of Medical Microbiology, University of Kiel, FRG
Zentralbl Bakteriol Mikrobiol Hyg A 266:178-90. 1987..cultures were used as cytotoxins and compared with the chemotactic peptide, formyl-methionyl-leucine-phenylalanine (FMLP). All the supernatants of cultures of Campylobacter sp. were chemotactic for PMNG...
- [A study of enhancing effects of monocyte culture supernatant on polymorphonuclear neutrophils-chemiluminescence--comparison between normal controls and collagen disease patients]Y Shimatsu
Department of Medicine (II, Niigata University Medical School, Japan
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 66:679-85. 1992..In normal controls, N-formyl-methionyl-leucyl-phenylalanine (FMLP) induced PMN-CL was enhanced when PMN were previously incubated for 15 minutes with monocyte culture supernatant (..
- Strain-dependency of leukotriene C4 generation from isolated lungs of immunized miceC Zuany Amorim
, , INSERM No 285, Paris, France
Br J Pharmacol 112:1230-6. 1994..However, N-formyl-L-methionyl-L-leucyl-L- phenylalanine (fMLP, 0...
- The effect of cyclic AMP and cyclic GMP phosphodiesterase inhibitors on the superoxide burst of guinea-pig peritoneal macrophagesN C Turner
Dagenham Research Centre, Rhone Poulenc Rorer Ltd, Dagenham, Essex
Br J Pharmacol 108:876-83. 1993..6 +/- 3.76% by 1 microM salbutamol. 3. The increase in superoxide generation elicited by FMLP (10(-9)-10(-5)M) was unaffected by any of the PDE inhibitors studied...
- Hydrogen peroxide modulation of the superoxide anion production by stimulated neutrophilsI Dekaris
Department of Ophthalmology, GH "Sveti Duh, Zagreb, Croatia
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 20:103-17. 1998..This effect was not observed when phorbol myristate acetate (PMA), formyl-methionyl-leucyl-phenylalanine (fMLP) or tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNF alpha) were used as a stimuli...
- Role of platelet-activating factor (PAF) in platelet accumulation in rabbit skin: effect of the novel long-acting PAF antagonist, UK-74,505F Pons
Department of Applied Pharmacology, National Heart and Lung Institute, London
Br J Pharmacol 109:234-42. 1993..not affect oedema induced by zymosan particles, bradykinin (BK), histamine, formyl-methionyl-leucylphenylalanine (FMLP), zymosan-activated plasma (ZAP, as a source of C5a des Arg), leukotriene B4 (LTB4) or interleukin-8 (IL-8). 4...
- Effects of the angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitor temocapril on insulin sensitivity and its effects on renal sodium handling and the pressor system in essential hypertensive patientsY Miyazaki
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Sapporo Medical University School of Medicine, Japan
Am J Hypertens 11:962-70. 1998..and paraaminohippuric acid were used to calculate fractional proximal and distal tubular reabsorption of sodium (FPR(Na), FDR(Na)) and renal plasma flow (RPF) before and during insulin infusion by the glucose clamp method...
- Methionine-enkephalin primes human neutrophils for enhanced superoxide anion productionH Haberstock
Department of Experimental Biology and Medicine, Laboratory for Biological Response Modifiers, Zagreb, Croatia
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 19:135-45. 1997..but it enhanced the O2- generation stimulated by the chemotactic peptide N-formyl-methionyl-leucyl-phenylalanine (fMLP) or human recombinant interferon gamma (hrIFN gamma) when the cells had been preincubated with MENK for 30 min at ..
- Do etomidate and propofol influence oxygen radical production of neutrophils?M Weiss
Department of Anesthesiology, Universitatsklinikum, Ulm, Germany
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 18:291-307. 1996..alcoholic vehicle and in a lipid-emulsion as well as those of propofol on N-formyl-methionyl-leucyl-phenylalanine (FMLP-) and zymosan-induced oxygen radical production of neutrophils were examined and compared with the effects of their ..
- Benzodiazepines inhibit in vitro free radical formation from human neutrophils induced by FMLP and A23187F Laghi Pasini
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Siena, Italy
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 9:101-14. 1987..superoxide anion generation and chemiluminescence from human neutrophils stimulated by the formylated oligopeptide FMLP and by the calcium ionophore A23187...
- [Studies on defense effects of recombinant human granulocyte colony-stimulating factor (G-CSF) to infections. II. Priming effect for superoxide production by human neutrophil]J Kadota
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Nagasaki University School of Medicine
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 64:430-5. 1990..with enhance of O2- release stimulated by the chemotactic peptide, N-formyl-methionyl-leucyl-phenylalanine (FMLP) from 10(-6) to 10(-8) M, but not by the non chemoattractant such as phorbol myristate acetate (PMA), concanavalin ..
- Sulfide influence on polymorphonuclear functions: a possible role for Ca2+ involvementM A Mariggio
Department of Biomedical Sciences and Human Oncology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Bari, Italy
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 19:393-404. 1997..of the calcium-dependent cytoskeleton activities such as chemotaxis and azurophilic granule release induced by FMLP. No effect was observed on the calcium-independent specific granule release obtained by PMA...
- Enhancing and priming of macrophages for superoxide anion production by taxolH O Pae
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Wonkwang University School of Medicine, Chonbuk, Korea
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 20:27-37. 1998..7 cells to enhance O2- release stimulated with PMA. Taxol also enhanced stimulation of O2- production by FMLP, but not by Con A...
- Flavonoid modulation of murine neutrophil cytokinesisM T Kenny
MerrellDow Research Institute, Indianapolis, Indiana 46268-0460
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 12:527-41. 1990..In this study, flavone and six hydroxylated analogues were examined for their effect on the FMLP-directed and the random migration of murine peritoneal exudate neutrophils. Flavone significantly (p less than 0...
- Enhancing and inhibitory effects of nitric oxide on superoxide anion generation in human polymorphonuclear leukocytesM Morikawa
Department of Pharmacology, Tokyo College of Pharmacy, Hachioji, Japan
Br J Pharmacol 115:1302-6. 1995..showed a biphasic concentration-dependent effect on O2- generation induced by f-methionyl-leucyl-phenylalanine (FMLP)...
