Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ERM
Description: ETS variant 5
Alias: ERM, ETS translocation variant 5, ets-related molecule, ets-related protein ERM
Publications313 found, 100 shown here
- [Differentiation of resistance phenotypes among erythromycin-resistant streptococci]Danijela Bejuk
Zavod za klinicku mikrobiologiju i hospitalne infekcije, Opca bolnica Sveti Duh, Zagreb, Hrvatska
Acta Med Croatica 58:301-6. 2004..MLS resistance is mediated by two classes of methylase genes--the conventional erm(B) and recently described erm(A) determinants...
- Susceptibilities of Streptococcus pyogenes and Streptococcus pneumoniae to macrolides and telithromycin: data from an Italian multicenter studyA Mazzariol
Departimento di Patologia, Sezione di Microbiologia, Univerdità degli Studi di Verona, Strada Le Grazie 8, 37134 Verona, Italy
J Chemother 19:500-7. 2007..3% iMLS B resistance, and 27.4% Mtype resistance. All cMLS B strains had the erm(B) gene, all M strains had the mef (A) gene, and no resistance genes were found in the erythromycin-susceptible ..
- Molecular characterization of macrolide resistance determinants [erm(B) and mef(A)] in Streptococcus pneumoniae and viridans group streptococci (VGS) isolated from adult patients with cystic fibrosis (CF)Akihiro Tazumi
Department of Bacteriology, Northern Ireland Public Health Laboratory, Belfast City Hospital, Lisburn Road, Belfast BT9 7AD, Northern Ireland, UK
J Antimicrob Chemother 64:501-6. 2009..We therefore suggest that long-term use of azithromycin increases macrolide resistance in commensal streptococci...
- [Investigation of macrolide-lincosamide-streptogramin B (MLS(B)) and telithromycin resistance in clinical strains of staphylococci]Zeynep Saribas
Hacettepe Universitesi Tip Fakultesi, Tibbi Mikrobiyoloji Anabilim Dali, Ankara
Mikrobiyol Bul 44:177-86. 2010..Distribution of erm genes was detected by PCR method. Of 381 isolates 112 (29.4%) S. aureus and 58 (61...
- Genome-wide association yields new sequence variants at seven loci that associate with measures of obesityGudmar Thorleifsson
deCODE Genetics, Reykjavik, Iceland
Nat Genet 41:18-24. 2009..6 x 10(-7). This includes previously identified variants close to or in the FTO, MC4R, BDNF and SH2B1 genes, in addition to variants at seven loci not previously connected with obesity...
- Obesity genes identified in genome-wide association studies are associated with adiposity measures and potentially with nutrient-specific food preferenceFlorianne Bauer
Complex Genetics Section, Department of Medical Genetics, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, Netherlands
Am J Clin Nutr 90:951-9. 2009..New genetic loci, most of which are expressed in the brain, have recently been reported to contribute to the development of obesity. The brain, especially the hypothalamus, is strongly involved in regulating weight and food intake...
- Cumulative effects and predictive value of common obesity-susceptibility variants identified by genome-wide association studiesShengxu Li
MRC Epidemiology Unit, Institute of Metabolic Science, Cambridge, UK
Am J Clin Nutr 91:184-90. 2010..Large-scale genome-wide association studies have identified 12 genetic loci that are robustly associated with body mass index (BMI)...
- Development and application of real-time PCR assays for quantification of erm genes conferring resistance to macrolides-lincosamides-streptogramin B in livestock manure and manure management systemsJing Chen
The MAPLE Research Initiative, Department of Animal Sciences, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 73:4407-16. 2007..We report here the development, validation, and use of six real-time PCR assays for quantifying six classes of erm genes (classes A through C, F, T, and X) that encode the major mechanism of resistance to macrolides-lincosamides-..
- Technical note: Occurrence in fecal microbiota of genes conferring resistance to both macrolide-lincosamide-streptogramin B and tetracyclines concomitant with feeding of beef cattle with tylosinJ Chen
Department of Animal Sciences, The Ohio State University, Columbus 43210, USA
J Anim Sci 86:2385-91. 2008..9 mg/ kg of feed, respectively, DM) in feed. The abundance of genes conferring resistance to MLS(B) (erm genes) and tetracyclines (tet genes) were quantified using class-specific, real-time PCR assays...
