Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: fibrillarin
Alias: FIB, FLRN, RNU3IP1, rRNA 2'-O-methyltransferase fibrillarin, 34 kDa nucleolar scleroderma antigen, 34-kD nucleolar scleroderma antigen, RNA, U3 small nucleolar interacting protein 1, histone-glutamine methyltransferase
Publications282 found, 100 shown here
- Human fibrillarin forms a sub-complex with splicing factor 2-associated p32, protein arginine methyltransferases, and tubulins alpha 3 and beta 1 that is independent of its association with preribosomal ribonucleoprotein complexesMitsuaki Yanagida
Department of Applied Biological Science, United Graduate School of Agriculture, Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology, 3 5 8 Saiwai cho, Fuchu shi, Tokyo 183 8509
J Biol Chem 279:1607-14. 2004b>Fibrillarin (FIB, Nop1p in yeast) is an RNA methyltransferase found not only in the fibrillar region of the nucleolus but also in Cajal bodies...
- Evolutionary conservation of the human nucleolar protein fibrillarin and its functional expression in yeastR P Jansen
European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Heidelberg, Federal Republic of Germany
J Cell Biol 113:715-29. 1991..We have cloned the human nucleolar protein, fibrillarin, from a HeLa cDNA library...
- Fibrillarin, a nucleolar protein, is required for normal nuclear morphology and cellular growth in HeLa cellsMohammed Abdullahel Amin
Department of Biotechnology, Graduate School of Engineering, Osaka University, 2 1 Yamadaoka, Suita 565 0871, Osaka, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 360:320-6. 2007b>Fibrillarin is a key small nucleolar protein in eukaryotes, which has an important role in pre-rRNA processing during ribosomal biogenesis...
- [Perioperative changes of coagulation functions in the local advanced liver cancer patients receiving liver transplantation]Hao Yuan Wang
State Key Laboratory of Oncology in South China, Guangzhou, Guangdong, 510060, P R China
Ai Zheng 27:743-7. 2008..This study was to explore perioperative changes of coagulation functions in the local advanced liver cancer patients who received liver transplantation...
- Identification of a gag-encoded cytotoxic T-lymphocyte epitope from FBL-3 leukemia shared by Friend, Moloney, and Rauscher murine leukemia virus-induced tumorsW Chen
Division of Oncology, Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle 98195, USA
J Virol 70:7773-82. 1996..Thus, the CTL epitope of FBL-3 is localized to the transmembrane anchor domain of the nonstructural Gag polyprotein and is shared by leukemia/lymphoma cell lines induced by Friend, Moloney, and Rauscher MuLV...
- [Effects of Xuesaitong injection on coagulation function of gastric cancer patients undergoing laparoscopic surgery: a randomized controlled trial]Yu Wang
Department of General Surgery, Fuzhou General Hospital of Nanjing Military Region, Fuzhou 350025, Fujian Province, China
Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Xue Bao 7:514-7. 2009..To study the effects of Xuesaitong Injection, an extract from a Chinese herbal medicine, on coagulation function of gastric cancer patients undergoing laparoscopic surgery...
- [Relationship between coagulation function and international prognostic index in lymphoma patients]Ya Jun Jiang
Department of Hematology, Second Municipal People Hospital of Lianyungang, Lianyungang 222002, Jiangsu Province, China
Zhongguo Shi Yan Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi 18:1489-93. 2010..The prothrombin time (PT), activated partial thromboplastin time (APTT), thrombin time (TT) and fibrinogen (FIB) were detected by magnetic bead method in 75 lymphoma patients and 20 healthy persons...
- [Hematological changes and related gene mutation of post-severe acute respiratory syndrome patients with osteonecrosis]Wei Sun
Department of Orthopedics, China Japan Friendship Hospital, Beijing 100029, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 86:442-5. 2006..To investigate the hematological changes and related gene mutation of post-severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) patients with osteonecrosis so as to find the sensitive molecular symbols for early screening of the high risk populations...
- Facilitated percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) in patients with acute ST-elevation myocardial infarction: comparison of prehospital tirofiban versus fibrinolysis before direct PCIMartin Mockel
Department of Cardiology, Charite University Medicine Berlin, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Augustenburger Platz 1, 13353 Berlin, Germany
Int J Cardiol 103:193-200. 2005..It is not clear whether GPIIb/IIIa-blockade or fibrinolysis better facilitates PCI...
- [Study on changes of blood coagulation factors in rats with hemorrhagic shock]Yan Jie Zhang
ICU, The First Affiliated Hospital, Wenzhou Medical College, Wenzhou 325000, China
Zhongguo Shi Yan Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi 13:110-3. 2005..pre-shock, and 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 12 and 24 hours after shock, and the levels of plasma FVIII, vWF, TF, D-dimer, FIB, APTT and PT were detected respectively...
- Decreased endopelvic fascia elastin content in uterine prolapseJohn Klutke
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, USC Keck School of Medicine, Women s and Children s Hospital, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 87:111-5. 2008..The purpose of this study was to determine elastin content and RNA expression of related enzymes of elastin synthesis in uterosacral ligament biopsies from women with severe prolapse, and controls with normal pelvic support...
- Effects of oxypolygelatin and dextran 70 on hemostatic variables in dogsMaria M Glowaski
Cornell University, College of Veterinary Medicine, Veterinary Medical Teaching Hospital, Ithaca, NY, USA
Vet Anaesth Analg 30:202-10. 2003..To evaluate and compare coagulation variables following the administration of oxypolygelatin and dextran 70 to clinically healthy dogs...
- [The application of disseminated intravascular coagulation score in sepsis]Rong Qing Sun
Intensive Care Unit, The First Affiliated Hospital of Zhengzhou University, Zhengzhou 450052, Henan, China
Zhongguo Wei Zhong Bing Ji Jiu Yi Xue 21:478-80. 2009..To study the relationship between the disseminated intravascular coagulation (DIC) score and assessment of illness and prognosis in sepsis...
- Insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I) and transforming growth factor-beta (TGF-beta) modulate tenascin-C and fibrillin-1 in bullous keratopathy stromal cells in vitroM Cristina Kenney
Department of Ophthalmology, College of Medicine, University of California, Irvine, 101 The City Drive, Building 55, Room 220, Orange, CA 92868, USA
Exp Eye Res 77:537-46. 2003..The PBK corneas also had accumulations of tenascin-C (TN-C), fibrillin-1 (Fib-1), matrix metalloproteinase-2 (MMP-2), inflammatory cells but not myofibroblasts...
- Contribution of the -455G/A polymorphism at beta-fibrinogen gene and of the Leiden mutation to hemorheological parameters in ischemic stroke patientsEndre Pongrácz
Central Hospital of Home Office, Neurological Department, Budapest, Hungary
Clin Hemorheol Microcirc 35:75-82. 2006The concentration of plasma fibrinogen (FIB) is an important factor in the coagulation cascade and also in the determination of blood and plasma viscosity depending on both genetic and acquired factors...
