Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ets1
Description: ETS proto-oncogene 1, transcription factor
Alias: ETS-1, EWSR2, c-ets-1, p54, protein C-ets-1, Avian erythroblastosis virus E26 (v-ets) oncogene homolog-1, v-ets avian erythroblastosis virus E2 oncogene homolog 1, v-ets avian erythroblastosis virus E26 oncogene homolog 1
Publications212 found, 100 shown here
- The Ets-1 transcription factor is involved in the development and invasion of malignant melanomaT Rothhammer
Institute of Pathology, University of Regensburg, Franz Josef Strauss Allee 11, 93042, Regensburg, Germany
Cell Mol Life Sci 61:118-28. 2004..This can be attributed to the role of Ets-1 in transcriptional regulation of factors involved in invasion of melanoma cells. We conclude that over-expression of Ets-1 during melanoma development contributes to the malignant phenotype...
- Regulation of the human interleukin-5 promoter by Ets transcription factors. Ets1 and Ets2, but not Elf-1, cooperate with GATA3 and HTLV-I Tax1S G Blumenthal
Institut fur Zellbiologie, Abteilung Molekularbiologie, Universitat Tubingen, Auf der Morgenstelle 15, 72076 Tubingen, Germany
J Biol Chem 274:12910-6. 1999..Studying the regulation of IL-5 gene expression by Ets transcription factors, we found that Ets1 and Ets2, but not Elf-1, were able to activate the human IL-5 promoter in Jurkat T-cells...
- Assembly and function of a TCR alpha enhancer complex is dependent on LEF-1-induced DNA bending and multiple protein-protein interactionsK Giese
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Microbiology, University of California, San Francisco 94143 0414, USA
Genes Dev 9:995-1008. 1995....
- A role for CREB binding protein and p300 transcriptional coactivators in Ets-1 transactivation functionsC Yang
Department of Biochemistry, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, USA
Mol Cell Biol 18:2218-29. 1998..Our results indicate that CBP/p300 may mediate antagonistic and synergistic interactions between Ets-1 and other transcription factors that use CBP/p300 as a coactivator, including c-Myb and AP-1...
- Transcriptional regulation of osteopontin gene in vivo by PEBP2alphaA/CBFA1 and ETS1 in the skeletal tissuesM Sato
Department of Pathology, Osaka University Medical School, Suita, Japan
Oncogene 17:1517-25. 1998..Opn promoter activity was markedly enhanced by PEBP2alphaA and ETS1 in a synergistic manner...
- p300/cAMP-responsive element-binding protein interactions with ets-1 and ets-2 in the transcriptional activation of the human stromelysin promoterG Jayaraman
Lurie Cancer Center and Microbiology and Immunology Department, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
J Biol Chem 274:17342-52. 1999..We show that mutation of this site does not affect its capacity to bind to and to cooperate with p300/CBP...
- EAP1/Daxx interacts with ETS1 and represses transcriptional activation of ETS1 target genesR Li
Center for Molecular and Structural Biology, Department of Medicine, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston 29425, USA
Oncogene 19:745-53. 2000b>ETS1 is a member of the evolutionarily conserved family of ets genes, which are transcription factors that bind to unique DNA sequences, either alone or by association with other proteins...
- c-Ets1 is a promising marker in epithelial ovarian cancerN Takai
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Oita Medical University, Oita 879 5593, Japan
Int J Mol Med 9:287-92. 2002c-Ets1 controls the expression of some genes involved in extracellular matrix remodeling...
- ETS-1 transcription factor binds cooperatively to the palindromic head to head ETS-binding sites of the stromelysin-1 promoter by counteracting autoinhibitionDavid Baillat
CNRS Unité Mixte de Recherche 8526, Institut de Biologie de Lille, Institut Pasteur de Lille, B P 447, 1 rue Calmette, 59021 Lille Cedex, France
J Biol Chem 277:29386-98. 2002..In contrast, p42 showed a poorer transactivation, reinforcing the significance of cooperative binding for full transactivation. It is the first time that ETS-1 was shown to be able to counteract its own autoinhibition...
- Structural analysis of the autoinhibition of Ets-1 and its role in protein partnershipsColin W Garvie
Department of Biophysics and Biophysical Chemistry and the Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205 2185, USA
J Biol Chem 277:45529-36. 2002....
- EAPII interacts with ETS1 and modulates its transcriptional functionHuiping Pei
Laboratory of Cancer Genomics, Hollings Cancer Center, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
Oncogene 22:2699-709. 2003..b>ETS1 plays important roles in differentiation, lymphoid cell development, invasiveness and angiogenesis...
- In vivo evidence of angiogenesis induced by transcription factor Ets-1: Ets-1 is located upstream of angiogenesis cascadeNaotaka Hashiya
Division of Clinical Gene Therapy, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University, Suita, Osaka, Japan
Circulation 109:3035-41. 2004..Thus, we examined (1) the effects of overexpression of the ets-1 gene on angiogenesis in a rat hindlimb ischemia model, and (2) how ets-1 induced angiogenesis...
- Ras/mitogen-activated protein kinase signaling activates Ets-1 and Ets-2 by CBP/p300 recruitmentCharles E Foulds
Huntsman Cancer Institute, 2000 Circle of Hope, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84112 5550, USA
Mol Cell Biol 24:10954-64. 2004..In addition, our findings decipher the mechanistic link between Ras/MAPK signaling and two specific transcription factors that are relevant to both normal development and tumorigenesis...
- Expression of the ets-1 proto-oncogene in human breast carcinoma: differential expression with histological grading and growth patternS Katayama
Department of Molecular Pathology, Atomic Bomb Disease Institute, Nagasaki University Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Nagasaki 852 8523, Japan
Histol Histopathol 20:119-26. 2005....
- Overexpression of Ets-1 proto-oncogene in latent and clinical prostatic carcinomasG Alipov
Tissue and Histopathology Section, Division of Scientific Data Registry, Atomic Bomb Disease Institute, Nagasaki University Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Nagasaki, Japan
Histopathology 46:202-8. 2005..Therefore, in this study, expression of Ets-1 protein was investigated in 'latent' prostatic cancer detected at autopsy, compared with benign prostatic hyperplasia, normal prostatic tissues and clinical prostatic cancer...
- Associations and interactions between Ets-1 and Ets-2 and coregulatory proteins, SRC-1, AIB1, and NCoR in breast cancerEddie Myers
Department of Surgery, Saint Vincent s University Hospital University College Dublin, Dublin 4, Ireland
Clin Cancer Res 11:2111-22. 2005..We investigated the mitogen-activated protein kinase-activated transcription factors, Ets, as possible interaction proteins for the coactivators SRC-1 and AIB1 and the corepressor NCoR in human breast cancer...
- Ets-1 expression promotes epithelial cell transformation by inducing migration, invasion and anchorage-independent growthJens Claus Hahne
Institute of Pathology, University of Bonn, PO Box 2120, 53011 Bonn, Germany
Oncogene 24:5384-8. 2005..These results suggest that, in addition to its role in the tumor stroma, Ets-1 may also promote tumor development and progression by increasing neoplastic transformation...
