Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: EXOC2
Description: exocyst complex component 2
Alias: SEC5, SEC5L1, Sec5p, exocyst complex component 2, SEC5-like 1, exocyst complex component Sec5
- A conditional sterol esterification defect in yeast having either a sec1 or sec5 mutation in the secretory pathwayM E Tomeo
Department of Microbiology, North Carolina State University, Raleigh 27695 7615, USA
Yeast 13:449-62. 1997Two temperature-conditional secretory mutations, sec1 and sec5, cause the accumulation of post-Golgi vesicles when strains containing these mutations are grown at 37 degrees C...
- Genetic determinants of hair, eye and skin pigmentation in EuropeansPatrick Sulem
deCODE Genetics, Sturlugata 8, 101 Reykjavik, Iceland
Nat Genet 39:1443-52. 2007..3 is associated with freckles. The fifth region provided refinements to a previously reported association in OCA2, and the sixth encompasses previously described variants in MC1R...
- Ral GTPases regulate exocyst assembly through dual subunit interactionsSerge Moskalenko
Department of Cell Biology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75235 9039, USA
J Biol Chem 278:51743-8. 2003..Ral GTPases regulate exocyst-dependent vesicle trafficking and are required for exocyst complex assembly. Sec5, a membrane-associated exocyst subunit, has been identified as a direct target of activated Ral; however, the ..
- A genome-wide association study identifies novel alleles associated with hair color and skin pigmentationJiali Han
Channing Laboratory, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS Genet 4:e1000074. 2008..that the association between rs12203592 and hair color was independent of rs1540771, a SNP between the IRF4 and EXOC2 genes previously found to be associated with hair color...
- Ral-regulated interaction between Sec5 and paxillin targets Exocyst to focal complexes during cell migrationKrystle S Spiczka
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Carver College of Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
J Cell Sci 121:2880-91. 2008..by extension, targeting of Exocyst-dependent cargo, is dependent on Ral GTPases, which control association between Sec5 and paxillin...
- Subunit structure of the mammalian exocyst complexY Kee
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Molecular and Cellular Physiology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford CA 94305 5428, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94:14438-43. 1997..mAbs were generated to the mammalian rsec6 subunit of the exocyst complex. rsec6 immunoreactivity is found in a punctate distribution at terminals of PC12 cell processes at or near sites of granule exocytosis...
- Subunit composition, protein interactions, and structures of the mammalian brain sec6/8 complex and septin filamentsS C Hsu
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Molecular and Cellular Physiology, Stanford University School of Medicine, California 94305, USA
Neuron 20:1111-22. 1998..The sec6/8 and septin complexes likely play an important role in trafficking vesicles and organizing proteins at the plasma membrane of neurons...
- Mutations in the exocyst component Sec5 disrupt neuronal membrane traffic, but neurotransmitter release persistsMala Murthy
Department of Molecular and Cellular Physiology, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Neuron 37:433-47. 2003..We have investigated exocyst function in Drosophila with mutations in one member of the complex, sec5. Null alleles die as growth-arrested larvae, whose neuromuscular junctions fail to expand...
- The exocyst complex binds the small GTPase RalA to mediate filopodia formationKazuhiro Sugihara
Hematology Division, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nat Cell Biol 4:73-8. 2002..We identified the mammalian homologue of Sec5, a subunit of the exocyst complex determining yeast cell polarity, as a specific binding partner for GTP-ligated ..
- RalB and the exocyst mediate the cellular starvation response by direct activation of autophagosome assemblyBrian O Bodemann
Department of Cell Biology, UT Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 9039, USA
Cell 144:253-67. 2011..Thus, RalB signaling is a primary adaptive response to nutrient limitation that directly engages autophagocytosis through mobilization of the core vesicle nucleation machinery...
- Exo84 and Sec5 are competitive regulatory Sec6/8 effectors to the RalA GTPaseRongsheng Jin
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305 5432, USA
EMBO J 24:2064-74. 2005..Two subunits of the Sec6/8 complex, Exo84 and Sec5, have recently been shown to be effector targets for active Ral GTPases...
- Structural basis of the interaction between RalA and Sec5, a subunit of the sec6/8 complexShuya Fukai
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Department of Molecular and Cellular Physiology, Stanford University, James H Clark Center, E300C, 318 Campus Drive, Stanford, CA 94305 5432, USA
EMBO J 22:3267-78. 2003..The Sec5 subunit of the mammalian sec6/8 complex binds Ral in a GTP-dependent manner...
- Exocyst proteins in cytokinesis: Regulation by Rab11Hélia Neto
Henry Wellcome Laboratory of Cell Biology Institute of Molecular, Cell, and Systems Biology College of Medical, Veterinary, and Life Sciences University of Glasgow Glasgow UK
Commun Integr Biol 6:e27635. 2013The Exocyst is an octameric protein complex comprised of Sec3, Sec5, Sec6, Sec8, Sec10, Sec15, Exo70, and Exo84 subunits...
- The exocyst component Sec5 is required for membrane traffic and polarity in the Drosophila ovaryMala Murthy
Division of Neuroscience, Children s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Development 131:377-88. 2004..We describe the role of Sec5, a member of the exocyst complex, in directed membrane traffic in the Drosophila oocyte...
