Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: FBXO3
Description: F-box protein 3
Alias: FBA, FBX3, F-box only protein 3, F-box protein FBX3
Publications193 found, 100 shown here
- cDNA cloning and expression analysis of new members of the mammalian F-box protein familyG P Ilyin
INSERM U522, Hopital Pontchaillou, Rennes, France
Genomics 67:40-7. 2000..Specifically, FBS and FBWD4 proteins contain Sec7 and WD40-repeat domains, respectively. The C-terminal region of FBA shares similarity with bacterial protein ApaG while FBG2 shows homology with the F-box protein NFB42...
- PML activates transcription by protecting HIPK2 and p300 from SCFFbx3-mediated degradationYutaka Shima
Molecular Oncology Division, National Cancer Center Research Institute, Tokyo, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 28:7126-38. 2008..To clarify the role of PML in transcription regulation, we purified the PML complex and identified Fbxo3 (Fbx3), Skp1, and Cullin1 as novel components of this complex...
- Reconstruction and flux analysis of coupling between metabolic pathways of astrocytes and neurons: application to cerebral hypoxiaTunahan Cakir
Department of Chemical Engineering, Bogazici University, 34342, Bebek, Istanbul, Turkey
Theor Biol Med Model 4:48. 2007..To simplify this task and make it more practicable, we undertook stoichiometric modeling of brain energy metabolism with the major aim of including the main interacting pathways in and between astrocytes and neurons...
- [Immunophenotypic features of acute myeloid leukemia with AML-1/ETO fusion gene]Jian Jun Zhang
Flow Cytomertry Laboratory, Department of Laboratory Medical Examination, Guangdong Provincial People s Hospital, Guangzhou 510080, China
Zhongguo Shi Yan Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi 15:378-81. 2007AML-1/ETO fusion gene is the frequent genetic lesion described in FBA M(2) type acute myeloid leukemia (AML-M(2)) and is associated with a favourable prognosis...
- Horizontal transfer of a eukaryotic plastid-targeted protein gene to cyanobacteriaMatthew B Rogers
Canadian Institute for Advanced Research, Department of Botany, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
BMC Biol 5:26. 2007..In particular, gene flow from eukaryotes to prokaryotes is rarely documented with strong support, which is unusual since prokaryotic genomes appear to readily accept foreign genes...
- Characterization of recombinant fructose-1,6-bisphosphate aldolase from Methylococcus capsulatus BathO N Rozova
Skryabin Institute of Biochemistry and Physiology of Microorganisms, Russian Academy of Sciences, Pushchino, Moscow Region, Russia
Biochemistry (Mosc) 75:892-8. 2010The gene fba from the thermotolerant obligate methanotroph Methylococcus capsulatus Bath was cloned and expressed in Escherichia coli BL21(DE3)...
- Fructose-1,6-bisphosphate aldolases in amitochondriate protists constitute a single protein subfamily with eubacterial relationshipsLidya Sánchez
The Rockefeller University, 1230 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
Gene 295:51-9. 2002Sequences of putative fructose-1,6-bisphospate aldolases (FBA) in five amitochondriate unicellular eukaryotes, the diplomonads Giardia intestinalis (published earlier) and Spironucleus barkhanus, the pelobiont Mastigamoeba balamuthi,the ..
- [Reliability of fetal pulse oximetry for the detection of fetal acidosis]B Seelbach-Göbel
Klinik fur Frauenheilkunde und Geburtshilfe, St Hedwig Perinatalzentrum, Krankenhaus der Barmherzigen Bruder, Lehrstuhl der Universität Regensburg, Schwerpunkt Geburtshilfe, Regensburg
Z Geburtshilfe Neonatol 209:43-50. 2005..In all cases fetal blood pH and base excess were determined repeatedly by fetal blood analysis (FBA)...
- Onchocerca volvulus glycolytic enzyme fructose-1,6-bisphosphate aldolase as a target for a protective immune response in humansJames S McCarthy
University of Western Australia, Department of Medicine, Fremantle Hospital, Fremantle, Western Australia, Australia
Infect Immun 70:851-8. 2002..an open reading frame of 363 amino acids encoding the glycolytic enzyme fructose 1,6 bisphosphate aldolase (Ov-fba-1)...
- Archaeal fructose-1,6-bisphosphate aldolases constitute a new family of archaeal type class I aldolaseB Siebers
Department of Microbiology, Universitat Essen, 45117 Essen, Germany
J Biol Chem 276:28710-8. 2001..For enzymatic studies the fba genes of T. tenax and P. furiosus were expressed in Escherichia coli...
- Proteome-based physiological analysis of the metabolically engineered succinic acid producer Mannheimia succiniciproducens LPK7Jeong Wook Lee
Metabolic and Biomolecular Engineering National Research Laboratory, Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering BK21 Program, BioProcess Engineering Research Center, KAIST, 335 Gwahangno, Yuseong Gu, Daejeon 305 701, Republic of Korea
Bioprocess Biosyst Eng 33:97-107. 2010..Ppa, SerS, ProS, Pnp, PotD, MalK, RbsB, and TbpA), pyruvate metabolism (AceF and Lpd), glycolysis (GapA, Pgk, Fba, and TpiA), and amino acid biosynthesis (Asd, DapA, DapD, Gdh, ArgD, and ArgG) varied significantly in the LPK7 ..
- Nuclear transfer protocol affects messenger RNA expression patterns in cloned bovine blastocystsC Wrenzycki
Department of Biotechnology, Institut für Tierzucht und Tierverhalten FAL, Mariensee, 31535 Neustadt, Germany
Biol Reprod 65:309-17. 2001..In experiment 1, employing either FBA (fusion before activation) or AFS (fusion and activation simultaneously) to generate NT blastocysts, Hsp mRNAs were ..