- Evolution and origin of merlin, the product of the Neurofibromatosis type 2 (NF2) tumor-suppressor geneKseniya Golovnina
Institute of Cytology and Genetics, Russian Academy of Sciences, 630090, Novosibirsk, Russia
BMC Evol Biol 5:69. 2005..Merlin, the product of the Neurofibromatosis type 2 (NF2) tumor suppressor gene, belongs to the ezrin-radixin-moesin (ERM) subgroup of the protein 4.1 superfamily, which links cell surface glycoproteins to the actin cytoskeleton...
- A novel Erm monomethyltransferase in antibiotic-resistant isolates of Mannheimia haemolytica and Pasteurella multocidaBenoit Desmolaize
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Southern Denmark, Campusvej 55, DK 5230 Odense M, Denmark
Mol Microbiol 80:184-94. 2011..of the 23S rRNAs by mass spectrometry revealed that nucleotide A2058 is monomethylated, consistent with a Type I erm phenotype conferring macrolide-lincosamide resistance...
- Polyclonal population structure of Streptococcus pneumoniae isolates in Spain carrying mef and mef plus erm(B)Elia Gómez G de la Pedrosa
Servicio de Microbiologia, Hospital Universitario Ramon y Cajal, and CIBER ESP, Madrid, Spain
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 52:1964-9. 2008..sequencing types) of 45 mef-positive Streptococcus pneumoniae isolates [carrying mef alone (n = 17) or with the erm(B) gene n = 28)] were studied...
- Spectral-domain optical coherence tomography for monitoring epiretinal membrane surgeryChristiane I Falkner-Radler
The Ludwig Boltzmann Institute of Retinology and Biomicroscopic Lasersurgery, Department of Ophthalmology, Rudolf Foundation Clinic, Vienna, Austria
Ophthalmology 117:798-805. 2010To assess prognostic factors in epiretinal membrane (ERM) surgery using spectral-domain (SD) optical coherence tomography (OCT).
- Complete epiretinal membrane separation in highly myopic eyes with retinal detachment resulting from a macular holeY Oshima
Department of Ophthalmology, Osaka Rosai Hospital, Sakai City, Japan
Am J Ophthalmol 126:669-76. 1998..However, removing friable, thin ERMs from detached retinas is often difficult. We report the efficacy of a diamond-dusted silicone cannula in the removal of ERMs from detached retinas...
- Trypan blue staining of internal limiting membrane and epiretinal membrane during vitrectomy: visual results and histopathological findingsK Li
St Paul s Eye Unit, Royal Liverpool University Hospital, UK
Br J Ophthalmol 87:216-9. 2003To report on the use of trypan blue (TB) 0.06% for staining the internal limiting membrane (ILM) and epiretinal membrane (ERM) during vitrectomy and report on their histology.
- High prevalence of tetracycline resistance in Enterococcus isolates from broilers carrying the erm(B) geneK Cauwerts
Department of Pathology, Bacteriology and Avian Diseases, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Ghent University, Salisburylaan 133, Merelbeke, Belgium
Avian Pathol 36:395-9. 2007A total of 73 isolates of Enterococcus spp. carrying the erm(B) gene were obtained from cloacal swabs of broiler chickens derived from 13 different farms in Belgium...
- A conjugative macrolide resistance gene, mef(A), in environmental Clostridium perfringens carrying multiple macrolide and/or tetracycline resistance genesO O Soge
Department of Environmental and Occupational Health Sciences, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
J Appl Microbiol 106:34-40. 2009..To determine if environmental Clostridium perfringens carry antibiotic resistance genes and if the genes are mobile...
- Development and trends of surgical modalities for breast cancer in China: a review of 16-year dataKe Da Yu
Department of Breast Surgery, Cancer Hospital Cancer Institute, Fudan University, Shanghai, 200032, People s Republic of China
Ann Surg Oncol 14:2502-9. 2007..Surgery is the most important treatment for nonmetastatic breast cancer; however, the utilization of modern surgical techniques in management of breast cancer in mainland China has not been reported...
- Intrinsic macrolide resistance in Mycobacterium smegmatis is conferred by a novel erm gene, erm(38)Kevin A Nash
Children s Hospital Los Angeles and University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 47:3053-60. 2003..A search of the DNA sequence data for M. smegmatis strain mc(2)155 identified a novel erm gene, erm(38), and expression analysis showed that erm(38) RNA levels increased >10-fold after a 2-h incubation ..