- ets-1 is transcriptionally up-regulated by H2O2 via an antioxidant response elementLeigh A Wilson
Juravinski Cancer Center and Department of Pathology and Molecular Medicine, Faculty of Health Sciences, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
FASEB J 19:2085-7. 2005..Ets-1 has obvious deleterious effects in many cancer cells, and thus, the identification of this regulatory pathway has provided possible targets for manipulating its expression...
- Fli1 and Ets1 have distinct roles in connective tissue growth factor/CCN2 gene regulation and induction of the profibrotic gene programSashidhar S Nakerakanti
Division of Rheumatology and Immunology, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina 29425, USA
J Biol Chem 281:25259-69. 2006..regulation of CCN2 gene expression by Ets family of transcription factors, focusing on two members, Fli1 and Ets1, with deregulated expression during fibrosis and tumorigenesis...
- Properties and regulation of a transiently assembled ERK2.Ets-1 signaling complexKari A Callaway
Graduate Program in Biochemistry, University of Texas, Austin, Texas 78712 0252, USA
Biochemistry 45:13719-33. 2006..Displacement of EtsDelta138 from ERK2 by the peptide N-AKLSFQFPS-C derived from Elk-1 shows that EtsDelta138 communicates with the F-recruitment site of ERK2 also...
- A role for mitogen-activated protein kinase and Ets-1 in the induction of interleukin-10 transcription by human immunodeficiency virus-1 TatJames C B Li
Department of Paediatrics and Adolescent Medicine and Bio Screening Unit, Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine, Teh University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
Immunology 121:337-48. 2007..In conclusion, the coordinated activities of p38 MAPK and the transcription factors, Ets-1 and Sp-1, may play an important role in the HIV-1 Tat-induced IL-10 transcription...
- Distinct classes of chromosomal rearrangements create oncogenic ETS gene fusions in prostate cancerScott A Tomlins
Michigan Center for Translational Pathology, Department of Pathology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Nature 448:595-9. 2007..Furthermore, the identification of androgen-repressed and insensitive 5' fusion partners may have implications for the anti-androgen treatment of advanced prostate cancer...
- New androgen receptor genomic targets show an interaction with the ETS1 transcription factorCharles E Massie
Uro Oncology Research Group, Department of Oncology, University of Cambridge, Cancer Research UK Cambridge, Research Institute, Li Ka Shing Centre, Robinson Way, Cambridge CB2 0RE, UK
EMBO Rep 8:871-8. 2007..Binding sequences for the avian erythroblastosis virus E26 homologue (ETS) transcription factor family were also highly enriched, and we uncovered an interaction between the AR and ETS1 at a subset of AR promoter targets.
- Ets-1 proto-oncogene as a potential predictor for poor prognosis of lung adenocarcinomaEiichiro Yamaguchi
Division of Surgical Oncology, Nagasaki University Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, 1 7 1 Sakamoto, Nagasaki852 8501, Japan
Tohoku J Exp Med 213:41-50. 2007..Ets-1 appears to be a useful predictor of poor prognosis after surgical resection in lung adenocarcinoma patients. Ets-1 expression could be used to evaluate the malignant behaviors of lung adenocarcinomas...
- Ets-1 regulates plasma cell differentiation by interfering with the activity of the transcription factor Blimp-1Shinu A John
Department of Biochemistry, State University of New York, Buffalo, New York 14214, USA
J Biol Chem 283:951-62. 2008..These results reveal a previously unknown mechanism for the control of Blimp-1 activity by Ets-1 and suggest that expression of Ets-1 must be down-regulated before plasmacytic differentiation can occur...
- Regulation of hypoxia-inducible genes by ETS1 transcription factorKonstantin Salnikow
Laboratory of Comparative Carcinogenesis, National Cancer Institute at Frederick, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
Carcinogenesis 29:1493-9. 2008..factors involved in the regulation of hypoxia-inducible genes by cell density, we focused our attention on ETS1. As reported previously, members of v-ets erythroblastosis virus E26 oncogene homolog (ETS) family transcription ..
- The role of SPINK1 in ETS rearrangement-negative prostate cancersScott A Tomlins
Michigan Center for Translational Pathology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Cancer Cell 13:519-28. 2008..We identified the aggressive 22RV1 cell line as a SPINK1 outlier expression model and demonstrate that SPINK1 knockdown in 22RV1 attenuates invasion, suggesting a functional role in ETS rearrangement-negative prostate cancers...
- Regulation of the transcription factor Ets-1 by DNA-mediated homo-dimerizationEkaterina P Lamber
EMBL Hamburg, c o DESY, Hamburg, Germany
EMBO J 27:2006-17. 2008..Our findings may also explain previous data of Ets-1 function in the context of heterologous transcription factors, thus providing a molecular model that could also be valid for Ets-1 regulation by hetero-oligomeric assembly...
- DNA-dependent protein kinase is a novel interaction partner for Ets-1 isoformsSouhaila Choul-Li
CNRS UMR 8161, Institut de Biologie de Lille, Institut Pasteur de Lille, Univ Lille Nord de France, IFR 142, BP 447, 1 rue du Pr Calmette, 59021 Lille Cedex, France
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 390:839-44. 2009..These results illustrate how detecting novel molecular interactions may provide new clues for understanding the diverse functions of Ets-1...
- DNA specificity determinants associate with distinct transcription factor functionsPeter C Hollenhorst
Huntsman Cancer Institute, Department of Oncological Sciences, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah, United States of America
PLoS Genet 5:e1000778. 2009..The ETS family transcription factor, ETS1, exemplifies these challenges...
- Dual specificity phosphatase 6 (DUSP6) is an ETS-regulated negative feedback mediator of oncogenic ERK signaling in lung cancer cellsZhenfeng Zhang
Department of Pathology, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, University Hospitals Case Medical Center and Ireland Cancer Center, Case Comprehensive Cancer Center, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Carcinogenesis 31:577-86. 2010..expression tracks in tandem with ERK inhibition and that regulation of DUSP6 is mediated at the promoter level by ETS1, a well-known nuclear target of activated ERK...
- Genome-wide association study in Asian populations identifies variants in ETS1 and WDFY4 associated with systemic lupus erythematosusWanling Yang
Department of Paediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, LKS Faculty of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam, Hong Kong
PLoS Genet 6:e1000841. 2010..Mainland China, and Thailand, as well as 4,200 ethnically and geographically matched controls, genetic variants in ETS1 and WDFY4 were found to be associated with SLE (ETS1: rs1128334, P = 2.33x10(-11), OR = 1...
- Drug resistant breast cancer cells overexpress ETS1 geneMeltem Demirel Kars
Department of Biological Sciences, Middle East Technical University, Eskisehir Yolu, 06531 Ankara, Turkey
Biomed Pharmacother 64:458-62. 2010..MDR is a serious limitation to the effective chemotherapy. Involvement of ETS1 overexpression in upregulation of MDR1 gene expression is implicated...
- TNIP1, SLC15A4, ETS1, RasGRP3 and IKZF1 are associated with clinical features of systemic lupus erythematosus in a Chinese Han populationC F He
The First Affiliated Hospital, Anhui Medical University, Anhui, China
Lupus 19:1181-6. 2010..Five novel susceptibility genes (TNIP1, SLC15A4, ETS1, RasGRP3 and IKZF1) for SLE have been identified in a recent genome-wide association study of a Chinese Han ..
