Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: FGF13
Description: fibroblast growth factor 13
Alias: FGF-13, FGF2, FHF-2, FHF2, fibroblast growth factor 13, fibroblast growth factor homologous factor 2
Publications260 found, 100 shown here
- Expression of chicken fibroblast growth factor homologous factor (FHF)-1 and of differentially spliced isoforms of FHF-2 during development and involvement of FHF-2 in chicken limb developmentI Munoz-Sanjuan
Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Department of Anatomy, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
Development 126:409-21. 1999..Finally, we show that a secreted version of cFHF-2 activates the expression of HoxD13, HoxD11, Fgf-4 and BMP-2 ectopically, consistent with cFHF-2 playing a role in anterior-posterior patterning of the limb...
- Isoform diversity among fibroblast growth factor homologous factors is generated by alternative promoter usage and differential splicingI Munoz-Sanjuan
Department of Molecular Biology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
J Biol Chem 275:2589-97. 2000....
- Fibroblast growth factor homologous factors and the islet brain-2 scaffold protein regulate activation of a stress-activated protein kinaseJon Schoorlemmer
Department of Molecular, Cell and Developmental Biology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, 1 Gustave Levy Place, New York, NY 10029, USA
J Biol Chem 277:49111-9. 2002..Binding of p38delta to IB2 is mediated by the carboxyl-terminal half of the scaffold (IB2(Delta1-436)). FHF2 also binds weakly to IB2(Delta1-436) and can thereby increase p38delta interaction with IB2(Delta1-436)...
- Fibroblast growth factor homologous factor 2B: association with Nav1.6 and selective colocalization at nodes of Ranvier of dorsal root axonsEllen K Wittmack
Department of Pharmacology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06510, USA
J Neurosci 24:6765-75. 2004..b>FHF2 is abundantly expressed in the hippocampus and DRG neurons and colocalizes with Na(v)1...
- Radioprotection of hematopoietic tissue by fibroblast growth factors in fractionated radiation experimentsI Ding
Radiation Oncology Branch, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892-1002, USA
Acta Oncol 36:337-40. 1997..FGF(1/2) dose was 3 microg per i.v. injection given 24 and 4 hrs before the first radiation dose. FGF2 treated mice had a significant survival advantage over saline-treated mice with a DMF of 1.22 +/- 0.07 (p < 0...
- Fibroblast growth factor (FGF)-1, FGF2, FGF7 and FGF receptors are uniformly expressed in trophoblast giant cells during restricted trophoblast invasion in cowsC Pfarrer
Institute for Veterinary Anatomy, Histology and Embryology, Justus Liebig University, D 35392 Giessen, Germany
Placenta 27:758-70. 2006..b>FGF2 signals dominated in maternal vascular endothelia (VE), immature TGC, and MTC, whereas staining in other cell types ..
- Evaluation of the transfection property of a peptide ligand for the fibroblast growth factor receptor as part of PEGylated polyethylenimine polyplexGururaj A Rao
Department of Pharmaceutics, University of Florida, Gainesville, U S A
J Drug Target 16:79-89. 2008..The 7-mer peptide (MQLPLAT), targeted toward the fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) receptor, was recently identified using a phage-display library method as possessing a high degree of specificity ..
- Activation of multiple signaling pathways is critical for fibroblast growth factor 2- and vascular endothelial growth factor-stimulated ovine fetoplacental endothelial cell proliferationJing Zheng
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Wisconsin Madison, Perinatal Research Laboratories, PAB1 Meriter Hospital, Madison, WI 53715, USA
Biol Reprod 78:143-50. 2008Fibroblast growth factor-2 (FGF2) and vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) are two key regulators of placental angiogenesis...
- Hypoxia enhances FGF2- and VEGF-stimulated human placental artery endothelial cell proliferation: roles of MEK1/2/ERK1/2 and PI3K/AKT1 pathwaysK Wang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Perinatal Research Laboratories, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53715, USA
Placenta 30:1045-51. 2009..In this study, we examined if hypoxia affected fibroblast growth factor-2 (FGF2)- and vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF)-stimulated cell proliferation via the mitogen-activated protein ..
- FGF2 transcript levels are positively correlated with EGF and IGF-1 in the malignant endometriumGiannoula Soufla
Department of Virology, Medical School, University of Crete, PO Box 1527, Heraklion 71003, Crete, Greece
Cancer Lett 259:146-55. 2008..Fibroblast growth factor-2 (FGF2) is also mitogenic for various cell types and is associated with regulation of tumor angiogenesis and metastasis...
- Absence of fibroblast growth factor 2 promotes oligodendroglial repopulation of demyelinated white matterRegina C Armstrong
Department of Anatomy, Physiology, and Genetics at the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, Maryland 20814 4799, USA
J Neurosci 22:8574-85. 2002This study takes advantage of fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) knock-out mice to determine the contribution of FGF2 to the regeneration of oligodendrocytes in the adult CNS...
- FGFs-1 and -2, and TGF beta 1 as inductive signals modulating in vitro odontoblast differentiationF J Unda
Departamento de Biologia Celular y Ciencias Morfologicas Facultad de Medicina y Odontologia, Universidad Pais Vasco Euskal Herriko Unibertsitatea, Leioa 48940, Vizcaya, Spain
Adv Dent Res 15:34-7. 2001We have studied the expression of FGF1 and FGF2 during mouse odontogenesis by immunohistochemistry. FGF1 was detected in differentiated odontoblasts and at the secretory pole of ameloblasts...
- Protein phosphatase 3 differentially modulates vascular endothelial growth factor- and fibroblast growth factor 2-stimulated cell proliferation and signaling in ovine fetoplacental artery endothelial cellsKai Wang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53715, USA
Biol Reprod 79:704-10. 2008A critical process for vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF)- and fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2)-regulated cellular function is reversible protein phosphorylation, which is tightly controlled by a balance of protein kinases and ..
- Fibroblast growth factor-2 mRNA expression in the brainstem and spinal cord of normal and chronic spinally transected urodelesMarie Moftah
INSERM U 862, Neurocentre Magendie, Pathophysiology of Spinal Networks, Bordeaux, France
J Neurosci Res 86:3348-58. 2008..the molecular basis of spinal cord regeneration in urodeles, but it is believed that fibroblast growth factor-2 (FGF2) may play an important role by inducing proliferation of neural progenitor cells...
- Myocardial functional recovery after fibroblast growth factor 2 gene therapy as assessed by echocardiography and magnetic resonance imagingKeith A Horvath
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 74:481-6; discussion 487. 2002..of this study was to investigate whether an experimental link could be made between the ability of a novel fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) gene formulation to promote neovascularization, and its ability to restore myocardial function.
- Platelet factor 4 inhibits FGF2-induced endothelial cell proliferation via the extracellular signal-regulated kinase pathway but not by the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase pathwayEric Sulpice
Institut des Vaisseaux et du Sang IVS, Centre de Recherche de l association Claude Bernard, Hopital Lariboisiere, 8 rue Guy Patin, 75475 Paris Cedex 10, France
Blood 100:3087-94. 2002..the effects of PF-4 on the intracellular signal transduction induced by basic fibroblast growth factor (FGF2)...
- In vivo involvement of heparan sulfate proteoglycan in the bioavailability, internalization, and catabolism of exogenous basic fibroblast growth factorS Colin
Service de Biochimie et Génétique Moléculaire, CEA Saclay, F 91191 Gif sur Yvette Cedex, France
Mol Pharmacol 55:74-82. 1999The in vivo bioavailability of exogenous fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) was studied after i.v. injection of uniformly 14C-labeled FGF2 into young rats. 14C-FGF2 was rapidly accumulated in almost all solid organs within 5 min...