- Alterations of hemostasis after laparoscopic and open surgeryT Diamantis
1st Department of Surgery, Athens Medical School, Laiko University Hospital, Athens, Greece
Hematology 12:561-70. 2007..We conducted a prospective randomized study in order to detect potentially existing differences in activation of coagulation and fibrinolytic pathways between open and laparoscopic surgery...
- Interaction of the fibronectin COOH-terminal Fib-2 regions with fibrin: further characterization and localization of the Fib-2-binding sitesEvgeny Makogonenko
Center for Vascular and Inflammatory Diseases and the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
Biochemistry 46:5418-26. 2007..Previous studies revealed that this incorporation occurs through noncovalent interaction between two NH2-terminal Fib-1 regions of fibronectin (one on each chain) and the alphaC-regions of fibrin, and is further reinforced by factor ..
- Coinfection with hepatitis C virus, oxidative stress and antioxidant status in HIV-positive drug users in MiamiM K Baum
Florida International University, R Stempel College of Public Health and Social Work, Miami, FL 33199, USA
HIV Med 12:78-86. 2011..The pathogenesis of HIV/hepatitis C virus (HCV) coinfection is poorly understood. We examined markers of oxidative stress, plasma antioxidants and liver disease in HIV/HCV-coinfected and HIV-monoinfected adults...
- In vitro and in vivo effects of Ginkgo biloba extract EGb 761 on seeded Schwann cells within poly(DL-lactic acid-co-glycolic acid) conduits for peripheral nerve regenerationShan Hui Hsu
Department of Chemical Engineering, National Chung Hsing University, Taichung, Taiwan
J Biomater Appl 19:163-82. 2004..Electromyography was assessed based on the motor unit action potential (MUAP) and fibrillation potential (Fib) at 2, 4, and 6 weeks during all periods...
- [Incidence of deep venous thrombosis (DVT) in patients undergoing thoracotomy and changes of hemostasis]Xun zhi Yuan
Department of Anesthesiology, Peking University First Hospital, Beijing 100034, China
Beijing Da Xue Xue Bao 36:529-32. 2004..To survey the incidence of deep venous thrombosis (DVT) in high risk patients undergoing thoracotomy and observe the changes of hemostatic activity...
- Differential binding of factor XII and activated factor XII to soluble and immobilized fibronectin--localization of the Hep-1/Fib-1 binding site for activated factor XIIInger Schousboe
Department of Biomedical Sciences, The Panum Institute, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
FEBS J 275:5161-72. 2008..Accordingly, FXIIa was found to bind to immobilized fragments of FN containing the type I repeat modules in the N-terminal domain to which fibrin and gelatine bind...
- Gene and antigen markers of shiga-toxin producing E. coli from Michigan and Indiana river water: occurrence and relation to recreational water quality criteriaJoseph W Duris
U S Geological Survey, 6520 Mercantile Way, Suite 5, Lansing, MI 48911, USA
J Environ Qual 38:1878-86. 2009The relation of bacterial pathogen occurrence to fecal indicator bacteria (FIB) concentrations used for recreational water quality criteria (RWQC) is poorly understood...
- Quantitative assay for six potential breast cancer biomarker peptides in human serum by liquid chromatography coupled to tandem mass spectrometryIrene van den Broek
Utrecht University, Faculty of Science, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Section of Biomedical Analysis, Division of Drug Toxicology, Sorbonnelaan 16, 3584 CA Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 878:590-602. 2010..The peptides include bradykinin, Hyp(3)-bradykinin, des-Arg(9)-bradykinin and fragments of fibrinogen alpha-chain (Fib-alpha([605-629])), inter-alpha-trypsin inhibitor heavy chain 4 (ITIH(4[666-687])) and complement component 4a (C4a([..
- Potential of whole blood coagulation reconstitution by desmopressin and fibrinogen under conditions of hypothermia and acidosis--an in vitro study using rotation thrombelastometryAlexander A Hanke
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
Scand J Clin Lab Invest 71:292-8. 2011..Desmopressin (DDAVP) and fibrinogen improve platelet function and clot stability. We investigated the influence of DDAVP and fibrinogen on whole blood coagulation in an in vitro model of hypothermia and acidosis...
- Connection between genetically determined blood coagulation factors and haemorheologyEndre Pongrácz
Department of Neurology Stroke, State Health Centre, Budapest, Hungary
Clin Hemorheol Microcirc 39:333-41. 2008..The connection among genetic polymorphisms, haemorheological factors and vascular mortality is also studied poorly...
- Eosinophil activation status, cytokines and liver fibrosis in Schistosoma mansoni infected patientsDenise Silveira-Lemos
Laboratorio de Imunologia Celular e Molecular, Centro de Pesquisas Rene Rachou, FIOCRUZ, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
Acta Trop 108:150-9. 2008..Our studies compare both, intestinal (INT) and individuals with periportal fibrosis (FIB)...
- [Effect of mesenteric lymph duct ligation on coagulability of blood after acute loss of blood in rats]Zi gang Zhao
Institute of Microcirculation, Hebei North University, Zhangjiakou 075029, Hebei, China
Zhongguo Wei Zhong Bing Ji Jiu Yi Xue 21:708-10. 2009....
- msh may play a conserved role in dorsoventral patterning of the neuroectoderm and mesodermM D'Alessio
Brookdale Center for Molecular Biology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Mech Dev 58:217-31. 1996..axis-determination genes and depends on dpp-mediated repression in the dorsal half of the embryo and on fib-(EGF-) mediated repression ventrally...
- Porcine acute liver failure model established by two-phase surgery and treated with hollow fiber bioartificial liver support systemYi Gao
Department of Hepatobiliary Surgery, Zhujiang Hospital, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou 510282, Guangdong Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 11:5468-74. 2005..To establish a highly reproducible animal model of acute liver failure (ALF), for assessing the effect of bioartificial liver support system (BALSS)...
- A comparison of stresses in implantation for grafted and plate-and-screw mandible reconstructionTomohisa Nagasao
Department of Reconstructive Surgery, Keio University Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 109:346-56. 2010..The present study aims to evaluate the stresses occurring at these sites using the finite element method...
- [Effect of recombinant microplasmin on acute cerebral infarction in rats]Jie ying Fu
Institute of Radiation and Irradiation Medicine, Academy of Military Medical Sciences, Beijing 100850, China
Yao Xue Xue Bao 42:1266-70. 2007..degradation product (FDP) concentration in serum and thrombin time (TT), prothrombin time (PT) and fibrinogen (FIB) concentration in plasma were tested after administration...