- miR-200b targets Ets-1 and is down-regulated by hypoxia to induce angiogenic response of endothelial cellsYuk Cheung Chan
Department of Surgery, Davis Heart and Lung Research Institute, The Ohio State University Medical Center, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
J Biol Chem 286:2047-56. 2011..This study provides the first evidence that hypoxia-sensitive miR-200b is involved in induction of angiogenesis via directly targeting Ets-1 in HMECs...
- miR-125b is methylated and functions as a tumor suppressor by regulating the ETS1 proto-oncogene in human invasive breast cancerYan Zhang
State Key Laboratory of Oncology in Southern China, and Department of Pathology, Sun Yat sen University Cancer Center, Guangzhou, PR China
Cancer Res 71:3552-62. 2011..We identified the ETS1 gene as a novel direct target of miR-125b...
- Lack of association of miR-146a and Ets-1 gene polymorphisms with Fuchs uveitis syndrome in Chinese Han patientsQingyun Zhou
The First Affiliated Hospital of Chongqing Medical University, Chongqing Key Laboratory of Ophthalmology, and Chongqing Eye Institute, Chongqing, P R China
Mol Vis 18:426-30. 2012..The aim of this study was to investigate the potential association of microRNA-146a (miR-146a) and V-Ets oncogene homolog 1 (Ets-1) gene polymorphisms with Fuchs Uveitis syndrome (FUS)...
- ETS transcription factors and prostate cancer: the role of the family prototype ETS-1 (review)Zaki Shaikhibrahim
Institute of Pathology, University Hospital Bonn, D 53127 Bonn, Germany
Int J Oncol 40:1748-54. 2012..In this review, we focus on studies investigating the role of ETS-1 in prostate cancer...
- Role of Ets-1 in fibronectin-derived heparin-binding domain polypeptides alleviating melanoma cell invasiveness and chemoresistanceNanhong Tang
Fujian Institute of Hepatobiliary Surgery, Fujian Medical University Union Hospital, Fuzhou, China
Exp Dermatol 23:512-3. 2014..Combining rhFNHN29 or rhFNHC36 with EPI may be a good way to alleviate invasiveness or chemoresistance in melanoma...
- Serum, AP-1 and Ets-1 stimulate the human ets-1 promoterM A Majerus
Unite 124 INSERM, Institut de Recherches sur le Cancer de Lille, France
Nucleic Acids Res 20:2699-703. 1992..Striking, AP-1 and Ets-1 motifs are found in oncogene responsive units (ORU's) of other promoters, suggesting that combining these motifs is a common mechanism for generating mitogen responsive transcription elements...
- Reciprocal expression of human ETS1 and ETS2 genes during T-cell activation: regulatory role for the protooncogene ETS1N K Bhat
Laboratory of Molecular Oncology, National Cancer Institute, Frederick, MD 21701 1013
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 87:3723-7. 1990The expression of the protooncogenes ETS1 and ETS2 has been studied in purified human T cells activated either by cross-linking of the T-cell receptor-CD3 complex on their cell surface or by direct stimulation with phorbol esters and ..
- The ets sequence from the transforming gene of avian erythroblastosis virus, E26, has unique domains on human chromosomes 11 and 21: both loci are transcriptionally activeD K Watson
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 82:7294-8. 1985..Thus, the tripartite transforming gene of E26 includes four distinct domains that may be functionally relevant for the transforming function of the virus (delta gag, myb, ets-1, and ets-2)...
- Expression of the transcription factor Ets-1 is an independent prognostic marker for relapse-free survival in breast cancerPaul N Span
Department of Chemical Endocrinology, University Medical Center Nijmegen, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Oncogene 21:8506-9. 2002..This seems - at least in part - to be attributable to its role in transcriptional regulation of factors involved in angiogenesis (VEGF), and extracellular matrix remodeling (PAI-1)...
- Clinical implications of expression of ETS-1 in relation to angiogenesis in ovarian cancersSufia Khatun
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Gifu University School of Medicine, Gifu 500 8705, Japan
Cancer Sci 94:769-73. 2003..This indicates that ETS-1 might act as an angiogenic mediator in, and be a prognostic factor for, ovarian cancers...
- Overexpression of Ets-1 in human hematopoietic progenitor cells blocks erythroid and promotes megakaryocytic differentiationV Lulli
Department of Hematology, Oncology and Molecular Medicine, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, 00161 Rome, Italy
Cell Death Differ 13:1064-74. 2006..We show that Ets-1 binds to and activates the GATA-2 promoter, in vitro and in vivo, indicating that one of the pathways through which Ets-1 blocks erythroid and promotes MK differentiation is via upmodulation of GATA-2 expression...
- Regulation of the Ets-1 transcription factor by sumoylation and ubiquitinylationZ Ji
UMR 8161, Institut de Biologie de Lille, CNRS, Institut Pasteur de Lille, Universite de Lille 1, Universite de Lille 2, Lille Cedex, France
Oncogene 26:395-406. 2007..These data show that Ets-1 can be modified by sumoylation and/or ubiquitinylation, with sumoylation repressing transcriptional activity of Ets-1 and having no clear antagonistic action on the ubiquitin-proteasome degradation pathway...
- Increased expression of avian erythroblastosis virus E26 oncogene homolog 1 in World Health Organization grade 1 meningiomas is associated with an elevated risk of recurrence and is correlated with the expression of its target genes matrix metalloproteinaAli Fuat Okuducu
Institute of Neuropathology, Charite Universitaetsmedizin Berlin, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Berlin, Germany
Cancer 107:1365-72. 2006..To determine the biologic significance of Ets-1 in the progression of benign meningiomas, the authors investigated the expressions of Ets-1 and its target genes MMP-2 and MMP-9 in primary and recurrent, Grade 1 meningiomas...
- cAMP-responding element-binding protein and c-Ets1 interact in the regulation of ATP-dependent MUC5AC gene expressionKyoung Seob Song
Airway Mucus Institute, Yonsei University College of Medicine, 134 Shinchon dong, Seodaemun gu, Seoul 120 752, Korea
J Biol Chem 283:26869-78. 2008..ATP-induced MUC5AC mRNA levels were regulated by CREB via direct interaction with c-Ets1 on the MUC5AC gene promoter (located -938 to -930). Effects of CREB and c-Ets1 were additive...
- Epiregulin expression by Ets-1 and ERK signaling pathway in Ki-ras-transformed cellsMin Chul Cho
Department of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Konkuk University, 1 Hwayng dong, Gwangjin gu, Seoul 143 701, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 377:832-7. 2008..We suggest that the Ki-ras mutation in 267B1 prostate cells constitutively activates the RAF/MEK/ERK pathway and induces the activation of the Ets-1 transcription factor, ultimately leading to the increased expression of epiregulin...
- Ets-1 binds cooperatively to the palindromic Ets-binding sites in the p53 promoterDavid Baillat
CNRS Unité Mixte de Recherche 8161, Institut de Biologie de Lille, Institut Pasteur de Lille, Universités de Lille 1 and Lille 2, IFR 142, B P 447, 1 rue du Pr Calmette, 59021 Lille Cedex, France
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 378:213-7. 2009..Thus, the cooperative binding model that we initially proposed for the stromelysin-1 promoter may be a general mechanism of Ets-1 binding to palindromic EBS separated by 4bp and a way to counteract binding site degeneracy...
