Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: F9
Description: coagulation factor IX
Alias: F9 p22, FIX, HEMB, P19, PTC, THPH8, coagulation factor IX, Christmas factor, factor 9, factor IX F9, plasma thromboplastic component, plasma thromboplastin component
Publications894 found, 100 shown here
- A deletion located in the 3' non translated part of the factor IX gene responsible for mild haemophilia BC de la Salle
Thromb Haemost 70:370-1. 1993
- An age-related homeostasis mechanism is essential for spontaneous amelioration of hemophilia B LeydenSumiko Kurachi
Age Dimension Research Center, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, Tsukuba, 305 8566 Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:7921-6. 2009..This study demonstrates the clinical relevance of the first discovered puberty-onset gene switch, the ASE/AIE-mediated regulatory mechanism...
- Nucleotide sequence of the gene for human factor IX (antihemophilic factor B)S Yoshitake
Biochemistry 24:3736-50. 1985Two different human genomic DNA libraries were screened for the gene for blood coagulation factor IX by employing a cDNA for the human protein as a hybridization probe...
- Protein engineering of the propeptide of human factor IXP A Handford
Sir William Dunn School of Pathology, University of Oxford, UK
Protein Eng 4:319-23. 1991..These data support the current hypothesis that the propeptide contains two recognition elements: one for carboxylase recognition located towards the N-terminus, and one for propeptidase recognition located near the C-terminus...
- [Venous thromboembolic pathology. New acquired risk factors or new data on acquired risk factors]L Drouet
, , , 75010 Paris
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 94:1318-26. 2001..If the acquired risk is identified and quantified for a patient, it allows evaluation of global risk and the installation of appropriate therapeutic measures...
- Zn(2+)-selective purification of recombinant proteins from the milk of transgenic animalsA Degener
Department of Chemical Engineering, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, USA
J Chromatogr A 799:125-37. 1998..Due to the homology of milk proteins among different species, this same Zn(2+)-selective precipitation strategy is useful for developing purification methods for other recombinant proteins from the milk of transgenic livestock...
- High-performance capillary electrophoresis for in-process control in the production of antithrombin III and human clotting factor IXA Buchacher
Octapharma Pharmazeutika Produktionsges.m.H, Vienna, Austria
J Chromatogr A 802:355-66. 1998Antithrombin III (ATIII) and factor IX (FIX), two proteins from the clotting cascade, were investigated in parallel experiments, using capillary gel electrophoresis and capillary isoelectric focusing...
- Production of highly purified clotting factor IX by a combination of different chromatographic methodsL Hoffer
Octapharma Pharmazeutika Produktionsges, Vienna, Austria
J Chromatogr A 844:119-28. 1999..This cuts the period of time required for the process by almost 50%, and increases the yield considerably. The isolated factor IX contains practically no contaminants and has a specific activity over 200 IU/mg of protein...
- Application of monoliths for downstream processing of clotting factor IXK Branovic
Institute of Immunology, Zagreb, Croatia
J Chromatogr A 903:21-32. 2000..Besides, the same application on the up-scaled tube-shaped monolithic column was successfully carried out...
- [The best in 2000 on angiology]J Emmerich
, , 75908 Paris
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 94:77-81. 2001..Finally, some recent data is in favour of a systemic mechanism in the acute complications of atherosclerosis...
- A novel therapeutic approach combining human plasma-derived Factors VIIa and X for haemophiliacs with inhibitors: evidence of a higher thrombin generation rate in vitro and more sustained haemostatic activity in vivo than obtained with Factor VIIa aloneK Tomokiyo
The Chemo Sero Therapeutic Research Institute, Kaketsuken, Okubo, Kumamoto, Japan
Vox Sang 85:290-9. 2003....
- Quantitation of seminal factor IX and factor IXa in fertile, nonfertile, and vasectomy subjects: a step closer toward identifying a functional clotting system in human semenBashir A Lwaleed
Department of Urology, Central Block, Level E, West Wing, Mail point 67, Southampton University Hospitals NHS Trust, Southampton, Tremona Road, SO16 6YD, United Kingdom
J Androl 26:146-52. 2005..Congenital defects of FIX synthesis or function cause hemophilia B (originally called hemophilia C)...
- Pharmacokinetics of coagulation factors: clinical relevance for patients with haemophiliaS Bjorkman
Hospital Pharmacy and Department for Coagulation Disorders, Malmo University Hospital, Sweden
Clin Pharmacokinet 40:815-32. 2001..X-chromosome mutation causes a deficiency of either coagulation factor VIII (FVIII) in haemophilia A, or factor IX (FIX) in haemophilia B...
- Detailed characterization of an anti-factor IX monoclonal antibody that neutralizes the prolonged ox brain prothrombin time of hemophilia B(M) by synthetic peptidesI Takahashi
Japanese Red Cross Aichi Blood Center, 539 3 Minamiyamaguchi, Seto, 489 8555, Aichi, Japan
Peptides 21:603-8. 2000In a previous study, we prepared a monoclonal antibody (MoAb) to coagulation factor IX (FIX), designated 65-10, which interfered with the activation of FIX by the activated factor XI/Ca(2+) and neutralized the prolonged ox brain ..
- Human recombinant factor IX: safety and efficacy studies in hemophilia B patients previously treated with plasma-derived factor IX concentratesD A Roth
Center for Hemostasis and Thrombosis Research, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Blood 98:3600-6. 2001..Despite a lower recovery compared with pdFIX, rFIX controlled hemorrhage in a wide variety of settings and may provide a safety advantage in terms of risk from blood-borne pathogens...
- Cryoprecipitate-removed plasma 'cryo-removed plasma' as a source of factor IX in the treatment of haemophilia BL M P Lepatan
Section of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, University of Santo Tomas Hospital, Manila, Philippines
Haemophilia 10:254-8. 2004Fresh frozen plasma (FFP) is the main source of factor IX (FIX) in the treatment of bleeding episodes of haemophilia B in the Philippines...
- Continuous intravenous infusion of a plasma-derived factor IX concentrate (Mononine) in haemophilia BW K Hoots
University of Texas, Houston Health Science Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Haemophilia 9:164-72. 2003..open-label study evaluated the efficacy and safety of a plasma-derived factor IX concentrate [Mononine, Coagulation Factor IX (Human) Monoclonal Antibody Purified] administered by continuous intravenous (CIV) infusion to patients ..
- Encapsulated human primary myoblasts deliver functional hFIX in hemophilic miceJianping Wen
Research and Development, Canadian Blood Services, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, L8N 3Z5 Canada
J Gene Med 9:1002-10. 2007Hemophilia B is a bleeding disorder caused by defective factor IX (FIX), currently treated by regular infusions of plasma-derived or recombinant FIX...