- [Predictors of occurrence of left atrium and left appendage thrombosis in patients with nonvalvular atrial fibrillation]Ming Jun Lu
Guangdong Cardiovascular Institute, Department of Cardiology of Guangdong General Hospital, Guangdong Academy of Medical Sciences, Guangzhou 510010, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 89:3135-7. 2009..To determine the predictors of thrombosis in left atrium (LA) or left atrial appendage (LAA) in patients with nonvalvular atrial fibrillation...
- Two-dimensional ultrahigh-density X-ray optical memoryHakob P Bezirganyan
Department of Solid State Physics, Yerevan State University, Yerevan City, AM 375025, Republic of Armenia
J Nanosci Nanotechnol 7:306-15. 2007..lithography (ZPAL), spatial-phase-locked electron-beam lithography (SPLEBL), or focused ion-beam lithography (FIB)...
- Improved coagulation and blood conservation in the golden hours after cardiopulmonary bypassScott R Beckmann
Salem Hospital, Salem, Oregon, USA
J Extra Corpor Technol 39:103-8. 2007..Hematocrit, platelet count, fibrinogen concentration ([Fib]), prothrombin time (PT), partial thromboplastin time (PTT), and international normalized ratio (INR) were compared ..
- Neuraminidase-1 is required for the normal assembly of elastic fibersBarry Starcher
Deptartment of Biochemistry, University of Texas Health Science Center at Tyler, Tyler, TX 75708, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 295:L637-47. 2008..microscopy and confirmed by the overlapping distribution of elastin, fibrillin-1, fibrillin-2, and fibulin-5 (Fib-5) by the light microscopy immunostainings...
- Investigation of the static and dynamic musculotendinous architecture of supraspinatusS Kim
Division of Anatomy, Department of Surgery, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
Clin Anat 23:48-55. 2010..The US protocol may serve as an outcome measure of adaptive changes of muscle function following surgery, training, and rehabilitation...
- Saquinavir exposure in HIV-infected patients with chronic viral hepatitisJose Molto
Lluita contra la SIDA Foundation, Hospital Universitari Germans Trias i Pujol, Badalona, Spain
J Antimicrob Chemother 63:992-7. 2009....
- [Effect of plasma fibrinogen level-based defibrase therapy in patients with acute cerebral infarction]Xiao bin Cai
Department of Neurology, Shenzhen Fifth People s Hospital, Shenzhen 518001, China
Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao 29:2124-7. 2009To evaluate the therapeutic effect of individualized defibrase therapy according to the level of plasma fibrinogen (FIB) in patients with acute cerebral infarction (ACI).
- Atrial stunning, inflammation and nutritional status after cardioversion from atrial fibrillationAnna Vittoria Mattioli
National Institute of Cardiovascular Research, Laboratory of Cardiology, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Italy
Int J Cardiol 129:344-7. 2008Conversion of atrial fibrillation (A-Fib) to sinus rhythm is associated with transient mechanical dysfunction of left atrium and appendage, termed atrial stunning.
- Fibroblast-specific perturbation of transforming growth factor beta signaling provides insight into potential pathogenic mechanisms of scleroderma-associated lung fibrosis: exaggerated response to alveolar epithelial injury in a novel mouse modelRachel K Hoyles
Center for Rheumatology, Royal Free and University College Medical School, and Interstitial Royal Brompton Hospital, London, UK
Arthritis Rheum 58:1175-88. 2008..following experimental injury to alveolar epithelial cells (AECs) in a novel transgenic mouse model of scleroderma with fibroblast-specific perturbation of transforming growth factor beta (TGFbeta) signaling (TbetaRIIDeltak-fib mice).
- Fascia iliaca compartment block performed by junior registrars as a supplement to pre-operative analgesia for patients with hip fractureAnnette Høgh
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Viborg District Hospital, Viborg, Denmark
Strategies Trauma Limb Reconstr 3:65-70. 2008..the efficacy of pre-operative pain treatment for patients with hip fractures using fascia lliaca compartment block (FIB) technique performed by junior registrars (JR) as a supplement to conventional pain treatment...
- Changing disease patterns in focal brain lesion-causing disorders in AIDSA Ammassari
Department of Infectious Diseases, Catholic University, Rome, Italy
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr Hum Retrovirol 18:365-71. 1998..S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) criteria for presumptive diagnosis of toxoplasmic encephalitis (TE) for the years 1991 to 1996...
- Development, characterisation and diagnostic application of monoclonal antibodies against Yersinia pestis fibrinolysin and coagulaseV A Feodorova
Laboratory of Hybridomas, Russia State Antiplague Research Institute Microbe, Saratov
J Med Microbiol 49:261-9. 2000A library of monoclonal antibodies (MAbs) which recognised different epitopes of Yersinia pestis fibrinolysin (Fib) was developed...
- Adeno-associated virus vector-mediated expression and constitutive secretion of galanin suppresses limbic seizure activityThomas J McCown
UNC Gene Therapy Center, Department of Psychiatry, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
Neurotherapeutics 6:307-11. 2009..Using AAV vectors, the fibronectin secretory signal sequence (FIB) was placed in front of the coding sequence for green fluorescent protein or the active portion of the neuroactive ..
- Sequence analysis and characterization of a transferable hybrid plasmid encoding multidrug resistance and enabling zoonotic potential for extraintestinal Escherichia coliTimothy J Johnson
Department of Veterinary and Biomedical Sciences, University of Minnesota, Saint Paul, Minnesota 55108, USA
Infect Immun 78:1931-42. 2010..coli. Here we describe pAPEC-O103-ColBM, a hybrid RepFIIA/FIB plasmid harboring components of the ColV pathogenicity island and a multidrug resistance (MDR)-encoding island...
- Peplomycin, a bleomycin derivative, induces myofibroblasts in pulmonary fibrosisT Osaki
Department of Oral Surgery, Kochi Medical School, Kochi, Japan
Int J Exp Pathol 82:231-41. 2001..When pulmonary fibroblasts were separated from saline-injected rats (N-Fib) and cultivated for 7 days in the presence of 5 mg/mL PLM, alpha-SMA protein was weakly expressed, while the ..
- Grazing incidence x-ray diffraction analysis of zeolite NaA membranes on porous alumina tubesTomohiro Kyotani
Bussan Nanotech Research Institute Inc, Mitsui and Co Ltd, Nanotech Park, 2 1 Koyadai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 0074, Japan
Anal Sci 22:961-4. 2006..determined from transmission electron microscopy with focused ion beam thin-layer specimen preparation technique (FIB-TEM)...
- Adeno-associated virus-mediated expression and constitutive secretion of NPY or NPY13-36 suppresses seizure activity in vivoS Foti
Curriculum in Neurobiology, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Gene Ther 14:1534-6. 2007..bilateral piriform cortex infusions of AAV vectors that express and constitutively secrete full-length NPY (AAV-FIB-NPY) or NPY13-36 (AAV-FIB-NPY13-36)...
