Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: FGF8
Description: fibroblast growth factor 8
Alias: AIGF, FGF-8, HBGF-8, HH6, KAL6, fibroblast growth factor 8, androgen-induced growth factor, fibroblast growth factor 8 (androgen-induced), heparin-binding growth factor 8
Publications223 found, 100 shown here
- Structure and sequence of human FGF8J Gemel
Department of Pediatrics, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, 63110, USA
Genomics 35:253-7. 1996Recent evidence indicates that Fgf8 is expressed during vertebrate development in multiple locations involved in the patterning and outgrowth of important embryo structures...
- Receptor specificity of the fibroblast growth factor familyD M Ornitz
Department of Molecular Biology and Pharmacology, Washington University Medical School, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Biol Chem 271:15292-7. 1996..These data should serve as a biochemical foundation for determining developmental, physiological, and pathophysiological processes that involve FGF signaling pathways...
- Fibroblast growth factors, their receptors and signalingC J Powers
School of Nursing, Department of Pharmacology, Department of Oncology, Lombardi Cancer Center, Georgetown University, Washington, DC 20007, USA
Endocr Relat Cancer 7:165-97. 2000..FGF signaling also appears to play a role in tumor growth and angiogenesis, and autocrine FGF signaling may be particularly important in the progression of steroid hormone-dependent cancers to a hormone-independent state...
- Enhanced invasion and tumor growth of fibroblast growth factor 8b-overexpressing MCF-7 human breast cancer cellsJ K Ruohola
Department of Anatomy, Institute of Biomedicine, University of Turku, Kiinamyllynkatu 10, 20520 Turku, Finland
Cancer Res 61:4229-37. 2001b>Fibroblast growth factor 8 (FGF-8) is a secreted heparin-binding protein, which has mitogenic and transforming activity...
- FGF-8b increases angiogenic capacity and tumor growth of androgen-regulated S115 breast cancer cellsM M Mattila
Institute of Biomedicine, Department of Anatomy, University of Turku, 20520 Turku, Finland
Oncogene 20:2791-804. 2001b>Fibroblast growth factor 8 (FGF-8) is a secreted heparin-binding protein, which has transforming potential...
- Regulation of FGF8 expression by the androgen receptor in human prostate cancerVincent J Gnanapragasam
Prostate Research Group, School of Surgical Sciences, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, Framlington Place, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE2 4HH, UK
Oncogene 21:5069-80. 2002b>Fibroblast growth factor 8 (FGF8) has been shown to play a key role in prostate carcinogenesis. It was initially cloned as an androgen induced protein in mouse mammary cancer SC3 cells...
- Receptor specificity of the fibroblast growth factor family. The complete mammalian FGF familyXiuqin Zhang
Department of Molecular Biology and Pharmacology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Biol Chem 281:15694-700. 2006..This study completes the mitogenesis-based comparison of receptor specificity of the entire FGF family under standard conditions and should help in interpreting and predicting in vivo biological activity...
- Role of fibroblast growth factor 8 in growth and progression of hormonal cancerMirjami M Mattila
Institute of Biomedicine, Department of Anatomy, University of Turku, Turku, Finland
Cytokine Growth Factor Rev 18:257-66. 2007..factors which have been associated with the regulation of growth and progression of hormonal cancer is fibroblast growth factor 8 (FGF8) which has also been recognized as an oncogene...
- FGF-8 is involved in bone metastasis of prostate cancerMaija P Valta
Department of Anatomy, Institute of Biomedicine, University of Turku, Turku, Finland
Int J Cancer 123:22-31. 2008....
- FGF-8b induces growth and rich vascularization in an orthotopic PC-3 model of prostate cancerMaija P Valta
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy, Institute of Biomedicine, University of Turku, Finland
J Cell Biochem 107:769-84. 2009b>Fibroblast growth factor 8 (FGF-8) is expressed at an increased level in a high proportion of prostate cancers and it is associated with a poor prognosis of the disease...
- Fast growth associated with aberrant vasculature and hypoxia in fibroblast growth factor 8b (FGF8b) over-expressing PC-3 prostate tumour xenograftsJohanna Tuomela
Institute of Biomedicine, Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy, University of Turku, Turku, Finland
BMC Cancer 10:596. 2010..We studied the effect of FGF8b on tumour oxygenation and growth parameters in xenografts in comparison with vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF)-expressing xenografts, representing another fast growing and angiogenic tumour model...
- Up-regulation of the fibroblast growth factor 8 subfamily in human hepatocellular carcinoma for cell survival and neoangiogenesisChristine Gauglhofer
Institute of Cancer Research, Comprehensive Cancer Center, Department of Medicine I, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Hepatology 53:854-64. 2011..Here we report that at least one member of the FGF8 subfamily (FGF8, FGF17, and FGF18) was up-regulated in 59% of 34 human hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) samples that ..
- Molecular cloning and characterization of human FGF8 alternative messenger RNA formsA K Ghosh
Department of Pathology, University of Southern California School of Medicine, Los Angeles 90033, USA
Cell Growth Differ 7:1425-34. 1996Three alternatively spliced mRNA isoforms of the human fibroblast growth factor-8 (FGF8) gene, expressed in a prostatic carcinoma cell line, have been isolated as cDNA clones and characterized by DNA sequencing...
- FGF8 isoform b expression in human prostate cancerV J Gnanapragasam
Prostate Research Group, School of Surgical Sciences, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, Framlington Place, Newcastle upon Tyne NE2 4HH, UK
Br J Cancer 88:1432-8. 2003Overexpression of fibroblast growth factor 8 (FGF8) mRNA has been previously described in prostate cancer. Of its four isoforms, FGF8b is thought to be the most important in carcinogenesis...
- Human androgen-induced growth factor in prostate and breast cancer cells: its molecular cloning and growth propertiesA Tanaka
Department of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, Kagoshima University, Japan
FEBS Lett 363:226-30. 1995Androgen-induced growth factor (AIGF) has hormone-regulated properties in the mouse Shionogi carcinoma cell line...
- The human FGF-8 gene localizes on chromosome 10q24 and is subjected to induction by androgen in breast cancer cellsR A Payson
Department of Internal Medicine and Comprehensive Cancer Center, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Oncogene 13:47-53. 1996Androgen-induced growth factor (AIGF or FGF-8) was originally isolated from the conditioned medium of an androgen-dependent Shionogi carcinoma, SC-3, cell line. It shares structural similarity with other members of the FGF family...
- Fibroblast growth factor 8 is expressed at higher levels in lactating human breast and in breast cancerC Zammit
Cancer Research UK Laboratories, Department of Cancer Medicine, Imperial College, Hammersmith Hospital, Du Cane Road, London W12 0NN, UK
Br J Cancer 86:1097-103. 2002b>Fibroblast growth factor 8 can transform NIH3T3 cells and its expression has been found to be associated with breast and prostate cancer...
- Regionalisation and acquisition of polarity in the optic tectumH Nakamura
Department of Molecular Neurobiology, Institute of Development, Aging and Cancer, Tohoku University, Seiryo machi 4 1, Aoba ku, 980 8575, Sendai, Japan
Prog Neurobiol 65:473-88. 2001..b>Fgf8 is a candidate signalling molecule in the organiser...
