Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: FBXW11
Description: F-box and WD repeat domain containing 11
Alias: BTRC2, BTRCP2, FBW1B, FBXW1B, Fbw11, Hos, F-box/WD repeat-containing protein 11, F-box and WD repeats protein beta-TrCP2, F-box and WD-40 domain protein 11, F-box and WD-40 domain protein 1B, F-box protein Fbw1b, F-box/WD repeat-containing protein 1B, beta-transducin repeat-containing protein 2, homologous to Slimb protein
Publications224 found, 100 shown here
- A cytoplasmic tail determinant in HIV-1 Vpu mediates targeting of tetherin for endosomal degradation and counteracts interferon-induced restrictionTonya Kueck
Department of Infectious Disease, King s College London School of Medicine, Guy s Hospital, London, United Kingdom
PLoS Pathog 8:e1002609. 2012....
- Polo-like kinase-1 controls proteasome-dependent degradation of Claspin during checkpoint recoveryIvan Mamely
Unidad de Investigacion, Hospital Universitario de Canarias, Ofra s n, La Cuesta, 38320 Tenerife, Spain
Curr Biol 16:1950-5. 2006..Moreover, our data demonstrate that the degradation of Claspin at the onset of mitosis is an essential step for the recovery of a cell from a DNA-damage-induced cell-cycle arrest...
- IkappaBalpha ubiquitination is catalyzed by an SCF-like complex containing Skp1, cullin-1, and two F-box/WD40-repeat proteins, betaTrCP1 and betaTrCP2H Suzuki
Institute for Drug Discovery Research, Yamanouchi Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd, 21 Miyukigaoka, Ibaraki, Tsukuba shi, 305 8585, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 256:127-32. 1999..These results indicate that the long-sought IkappaBalpha-E3 is an SCF-like complex consisting of multiple proteins which are coordinately assembled during phosphorylation of IkappaBalpha in response to external signals...
- SAG/ROC-SCF beta-TrCP E3 ubiquitin ligase promotes pro-caspase-3 degradation as a mechanism of apoptosis protectionMingjia Tan
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center, 1500 East Medical Center Drive, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0936, USA
Neoplasia 8:1042-54. 2006..Thus, pro-caspase-3 appears to be a substrate of SAG/ROC-SCF(beta-TrCP) E3 Ub ligase, which protects cells from apoptosis through increased apoptosis threshold by reducing the basal level of pro-caspase-3...
- Recruitment of a ROC1-CUL1 ubiquitin ligase by Skp1 and HOS to catalyze the ubiquitination of I kappa B alphaP Tan
Derald H Ruttenberg Cancer Center, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029, USA
Mol Cell 3:527-33. 1999..protein, is recruited by cullin 1 to form a quatemary SCFHOS-ROC1 holenzyme (with Skp1 and the beta-TRCP homolog HOS)...
- HOS, a human homolog of Slimb, forms an SCF complex with Skp1 and Cullin1 and targets the phosphorylation-dependent degradation of IkappaB and beta-cateninS Y Fuchs
Derald H Ruttenberg Cancer Center, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029 6574, USA
Oncogene 18:2039-46. 1999..We identified a human F-box/WD40 repeats protein (HOS), which is homologous to Slimb/h betaTrCP...
- SCF(HOS) ubiquitin ligase mediates the ligand-induced down-regulation of the interferon-alpha receptorK G Suresh Kumar
Department of Animal Biology, University of Pennsylvania, 3800 Spruce Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6046, USA
EMBO J 22:5480-90. 2003..Here we show that IFNAR1 interacts with the Homolog of Slimb (HOS) F-box protein in a phosphorylation-dependent manner, and that this interaction is promoted by interferon alpha (..
- Degradation of Cdc25A by beta-TrCP during S phase and in response to DNA damageLuca Busino
European Institute of Oncology, 435 Via Ripamonti, 20141 Milan, Italy
Nature 426:87-91. 2003..Our results show that beta-TrCP has a crucial role in mediating the response to DNA damage through Cdc25A degradation...
- SCFbeta-TRCP links Chk1 signaling to degradation of the Cdc25A protein phosphataseJianping Jin
Department of Pathology, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Genes Dev 17:3062-74. 2003..These data indicate that Cdc25A turnover is more complex than previously appreciated and suggest roles for an additional kinase(s) in Chk1-dependent Cdc25A turnover...
- M-phase kinases induce phospho-dependent ubiquitination of somatic Wee1 by SCFbeta-TrCPNobumoto Watanabe
Antibiotics Laboratory, Discovery Research Institute, RIKEN, 2 1 Hirosawa, Wako, Saitama 351 0198, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:4419-24. 2004..These results also establish the existence of a feedback loop between Cdc2 and Wee1A in somatic cells that depends on ubiquitination and protein degradation and ensures the rapid activation of Cdc2 when cells are ready to divide...
- Negative regulation of prolactin receptor stability and signaling mediated by SCF(beta-TrCP) E3 ubiquitin ligaseYing Li
Department of Animal Biology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Mol Cell Biol 24:4038-48. 2004..These data indicate that PRLR is a novel SCF(beta-TrCP) substrate and implicate beta-TrCP as an important negative regulator of PRL signaling and cellular responses to this hormone...
- Phosphorylation and specific ubiquitin acceptor sites are required for ubiquitination and degradation of the IFNAR1 subunit of type I interferon receptorK G Suresh Kumar
Department of Animal Biology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Biol Chem 279:46614-20. 2004..We discuss the complexities and specifics of the ubiquitination and degradation of IFNAR1, which is a beta-Trcp substrate that undergoes degradation via a lysosomal pathway...
- SCFbeta-TRCP controls clock-dependent transcription via casein kinase 1-dependent degradation of the mammalian period-1 (Per1) proteinTakahiro Shirogane
Department of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 280:26863-72. 2005....
- Identification of substrates for F-box proteinsJianping Jin
Department of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Methods Enzymol 399:287-309. 2005..In addition, we describe approaches for the use of immobilized phosphopeptides to identify F-box proteins that recognize particular phosphodegrons...
- SCFbetaTrCP-mediated degradation of Claspin regulates recovery from the DNA replication checkpoint responseAngelo Peschiaroli
Department of Pathology, NYU Cancer Institute, New York University School of Medicine, MSB 599, New York, New York 10016, USA
Mol Cell 23:319-29. 2006..Importantly, in response to DNA damage in G2, Claspin proteolysis is inhibited to allow the prompt reestablishment of the checkpoint...
- Wilms tumor suppressor WTX negatively regulates WNT/beta-catenin signalingMichael B Major
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Washington School of Medicine, Box 357370, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Science 316:1043-6. 2007..These data provide a possible mechanistic explanation for the tumor suppressor activity of WTX...