- Inhaled foreign bodies: management according to early or late presentationSameh Ibrahim Sersar
Cardiothoracic Surgery, Mansoura University, 35516, Egypt
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 28:369-74. 2005..aspirated foreign body (AFB), to evaluate the factors associated with delayed diagnosis of foreign body aspiration (FBA) in children and to compare clinical, radiological and bronchoscopic findings in the patients with suspected FBA...
- Foreign body aspiration in children: the value of diagnostic criteriaGursu Kiyan
Marmara University School of Medicine, Department of Pediatric Surgery, Tophanelioglu cad 13 15, Altunizade Uskudar, 34662 Istanbul, Turkey
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 73:963-7. 2009Foreign body aspiration (FBA) is a serious problem in children. While bronchoscopy should be performed in all patients with aspiration; patients without aspiration should be carefully excluded to avoid an unnecessary bronchoscopy...
- The antigen receptor (NCCRP-1) on catfish and zebrafish nonspecific cytotoxic cells belongs to a new gene family characterized by an F-box-associated domainLiliana Jaso-Friedmann
Department of Medical Microbiology and Parasitology, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Georgia, Athens, GA 30602 7386, USA
J Mol Evol 54:386-95. 2002..present in NCCRP-1) and an extremely conserved C-terminal region that has been termed the F-box-associated domain (FBA). The FBA is currently of unknown function...
- Recruitment of complement factor H-like protein 1 promotes intracellular invasion by group A streptococciVinod Pandiripally
Department of Microbiology, Molecular Genetics and Immunology, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City 66160, USA
Infect Immun 71:7119-28. 2003..b>Fba is an FHL-1 and FH binding protein expressed on the surface of the human pathogenic bacterium, Streptococcus ..
- Modeling Lactococcus lactis using a genome-scale flux modelAna Paula Oliveira
Fluxome Sciences A S, Søltofts Plads, Building 223, DK 2800 Kgs Lyngby, Denmark
BMC Microbiol 5:39. 2005..Flux balance analysis (FBA) and minimization of metabolic adjustment (MOMA) were used as modeling frameworks.
- Inhaled foreign bodies: presentation, management and value of history and plain chest radiography in delayed presentationSameh Ibrahim Sersar
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Mansoura University, 35516 Mansoura, Egypt
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 134:92-9. 2006..on the outcome of the procedure and to evaluate the factors associated with delayed diagnosis of FB aspiration (FBA) in children; and to compare clinical, radiologic and bronchoscopic findings in the patients with suspected FB ..
- Metabolic reconstruction and modeling of nitrogen fixation in Rhizobium etliOsbaldo Resendis-Antonio
Bioengineering Department, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, California, USA
PLoS Comput Biol 3:1887-95. 2007..Flux balance analysis (FBA) was performed, and the predicted active metabolic pathways agreed qualitatively with experimental observations...
- Genome-scale reconstruction and analysis of the Pseudomonas putida KT2440 metabolic network facilitates applications in biotechnologyJacek Puchałka
Synthetic and Systems Biology Group, Helmholtz Center for Infection Research HZI, Braunschweig, Germany
PLoS Comput Biol 4:e1000210. 2008..putida KT2440. Network reconstruction and flux balance analysis (FBA) enabled definition of the structure of the metabolic network, identification of knowledge gaps, and pin-pointing ..
- Management strategies in foreign-body aspirationPaola Zaupa
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Medical University of Graz, Austria, Europa paola zaupa meduni graz at
Indian J Pediatr 76:157-61. 2009..management algorithm to ensure effective teamwork in decreasing morbidity and mortality in pediatric Foreign-Body Aspirations (FBA). Furthermore, the role of flexible bronchoscopy when compared to rigid bronchoscopy in FBA was evaluated.
- Plasmid-dependent methylotrophy in thermotolerant Bacillus methanolicusTrygve Brautaset
Department of Biotechnology, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, N 7491 Trondheim SINTEF Applied Chemistry, SINTEF, N 7043 Trondheim, Norway
J Bacteriol 186:1229-38. 2004..ribulose-5-phosphate 3-epimerase; tkt, encoding transketolase; glpX, encoding fructose-1,6-bisphosphatase; and fba, encoding fructose-1,6-bisphosphate aldolase) with deduced roles in methanol assimilation via the ribulose ..
- The global repressor SugR controls expression of genes of glycolysis and of the L-lactate dehydrogenase LdhA in Corynebacterium glutamicumVerena Engels
Institute of Biotechnology I, Research Center Juelich, Juelich, Germany
J Bacteriol 190:8033-44. 2008..regions of genes of the glycolytic enzymes 6-phosphofructokinase (pfkA), fructose-1,6-bisphosphate aldolase (fba), enolase (eno), pyruvate kinase (pyk), and NAD-dependent L-lactate dehydrogenase (ldhA)...
- The heterodox nature of "Turban Pins" in foreign body aspiration; the central anatolian experienceMelih Kaptanoglu
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Cumhuriyet University, Sivas, Turkiye
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 71:553-8. 2007..The aim of this study is to determine the age and sex distribution and the nature of aspirated foreign bodies (FBs). We also compared Turban Pins (TP) with other FBs and discussed the extracting techniques...
- Multivalent II [beta-D-Galp-(1-->4)-beta-D-GlcpNAc] and Talpha [beta-D-Galp-(1-->3)-alpha-D-GalpNAc] specific Moraceae family plant lectin from the seeds of Ficus bengalensis fruitsBiswajit Singha
Department of Biological Chemistry, Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science, Jadavpur, Kolkata 700032, India
Carbohydr Res 342:1034-43. 2007..bengalensis agglutinin (FBA)...