- PI4KIIIα is required for cortical integrity and cell polarity during Drosophila oogenesisJulie Tan
Program in Cell Biology, The Hospital for Sick Children, PGCRL, 686 Bay Street, Room 15 9716, Toronto, ON, M5G 0A4, Canada
J Cell Sci 127:954-66. 2014..integrity associated with failure to recruit the cytoskeletal-membrane crosslinker Moesin and the exocyst subunit Sec5. These effects reflect a unique requirement for PI4KIIIα, as egg chambers from flies mutant for either of the ..
- A closer look at evolution: Variants (SNPs) of genes involved in skin pigmentation, including EXOC2, TYR, TYRP1, and DCT, are associated with 25(OH)D serum concentrationRoman Saternus
Department of Dermatology R S, T V, J R, The Saarland University Hospital, 66424 Homburg, Germany Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics S P, EMGO Institute for Health and Care Research, Vrije Universiteit Medisch Centrum, 1081 BT Amsterdam, The Netherlands Department of Internal Medicine S P, Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Medical University of Graz, 8036 Graz, Austria Institute of Medical Biometry, Epidemiology, and Medical Informatics S G, The Saarland University Hospital, Homburg, Germany and Mannheim Institute of Public Health M K, W M, Heidelberg University, 68167 Mannheim, Germany
Endocrinology 156:39-47. 2015..2 [FGF2], KIT, KIT ligand [KITLG], nerve growth factor [NGF], interferon regulatory factor 4 [IRF4], exocyst complex component 2 [EXOC2], and tumor protein 53 [TP53]) were analyzed in a cohort of participants of the Ludwigshafen ..
- The RalB small GTPase mediates formation of invadopodia through a GTPase-activating protein-independent function of the RalBP1/RLIP76 effectorNicole F Neel
Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
Mol Cell Biol 32:1374-86. 2012..Surprisingly, RalB-mediated invadopodium formation was dependent on RalBP1/RLIP76 but not Sec5 and Exo84 exocyst effector function...
- Membrane targeting of the yeast exocyst complexRoman Pleskot
Institute of Experimental Botany, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, 165 02 Prague, Czech Republic Institute of Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, 166 10 Prague, Czech Republic Electronic address
Biochim Biophys Acta 1848:1481-9. 2015..In all eukaryotic cells, the exocyst is composed of eight subunits - Sec5, Sec6, Sec8, Sec10, Sec15, Exo84 and two membrane-targeting landmark subunits Sec3 and Exo70, which have been ..
- A kinase-independent role for EGF receptor in autophagy initiationXiaojun Tan
Program in Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology, University of Wisconsin Madison School of Medicine and Public Health, 1300 University Avenue, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Cell 160:145-60. 2015..Inactive EGFR and LAPTM4B stabilize each other at endosomes and recruit the exocyst subcomplex containing Sec5. We show that inactive EGFR, LAPTM4B, and the Sec5 subcomplex are required for basal and starvation-induced ..
- A rapid, membrane-dependent pathway directs furrow formation through RalA in the early Drosophila embryoRyan M Holly
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Denver, Denver, CO 80208, USA
Development 142:2316-28. 2015..RalA localizes to syncytial furrows, and mediates the movement of exocytic vesicles to the plasma membrane. Sec5, which is an exocyst complex subunit and localizes to ingressing furrows in wild-type embryos, becomes punctate and ..
- Phytophthora infestans RXLR Effector AVR1 Interacts with Exocyst Component Sec5 to Manipulate Plant ImmunityYu Du
Laboratory of Phytopathology, Wageningen University, 6708 PB, Wageningen, The Netherlands Y D, M H M, K B, F G Division of Plant Sciences, College of Life Science, University of Dundee at the James Hutton Institute, Invergowrie, Dundee, United Kingdom P R J B andPlant Microbe Interactions, Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, Utrecht University, 3584 CH, Utrecht, The Netherlands K B
Plant Physiol 169:1975-90. 2015..To identify host targets of AVR1, we performed yeast two-hybrid screens and selected Sec5 as a candidate. Sec5 is a subunit of the exocyst, a protein complex that is involved in vesicle trafficking...
- Exocyst-Dependent Membrane Addition Is Required for Anaphase Cell Elongation and Cytokinesis in DrosophilaMaria Grazia Giansanti
Istituto di Biologia e Patologia Molecolari del CNR, Dipartimento di Biologia e Biotecnologie, Università Sapienza di Roma, Roma, Italy
PLoS Genet 11:e1005632. 2015..Finally, we show that the exocyst subunit Sec5 coimmunoprecipitates with Rab11...
- Septin-Dependent Assembly of the Exocyst Is Essential for Plant Infection by Magnaporthe oryzaeYogesh K Gupta
School of Biosciences, University of Exeter, Exeter EX4 4QD, United Kingdom The Sainsbury Laboratory, Norwich NR4 7UH, United Kingdom
Plant Cell 27:3277-89. 2015..The exocyst components Sec3, Sec5, Sec6, Sec8, and Sec15, and exocyst complex proteins Exo70 and Exo84 localize specifically in a ring formation at ..
