Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: FOLR1
Description: folate receptor 1
Alias: FBP, FOLR, folate receptor alpha, FR-alpha, KB cells FBP, adult folate-binding protein, folate binding protein, folate receptor 1 (adult), folate receptor, adult, ovarian tumor-associated antigen MOv18
Publications285 found, 100 shown here
- Folate-binding protein is a marker for ovarian cancerI G Campbell
Imperial Cancer Research Fund, London, England
Cancer Res 51:5329-38. 1991..antigen recognized by monoclonal antibody MOv18 and its identification as a high-affinity folate-binding protein (FBP)...
- Anti-ovarian carcinoma anti-T3 heteroconjugates or hybrid antibodies induce tumor cell lysis by cytotoxic T-cellsS Canevari
Instituto Nazionale per lo Studio e la Cura dei Tumori, Milan, Italy
Int J Cancer Suppl 2:18-21. 1988..Besides CTL clones, peripheral blood lymphocytes could also be used as cytolytic effectors, provided that a suitable in vitro activation scheme was used...
- The curative and palliative potential of the monoclonal antibody MOv18 labelled with 211At in nude mice with intraperitoneally growing ovarian cancer xenografts--a long-term studyH Andersson
Department of Gynecological Oncology, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Gothenburg, Sweden
Acta Oncol 39:741-5. 2000..This treatment possibly delayed the production of ascites. Hopefully radioimmunotherapy with regionally administered 211At-labelled antibody will be of value in women with ovarian cancer as well...
- Folic acid and 5-methyltetrahydrofolate in fortified milk are bioaccessible as determined in a dynamic in vitro gastrointestinal modelMiriam Verwei
TNO WU Center for Micronutrient Research, 3700 AJ Zeist, The Netherlands
J Nutr 133:2377-83. 2003..Milk folate-binding proteins (FBP) are especially interesting because they seem to be involved in folate bioavailability...
- The binding of folic acid and 5-methyltetrahydrofolate to folate-binding proteins during gastric passage differs in a dynamic in vitro gastrointestinal modelMiriam Verwei
Department of Nutritional Physiology, TNO Nutrition and Food Research, 3700 AJ Zeist, The Netherlands
J Nutr 134:31-7. 2004..untreated milk, the natural folate, 5-methyltetrahydrofolate (5-CH3-H4folate), is bound to folate-binding proteins (FBP)...
- Folate-binding proteinsG B Henderson
Department of Molecular and Experimental Medicine, Scripps Clinic and Research Foundation, La Jolla, California 92037
Annu Rev Nutr 10:319-35. 1990..The third class of folate-binding proteins consists of enzymes that reside in the cytoplasm of cells...
- Purified membrane and soluble folate binding proteins from cultured KB cells have similar amino acid compositions and molecular weights but differ in fatty acid acylationC A Luhrs
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 84:6546-9. 1987A membrane-associated folate binding protein (FBP) and a soluble FBP, which is released into the culture medium, have been purified from human KB cells using affinity chromatography...
- Structural and functional analysis of the human KB cell folate receptor gene P4 promoter: cooperation of three clustered Sp1-binding sites with initiator region for basal promoter activityY Saikawa
Medicine Branch, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Biochemistry 34:9951-61. 1995....
- The divergent 5' termini of the alpha human folate receptor (hFR) mRNAs originate from two tissue-specific promoters and alternative splicing: characterization of the alpha hFR gene structureP C Elwood
Medicine Branch, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Biochemistry 36:1467-78. 1997..These data demonstrate that a single gene encodes the divergent 5' termini of the alpha hFR cDNAs and that the alpha hFR transcripts are transcribed from two promoters that are activated in a tissue-specific manner...
- Neural tube defects and folate pathway genes: family-based association tests of gene-gene and gene-environment interactionsAbee L Boyles
Center for Human Genetics, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Environ Health Perspect 114:1547-52. 2006..Most studies addressed these genes individually, often with different populations providing conflicting results...
- Molecular characterization of folate receptor 1 mutations delineates cerebral folate transport deficiencyM Grapp
Department of Paediatrics and Paediatric Neurology, University Medical Centre Göttingen, Germany
Brain 135:2022-31. 2012..folate transport defect that is caused by mutations in the folate receptor 1 gene coding for folate receptor alpha (FRα). This genetic defect gives rise to a progressive neurological disorder with late infantile onset...
- Folate-receptor 1 (FOLR1) protein is elevated in the serum of ovarian cancer patientsF Leung
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Clin Biochem 46:1462-8. 2013..that combines proteomics with transcriptomics and bioinformatics, our laboratory has identified folate-receptor 1 (FOLR1) and Dickkopf-related protein 3 (Dkk-3) as putative biomarkers...
- The role of folate receptor alpha in cancer development, progression and treatment: cause, consequence or innocent bystander?Linda E Kelemen
Department of Health Sciences Research, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Int J Cancer 119:243-50. 2006b>Folate receptor alpha (FRalpha) is a membrane-bound protein with high affinity for binding and transporting physiologic levels of folate into cells...
- The folate receptor alpha is frequently overexpressed in osteosarcoma samples and plays a role in the uptake of the physiologic substrate 5-methyltetrahydrofolateRui Yang
Department of Pediatrics and Molecular Pharmacology, The Albert Einstein College of Medicine, The Children s Hospital at Montefiore, Bronx, New York 10467, USA
Clin Cancer Res 13:2557-67. 2007..Although defective RFC-mediated transport was frequently identified as a mechanism of methotrexate (MTX) resistance in osteosarcoma, the status of FR and its role in this disease are unknown...
- Folate receptor overexpression is associated with poor outcome in breast cancerLynn C Hartmann
Division of Medical Oncology, Mayo Clinic Cancer Center and Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN
Int J Cancer 121:938-42. 2007..001. Our work requires validation in a larger cohort, but supports the possibility of using folate receptor-targeted approaches in the management of breast cancer...
- Functional folate receptor alpha is elevated in the blood of ovarian cancer patientsEati Basal
Department of Immunology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
PLoS ONE 4:e6292. 2009..The mortality rate would be reduced with an early detection marker. The folate receptor alpha (FRalpha) is one logical choice for a biomarker because of its prevalent overexpression in ovarian cancer ..
- Coordination of iron by the ferric iron-binding protein of pathogenic Neisseria is homologous to the transferrinsA J Nowalk
Department of Molecular Genetics and Biochemistry, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pennsylvania 15261
Biochemistry 33:12769-75. 1994The ferric iron-binding protein (Fbp) functions as a periplasmic-binding protein in the high-affinity active transport of growth-essential iron by pathogenic Neisseria...
- Linkage between fructose 1,6-bisphosphate binding and the dimer-tetramer equilibrium of Escherichia coli glycerol kinase: critical behavior arising from change of ligand stoichiometryPeng Yu
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Center for Advanced Biomolecular Research, Texas A and M University, College Station, Texas 77843 2128, USA
Biochemistry 42:4243-52. 2003..7.1.30; ATP-glycerol 3-phosphotransferase) is inhibited allosterically by fructose 1,6-bisphosphate (FBP), and this inhibition is a primary mechanism by which glucose controls glycerol utilization in vivo...