- Cardiac arterial pole alignment is sensitive to FGF8 signaling in the pharynxMary R Hutson
Neonatal Perinatal Research Institute, Division of Neonatology, Department of Pediatrics, Box 3179, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Dev Biol 295:486-97. 2006..We hypothesized that neural crest ablation results in elevated FGF8 signaling in the caudal pharynx that disrupts secondary heart field development...
- Functional relationship between fibroblast growth factor-8 and bone morphogenetic proteins in regulating steroidogenesis by rat granulosa cellsTomoko Miyoshi
Department of Medicine and Clinical Science, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2 5 1 Shikata cho, Kitaku, Okayama 700 8558, Japan
Mol Cell Endocrinol 325:84-92. 2010..This interaction between FGF-8 and BMPs may play a key role in regulating steroidogenesis through oocyte-granulosa cell communication...
- Hopf bifurcation in the presomitic mesoderm during the mouse segmentationAitor Gonzalez
Institute for Virus Research, Kyoto University, Japan
J Theor Biol 259:176-89. 2009..In addition to the cyclic genes, there is a gradient of fibroblast growth factor 8 (Fgf8) mRNA from posterior to anterior PSM...
- FGF8 dose-dependent regulation of embryonic submandibular salivary gland morphogenesisTina Jaskoll
Laboratory for Developmental Genetics, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90089 0641, USA
Dev Biol 268:457-69. 2004b>FGF8 has been shown to play important morphoregulatory roles during embryonic development...
- Busulfan-induced central polydactyly, syndactyly and cleft hand or foot: a common mechanism of disruption leads to divergent phenotypesTakuji Naruse
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Yamagata University School of Medicine, Yamagata 990 9585, Japan
Dev Growth Differ 49:533-41. 2007..end labeling (TUNEL) assays; we also carried out whole mount in situ hybridization for fibroblast growth factor-8 (Fgf8), bone morphogenetic protein-4 (Bmp4), and sonic hedgehog (Shh) to examine developmental pathways linked to these ..
- Differentiation of non-mesencephalic neural stem cells towards dopaminergic neuronsR Rossler
Department of Neuroscience, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, A Deusinglaan 1, 9713AV Groningen, The Netherlands
Neuroscience 170:417-28. 2010..is partially activated by a combination of the extracellular induction factors Sonic Hedgehog (Shh), Fibroblast Growth Factor 8 (FGF8) and Wnt1 that trigger specific intracellular transcription cascades...
- An Fgf8 mouse mutant phenocopies human 22q11 deletion syndromeDeborah U Frank
Department of Pediatrics, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
Development 129:4591-603. 2002..b>Fibroblast growth factor 8 is a signaling molecule expressed in the ectoderm and endoderm of the developing pharyngeal arches and ..
- Developmental basis for hind-limb loss in dolphins and origin of the cetacean bodyplanJ G M Thewissen
Department of Anatomy, Northeastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine, Rootstown, OH 44272, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:8414-8. 2006..Our data indicate that the cetacean hind-limb bud forms an AER and that this structure expresses Fgf8 initially, but that neither the AER nor Fgf8 expression is maintained...
- Mutation of the atrophin2 gene in the zebrafish disrupts signaling by fibroblast growth factor during development of the inner earYukako Asai
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Laboratory of Sensory Neuroscience, The Rockefeller University, 1230 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021 6399, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:9069-74. 2006..line, ru622, whose phenotypic characteristics resembled those of null mutants for the gene encoding fibroblast growth factor 8 (Fgf8): an inconsistent startle response, circular swimming, fused otoliths, and abnormal semicircular ..
- Engrailed and Fgf8 act synergistically to maintain the boundary between diencephalon and mesencephalonSteffen Scholpp
Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics, Dresden, Germany
Development 130:4881-93. 2003..This suggests that an additional factor maintains midbrain cell fate. We find that Fgf8 is a candidate for this signal, as it is both necessary and sufficient to repress pax6...
- Retinoids control anterior and dorsal properties in the developing forebrainAida Halilagic
MRC Centre for Developmental Neurobiology, King s College London, Guy s Campus, London SE1 1UL, UK
Dev Biol 303:362-75. 2007..shown that retinoids act mainly on cell proliferation and survival in the ventral forebrain by regulating SHH and FGF8 signaling...
- The development of the thalamic motor learning area is regulated by Fgf8 expressionAlmudena Martinez-Ferre
Instituto de Neurociencias, Universidad Miguel Hernandez Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, 03550 San Juan de Alicante, Spain
J Neurosci 29:13389-400. 2009..The Fgf8 gene is expressed in the dorsal midline of the diencephalon, close to the area in which the habenular region will ..
- Neural crest induction by paraxial mesoderm in Xenopus embryos requires FGF signalsAnne Hélène Monsoro-Burq
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, University of California at Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Development 130:3111-24. 2003..Among the FGFs, FGF8 is strongly expressed by the paraxial mesoderm...
- Comparative genomics on FGF16 orthologsYuriko Katoh
M and M Medical BioInformatics, Hongo 113 0033, Japan
Int J Mol Med 16:959-63. 2005We have previously reported comparative genomics analyses on FGF3, FGF4, FGF6, FGF7, FGF8, FGF10, FGF11, FGF17, FGF18, FGF19, FGF20, FGF22 and FGF23 genes...
- Ablation of specific expression domains reveals discrete functions of ectoderm- and endoderm-derived FGF8 during cardiovascular and pharyngeal developmentTimothy L Macatee
Program in Human Molecular Biology and Genetics, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
Development 130:6361-74. 2003b>Fibroblast growth factor 8 (Fgf8) is expressed in many domains of the developing embryo...
- Correlation of vascular endothelial growth factor expression with fibroblast growth factor-8 expression and clinico-pathologic parameters in human prostate cancerA F West
Prostate Research Group, Department of Surgery, The Medical School, University of Newcastle, Newcastle upon Tyne NE2 4HH, UK
Br J Cancer 85:576-83. 2001..In conclusion, we report for the first time a correlation of both tumour and stromal VEGF expression in prostate cancer with clinical parameters as well as its correlation to FGF-8 expression...
- Vitamin D3 suppresses the androgen-stimulated growth of mouse mammary carcinoma SC-3 cells by transcriptional repression of fibroblast growth factor 8Hirotoshi Kawata
Department of Pathology, Jichi Medical University, Shimotsuke, Tochigi, Japan
J Cell Physiol 207:793-9. 2006..Importantly, fgf8 was markedly repressed in response to vitamin D3...
- Evidence that FGF8 signalling from the midbrain-hindbrain junction regulates growth and polarity in the developing midbrainS M Lee
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, The Biolabs, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Development 124:959-69. 1997..We have explored the role of Wnt-1 and FGF8 signalling in the regulation of mesencephalic polarity...
- Prevention of ochratoxin A-induced neural tube defects by folic acid in the genetic polydactyly/arhinencephaly mouse, Pdn/PdnRyu ichi Katagiri
School of Health Science, Faculty of Medicine, Tottori University, Yonago, Tottori, Japan
Congenit Anom (Kyoto) 47:90-6. 2007..Over-expression of Fgf8 was observed at the anterior neural ridge (ANR) in the non-treated Pdn/Pdn...
