Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: FKHR
Description: forkhead box O1
Alias: FKH1, FKHR, FOXO1A, forkhead box protein O1, forkhead box protein O1A, forkhead, Drosophila, homolog of, in rhabdomyosarcoma
Publications224 found, 100 shown here
- Foxo transcription factors induce the atrophy-related ubiquitin ligase atrogin-1 and cause skeletal muscle atrophyMarco Sandri
Department of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cell 117:399-412. 2004..Thus, forkhead factor(s) play a critical role in the development of muscle atrophy, and inhibition of Foxo factors is an attractive approach to combat muscle wasting...
- FoxO1 inhibits leptin regulation of pro-opiomelanocortin promoter activity by blocking STAT3 interaction with specificity protein 1Guoqing Yang
Laboratory of Metabolic Medicine, Singapore Bioimaging Consortium, Agency for Science, Technology and Research, Singapore 138667
J Biol Chem 284:3719-27. 2009....
- AFX-like Forkhead transcription factors mediate cell-cycle regulation by Ras and PKB through p27kip1R H Medema
Department of Hematology, University Medical Center, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Nature 404:782-7. 2000The Forkhead transcription factors AFX, FKHR and FKHR-L1 are orthologues of DAF-16, a Forkhead factor that regulates longevity in Caenorhabditis elegans...
- FOXO1A is a candidate for the 13q14 tumor suppressor gene inhibiting androgen receptor signaling in prostate cancerXue Yuan Dong
Department of Hematology and Oncology, Winship Cancer Institute, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Cancer Res 66:6998-7006. 2006..lines/xenografts of prostate cancer mapped the deletion locus to 919 kb, which harbors only one known gene, the FOXO1A transcription factor...
- Silent information regulator 2 potentiates Foxo1-mediated transcription through its deacetylase activityHiroaki Daitoku
Center for Tsukuba Advanced Research Alliance, University of Tsukuba, 1 1 1 Ten noudai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8577, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:10042-7. 2004..Here we show that reversible acetylation of Foxo1 (also known as FKHR), the mouse DAF-16 ortholog, modulates its transactivation function...
- Neutrophil activation by fMLP regulates FOXO (forkhead) transcription factors by multiple pathways, one of which includes the binding of FOXO to the survival factor Mcl-1Lisa J Crossley
Department of Anesthesiology, Perioperative and Pain Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Leukoc Biol 74:583-92. 2003..fMLP), promotes the phosphorylation/inactivation of the FOXO subfamily of forkhead transcription factors (FKHR, FKHR-L1, and AFX) through the phosphatidylinositol-3-kinase/Akt (protein kinase B) and the RAS mitogen-activated ..
- PAX3-FKHR and PAX7-FKHR gene fusions are prognostic indicators in alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma: a report from the children's oncology groupPoul H B Sorensen
Department of Pathology, Children s and Women s Hospital of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
J Clin Oncol 20:2672-9. 2002..Most ARMS patients express PAX3-FKHR or PAX7-FKHR gene fusions resulting from t(2;13) or t(1;13) translocations, respectively...
- PAX3-FOXO1 induces up-regulation of Noxa sensitizing alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma cells to apoptosisAmy D Marshall
Department of Genetics, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN 38105, USA
Neoplasia 15:738-48. 2013..Most ARMS tumors characteristically possess a specific genomic translocation between the genes of PAX3/7 and FOXO1 (FKHR), which forms fusion proteins possessing the DNA binding domains of PAX3/7 and the more transcriptionally potent ..
- The forkhead transcription factor FOXO1 mediates cisplatin resistance in gastric cancer cells by activating phosphoinositide 3-kinase/Akt pathwayJinju Park
Department of Tumor Biology, Cancer Research Institute, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Gastric Cancer 17:423-30. 2014..Because the transcription factor FOXO1 is related to chemoresistance in various cancer cells, we investigated the function of FOXO1 in CDDP resistance in human gastric cancer cells...
- Role of FOXO1A in the regulation of insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-1 in human endometrial cells: interaction with progesterone receptorJ J Kim
Division of Reproductive Biology Research, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
Biol Reprod 73:833-9. 2005..factors, progesterone receptor (PGR) and a member of the forkhead box class O family of transcription factors (FOXO1A), in the regulation of the IGFBP1 gene in endometrial cells...
- Stable activation of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase in the T cell immunological synapse stimulates Akt signaling to FoxO1 nuclear exclusion and cell growth controlStephanie Fabre
Departement de Biologie Cellulaire, Institut Cochin, Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Unité 567, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Universite Rene Descartes, Paris, France
J Immunol 174:4161-71. 2005....
- Acetylation of Foxo1 alters its DNA-binding ability and sensitivity to phosphorylationHitomi Matsuzaki
Center for Tsukuba Advanced Research Alliance, Graduate School of Life and Environmental Sciences, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8577, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:11278-83. 2005..These results suggest that acetylation regulates the function of Foxo1 through altering the affinity with the target DNA and the sensitivity for phosphorylation...
- Association analysis between longevity in the Japanese population and polymorphic variants of genes involved in insulin and insulin-like growth factor 1 signaling pathwaysToshio Kojima
Human Genome Research Group, Genomic Sciences Center, RIKEN, 1 7 22 Suehiro cho, Tsurumi ku, Yokohama 230 0045, Japan
Exp Gerontol 39:1595-8. 2004..These genes were FOXO1A, INSR, IRS1, PIK3CB, PIK3CG, and PPARGC1A...
- The forkhead transcription factor Foxo1 bridges the JNK pathway and the transcription factor PDX-1 through its intracellular translocationDan Kawamori
Department of Internal Medicine and Therapeutics A8, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Suita City, Japan
J Biol Chem 281:1091-8. 2006..In this study, we have shown that the forkhead transcription factor Foxo1/FKHR plays a role as a mediator between the JNK pathway and PDX-1...
- FoxO1 protects against pancreatic beta cell failure through NeuroD and MafA inductionYukari Ido Kitamura
Naomi Berrie Diabetes Center, Department of Medicine, Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
Cell Metab 2:153-63. 2005..The findings provide a mechanism linking glucose- and growth factor receptor-activated pathways to protect beta cells against oxidative damage via FoxO proteins...
- Regulation of neuronal cell death by MST1-FOXO1 signalingZengqiang Yuan
Department of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 284:11285-92. 2009..Collectively, these findings define MST1-FOXO1 signaling as an important link survival factor deprivation-induced neuronal cell death with implications for our understanding of brain development and neurological diseases...
- Astrocyte elevated gene-1 is a proliferation promoter in breast cancer via suppressing transcriptional factor FOXO1J Li
Department of Biochemistry, Zhongshan School of Medicine, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, Guangdong, China
Oncogene 28:3188-96. 2009....
