Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: FOLR1
Description: folate receptor 1 (adult)
Alias: FBP, FOLR, FR-alpha, KB cells FBP, adult folate-binding protein, folate binding protein, folate receptor, adult, ovarian tumor-associated antigen MOv18
Publications201 found, 100 shown here
- Folate-binding protein is a marker for ovarian cancerI G Campbell
Imperial Cancer Research Fund, London, England
Cancer Res 51:5329-38. 1991..antigen recognized by monoclonal antibody MOv18 and its identification as a high-affinity folate-binding protein (FBP)...
- Unmetabolized folic acid and total folate concentrations in breast milk are unaffected by low-dose folate supplementsLisa A Houghton
Physiology and Experimental Medicine, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, ON, Canada
Am J Clin Nutr 89:216-20. 2009..Few data exist on the potential long-term effect of high folic acid intakes on milk folate concentrations, whereas no data are available on the effect of supplemental [6S]-5-methyltetrahydrofolate ([6S]-5-methylTHF)...
- The role of folate receptor alpha in cancer development, progression and treatment: cause, consequence or innocent bystander?Linda E Kelemen
Department of Health Sciences Research, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Int J Cancer 119:243-50. 2006..Indeed, cell culture studies show that expression of the FRalpha gene, FOLR1, is regulated by extracellular folate depletion, increased homocysteine accumulation, steroid hormone ..
- The binding of folic acid and 5-methyltetrahydrofolate to folate-binding proteins during gastric passage differs in a dynamic in vitro gastrointestinal modelMiriam Verwei
Department of Nutritional Physiology, TNO Nutrition and Food Research, 3700 AJ Zeist, The Netherlands
J Nutr 134:31-7. 2004..untreated milk, the natural folate, 5-methyltetrahydrofolate (5-CH3-H4folate), is bound to folate-binding proteins (FBP)...
- Folic acid and 5-methyltetrahydrofolate in fortified milk are bioaccessible as determined in a dynamic in vitro gastrointestinal modelMiriam Verwei
TNO WU Center for Micronutrient Research, 3700 AJ Zeist, The Netherlands
J Nutr 133:2377-83. 2003..Milk folate-binding proteins (FBP) are especially interesting because they seem to be involved in folate bioavailability...
- Molecular characterization of folate receptor 1 mutations delineates cerebral folate transport deficiencyM Grapp
Department of Paediatrics and Paediatric Neurology, University Medical Centre Göttingen, Germany
Brain 135:2022-31. 2012....
- The divergent 5' termini of the alpha human folate receptor (hFR) mRNAs originate from two tissue-specific promoters and alternative splicing: characterization of the alpha hFR gene structureP C Elwood
Medicine Branch, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Biochemistry 36:1467-78. 1997..These data demonstrate that a single gene encodes the divergent 5' termini of the alpha hFR cDNAs and that the alpha hFR transcripts are transcribed from two promoters that are activated in a tissue-specific manner...
- Folate-receptor 1 (FOLR1) protein is elevated in the serum of ovarian cancer patientsF Leung
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Clin Biochem 46:1462-8. 2013..that combines proteomics with transcriptomics and bioinformatics, our laboratory has identified folate-receptor 1 (FOLR1) and Dickkopf-related protein 3 (Dkk-3) as putative biomarkers...
- Folate-binding proteinsG B Henderson
Department of Molecular and Experimental Medicine, Scripps Clinic and Research Foundation, La Jolla, California 92037
Annu Rev Nutr 10:319-35. 1990..The third class of folate-binding proteins consists of enzymes that reside in the cytoplasm of cells...
- Purified membrane and soluble folate binding proteins from cultured KB cells have similar amino acid compositions and molecular weights but differ in fatty acid acylationC A Luhrs
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 84:6546-9. 1987A membrane-associated folate binding protein (FBP) and a soluble FBP, which is released into the culture medium, have been purified from human KB cells using affinity chromatography...
- Structural and functional analysis of the human KB cell folate receptor gene P4 promoter: cooperation of three clustered Sp1-binding sites with initiator region for basal promoter activityY Saikawa
Medicine Branch, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Biochemistry 34:9951-61. 1995....
- Neural tube defects and folate pathway genes: family-based association tests of gene-gene and gene-environment interactionsAbee L Boyles
Center for Human Genetics, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Environ Health Perspect 114:1547-52. 2006..Most studies addressed these genes individually, often with different populations providing conflicting results...
- Functional folate receptor alpha is elevated in the blood of ovarian cancer patientsEati Basal
Department of Immunology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
PLoS ONE 4:e6292. 2009..In the current study, the goal was to determine whether ovarian cancer patients (n = 30) had elevated serum levels of a fully functional intact FRalpha compared to matched healthy controls (n = 30)...
- The folate receptor alpha is frequently overexpressed in osteosarcoma samples and plays a role in the uptake of the physiologic substrate 5-methyltetrahydrofolateRui Yang
Department of Pediatrics and Molecular Pharmacology, The Albert Einstein College of Medicine, The Children s Hospital at Montefiore, Bronx, New York 10467, USA
Clin Cancer Res 13:2557-67. 2007..Although defective RFC-mediated transport was frequently identified as a mechanism of methotrexate (MTX) resistance in osteosarcoma, the status of FR and its role in this disease are unknown...
- Folate receptor overexpression is associated with poor outcome in breast cancerLynn C Hartmann
Division of Medical Oncology, Mayo Clinic Cancer Center and Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN
Int J Cancer 121:938-42. 2007..001. Our work requires validation in a larger cohort, but supports the possibility of using folate receptor-targeted approaches in the management of breast cancer...
- Coordination of iron by the ferric iron-binding protein of pathogenic Neisseria is homologous to the transferrinsA J Nowalk
Department of Molecular Genetics and Biochemistry, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pennsylvania 15261
Biochemistry 33:12769-75. 1994The ferric iron-binding protein (Fbp) functions as a periplasmic-binding protein in the high-affinity active transport of growth-essential iron by pathogenic Neisseria...
- Effect of folate-binding protein on intestinal transport of folic acid and 5-methyltetrahydrofolate across Caco-2 cellsMiriam Verwei
Physiological Sciences Dept, TNO Nutrition and Food Research, 360, 3700 AJ, Zeist, The Netherlands
Eur J Nutr 44:242-9. 2005..In milk, folate occurs bound to folate-binding proteins (FBP)...
- Linkage between fructose 1,6-bisphosphate binding and the dimer-tetramer equilibrium of Escherichia coli glycerol kinase: critical behavior arising from change of ligand stoichiometryPeng Yu
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Center for Advanced Biomolecular Research, Texas A and M University, College Station, Texas 77843 2128, USA
Biochemistry 42:4243-52. 2003..7.1.30; ATP-glycerol 3-phosphotransferase) is inhibited allosterically by fructose 1,6-bisphosphate (FBP), and this inhibition is a primary mechanism by which glucose controls glycerol utilization in vivo...
- [Quantitative and qualitative studies of Campylobacter in a sewage treatment plant]C Holler
Abteilung Hygiene, Sozialhygiene und Gesundheitswesen im Klinikum, Universitat Kiel
Zentralbl Bakteriol Mikrobiol Hyg B 185:326-39. 1988..Preston broth and -agar containing FBP supplement were used as nutrient media. The samples were incubated at 37 degrees C and 42 degrees C, respectively...