- Intracellular periodontal pathogen exploits recycling pathway to exit from infected cellsHiroki Takeuchi
Department of Preventive Dentistry, Osaka University Graduate School of Dentistry, Suita Osaka, 565 0871, Japan
Cell Microbiol 18:928-48. 2016..gingivalis in gingival epithelial cells. VAMP2 forms a complex with EXOC2/Sec5 and EXOC3/Sec6, whereas Rab4A mediates dissociation of the EXOC complex followed by recruitment of RUFY1/..
- Rab8 directs furrow ingression and membrane addition during epithelial formation in Drosophila melanogasterLauren M Mavor
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Denver, Denver, CO 80208, USA
Development 143:892-903. 2016..We also demonstrate that Rab8 behaviors require the function of the exocyst complex subunit Sec5 as well as the recycling endosome protein Rab11...
- A Mutation in DAOA Modifies the Age of Onset in PSEN1 E280A Alzheimer's DiseaseJorge I Vélez
The Arcos Burgos Group, Department of Genome Sciences, John Curtin School of Medical Research, The Australian National University, Canberra, ACT 2600, Australia Neuroscience Research Group, University of Antioquia, Medellin, Colombia
Neural Plast 2016:9760314. 2016..Nominal associations of missense mutations in the CLUAP1 (rs9790, P = 7.63 × 10(-3), P FDR = 0.1832) and EXOC2 (rs17136239, P = 0.0325, P FDR = 0.391) genes were also found...
- Probing Functional Changes in Exocyst Configuration with Monoclonal AntibodiesShivangi M Inamdar
Molecular and Cellular Biology Program, University of IowaIowa City, IA, USA Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of IowaIowa City, IA, USA
Front Cell Dev Biol 4:51. 2016..Antibodies to Sec6NT co-precipitated substantially more Sec5, -10, -15, Exo70 and -84 than did those to Sec6CT...
- Diverse Functions and Signal Transduction of the Exocyst Complex in Tumor CellsToshiaki Tanaka
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, School of Medicine, Yamagata University, Yamagata, Japan
J Cell Physiol . 2016The exocyst complex is a large conserved hetero-oligomeric complex that consists of Sec3, Sec5, Sec6, Sec8, Sec10, Sec15, Exo70, and Exo84 subunits...
- Ral and Rheb GTPase activating proteins integrate mTOR and GTPase signaling in aging, autophagy, and tumor cell invasionTimothy D Martin
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Department of Pharmacology, Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, Chapel Hill, NC 27514, USA
Mol Cell 53:209-20. 2014..Additionally, RalGAP suppression in mammalian cells caused RalB-selective activation and Sec5- and exocyst-dependent engagement of mTORC1 and suppression of autophagy...
- Ang2/fat-free is a conserved subunit of the Golgi-associated retrograde protein complexF Javier Pérez-Victoria
Cell Biology and Metabolism Program, Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Mol Biol Cell 21:3386-95. 2010..These findings indicate that Ang2 is the missing component of the GARP complex in most eukaryotes...
- Genome-wide association studies identify several new loci associated with pigmentation traits and skin cancer risk in European AmericansMingfeng Zhang
Clinical Research Program, Department of Dermatology, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Hum Mol Genet 22:2948-59. 2013..8 × 10(-8) in the discovery set and P = 6.7 × 10(-7) in the replication set), rs12202284 between IRF4 and EXOC2 (P = 5.0 × 10(-8); P = 6.6 × 10(-7) in the discovery set and P = 3...
- Ral mediates activity-dependent growth of postsynaptic membranes via recruitment of the exocystRita O Teodoro
The F M Kirby Neurobiology Center, Department of Neurology, Boston Children s Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
EMBO J 32:2039-55. 2013..SSR growth requires Ral and the exocyst component Sec5 and Ral-induced enlargement of these membrane folds does not occur in sec5(-/-) muscles...
- RalA-exocyst interaction mediates GTP-dependent exocytosisLi Wang
Division of Cellular and Molecular Biology, Toronto Western Research Institute, University Health Network, Department of Physiology, University of Toronto, 399 Bathurst Street, Toronto, Ontario M5T 2S8, Canada
J Biol Chem 279:19875-81. 2004..A Ral-binding fragment from Sec5, a component of the exocyst complex, showed a similar inhibition...
- Evolution of the land plant exocyst complexesFatima Cvrčková
Department of Experimental Plant Biology, Faculty of Sciences, Charles University Prague, Czech Republic
Front Plant Sci 3:159. 2012..Homologs of its eight canonical subunits - Sec3, Sec5, Sec6, Sec8, Sec10, Sec15, Exo70, and Exo84 - were found also in higher plants and confirmed to form complexes in ..
- Arabidopsis exocyst subcomplex containing subunit EXO70B1 is involved in autophagy-related transport to the vacuoleIvan Kulich
Department of Experimental Plant Biology, Faculty of Sciences, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic Institute of Experimental Botany, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Prague, Czech Republic
Traffic 14:1155-65. 2013..EXO70B1 interacts with SEC5 and EXO84 and forms an exocyst subcomplex involved in autophagy-related, Golgi-independent membrane traffic to the ..
- Genome-wide association studies of pit-and-fissure- and smooth-surface caries in permanent dentitionZ Zeng
Department of Human Genetics, Graduate School of Public Health, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
J Dent Res 92:432-7. 2013..g., CXCR1 and CXCR2, p value = 1.9E-6). This study supports the notion that genes differentially affect cariogenesis across the surfaces of the permanent dentition, and nominates several novel genes for investigation...