- Retinoid signaling is required to complete the vertebrate cardiac left/right asymmetry pathwayM H Zile
Department of Food Science and Human Nutrition, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan, 48824, USA
Dev Biol 223:323-38. 2000..reveals the expression of early asymmetry genes activin receptor IIa, sonic hedgehog, Caronte, Lefty-1, and Fgf8 to be unaffected by the lack of retinoids, while expression of the downstream genes nodal-related, snail-related (..
- Role of Lmx1b and Wnt1 in mesencephalon and metencephalon developmentEiji Matsunaga
Department of Molecular Neurobiology, Institute of Development, Aging and Cancer, and Graduate School of Life Sciences, Tohoku University, Seiryo machi 4 1, Aoba ku, Sendai 980 8575, Japan
Development 129:5269-77. 2002The isthmus is the organizing center for the tectum and cerebellum. Fgf8 and Wnt1 are secreted molecules expressed around the isthmus. The function of Fgf8 has been well analyzed, and now accepted as the most important organizing signal...
- The isthmic organizer signal FGF8 is required for cell survival in the prospective midbrain and cerebellumCandace L Chi
Department of Anatomy and Program in Developmental Biology, School of Medicine, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 0452, USA
Development 130:2633-44. 2003..b>FGF8 and WNT1 have been implicated as key components of IsO signaling activity, and previous studies have shown that in ..
- Androgen inducibility of Fgf8 in Shionogi carcinoma 115 cells correlates with an adjacent t(5;19) translocationAnat Erdreich-Epstein
Division of Hematology Oncology, The Saban Research Institute, Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, California, USA
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 45:169-81. 2006Fgf8 (fibroblast growth factor 8) was initially cloned from a mouse mammary tumor cell line derived from the androgen-dependent Shionogi carcinoma 115...
- Fgf8 expression defines a morphogenetic center required for olfactory neurogenesis and nasal cavity development in the mouseShimako Kawauchi
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, and Developmental Biology Center, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697 1275, USA
Development 132:5211-23. 2005..We used a genetic approach to test the hypothesis that Fgf8 plays such a role in developing OE...
- Fgf8 induces pillar cell fate and regulates cellular patterning in the mammalian cochleaBonnie E Jacques
Section on Developmental Neuroscience, Porter Neuroscience Research Center, 35 Convent Dr, Room 2A 100, National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Development 134:3021-9. 2007..Here, using in vitro and in vivo techniques, we demonstrate that an Fgf8 signal arising from the inner hair cells is the key component in an inductive pathway that regulates the number, ..
- Induction of initial heart alpha-actin, smooth muscle alpha-actin, in chick pregastrula epiblast: the role of hypoblast and fibroblast growth factor-8Hiroko Matsui
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka City University, Osaka 545 8585, Japan
Dev Growth Differ 50:143-57. 2008..Here we investigated the role of fibroblast growth factor-8 (FGF8) in the expression of SMA...
- The complex genetics of Kallmann syndrome: KAL1, FGFR1, FGF8, PROKR2, PROK2, et alJ P Hardelin
INSERM U587, Département de Neuroscience, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
Sex Dev 2:181-93. 2008..To date, five KS genes have been identified, namely, FGFR1, FGF8, PROKR2, PROK2, and KAL1. Mutations in these genes, however, account for barely 30% of all KS cases...
- Gene regulatory networks underlying the compartmentalization of the Ciona central nervous systemKaoru S Imai
Department of Zoology, Graduate School of Science, Kyoto University, Sakyo ku, Kyoto, 606 8502, Japan
Development 136:285-93. 2009..The Fgf8 signaling molecule expressed in the MHB organizer plays a key role in delineating separate mesencephalon and ..
- The Fgf8 signal causes cerebellar differentiation by activating the Ras-ERK signaling pathwayTatsuya Sato
Department of Molecular Neurobiology, Graduate School of Life Sciences, Tohoku University, Seiryo machi 4 1, Aoba ku, Sendai 980 8575, Japan
Development 131:4275-85. 2004The mes/metencephalic boundary (isthmus) is an organizing center for the optic tectum and cerebellum. Fgf8 is accepted as a crucial organizing signal...
- Otx2, Gbx2, and Fgf8 expression patterns in the chick developing inner ear and their possible roles in otic specification and early innervationHortensia Sanchez-Calderon
Departamento de Biologia Celular, Universidad de Extremadura, Avda de Elvas s n, 06071 Badajoz, Spain
Gene Expr Patterns 4:659-69. 2004..Here, we present a detailed description of the Otx2, Gbx2, and Fgf8 gene expression patterns in the chick developing inner ear, comparing them with the Bmp4 expression, a putative ..
- Early thyroid development requires a Tbx1-Fgf8 pathwayGabriella Lania
Telethon Institute of Genetics and Medicine, and University Federico II, Naples, Italy
Dev Biol 328:109-17. 2009..Because Tbx1 regulates the expression of Fgf8 in the mesoderm, we postulated that Fgf8 mediates critical Tbx1-dependent interactions between mesodermal cells and ..
- Integration of proviral sequences, but not at the common integration sites of the FGF8 locus, in an androgen-dependent mouse mammary Shionogi carcinomaK Kuriki
Department of Pathology, Jichi Medical School, Kawachi, Tochigi, Japan
Cell Mol Biol (Noisy-le-grand) 46:1147-56. 2000..Prompted by our previous finding that FGF8, an insertionally activated cellular oncogene, is highly expressed in androgen-dependent mouse mammary Shionogi ..
- The role of fibroblast growth factors and their receptors in prostate cancerB Kwabi-Addo
Department of Pathology, Baylor College of Medicine and Michael E DeBakey Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Endocr Relat Cancer 11:709-24. 2004..Fibroblast growth factors (FGFs), including FGF1 (acidic FGF), FGF2 (basic FGF), FGF6 and FGF8 are all expressed at increased levels in prostate cancer as paracrine and/or autocrine growth factors for the ..
- EN and GBX2 play essential roles downstream of FGF8 in patterning the mouse mid/hindbrain regionA Liu
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Developmental Genetics Program, Skirball Institute of Biomolecular Medicine, Department of Cell Biology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
Development 128:181-91. 2001b>Fgf8, which is expressed at the embryonic mid/hindbrain junction, is required for and sufficient to induce the formation of midbrain and cerebellar structures...
- Increasing Fgf4 expression in the mouse limb bud causes polysyndactyly and rescues the skeletal defects that result from loss of Fgf8 functionPengfei Lu
Department of Anatomy and Program in Developmental Biology, School of Medicinè University of California at San Francisco San Francisco, CA 94143 2711, USA
Development 133:33-42. 2006..Previous studies have suggested that of the four FGF genes specifically expressed in the mouse AER, Fgf8 is unique not only in its expression pattern, but also because it is the only such FGF gene that causes limb ..
- Fgf-dependent otic induction requires competence provided by Foxi1 and Dlx3bStefan Hans
Institute of Neuroscience, University of Oregon, Eugene, OR 97403, USA
BMC Dev Biol 7:5. 2007..that fibroblast growth factors (Fgfs) are required for otic induction; in zebrafish, loss of both Fgf3 and Fgf8 results in total ablation of otic tissue...