- Rapid QPCR-based assay for fecal Bacteroides spp. as a tool for assessing fecal contamination in recreational watersReagan R Converse
Institute of Marine Sciences, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 3431 Arendell St, Morehead City, NC 28557, USA
Water Res 43:4828-37. 2009Concentrations of fecal indicator bacteria (FIB; e.g. Escherichia coli, and Enterococcus sp...
- Chemical state of boron in coal fly ash investigated by focused-ion-beam time-of-flight secondary ion mass spectrometry (FIB-TOF-SIMS) and satellite-transition magic angle spinning nuclear magnetic resonance (STMAS NMR)Shun ichi Hayashi
Nippon Steel Corp, Advanced Technol Res Labs, 20 1 Shintomi, Futtsu, Chiba 293 8511, Japan
Chemosphere 80:881-7. 2010..into the environment, were investigated by focused-ion-beam time-of-flight secondary ion mass spectrometry (FIB-TOF-SIMS) and satellite-transition magic angle spinning nuclear magnetic resonance (STMAS NMR) spectroscopy...
- Disseminated intravascular coagulation in catsMichael A Estrin
Division of Internal Medicine, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Minnesota, St Paul, MN, USA
J Vet Intern Med 20:1334-9. 2006..activated partial thromboplastin time (aPTT), presence of fibrin degradation products (FDP), low plasma fibrinogen (FIB) concentration, and thrombocytopenia (<160,000 platelets/microL)...
- Multiplicity of virus-encoded helper T-cell epitopes expressed on FBL-3 tumor cellsM Iwashiro
Institute for Immunology, Faculty of Medicine, Kyoto University, Japan
J Virol 67:4533-42. 1993..In addition, a possible third epitope was located in the N-terminal half of the gp70 sequence and differed from the first epitope in that it was not cross-reactive with the Moloney MuLV envelope protein...
- Cardiac capillary cells release biologically active nitric oxide at an early stage of in vitro developmentD Thuringer
Institut de Pharmacologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, CNRS UPR411, 660 route des Lucioles, Sophia Antipolis, 06560 Valbonne, France
Cardiovasc Res 47:726-37. 2000..Since EC and pericytes (PL) are closely associated in capillaries, we have enzymatically isolated these cells from rat hearts to develop a primary culture of capillary cells favoring the re-establishment of cell interactions in vitro...
- Adsorption and diffusion of plasma proteins on hydrophilic and hydrophobic surfaces: effect of trifluoroethanol on protein structureEuridice P Vieira
Department of Chemical Engineering LEPAE, Faculty of Engineering, University of Porto, 4200 465 Porto, Portugal
Langmuir 25:9879-86. 2009..to investigate the conformational changes and diffusion of adsorbed proteins (immunoglobulin G (IgG), fibrinogen (Fib) and human serum albumin (HSA)) on hydrophilic quartz and hydrophobized quartz (octadecyltrichlorosilane (OTS)) ..
- Screening of genes encoding adhesion factors and biofilm formation in Staphylococcus aureus isolates from poultryMostafa Nemati
Department of Pathology, Bacteriology and Poultry Diseases, Ghent University, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Merelbeke, Belgium
Avian Pathol 38:513-7. 2009..for the presence of bap, icaA and icaD genes associated with biofilm formation, and for bbp, cna, ebpS, eno, fib, fnbA, fnbB, clfA and clfB genes that encode microbial surface components recognizing adhesive matrix molecules (..
- Focused ion beam for microscopy and in situ sample preparation: application on a crustacean digestive systemDamjana Drobne
University of Ljubljana, Department of Biology, Vecna pot 111, SI 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
J Biomed Opt 9:1238-43. 2004We prove that the focused ion beam (FIB) machine can be used as a microscope and as an in situ cutting device for tissue and cells...
- Dopant profiling of focused ion beam milled semiconductors using off-axis electron holography; reducing artifacts, extending detection limits and reducing the effects of gallium implantationDavid Cooper
CEA, LETI, MINATEC, F38054 Grenoble, France
Ultramicroscopy 110:383-9. 2010Focused ion beam (FIB) milling is one of the few specimen preparation techniques that can be used to prepare parallel-sided specimens with nm-scale site specificity for examination using off-axis electron holography in the transmission ..
- The fib locus in Streptococcus pneumoniae is required for peptidoglycan crosslinking and PBP-mediated beta-lactam resistanceB Weber
Univerität Kaiserslautern, Abteilung Mikrobiologie, Paul Erlich Strasse, Kaiserslautern, Germany
FEMS Microbiol Lett 188:81-5. 2000..strain Streptococcus pneumoniae R6 containing various combinations of low-affinity PBPs, disruption of the fib locus results in a collapse of PBP-mediated resistance. In addition, crosslinked muropeptides are highly reduced...
- Hemorheological disturbances in cerebrovascular diseasesI Velcheva
Department of Neurology, Medical University, Sofia, Bulgaria
Clin Hemorheol Microcirc 39:391-6. 2008..Hemorheological variables: leucocytes, hemoglobin, hematocrit, fibrinogen (Fib), plasma (PV) and whole blood viscosity (WBV) at different shear rates by Couette rotational viscometer Contraves ..
- Lopinavir/ritonavir pharmacokinetics in HIV and hepatitis C virus co-infected patients without liver function impairment: influence of liver fibrosisJose Molto
Fundació Lluita contra la Sida, Hospital Universitari Germans Trias i Pujol, Badalona, Spain
Clin Pharmacokinet 46:85-92. 2007..To assess the influence of hepatitis C virus (HCV) co-infection and the extent of liver fibrosis on lopinavir/ritonavir pharmacokinetics in HIV-infected patients without liver function impairment...
- Molecular characterization of the interaction of staphylococcal microbial surface components recognizing adhesive matrix molecules (MSCRAMM) ClfA and Fbl with fibrinogenJoan A Geoghegan
Microbiology Department, Moyne Institute of Preventive Medicine, Trinity College, Dublin 2, Ireland
J Biol Chem 285:6208-16. 2010..Fbl variant proteins with alanine substitutions in key residues had reduced affinities for fibrinogen. Thus Fbl and ClfA bind the same site in fibrinogen by similar mechanisms...
- Distribution of fibrillin I in extracellular matrix and epithelia during early development of avian embryosR D Burke
Department of Biology, University of Victoria, B C, Canada
Anat Embryol (Berl) 201:317-26. 2000..To determine when and how fibrillin-1 (fib-1) may function in early development we have examined the temporal and spatial distribution of fib-1 in chicken ..
- Effective anti-tumor adoptive immunotherapy: utilization of exogenous IL-2-independent cytotoxic T lymphocyte clonesMichihiro Iwashiro
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, and Institute of Immunology, Faculty of Medicine, Kyoto University, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
Int Immunol 14:1459-68. 2002..Thus, the higher capacity of CTL clones to produce IL-2 on their own seemed to be correlated with the in vivo efficacy for tumor eradication and the long-term maintenance of their physiological profiles typical of memory T cells...