- Efficient induction of immune tolerance to coagulation factor IX following direct intramuscular gene transferE F Cohn
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, One Gustave L Levy Place, New York, NY 10029, USA
J Thromb Haemost 5:1227-36. 2007The formation of inhibitory anti-factor IX (anti-FIX) antibodies is a major complication of FIX protein replacement-based treatment for hemophilia B. It is difficult to treat patients with anti-FIX antibodies...
- The use of rituximab as an adjuvant for immune tolerance therapy in a hemophilia B boy with inhibitor and anaphylaxis to factor IX concentrateAmpaiwan Chuansumrit
Department of Pediatrics, Faculty of Medicine, Ramathibodi Hospital, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 19:208-11. 2008..4 to 10 BU. No proteinuria or alteration of renal function was found. In conclusion, rituximab is a helpful adjuvant to immune tolerance therapy in a hemophilia B boy with inhibitor and anaphylaxis to factor IX concentrate...
- Structural analysis of factor IX protein variants to predict functional aberration causing haemophilia BS Mukherjee
Molecular and Human Genetics Division, Indian Institute of Chemical Biology, Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, Kolkata, India
Haemophilia 14:1076-81. 2008Factor IX (FIX) is a component protein of blood coagulation pathway, which activates factor X through interaction with factor VIII and Ca(2+)...
- Variability in bleeding phenotype in Amish carriers of haemophilia B with the 31008 C-->T mutationA Sharathkumar
Indiana Hemophilia and Thrombosis Center, Indianapolis, IN, USA
Haemophilia 15:91-100. 2009..to characterize the variability of bleeding phenotype and its association with plasma factor IX coagulant activity (FIX:C) in haemophilia B carriers in a large Amish pedigree with a unifying genetic mutation, C-to-T transition at base ..
- [Double mutation, a 2-bp deletion and Val211Ile, in the blood coagulation factor IX gene of a patient with severe hemophilia B]Ikuo Seita
Department of Molecular Genetics of Coagulation Disorders, Tokyo Medical University, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 160 0023, Japan
Rinsho Byori 57:417-24. 2009Hemophilia B is an X-linked bleeding disorder caused by the absence or reduced activity of coagulation factor IX (FIX). Here, we report a double mutation in the FIX gene (F9) in a Japanese patient with severe hemophilia B...
- Use of recombinant factor IX and thromboelastography in a patient with hemophilia B undergoing liver transplantation: a case reportL De Pietri
Division of Anesthesiology, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Modena, Italy
Transplant Proc 40:2077-9. 2008Hemophilia B is a congenital recessive disorder caused by deficiency of coagulation factor IX (FIX)...
- Prolonged activity of factor IX as a monomeric Fc fusion proteinRobert T Peters
Molecular and Cell Biology, Biogen Idec Hemophilia, 9 Fourth Ave, Waltham, MA 02451, USA
Blood 115:2057-64. 2010Treatment of hemophilia B requires frequent infusions of factor IX (FIX) to prophylax against bleeding episodes. Hemophilia B management would benefit from a FIX protein with an extended half-life...
- Liposome-encapsulated DNA-mediated gene transfer and synthesis of human factor IX in miceM Baru
Octa Medical Research Institute, Kiryat Weizmann, Rehovot, Israel
Gene 161:143-50. 1995..an X-chromosome-linked recessive disorder that is caused by a deficiency of biologically active clotting factor IX (FIX)...
- AAV-mediated gene transfer for hemophiliaK A High
Department of Pediatrics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, 19104, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 953:64-74. 2001..The goal of dose escalation is to find a dose that is nontoxic but that results in circulating levels of factor IX >1% in all patients...
- Creation of a mouse expressing defective human factor IXDa Yun Jin
Gene Therapy Center, Department of Biology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Blood 104:1733-9. 2004The majority of cases of human hemophilia B are the result of missense mutations in the coagulation factor IX gene and defective circulating factor IX is detectable in most patients...
- Pharmacokinetic study of a high-purity factor IX concentrate (Factor IX Grifols) with a 6-month follow up in previously treated patients with severe haemophilia BJ A Aznar
Hospital Universitario La Fe, Unidad de Coagulopatías Congénitas, Valencia, Spain
Haemophilia 15:1243-8. 2009..replacement treatment in haemophilia B patients requires a good understanding of the pharmacokinetics of factor IX (FIX)...
- Influence of factor IX on overall plasma coagulability and fibrinolytic potential as measured by global assay: monitoring in haemophilia BN A Goldenberg
Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders, Department of Pediatrics, University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center The Children s Hospital, Aurora, CO, USA
Haemophilia 14:68-77. 2008We sought to determine the influence of factor IX (FIX) deficiency upon overall coagulative and fibrinolytic capacities in plasma using the clot formation and lysis (CloFAL) assay, and to investigate the role of this global assay as an ..
- Bioengineered factor IX molecules with increased catalytic activity improve the therapeutic index of gene therapy vectors for hemophilia BNicola Brunetti-Pierri
Department of Human and Molecular Genetics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030 77030, USA
Hum Gene Ther 20:479-85. 2009..Thus, we evaluated the use of three bioengineered factor IX (FIX) variants with improved catalytic activity in the context of the helper-dependent adenoviral vector...
- Genetic fusion to albumin improves the pharmacokinetic properties of factor IXHubert J Metzner
CSL Behring GmbH, Emil von Behring Str 76, 35041 Marburg, Germany
Thromb Haemost 102:634-44. 2009Haemophilia B is a X-chromosome linked disease characterised by a deficiency of functionally active coagulation Factor IX (FIX)...
- Factor IX ectopically expressed in platelets can be stored in alpha-granules and corrects the phenotype of hemophilia B miceGuowei Zhang
Department of Pediatrics, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, USA
Blood 116:1235-43. 2010We developed 2bF9 transgenic mice in a hemophilia B mouse model with the expression of human factor IX (FIX) under control of the platelet-specific integrin alphaIIb promoter, to determine whether ectopically expressing FIX in ..
- FIX-Triple, a gain-of-function factor IX variant, improves haemostasis in mouse models without increased risk of thrombosisChung Yang Kao
Department of Clinical Laboratory Sciences and Medical Biotechnology, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
Thromb Haemost 104:355-65. 2010Engineered recombinant factor IX (FIX) with augmented clotting activity may prove useful for replacement therapy, but it has not been studied for risk of thrombosis...
- Pharmacokinetics of recombinant factor IX in relation to age of the patient: implications for dosing in prophylaxisS Bjorkman
Hospital Pharmacy, Malmo University Hospital, Malmo, Sweden
Haemophilia 7:133-9. 2001..this study were to investigate possible age-related changes in the disposition of factor IX procoagulant activity (FIX:C) after administration of recombinant factor IX (rFIX) and to translate the pharmacokinetic findings into ..