- Effect of folate-binding protein on intestinal transport of folic acid and 5-methyltetrahydrofolate across Caco-2 cellsMiriam Verwei
Physiological Sciences Dept, TNO Nutrition and Food Research, 360, 3700 AJ, Zeist, The Netherlands
Eur J Nutr 44:242-9. 2005..In milk, folate occurs bound to folate-binding proteins (FBP)...
- [Quantitative and qualitative studies of Campylobacter in a sewage treatment plant]C Holler
Abteilung Hygiene, Sozialhygiene und Gesundheitswesen im Klinikum, Universitat Kiel
Zentralbl Bakteriol Mikrobiol Hyg B 185:326-39. 1988..Preston broth and -agar containing FBP supplement were used as nutrient media. The samples were incubated at 37 degrees C and 42 degrees C, respectively...
- A novel candidate for the true fructose-1,6-bisphosphatase in archaeaNaeem Rashid
Department of Synthetic Chemistry and Biological Chemistry, Graduate School of Engineering, Kyoto University, Yoshida Honmachi, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8501, Japan
J Biol Chem 277:30649-55. 2002..FBPase from strain KOD1 was partially purified, its N-terminal amino acid sequence was determined, and the gene (Tk-fbp) was cloned. Tk-fbp encoded a protein of 375 amino acid residues with a molecular mass of 41,658 Da...
- Characteristics of reduced fat milks as influenced by the incorporation of folic acidK Achanta
School of Animal Sciences, Louisiana State University Agricultural Center, Baton Rouge 70803, USA
J Dairy Sci 90:90-8. 2007..Fortification of reduced fat milks with folic acid can be accomplished without adversely affecting the product characteristics...
- Flow cytometric measurement of fluorescence (Förster) resonance energy transfer from cyan fluorescent protein to yellow fluorescent protein using single-laser excitation at 458 nmLiusheng He
Flow Cytometry Section, Office of Science and Technology, National Institute of Arthritis and Musculosketal and Skin Diseases NIH, 9000 Rockville Pike, Building 10, Room 9N228, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Cytometry A 53:39-54. 2003....
- Unmetabolized folic acid and total folate concentrations in breast milk are unaffected by low-dose folate supplementsLisa A Houghton
Physiology and Experimental Medicine, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, ON, Canada
Am J Clin Nutr 89:216-20. 2009..Few data exist on the potential long-term effect of high folic acid intakes on milk folate concentrations, whereas no data are available on the effect of supplemental [6S]-5-methyltetrahydrofolate ([6S]-5-methylTHF)...
- Immunohistochemical reactivity of a monoclonal antibody prepared against human ovarian carcinoma on normal and pathological female genital tissuesR Veggian
Istituto di Ginecologia e Ostetricia, , Italy
Tumori 75:510-3. 1989..The antigen recognized by MOv18 (CaMOv18) therefore seems to be an epithelial cell marker associated with intermediate mesoderm differentiation, which can be derepressed during the neoplastic transformation of the ovary and the uterus...
- Characterization of the gene encoding a folate-binding protein expressed in human placenta. Identification of promoter activity in a G-rich SP1 site linked with the tandemly repeated GGAAG motif for the ets encoded GA-binding proteinE Sadasivan
Department of Medicine, State University of New York Health Science Center, Brooklyn
J Biol Chem 269:4725-35. 1994The gene encoding a folate-binding protein (FBP) expressed in human placenta has been cloned by screening a genomic library with the KB cell FBP complementary DNA...
- Allelic variation in the secreted folate binding protein gene is associated with uterine capacity in swineJ L Vallet
ARS, USDA, Roman L Hruska U S Meat Animal Research Center, Clay Center, NE 68933, USA
J Anim Sci 83:1860-7. 2005Previous comparisons between the cDNA and gene sequences for secreted folate binding protein (sFBP) indicated a 12-bp insertion/deletion (ins/del) polymorphism in exon 1 and a SNP that altered (Ser-Arg) the protein AA sequence...
- Functional analysis, overexpression, and kinetic characterization of pyruvate kinase from methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureusRoya Zoraghi
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, University of BritishColumbia, Vancouver, Britsih Columbia, CanadaV5Z3J5
Biochemistry 49:7733-47. 2010..with homotetramer architecture activated by AMP or ribose 5-phosphate (R5P), but not by fructose 1,6-bisphosphate (FBP), which suggests a different mode of allosteric regulation when compared with human isozymes, (2) the CT domain is ..
- Crystal structure of a hyperactive Escherichia coli glycerol kinase mutant Gly230 --> Asp obtained using microfluidic crystallization devicesMegan J Anderson
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics, California Institute of Technology, MS 128 95, Pasadena, California 91125, USA
Biochemistry 46:5722-31. 2007..activity and decreased allosteric regulation by the glycolytic pathway intermediate fructose 1,6-bisphosphate (FBP) compared to wild-type GK (GKWT)...
- Fructose-1,6-bisphosphate and MK-801 by aortic arch flush for cerebral preservation during exsanguination cardiac arrest of 20 min in dogs. An exploratory studyW Behringer
Department of Anesthesiology Critical Care Medicine, Safar Center for Resuscitation Research, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, 3434 Fifth Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15260, USA
Resuscitation 50:205-16. 2001..cerebral hypothermia (which would be more readily available in the field), adding either fructose-1,6-bisphosphate (FBP, a more efficient energy substrate) or MK-801 (an N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptor blocker) would also achieve ..
- Therapeutic efficacy and tumor dose estimations in radioimmunotherapy of intraperitoneally growing OVCAR-3 cells in nude mice with (211)At-labeled monoclonal antibody MX35Jörgen Elgqvist
Department of Radiation Physics, The Sahlgrenska Academy at Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
J Nucl Med 46:1907-15. 2005..Previous studies on mAb MOv18 did not allow for dosimetry because of antigen shedding in vitro...
- Urinary fructose-1,6-bisphosphatase activity as a marker of the damage to the renal proximal tubules in children with idiopathic nephrotic syndromeAlina Kepka
Department of Laboratory Diagnostics of the Institute Pomnik Centrum Zdrowia Dziecka, Warsaw, Poland
Clin Chem Lab Med 46:831-5. 2008..Among them is fructose-1,6-bisphosphatase (FBP-1), the key enzyme of gluconeogenesis normally present in the renal convoluted, and to smaller degree, proximal ..
- Biokinetics of the monoclonal antibodies MOv 18, OV 185 and OV 197 labelled with 125I according to the m-MeATE method or the Iodogen method in nude mice with ovarian cancer xenograftsH Andersson
Department of Gynecological Oncology, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Gothenburg, Sweden
Acta Oncol 38:323-8. 1999..The two labelling methods were found to be equivalent. We conclude that MOv18 labelled according the m-MeATE method should be suitable for further therapeutic studies with 211Astatine in nude mice...
- Characterization of feline serum ferritin-binding proteins: the presence of a novel ferritin-binding protein as an inhibitory factor in feline ferritin immunoassayHirofumi Sakamoto
Laboratory of Veterinary Biochemistry, Kitasato University, Aomori, Japan
Biometals 22:793-802. 2009..This result shows that feline serum has another FBP, which inhibits ferritin immunoassays, but not anti-ferritin autoantibody...
- MOv18 monoclonal antibody in diagnostic applications: capability to recognize the histotype of the original tumorC Belloni
IV Clinica Ostetrica Ginecologica, , Italy
Tumori 76:10-3. 1990..The MOv18 reagent, used as an adjuvant in cytological analysis, can help in the identification of the histotype of metastatic cells of unknown origin...