- Regulated degradation of FANCM in the Fanconi anemia pathway during mitosisYounghoon Kee
Department of Radiation Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Genes Dev 23:555-60. 2009..Nondegradable mutant forms of FANCM retain the FA core complex in the chromatin and disrupt the FA pathway. Our data provide a novel mechanism for the cell cycle-dependent regulation of the FA pathway...
- Phosphorylation by casein kinase I promotes the turnover of the Mdm2 oncoprotein via the SCF(beta-TRCP) ubiquitin ligaseHiroyuki Inuzuka
Department of Pathology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cancer Cell 18:147-59. 2010..Our results provide insight into the signaling pathways controlling Mdm2 destruction and further suggest that compromised regulation of Mdm2 results in attenuated p53 activity, thereby facilitating tumor progression...
- Holoprosencephaly and preaxial polydactyly associated with a 1.24 Mb duplication encompassing FBXW11 at 5q35.1David A Koolen
Department of Human Genetics, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, 9101, 6500 HB, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Hum Genet 51:721-6. 2006..1. The duplicated region encompasses seven genes: RANBP17, TLX3, NPM1, FGF18, FBXW11, STK10, and DC-UbP...
- Fas-associated factor 1 is a scaffold protein that promotes β-transducin repeat-containing protein (β-TrCP)-mediated β-catenin ubiquitination and degradationLong Zhang
Department of Molecular Cell Biology and Centre for Biomedical Genetics, Leiden University Medical Center, 2300 RC Leiden, The Netherlands
J Biol Chem 287:30701-10. 2012..Moreover, ectopic FAF1 expression reduces breast cancer cell migration in vitro and invasion/metastasis in vivo. Thus, our studies strengthen a tumor-suppressive function for FAF1...
- Crystal structure of dimeric heme oxygenase-2 from Synechocystis sp. PCC 6803 in complex with hemeMasakazu Sugishima
Department of Biology, Graduate School of Science, Osaka University, Toyonaka, Osaka 560 0043, Japan
Biochemistry 44:4257-66. 2005..Although heme-Syn HO-2 shares common folding with other HOs, the C-terminal segment is ordered and turns back to the heme-binding side...
- Carbon monoxide in biology and microbiology: surprising roles for the "Detroit perfume"Kelly S Davidge
Department of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, The University of Sheffield, Firth Court, Sheffield, UK
Adv Microb Physiol 56:85-167. 2009..However, CO is also generated endogenously by heme oxygenases (HOs) in mammals and microbes, and its extraordinary biological activities are now recognized and increasingly utilized ..
- Inhibition of growth of human osteosarcomas by antagonists of growth hormone-releasing hormoneJ Pinski
Endocrine, Polypeptide, and Cancer Institute, Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, New Orleans, LA 70146, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 87:1787-94. 1995..Recently, we synthesized various potent antagonists of GH-releasing hormone (GH-RH), including [Ibu0, D-Arg2, Phe(4-Cl)6, Abu15, Nle27]hGH-RH(1-28)Agm, which is also called MZ-4-71...
- Heme oxygenases in pregnancy II: HO-2 is downregulated in human pathologic pregnanciesA C Zenclussen
Charite, Biomedizinisches Forschungszentrum, Campus Virchow, Humboldt University of Berlin, Germany
Am J Reprod Immunol 50:66-76. 2003..Here we investigated whether the expression of HO-1 and HO-2 is also reduced at the feto-maternal interface of pathologic human pregnancies...
- Sperm-preparation techniques for men with normal and abnormal semen analysis. A comparisonC T Erel
Division of Reproductive Endocrinology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Cerrahpasa School of Medicine, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
J Reprod Med 45:917-22. 2000..techniques, density gradient centrifugation and swim-up procedures, with respect to their effects on acrosome reaction (AR), hypoosmotic swelling (HOS) and nuclear maturity in men with abnormal and normal semen analyses.
- The Medicare Health Outcomes Survey program: overview, context, and near-term prospectsNathaniel Jones
Maryland Institute for Policy Analysis and Research MIPAR, University of Maryland, Baltimore County UMBC, 1000 Hilltop Circle, Baltimore, MD 21250, USA
Health Qual Life Outcomes 2:33. 2004In 1996, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) initiated the Medicare Health Outcomes Survey (HOS)...
- Patient desire for information and decision making in health care decisions: the Autonomy Preference Index and the Health Opinion SurveyR F Nease
Department of Medicine, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, New Hampshire, USA
J Gen Intern Med 10:593-600. 1995OBJECTIVES: To compare results on the Autonomy Preference Index (API) and the Health Opinion Survey (HOS), two instruments that measure patient desire for information and involvement in decision making. DESIGN: Cross-sectional survey...
- Activation of mitogen activated protein kinases via complement receptor type 2Min Hua Luo
Institut fur Hygiene, Innsbruck Universität, Fritz Pregl Str sse, A 6010 Innsbruck, Austria
Chin Med J (Engl) 117:1802-8. 2004....
- Multiple heme oxygenase family members contribute to the biosynthesis of the phytochrome chromophore in ArabidopsisThomas J Emborg
Department of Genetics, University of Wisconsin, Madison, 53706, USA
Plant Physiol 140:856-68. 2006The oxidative cleavage of heme by heme oxygenases (HOs) to form biliverdin IXalpha (BV) is the committed step in the biosynthesis of the phytochrome (phy) chromophore and thus essential for proper photomorphogenesis in plants...
- Vector-based Ape1 small interfering RNA enhances the sensitivity of human osteosarcoma cells to endostatin in vivoDong Wang
Cancer Center, and Department of Pathology, Daping Hospital and Research Institute of Surgery, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing 400042, China
Cancer Sci 98:1993-2001. 2007..Transfection of human osteosarcoma 9901 and HOS cells with pSilenceApe1 resulted in a dose-dependent loss of Ape1 protein...
- The potential fertility estimation capacity of the hypoosmotic swelling test, the thermal stress test and a modified cervical mucus penetration test in the bovineSuleyman Bacinoglu
Department of Reproduction and Artificial Insemination, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Istanbul University, 34320 Istanbul, Turkey
Anim Reprod Sci 104:38-46. 2008In this study, hypoosmotic swelling (HOS), thermal stress (TS) and modified cervical mucus penetration (mCMP) tests have been used with routine tests for the assessment of semen quality...
- Acute non-outbreak shigellosis: ten years experience in southern TaiwanChi Hung Wu
Department of Pediatrics, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Chiayi, Taiwan
Chang Gung Med J 32:59-65. 2009..We conducted a retrospective study of both the clinical and laboratory characteristics of shigellosis in southern Taiwan...