- Expression of annexin-1 in equine leucocytes and the effects of the N-terminal annexin-1 peptide, Ac2-26, on equine neutrophil superoxide productionKirstie J Pickles
Department of Veterinary Basic Sciences, The Royal Veterinary College, Hawkshead Campus, Hawkshead Lane, North Mymms, Hertfordshire AL9 7TA, UK
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 135:226-33. 2010..reduction of cytochrome (cyt) C following stimulation with Ac2-26 and the formyl peptide receptor (FPR) agonists, FMLP, WKYMVm and WKYMVM...
- Differential contribution of bacterial N-formyl-methionyl-leucyl- phenylalanine and host-derived CXC chemokines to neutrophil infiltration into pulmonary alveoli during murine pneumococcal pneumoniaJean François Gauthier
Research Center for Infectious Diseases, Laval University, Quebec, Canada G1V 4G2
Infect Immun 75:5361-7. 2007..Bacterium-derived N-formyl peptides (N-formyl-methionyl-leucyl-phenylalanine [fMLP]) and host-derived chemokines (KC and macrophage inflammatory protein 2 [MIP-2]) are likely candidates among ..
- Similar age-related changes of free intracellular calcium in lymphocytes and central neurons: effects of Alzheimer's diseaseH Hartmann
Department of Psychopharmacology, Central Institute of Mental Health, Mannheim, Germany
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 243:218-23. 1994..Also no age-related or AD-specific changes were found in granulocytes after stimulation with N-formyl-methionyl-leucyl-phenylalanine (fMLP).(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)
- Characterization of the PGE receptor subtype mediating inhibition of superoxide production in human neutrophilsE Talpain
Department of Pharmacology, University of Edinburgh
Br J Pharmacol 114:1459-65. 1995..receptor subtype mediating the inhibition of superoxide anion generation by formyl methionyl leucine phenylalanine (FMLP)-stimulated human neutrophils, and to test the hypothesis that adenosine 3':5'-cyclic monophosphate (cyclic AMP) is ..
- Membrane depolarization was required to induce DNA synthesis in murine macrophage cell line PU5-1.8S K Kong
Department of Biochemistry, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 13:329-39. 1991..calf serum (FCS), lipopolysaccharide (LPS), epidermal growth factor (EGF), N-formyl-methionyl-leucyl-phenylalanine (FMLP) and bradykinin (BK), only FCS caused DNA synthesis and membrane depolarization...
- Formyl peptide receptors on immune and nonimmune cells: analysis of sequence conservation in FPR genesM A Panaro
Department of Human Anatomy and Histology, University of Bari, Bari, Italy
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 29:243-69. 2007..We examined the patterns of conservation/mutation within the FPR group of genes, as studied in 16 mRNAs from different species...
- Effects of BX661A, a new therapeutic agent for ulcerative colitis, on chemotaxis and reactive oxygen species production in polymorphonuclear leukocytes in comparison with salazosulfapyridine and its metabolite sulfapyridineI Kimura
Infusion Research Department, Hoechst Marion Roussel Ltd, Saitama, Japan
Arzneimittelforschung 48:1163-7. 1998..39, 2.17 mmol/l, respectively) and by N-formyl-methionyl-leucyl-phenylalanine (FMLP) with IC50 values of 0.55, 0.06 and 0.66 mmol/l, respectively...
- Chemotaxis of chinese hamster ovary cells expressing the human neutrophil formyl peptide receptor: role of signal transduction molecules and alpha5beta1 integrinH M Miettinen
Department of Microbiology, Montana State University, Bozeman, MT 59717 3520, USA
J Cell Sci 111:1921-8. 1998..N-formyl peptide receptor (FPR) of human neutrophils by ligands such as N-formyl-methionine-leucine-phenylalanine (fMLP) induces mobilization of intracellular calcium, cell adhesion, chemotaxis, superoxide production and degranulation...
- Decreased agonist-stimulated Ca2+ response in neutrophils from patients under chronic lithium therapyU Förstner
Department of Psychiatry, University of Freiburg, Germany
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 243:240-3. 1994..Cells were stimulated with the chemotactic peptide formylmethionylleucylphenylalanin (fMLP) and the Ca2+ concentrations measured with the fluorescent Ca2+ indicator Fura-2...
- The N-formyl peptide receptors and the anaphylatoxin C5a receptors: an overviewMarie Josephe Rabiet
Laboratoire de Biochimie et de Biophysique des Systèmes Intégrés, CEA, CNRS, Universite Joseph Fourier, Institut de Recherches en Technologies et Sciences pour le Vivant iRTSV, Commissariat a l Energie Atomique Grenoble, 38054 Grenoble Cedex 9, France
Biochimie 89:1089-106. 2007..Emphasis is placed on the members of the N-formyl peptide receptor family, namely FPR (N-formyl peptide receptor), FPRL1 (FPR like-1) and FPRL2 (FPR like-2), and the complement fragment C5a receptors (..
- Physiological consequences of the complete loss of phosphoryl-transfer proteins HPr and FPr of the phosphoenolpyruvate:sugar phosphotransferase system and analysis of fructose (fru) operon expression in Salmonella typhimuriumD A Feldheim
Department of Biology, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla 92093
J Bacteriol 172:5459-69. 1990..The fru operon consists of three structural genes: fruB(MH), which encodes the enzyme IIIFru-modulator-FPr tridomain fusion protein of the PTS; fruK, which encodes fructose-1-phosphate kinase; and fruA, which encodes ..
- An fMLP receptor is involved in activation of phagocytosis by hemocytes from specific insect speciesErick Garcia-Garcia
Department of Immunology, Instituto de Investigaciones Biomedicas, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Mexico City, Mexico
Dev Comp Immunol 33:728-39. 2009..Treating hemocytes with Pertussis toxin, a known inhibitor of the signaling pathway initiated by the mammalian fMLP receptor, returned phagocytosis to basal levels...
- The rabbit neutrophil N-formyl peptide receptor. cDNA cloning, expression, and structure/function implicationsR D Ye
Department of Immunology, Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037
J Immunol 150:1383-94. 1993..receptors that share extensive sequence homology with the FPR, yet lack the capability of high affinity binding to FMLP. These findings prompted us to identify the structural requirement for formyl peptide ligand binding by delineation ..