- Ets-1 p27: a novel Ets-1 isoform with dominant-negative effects on the transcriptional properties and the subcellular localization of Ets-1 p51C Laitem
CNRS Unité Mixte de Recherche 8161, Institut de Biologie de Lille, Institut Pasteur de Lille, Universités de Lille 1 and Lille 2, IFR 142, Lille, France
Oncogene 28:2087-99. 2009..Thus the dual-acting dominant-negative function of Ets-1 p27 gives to the Ets-1 p27/Ets-1 p51 ratio a determining effect on cell fate...
- Ets-1 p51 and p42 isoforms differentially modulate Stromelysin-1 promoter according to induced DNA bend orientationGabriel Leprivier
CNRS UMR 8161, Institut de Biologie de Lille, Université de Lille 1 and Lille 2, IFR 142, BP 447, 59021 Lille Cedex, France
Nucleic Acids Res 37:4341-52. 2009..These results establish that differential DNA bending, via p51 and p42 differential binding, is correlated with the Stromelysin-1 promoter activation process...
- Transcription factor Ets-1 in cytokine and chemokine gene regulationLisa Russell
Department of Biochemistry, Developmental Genetics Focus Group, Center of Excellence in Bioinformatics and Life Sciences, State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY 14203, USA
Cytokine 51:217-26. 2010..Furthermore, we review in detail the current understanding of Ets-1 regulation of cytokine and chemokine expression and how this may relate to the biological roles of Ets-1 in regulating immunity as well as in cancer progression...
- Transcriptional silencing of the ETS1 oncogene contributes to human granulocytic differentiationValentina Lulli
Dept of Hematology, Oncology and Molecular Medicine, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Viale Regina Elena 299, Rome, Italy
Haematologica 95:1633-41. 2010..This study focuses on the role of Ets-1 during granulocytic differentiation of NB4 promyelocytic and HL60 myeloblastic leukemia cell lines induced by all-trans retinoic acid...
- [Molecular mechanisms controlling cellular proliferation in the vascular system]B Vandenbunder
CNRS URA 1160, Institut Pasteur, Lille
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 86:39-45. 1993..The description of the role of this molecule in the network controlling angiogenesis should enable the definition or evaluation of therapeutic actions targetting this process...
- Human ETS1 oncoprotein. Purification, isoforms, -SH modification, and DNA sequence-specific bindingR J Fisher
Laboratory of Cellular Biochemistry, Program Resources, Inc DynCorp, Frederick Cancer Research and Development Center, Maryland
J Biol Chem 267:17957-65. 1992The human ETS1 proto-oncogene proteins have been isolated from the T-cell leukemia line, CEM, by immunoaffinity chromatography and their identity confirmed by NH2-terminal amino acid sequencing...
- TNFalpha induces expression of transcription factors c-fos, Egr-1, and Ets-1 in vascular lesions through extracellular signal-regulated kinases 1/2S Goetze
Department of Medicine Cardiology, Virchow Klinikum, Humboldt University Berlin and German Heart Institute Berlin, Augustenburger Platz 1, 13353, Berlin, Germany
Atherosclerosis 159:93-101. 2001..These findings underscore the importance of the ERK 1/2 pathway in the expression of TNFalpha-regulated transcription factors, which may participate in different forms of vascular lesion formation...
- The transcription factor ETS-1: its role in tumour development and strategies for its inhibitionJens Claus Hahne
Institute of Pathology, University of Bonn, P O Box 2120, 53011 Bonn, Germany
Mini Rev Med Chem 8:1095-105. 2008..We then discuss specific strategies for Ets-1 inhibition as a potential tool for cancer treatment...
- Effects of provirus integration in the Tpl-1/Ets-1 locus in Moloney murine leukemia virus-induced rat T-cell lymphomas: levels of expression, polyadenylation, transcriptional initiation, and differential splicing of the Ets-1 mRNAA Bellacosa
Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111
J Virol 68:2320-30. 1994....
- Functional evolution of Ets in echinoderms with focus on the evolution of echinoderm larval skeletonsHiroyuki Koga
Graduate School of Life and Environmental Sciences, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, 305 8572, Japan
Dev Genes Evol 220:107-15. 2010..of echinoderm pluteus larva was examined from the standpoint of functional evolution of a transcription factor Ets1/2. In sea urchins, Ets1/2 plays a central role in the differentiation of larval skeletogenic mesenchyme cells...
- The EndoA enhancer contains multiple ETS binding site repeats and is regulated by ETS proteinsA Seth
Laboratory of Molecular Oncology, National Cancer Institute, Frederick, Maryland 21702 1201
Oncogene 9:469-77. 1994..that did not show any point mutations in the ETS binding sites were chosen to study the transcription regulation by ETS1, ETS2 and ERGB/FLI-1 gene products...
- Selective conversion of big endothelins to tracheal smooth muscle-constricting 31-amino acid-length endothelins by chymase from human mast cellsA Nakano
Division of Enzyme Chemistry, Institute for Enzyme Research, The University of Tokushima, Japan
J Immunol 159:1987-92. 1997..Taken together, the results suggest that trachea-constricting ETs(1-31) generated by human chymase may play a role in the hyper-responsive airway in allergic inflammation...
- [Effects of vascular endothelial growth factor on apoptosis of sinusoidal endothelial cells caused by ethanol: experiment with rats]Yan Jun Zhang
Department of Gastroenterology, Beijing Hospital, Beijing 100730, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 87:3138-42. 2007....
- Involvement of the proto-oncogene c-ets 1 and the urokinase plasminogen activator during mouse implantation and placentationD Grevin
Laboratoire d Oncologie Moleculaire, CNRS URA 1160, Institut Pasteur, Lille, France
Int J Dev Biol 37:519-29. 1993Many of the Ets proteins have been shown to be transcription activators. In vitro, Ets 1 proteins are involved in the transcriptional induction of genes such as stromelysin 1, collagenase 1 or urokinase type plasminogen activator, which ..
- [Transcription factor Ets-1 expression in human fetal membranes and its clinical significance]Xin Luo
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, First Affiliated Hospital, Chongqing Medical University, Chongqing 400016, China
Zhonghua Fu Chan Ke Za Zhi 45:26-9. 2010..To investigate the role of transcription factor Ets-1 involved in premature rupture of membranes(PROM)by detecting its expression and location in human fetal membranes...
- Evaluation of insulin-like growth factor II, cyclooxygenase-2, ets-1 and thyroid-specific thyroglobulin mRNA expression in benign and malignant thyroid tumoursD Fuhrer
III Medical Department, University of Leipzig, Ph Rosenthal Str 27, 04103 Leipzig, Germany
Eur J Endocrinol 152:785-90. 2005....
- FLI1 and EWS-FLI1 function as ternary complex factors and ELK1 and SAP1a function as ternary and quaternary complex factors on the Egr1 promoter serum response elementsD K Watson
Center for Molecular and Structural Biology, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston 29425, USA
Oncogene 14:213-21. 1997..Similarly, we examined whether the ELK1, SAP1a, FLI1, EWS-FLI1, ETS1, ETS2, PEA3 and PU.1 proteins can form ternary complexes with SRF on the Egr1 SREI and II...
