Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ERRFI1
Description: ERBB receptor feedback inhibitor 1
Alias: GENE-33, MIG-6, MIG6, RALT, ERBB receptor feedback inhibitor 1, mitogen-inducible gene 6 protein, receptor-associated late transducer
Publications127 found, 100 shown here
- Gene 33/Mig-6, a transcriptionally inducible adapter protein that binds GTP-Cdc42 and activates SAPK/JNK. A potential marker transcript for chronic pathologic conditions, such as diabetic nephropathy. Possible role in the response to persistent stressA Makkinje
Diabetes Unit, Medical Services, Massachusetts General Hospital and the Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, Massachusetts 02129, USA
J Biol Chem 275:17838-47. 2000..b>gene 33 (also called mitogen-inducible gene-6, mig-6) is an immediate early gene that is transcriptionally induced by a ..
- Inhibition of ErbB-2 mitogenic and transforming activity by RALT, a mitogen-induced signal transducer which binds to the ErbB-2 kinase domainL Fiorentino
Laboratories of Immunology, Regina Elena Cancer Institute, 00158 Rome, Italy
Mol Cell Biol 20:7735-50. 2000The product of rat gene 33 was identified as an ErbB-2-interacting protein in a two-hybrid screen employing the ErbB-2 juxtamembrane and kinase domains as bait...
- Mig-6 is a negative regulator of the epidermal growth factor receptor signalP O Hackel
Department of Molecular Biology, Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry, Martinsried, Germany
Biol Chem 382:1649-62. 2001..Consistent with these findings, a possible role as tumor suppressor is indicated by Mig-6-mediated inhibition of EGFR overexpression-induced transformation of Rati cells...
- Expression of RALT, a feedback inhibitor of ErbB receptors, is subjected to an integrated transcriptional and post-translational controlMonia Fiorini
Laboratory of Immunology, Istituto Regina Elena, 00156 Rome, Italy
Oncogene 21:6530-9. 2002Over-expression studies have demonstrated that RALT (receptor associated late transducer) is a feedback inhibitor of ErbB-2 mitogenic and transforming signals...
- Feedback inhibition by RALT controls signal output by the ErbB networkSergio Anastasi
Regina Elena Cancer Institute, Via delle Messi d oro, 156, Rome 00158, Italy
Oncogene 22:4221-34. 2003The ErbB-2 interacting protein receptor-associated late transducer (RALT) was previously identified as a feedback inhibitor of ErbB-2 mitogenic signals...
- Loss of RALT/MIG-6 expression in ERBB2-amplified breast carcinomas enhances ErbB-2 oncogenic potency and favors resistance to HerceptinSergio Anastasi
Laboratory of Immunology, Regina Elena Cancer Institute, Via delle Messi d oro, 156 158, 00158, Rome, Italy
Oncogene 24:4540-8. 2005..Herein, we have addressed tumor suppression by RALT/MIG-6, a transcriptionally controlled feedback inhibitor of ErbB RTKs, in breast cancer cells...
- Targeted expression of RALT in mouse skin inhibits epidermal growth factor receptor signalling and generates a Waved-like phenotypeCostanza Ballaro
Istituto di Biologia Cellulare, CNR, Monterotondo, Italy
EMBO Rep 6:755-61. 2005..Here, we report on the forced expression of RALT/MIG-6, a negative feedback regulator of ErbB receptors, in mouse skin...
- Evidence that MIG-6 is a tumor-suppressor geneY W Zhang
Laboratory of Molecular Oncology, Van Andel Research Institute, Grand Rapids, MI 49503, USA
Oncogene 26:269-76. 2007..These data suggests that MIG-6 is a tumor-suppressor gene and is therefore a candidate gene for the frequent 1p36 genetic alterations found in lung cancer...
- Mig-6, signal transduction, stress response and cancerYu wen Zhang
Laboratory of Molecular Oncology, Van Andel Research Institute, Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA
Cell Cycle 6:507-13. 2007....
- The evolutionarily conserved EBR module of RALT/MIG6 mediates suppression of the EGFR catalytic activityS Anastasi
Department of Experimental Oncology, Laboratory of Immunology, Regina Elena Cancer Institute, Rome, Italy
Oncogene 26:7833-46. 2007..Increasing attention is being drawn on transcriptionally controlled feedback inhibitors of EGFR, namely RALT/MIG6, LRIG1, SOCS4 and SOCS5...
- Inhibition of the EGF receptor by binding of MIG6 to an activating kinase domain interfaceXuewu Zhang
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, California Institute for Quantitative Sciences, University of California, Berkeley, California 94720, USA
Nature 450:741-4. 2007..The cytoplasmic protein MIG6 (mitogen-induced gene 6; also known as ERRFI1) interacts with and inhibits the kinase domains of EGFR and ERBB2 (refs 3-5)...
- Mitogen-inducible gene-6 expression correlates with survival and is an independent predictor of recurrence in BRAF(V600E) positive papillary thyroid cancersDaniel T Ruan
Department of Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, Calif, USA
Surgery 144:908-13; discussion 913-4. 2008..The purpose of this study was to determine if Mig-6 expression is associated with EGFR expression or surgical outcomes in PTC...
- Mig-6 modulates uterine steroid hormone responsiveness and exhibits altered expression in endometrial diseaseJae Wook Jeong
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:8677-82. 2009..Since Mig-6 is regulated by both PR and SRC-1, this identifies a PR, SRC-1, Mig-6 regulatory pathway that is critical in the suppression of endometrial cancer...
- Mutation of epidermal growth factor receptor is associated with MIG6 expressionTakeshi Nagashima
Cellular Systems Modeling Team, Computational Systems Biology Research Group, Advanced Computational Sciences Department, RIKEN Advanced Science Institute, Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan
FEBS J 276:5239-51. 2009..signaling-related genes in a differentially expressed gene set, and significant protein expression of MIG6/RALT(ERRFI1), an EGFR negative regulator, was confirmed in L858R...