- Proteomic analysis of HIV-1 Nef cellular binding partners reveals a role for exocyst complex proteins in mediating enhancement of intercellular nanotube formationJoya Mukerji
Department of Cancer Immunology and AIDS, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA, USA
Retrovirology 9:33. 2012..Nef associates with and activates Pak2, a kinase that regulates T-cell signaling and actin cytoskeleton dynamics, but how Nef promotes nanotube formation is unknown...
- Genome-wide association study of multiplex schizophrenia pedigreesDouglas F Levinson
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Stanford University, Stanford, Calif, USA
Am J Psychiatry 169:963-73. 2012..The authors used a genome-wide association study (GWAS) of multiply affected families to investigate the association of schizophrenia to common single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) and rare copy number variants (CNVs)...
- The deubiquitylase USP33 discriminates between RALB functions in autophagy and innate immune responseMichal Simíček
1 VIB Center for the Biology of Disease, VIB, 3000 Leuven, Belgium 2 Department of Human Genetics, KU Leuven, Herestraat 49, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Nat Cell Biol 15:1220-30. 2013..nutrient availability or viral infection by respectively engaging two components of the exocyst complex, EXO84 and SEC5. RALB employs SEC5 to trigger innate immunity signalling, whereas RALB-EXO84 interaction induces autophagocytosis...
- Exocyst sec5 regulates exocytosis of newcomer insulin granules underlying biphasic insulin secretionLi Xie
Department of Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
PLoS ONE 8:e67561. 2013The exocyst complex subunit Sec5 is a downstream effector of RalA-GTPase which promotes RalA-exocyst interactions and exocyst assembly, serving to tether secretory granules to docking sites on the plasma membrane...
- Mapping QTL affecting a systemic sclerosis-like disorder in a cross between UCD-200 and red jungle fowl chickensWeronica Ek
Department of Animal Breeding and Genetics, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Uppsala, Sweden
Dev Comp Immunol 38:352-9. 2012..Three orthologues of genes implicated in human SSc are located in the QTL region on chromosome 2, TGFRB1, EXOC2-IRF4 and COL1A2, as well as CCR8, which is more generally related to immune function...
- Exocyst subunits are involved in isoproterenol-induced amylase release from rat parotid acinar cellsAkane Imai
Department of Biochemistry, School of Life Dentistry at Niigata, The Nippon Dental University, Chuo Ku, Niigata, Japan
Eur J Oral Sci 120:123-31. 2012..The exocyst complex, which is composed of eight subunits (Sec3, Sec5, Sec6, Sec8, Sec10, Sec15, Exo70, and Exo84) that are conserved in yeast and mammalian cells, is thought to ..
- Sec5 and Exo84 mediate distinct aspects of RalA-dependent cell polarizationC Clayton Hazelett
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology Carver College of Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e39602. 2012..Blocking RalA-Exocyst binding caused significant morphological changes and defects in single and coordinated cell migration...
- Fission yeast Sec3 and Exo70 are transported on actin cables and localize the exocyst complex to cell polesFelipe O Bendezú
Department of Fundamental Microbiology, Faculty of Biology and Medicine, University of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
PLoS ONE 7:e40248. 2012..However, we show that Sec3, Exo70 and Sec5 are transported by the myosin V Myo52 along actin cables...
- Sec5, a member of the exocyst complex, mediates Drosophila embryo cellularizationMala Murthy
The F M Kirby Neurobiology Center, Children s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Development 137:2773-83. 2010..b>Sec5 is a central component of this complex and we here report the isolation of a new allele of sec5 that has a ..
- Exit of intracellular Porphyromonas gingivalis from gingival epithelial cells is mediated by endocytic recycling pathwayHiroki Takeuchi
Department of Oral Frontier Biology, Osaka University Graduate School of Dentistry, Suita, Osaka, Japan
Cell Microbiol 13:677-91. 2011..Dominant negative forms and RNAi knockdown of Rab11, RalA and exocyst complex subunits (Sec5, Sec6 and Exo84) significantly disturbed the exit of P. gingivalis...
- RalA function in dermal fibroblasts is required for the progression of squamous cell carcinoma of the skinAdam G Sowalsky
Sackler School of Graduate Biomedical Sciences, Tufts University, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Cancer Res 71:758-67. 2011..at least in part, by mediating hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) secretion through its effector proteins, the Sec5 and Exo84 subunits of the exocyst complex...
- RalBP1 is necessary for metastasis of human cancer cell linesZhong Wu
Department of Molecular Physiology and Biological Physics, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA, USA
Neoplasia 12:1003-12. 2010..after small interfering RNA-mediated depletion of Ral effectors Ral binding protein 1 (RalBP1/RLIP), exocyst complex component 2 (Sec5), and phospholipase D1 (PLD1) and found that RalBP1 and RalA depletion inhibited cell migration ..
- Characterization of the Arabidopsis thaliana exocyst complex gene families by phylogenetic, expression profiling, and subcellular localization studiesYolanda T Chong
Department of Cell and Systems Biology and the Centre for the Analysis of Genome Evolution and Function, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5S 3B2
New Phytol 185:401-19. 2010The exocyst is a complex of eight proteins (Sec3p, Sec5p, Sec6p, Sec8p, Sec10p, Sec15p, Exo70p and Exo84p) involved in tethering vesicles to the plasma membrane during regulated or polarized secretion...