- Structural basis for catalysis of a tetrameric class IIa fructose 1,6-bisphosphate aldolase from Mycobacterium tuberculosisScott D Pegan
Department of Medicinal Chemistry and Pharmacognosy, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60607, USA
J Mol Biol 386:1038-53. 2009..tuberculosis. The class IIa fructose 1,6-bisphosphate aldolase (FBA) enzyme from M. tuberculosis (MtFBA) has been proposed as one such target since it is upregulated in latent TB...
- Genetic modification of flux for flux prediction of mutantsQuanyu Zhao
Department of Bioscience and Bioinformatics, Kyushu Institute of Technology, 680 4 Kawazu, Iizuka, Fukuoka, Japan
Bioinformatics 25:1702-8. 2009..Some algorithms including flux balance analysis (FBA) and minimization of metabolic adjustment (MOMA) predict a flux distribution from a stoichiometric matrix in the ..
- The moonlighting protein fructose-1, 6-bisphosphate aldolase of Neisseria meningitidis: surface localization and role in host cell adhesionSarfraz A Tunio
Molecular Bacteriology and Immunology Group, Institute of Infection, Immunity and Inflammation, Centre for Biomolecular Sciences, University of Nottingham, Nottingham NG7 2RD, UK
Mol Microbiol 76:605-15. 2010Fructose-1, 6-bisphosphate aldolases (FBA) are cytoplasmic glycolytic enzymes, which despite lacking identifiable secretion signals, have also been found localized to the surface of several bacteria where they bind host molecules and ..
- Kinetics independent spectrometric analysis using non-linear calibration modelling and exploitation of concentration gradients generated by a flow-batch system for albumin and total protein determination in blood serumMargarida C Souza
Universidade Federal do Amazonas, Instituto de Ciências Exatas e Tecnologia, Brazil
Talanta 82:1027-32. 2010..It uses a non-linear calibration model that explores concentration gradients generated by a flow-batch analyser (FBA) for the samples, dye, and the single standard solution...
- Cyanophora paradoxa: nucleotide sequence and phylogeny of the nucleus encoded muroplast fructose-1,6-bisphosphate aldolaseA A Nickol
ZMBP, Pflanzenphysiologie, , Germany
Z Naturforsch C 55:991-1003. 2000..isolation of a clone encoding the nucleus-encoded muroplast class-II fructose-1,6-bisphosphate aldolase (class-II FBA). Its nucleotide sequence was determined...
- Comparing flux balance analysis to network expansion: producibility, sustainability and the scope of compoundsKai Kruse
Theoretical Biophysics, Insitute for Biology, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany
Genome Inform 20:91-101. 2008..The producibility of metabolites from available resources is investigated systematically using flux balance analysis (FBA) and network expansion...
- Laryngeal foreign body mistreated as recurrent laryngitis and croup for one yearSinan Atmaca
Department of Otolaryngology, Ondokuz Mayis University Faculty of Medicine, Samsun, Turkey
Turk J Pediatr 51:65-6. 2009Foreign body aspiration (FBA) is a common, dangerous problem among children of all ages...
- Sputum eosinophilia, airway hyperresponsiveness and airway narrowing in young adults with former asthmaJohsuke Hara
Respiratory Medicine, Cellular Transplantation Biology, Kanazawa University Graduate School of Medicine, Ishikawa, Japan
Allergol Int 57:211-7. 2008..30-80% of outgrown asthma subjects develop symptoms again later in life. We investigated inflammation and function of lower airway in adolescents with former asthma...
- Tracheobronchial foreign bodies in children: importance of accurate history and plain chest radiography in delayed presentationB Tokar
Departments of Paediatric Surgery and Radiology, Osmangazi University Faculty of Medicine, Eskisehir, Turkey
Clin Radiol 59:609-15. 2004To evaluate the factors associated with delayed diagnosis of foreign body aspiration (FBA) in children and to compare clinical, radiological and bronchoscopic findings in the patients with suspected FBA.
- Thin-section axial multidetector computed tomography and multiplanar reformatted imaging of children with suspected foreign-body aspiration: Is virtual bronchoscopy overemphasized?M Kocaoglu
Department of Radiology, Gulhane Military Medical School, Etlik, Ankara, Turkey
Acta Radiol 47:746-51. 2006..computed tomography (MDCT)-assisted virtual bronchoscopy (VB) to axial MDCT and multiplanar reformatted (MPR) imaging with respect to conventional bronchoscopy in the evaluation of children with suspected foreign-body aspiration (FBA).
- Late diagnosis of foreign body aspiration in children with chronic respiratory symptomsF Karakoc
Division of Pediatric Pulmonology, Marmara University, Istanbul, Turkey
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 71:241-6. 2007..Children with undiagnosed and retained foreign bodies (FBs) may present with persistent respiratory symptoms. Delayed diagnosis is an important problem in developing countries and several factors affect the delay...
- Understanding the adaptive growth strategy of Lactobacillus plantarum by in silico optimisationBas Teusink
Top Institute Food and Nutrition WCFS, Wageningen, The Netherlands
PLoS Comput Biol 5:e1000410. 2009..Hence, previous attempts to use FBA to predict metabolic fluxes in Lactobacillus plantarum failed, as this lactic acid bacterium produces lactate, even ..
- The antibiotic streptomycin assessed in a battery of in vitro tests for reproductive toxicologyK Lemeire
EggCentris NV, Z 1 Researchpark 310, B 1731 Zellik, Belgium
Toxicol In Vitro 21:1348-53. 2007..The follicle bio-assay (FBA) is a multiparametric long-term follicle culture system mimicking ovarian function; in vitro fertilisation (IVF) of ..