- Mitogen-inducible gene-6 is a negative regulator of epidermal growth factor receptor signaling in hepatocytes and human hepatocellular carcinomaMarkus Reschke
Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry, Department of Molecular Biology, Martinsried, Germany
Hepatology 51:1383-90. 2010..Moreover, mig-6 is down-regulated in human hepatocellular carcinoma and this correlates with increased EGFR expression...
- Mig-6 controls EGFR trafficking and suppresses gliomagenesisHaoqiang Ying
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:6912-7. 2010..In GBM, the highly frequent loss of Mig-6 would therefore serve to sustain aberrant EGFR-mediated oncogenic signaling. Together, these data uncover a unique tumor suppression mechanism involving the regulation of receptor trafficking...
- A two-tiered mechanism of EGFR inhibition by RALT/MIG6 via kinase suppression and receptor degradationYuri Frosi
Istituto Regina Elena, Rome, Italy
J Cell Biol 189:557-71. 2010..Receptor-associated late transducer (RALT) is a feedback inhibitor of EGFR whose genetic ablation in the mouse causes phenotypes due to EGFR-driven excess ..
- Mitogen-inducible gene-6 is a multifunctional adaptor protein with tumor suppressor-like activity in papillary thyroid cancerChi Iou Lin
Department of Surgery, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 96:E554-65. 2011..Low tumoral expression of mitogen-inducible gene-6 (Mig-6) is associated with papillary thyroid cancer (PTC) recurrence after thyroidectomy...
- Gene 33 is an endogenous inhibitor of epidermal growth factor (EGF) receptor signaling and mediates dexamethasone-induced suppression of EGF functionDazhong Xu
Molecular Cardiology Research Institute, Tufts New England Medical Center and Department of Medicine, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
J Biol Chem 280:2924-33. 2005We report a mechanism by which the adapter protein Gene 33 (also called RALT and MIG6) regulates epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) signaling...
- Integrated genomic analyses identify ERRFI1 and TACC3 as glioblastoma-targeted genesChristopher G Duncan
The Preston Robert Tisch Brain Tumor Center, The Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation, The Department of Pathology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Oncotarget 1:265-77. 2010..Specifically, we identify EGFR negative regulator, ERRFI1, within the minimal region of deletion in 1p36.23...
- Structural organization of the pigment cell-specific gene located at the brown locus in mouse. Its promoter activity and alternatively spliced transcriptS Shibahara
Department of Applied Physiology and Molecular Biology, Tohoku University School of Medicine, Miyagi, Japan
J Biol Chem 266:15895-901. 1991..Using transient expression assays, we confirmed that such an isoform is able to react with anti-b-locus protein monoclonal antibody, TMH-1, suggesting that a b-locus protein isoform may have some function in pigmentation...
- Activation of the nonreceptor protein tyrosine kinase Ack by multiple extracellular stimuliMaria L Galisteo
Department of Pharmacology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:9796-801. 2006..nonreceptor protein tyrosine kinase that comprises a tyrosine kinase core, an SH3 domain, a Cdc42-binding region, a Ralt homology region, and a proline-rich region...
- Midkine, a heparin-binding protein, is increased in the diabetic mouse kidney postmenopauseMaggie K Diamond-Stanic
Department of Physiology, College of Medicine, University of Arizona, 1656 E Mabel St, Tucson, AZ 85724, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 300:F139-46. 2011..confirmation by real-time PCR; midkine (Mdk), immediate early response gene 3 (IEX-1), mitogen-inducible gene 6 (Mig6), and ubiquitin-specific protease 2 (USP2) were significantly increased in the kidneys of STZ/VCD compared with STZ ..
- Mitogen-inducible gene 6 is an endogenous inhibitor of HGF/Met-induced cell migration and neurite growthGuido Pante
Department of Molecular Neurobiology, Max Planck Institute of Neurobiology, 82152 Munich Martinsried, Germany
J Cell Biol 171:337-48. 2005..Here we report a mechanism by which mitogen-inducible gene 6 (Mig6; also called Gene 33 and receptor-associated late transducer) negatively regulates HGF/Met-induced cell migration...
- Targeted disruption of Mig-6 in the mouse genome leads to early onset degenerative joint diseaseYu wen Zhang
Laboratory of Molecular Oncology, Van Andel Research Institute, Grand Rapids, MI 49503, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:11740-5. 2005....
- Cytoplasmic ACK1 interaction with multiple receptor tyrosine kinases is mediated by Grb2: an analysis of ACK1 effects on Axl signalingLin Pao-Chun
sGSK Group, Astar Neuroscience Research Partnership, and Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, 61 Biopolis Drive, Singapore 138673
J Biol Chem 284:34954-63. 2009..kinases requires a C-terminal region that demonstrates a significant homology to the EGFR binding domain of MIG6. In this study, we have identified additional receptor tyrosine kinases, including Axl, leukocyte tyrosine kinase, ..
- ERBB receptor feedback inhibitor 1 regulation of estrogen receptor activity is critical for uterine implantation in miceTae Hoon Kim
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Biol Reprod 82:706-13. 2010..In previous studies, we have identified ERBB receptor feedback inhibitor 1 (Errfi1) as a downstream target of Pgr action in the uterus...
- Respiratory mucosal immunization with reovirus serotype 1/L stimulates virus-specific humoral and cellular immune responses, including double-positive (CD4(+)/CD8(+)) T cellsS B Periwal
Department of Biology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 6018, USA
J Virol 73:7633-40. 1999..1/Lang (1/L) in C3H mice resulted in high titers of virus in the respiratory tract-associated lymphoid tissue (RALT). High levels of reovirus-specific immunoglobulin A were determined in the RALT fragment cultures...