- Gastrin-releasing peptide/neuromedin B receptor antagonists PD176252, PD168368, and related analogs are potent agonists of human formyl-peptide receptorsIgor A Schepetkin
Department of Veterinary Molecular Biology, Montana State University, Bozeman, MT 59717, USA
Mol Pharmacol 79:77-90. 2011..ability to induce intracellular Ca²+ mobilization in human neutrophils and HL-60 cells transfected with human FPR1, FPR2, or FPR3...
- Mechanisms underlying reduced responsiveness of neonatal neutrophils to distinct chemoattractantsB Weinberger
Department of Pediatrics Neonatology, UMDNJ Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Rutgers University, Piscataway, New Jersey, USA
J Leukoc Biol 70:969-76. 2001..2, was reduced in neonates when compared with adult cells. This did not appear to be a result of decreased fMLP receptor or DL1.2 antigen expression by neonatal neutrophils. fMLP, but not DL1...
- N-formyl peptide receptors internalize but do not recycle in the absence of arrestinsCharlotte M Vines
Department of Cell Biology and Physiology, The University of New Mexico Cancer Research and Treatment Center, University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center, Albuquerque, NM 87131, USA
J Biol Chem 278:41581-4. 2003..To understand the role of arrestins in N-formyl peptide receptor (FPR) trafficking, we stably expressed the FPR in a mouse embryonic fibroblast cell line (MEF) that lacked endogenous ..
- Quantitative analysis of formyl peptide receptor coupling to g(i)alpha(1), g(i)alpha(2), and g(i)alpha(3)K Wenzel-Seifert
Higuchi Biosciences Center, The University of Kansas, Lawrence, Kansas 66045 2505, USA
J Biol Chem 274:33259-66. 1999The human formyl peptide receptor (FPR) is a prototypical G(i) protein-coupled receptor, but little is known about quantitative aspects of FPR-G(i) protein coupling...
- Involvement of Phospholipase D 1 and 2 in the subcellular localization and activity of formyl-peptide-receptors in the human colonic cell line HT29Lars Ove Brandenburg
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, RWTH Aachen University, Wendlingweg 2, Aachen, Germany
Mol Membr Biol 26:371-83. 2009..In particular, the formyl peptide receptor (FPR) family and their three human subtypes: FPR, formyl-peptide-receptor-like-1 (FPRL1) and FPRL2, are involved in the ..
- HIV-1 envelope gp41 peptides promote migration of human Fc epsilon RI+ cells and inhibit IL-13 synthesis through interaction with formyl peptide receptorsAmato de Paulis
Division of Clinical Immunology and Allergy, University of Naples Federico II, Via Sergio Pansini 5, 80131 Naples, Italy
J Immunol 169:4559-67. 2002..Preincubation of basophils with FMLP or gp41 2019 resulted in complete desensitization to a subsequent challenge with homologous stimulus...
- Differential activation of polymorphisms of the formyl peptide receptor by formyl peptidesJohn S Mills
Montana State University, 109 Lewis Hall, Bozeman, MT 59717 3520, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1772:1085-92. 2007..the role of two polymorphic sites (R190W and N192K) on the binding and activation of the formyl peptide receptor (FPR) by viral and formyl peptides...
- Identification of putative sites of interaction between the human formyl peptide receptor and G proteinH M Miettinen
Department of Microbiology, Montana State University, Bozeman, Montana 59717 3520, USA
J Biol Chem 274:27934-42. 1999..All cell surface-expressed mutant receptors bound N-formyl peptide with similar affinities as wild-type FPR, suggesting that the mutations did not affect the ligand-binding site...
- Characterisation of receptor binding by the chemotaxis inhibitory protein of Staphylococcus aureus and the effects of the host immune responseAndrew J Wright
Department of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, University of Sheffield, Sheffield S10 2TN, UK
Mol Immunol 44:2507-17. 2007..human C5a receptor (C5aR), but had low affinity for the second C5a receptor, C5L2, and the formyl peptide receptor, FPR. Although ligand binding to C5aR was potently inhibited, CHIPS(28-149) had much weaker effects on ligand binding to ..
- Receptor cleavage reduces the fluid shear response in neutrophils of the spontaneously hypertensive ratAngela Y Chen
Department of Bioengineering, Institute of Engineering in Medicine, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093 0412, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 299:C1441-9. 2010..stress evokes pseudopod retraction in normal leukocytes by a mechanism that involves the formyl peptide receptor (FPR) as mechanosensor...
- The synthetic chemoattractant Trp-Lys-Tyr-Met-Val-DMet activates neutrophils preferentially through the lipoxin A(4) receptorC Dahlgren
The Phagocyte Research Laboratory, Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, University of Goteborg, Goteborg, Sweden
Blood 95:1810-8. 2000..The fact that binding of fML[(3)H]F was inhibited by both fMLF and WKYMVm suggests that N-formyl peptide receptor (FPR) is shared by these peptides...
- The hederagenin saponin SMG-1 is a natural FMLP receptor inhibitor that suppresses human neutrophil activationTsong Long Hwang
Graduate Institute of Natural Products, Chang Gung University, Taoyuan 333, Taiwan
Biochem Pharmacol 80:1190-200. 2010..Taken together, our results demonstrate that SMG-1 is a natural inhibitor of the FMLP receptor, which may have the potential to be developed into a useful new therapeutic agent for treating neutrophilic ..
- In vitro and in vivo interactions of ferredoxin-NADP+ reductases in Pseudomonas putidaJinki Yeom
Division of Environmental Science and Ecological Engineering, Korea University, Seoul 136 075
J Biochem 145:481-91. 2009Ferredoxin-NADP(+) reductase (Fpr) is known to control NADP(+)/NADPH pool in proteobacteria. There is only one fpr gene present in most proteobacteria, but Pseudomonas putida has two Fprs (FprA and FprB)...
- The human formyl peptide receptor as model system for constitutively active G-protein-coupled receptorsRoland Seifert
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, The University of Kansas, Malott Hall, Room 5064, 1251 Wescoe Hall Drive, Lawrence, KS 66045 7582, USA
Life Sci 73:2263-80. 2003..The human formyl peptide receptor (FPR) exists in several isoforms (FPR-26, FPR-98 and FPR-G6) and activates chemotaxis and cytotoxic cell functions of ..