- Hepatic adiponectin receptors (ADIPOR) 1 and 2 mRNA and their relation to insulin resistance in obese humansT K Felder
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Paracelsus Medical University, Salzburg, Austria
Int J Obes (Lond) 34:846-51. 2010..As adiponectin receptor (ADIPOR)1 and ADIPOR2 are critical components in the adiponectin signalling cascade, we studied hepatic ADIPOR1/2 mRNA levels in humans and their relation to IR...
- Cdc25A regulates matrix metalloprotease 1 through Foxo1 and mediates metastasis of breast cancer cellsXiaoling Feng
Department of Pathology, Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
Mol Cell Biol 31:3457-71. 2011....
- DAF-16 recruits the CREB-binding protein coactivator complex to the insulin-like growth factor binding protein 1 promoter in HepG2 cellsN Nasrin
Diabetes Research Unit and Medical Services, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 97:10412-7. 2000..In HepG2 cells, DAF-16 and its mammalian homologs, FKHR, FKHRL1, and AFX, activate transcription through the IGFBP-1...
- Antagonistic effects of phorbol esters on insulin regulation of insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-1 (IGFBP-1) but not glucose-6-phosphatase gene expressionS Patel
Division of Cell Signalling, School of Life Sciences, WTB MSI Complex, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 5EH, UK
Biochem J 359:611-9. 2001..g. HNF3 (hepatic nuclear factor 3), FKHR (forkhead in rhabdomyosarcoma)] in vitro, while insulin promotes the phosphorylation and inactivation of FKHR in a ..
- Regulation of Foxo-1 and the angiopoietin-2/Tie2 system by shear stressSven Chlench
Charite, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Institute of Physiology, Arnimallee 22, 14195 Berlin, Germany
FEBS Lett 581:673-80. 2007..eNOS and Tie2 were upregulated. No effects on Ang-1 expression were detected. In conclusion, Foxo-1 and Ang-2/Tie2 are part of the molecular response to shear stress, which may regulate angiogenesis...
- The PAX3-FKHR fusion protein created by the t(2;13) translocation in alveolar rhabdomyosarcomas is a more potent transcriptional activator than PAX3W J Fredericks
Wistar Institute, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia 19104
Mol Cell Biol 15:1522-35. 1995..chromosome involved in this translocation have been identified as the transcription factor-encoding genes PAX3 and FKHR. The NH2-terminal paired box and homeodomain DNA-binding domains of PAX3 are fused in frame to COOH-terminal ..
- The hybrid PAX3-FKHR fusion protein of alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma transforms fibroblasts in cultureS Scheidler
Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 93:9805-9. 1996Pediatric alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma is characterized by a chromosomal translocation that fuses parts of the PAX3 and FKHR genes...
- Negative regulation of the forkhead transcription factor FKHR by AktE D Tang
Department of Biological Chemistry, University of Michigan Medical School Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
J Biol Chem 274:16741-6. 1999The FKHR gene was first identified from its disruption by the t(2;13) chromosomal translocation seen in the pediatric tumor alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma. It encodes for a member of the forkhead family of transcription factors...
- Phosphorylation of serine 256 suppresses transactivation by FKHR (FOXO1) by multiple mechanisms. Direct and indirect effects on nuclear/cytoplasmic shuttling and DNA bindingXiaohui Zhang
Department of Medicine, College of Medicine, University of Illinois, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
J Biol Chem 277:45276-84. 2002b>FKHR is a member of the FOXO subfamily of Forkhead transcription factors, which are important targets for insulin and growth factor signaling...
- Pax3-FKHR knock-in mice show developmental aberrations but do not develop tumorsIrina Lagutina
Department of Genetics Department of Infectious Diseases, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, USA
Mol Cell Biol 22:7204-16. 2002..These translocations result in the formation of the PAX3-FKHR and PAX7-FKHR fusion genes, which are thought to play a causal role in the genesis of this disease...
- Convergence of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma and Foxo1 signaling pathwaysPaul Dowell
Biological Chemistry and Pediatrics, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
J Biol Chem 278:45485-91. 2003The forkhead factor Foxo1 (or FKHR) was identified in a yeast two-hybrid screen as a peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor (PPAR) gamma-interacting protein...
- Inducible short-term and stable long-term cell culture systems reveal that the PAX3-FKHR fusion oncoprotein regulates CXCR4, PAX3, and PAX7 expressionOana Tomescu
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Lab Invest 84:1060-70. 2004In the pediatric cancer alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma (ARMS), the 2;13 chromosomal translocation juxtaposes the PAX3 and FKHR genes to generate a chimeric transcription factor...
- Skp2 inhibits FOXO1 in tumor suppression through ubiquitin-mediated degradationHaojie Huang
Department of Biochemistry, and Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:1649-54. 2005Forkhead transcription factors FOXO1 (FKHR), FOXO3a (FKHRL1), and FOXO4 (AFX) play a pivotal role in tumor suppression by inducing growth arrest and apoptosis...
- Co-expression of alternatively spliced forms of PAX3, PAX7, PAX3-FKHR and PAX7-FKHR with distinct DNA binding and transactivation properties in rhabdomyosarcomaShouying Du
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Int J Cancer 115:85-92. 2005..pathogenesis of rhabdomyosarcoma (RMS), including alveolar RMS in which chromosomal translocations generate PAX3-FKHR and PAX7-FKHR fusions...
- Progestins regulate the expression and activity of the forkhead transcription factor FOXO1 in differentiating human endometriumSoraya Labied
Institute of Reproductive and Developmental Biology, Wolfson and Weston Research Centre for Family Health, Imperial College London, Faculty of Medicine, Hammersmith Hospital, London W12 0NN, United Kingdom
Mol Endocrinol 20:35-44. 2006....
- CDK2-dependent phosphorylation of FOXO1 as an apoptotic response to DNA damageHaojie Huang
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Science 314:294-7. 2006..Functional interaction between CDK2 and FOXO1 provides a mechanism that regulates apoptotic cell death after DNA strand breakage...
- The oncogenic transcription factor PAX3-FKHR can convert fibroblasts into contractile myotubesClaudio Scuoppo
Center for Experimental Research and Medical Studies CERMS, Molinette Hospital, Turin, Italy
Exp Cell Res 313:2308-17. 2007PAX3-FKHR, the product of a rearrangement of PAX3 with FKHR is the pathogenetic marker for alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma, an aggressive form of childhood cancer...
- Effects of PAX3-FKHR on malignant phenotypes in alveolar rhabdomyosarcomaKen Kikuchi
Department of Pediatrics, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, 465 Kajii cho, Kawaramchi Hirokoji, Kamigyo ku, Kyoto 602 8566, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 365:568-74. 2008The malignancy of alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma (ARMS) has been linked to expression of the PAX3-FKHR chimeric gene...