- Comparison of different SUV-based methods for monitoring cytotoxic therapy with FDG PETA Stahl
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Technische Universitat Munchen, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Ismaninger Str 22, 81675 Munich, Germany
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 31:1471-8. 2004..The aim of this study was to compare commonly applied imaging protocols and calculations of the standardised uptake value (SUV) for the early prediction of histopathological response to chemotherapy...
- An immunoreactive 38-kilodalton protein of Ehrlichia canis shares structural homology and iron-binding capacity with the ferric ion-binding protein familyC Kuyler Doyle
Department of Pathology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX 77555, USA
Infect Immun 73:62-9. 2005..In this study, a genus-conserved immunoreactive ferric ion-binding protein (Fbp) of Ehrlichia canis was identified and its iron-binding capability was investigated. E...
- Thermodynamic studies of Fenbufen, Diflunisal, and Flurbiprofen: sublimation, solution and solvation of biphenyl substituted drugsSergey V Kurkov
Institute of Solution Chemistry, Russian Academy of Sciences, 153045 Ivanovo, Russia
Int J Pharm 357:100-7. 2008..Heat capacities for Fenbufen, Diflunisal (DIF), and Flurbiprofen (FBP) were measured, and standard thermodynamic functions of sublimation were calculated (FBF: DeltaGsub298=74...
- The crystal structure of a class II fructose-1,6-bisphosphate aldolase shows a novel binuclear metal-binding active site embedded in a familiar foldS J Cooper
Department of Chemistry, University of Manchester, Oxford Road, Manchester, M13 9PL, UK
Structure 4:1303-15. 1996..Fructose-1,6-bisphosphate aldolase (FBP-aldolase) is used in gluconeogenesis and glycolysis; the enzyme controls the condensation of dihydroxyacetone ..
- Archaeal fructose-1,6-bisphosphate aldolases constitute a new family of archaeal type class I aldolaseB Siebers
Department of Microbiology, Universitat Essen, 45117 Essen, Germany
J Biol Chem 276:28710-8. 2001Fructose-1,6-bisphosphate (FBP) aldolase activity has been detected previously in several Archaea...
- Novel magnetic supports for small molecule affinity capture of proteins for use in proteomicsIrving Sucholeiki
MDS Proteomics Inc, Medford, MA, USA
Mol Divers 8:9-19. 2004..polymer composites were used for solid phase synthesis and for the batch affinity chromatography of folate binding protein from a protein mixture...
- Effects of the overexpression of fructose-1,6-bisphosphate aldolase on fermentation pattern and transcription of the genes encoding lactate dehydrogenase and pyruvate formate-lyase in a ruminal bacterium, Streptococcus bovisNarito Asanuma
Department of Life Science, College of Agriculture, Meiji University, Kawasaki 214 8571, Japan
J Gen Appl Microbiol 50:71-8. 2004Whether fructose-1,6-bisphosphate (FBP) triggers the transcriptional regulation of the gene expression of lactate dehydrogenase (LDH) and pyruvate formate-lyase (PFL) in Streptococcus bovis was examined by constructing a recombinant ..
- High performance capillary electrophoresis for determination of the enantiomers of 2-arylpropionic acid derivatives in human serum. Pharmacokinetic studies of ketoprofen enantiomers following administration of standard and sustained release tabletsFranciszek K Główka
Department of Physical Pharmacy and Pharmacokinetics, University of Medical Sciences, 6, Swiecickiego Street, 60 781 Poznan, Poland
J Pharm Biomed Anal 35:807-16. 2004..Racemic-ibuprofen (rac-IBP), racemic-flurbiprofen (rac-FBP), racemic-ketoprofen (rac-KTP) and (+)-S-naproxen ((+)-S-NPX--an internal standard) were chosen for these studies...
- Folate, vitamin B12 and total homocysteine levels in neonates from BrazilF D Couto
Gonçalo Moniz Research Center FIOCRUZ, Salvador, Bahia, Brazil
Eur J Clin Nutr 61:382-6. 2007..To determine folates, vitamin B12 and total homocysteine levels among neonates from mothers of low or high socioeconomic status...
- Sequence diversity within the argF, fbp and recA genes of natural isolates of Neisseria meningitidis: interspecies recombination within the argF geneJ Zhou
Microbial Genetics Group, School of Biological Sciences, University of Sussex, Falmer, UK
Mol Microbiol 6:2135-46. 1992..of the sequence diversity among meningococci, we obtained the nucleotide sequences of most of the argF, recA and fbp genes of eight meningococci of widely differing electrophoretic type (from the reference collection of Caugant)...
- Five human genes encoding F-box proteins: chromosome mapping and analysis in human tumorsD S Chiaur
Department of Pathology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
Cytogenet Cell Genet 88:255-8. 2000Members of the F-box protein (Fbp) family are characterized by an approximately 40 amino acid F-box motif...
- Fetal biophysical profile and cerebro-umbilical ratio in assessment of perinatal outcome in growth-restricted fetusesDubravko Habek
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Clinical Hospital Osijek, Croatia
Fetal Diagn Ther 18:12-6. 2003To examine the value of the fetal biophysical profile (FBP) and the Doppler cerebro-umbilical ratio (C/U) in the assessment of perinatal outcome in growth-restricted and hypoxic fetuses.
- Escherichia coli glycerol kinase: role of a tetramer interface in regulation by fructose 1,6-bisphosphate and phosphotransferase system regulatory protein IIIglcW Z Liu
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Texas A and M University, College Station 77843 2128
Biochemistry 33:10120-6. 1994..by protein-protein interactions with IIIglc, a phosphotransferase system protein, and by fructose 1,6-bisphosphate (FBP); each of these allosteric effectors constitutes a positive signal that glucose is available...
- Long-term effects of the family bereavement program on multiple indicators of grief in parentally bereaved children and adolescentsIrwin N Sandler
Department of Psychology, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ 85287 6005, USA
J Consult Clin Psychol 78:131-43. 2010This article reports on results from a randomized experimental trial of the effects of the Family Bereavement Program (FBP) on multiple measures of grief experienced by parentally bereaved children and adolescents over a 6-year period.
- Improved tolerance to missing data in myocardial perfusion SPET using OSEM reconstructionR L Hatton
Department of Nuclear Medicine and Ultrasound, Westmead Hospital, NSW 2145 Sydney, Australia
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 31:857-61. 2004..EM algorithm (OSEM), can improve reconstruction and minimise the artefacts compared to filtered back-projection (FBP)...
- Is iterative reconstruction an alternative to filtered backprojection in routine processing of dopamine transporter SPECT studies?Walter Koch
Department of Nuclear Medicine, University of Munich, Munich, Germany
J Nucl Med 46:1804-11. 2005..striatal dopamine transporter (DAT) binding is assessed by use of data reconstructed by filtered backprojection (FBP)...
- Excited-state interactions in flurbiprofen-tryptophan dyadsIgnacio Vayá
Departamento de Quimica Instituto de Tecnologia Quimica UPV CSIC, Universidad Politecnica de Valencia, Camino de Vera s n, E 46022 Valencia, Spain
J Phys Chem B 111:9363-71. 2007..on two pairs of diastereomeric dyads that contain the nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (S)- or (R)-flurbiprofen (FBP) and (S)-tryptophan (Trp), which is a relevant amino acid present in site I of human serum albumin...