- Repair of atrial septal defect through a limited right anterolateral thoracotomy in 242 patients: a cosmetic approach?Aristotelis Panos
Clinic for Cardiovascular Surgery, University Hospital of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
Heart Surg Forum 6:E16-9. 2003..to evaluate the feasibility and especially the cosmetic result of this repair performed through a limited right anterolateral thoracotomy (RALT), with the complete cannulation and aortic cross-clamping conducted through the same incision.
- Gene product dsbA of bacteriophage T4 binds to late promoters and enhances late transcriptionA Gansz
Arbeitsgruppe Molekulare Genetik, Lehrstuhl Biologie der Mikroorganismen, Ruhr Universitat Bochum, FRG
Mol Gen Genet 225:427-34. 1991Gene product 33 of phage T4 is known to be essential in late transcription. Upstream from gene 33 and overlapping its 5' terminal sequence by 20 bp, we identified an open reading frame coding for a binding protein for double-stranded DNA ..
- Exon-based mapping of microarray probes: recovering differential gene expression signal in underpowered hypoxia experimentDmitry N Grigoryev
Johns Hopkins University, School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Mol Cell Probes 21:134-9. 2007..The relevance of the four newly identified genes (Mig6, F3, Bmp6, and Ndrg1) to known hypoxia-associated responses was confirmed by PubMatrix; and hypoxia-induced up-..
- Tocotrienol-treated MCF-7 human breast cancer cells show down-regulation of API5 and up-regulation of MIG6 genesPremdass Ramdas
Department of Human Biology, Faculty of Medicine and Health, International Medical University, Bukit Jalil, 57000 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Cancer Genomics Proteomics 8:19-31. 2011..This study aimed to identify the genes that are regulated in human breast cancer cells following exposure to various isomers of vitamin E as these may be potential targets for the treatment of breast cancer...
- Tandem immunoprecipitation of phosphotyrosine-mass spectrometry (TIPY-MS) indicates C19ORF19 becomes tyrosine-phosphorylated and associated with activated epidermal growth factor receptorJiefei Tong
Program in Molecular Structure and Function, Hospital for Sick Children, Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
J Proteome Res 7:1067-77. 2008..The novel human C19orf19 gene product was found EGFR-associated and phosphorylated at 5 tyrosines in response to EGFR activation and, therefore, represents a new component of the EGFR signaling network...
- Dexamethasone modulates ErbB tyrosine kinase expression and signaling through multiple and redundant mechanisms in cultured rat hepatocytesLawrence A Scheving
Division of Pediatric Endocrinology, 1055 Medical Research Bldg 4, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37232 0710, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 293:G552-9. 2007..or upregulated several inhibitory effectors of EGFr/ErbB2 and ERK, including receptor-associated late transducer (RALT) and MKP-1, respectively...
- Antiproliferative effects of AVN944, a novel inosine 5-monophosphate dehydrogenase inhibitor, in prostate cancer cellsDaniel Floryk
Scott Department of Urology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
Int J Cancer 123:2294-302. 2008..AVN944 is a novel, promising therapeutic agent that might be combined with other agents for treatment of human prostate cancer...
- Comparisons of tyrosine phosphorylated proteins in cells expressing lung cancer-specific alleles of EGFR and KRASUdayan Guha
Program in Cancer Biology and Genetics, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10065, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:14112-7. 2008..Bayesian network analysis of these and other datasets revealed that PTRF might be a potentially important component of the ERBB signaling network...
- In vitro-targeted gene identification in patients with hepatitis C using a genome-wide microarray technologySusanne Hagist
Department of Internal Medicine, Salem Medical Center, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Hepatology 49:378-86. 2009..with RNA processing (MED9/NFAT, NSUN2), proliferation, differentiation, hypoxia, or iron metabolism (ISG20, MIG6, HIG2, CA9, NDRG1), whereas none of the nine known iron-related genes showed significant differences between HCV ..
- Targeted expression of receptor-associated late transducer inhibits maladaptive hypertrophy via blocking epidermal growth factor receptor signalingJun Cai
Cardiovascular Research Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, Mass, USA
Hypertension 53:539-48. 2009Receptor-associated late transducer (RALT) is a feedback inhibitor of epidermal growth factor receptor signaling. RALT has been shown previously to be induced in the ischemic heart and to promote cardiomyocyte apoptosis in vitro...
- Cancer-associated mutations activate the nonreceptor tyrosine kinase Ack1Victoria Prieto-Echagüe
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, School of Medicine, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, New York 11794, USA
J Biol Chem 285:10605-15. 2010..We propose that the C-terminal Mig6 homology region (MHR) (residues 802-990) participates in inhibitory intramolecular interactions...
- The synergistic effect of Mig-6 and Pten ablation on endometrial cancer development and progressionT H Kim
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Oncogene 29:3770-80. 2010....
- Down-regulation of mitogen-inducible gene 6, a negative regulator of EGFR, enhances resistance to MEK inhibition in KRAS mutant cancer cellsYoung Kwang Yoon
Cancer Research Institute, Seoul National University College of Medicine, South Korea
Cancer Lett 316:77-84. 2012..We found that treatment with AZD6244 reduced the expression of mitogen-inducible gene 6 (MIG6), a negative feedback regulator for EGFR, in AZD6244-resistant cells, while activity of EGFR and AKT was increased ..