- A novel candidate for the true fructose-1,6-bisphosphatase in archaeaNaeem Rashid
Department of Synthetic Chemistry and Biological Chemistry, Graduate School of Engineering, Kyoto University, Yoshida Honmachi, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8501, Japan
J Biol Chem 277:30649-55. 2002..FBPase from strain KOD1 was partially purified, its N-terminal amino acid sequence was determined, and the gene (Tk-fbp) was cloned. Tk-fbp encoded a protein of 375 amino acid residues with a molecular mass of 41,658 Da...
- Characteristics of reduced fat milks as influenced by the incorporation of folic acidK Achanta
School of Animal Sciences, Louisiana State University Agricultural Center, Baton Rouge 70803, USA
J Dairy Sci 90:90-8. 2007..Fortification of reduced fat milks with folic acid can be accomplished without adversely affecting the product characteristics...
- Flow cytometric measurement of fluorescence (Förster) resonance energy transfer from cyan fluorescent protein to yellow fluorescent protein using single-laser excitation at 458 nmLiusheng He
Flow Cytometry Section, Office of Science and Technology, National Institute of Arthritis and Musculosketal and Skin Diseases NIH, 9000 Rockville Pike, Building 10, Room 9N228, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Cytometry A 53:39-54. 2003....
- Immunohistochemical reactivity of a monoclonal antibody prepared against human ovarian carcinoma on normal and pathological female genital tissuesR Veggian
Istituto di Ginecologia e Ostetricia, , Italy
Tumori 75:510-3. 1989..The antigen recognized by MOv18 (CaMOv18) therefore seems to be an epithelial cell marker associated with intermediate mesoderm differentiation, which can be derepressed during the neoplastic transformation of the ovary and the uterus...
- Allelic variation in the secreted folate binding protein gene is associated with uterine capacity in swineJ L Vallet
ARS, USDA, Roman L Hruska U S Meat Animal Research Center, Clay Center, NE 68933, USA
J Anim Sci 83:1860-7. 2005Previous comparisons between the cDNA and gene sequences for secreted folate binding protein (sFBP) indicated a 12-bp insertion/deletion (ins/del) polymorphism in exon 1 and a SNP that altered (Ser-Arg) the protein AA sequence...
- Characterization of the gene encoding a folate-binding protein expressed in human placenta. Identification of promoter activity in a G-rich SP1 site linked with the tandemly repeated GGAAG motif for the ets encoded GA-binding proteinE Sadasivan
Department of Medicine, State University of New York Health Science Center, Brooklyn
J Biol Chem 269:4725-35. 1994The gene encoding a folate-binding protein (FBP) expressed in human placenta has been cloned by screening a genomic library with the KB cell FBP complementary DNA...
- Functional analysis, overexpression, and kinetic characterization of pyruvate kinase from methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureusRoya Zoraghi
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, University of BritishColumbia, Vancouver, Britsih Columbia, CanadaV5Z3J5
Biochemistry 49:7733-47. 2010..with homotetramer architecture activated by AMP or ribose 5-phosphate (R5P), but not by fructose 1,6-bisphosphate (FBP), which suggests a different mode of allosteric regulation when compared with human isozymes, (2) the CT domain is ..
- Crystal structure of a hyperactive Escherichia coli glycerol kinase mutant Gly230 --> Asp obtained using microfluidic crystallization devicesMegan J Anderson
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics, California Institute of Technology, MS 128 95, Pasadena, California 91125, USA
Biochemistry 46:5722-31. 2007..activity and decreased allosteric regulation by the glycolytic pathway intermediate fructose 1,6-bisphosphate (FBP) compared to wild-type GK (GKWT)...
- Anti-ovarian carcinoma anti-T3 heteroconjugates or hybrid antibodies induce tumor cell lysis by cytotoxic T-cellsS Canevari
Instituto Nazionale per lo Studio e la Cura dei Tumori, Milan, Italy
Int J Cancer Suppl 2:18-21. 1988..Besides CTL clones, peripheral blood lymphocytes could also be used as cytolytic effectors, provided that a suitable in vitro activation scheme was used...
- Therapeutic efficacy and tumor dose estimations in radioimmunotherapy of intraperitoneally growing OVCAR-3 cells in nude mice with (211)At-labeled monoclonal antibody MX35Jörgen Elgqvist
Department of Radiation Physics, The Sahlgrenska Academy at Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
J Nucl Med 46:1907-15. 2005..Previous studies on mAb MOv18 did not allow for dosimetry because of antigen shedding in vitro...
- Fructose-1,6-bisphosphate and MK-801 by aortic arch flush for cerebral preservation during exsanguination cardiac arrest of 20 min in dogs. An exploratory studyW Behringer
Department of Anesthesiology Critical Care Medicine, Safar Center for Resuscitation Research, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, 3434 Fifth Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15260, USA
Resuscitation 50:205-16. 2001..cerebral hypothermia (which would be more readily available in the field), adding either fructose-1,6-bisphosphate (FBP, a more efficient energy substrate) or MK-801 (an N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptor blocker) would also achieve ..
- Urinary fructose-1,6-bisphosphatase activity as a marker of the damage to the renal proximal tubules in children with idiopathic nephrotic syndromeAlina Kepka
Department of Laboratory Diagnostics of the Institute Pomnik Centrum Zdrowia Dziecka, Warsaw, Poland
Clin Chem Lab Med 46:831-5. 2008..Among them is fructose-1,6-bisphosphatase (FBP-1), the key enzyme of gluconeogenesis normally present in the renal convoluted, and to smaller degree, proximal ..
- Structure of a class I tagatose-1,6-bisphosphate aldolase: investigation into an apparent loss of stereospecificityClotilde LowKam
Department of Biochemistry, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec H3C 3J7, Canada
J Biol Chem 285:21143-52. 2010..The enzyme catalyzes the reversible cleavage of four diastereoisomers (fructose 1,6-bisphosphate (FBP), psicose 1,6-bisphosphate, sorbose 1,6-bisphosphate, and tagatose 1,6-bisphosphate) to dihydroxyacetone phosphate (..
- Biokinetics of the monoclonal antibodies MOv 18, OV 185 and OV 197 labelled with 125I according to the m-MeATE method or the Iodogen method in nude mice with ovarian cancer xenograftsH Andersson
Department of Gynecological Oncology, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Gothenburg, Sweden
Acta Oncol 38:323-8. 1999..The two labelling methods were found to be equivalent. We conclude that MOv18 labelled according the m-MeATE method should be suitable for further therapeutic studies with 211Astatine in nude mice...
- Alteration of substrate specificity by a naturally-occurring aldolase B mutation (Ala337-->Val) in fructose intoleranceP Rellos
Department of Medicine, University of Cambridge, Level 5, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge CB2 2QQ, UK
Biochem J 340:321-7. 1999..8 units/mg and 4.5 units/mg towards fructose 1,6-bisphosphate (FBP) and fructose 1-phosphate (F-1-P) as substrates with Michaelis constants of 4 microM and 2.4 mM respectively...