- Crystal structure of a complex of Escherichia coli glycerol kinase and an allosteric effector fructose 1,6-bisphosphateM Ormo
Institute of Molecular Biology, University of Oregon, Eugene 97403, USA
Biochemistry 37:16565-72. 1998..in the presence and absence of one of the allosteric regulators of its activity, fructose 1,6-bisphosphate (FBP), at 3.2 and 3.0 A, are presented...
- Ecdysone-regulation of synthesis and processing of fat body protein 1, the larval serum protein receptor of Drosophila melanogasterT Burmester
Institut Jacques Monod, Biologie du Développement, CNRS et Université Paris 6 et Paris 7, France
Eur J Biochem 262:49-55. 1999..Here, we show that the product of the ecdysteroid-inducible gene Fbp-1 (Fat Body Protein 1) is the receptor that binds LSP-1...
- Identification of a fibronectin binding protein from Streptococcus mutansJ S Chia
Graduate Institute of Microbiology, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
Infect Immun 68:1864-70. 2000..130 kDa, as detected by far-Western immunoblotting. The candidate Fn binding protein (FBP-130) was purified to near homogeneity by using Fn coupled Sepharose 4B affinity column chromatography...
- Clinical correlative evaluation of an iterative method for reconstruction of brain SPECT imagesF Nobili
Services of Clinical Neurophysiology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Genoa, Viale Benedetto XV, 6, I 16132, Genoa, Italy
Nucl Med Biol 28:627-32. 2001..Mesial temporal structures are deeply located within the brain and the commonly used Filtered Back-Projection (FBP) technique does not fully take into account either the physical parameters of gamma-cameras or geometry of ..
- The comparison of cytotoxic T-lymphocyte effects of dendritic cells stimulated by the folate binding protein peptide cultured with IL-15 and IL-2 in solid tumorDong Kyu Kim
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Yongdong Severance Hospital, Yonsei University College of Medicine, P O Box 1217, Seoul 135 720, Korea
Yonsei Med J 43:691-700. 2002..These peptides have a restricted length of 8-11 amino acids. The folate binding protein (FBP) is overexpressed in over 90% of ovarian and 20-50% in breast cancers...
- Induced fit movements and metal cofactor selectivity of class II aldolases: structure of Thermus aquaticus fructose-1,6-bisphosphate aldolaseTina Izard
Department of Hematology Oncology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38111, USA
J Biol Chem 279:11825-33. 2004Fructose-1,6-bisphosphate (FBP) aldolase is an essential glycolytic enzyme that reversibly cleaves its ketohexose substrate into triose phosphates...
- Mediation of the effects of the family bereavement program on mental health problems of bereaved children and adolescentsJenn Yun Tein
Department of Psychology, Prevention Research Center, Arizona State University, Tempe, USA
Prev Sci 7:179-95. 2006This study presents an analysis of mediation of the effects of the Family Bereavement Program (FBP) to improve mental health outcomes of girls at 11 months following program participation...
- Molecular coordination of hepatic glucose metabolism by the 6-phosphofructo-2-kinase/fructose-2,6- bisphosphatase:glucokinase complexW Ed Smith
Veterans Affairs Medical Center, 1 Veterans Drive, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55417, USA
Mol Endocrinol 21:1478-87. 2007Glucokinase (GK) and 6-phosphofructo-2-kinase (PFK-2)/fructose-2,6-bisphosphatase (FBP-2) are each powerful regulators of hepatic carbohydrate metabolism that have been reported to influence each other's expression, activities, and ..
- Structural mechanism for the fine-tuning of CcpA function by the small molecule effectors glucose 6-phosphate and fructose 1,6-bisphosphateMaria A Schumacher
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Unit 1000, University of Texas, MD Anderson Cancer Center University, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Mol Biol 368:1042-50. 2007..of CCR is accomplished by the small molecule effectors, glucose 6-phosphate (G6P) and fructose 1,6-bisphosphate (FBP), which somehow enhance CcpA-(HPr-Ser46-P) binding to DNA...
- Role of attenuation correction to discriminate defects caused by left bundle branch block versus coronary stenosis in single photon emission computed tomography myocardial perfusion imagingTobias Hoefflinghaus
Cardiovascular Center, University Hospital Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Clin Nucl Med 33:748-51. 2008..To define the impact of attenuation correction (AC) on interpretation of perfusion abnormalities induced by left bundle branch block (LBBB) in myocardial perfusion imaging (MPI) and single photon emission computed tomography (SPECT)...
- [Effects of maternal anemia on computerized cardiotocography and fetal biophysical profile]Roseli Mieko Yamamoto Nomura
Faculdade de Medicina, Departamento de Obstetricia e Ginecologia, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brasil
Rev Bras Ginecol Obstet 31:615-20. 2009To evaluate the influence of maternal hemoglobin (Hb) levels in the patterns of fetal heart rate (FHR) and in the fetal biophysical profile (FBP) in term gestations.
- Chicken riboflavin-binding protein. cDNA sequence and homology with milk folate-binding proteinD B Zheng
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Delaware, Newark 19716
J Biol Chem 263:11126-9. 1988..Sequence identity between homologous regions of these two vitamin-binding proteins is more than 30%...
- The far upstream element-binding proteins comprise an ancient family of single-strand DNA-binding transactivatorsT Davis-Smyth
Laboratory of Pathology, NCI, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 271:31679-87. 1996..and expression of two new human cDNAs encoding proteins highly related to the far upstream element-binding protein (FBP) are described...
- Structure of Haemophilus influenzae Fe(+3)-binding protein reveals convergent evolution within a superfamilyC M Bruns
Department of Molecular Biology MB8, Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Nat Struct Biol 4:919-24. 1997..b>FBP is highly conserved, required for virulence, and is a nodal point for free iron uptake in several Gram-negative ..
- A validated liquid chromatographic method for determining folates in vegetables, milk powder, liver, and flourE J Konings
Inspectorate for Health Protection, Commodities and Veterinary Public Health, Maastricht, The Netherlands
J AOAC Int 82:119-27. 1999..Results for 5-methyltetrahydrofolic acid were in good agreement with results obtained with other LC methods. Results for total folates were lower than results obtained with microbiological methods...
- Radioimmunoscintigraphy in patients with ovarian cancerH P Kalofonos
Department of Medicine, University Hospital of Patras, Rion, Greece
Acta Oncol 40:549-57. 2001..Nevertheless, prospective studies in a large number of patients should be undertaken in order to further evaluate the diagnostic contribution of this approach...
- Image reconstruction and the effect on dose calculation for hip prosthesesPaul J Keall
Department of Radiation Oncology, Medical College of Virginia, Richmond, VA 23298, USA
Med Dosim 28:113-7. 2003..and dental fillings, cause streak artifacts on computed tomography (CT) images when filtered back-projection (FBP) methods are used. These streak artifacts severely degrade our ability to differentiate the tumor volume...