- Role of fibroblast growth factor 8 (FGF8) in animal models of osteoarthritisMasako Uchii
Pharmaceutical Research Center, Kyowa Hakko Kogyo Co, Ltd, Sunto, Shizuoka, Japan
Arthritis Res Ther 10:R90. 2008b>Fibroblast growth factor 8 (FGF8) is isolated as an androgen-induced growth factor, and has recently been shown to contribute to limb morphogenesis...
- FGF8 is required for cell survival at distinct stages of nephrogenesis and for regulation of gene expression in nascent nephronsUta Grieshammer
Department of Anatomy and Program in Developmental Biology, School of Medicine, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 2711, USA
Development 132:3847-57. 2005..Here, we have used an allelic series of mutations to determine the role of the secreted signaling molecule FGF8 in nephrogenesis...
- Expansion and characterization of ventral mesencephalic precursor cells: effect of mitogens and investigation of FA1 as a potential dopaminergic markerPia Jensen
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Institute of Medical Biology, University of Southern Denmark, Odense, Denmark
J Neurosci Res 85:1884-93. 2007..We investigated the potential use of fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) and fibroblast growth factor 8 (FGF8) for expansion of such dopaminergic precursor cells, and fetal antigen-1 (FA1), a secreted ..
- Fgf8b-containing spliceforms, but not Fgf8a, are essential for Fgf8 function during development of the midbrain and cerebellumQiuxia Guo
Department of Genetics and Developmental Biology, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, CT 06030, USA
Dev Biol 338:183-92. 2010The single Fgf8 gene in mice produces eight protein isoforms (Fgf8a-h) with different N-termini by alternative splicing...
- Cooperation between Otx1 and Otx2 genes in developmental patterning of rostral brainY Suda
Department of Morphogenesis, Institute of Molecular Embryology and Genetics, Kumamoto University School of Medicine, Japan
Mech Dev 69:125-41. 1997..expressed in isthmus exhibited a characteristic lateral stripe normally, although rostrally shifted, except that Fgf8 expression was expanded dorsally. The defects were apparent at the 6-somite stage, but not at the 3-somite stage...
- Prx1 and Prx2 in skeletogenesis: roles in the craniofacial region, inner ear and limbsD ten Berge
Hubrecht Laboratory, Netherlands Institute for Developmental Biology, Uppsalalaan 8, The Netherlands
Development 125:3831-42. 1998..A single, or no incisor was present in the lower jaw, and ectopic expression of Fgf8 and Pax9 was found medially in the mandibular arch...
- Normal limb development in conditional mutants of Fgf4A M Moon
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Human Genetics, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
Development 127:989-96. 2000..Furthermore, expression patterns of Shh, Bmp2, Fgf8 and Fgf10 were normal in the limb buds of the conditional mutants...
- Regionalization of the optic tectum: combinations of gene expression that define the tectumH Nakamura
Dept of Molecular Neurobiology, Institute of Development, Aging and Cancer, Tohoku University, Seiryo machi 4 1, Aoba ku, 980 8575, Sendai, Japan
Trends Neurosci 24:32-9. 2001..Mis-expression of Pax2, Pax5 or En can change the fate of the presumptive diencephalon to become the tectum. En, Fgf8, Pax2 and Pax5, exist in a positive feedback loop for their expression so that mis-expression of any of these genes ..
- Fgf signalling through MAPK cascade is required for development of the subpallial telencephalon in zebrafish embryosM Shinya
Division of Biological Science, Graduate School of Science, Nagoya University, Chikusa ku, Nagoya, 464 8602 Japan
Development 128:4153-64. 2001..Interestingly, a substantial amount of ERK activation is observed in ace mutants in which fgf8 gene is mutated...
- BMPR-IA signaling is required for the formation of the apical ectodermal ridge and dorsal-ventral patterning of the limbK Ahn
Department of Neuroscience, University of Pennsylvania Medical School, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Development 128:4449-61. 2001..Analyses of the expression of molecular markers, such as Fgf8, demonstrate that formation of the AER was disrupted in the Bmpr mutants...
- A genetic link between Tbx1 and fibroblast growth factor signalingFrancesca Vitelli
Department of Pediatrics Cardiology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston TX 77030, USA
Development 129:4605-11. 2002..We show that the expression patterns of Fgf8 and Fgf10, which partially overlap with Tbx1 expression pattern, are altered in Tbx1(-/-) mutants...
- Regulation of outgrowth and apoptosis for the terminal appendage: external genitalia development by concerted actions of BMP signaling [corrected]Kentaro Suzuki
Center for Animal Resources and Development, Graduate School of Medical and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kumamoto University, Honjo 2 2 1, Kumamoto 860 0811, Japan
Development 130:6209-20. 2003..It has been shown that the distal urethral epithelium (DUE), distal epithelia marked by the Fgf8 expression, may control the initial GT outgrowth...
- fgf8 mRNA decay establishes a gradient that couples axial elongation to patterning in the vertebrate embryoJulien Dubrulle
Stowers Institute for Medical Research, 1000 East 50th Street, 64110 Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Nature 427:419-22. 2004..Here we show that transcription of fgf8 messenger RNA is restricted to the growing posterior tip of the embryo...
- Sonic hedgehog signaling plays an essential role during embryonic salivary gland epithelial branching morphogenesisT Jaskoll
Laboratory for Developmental Genetics, USC, Los Angeles, California 90089 0641, USA
Dev Dyn 229:722-32. 2004..Exogenous FGF8 peptide supplementation in vitro rescues the abnormal SMG phenotype seen in cyclopamine-treated explants, ..
- Retinoic acid synthesis controlled by Raldh2 is required early for limb bud initiation and then later as a proximodistal signal during apical ectodermal ridge formationFelix A Mic
OncoDevelopmental Biology Program, Burnham Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Biol Chem 279:26698-706. 2004..In these RA-deficient forelimbs, a ZPA expressing Shh forms, but it is located distally adjacent to the Fgf8 expression domain in the AEM rather than posteriorly as is normal...
- Efficient induction of dopaminergic neurons from embryonic stem cells for application to Parkinson's diseaseDong Wook Kim
Department of Physiology, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Yonsei Med J 45:23-7. 2004..previously demonstrated that Nurr1-overexpressing ES cells, under treatment of signaling molecules such as SHH and FGF8 followed by treatment of ascorbic acid, can differentiate into DA neurons with a high efficiency (> 60% of TH+/..
- Zebrafish pax8 is required for otic placode induction and plays a redundant role with Pax2 genes in the maintenance of the otic placodeMelinda D Mackereth
Department of Biology, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Development 132:371-82. 2005..This phenotype was strongly enhanced by simultaneously disrupting either of the co-inducers fgf3 or fgf8, or another early regulator, dlx3b, which is thought to act in a parallel pathway...
- Patterning of the third pharyngeal pouch into thymus/parathyroid by Six and Eya1Dan Zou
McLaughlin Research Institute for Biomedical Sciences, Great Falls, MT 59405, USA
Dev Biol 293:499-512. 2006..Moreover, we show that the expression of Tbx1, Fgf8 and Wnt5b in the pouch endoderm was normal in Six1-/- embryos and slightly reduced in Six1-/-;Six4-/- double mutant,..