- Identification of ETS domain proteins in murine T lymphocytes that interact with the Moloney murine leukemia virus enhancerC V Gunther
Department of Cellular, Viral and Molecular Biology, University of Utah, School of Medicine, Salt Lake City 84132
Mol Cell Biol 14:7569-80. 1994..This strategy could be used to identify other ETS domain proteins in crude nuclear extracts. These findings suggest multiple ETS domain proteins could regulate gene expression of Mo-MuLV...
- Priming with angiopoietin-1 augments the vasculogenic potential of the peripheral blood stem cells mobilized with granulocyte colony-stimulating factor through a novel Tie2/Ets-1 pathwayMin Seok Kim
National Research Laboratory for Cardiovascular Stem Cell, Innovative Research Institute for Cell Therapy, Seoul National University Hospital, Seoul 110 744, Korea
Circulation 120:2240-50. 2009....
- Hydrocortisone modulates the expression of c-ets-1 and 72 kDa type IV collagenase in chicken dermis during early feather morphogenesisN Turque
Laboratoire de Differenciation Cellulaire, CNRS EP56, Institut Pasteur, Lille, France
Int J Dev Biol 41:103-9. 1997..We found that, among the two distinct products (p54 and p68) encoded by the chicken c-ets-1, the expression of the p68 product increased while expression of p54 ..
- Expression of c-Ets1 protein in normal human placentaNoriyuki Takai
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Oita University Faculty of Medicine, Japan
Gynecol Obstet Invest 61:15-20. 2006The proto-oncogene product c-Ets1 is a transcriptional factor that controls the expression of a number of genes involved in extracellular matrix remodeling such as stromelysin-1 (matrix metalloproteinase-3; MMP-3), collagenase-1, and ..
- Double-strand break repair in bacteriophage T4: recombination effects of 3'-5' exonuclease mutationsVictor P Shcherbakov
Institute of Problems of Chemical Physics RAS, Chernogolovka, Moscow Region 142432, Russia
Genetics 174:1729-36. 2006..Frequency of rII+ recombinants was measured in two-factor crosses of the type i x ets1, where ets1 designates an insertion in the rIIB gene carrying the cleavage site for SegC and i's are rIIB or rIIA ..
- Sequence-specific DNA binding of the proto-oncoprotein ets-1 defines a transcriptional activator sequence within the long terminal repeat of the Moloney murine sarcoma virusC V Gunther
Department of Cellular, Viral, and Molecular Biology, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City 84132
Genes Dev 4:667-79. 1990..We propose that ets-1 functions as a transcriptional activator of mammalian type-C retroviruses and speculate that ets-related genes constitute a new group of eukaryotic DNA-binding proteins...
- Expression and localization of transcription factor Ets-1 in the rat ovary during the estrous cycle and pregnancyXiaohui Xiao
Laboratory of Reproductive Endocrinology, Department of Physiology, Harbin Medical University, Harbin, People s Republic of China
Fertil Steril 91:1998-2005. 2009..To examine the expression and localization of Ets-1 in the rat ovary during the estrous cycle and pregnancy, and to investigate its effects on ovarian function...
- Stromelysin 3, Ets-1, and vascular endothelial growth factor expression in oral precancerous and cancerous lesions: correlation with microvessel density, progression, and prognosisShilpi Arora
Department of Biochemistry, Institute Rotary Cancer Hospital, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi 110 029, India
Clin Cancer Res 11:2272-84. 2005..This study was designed to test the hypothesis that concomitant expression of stromelysin 3, Ets-1, and/or VEGF affects the development, progression, and prognosis of oral cancer...
- Cyclic changes in expression of mRNA of vascular endothelial growth factor, its receptors Flt-1 and KDR/Flk-1, and Ets-1 in human corpora luteaT Endo
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Sapporo Medical University School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
Fertil Steril 76:762-8. 2001..To evaluate the expression of mRNA of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), its receptors Flt-1 and KDR/Flk-1, and Ets-1 in human corpora lutea...
- Ets-1 messenger RNA expression is a novel marker of poor survival in ovarian carcinomaB Davidson
Department of Pathology, The Norwegian Radium Hospital, Oslo
Clin Cancer Res 7:551-7. 2001....
- Expression of the ets-1 proto-oncogene in human colorectal carcinomaT Nakayama
Department of Molecular Pathology, Nagasaki University School of Medicine, 1 12 4 Sakamoto, Nagasaki, Japan
Mod Pathol 14:415-22. 2001..These findings suggest that the expression of Ets-1 is one of the important factors related to carcinogenesis and/or tumor invasion of colorectal carcinoma...
- An Ets motif in the proximal decidual prolactin promoter is essential for basal gene expressionA K Brar
Division of Endocrinology, Children s Hospital Research Foundation and Department of Pediatrics, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229, USA
J Mol Endocrinol 29:99-112. 2002..These studies provide strong evidence for a critical role of the Ets transcription factor in basal expression of the decidual prolactin promoter...
- Coordinated expression of integrin subunits, matrix metalloproteinases (MMP), angiogenic genes and Ets transcription factors in advanced-stage ovarian carcinoma: a possible activation pathway?Ben Davidson
Department of Pathology, The Norwegian Radium Hospital, Montebello N 0310 Oslo, affiliated with the University of Oslo, Norway
Cancer Metastasis Rev 22:103-15. 2003..They also suggest the existence of a putative activation sequence of metastatic genes, involving the beta1 (and possibly alpha v) integrin subunits, IL-8, PEA3, Ets-1 and MMP in ovarian carcinoma...
- Unique and selective effects of five Ets family members, Elf3, Ets1, Ets2, PEA3, and PU.1, on the promoter of the type II transforming growth factor-beta receptor geneJanel L Kopp
Eppley Institute for Research in Cancer and Allied Diseases, University of Nebraska Medical Center, 986805 Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198 6805, USA
J Biol Chem 279:19407-20. 2004..In this study, we examined the effects of four other Ets family members (Ets1, Ets2, PEA3, and PU...
- Expression of matrix metalloproteinase-9 associated with ets-1 proto-oncogene in rat tubulointerstitial cellsTakashi Naito
Department of Medicine, Tokyo Women s Medical University Daini Hospital, Arakawaku, Tokyo, Japan
Nephrol Dial Transplant 20:2333-48. 2005..However, the role of the Ets-1-MMP axis in advanced renal diseases is uncertain. In the present study, we investigated whether Ets-1 is involved in interleukin (IL)-1-mediated expression of MMPs in tubulointerstitial cells...
- Transcription factor Ets-1 regulates fibroblast growth factor-1-mediated angiogenesis in vivo: role of Ets-1 in the regulation of the PI3K/AKT/MMP-1 pathwayReza Forough
Department of Medical Physiology and Cardiovascular Research Institute, College of Medicine, Texas A and M University System Health Science Center, College Station, TX 77843, USA
J Vasc Res 43:327-37. 2006..Therefore, Ets-1 might be a potential target for the generation of inhibitor drugs for the treatment of FGF-dependent pathological angiogenesis such as metastatic tumors, rheumatoid arthritis and diabetic retinopathy...
- Angiostatin K1-3 induces E-selectin via AP1 and Ets1: a mediator for anti-angiogenic action of K1-3Y H Chen
Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, College of Mdicine, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwa, ROC
J Thromb Haemost 6:1953-61. 2008..The purpose of this study was to identify the mechanism responsible for K1-3-induced E-selectin expression and investigate the role of E-selectin in the anti-angiogenic action of K1-3...