- Transmission electron microscopy of fluorapatite-gelatine composite particles prepared using focused ion beam millingC A Volkert
Max Planck Institut fur Metallforschung, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
J Microsc 214:208-12. 2004..are prepared for transmission electron microscopy (TEM) studies using two methods based on focused ion beam (FIB) milling...
- Nanofabrication of cylindrical STEM specimen of InGaAs/GaAs quantum dots for 3D-STEM observationKazunari Ozasa
RIKEN The Institute of Physical and Chemical Research, 2 1 Hirosawa, Wako, Saitama 351 0198, Japan
Ultramicroscopy 101:55-61. 2004..of 200-300 nm including the QD layer inside along the rotation axis was fabricated by the focused ion beam (FIB) technique, with the application of a newly developed mesa-cutting method to adjust the position and angle of the ..
- Human gingival mucosal keratinocytes exhibiting anchorage-independent growth express increased inducible nitric oxide synthase: regulation by MAP kinasesWarangkana Chunglok
Department of Internal Medicine IV, University Hospital Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 410, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Nitric Oxide 11:237-46. 2004..keratinocytes are consisted of less transformed epithelial-like (EPI) cells and more transformed fibroblast-like (FIB) cells. The latter exhibit anchorage independent growth (AIG)...
- HVEM study of crack-tip dislocations in Si crystals prepared by FIB and twin-blade cutting methodMasaki Tanaka
Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Kyushu University, Higashi ku, Fukuoka 812 8581, Japan
J Electron Microsc (Tokyo) 53:505-9. 2004..A selected area around a crack tip was thinned by a focused ion beam (FIB) technique...
- Electron and ion imaging of gland cells using the FIB/SEM systemD Drobne
Department of Biology, University of Ljubljana, Vecna pot 111, SI 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
J Microsc 219:29-35. 2005The FIB/SEM system was satisfactorily used for scanning ion (SIM) and scanning electron microscopy (SEM) of gland epithelial cells of a terrestrial isopod Porcellio scaber (Isopoda, Crustacea)...
- Formation and transformation of amorphous calcium phosphates on titanium alloy surfaces during atmospheric plasma spraying and their subsequent in vitro performanceRobert B Heimann
Universitätszentrum Medizintechnik, Ruhr Universitat Bochum, D 44801 Bochum, Germany
Biomaterials 27:823-31. 2006..coatings incubated in simulated body fluid (r-SBF) electron-transparent samples were generated by focused ion beam (FIB) excavation and investigated by STEM/TEM in conjunction with energy-dispersive X-ray analysis (EDX), electron ..
- Protein arginine methyltransferase 6 specifically methylates the nonhistone chromatin protein HMGA1aTina Branscombe Miranda
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Molecular Biology Institute, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1560, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 336:831-5. 2005..GST fusions of PRMT4 or PRMT7 were unable to methylate the full-length protein or its degradation products. We conclude that PRMT6 is a good candidate for the endogenous enzyme responsible for HGMA1a methylation...
- Focused ion beam characterization of plasma-assisted deposition on polymer films at the nanoscaleM Milani
Department of Materials Science, University of Milano Bicocca, Italy
Scanning 27:275-83. 2005..the work presented here, we analysed the thickness and homogeneity of plasma-assisted deposits by focused ion beam (FIB)...
- Persistence of fecal indicator bacteria in Santa Monica Bay beach sedimentsChristine M Lee
UCLA Civil and Environmental Engineering, 5732H Boelter Hall, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Water Res 40:2593-602. 2006..This study involved monitoring the fecal indicator bacteria (FIB) levels in water and sediment at three ocean beaches (two exposed and one enclosed) during a storm event, ..
- Experimental study on the hemostatic activity of the Tibetan medicinal herb Lamiophlomis rotataMaoxing Li
Department of Chemistry, Lanzhou University, Lanzhou 730000, Gansu Province, PR China
Phytother Res 22:759-65. 2008..time (BT), prothrombin time (PT), activated partial thromboplastin time (APTT), thrombin time (TT) and fibrinogen (FIB)...
- Predictors of insulin resistance among Hispanic adults infected with or at risk of infection with the human immunodeficiency virus and hepatitis C virusC Castaneda-Sceppa
Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy, Tufts University, Boston, MA 02111, USA
J Viral Hepat 15:878-87. 2008..012, SE = 0.0046, P = 0.010). Liver injury, as measured by score to assess liver injury (FIB-4) score, was significantly associated with IR independently of HCV infection (-0.0035, SE = 0.0016, P = 0.027)...
- The application of zero-valent iron nanoparticles for the remediation of a uranium-contaminated waste effluentMichelle Dickinson
Interface Analysis Centre, 121 St Michael s Hill, University of Bristol, UK
J Hazard Mater 178:171-9. 2010..ratio, consistent with the detection of iron oxidation products (akaganeite and magnetite) by XRD and FIB. XPS analysis also recorded uranium on the recovered particulates indicating the chemical reduction of U(VI) to U(..
- A spatially resolved study on the Sn diffusion during the sintering process in the active layer of dye sensitised solar cellsCodrin Andrei
Strategic Research Cluster in Advanced Biomimetic Materials for Solar Energy Conversion, University College Dublin, Dublin 4, Ireland
Phys Chem Chem Phys 12:7241-5. 2010..Here we report on a highly spatially resolved scanning electron microscopy study including focussed ion beam (FIB) milling and energy dispersive X-ray (EDX) mapping of the distribution of all relevant elements within a DSSC ..
- Volumetric interpretation of protein adsorption: interfacial packing of protein adsorbed to hydrophobic surfaces from surface-saturating solution concentrationsPing Kao
Department of Electrical Engineering, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802, USA
Biomaterials 32:969-78. 2011..QCM) for the human proteins serum albumin (HSA, 66 kDa), immunoglobulin G (IgG, 160 kDa), fibrinogen (Fib, 341 kDa), and immunoglobulin M (IgM, 1000 kDa)...
- Fabrication of sub-5 nm nanochannels in insulating substrates using focused ion beam millingLaurent D Menard
Department of Chemistry, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
Nano Lett 11:512-7. 2011The use of focused ion beam (FIB) milling to fabricate nanochannels with critical dimensions extending below 5 nm is described. FIB milled lines have narrowing widths as they are milled deeper into a substrate...
- Spatial variation of waterborne Escherichia coli - implications for routine water quality monitoringRichard S Quilliam
School of Environment, Natural Resources and Geography, Bangor University, Bangor, Gwynedd LL57 2UW, UK
J Water Health 9:734-7. 2011Escherichia coli are often used as faecal indicator bacteria (FIB) to provide a measure of microbial pollution in recreational and shellfish harvesting waters...