- Elevated plasma levels of bilirubin in patients with neurotrauma reflect its pathophysiological role in free radical scavengingKenji Dohi
Department of Critical Care and Emergency Medicine, Showa University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
In Vivo 19:855-60. 2005Bilirubin, a powerful endogenous antioxidant, is one of the catabolites of heme oxygenases (HOs). In this study, the plasma bilirubin concentration was measured to establish bilirubin kinesis after traumatic brain injury (TBI)...
- Heme oxygenase 2 of the cyanobacterium Synechocystis sp. PCC 6803 is induced under a microaerobic atmosphere and is required for microaerobic growth at high light intensityMete Yilmaz
Division of Biology and Medicine, Brown University, Providence, RI 02912, USA
Photosynth Res 103:47-59. 2010..Light intensity did not have an effect on the expression of both the HOs. Cells, in which ho2 was disrupted, were unable to grow microaerobically at a light intensity of 40 micromol m(-2) ..
- Platinum agents in the treatment of osteosarcoma: efficacy of cisplatin vs. carboplatin in human osteosarcoma cell linesH Robson
Tumour Biochemistry Laboratory, Clinical Research Department, Christie Hospital NHS Trust, Wilmslow Road, Manchester M20 4BX, UK
Med Pediatr Oncol 39:573-80. 2002..Studies evaluating the role of combination CT containing CBDCA vs. cDDP have demonstrated differing results depending on the tumor type tested and its role in the treatment of osteosarcoma has yet to be clarified...
- Inhibitory effects of antisense cathepsin B cDNA transfection on invasion and motility in a human osteosarcoma cell lineS Krueger
Department of Pathology, Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg, Germany
Cancer Res 59:6010-4. 1999..To investigate the role of cathepsin B in bone tumor invasion, the osteosarcoma cell line MNNG/HOS was stably transfected with an expression vector capable of expressing the antisense cDNA transcript of cathepsin B...
- The hydrogen-bonding network in heme oxygenase also functions as a modulator of enzyme dynamics: chaotic motions upon disrupting the H-bond network in heme oxygenase from Pseudomonas aeruginosaJuan Carlos Rodriguez
Ralph N Adams Institute for Bioanalytical Chemistry and Department of Chemistry, University of Kansas, Multidisciplinary Research Building, 2030 Becker Drive, Room 220 E, Lawrence, Kansas 66047, USA
J Am Chem Soc 129:11730-42. 2007..state pa-HO shows that residues involved in the network of structural hydrogen-bonded waters characteristic of HOs undergo micros-ms motions in pa-HO-CN, which was studied as a model of the highly paramagnetic S = 5/2 resting ..
- Reactive oxygen species, total antioxidant concentration of seminal plasma and their effect on sperm parameters and outcome of IVF/ICSI patientsM E Hammadeh
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Saarlandes, 66421 Homburg Saar, Germany
Arch Gynecol Obstet 277:515-26. 2008..of IVF (in vitro fertilization) and ICSI patients, to establish their effect on sperm quality (count, vitality, HOS, morphology, maturity, DNA strand breaks) and assess the fertilization potential of spermatozoa and IVF/ICSI outcome...
- Magnetically labeled human natural killer cells, accumulated in vitro by an external magnetic force, are effective against HOS osteosarcoma cellsYuko Nakashima
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima University, Hiroshima 734 8551, Japan
Int J Oncol 27:965-71. 2005..killer (NK) cell delivery system in vitro, and also investigated the antitumor effect of the accumulated cells on HOS osteosarcoma cells...
- Effect of interesterification of palmitic acid-rich triacylglycerol on postprandial lipid and factor VII responseSarah E E Berry
Department of Nutrition and Dietetics, Nutritional Sciences Research Division, King s College London, Franklin Wilkins Building, 150 Stamford Street, London, SE1 9NH, UK
Lipids 42:315-23. 2007..g fat [interesterified palm oil (IPO) versus native palm oil (NPO); n=20, and IPO versus high-oleic sunflower oil (HOS); n=18], on postprandial changes in lipids, glucose, insulin, chylomicron composition and FVIIa...
- Efficacy of the third-generation bisphosphonate risedronate alone and in combination with anticancer drugs against osteosarcoma cell linesTakashi Murayama
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Kagoshima Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Kagoshima, Japan
Anticancer Res 28:2147-54. 2008..However, the efficacies of BPs against osteosarcoma have not yet been fully elucidated, and the anti-osteosarcoma activity of the potent new-generation BP risedronate, which is widely used clinically, has not been determined...
- Spectroscopic insights into axial ligation and active-site H-bonding in substrate-bound human heme oxygenase-2Jessica D Gardner
Department of Chemistry, University of Wisconsin Madison, 1101 University Ave, Madison, WI 53706, USA
J Biol Inorg Chem 15:1117-27. 2010Heme oxygenases (HOs) are monooxygenases that catalyze the first step in heme degradation, converting heme to biliverdin with concomitant release of Fe(II) and CO from the porphyrin macrocycle...
- The effect of colloid osmotic pressure in human spermatozoa exposed to hypoosmotic conditionsJ R Correa-Perez
Centro de Fertilidad del Caribe, Torre San Francisco Suite 606, 3659 Ave de Diego, Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico 00923
Andrologia 35:117-20. 2003..A stock hypoosmotic solution (HOS) was prepared by using a mixture of fructose and sodium citrate and adjusted to an osmotic pressure of 150 mOsm l-1...
- Initial report from the Hunter Outcome SurveyJ Edmond Wraith
From the 1Willink Biochemical Genetics Unit, Royal Manchester Children s Hospital, Manchester, United Kingdom
Genet Med 10:508-16. 2008..The Hunter Outcome Survey (HOS) was established to better describe the natural history of this disorder and to evaluate the long-term effect of ..
- Heme oxygenase-1 and neurodegeneration: expanding frontiers of engagementHyman M Schipper
Centre for Neurotranslational Research, Lady Davis Institute for Medical Research, Jewish General Hospital, Department of Neurology and Neurosurgery, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Neurochem 110:469-85. 2009The heme oxygenases (HOs), responsible for the degradation of heme to biliverdin/bilirubin, free iron and CO, have been heavily implicated in mammalian CNS aging and disease...
- Chemokine receptor CXCR4-beta1 integrin axis mediates tumorigenesis of osteosarcoma HOS cellsKohei Miura
BioTherapeutics Research Group, Robarts Research Institute and Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Western Ontario, London, ON N6A 5K8, Canada
Biochem Cell Biol 83:36-48. 2005..In the present study, the beta1 integrin-chemokine axis is assessed using human osteosarcoma (HOS) transfectant cells expressing the CXCR4 receptor for chemokine SDF-1 (CXCL12)...