- Transgene expression levels and kinetics determine risk of humoral immune response modeled in factor IX knockout and missense mutant miceT P Zhang
The Gene Therapy Center, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7220, USA
Gene Ther 14:429-40. 2007..Although most hemophilia B patients have circulating non-functional but immunologically crossreactive factor IX (FIX) protein (CRM+ phenotype), inciting factors for FIX neutralizing antibody (inhibitor) development have been studied ..
- In vivo recovery of factor VIII and factor IX: intra- and interindividual variance in a clinical settingS Bjorkman
Hospital Pharmacy, Malmo University Hospital, Malmo, Sweden
Haemophilia 13:2-8. 2007..It has also been suggested that dosing of factor VIII (FVIII) and factor IX (FIX) can be adjusted according to the need of the individual patient, based on an individually determined IVR value...
- Age-specific regulation of clotting factor IX gene expression in normal and transgenic miceE J Boland
Department of Cellular and Structural Biology, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio 78284 7762, USA
Blood 86:2198-205. 1995Factor IX (FIX), a circulating serine protease that serves as an essential component of the blood coagulation pathway, has been shown to increase with age in humans...
- Therapeutic plasma concentrations of human factor IX in mice after gene delivery into the amniotic cavity: a model for the prenatal treatment of haemophilia BH Schneider
Division of Biomedical Sciences, Imperial College School of Medicine, London, UK
J Gene Med 1:424-32. 1999..Based on these studies we hypothesised that the large surface of the fetal skin may be exploitable for high level production of systemically required gene products to be released into the fetal circulation...
- Activation of blood coagulation factor IX by gingipains R, arginine-specific cysteine proteinases from Porphyromonas gingivalisT Imamura
Division of Molecular Pathology, Department of Neuroscience and Immunology, Kumamoto University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, 2 2 1 Honjo, Kumamoto 860 0811, Japan
Biochem J 353:325-31. 2001....
- In vivo response to vascular injury in the absence of factor IX: examination in factor IX knockout miceTong Gui
Department of Biology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Thromb Res 121:225-34. 2007..In vivo modeling is possible because of the generation of factor IX(-/-) mice...
- Activation of factor IX zymogen results in exposure of a binding site for low-density lipoprotein receptor-related proteinJ G Neels
Department of Biochemistry, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Blood 96:3459-65. 2000..between the endocytic receptor low density lipoprotein receptor-related protein (LRP) and either coagulation factor IX or its active derivative factor IXa was studied...
- Substitution of the Gla domain in factor X with that of protein C impairs its interaction with factor VIIa/tissue factor: lack of comparable effect by similar substitution in factor IXMatthew Ndonwi
Department of Pharmacological and Physiological Sciences, Saint Louis University School of Medicine, Saint Louis, Missouri 63104, USA
J Biol Chem 282:15632-44. 2007We previously reported that the first epidermal growth factor-like (EGF1) domain in factor X (FX) or factor IX (FIX) plays an important role in the factor VIIa/tissue factor (FVIIa/TF)-induced coagulation...
- [Interventional radiology in the palliative treatment of pancreatic cancer]E Mazza
Dipartimento di Fisiopatologia Clinica, , Italia
Tumori 85:S54-9. 1999..In 44 patients Wallstents were placed during a single PTC session time ("one step" technique). In 21 cases (11%) peri-procedural complications occurred...
- Inactivation and clearance of viruses during the manufacture of high purity factor IXA Johnston
Research and Development, CSL Limited, Bioplasma Division, 189 209 Camp Road, Broadmeadows, Victoria, 3047, Australia
Biologicals 28:129-36. 2000..Overall, these studies indicate that MonoFIX-VF is a product with an extremely high level of viral safety...
- Collaborative study for the establishment of replacement batches for human coagulation factor IX concentrate reference standardsE Gray
National Institute for Biological Standards and Control, Potters Bar, Herts, UK
Pharmeuropa Bio 2008:19-30. 2008..Organisation (WHO) 3rd International Standard, Human (IS, 96/854) and the FDA Standard for human blood coagulation Factor IX concentrate have been available since 1996, following their establishment by a common collaborative study...
- O-Acetylserine sulfhydrylase from Methanosarcina thermophilaB Borup
Department of Chemistry, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802, USA
J Bacteriol 182:45-50. 2000..pathways for cysteine biosynthesis have been established for both of these domains, it is unknown how the Archaea fix sulfur or synthesize cysteine...
- Intraarticular factor IX protein or gene replacement protects against development of hemophilic synovitis in the absence of circulating factor IXJunjiang Sun
Gene Therapy Center, School of Medicine, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7220, USA
Blood 112:4532-41. 2008..Factor IX knockout (FIX(-/-)) mice received a puncture of the knee joint capsule with a needle to induce hemarthrosis; human factor IX (..
- Direct sequencing of the activation peptide and the catalytic domain of the factor IX gene in six speciesG Sarkar
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Mayo Clinic Foundation, Rochester, Minnesota 55905
Genomics 6:133-43. 1990....
- Assessment of activated partial thromboplastin time and factor IX in subjects attending an anticoagulation clinicC Legnani
Department of Angiology and Blood Coagulation, University Hospital S Orsola, Bologna, Italy
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 11:537-42. 2000Very low factor IX (FIX) levels in patients during oral anticoagulant (OA) treatment, due to mutations in the FIX gene, with prolonged activated partial thromboplastin time (aPTT) and associated with bleeding complications have recently ..
- No impact of factor IX Ala-10 mutations in acenocoumarol-treated southern EuropeansDolors Tassies
Hemotherapy and Hemostasis Department, Hospital Clinic and Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer IDIBAPS, Universitat de Barcelona, Spain
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 16:563-6. 2005..risk of bleeding during oral anticoagulant (OA) treatment may be related to mutations in the precursor of coagulation factor IX. Missense mutations at Ala-10 (Ala-10Thre and Ala-10Val) in the factor IX propeptide lead to impaired ..
- Immune response after neonatal transfer of a human factor IX-expressing retroviral vector in dogs, cats, and miceLingfei Xu
Department of Internal Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Thromb Res 120:269-80. 2007..However, antibodies could inhibit coagulation, while cytotoxic T lymphocytes could destroy modified cells. The immaturity of the newborn immune system might prevent these immune responses from occurring after neonatal gene therapy...
- Temperature, eluent flow-rate and column effects on the retention and quantitation properties of phenylthiocarbamyl derivatives of amino acids in reversed-phase high-performance liquid chromatographyA Vasanits
Institute of Inorganic and Analytical Chemistry, , Budapest, Hungary
J Chromatogr A 832:109-22. 1999The separation and identification possibilities of 27 PTC-amino acids (with particular attention to those present in apples in free forms), are reported on seven RP columns such as, Nucleosil, 3 and 5 microns: 150(+20 guard) x 4...