- Determination of fecal contamination origin in reclaimed water open-air ponds using biochemical fingerprinting of enterococci and fecal coliformsArnau Casanovas-Massana
Departament of Microbiology, University of Barcelona, Av Diagonal, 643, 08028, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Environ Sci Pollut Res Int 20:3003-10. 2013Low levels of fecal indicator bacteria (FIB) were recently detected in two reclaimed water open-air ponds used to irrigate a golf course located in Northeastern Spain...
- Modulation of feeding by chronic rAAV expression of a relaxin-3 peptide agonist in rat hypothalamusD E Ganella
Florey Institute of Neuroscience and Mental Health, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Gene Ther 20:703-16. 2013..In vitro testing revealed that the vector rAAV1/2-fibronectin (FIB)-R3/I5 directs the constitutive secretion of bioactive R3/I5 peptide...
- Noninvasive estimation of fibrosis progression overtime using the FIB-4 index in chronic hepatitis CN Tamaki
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Musashino Red Cross Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
J Viral Hepat 20:72-6. 2013The FIB-4 index is a simple formula to predict liver fibrosis based on the standard biochemical values (AST, ALT and platelet count) and age...
- FIB/SEM technology and Alzheimer's disease: three-dimensional analysis of human cortical synapsesLidia Blazquez-Llorca
Laboratorio Cajal de Circuitos Corticales CTB, Universidad Politecnica de Madrid, Campus Montegancedo S N, Pozuelo de Alarcon, Spain Instituto Cajal CSIC, Madrid, Spain
J Alzheimers Dis 34:995-1013. 2013..in experimental animals, such as the combination of focused ion beam milling and scanning electron microscopy (FIB/SEM), are opening new avenues...
- Immunorelevant proteins for the diagnosis of bovine staphylococcal mastitisM H Fabres-Klein
Laboratory of Molecular Biotechnology, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Federal University of Vicosa, Vicosa, Brazil
World J Microbiol Biotechnol 29:1155-60. 2013..In silico analysis of the presence of these proteins in mastitis pathogens showed that Fib, ClfA, and the hypothetical protein SAB0166 were the only proteins specific for S. aureus...
- 3-D analysis of dictyosomes and multivesicular bodies in the green alga Micrasterias denticulata by FIB/SEM tomographyGerhard Wanner
Ultrastructural Research, Faculty of Biology, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Großhadernerstr 2 4, D 82152 Planegg Martinsried, Germany Electronic address
J Struct Biol 184:203-11. 2013In the present study we employ FIB/SEM tomography for analyzing 3-D architecture of dictyosomes and formation of multivesicular bodies (MVB) in high pressure frozen and cryo-substituted interphase cells of the green algal model system ..
- Influence of resuspension on the fate of fecal indicator bacteria in large-scale flumes mimicking an oligotrophic riverEvelyn Walters
Technische Universitat Munchen, Chair of Urban Water Systems Engineering, Am Coulombwall, D 85748 Garching, Germany Electronic address
Water Res 48:466-77. 2014..simulating an oligotrophic river were used to explore the fate and transport of the fecal indicator bacteria (FIB) Escherichia coli and enterococci following a combined sewer overflow (CSO)...
- Practical workflow for cryo focused-ion-beam milling of tissues and cells for cryo-TEM tomographyChyongere Hsieh
New York State Department of Health, Wadsworth Center, Empire State Plaza, Albany, NY 12201, USA
J Struct Biol 185:32-41. 2014..Cryo focused-ion-beam (cryo-FIB) milling is being used in a few laboratories to thin vitreously frozen specimens, thus avoiding the artifacts and ..
- Upstream binding factor-dependent and pre-rRNA transcription-independent association of pre-rRNA processing factors with rRNA geneShuhei Ueshima
Graduate School of Comprehensive Human Sciences, University of Tsukuba, 1 1 1 Tennoudai, Tsukuba 305, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 443:22-7. 2014..the pre-rRNA transcription-processing linking factor Nopp140 and pre-rRNA processing factors such as DKC1 and fibrillarin (FBL) associate with r-chromatin during interphase, while Nopp140, DKC1, and FBL were released from r-chromatin ..
- Variation of raw wastewater microbiological quality in dry and wet weather conditionsFrançoise S Lucas
LEESU UMR MA 102 Université Paris Est, Agro ParisTech, Université Paris Est Créteil, 61, avenue du General de Gaulle, 94010, Creteil Cedex, France
Environ Sci Pollut Res Int 21:5318-28. 2014..The densities of fecal indicator bacteria (FIB), Escherichia coli and intestinal enterococci, and their partitioning on settleable particles were analyzed at the ..
- Molecular mechanisms of phoxim-induced silk gland damage and TiO2 nanoparticle-attenuated damage in Bombyx moriBing Li
Medical College of Soochow University, Suzhou 215123, China National Engineering Laboratory for Modern Silk of Soochow University, Suzhou 215123, China
Chemosphere 104:221-7. 2014..In particular, phoxim exposure caused significant down-regulation of Fib-L, Ser2, Ser3, and P25 genes involved in silk protein synthesis, and up-regulation of SFGH, UCH3, and Salhh genes ..
- Biochemical and structural characterization of neocartilage formed by mesenchymal stem cells in alginate hydrogelsMagnus Ø Olderøy
The Norwegian Center for Stem Cell Research, Oslo University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
PLoS ONE 9:e91662. 2014..particular, we used second harmonic generation (SHG) microscopy and focused ion beam/scanning electron microscopy (FIB/SEM) to study distribution and assembly of collagen...
- Molecular evidence for OCT4-induced plasticity in adult human fibroblasts required for direct cell fate conversion to lineage specific progenitorsRyan Mitchell
Stem Cell and Cancer Research Institute Department of Biochemistry and Biomedical Sciences, McMaster University, Faculty of Health Sciences, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Stem Cells 32:2178-87. 2014..Human Fib-derived OCT4 plastic cells display elevated levels of developmentally related genes associated with multiple ..
- Microbial source tracking in a coastal California watershed reveals canines as controllable sources of fecal contaminationJared S Ervin
Bren School of Environmental Science and Management, University of California, Santa Barbara, California 93106, United States
Environ Sci Technol 48:9043-52. 2014Elevated levels of fecal indicator bacteria (FIB), including Escherichia coli and enterococci, trigger coastal beach advisories and signal public health risks...
- Prior low- or high-intensity exercise alters pacing strategy, energy system contribution and performance during a 4-km cycling time trialCarlos Rafaell Correia-Oliveira
Sports Science Research Group, Department of Physical Education and Sports Science, CAV, Federal University of Pernambuco, Vitória de Santo Antão, Pernambuco, Brazil Endurance Performance Research Group, School of Physical Education and Sport, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
PLoS ONE 9:e110320. 2014..cyclists performed: 1) an exercise designed to reduce glycogen of type I muscle fibers, followed by a 4-km TT (EX-FIB I); 2) an exercise designed to reduce glycogen of type II muscle fibers, followed by a 4-km TT (EX-FIB II) and; 3) ..