- Identification of novel small-molecule agonists for human formyl peptide receptors and pharmacophore models of their recognitionLiliya N Kirpotina
Veterinary Molecular Biology, Montana State University, Bozeman, MT 59717, USA
Mol Pharmacol 77:159-70. 2010N-formyl peptide receptor (FPR1) and N-formyl peptide receptor-like 1 (FPRL1, now known as FPR2) are G protein-coupled receptors involved in host defense and sensing cellular dysfunction...
- A homolog of formyl peptide receptor-like 1 (FPRL1) inhibitor from Staphylococcus aureus (FPRL1 inhibitory protein) that inhibits FPRL1 and FPRCristina Prat
Medical Microbiology, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Immunol 183:6569-78. 2009..protein inhibits neutrophil calcium mobilization and chemotaxis induced by the FPRL1-ligand MMK-1 and FPR-ligand fMLP. While its FPRL1-inhibitory activity lies in the comparable nanomolar range of FLIPr, its antagonism of the FPR is ..
- Formyl peptide receptor-like 2 is expressed and functional in plasmacytoid dendritic cells, tissue-specific macrophage subpopulations, and eosinophilsThalie Devosse
Institut de Recherche Interdisciplinaire en Biologie Humaine et Moleculaire, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium
J Immunol 182:4974-84. 2009The formyl peptide receptor (FPR) is a key player in innate immunity and host defense mechanisms. In humans and other primates, a cluster of genes encodes two related receptors, FPR-like 1 and FPR-like 2 (FPRL1 and FPRL2)...
- Structural relatedness between the 18S rRNA genes and the formyl peptide receptor genes: new insights into the phylogenesis of immune receptorsM A Panaro
Department of Human Anatomy and Histology, University of Bari, Italy
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 30:291-305. 2008..sequences of all >or=7-base oligonucleotide identities occurring in at least one of the 18S rRNAs and one of the FPR mRNAs were recorded...
- Signaling in lipopolysaccharide-induced stabilization of formyl peptide receptor 1 mRNA in mouse peritoneal macrophagesPalash Mandal
Department of Immunology, Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
J Immunol 178:2542-8. 2007..LY2 but not parthenolide blocked the LPS-induced stabilization of FPR1 mRNA...
- Mechanism of the protective effect of intraperitoneally administered agonists for formyl peptide receptors against chemotherapy-induced alopeciaTakahiro Tsuruki
Division of Food Science and Biotechnology, Graduate School of Agriculture, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 71:1198-202. 2007..MMK-1, a selective agonist of formyl peptide receptor-like 1 (FPRL1) receptor, the low affinity subtype of the fMLP receptor, prevented the alopecia in neonatal rats induced by the anticancer agent etoposide...
- Interleukin-18 primes the oxidative burst of neutrophils in response to formyl-peptides: role of cytochrome b558 translocation and N-formyl peptide receptor endocytosisCarole Elbim
Unité Inserm U479, Faculte de Medecine Xavier Bichat, 16 rue Henri Huchard, 75877 Paris Cedex 18, France
Clin Diagn Lab Immunol 12:436-46. 2005..This suggests that fMLP receptor endocytosis could account, at least in part, for the priming of O2 degrees- production...
- House dust mite allergen activates human eosinophils via formyl peptide receptor and formyl peptide receptor-like 1Lena Svensson
Department of Clinical Bacteriology, Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
Eur J Immunol 37:1966-77. 2007..g. the formyl peptide receptor (FPR), CC chemokine receptor 3 (CCR3) and leukotriene receptor B4 (LTB(4)R)...
- Computational structure-activity relationship analysis of small-molecule agonists for human formyl peptide receptorsAndrei I Khlebnikov
Department of Chemistry, Altai State Technical University, Barnaul 656038, Russia
Eur J Med Chem 45:5406-19. 2010..as therapeutic targets, recent efforts have focused on identification of non-peptide agonists for two FPR subtypes, FPR1 and FPR2...
- The mechanism for activation of the neutrophil NADPH-oxidase by the peptides formyl-Met-Leu-Phe and Trp-Lys-Tyr-Met-Val-Met differs from that for interleukin-8Huamei Fu
Department of Rheumatology and Inflammation Research, University of Goteborg, Goteborg, Sweden
Immunology 112:201-10. 2004..Here we show that triggering of the formyl peptide receptor (FPR) with f-Met-Leu-Phe (fMLF) substantially reduced the neutrophil superoxide production induced by activation of the ..
- Microfluidic devices for characterizing the agonist of formyl peptide receptor in RBL-FPR cellsNannan Ye
Department of Biotechnology, Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 457 Zhongshan Road, Dalian, 116023, China
Biomed Microdevices 12:513-21. 2010The human formyl peptide receptor (FPR) plays an important role in inflammation and immunity. Finding of specific agonists and antagonists of FPR may provide potential therapeutic agents for FPR related disorders...
- Human mitochondria-derived N-formylated peptides are novel agonists equally active on FPR and FPRL1, while Listeria monocytogenes-derived peptides preferentially activate FPRMarie Josephe Rabiet
CEA Grenoble, Département de Dynamique et Réponse Cellulaires, Laboratoire de Biochimie et de Biophysique des Systèmes Intégrés, UMR 5092 CEA CNRS Université Joseph Fourier, Grenoble, France
Eur J Immunol 35:2486-95. 2005..In this study, HL-60 cell lines expressing the human N-formyl peptide receptor FPR or its two homologues (FPRL1, FPRL2) were used to determine the receptor selectivity of N-formylated peptides ..
- Characterization of the human fMLP receptor in neutrophils and in Xenopus oocytesSigrid Wittmann
Department of Anaesthesia, University of Regensburg, 93042 Regensburg, Germany Welsh School of Pharmacy, Cardiff University, Cardiff CF10 3XF
Br J Pharmacol 135:1375-82. 20021. N-formyl peptides (e.g. fMLP; N-formyl-L-methionyl-L-leucyl-phenylalanine) are potent mediators for inflammatory reactions...