- Model-based prediction of human hair color using DNA variantsWojciech Branicki
Section of Forensic Genetics, Institute of Forensic Research, Westerplatte 9, 31 033, Krakow, Poland
Hum Genet 129:443-54. 2011....
- Activation and involvement of Ral GTPases in colorectal cancerTimothy D Martin
Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
Cancer Res 71:206-15. 2011..Interestingly, RalA interaction with the Exo84 but not Sec5 exocyst component was necessary for supporting anchorage-independent growth, whereas RalB interaction with Sec5 but ..
- Exocyst function is regulated by effector phosphorylationXiao Wei Chen
Life Sciences Institute, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Nat Cell Biol 13:580-8. 2011..after recognition of the exocyst by activated RalA, disengagement occurs through phosphorylation of its effector Sec5, rather than RalA inactivation...
- Ral's engagement with the exocyst: breaking up is hard to doXiao Wei Chen
Life Sciences Institute, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Cell Cycle 10:2299-304. 2011..Disengagement between the GTPase and the exocyst occurs through phosphorylation of its effector Sec5 in its Ral-binding domain, thus allowing continuation of exocytic program and recycling of the tether...
- Genome-wide association study identifies novel alleles associated with risk of cutaneous basal cell carcinoma and squamous cell carcinomaHongmei Nan
Channing Laboratory, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Hum Mol Genet 20:3718-24. 2011..55 (1.45-1.66); P= 4.3 × 10(-17)]. We identified that an SNP rs12210050 at 6p25 near the EXOC2 gene was associated with an increased risk of BCC [rs12210050[T]: combined OR (95% CI), 1.24 (1.17-1.31); P= 9...
- Ral GTPases regulate cell-mediated cytotoxicity in NK cellsJesús Sánchez-Ruiz
Departamento de Inmunologia y Oncologia, Centro Nacional de Biotecnología Consejo Superior Investigaciones Científicas, E 28049 Madrid, Spain
J Immunol 187:2433-41. 2011..This assembly is required for degranulation, as interference with expression of the exocyst component Sec5 led to reduced degranulation and impaired cytotoxicity in NK cells...
- Cell entry and exit by periodontal pathogen via recycling pathwayHiroki Takeuchi
Department of Oral Frontier Biology Center for Frontier Oral Science Osaka University Graduate School of Dentistry Osaka, Japan
Commun Integr Biol 4:587-9. 2011..However, dominant negative forms and RNAi-knockdown of Rab11, RalA and exocyst complex subunits (Sec5, Sec6 and Exo84) significantly disturb the exit of P. gingivalis...
- Structure of the GTPase-binding domain of Sec5 and elucidation of its Ral binding siteHelen R Mott
Department of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge, 80, Tennis Court Road, Cambridge CB2 1GA, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 278:17053-9. 2003..of the exocyst complex in mammals was recently shown to be dependent upon binding of the small G protein, Ral, to Sec5, a central component of the exocyst...
- Mutations in Drosophila sec15 reveal a function in neuronal targeting for a subset of exocyst componentsSunil Q Mehta
Program in Developmental Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Neuron 46:219-32. 2005..Additionally, sec15 mutant neurons fail to localize other exocyst members like Sec5 and Sec8, but not Sec6, to neuronal terminals...
- Sec6 mutations and the Drosophila exocyst complexMala Murthy
Division of Neuroscience, Children s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Cell Sci 118:1139-50. 2005..We have used these mutations to compare the phenotypes of sec6 and sec5 in the ovary and nervous system, and we find them to be similar...
- Vesicles carry most exocyst subunits to exocytic sites marked by the remaining two subunits, Sec3p and Exo70pCharles Boyd
Department of Cell Biology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
J Cell Biol 167:889-901. 2004..One subset (Sec5p, Sec6p, Sec8p, Sec10p, Sec15p, and Exo84p) exhibits mobility similar to that of the vesicle-bound Rab family ..
- Functional specialization within a vesicle tethering complex: bypass of a subset of exocyst deletion mutants by Sec1p or Sec4pAndreas Wiederkehr
Department of Cell Biology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06510, USA
J Cell Biol 167:875-87. 2004..Sec3p and Sec5p are more critical than Exo70p for ER inheritance...
- The mammalian exocyst, a complex required for exocytosis, inhibits tubulin polymerizationSheng Wang
Department of Cell Biology and Neuroscience, Rutgers University, Piscataway, New Jersey 08854, USA
J Biol Chem 279:35958-66. 2004..Deletion of exocyst subunit sec5, sec6, sec15, or exo70 diminished its tubulin polymerization inhibition activity...
- The exocyst complex in polarized exocytosisShu Chan Hsu
Department of Cell Biology and Neuroscience, Rutgers University, Piscataway, New Jersey 08854, USA
Int Rev Cytol 233:243-65. 2004..The exocyst consists of eight components: Sec3, Sec5, Sec6, Sec8, Sec10, Sec15, Exo70, and Exo84...