- Expression of ets genes in mouse thymocyte subsets and T cellsN K Bhat
Laboratory of Molecular Oncology, National Cancer Institute, Frederick, MD 21701 1013
J Immunol 142:672-8. 1989..These cells may have been subsequently stimulated to activate the ets genes in conjunction with their differentiation of helper/inducer function(s) and expression of mature TCR.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 400 WORDS)..
- Beta1,6-N-acetylglucosamine-bearing N-glycans in human gliomas: implications for a role in regulating invasivityH Yamamoto
The Chicago Institute of Neurosurgery and Neuroresearch, Illinois 60614, USA
Cancer Res 60:134-42. 2000....
- Expression and significance of cell cycle-related proteins Cyclin Dl, CDK4, p27, E2F-l and Ets-1 in chondrosarcoma of the jawsX Si
Research Institute of Stomatology, The Ninth People s Hospital, Shanghai Second Medical University, 200011, Shanghai, People s Republic of China
Oral Oncol 37:431-6. 2001..05). These data show that the expression of cell cycle regulatory proteins is altered in chondrosarcoma of the jaws: cyclin Dl, CDK4, E2F-1 and Ets-1 are over-expressed and p27 is low-expressed...
- Transcriptional coordination of the genes encoding catalytic (CK2alpha) and regulatory (CK2beta) subunits of human protein kinase CK2W Pyerin
Biochemische Zellphysiologie, Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum, Heidelberg, Germany
Mol Cell Biochem 227:45-57. 2001..promoters the regions of highest transcriptional activity contain two adjoining, completely identical and conserved Ets1 response elements, and both the mutation of motifs and the overexpression of Ets1 affect significantly ..
- Mesangial cell expression of proto-oncogene Ets-1 during progression of mesangioproliferative glomerulonephritisUte Raffetseder
Department of Nephrology and Clinical Immunology, University Hospital of Aachen, Aachen, Germany
Kidney Int 66:622-32. 2004..The expression of Ets-1 mRNA and protein was analyzed in healthy rat kidney and in a model for mesangioproliferative disease without and with inhibition of platelet-derived growth factor-B (PDGF-B) activity...
- Inhibition of basal activity of c-jun-NH2-terminal kinase (JNK) represses the expression of presenilin-1 by a p53-dependent mechanismSebum Lee
Department of Pharmacology and Neuroscience, University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth, 3500 Camp Bowie Boulevard, Fort Worth, Texas 76107, USA
Brain Res 1207:19-31. 2008..Previously we reported that Ets1/2 bind to the PS1 promoter to activate PS1 transcription and p53 represses PS1 transcription without direct binding ..
- Expanding the repertoire of an ERK2 recruitment site: cysteine footprinting identifies the D-recruitment site as a mediator of Ets-1 bindingOlga Abramczyk
Division of Medicinal Chemistry, University of Texas at Austin, Texas 78712, USA
Biochemistry 46:9174-86. 2007..Furthermore, cysteine-footprinting is presented as a useful way to interrogate protein-ligand interactions at the resolution of a single amino acid...
- Ets-1 mRNA expression in effusions of serous ovarian carcinoma patients is a marker of poor outcomeB Davidson
Department of Pathology, The Norwegian Radium Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Am J Surg Pathol 25:1493-500. 2001..The identical phenotype of carcinoma cells in pleural and peritoneal effusions provides further evidence for our theory that cells at these sites share similar genotypic and phenotypic profiles...
- CCL2 regulates angiogenesis via activation of Ets-1 transcription factorSvetlana M Stamatovic
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
J Immunol 177:2651-61. 2006..Based on these findings, we suggest that Ets-1 transcription factor plays a critical role in CCL2 actions on brain endothelial cells and CCL2-induced angiogenesis...
- Curcumin down-regulates Ets-1 and Bcl-2 expression in human endometrial carcinoma HEC-1-A cellsZiming Yu
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Wisconsin Madison, 7E Meriter Hospital, 202 South Park Street, Madison, WI 53715, USA
Gynecol Oncol 106:541-8. 2007..The present study was undertaken to determine the effect of curcumin on the expression of the proto-oncogene Ets-1 and the anti-apoptotic molecule Bcl-2 in human endometrial adenocarcinoma HEC-1-A cells...
- The ETS1 transcription factor is expressed during epithelial-mesenchymal transitions in the chick embryo and is activated in scatter factor-stimulated MDCK epithelial cellsV Fafeur
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Institut Pasteur de Lille, France
Cell Growth Differ 8:655-65. 1997In embryos and in human tumors, the expression of the ETS1 transcription factor correlates with the occurrence of invasive processes...
- Involvement of the Ets-1 gene in overexpression of matrilysin in human hepatocellular carcinomaI Ozaki
Health Administration Center, Saga Medical School, Japan
Cancer Res 60:6519-25. 2000..Taken together, these data suggested that the Ets-1 oncogene is up-regulated and involved in the overexpression of MMP-7 in human HCC and may contribute to the progression of HCC...
- Ets-1 and integrin beta3 for lung metastasis from colorectal cancerTakahiro Sato
Department of Surgery, Shinminato Municipal Hospital, Japan
APMIS 110:347-53. 2002..Stromal Ets-1 and/or vascular integrin beta3 may be useful markers for risk of lung metastasis from colorectal cancer...
- HMGA1 co-activates transcription in B cells through indirect association with DNAKevin M McCarthy
Department of Microbiology, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02118, USA
J Biol Chem 278:42106-14. 2003..Furthermore, antisense HMGA1 substantially decreases mu enhancer activity in B cells. Taken together, these data suggest that HMGA1 functions as a transcriptional mu enhancer co-activator in B cells through indirect association with DNA...
- Expression and function of Ets-1 during experimental acute renal failure in ratsHiroyuki Tanaka
Homeostasis Medicine and Nephrology, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, 5 45 Yushima 1 chome, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8519, Japan
J Am Soc Nephrol 15:3083-92. 2004..Taken together, these data suggest that Ets-1 plays a key role in the cell-cycle progression of renal tubules in ARF. The Ets-1 pathway may regulate the transcription of cyclin D1 and control the regeneration of renal tubules in ARF...
- Transcriptional regulation of parathyroid hormone-related protein promoter P3 by ETS-1 in adult T-cell leukemia/lymphomaV Richard
Department of Veterinary Biosciences, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Leukemia 19:1175-83. 2005..Our data demonstrate that transcriptional regulation of PTHrP in ATLL cells can be controlled by T-cell receptor signaling and the ETS and MAPK ERK pathway in a Tax-independent manner...
- Histone Chaperones in AngiogenesisSoumen Paul; Fiscal Year: 2012..We also found that transcription factors ETS1 and hypoxia inducible factor 2-alpha function in a combinatorial fashion to directly mediate the transcriptional ..
- Structural Basis for Synergistic Gene Expression by Runx1 and Ets1 ProteinsTahir H Tahirov; Fiscal Year: 2012..Among the representative paradigms are elaborate mechanisms of cooperative DNA binding by Runx1 and Ets1 proteins...
- Edgar A Jaimes; Fiscal Year: 2014..A better understanding of the mechanisms involved is critical in our efforts to develop novel strategies to prevent renal injury in hypertension, which would certainly result in improvements in morbidity and mortality in these patients. ..