- Characterization of feline serum ferritin-binding proteins: the presence of a novel ferritin-binding protein as an inhibitory factor in feline ferritin immunoassayHirofumi Sakamoto
Laboratory of Veterinary Biochemistry, Kitasato University, Aomori, Japan
Biometals 22:793-802. 2009..This result shows that feline serum has another FBP, which inhibits ferritin immunoassays, but not anti-ferritin autoantibody...
- R5020 and RU486 act as progesterone receptor agonists to enhance Sp1/Sp4-dependent gene transcription by an indirect mechanismAymen Shatnawi
Department of Biochemistry and Cancer Biology, Medical University of Ohio at Toledo, 3035 Arlington Avenue, Toledo, Ohio 43614, USA
Mol Endocrinol 21:635-50. 2007....
- MOv18 monoclonal antibody in diagnostic applications: capability to recognize the histotype of the original tumorC Belloni
IV Clinica Ostetrica Ginecologica, , Italy
Tumori 76:10-3. 1990..The MOv18 reagent, used as an adjuvant in cytological analysis, can help in the identification of the histotype of metastatic cells of unknown origin...
- An immunoreactive 38-kilodalton protein of Ehrlichia canis shares structural homology and iron-binding capacity with the ferric ion-binding protein familyC Kuyler Doyle
Department of Pathology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX 77555, USA
Infect Immun 73:62-9. 2005..In this study, a genus-conserved immunoreactive ferric ion-binding protein (Fbp) of Ehrlichia canis was identified and its iron-binding capability was investigated. E...
- Comparison of different SUV-based methods for monitoring cytotoxic therapy with FDG PETA Stahl
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Technische Universitat Munchen, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Ismaninger Str 22, 81675 Munich, Germany
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 31:1471-8. 2004..The aim of this study was to compare commonly applied imaging protocols and calculations of the standardised uptake value (SUV) for the early prediction of histopathological response to chemotherapy...
- Thermodynamic studies of Fenbufen, Diflunisal, and Flurbiprofen: sublimation, solution and solvation of biphenyl substituted drugsSergey V Kurkov
Institute of Solution Chemistry, Russian Academy of Sciences, 153045 Ivanovo, Russia
Int J Pharm 357:100-7. 2008..Heat capacities for Fenbufen, Diflunisal (DIF), and Flurbiprofen (FBP) were measured, and standard thermodynamic functions of sublimation were calculated (FBF: DeltaGsub298=74...
- Archaeal fructose-1,6-bisphosphate aldolases constitute a new family of archaeal type class I aldolaseB Siebers
Department of Microbiology, Universitat Essen, 45117 Essen, Germany
J Biol Chem 276:28710-8. 2001Fructose-1,6-bisphosphate (FBP) aldolase activity has been detected previously in several Archaea...
- Novel magnetic supports for small molecule affinity capture of proteins for use in proteomicsIrving Sucholeiki
MDS Proteomics Inc, Medford, MA, USA
Mol Divers 8:9-19. 2004..polymer composites were used for solid phase synthesis and for the batch affinity chromatography of folate binding protein from a protein mixture...
- Effects of the overexpression of fructose-1,6-bisphosphate aldolase on fermentation pattern and transcription of the genes encoding lactate dehydrogenase and pyruvate formate-lyase in a ruminal bacterium, Streptococcus bovisNarito Asanuma
Department of Life Science, College of Agriculture, Meiji University, Kawasaki 214 8571, Japan
J Gen Appl Microbiol 50:71-8. 2004Whether fructose-1,6-bisphosphate (FBP) triggers the transcriptional regulation of the gene expression of lactate dehydrogenase (LDH) and pyruvate formate-lyase (PFL) in Streptococcus bovis was examined by constructing a recombinant ..
- The crystal structure of a class II fructose-1,6-bisphosphate aldolase shows a novel binuclear metal-binding active site embedded in a familiar foldS J Cooper
Department of Chemistry, University of Manchester, Oxford Road, Manchester, M13 9PL, UK
Structure 4:1303-15. 1996..Fructose-1,6-bisphosphate aldolase (FBP-aldolase) is used in gluconeogenesis and glycolysis; the enzyme controls the condensation of dihydroxyacetone ..
- The curative and palliative potential of the monoclonal antibody MOv18 labelled with 211At in nude mice with intraperitoneally growing ovarian cancer xenografts--a long-term studyH Andersson
Department of Gynecological Oncology, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Gothenburg, Sweden
Acta Oncol 39:741-5. 2000..This treatment possibly delayed the production of ascites. Hopefully radioimmunotherapy with regionally administered 211At-labelled antibody will be of value in women with ovarian cancer as well...
- A novel monoclonal antibody for detection of folate receptor alpha in paraffin-embedded tissuesAmy E Smith
Novocastra Laboratories Ltd, Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Hybridoma (Larchmt) 26:281-8. 2007..This preliminary study also supports its use in immunohistochemical studies to determine the role of FR-alpha as a tumor prognostic marker and a possible therapeutic target...
- High performance capillary electrophoresis for determination of the enantiomers of 2-arylpropionic acid derivatives in human serum. Pharmacokinetic studies of ketoprofen enantiomers following administration of standard and sustained release tabletsFranciszek K Główka
Department of Physical Pharmacy and Pharmacokinetics, University of Medical Sciences, 6, Swiecickiego Street, 60 781 Poznan, Poland
J Pharm Biomed Anal 35:807-16. 2004..Racemic-ibuprofen (rac-IBP), racemic-flurbiprofen (rac-FBP), racemic-ketoprofen (rac-KTP) and (+)-S-naproxen ((+)-S-NPX--an internal standard) were chosen for these studies...
- Folate, vitamin B12 and total homocysteine levels in neonates from BrazilF D Couto
Gonçalo Moniz Research Center FIOCRUZ, Salvador, Bahia, Brazil
Eur J Clin Nutr 61:382-6. 2007..To determine folates, vitamin B12 and total homocysteine levels among neonates from mothers of low or high socioeconomic status...
- Sequence diversity within the argF, fbp and recA genes of natural isolates of Neisseria meningitidis: interspecies recombination within the argF geneJ Zhou
Microbial Genetics Group, School of Biological Sciences, University of Sussex, Falmer, UK
Mol Microbiol 6:2135-46. 1992..of the sequence diversity among meningococci, we obtained the nucleotide sequences of most of the argF, recA and fbp genes of eight meningococci of widely differing electrophoretic type (from the reference collection of Caugant)...
- Five human genes encoding F-box proteins: chromosome mapping and analysis in human tumorsD S Chiaur
Department of Pathology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
Cytogenet Cell Genet 88:255-8. 2000Members of the F-box protein (Fbp) family are characterized by an approximately 40 amino acid F-box motif...
- Fetal biophysical profile and cerebro-umbilical ratio in assessment of perinatal outcome in growth-restricted fetusesDubravko Habek
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Clinical Hospital Osijek, Croatia
Fetal Diagn Ther 18:12-6. 2003To examine the value of the fetal biophysical profile (FBP) and the Doppler cerebro-umbilical ratio (C/U) in the assessment of perinatal outcome in growth-restricted and hypoxic fetuses.