- Attenuation-corrected 99mTc-MIBI SPECT in overweight patients with chronic ischaemic dysfunction: a comparison to NH3 PET and implications for the diagnosis of myocardial viabilityVéronique Roelants
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Cliniques Universitaires St Luc, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Brussels, Belgium
Nucl Med Commun 27:815-21. 2006..estimation with (99m)Tc-MIBI SPECT in overweight patients by comparison of uncorrected (filtered back-projection (FBP) and corrected (an iterative algorithm with a measured attenuation coefficients map (FL-AC)) (99m)Tc-MIBI relative ..
- Image reconstruction using filtered backprojection and iterative method: effect on motion artifacts in myocardial perfusion SPECTSeyed Rasoul Zakavi
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Mashad University of Medical Sciences, Mashad, Iran
J Nucl Med Technol 34:220-3. 2006..The extent and severity of motion artifacts have been described for filtered backprojection (FBP) reconstruction...
- Simulation-based evaluation of OSEM iterative reconstruction methods in dynamic brain PET studiesAnthonin Reilhac
CERMEP, 59 Boulevard Pinel, F 69667 Bron, France
Neuroimage 39:359-68. 2008The reconstruction of dynamic PET data is usually performed using filtered backprojection algorithms (FBP). This method is fast, robust, linear and yields reliable quantitative results...
- Regulation of folate receptor 1 gene expression in the visceral endodermJ Michael Salbaum
Pennington Biomedical Research Center, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, USA
Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 85:303-13. 2009..The mechanisms that direct expression of FOLR1 in the visceral endoderm are unknown.
- Synthesis and biological activity of a novel series of 6-substituted thieno[2,3-d]pyrimidine antifolate inhibitors of purine biosynthesis with selectivity for high affinity folate receptors over the reduced folate carrier and proton-coupled folate transpoYijun Deng
Graduate Program in Cancer Biology, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
J Med Chem 52:2940-51. 2009....
- Antimicrobial resistance in relation to virulence determinants and phylogenetic background among uropathogenic Escherichia coli in LebanonG Sawma-Aouad
Department of Biology, Lebanese American University, Byblos, Lebanon
J Chemother 21:153-8. 2009..7%), with 45% being positive to the three tested virulence determinants (efu, fbp and picU)...
- Attenuation of Helicteres isora L. bark extracts on streptozotocin-induced alterations in glycogen and carbohydrate metabolism in albino ratsG Kumar
Division of Industrial Toxicology and Pollution Control, Manonmaniam Sundaranar University, Sri Paramakalyani Centre for Environmental Sciences, Alwarkurichi, Tamil Nadu, India
Hum Exp Toxicol 28:689-96. 2009..metabolism (glucokinase [GK], hexokinase [HK] phosphofructokinase [PFK] and fructose-1, 6-bisphosphatase [FBP]) along with glycogen content of insulin-dependent (skeletal muscle and liver) and insulin-independent tissues (..
- Folate regulation of axonal regeneration in the rodent central nervous system through DNA methylationBermans J Iskandar
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53792, USA
J Clin Invest 120:1603-16. 2010..CNS axon regeneration was found to depend on injury-related induction of the high-affinity folate receptor 1 (Folr1)...
- Structure of a class I tagatose-1,6-bisphosphate aldolase: investigation into an apparent loss of stereospecificityClotilde LowKam
Department of Biochemistry, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec H3C 3J7, Canada
J Biol Chem 285:21143-52. 2010..The enzyme catalyzes the reversible cleavage of four diastereoisomers (fructose 1,6-bisphosphate (FBP), psicose 1,6-bisphosphate, sorbose 1,6-bisphosphate, and tagatose 1,6-bisphosphate) to dihydroxyacetone phosphate (..
- Effect of N-acetylcysteine and fructose-1,6-bisphosphate in the treatment of experimental sepsisRicardo Obalski de Mello
Laboratório de Pesquisa em Biofísica Celular e Inflamação, Pontificia Universidade Catolica do Rio Grande do Sul PUCRS, Avenida Ipiranga 6681, prédio 12C, sala 263, CEP 90 619 900, Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
Inflammation 34:539-50. 2011..The aim of this study was to investigate the effect of N-acetylcysteine (NAC) and fructose-1,6-bisphosphate (FBP) in the treatment of experimental sepsis...
- Study on the interaction between cyanobacteria FBP/SBPase and metal ionsYao Sun
Key Laboratory of Pesticide and Chemical Biology CCNU, Ministry of Education, College of Chemistry, Central China Normal University, Wuhan 430079, PR China
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 89:337-44. 2012Fructose-1,6-/sedoheptulose-1,7-bisphosphatase (FBP/SBPase) is a potential important target enzyme for finding inhibitors to solve harmful algal bloom...
- Potential use of folate-polyethylene glycol (PEG)-appended dendrimer (G3) conjugate with α-cyclodextrin as DNA carriers to tumor cellsH Arima
Department of Physical Pharmaceutics, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kumamoto University, Kumamoto, Japan
Cancer Gene Ther 19:358-66. 2012..These results suggest that Fol-PαC (G3, DSF 5), not Fol-α-CDEs, could be potentially used as a FR-overexpressing cancer cell-selective DNA carrier...
- [Application of collimator broad correction three dimensional ordered subsets expectation maximization for regional cerebral blood flow measurement]Mami Okada
Central Division of Radiology, Osaka Medical College
Nihon Hoshasen Gijutsu Gakkai Zasshi 68:573-83. 2012..Currently, the filtered back projection (FBP) method is generally used for image reconstruction...
- High expression of folate receptor alpha in lung cancer correlates with adenocarcinoma histology and EGFR [corrected] mutationMaria Ines Nunez
Department of Pathology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Thorac Oncol 7:833-40. 2012b>Folate receptor alpha (FRα) and reduced folate carrier-1 (RFC1) regulate uptake of folate molecules inside the cell...
- Comparative assessment of three image reconstruction techniques for image quality and radiation dose in patients undergoing abdominopelvic multidetector CT examinationsG S Desai
Department of Radiology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Br J Radiol 86:20120161. 2013..To compare image quality and radiation dose of abdominal CT examinations reconstructed with three image reconstruction techniques...
- Sinogram affirmed iterative reconstruction in head CT: improvement of objective and subjective image quality with concomitant radiation dose reductionA Korn
Department of Diagnostic und Interventional Neuroradiology, Hoppe Seyler Straße 3, 72076 Tubingen, Germany
Eur J Radiol 82:1431-5. 2013..study was to assess the potential benefit of sinogram affirmed iterative reconstruction (SAFIRE) in head CT by comparing objective and subjective image quality at reduced tube current with standard dose filtered back projection (FBP).
- Comparison of image quality between filtered back-projection and the adaptive statistical and novel model-based iterative reconstruction techniques in abdominal CT for renal calculiVarut Vardhanabhuti
Department of Radiology, Derriford Hospital, Derriford Road, Plymouth, Devon, PL6 8DH, UK
Insights Imaging 4:661-9. 2013To compare image quality on computed tomographic (CT) images acquired with filtered back-projection (FBP), adaptive statistical iterative reconstruction (ASIR) and model-based iterative reconstruction (MBIR) techniques in CT kidney/..
- [Application of N-isopropyl-p-[123I] iodoamphetamine quantification of regional cerebral blood flow using iterative reconstruction methods: selection of the optimal reconstruction method and optimization of the cutoff frequency of the preprocessing filterAkira Asazu
Central Division of Radiology, Osaka Medical College Hospital
Nihon Hoshasen Gijutsu Gakkai Zasshi 69:535-44. 2013..can be obtained with attenuation and scatter correction and image reconstruction by filtered back projection (FBP)...