- Sesamin inhibits bacterial formylpeptide-induced inflammatory responses in a murine air-pouch model and in THP-1 human monocytesYouhong Cui
Key Laboratory of Nutrition and Metabolism, Institute for Nutritional Sciences, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Shanghai, 200031, China
J Nutr 140:377-81. 2010..fMLF is recognized by a human G protein-coupled receptor formyl peptide receptor (FPR) on phagocytic leukocytes. Sesamin at concentrations between 12...
- X-ray crystallographic and solution state nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopic investigations of NADP+ binding to ferredoxin NADP reductase from Pseudomonas aeruginosaAn Wang
Ralph N Adams Institute for Bioanalytical Chemistry and Department of Chemistry, University of Kansas, Multidisciplinary Research Building, 2030 Becker Drive, Room 220 E, Lawrence, Kansas 66047, USA
Biochemistry 47:8080-93. 2008The ferredoxin nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate reductase from Pseudomonas aeruginosa ( pa-FPR) in complex with NADP (+) has been characterized by X-ray crystallography and in solution by NMR spectroscopy...
- Molecular cloning of the fMet-Leu-Phe receptor from neutrophilsK M Thomas
Department of Physiology, Boston University School of Medicine, Massachusetts 02118
J Biol Chem 265:20061-4. 1990..In a previous communication we reported the functional reconstitution of the fMLP receptor in Xenopus laevis oocytes (Coats, W. D., and Navarro, J. (1990) J. Biol. Chem. 265, 5964-5966)...
- Glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase and ferredoxin-NADP(H) reductase contribute to damage repair during the soxRS response of Escherichia coliMariana Giró
Instituto de Biologia Molecular y Celular de Rosario IBR, CONICET, División Biología Molecular, Facultad de Ciencias Bioquimicas y Farmaceuticas, Universidad Nacional de Rosario, Suipacha 531, 2000 Rosario, Argentina
Microbiology 152:1119-28. 2006..The NADP(H)-dependent enzymes glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PDH) and ferredoxin(flavodoxin)-NADP(H) reductase (FPR), encoded by the zwf and fpr genes, respectively, are committed members of the soxRS regulatory system involved in ..
- Restoration of neutrophil immunocompetence after cardiopulmonary bypass by beta-adrenergic blockersBenedikt Trabold
Department of Anesthesiology, University Medical Center, Regensburg, Germany
Surgery 147:562-74. 2010..Therefore, we studied the importance of adrenoceptors for the immunomodulation of neutrophils by catecholamines in vitro...
- Evidence for the presence of N-formyl-methionyl-leucyl-phenylalanine (fMLP) receptor ligands in human amniotic fluid and fMLP receptor modulation by physiological labourCarla Biondi
Department of Biology, University of Ferrara, 44100 Ferrara, Italy
J Reprod Immunol 68:71-83. 2005..to induce prostaglandin E2 synthesis in the human amnion prompted us to investigate for: (1) the presence of fMLP receptor ligands (fMLPRL) in the amniotic fluid; (2) expression of the fMLP receptor in amniotic tissue; (3) the effect ..
- Anaesthetic sensitivity of fMLP-induced cell signalling in Xenopus oocytesSigrid Wittmann
Department of Anaesthesiology, University of Regensburg, 93042 Regensburg, Germany
Int Immunopharmacol 6:61-70. 2006..Xenopus oocytes were microinjected with cRNA encoding the fMLP receptor and fMLP-stimulated (100 nM) currents measured, using two-electrode voltage-clamp (-70 mV), before and after ..
- Inhibition by recombinant SLPI and half-SLPI (Asn55-Ala107) of elastase and cathepsin G activities: consequence for neutrophil-platelet cooperationP Renesto
, , Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
Br J Pharmacol 108:1100-6. 1993..In this experimental system, addition of SLPI or 1/2 SLPI before N-formyl-Met-Leu-Phe (fMLP) led to the inhibition of the resulting platelet activation...
- Type II diabetics with macrovascular complications: polymorphonuclear leukocyte (PMN) filtration, PMN membrane fluidity and cytosolic Ca2+ content after activationG Caimi
Istituto di Clinica Medica e Malattie Cardiovascolari, , Italy
Horm Metab Res 30:72-6. 1998..PMA (4-phorbol 12-myristate 13-acetate) and fMLP (N-formyl-methionyl-leucyl-phenylalanine) were used as stimulating agents...
- Stereoselective suppression of neutrophil function by ketamine?M Weiss
Department of Anesthesiology, Heinrich Heine Universitat, Dusseldorf, Germany
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 17:91-107. 1995..and the S(+)-racemate, as well as its drug-free solvent were examined by N-formyl-methionyl-leucyl-phenylalanine-(FMLP)- and zymosan-induced oxygen radical production of polymorphonuclear cells (PMN)...
- Further studies on a mixture of fatty acids from sugar cane (Saccharum officinarum) wax oil in animal models of hypersensitivityN Ledon
Molecular Immunology Center, National Center for Scientific Research, Havana Cuba
Planta Med 71:126-9. 2005..69 +/- 0.08 mg/ear). Also, the effect of this mixture was studied on the chemotaxis induced by fmlp (ED50: 25 +/- 3 microg/mL)...
- Characterization of the binding site on the formyl peptide receptor using three receptor mutants and analogs of Met-Leu-Phe and Met-Met-Trp-Leu-LeuJ S Mills
Department of Microbiology, Montana State University, Bozeman, Montana 59717, USA
J Biol Chem 275:39012-7. 2000The formyl peptide receptor (FPR) is a chemotactic G protein-coupled receptor found on the surface of phagocytes. We have previously shown that the formyl peptide binding site maps to the membrane-spanning region (Miettinen, H. M...
- Reduced expression of chemoattractant receptors by polymorphonuclear leukocytes in Hyper IgE Syndrome patientsRoni Mintz
Department of Cell Research and Immunology, George S Wise Faculty of Life Sciences, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Immunol Lett 130:97-106. 2010..To analyze this possibility, we focused on fMLP and ELR(+)-CXC chemokines - which are essential for mounting acute inflammatory responses - and determined the ..