- Geriatrics attitudes and knowledge among surgical and medical subspecialty house officersLewis P Krain
Department of Psychiatry, Ann Arbor Veterans Affairs Medical Center, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 55:2056-60. 2007To examine geriatrics knowledge and attitudes of non-primary care house officers (HOs) before and after a multidisciplinary faculty development program.
- Progesterone receptor as an indicator of sperm functionSushama Gadkar
Institute for Research in Reproduction, Indian Council of Medical Research, Parel, Mumbai 400 012, India
Biol Reprod 67:1327-36. 2002..n = 9), and teratozoospermia (n = 10) were exposed to low osmotic conditions in the hypoosmotic swelling (HOS) test and then analyzed for PR expression using P-FITC-BSA complex. A significantly higher percentage (P < 0...
- A quantitative immunochemical faecal occult blood test is more efficient for detecting significant colorectal neoplasia than a sensitive guaiac testZ Levi
Department of Gastroenterology, Rabin Medical Center, Beilinson Hospital, Petach Tikva, Israel
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 23:1359-64. 2006The sensitive guaiac faecal occult blood test, Haemoccult SENSA (HOS; Beckman Coulter, Fullerton, CA, USA), is our standard screening test for significant colorectal neoplasia...
- Functionally significant mutations in the Epstein-Barr virus LMP1 gene and their role in activation of cell signaling pathwaysS V Diduk
Blokhin Cancer Research Center, Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, Moscow, 115478, Russia
Biochemistry (Mosc) 73:1134-9. 2008..motifs within LMP1 are responsible for interaction of this viral protein with the receptor protein beta-TrCP/HOS SCF of the ubiquitin ligase E3 complex, playing an important role in degradation of numerous cellular proteins ..
- Synthesis and secretion of plasminogen activators and collagenases in human cells transformed by Kirsten murine sarcoma virus and N-methyl-N'-nitro-N-nitrosoguanidineM K Sidhu
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, UMDNJ New Jersey Medical School, Newark 07103
Cancer Lett 47:45-51. 1989..levels of plasminogen activators and collagenases have been examined in the nonmalignant human osteosarcoma (HOS), the malignant Kirsten murine sarcoma virus transformed (KHOS/NP), the temperature sensitive revertant of virus ..
- Comparative analysis of results of guaiac and immunochemical tests for faecal occult blood in colorectal cancer screening in two oncological institutionsG Castiglione
Centro per lo Studio e la Prevenzione Oncologica, Florence, Italy
Eur J Cancer Prev 3:399-405. 1994The performances of three faecal occult blood tests, rehydrated Hemoccult (HOR), Hemoccult sensa (HOS) and Hemeselect (HSEL) on 3 days were compared in 1,725 subjects consecutively recruited in two oncological institutions in Milan and ..
- Diverse mechanisms of osteoblast spreading on hydroxyapatite and titaniumT Matsuura
Dental Research Center, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 27599 7450, USA
Biomaterials 21:1121-7. 2000..We previously demonstrated that RGD peptides regulate the spreading of HOS cells on HA but not on titanium, speculating that the osteoconductivity of HA might be attributed to this RGD ..
- Expression of estrogen receptors alfa and beta mRNA and alkaline phosphatase in the differentiation of osteoblasts from elderly postmenopausal women: comparison with osteoblasts from osteosarcoma cell linesFang Ping Chen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Keelung Chang Gung Memorial Hospital and Chang Gung University, Keelung, Taiwan
Taiwan J Obstet Gynecol 45:307-12. 2006..the expression of estrogen receptors (ER) alpha and beta, and activity of alkaline phosphatase during differentiation of primary osteoblast cells (hOB) from aged postmenopausal women and human osteosarcoma cell lines (HOS, MG63).
- Functional imaging of multidrug resistance in an orthotopic model of osteosarcoma using 99mTc-sestamibiCélia M F Gomes
Department of Radiology, Section of Nuclear Medicine, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 34:1793-803. 2007..The purpose of this work was the development of an orthotopic model of osteosarcoma based on luciferase-expressing tumour cells for the in vivo imaging of multidrug resistance (MDR) with (99m)Tc-sestamibi...
- Evidence of validity for the hip outcome score in hip arthroscopyRobroy L Martin
Duquesne University, Center for Sports Medicine, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center corrected Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15282, USA
Arthroscopy 23:822-6. 2007The purpose of this study was to provide evidence of validity for the Hip Outcome Score (HOS) as an outcome instrument in hip arthroscopy.
- Nerve growth factor induces anti-apoptotic heme oxygenase-1 in rat pheochromocytoma PC12 cellsHeling Liu
Cardiovascular Research Center of the Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, Massachusetts, USA
J Neurochem 86:1553-63. 2003Nerve growth factor (NGF) and heme oxygenases (HOs) both exert neuroprotective effects...
- sall4 acts downstream of tbx5 and is required for pectoral fin outgrowthSteven A Harvey
Division of Developmental Biology, MRC National Institute for Medical Research, Mill Hill, London NW7 1AA, UK
Development 133:1165-73. 2006..Mutations in the T-box transcription factor TBX5 cause Holt-Oram syndrome (HOS), which results in forelimb and heart defects...
- The effects of intravenous hyperoxygenated solution infusion on systemic oxygenation and intrapulmonary shunt during one-lung ventilation in pigsChangjun Gao
Department of Anesthesiology, Tangdu Hospital, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, Shaanxi Province, China
J Surg Res 159:653-9. 2010..The aim of this study was to investigate whether intravenous hyperoxygenated solution (HOS) infusion would improve systemic oxygenation and reduce intrapulmonary shunt during OLV.
- Mortality and cause of death in mucopolysaccharidosis type II-a historical review based on data from the Hunter Outcome Survey (HOS)S A Jones
Willink Unit, Genetic Medicine, Manchester Academic Health Science Centre, Central Manchester University Hospitals, NHS Foundation Trust, St Mary s Hospital, Manchester, UK
J Inherit Metab Dis 32:534-43. 2009..period in which patients died with age at death in 129 patients for whom data were entered retrospectively into HOS (Hunter Outcome Survey), the only large-scale, multinational observational study of patients with MPS II...
- Acid-, water- and high-temperature-stable ruthenium complexes for the total catalytic deoxygenation of glycerol to propaneDeeb Taher
Chemistry Department, Tafila Technical University, P O Box 179, Tafila 66110, Jordan
Chemistry 15:10132-43. 2009..In the presence of HOS(O)(2)CF(3) (triflic acid) as a dehydration co-catalyst they directly convert 1,2-hexanediol to n-hexanol and hexane...