- RalA activation at nascent lamellipodia of epidermal growth factor-stimulated Cos7 cells and migrating Madin-Darby canine kidney cellsAkiyuki Takaya
Department of Tumor Virology, Research Institute for Microbial Diseases, Osaka University, Yamadaoka, Suita Shi, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Mol Biol Cell 15:2549-57. 2004..EGF-induced lamellipodial protrusion was inhibited by microinjection of the RalA-binding domains of RalBP1 and Sec5. Furthermore, we found that RalA activity was high at the lamellipodia of migrating Madin-Darby canine kidney cells ..
- Characterisation of an evolutionary conserved protein interacting with the putative guanine nucleotide exchange factor DelGEF and modulating secretionMikael Sjölinder
Division for Molecular Biology of Mitosis, German Cancer Research Center, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Exp Cell Res 294:68-76. 2004..DelGEF was recently shown to interact with Sec5, a protein involved in secretion, and to regulate secretion of proteoglycans...
- ARF6 controls post-endocytic recycling through its downstream exocyst complex effectorMagali Prigent
Membrane and Cytoskeleton Dynamics Group, UMR144 Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Institut Curie, 26 Rue d Ulm, F 75248 Paris Cedex 05, France
J Cell Biol 163:1111-21. 2003..In addition, we report that depletion of Sec5 exocyst subunit or dominant inhibition of Sec10 affects the function and the morphology of the recycling pathway...
- The exocyst complex is required for targeting of Glut4 to the plasma membrane by insulinMayumi Inoue
Life Sciences Institute, Departments of Internal Medicine and Physiology, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Nature 422:629-33. 2003..So, the exocyst might have a crucial role in the targeting of the Glut4 vesicle to the plasma membrane, perhaps directing the vesicle to the precise site of fusion...
- Mammalian exocyst complex is required for the docking step of insulin vesicle exocytosisTakashi Tsuboi
Henry Wellcome Laboratories for Integrated Cell Signalling and Department of Biochemistry, School of Medical Sciences, University Walk, University of Bristol, Bristol BS8 1TD, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 280:25565-70. 2005..We show first that SEC6 is concentrated on insulin-positive vesicles, whereas SEC5 and SEC8 are largely confined to the cytoplasm and the plasma membrane, respectively...
- DelGEF, a homologue of the Ran guanine nucleotide exchange factor RanGEF, binds to the exocyst component Sec5 and modulates secretionMikael Sjölinder
Division for Molecular Biology of Mitosis, German Cancer Research Center, Im Neuenheimer Feld 280, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
FEBS Lett 532:211-5. 2002..The human homologue of Sec5, a protein involved in vesicle transport and secretion, was identified as a binding partner...
- The Sec6/8 complex in mammalian cells: characterization of mammalian Sec3, subunit interactions, and expression of subunits in polarized cellsH T Matern
Genentech, Inc, Department of Richard Scheller, South San Francisco, CA 94080 4990, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:9648-53. 2001..17% sequence identity with yeast Sec3p, interacts in the two-hybrid system with other subunits of the complex (Sec5 and Sec8), and is expressed in almost all tissues tested...
- Compartmentalization of the cell cortex by septins is required for maintenance of cell polarity in yeastY Barral
Department of Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
Mol Cell 5:841-51. 2000..that cells lacking septins at the bud neck failed to maintain the exocytosis and morphogenesis factors Spa2, Sec3, Sec5, and Myo2 in the bud during isotropic growth...
- Exo84p is an exocyst protein essential for secretionW Guo
Department of Cell Biology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520 8002, USA
J Biol Chem 274:23558-64. 1999..The assembly of Exo84p into the exocyst complex requires two other subunits, Sec5p and Sec10p. Exo84p interacts with both Sec5p and Sec10p in a two-hybrid assay...
- Sec3p is involved in secretion and morphogenesis in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeF P Finger
Department of Cell Biology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520 8002, USA
Mol Biol Cell 8:647-62. 1997..The SEC3 gene in high copy suppresses pfy1-111 and sec5-24 and causes synthetic growth defects with ypt1, sec8-9, sec10-2, and sec15-1...
- Synaptotagmin II expression partially rescues the growth defect of the yeast sec15 secretory mutantC K Damer
Department of Pharmacology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville 22908, USA
Biol Cell 88:55-63. 1996..No suppression was observed when synaptotagmin II was expressed in sec1, sec2, sec4, sec5, sec6, sec8, sec9, sec14, sec17, or sec18...
- The Exocyst is a multiprotein complex required for exocytosis in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeD R Terbush
Yale University School of Medicine, Department of Cell Biology, New Haven, CT 06520 8002, USA
EMBO J 15:6483-94. 1996..possibility, we cloned and sequenced the SEC5 and SEC10 genes, disrupted them, and either epitope tagged them (Sec5p) or prepared polyclonal antisera (Sec10p) to them for co-immunoprecipitation studies...
- Yeast syntaxins Sso1p and Sso2p belong to a family of related membrane proteins that function in vesicular transportM K Aalto
VTT Biotechnical Laboratory, Espoo, Finland
EMBO J 12:4095-104. 1993..copy number can suppress sec1 mutations and also mutations in several other late acting SEC genes, such as SEC3, SEC5, SEC9 and SEC15...