- FGF8 spliceforms mediate early mesoderm and posterior neural tissue formation in XenopusRussell B Fletcher
Division of Genetics, Genomics and Development, Center for Integrative Genomics, Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Development 133:1703-14. 2006..We present evidence that FGF8 performs a dual role in X. laevis and X. tropicalis early development...
- BMP signals control limb bud interdigital programmed cell death by regulating FGF signalingSangeeta Pajni-Underwood
Laboratory of Cancer and Developmental Biology National Institutes of Health, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
Development 134:2359-68. 2007..However, inactivation after limb bud initiation causes an upregulation of two AER-FGFs, Fgf4 and Fgf8, and a loss of interdigital PCD leading to webbed limbs...
- Isolation, genomic structure and developmental expression of Fgf8 in the short-tailed fruit bat, Carollia perspicillataChris J Cretekos
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Int J Dev Biol 51:333-8. 2007Fibroblast growth factor-8 (Fgf8) encodes a secreted protein which was initially identified as the factor responsible for androgen-dependant growth of mouse mammary carcinoma cells (Tanaka et al., 1992)...
- Cranial neural crest cells regulate head muscle patterning and differentiation during vertebrate embryogenesisAriel Rinon
Department of Biological Regulation, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot 76100, Israel
Development 134:3065-75. 2007..absence of CNC cells, accumulated myoblasts are kept in a proliferative state, presumably because of an increase of Fgf8 in adjacent tissues, which leads to abnormalities in both differentiation and subsequent myofiber organization in ..
- Cross-regulatory interactions between Fgf8 and Shh in the avian frontonasal prominenceArhat Abzhanov
Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Congenit Anom (Kyoto) 47:136-48. 2007..avian embryo contains an organizing center, defined by juxtaposition of the Sonic hedgehog (Shh) and Fibroblast growth factor 8 (Fgf8) expression domains...
- Gap junctions relay FGF8-mediated right-sided repression of Nodal in rabbitKerstin Feistel
University of Hohenheim, Institute of Zoology, Stuttgart, Germany
Dev Dyn 237:3516-27. 2008..Here, we show that GJs cooperate with fibroblast growth factor-8 (FGF8) to specify asymmetric Nodal in the rabbit embryo at gastrula/neurula...
- Lmx1a is required for segregation of sensory epithelia and normal ear histogenesis and morphogenesisDavid H Nichols
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Creighton University, Omaha, NE, USA
Cell Tissue Res 334:339-58. 2008..The dismorphic features of the cochlea are also reflected in altered gene expression patterns. Fgf8 expression expands from inner hair cells in the apex to most hair cells in the base...
- Lmx1b-controlled isthmic organizer is essential for development of midbrain dopaminergic neuronsChao Guo
Institute of Neuroscience, Key Laboratory of Neurobiology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 200031, China
J Neurosci 28:14097-106. 2008..The restored IsO activity was evidenced by apparently normal tectum and cerebellum and recurrence of expression of Fgf8 and Wnt1 at MHB in Wnt1(Lmx1b);Lmx1b(-/-)...
- FGF-dependent left-right asymmetry patterning in zebrafish is mediated by Ier2 and Fibp1Sung Kook Hong
Laboratory of Molecular Genetics, Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:2230-5. 2009..Cilia are also lost after suppression of FGF8, but can be rescued by injection of ier2 and fibp1 mRNA...
- LIM homeobox transcription factors integrate signaling events that control three-dimensional limb patterning and growthItai Tzchori
Section on Mammalian Molecular Genetics, Laboratory of Mammalian Genes and Development, Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Development 136:1375-85. 2009..Lmx1b is partially redundant, in controlling the production of output signals in mesenchymal cells in response to Fgf8 and Shh signaling...
- Molecular and toxicologic research in newborn hypospadiac male rats following in utero exposure to di-n-butyl phthalate (DBP)Ying Jian Zhu
Department of Urology, Shanghai First People s Hospital affiliated to Shanghai Jiaotong University, Shanghai, China
Toxicology 260:120-5. 2009..1), bone morphogenetic proteins signaling molecules (Bmp4 and Bmp7), fibroblast growth factor signaling molecules (Fgf8, Fgf10 and Fgfr2), and the transforming growth factor-beta superfamily signaling molecules (TGF-beta1 and TGF-beta ..
- Regulation and action of fibroblast growth factor 17 in bovine folliclesM F Machado
Departamento de Reprodução Animal, Faculdade de Medicina Veterinaria e Zootecnia, Universidade Estadual Paulista, Botucatu, Sao Paulo 18618 000, Brazil
J Endocrinol 202:347-53. 2009Fibroblast growth factor 17 (FGF17) is a member of the FGF8 subfamily that appears to be relevant to folliculogenesis and oogenesis, as the prototype member FGF8 is an oocyte-derived protein that signals to cumulus cells...
- Enhanced dopaminergic differentiation of human neural stem cells by synergistic effect of Bcl-xL and reduced oxygen tensionChristina Krabbe
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Institute of Medical Biology, University of Southern Denmark, Odense C, Denmark
J Neurochem 110:1908-20. 2009..We conclude that Bcl-x(L) and lowered oxygen tension act in concert to enhance dopaminergic differentiation and survival of human neural stem cells...
- The duration of Fgf8 isthmic organizer expression is key to patterning different tectal-isthmo-cerebellum structuresTatsuya Sato
Developmental Biology Program, Sloan Kettering Institute, 1275 York Avenue, Box 511, New York, NY 10021, USA
Development 136:3617-26. 2009The isthmic organizer and its key effector molecule, fibroblast growth factor 8 (Fgf8), have been cornerstones in studies of how organizing centers differentially pattern tissues...
- BMP-mediated inhibition of FGF signaling promotes cardiomyocyte differentiation of anterior heart field progenitorsLibbat Tirosh-Finkel
Department of Biological Regulation, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot 76100, Israel
Development 137:2989-3000. 2010..Hence, BMP and FGF signaling pathways act via inter- and intra-regulatory loops in multiple tissues, to coordinate the balance between proliferation and differentiation of cardiac progenitors...
- Abnormal hypothalamic oxytocin system in fibroblast growth factor 8-deficient miceLeah R Brooks
Department of Integrative Physiology and the Center for Neuroscience, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO 80309 0354, USA
Endocrine 38:174-80. 2010..In this study, we examined if fibroblast growth factor 8 (FGF8), a signaling molecule critical for forebrain development, is essential for the proper formation ..
- Suppressor of fused controls mid-hindbrain patterning and cerebellar morphogenesis via GLI3 repressorJinny J Kim
Program in Developmental and Stem Cell Biology, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario M5G 1X8, Canada
J Neurosci 31:1825-36. 2011..SuFu conditional knock-out embryos display abnormal mid-hindbrain morphology associated with misexpression of Fgf8, and delayed differentiation and abnormal migration of major cerebellar cell types...