- Small Molecule targeting of NADPH oxidase in neutrophilsMarie Dominique Filippi; Fiscal Year: 2010..interactive pocket of p67phox and is effective in suppressing oxidase activity in primary neutrophils, and (4) a fMLP-induced lung inflammation mouse model is useful for screening novel compounds for treating both acute and chronic ..
- TARGETING THE MARCKS-FAMILY PROTEINS TO INHIBIT NEUTROPHIL MIGRATIONMary K Sheats; Fiscal Year: 2013..the requirement for MARCKS-family proteins in neutrophil chemotaxis toward intermediate (IL-8, LTB4) and end-stage (fMLP, C5a) chemoattractants;(2) the mechanism by which MARCKS-family proteins regulate neutrophil migration;and (3) the ..
- Role of formyl peptide receptor variants in mucosal innate immune defenseHEINI MARITA MIETTINEN; Fiscal Year: 2010..The coding region of the FPR1 gene contains six non-synonymous single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) and four synonymous SNPs resulting in >..
- Systemic Application for Injury Site Specific Delivery via Neutrophils to Treat BXUDONG J LI; Fiscal Year: 2013..The overall hypothesis of this study is that the activated neutrophils expressig formyl peptide receptor (FPR) will bind to proteolytically resistant synthetic peptide cFLFLF and that together they will infiltrate and ..
- NUTRITIONAL SIGNIFICANCE OF POLYUNSATURATED FATTY ACIDSVincent Ziboh; Fiscal Year: 1990..Additionally, we will assess PMN functional responses by: (i) N-formylmethionyl-leucyl- phenylalanine (FMLP) and LTB4- induced shape changes; (ii) FMLP-induced secretion responses in cytochalasin B pre-treated cells and (iv)..
- MINORITY PREDOCTORAL FELLOWSHIP PROGRAMGerardo Hernandez; Fiscal Year: 2004..of these experiments is to study the effects of bacterial peptides such as N-formylmethionyl-leucyl-phenylalanine (FMLP) in a reactivated model of colitis...
- Anthrax Toxins Impair Phagocyte Actin-based MotilityFrederick Southwick; Fiscal Year: 2010..A. Compare the effects of LT on formyl-methionly-leucyl-phenylalanine (FMLP), platelet activating factor (PAF) and IgG-immune complex induction of neutrophil actin assembly using Alexa-..
- NEUTROPHIL MOVEMENT--CELLULAR AND MOLECULAR CONTROLThomas Howard; Fiscal Year: 1992..We will utilize fMLP to modify motility and cytskeletal organziation in neutrophils and quantify locomotive behavior, shape, F-actin ..
- ROLE OF MEMBRANE PROTEASE IN NEUTROPHIL ACTIVATIONCharles King; Fiscal Year: 1991..functional and structural identification of the sites of action of a function- related Ab 115 antigen/protease will provide needed understanding of the biochemical events involved in early, FMLP receptor-mediated, membrane activation.
- Center for the Spatiotemporal Modeling of Cell Signaling (STMC)Bridget S Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2013..and on the modulation of FceRI signaling by positive crosstalk with the bacteria-sensing formyl peptide receptor (FPR) and negative crosstalk with the IgG receptor, FceRIIB...
- NEUTROPHIL CHEMOTAXIS IN JUVENILE PERIODONTITISH Perez; Fiscal Year: 1993..All these functions are mediated by the binding of FP to structurally specific formyl peptide receptors (FPR) on the PMN membrane...
- Formyl peptide receptors as mediators of intestinal mucosal homeostasisAsma Nusrat; Fiscal Year: 2013..We have recently identified expression of the N-formyl peptide receptors (FPR1 and FPR2) in the intestinal epithelium...
- Targeting DAMPs in Alcoholic HepatitisRobert F Schwabe; Fiscal Year: 2013..the contribution of mtDAMPs formyl peptide, mtDNA and ATP to AH, we will measure mtDNA, formyl peptide receptor 1 (FPR1), P2X7 receptor and Toll-like receptor 9 in patients, and determine their functional contribution in murine AH ..
- Caveolin-1 and NO Regulate PMN-mediated Increases in Vascular PermeabilityRichard D Minshall; Fiscal Year: 2011..The studies will test the hypotheses that (i) fMLP activation of PMNs stimulates caveolae- mediated albumin transcytosis in endothelial cells and mediates the ..
- Effects of Formyl Peptide Receptor variants on functionJohn Mills; Fiscal Year: 2005..neutrophils demonstrated poor chemotactic response toward the formyl peptide, methionine-leucine-phenylalanine (fMLP)...
- Structure-Function Studies of Annexin I and IIHartmut Luecke; Fiscal Year: 2006..A peptide of the N-terminal domain of annexin I activates the formyl peptide receptor (FPR) on human neutrophils...
- MOLECULAR ASPECTS OF PMN FUNCTION IN DENTAL DISEASEErnesto DeNardin; Fiscal Year: 2005..3) identify and characterize residues and domains of the FMLP receptor involved in transmembrane signaling...
- FMLF BINDING SITE ON FORMYL PEPTIDE RECEPTORALGIRDAS JESAITIS; Fiscal Year: 1999..Upon binding of the bacterial peptide, the N-formyl peptide receptor (FPR) activates a guanyl nucleotide binding protein (G protein) which transduces the signal to intracellular effector ..
- NEUTROPHIL FUNCTION IN DENTAL DISEASEErnesto DeNardin; Fiscal Year: 1991..in chemotaxis involves the binding of chemotactic peptides such as N-formyl--1-methionyl-1-leucyl-1-phenylalanine (FMLP), and presumably, some message transmission from the outside to the inside of the cell...
- FORMYL PEPTIDE RECEPTOR OF HUMAN NEUTROPHILSH Perez; Fiscal Year: 1992..All these functions are mediated by the binding of fp to structurally specific formyl peptide receptors (FPR) on the PMN membrane...
- REGULATION OF HUMAN PHAGOCYTE FUNCTION BY RAC PROTEINSUlla Knaus; Fiscal Year: 2006..Our studies so far point to a role of Pak in several aspects of the fMLP-induced respiratory burst including multiple phosphorylation events and association with cytochrome b558...