- The transcription of FOXO genes is stimulated by FOXO3 and repressed by growth factorsAhmed Essaghir
de Duve Institute, Universite Catholique de Louvain, BE 1200 Brussels, Belgium
J Biol Chem 284:10334-42. 2009..Altogether, our results suggest that the expression of FOXO1 and FOXO4 genes is stimulated by FOXO3 and possibly by other FOXO factors in a positive feedback loop, which is disrupted by growth factors...
- PAX3-FKHR sensitizes human alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma cells to camptothecin-mediated growth inhibition and apoptosisFu Yue Zeng
Department of Chemical Biology and Therapeutics, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN 38105, USA
Cancer Lett 284:157-64. 2009..Ectopic expression of the PAX3-FKHR (PF) fusion protein in RD cells significantly increased sensitivity, whereas siRNA knockdown of PF decreased ..
- IRIZIO: a novel gene cooperating with PAX3-FOXO1 in alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma (ARMS)Fabrizio Picchione
Department of Genetics and Tumor Cell Biology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, 262 Danny Thomas Place, Memphis, TN 38105, USA
Carcinogenesis 32:452-61. 2011..Expression of full length IRIZIO cDNA also cooperated with PAX3-FOXO1 in the transformation of Arf-/- myoblasts. Given that IRIZIO is expressed at increased levels in RMS, it might contribute to rhabdomyosarcomagenesis in humans...
- Resveratrol induces growth arrest and apoptosis through activation of FOXO transcription factors in prostate cancer cellsQinghe Chen
Virginia Bioinformatics Institute, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, Virginia, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e15288. 2010..The present study was carried out to examine whether PI3K/AKT/FOXO pathway mediates the biological effects of resveratrol...
- FOXO1 inhibits Runx2 transcriptional activity and prostate cancer cell migration and invasionHaijun Zhang
Department of Laboratory Medicine, University of Minnesota, MN, USA
Cancer Res 71:3257-67. 2011....
- MicroRNA-223 regulates FOXO1 expression and cell proliferationLihui Wu
Department of Children s Health Care, Yu Ying Children s Hospital, Wenzhou Medical College, Wenzhou, PR China
FEBS Lett 586:1038-43. 2012..Proliferation of the cells was also greatly inhibited when miR-223 was over-expressed. Therein, our data suggest that miR-223 regulates FOXO1 expression and cell proliferation...
- Analysis of FOXO1 mutations in diffuse large B-cell lymphomaDiane L Trinh
Canada s Michael Smith Genome Sciences Centre, British Columbia Cancer Agency, Vancouver, Canada
Blood 121:3666-74. 2013..The independent relationship of mutations in FOXO1 to survival, transcending the prognostic influence of the R-IPI and COO, indicates that FOXO1 mutation is a novel prognostic factor that plays an important role in DLBCL pathogenesis...
- FoxO1 controls effector-to-memory transition and maintenance of functional CD8 T cell memoryMelba Marie Tejera
Department of Pathobiological Sciences, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53706, USA
J Immunol 191:187-99. 2013..These findings have provided fundamental insights into the mechanisms that regulate the quality of CD8 T cell memory to intracellular pathogens...
- Fusion of a fork head domain gene to PAX3 in the solid tumour alveolar rhabdomyosarcomaN Galili
Wistar Institute, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104
Nat Genet 5:230-5. 1993..The chromosome 13 gene (FKHR) is identified as a member of the fork head domain family of transcription factors characterized by a conserved DNA ..
- Structural characterization of the FKHR gene and its rearrangement in alveolar rhabdomyosarcomaR J Davis
Department of Pathology and Labortory Medicine, University of Pennsylvania of Medicine, Phildelphia 19104 6082, USA
Hum Mol Genet 4:2355-62. 1995The FKHR gene, which contains a forkhead DNA-binding motif, is fused to either PAX3 or PAX7 by the t(2;13) or t(1;13) translocation in alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma,respectively...
- Cloning and characterization of three human forkhead genes that comprise an FKHR-like gene subfamilyM J Anderson
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, San Diego Branch, California, USA
Genomics 47:187-99. 1998..and t(1;13), which arise from fusion of the genes for the paired box proteins PAX3 and PAX7, respectively, to the FKHR (forkhead in rhabdomyosarcoma) gene on chromosome 13q14...
- Phosphorylation of the transcription factor forkhead family member FKHR by protein kinase BG Rena
Department of Biochemistry, Medical Research Council Protein Phosphorylation Unit, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 5EH, Scotland, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 274:17179-83. 1999..Here we show that FKHR, a human homologue of the DAF16 transcription factor in Caenorhabditis elegans, is rapidly phosphorylated by human ..
- Cyclic AMP-induced forkhead transcription factor, FKHR, cooperates with CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein beta in differentiating human endometrial stromal cellsMark Christian
Institute of Reproductive and Developmental Biology, Wolfson and Weston Research Centre for Family Health, Imperial College Faculty of Medicine, Hammersmith Hospital, London W12 0NN, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 277:20825-32. 2002..We now report on the role of forkhead homologue in rhabdomyosarcoma (FKHR), a recently described member of the forkhead/winged-helix transcription factor family, as a mediator of ..
- A novel mechanism of gene regulation and tumor suppression by the transcription factor FKHRShivapriya Ramaswamy
Department of Adult Oncology and Department of Internal Medicine, Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Cancer Cell 2:81-91. 2002The mammalian DAF-16-like transcription factors, FKHR, FKHRL1, and AFX, function as key regulators of insulin signaling, cell cycle progression, and apoptosis downstream of phosphoinositide 3-kinase...
- AKT-independent protection of prostate cancer cells from apoptosis mediated through complex formation between the androgen receptor and FKHRPengfei Li
Department of Pathology, University of South Florida College of Medicine, and Program of Molecular Oncology and Drug Discovery, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center, Tampa 33612 4799, USA
Mol Cell Biol 23:104-18. 2003Recent studies suggested that the protection of cell apoptosis by AKT involves phosphorylation and inhibition of FKHR and related FOXO forkhead transcription factors and that androgens provide an AKT-independent cell survival signal in ..
- Regulation of PGC-1 promoter activity by protein kinase B and the forkhead transcription factor FKHRHiroaki Daitoku
Center for Tsukuba Advanced Research Alliance, Institute of Applied Biochemistry, University of Tsukuba, Tennoudai 1 1 1, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8577, Japan
Diabetes 52:642-9. 2003..Here, we show that forkhead transcription factor FKHR contributes to mediating the effects of insulin on PGC-1 promoter activity...
- Constitutive phosphorylation of FKHR transcription factor as a prognostic variable in acute myeloid leukemiaJune Won Cheong
Department of Internal Medicine, College of Medicine, Yonsei University, Seoul, South Korea
Leuk Res 27:1159-62. 2003The transcription factor FKHR, which is controlled by Akt-PKB signaling, is involved in regulating cell cycle progression and cell death. In this study, the phosphorylation of FKHR was observed in 45 (73...