- MAPK7 and MAP2K4 as prognostic markers in osteosarcomaFrancine Tesser-Gamba
Department of Pediatrics, Pediatric Oncology Institute Grupo de Apoio ao Adolescente e à Criança com Câncer, Federal University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP 04023 062, Brazil
Hum Pathol 43:994-1002. 2012..3 (MTHFR, ERRFI1, FGR, E2F2), 17p (MAPK7, MAP2K4), and chromosome 19 (BBC3, FOSB, JUND, and RRAS), in 70 samples taken from 30 ..
- Assessment of association between BRAF-V600E mutation status in melanomas and clinical response to ipilimumabVafa Shahabi
Bristol Myers Squibb Company, Princeton, NJ, USA
Cancer Immunol Immunother 61:733-7. 2012..In the 48 patients showing no DDC, the mutation frequency was 50%. In this study, no association between BRAF-V600E mutation status of melanoma tumors and DDC after treatment with ipilimumab was detected...
- Cancer-type regulation of MIG-6 expression by inhibitors of methylation and histone deacetylationYu wen Zhang
Laboratory of Molecular Oncology, Van Andel Research Institute, Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e38955. 2012..Furthermore, our data also suggest that MIG-6 gene expression is differentially regulated in lung cancer and melanoma...
- The evolution of the right anterolateral thoracotomy technique for correction of atrial septal defects: cosmetic and functional results in prepubescent patientsVladimiro L Vida
Pediatric and Congenital Cardiac Surgery Unit, Department of Cardiac, Thoracic, and Vascular Surgery, University of Padua, Padua, Italy
Ann Thorac Surg 95:242-7. 2013The aim of this study was to evaluate the results of a cosmetic right anterolateral thoracotomy (RALT) in prepubescent girls who underwent repair of atrial septal defect (ASD).
- Chk1-mediated phosphorylation of receptor-associated late transducer at serine 250 increases its stability by stimulating its interaction with 14-3-3Kenji Takeda
Department of Cardiology, Kanazawa Medical University, 1 1 Daigaku, Uchinada, Ishikawa, 920 0293, Japan
Genes Cells 18:369-86. 2013Receptor-associated late transducer (RALT) acts as a negative feedback inhibitor of ErbB receptor signaling via physical interaction with ErbB...
- Critical tumor suppressor function mediated by epithelial Mig-6 in endometrial cancerTae Hoon Kim
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Biology, Michigan State University College of Human Medicine, Grand Rapids, MI 49503, USA
Cancer Res 73:5090-9. 2013..In summary, our results establish that epithelial Mig-6 functions as a critical tumor suppressor that mediates the ability of progesterone to prevent the development of endometrial cancer...
- The non-receptor tyrosine kinase Ack1 regulates the fate of activated EGFR by inducing trafficking to the p62/NBR1 pre-autophagosomeSylwia Jones
School of Biosciences, College of Life and Environmental Sciences, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 2TT, UK
J Cell Sci 127:994-1006. 2014..The Mig6-homology domain and clathrin-binding domain both contribute to colocalisation with EGFR, whereas the UBA domain is ..
- microRNA-148a is a prognostic oncomiR that targets MIG6 and BIM to regulate EGFR and apoptosis in glioblastomaJungEun Kim
Authors Affiliations Departments of Microbiology, Immunology and Cancer Biology, Neurology, and Cancer Center, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia Leeds Institute of Cancer and Pathology, University of Leeds, Leeds, United Kingdom and Department of Neurosurgery, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts
Cancer Res 74:1541-53. 2014..Two direct targets of miR-148a were identified, the EGF receptor (EGFR) regulator MIG6 and the apoptosis regulator BIM, which rescue experiments showed were essential to mediate the oncogenic activity ..
- Differential parsing of EGFR endocytic flux among parallel internalization pathways in lung cancer cells with EGFR-activating mutationsAlice M Walsh
Department of Bioengineering, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Integr Biol (Camb) 6:312-23. 2014..contributions of three parallel pathways: clathrin-dependent internalization mediated by mitogen-inducible gene 6 (MIG6), an endogenous EGFR kinase inhibitor that links EGFR to endocytic proteins; clathrin-dependent internalization ..
- Integrated genomic characterization reveals novel, therapeutically relevant drug targets in FGFR and EGFR pathways in sporadic intrahepatic cholangiocarcinomaMitesh J Borad
Division of Hematology Oncology Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, Arizona, United States of America Mayo Clinic Cancer Center, Scottsdale, Arizona, United States of America Center for Individualized Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, United States of America
PLoS Genet 10:e1004135. 2014..patient, exome and transcriptome analysis revealed an allele specific somatic nonsense mutation (E384X) in ERRFI1, a direct negative regulator of EGFR activation...
- Mig-6 overcomes gefitinib resistance by inhibiting EGFR/ERK pathway in non-small cell lung cancer cell linesZi Xuan Li
Department of Radiology and Key Laboratory of Diagnostic Imaging and Interventional Radiology, The First Affiliated Hospital of China Medical University Shenyang 110001, P R China Department of Pathology, The First Affiliated Hospital of China Medical University and College of Basic Medical Sciences, China Medical University Shenyang 110001, P R China
Int J Clin Exp Pathol 7:7304-11. 2014..Our work uncovered that Mig-6 may be an effective therapeutic target in gefitinib-resistant lung cancer patients. ..
- ErbB2 Pathway Activation upon Smad4 Loss Promotes Lung Tumor Growth and MetastasisJian Liu
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Cell Rep . 2015..determine that loss of PTEN and SMAD4 results in ELF3 and ErbB2 pathway activation due to decreased expression of ERRFI1, a negative regulator of ERBB2 in mouse and human cells...
- Two Different Minimally Invasive Techniques for Female Patients with Atrial Septal Defects: Totally Thoracoscopic Technique and Right Anterolateral Thoracotomy TechniqueMing Xu
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Zhongnan Hospital of Wuhan University, Wuhan, Hubei 430071, P R China
Ann Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 21:459-65. 2015To compare the outcomes of totally thoracoscopic technique (TTS) vs. right anterolateral thoracotomy technique (RALT) in female patients undergoing minimal invasive atrial septal defect (ASD) correction.