- Long-term effects of the family bereavement program on multiple indicators of grief in parentally bereaved children and adolescentsIrwin N Sandler
Department of Psychology, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ 85287 6005, USA
J Consult Clin Psychol 78:131-43. 2010This article reports on results from a randomized experimental trial of the effects of the Family Bereavement Program (FBP) on multiple measures of grief experienced by parentally bereaved children and adolescents over a 6-year period.
- Escherichia coli glycerol kinase: role of a tetramer interface in regulation by fructose 1,6-bisphosphate and phosphotransferase system regulatory protein IIIglcW Z Liu
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Texas A and M University, College Station 77843 2128
Biochemistry 33:10120-6. 1994..by protein-protein interactions with IIIglc, a phosphotransferase system protein, and by fructose 1,6-bisphosphate (FBP); each of these allosteric effectors constitutes a positive signal that glucose is available...
- Is iterative reconstruction an alternative to filtered backprojection in routine processing of dopamine transporter SPECT studies?Walter Koch
Department of Nuclear Medicine, University of Munich, Munich, Germany
J Nucl Med 46:1804-11. 2005..striatal dopamine transporter (DAT) binding is assessed by use of data reconstructed by filtered backprojection (FBP)...
- Excited-state interactions in flurbiprofen-tryptophan dyadsIgnacio Vayá
Departamento de Quimica Instituto de Tecnologia Quimica UPV CSIC, Universidad Politecnica de Valencia, Camino de Vera s n, E 46022 Valencia, Spain
J Phys Chem B 111:9363-71. 2007..on two pairs of diastereomeric dyads that contain the nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (S)- or (R)-flurbiprofen (FBP) and (S)-tryptophan (Trp), which is a relevant amino acid present in site I of human serum albumin...
- Crystal structures of Escherichia coli glycerol kinase variant S58-->W in complex with nonhydrolyzable ATP analogues reveal a putative active conformation of the enzyme as a result of domain motionC E Bystrom
Institute of Molecular Biology, Departments of Physics and Chemistry, University of Oregon, Eugene, Oregon 97403, USA
Biochemistry 38:3508-18. 1999..GK) displays "half-of-the-sites" reactivity toward ATP and allosteric regulation by fructose 1, 6-bisphosphate (FBP), which has been shown to promote dimer-tetramer assembly and to inhibit only tetramers...
- Improved tolerance to missing data in myocardial perfusion SPET using OSEM reconstructionR L Hatton
Department of Nuclear Medicine and Ultrasound, Westmead Hospital, NSW 2145 Sydney, Australia
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 31:857-61. 2004..EM algorithm (OSEM), can improve reconstruction and minimise the artefacts compared to filtered back-projection (FBP)...
- Molecular coordination of hepatic glucose metabolism by the 6-phosphofructo-2-kinase/fructose-2,6- bisphosphatase:glucokinase complexW Ed Smith
Veterans Affairs Medical Center, 1 Veterans Drive, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55417, USA
Mol Endocrinol 21:1478-87. 2007Glucokinase (GK) and 6-phosphofructo-2-kinase (PFK-2)/fructose-2,6-bisphosphatase (FBP-2) are each powerful regulators of hepatic carbohydrate metabolism that have been reported to influence each other's expression, activities, and ..
- Induced fit movements and metal cofactor selectivity of class II aldolases: structure of Thermus aquaticus fructose-1,6-bisphosphate aldolaseTina Izard
Department of Hematology Oncology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38111, USA
J Biol Chem 279:11825-33. 2004Fructose-1,6-bisphosphate (FBP) aldolase is an essential glycolytic enzyme that reversibly cleaves its ketohexose substrate into triose phosphates...
- Crystal structure of a complex of Escherichia coli glycerol kinase and an allosteric effector fructose 1,6-bisphosphateM Ormo
Institute of Molecular Biology, University of Oregon, Eugene 97403, USA
Biochemistry 37:16565-72. 1998..in the presence and absence of one of the allosteric regulators of its activity, fructose 1,6-bisphosphate (FBP), at 3.2 and 3.0 A, are presented...
- The comparison of cytotoxic T-lymphocyte effects of dendritic cells stimulated by the folate binding protein peptide cultured with IL-15 and IL-2 in solid tumorDong Kyu Kim
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Yongdong Severance Hospital, Yonsei University College of Medicine, P O Box 1217, Seoul 135 720, Korea
Yonsei Med J 43:691-700. 2002..These peptides have a restricted length of 8-11 amino acids. The folate binding protein (FBP) is overexpressed in over 90% of ovarian and 20-50% in breast cancers...
- Mediation of the effects of the family bereavement program on mental health problems of bereaved children and adolescentsJenn Yun Tein
Department of Psychology, Prevention Research Center, Arizona State University, Tempe, USA
Prev Sci 7:179-95. 2006This study presents an analysis of mediation of the effects of the Family Bereavement Program (FBP) to improve mental health outcomes of girls at 11 months following program participation...
- [Effects of maternal anemia on computerized cardiotocography and fetal biophysical profile]Roseli Mieko Yamamoto Nomura
Faculdade de Medicina, Departamento de Obstetricia e Ginecologia, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brasil
Rev Bras Ginecol Obstet 31:615-20. 2009To evaluate the influence of maternal hemoglobin (Hb) levels in the patterns of fetal heart rate (FHR) and in the fetal biophysical profile (FBP) in term gestations.
- Identification of a fibronectin binding protein from Streptococcus mutansJ S Chia
Graduate Institute of Microbiology, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
Infect Immun 68:1864-70. 2000..130 kDa, as detected by far-Western immunoblotting. The candidate Fn binding protein (FBP-130) was purified to near homogeneity by using Fn coupled Sepharose 4B affinity column chromatography...
- Ecdysone-regulation of synthesis and processing of fat body protein 1, the larval serum protein receptor of Drosophila melanogasterT Burmester
Institut Jacques Monod, Biologie du Développement, CNRS et Université Paris 6 et Paris 7, France
Eur J Biochem 262:49-55. 1999..Here, we show that the product of the ecdysteroid-inducible gene Fbp-1 (Fat Body Protein 1) is the receptor that binds LSP-1...
- Structural mechanism for the fine-tuning of CcpA function by the small molecule effectors glucose 6-phosphate and fructose 1,6-bisphosphateMaria A Schumacher
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Unit 1000, University of Texas, MD Anderson Cancer Center University, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Mol Biol 368:1042-50. 2007..of CCR is accomplished by the small molecule effectors, glucose 6-phosphate (G6P) and fructose 1,6-bisphosphate (FBP), which somehow enhance CcpA-(HPr-Ser46-P) binding to DNA...
- Role of attenuation correction to discriminate defects caused by left bundle branch block versus coronary stenosis in single photon emission computed tomography myocardial perfusion imagingTobias Hoefflinghaus
Cardiovascular Center, University Hospital Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Clin Nucl Med 33:748-51. 2008..To define the impact of attenuation correction (AC) on interpretation of perfusion abnormalities induced by left bundle branch block (LBBB) in myocardial perfusion imaging (MPI) and single photon emission computed tomography (SPECT)...