- Insulin-induced phosphorylation of FKHR (Foxo1) targets to proteasomal degradationHitomi Matsuzaki
Center for Tsukuba Advanced Research Alliance, Institute of Applied Biochemistry, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8577, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:11285-90. 2003Forkhead transcription factor FKHR (Foxo1) is a key regulator of glucose homeostasis, cell-cycle progression, and apoptosis...
- Protein kinase B-alpha inhibits human pyruvate dehydrogenase kinase-4 gene induction by dexamethasone through inactivation of FOXO transcription factorsHye Sook Kwon
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
Diabetes 53:899-910. 2004..alpha abrogates dexamethasone stimulation of hPDK4 promoter activity, while coexpression of constitutively active FOXO1a or FOXO3a, which are mutated to alanine at the three phosphorylation sites for protein kinase B (PKB), disrupts ..
- Integration of Smad and forkhead pathways in the control of neuroepithelial and glioblastoma cell proliferationJoan Seoane
Cancer Biology and Genetics Program and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, 1300 York Avenue, New York, NY 1002, USA
Cell 117:211-23. 2004..We suggest that the activity of this network confers resistance to TGF-beta-mediated cytostasis during the development of the telencephalic neuroepithelium and in glioblastoma brain tumor cells...
- Proteasomal degradation of the FoxO1 transcriptional regulator in cells transformed by the P3k and Akt oncoproteinsMasahiro Aoki
Department of Molecular and Experimental Medicine, The Scripps Research Institute, 10550 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:13613-7. 2004..The FoxG1 oncoprotein also inhibits transcriptional activation by FoxO1. Inhibition of FoxO1, albeit by different mechanisms, appears to be a common denominator of the PI3K and FoxG1 oncogenic pathways...
- FOXO1 functions as a master switch that regulates gene expression necessary for tumor necrosis factor-induced fibroblast apoptosisMani Alikhani
Department of Periodontology and Oral Biology, Boston University School of Dental Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
J Biol Chem 280:12096-102. 2005..siRNA silencing also blocked down-regulation of anti-apoptotic genes. These results indicate that TNF induces activation of the FOXO1 transcription factor, which acts as a master switch to control apoptosis...
- Cell-type-specific regulation of distinct sets of gene targets by Pax3 and Pax3/FKHRSalma Begum
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5S 1A8
Oncogene 24:1860-72. 2005The oncogenic fusion protein, Pax3/FKHR, is a more potent transcription factor relative to its normal counterpart, Pax3...
- Suppression of FOXO1 activity by FHL2 through SIRT1-mediated deacetylationYonghua Yang
Department of Pathology, University of South Florida College of Medicine, Drug Discovery and Experimental Therapeutics, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
EMBO J 24:1021-32. 2005..FHL2 enhanced the interaction of FOXO1 and SIRT1 and the deacetylation of FOXO1 by Sirtuin-1 (SIRT1). Overall, our data show that FHL2 inhibits FOXO1 activity in prostate cancer cells by promoting the deacetylation of FOXO1 by SIRT1...
- Involvement of Foxo transcription factors in angiogenesis and postnatal neovascularizationMichael Potente
Molecular Cardiology, Department of Internal Medicine III, University of Frankfurt, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
J Clin Invest 115:2382-92. 2005..In vivo, Foxo3a deficiency increased eNOS expression and enhanced postnatal vessel formation and maturation. Thus, our data suggest an important role for Foxo transcription factors in the regulation of vessel formation in the adult...
- FOXO1A differentially regulates genes of decidualizationOscar L Buzzio
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
Endocrinology 147:3870-6. 2006The forkhead box O1A (FOXO1A) has been identified as one gene that is up-regulated early in the decidualization process...
- Epstein-Barr virus represses the FoxO1 transcription factor through latent membrane protein 1 and latent membrane protein 2AAngharad M Shore
Medical Biochemistry and Immunology, Henry Wellcome Research Institute, Cardiff University, Heath Park, Cardiff CF14 4XN, United Kingdom
J Virol 80:11191-9. 2006..Expression of the EBV genes for latent membrane protein 1 and latent membrane protein 2A decreases FoxO1 expression. Thus, our data elucidate distinct mechanisms for the regulation of the proapoptotic transcription factor FoxO1 by EBV...
- Identification of a new class of PAX3-FKHR target promoters: a role of the Pax3 paired box DNA binding domainL Zhang
Center for Molecular Biology of Oral Diseases, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Oncogene 26:1595-605. 2007..a unique t(2;13) chromosomal translocation resulting in the formation of a chimeric transcription factor PAX3-FKHR. This fusion protein contains the intact DNA-binding domains (PD: paired box binding domain; HD: paired-type ..
- Interaction of FoxO1 and TSC2 induces insulin resistance through activation of the mammalian target of rapamycin/p70 S6K pathwayYongheng Cao
Department of Clinical Molecular Medicine, Division of Diabetes, Digestive and Kidney Disease, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, Kobe 650 0017, Japan
J Biol Chem 281:40242-51. 2006..These data suggest a novel mechanism by which FoxO1 regulates the insulin signaling pathway through negative regulation of TSC2 function...
- Insulin-like growth factor 1/insulin signaling activates androgen signaling through direct interactions of Foxo1 with androgen receptorWuQiang Fan
Department of Medicine and Bioregulatory Science, Graduate School of Medical Science, Kyushu University, Maidashi 3 1 1, Higashi ku, Fukuoka 812 8582
J Biol Chem 282:7329-38. 2007....
- Comparative expression profiling identifies an in vivo target gene signature with TFAP2B as a mediator of the survival function of PAX3/FKHRM Ebauer
Department of Oncology, University Children s Hospital, Zurich, Switzerland
Oncogene 26:7267-81. 2007..the aggressive childhood cancer alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma (aRMS), generates the chimeric transcription factor PAX3/FKHR with a well known oncogenic role...
- Forkhead protein FKHR and its phosphorylated form p-FKHR in human prostate cancerRile Li
Department of Pathology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Hum Pathol 38:1501-7. 2007In vitro studies suggest that the proapoptotic function of forkhead protein FKHR is probably inactivated by means of phosphorylation through the protein kinase B pathway...
- Mechanism and functional consequences of loss of FOXO1 expression in endometrioid endometrial cancer cellsT Goto
1Institute of Reproductive and Developmental Biology, Imperial College London, Hammersmith Hospital, London, UK
Oncogene 27:9-19. 2008..Together, these observations suggest that loss of FOXO1 perturbs endometrial homeostasis, promotes uncontrolled cell proliferation and increases susceptibility to genotoxic insults...