- ROLE OF MONONUCLEAR LEUKOCYTES IN IMMUNITYSamuel Silverstein; Fiscal Year: 2009..g., fibrin) and chemoattractants (e.g., fMLP) block PMN migration by showing that in the presence of fibrin, fMLP blocks PMN bactericidal activity...
- Regulationof Chemoattractant Activation of NeutrophilsALGIRDAS JESAITIS; Fiscal Year: 2007..membrane domains play a role in this process, because in such domains, N-formyl peptide chemoattractant receptors (FPR) are exposed to signal transduction partners and regulators of their function and interaction...
- PHAGOCYTIC CELLS--REGULATION, DYSFUNCTION, AND DISEASEDennis Van Epps; Fiscal Year: 1990..Fluorescein derivatives of C5a, casein and f-Met-Leu-Phe-Lys (fMLP-Lys) have been prepared and similar probes labeled with red fluorochromes will be developed...
- Regulation of CD32A in neutrophilsPeriasamy Selvaraj; Fiscal Year: 2007..However, once neutrophils are activated by fMLP, a bacterial chemoattractant peptide, CD32A is converted to a functionally active state and can bind ligand ..
- Ligand selectivity of vomeronasal receptorsHiroaki Matsunami; Fiscal Year: 2013..To test the hypothesis that specific V2R or FPR vomeronasal receptors are activated by specific set of ligands, three Specific Aims are proposed: Specific Aim 1...
- Malaria and the safety of iron interventions: absorption and NTBIGary M Brittenham; Fiscal Year: 2012..a series of stable isotope studies of iron absorption in collaboration with investigators from the Laboratory fpr Human Nutrition, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH), ZCirich, Switzerland, and (ii) the Bangkok Hospital ..
- Controlling cancer with aspirin-triggered stimulation of resolutionCHARLES NICHOLAS SERHAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..To abrogate resolvin receptor activity we will use genetically engineered mice that lack the RvD1 receptor ALX/FPR-2 and a pharmacological antagonist of its receptor (ALX/FPR-2)...
- HPEPT1 IN INTESTINAL INFLAMMATIONDidier Merlin; Fiscal Year: 2009..the present application are our findings from previous studies, which demonstrated that bacterial products, such as fMLP and MDP, could be transported by the intestinal epithelial oligopeptide transporter, PepT1...
- Training Program in Endocrine and Diabetes ResearchJames G Granneman; Fiscal Year: 2013..alms at recruiting, motivating and training young endocrinologists to become ACADEMIC ENDOCRINOLOGISTS leading research fpr a better understanding and effective prevention and management strategies of endocrine-related illnesses.
- Function of secreted PLA2 group X in eosinophil biologyTeal S Hallstrand; Fiscal Year: 2013..expressed in human eosinophils and that a highly selective inhibitor of sPLA2-X attenuates CysLT formation by fMLP-stimulated eosinophils...
- BACTERIA, SIGNALING & LEUKOCYTE TRANSCRIPTION ACTIVATIONZhixing K Pan; Fiscal Year: 2010..the last funding period, we have found that bacterial lipopolysaccharide (LPS) and a forpnylated peptide (fMLP), each induce activation of cytokine gene transcription in leukocytes...
- NOVEL TECHNOLOGIES IN NEWBORN SCREENING M D MATERN; Fiscal Year: 2012..little is known to date about performance characteristics of the applied screening tests, such as false positive (FPR) and false negative rates (FNR), positive predictive values (PPV) and detection rate...
- MECHANISMS OF LEUKOCYTE ACTIVATION AND CHEMOTAXISEric Prossnitz; Fiscal Year: 2002..The specific aims of this proposal include the determination of the role of the N-formyl peptide receptor (FPR) activation I the physical binding of the receptor to G protein...
- GENETIC CONTRIBUTIONS TO RISK FACTORS IN LJPTHOMAS HART; Fiscal Year: 1999..These include neutrophil receptors C5a, fMLP, and IL-8, as well as GP1 10, diacylglycerol kinase, annexin Ill and the vitamin D binding protein...
- DIFFERENTIAL CYTOKINE SECRETION BY BASOPHILSJohn Schroeder; Fiscal Year: 2002..acting through PKC such as IL-1b and TNFa will be tested as well as non-IgE dependent agonists such as C5a or FMLP, and IL-3-like growth factors such as GMCSF and IL-5...
- BETA2 INTEGRIN SIGNALING IN HUMAN NEUTROPHILSMimi Takami; Fiscal Year: 2003..well characterized receptors such as the chemokine receptors, IL-8, C5a, and N-Formylmethionlleucyl- phenylalanine (FMLP), cytokine receptors, such as TNF, and activation of Protein Kinase C...
- PATHWAY(S) OF LEUKOCYTE EXTRAVASATION IN INFLAMMATIONAnn Dvorak; Fiscal Year: 2001..that neutrophils transmigrate across guinea pig dermal venules in response to an N-formylated chemotactic peptide, FMLP, by passing not between but by pushing cell processes through both EC and pericytes...
- NUCLEOTIDE-MEDIATED LEUKOCYTE STIMULATIONSatya Kunapuli; Fiscal Year: 2004..against the third extracellular loop of the LTB4 receptor specifically inhibit LTB4-, ATP- and ADP-, but not fMLP-, induced Mac-i expression on U937 cells...
- DEVELOPMENT OF A COMPUTER-ASSISTED ASSAY OF CELL MOTIONElliot Goldstein; Fiscal Year: 1991..will test the hypothesis that in vitro measurements-of chemotaxis using formyl methionyl leucyl phenylalanine (FMLP) for the chemoattractant are impaired to a significantly greater degree during septic periods because FMLP like ..
- LUNG VASCULAR & CELLULAR ACTIONS OF C3A, C5A, & FMLPRichard Crowell; Fiscal Year: 1991..g. formyl methionine-leucine-phenylalanine; fMLP) may be important in the development of these abnormalities...
- ENDOTHELIAL FACTORS ON GASTRIC MICROCIRCULATIONLAURENCE CHEUNG; Fiscal Year: 1999..The conditions to be studied include: 1) physiological conditions, 2) administration of complement C5a and FMLP (formyl-leucyl-methionyl-phenylalanine) which activate circulating leukocytes, a condition known to occur during ..