- Neutrophil elastase cleavage of human factor IX generates an activated factor IX-like product devoid of coagulant functionJ A Samis
Department of Pathology, Queen s University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Blood 92:1287-96. 1998..These in vitro observations support the possibility that increased HNE cleavage of F.IX in vivo may contribute to the disregulation of hemostasis that occurs in conditions such as disseminated intravascular coagulation (DIC)...
- Recombinant factor IX recovery and inhibitor safety: a Canadian post-licensure surveillance studyMan Chiu Poon
University of Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Thromb Haemost 87:431-5. 2002..77, median 0.72, range 0.36-1.85, 95% CI of mean 0.74-0.81, expressed as FIX activity increase in U/dL per IU FIX concentrate/kg body weight infused) was significantly lower than that ..
- Macromolecular substrate-binding exosites on both the heavy and light chains of factor XIa mediate the formation of the Michaelis complex required for factor IX-activationDipali Sinha
Sol Sherry Thrombosis Research Center, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19140, USA
Biochemistry 46:9830-9. 2007Binding of factor IX (FIX) to an exosite on the heavy chain of factor XIa (FXIa) is essential for the optimal activation of FIX (Sinha, D., Seaman, F. S., and Walsh, P. N. (1987) Biochemistry 26, 3768-3775)...
- Age and sex dependent regulation of the factor IX gene in miceS Kurachi
Department of Human Genetics, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor 48109 0618, USA
Thromb Haemost 76:965-9. 1996..In mice, both factor IX activity and mRNA levels are significantly higher in males than in females, which has not been described for humans...
- Identification of residues in the Gla-domain of human factor IX involved in the binding to conformation specific antibodiesE G Wojcik
Haemostasis and Thrombosis Research Centre, University Hospital Leiden, The Netherlands
Biochim Biophys Acta 1382:91-101. 1998..Anti-FIX:Mg(II) antibodies recognize a conformational epitope (FIX') that can be induced by several metal ions such as Ca2+, ..
- Pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic modeling of humanized anti-factor IX antibody (SB 249417) in humansFung Sing Chow
Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics, GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals, King of Prussia, PA, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 71:235-45. 2002..SB 249417 is a humanized anti-factor IX/IXa antibody that, on administration to rats and monkeys, produces an immediate suppression of factor IX activity and prolongation of activated partial thromboplastin times (aPTT)...
- Carboxylase overexpression effects full carboxylation but poor release and secretion of factor IX: implications for the release of vitamin K-dependent proteinsKevin W Hallgren
Department of Molecular Cardiology, Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Biochemistry 41:15045-55. 2002..We analyzed carboxylation in 293- and BHK cell lines expressing r-factor IX (fIX) and endogenous carboxylase or overexpressed r-carboxylase...
- Prophylactic dosing of factor VIII and factor IX from a clinical pharmacokinetic perspectiveS Bjorkman
Hospital Pharmacy, Malmo University Hospital, Sweden
Haemophilia 9:101-8; discussion 109-10. 2003The high cost and limited availability of factor concentrates make dosing of factor VIII (FVIII) or factor IX (FIX) a crucial issue in the prophylactic treatment of haemophilia...
- Pharmacokinetics, thrombogenicity and safety of a double viral inactivated factor IX concentrate compared with a prothrombin complex concentrateA Ruiz-Saez
Centro Nacional de Hemofilia, Banco Municipal de Sangre del Distrito Capital, Caracas, Venezuela
Haemophilia 11:583-8. 2005..and safety of two plasma-derived double-inactivated (solvent/detergent heating at 100 degrees C, 30 min) factor IX (FIX) concentrates, UMAN COMPLEX DI (product A) [plasma-derived prothrombin concentrates (PCC)] and a high purity FIX ..
- Identification and functional characterization of a polymorphic oestrogen response element in the human coagulation factor IX gene promoterB Adams
Academic Unit of Haematology, Division of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, University of Sheffield, Sheffield, UK
Br J Haematol 140:241-9. 2008The liver expressed procoagulant factor IX (FIX) shows inter-individual variation in levels, some of which is heritable. Raised levels of FIX are associated with a thrombotic tendency...
- Effect of Ca2+ and Mg2+ concentration in culture medium on the activation of recombinant factor IX produced in Chinese hamster ovary cellsWon Hee Kim
Department of Biological Sciences, KAIST, 335 Gwahangno, Yuseong Gu, Daejeon 305 701, Republic of Korea
J Biotechnol 142:275-8. 2009Factor IX (FIX) plays an important role in the blood coagulation cascade. When Chinese hamster ovary (CHO) cells producing recombinant human FIX were cultivated using a serum-free medium (SFM) containing 1.12 mM of Ca(2+) and 0...
- Evaluation of a physician education intervention to improve primary care for low-back pain. I. Impact on physiciansD Cherkin
Center for Health Studies, Seattle Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Washington
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 16:1168-72. 1991..of negative feelings about patients with back pain or frustration with patients who wanted their doctor to "fix" their problem...
- [Acute disseminated encephalomyelitis in a 3-month-old infant]T Taketani
Department of Pediatrics, Shimane Medical University, Izumo, Shimane
No To Hattatsu 33:172-7. 2001..When she was admitted three days after the onset, she could neither fix or follow objects with her eyes nor respond to sound. Her muscle tone was decreased...
- Secondary hyperparathyroidism: evidence for an association with papillary thyroid cancerM L Klyachkin
Department of Surgery, University of Kentucky Medical Center, Lexington 40536-0084, USA
Am Surg 67:397-9. 2001..We report three patients in whom invasive papillary thyroid carcinoma (PTC) was diagnosed before (one case) or at the time of (two cases) parathyroidectomy for SHPT...
- Nicotine on the revascularization of bone graft. An experimental study in rabbitsT K Daftari
Department of Orthopaedics, Emory University, Decatur, Georgia
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 19:904-11. 1994..Serum levels of nicotine were measured weekly. Colored silicone was injected at sacrifice to fix the vasculature of the bone graft. Histologic analysis of undecalcified sections was performed. RESULTS...
- Hypertension: where have we gone wrong and how can we fix it?J M Neutel
Orange County Heart Institute and Research Center, Orange, California 92868, USA
Am J Hypertens 11:150S-157S. 1998..To improve our management, we need to find methods to diagnose these patients early in the course of this disease process, and to treat it as a syndrome rather than as a number...