- Thymosin beta 4 up-regulates miR-200a expression and induces differentiation and survival of rat brain progenitor cellsManoranjan Santra
Department of Neurology, Henry Ford Health System, Detroit, Michigan, USA
J Neurochem 136:118-32. 2016..These findings may contribute the therapeutic benefits for stroke and other neuronal diseases associated with demyelination disorders...
- A genome landscape of SRSF3-regulated splicing events and gene expression in human osteosarcoma U2OS cellsMasahiko Ajiro
Tumor Virus RNA Biology Section, Gene Regulation and Chromosome Biology Laboratory, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 44:1854-70. 2016..events in human osteosarcoma U2OS cells, we found that SRSF3 regulates the expression of 60 genes including ERRFI1, ANXA1 and TGFB2, and 182 splicing events in 164 genes, including EP300, PUS3, CLINT1, PKP4, KIF23, CHK1, SMC2, ..
- Gene 33/Mig6 inhibits hexavalent chromium-induced DNA damage and cell transformation in human lung epithelial cellsSoyoung Park
Department of Pathology, School of Medicine, New York Medical College, Valhalla, NY, USA
Oncotarget 7:8916-30. 2016..In this study, we investigated the potential role of Gene 33 (ERRFI1, Mig6), a multifunctional adaptor protein, in Cr(VI)-mediated lung carcinogenesis...
- Truncation, modification, and optimization of MIG6(segment 2) peptide to target lung cancer-related EGFRXiao Dong Yu
Department of Surgical Oncology, Taizhou Municipal Hospital, Taizhou 318000, China
Comput Biol Chem 61:251-7. 2016..The tumor-suppressor protein MIG6 is a negative regulator of EGFR, which can bind at the activation interface of asymmetric dimer of EGFR kinase ..
- Conversion of MIG6 peptide from the nonbinder to binder of lung cancer-related EGFR by phosphorylation and cyclizationNa Li
a Department of Respiratory Medicine, Linyi People s Hospital, Linyi, China
Artif Cells Nanomed Biotechnol . 2016..Previously, it was found that the tumor-suppressor protein MIG6 is a negative regulator of the EGFR kinase, which can bind at the activation interface of asymmetric dimer of EGFR ..
- Reverse-flow anterolateral thigh perforator: an ad hoc flap for severe post-burn knee contractureH A Ismail
Department of Plastic Reconstructive Surgery, Mansoura University, Mansoura, Egypt
Ann Burns Fire Disasters 29:71-75. 2016..Two patients (20%) did not get back full range of motion. RALT perforator flap is the cornerstone for the reconstruction of soft-tissue defects around the knee with acceptable ..
- Cloning and sequence analysis of porcine myoglobin cDNAE Akaboshi
Gene 40:137-40. 1985..Nature 301 (1983) 732-734; Weller et al., EMBO J. 3 (1984) 439-446; Akaboshi, Gene 33 (1985) 241-249], a high degree of homology is observed in the 5'-untranslated region and in parts of the 3'-..
- Molecular genetic analysis of a prokaryotic transcriptional coactivator: functional domains of the bacteriophage T4 gene 33 proteinJ W Winkelman
Department of Biology, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla 92093 0634
J Bacteriol 176:1164-71. 1994The bacteriophage T4 gene 33 encodes a small, acidic RNA polymerase-binding protein that mediates enhancement of transcriptional initiation at T4 late promoters by the T4 DNA replication accessory proteins...
- Latency-associated transcripts of equine herpesvirus type 4 in trigeminal ganglia of naturally infected horsesK Borchers
Institut fur Virologie, Freie Universitat Berlin, Germany
J Gen Virol 80:2165-71. 1999..Type-specific primers for gene 33 (encoding glycoprotein B) served to detect transcripts of an acute EHV-4-infection, which were found in only one ..
- Tissue-wide expression profiling using cDNA subtraction and microarrays to identify tumor-specific genesStefan Amatschek
Department of Dermatology, University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Cancer Res 64:844-56. 2004..The gene dendogram clearly separates two groups of genes, those up-regulated such as cyclin B1, TGF-beta 3, B-Myb, Erg2, VCAM-1, and CD44 and those down-regulated such as MIG-6, Esp15, and CAK in patients with short survival time...
- Validation of the WMS-III Facial Memory subtest with the Graduate Hospital Facial Memory Test in a sample of right and left anterior temporal lobectomy patientsNancy D Chiaravalloti
Kessler Medical Rehabilitation Research and Education Corporation, 1199 Pleasant Valley Way, West Orange, NJ 07052, USA
J Clin Exp Neuropsychol 26:484-97. 2004..on Faces II the LATL group showed an increase in performance from preoperative to postoperative testing, while the RALT group showed a decline in performance from preoperative to postoperative testing...
- Genomewide loss of heterozygosity and its clinical associations in non small cell lung cancerRuo Chia Tseng
Department of Life Sciences, National Taiwan Normal University, Taipei, Taiwan
Int J Cancer 117:241-7. 2005..035, 0.022 and 0.006, respectively). These markers can potentially be used for early lung cancer detection, outcome measurement and the positional cloning of new TSGs whose loss of function contributes to NSCLC tumorigenesis...
- Genetic and epigenetic changes in the common 1p36 deletion in neuroblastoma tumoursH Caren
Department of Clinical Genetics, Institute of Biomedicine, Goteborg University, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Göteborg SE 41345, Sweden
Br J Cancer 97:1416-24. 2007..with the histone deacetylase inhibitor trichostatin A led to increased gene transcription of four of the 30 genes, ERRFI1 (MIG-6), PIK3CD, RBP7 (CRBPIV) and CASZ1, indicating that these genes could be affected by epigenetic ..