- Data reconciliation and parameter estimation in flux-balance analysisArvind U Raghunathan
Department of Chemical Engineering, Doherty Hall, 5000 Forbes Avenue, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
Biotechnol Bioeng 84:700-9. 2003Flux blance analysis (FBA) has been shown to be a very effective tool to interpret and predict the metabolism of various microorganisms when the set of available measurements is not sufficient to determine the fluxes within the cell...
- Thermodynamic constraints for biochemical networksDaniel A Beard
Biotechnology and Bioengineering Center, Department of Physiology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
J Theor Biol 228:327-33. 2004..Flux balance analysis (FBA) is based on the constraint of mass conservation; energy balance analysis (EBA) is based on non-equilibrium ..
- Phenological responses to temperature of an annual and a perennial Lesquerella speciesLiliana B Windauer
Departamento de Producción Vegetal, Faculdad de Agronomía, Universidad de Bunos Aires, Argentina
Ann Bot 94:139-44. 2004..The objective of this study was to examine differences in the phenology of L. fendleri and L. mendocina and in the response to temperature in both vegetative and reproductive phases...
- Extracellular matrix remodeling in children with airway foreign-body aspirationLan Fang Tang
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Zhejiang University Children s Hospital, School of Medicine, Zhugan Xiang, Hangzhou, China
Pediatr Pulmonol 38:140-5. 2004..of this study was to observe extracellular matrix remodeling in children with airway foreign-body aspiration (FBA) by detecting the expression of matrix metalloproteinase-9 (MMP-9), tissue inhibitor of matrix metalloproteinase-1 (..
- Glycolytic enzymes associated with the cell surface of Streptococcus pneumoniae are antigenic in humans and elicit protective immune responses in the mouseE Ling
Pediatric Infectious Disease Unit, Soroka University Medical Center and the Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva, Israel
Clin Exp Immunol 138:290-8. 2004..Two immunogenic proteins, fructose-bisphosphate aldolase (FBA) and glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase (GAPDH), and a control protein with known low immunogenicity, heat ..
- Preparation of 18F-human serum albumin: a simple and efficient protein labeling method with 18F using a hydrazone-formation methodYoung Soo Chang
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Bioconjug Chem 16:1329-33. 2005..Here, we report a novel and simple method which includes the preparation of [18F]fluorobenzaldehyde ([18F]FBA) and successive conjugation with hydrazinonicotinic acid-human serum albumin conjugate (HYNIC-HSA) via hydrazone ..
- Flux balance analysis in the era of metabolomicsJong Min Lee
Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of Virginia, PO Box 800759, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Brief Bioinform 7:140-50. 2006Flux balance analysis (FBA) has emerged as an effective means to analyse biological networks in a quantitative manner...
- Analysis of enzymopathies in the human red blood cells by constraint-based stoichiometric modeling approachesSaliha Durmuş Tekir
Department of Chemical Engineering, Bogazici University, 34342 Bebek Istanbul, Turkey
Comput Biol Chem 30:327-38. 2006..For the normal RBC metabolism, flux balance analysis (FBA) is performed via optimization of various alternative objective functions, and the maximization of production of ..
- The effect of activation treatments on the development of reconstructed bovine oocytesP C Shen
Department of Animal Science, National Pingtung University of Science and Technology, Pingtung 912, Taiwan, ROC
Anim Reprod Sci 106:1-12. 2008..05). Reconstructed oocytes activated 4h after fusion (fusion before activation, FBA) had a higher blastocyst rate than those oocytes activated immediately after electrofusion (fusion and activation ..
- Effects of prolonged exposure to alkaline pH on Enterococcus faecalis survival and specific gene transcriptsO K Appelbe
Department of Cariology, Restorative Sciences and Endodontics, The University of Michigan, School of Dentistry, MI 48109, USA
Oral Microbiol Immunol 22:169-74. 2007..We investigated the survival and gene expression of E. faecalis maintained in alkaline media...
- Differential expression of Haemophilus parasuis genes in response to iron restriction and cerebrospinal fluidDevon S Metcalf
Department of Pathobiology, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario
Can J Vet Res 71:181-8. 2007..polymerase chain reaction, we found that homologues of genes encoding fructose bisphosphate aldolase (fba), adenylosuccinate synthetase (purA), 2',3'-cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase (cpdB), lipoprotein signal ..
- Photosensitivity in Smith-Lemli-Opitz syndrome: a flux balance analysis of altered metabolismBell Raj Eapen
Kaya Skin Clinic, Dubai, UAE
Bioinformation 2:78-82. 2007..A Flux Balance Analysis (FBA) has been carried out using the software CellNetAnalyzer or FluxAnalyzer to gain insight into the probable effects ..
- Effect of cement selection and finishing technique on marginal opening of cast gold inlaysCharles V Farrell
Department of Restorative Dentistry, School of Dentistry, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98225 4035, USA
J Prosthet Dent 99:287-92. 2008..With increasing interest in using resin and resin-modified glass ionomer cements for this purpose, marginal adaptation with use of these newer cements must be assessed...
- "Severe" wear challenge to 36 mm mechanically enhanced highly crosslinked polyethylene hip linersJ G Bowsher
Department of Orthopaedics, Loma Linda University Medical Center, Loma Linda, California 92354, USA
J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater 86:253-63. 2008..in volumetric wear a 13% reduction in wear particle size and a 27% reduction in Functional Biological Activity (FBA) compared to our control...
- A flow-batch analyzer with piston propulsion applied to automatic preparation of calibration solutions for Mn determination in mineral waters by ET AASLuciano F Almeida
Universidade Federal de Pernambuco, CCEN, Departamento de Quimica Fundamental, Brazil
Talanta 73:906-12. 2007..Flow-batch analyzers (FBA) have been successfully applied to implement analytical procedures, such as: titrations, sample pre-treatment, ..