- The PAX3-FKHR fusion gene of rhabdomyosarcoma cooperates with loss of p16INK4A to promote bypass of cellular senescenceCorinne M Linardic
Department of Pediatrics, Pharmacology and Cancer Biology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Cancer Res 67:6691-9. 2007..ARMS is characterized by a chromosomal translocation generating the PAX3-FKHR fusion gene...
- Altered FOXO1 transcript levels in peripheral blood mononuclear cells of systemic lupus erythematosus and rheumatoid arthritis patientsChia Chen Kuo
Division of Allergy and Immunology, Department of Internal Medicine, Cathay General Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Mol Med 13:561-6. 2007..These data suggest that the transcriptional dysregulation in FOXO1 is possibly linked to the pathogenesis of SLE and RA...
- PAX3-FOXO1 controls expression of the p57Kip2 cell-cycle regulator through degradation of EGR1Wendy Roeb
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Biomedical Sciences Graduate Program, University of California at San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, CA 92093 0660, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:18085-90. 2007..Thus, the breakage and fusion of the genes encoding these transcription factors creates a unique chimeric protein that controls a key cell-cycle and -differentiation regulator...
- FOXC1 is required for cell viability and resistance to oxidative stress in the eye through the transcriptional regulation of FOXO1AFred B Berry
Department of Medical Genetics, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada
Hum Mol Genet 17:490-505. 2008..FOXC1 regulates the expression of FOXO1A and binds to a conserved element in the FOXO1A promoter in vivo...
- The regulation and function of the forkhead transcription factor, Forkhead box O1, is dependent on the progesterone receptor in endometrial carcinomaErin C Ward
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Robert H Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center, Northwestern University, 303 East Superior, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Endocrinology 149:1942-50. 2008..Taken together, these data provide insight into the phosphoinositide-3-kinase/Akt/FOXO pathway for the determination of progestin responsiveness and the development of alternate therapies for endometrial cancer...
- CDK1 promotes cell proliferation and survival via phosphorylation and inhibition of FOXO1 transcription factorP Liu
Cancer Center, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Oncogene 27:4733-44. 2008....
- Phosphorylation regulates transcriptional activity of PAX3/FKHR and reveals novel therapeutic possibilitiesRalf Amstutz
Department of Oncology and Division of Clinical Chemistry and Biochemistry, University Children s Hospital, University Hospital Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Cancer Res 68:3767-76. 2008..aRMS), in which specific translocations lead to the formation of the chimeric transcription factor PAX3/FKHR. Here, we found unexpectedly that the transcriptional activity of PAX3/FKHR can be inhibited by the kinase ..
- FOXO1 regulates L-Selectin and a network of human T cell homing molecules downstream of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinaseStephanie Fabre
Institut Cochin, Universite Paris Descartes, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique Unite Mixte de Recherche 8104, Equipe Labellisée par la Ligue Nationale Contre le Cancer, Paris, France
J Immunol 181:2980-9. 2008..Together, these results reveal a new function of FOXO1 in the immune system and suggest that PI3K controls a coordinated network of transcription factors regulating both cell quiescence and homing of human T lymphocytes...
- COP1 functions as a FoxO1 ubiquitin E3 ligase to regulate FoxO1-mediated gene expressionSatomi Kato
Molecular Oncology Research Institute, Tufts New England Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
J Biol Chem 283:35464-73. 2008..We suggest that by functioning as a FoxO1 E3 ligase, COP1 may play a role in the regulation of hepatic glucose metabolism...
- MDM2 acts downstream of p53 as an E3 ligase to promote FOXO ubiquitination and degradationWei Fu
Department of Pathology and Cell Biology, University of South Florida College of Medicine, Tampa, Florida 33612, USA
J Biol Chem 284:13987-4000. 2009..These data suggest that MDM2 acts as an ubiquitin E3 ligase, downstream of p53, to regulate the degradation of mammalian FOXO factors...
- Differential response of glioma cells to FOXO1-directed therapyCara J Lau
Department of Experimental Medicine, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Cancer Res 69:5433-40. 2009..They also highlight the importance of Akt-independent phosphorylation events in the nuclear export of FOXO1...
- Forkhead transcription factor FoxO1 inhibits insulin- and transforming growth factor-beta-stimulated plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 expressionYun A Jung
Department of Internal Medicine and Institute for Medical Science, Keimyung University School of Medicine, 194 Dongsan dong, Jung Gu, Daegu 700 712, South Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 386:757-61. 2009..Our data also suggest that in the hyperinsulinemic state, FoxO1 is inactivated by increased levels of insulin, and does not function as an inhibitor of TGF-beta-induced PAI-1 expression...
- Coordinate regulation of FOXO1 by miR-27a, miR-96, and miR-182 in breast cancer cellsIrene K Guttilla
Department of Cell Biology, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, Connecticut 06030, USA
J Biol Chem 284:23204-16. 2009..We have identified a novel mechanism of FOXO1 regulation, and targeting of FOXO1 by microRNAs may contribute to transformation or maintenance of an oncogenic state in breast cancer cells...
- Genetic association of FOXO1A and FOXO3A with longevity trait in Han Chinese populationsYang Li
Department of Human Population Genetics, Institute of Molecular Medicine, Peking University, Beijing, China
Hum Mol Genet 18:4897-904. 2009b>FOXO1A and FOXO3A are two members of the FoxO family. FOXO3A has recently been linked to human longevity in Japanese, German and Italian populations...
- High expression of the PAX3-FKHR oncoprotein is required to promote tumorigenesis of human myoblastsShujuan J Xia
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 6082, USA
Am J Pathol 175:2600-8. 2009PAX3-FKHR is a fusion oncoprotein generated by the 2;13 chromosomal translocation in alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma (ARMS), a cancer associated with the skeletal muscle lineage...
- FoxO1 - the key for the pathogenesis and therapy of acne?Bodo C Melnik
Department of Dermatology, Enviromental Medicine and Health Theory, University of Osnabruck, Germany
J Dtsch Dermatol Ges 8:105-14. 2010..Various receptor-mediated growth factor signals are integrated at the level of PI3K/Akt activation which finally results in nuclear FoxO1 deficiency...
- Fusion gene-negative alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma is clinically and molecularly indistinguishable from embryonal rhabdomyosarcomaDaniel Williamson
INSERM Unité 830, Unité de Génétique Somatique, Institut Curie, Paris, France
J Clin Oncol 28:2151-8. 2010....
- FoxOs inhibit mTORC1 and activate Akt by inducing the expression of Sestrin3 and RictorChia Chen Chen
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60607, USA
Dev Cell 18:592-604. 2010..Thus, under stress conditions, FoxO inhibits the anabolic activity of mTORC1, a major consumer of cellular energy, while activating Akt, which increases cellular energy metabolism, thereby maintaining cellular energy homeostasis...