- Reduction of effective dose and organ dose to the eye lens in head MDCT using iterative image reconstruction and automatic tube current modulationPavel Ryska
Department of Radiology, University Hospital Hradec Kralove, Hradec Kralove, Czech Republic
Biomed Pap Med Fac Univ Palacky Olomouc Czech Repub 158:265-72. 2014..and eye lens radiation dose in helical MDCT brain examinations using automatic tube current modulation in conjunction with either standard filtered back projection (FBP) technique or iterative reconstruction in image space (IRIS).
- Valproic acid substantially downregulated genes folr1, IGF2R, RGS2, COL6A3, EDNRB, KLF6, and pax-3, N-acetylcysteine alleviated most of the induced gene alterations in chicken embryo modelChiu Lan Hsieh
Graduate Institute of Clinical Medicine, College of Medicine, Taipei Medical University, Taiwan
Rom J Morphol Embryol 54:993-1004. 2013..We hypothesized that folate receptor gene (folr1) and others may be interacting to elicit neural tube defect (NTD), while N-acetylcysteine (NAC) may be beneficial ..
- Image quality assessment of an iterative reconstruction algorithm applied to abdominal CT imagingYoshinori Funama
Department of Medical Physics, Faculty of Life Sciences, Kumamoto University, 4 24 1 Kuhonji, Kumamoto 862 0976, Japan Electronic address
Phys Med 30:527-34. 2014To compare the noise and accuracy on images of the whole porcine liver acquired with iterative reconstruction (IMR, Philips Healthcare, Cleveland, OH, USA) and filtered back projection (FBP) methods.
- Deriving adaptive MRF coefficients from previous normal-dose CT scan for low-dose image reconstruction via penalized weighted least-squares minimizationHao Zhang
Department of Radiology, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, New York 11794 and Department of Biomedical Engineering, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, New York 11794
Med Phys 41:041916. 2014..setting in the scanning protocol, but the resulted image quality by the conventional filtered back-projection (FBP) method may be severely degraded due to the excessive noise...
- Model-based iterative reconstruction compared to adaptive statistical iterative reconstruction and filtered back-projection in CT of the kidneys and the adjacent retroperitoneumEric W Olcott
Department of Radiology, Stanford University School of Medicine, 300 Pasteur Drive, H1307, Stanford, CA 94305 5105 Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System, Palo Alto, CA Electronic address
Acad Radiol 21:774-84. 2014..perceived image quality of model-based iterative reconstruction (MBIR) compared to adaptive statistical iterative reconstruction (ASIR) and filtered back-projection (FBP) in computed tomography (CT) of the kidneys and retroperitoneum.
- Ultralow-dose CT of the craniofacial bone for navigated surgery using adaptive statistical iterative reconstruction and model-based iterative reconstruction: 2D and 3D image qualityGerlig Widmann
1 Department of Radiology, Innsbruck Medical University, Anichstrasse 35, Innsbruck A 6020, Austria
AJR Am J Roentgenol 204:563-9. 2015..ASIR) and model-based iterative reconstruction (MBIR) in comparison with standard filtered backprojection (FBP). MATERIALS AND METHODS...
- Median prior constrained TV algorithm for sparse view low-dose CT reconstructionYi Liu
National Key Laboratory for Electronic Measurement Technology, North University of China, Taiyuan 030051, China Key Laboratory of Instrumentation Science and Dynamic Measurement, North University of China, Taiyuan 030051, China
Comput Biol Med 60:117-31. 2015..However, the associated image quality by the conventional filtered back-projection (FBP) usually degrades due to the excessive quantum noise...
- Expression of folate receptors alpha and beta in normal and cancerous gynecologic tissues: correlation of expression of the beta isoform with macrophage markersDaniel J O'Shannessy
Translational Medicine and Diagnostics, Morphotek, Inc, Exton, USA
J Ovarian Res 8:29. 2015b>Folate receptor alpha (FOLR1/FRA) is expressed in a number of epithelial cancers and in particular epithelial ovarian cancer (EOC), especially of the serous histotype...
- Observer Performance in the Detection and Classification of Malignant Hepatic Nodules and Masses with CT Image-Space Denoising and Iterative ReconstructionJoel G Fletcher
From the Departments of Radiology J G F, L Y, Z L, D M H, S K V, J L F, M S, D L, S L, C H M, Physiology and Biomedical Engineering A M, D S L, K E A, D R H, Information Technology D J B, and Biomedical Statistics and Informatics R E C, Mayo Clinic, 200 First St SW, Rochester, MN 55905 Department of Radiology, Mayo Clinic, Eau Claire, Wis G C B Department of Radiology, Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, Fla J C C and Department of Radiology, Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, Ariz A K H
Radiology 276:465-78. 2015..sinogram-affirmed iterative reconstruction [SAFIRE]) result in reduced observer performance in the detection of malignant hepatic nodules and masses compared with routine-dose scans obtained with filtered back projection (FBP).
- The effect of iterative model reconstruction on coronary artery calcium quantificationBálint Szilveszter
MTA SE Lendület Cardiovascular Imaging Research Group, Heart and Vascular Center, Semmelweis University, 68 Varosmajor ut, Budapest, 1122, Hungary
Int J Cardiovasc Imaging 32:153-60. 2016..IMR) on coronary artery calcium quantification as compared to the standard filtered back projection (FBP) algorithm and hybrid iterative reconstruction (HIR)...
- Modular Integration of Upconverting Nanocrystal-Dendrimer Composites for Folate Receptor-Specific NIR Imaging and Light-Triggered Drug ReleasePamela T Wong
Michigan Nanotechnology Institute for Medicine and Biological Sciences, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI, 48109, USA
Small 11:6078-90. 2015..9 × 10(-9) M) to the folate binding protein. This dendrimer binding corresponds with selective binding and uptake of UCN@(ONB-Dox)(G5FA) by FAR-..
- Benefits of sinogram-affirmed iterative reconstruction in 0.4 mSv ultra-low-dose CT of the upper abdomen following transarterial chemoembolisation: comparison to low-dose and standard-dose CT and filtered back projection techniqueB Bodelle
Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, Goethe University, Theodor Stern Kai 7, 60590 Frankfurt, Germany Electronic address
Clin Radiol 71:e11-5. 2016To evaluate the advantage of sinogram-affirmed iterative reconstruction (SIR) compared to filtered back projection (FBP) in upper abdomen computed tomography (CT) after transarterial chemoembolisation (TACE) at different tube currents.
- Image Noise, CNR, and Detectability of Low-Contrast, Low-Attenuation Liver Lesions in a Phantom: Effects of Radiation Exposure, Phantom Size, Integrated Circuit Detector, and Iterative ReconstructionAjit H Goenka
From the Sections of Abdominal Imaging A H G, B R H, W K, M E B and Medical Physics F D, Imaging Institute, and Department of Quantitative Health Sciences N A O, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio and Siemens Medical Solutions, Malvern, Pa A N P
Radiology 280:475-82. 2016..in a semianthropomorphic phantom by using either a discrete circuit (DC) detector and filtered back projection (FBP) or an integrated circuit (IC) detector and iterative reconstruction (IR) with changes in radiation exposure and ..