- Heat pretreatment alleviates UV-B toxicity in the cyanobacterium Anabaena doliolum: A proteomic analysis of cross toleranceYogesh Mishra
Center of Advanced Study in Botany, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India
Photochem Photobiol 85:824-33. 2009..phycobilisome core component (PBS-CC), iron superoxide dismutase (Fe-SOD), fructose-1,6-bisphosphate aldolase (FBA), nucleoside diphosphate kinase (NDPK), phosphoribulokinase (PRK) and ribulose-1,5-bisphosphate carboxylase/..
- Contorted and ordinary body postures in the human brainEmily S Cross
School of Psychology, University of Nottingham, University Park, Nottingham, NG7 2RD, UK
Exp Brain Res 204:397-407. 2010..of body representation implicates several brain regions including extrastriate and fusiform body areas (EBA and FBA), superior temporal sulcus (STS), inferior frontal gyrus (IFG) and inferior parietal lobule (IPL)...
- Omic data from evolved E. coli are consistent with computed optimal growth from genome-scale modelsNathan E Lewis
Department of Bioengineering, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0412, USA
Mol Syst Biol 6:390. 2010..of adaptive evolution at exponential growth, Escherichia coli grows as predicted using flux balance analysis (FBA) on genome-scale metabolic models (GEMs)...
- Brillouin amplification in phase coherent transfer of optical frequencies over 480 km fiberO Terra
Physikalisch Technische Bundesanstalt, Bundesallee 100, 38116 Braunschweig, Germany
Opt Express 18:16102-11. 2010We describe the use of fiber Brillouin amplification (FBA) for the coherent transmission of optical frequencies over a 480 km long optical fiber link...
- Theoretical predictions for ionization cross sections of DNA nucleobases impacted by light ionsC Champion
Laboratoire de Physique Moléculaire et des Collisions, ICPMB FR CNRS 2843, Institut de Physique, Universite Paul Verlaine Metz, 1 Bd Arago, 57078 Metz Cedex 3, France
Phys Med Biol 55:6053-67. 2010..The calculations are performed within the first-order Born approximation (FBA) with biological targets described at the restricted Hartree-Fock level with geometry optimization...
- Angiotensin-II-directed glomerulosa cell function in fetal adrenal cellsW E Rainey
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, The Green Center for Reproductive Biology Sciences, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Dallas, TX 72535 9032, USA
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 43:847-54. 1992..Herein, we used primary cultures of fetal bovine adrenal (FBA) cells to examine the effects of A-II on aldosterone production and the expression of aldosterone synthase ..
- Software applications toward quantitative metabolic flux analysis and modelingThomas Dandekar
Department of Bioinformatics, Biocenter, University of Wuerzburg, Am Hubland, 97074 Wuerzburg, Germany Tel 49 931 318 4551 Fax 49 931 318 4552
Brief Bioinform 15:91-107. 2014..Metabolic modeling elucidates in silico all the possible flux pathways (flux balance analysis, FBA) and predicts the actual fluxes under a given situation, further refinement of these models is possible by ..
- A comprehensive analysis of interaction and localization of Arabidopsis SKP1-like (ASK) and F-box (FBX) proteinsHirofumi Kuroda
Plant Functional Genomics Research Group, Plant Science Center, RIKEN Yokohama Institute, Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan
PLoS ONE 7:e50009. 2012..a preference for interacting with ASK proteins depending on the domains they contain such as the FBX-associated (FBA) domain, the Kelch domain and leucine rich repeat (LRR)...
- Tracheobronchial Foreign Body Aspirations: Lessons Learned From a 10-year AuditJai Kumar Mahajan
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Advanced Pediatric Centre, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, India
J Bronchology Interv Pulmonol 18:223-8. 2011BACKGROUND : Foreign body aspirations (FBA) in the tracheobronchial tree must be suspected in children who present with a witnessed history of choking or respiratory distress of sudden onset and asymmetric breath sounds, even in the ..
- Fully automated synthesis of 4-[18F]fluorobenzylamine based on borohydride/NiCl2 reductionJenilee Way
Department of Oncology, University of Alberta, Edmonton AB, T6G 1Z2, Canada
Nucl Med Biol 40:430-6. 20134-[(18)F]Fluorobenzylamine ([(18)F]FBA) is an important building block for the synthesis of (18)F-labeled compounds...
- Modelling metabolic CO₂ evolution--a fresh perspective on respirationLee J Sweetlove
Department of Plant Sciences, University of Oxford, South Parks Road, Oxford OX1 3RB, UK
Plant Cell Environ 36:1631-40. 2013..a mechanistic model of respiration is lacking, and so here we explore the potential for flux balance analysis (FBA) to predict cellular CO₂ evolution rates...
- On the limitations of standard statistical modeling in biological systems: a full Bayesian approach for biologyJaime Gómez-Ramirez
Okayama University, Biomedical Engineering Laboratory, 3 1 1 Tsushimanaka, Kita ku 700 8530, Japan Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, José Gutiérrez Abascal, 2, Madrid 28006, Spain Electronic address
Prog Biophys Mol Biol 113:80-91. 2013..We introduce a full Bayesian approach (FBA), a theoretical framework to study biological function, in which probability distributions are conditional on ..
- Flux imbalance analysis and the sensitivity of cellular growth to changes in metabolite poolsEd Reznik
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS Comput Biol 9:e1003195. 2013Stoichiometric models of metabolism, such as flux balance analysis (FBA), are classically applied to predicting steady state rates - or fluxes - of metabolic reactions in genome-scale metabolic networks...
- Targeting F box protein Fbxo3 to control cytokine-driven inflammationRama K Mallampalli
Division of Pulmonary, Allergy, and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15213
J Immunol 191:5247-55. 2013..We discovered that a ubiquitin E3 ligase F box component, termed Fbxo3, potently stimulates cytokine secretion from human inflammatory cells by mediating the degradation of the TRAF ..