- Clinical correlative evaluation of an iterative method for reconstruction of brain SPECT imagesF Nobili
Services of Clinical Neurophysiology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Genoa, Viale Benedetto XV, 6, I 16132, Genoa, Italy
Nucl Med Biol 28:627-32. 2001..Mesial temporal structures are deeply located within the brain and the commonly used Filtered Back-Projection (FBP) technique does not fully take into account either the physical parameters of gamma-cameras or geometry of ..
- Comparison of maximum entropy and filtered back-projection methods to reconstruct rapid-scan EPR imagesMark Tseitlin
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Denver, Denver, CO 80208, USA
J Magn Reson 184:157-68. 2007Reconstruction of two-dimensional images by filtered back-projection (FBP) and by the maximum entropy method (MEM) was compared for spectral-spatial EPR images with differing signal-to-noise ratios...
- Avidity mechanism of dendrimer-folic acid conjugatesMallory A van Dongen
Department of Chemistry and Department of Physics, Program in Macromolecular Sciences and Engineering, and Michigan Nanotechnology Institute for Medicine and Biological Sciences, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48019, United States
Mol Pharm 11:1696-706. 2014..Such polymer conjugates have been previously demonstrated to have high avidity to folate binding protein. However, the lack of a monovalent folic acid-polymer material has prevented a full binding analysis of ..
- Characterization of ferric and ferrous iron transport systems in Vibrio choleraeElizabeth E Wyckoff
University of Texas, Section of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, 1 University Station A5000, Austin, TX 78712 0162, USA
J Bacteriol 188:6515-23. 2006..transporter Feo and a periplasmic binding protein-dependent ATP binding cassette (ABC) transport system, termed Fbp, were identified in the V. cholerae genome sequence...
- Detection of folate binding protein with enhanced sensitivity using a functionalized quartz crystal microbalance sensorWalter A Henne
Department of Chemistry, School of Chemical Engineering, and School of Mechanical Engineering and Birck Nanotechnology Center, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana 47907, USA
Anal Chem 78:4880-4. 2006In this report, we describe the development of a quartz crystal microbalance biosensor for detection of folate binding protein (FBP)...
- [Effects of transmission scan protocol and attenuation correction method on normal database of 2-[18F]fluoro-2-deoxy-D-glucose (18F-FDG) brain positron emission tomography study]Masato Kobayashi
School of Health Sciences, College of Medical, Pharmaceutical and Health Sciences, Kanazawa University
Nihon Hoshasen Gijutsu Gakkai Zasshi 66:42-8. 2010..reconstruct each image of normal volunteers, the reconstruction was performed using the filtered back-projection (FBP) method and the ordered subsets expectation maximization (OSEM) method, with transmission-based measured ..
- Regulation of the activity of lactate dehydrogenases from four lactic acid bacteriaAnna Feldman-Salit
Molecular and Cellular Modeling Group, Heidelberg Institute for Theoretical Studies, 69118 Heidelberg, Germany
J Biol Chem 288:21295-306. 2013..We combined experimental and computational approaches to investigate the effects of fructose 1,6-bisphosphate (FBP), phosphate (Pi), and ionic strength (NaCl concentration) on six LDHs from four LABs studied at pH 6 and pH 7...
- Folate absorption from folate-fortified and processed foods using a human ileostomy modelCornelia M Witthöft
Department of Food Science, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, P O Box 7051, SE 75007 Uppsala, Sweden
Br J Nutr 95:181-7. 2006..Median apparent absorption from test foods ranged from 55 to 86 %. Added folate-binding proteins (FBP) significantly reduced folate absorption from dairy products, as in the absence of FBP, AUC-dose-corrected ratios ..
- Analytical reconstruction of deconvolved Fourier rebinned PET sinogramsAdam Alessio
Department of Radiology, University of Washington Medical Center, Seattle, WA 98195 6004, USA
Phys Med Biol 51:77-93. 2006..In a common scenario, 2D filtered back projection (FBP) is applied to Fourier rebinned (FORE) data...
- Design and syntheses of novel N'-((4-oxo-4H-chromen-3-yl)methylene)benzohydrazide as inhibitors of cyanobacterial fructose-1,6-/sedoheptulose-1,7-bisphosphataseQi Dong Tu
Key Laboratory of Pesticide and Chemical Biology CCNU, Ministry of Education, Wuhan 430079, China
Bioorg Med Chem 21:2826-31. 2013Cyanobacterial fructose-1,6-/sedoheptulose-1,7-bisphoshatase (Cy-FBP/SBPase) is an important target enzyme for finding inhibitors to solve harmful algal bloom (HAB)...
- Relationship between folate-binding protein expression and cisplatin sensitivity in ovarian carcinoma cell linesF Ottone
Division of Experimental Oncology E, Istituto Nazionale per lo Studio e la Cura dei Tumori, Milan, Italy
Br J Cancer 76:77-82. 1997..In this work, we investigated whether overexpression of the folate-binding protein (FBP), a receptor involved in folate transport, might be associated with cisplatin sensitivity...
- Ultra low-dose chest CT using filtered back projection: comparison of 80-, 100- and 120 kVp protocols in a prospective randomized studyRanish Deedar Ali Khawaja
Division of Thoracic Radiology, MGH Imaging, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA Electronic address
Eur J Radiol 83:1934-44. 2014To assess lesion detection and diagnostic image quality of filtered back projection (FBP) reconstruction technique in ultra low-dose chest CT examinations.
- Lactate formation in Caldicellulosiruptor saccharolyticus is regulated by the energy carriers pyrophosphate and ATPKarin Willquist
Applied Microbiology, Lund University, P O Box 124, 22100 Lund, Sweden
Metab Eng 12:282-90. 2010..7 mM) and NAD (k(i)=0.43 mM) and (ii) allosteric activation by FBP (300%), ATP (160%) and ADP (140%). From these data a MWC-based model was derived...
- Truncation correction for oblique filtering linesStefan Hoppe
Institute of Pattern Recognition, University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Erlangen, Bavaria, Germany
Med Phys 35:5910-20. 2008State-of-the-art filtered backprojection (FBP) algorithms often define the filtering operation to be performed along oblique filtering lines in the detector...
- Autoantibodies to folate receptor during pregnancy and neural tube defect riskRobert M Cabrera
Center for Environmental and Genetic Medicine, Institute for Biosciences and Technology, Texas A and M University Health Science Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Reprod Immunol 79:85-92. 2008..cohort study has examined serum from pregnant mothers for autoantibodies to FRs, antibodies to bovine folate binding protein (FBP), and inhibition of folic acid binding to FR and FBP in association with NTD risk...
- Structural insights into the substrate binding and stereoselectivity of giardia fructose-1,6-bisphosphate aldolaseAndrey Galkin
W M Keck Laboratory for Structural Biology, Center for Advanced Research in Biotechnology, University of Maryland Biotechnology Institute, Rockville, Maryland 20850, USA
Biochemistry 48:3186-96. 2009..a member of the class II zinc-dependent aldolase family that catalyzes the cleavage of d-fructose 1,6-bisphosphate (FBP) into dihydroxyacetone phosphate (DHAP) and d-glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate (G3P)...