- Distribution of cells expressing Jun and Fos proteins and synthesizing DNA in the adrenal cortex of hypophysectomized rats: regulation by ACTH and FGF2Thompson Eusebio Pavan Torres
Department of Anatomy, Institute of Biomedical Sciences, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo 05508 900, SP, Brazil
Cell Tissue Res 329:443-55. 2007..The effects of adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH) and fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) on Fos and Jun protein expression were investigated, and DNA synthesis was assessed by using bromodeoxyuridine (..
- Uptake of adenoviral vectors via fibroblast growth factor receptors involves intracellular pathways that differ from the targeting ligandD K Hoganson
Selective Genetics, Inc, 11035 Roselle Street, San Diego, California 92121, USA
Mol Ther 3:105-12. 2001..delivery of adenoviral gene therapy vectors has been achieved by introducing basic fibroblast growth factor (FGF2) onto viral capsids...
- FGF2 plays a key role in embryonic cerebrospinal fluid trophic properties over chick embryo neuroepithelial stem cellsC Martin
Departamento de Anatomía y Radiología, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Valladolid, C Ramón y Cajal 7, 47005 Valladolid, Spain
Dev Biol 297:402-16. 2006..Fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) has been involved in the regulation of these processes, and although it has been suggested that they work in an ..
- Focal adhesion kinase (FAK) expression and activation during lens developmentMaria I Kokkinos
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Australia
Mol Vis 13:418-30. 2007..of FAK expression and tyrosine phosphorylation (Y397) in the developing lens and investigated its regulation by FGF2. We also examined FAK expression and activation during disrupted fiber differentiation in mice expressing a ..
- Action of fibroblast growth factor-2 on the intervertebral discXin Li
Department of Biochemistry, Rush University Medical Center, Cohn Research BD 516, 1735 W, Harrison, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Arthritis Res Ther 10:R48. 2008Fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) is a growth factor that is immediately released after cartilage injury and plays a pivotal role in cartilage homeostasis...
- Ets domain transcription factor PE1 suppresses human interstitial collagenase promoter activity by antagonizing protein-DNA interactions at a critical AP1 elementM Bidder
Department of Molecular Biology and Pharmacology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Biochemistry 39:8917-28. 2000..via protein-DNA interactions at the Ets cognate, and minimally two mechanisms convey MMP1 promoter upregulation by FGF2: (a) transcriptional activation via Fra1/c-Jun containing DNA-protein interactions at the AP1 cognate and (b) ..
- Role of hypoxia and extracellular matrix-integrin binding in the modulation of angiogenic growth factors secretion by retinal pigmented epithelial cellsS A Mousa
DuPont Pharmaceuticals Company, Wilmington, Delaware 19880 0400, USA
J Cell Biochem 74:135-43. 1999..of soluble vitronectin, or fibrinogen to RPE cell cultures resulted in a small to moderate increase in VEGF and FGF2 in the media, while each of these growth factors was dramatically increased after addition of thrombospondin 1 (..
- Prognostic impact of fibroblast growth factor 2 in non-small cell lung cancer: coexpression with VEGFR-3 and PDGF-B predicts poor survivalTom Donnem
Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Tromso, Norway
J Thorac Oncol 4:578-85. 2009Fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2; basic fibroblast growth factor, b-FGF) and its main receptor FGFR-1 are important in both hemangiogenesis and lymphangiogenesis...
- Endogenous FGF-2 is critically important in PTH anabolic effects on boneMaria Giovanna Sabbieti
Department of Comparative Morphology and Biochemistry, University of Camerino, Camerino MC, Italy
J Cell Physiol 219:143-51. 2009..and fibroblast growth factor-2 (FGF-2) expression in osteoblasts and the anabolic response to PTH is reduced in Fgf2-/- mice...
- Establishment of a functional ovine fetoplacental artery endothelial cell line with a prolonged life spanYang Song
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Perinatal Research Laboratories, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53715, USA
Biol Reprod 76:29-35. 2007..These OFPAE cells produce nitric oxide (NO), proliferate, and migrate in response to fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) and vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF)...
- Compensation by fibroblast growth factor 1 (FGF1) does not account for the mild phenotypic defects observed in FGF2 null miceD L Miller
Department of Microbiology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York 10016, USA
Mol Cell Biol 20:2260-8. 2000Fibroblast growth factor 1 (FGF1) and FGF2, the prototypic members of the FGF family of growth factors, have been implicated in a variety of physiological and pathological processes...
- Dissection of the odontoblast differentiation process in vitro by a combination of FGF1, FGF2, and TGFbeta1F J Unda
Departamento de Biologia Celular y Ciencias Morfologicas, Facultad de Medicina y Odontologia, Universidad Pais Vasco Euskal Herriko Unibertsitatea, Leioa, Vizcaya, Spain
Dev Dyn 218:480-9. 2000..of 17-day-old mouse embryos were cultured in the presence of combinations of the following growth factors: FGF1, FGF2, and TGFbeta1...
- Site-specific interactions of neurotrophin-3 and fibroblast growth factor (FGF2) in the embryonic development of the mouse cochlear nucleusWaheeda A Hossain
Department of Neuroscience, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, 06030, USA
J Neurobiol 66:897-915. 2006Neurotrophins and FGF2 contribute to formation of the cochlea, but their roles in cochlear nucleus development are unknown...
- The protein kinase C pathway mediates cardioprotection induced by cardiac-specific overexpression of fibroblast growth factor-2Stacey L House
Department of Pharmacology and Cell Biophysics, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, 231 Albert Sabin Way, ML 0575, Cincinnati, OH 45267, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 293:H354-65. 2007..Our laboratory has previously shown that cardiac-specific overexpression of fibroblast growth factor-2 (FGF2) results in increased recovery of contractile function and decreased infarct size following ischemia-reperfusion ..
- Relative role of upstream regulators of Akt, ERK and CREB in NCAM- and FGF2-mediated signallingDorte Kornerup Ditlevsen
Protein Laboratory, Department of Neuroscience and Pharmacology, University of Copenhagen, Panum Institute, Building 6 2, Blegdamsvej 3, DK 2200 Copenhagen, Denmark
Neurochem Int 53:137-47. 2008..For comparison, we also evaluated the role of upstream signalling cascades on fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2)-mediated phosphorylation of ERK, Akt, and CREB and found that FGF2 required the activity of both FGFR and Src-..
- Analysis of segregation distortion and association of the bovine FGF2 with fertilization rate and early embryonic survivalX Wang
College of Animal Science and Technology, Northwest A and F University, Yangling, Shaanxi 712100, China
Anim Genet 40:722-8. 2009Fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) plays an important role in fertility and early embryo development...
- FGF2 specifies hESC-derived definitive endoderm into foregut/midgut cell lineages in a concentration-dependent mannerJacqueline Ameri
Stem Cell Center, Department of Laboratory Medicine, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Stem Cells 28:45-56. 2010..Studies in lower vertebrates have demonstrated that FGF2 primarily patterns the ventral foregut endoderm into liver and lung, whereas FGF4 exhibits broad anterior-posterior ..
- Protective effects of basic fibroblast growth factor in the development of emphysema induced by interferon-γByung Jae Lee
Department of Internal Medicine, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Exp Mol Med 43:169-78. 2011..Fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2), which is the downstream mediator of TGF-β, is important in wound healing...