- An exocyst complex functions in plant cell growth in Arabidopsis and tobaccoMichal Hála
Institute of Experimental Botany, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, 165 02 Prague 6, Czech Republic
Plant Cell 20:1330-45. 2008..Double mutants in exocyst subunits (sec5 exo70A1 and sec8 exo70A1) show a synergistic defect in etiolated hypocotyl elongation...
- Genetic differences between five European populationsValentina Moskvina
MRC Centre for Neuropsychiatric Genetics and Genomics, Department of Psychological Medicine and Neurology, School of Medicine, Cardiff University, Cardiff, UK
Hum Hered 70:141-9. 2010..We sought to examine the magnitude of the differences in SNP allele frequencies between five European populations (Scotland, Ireland, Sweden, Bulgaria and Portugal) and to identify the loci with the greatest differences...
- Salmonella-directed recruitment of new membrane to invasion foci via the host exocyst complexChristina D Nichols
Department of Microbiology, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, VA 22908 0732, USA
Curr Biol 20:1316-20. 2010..Knockdown of RalA or Sec5 results in reduced membrane ruffling at sites of attachment and impairs bacterial entry into host cells...
- Fucosyltransferase 2 (FUT2) non-secretor status is associated with Crohn's diseaseDermot P B McGovern
Inflammatory Bowel and Immunobiology Research Institute, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA
Hum Mol Genet 19:3468-76. 2010..associations with genes involved in tight junctions/epithelial integrity (ASHL, ARPC1A), innate immunity (EXOC2), dendritic cell biology [CADM1 (IGSF4)], macrophage development (MMD2), TGF-beta signaling (MAP3K7IP1) and FUT2 (..
- Sec5 and Exo84 foster oncogenic ras-mediated tumorigenesisSameer H Issaq
Department of Pharmacology and Cancer Biology, Duke University Medical Center, DUMC 3813, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Mol Cancer Res 8:223-31. 2010..Here, we report that shRNA-mediated knockdown of the Ral effector proteins Sec5 and Exo84, but less so in the case of RalBP1, reduced oncogenic RalGEF-mediated transformation and oncogenic Ras-..
- Sec6, Sec8, and Sec15 are components of a multisubunit complex which localizes to small bud tips in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeD R Terbush
Department of Cell Biology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06510, USA
J Cell Biol 130:299-312. 1995..The composition of the Sec6/8/15 complex is disrupted specifically in the sec3-2, sec5-24, and sec10-2 strain backgrounds...
- STING regulates intracellular DNA-mediated, type I interferon-dependent innate immunityHiroki Ishikawa
Department of Medicine and Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, Florida 33136, USA
Nature 461:788-92. 2009..TBK1) from the endoplasmic reticulum to perinuclear vesicles containing the exocyst component Sec5 (also known as EXOC2)...
- Genome-wide association study of tanning phenotype in a population of European ancestryHongmei Nan
Channing Laboratory, Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Invest Dermatol 129:2250-7. 2009..Overall, these tanning ability-related loci are similar to the hair color-related loci previously reported in the GWAS of hair color...
- Solution structure and dynamics of the small GTPase RalB in its active conformation: significance for effector protein bindingR Bryn Fenwick
Department of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge, UK
Biochemistry 48:2192-206. 2009..Crystal structures of RalA in the free form and in complex with its effectors, Sec5 and Exo84, have been solved...
- An internal domain of Exo70p is required for actin-independent localization and mediates assembly of specific exocyst componentsAlex H Hutagalung
Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Mol Biol Cell 20:153-63. 2009..it leads to synthetic lethality with many secretory mutations, defects in exocyst assembly of exocyst components Sec5p and Sec6p, and loss of actin-independent localization...
- The RalB-RLIP76 complex reveals a novel mode of ral-effector interactionR Brynmor Fenwick
Department of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge, Cambridge CB2 1GA, UK
Structure 18:985-95. 2010..complex reveals a novel mode of binding compared to the structures of RalA complexed with the exocyst components Sec5 and Exo84...
- Involvement of Exoc3l, a protein structurally related to the exocyst subunit Sec6, in insulin secretionTetsuya Saito
Division of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, Kobe, Japan
Biomed Res 29:85-91. 2008..In co-immunoprecipitation experiments, Exoc3l was found to interact with Sec5, Sec8, and Sec10, all of which are binding partners of Sec6 in the exocyst complex...
- Characterization of RalB-Sec5-TBK1 function in human oncogenesisYuchen Chien
Department of Cell Biology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas, USA
Methods Enzymol 438:321-9. 2008..A direct Ral effector protein, Sec5, is a subunit of the exocyst complex, and is required to mediate RalB-dependent survival signals in transformed ..
- Regulation of platelet dense granule secretion by the Ral GTPase-exocyst pathwayMitsunori Kawato
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine and Frontier Technology Center, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
J Biol Chem 283:166-74. 2008..This secretion was inhibited by the addition of GTP-Ral-binding domain (RBD) of Sec5, which is a component of the exocyst complex known to function as a tethering factor at the plasma membrane for ..
- Candida albicans hyphal morphogenesis occurs in Sec3p-independent and Sec3p-dependent phases separated by septin ring formationChang Run Li
Candida albicans Molecular and Cell Biology Laboratory, Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, 61 Biopolis Drive, 138673, Singapore
J Cell Sci 120:1898-907. 2007..Co-immunoprecipitation experiments detected association of the septin Cdc3p with the exocyst subunits Sec3p and Sec5p. Our results reveal that C...