- Incorporation of a triglutamyl spacer improves the biodistribution of synthetic affibody molecules radiofluorinated at the N-terminus via oxime formation with (18)F-4-fluorobenzaldehydeDaniel Rosik
Division of Protein Technology, School of Biotechnology, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden
Bioconjug Chem 25:82-92. 2014..The use of oxime formation between an aminooxy-functionalized peptide and (18)F-fluorobenzaldehyde ((18)F-FBA) is a promising way of radiolabeling of targeting peptides...
- Incorporation of flexible objectives and time-linked simulation with flux balance analysisElsa W Birch
Chemical Engineering, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
J Theor Biol 345:12-21. 2014We present two modifications of the flux balance analysis (FBA) metabolic modeling framework which relax implicit assumptions of the biomass reaction...
- Structural and functional characterization of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus's class IIb fructose 1,6-bisphosphate aldolaseGlenn C Capodagli
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Denver, Denver, Colorado 80208, United States
Biochemistry 53:7604-14. 2014..Regrettably, scarce biochemical data and no structural data are currently available for the class II FBA found in MRSA (SaFBA)...
- Is the whole the sum of its parts? Configural processing of headless bodies in the right fusiform gyrusDenise Soria Bauser
Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience, Department of Neuropsychology, Faculty of Psychology, Ruhr University Bochum, Universitatsstrase 150, 44780 Bochum, Germany Electronic address
Behav Brain Res 281:102-10. 2015..The right fusiform body area (FBA) showed a preference for whole bodies compared to the sum of their parts as the right and left fusiform face area ..
- Hepatocytes maintain greater fluorescent bile acid accumulation and greater sensitivity to drug-induced cell death in three-dimensional matrix cultureJohn W Murray
Department of Anatomy and Structural Biology, Division of Gastroenterology and Liver Diseases, Marion Bessin Liver Research Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, New York
Physiol Rep 2:. 2014..Hepatocytes were found to accumulate fluorescent bile acid (FBA) at significantly higher levels than the related fluorophores, carboxyfluorescein diacetate, (4...
- How Parents' Lack of Awareness Could Be Associated With Foreign Body Aspiration in ChildrenAlkistis Adramerina
From the Department of Medical Pediatrics, General Hospital of Drama, Drama, Greece
Pediatr Emerg Care 32:98-100. 2016Foreign body aspiration (FBA) in preschool children is a worldwide challenging clinical problem that can result in life-threatening complications. Three cases of FBA in preschool children are presented...
- Fast-SL: an efficient algorithm to identify synthetic lethal sets in metabolic networksAditya Pratapa
Department of Biotechnology, Bhupat and Jyoti Mehta School of Biosciences and
Bioinformatics 31:3299-305. 2015..synthetic lethal genes in genome-scale metabolic networks have built on the framework of flux balance analysis (FBA), extending it either to exhaustively analyze all possible combinations of genes or formulate the problem as a bi-..
- Genome-scale modelling of microbial metabolism with temporal and spatial resolutionMichael A Henson
Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA 01003, U S A
Biochem Soc Trans 43:1164-71. 2015..The extension of flux balance analysis (FBA) to account for both temporal and spatial variations in the environment is termed spatiotemporal FBA (SFBA)...
- Characterizing the optimal flux space of genome-scale metabolic reconstructions through modified latin-hypercube samplingNeha Chaudhary
Laboratory of Genetic Engineering and Molecular Biology, School of Biotechnology, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi 110067, India
Mol Biosyst 12:994-1005. 2016..Metabolic Reconstructions (GSMRs), along with optimization-based methods, predominantly Flux Balance Analysis (FBA) and its derivatives, are widely applied for assessing and predicting the behavior of metabolic networks upon ..
- Streptococcus pneumoniae fructose-1,6-bisphosphate aldolase, a protein vaccine candidate, elicits Th1/Th2/Th17-type cytokine responses in miceShirin Elhaik Goldman
Pediatric Infectious Disease Unit, Soroka University Medical Center, Beer Sheva 84100, Israel
Int J Mol Med 37:1127-38. 2016..pneumoniae. Fructose-1,6-bisphosphate aldolase (FBA) is a glycolytic enzyme, which was found to localize to the bacterial surface, where it functions as an adhesin...
- Whole Cell Modeling: From Single Cells to ColoniesJohn A Cole
Department of Physics, University of Illinois, Urbana Champaign, 1110 West Green Street, Urbana, IL 61801 USA
Isr J Chem 54:1219-1229. 2014..in models of whole cells; the latter to the development of a method we call population flux balance analysis (FBA)...
- Metabolic constraints for a novel symbiosisMegan E S Sørensen
Department of Biology, University of York, York YO10 5GG, UK
R Soc Open Sci 3:150708. 2016..Here, we apply metabolic modelling, using flux balance analysis (FBA), to predict the metabolic adaptations necessary for this previously free-living symbiont to transition to the ..
- A systems biology approach to reconcile metabolic network models with application to Synechocystis sp. PCC 6803 for biofuel productionReza Mohammadi
Laboratory of Systems Biology and Bioinformatics LBB, Institute of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran
Mol Biosyst 12:2552-61. 2016..Then, after modeling for biofuel production, the results from flux balance analysis (FBA) disclosed an increased yield in biofuel production for ethanol, isobutanol, 3-methyl-1-butanol, 2-methyl-1-butanol,..
- From DNA to FBA: How to Build Your Own Genome-Scale Metabolic ModelDaniel A Cuevas
Computational Science Research Center, San Diego State University, San Diego CA, USA
Front Microbiol 7:907. 2016..Flux-balance analysis (FBA), a linear programming technique that uses metabolic models to predict the phenotypic responses imposed by ..