- Fibroblast growth factor 2: roles of regulation of lens cell proliferation and epithelial-mesenchymal transition in response to injuryTakeshi Tanaka
Department of Ophthalmology, Wakayama Medical University, Wakayama, Japan
Mol Vis 10:462-7. 2004To examine the role of fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) in regulating lens cell proliferation and epithelial-mesenchymal transition (EMT) in response to injury.
- Fibroblast growth factor 2: from laboratory evidence to clinical applicationChu Huang Chen
Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Curr Vasc Pharmacol 2:33-43. 2004Fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) is expressed ubiquitously in mesodermal and neuroectodermal cells...
- Different aspects of gliosis in retinal Muller glia can be induced by CNTF, insulin, and FGF2 in the absence of damageAndy J Fischer
Department of Neuroscience, Ohio State University, Columbus 43210, USA
Mol Vis 10:973-86. 2004..The purpose of this study was to assay whether growth factors influence the expression of filamentous proteins in Muller glia in the intact retinas of postnatal chickens...
- Decrease in excitatory neurons, astrocytes and proliferating progenitors in the cerebral cortex of mice lacking exon 3 from the Fgf2 geneKesi Chen
Child Study Center, Yale University School of Medicine, 230 South Frontage Rd, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
BMC Neurosci 9:94. 2008The Fgf2 gene is expressed in the brain neuroepithelium during embryonic development and in astroglial cells throughout life...
- Fibroblast growth factor 2-induced cytoplasmic asparaginyl-tRNA synthetase promotes survival of osteoblasts by regulating anti-apoptotic PI3K/Akt signalingSu Jin Park
Brain Korea 21 Project for Medical Science, College of Medicine, Yonsei University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Bone 45:994-1003. 2009Fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2), the potent bone anabolic agent, regulates the bone development, as well as the growth, remodeling and healing of the fracture...
- Cell-mediated delivery of fibroblast growth factor-2 and vascular endothelial growth factor onto the chick chorioallantoic membrane: endothelial fenestration and angiogenesisD Ribatti
Department of Human Anatomy, University of Bari Medical School, Bari, Italy
J Vasc Res 38:389-97. 2001Fibroblast growth factor-2 (FGF2) and vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) exert their angiogenic activity by interacting with endothelial cells in a distinct manner...
- The cardioprotective effect of the low molecular weight isoform of fibroblast growth factor-2: the role of JNK signalingSiyun Liao
Department of Pharmacology and Cell Biophysics, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, 231 Albert Sabin Way, ML 0575, Cincinnati, OH 45267, USA
J Mol Cell Cardiol 42:106-20. 2007Our laboratory showed that overexpression of fibroblast growth factor-2 (FGF2) protected the heart against ischemia-reperfusion injury...
- FGF2 translationally induced by hypoxia is involved in negative and positive feedback loops with HIF-1alphaCaroline Conte
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale INSERM, U858, Toulouse, France
PLoS ONE 3:e3078. 2008Fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) is a major angiogenic factor involved in angiogenesis and arteriogenesis, however the regulation of its expression during these processes is poorly documented...
- The influence of FGF2 high molecular weight (HMW) isoforms in the development of cardiac ischemia-reperfusion injurySiyun Liao
Department of Pharmacology and Cell Biophysics, University of Cincinnati, College of Medicine, 231 Albert Sabin Way, ML 0575, Cincinnati, OH 45267, USA
J Mol Cell Cardiol 48:1245-54. 2010Fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) consists of multiple protein isoforms (low [LMW] and high molecular weight [HMW]), which are localized to different cellular compartments, indicating unique biological activity...
- Anti-FGF2 approaches as a strategy to compensate resistance to anti-VEGF therapy: long-pentraxin 3 as a novel antiangiogenic FGF2-antagonistPatrizia Alessi
Unit of General Pathology and Immunology, Department of Biomedical Sciences and Biotechnology, School of Medicine, University of Brescia, Italy
Eur Cytokine Netw 20:225-34. 2009..One proposed mechanism of tumor escape from anti-VEGF therapy is the up-regulation of fibroblast growth factor-2 (FGF2). FGF2 is a pleiotropic, angiogenesis inducer belonging to the family of the heparin-binding FGF growth factors...
- ATP differentially upregulates fibroblast growth factor 2 and transforming growth factor α in neonatal and adult mice: effect on neuroproliferationC Jia
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
Neuroscience 177:335-46. 2011..hypotheses that ATP induces the synthesis and secretion of two neurotrophic factors, fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) and transforming growth factor alpha (TGFα), and that these neurotrophic factors have a role in inducing ..
- Enlarged infarct volume and loss of BDNF mRNA induction following brain ischemia in mice lacking FGF-2Irina Kiprianova
Interdisciplinary Center for Neurosciences, Department of Neuroanatomy, University of Heidelberg, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Exp Neurol 189:252-60. 2004..We have used mice with a null mutation of the fgf2 gene to explore the relevance of endogenous FGF-2 in brain ischemia...
- Intrathecal injection of epidermal growth factor and fibroblast growth factor 2 promotes proliferation of neural precursor cells in the spinal cords of mice with mutant human SOD1 geneYasuyuki Ohta
Department of Neurology, Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmacy, Okayama University, Okayama, Japan
J Neurosci Res 84:980-92. 2006..spinal cord treated with intrathecal infusion of epidermal growth factor (EGF) and fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) into the lumbar spinal cord region of normal and symptomatic transgenic (Tg) mice with a mutant human Cu/Zn ..
- Extracellular matrix-mediated differentiation of periodontal progenitor cellsSmit J Dangaria
Brodie Laboratory for Craniofacial Genetics, Departments of Oral Biology and Orthodontics, UIC College of Dentistry, The University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60565, USA
Differentiation 78:79-90. 2009..of diseased periodontal tissues, we have tested the effect of periodontal ECM signals, fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2), connective tissue growth factor (CTGF), and the cell adhesion peptide Arg-Gly-Asp (RGD) on the differentiation of ..
- Gene expression profile in fibroblast growth factor 2-transformed endothelial cellsPatrizia Dell'Era
Unit of General Pathology and Immunology, Department of Biomedical Sciences and Biotechnology, University of Brescia, 25123 Brescia, Italy
Oncogene 21:2433-40. 2002Fibroblast growth factor-2 (FGF2) exerts paracrine and autocrine functions on endothelial cells...
- In vivo analysis of oligodendrocyte lineage development in postnatal FGF2 null miceJoshua C Murtie
Program in Molecular and Cell Biology, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, Maryland 20814 4799, USA
Glia 49:542-54. 2005Analysis of fibroblast growth factor 2 null (FGF2-/-) and wild-type (FGF2+/+) mice was used to interpret the potential in vivo role of endogenous FGF2 on oligodendrocyte lineage cell (OLC) responses during oligodendrogenesis and ..
- Fibroblast growth factor 2 is more dynamic than vascular endothelial growth factor A during the follicle-luteal transition in the cowR S Robinson
Division of Animal Physiology, University of Nottingham, Loughborough, Leics LE12 5RD, United Kingdom
Biol Reprod 77:28-36. 2007..we examined the temporal changes in vascular endothelial growth factor A (VEGFA), fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) and secreted protein, acidic, cysteine-rich (osteonectin) (SPARC) during the follicular-luteal transition and CL ..
- Chronic antidepressant treatments increase basic fibroblast growth factor and fibroblast growth factor-binding protein in neuronsAlessia Bachis
Department of Neuroscience, Georgetown University Medical Center, EP04, New Research Building, 3970 Reservoir Road, NW, Washington, DC 20057, USA
Neuropharmacology 55:1114-20. 2008..Fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) is a growth factor essential for the proper formation of synaptic connections in the cerebral cortex, maturation ..