- Electro-oculogram in multiple system and late onset cerebellar atrophiesJ Arpa
Servicio de Neurologia, Hospital La Paz, Madrid
Rev Neurol 23:969-74. 1995..Cerebellar signs were significantly correlated with impaired VOR-fix gain and OKN, abnormalities of saccades, and reduced smooth pursuit gain (p < 0.05)...
- Biomechanical evaluation of translaminar facet joint fixation. A comparative study of poly-L-lactide pins, screws, and pedicle fixationM Deguchi
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Nagano Red Cross Hospital, Japan
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 23:1307-12; discussion 1313. 1998..CONCLUSIONS: The facet joint is the only true articulation in the lumbosacral spine. It is logical to fix this part directly to achieve spine fixation...
- Determination of amino acids in the foods by reversed-phase high-performance liquid chromatography with a new precolumn derivative, butylthiocarbamyl amino acid, compared to the conventional phenylthiocarbamyl derivatives and ion-exchange chromatographyK L Woo
Department of Food Engineering, Kyungnam University, Masan, South Korea
J Chromatogr A 740:31-40. 1996..The sensitivity of BTC-amino acid was similar to phenylthiocarbamyl (PTC) amino acid. The detection limit in both derivatives was about 3.9 pmol at 0...
- A combination of chemical derivatisation and improved bioinformatic tools optimises protein identification for proteomicsF L Brancia
Michael Barber Centre for Mass Spectrometry, UMIST, Manchester, UK
Electrophoresis 22:552-9. 2001..Second, an Edman-type phenylthiocarbamoyl (PTC) modification is carried out on the N-terminal amino acid...
- Liquid crystalline polymers as stationary phases. IV. Chemical bonding and immobilization of the polymer on silica characterization by solid-state nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopyF Gritti
ENSCPB, , Pessac Talence, France
J Chromatogr A 922:37-50. 2001Chemical bonding reaction and immobilization through low energy radiation (heating) have been investigated to fix a side-chain liquid crystalline polymer (SC-LCP) on silica particles in order to use the resulting modified silica in ..
- A biomechanical study of a cervical spine stabilization device: Roy-Camille platesM E Smith
Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Rutgers The State University of New Jersey, Piscataway, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 22:38-43. 1997STUDY DESIGN: Three-hole Roy-Camille posterior plates (Howmedica, Inc., Rutherford, NJ) were used to fix severely destabilized fresh cadaveric cervical spines...
- Vascularization of the fusion mass in a posterolateral intertransverse process fusionY Toribatake
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, School of Medicine, Kanazawa University, Japan
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 23:1149-54. 1998..The rabbits were killed at 3 weeks (n = 6) and 6 weeks (n = 25) after surgery, and colored silicone was injected to fix the vasculature...
- Sensitive assay to detect thyroid stimulating antibody (TSAb) in the presence of thyroid stimulation blocking antibody (TSBAb) in serumY Ochi
Research Institute for Production Development, Sakyo, Kyoto, Japan
Horm Metab Res 33:115-20. 2001..We recently demonstrated that polyethylene glycol (PEG) augments TSAb activity in porcine thyroid cells (PTC) assay...
- Size-exclusion chromatography of plasma proteins with high molecular massesD Josic
Octapharma Produktionsges m b H, Wien, Austria
J Chromatogr A 796:289-98. 1998..The model mixtures are preparations of the clotting factors VIII (FVIII) and IX (FIX)...
- [Mechanisms of platelet activation and development of antiplatelet agents]J P Cazenave
INSERM U 311, Strasbourg
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 89:1501-6. 1996..main families: antagonists of the membrane receptors of activation coupled to signal transducting G proteins which fix circulating stimuli such as ADP, thrombin and TXA2 and inhibitors of the binding of adhesive proteins such as ..
- A biomechanical investigation of short segment spinal fixation for burst fractures with varying degrees of posterior disruptionK A Mann
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, SUNY Health Science Center Syracuse
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 15:470-8. 1990..that both systems reduce spinal flexibility in flexion, extension, and lateral bend loading when used to reduce and fix a classic burst fracture without posterior disruption...
- Treatment of infected clench-fist human bite wounds in the area of metacarpophalangeal jointsA P Chadaev
Department of General Surgery, Russian State Medical University, Moscow, Russia
J Hand Surg Am 21:299-303. 1996..bone destruction (89 patients) was treated the same way as group 2 with the addition of a distraction device to fix and "unload" the joint...
- Percutaneous pinning of distal radius fractures: a biomechanical studyS H Naidu
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Rehabilitation, Pennsylvania State University, Hershey, USA
J Hand Surg Am 22:252-7. 1997..5 cm proximal to the radial styloid. Three pin sizes and four pin configurations were used to fix the fracture, and the constructs were mechanically tested. Results show that at least a ...
- Total thyroidectomy is the recommended treatment for all Papillary Thyroid Carcinoma (PTC)J Santini
Dept. of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, C.H.U. Pasteur, Nice, France
Acta Otorhinolaryngol Belg 53:161-4. 1999..The major unresolved debate concerning the ideal surgical management of PTC focuses on the extent of thyroidectomy...
- The biomechanical effect and clinical application of a Ni-Ti shape memory expansion clampF Mei
Department of Orthopedics, Xinqiao Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing, China
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 22:2083-8. 1997..The shape memory expansion clamp had been used to fix rotated circular grafts in 30 cases with cervical spine injuries or cervical spondylosis after anterior ..
- Bioactive bone cementsE J Harper
Interdisciplinary Research Centre in Biomedical Materials, Queen Mary and Westfield College, University of London
Proc Inst Mech Eng H 212:113-20. 1998Poly(methylmethacrylate) (PMMA) bone cement, used to fix implants into the bone, produces good surgical results if used correctly...
- Osseointegrated finger prosthesis: An alternative method for finger reconstructionP Manurangsee
Division of Plastic Surgery, Lerdsin General Hospital, Bangkok, Thailand
J Hand Surg Am 25:86-92. 2000..A 2-stage reconstruction procedure with osseointegrated titanium implants was performed in each patient to fix a finger prosthesis to the proximal phalanx...
- Forearm fracture plates: to remove or not to removeD A Labosky
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, West Virginia University, Morgantown 26506
J Hand Surg Am 15:294-301. 1990Eighty dynamic compression plates used to fix fractures of the radius and/or ulna were removed from 51 of 98 adult patients. Thirty-seven patients had plates removed electively. Fourteen patients had plates removed for clinical reasons...
- Effect of spinal construct stiffness on early fusion mass incorporation. Experimental studyC E Johnston
Texas Scottish Rite Hospital, Dallas
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 15:908-12. 1990..stiffer fusions in axial testing, due to a technical limitation of the button-wire implants used to segmentally fix the rods at each vertebra...