- [Evaluation of corneal tissue processed by a reference Eye Bank]Reinaldo Ferreira da Silva
Hospital Oftalmológico de Sorocaba, Sorocaba, SP, Brasil
Arq Bras Oftalmol 72:673-6. 2009..corneas processed by Sorocaba Eye Bank (BOS) - SP and transplanted out of the Ophthalmology Hospital of Sorocaba (HOS), as well as the corneas that had re-entered in the BOS, being transplanted or not in the HOS, during the year of ..
- Curcumin induces cell cycle arrest and apoptosis in human osteosarcoma (HOS) cellsDuk Su Lee
Department of Biochemistry, School of Dentistry, Kyung Hee University, 1 Hoeki dong, Dongdaemoon Ku, Seoul 130 701, Korea
Anticancer Res 29:5039-44. 2009..In this study, we showed that curcumin induced cell cycle arrest followed by antiproliferation and apoptosis in human osteosarcoma (HOS) cells.
- HO1 mRNA and Protein do not Change in Parallel in Bronchial Biopsies of Patients After Long Term Exposure to Sulfur MustardMohammad Reza Nourani
Chemical Injury Research Center CIRC, Baqiyatallah Medical Sciences University, Tehran, Iran
Gene Regul Syst Bio 4:83-90. 2009..SM causes the endogenous production of reactive oxygen species (ROS).Heme oxygenases (HOs) are the rate-limiting enzyme for heme metabolism...
- Effects of the crude extract of Polygala tenuifolia Willd on human sperm in vitroYi Qiu
Key Laboratory for Improving Birth Outcome Technique, Shandong Provincial Institute of Science and Technology for Family Planning, Jinan 250002, China
J Zhejiang Univ Sci B 12:448-54. 2011..The hypo-osmotic swelling (HOS) test and the eosin Y (EY) staining were used to detect the integrity of sperm membrane and vitality...
- Experimental studies on the bone metabolism of male rats chronically exposed to cadmium intoxication using dual-energy X-ray absorptiometryH Yokota
Department of Radiology, Kanazawa Medical University, Uchinada, Kahoku, Ishikawa, Japan
Toxicol Ind Health 24:161-70. 2008..Six-week-old male Hos Donryu rats were used in this experiment...
- Simian immunodeficiency virus variants with differential T-cell and macrophage tropism use CCR5 and an unidentified cofactor expressed in CEMx174 cells for efficient entryF Kirchhoff
Institute for Clinical and Molecular Virology, University of Erlangen Nurnberg, Germany
J Virol 71:6509-16. 1997..to enter into the T-B hybrid cell line CEMx174 but had relatively little effect on entry into primary cells and HOS.CD4 cells expressing CCR5...
- The SCF(HOS/beta-TRCP)-ROC1 E3 ubiquitin ligase utilizes two distinct domains within CUL1 for substrate targeting and ubiquitin ligationK Wu
Derald H Ruttenberg Cancer Center, The Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029 6574, USA
Mol Cell Biol 20:1382-93. 2000..transfer and subsequent polymerization steps of this reaction require the coordinated action of Cdc34 and the SCF(HOS/beta-TRCP)-ROC1 E3 ligase complex, comprised of four subunits (Skp1, cullin 1 [CUL1], HOS/beta-TRCP, and ROC1)...
- Tbx5 associates with Nkx2-5 and synergistically promotes cardiomyocyte differentiationY Hiroi
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Tokyo Graduate School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Nat Genet 28:276-80. 2001..transcription factor Tbx5; mutations in TBX5 cause heart and limb malformations in Holt-Oram syndrome (HOS)...
- Effect of carboplatin on the functional integrity of the human sperm membrane in vitroWerner J Reiter
Department of Urology, University of Vienna, Austria
J Androl 23:338-40. 2002..5, 15, 30, and 60 ng) of carboplatin per 1 mL of SOL were prepared. Then, the hypoosmotic-swelling (HOS) test and the eosin test were performed on these samples and compared with the control (no carboplatin) group...
- Cell surface CCR5 density determines the postentry efficiency of R5 HIV-1 infectionYea Lih Lin
Institut de Genetique Humaine, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Unité Propre de Recherche 1142, Laboratoire d Immunologie de l Hôpital Saint Eloi, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:15590-5. 2002..We sorted HOS-CD4(+)-CCR5(+) cells into two subpopulations, HOS(high) and HOS(low), the former expressing seven times more cell ..
- Current advances in Holt-Oram syndromeTaosheng Huang
Division of Human Genetics, Department of Pediatrics, Unversity of California, Irvine, California 92697, USA
Curr Opin Pediatr 14:691-5. 2002..strongly suggest that genetic background or modifier genes play an important role in the phenotypic expression of HOS. Efforts to understand the intracellular pathway of TBX5 would provide a unique window onto the molecular basis of ..
- BMP-6-induced osteogenic differentiation of mesenchymal cell lines is not modulated by sex steroids and resveratrolReinhard Gruber
Dental School, Department of Oral Surgery, University of Vienna, Waehringerstrasse 25a, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Cytokine 23:133-7. 2003..MC3T3-E1 cells, preadipogenic ST2 cells, prechondrogenic ATDC5 cell) and human origin (osteosarcoma SaOS and HOS cells, primary bone marrow stromal cells) were cultured in the presence of recombinant BMP-6 under serum-free ..
- Structure and function of CC-chemokine receptor 5 homologues derived from representative primate species and subspecies of the taxonomic suborders Prosimii and AnthropoideaKevin J Kunstman
Department of Medicine, The Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
J Virol 77:12310-8. 2003..Constructed HOS.CD4 cell lines expressing the entire CCR5 homologue protein from each of the Anthropoidea species and subspecies ..
- Dual effects of IkappaB kinase beta-mediated phosphorylation on p105 Fate: SCF(beta-TrCP)-dependent degradation and SCF(beta-TrCP)-independent processingShai Cohen
Department of Biochemistry, Bruce Rappaport Faculty of Medicine, Technion Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa 31096, Israel
Mol Cell Biol 24:475-86. 2004..Yet processing still requires the activity of the ubiquitin system, as it is inhibited by dominant-negative UbcH5a. We suggest that IKKbeta mediates its two distinct effects by affecting, directly and indirectly, two different E3s...
- Psychometric deviance measured by MMPI in adoptees at high risk for schizophrenia and their adoptive controlsVirva Siira
Department of Psychiatry, University of Oulu, Box 5000, FIN 90014 Oulu, Finland
J Pers Assess 83:14-21. 2004..The HR group was found to be distinguishable based on deviant scores on the scales HOS and HYP, indicating emotional unresponsiveness, restricted affectivity, and decreased energy...