- Retina regeneration in the chick embryo is not induced by spontaneous Mitf downregulation but requires FGF/FGFR/MEK/Erk dependent upregulation of Pax6Jason R Spence
Department of Zoology, Miami University, Oxford, Ohio 45056, USA
Mol Vis 13:57-65. 2007..To elucidate the early cellular events that take place during induction of retina regeneration in the embryonic chick, focusing on the relationship between fibroblast growth factor (FGF) signaling and the regulation of Pax6 and Mitf...
- FGF2-mediated upregulation of urokinase-type plasminogen activator expression requires a MAP-kinase dependent activation of poly(ADP-ribose) polymeraseRiccardo Caldini
Department of Experimental Pathology and Oncology, University of Florence, Italy
J Cell Physiol 202:125-34. 2005..We have analyzed whether poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase activity is involved in basic fibroblast growth factor (FGF2)-mediated upregulation of urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA) mRNA...
- Neuronal defects and delayed wound healing in mice lacking fibroblast growth factor 2S Ortega
Department of Microbiology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:5672-7. 1998Basic fibroblast growth factor (FGF2) is a wide-spectrum mitogenic, angiogenic, and neurotrophic factor that is expressed at low levels in many tissues and cell types and reaches high concentrations in brain and pituitary...
- Fgfr1 and Fgfr2 have distinct differentiation- and proliferation-related roles in the developing mouse skull vaultS Iseki
Department of Human Anatomy and Genetics, South Parks Road, Oxford OX1 3QX, UK
Development 126:5611-20. 1999..Subcutaneous insertion of FGF2-soaked beads onto the coronal suture on E15 resulted in up-regulation of osteopontin and Fgfr1 in the sutural ..
- Identification of FGF2-response element in the rat bone sialoprotein gene promoterEmi Shimizu-Sasaki
Department of Endodontics, Nihon University School of Dentistry at Matsudo, Chiba, Japan
Connect Tissue Res 44:103-8. 2003..Basic fibroblast growth factor (FGF2) is recognized as a potent mitogen for a variety of mesenchymal cells...
- Sequence analysis of the fibroblast growth factor 2 gene from the spontaneously hypertensive and hypertrophic heart ratsJeremy P Dwyer
Department of Physiology, University of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Clin Exp Hypertens 26:209-18. 2004..This locus (Lvm1; left ventricular mass locus 1) contains the gene Fgf2 that codes for the potent cardiac growth factor, Fibroblast Growth Factor 2 (FGF2)...
- siRNA mediated knockdown of fibroblast growth factor receptors 1 or 3 inhibits FGF-induced anchorage-independent clonogenicity but does not affect MAPK activationNorman R Estes
Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Department, Drug Discovery Division, Southern Research Institute, 2000 Ninth Avenue South, Birmingham, AL 35255, USA
Oncol Rep 15:1407-16. 2006..of individual FGFRs, in anchorage-independent growth, we determined the effects of down-regulation of each FGFR on FGF2- and FGF4-mediated soft agar colony formation in these cells...
- Identification of an antiangiogenic FGF2-binding site in the N terminus of the soluble pattern recognition receptor PTX3Maura Camozzi
Unit of General Pathology and Immunology, Department of Biomedical Sciences and Biotechnology, School of Medicine, University of Brescia, 25123 Brescia, Italy
J Biol Chem 281:22605-13. 2006..PTX3 binds fibroblast growth factor-2 (FGF2), inhibiting its pro-angiogenic and pro-restenotic activity...
- Gene expression changes of inflammatory mediators in posterior laryngitis due to laryngopharyngeal reflux and evolution with PPI treatment: a preliminary studySusan L Thibeault
Division of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI 53792 7375, USA
Laryngoscope 117:2050-6. 2007..growth factor beta 1 (TGFbeta1), vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), fibroblast growth factor-2 (FGF2), and tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNFalpha) -- in posterior larynx tissue would be increased in those with ..
- Functional evolutionary history of the mouse Fgf gene familyNobuyuki Itoh
Department of Genetic Biochemistry, Kyoto University Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Sakyo, Kyoto, Japan
Dev Dyn 237:18-27. 2008..However, all Fgfs are evolutionarily related. We propose that an Fgf13-like gene is the ancestor of the iFgf subfamily and the most likely evolutionary ancestor of the entire Fgf family...
- Wnt5a-treated midbrain neural stem cells improve dopamine cell replacement therapy in parkinsonian miceClare L Parish
Laboratory of Molecular Neurobiology, Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
J Clin Invest 118:149-60. 2008..Mouse VM neurospheres (VMNs) expanded with FGF2, differentiated with sonic hedgehog and FGF8, and transfected with Wnt5a (VMN-Wnt5a) generated 10-fold more DA ..
- Establishment of an animal model of a pasteurized bone graft, with a preliminary analysis of muscle coverage or FGF-2 administration to the graftTatsuya Yoshida
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
J Orthop Surg Res 4:31. 2009..In the course of establishing such a model, we made a preliminary examination of the effect of muscle coverage or fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF-2) administration radiographically...
- IRES-based vector coexpressing FGF2 and Cyr61 provides synergistic and safe therapeutics of lower limb ischemiaAudrey Rayssac
INSERM, U858, Toulouse, France
Mol Ther 17:2010-9. 2009..entry site (IRES)-based bicistronic vector expressing two angiogenic molecules, fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2), and Cyr61...
- Regulation of angiogenesis-related prostaglandin f2alpha-induced genes in the bovine corpus luteumYulia Zalman
Department of Animal Sciences, The Robert H Smith Faculty of Agriculture, Food and Environment, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Rehovot, Israel
Biol Reprod 86:92. 2012..We found that PG regulated angiogenesis-modulating factors in a luteal stage-dependent way. A robust increase in FGF2 expression (mRNA and protein) occurred in the PG-refractory Day 4 CL promoting CL survival and function...
- Fibroblast growth factor 2 inhibits up-regulation of bone morphogenic proteins and their receptors during osteoblastic differentiation of human mesenchymal stem cellsEmmanuel Biver
Physiopathology of Inflammatory Bone Diseases, EA 4490, University Lille North of France, Quai Masset, Bassin Napoleon, BP120, 62327 Boulogne sur Mer, France
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 427:737-42. 2012..They exert their actions via BMP receptors (BMPR), including BMPR1A, BMPR1B and BMPR2. Fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) is expressed by cells of the osteoblastic lineage, increases their proliferation and is secreted during the ..
- Selective roles of normal and mutant huntingtin in neural induction and early neurogenesisGiang D Nguyen
Roslyn and Leslie Goldstein Laboratory for Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York, USA
PLoS ONE 8:e64368. 2013..The transition from Q111 pNSCs to fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2)-responsive dNSCs was marked by potentiation in the number of dNSCs and altered proliferative potential...
- Renal heparan sulfate proteoglycans modulate fibroblast growth factor 2 signaling in experimental chronic transplant dysfunctionKirankumar Katta
Division of Nephrology, Department of Internal Medicine, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Am J Pathol 183:1571-84. 2013..heparan sulfate proteoglycan perlecan was observed, along with massive accumulation of fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2)...
- Activation of the CXCL12/CXCR4 signaling axis may drive vascularization of the ovine placentaK E Quinn
Department of Animal and Range Sciences, New Mexico State University, Las Cruces, NM 88003, USA
Domest Anim Endocrinol 47:11-21. 2014..Greater levels of fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) mRNA was observed in CAR on day 20 of gestation than on day 30...