- Preparation of various silica-based columns for capillary electrochromatography by in-column derivatizationS Suzuki
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kinki University, Higashi-Osaka, Japan
J Chromatogr A 873:247-56. 2000..Since the presence of frit filters hampers high efficiency separation, an attempt was made to fix the bed of modified silica gel particles to the capillary inner wall by a cross-linking technique...
- Modified technique of tension band wiring in flexion injuries of the middle and lower cervical spineM O al Baz
Department of Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery, King Fahd Hospital, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 20:1241-4. 1995..SUMMARY AND BACKGROUND DATA. The prevalent surgical techniques of Segal et al and Davey et al fix unstable injuries of the cervical spine by passing two transverse "K" wires through the skin and the spinous ..
- Augmented external fixation of unstable distal radius fracturesW H Seitz
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Mt Sinai Medical Center, Cleveland, OH 44106
J Hand Surg Am 16:1010-6. 1991..the use of percutaneous Kirschner wires to secure the radial styloid fragment as a lateral buttress, elevate and fix in place the depressed lunate fossa fragment, and, when necessary, add support to the elevated articular surface by ..
- The accessory root of the medial fascicle of the brachial plexus in manZ Urbanowicz
, Akademia Medyczna w Lublinie
Ann Univ Mariae Curie Sklodowska Med 50:9-12. 1995..The methods used to visualize different structures of brachial plexus, to obtain and fix the sections, to stain the slides and to determine thickness of the examined parts of peripheral nervous system, ..
- Palmar lunate trans-scaphoid, trans-triquetral fracture-dislocationP Harrington
St Vincent s Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
J Hand Surg Br 24:493-6. 1999..A second operation was required to internally fix the displaced triquetral fracture and reduce the lunotriquetral dissociation...
- Activation of the factor VIIIa-factor IXa enzyme complex of blood coagulation by membranes containing phosphatidyl-L-serineG E Gilbert
Department of Medicine, Brockton West Roxbury VA Medical Center, Massachusetts 02132, USA
J Biol Chem 271:11120-5. 1996..Thus, while membranes containing phosphatidyl-L-serine enhance condensation of the enzyme with its cofactor and substrate, their largest effect is activation of the assembled factor VIIIa-factor IXa enzyme complex...
- Genetic mechanisms of age regulation of blood coagulation: factor IX modelK Kurachi
Department of Human Genetics, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor 48109 0618, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 20:902-6. 2000..The stage is now set for further systematic studies of the genetic and molecular mechanisms of age regulation of other key coagulation and anticoagulation factors in hopes of understanding the overall age regulation of blood coagulation...
- Prophylactic treatment of severe factor X deficiency with prothrombin complex concentrateP A Kouides
Mary M Gooley Hemophilia Center, Inc of Rochester, NY, USA
Haemophilia 7:220-3. 2001..Prophylaxis with PCC for FX deficiency with adequate education and follow-up can be performed capably in the home setting with a resultant decrease in the frequency of bleeding and attendant complications...
- Sonographic needle guidance in cholangiography in childrenJ M Lorenz
Department of Radiology, The University of Chicago Hospitals, IL 60637, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 12:342-6. 2001To evaluate feasibility and benefits of sonographic guidance of percutaneous transhepatic cholangiography (PTC) in children with liver transplants.
- Selection and characterization of a new class of peptide exosite inhibitors of coagulation factor VIIaM S Dennis
Department of Protein Engineering, Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
Biochemistry 40:9513-21. 2001....
- The factor IX gamma-carboxyglutamic acid (Gla) domain is involved in interactions between factor IX and factor XIaAysar Aktimur
Department of Pathology, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
J Biol Chem 278:7981-7. 2003..The data demonstrate that factor XIa binds with comparable affinity to factors IX and IXabeta and that the interactions are dependent on the factor IX Gla domain...
- General principles for the clinical use of the LCPMichael Wagner
Klinik für Traumaand Sportmedizin, Wilhelminspital Wien, Austria
Injury 34:B31-42. 2003..This procedure requires pre-contouring of the plate to match the anatomy of the bone. The screws are tightened to fix the plate onto the bone, which then compresses the plate onto the bone...
- FEIBA: mode of actionP L Turecek
Baxter BioScience, Vienna, Austria
Haemophilia 10:3-9. 2004..in controlling bleeding in haemophilic patients who have developed inhibitory antibodies against factor (F)VIII or FIX. Recently it was shown that FEIBA contains the proenzymes of the prothrombin complex factors, prothrombin, FVII, ..
- Regulation of factor VIII Levels and Activity by Members of LDL Receptor FamilyDudley K Strickland; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Factor VIII (fVIII) and factor IX (fIX) are two key plasma proteins that are deficient in the bleeding disorders Hemophilia A and Hemophilia B, respectively...
- Andrew M Davidoff; Fiscal Year: 2015..We have already used this approach to safely generate stable, therapeutic levels of coagulation factor IX (FIX) in mice and non-human primates...
- Kam W Leong; Fiscal Year: 2015..This approach could readily be adapted to other inherited protein deficiencies or certain allergies. ..
- Roland W Herzog; Fiscal Year: 2016..IX in hemophilia B mice;and v) use of a codon-optimized F.VIII cDNA and transient B cell depletion facilitate tolerance induction to F.VIII by liver gene transfer in hemophilia A mice. ..
- Self-Complementary AAV2 Factor IX for Hemophilia BSCOTT WILLIAM JOHN MCPHEE; Fiscal Year: 2010..is designed to develop a hemophilia B nucleic-acid therapy capable of mediating multi-year expression of Factor IX (FIX) at therapeutic levels from a single administration that is anticipated to cost less than 2 years of traditional ..
- Sergei Zolotukhin; Fiscal Year: 2016..tyrosine-mutant AAV2, AAV8, and AAV5 serotype vectors and evaluation of immune responses to vector and coagulation factor IX transgene product...
- ALESSANDRA D'AZZO; Fiscal Year: 2016..phenotype in the GS (PPCA ) mouse model;2) demonstrated that an analogous rAAV vector encoding human coagulation Factor IX restores FIX production in participants in a clinical trial with hemophilia B;3) implemented a GMP ..
- Improving safety and efficacy of gene therapy with HDAdPhilip Ng; Fiscal Year: 2013..Specific Aim 3 is to determine the safety and efficacy of delivering a helper-dependent adenoviral vector expressing canine coagulation factor IX by the balloon method into FIX-deficient dogs as a model for hemophilia B gene therapy.
- Efficacy and Safety of AAV Gene Transfer for HemophiliaVALDER ARRUDA; Fiscal Year: 2004..animal models of hemophilia B following intramuscular injection of an AAV vector expressing human blood coagulation Factor IX. These data served as the basis for a clinical trial in which subjects with severe hemophilia B were ..