- Resistance to macrolides, lincosamides, streptogramins, and linezolid among members of the Staphylococcus sciuri groupSrdjan Stepanovic
Department of Bacteriology, Institute of Microbiology and Immunology, School of Medicine, 11000 Belgrade, Serbia
Microb Drug Resist 12:115-20. 2006..their susceptibility by disk diffusion and agar dilution methods, along with PCR detection of the resistance genes erm(A), erm(B), erm(C), mef(A), lnu(A), and lnu(B), were performed. Resistance to macrolides was detected in 10 (5...
- Distribution and expression of macrolide resistance genes in coagulase-negative staphylococciS G Gatermann
Abteilung für Medizinische Mikrobiologie, Ruhr Universitat Bochum, Bochum, Germany
Clin Microbiol Infect 13:777-81. 2007..Most (63%) erythromycin-resistant isolates carried constitutively expressed erm(C) as the sole resistance determinant, with the notable exception of Staphylococcus hominis subsp...
- Molecular basis of intrinsic macrolide resistance in clinical isolates of Mycobacterium fortuitumKevin A Nash
Department of Pathology, University of Southern California, and Saban Research Institute of Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA, USA
J Antimicrob Chemother 55:170-7. 2005..Some clinical isolates of Mycobacterium fortuitum are naturally resistant to macrolides, e.g. clarithromycin. Thus, the aim of this study was to identify the gene(s) conferring this resistance...
- Molecular analysis of constitutively expressed erm(C) genes selected in vitro in the presence of the non-inducers pirlimycin, spiramycin and tylosinPetra Lüthje
Institut für Tierzucht, Bundesforschungsanstalt für Landwirtschaft FAL, Höltystr 10, 31535 Neustadt Mariensee, Germany
J Antimicrob Chemother 59:97-101. 2007..which are frequently used for the therapy of bovine mastitis, cannot induce the expression of the resistance gene erm(C)...
- Assessment of clarithromycin susceptibility in strains belonging to the Mycobacterium abscessus group by erm(41) and rrl sequencingSylvaine Bastian
Centre National de Référence des Mycobactéries et de la Résistance des Mycobactéries aux Antituberculeux, Paris, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 55:775-81. 2011Clarithromycin was the drug of choice for Mycobacterium abscessus infections until inducible resistance due to erm(41) was described. Because M. abscessus was split into M...
- Three-dimensional evaluation of vitreomacular traction and epiretinal membrane using spectral-domain optical coherence tomographyHideki Koizumi
Vitreous Retina Macula Consultants of New York, Manhattan Eye, Ear, and Throat Hospital, New York, New York 10022, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 145:509-517. 2008To delineate the 3-dimensional (3-D) relationship in vitreomacular traction (VMT) and idiopathic epiretinal membrane (ERM).
- Mutations in 23S rRNA and ribosomal protein L4 account for resistance in pneumococcal strains selected in vitro by macrolide passageA Tait-Kamradt
Department of Infectious Diseases, Pfizer, Inc, Groton, Connecticut 06340, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 44:2118-25. 2000..macrolides, but resistance could not be explained by any clinically relevant resistance determinant [mef(A), erm(A), erm(B), erm(C), erm(TR), msr(A), mph(A), mph(B), mph(C), ere(A), ere(B)]...
- Molecular characterization of macrolide resistance mechanisms among Streptococcus pneumoniae and Streptococcus pyogenes isolated from the PROTEKT 1999-2000 studyD J Farrell
GR Micro Ltd, 7 9 William Road, London NW1 3ER, UK
J Antimicrob Chemother 50:39-47. 2002..pneumoniae isolates collected from 25 countries were as follows: 35.3% mef(A), 56.2% erm(B), 6.8% both mef(A) and erm(B), 0.2% erm(A) subclass erm(TR) and 1.5% negative for mechanisms tested...
- Differences in potential for selection of clindamycin-resistant mutants between inducible erm(A) and erm(C) Staphylococcus aureus genesClaire Daurel
Service de Microbiologie, CHU Cote de Nacre, 14033 Caen Cedex, France
J Clin Microbiol 46:546-50. 2008In staphylococci, inducible macrolide-lincosamide-streptogramin B (MLS(B)) resistance is conferred by the erm(C) or erm(A) gene. This phenotype is characterized by the erythromycin-clindamycin "D-zone" test...