- Thyroid hormone induced angiogenesis through the integrin αvβ3/protein kinase D/histone deacetylase 5 signaling pathwayXin Liu
Key Laboratory of Hormones and Development Ministry of Health, Metabolic Diseases Hospital and Tianjin Institute of Endocrinology, 2011 Collaborative Innovation Center of Tianjin for Medical Epigenetics, Tianjin Medical University, 300070 Tianjin, China
J Mol Endocrinol 52:245-54. 2014..As a potent pro-angiogenic growth factor, basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF (FGF2)) is a downstream target gene of HDAC5...
- Bent bone dysplasia syndrome reveals nucleolar activity for FGFR2 in ribosomal DNA transcriptionCynthia L Neben
Center for Craniofacial Molecular Biology, Ostrow School of Dentistry and Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Hum Mol Genet 23:5659-71. 2014..that cause BBDS reduce receptor levels at the plasma membrane and diminish responsiveness to extracellular FGF2. In this study, we find that these mutations, despite reducing canonical signaling, enhance nucleolar occupancy of ..
- A direct role for ATP1A1 in unconventional secretion of fibroblast growth factor 2Sonja Zacherl
From the Heidelberg University Biochemistry Center BZH, Im Neuenheimer Feld 328, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
J Biol Chem 290:3654-65. 2015Previous studies proposed a role for the Na/K-ATPase in unconventional secretion of fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2). This conclusion was based upon pharmacological inhibition of FGF2 secretion in the presence of ouabain...
- Cyclooxygenase-2 blockade can improve efficacy of VEGF-targeting drugsIsabel Ben-Batalla
Department of Hematology and Oncology, BMT with Section of Pneumology, Hubertus Wald Tumorzentrum, University Comprehensive Cancer Center Hamburg, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Oncotarget 6:6341-58. 2015..factors active besides the VEGF axis including hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) and basic fibroblast growth factor (FGF2)...
- Synergistic effect of PDGF and FGF2 for cell proliferation and hair inductive activity in murine vibrissal dermal papilla in vitroMasahiro Kiso
Department of Dermatology, The Jikei University School of Medicine, Japan
J Dermatol Sci 79:110-8. 2015..DPCs are promising cell sources for hair regeneration therapy for alopecia patients. However, once DPCs are put into conventional two-dimensional culture conditions, they quickly lose their capability to produce hair follicles...
- Variants in genes belonging to the fibroblast growth factor family are associated with lower extremity amputation in non-Hispanic whites: Findings from the chronic renal insufficiency cohort studyJayanta Gupta
Division of Biostatistics and Epidemiology, Department of Biomedical Sciences, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, El Paso, Texas
Wound Repair Regen 24:705-11. 2016..with diabetes, rs11938826 and rs1960669, both intronic SNPs in the gene basic fibroblast growth factor-2 (FGF2), were significantly associated with LEA in covariate-adjusted analysis (OR: 2.83 (95% CI: 1.73, 4.62); p-value: 0...
- Novel harmful recessive haplotypes for reproductive traits in pigsJ Häggman
Department of Agricultural Sciences, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
J Anim Breed Genet . 2016..Three possible candidate genes were found in this chromosomal region: MAD2LI, FGF2 and ANXA5. Further analysis is needed to confirm the role of these genes on pig reproductive performance.
- FGF2 from Marrow Microenvironment Promotes Resistance to FLT3 Inhibitors in Acute Myeloid LeukemiaElie Traer
Knight Cancer Institute, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon
Cancer Res 76:6471-6482. 2016..model of resistance whereby extrinsic microenvironmental proteins FLT3 ligand (FL) and fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) protect FLT3-ITD+ MOLM14 cells from AC220, providing time for subsequent accumulation of ligand-independent ..
- Fgfr2 and osteopontin domains in the developing skull vault are mutually exclusive and can be altered by locally applied FGF2S Iseki
Department of Human Anatomy, Oxford, UK
Development 124:3375-84. 1997..Fibroblast growth factor type 2 (FGF2) protein, which has a high affinity for the FGFR2 splice variant associated with craniosynostosis, is locally ..
- Distinct neural stem cells proliferate in response to EGF and FGF in the developing mouse telencephalonV Tropepe
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Toronto, Toronto, M5S 1A8, Canada
Dev Biol 208:166-88. 1999..By separately blocking EGF and FGF2 signaling, we also show that EGF alone and FGF2 alone can independently elicit neural stem cell proliferation and ..
- FGF2 promotes skeletogenic differentiation of cranial neural crest cellsS Sarkar
Developmental Biology Unit, Institute of Child Health, University College London, London WC1N 1EH, UK
Development 128:2143-52. 2001..We now show that, in vitro, mesencephalic neural crest cells respond to exogenous FGF2 in a dose-dependent manner, with 0...
- Hypoxia induces myocyte-dependent COX-2 regulation in endothelial cells: role of VEGFGuifu Wu
Angiogenesis Research Center, Division of Cardiology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Harvard Medical School, 330 Brookline Ave, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 285:H2420-9. 2003..86 +/- 1.03-fold) and IL-1beta (3.93 +/- 0.89-fold) and slightly increased by TNF-alpha but not by FGF2, IGF-1, or PDGFs...
- Regulation of ureteric bud branching morphogenesis by sulfated proteoglycans in the developing kidneyDylan L Steer
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0693, USA
Dev Biol 272:310-27. 2004..Disruption of endogenous HS sulfation with chlorate resulted in diminished FGF2 binding and proliferation, which markedly altered kidney area but did not have a statistically significant effect ..
- Different thresholds of fibroblast growth factors pattern the ventral foregut into liver and lungAmanda E Serls
Department of Pathology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, The Children s Hospital, 1056 East 19th Avenue, Denver, CO 80218, USA
Development 132:35-47. 2005..of cardiac mesoderm, ventral foregut endoderm explants respond to exogenous fibroblast growth factor (FGF) 1 and FGF2 in a dose-dependent manner, with lower concentrations activating liver specific genes and higher concentrations ..
- Lysophosphatidic acid induces clonal generation of mouse neurospheres via proliferation of Sca-1- and AC133-positive neural progenitorsStanislav I Svetlov
Department of Neuroscience, McKnight Brain Institute, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Stem Cells Dev 13:685-93. 2004..produce neurospheres in serum-free medium containing epidermal growth factor (EGF) and fibroblast growth factor (FGF2)...
- Novel vascularization strategiesM Simons
Angiogenesis Research Center, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA 02215, USA
IDrugs 2:396-7. 1999..Several early trials of angiogenic agents including VEGF165 and FGF2 were presented at this meeting...
- The nucleotide analog cidofovir suppresses basic fibroblast growth factor (FGF2) expression and signaling and induces apoptosis in FGF2-overexpressing endothelial cellsSandra Liekens
Laboratory of Virology and Chemotherapy, Rega Institute for Medical Research, Leuven, Belgium
Mol Pharmacol 71:695-703. 2007..shown that cidofovir inhibits the development of vascular tumors induced by basic fibroblast growth factor (FGF2)-overexpressing endothelial cells (FGF2-T-MAE) in mice...
- Differentiation of human embryonic stem cells in serum-free medium reveals distinct roles for bone morphogenetic protein 4, vascular endothelial growth factor, stem cell factor, and fibroblast growth factor 2 in hematopoiesisMarjorie Pick
Monash Immunology and Stem Cell Laboratories, Monash University, Clayton, Victoria 3800, Australia
Stem Cells 25:2206-14. 2007..4 (BMP4), vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), stem cell factor (SCF), and basic fibroblast growth factor (FGF2), singly and in combination, on the generation of hematopoietic cells from human embryonic stem cells (HESCs)...