- Improved Metabolic Models for E. coli and Mycoplasma genitalium from GlobalFit, an Algorithm That Simultaneously Matches Growth and Non-Growth Data SetsDaniel Hartleb
Institute for Computer Science and Cluster of Excellence on Plant Sciences, Heinrich Heine University, Dusseldorf, Germany
PLoS Comput Biol 12:e1005036. 2016Constraint-based metabolic modeling methods such as Flux Balance Analysis (FBA) are routinely used to predict the effects of genetic changes and to design strains with desired metabolic properties...
- Fructose 1,6-Bisphosphate Aldolase, a Novel Immunogenic Surface Protein on Listeria SpeciesMarcelo Mendonça
Laboratório de Imunologia Aplicada, Núcleo de Biotecnologia, Centro de Desenvolvimento Tecnológico, Universidade Federal de Pelotas, Pelotas, RS, Brazil
PLoS ONE 11:e0160544. 2016..In the present work, using mass spectrometry and genetic cloning, we show that fructose-1,6-bisphosphate aldolase (FBA) class II in Listeria species is the antigen target of the previously described mAb-3F8...
- Metabolic modelling in a dynamic evolutionary framework predicts adaptive diversification of bacteria in a long-term evolution experimentTobias Großkopf
School of Life Sciences, University of Warwick, Coventry, UK
BMC Evol Biol 16:163. 2016..However, analysing these models via flux balance analysis (FBA) cannot predict many evolutionary outcomes including adaptive diversification, whereby an ancestral lineage ..
- Differential Reinforcement of Other Behaviour for the Reduction of Severe Nail BitingLouise Heffernan
Irish Centre of Behavioural Support and Research, Dublin, Ireland
Behav Anal Pract 9:253-6. 2016..A functional behaviour assessment (FBA) identified that the behaviour was maintained by automatic reinforcement...
- An orally administered butyrate-releasing derivative reduces neutrophil recruitment and inflammation in dextran sulphate sodium-induced murine colitisRaffaele Simeoli
Department of Pharmacy, University of Naples Federico II, Naples, Italy
Br J Pharmacol . 2016..The efficacy of a more palatable butyrate-releasing derivative, N-(1-carbamoyl-2-phenylethyl) butyramide (FBA), was evaluated in a mouse model of colitis induced by dextran sodium sulphate (DSS).
- Two new radiological findings to improve the diagnosis of bronchial foreign-body aspiration in childrenGuido Girardi
Pediatric Pulmonary Section, Department of Pediatrics, Exequiel Gonzales Cortes Children s Hospital, University of Chile, Santiago, Chile
Pediatr Pulmonol 38:261-4. 2004..in the same hemithorax, and aeration within an area of atelectasis) in children with foreign-body aspiration (FBA). We performed a retrospective review of clinical characteristics and chest X-ray films of 133 children with FBA...
- Flux balance analysis of Chlorella sp. FC2 IITG under photoautotrophic and heterotrophic growth conditionsMuthusivaramapandian Muthuraj
Department of Biotechnology, Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati, Guwahati, 781039, Assam, India
Photosynth Res 118:167-79. 2013..In the present study, flux balance analysis (FBA) was carried out for an indigenous isolate Chlorella sp...
- Microscopic quantification of bacterial invasion by a novel antibody-independent staining methodFranziska Agerer
Zentrum für Infektionsforschung, Universitat Wurzburg, Rontgenring 11, 97070 Wurzburg, Germany
J Microbiol Methods 59:23-32. 2004..We describe a novel fluorescence staining protocol, called FITC-biotin-avidin (FBA) staining, which allows the differentiation between extracellular and intracellular bacteria and is independent of ..
- Complementary identification of multiple flux distributions and multiple metabolic pathwaysDong Yup Lee
Metabolic and Biomolecular Engineering National Research Laboratory, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, 373 1 Guseong dong, Yuseong Gu, Daejeon 305 701, Korea
Metab Eng 7:182-200. 2005..This approach judiciously integrates flux balance analysis (FBA) based on linear programming and the graph-theoretic method for determining reaction pathways...
- Regulatory on/off minimization of metabolic flux changes after genetic perturbationsTomer Shlomi
School of Computer Science, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv 69978, Israel
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:7695-700. 2005..are compared with previously suggested algorithms, minimization of metabolic adjustment, and flux balance analysis (FBA)...
- Synthesis and preclinical evaluation of a folic acid derivative labeled with 18F for PET imaging of folate receptor-positive tumorsAndrea Bettio
Department of Chemistry and Applied Biosciences of ETH, Center for Radiopharmaceutical Science of ETH, PSI, and USZ, Zurich, Switzerland
J Nucl Med 47:1153-60. 2006Folic acid was linked regioselectively through its alpha- and gamma-carboxyl groups to 4-fluorobenzylamine (FBA), and the alpha- and gamma-FBA-folate regioisomers were evaluated for their ability to bind to folate receptor-positive cells...
- The methylotrophic Bacillus methanolicus MGA3 possesses two distinct fructose 1,6-bisphosphate aldolasesJessica Stolzenberger
Faculty of Biology and CeBiTec, Bielefeld University, Bielefeld, Germany
Microbiology 159:1770-81. 2013..Fructose 1,6-bisphosphate aldolase (FBA), a key enzyme of glycolysis and gluconeogenesis, is encoded in the genome of B...
- Structure-based design and synthesis of novel dual-target inhibitors against cyanobacterial fructose-1,6-bisphosphate aldolase and fructose-1,6-bisphosphataseDing Li
Key Laboratory of Pesticide and Chemical Biology CCNU, Ministry of Education, College of Chemistry, Central China Normal University, Wuhan 430079, China
J Agric Food Chem 61:7453-61. 2013Cyanobacteria class II fructose-1,6-bisphoshate aldolase (Cy-FBA-II) and cyanobacteria fructose-1,6-bisphosphatase (Cy-FBPase) are two neighboring key regulatory enzymes in the Calvin cycle of the cyanobacteria photosynthesis system...