- Temporally controlled modulation of FGF/ERK signaling directs midbrain dopaminergic neural progenitor fate in mouse and human pluripotent stem cellsInes Jaeger
Stem Cell Neurogenesis, MRC Clinical Sciences Centre, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College, London W12 0NN, UK
Development 138:4363-74. 2011..Following a period of endogenous FGF signaling, subsequent enhancement of FGF signaling by Fgf8, in combination with Shh, promotes mDA neurogenesis and restricts alternative fates...
- Smad1/Smad5 signaling in limb ectoderm functions redundantly and is required for interdigital programmed cell deathYuk Lau Wong
School of Life Sciences, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, PR China
Dev Biol 363:247-57. 2012..At the molecular level, Fgf8 expression was prolonged in the interdigital ectoderm of embryonic day (E) 13 Smad1/Smad5 double mutants, ..
- Conditions that influence the response to Fgf during otic placode inductionMahesh S Padanad
Biology Department, Texas A and M University, College Station, TX 77843 3258, USA
Dev Biol 364:1-10. 2012..Using heat shock-inducible transgenes to misexpress Fgf3 or Fgf8 in zebrafish, we found that the stage, distribution and level of misexpression strongly influence the response to ..
- The ciliogenic transcription factor RFX3 regulates early midline distribution of guidepost neurons required for corpus callosum developmentCarine Benadiba
Departement de Biologie Cellulaire et de Morphologie, University of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
PLoS Genet 8:e1002606. 2012..We observe focused but consistent ectopic expression of Fibroblast growth factor 8 (Fgf8) at the rostro commissural plate associated with a reduced ratio of GLIoma-associated oncogene ..
- MASTR: a technique for mosaic mutant analysis with spatial and temporal control of recombination using conditional floxed alleles in miceZhimin Lao
Developmental Biology Department, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, NY 10065, USA
Cell Rep 2:386-96. 2012..The fate of single cells lacking FGF8 or SHH signaling in the developing hindbrain was analyzed using MASTR, and it was revealed that there is only a ..
- Delineating a conserved genetic cassette promoting outgrowth of body appendagesCongxing Lin
Division of Dermatology, Department of Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, USA
PLoS Genet 9:e1003231. 2013..We demonstrate that the FGF ligand responsible for GT development is FGF8 expressed in the cloacal endoderm...
- Fgf22 regulated by Fgf3/Fgf8 signaling is required for zebrafish midbrain developmentAyumi Miyake
Department of Genetic Biochemistry, Kyoto University Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Sakyo, Kyoto 606 8501, Japan
Biol Open 2:515-24. 2013..The fgf3/fgf8 double morphant phenotype was essentially similar to that of fgf22 morphants, whereas the phenotype caused by ..
- Role of fibroblast growth factor 8 in neurite outgrowth from spiral ganglion neurons in vitroSofía García-Hernández
Department of Neuroscience, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, Connecticut 06030, USA
Brain Res 1529:39-45. 2013..factors and neurotrophins delay degeneration and promote regrowth of neural processes, the role of fibroblast growth factor 8 (FGF8) in mammalian spiral ganglion neurons (SGN) neurite outgrowth has not been examined...
- Shp2-dependent ERK signaling is essential for induction of Bergmann glia and foliation of the cerebellumKairong Li
Department of Genetics and Developmental Biology, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, Connecticut 06030 6403 and Department of Orthopedics, Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island 0912
J Neurosci 34:922-31. 2014..Furthermore, we demonstrate that Ptpn11 interacts with Fgf8 and is essential for ERK activation in RG and nascent BG...
- The cortical hem regulates the size and patterning of neocortexGiuliana Caronia-Brown
Department of Neurobiology, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Development 141:2855-65. 2014..shift occurs when fibroblast growth factor (FGF) 8 is increased at the rostral telencephalic organizer, yet the FGF8 source was unchanged in hem-ablated brains...
- Novel interstitial deletion of 10q24.3-25.1 associated with multiple congenital anomalies including lobar holoprosencephaly, cleft lip and palate, and hypoplastic kidneysIskra T Peltekova
Department of Developmental Pediatrics, Montreal Children s Hospital, Montreal, Quebec
Am J Med Genet A 164:3132-6. 2014..An analysis of the region deleted in our patient showed numerous genes, such as KAZALD1, PAX2, SEMA4G, ACTRA1, INA, and FGF8, whose putative functions may have played a role in the phenotype seen in our patient.
- A comparative examination of odontogenic gene expression in both toothed and toothless amniotesAlexis J Lainoff
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, California
J Exp Zool B Mol Dev Evol 324:255-69. 2015A well-known tenet of murine tooth development is that BMP4 and FGF8 antagonistically initiate odontogenesis, but whether this tenet is conserved across amniotes is largely unexplored...
- FORMING AND PATTERNING THE VERTEBRATE INNER EARGARY SCHOENWOLF; Fiscal Year: 2009..Second, we will determine the roles of Fgf4 and Fgf8 in formation of the rudiments of the inner ear...
- Moosa Mohammadi; Fiscal Year: 2016..The paracrine FGF1, FGF4, FGF7, FGF8, and FGF9 subfamilies play essential roles in spermatogenesis, mesoderm induction, somitogenesis, organogenesis, ..
- Elizabeth Ann Grove; Fiscal Year: 2016..Strikingly, ectopic FGF8 in the NP can induce duplicate areas, and even complex maps...
- DEVELOPMENT OF MAMMALIAN OOCYTE-GRANULOSA CELL COMPLEXJohn J Eppig; Fiscal Year: 2012..paracrine factors bone morphogenetic protein 15 (BMP15), growth differentiation factor 9 (GDF9), and fibroblast growth factor 8 (FGF8) are positive regulators of the rate of follicular development and that oocyte-derived bone ..
- Novel Tools for Detecting FGF8 for Developmental Biology ResearchAnne M Moon; Fiscal Year: 2012DESCRIPTION (Provided by Applicant): Fibroblast growth factor 8 (FGF8) is a signaling protein with critical functions during normal embryogenesis and tissue homeostasis;abnormal FGF signaling causes human birth defects and dysregulated ..
- Developing Neuroendocrine Brain, Androgen, and Fibroblast Growth Factor SignalingWILSON CHUNG; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies examine how testosterone regulates FGF8/FGF receptor expression in the embryo brain, and investigate the consequences of FGF8 deficiency on brain ..
- The role of FGF8 during cardiovascular developmentAnne M Moon; Fiscal Year: 2013..We have discovered that Fibroblast Growth Factor 8 (Fgf8) operates high in a signaling cascade that regulates SHF behavior and the identity of outflow ..
- Elizabeth Ann Grove; Fiscal Year: 2014..In utero microelectroporation (IUME) will be used in live ferret embryos to manipulate levels of FGF8 at the RPC, and to introduce new sources of FGF8 in the CP...
- Developing Neuroendocrine Brain, Androgen, and Fibroblast Growth Factor SignalingWILSON CHUNG; Fiscal Year: 2013..These studies examine how testosterone regulates FGF8/FGF receptor expression in the embryonic brain, and investigate the consequences of FGFS deficiency on ..
- Fibulin-1 Regulation of the DiGeorge Syndrome Pathogenesis PathwayWILLIAM SCOTT ARGRAVES; Fiscal Year: 2012..The molecular pathway of DGS has not been fully elucidated. Key components are the transcription factor Tbx1, Fgf8 and intermediates of the Fgf8 signaling pathway...