- Cytosolic FoxO1 is essential for the induction of autophagy and tumour suppressor activityYing Zhao
Key Laboratory of Carcinogenesis and Translational Research Ministry of Education, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Peking University Health Science Center, Beijing 100191, China
Nat Cell Biol 12:665-75. 2010..This FoxO1-modulated cell death is associated with tumour suppressor activity in human colon tumours and a xenograft mouse model. Our finding links the anti-neoplastic activity of FoxO1 and the process of autophagy...
- FOXO1 is a direct target of EWS-Fli1 oncogenic fusion protein in Ewing's sarcoma cellsLiu Yang
Department of Orthopedics, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, United States
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 402:129-34. 2010..Together, these results suggest that suppression of FOXO1 function by EWS-Fli1 fusion protein may contribute to cellular transformation in Ewing's family tumors...
- Regulation of FOXO protein stability via ubiquitination and proteasome degradationHaojie Huang
Department of Pathology, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY 11790, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1813:1961-4. 2011..This article is part of a Special Issue entitled: PI3K-AKT-FoxO axis in cancer and aging...
- Nephroblastoma overexpressed (NOV/CCN3) gene: a paired-domain-specific PAX3-FKHR transcription target that promotes survival and motility in alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma cellsY Zhang
Center for Molecular Biology of Oral Diseases, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Oncogene 30:3549-62. 2011..Over 80% of aRMSs are characterized by a chromosomal translocation-derived fusion transcription factor PAX3-FKHR. In this study, we linked elevated CCN3 levels in aRMS cells to PAX3-FKHR expression...
- Akt, FoxO and regulation of apoptosisXinbo Zhang
Karmanos Cancer Institute, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1813:1978-86. 2011..This article is part of a Special Issue entitled: P13K-AKT-FOxO axis in cancer and aging...
- Interplay between FOXO, TOR, and AktNissim Hay
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, University of Illinois at Chicago, IL 60607, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1813:1965-70. 2011..The biological significance of these regulatory circuits is discussed in this article. This article is part of a Special Issue entitled: P13K-AKT-FoxO axis in cancer and aging...
- The PKB/FOXO switch in aging and cancerDavid E A Kloet
Medical Cancer Research, University Medical Center Utrecht, The Netherlands
Biochim Biophys Acta 1813:1926-37. 2011..This article is part of a Special Issue entitled: P13K-AKT-FoxO axis in cancer and aging...
- FoxO1: a molecule for all seasonsStavroula Kousteni
Department of Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
J Bone Miner Res 26:912-7. 2011....
- FoxO family members in cancerYuqing Zhang
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, NY, USA
Cancer Biol Ther 12:253-9. 2011....
- FoxO transcription factors; Regulation by AKT and 14-3-3 proteinsGuri Tzivion
Cancer Institute and Department of Biochemistry, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, MS 39216, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1813:1938-45. 2011..This article is part of a Special Issue entitled: PI3K-AKT-FoxO axis in cancer and aging...
- FOXO1 is a tumor suppressor in classical Hodgkin lymphomaLinka Xie
Institute of Physiological Chemistry, University of Ulm, Ulm, Germany
Blood 119:3503-11. 2012..These results suggest that FOXO1 repression contributes to cHL lymphomagenesis...
- Increased atherosclerosis and endothelial dysfunction in mice bearing constitutively deacetylated alleles of Foxo1 geneLi Qiang
Berrie Diabetes Center and Department of Medicine, Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Biol Chem 287:13944-51. 2012..The data indicate that FoxO1 deacetylation can promote vascular endothelial changes conducive to atherosclerotic plaque formation...
- Overexpression of GOLPH3 promotes proliferation and tumorigenicity in breast cancer via suppression of the FOXO1 transcription factorZhaolei Zeng
State Key Laboratory of Oncology in Southern China, Department of Experimental Research, Sun Yat sen University Cancer Center, Guangzhou, Guangdong, China
Clin Cancer Res 18:4059-69. 2012..Golgi phosphoprotein 3 (GOLPH3) has been reported to be involved in various biologic processes. The clinical significance and biologic role of GOLPH3 in breast cancer, however, remains unknown...
- FOXO3 induces FOXO1-dependent autophagy by activating the AKT1 signaling pathwayJingyi Zhou
Key Laboratory of Carcinogenesis and Translational Research Ministry of Education, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Peking University Health Science Center, Beijing, China
Autophagy 8:1712-23. 2012..To the best of our knowledge, our data are the first to suggest that FOXO1 plays a central role in FOXO3-induced autophagy...
- Upregulation of MircoRNA-370 induces proliferation in human prostate cancer cells by downregulating the transcription factor FOXO1Ziqing Wu
Department of Pathology, Nanfang Hospital, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou, PR China
PLoS ONE 7:e45825. 2012b>Forkhead box protein O1 (FOXO1), a key member of the FOXO family of transcription factors, acts as a tumor suppressor and has been associated with various key cellular functions, including cell growth, differentiation, apoptosis and ..
- Donald B Jump; Fiscal Year: 2015..Defining the mechanistic linkage between PUFA synthesis, TAG hydrolysis, FoxO1, GNG &stress pathways will identify novel methods to manage diabetic complications, like hyperglycemia &fatty liver. ..
- Pere Puigserver; Fiscal Year: 2015....
- Regulation of Hepatic Gluconeogenesis by the CREB:TORC2 PathwayMarc R Montminy; Fiscal Year: 2010..By characterizing these chemical changes in TORC2 and understanding how they modify the ability for this switch to trigger glucose production, our studies may lead to new therapies for the treatment of diabetic patients. ..
- MAP Kinase Phosphatase 3 (MKP-3) and Obesity-related GluconeogenesisHaiyan Xu; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Marc R Montminy; Fiscal Year: 2016..By characterizing these chemical changes in TORC2 and understanding how they modify the ability for this switch to trigger glucose production, our studies may lead to new therapies for the treatment of diabetic patients. ..
- Shaodong Guo; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- Role of Hepatic FoxO1 in AtherosclerosisREBECCA ANNE HAEUSLER; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- NITROGEN HETEROCYCLES: METABOLIC EFFECTS AND TOXICITYRaymond F Novak; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Varykina G Thackray; Fiscal Year: 2015..Funding of this proposal will also allow the PI, as an Early-Stage Investigator, to establish a fully-independent research program in the field of reproductive endocrinology. ..
- UTPAL BHAGIRATH PAJVANI; Fiscal Year: 2015..Pajvani will need in order to become an independent translational medical researcher and a productive member of the academic medical community. ..
- Beta-cell ProliferationFredric E Wondisford; Fiscal Year: 2013..These studies of in vivo mechanisms of [unreadable]-cell proliferation may provide therapeutic approaches for diabetes mellitus in humans. ..