- In vitro selection of resistance to clindamycin related to alterations in the attenuator of the erm(TR) gene of Streptococcus pyogenes UCN1 inducibly resistant to erythromycinM Fines
Service de Microbiologie, CHU Cote de Nacre, Avenue Cote de Nacre, 14033 Caen Cedex, France
J Antimicrob Chemother 48:411-6. 2001..03 mg/L) harboured an inducible erm(TR) gene encoding a ribosomal methylase...
- Pharmacodynamic activity of azithromycin against macrolide-susceptible and -resistant Streptococcus pneumoniae simulating clinically achievable free serum, epithelial lining fluid and middle ear fluid concentrationsGeorge G Zhanel
Department of Medical Microbiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Manitoba, and Health Sciences Centre, MS673 820 Sherbrook Street, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada R3A 1R9
J Antimicrob Chemother 52:83-8. 2003..pneumoniae simulating clinically achievable free serum (S), epithelial lining fluid (ELF) and middle ear fluid (MEF) concentrations...
- Tetracycline and macrolide co-resistance in Streptococcus pyogenes: co-selection as a reason for increase in macrolide-resistant S. pyogenes?Hans Ulrik K Nielsen
Statens Serum Institut, 2300 Copenhagen S, Denmark
Microb Drug Resist 10:231-8. 2004..November 2000, and November 2002. The macrolide-resistance genes, erm(B), erm(A), and mef(A) were detected in 46%, 18%, and 32% of the tested MRSP isolates, respectively...
- Trypan blue- and indocyanine green-assisted epiretinal membrane surgery: clinical and histopathological studiesA K H Kwok
Department of Ophthalmology, Hong Kong Sanatorium and Hospital, Hong Kong, People s Republic of China
Eye (Lond) 18:882-8. 2004To evaluate the clinical outcome and electron microscopic findings of trypan blue (Tb) and indocyanine green (ICG) assisted epiretinal membrane (ERM) surgery.
- Molecular epidemiologic analysis of Enterococcus faecalis isolates in Cuba by multilocus sequence typingDianelys Quiñones
Department of Bacteriology Mycology, Pedro Kouri Institute of Tropical Medicine, Havana, Cuba
Microb Drug Resist 15:287-93. 2009..of both antimicrobial resistance genes [aac(6')-aph(2''), aph(3'), ant(6), ant(3'')(9), aph(2'')-Id, aph(2'')-Ic, erm(B), erm(A), erm(C), mef(A), tet(M), and tet(L)] and virulence genes (agg, gelE, cylA, esp, ccf, and efaAfs) were ..
- Trypan blue staining of epiretinal membranes in proliferative vitreoretinopathyEric J Feron
Rotterdam Eye Hospital, Schiedamsevest 180, 3011 BH Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Arch Ophthalmol 120:141-4. 2002To determine whether trypan blue staining facilitates epiretinal membrane (ERM) removal in proliferative vitreoretinopathy.
- Ketolide resistance in Streptococcus pyogenes correlates with the degree of rRNA dimethylation by ErmStephen Douthwaite
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Southern Denmark, Campusvej 55, DK 5230 Odense M, Denmark
Mol Microbiol 58:613-22. 2005..This form of resistance is encoded by erm dimethyltransferase genes, and is found in many pathogenic bacteria...
- New Tn916-related elements causing erm(B)-mediated erythromycin resistance in tetracycline-susceptible pneumococciIleana Cochetti
Institute of Microbiology and Biomedical Sciences, Polytechnic University of Marche Medical School, 60020 Ancona, Italy
J Antimicrob Chemother 60:127-31. 2007To analyse the as yet unexplored genetic elements encoding erm(B)-mediated erythromycin resistance in tetracycline-susceptible pneumococci.
- [High-resolution optical coherence tomography to evaluate vitreomacular traction before and after membrane peeling]M Georgopoulos
Universitätsklinik für Augenheilkunde und Optometrie, Medizinische Universität Wien, Wahringer Gurtel 18 20, 1090, Wien, Osterreich
Ophthalmologe 105:753-60. 2008....