- A selective reaction of fructose bisphosphate aldolase with fluorescein isothiocyanate in chicken muscle extractsAndrew G Gehring
United States Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, Eastern Regional Research Center, Wyndmoor, PA 19038, USA
J Mol Recognit 21:137-47. 2008..Certain metabolites (ATP, ADP, CTP, GTP, FBP) and erythrosin B also inhibited the 5'-FITC modification of aldolase...
- Projection domain denoising method based on dictionary learning for low-dose CT image reconstructionHaiyan Zhang
School of Electronic Information Engineering, Tianjin University, Tianjin, China
J Xray Sci Technol 23:567-78. 2015..Then reconstruct CT image using filtered back projection (FBP) algorithm from the denoised sinogram...
- SPECT study of folate receptor-positive malignant and normal tissues in mice using a novel 99mTc-radiofolateCristina Müller
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Nucl Med 49:310-7. 2008..In this study SPECT/CT of FR-positive malignant and normal tissues and organs in mice was performed using an improved organometallic (99m)Tc-radiofolate...
- Folate receptor alpha regulates cell proliferation in mouse gonadotroph alphaT3-1 cellsCongjun Yao
Department of Neurosurgery and Laboratory of Molecular Neurosurgery and Biotechnology, Emory University, School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Exp Cell Res 315:3125-32. 2009..Potentially, this finding could be exploited to develop new, innovative molecular targeted treatment for human NF pituitary adenomas...
- Transciptome analysis reveals flavonoid biosynthesis regulation and simple sequence repeats in yam (Dioscorea alata L.) tubersZhi Gang Wu
Zhejiang Institute of Subtropical Crops, Zhejiang Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Wenzhou, 325005, P R China
BMC Genomics 16:346. 2015..Identifying candidate genes responsible for flavonoid biosynthesis pathway (FBP) will facilitate understanding the molecular mechanism of controlling pigment formation in yam tubers...
- Low-dose CT statistical iterative reconstruction via modified MRF regularizationHong Shangguan
National Key Laboratory for Electronic Measurement Technology, School of Information and Communication Engineering, North University of China, Taiyuan 030051, China Key Laboratory of Instrumentation Science and Dynamic Measurement, School of Information and Communication Engineering, North University of China, Taiyuan 030051, China
Comput Methods Programs Biomed 123:129-41. 2016..Compared with the conventional filtered back-projection (FBP) algorithm leading to the excessive noise in the reconstructed images, the approaches using statistical iterative ..
- Development of 4D mathematical observer models for the task-based evaluation of gated myocardial perfusion SPECTTaek Soo Lee
Department of Radiology and Radiological Sciences, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21287 USA
Phys Med Biol 60:2751-63. 2015..An analytical projector was used in the simulation and the filtered backprojection (FBP) algorithm was used in image reconstruction followed by spatial and temporal low-pass filtering with various cut-..
- An improved ordered subsets expectation maximization positron emission computerized tomography reconstructionHuafu Chen
School of Life Science and Technology, University of Electronic Science and Technology of China, 610054 Chengdu, China
Comput Biol Med 37:1780-5. 2007..Filtered back projection (FBP), that has many advantages such as simple structure and short reconstruction time, is firstly introduced into the ..
- Model-based iterative reconstruction for detection of subtle hypoattenuation in early cerebral infarction: a phantom studyMitsuo Nishizawa
Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 2, Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka, 565 0871, Japan
Jpn J Radiol 33:26-32. 2015..The detectability of low-contrast lesions was assessed on CT images reconstructed with MBIR compared with the conventional filtered back-projection (FBP) method.
- Evidence for a time-dependent association between FOLR1 expression and survival from ovarian carcinoma: implications for clinical testing. An Ovarian Tumour Tissue Analysis consortium studyM Kobel
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Calgary, Foothills Medical Center, 1403 29 St NW, Calgary, AB T2N 2T9, Canada
Br J Cancer 111:2297-307. 2014Folate receptor 1 (FOLR1) is expressed in the majority of ovarian carcinomas (OvCa), making it an attractive target for therapy...
- The core of allosteric motion in Thermus caldophilus L-lactate dehydrogenaseYoko Ikehara
From the Department of Applied Biological Science, Faculty of Science and Technology, Tokyo University of Science, 2641 Yamazaki, Noda, Chiba 278 8510, Japan
J Biol Chem 289:31550-64. 2014For Thermus caldophilus L-lactate dehydrogenase (TcLDH), fructose 1,6-bisphosphate (FBP) reduced the pyruvate S(0.5) value 10(3)-fold and increased the V(max) value 4-fold at 30 °C and pH 7...
- Protein-free fed-batch culture of non-GS NS0 cell lines for production of recombinant antibodiesJohn E Burky
Process Sciences and Engineering, PDL BioPharma, Inc, 34700 Campus Drive, Fremont, California 94555, USA
Biotechnol Bioeng 96:281-93. 2007..Peak and final lactate concentrations were low relative to a previously developed fed-batch process (FBP)...
- Innovative reconstruction algorithms in cardiac SPECT scintigraphyO Zoccarato
Nuclear Medicine Department, Scientific Institute of Veruno, Veruno, Italy
Q J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 56:230-46. 2012..Differently from the filtered back-projection (FBP), the basic principles of the iterative reconstruction techniques are less known; unclear is the way by which the ..
- Crystal structures of LacD from Staphylococcus aureus and LacD.1 from Streptococcus pyogenes: insights into substrate specificity and virulence gene regulationSang Jae Lee
Department of Chemistry, College of Natural Sciences, Seoul National University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
FEBS Lett 585:307-12. 2011..The structures suggest that the residues E189 and S300 of rabbit muscle Class I fructose-1,6-bisphosphate (FBP) aldolase are important for substrate specificity. When we mutated the corresponding residues of S...
- Weighted FBP--a simple approximate 3D FBP algorithm for multislice spiral CT with good dose usage for arbitrary pitchKarl Stierstorfer
Siemens Medical Solutions, Siemensstr 1, D 91301 Forchheim, Germany
Phys Med Biol 49:2209-18. 2004..The algorithm is a FBP algorithm: linear convolution of the parallel data along the row direction followed by a 3D backprojection...
- Noise spatial nonuniformity and the impact of statistical image reconstruction in CT myocardial perfusion imagingPascal Thériault Lauzier
Department of Medical Physics, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI, USA
Med Phys 39:4079-92. 2012..resolution in CT myocardial perfusion imaging (MPI), images are often reconstructed using filtered backprojection (FBP) algorithms from data acquired within a short-scan angular range...
- Targeted dendrimer chemotherapy in an animal model for head and neck squamous cell carcinomaBrent B Ward
Michigan Nanotechnology Institute for Medicine and Biological Sciences, and Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 69:2452-9. 2011..Using a heterotopic tumor model for head and neck squamous cell carcinoma (HNSCC), tumors of variable folate binding protein-alpha (FBP-α) have been treated to delineate receptor necessity as well as efficacy and toxicity of ..
- Preliminary evaluation of image reconstruction by ordered-subset expectation maximization in thallium-201 lung scintigraphyJingming Bai
Department of Biotracer Medicine, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kanazawa University, Japan
Ann Nucl Med 17:619-24. 2003..count ratios could be obtained using an iterative ordered-subsets expectation maximization (OSEM) algorithm than conventional filtered-back projection algorithm (FBP) in the image reconstruction of thallium-201 (201Tl) lung scintigraphy.