- BETA2 INTEGRIN SIGNALING IN HUMAN NEUTROPHILSMimi Takami; Fiscal Year: 2003..of well characterized receptors such as the chemokine receptors, IL-8, C5a, N-Formylmethionlleucyl- phenylalanine (FMLP), and activation of Protein Kinase C...
- HUMAN PMN LYSOSOME INDUCTION IN AGGRESSIVE PERIODONTITISDAVID PIPPIN; Fiscal Year: 1990..Consequently, during formyl-methionyl-leucyl-phenylaline (FMLP) stimulated degranulation much larger amounts of lysosomal enzymes were secreted extracellularly by the RPP PMNS...
- SOMATOSYMPATHETIC REFLEXES--NEUROATOMICAL SUBSTRATESDAVID RUGGIERO; Fiscal Year: 1992..projections of areas of fastigial nucleus and cerebellar cortex eliciting pressor or depressor responses (FPR or FDR), or known to release vasopressin and adrenal catecholamines; and finally 2) establish anatomical circuits ..
- Modulation of intestinal inflammation in colitis by manipulating dendritic cellsEDELMARIE RIVERA DE JESUS; Fiscal Year: 2009..TLRs are activated by specific components of microbes, such as: FMLP, LPS, PG-PS, lipoteicoic acid and certain host molecules...
- GASTROINTESTINAL MICROCIRCULATORY CHANGES DURING SEPSISLAURENCE CHEUNG; Fiscal Year: 2001..e., PAF, TNF-alpha, FMLP)...
- On Line Real Time Seizure PredictionJAMES SACKELLARES; Fiscal Year: 2009..that some algorithms can predict seizures with at least 80% sensitivity (SENS) with a false-prediction rate (FPR) of approximately 0.125 per hour...
- MOLECULAR BIOLOGY OF FACTOR X ACTIVATIONJOHN LOLLAR; Fiscal Year: 1999..8 A X-ray structure of full-length porcine D-FPR-fIXa. During the next project period, we will map inhibitory epitopes in the fVIII light chain...
- INHIBITION OF FIBRILLOGENESIS WITH B-STRAND MIMICSRobert Hammer; Fiscal Year: 2003..dynamic light scattering (DLS), analytical ultracentrifugation (AU) and fluorescence photobleaching recovery (FPR)...
- CELL SURFACE ANTIGENS ON HUMAN MACROPHAGESRobert Todd; Fiscal Year: 1999..receptor interactions involving Mo1, FcgammaRIIIB, uPA-R, FcgammaRII, and the receptor for formyl peptides (FPR) on the neutrophil membrane by (a) RET studies to define the conditions under which receptor interactions may occur ..
- MODULATION OF PHAGOCYTE ACTIVITY--MONOCLONAL ANTIBODIESDebra Laskin; Fiscal Year: 1990..2, that induces chemotaxis in neutrophilic granulocytes (PMN). DL1.2 also stimulates f-met-leu-phe (fMLP)-induced chemotaxis. By means of flow cytometry and immunofluorescence, DL1...
- Structure, Function and Dynamics of Heme Degrading EnzymesMario Rivera; Fiscal Year: 2009..are:(1) Biochemical and structural characterization of two previously unknown electron transport proteins (Bfd and Fpr), which we hypothesize function to deliver the 7 electrons needed by heme oxygenase to cleave the heme and release ..
- REGULATION OF CHEMOATTRACTANT ACTIVATION OF NEUTROPHILSALGIRDAS JESAITIS; Fiscal Year: 2003..chemoattractant-induced neutrophil responses initiated by the occupancy of N-formyl chemotactic peptide receptors (FPR)...
- INFLAMMATORY MEDIATORS, EICOSANOIDS, AND COLITISLOUISE LEDUC; Fiscal Year: 1992..data shows that pure populations of cultured colonic epithelial cells respond to the inflammatory mediators BK and fMLP by releasing eicosanoids...
- BACTERIA, SIGNALING & LEUKOCYTE TRANSCRIPTION ACTIVATIONZHIXING PAN; Fiscal Year: 2005..In the last funding period, we have found that bacterial lipopolysaccharide (LPS) and a formylated peptide (fMLP), each induce activation of cytokine gene transcription in leukocytes...
- Cell and Molecular Screens of Polyglutamine ToxicityMarc Diamond; Fiscal Year: 2004..a. Establish FPR-based assays of protein aggregation based on FRET. b. Establish FPR-based assays of cell toxicity...
- The Urokinase-CD87 System in Macrophage ActivationRobert Sitrin; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Lipid Raft Microdomains in Neutrophil FunctionROBERT GARY SITRIN; Fiscal Year: 2010..Hopefully, targeting the function of lipid raft microdomains will engender new therapeutic strategies for enhancing antimicrobial defenses and suppressing the deleterious effects of acute inflammation. ..
- RHEOLOGICAL DETERMINANTS OF MICROVASCULAR FUNCTIONHERBERT LIPOWSKY; Fiscal Year: 2009..response to G-protein mediated signaling resulting from modulation of shear stresses and stimulation by the peptide fMLP. To further elucidate the shear dependency of these phenomena, 4 specific aims are now proposed...
- Mechanisms of chemoattractant receptor regulationHEINI MIETTINEN; Fiscal Year: 2005..In the hierarchy of receptor cross-desensitization, the formyl peptide receptor (FPR) is the dominant receptor, i.e...
- Intestinal Mucosal Wound Resealing by RestitutionBrian Babbin; Fiscal Year: 2005..Such studies will provide important insights into the molecular mechanisms of restitution which will provide a basis for therapeutics aimed at promoting wound closure. ..
- Lyso-PCs activate PMNs and endothelium via PKCCHRISTOPHER SILLIMAN; Fiscal Year: 2006..Completion of these specific aims will likely result in targets for in vitro, and possibly clinical, intervention to develop methods to inhibit or to attenuate the effects of these lipids and ultimately make transfusion safer. ..
- The Role of Annexin 2 in Mucosal Wound HealingBrian Babbin; Fiscal Year: 2007..The candidates long term goal is to develop an academic career as a physician/scientist. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- REGULATION OF SECRETION FROM HUMAN BASOPHILSDonald MacGlashan; Fiscal Year: 2009..A population of subjects will be examined for this relationship. ..