- [The role of CD44 in the proliferation, adhesiveness and invasiveness of osteosarcoma cell lines]Ting Sheng Peng
Department of Pathology, Sun Yat sen Medical College, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou 510080, China
Zhonghua Bing Li Xue Za Zhi 34:362-6. 2005..To study the influence of CD44 a cell-matrix adhesion molecule on the proliferation, adhesiveness and invasiveness of osteosarcoma cell lines, in order to investigate the growth and invasion mechanism of osteosarcoma...
- High energy shock waves enhance the cytotoxic effect of doxorubicin and methotrexate to human osteosarcoma cell linesAlessandra Palmero
Department of Paediatrics, Regina Margherita Children s Hospital, University of Turin, Italy
Oncol Rep 15:267-73. 2006..The effect of these combinations on SJSA-1, MG-63 and HOS human osteosarcoma cell lines were evaluated through incubation with doxorubicin or methotrexate and high energy ..
- Silencing of both beta-TrCP1 and HOS (beta-TrCP2) is required to suppress human immunodeficiency virus type 1 Vpu-mediated CD4 down-modulationChristophe Butticaz
Institute of Microbiology, University Hospital of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
J Virol 81:1502-5. 2007..Mammals possess a homologue of beta-TrCP1, HOS, which is also named beta-TrCP2...
- Lack of p53 augments thymoquinone-induced apoptosis and caspase activation in human osteosarcoma cellsMartin Roepke
Department of Pathology, Otto von Guericke University of Magdeburg, Magdeburg, Germany
Cancer Biol Ther 6:160-9. 2007..survival dose-dependently and, more significantly, in p53-null MG63 cells (IC(50) = 17 muM) than in p53-mutant MNNG/HOS cells (IC(50) = 38 muM)...
- Expression of human glutathione S-transferase P1 mediates the chemosensitivity of osteosarcoma cellsGangxiong Huang
Division of Pediatrics, Unit 087, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 6:1610-9. 2007..In contrast, GSTP1 suppression in HOS cells caused more apoptosis and extensive DNA damage in response to doxorubicin and cisplatin...
- Tissue-like self-assembly in cocultures of endothelial cells and osteoblasts and the formation of microcapillary-like structures on three-dimensional porous biomaterialsRonald E Unger
Institute of Pathology, REPAIR Lab, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz 55101, Germany
Biomaterials 28:3965-76. 2007..In cocultures of HDMEC and primary human osteoblast cells (HOS) or the human osteoblast-like cell line MG-63 on these biomaterials, a tissue-like self-assembly of cells occurred ..
- Site-specific ubiquitination exposes a linear motif to promote interferon-alpha receptor endocytosisK G Suresh Kumar
Department of Animal Biology and 2Mari Lowe Center for Comparative Oncology Research, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Cell Biol 179:935-50. 2007....
- Human T-cell leukemia virus type 1 infection leads to arrest in the G1 phase of the cell cycleMeihong Liu
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, MD 20814, USA
J Virol 82:8442-55. 2008..In contrast, cells of a human osteosarcoma lineage (HOS) continued to divide after HTLV-1 infection or Tax expression, albeit at a reduced growth rate and with mitotic ..
- The Cdc14B-Cdh1-Plk1 axis controls the G2 DNA-damage-response checkpointFlorian Bassermann
Department of Pathology, NYU Cancer Institute, New York University School of Medicine, 550 First Avenue, MSB 599, New York, NY 10016, USA
Cell 134:256-67. 2008..These findings define a novel pathway that is crucial for the G2 DNA-damage-response checkpoint...
- Prognostic value of various spermatological attributes as predictors of zona binding and zona penetration of buffalo (Bubalus bubalis) semenS Selvaraju
Reproductive Physiology Laboratory, Animal Physiology Division, National Institute of Animal Nutrition and Physiology, Bangalore, India
Reprod Domest Anim 44:6-11. 2009..05) was observed between the plasmalemma integrity as assessed by eosin--nigrosin stain and hypo-osmotic swelling (HOS) test. Furthermore, the percentage of cells positive for the HOS test, i.e. functional membrane integrity (51...
- Hedgehog signaling, epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition and miRNA (review)Yuriko Katoh
M and M Medical BioInformatics, Hongo 113 003, Japan
Int J Mol Med 22:271-5. 2008..absence of Hedgehog signaling, GLI1 is transcriptionally repressed, GLI2 is phosphorylated by GSK3 and CK1 for the FBXW11 (betaTRCP2)-mediated degradation, and GLI3 is processed to a cleaved repressor...
- Novel iron complexes bearing N6-substituted adenosine derivatives: synthesis, magnetic, 57Fe Mössbauer, DFT, and in vitro cytotoxicity studiesZdeněk Trávníček
Department of Inorganic Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Palacky University, Krizkovskeho 10, CZ 77147 Olomouc, Czech Republic
Bioorg Med Chem 16:8719-28. 2008..vitro cytotoxicity against the following human cancer cell lines: malignant melanoma (G-361), osteogenic sarcoma (HOS), chronic myelogenous leukemia (K-562), and breast adenocarcinoma (MCF-7)...
- Beta4 integrin promotes osteosarcoma metastasis and interacts with ezrinX Wan
Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892 1928, USA
Oncogene 28:3401-11. 2009..Furthermore, highly metastatic MNNG-HOS cells have increased levels of beta4 integrin...
- Causes and management of a high-output stomaM L Baker
Nutrition Support Team, Department of Dietetics, Leicester Royal Infirmary, University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust, Leicester, UK
Colorectal Dis 13:191-7. 2011Patients with a high-output stoma (HOS) (> 2000 ml/day) suffer from dehydration, hypomagnesaemia and under-nutrition. This study aimed to determine the incidence, aetiology and outcome of HOS.
- Evaluation of in vitro cytotoxicity and hepatotoxicity of platinum(II) and palladium(II) oxalato complexes with adenine derivatives as carrier ligandsRadim Vrzal
Department of Cell Biology and Genetics, Faculty of Science, Palacky University, Olomouc, Czech Republic
J Inorg Biochem 104:1130-2. 2010..G-361), lung carcinoma (A549), cervix epitheloid carcinoma (HeLa), breast adenocarcinoma (MCF7) and osteosarcoma (HOS) human cancer cell lines was studied...
- Effects of the molecular weight and the degree of deacetylation of chitosan oligosaccharides on antitumor activityJae Kweon Park
Department of Biotechnology, The Catholic University of Korea, Bucheon, Gyeonggi do 420 743, Korea E Mails J K P M J C H N C
Int J Mol Sci 12:266-77. 2011..into two major fractions: (1) COS, consisting of glucosamine (GlcN)(n), n = 3-5 with DDA 100%; and (2) HOS, consisting of (GlcN)(5) as the minimum residues and varying number of N-acetylglucosamine (GlcNAc)(n), n = 1-2 ..