- Four Dimensional Cone Beam CT for Image-guided Radiation TherapyGuang Hong Chen; Fiscal Year: 2013..When standard image reconstruction algorithms, such as Filtered BackProjection (FBP), are applied to highly undersampled data sets, streaking artifacts are rampant in the reconstructed image...
- Biophysical Analysis of Folic Acid-Folate Binding Protein InteractionKumar Sinniah; Fiscal Year: 2009..As a step towards that goal, a biophysical characterization of the interaction between folic acid and folate binding protein (FBP) will be undertaken using bulk measurement methods such as surface plasmon resonance (SPR) and ..
- Simultaneous Tc-99m-MDP/I-123-MIBG Imaging of Neuroblastoma Using SPECT-CTJinsong Ouyang; Fiscal Year: 2011..Filtered back-projection (FBP) is the standard reconstruction algorithm used in clinic to reconstruct the SPECT images...
- Alpha Folate Receptor Mediated GARFTase Inhibitors as Selective Antitumor AgentsAleem Gangjee; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Fibronectin-binding Protein of Treponema Denticola in Periodontal DiseaseXiaoping Xu; Fiscal Year: 2012..The genome project of T. denticola has identified a new putative fibronectin/fibrinogen-binding protein gene, fbp (Gene ID: 2739776), which is homologous to an N-terminal segment of the prokaryotic FN-binding protein...
- TARGETING ENDOGENOUS ANTIBODIES TO OVARIAN CARCINOMAMoo Cho; Fiscal Year: 2003..Immune modulators in this application are all small molecules with MW < 3 kDa, rendering pharmacokinetic properties most favorable for sustained activity in peritoneal cavity as well as reduced potential side effects. ..
- CRYSTALLOGRAPHIC STUDIES OF NEISSERIA FE BINDING PROTEINDuncan McRee; Fiscal Year: 1999..influenza by determining the X-ray crystal structure of the pathogens' 37 kD ferric binding protein (FBP)...
- Delivery of Polyphenols in Gum for Treatment of GingivitisCraig S Miller; Fiscal Year: 2013..we have developed a novel, direct compression chewing gum formulation that contains freeze-dried blackberry powder (FBP) which is anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and antiviral...
- IRON ACQUISITION IN BORDETELLA PERTUSSISSANDRA KAY ARMSTRONG; Fiscal Year: 2013..In this research, we will define the role of key Fbp system components in Bordetella utilization of ferric siderophores and characterize an apparently novel mechanism ..
- Impact of the Family Bereavement Program Fifteen Years LaterIrwin N Sandler; Fiscal Year: 2013..young adults, in 156 families, who participated in an experimental evaluation of the Family Bereavement Program (FBP), a preventive intervention for parentally-bereaved children...
- Johns Hopkins Medicine Biomarker Discovery in Parkinson's DiseaseTed M Dawson; Fiscal Year: 2013..assess whether specific posttranslational modifications to c-Abl, a-synuclein, parkin and parkin substrates (AIMP2, FBP-1 and PARIS) are potential biomarkers...
- Ultra-Low Radiation Dose Body CT ImagingPerry Pickhardt; Fiscal Year: 2013..noise and diagnostic accuracy between ultra-low-dose DR- PICCS reconstructions and current standard-of-care dose FBP images;and performance comparison of ultra- low-dose CT with DR-PICCS against other commercially-available ..
- Significant CT Radiation Dose Reduction with Equally Sloped TomographyJianwei Miao; Fiscal Year: 2012..comparable or better image resolution, quality and contrast than the full-dose Filtered Back Projection algorithm (FBP) reconstructions [17, 18]...
- MECHANISMS OF TUMOR INITIATION BY BP AND DERIVATIVESErcole Cavalieri; Fiscal Year: 1993..BP radical cations are involved in the formation of 3- and 9-hydroxyBP, we will study the metabolism of 3- and 9-FBP with rat liver microsomes and analyze the formation of the respective hydroxy derivatives by high pressure liquid ..
- Novel IRES-specific trans acting factors that modulate EV71 translationMei Ling Li; Fiscal Year: 2007..Among the 11 novel proteins, we chose to further study the far upstream element (FUSE) binding protein (FBP) and heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein A1 (hnRNP A1) because there is no report indicating the interaction of ..
- Folate, Vitamin D and Calcium in Colorectal CancerRobert Haile; Fiscal Year: 2009..hydrolase (AHCY or SAHH), ADA (adenosine deaminase), methionine adenosyl transferase 2A (MAT2A), folate receptor (FOLR1), reduced folate carrier (RFC1 or SLC19A1), S-adenosylmethionine decarboxylase (AMD1), gastric instrinsic factor (..
- REGULATION OF GLYCEROL KINASE CATALYTIC ACTIVITYDONALD PETTIGREW; Fiscal Year: 1999..GK is inhibited by binding of dephospho-IIIglc of the phosphotransferase system and by fructose 1,6-bisphosphate (FBP)...
- Oral Infectious Disease: Virulence and Host DeterminantsDAVID CULP; Fiscal Year: 2009..Antigen I/II (Ag I/II);and 3) a putative fibronectin/fibrinogen-binding protein gene that is up-regulated at pH 5 (fbp, Smu. 1449)...
- MECHANISMS OF MAMMALIAN MEIOTIC SYNAPSISTerry Ashley; Fiscal Year: 2000..Other aims here will be to examine the temporal expression of other proteins that may be involved in synaptic initiation including FBP which can promote localized melting.
- FOLATE, HOMOCYSTEINE AND METHYL GROUP METABOLISMConrad Wagner; Fiscal Year: 2003Glycine N-methyltransferase (GNMT), first isolated as a folate binding protein, is an abundant tetrameric enzyme in liver cytosol and the exocrine pancreas...
- SIGNIFICANCE OF FOLATE-BINDING PROTEINS IN HUMAN MILKASOK ANTONY; Fiscal Year: 1990..a direct bearing on the membrane insertion, folate binding capacity and possible conversion to the soluble folate binding protein will be investigated in cultured mammary cells...
- MOLECULAR STUDIES OF FOLATE HOMEOSTASISCharles Halsted; Fiscal Year: 2000..proteins: jejunal brush border folate polyglutamate hydrolase (BBFH) and the liver and kidney membrane folate binding protein (FBP) and reduced folate carrier (RFC); 2) to use human tissues to evaluate the relevance of the pig as a ..
- FOLATE BINDERS IN HEMATOPOIESIS & CELL REPLICATIONSheldon Rothenberg; Fiscal Year: 1993..In addition, there have been no studies on the molecular genetics of the FBP to characterize the structure, organization and expression of the gene...
- Analysis of serum folate receptor and antibody level for ovarian cancer detectionKeith Knutson; Fiscal Year: 2007..Membrane-bound folate receptor (FR) alpha is a promising tumor marker for detection of FR alpha-positive tumors...
- PROPERTIES AND FUNCTION OF FOLATE BINDING PROTEINCarol Luhrs; Fiscal Year: 1991There are two classes of folate binding proteins (FBP)--soluble and membrane-associated...