- Epidermal growth factor receptor phosphorylation sites Ser991 and Tyr998 are implicated in the regulation of receptor endocytosis and phosphorylations at Ser1039 and Thr1041Jiefei Tong
Program in Molecular Structure and Function, The Hospital for Sick Children, and The McLaughlin Centre For Molecular Medicine, Toronto, Ontario M5G 1L7, Canada
Mol Cell Proteomics 8:2131-44. 2009..This reinforces the notion that EGFR function is manifest through spatially and temporally controlled protein-protein interactions and phosphorylations...
- The relationship between polymorphisms of interleukin-4 gene and silicosisGuo Feng Fang
Department of Occupational and Environmental Health, School of Public Health, Hebei United University, Tangshan 063000, Hebei, China
Biomed Environ Sci 24:678-82. 2011..To explore the relationship between polymorphisms of interleukin-4 (IL-4) gene (-33, +45, intron3, +429, +448) and the susceptibility of silicosis...
- Concomitant aberrant methylation of p15 and MGMT genes in acute myeloid leukemia: association with a particular immunophenotype of blast cellsNada Kraguljac Kurtovic
Clinic of Hematology, Clinical Center of Serbia, 11000, Belgrade, Serbia
Med Oncol 29:3547-56. 2012..Assessing of the methylation status of p15 and MGMT genes may allow stratification of patients with AML into distinct groups with potentially different prognosis...
- Mitogen-inducible gene 6 triggers apoptosis and exacerbates ER stress-induced β-cell deathYi Chun Chen
Department of Pediatrics and Herman B Wells Center for Pediatric Research, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
Mol Endocrinol 27:162-71. 2013..Mitogen-inducible gene 6 (Mig6) is a cellular stress-responsive protein that can negatively regulate the duration and intensity of epidermal ..
- Ack1: activation and regulation by allosteryKetan S Gajiwala
Cancer Structural Biology within Oncology Medicinal Chemistry, Pfizer Worldwide Research and Development, San Diego, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e53994. 2013..Instead we speculate that the SH3 domain may play a regulatory role by facilitating binding of the MIG6 homologous region to the kinase domain...
- Regulation of EGFR trafficking and cell signaling by Sprouty2 and MIG6 in lung cancer cellsAlice M Walsh
Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Cell Sci 126:4339-48. 2013..We examined the roles of Sprouty2 (SPRY2) and mitogen-inducible gene 6 (MIG6), two feedback regulators of EGFR trafficking and signaling, in lung cancer cells with or without EGFR-activating ..
- The relative expression of Mig6 and EGFR is associated with resistance to EGFR kinase inhibitorsXiaofei Chang
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Division of Head and Neck Cancer Research, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
PLoS ONE 8:e68966. 2013..to the EGFR tyrosine kinase inhibitor (TKI) erlotinib, with a concomitant increase of mitogen-inducible gene 6 (Mig6), a negative regulator of EGFR through the upregulation of the PI3K-AKT pathway...
- Regional differences in the early mucosal immune response induced by primary inoculation of mice with respiratory syncytial virusHaruka Hishiki
Division of Infectious Diseases, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Microb Pathog 36:141-6. 2004..about the characteristics of critical immunologic inductive sites within respiratory-associated lymphoid tissues (RALT) upon RSV infection...
- Bioinformatic identification of novel early stress response genes in rodent models of lung injuryShwu Fan Ma
Cancer for Translational Respiratory Medicine, Gene Expression Profiling Core, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, John Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 289:L468-77. 2005..We speculate that the ortholog-SAM approach is a useful, time- and resource-efficient tool for identification of candidate genes in a variety of complex disease models such as VILI...
- Gene 33 inhibits apoptosis of breast cancer cells and increases poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase expressionJie Xu
Department of Pathology, Division of Molecular and Cellular Pathology, University of Alabama, Birmingham, AL 35294 0019, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 91:207-15. 2005The structure of the Gene 33 protein suggests that it plays a role in intracellular signaling and Gene 33 is induced by many mitogenic and stressful stimuli...
- Gene 33/RALT is induced by hypoxia in cardiomyocytes, where it promotes cell death by suppressing phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase and extracellular signal-regulated kinase survival signalingDazhong Xu
Molecular Cardiology Research Institute, Tufts New England Medical Center, 750 Washington Street, Box 8486, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Mol Cell Biol 26:5043-54. 2006..b>Gene 33 is a 50-kDa cytosolic adapter protein that suppresses signaling from receptor Tyr kinases of the epidermal growth ..
- Mig6 is a sensor of EGF receptor inactivation that directly activates c-Abl to induce apoptosis during epithelial homeostasisSarah Hopkins
Wolfson Institute for Biomedical Research, University College London, Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT, UK
Dev Cell 23:547-59. 2012..Deletion of Errfi1 (encoding Mig6) and inhibition or RNAi silencing of c-Abl causes impaired apoptosis and luminal filling of mammary ..
- The mitogen-inducible gene-6 is involved in regulation of cellular senescence in normal diploid fibroblastsBushan Xie
The Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Health Science Center, Peking University, Beijing, 100191, China The Department of Gastroenterology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Nanchang University, Nanchang, 330006, China
Biol Cell 105:488-99. 2013..It has been shown that Mig-6 may play important roles in regulating stress response, maintaining homeostasis and functioning as a tumour suppressor. In this study, we investigated the role of Mig-6 in cellular senescence...