- Stephen L Lessnick; Fiscal Year: 2014....
- The Role of Ets1 in Melanocyte DevelopmentLidia Kos; Fiscal Year: 2012..Recently, the deletion of the transcription factor Ets1 was shown to produce cardiac malformations as a result of improper NC cell development...
- Anti-angiogenic activity of neurokinin BSoumen Paul; Fiscal Year: 2010..Transcription factors Ets1 and HIF-2alpha have been implicated in the transcriptional regulation of VEGFR1 and VEGFR2...
- The Role of Ets-1 in Vascular InflammationJ PETER PETER OETTGEN; Fiscal Year: 2011....
- Redox-Control of MMP-1 and SenescenceJUAN ANDRES MELENDEZ; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- Ilaria Rebay; Fiscal Year: 2016..of the conserved ETS family of transcription factors, a repressor Yan and an activator Pointed, known as TEL1 and ETS1/ETS2 in humans, act as downstream effectors of the receptor tyrosine kinase/Ras/MAPK signaling pathway to ..
- Barbara J Graves; Fiscal Year: 2015..Based on our findings with ETS1 and ETV6, we will next test for autoinhibition of oncogenic ETS factors, ERG and ETV1, and decipher possible ..
- AMANDA HALEY BUFF LINDNER; Fiscal Year: 2014..this nanofiber results in an increased cell migration, which is due to an integrin-dependent up-regulation of the Ets1 transcription factor...
- Elucidating mechanisms governing transcriptional regulation of the human LAT geneTimothy S Finco; Fiscal Year: 2013..Use gene knockdown experiments to explore the functional contribution of Ets1, Elf1, and Runx1 in LAT gene expression...
- Lee Ann Garrett-Sinha; Fiscal Year: 2014....
- ROLE OF CYP24 IN NON-SMALL CELL LUNG CANCERPamela A Hershberger; Fiscal Year: 2013..The therapeutic implication of this paradigm, once confirmed, is that agents that inhibit CYP24 can be used to restore vitamin D3-mediated growth control in NSCLC. ..
- Kyunghee Choi; Fiscal Year: 2016..ER71, Fli1, Erg, Ets1, Ets2, Elk3 and Tel Ets transcription factors as well as GATA2 and Scl are relevant for hematopoietic and vascular ..
- Functional Relationships Between the Lupus Susceptibility Loci Lyn and Ets1Anne B Satterthwaite; Fiscal Year: 2013..Mice deficient in two SLE susceptibility genes, the tyrosine kinase Lyn and the transcription factor Ets1, have remarkably similar phenotypes...
- Regulation of IL-2 expression by the transcription factor Ets-1I cheng Ho; Fiscal Year: 2010..The goal of this study is to understand the function of a transcription factor, Ets-1, that regulates T helper cell function and might therefore be a useful target for the development of new treatments. ..
- ERIN CHRISTINE ZOOK; Fiscal Year: 2014..The transcription factor Ets1 is a known oncogene but is also required for proper NK development and function...
- PITUITARY-SPECIFIC ONCOGENE SIGNALING MECHANISMSArthur Gutierrez Hartmann; Fiscal Year: 2009..and how this link regulates prl, pttg-1 and menin gene expression, thus providing a mechanistic framework for how the MAPK pathway intersects with clinically relevant proteins to contribute to lactotrope tumorigenesis ..
- Screening for Inhibitors for ERG in Prostate CancerJOHN HACKETT BUSHWELLER; Fiscal Year: 2010..The most potent compounds will be tested in appropriate prostate cancer cell lines harboring ERG translocations and, if feasible, in appropriate mouse models of prostate cancer. ..
- ETS-1 AND ELF-1 AND MEGAKARYOPOIESISKevin Barton; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Innervation-Dependent TranscriptionSTEVEN BURDEN; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- STRUCTURE AND FUNCTION OF SV40 NON-VIRION PROTEINSDavid Livingston; Fiscal Year: 2007..Amongth e candidates are each of the known CH1 interacting proteins (HIF-la, stat2 ets 1, MDM2, p35srj etc)...
- Decidual Prolactin in Normal and Pathogenic PregnanciesStuart Handwerger; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- EX VIVO STEM CELL MANIPULATION AND HUMAN HEMATOPOIESISJan Nolta; Fiscal Year: 2006..maintenance of pluripotentiality in primary human hematopoietic stem cells. ..
- TEL, AML1, and TEL/AML1 in HematopoiesisGiuseppina Nucifora; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- EGF SIGNALING PATHWAYS & GENE EXPRESSION IN THE GH4 CELLCheryl Pickett; Fiscal Year: 2001..These studies should provide important insights into the mechanism of EGF-dependent gene regulation. ..
- TRANSCRIPTIONAL COACTIVATORS IN HEMATOPOIESISPaul Brindle; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Neuregulin signaling at the neuromuscular synapseLarry Fromm; Fiscal Year: 2004..In addition to providing information on development of the neuromuscular synapse, the proposed experiments may also yield insight into other processes which are influenced by neuregulin signaling, such as cellular transformation ..
- MOLECULAR BASIS OF PRECONDITIONINGYiru Guo; Fiscal Year: 2005..this project should produce important new insights into the molecular mechanisms that underlie COX-2-dependent cytoprotection, late PC, and the role of COX-2 in cardiac pathophysiology in general. ..
- Arthritis and Physical TreatmentHui Sun; Fiscal Year: 2004..The proposed project will contribute to answer whether a non-invasive physical treatment can be developed for preventing from tissue degradation in arthritis joints. ..
- Predoctoral Fellowship for Minority StudentsKAREN COWDEN DAHL; Fiscal Year: 2003..The experiments outlined above will enlighten us to the functions PU.1 and Spi-B share and the functions unique to each protein. ..
- REGULATION OF GENE EXPRESSION DURING ORGANOGENESISHelen Chamberlin; Fiscal Year: 2004..elegans. A third aim is to functionally characterize this second gene to determine whether its product shares in vivo functions with EGL-38, or whether it regulates lin-48 and cdh-3 expression in other organs. ..
- REGULATION OF THE HUMAN INOS GENE IN SEPSIS AND TRAUMADavid Geller; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- STRESS RESPONSES IN MAMMALIAN CELLSYong Lee; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Modulation of EMT by ETS1 and EAPIIRunzhao Li; Fiscal Year: 2006..EMT is an essential process for both embryonic development and tumor invasiveness and metastases. ETS1, an Ets transcription factor, has been shown to play a role in tumor metastases and EMT...
- PITUITARY SPECIFIC ONCOGENE SIGNALING MECHANISMSArthur Gutierrez Hartmann; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- FUNCTIONAL ANALYSIS OF ETS1 PROTEIN ISOTYPESTAKIS PAPAS; Fiscal Year: 1999..that these genes exist as a family, we cloned and characterized the first several family members, including ETS1, ETS2, ERG, ERGB, and ERF...
- PROTEIN INTERACTIONS REGULATING PITUITARY SIGNALINGDAWN DUVAL; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Regulation of Ets-1 activity in Th cellsI cheng Ho; Fiscal Year: 2007..The knowledge gained from the proposed experiments will allow us to develop feasible approaches to influence the function of Ets-1 and eventually lead to novel treatments of infectious and autoimmune diseases. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- FUNCTIONAL DISSECTION OF HUMAN C-ETS-1 GENEE Reddy; Fiscal Year: 1993..We also intend to study protein-protein interaction of human c-ets-1 protein with the other nuclear oncoproteins and its effect on the biochemical properties of human c-ets-1 proto-oncogene...