- Correlative light and electron microscopic observation of mitochondrial DNA in mammalian cells by using focused-ion beam scanning electron microscopySatoko Okayama
Division of Microscopic and Developmental Anatomy, Department of Anatomy, Kurume University School of Medicine
Microscopy (Oxf) 63:i35. 2014..microscopic resolution using a combination of immuno-electron and focused-ion beam scanning electron microscopy (FIB/SEM) tomography methods. Materials & methodsHeLa cells were fixed using 4% paraformaldehyde and 0...
- MicroRNA-122 associates with serum apolipoprotein B but not liver fibrosis markers in CHC genotype 1 infectionTzu Hao Lee
Department of Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina
J Med Virol 87:1722-6. 2015..The noninvasive markers of liver fibrosis, APRI, and FIB-4, were calculated using standard formulae...
- Influence of Land Use, Nutrients, and Geography on Microbial Communities and Fecal Indicator Abundance at Lake Michigan BeachesDanielle D Cloutier
School of Freshwater Sciences, University of Wisconsin Milwaukee, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 81:4904-13. 2015..sand, but little is known about how microbial community assemblages are related to these fecal indicator bacteria (FIB) reservoirs...
- Sunlight inactivation of fecal indicator bacteria in open-water unit process treatment wetlands: Modeling endogenous and exogenous inactivation ratesMi T Nguyen
Engineering Research Center for Re Inventing the Nation s Urban Water Infrastructure ReNUWIt, USA Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720 1710, USA
Water Res 83:282-92. 2015..monitored for one year and found to be effective in enhancing sunlight inactivation of fecal indicator bacteria (FIB)...
- A 30 μm Coaxial Nanowire Photoconductor Enabling Orthogonal Carrier CollectionQiang Xu
Department of Chemistry, University of California, Irvine, California 92697, United States
Nano Lett 15:5861-7. 2015..Characterization by scanning electron microscopy (SEM) of focused ion beam (FIB) cross sections together with electron dispersive X-ray spectroscopy (EDS) reveal the distinct core-multishell ..
- On the Structural and Chemical Characteristics of Co/Al2O3/graphene Interfaces for Graphene Spintronic DevicesBárbara Canto
Instituto de Fisica, PPGFis, PPGMicro, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, 91501 970, RS, Brazil
Sci Rep 5:14332. 2015..Direct observation of pinhole contacts was achieved using FIB cross-sectional lamellas...
- Label-free, sensitivity detection of fibrillar fibrin using gold nanoparticle-based chemiluminescence systemYuanfu Zhang
Shandong Provincial Key Laboratory of Chemical Energy Storage and Novel Cell Technology, School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Liaocheng University, Liaocheng 252059, China Electronic address
Biosens Bioelectron 77:111-5. 2016..The method relied on the interaction of fibrinogen (Fib) with AuNPs and the aggregated AuNPs induce a strong luminol-H2O2 chemiluminesecence (CL) signal...
- AXEL MAGNUS HOOK; Fiscal Year: 2014..propose to continue our very productive studies on Staphylococcal MSCRAMMs and their interactions with Fibrinogen (Fib) through further studies of the following three groups of MSCRAMMs...
- Heat Shock Protein, Citrullinated Antigen and Dendritic Cell InteractionsFrances Santiago Schwarz; Fiscal Year: 2009..These studies will employ synthetic cit-fibrinogen 10mer peptides (containing cit-epitopes) and native fib peptides and purified HLA-DR4 and HLA-DR1 (non RA linked)...
- Joseph R Lakowicz; Fiscal Year: 2015..films, well-ordered nanoparticle arrays fabricated by e-beam lithography and nanohole arrays by a focused ion beam (FIB)...
- LESLEY SUEJEAN PARK; Fiscal Year: 2014..Over 15 years of follow-up data on clinic visits and laboratory tests are available. FIB-4, an established marker of liver fibrosis and cirrhosis, is calculated from routine labs (alanine transaminase, ..
- Improving pain and function in hip fractureR Sean Morrison; Fiscal Year: 2013..the efficacy and effects of 2 regional anesthesia techniques, femoral nerve blocks (FNB) and fascia iliaca blocks (FIB), on the treatment of peri-operative acute hip (femoral neck, intertrochanteric) fracture pain...
- Sub-Wavelength Imaging of Intracellular Metal IonsJoseph R Lakowicz; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will use the focused ion beam (FIB) method to fabricate the initial structures...
- Shruti H Mehta; Fiscal Year: 2015..g., APRI, FIB-4) with new panels that use low-cost tests and local risk factors;AIM 2: To determine whether steatosis and liver ..
- AMY CAROLINE JUSTICE; Fiscal Year: 2015..The Veterans Aging Cohort (VACS) Index adds measures of liver (hepatitis C infection, FIB- 4), kidney (eGFR), and hematologic (hemoglobin, platelets) function to age, CD4 count and HIV viral load and is a ..
- Novel Immune Pathways for Lung Cancer TherapySherven Sharma; Fiscal Year: 2012..are evaluating the intratumoral administration of CCL21 gene modified dendritic cells (DC-AdCCL21) or fibroblasts (Fib-AdCCL21) or replicating deficient adenovirus expressing CCL21 (AdCCL21)...
- Novel Biomaterials as Sealants for Applications in Annulus Fibrosus RepairClare Canal Guterl; Fiscal Year: 2012..The two gels proposed are a genipin cross- linked fibrin gel (fib-gen) and carboxymethylcellulose hydrogel (CMC)...
- Cryo-FIB processing of vitreous biological specimen for electron tomographyPeijun Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will explore using a focused ion beam (FIB) to thin the frozen-hydrated specimen to a degree suitable for cryo-electron tomography...
- Haixin Sui; Fiscal Year: 2015..Therefore, we have introduced an entirely new approach: cryo-focused-ion-beam (cryo-FIB) milling of vitreously frozen specimens for CET...
- MICHAEL ANDREW ACKER; Fiscal Year: 2016..participant in both the severe and moderate ischemic MR trials, as well as the randomized trial of concomitant A-fib, and surgical infections registry...
- Claudia A Hawkins; Fiscal Year: 2016..serum markers of liver fibrosis and cirrhosis, aspartate aminotransferase (AST)-to-platelet ratio index (APRI) and Fib-4...
- COLLAGEN AND THE HYPERTROPHIED HEARTKARL WEBER; Fiscal Year: 1993..Left ventricular pressure overload (LVPO) and hypertrophy (LVH) lead to excess collagen accumulation, or fibrosis (FIB)...
- Conference--Patient Safety Issues in Long Term CareLarry Lawhorne; Fiscal Year: 2002..g., quality indicators, survey deficiencies hospitalizations) and data sets (MDS, OSCAR, FIB) to compare research results against national norms...