- Unusual resistance patterns in macrolide-resistant Streptococcus pyogenes harbouring erm(A)Surbhi Malhotra-Kumar
Department of Medical Microbiology, Vaccine and Infectious Disease Institute, Universiteit Antwerpen, Antwerp, Belgium
J Antimicrob Chemother 63:42-6. 2009We identified erm(A)-harbouring Streptococcus pyogenes that expressed three variant phenotypes: (1) low-level resistance to erythromycin (MICs 1-4 mg/L) but high azithromycin MICs in absolute terms (16-64 mg/L; n=6); (2) same as (1) but ..
- Selected antimicrobial resistance during composting of manure from cattle administered sub-therapeutic antimicrobialsRanjana Sharma
Agriculture and Agri Food Research Centre, 5403 1st Ave S, Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada T1J 4B1
J Environ Qual 38:567-75. 2009..ampicillin (Amp(r)) and tetracycline (Tet(r)), and select tetracycline (tet) and erythromycin resistance methylase (erm) genes...
- Molecular ecology of macrolide-lincosamide-streptogramin B methylases in waste lagoons and subsurface waters associated with swine productionSatoshi Koike
Department of Animal Sciences, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, 1207 W Gregory Dr, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
Microb Ecol 59:487-98. 2010..MLS(B) resistance genes found in tylosin-producing Streptomyces (tlr(B), tlr(D)) and commensal/pathogenic bacteria (erm(A), erm(B), erm(C), erm(F), erm(G), erm(Q))...
- Expression of ezrin radixin moesin proteins in the adult subventricular zone and the rostral migratory streamA Persson
Center for Brain Repair and Rehabilitation, Institute of Neuroscience and Physiology, University of Gothenburg, Gothenburg, Sweden
Neuroscience 167:312-22. 2010..Radixin is a member of the ERM (Ezrin, Radixin, Moesin) family, which connect the actin cytoskeleton to the extracellular matrix through ..
- Molecular epidemiology and genetic linkage of macrolide and aminoglycoside resistance in Staphylococcus intermedius of canine originP Boerlin
Institute for Veterinary Bacteriology, University of Bern, Langgass strasse 122, CH 3012, Bern, Switzerland
Vet Microbiol 79:155-69. 2001..intermedius populations. The erythromycin-resistant isolates were all carrying erm(B), but not erm(A), erm(C), or msr(A)...
- Effect of erythromycin on biological activities induced by clostridium perfringens alpha-toxinMasataka Oda
Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Tokushima Bunri University, Yamashirocho, Tokushima, Japan
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 327:934-40. 2008..Here, we show that alpha-toxin-induced lethality in mice was inhibited by i.v. preadministration of erythromycin (ERM)...
- Claudin 5 expression in mouse seminiferous epithelium is dependent upon the transcription factor ets variant 5 and contributes to blood-testis barrier functionCarla M K Morrow
Department of Veterinary Biosciences, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, Illinois 61802, USA
Biol Reprod 81:871-9. 2009..In conclusion, CLDN5 is expressed in the seminiferous epithelium, appears to be regulated by multiple influences, and contributes to BTB function...
- Vision-related quality of life and visual function after vitrectomy for various vitreoretinal disordersFumiki Okamoto
Department of Ophthalmology, Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 51:744-51. 2010..To investigate vision-related quality of life (VR-QOL) in patients undergoing vitrectomy for various vitreoretinal disorders and to evaluate the relationship between VR-QOL and visual function...
- Mycoparasitism of arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi: a pathway for the entry of saprotrophic fungi into rootsNathalie De Jaeger
Earth and Life Institute, Mycology, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Louvain la Neuve, Belgium
FEMS Microbiol Ecol 73:312-22. 2010..fungus parasitizes a wide range of phytopathogenic fungi, a phenomenon also reported in the extraradical mycelium (ERM) of AM fungi...
- Erythromycin resistance and virulence genes in Enterococcus faecalis from swine in ChinaLi Kou Zou
School of Life Science, Sichuan University, Animal Disease Prevention and Food Safety Key Laboratory of Sichuan Province, Chengdu, China
New Microbiol 34:73-80. 2011..the DNA from rythromycin-resistant isolates were amplified with primers specific for erythromycin resistance erm(A), erm(B), erm(C), mef(A/E), and msr(C) genes...
- Enzymatic evidence for the key role of arginine in nitrogen translocation by arbuscular mycorrhizal fungiCristina Cruz
Universidade de Lisboa, Faculdade de Ciencias, Departamento de Biologia Vegetal, Centro de Ecologia e Biologia Vegetal, 1749 016 Lisboa, Portugal
Plant Physiol 144:782-92. 2007..petri dishes and three ammonium levels were supplied to the compartment containing the extraradical mycelium (ERM), but no roots...