- Domenico Accili; Fiscal Year: 2016..Therefore, it is hoped that by parsing its modes of action and interacting partners, new ways to modulate its function can be found. ..
- Mechanism of regulation for the oncogenic Pax3-FOXO1 in Alveolar RhabdomyosarcomaANDREW DURRELL HOLLENBACH; Fiscal Year: 2013..3) Determine how phosphorylation of Pax3-FOXO1 regulates its activity as it relates to ARMS. ..
- Beta-cell Compensation in Partial Pancreatectomy MiceJOHN L LEAHY; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Insulin Signaling and the Heart in DiabetesEVAN DALE ABEL; Fiscal Year: 2011..Moreover, elucidation of the signaling mechanisms that regulate autophagy in cardiomyocytes may lead to novel therapies for preventing or modulating heart injury as occurs in diabetes, cardiac ischemia or cardiac hypertrophy. ..
- Domenico Accili; Fiscal Year: 2016..The driving theme of our work is to define molecular pathways that can be enlisted in the clinic against insulin resistance. ..
- Hepatic Rictor Knockout Mouse Model and the Metabolic SyndromeJENNIFER MARIE ROJAS; Fiscal Year: 2012..The possibility of hepatic steatosis will be assessed by liver lipid quantification. ..
- JOSHUA ROBERT COOK; Fiscal Year: 2015..These studies represent a set of challenging but reasonable goals that will not only contribute significantly to my development as a scientist but may also prove valuable in the continuing struggle against obesity ..
- Sirtuin/FOXO Signaling in the Regulation of Bone MassStavroula Kousteni; Fiscal Year: 2012..An interaction between this pathway and 2-catenin may enhance FOXO1-mediated transcription and regulate the anti-osteoclastogenic properties of 2-catenin. ..
- Nada A Abumrad; Fiscal Year: 2016..abstract_text> ..
- Insulin Action on GLUT4 and FOXO1 in the BrainGarrett Heinrich; Fiscal Year: 2012..This project studies the function of neurons in the brain that express the glucose transporter GLUT4 and gene transcription factor FOXO1 and how insulin action in those neurons maintains peripheral glucose homeostasis. ..
- Hepatic Estrogen Signaling and Protection Against Insulin ResistanceMELISSA NICOLE MARTINEZ; Fiscal Year: 2013..The support of the Ruth L. Kirchstein National Research Service Award to promote diversity in health related research will make it possible to understand the mechanisms of cardiovascular disease associated with diabetes and obesity. ..
- PROMOTER SPECIFICITY OF TRANSCRIPTION FACTORSDavid J Stillman; Fiscal Year: 2010..Swi5 binds to CTS1 but does not activate transcription. Our data suggests that the Fkh1 and Fkh2 proteins bound at the CTS1 promoter prevent Swi5 from activating transcription...
- Haojie Huang; Fiscal Year: 2016..Findings from this study will not only enhance our understanding of age-related prostate cancinogenesis, but could also provide new molecular targets to devise strategies for prostate cancer prevention and therapy. ..
- Terry G Unterman; Fiscal Year: 2016..Additional studies are planned to investigate specific mechanisms mediating effects of FoxO proteins on gene expression and metabolism in the liver. ..
- Integration of PR and FoxO Signaling in Pituitary GonadotropesVarykina G Thackray; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Glucocorticoid Receptor and Lipid HomeostasisJen Chywan Wang; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Danalea Skarra; Fiscal Year: 2014....
- John L Fowlkes; Fiscal Year: 2015..Together, these studies will provide critical mechanistic and pre-clinical information needed to better understand how corrections in insulin and/or IGF-I in diabetes may be beneficial in preventing and treating diabetic osteopathy. ..
- Domenico Accili; Fiscal Year: 2016..The PI proposes to use a combination of developmental and epigenetic analyse coupled with candidate gene approaches to understand the mechanism by which FoxO control ?-cell maturation. ..
- Nicotinamide N-methyltransferase (NNMT) in obesity and insulin resistanceQin Yang; Fiscal Year: 2013..The project will determine the critical role of NNMT in the development of obesity and type 2 diabetes. Potentially NNMT could be a new therapeutic target to prevent and treat obesity and type 2 diabetes. ..
- Membrane-Mediated Alterations In DiabetesRichard W Gross; Fiscal Year: 2012..metabolomics and multiparametric physiologic assessments of myocardial function. ..
- Sudha B Biddinger; Fiscal Year: 2015..We expect to find that FoxO1 and SREBP-1c define two distinct metabolic signaling pathways that are both necessary for the full complement of derangements present in the metabolic syndrome. ..
- Stephen M Hedrick; Fiscal Year: 2016..The results will have direct implications for the progression of long co-evolved viral diseases such as HIV, Herpes, and Hepatitis C virus. ..
- Lisa A Cirillo; Fiscal Year: 2015..Subversion of these gene regulatory events is a likely contributor to metabolic derangements and hepatic disease, making it vital that we uncover the key mechanisms and players. ..
- Foxo1 in Triglyceride MetabolismHengjiang Henry Dong; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies will help define the mechanism of insulin-dependent regulation of MTPand apoC-III production, and elucidate the molecular links between insulin resistance and hypertriglyceridemia. ..
- Notch1-FoxO1 interaction in regulation of hepatic gluconeogenesisUTPAL BHAGIRATH PAJVANI; Fiscal Year: 2010..Through genetic manipulation ofthe Notch pathway in mice, we hope to provide evidence that inhibition of Notch signaling in liver can lead to improved glycemic control. ..
- Morris F White; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- Systemic Factors that Maintain a Young Liver PhenotypeRoy G Smith; Fiscal Year: 2012..Ghrelin levels decline as a function of age. Our research is designed to test whether replacing this hormone with a more stable form will provide health and quality of life benefits during aging. ..
- Fate of Lung Stem Cells During Pulmonary DiseaseSusan M Majka; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- Role of Matrix Metalloproteinase-1 in Endothelial Cell SenescenceCatherine D Mao; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Shawn C Burgess; Fiscal Year: 2016..Thus, the third aim is to determine if genetic suppression of the cataplerotic or the oxidative span of the TCA cycle results in improved metabolic, oxidative stress and inflammatory response to insulin resistance. ..
- Role of FoxO1 in Lipid MetabolismREBECCA ANNE HAEUSLER; Fiscal Year: 2013..These data will provide a roadmap to design new therapeutic interventions in the treatment of dyslipidemia within the rapidly growing population of people with the metabolic syndrome. ..
- The Forkhead Transcription Factor, FOXO1, and its Role in Pituitary Gland DevelopBUFFY SUE ELLSWORTH; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our objective is to determine the requirement of FOXO1 for normal pituitary development by analyzing the pituitary phenotype in mice that lack FOXO1 in the pituitary gland. ..