- PURCHASE OF TRIPLE QUADRUPOLE MASS SPECTROMETERAlan Sartorelli; Fiscal Year: 1991..Accessories requested with this instrument are a cesium ion source(SIMS), a continuous flow FIB probe, and an electrospray ion source. The electrospray ion source is manufactured by Analytica Inc...
- ULTRASONIC EPICARDIAL ABLATION FOR TREATING ATRIAL FIB.Richard Bernardi; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- PKC Isozymes In Hypoxia-Induced Fibroblast ProliferationMita Das; Fiscal Year: 2009..To study the adventitial remodeling, we used PA adventitial fibroblasts cultured from neonatal control (Fib-C) and hypoxic pulmonary hypertensive calves (Fib-H) and compared the effects of hypoxia on PKC[unreadable]-related ..
- Rapid, Single Molecular DNA Sequencing Nanopore DeviceMATTHEW DUGAS; Fiscal Year: 2003..of: creating a thin (30 nm) SiN film over a 20 um square window in a 1 cm square silicon frame; Focused Ion Beam (FIB) milling a nanopore; subsequent deposition of a multi-layer thinfilm sandwich of conductor and insulating layers on ..
- System for generation of frozen-hydrated samples using the Focused Ion BeamMARK SCHEEFF; Fiscal Year: 2006..A commercial focused ion beam (FIB) system is a promising alternative tool for sample preparation, but the latest research suggests that currently ..
- HEMOSTATIC FACTORS IN VASCULAR DISEASEJAY DEGEN; Fiscal Year: 2001..objective of this research plan is to directly test the hypothesis that two key hemostatic factors, fibrinogen (Fib) and plasminogen (Plg), are important in the progression of vessel wall disease...
- System for generation of frozen-hydrated samples using the Focused Ion BeamNORMAN SALMON; Fiscal Year: 2009..A commercial focused ion beam (FIB) system is a promising alternative tool for sample preparation, but the latest research suggests that currently ..
- Supplement for System for generation of frozen-hydrated samples using the FocusedNORMAN SALMON; Fiscal Year: 2009..Preliminary work by our Wadsworth collaborators has shown that use of a cryo-FIB system avoids the artifacts and difficulties of cryo-ultramicrotomy, and offers additional advantages in preparing ..
- GENE THERAPY AND SEIZURESThomas J McCown; Fiscal Year: 2011..The present proposed studies will define the most efficacious adeno-associated virus vector which will provide a viable gene therapy treatment for intractable epilepsy. ..
- Directed Evolution of Adeno-Associated Virus Vectors for Seizure Gene TherapyThomas McCown; Fiscal Year: 2008..If successful, this novel approach could greatly advance the application of gene therapy to the treatment of neurological disorders. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- RANDOMIZED TRIAL OF TAPWATER TREATMENT IN THE ELDERLYJOHN COLFORD; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- EXTRACELLULAR MATRIX ABNORMALITIES IN CORNEAL EDEMAMARIA KENNEY; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- MEDIATORS OF AGE ASSOCIATED OUTCOMES IN HIV INFECTIONAmy Justice; Fiscal Year: 2002..By virtue of the requested support, the applicant believes she will gain the experience and insight needed to conduct multidisciplinary interventional studies to improve outcomes for middle-aged and older people with HIV. ..
- Silicon Nano-Sensor: Single Molecule RNA/DNA SequencingRashid Bashir; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Alcohol Associated Outcomes Among HIV+/-Aging VeteransAmy Justice; Fiscal Year: 2002..After completing baseline enrollment, follow up will occur at 6-month intervals and new patients will be enrolled as they present for care. ..
- Measuring Oral Disease Burden for Planning ServicesMichael Ross; Fiscal Year: 2003..The principal investigator is based in Houston, Texas (USA) and the collaborators are based in Cape Town (South Africa), Dar es Salaam (Tanzania), and London (UK). ..
- Abnormalities in Keratoconus CorneasMARIA KENNEY; Fiscal Year: 2003..These studies will provide fundamental insights into KC pathogensis and may provide a basis for therapy. ..
- Micronutrient Metabolism in HIV+and HIV-Drug UsersJanet Forrester; Fiscal Year: 2004..The long term goal of this research is to develop effective interventions to improve the nutritional status and health outcomes of drug abusers with and without infectious diseases, including HIV. ..
- Mechanisms of Myocardial Radiofrequency Scar ExpansionRupak Mukherjee; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- A Fatigue Item Bank for Children with CancerJin Shei Lai; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- HIV Disease, Drug Abuse, & Nutrient Therapy in BotswanaMarianna Baum; Fiscal Year: 2007..Since antiretroviral therapies are not readily available to HIV infected adults in most countries in Africa, this study may provide an alternative approach to retard HIV progression. ..
- Zinc Therapy in Zinc Deficient HIV+ Drug UsersMarianna Baum; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Regulation of SPARC in Scleroderma FibroblastsXiaodong Zhou; Fiscal Year: 2007..In addition, we will investigate whether exogenous SPARC can restore or increase fibrogenic effects of TGF-beta on cultured fibroblasts with or without suppression of the SPARC gene using recombinent SPARC protein. ..
- Muscle Perfusion and Protein Metabolism in ElderlyMelinda Sheffield Moore; Fiscal Year: 2009..Results from these studies will provide evidence as to the regulatory role of increased muscle perfusion, amino acid supplementation and aerobic exercise as means of improving skeletal muscle protein synthesis in the elderly. ..
- Indicators of Recreational Water Contamination and IllnessJohn M Colford; Fiscal Year: 2010..Decisions about beach closures have enormous economic implications. If successful, we will quantify the relationship between health and novel rapid methods for traditional indicators as well as viral indicators. ..
- Solar Water Disinfection: Randomized Intervention TrialJOHN COLFORD; Fiscal Year: 2006..It is run jointly with the Bolivian partners at the Universidad Mayor de San Simon and the Fondazion SODIS that coordinates the Bolivian SODIS program. ..
- Perceived Cognitive function Item Bank for Children Who Undergo Cancer TreatmentJin Shei Lai; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- HCV-HIV Coinfection: Impact of Immune DysfunctionRichard Sterling; Fiscal Year: 2007..The K-23 award will protect this candidates time and help him mature into a senior investigator in Hepatology. ..
- Nutritional Status In HIV Hispanic Drug AbusersJanet Forrester; Fiscal Year: 2008..The proposed study will build on the infrastructure of the BIENESTAR study (NIDA DA 11598) and the BIENESTAR-micronutrient study (NIDA DA 14501). ..
- U.T. SOUTHWESTERN ADULT AIDS CLINICAL TRIALS UNITMamta Jain; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Relationship of metabolic abnormalities to hepatic steatosis in HIVRichard Sterling; Fiscal Year: 2008..If our hypothesis is correct, this work could result in a dramatic change in the long-term care of the over 1 million HIV infected individuals in the US. [unreadable] [unreadable]..