- Prevalence of mefE, erm and tet(M) genes in Streptococcus pneumoniae strains from Central ItalyL Latini
Department of Pediatrics, University of Rome La Sapienza, Italy
Int J Antimicrob Agents 13:29-33. 1999..The mefE, erm and tet(M) genes were detected in 16.2, 45.1 and 47.4% of isolates respectively...
- Epithelial cell response to challenge of bacterial lipoteichoic acids and lipopolysaccharides in vitroM T Pöllänen
Institute of Dentistry, University of Turku, Finland
J Med Microbiol 49:245-52. 2000..Porphyromonas gingivalis, Treponema denticola and Escherichia coli) on two epithelial cell lines (HaCaT and ERM) and a culture model for human JE...
- Genetic linkage between erm(B) and vanA in Enterococcus hirae of poultry originKatrine Borgen
Department of Pharmacology, Microbiology and Food Hygiene, The Norwegian School of Veterinary Science N 0033 Oslo, Norway
Microb Drug Resist 8:363-8. 2002..In the present study, a close genetic linkage between the vanA and erm(B) determinants in an Enterococcus hirae isolate of poultry origin is demonstrated, a result that indicates a ..
- Interleukin-1beta induces a reactive astroglial phenotype via deactivation of the Rho GTPase-Rock axisGareth R John
Corinne Goldsmith Dickinson Center for Multiple Sclerosis, Department of Neurology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029, USA
J Neurosci 24:2837-45. 2004..interactions with focal adhesions, nonmuscle myosin, and microvillar adapter proteins of the ezrin-radixin-moesin (ERM) family...
- Direct detection of antibiotic resistance genes in specimens of chicken and pork meatCristiana Garofalo
Department of Food Sciences, Universita Politecnica delle Marche, Via Ranieri, Montedago, 60131 Ancona, Italy
Int J Food Microbiol 113:75-83. 2007..The frequency of 11 genes [tet(M), tet(O), tet(K), erm(A), erm(B), erm(C), vanA, vanB, aac (6')-Ie aph (2'')-Ia, mecA, blaZ] encoding resistance to some antibiotics ..
- Common and distinct factors regulate expression of mRNA for ETV5 and GDNF, Sertoli cell proteins essential for spermatogonial stem cell maintenanceLiz Simon
Department of Veterinary Biosciences, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, 2001 S Lincoln Ave, Urbana, IL 61802, USA
Exp Cell Res 313:3090-9. 2007..In conclusion, we have identified common and unique pathways that regulate Etv5 and Gdnf mRNA in Sertoli cells, and FGFs are emerging as key regulators of the Sertoli cell proteins that control SSCs...
- Evolution of macrolide resistance in Streptococcus pneumoniae clinical isolates in the prevaccine eraGeorge L Daikos
First Department of Propaedeutic Medicine, University of Athens, 11527 Athens, Greece
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 60:393-8. 2008..Susceptibilities to macrolides were determined by Etest. The presence of mef(A), mef(E), and erm(B) genes were detected by polymerase chain reaction...
- Clonal multidrug-resistant Corynebacterium striatum strains, ItalyFloriana Campanile
Department of Microbiology, University of Catania, Catania, Italy
Emerg Infect Dis 15:75-8. 2009..Pulsed-field gel electrophoresis confirmed a single clone, possessing erm(X), tetA/B, cmxA/B, and aphA1 genes, but few related subclones. This strain is emerging as a pathogen in Italy.
- Molecular characterisation, antibiotic sensitivity and serotyping of hungarian Streptococcus pneumoniae isolatesOrsolya Dobay
Institute of Medical Microbiology, Semmelweis University, Budapest, Hungary
Acta Microbiol Immunol Hung 55:395-407. 2008..The main underlying mechanism was the presence of the erm(B) gene, but we could find also strains with the mef gene, some of them with unusually high resistance levels...
- Possible contribution of hyalocytes to idiopathic epiretinal membrane formation and its contractionR i Kohno
Department of Ophthalmology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, 3 1 1, Maidashi, Higashi ku, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Br J Ophthalmol 93:1020-6. 2009To address the cellular components and the contractile mechanisms of the idiopathic epiretinal membrane (ERM).