- ROLE OF METAL IONS IN THE FUNCTION OF HUMAN FACTOR IXHoward Liebman; Fiscal Year: 1992..immunochemical methods, I have demonstrated that Factor IX undergoes two metal- dependent conformation transition: FIX==greater than FIX'== greater than FIX*...
- Phase 2a Study of Ataluren in Hemophilia A and B (IND 104,321)JAY A BARTH; Fiscal Year: 2010..model of HB has documented that ataluren induces production of full-length, functional human clotting factor IX (FIX) protein in the liver...
- Clinical trial of self complementary AAV8-mediated gene transfer for hemophilia BAndrew M Davidoff; Fiscal Year: 2013..Hemophilia B (HB) is an X-linked recessive bleeding disorder that results from a defect in the factor IX (FIX) gene which encodes a serine protease critical for appropriate fibrin clot formation...
- Henry Daniell; Fiscal Year: 2016..We hypothesize that our low cost approach can be utilized in a prophylactic fashion in several diseases, such as hemophilia and lysosomal storage disorders, thereby eliminating the need for immune suppression. ..
- Richard J Samulski; Fiscal Year: 2016DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The program project grant "Neutralizing Antibody (NAb) and AAV FIX Gene Therapy" is a timely focused application centered around advancing exciting new clinical data that "self complementary" (sc)AAV ..
- Sleeping Beauty-Mediated Gene Therapy for HemophiliaR Scott McIvor; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Tal Kafri; Fiscal Year: 2016..The vectors will be produced either by transient transfection or by the novel stable packaging cell line, and their ability to cure FIX deficiency will be tested in a hemophilia B mouse model.
- Ultrasound-Mediated Gene Therapy for Hemophilia BCAROL MIAO; Fiscal Year: 2009..US) in the presence of microbubbles [MBs] enhances gene delivery of a liver-specific, high-expressing factor IX (FIX) plasmid into mice...
- Mark A Kay; Fiscal Year: 2016..Our studies will advance gene therapeutic approaches towards achieving a cure for the hemophilias. ..
- Ultrasound-Mediated Gene Therapy for Hemophilia BCarol H Miao; Fiscal Year: 2012..US) in the presence of microbubbles [MBs] enhances gene delivery of a liver-specific, high-expressing factor IX (FIX) plasmid into mice...
- An effort to create Factor IX expression vectors with sustained expression.LIA GRACEY; Fiscal Year: 2013..We aim to create better agents of DNA replacement that will correct the disease through infrequent administration of a DNA therapeutic. ..
- Weidong Xiao; Fiscal Year: 2016..To engineer a protocol for scalable production of rAAV vectors free of contaminants. Completion of these specific aims will greatly enhance the way of rAAV vectors to be used in the field of human gene therapy. ..
- DELINEATION OF CAUSATIVE MUTATIONS IN HEMOPHILIASteve Sommer; Fiscal Year: 1999..factor IX gene in eight great apes and Old World monkeys the same in each lineage?; and (viii) Are the amino acids conserved in factor IX during nonmammalian evolution the same amino acids that are mutated in humans with hemophilia B? ..
- MOLECULAR GENETICS OF FACTOR IX AND OTHER BLOOD PROTEINSKotoku Kurachi; Fiscal Year: 2000..Establishment of the regualtory mechanisms underlying factor IX (FIX) biosynthesis, therefore, is critical for understanding not only the molecular basis of hemophilia B, but also the ..
- Factor IX tolerance in hemophilia gene therapyHengjun Chao; Fiscal Year: 2007DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Hemophilia B is an X-linked hemorrhagic disorder due to factor IX (FIX) deficiency...
- FACTOR IX--MOLECULAR DEFECTS & REGULATION OF EXPRESSIONKatherine High; Fiscal Year: 1991....
- cGMP Recombinant FIX for IV & Oral Hemophilia B TherapyWILLIAM VELANDER; Fiscal Year: 2009..Drs. P. Monahan and T. Nichols of UNC-Chapel Hill have unique preclinical experience with hemophilia B mice and dogs that will be used to test the safety and efficacy of the Factor IX products. ..
- FACTOR IX MOUSE MODELS FOR HEMOPHILIA B GENE THERAPYDARREL STAFFORD; Fiscal Year: 2001..Recently we have been successfiil in developing Factor IX (FIX) molecules with higher specific activity due to increased affinity for Factor VIII or elevated catalytic activity...
- HEPATIC GENE TRANSFER FOR THE TREATMENT OF HEMOPHILIA BMark Kay; Fiscal Year: 1999....
- Development of a novel production platform for complex recombinant biotherapeuticJOHN S LOLLAR; Fiscal Year: 2012..The studies proposed herein are designed to provide proof-of-concept of the efficiency and scalability, as well as, rigorous preclinical validation and characterization of this novel manufacturing platform. ..
- Prevention of the Complications of Bleeding Disorders Through HTCSRegina Butler; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- INTERACTION OF PLATELETS WITH COAGULATION FACTORS IX & XPeter Walsh; Fiscal Year: 1992..These studies will provide essential information about the role of platelets in promoting the assembly of enzyme-cofactor-substrate complexes and the proteolytic activation of coagulation zymogens...
- David Gailani; Fiscal Year: 2016..is the zymogen of a trypsin-like protease (fXIa) that contributes to thrombin generation by catalyzing factor IX (fIX) activation...
- David Gailani; Fiscal Year: 2016..abstract_text> ..
- Diverse Strategies to Correct the Dystrophin Gene Using Vascular Delivery (U54)JERRY ROY MENDELL; Fiscal Year: 2010..Completion of phase I safety trials for both of these gene therapy approaches opens the gate for further vascular delivery leading to clinically meaningful results for patients. ..
- Thrombus Formation In VivoBruce Furie; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- Tolerance Induction by Neonatal Gene DeliveryKARIN L GAENSLER; Fiscal Year: 2010..Furthermore, for many genetic disorders, intervention in the perinatal period to correct the disorder would limit or abrogate the development of irrevocable, often lethal consequences of the disease. ..
- Circulating Tissue Factor: Characterization and Interactions with Factor IXLISA DIANE WILSBACHER; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies may provide attractive therapeutic targets for treatment of these inflammatory states. ..
- FUNCTIONS OF ENDOTHELIAL CELL FACTOR IX BINDING PROTEINDavid Stern; Fiscal Year: 1992....
- Genetic Variation in Factor IX and Thrombosis RiskTOM HOWARD; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- INTRINSIC SYSTEM CLOTTING: STRUCTURE AND FUNCTIONArthur Thompson; Fiscal Year: 1993..A heavy chain defect due to a point mutation in a Taq1 cleavage site will be defined by oligonucleotide probes, to compare with functional data of the hemophilic mutation...