- Galectin LEC-1 plays a defensive role against damage due to oxidative stress in Caenorhabditis elegansTomoharu Takeuchi
Laboratory of Molecular Immunology, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Josai University, 1 1 Keyakidai, Sakado, Saitama 350 0295 and Laboratory of Biological Chemistry, Faculty of Pharma Sciences, Teikyo University, 2 11 1 Kaga, Itabashi ku, Tokyo 173 8605, Japan
J Biochem 154:455-64. 2013....
- Bacteriophage T4 encodes an RNase H which removes RNA primers made by the T4 DNA replication system in vitroH C Hollingsworth
Section on Nucleic Acid Biochemistry, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
J Biol Chem 266:1888-97. 1991..2) upstream of T4 gene 33, identified previously by Hahn and co-workers (Hahn, S., Kruse, U., and Rüger, W. (1986) Nucleic Acids Res...
- Rat gene 33: analysis of its structure, messenger RNA and basal promoter activityN B Chrapkiewicz
Department of Molecular Physiology and Biophysics, Vanderbilt University Medical School, Nashville, TN 37232
Nucleic Acids Res 17:6651-67. 1989Several overlapping cDNA and genomic DNA clones corresponding to mRNA g33 and gene 33, respectively, were isolated and characterized...
- Molecular cloning and analysis of full-length cDNAs cognate to a rat gene under multihormonal controlK L Lee
Biology Division, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Tennessee 37831 8077
Arch Biochem Biophys 269:106-13. 1989b>Gene 33 is a multihormonally regulated rat gene whose transcription is rapidly and markedly enhanced by glucocorticoids, insulin, or cAMP...
- Structure of a multihormonally regulated rat geneM H Tindal
University of Tennessee Oak Ridge Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences
Gene 71:413-20. 1988b>Gene 33, a rat gene transcriptionally enhanced by glucocorticoids, insulin, or cyclic AMP, was isolated from a library of rat genomic DNA and characterized by sequence comparison to a full-length cDNA...
- Mouse alpha 1- and beta 2-syntrophin gene structure, chromosome localization, and homology with a discs large domainM E Adams
Department of Physiology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill 27599 7545, USA
J Biol Chem 270:25859-65. 1995..The first pleckstrin homology domain is interrupted by a domain homologous to repeated sequences originally found in the Drosophila discs-large protein...
- Identification of a novel mitogen-inducible gene (mig-6): regulation during G1 progression and differentiationM Wick
Institut für Molekularbiologie und Tumorforschung IMT, Philipps Universitat Marburg, Germany
Exp Cell Res 219:527-35. 1995..As a first step toward a functional characterization we show that the Mig-6 polypeptide is located in the cytoplasm...
- Efficient herpes simplex virus type 1 (HSV-1) capsid formation directed by the varicella-zoster virus scaffolding protein requires the carboxy-terminal sequences from the HSV-1 homologueV G Preston
MRC Virology Unit, Institute of Virology, Glasgow, UK
J Gen Virol 78:1633-46. 1997..Removal of 27 amino acids from the carboxy terminus of the VZV scaffolding protein by the gene 33 protease or expression of the cleaved product did not result in any discernible change in the morphology of the ..
- Characterization of the proteinase specified by varicella-zoster virus gene 33D J McMillan
Department of Biology, Roche Discovery Welwyn, UK
J Gen Virol 78:2153-7. 1997..These genes were expressed in insect cells using recombinant baculovirus and it was confirmed that gene 33 encodes a proteinase capable of autoproteolytic processing at two positions. When VZV gene 33...
- Structure and splice products of the human gene encoding sds22, a putative mitotic regulator of protein phosphatase-1H Ceulemans
Afdeling Biochemie, Faculteit Geneeskunde, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium
Eur J Biochem 262:36-42. 1999..The 5'-flanking region of PPP1R7 contains two NF-Y-binding CCAAT boxes near the transcription start site and potential binding sites for the transcription factors c-Myb, Ik-2 and NF-1, which are conserved in the mouse gene...
- The tyrosine kinase ACK1 associates with clathrin-coated vesicles through a binding motif shared by arrestin and other adaptorsM Teo
Glaxo IMCB Group, Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, 30 Medical Drive, Singapore 117609, Japan
J Biol Chem 276:18392-8. 2001..dependent on the presence of C-terminal "adaptor" sequences that are also present in the related nonkinase gene 33. ACK1 interacts with the adaptor Nck via SH3 interactions but does not form a trimeric complex with p21-activated ..
- Prevalence of verotoxin-producing Escherichia coli (VTEC) in slurry, farmyard manure and sewage sludge in FranceC Vernozy-Rozand
Unité de Microbiologie Alimentaire et Prévisionnelle, Ecole Nationale Veterinaire de Lyon, France
J Appl Microbiol 93:473-8. 2002..The aims of the present study were to determine VTEC prevalence in manure, slurry and sewage sludge in France and to characterize the VTEC strains isolated (virulence genes and serotype)...
- Mitogen-inducible gene 6 (MIG-6), adipophilin and tuftelin are inducible by hypoxiaSirkku T Saarikoski
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, and Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California, P O Box 951732, Los Angeles 90095, USA
FEBS Lett 530:186-90. 2002..Using representational difference analysis, we identified three novel hypoxia-inducible genes: MIG-6 (gene 33), adipophilin and tuftelin...
- Modulation of Elk-dependent-transcription by Gene33Adam B Keeton
Department of Pathology, Division of Molecular and Cellular Pathology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama, 35294 0019
J Cell Biochem 94:1190-8. 2005..These findings suggest that Gene33 may increase ERK activity, and that the C-terminal half of Gene33 may act less specifically in the absence of the N-terminal half, inducing JNK activity...