- Impact of the Adaptive Statistical Iterative Reconstruction Technique on Radiation Dose and Image Quality in Bone SPECT/CTLouis Sibille
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Nimes University Hospital, Nimes, France and
J Nucl Med 57:1091-5. 2016..of this study was to compare a routine bone SPECT/CT protocol using CT reconstructed with filtered backprojection (FBP) with an optimized protocol using low-dose CT images reconstructed with adaptive statistical iterative ..
- Four Dimensional Cone Beam CT for Image-guided Radiation TherapyGuang Hong Chen; Fiscal Year: 2013..When standard image reconstruction algorithms, such as Filtered BackProjection (FBP), are applied to highly undersampled data sets, streaking artifacts are rampant in the reconstructed image...
- Biophysical Analysis of Folic Acid-Folate Binding Protein InteractionKumar Sinniah; Fiscal Year: 2009..As a step towards that goal, a biophysical characterization of the interaction between folic acid and folate binding protein (FBP) will be undertaken using bulk measurement methods such as surface plasmon resonance (SPR) and ..
- Simultaneous Tc-99m-MDP/I-123-MIBG Imaging of Neuroblastoma Using SPECT-CTJinsong Ouyang; Fiscal Year: 2011..Filtered back-projection (FBP) is the standard reconstruction algorithm used in clinic to reconstruct the SPECT images...
- Alpha Folate Receptor Mediated GARFTase Inhibitors as Selective Antitumor AgentsAleem Gangjee; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Fibronectin-binding Protein of Treponema Denticola in Periodontal DiseaseXiaoping Xu; Fiscal Year: 2012..The genome project of T. denticola has identified a new putative fibronectin/fibrinogen-binding protein gene, fbp (Gene ID: 2739776), which is homologous to an N-terminal segment of the prokaryotic FN-binding protein...
- TARGETING ENDOGENOUS ANTIBODIES TO OVARIAN CARCINOMAMoo Cho; Fiscal Year: 2003..Immune modulators in this application are all small molecules with MW < 3 kDa, rendering pharmacokinetic properties most favorable for sustained activity in peritoneal cavity as well as reduced potential side effects. ..
- CRYSTALLOGRAPHIC STUDIES OF NEISSERIA FE BINDING PROTEINDuncan McRee; Fiscal Year: 1999..influenza by determining the X-ray crystal structure of the pathogens' 37 kD ferric binding protein (FBP)...
- Delivery of Polyphenols in Gum for Treatment of GingivitisCraig S Miller; Fiscal Year: 2013..we have developed a novel, direct compression chewing gum formulation that contains freeze-dried blackberry powder (FBP) which is anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and antiviral...
- SANDRA KAY ARMSTRONG; Fiscal Year: 2014..In this research, we will define the role of key Fbp system components in Bordetella utilization of ferric siderophores and characterize an apparently novel mechanism ..
- Irwin N Sandler; Fiscal Year: 2014..young adults, in 156 families, who participated in an experimental evaluation of the Family Bereavement Program (FBP), a preventive intervention for parentally-bereaved children...
- Ted M Dawson; Fiscal Year: 2016..assess whether specific posttranslational modifications to c-Abl, a-synuclein, parkin and parkin substrates (AIMP2, FBP-1 and PARIS) are potential biomarkers...
- Perry Pickhardt; Fiscal Year: 2016..noise and diagnostic accuracy between ultra-low-dose DR- PICCS reconstructions and current standard-of-care dose FBP images;and performance comparison of ultra- low-dose CT with DR-PICCS against other commercially-available ..
- Significant CT Radiation Dose Reduction with Equally Sloped TomographyJianwei Miao; Fiscal Year: 2012..comparable or better image resolution, quality and contrast than the full-dose Filtered Back Projection algorithm (FBP) reconstructions [17, 18]...
- MECHANISMS OF TUMOR INITIATION BY BP AND DERIVATIVESErcole Cavalieri; Fiscal Year: 1993..BP radical cations are involved in the formation of 3- and 9-hydroxyBP, we will study the metabolism of 3- and 9-FBP with rat liver microsomes and analyze the formation of the respective hydroxy derivatives by high pressure liquid ..
- Novel IRES-specific trans acting factors that modulate EV71 translationMei Ling Li; Fiscal Year: 2007..Among the 11 novel proteins, we chose to further study the far upstream element (FUSE) binding protein (FBP) and heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein A1 (hnRNP A1) because there is no report indicating the interaction of ..
- Folate, Vitamin D and Calcium in Colorectal CancerRobert Haile; Fiscal Year: 2009..hydrolase (AHCY or SAHH), ADA (adenosine deaminase), methionine adenosyl transferase 2A (MAT2A), folate receptor (FOLR1), reduced folate carrier (RFC1 or SLC19A1), S-adenosylmethionine decarboxylase (AMD1), gastric instrinsic factor (..
- REGULATION OF GLYCEROL KINASE CATALYTIC ACTIVITYDONALD PETTIGREW; Fiscal Year: 1999..GK is inhibited by binding of dephospho-IIIglc of the phosphotransferase system and by fructose 1,6-bisphosphate (FBP)...
- Oral Infectious Disease: Virulence and Host DeterminantsDAVID CULP; Fiscal Year: 2009..Antigen I/II (Ag I/II);and 3) a putative fibronectin/fibrinogen-binding protein gene that is up-regulated at pH 5 (fbp, Smu. 1449)...
- MECHANISMS OF MAMMALIAN MEIOTIC SYNAPSISTerry Ashley; Fiscal Year: 2000..Other aims here will be to examine the temporal expression of other proteins that may be involved in synaptic initiation including FBP which can promote localized melting.
- FOLATE, HOMOCYSTEINE AND METHYL GROUP METABOLISMConrad Wagner; Fiscal Year: 2003Glycine N-methyltransferase (GNMT), first isolated as a folate binding protein, is an abundant tetrameric enzyme in liver cytosol and the exocrine pancreas...
- SIGNIFICANCE OF FOLATE-BINDING PROTEINS IN HUMAN MILKASOK ANTONY; Fiscal Year: 1990..a direct bearing on the membrane insertion, folate binding capacity and possible conversion to the soluble folate binding protein will be investigated in cultured mammary cells...
- MOLECULAR STUDIES OF FOLATE HOMEOSTASISCharles Halsted; Fiscal Year: 2000..proteins: jejunal brush border folate polyglutamate hydrolase (BBFH) and the liver and kidney membrane folate binding protein (FBP) and reduced folate carrier (RFC); 2) to use human tissues to evaluate the relevance of the pig as a ..
- FOLATE BINDERS IN HEMATOPOIESIS & CELL REPLICATIONSheldon Rothenberg; Fiscal Year: 1993..In addition, there have been no studies on the molecular genetics of the FBP to characterize the structure, organization and expression of the gene...
- Analysis of serum folate receptor and antibody level for ovarian cancer detectionKeith Knutson; Fiscal Year: 2007..Membrane-bound folate receptor (FR) alpha is a promising tumor marker for detection of FR alpha-positive tumors...
- PROPERTIES AND FUNCTION OF FOLATE BINDING PROTEINCarol Luhrs; Fiscal Year: 1991There are two classes of folate binding proteins (FBP)--soluble and membrane-associated...