- Vascular smooth cell proliferation in perfusion culture of porcine carotid arteriesDan Liao
Molecular Surgeon Research Center, Division of Vascular Surgery and Endovascular Therapy, Michael E DeBakey Department of Surgery, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 372:668-73. 2008..muscle cell (SMC) proliferation of porcine carotid arteries in response to injury, basic fibroblast growth factor (FGF2), and FGF2 conjugated with cytotoxin saporin (SAP)...
- Tec-kinase-mediated phosphorylation of fibroblast growth factor 2 is essential for unconventional secretionAntje D Ebert
Heidelberg University Biochemistry Center, Im Neuenheimer Feld 328, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Traffic 11:813-26. 2010Fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) is a potent mitogen that is exported from cells by an endoplasmic reticulum (ER)/Golgi-independent mechanism...
- Fibroblast growth factor 2 regulates bone sialoprotein gene transcription in human breast cancer cellsZhengyang Li
Department of Periodontology, Nihon University School of Dentistry at Matsudo, Chiba, Japan
J Oral Sci 52:125-32. 2010..Fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) is recognized as a potent mitogen for a variety of mesenchymal cells...
- Inhibition of ERK1/2 prevents neural and mesendodermal differentiation and promotes human embryonic stem cell self-renewalJie Na
School of Medicine, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China
Stem Cell Res 5:157-69. 2010..for more than 3months in the presence of ERK1/2 inhibitors in a chemically defined culture system containing FGF2 and activin A but no BMP4...
- Identification of novel interaction sites that determine specificity between fibroblast growth factor homologous factors and voltage-gated sodium channelsChaojian Wang
Ion Channel Research Unit, Department of Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
J Biol Chem 286:24253-63. 2011..This proline is conserved among all FHFs, and mutation of the homologous residue in FGF13 also leads to loss of interaction with a specific VGSC CT (Na(V)1...
- Fibroblast growth factor 2 (Fgf2) inhibits differentiation of mesenchymal stem cells by inducing Twist2 and Spry4, blocking extracellular regulated kinase activation, and altering Fgf receptor expression levelsWen Tzu Lai
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Tulane University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
Stem Cells 29:1102-11. 2011..Previously, we reported that fibroblast growth factor 2 (Fgf2) reversibly inhibited multilineage differentiation of primary mouse MSCs and now identify a unique compliment of ..
- Dab2 is pivotal for endothelial cell migration by mediating VEGF expression in cancer cellsSeong Moon Cheong
Department of Life Science, Pohang University of Science and Technology, San 31, Hyoja Dong, Pohang, Kyungbuk, 790 784, Republic of Korea
Exp Cell Res 318:550-7. 2012..we show that Dab2 is required for the TGFβ-induced gene expression of angiogenic factors such as VEGF and FGF2. Taken together, these results suggest that Dab2, which is expressed in cancer cells, is pivotal for endothelial ..
- HSulf sulfatases catalyze processive and oriented 6-O-desulfation of heparan sulfate that differentially regulates fibroblast growth factor activityAmal Seffouh
Institut de Biologie Structurale Jean Pierre Ebel, Unité Mixte de Recherche 5075, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique Commissariat à l Énergie Atomique et aux Énergies Alternatives Université Joseph Fourier, Grenoble, France
FASEB J 27:2431-9. 2013..fibroblast growth factor (FGF)-induced mitogenesis and found that the enzyme could differentially regulate FGF1 and FGF2 activities...
- Fibroblast growth factor-2 (FGF2) and syndecan-1 (SDC1) are potential biomarkers for putative circulating CD15+/CD30+ cells in poor outcome Hodgkin lymphoma patientsRajendra Gharbaran
John Theurer Cancer Center, Hackensack University Medical Center, d, Jurist Research Building, 40 Prospect Avenue, Hackensack, NJ 07601, USA
J Hematol Oncol 6:62. 2013....
- Development of a chemically defined medium and discovery of new mitogenic growth factors for mouse hepatocytes: mitogenic effects of FGF1/2 and PDGFWilliam C Bowen
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States of America
PLoS ONE 9:e95487. 2014..medium for mouse hepatocytes and demonstrate that in addition to EGFR ligands and HGF, the growth factors FGF1 and FGF2 are also important mitogenic factors for mouse hepatocytes. Smaller mitogenic response was also noticed for PDGF AB...
- Effects of BMP-2 and FGF2 on the osteogenesis of bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells in hindlimb-unloaded ratsXiaodan Qian
Institute of Cell and Development, College of Life Sciences, Zhejiang University, Zi Jin Gang Campus, Hangzhou, 310058, Zhejiang, People s Republic of China
Cell Biochem Biophys 70:1127-36. 2014..by 28-day of hindlimb unloading for male Sprague-Dawley rat, and performed intramuscular injection of BMP-2 and FGF2 at a given interval during hindlimb unloading. Then, the bone marrow (BM) was collected from hindlimb femur of rat...
- Antidepressants and Fibroblast Growth FactorItalo Mocchetti; Fiscal Year: 2006..by preliminary data showing that antidepressants increase the synthesis of basic fibroblast growth factor (FGF2), a neurotrophic factor that exerts neurotrophic activity on catecholaminergic neurons and promotes neurogenesis in ..
- Rashmi Bansal; Fiscal Year: 2016..In Aim III we will over-express FGF1 or FGF2 postnatally in neurons of transgenic mice to test a potentially paradigm shifting hypothesis that FGF/FGFR ..
- Monoclonal Antibody to FGF2 for Treatment of Hepatocellular Carcinoma and Other CK Jin Kim; Fiscal Year: 2012..characterize a humanized monoclonal antibody (mAb) that binds and inhibits human Fibroblast Growth Factor 2 (FGF2;basic FGF) for potential use in cancer therapy...
- Morphogenesis and function of the cerebral cortexFlora M Vaccarino; Fiscal Year: 2013..cortical morphogenesis will be compared amongst mice lacking Fgfr2 versus mice with a combined deletion of Fgfr1, Fgf2 and Fgf3...
- MARJA MARIE HURLEY; Fiscal Year: 2016..Our studies support an important role for the nuclear isoforms of Fibroblast Growth Factor 2 (FGF2) in FGF23 production and biologic function...
- Monoclonal Antibody to FGF2 for Treatment of Hepatocellular Carcinoma and Other CK Jin Kim; Fiscal Year: 2010..proposed research is to characterize a monoclonal antibody (mAb) that binds and blocks Fibroblast Growth Factor 2 (FGF2) for potential use in cancer therapy...
- William L Murphy; Fiscal Year: 2016..be used to regulate the effects of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and fibroblast growth factor-2 (FGF2) on endothelial cells in 2-dimensional and 3-dimensional culture environments...
- Injury and Recovery in Developing BrainFlora M Vaccarino; Fiscal Year: 2013..The factors under investigation include Fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2), the Epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR), TrkB and its ligand Brain derived neurotropic growth factor (BDNF), ..
- The role of FGF signaling in suppressing astrogliosisJean M Hebert; Fiscal Year: 2012..Previous immunohistochemical analyses suggested that nuclear FGF2 and at least one receptor are up-regulated in astrocytes in response to damage (Eddleston and Mucke, 1993;Ridet et ..
- Action of Anabolic Factors on Bone Formation in MiceMARJA MARIE HURLEY; Fiscal Year: 2013..that in addition to its role in promoting osteoblast (OB) function and bone formation, fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) is a negative regulator of mesenchymal stem cell differentiation into mature adipocytes (AD)...
- Somatostain & Stress-Related Genes in HIV & Comorbid Major Depressive DisorderIan Paul Everall; Fiscal Year: 2010..data) a significant decrease in the frontal cortical gene expression of somatostatin, fibroblast growth factor-2 (FGF2) and growth arrest and DNA-damage-inducible-beta (GADD45B), and an increase in gene expression of serum/..