- DNA CONFORMATION DEPENDENT REGULATOR OF GENE EXPRESSIONRichard Schlegel; Fiscal Year: 1999..This protein binds a far upstream element (FUSE) of c-myc to stimulate promoter activity. Since FBP binds only the non-coding strand (NCS) of a far upstream elements (FUSE) of c-myc in a sequence-specific manner, ..
- STATISTICAL METHODS FOR QUANTITATIVE PETRichard Leahy; Fiscal Year: 2001..However the filtered backprojection (FBP) image reconstruction schemes used in most clinical settings are unable to fully realize the potential of these ..
- F box Proteins and Deregulated Proteolysis in CancerMichele Pagano; Fiscal Year: 2005..The substrate specificity of SCFs is determined by distinct Fbp subunits that act as substrate recognition factors...
- Arsenic Embryotoxocity: Cellular and Molecular TargetsM Pisano; Fiscal Year: 2003..The hypothesis to be examined in the present application is that an abnormal folate binding protein genotype increases the risk for arsenic-induced NTDs, the resulting phenotype of which is associated with ..
- Analysis of Folate Receptor 4 Function in the MouseJ Salbaum; Fiscal Year: 2006..Functional requirements for folate receptors differ as well: A Folr1 mutation is embryonic lethal, yet mice lacking the Folr2 gene survive...
- Modulation of Folate Receptor via the Estrogen ReceptorManohar Ratnam; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- FOLATE RECEPTOR KNOCKOUTS, ARSENATE AND BIRTH DEFECTSRichard Finnell; Fiscal Year: 2000..For aim 1, knockout mice have been developed for folate binding protein 1 (FBP-1) and folate binding protein 2 (FBP-2)...
- Structural studies on the P1 plasmid partition apparatusMaria Schumacher; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Folic Acid Enhances Repair Mechanism in the Adult CNSBermans J Iskandar; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our Specific Aims are: 1) to test the response of the folate receptor (FR-a or folate binding protein) and the dihydrofolate reductase (DHFR) genes after CNS injury...
- FOLATE RECEPTORS IN CRANIOFACIAL MALFORMATIONSRichard Finnell; Fiscal Year: 2002..The applicant has developed a transgenic "knockout" mouse model lacking functional folate binding protein (FBP-1 and FBP-2). Homozygous null embryos for the FBP-1 have lethal neural tube defects...
- Non-Invasive Localization of Vulnerable PlaquesCynthia McCollough; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Gene and Nutrient Etiologies of Human Heart DefectsGary M Shaw; Fiscal Year: 2010..Because these defects result in substantial morbidity as well as high emotional and economic costs, further scientific understanding leading to possible prevention would greatly benefit society. ..
- EXPERIMENTAL THERAPEUTICS EXPLOITING FOLATE RECEPTORSASOK ANTONY; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Structural mechanism of DNA segregation by the pSK41 par systemMaria Schumacher; Fiscal Year: 2010..Thus, understanding the structural basis for DNA segregation by this par system will provide several points of potential therapeutic intervention against pSK41 harboring multidrug resistant S. aureus strains. ..
- Wnt Regulation of Tracheobronchial RegenerationSusan D Reynolds; Fiscal Year: 2010..Successful completion of this project will yield insights into critical transitions that are susceptible to dysregulation in human lung disease. ..
- ARTIFACT-FREE CT IMAGING FOR RADIOTHERAPY PLANNINGJeffrey Williamson; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- BRACHYTHERAPY DOSIMETRY USING PLASTIC SCINTILLATORJeffrey Williamson; Fiscal Year: 2001..Finally, Specific Aim 3 seeks to demonstrate system utility and accuracy by measuring 3-D dose-rate distributions about brachytherapy sources in clinically-relevant homogeneous and heterogeneous geometries. ..
- 3D Time-resolved Tomographic Interventional PlatformGuang Hong Chen; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- FOLATE PATHWAY GENES AND RISK FOR OROFACIAL CLEFTSGary Shaw; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Gene-nutrient Etiologies of Neural Tube DefectsGary M Shaw; Fiscal Year: 2010..Because NTDs result in substantial morbidity as well as high emotional and economic costs, further scientific understanding leading to possible prevention would greatly benefit society. ..
- Radio-Immunotherapy (RIT) Planning Using SPECTLAWRENCE ZENG; Fiscal Year: 2004..Novel image reconstruction algorithms will be developed to provided quantitative SPECT images. Our hypothesis will be verified through human observer studies and Channelized Hotelling observer studies. ..
- ATP-DEPENDENT PROTEIN KINASES IN GRAM-POSITIVE BACTERIAMilton Saier; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- SUPPRESSION OF T CELL ACTIVATION BY DIETARY FATTY ACIDSROBERT CHAPKIN; Fiscal Year: 2003..g., rheumatoid arthritis), without compromising host defenses. ..
- HETEROGENEITY CORRECTIONS IN BRACHYTHERAPY DOSIMETRYJeffrey Williamson; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Image Reconstruction with Solid Srate SPECRLAWRENCE ZENG; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Breast Cancer Imaging Using a Solid-State SPECT CameraG Zeng; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- A new ATP delivery system for liver transplantationWilliam Ehringer; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Development of a Direct Cellular Energy Delivery SystemWilliam Ehringer; Fiscal Year: 2006..If these trials are successful and once we better understand its toxicity and efficacy, we will reenter VitaSol in trials for whole-body hypoxia. ..
- Glucose Signaling: Regulation of Enzyme ActivityDONALD PETTIGREW; Fiscal Year: 2006..coli. ..
- Mammalian Lactoferrin Receptors: Structure and FunctionBo Lonnerdal; Fiscal Year: 2007..Overall, our understanding of the physiological significance of Lf and its receptor will be increased. ..
- A Novel Detector for Combined Optical and PET ImagingArion Chatziioannou; Fiscal Year: 2007..Furthermore, this imaging system will be of reduced cost, due to its field of view customized to the application of small animal imaging. ..
- INHIBITION OF CELL-MEDIATED PROMMP-2 ACTIVATION IN ORAL CANCERXiaoping Xu; Fiscal Year: 2008..This research project will test new approaches to inhibit MMPs. The goal is to develop MMP inhibitors for treatment of oral cancer. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Structural studies on the Initiator protein, IBP39.Maria Schumacher; Fiscal Year: 2008..vaginalis suggests it is a possible target for the treatment of trichomoniasis, which afflicts over 170 million individuals each _,ear, ..
- Integrated Tomosynthetic Perfusion and Cone-beam CT Imaging on a C-arm GantryGuang Hong Chen; Fiscal Year: 2009..The new interventional platform will not only benefit those at researchcenters,but also will enable image-guided interventional stroke treatmentsfor hospitals without advanced imaging facilities. ..
- GENETIC REGULATION OF FOLATE RESPONSIVE BIRTH DEFECTSRichard Finnell; Fiscal Year: 2009..The hypothesis that the Folbp1 receptor functions in complexes with other proteins within the lipid raft of the cell membrane to act as a signaling molecule challenges existing preconceptions concerning the function of this protein. ..
- FOLATE-RESPONSIVE DYSGENESISASOK ANTONY; Fiscal Year: 2004..Also they will evaluate the effect of down-regulation of FR expression by antisense oligonucleotides to both the cis and the trans elements. ..