- Effects of Hibernation on Hemostasis in 13-lined Ground SquirrelsScott T Cooper; Fiscal Year: 2012..during hibernation that prevent blood clotting, including 3-fold decreases in Factors VIII (FVIII) and IX (FIX), and 10-fold decreases in von Willebrand factor (vWF), neutrophils, and platelets...
- Genetic variation and regulatory networks: Mechanisms and complexityDANA PE ER; Fiscal Year: 2009..These tools will be made publicly available, including a friendly graphical user interface and visualization. ..
- RADIATION-INDUCED THYROID CANCERHeinz Ulrich G Weier; Fiscal Year: 2011..We expect this research to lead to improved control of PTC with regard to early disease detection and better disease management and, thus, to enhance public health services.
- DNA methylation markers for early detection of thyroid cancerJosena K Stephen; Fiscal Year: 2013..and malignant thyroid nodules, to detect early TC, to improve discrimination of adenoma, papillary thyroid cancer (PTC), and FTC so as to delineate thyroid subtypes in order to improve patient management...
- Role of p53 and ptc tumor suppressive pathways in BCCs development and preventionMohammad Athar; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Hedgehog Signal Transduction Across the Cell MembraneLawrence Lum; Fiscal Year: 2010..Direct interaction of Hh with the twelve transmembrane protein Patched (Ptc) is required for relinquishing Ptc-mediated suppression of the seven transmembrane protein Smoothened (Smo) in ..
- The RET/PTC3 Oncogene: Antigenic and Inflammatory PropertiesLAURENCE CRANE EISENLOHR; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Papillary thyroid carcinoma (PTC) is a relatively benign neoplasia, with occult lesions found in up to 10% of the general population at time of autopsy...
- GENE THERAPY FOR BLOOD PROTEIN DEFICIENCIESKATHERINE PONDER; Fiscal Year: 2005..Success in this project might lead to a safe, effective, and permanent therapy for Hemophilia B. ..
- Structure, Function &Genetics of Coagulation FactorsDarrel W Stafford; Fiscal Year: 2013..Kdependent coagulation) will use in vitro and in vivo models to focus on the mechanism of action of FVIIa and FIX as well as studying the reductant for vitamin K epoxide reductase. Dr...
- PROXIMAL TUBULE ANGIOTENSINS--HEMOLYTIC UREMIC SYNDROMEJulie Ingelfinger; Fiscal Year: 2004..This application will focus on the unique role of the PTC tissue RAS, hypothesizing that local angiotensins amplify the effects of Stx in PTC, resulting in further injury...
- Denise E Sabatino; Fiscal Year: 2014..HC ErtI): T Cells to AAV and AAV-Encoded Transgene Products Project 3 (RW Herzog, C Terliorst): Pathways Towards Immune Tolerance to Coagulation Factors Core A (HC ErtI): Administrative Core Core B (S Zliou): Vector Core ..
- BIOCHEMISTRY OF PRE-MRNA SPLICINGAdrian R Krainer; Fiscal Year: 2010..NMD degrades mature mRNAs with a premature termination codon (PTC)...
- Gene Therapy for hemophilia using muscle-expressed FVIIaKatherine A High; Fiscal Year: 2011..This approach has immunological advantages over Factor IX (FIX) or Factor VIII (FVIII) gene strategies since the recipient is tolerant to the transgene...
- Sanjay Ram; Fiscal Year: 2014..On a molar basis, mAbs directed against CPS fix less C4b than mAbs against membrane structures, suggesting that efficient C4b binding may require activation of C4 ..
- A Validated Resource of Thyroid Cancer Cell Lines for Pathway DiscoveryJEFFREY ALLEN KNAUF; Fiscal Year: 2010..lines representing primary and metastatic tumors of different histologic types and mutational subtypes (BRAF, RET/PTC, RAS, PIK3CA, AKT1, CTNNB1)...
- Alan D Cherrington; Fiscal Year: 2016..Metabolic clamps (glucose, NEFA, amino acids) will be used as needed to fix substrate levels. Surgical (hepatic denervation etc) and pharmacologic (i.e...
- Endothelial microparticles in patients with kidney transplantsSergey Brodsky; Fiscal Year: 2012..However, diagnosis of AMR is one of the most challenging in renal pathology. Peritubular capillary (PTC) C4d staining is one of the markers of AMR...
- Receptor/Ligand Signals for Ovarian Follicular AngiogenesisLeon J Spicer; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- DEVELOPMENT OF MAMMALIAN OOCYTE-GRANULOSA CELL COMPLEXJohn J Eppig; Fiscal Year: 2012..that the oocyte-derived paracrine factors bone morphogenetic protein 15 (BMP15), growth differentiation factor 9 (GDF9), and fibroblast growth factor 8 (FGF8) are positive regulators of the rate of follicular development and ..
- Metastatic protein network in BRAFV600E positive human thyroid cancersCarmelo Nucera; Fiscal Year: 2013..BRAFV600E, the most frequent genetic alteration in both papillary (PTC) and anaplastic thyroid cancers (ATC), is implicated in progression from PTC to ATC...
- Regulation of RNA SurveillanceMILES FROME WILKINSON; Fiscal Year: 2012..One-third of human genetic diseases are caused by PTC- containing mutant genes with nonsense or frameshift mutations...
- CARL EUGENE BAUER; Fiscal Year: 2015..Numerous beneficial bacteria that fix nitrogen for plants, as well as harmful bacterial pathogens, are capable of synthesizing cysts...
- Nicholas F Larusso; Fiscal Year: 2016..miR-15a, overexpressed Cdc25A (a cell cycle protein targeted by miR-15a), and increased Hedgehog (Hh) components (Ptc, Smo and Gli-2);and (iv) pharmacologic reduction of cAMP and upregulation of miR-15a with accompanying decrease of ..
- Role of T-cells in the induction of lupusBruce C Richardson; Fiscal Year: 2013..cause of lupus is unknown but important to understand, because knowledge of the mechanisms will indicate ways to fix the problems...
- VECTORS FOR THE EXPRESSION OF FACTOR IX AND CELL LINEAGES PRODUCING THE ACTIVE FACTOR IXPatent Number: WO8505376-A1; Date:1985-12-05
- Expression vectors for factor IX, and cell lines producing the active factor IXPatent Number: EP0162782-A1; Date:1985-11-27
- Expression vectors for factor IX, cells transformed with these vectors and process for the preparation of factor IXPatent Number: EP0167420-A1; Date:1986-01-08
- DNA encoding for factor IX or an analogous proteinPatent Number: EP0373012-A1; Date:1990-06-13