- A model of an integrated immune system pathway in Homo sapiens and its interaction with superantigen producing expression regulatory pathway in Staphylococcus aureus: comparing behavior of pathogen perturbed and unperturbed pathwayNamrata Tomar
Machine Intelligence Unit, Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata, India
PLoS ONE 8:e80918. 2013..Moreover, we have developed a formalism under Flux Balance Analysis (FBA) for the optimization of conflicting objective functions...
- Segregated flux balance analysis constrained by population structure/function data: the case of PHA production by mixed microbial culturesF Pardelha
REQUIMTE CQFB, Chemistry Department, FCT Universidade Nova de Lisboa, 2829 516 Caparica, Portugal
Biotechnol Bioeng 110:2267-76. 2013In this study we developed a segregated flux balance analysis (FBA) method to calculate metabolic flux distributions of the individual populations present in a mixed microbial culture (MMC)...
- The ability of flux balance analysis to predict evolution of central metabolism scales with the initial distance to the optimumWilliam R Harcombe
Department of Organismic and Evolutionary Biology, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS Comput Biol 9:e1003091. 2013The most powerful genome-scale framework to model metabolism, flux balance analysis (FBA), is an evolutionary optimality model...
- Plant F-box protein evolution is determined by lineage-specific timing of major gene family expansion wavesAura Navarro-Quezada
Department of Stress and Developmental Biology, Leibniz Institute of Plant Biochemistry, Halle Saale, Germany
PLoS ONE 8:e68672. 2013..we asked whether the largest subfamily in Arabidopsis thaliana, which carries a C-terminal F-box associated domain (FBA proteins) shares evolutionary patterns and signatures of selection with other FBPs...
- A flow-batch analyzer using a low cost aquarium pump for classification of citrus juice with respect to brandSueny Kêlia Barbosa Freitas
Departamento de Quimica, Universidade Federal da Paraiba, CCEN, CP 5093, 58051 970 João Pessoa PB, Brazil
Talanta 107:45-8. 2013This paper proposes a novel flow-batch analyzer (FBA), which employs a compact, low-cost aquarium air pump as an alternative to a peristaltic pump...
- Optimization of the solid-phase synthesis of [18F] radiolabeled peptides for positron emission tomographyJason B White
Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of California, Davis, USA
Appl Radiat Isot 70:2720-9. 2012..selected for solid-phase radiolabeling of the model peptide VQAAIDYING with 4-[(18)F]fluorobenzoic acid ([(18)F]FBA). A wide range of radiochemical yields (18.8 ± 1.5% to 41.2 ± 5...
- Questions About Behavioral Function (QABF): adaptation and validation of the Spanish versionDavid Simó-Pinatella
Ramon Llull University, C Cister, 34, 08022 Barcelona, Spain
Res Dev Disabil 34:1248-55. 2013..These behaviors become a challenge for the families and for professionals. Functional behavioral assessment (FBA) is a method used to identify variables that influence or maintain challenging behaviors (CB) and aid in the ..
- Hong Xin; Fiscal Year: 2014..Strong evidences show that antibodies specific for the peptide Fba (derived from C. albicans cell surface protein fructose bisphosphate aldolase) and C...
- Targeting persistent M. tuberculosis through the inhibition of its aldolaseMary Jackson; Fiscal Year: 2010..The search for alternative drug therapies has led to our interest in class II fructose-1,6-bisphosphate aldolase (FBA), a key enzyme of glycolysis/gluconeogenesis that was shown to be induced in M...
- Assay Development of M. tuberculosis class II aldolaseMary Jackson; Fiscal Year: 2010..The search for alternative drug therapies has led to our interest in class II fructose-1, 6-bisphosphate aldolase (FBA), a key enzyme of glycolysis/gluconeogenesis that was shown to be induced in M...
- Beibei Chen; Fiscal Year: 2016..In the process of studying bacterial sepsis, we discovere that an orphan ubiquitin E3 ligase subunit, termed FBXO3, is activated and sufficient to ubiquitinate and mediate proteasomal degradation of another relatively new ..
- Nonablative AlloSCT in Refractory Autoimmune DiseaseMitchell Cairo; Fiscal Year: 2003..specific aims include: 1) to determine the toxicity of RI conditioning with fludarabine, busulfan and alemtuzumab (FBA) followed by AIIoSCT; 2) to quantitate percent mixed and complete donor chimerism following FBA and AIIoSCT + DLI; ..
- THE FnA D REGION OF TENASCIN C AND NEURONAL GROWTHSally Meiners; Fiscal Year: 2005..Neurites demonstrate a strong preference for fbA-D when they are given a choice at an interface...
- Novel Data Capture and Assessment Technology for AutismRONALD OBERLEITNER; Fiscal Year: 2006..evaluate a tool designed to support the collection of rich data for performing a Functional Behavior Assessment (FBA) in schools to support the development of intervention plans for children with special needs, specifically children ..
- Automatic Generation of Genome-scale Flux Balance ModelsRanjan Srivastava; Fiscal Year: 2009DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Flux balance analysis (FBA) is proving to be a powerful tool for analyzing metabolic networks...
- CANDIDA ALBICANS SURFACE ANTIGENSJim Cutler; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- MSM Multiscale Modeling of the Heart in CardiovascularDANIEL BEARD; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Analysis of Large-Scale Biochemical SystemsDANIEL BEARD; Fiscal Year: 2007..constraints on biochemical fluxes and [unreadable] concentration to augment the flux-balance analysis (FBA) approach...