- Novel quinazoline HMJ-30 induces U-2 OS human osteogenic sarcoma cell apoptosis through induction of oxidative stress and up-regulation of ATM/p53 signaling pathwayYu Jen Chiu
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, China Medical University, No 91, Hsueh Shih Road, Taichung 404, Taiwan
J Orthop Res 29:1448-56. 2011..Our results demonstrated that HMJ-30 significantly reduced cell viabilities of U-2 OS, HOS, and 143B cells in a dose-dependent manner, but it exhibited low cytotoxicity in normal hFOB cells...
- RNAi-mediated COPS3 gene silencing inhibits metastasis of osteogenic sarcoma cellsT Yan
Musculoskeletal Tumor Center, Peking University People s Hospital, Beijing, China
Cancer Gene Ther 18:450-6. 2011..between a poorly metastatic osteosarcoma cell line (SAOS-2) and highly metastatic osteosarcoma cell line (HOS) showed stronger expression of COPS3 in HOS cells...
- Evaluation of higher order statistics parameters for multi channel sEMG using different force levelsGanesh R Naik
School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, RMIT University, Melbourne, Austrralia
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 2011:3869-72. 2011..deals with evaluating the non-Gaussianity in Surface Electromyogram signal (sEMG) using higher order statistics (HOS) parameters...
- Anti-angiogenic and anti-tumor activity of Bavachinin by targeting hypoxia-inducible factor-1αManoj Nepal
Department of Dental Pharmacology, School of Dentistry, and Brain Korea 21 Project, Chonbuk National University, Jeon Ju, Chonbuk561 756, Republic of Korea
Eur J Pharmacol 691:28-37. 2012..Bavachinin inhibited increases in HIF-1α activity in human KB carcinoma (HeLa cell derivative) and human HOS osteosarcoma cells under hypoxia in a concentration-dependent manner, probably by enhancing the interaction between ..
- Low hypoosmotic swelling test scores correlate better with lower percent motility than any other abnormal semen parametersJ H Check
The University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School at Camden Cooper Hospital University Medical Center, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, Camden, NJ, USA
Clin Exp Obstet Gynecol 39:137-8. 2012To determine if any single abnormal semen parameter is associated with low hypoosmotic swelling (HOS) test scores.
- TRPV4 partially participates in proliferation of human brain capillary endothelial cellsNoriyuki Hatano
Laboratory of Cellular Pharmacology, School of Pharmacy, Aichi Gakuin University, 1 100 Kusumoto, Chikusa, Nagoya 464 8650, Japan
Life Sci 92:317-24. 2013..In this study, we show that TRPV4 activated by 4α-phorbol 12,13-didecanoate (4αPDD) and hypo-osmotic stimulation (HOS) is a regulator of intracellular calcium ([Ca(2+)](i)) in human brain capillary endothelial cells (HBCEs), and its ..
- MicroRNA-106b-25 cluster targets β-TRCP2, increases the expression of Snail and enhances cell migration and invasion in H1299 (non small cell lung cancer) cellsUdainiya Savita
Department of Biotechnology, Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Chennai 600036, India
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 434:841-7. 2013....
- Application of non-linear and wavelet based features for the automated identification of epileptic EEG signalsU Rajendra Acharya
Department of Electronics and Computer Engineering, Ngee Ann Polytechnic, Singapore 599489
Int J Neural Syst 22:1250002. 2012..Non-linear features based on the Higher Order Spectra (HOS), two entropies, namely the Approximation Entropy (ApEn) and the Sample Entropy (SampEn), and Fractal Dimension and ..
- Biological performance of titania containing phosphate-based glasses for bone tissue engineering applicationsEnsanya Ali Abou Neel
Division of Biomaterials, Conservative Dental Sciences Department, King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia Biomaterials Department, Faculty of Dentistry, Tanta University, Tanta, Egypt Division of Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering, UCL Eastman Dental Institute, 256 Gray s Inn Road, London WC1X 8LD, United Kingdom Electronic address
Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl 35:307-13. 2014..of titania inclusion into the phosphate-based glass on its ability to stimulate osteoblast-like human osteosarcoma (HOS) cells to adhere, proliferate and differentiate...
- DERIVATION OF REVERTANTS OF RAS-TRANSFORMED HUMAN CELLSLEONARD BENADE; Fiscal Year: 1992..These cells, transformed by a single copy of the Kirsten murine sarcoma virus (KiMuSV) genome, were derived from HOS cells, which were originally cloned from a human osteosarcoma...
- RETROVIRAL INFECTION IN LGL LEUKEMIAThomas Loughran; Fiscal Year: 1993..Initial experiments will utilize the retrovirally-infected cocultured cell line, LGL 5-HOS, for retroviral isolation...
- ASISH KUMAR GHOSH; Fiscal Year: 2016..malignant cells are biologically active as a result of their ability to have both intimate and remote influences on hos stromal cells...
- Chou Zen Giam; Fiscal Year: 2014..By contrast, cells deficient in p21 and p27, such as HOS, escape Tax-IRS and continue to divide after HTLV-1 infection or Tax expression...
- Chou Zen Giam; Fiscal Year: 2014..By contrast, cells deficient in p21 and p27, such as HOS, escaped Tax- IRS and continue to divide after HTLV-1 infection or Tax expression...
- HEMOPROTEIN OXIDATION AND HEME CATABOLISMPaul R Ortiz de Montellano; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Heme oxygenases (HOs) oxidize heme to biliverdin, iron, and carbon monoxide (CO) via a complex, three-stage process that requires seven electrons and three molecules of O2...
- Let-7 miRNA control of heart developmentCathy J Hatcher; Fiscal Year: 2010..Mutations in TBX5, a member of the T-box transcription factor family, cause Holt-Oram syndrome (HOS), a heritable disorder characterized by cardiac and upper limb malformations...
- Serge Y Fuchs; Fiscal Year: 2015..abstract_text> ..
- Eric C Martens; Fiscal Year: 2016..central hypothesis that glycans in the intestine are present in a series of gradients (determined by their diet or hos origin and biochemical properties) and that individual bacterial species will be enriched in regions where their ..
- Functional characterization of Orientia tsutsugamushi ankryin repeat proteinsJason A Carlyon; Fiscal Year: 2013..To determine if they interact with hos cell factors that are critical for O...
- Paul S Fishman; Fiscal Year: 2014..These viral vectors integrate into the genome of the hos cells with the potential for tumor induction...