- GREGG L DUESTER; Fiscal Year: 2015..but some studies suggest that RA controls body axis extension and somitogenesis through RA-mediated repression of Fgf8 and Wnt8a, and that RA acts in newly generated posterior neuroectoderm or the node rather than presomitic mesoderm...
- REBECCA MICHELLE GREEN; Fiscal Year: 2014..Further, the loss of a single fgf8 allele in these mice is able to partially rescue the bilateral CL/P seen in the AP-2[unreadable] hypomorphic mice ..
- Developmental Genetics of the Pharyngeal ApparatusBernice E Morrow; Fiscal Year: 2010..Recently, Crkl, another gene deleted on 22q11.2, was shown to mediate Fgf8 signaling downstream of Tbx1...
- Conotruncal defects: genetic and nutritional riskEDWARD JAMES LAMMER; Fiscal Year: 2010..of the anterior heart field of the early embryo (NKX2-5, GATA4, GATA5, GATA6, ZFPM2, FOXH1, MEF2C, ISL1 and FGF8)...
- Chinmay M Trivedi; Fiscal Year: 2016..In Aim 2, we will elucidate opposing roles of Fgf8 and Bmp4 signaling on Hdac3 function...
- Israt Jahan; Fiscal Year: 2015..mediated R26-YFP reporter with the expression of Delta-Notch effectors (Hes1, Hes5, Hey2) and diffusible molecules (Fgf8, Fgf10, Fgf20, BMP4)...
- Global Gene Expression Atlas of Craniofacial Development (Research Project)S Steven Potter; Fiscal Year: 2013..Specific Aim 2, more limited in scope, is to make Sp8-GFP-Cre and Fgf8-GFP-Cre transgenic mouse tools, which will serve a dual purpose, to allow identification of additional discrete ..
- JOSHUA WAXMAN; Fiscal Year: 2016..We will also determine the genetic relationship of FGF8 and Coup-tf1a in restricting ventricular cell specification...
- Molecular mechanisms and epigenetic signatures that specify thymus fateEllen R Richie; Fiscal Year: 2013..Previous work from our labs and others have implicated BMP2/4 and FGF8/10 signals in establishing thymus fate, while SHH signaling is required for parathyroid fate...
- Role of endocytosis by the neural crest in cardio-craniofacial developmentANNA LUISE KEYTE; Fiscal Year: 2013..of the outflow with the caudal aortic arch arteries, neural crest ablated (NCA) embryos show an excess of FGF8 signaling in the pharynx, and treatment with FGF8b blocking antibody or an FGF receptor blocker rescues arterial ..
- Neural Crest Modulates FGF Signaling in the PharynxMargaret Loewy Kirby; Fiscal Year: 2010..this laboratory: 1) FGF target genes are elevated after neural crest ablation;2) Fgf8b, the most active isoform of FGF8 is elevated;3) a reporter cell line for FGF registers elevated FGF8b signaling in the ventral pharynx;and 4) ..
- Role of Ectodermal Signals in Facial Prominence Outgrowth and DevelopmentTrevor J Williams; Fiscal Year: 2013..Preliminary data obtained using conditional alleles of Fgf8, Ctnnb1 ([unreadable]-catenin), and Shh with Crect have shown the importance of the expression of these signaling ..
- Craniofacial Development: The Role of the EndotheliumKristin Melton; Fiscal Year: 2007..and differentiation, and will identify extrinsic regulators of endothelial development, focusing on the effects of FGF8 and SHH...
- The role of FGF signaling in neuroendocrine control of reproductionNelly Pitteloud; Fiscal Year: 2012..The coordinate spatial and temporal expression of several genes within the FGF signaling pathway -FGF8 syn- expression group- suggests an evolutionarily conserved genetic network, including inhibitors and enhancers of ..
- GENETIC CONTROL OF MID-HIND BRAIN PATTERNINGAlexandra Joyner; Fiscal Year: 1999..and metencephalon (mes/met) require Wnt1 and En, that the isthmus acts as an organizer for the region with Fgf8 being its likely inducing factor, and that Gbx2 may act later in cerebellum development...
- Lineage & Development of the Midbrain & HindbrainMark Zervas; Fiscal Year: 2005..During early development the mes, which expresses Otx2 and Wnt1, and the met, which expresses Gbx2 and Fgf8, are juxtaposed at a well-defined constriction along the anteroposterior axis defined as the isthmus...
- Identification of Novel Loci Interacting with the Kallmann Syndrome Gene Kal-1CARLOS ANTONIO DIAZ-BALZAC; Fiscal Year: 2013..To date, five genes associated with KS have been identified, namely, KAL1, FGFR1, FGF8, PROKR2, and PROK2;though these only account for approximately 30% of all KS cases...
- GENETIC BASIS OF MESENCEPHALIC/METENCEPHALIC PATTERNINGDaniel Kessler; Fiscal Year: 2004..Pattern formation throughout the MMR is directed by the coordinated activity of the glycoproteins Wntl and Fgf8, which are secreted by cells within the isthmic organizer (IsO)...
- The Role of IRF6 During Craniofacial DevelopmentSteven L Goudy; Fiscal Year: 2012..Mice deficient for either FgflO or Tbx1 have cleft palate and oral adhesions. Mutations in Tbx,1, FgflO, and Fgf8 in humans cause cleft lip and palate...
- Prenatal LPS-induced changes in gene expressionPaul Carvey; Fiscal Year: 2005..Since Nurr-1, sonic hedgehog, Ptx-3, fibroblast growth factor-8 (FGF8) and glial cell line derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) are transcriptional and neurotrophic factors, respectively, ..
- Role of Ectodermal Signals in Limb Bud Outgrowth and DevelopmentTrevor J Williams; Fiscal Year: 2010..canonical Wnt signaling in the early mouse embryonic ectoderm via the stabilization of -catenin greatly upregulates Fgf8 expression...
- Investigating FGF/sFRP interactions during forebrain evolution and developmentARIEL MATTHEW PANI; Fiscal Year: 2012..embryos to further investigate the evolutionary origins of the anterior neural ridge and ancestral roles of fgf8/17/18, sfrp1/5, and apical ectoderm in anterior patterning...
- Plasticity and Regulation in Xenopus Anterior-Posterior PatterningMargaret S Saha; Fiscal Year: 2013..pathway (FoxD5, Geminin, Sox2);and genes encoding key anterior-posterior signaling molecules (Frzb-1, xWnt8, and FGF8)...
- EXTERNAL GENITALIA DEVELOPMENT AND HYPOSPADIASLiang Ma; Fiscal Year: 2013..In aim I, we will test the hypothesis that Fgf8 is a direct target of Wnt signaling during GT development by attempting to rescue GT defects in Wnt mutants with ..
- C Geoffrey Burns; Fiscal Year: 2014..TGF[unreadable] signaling is required for SHF development, and that LTBP3 function is genetically downstream of fgf8, an archetypal SHF gene in higher vertebrates...
- Notch signaling in cardiovascular morphogenesisJonathan A Epstein; Fiscal Year: 2013..A signaling cascade involving Jagged1, Notch, Fgf8, Bmp4 and MRTF-B will be examined...