- Gadiparthi N Rao; Fiscal Year: 2016..Interestingly enough, blockade of either CREB or STAT3 inhibits VEGFC and FGF2-induced expression of DLL4 and cleaved NOTCH1 in HRMVECs...
- REGULATION OF CRANIALSUTURE MORPHOGENESISRoy Ogle; Fiscal Year: 2002..The hypotheses are that certain FGFs released from bone matrix (FGF2), the suture cells, and the dura mater (other that FGF2 or 7) diffuse to the extracellular matrix of the developing ..
- Katia Del Rio-Tsonis; Fiscal Year: 2014..following retinectomy, via the process of trans-differentiation if exposed to ectopic fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2)...
- Ningjun Li; Fiscal Year: 2014..In preliminary studies, we found that the level of an important stem cell niche factor, fibroblast growth factor-2 (FGF2), the number of CD133 positive stem cells and their responses to high salt intake were significantly decreased in ..
- Dvelopment of multi-component peptide vehicles for in vivo neuronal gene therapyEster J Kwon; Fiscal Year: 2010..of NPCs through the delivery of therapeutic genes encoding mitogenic factors such as fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) can cause increased recruitment to damaged areas in the brain...
- Mechanisms of PAI-1 Induced Anti-AngiogenesisMary J Mulligan Kehoe; Fiscal Year: 2011..Studies performed in this funding period show that rPAI-123 inhibits fibroblast growth factor-2 (FGF2) signaling pathways and functions...
- Neurodevelopmental Basis of Anxiety and Depressive BehaviorSarah M Clinton; Fiscal Year: 2010..will manipulate hippocampal development via administration of the neurotrophic factor Fibroblast Growth Factor-2 (FGF2) to determine whether it can reshape low novelty-seekers'neural emotional circuits and assuage the emergence ..
- Tat and CDK9 on gene expression alterations coupled to HIV-1 Associated DementiaXavier Grana; Fiscal Year: 2010..IL-8 and IL-12), as well as deregulation of a number of genes that have been associated with dementia (GLS, SOD2, FGF2 and CHMP2B)...
- Generation of a Novel Therapeutic for Prostate Cancer Bone MetastasisDONALD EDWARD STAUNTON; Fiscal Year: 2010..CT400P must maintain: 1) high affinity for FGFRs and lack of integrin binding, 2) efficient antagonism of FGF1 and FGF2- induced cell proliferation, and 3) efficient reversal of cancer cell chemoresistance...
- David M Ornitz; Fiscal Year: 2015..Following myocardial infarction, hearts lacking Fgf2 show reduced fibroblast proliferation and collagen deposition, decreased endothelial proliferation and vascular ..
- Marco C Bottino; Fiscal Year: 2016..types in a location specific manner, through the addition of calcium phosphate and fibroblast growth factor-2 (CaP/FGF2) and FGF2, will lead to alveolar and periodontal tissue regeneration in the appropriate locations...
- FGF-2 Autocrine Signaling in Lung CancerLynn E Heasley; Fiscal Year: 2012..Importantly, we show that fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) and FGF receptors (FGFRs) are frequently co-expressed in NSCLC...
- Danny J Schust; Fiscal Year: 2016..from human embryonic stem cells (hESC) that have been treated with BMP4 (BMP-hESC) and inhibitors of activin and FGF2 signaling...
- Ales Cvekl; Fiscal Year: 2016..In addition, FGF2 stimulates expression of a small group of microRNAs that targets 3'-UTR of c-Maf...
- Thanh Huu Tran; Fiscal Year: 2014..and a transient increase in SC population, and such phenotypes may be caused by Sulf-mediated repression of FGF2 signaling during SC differentiation...
- ROBERT MICHAEL ROBERTS; Fiscal Year: 2016..Aim 2 is to determine whether or not the various LIF-and FGF2-dependent piPSC at our disposal are superior donors than somatic cells for nuclear transfer...
- Monoclonal Antibody to FGF Receptor 2 for Treatment of Gastric and Other CancersK Jin Kim; Fiscal Year: 2009..In particular, FGF2 (basic FGF) is a powerful stimulator of angiogenesis, the new blood vessel formation needed by tumors to grow, ..
- FGF2 IN VASCULAR DISEASEMichael Reidy; Fiscal Year: 2001..to quantitate the role of a gene in vivo by directly comparing the behavior of cells which can or cannot express FGF2 or FGFR1...
- Edward P Ingenito; Fiscal Year: 2016..capacity in vitro, spontaneously form alveolar-like structures in matrigel and secrete growth factors including FGF2, FGF7, FGF10, and HGF that can promote remodeling...
- Xingbin Ai; Fiscal Year: 2014..Aged skeletal muscle has reduced levels of FGF2 and elevated Wnts and TGF2, leading to decreased proliferation of resident stem cells (so called satellite cells) ..
- Ian M Bird; Fiscal Year: 2016..to cause severe detrimental alterations in the functional angiogenic and NO synthetic responses to VEGF and FGF2 via alterations in specific G-protein coupling transducers (GNA14 and GNA14)...
- HoxA10 Function During Myeloid DifferentiationELIZABETH ANN EKLUND; Fiscal Year: 2011..and identified the genes encoding Cdx4, Meisl, Pbx2, the E3 ligase Triadl, Mkp2, programmed cell death protein 5, FGF2, Yaf2, and TGFp2 as potential HoxAIO- target-genes...
- Christine M Finck; Fiscal Year: 2014..2: Optimize derivation of distal airway cells through growth factor supplementation, specifically FGF2, 7,10...
- Melissa B Rogers; Fiscal Year: 2015..The association of RUNX2 and Hes1 will be examined in MC3T3-E1 pre-osteoblasts that express BMP2 in response to FGF2. These findings will be confirmed in primary aortic valve interstitial cells and diseased valves from the CAVD ..
- Mechanism of keratinocyte RXRalpha mediated melanoma skin cancer developmentARUP K INDRA; Fiscal Year: 2013..RXR[unreadable], directly or indirectly, represses keratinocytic expression of endothelin 1 (ET-1), SCF, POMC and FGF2 which may serve to regulate melanocytic mitogenesis in a paracrine manner...
- Mina Mina; Fiscal Year: 2016..The effects of FGF2 on proliferation and differentiation of [unreadable]SMACreERT2;Ai9 expressing cells will be examined in vivo after ..
- Syndecan-1 and the Arterial Response to InjuryAlexander W Clowes; Fiscal Year: 2013..of PDGF-B mRNA and migrate and proliferate more than SMCs from wild-type mice in response to PDGF-BB, serum, EGF, FGF2, and thrombin...
- L Darryl Quarles; Fiscal Year: 2016..Activation of FGFR1/PI3K/Akt/?-catenin and HMW-FGF2-dependent integrative fibroblastic growth factor receptor signaling (INFS) appear to couple bone mineralization ..
- Jo El J Schultz; Fiscal Year: 2014..provided by applicant): The overall goal of this proposal is to investigate the molecular target(s) underlying FGF2-mediated cardioprotection...
- Transcriptional Role of BRCA1 in Breast CancerWen Hwa Lee; Fiscal Year: 2012..To elucidate regulatory modes of BRCA1-mediated, but ZBRK1 independent, transcriptional modulation of FGF2, RFC1, TIP30 and TFDP1;and Aim 3...