- Akt-PDK1 complex mediates epidermal growth factor-induced membrane protrusion through Ral activationHisayoshi Yoshizaki
Department of Structural Analysis, National Cardiovascular Center Research Institute, Osaka 565 8565, Japan
Mol Biol Cell 18:119-28. 2007..formation was promoted by the overexpression of Akt and inhibited by an Akt inhibitor or a Ral-binding domain of Sec5. These results identified the Akt-PDK1 complex as an upstream positive regulator of Ral GTPase in the induction of ..
- RalB GTPase-mediated activation of the IkappaB family kinase TBK1 couples innate immune signaling to tumor cell survivalYuchen Chien
Department of Cell Biology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Cell 127:157-70. 2006..Reported effector proteins of RalB include the Sec5 component of the exocyst, an octameric protein complex implicated in tethering of vesicles to membranes...
- Drosophila exocyst components Sec5, Sec6, and Sec15 regulate DE-Cadherin trafficking from recycling endosomes to the plasma membraneJohanna Langevin
Polarité Cellulaire chez la drosophile, UMR 144, Paris, France
Dev Cell 9:365-76. 2005..Loss of function of the Drosophila exocyst components sec5, sec6, and sec15 in epithelial cells results in DE-Cad accumulation in an enlarged Rab11 recycling endosomal ..
- The exocyst component Sec5 is present on endocytic vesicles in the oocyte of Drosophila melanogasterBernhard Sommer
Medical Research Council Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge CB2 2QH, England, UK
J Cell Biol 169:953-63. 2005..We have found that in Drosophila melanogaster oocytes the majority of the exocyst component Sec5 is unexpectedly present in clathrin-coated pits and vesicles at the plasma membrane...
- Essential function of Drosophila Sec6 in apical exocytosis of epithelial photoreceptor cellsSlobodan Beronja
Department of Zoology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario M5S 3G5, Canada
J Cell Biol 169:635-46. 2005..In developing photoreceptor cells (PRCs), Sec6 but not Sec5 or Sec8 shows accumulation at adherens junctions...
- CHARLES A YEAMAN; Fiscal Year: 2014..Ral GTPases regulate different steps in Exocyst-dependent trafficking, through sequential interactions with the Sec5 and Exo84 subunits...
- Role of TTK/Mps-1 upregulation by Ral GTPase activation in pancreatic oncogenesisJeran K Stratford; Fiscal Year: 2013..RalBP1/RLIP76 and the Sec5 and Exo84 exocyst components are the best- characterized Ral effectors and I will determine if Ral mutants that ..
- Wei Guo; Fiscal Year: 2016..The exocyst, a multiprotein complex consisting of Sec3, Sec5, Sec6, Sec8, Sec10, Sec15, Exo70 and Exo84, mediates exocytosis and polarized cell surface expansion...
- Alan R Saltiel; Fiscal Year: 2016..along the final steps of the journey via actin cables to the exocyst, where it binds to the exocyst components Sec5 and Exo84...
- The role of RalA in pancreatic tumorigenesisStephan DiSean Kendall; Fiscal Year: 2012..Specific Aim 2: Determine whether RalA functions through its known effectors RalBPI, Exo84, or Sec5 to mediate the development of pancreatic cancer...
- GENETICS OF SECRETION IN YEASTPeter J Novick; Fiscal Year: 2010..Tethering requires a complex containing Sec3, Sec5, Sec6, Sec8, SeclO, SeclS, Exo 70 and Exo84, termed the exocyst....
- MEMBRANE TRAFFIC IN NORMAL AND TRANSFORMED CELLSPeter Novick; Fiscal Year: 2007..A possible cell cycle checkpoint for Golgi partitioning will be evaluated. ..
- COHORT STUDY OF GENETIC MARKERS IN COLON CANCERDavid Hunter; Fiscal Year: 2005..They conclude that confirmation of risk genotypes would also be useful in identifying persons at high risk of colon cancer and assist in focusing screening efforts. ..
- Susceptibility mechanism in alcoholic pancreatitisHerbert Gaisano; Fiscal Year: 2007..Significance: These actions of alcohol on pancreatic acinar PM-Munc18c may be the 'sentinel' event that initiates the role of alcohol in pancreatic injury, and which could be therapeutically targeted. ..
- COHORT STUDY OF GENETIC SUSCEPTIBILITY TO BREAST CANCERDAVID JOHN HUNTER; Fiscal Year: 2010..Understanding the causes of the age-related shortening of telomeres may offer modifiable means of reducing breast cancer risk. ..
- Multicenter Genetics Studies of SchizophreniaDouglas Levinson; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- GENETIC LINKAGE OF SCHIZOPHRENIA AND RELATED STUDIESDouglas Levinson; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- MOLECULAR GENETICS OF SCHIZOPHRENIADouglas Levinson; Fiscal Year: 2007..The goal of the study is to identify one or more SZ susceptibility genes whose subsequent characterization inmolecular and functional studies will elucidate the pathophysiology and treatment of SZ. ..
- Genetics of Early-Onset DepressionDouglas Levinson; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..