- Increased MIG-6 mRNA transcripts in osteoarthritic cartilageRaluca G Mateescu
Baker Institute for Animal Health, College of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University, NY 14853, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 332:482-6. 2005..This is the first report associating MIG-6 with OA. Additional studies will determine what role MIG-6 has in the origin of cartilage degeneration...
- Diagnosis of Alternaria alternata sensitization with natural and recombinant Alt a 1 allergensJuan A Asturias
Research and Development Department, Bial Aristegui, Alameda Urquijo 27, 48008 Bilbao, Spain
J Allergy Clin Immunol 115:1210-7. 2005..Diagnosis of Alternaria alternata sensitization is hampered by the variability and complexity of fungal extracts, and thus simplification of the diagnostic procedures with purified allergens should be pursued...
- Genes in canine articular cartilage that respond to mechanical injury: gene expression studies with Affymetrix canine GeneChipN Burton-Wurster
Baker Institute for Animal Health, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA niw
J Hered 96:821-8. 2005..After applying the strict Bonferroni correction, 172 remained significantly affected. One of these genes, MIG-6/gene 33, was chosen for verification by real- time quantitative reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR)...
- Mig6 is a negative regulator of EGF receptor-mediated skin morphogenesis and tumor formationIngvar Ferby
Department of Molecular Neurobiology, Max Planck Institute of Neurobiology, Klopferspitz 18, 82152 Martinsried, Germany
Nat Med 12:568-73. 2006..Here, we show that deletion of the mouse gene encoding Mig6 (designated Errfi1, which stands for ERBB receptor feedback inhibitor 1) causes hyperactivation of endogenous epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) and sustained ..
- Activated Cdc42-associated kinase 1 is a component of EGF receptor signaling complex and regulates EGF receptor degradationFeng Shen
Weis Center for Research, Geisinger Clinic, Danville, PA 17822, USA
Mol Biol Cell 18:732-42. 2007..receptor (EGFR) upon EGF stimulation via a region at carboxy terminus that is highly homologous to Gene-33/Mig-6/RALT. The interaction of ACK1 with EGFR was dependent on the kinase activity or tyrosine phosphorylation of EGFR...
- Gene expression profiling in melanoma identifies novel downstream effectors of p14ARFLeisl M Packer
Oncogenomics Laboratory, Queensland Institute of Medical Research, Brisbane, Australia
Int J Cancer 121:784-90. 2007..We propose that regulation of these genes may contribute to melanoma development when p14ARF function is lost...
- Gene expression analysis of endometrium reveals progesterone resistance and candidate susceptibility genes in women with endometriosisRichard O Burney
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Stanford University, Stanford, California 94305, USA
Endocrinology 148:3814-26. 2007..candidate susceptibility genes were identified that may be associated with this disorder, including FOXO1A, MIG6, and CYP26A1...
- Mutant Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor Signaling in Lung CancerUdayan Guha; Fiscal Year: 2010..This proposal is aimed at elucidating the signaling pathways that relay the signals from mutant EGFRs to promote cancer cell survival and proliferation and validate those targets of mutant EGFR in lung cancer patients. ..
- Steroid Hormone Regulation of Uterine Function and DysfunctionJae Wook Jeong; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- Robert J Coffey; Fiscal Year: 2015..Analysis of these in vivo models, combined with in vitro cell culture systems and clinical samples, will provide new insights into pathogenesis of intestinal neoplasia and may lead to novel therapeutic strategies for CRC. ..
- Philip A Cole; Fiscal Year: 2016..to understand their enzymologic features, inhibitor sensitivities, and interactions with the tumor suppressor Mig6. 2. Elucidate the molecular mechanisms of regulation of the tumor suppressor PTEN by C-terminal phosphorylation...
- ERBB SIGNALING IN LIVER ONTOGENY AND REGENERATIONWilliam E Russell; Fiscal Year: 2013..There are also negative regulators of ErbB signaling, such as tyrosine phosphatases and proteins, such as Ralt, that complex directly with the ErbB proteins...
- ERBB SIGNALING IN LIVER ONTOGENY AND REGENERATIONWilliam Russell; Fiscal Year: 2009..There are also negative regulators of ErbB signaling, such as tyrosine phosphatases and proteins, such as Ralt, that complex directly with the ErbB proteins...
- Mechanisms to Induce Islet ProliferationPatrick T Fueger; Fiscal Year: 2011..the role of EGFlreceptor signaling on TFF-3 induced beta cell proliferation, 2) to determine the ro\e of Gene 33/Mig-6/RALT in mbdulatlng EGF receptcr signaling and beta cell proliferation, and 3) to identify noverfactors that ..
- GENE 33 AND HYPERTROPHYAnthony Makkinje; Fiscal Year: 2001..We have identified an immediate early gene product, Gene 33, that is transcriptionally induced by pro-hypertrophic stress stimuli including unilateral nephrectomy and end ..
- REOVIRUSES AND PROBES OF MUCOSAL IMMUNE RESPONSESJOHN CEBRA; Fiscal Year: 2001..questions concerning the 'mucosal' component of the immune system which functions in the respiratory tract (RALT)...
- Gene 33 in Ischemic CardiomyopathyDazhong Xu; Fiscal Year: 2008..provide short-term support for the PI to further develop a promising ongoing research project on the function of Gene 33 in ischemic cardiomyopathy...
- Gene profiling of ventilator induced acute lung injuryDmitry Grigoryev; Fiscal Year: 2004..These studies could uncover novel targets for prophylactics and therapeutic protection against ventilator-induced ALl. ..
- Improving Learning in MS: A Randomized Clinical TrialNancy Chiaravalloti; Fiscal Year: 2008..In addition, we will be able to draw conclusions regarding the impact of this particular memory remediation program on everyday life from questionnaires completed by the participant and a significant other. [unreadable] [unreadable]..