- DNA CONFORMATION DEPENDENT REGULATOR OF GENE EXPRESSIONRichard Schlegel; Fiscal Year: 1999..This protein binds a far upstream element (FUSE) of c-myc to stimulate promoter activity. Since FBP binds only the non-coding strand (NCS) of a far upstream elements (FUSE) of c-myc in a sequence-specific manner, ..
- F box Proteins and Deregulated Proteolysis in CancerMichele Pagano; Fiscal Year: 2005..The substrate specificity of SCFs is determined by distinct Fbp subunits that act as substrate recognition factors...
- Arsenic Embryotoxocity: Cellular and Molecular TargetsM Pisano; Fiscal Year: 2003..The hypothesis to be examined in the present application is that an abnormal folate binding protein genotype increases the risk for arsenic-induced NTDs, the resulting phenotype of which is associated with ..
- STATISTICAL METHODS FOR QUANTITATIVE PETRichard Leahy; Fiscal Year: 2001..However the filtered backprojection (FBP) image reconstruction schemes used in most clinical settings are unable to fully realize the potential of these ..
- Analysis of Folate Receptor 4 Function in the MouseJ Salbaum; Fiscal Year: 2006..Functional requirements for folate receptors differ as well: A Folr1 mutation is embryonic lethal, yet mice lacking the Folr2 gene survive...
- Modulation of Folate Receptor via the Estrogen ReceptorManohar Ratnam; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- FOLATE RECEPTOR KNOCKOUTS, ARSENATE AND BIRTH DEFECTSRichard Finnell; Fiscal Year: 2000..For aim 1, knockout mice have been developed for folate binding protein 1 (FBP-1) and folate binding protein 2 (FBP-2)...
- Wnt Regulation of Tracheobronchial RegenerationSusan D Reynolds; Fiscal Year: 2010..Successful completion of this project will yield insights into critical transitions that are susceptible to dysregulation in human lung disease. ..
- Structural studies on the P1 plasmid partition apparatusMaria Schumacher; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Gene-nutrient Etiologies of Neural Tube DefectsGary M Shaw; Fiscal Year: 2010..Because NTDs result in substantial morbidity as well as high emotional and economic costs, further scientific understanding leading to possible prevention would greatly benefit society. ..
- Folic Acid Enhances Repair Mechanism in the Adult CNSBermans J Iskandar; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our Specific Aims are: 1) to test the response of the folate receptor (FR-a or folate binding protein) and the dihydrofolate reductase (DHFR) genes after CNS injury...
- Non-Invasive Localization of Vulnerable PlaquesCynthia McCollough; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Gene and Nutrient Etiologies of Human Heart DefectsGary M Shaw; Fiscal Year: 2010..Because these defects result in substantial morbidity as well as high emotional and economic costs, further scientific understanding leading to possible prevention would greatly benefit society. ..
- INHIBITION OF CELL-MEDIATED PROMMP-2 ACTIVATION IN ORAL CANCERXiaoping Xu; Fiscal Year: 2008..This research project will test new approaches to inhibit MMPs. The goal is to develop MMP inhibitors for treatment of oral cancer. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Structural mechanism of DNA segregation by the pSK41 par systemMaria Schumacher; Fiscal Year: 2010..Thus, understanding the structural basis for DNA segregation by this par system will provide several points of potential therapeutic intervention against pSK41 harboring multidrug resistant S. aureus strains. ..
- FOLATE PATHWAY GENES AND RISK FOR OROFACIAL CLEFTSGary Shaw; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- FOLATE RECEPTORS IN CRANIOFACIAL MALFORMATIONSRichard Finnell; Fiscal Year: 2002..The applicant has developed a transgenic "knockout" mouse model lacking functional folate binding protein (FBP-1 and FBP-2). Homozygous null embryos for the FBP-1 have lethal neural tube defects...
- EXPERIMENTAL THERAPEUTICS EXPLOITING FOLATE RECEPTORSASOK ANTONY; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Breast Cancer Imaging Using a Solid-State SPECT CameraG Zeng; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- BRACHYTHERAPY DOSIMETRY USING PLASTIC SCINTILLATORJeffrey Williamson; Fiscal Year: 2001..Finally, Specific Aim 3 seeks to demonstrate system utility and accuracy by measuring 3-D dose-rate distributions about brachytherapy sources in clinically-relevant homogeneous and heterogeneous geometries. ..
- FOLATE-RESPONSIVE DYSGENESISASOK ANTONY; Fiscal Year: 2004..Also they will evaluate the effect of down-regulation of FR expression by antisense oligonucleotides to both the cis and the trans elements. ..
- Radio-Immunotherapy (RIT) Planning Using SPECTLAWRENCE ZENG; Fiscal Year: 2004..Novel image reconstruction algorithms will be developed to provided quantitative SPECT images. Our hypothesis will be verified through human observer studies and Channelized Hotelling observer studies. ..
- ATP-DEPENDENT PROTEIN KINASES IN GRAM-POSITIVE BACTERIAMilton Saier; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- SUPPRESSION OF T CELL ACTIVATION BY DIETARY FATTY ACIDSROBERT CHAPKIN; Fiscal Year: 2003..g., rheumatoid arthritis), without compromising host defenses. ..
- 3D Time-resolved Tomographic Interventional PlatformGuang Hong Chen; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- HETEROGENEITY CORRECTIONS IN BRACHYTHERAPY DOSIMETRYJeffrey Williamson; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Image Reconstruction with Solid Srate SPECRLAWRENCE ZENG; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- GENETIC REGULATION OF FOLATE RESPONSIVE BIRTH DEFECTSRichard Finnell; Fiscal Year: 2009..The hypothesis that the Folbp1 receptor functions in complexes with other proteins within the lipid raft of the cell membrane to act as a signaling molecule challenges existing preconceptions concerning the function of this protein. ..
- A new ATP delivery system for liver transplantationWilliam Ehringer; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- ARTIFACT-FREE CT IMAGING FOR RADIOTHERAPY PLANNINGJeffrey Williamson; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Development of a Direct Cellular Energy Delivery SystemWilliam Ehringer; Fiscal Year: 2006..If these trials are successful and once we better understand its toxicity and efficacy, we will reenter VitaSol in trials for whole-body hypoxia. ..
- Glucose Signaling: Regulation of Enzyme ActivityDONALD PETTIGREW; Fiscal Year: 2006..coli. ..
- Mammalian Lactoferrin Receptors: Structure and FunctionBo Lonnerdal; Fiscal Year: 2007..Overall, our understanding of the physiological significance of Lf and its receptor will be increased. ..
- A Novel Detector for Combined Optical and PET ImagingArion Chatziioannou; Fiscal Year: 2007..Furthermore, this imaging system will be of reduced cost, due to its field of view customized to the application of small animal imaging. ..
- Structural studies on the Initiator protein, IBP39.Maria Schumacher; Fiscal Year: 2008..vaginalis suggests it is a possible target for the treatment of trichomoniasis, which afflicts over 170 million individuals each _,ear, ..
- Integrated Tomosynthetic Perfusion and Cone-beam CT Imaging on a C-arm GantryGuang Hong Chen; Fiscal Year: 2009..The new interventional platform will not only benefit those at researchcenters,but also will enable image-guided interventional stroke treatmentsfor hospitals without advanced imaging facilities. ..