- The role of Lmp4 in the regulation of the cardiac transcription factor Tbx5Hans Georg Simon; Fiscal Year: 2010..in a variety of cardiac lineages and structures, and mutations in human TBX5 result in Holt-Oram syndrome (HOS), a disease characterized by congenital heart and limb defects...
- Eric L Hegg; Fiscal Year: 2015..critical for the biosynthesis of heme A and its subsequent insertion into subunit 1 (Cox1) of CcO: heme O synthase (HOS), heme A synthase (HAS) and Surf1/Shy1...
- Allelic variants of Salmonella fimbrial adhesinsDieter M Schifferli; Fiscal Year: 2013..Finally, adhesin alleles with the most significant congruence for specific hos species or for antibiotic resistance will be studied in vitro and in vivo for cause effect relationships...
- Defining mechanisms underlying Listeria monocytogenes cardiac infectionsNANCY ELIZABETH FREITAG; Fiscal Year: 2013..the use of immuno-spin capture technology to definitively identify cellular damage that occurs as a result of the hos inflammatory response to Lm infection...
- Ileana M Cristea; Fiscal Year: 2014..that these proteins are causative, or have association with human disease states: patients with Holt-Oram syndrome (HOS), a disease which also affects the heart and limbs, is associated with mis-sense mutations in Tbx5, genome wide ..
- The Genetics of Vulnerability to Nicotine AddictionsPAMELA ANN MADDEN; Fiscal Year: 2013..identified a strong linkage signal in both Australian and Finnish sibships, for our primary heaviness-of-smoking (HoS) phenotype, on Chr 22q12 (in updated analyses, multi-point LODs of 3.05 and 3.21 respectively)...
- Brian C VanderVen; Fiscal Year: 2014..Additionally, recent work has revealed that Mtb not only utilizes hos lipids as a nutrient source to supply energy producing and/or biosynthetic pathways but also actively processes ..
- Gene Interaction Study of Tbx5, Hh pathway and Osr1 in atrial septationLinglin Xie; Fiscal Year: 2013..Mutations in Tbx5 cause Holt-Oram syndrome (HOS) in humans, characterized by atrial or ventricular septal defects in the heart...
- Jonathan D Victor; Fiscal Year: 2014..implies that V1 neurons are sensitive to these distinguishing characteristics, namely, high-order statistics (HOS's)...
- Electronic/Molecular Structure of Enzyme Heme PocketsGERD LA MAR; Fiscal Year: 2009..We select three HOs, ispzyme #1 from human, hHO, and those from two pathogenic bacteria C. diphtheriae (CofHO) and N...
- The Genetics of Vulnerability to Nicotine AddictionsPamela Madden; Fiscal Year: 2007..identified a strong linkage signal in both Australian and Finnish subsamples for our primary heaviness-of-smoking (HoS) phenotype, on Chr 22 (combined single-point LOD 5.2, genome-wide significance, p=0.003)...
- A Genetic Approach to Organogenesis in XenopusFrank Conlon; Fiscal Year: 2006..A second example is Holt-Oram syndrome (HOS), a disease often associated with mutations in the coding region of the transcription factor TBX5, a gene also ..
- Requirements for the FGF/MAPK in early heart developmentFrank Conlon; Fiscal Year: 2007..A second example is the Holt-Oram syndrome (HOS), a disease associated with mutations in the coding region of the transcription factor TBX5...
- MOLECULAR GENETICS OF HOLT-ORAM SYNDROMECraig Basson; Fiscal Year: 2000..The genetic linkage analysis of the Holt-Oram Syndrome has previously mapped the disease gene locus (HOS) to human chromosome 12q with a combined multipoint LOD score of 25...
- Tbx5 Protein Networks And Heart/Limb Development DefectsHans Georg Simon; Fiscal Year: 2004..A reduced level of Tbx5 protein causes Holt-Oram syndrome (HOS), a disease characterized by developmental defects of the upper limbs and heart septation...
- REGULATION OF HEART CHAMBER FORMATION BY TBX5Katherine Yutzey; Fiscal Year: 2005..Mutations in the TBX5 have been identified in families with Holt-Oram Syndrome (HOS) which includes atrial septal defects and other cardiac anomalies...
- Individual Predoctoral Dental Scientist FellowshipChristopher Arena; Fiscal Year: 2004..features can modulate the attachment, morphology, proliferation, differentiation, and protein production of HOS TE85 cells in vitro in a predictable manner...
- MINORITY PREDOCTORAL FELLOWSHIP PROGRAMGabriel Pineda; Fiscal Year: 2006..The WD40 repeat motif binds phophorylated IkBa. A homolog of BTrCP is BTrCP2. The purpose of this grant is to determine whether BTrCP2 is a relevant IkB E3-ligase...
- Molecular Genetics of Carney ComplexCathy J Hatcher; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Study on the intracellular Network of TBX3Taosheng Huang; Fiscal Year: 2010..Elucidation of the TBX3- HDAC interaction will deepen our understanding of the functions of TBX3 and may also lead to the identification of a novel therapeutic target for breast cancer. ..
- Studies of a Novel Therapeutic Target in Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC)Ravi Salgia; Fiscal Year: 2011..Conduct an anti-c-Met phase I/I I clinical trial against NSCLC. Through the achievement of the goals proposed in these specific aims, we will arrive at novel therapy against c- Met in lung cancer. ..
- Heme Oxygenase: Structure, Function and PathogenesisAngela Wilks; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Roles of TBX3 and its Isoform, TBX3+2a, in Breast CancerTaosheng Huang; Fiscal Year: 2005..By working with both an animal model and tissue acquired from breast surgeries, the proposed research aims to optimize the clinical relevance of the work. ..
- Heme Acquisition in Shigella Dysenteriae.Angela Wilks; Fiscal Year: 2005..Once an understanding of the mechanism of heme transport in bacterial pathogens has been established the stage will be set for future design of selective inhibitors of heme transport. ..
- Bone and the Hematopoietic SystemRussell Taichman; Fiscal Year: 2004..These investigations will ultimately lead to new strategies for the treatment of hematopoietic and osseous disorders. ..
- Acquisition of FACSVantage SE Flow CytometerYair Gazitt; Fiscal Year: 2004..The new equipment will also widen the user's base, save sort time, reduce costs for users and will render sorting affordable to new users, especially in cases where low frequency (<1%) cell populations are sorted. ..
- The Role of Chemokines in Metastatic Prostate CancerRussell Taichman; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- ENHANCED THERAPY RESPONSE IN OSTEOSARCOMAGENE DIRESTA; Fiscal Year: 2001..The MSKCC Therapeutics faculty believes that the ALS, if successful in this model, has promise as an adjunct for limb salvage procedures and in the treatment of many unresectable or disfiguring tumors. ..