- MARIA JOSE ALMEIDA; Fiscal Year: 2016..Increased understanding of the mechanisms that control bone formation will provide important information for the development of therapies to maintain or increase bone mass and strength, thereby reducing the risk of osteoporotic fractures ..
- Huizhi Wang; Fiscal Year: 2014..gingivalis by regulating activation of Forkhead box protein O1 (FoxO1) and its downstream CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein beta (C/EBP-[unreadable])...
- Inhibited Intramembranous Bone Healing in DiabetesPhilip C Trackman; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- PAUL MICHAEL TITCHENELL; Fiscal Year: 2015..Ultimately, the new mechanisms identified by these studies will advance our knowledge of normal metabolism and will allow us to identify new therapeutic strategies for treatment of metabolic disorders such as diabetes. ..
- SHOSHANA BARTELL; Fiscal Year: 2014..This work should advance knowledge of how oxidative stress via FoxO activation alters bone mass, and provide a better understanding of the mechanisms controlling sex steroid deficiency- or age-related osteoporosis. ..
- Dana T Graves; Fiscal Year: 2016..In Aim 3 the mechanisms by which the FOXO1-Akt axis regulates selected target gene expression (IL-1, TNF, IL-6, and IL-12) will be examined in vitro. ..
- Molecular Mechanisms that Cause Muscle AtrophyAlfred L Goldberg; Fiscal Year: 2012..g. cancer, sepsis, renal failure) and aging. ..
- MARIANNE AMANDA GRANT; Fiscal Year: 2015....
- Ceramide and acute phase protein elevation during agingMariana Nikolova Karakashian; Fiscal Year: 2009..Throughout the experiments cause and effect relations will be tested by overexpression and silencing approach using adenovirus-mediated gene transfer. Project ..
- Timothy C Hallstrom; Fiscal Year: 2016..Considering that dysfunction in Rb/E2F and PI3K/Pten pathways feature prominently in numerous human tumors, we expect that our findings may be applicable to other tumor types. ..
- Mariana Nikolova-Karakashian; Fiscal Year: 2015..They may also reveal a novel mechanism for integration of inflammatory and metabolic signaling pathways and how aging affects these interactions. ) ..
- Zea Borok; Fiscal Year: 2014....
- KELLY ELAINE JOHANSON; Fiscal Year: 2014..These data will provide basic information about the molecular mechanism by which Pax3-FOXO1 recognizes and regulates the expression of genes involved in ARMS development. ..
- Identification and characterization of tumor suppressor genes in prostate cancerJin Tang Dong; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our genetic and functional studies have established FOXO1A transcription factor, RNU50 snoRNA, and ATBF1 transcription factor as reasonable candidates for tumor suppressor ..
- Azad Bonni; Fiscal Year: 2016..abstract_text> ..
- REGULATION OF HEPATIC GLUCOSE FLUXESRoger Gutierrez Juarez; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Therapeutic Targets in Alveolar RhabdomyosarcomaCharles Keller; Fiscal Year: 2012..In our studies PDGFR-A has been found to be a transcriptional target of Pax3:Fkhr, the translocation-mediated fusion gene found in the majority of alveolar rhabdomyosarcomas...
- FSH-STIMULATED SIGNALS THAT REGULATE FOLLICULAR MATURATIONJohn H Nilson; Fiscal Year: 2013..Understanding how FSH signals to direct follicular maturation can translate into safer and more effective treatments of infertility and early pregnancy loss as well as new approaches for contraceptive drugs. ..
- MECHANISM OF SELENIUM POTENTIATION OF FINASTERIDE EFFICACYCLEMENT C IP; Fiscal Year: 2011..Hypothesis #2: Disrupting the interaction between the DHT-AR complex with FOXO1A is critical for the anticancer effect of finasteride/selenium...
- Modeling Parkinson's Disease by Deleting FoxO Factors from Dopaminergic NeuronsBRENDAN DAVID LOOYENGA; Fiscal Year: 2012..Loss of FoxO factor expression is expected to cause progressive neuronal cell death in mice due to the accumulation of cellular damage from unrestrained oxidative stress and decreased mitochondrial energy production. ..
- Rohit N Kulkarni; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- Control of Lymphocyte Homeostasis by Foxo Transcription FactorsStephen M Hedrick; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- REGULATED TOXIN GENE THERAPY FOR RHABDOMYOSARCOMATIMOTHY CRIPE; Fiscal Year: 2001..therapy, contains a translocation between chromosomes 2 and 13 that encodes a chimeric transcription factor, PAX3-FKHR. PAX3-FKHR is a strong transcriptional activator of promoters containing PAX3 DNA-binding sites and is expressed ..
- Conditional Mouse Model of Alveolar RhabdomyosarcomaCharles Keller; Fiscal Year: 2006..of a developmentally regulated Pax transcription factor (either Pax3 or Pax7) to the Forkhead transcription factor, Fkhr. An understanding of the molecular events underlying the development of alveolar rhabdomyosarcomas will improve our ..
- BASIS OF PAX3-FKHR ONCOGENESIS IN RHABDOMYOSARCOMAChiayeng Wang; Fiscal Year: 2001..The long range goal of the proposed research is to understand the role of PAX3-FKHR in alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma (ARMS), a tumor of fetal skeletal origin that is most common in children...
- THE ONCOGENICITY OF WINGED HELIX PROTEINSPeter Vogt; Fiscal Year: 2003..CWH2, a mutant form of the chicken homolog of mesenchyme forkhead protein, and the human fusion proteins PAX3-FKHR and PAX7-FKHR, the putative causes of alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma...
- Childhood Cancer Gene Program Project GrantJames Downing; Fiscal Year: 2005..Specifically, this program will examine the translocation-encoded fusion oncoprotein AML1-ETO and Pax3-FKHR and the ARF/Mdm2/p53 tumor suppressor pathway...
- IRSG STUDIES OF ALVEOLAR RHABDOMYOSARCOMA GENE FUSIONSFREDERIC BARR; Fiscal Year: 2005..cancer is associated with 2;13 and 1;13 chromosomal translocations that juxtapose the PAX3 and PAX7 loci with the FKHR locus to create chimeric genes encoding PAX3-FKHR or PAX7-FKHR fusion products...
- Translation of Predictive Cancer Biomarkers into Clinical PracticeTIMOTHY J contact TRICHE; Fiscal Year: 2010..In recent years, identification of a unique chimeric gene (PAX-FKHR/FOXO) found only in the alveolar subgroup has been used to identify this intrinsically poor prognosis group...
- Christopher Cardozo; Fiscal Year: 2014..Knowledge that improves treatments to preserve or restore function of these veterans holds the potential to significantly improve the speed of their recovery, and, possibly, their quality of life and community function and integration. ..