- Signaling mechanisms of FGF2-induced cardioprotectionJo El Schultz; Fiscal Year: 2009The overall goal of this proposal is to investigate the molecular target(s) underlying FGF2-mediated cardioprotection...
- Renato V Iozzo; Fiscal Year: 2016..The parent proteoglycan is pro-angiogenic by acting as a co-receptor for FGF2 and VEGFA via the N-terminal heparin sulfate chains...
- Neurodevelopmental Underpinnings of Rodent Anxiety and Depressive BehaviorSarah M Clinton; Fiscal Year: 2013..as maternal care; and 3) how early life manipulation of hippocampal circuitry (via exposure to the growth factor FGF2) impacts brain development and later emotional behavior...
- Regulation of Mandibular Condylar Cartialage GrowthRobert Hinton; Fiscal Year: 2006..We will test the hypothesis that mediators of Fgf2 and Tgf-Beta2 activity are the same in MCC and SUT, and that they differ from mediators of Fgf2 and Tgf-Beta2 ..
- Roles of FGF2 and TGFbeta in cardiac hypertrophyThomas Doetschman; Fiscal Year: 2005Roles of FGF2 and TGFbeta1 in cardiac hypertrophy...
- Recombinant Polymers for Systemic Cancer Gene TherapyPeter Swann; Fiscal Year: 2007..the polymeric backbone, lysine (K) residues to condense plasmid DMA, a targeting ligand (fibroblast growth factor, FGF2) for biorecognition by cancer cells, histidine (H) residues to allow escape from the endosomes, and cysteine (C) ..
- NEUROTROPHIC SUPPORT IN AGING AND ALZHEIMERS DISEASEFelix Eckenstein; Fiscal Year: 2003DESCRIPTION: (Applicant's abstract) Basic fibroblast growth factor (FGF2) is a potent mitogen and neurotrophic factor. The mature CNS contains a surprisingly high level of this factor...
- HSP27/FGF2 REGULATION OF CELL MIGRATION IN BREAST CANCERRANDOLPH PIOTROWICZ; Fiscal Year: 2002..endothelial cell migration in a wounding model, stimulated by the 18 kDa form of basic-fibroblast growth factor (FGF2), is likely to be attributable to HSP27's role as a regulator of the F-actin polymerization required for cell ..
- Kristen L Billiar; Fiscal Year: 2014..such as transforming growth factor beta1 (TGF-beta1), endothelin-1 (ET-1), and fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2)...
- Gene Expression Analysis in Microcaptured Retinal CellsRuben Adler; Fiscal Year: 2005..brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF), ciliary neurotrophic factor (CNTF), or basic fibroblast growth factor-2 (FGF2), slows photoreceptor cell death caused by specific mutations or exposure to constant light...
- Retinal gene expression changes during oxidative damageNAEL AL ABDULLA; Fiscal Year: 2007..Expression of fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) or brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) in the retina prevents hyperoxia-induced retinal degeneration...
- Adenovirus Limitations and Tumor Targeted Gene TherapyBERT O MALLEY; Fiscal Year: 2007..five hypotheses by addressing the following Specific Aims: 1) Determine the concentration of CAR, integrins, and FGF2 receptor on fresh human HNSCC samples and derived cell lines; 2) Establish the correlation between expression of ..
- FIBROBLAST GROWTH FACTOR RECEPTORS IN CRANIOSYNOSTOSISETHYLIN JABS; Fiscal Year: 1999..g., FGF1 and FGF2) binding properties of mutant FGFR2s; 6) altered ligand-activated tyrosine kinase activity of mutant FGFR2s, 7) ..
- Fibroblast Growth Factor Homologous Factors: Modulation of L-type Calcium ChannelJESSICA AMENTA HENNESSEY; Fiscal Year: 2013..are modulators of voltage-gated sodium channels and the Pitt lab has recently characterized the role of FGF13 in modulating voltage-gated sodium channels in the heart...
- REMYELINATION AND AXON INTEGRITY IN CHRONIC DEMYELINATIONRegina C Armstrong; Fiscal Year: 2010..Importantly, our preliminary data in FGF2-I- mice demonstrates that it is possible to overcome chronic lesion effects on endogenous oligodendrocyte lineage ..
- FIBROBLAST GROWTH FACTORS IN INFLAMMATORY BOWEL DISEASESteven Cohn; Fiscal Year: 2002..expression of FGF-2, Cox-1, Cox-2, Bcl related genes, prostaglandin synthesis and apoptosis in wild-type mice and FGF2 -/- mice treated at various times following systemic treatment with anti-CD3 or in DO11...
- INTRACELLULAR FGFS:NOVEL REGULATIONS OF CARDIAC NAV CHANNELSJeanne M Nerbonne; Fiscal Year: 2012..Parallel experiments will be completed on myocytes isolated from mice (Fgf13-/-) harboring a targeted disruption of the Fgf13 locus...
- MAP KINASE REGULATION OF OSTEOBLAST FUNCTIONRenny Franceschi; Fiscal Year: 2007..Other factors such as FGF2, IGF-1 and mechanical stimulation, known to signal through MARK, also stimulate RUNX2 phosphorylation...
- FIBROBLAST GROWTH FACTOR CEREBRAL CORTICAL DEVELOPMENTFlora Vaccarino; Fiscal Year: 2002..Basic Fibroblast growth factor (FGF2) is expressed by cortical progenitor cells and increases their proliferation both in vitro and in vivo...
- ROLE OF FIBROBLAST GROWTH FACTORS IN PROSTATE GROWTHMichael Ittmann; Fiscal Year: 2003..The investigators have shown increased expression of FGF7 and FGF2 in BPH that is correlated with epithelial and stromal proliferation, respectively...
- Stephen Waxman; Fiscal Year: 2016..3. Study FHF2-mediated regulation of Nav1.7 and Nav1.8 Na channels that drive chronic pain. 4...
- HUMAN HEPATOCYTE GROWTH FACTORSWALLACE MC KEEHAN; Fiscal Year: 2006..Whether FGF1 and/or FGF2 ablation in mice impacts compensatory growth of liver, cholesterol/bile acid metabolism and response to CCI4 damage ..
- Role of Heparan Sulfate in FGF ActionALAN RAPRAEGER; Fiscal Year: 2005..FGF1 and FGF2 are the prototypes of the family initially described as promoting neuronal proliferation, neurite extension and ..
- Age-Related Decrease in A-Beta Peptide Clearance Pathways: CSF and BBBConrad Earl Johanson; Fiscal Year: 2010..kinetics of clearance of tagged Ap from the CP-CSF in aging and after flow inhibition induced by acetazolamide or FGF2, and Hi) characterize the age-modified expression of the Ap transporters, LRP-1 and the receptor for advanced ..
- Mechanistic Role of NELL-1 in Premature Suture ClosureKang Ting; Fiscal Year: 2003..CBFA1 has recently been shown to play an important role in FGFR1 induced CS. TGF-beta1 and FGF2, which affect CBFA1 expression and induce cranial suture closure, induce NELL-1 expression in FRCC cells...
- Phase ii intraperitoneal rhIL 12Ralph Freedman; Fiscal Year: 2002..Furthermore, decreased expression of the proangiogenic molecules FGF2 and VEGF on peritoneal cavity tumor was detected at higher dosing levels of IP rhIL- 12...
- KERATOCYTE CRYSTALLIN PROTEINS AND CORNEAL TRANSPARENCYJAMES JESTER; Fiscal Year: 2003..of keratocyte crystallins in vitro and determine the effects of light/dark and cytokine stimulation (TGFbeta, IL1, FGF2, PDGF) on crystalline protein expression; and (5) modulate keratocyte crystalline protein expression in vivo by ..