- INTERACTION BETWEEN PIP AND PU.1 IN B CELLSRobert Liddington; Fiscal Year: 2002..Finally she will use NMR to determine the solution structure of the minimal protein-protein interaction domain from Pip and a representative PEST domain from PU.1. ..
- Transcriptional Control and Lineage Commitment by Pax-5James Hagman; Fiscal Year: 2007..Our studies will provide important insights concerning the regulation of B cell-specific transcription and B cell development. ..
- SMRT-dependent repression of prolactin transcriptionTy Voss; Fiscal Year: 2004..It is expected that these studies will have far-reaching implications for the regulation of PRL gene expression and for mechanisms of transcriptional repression in general. ..
- Role of Ets Genes in Transformation and DifferentiationDENNIS WATSON; Fiscal Year: 2009..cells that results in over-accumulation of a metastasis-inducing signaling receptor, FGF receptor;and analyze how Ets1 mediates this aberrant signaling event in promoting cell motility...
- Structure-based In silico Screen for Small Molecule Inhibitors of Ets-1 ActivityAlan Rigby; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Ets-1 Expression in Squamous Cells of the Oral CavityLEE GARRETT SINHA; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ECTODERMAL PLACODE DEVELOPMENT INTO CRANIAL GANGLIAMarianne Bronner Fraser; Fiscal Year: 2003..2) examine the induction and development of the nodose placode. 3) identify molecular markers for other epibranchial placodes. 4) examine the interrelationships of the neural crest and placodes. ..
- GATA-3 in precursor commitment to the T lineageELLEN ROTHENBERG; Fiscal Year: 2007..Definition of mechanistic requirements for GATA-3 perturbation of T-cell development 3. Attempted rescue of GATA-3 overexpression effects by cotransduction with targets of specific repression ..
- TRANSCRIPTION FACTOR NFATP IN CHONDROGENESISLaurie Glimcher; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- ErbB1 signaling and cancer-mediated diseases of boneJohn Foley; Fiscal Year: 2006..The second will use lower dose treatments of ZD1839 through out the growth phase of the tumor to determine if blockade of this pathway could prevent the development of hypercalcemia. ..
- Immune Complex Stimulation of TNFalphaKathleen Sullivan; Fiscal Year: 2007..In the third aim, we will define the role of chromatin in the regulation of responses to immune complexes. ..
- Craniofacial Imaging in the 21st CenturySunil Kapila; Fiscal Year: 2002..The meeting will be limited to 300 participants who have a background in imaging. This symposia series will provide momentum to discoveries that will be important to craniofacial sciences and patient care. ..
- LINEAGE ANALYSIS OF FUNCTION IN MURINE LYMPHOCYTESELLEN ROTHENBERG; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- SLP-76 and ADAP dependent dendritic cell functionJames Clements; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- ROLE OF ID2 IN CRANIOFACIAL DEVELOPMENTMarianne Bronner Fraser; Fiscal Year: 2004..2. examine the function of E12 in neural crest development and craniofacial patterning. 3. identify and characterize an achaete-scute homolog(s) that potentially interacts with Id2/E proteins. ..
- Molecular analysis of neural crest migrationMarianne Bronner Fraser; Fiscal Year: 2007..2. The function of the a5 subunit of laminin in early neural crest development. 3. The function of a novel chemokine in neural crest migration. 4. The function of this novel chemokine in limb development. ..
- Mechanisms ot Maternal Immune TolerenceLaurie Glimcher; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Skin Manifestations of Tuberous SclerosisJack Arbiser; Fiscal Year: 2009..Specific Aim 3. To determine whether dysregulation of p16ink4a and PTCH (patched) acts as a modifier of theTS phenotype in transgenic mice expressing dominant negative tuberin. ..
- T LYMPHOCYTE ACTIVATION, DIFFERENTIATION AND DEATHLaurie Glimcher; Fiscal Year: 2002..The Keystone Symposia has the advantage of allowing a large number of junior scientists and scientists in training to attend while being focused under a single theme, in this case T lymphocyte activation, signaling and death. ..
- Arming the Immune System Against PathogensLaurie Glimcher; Fiscal Year: 2007..The overall objective of this interdependent, interdisciplinary team is to develop molecules that modulate the host immune system so as to augment the protective effects of vaccines against microbial pathogens. ..
- AUTONOMOUS PARVOVIRUS VECTORS FOR GENE TRANSFER IN SKINIAN MAXWELL; Fiscal Year: 2002..The goals of this proposal are to characterize APV vectors with regard to target cell tropism, duration of transgene expression and possible integration, in cell types relevant for gene therapy of skin diseases. ..
- TNF Alpha In InflammationKathleen Sullivan; Fiscal Year: 2008..Overall, this proposal will define the mechanisms underlying repression of the TNF alpha locus. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Blastocyst Injection Station (BIS)DEMETRI SPYROPOULOS; Fiscal Year: 2003..4. Use this equipment to stimulate interdisciplinary research among the user group. ..
- CATHEPSINS IN MALIGNANT PROGRESSIONBonnie Sloane; Fiscal Year: 2009..g., targeting more than one catalytic-type of protease, targeting stromal as well as tumor proteases, and targeting proteases at times to be defined during progression. ..
- Fibronectin Fragment-Induced Osteolysis Mediated by MMPsSunil Kapila; Fiscal Year: 2009..These studies will provide a fundamental understanding of the basis for bone loss in periodontal disease and other osteolytic diseases. ..
- TRANSCRIPTIONAL REGULATION OF THE IMMUNE RESPONSELAURIE HOLLIS GLIMCHER; Fiscal Year: 2010..4) Examine the role of XBP-1 in autoimmune disease.5) Investigate the requirement of XBP-1 for the development and propagation of plasma cell neoplasms. ..
- CITED2 and Mechanical LoadsHui Bin Sun; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- GENE REGULATION IN T HELPER 1 CELLSLaurie Glimcher; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- MicroRNAs and other non-coding RNAs in Colorectal MetastasisEDMUND S KOPETZ; Fiscal Year: 2010..The final results of the described tasks will reveal new markers for molecular diagnosis and prognosis and new targets for drug therapy. ..
- ABERRANT REGULATION OF CATHEPSIN B EXPRESSION IN TUMORSBonnie Sloane; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Analysis of Noelin, a Neural Crest Competence FactorMarianne Bronner Fraser; Fiscal Year: 2005..3) Generate and characterize the phenotype of Noelin-1 null mutant. (4) Examine the environmental regulation of Noelin-1 expression. ..
- ROLE OF MYELOID ELF-1 LIKE FACTOR IN HEMATOPOIESISCyrus Hedvat; Fiscal Year: 2005..Experience in the analysis of mouse models, the use of emerging microarray technology to study and diagnose disease, and clinical diagnostic development will lead to an independent career as a physician scientist. ..
- Use of HOXC6 Gene to Develop Novel Lung ChemopreventivesDEMETRI SPYROPOULOS; Fiscal Year: 2005..Applications of these studies may include the development of diagnostics for early detection and patient stratification and novel HOX-associated chemopreventive agents. ..