- Mario R Capecchi; Fiscal Year: 2014..With respect to Fgfs, our emphasis will be placed on the roles of Fgf4 and Fgf8 in maintaining the proximodistal outgrowth of the limb...
- Genetic Mechanisms of Vertebrate Caudal Limb Field SpecificationJEFFREY INNIS; Fiscal Year: 2007..data has excluded much of the genome including, but not limited to, the chromosomal regions of Pitxl, Tbx4, Tbx5, Fgf8, and Fgf10, genes known to be involved in early limb bud outgrowth, as well as the Disorganization locus and ..
- Development of Avian Extraocular Muscles and NervesDrew Noden; Fiscal Year: 2007..g., fgf8) act upon adjacent paraxial mesoderm cells...
- CONDITIONAL MUTAGENESIS OF FIBROBLAST GROWTH FACTORSAnne Moon; Fiscal Year: 2002..The goal of the proposed project is to determine the roles of FGF4 and FGF8 during early limb development...
- POTENTIAL MSXL DOWNSTREAM GENES IN TOOTH DEVELOPMENTMarianna Bei; Fiscal Year: 2000..I have recently shown that epithelial FGFs like FGF8 can induce Fgf3 expression in dental mesenchyme and that this induction requires Msx1...
- Development of the Vertebrate Primary MouthHazel Sive; Fiscal Year: 2007..Two genes that came out of this analysis are fgf8 and the Wnt pathway inhibitor, frzb1, and preliminary data indicates that both are essential for primary mouth ..
- GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT OF THE MANDIBULAR ARCHMina Mina; Fiscal Year: 2004..least two independent functional regions: two large lateral (proximal) regions where morphogenesis is dependent on FGF8 signaling, and a small medial region where morphogenesis is independent of FGF8 and dependent on other signals...
- Molecular Cytogenetics of Congenital Heart MalformationAntonio Baldini; Fiscal Year: 2007..testing the ability of FGF activity to rescue the Tbx1 mutant phenotype b) disrupting T-box binding sites from the Fgf8 and Fgf10 genes, and c) testing the ability of Tbx1 to activate Fgf genes ectopically...
- MECHANISMS OF ANGIOGENESIS IN THE FETUS AND NEWBORNPeter Milner; Fiscal Year: 1992....
- RIEGER GENE FUNCTION IN TOOTH DEVELOPMENTJames Martin; Fiscal Year: 2004..Moreover, we found that pitx2 null mutant oral ectoderm failed to express fgf8 and had expanded expression of Bmp4, suggesting that pitx2 has a role in regulating these signaling pathways...
- MORPHOGENESIS OF CRANIOFACIAL PRIMORDIAJill Helms; Fiscal Year: 2007..Two candidate-organizing signals are Fibroblast growth factor 8 (Fgf8) and Sonic hedgehog (Shh)...
- Fgf8 Function in Midbrain/r1 Borders and PatterningAlexandra Joyner; Fiscal Year: 2009..central nervous system, since a centrally located organizing center (isthmus) that expresses the secreted factor Fgf8 patterns the anterior/posterior axes of the midbrain and anterior hindbrain that gives rise to the cerebellum...
- FGF8 AND LEFT RIGHT AXIS AND CARDIAC DEVELOPMENTErik Meyers; Fiscal Year: 2002..Recently in mice, the investigators have generated a series of mutations at the Fgf8 gene locus utilizing transgenic cre and Flp recombinase technology...
- FGFS INVOLVED IN CEREBELLAR DEVELOPMENTDavid Ornitz; Fiscal Year: 2003..We have recently identified two novel murine Fgfs, called Fgf17 and Fgf18. These two Fgfs are closely related to Fgf8 and Fgf8 are expressed at the midbrain-hindbrain function, although later in development...
- The role of Gbx2 in mammalian cardiovascular developmentNoah Byrd; Fiscal Year: 2004..Recent evidence generated by our lab and others demonstrates an important role for Fgf8 in cardiovascular patterning...
- Specific role of FGF8 and FGF17 in cortical patterningJennifer Wilcoxon; Fiscal Year: 2007unreadable] DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Altering FGF8/17 signaling in the embryonic cortex causes a rearrangement of the cortical area map...
- Analysis of Fgf17 roles and regulation in mammalian forebrain developmentRENEE VICTORIA HOCH; Fiscal Year: 2010..Specific Aim 2 uses Cre-mediated lineage tracing to fate map Fgf8- versus Fgf17-expressing RFSC cells, and to determine whether Fgf17 is required for the development of these ..
- THE SECONDARY HEART FIELD IN OUTFLOW TRACT REMODELINGDIEGO PORRAS INGOUVILLE; Fiscal Year: 2006..the fate of labeled cells that originate in the secondary heart field in a mouse model in which there is loss of Fgf8 activity in the secondary heart field...
- Genetics Analysis of FGF Function in the MouseGail Martin; Fiscal Year: 2005..There is substantial evidence from previous genetic studies that one member of the FGF family, FGF8, is essential at multiple stages of embryogenesis...
- Neural Stem Cells in the OtocystEri Hashino; Fiscal Year: 2003..For Aim #1, primary otocyst cell cultures will be established and the neurogenetic effects of FGF2, FGF8, FGF10, TGFb2, BMP4, Noggin or retinoic acid, alone or in combination, on dissociated otocyst cells will be tested ..
- PATTERN REGULATION IN THE VERTEBRATE CNSAndrew McMahon; Fiscal Year: 2002..signaling, and to examine the possible later roles of Wnt-1 in the ventral midbrain; (2) to address the action of FGF8, an anterior hindbrain derived signal in reciprocal interactions with the midbrain; and (3) since the restricted ..
- Eda/Edar Regulation of Embryonic SMG DevelopmentTina Jaskoll; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- LIM-HD Transcription Factors in Forebrain PatterningDENNIS O LEARY; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Role of FGF Receptors in the Developing KidneyCarlton Bates; Fiscal Year: 2009..Finally, complementary in vitro and in vitro assays will be performed to determine the FGFR downstream signaling pathways relevant to kidney development. ..
- Role of Gbx2 and Otx2 in the mes-met organizer functionJames Li; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Transgenic Zebrafish as Models for Tooth MorphogenesisWilliam Jackman; Fiscal Year: 2005..These studies will reveal cell behavior during normal and experimentally perturbed tooth morphogenesis at a level of detail never before described. ..
- Body Plan Formation in Early Mouse EmbryoYusuke Marikawa; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- GENETIC ANALYSIS OF THE NOTCH SIGNALING PATHWAYThomas Gridley; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies will further our understanding of the roles of the Notch signaling pathway in mammalian development, and will be applicable to the study of both normal development and birth defects in humans. ..
- Modifiers of a Mouse Model of Alagille SyndromeThomas Gridley; Fiscal Year: 2008..These studies will enable us to create more representative mouse models of Alagille syndrome, and should provide insight into the variable phenotypic expression observed in Alagille syndrome patients. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Regulation of cardiac chamber morphogenesis in zebrafishDeborah Yelon; Fiscal Year: 2008..Together, these studies will reveal essential regulatory mechanisms of cardiogenesis and also enrich our understanding of general paradigms for organ formation. ..