- Occurrence and persistence of erythromycin resistance genes (erm) and tetracycline resistance genes (tet) in waste treatment systems on swine farmsJing Chen
Department of Animal Sciences, The Ohio State University, 2029 Fyffe Road, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Microb Ecol 60:479-86. 2010..Three classes of erythromycin resistance genes (erm) genes (B, F, and X) conferring resistances to macrolide-lincosamides-streptogramin B (MLS(B)) and one class of ..
- Sediment quality in near coastal waters of the Gulf of Mexico: influence of Hurricane KatrinaJohn M Macauley
U S Environmental Protection Agency, Gulf Ecology Division, 1 Sabin Island Drive, Gulf Breeze, Florida 32561, USA
Environ Toxicol Chem 29:1403-8. 2010..There were no exceedances of effects range median (ERM) sediment quality guideline values for chemical contaminants in any of the sediment samples collected from the Lake ..
- Gene profiling of Graffi murine leukemia virus-induced lymphoid leukemias: identification of leukemia markers and Fmn2 as a potential oncogeneCyndia Charfi
Laboratoire de Biologie Moleculaire, Departement des Sciences Biologiques, Centre BIOMED, Universite du Quebec a Montreal, Montreal, QC, Canada
Blood 117:1899-910. 2011..These results, surely related to the role of FMN2 in meiotic spindle maintenance, suggest its important role in leukemogenesis. Finally, we propose a new panel of genes potentially involved in T and/or B leukemias...
- Absolute quantification of human serum transferrin by species-specific isotope dilution laser ablation ICP-MSIoana Konz
Department of Physical and Analytical Chemistry, Faculty of Chemistry, University of Oviedo, Julian Claveria, 8 33006 Oviedo, Spain
Anal Chem 83:5353-60. 2011..species-specific GE-LA-ICP-IDMS method was tested for the analysis of a serum certified reference material (ERM-DA470k/IFCC)...
- Collaborative evaluation of an erythromycin-clindamycin combination well for detection of inducible clindamycin resistance in beta-hemolytic streptococci by use of the CLSI broth microdilution methodJames H Jorgensen
Department of Pathology, University of Texas Health Science Center, 7703 Floyd Curl Drive, San Antonio, TX 78229 3900, USA
J Clin Microbiol 49:2884-6. 2011Constitutive or inducible clindamycin resistance can occur in beta-hemolytic streptococci due to the presence of an erm gene...
- The coactivator activator CoAA regulates PEA3 group member transcriptional activityKathye Verreman
Institut de Biologie de Lille, CNRS Université Lille Nord de France, Institut Pasteur de Lille, France
Biochem J 439:469-77. 2011The PEA3 (polyoma enhancer activator 3) group members [ERM (ETS-related molecule), ER81 (ETS-related 81) and PEA3] of the Ets transcription factor family are involved in migration and dissemination processes during organogenesis and ..
- Association of highly and weakly mycorrhizal seedlings can promote the extra- and intraradical development of a common mycorrhizal networkDamien Derelle
UPMC Paris 6, CNRS UMR 7618, Paris Cedex 05, France
FEMS Microbiol Ecol 79:251-9. 2012..truncatula mycorrhizal donor plant. Extraradical mycelium (ERM) and root colonization parameters as well as root morphology were measured over a period of 12 days...
- Excessive expression of hippocampal ezrin is induced by intrastriatal injection of 6-hydroxydopamineYosuke Matsumoto
Department of Molecular Physiology, College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Ritsumeikan University, Shiga, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 34:1753-8. 2011..Ezrin, radixin, and moesin are collectively known as ERM proteins...
- A high prevalence of mupirocin and macrolide resistance determinant among Staphylococcus aureus strains isolated from burnt patientsShadi Shahsavan
Department of Microbiology, School of Medicine, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Burns 38:378-82. 2012..Ninety five percent of the isolates were positive for one or more erm genes. The most common genes were ermA (75%), ermC (72%) and ermB (69%), respectively...
- Retinal surface en face optical coherence tomography: a new imaging approach in epiretinal membrane surgeryMarco Rispoli
Mediterraneo Eye Center, Rome, Italy
Retina 32:2070-6. 2012To describe the clinical effectiveness of a new imaging approach: en face spectral domain optical coherence tomography of the retinal surface before and after epiretinal membrane (ERM) and internal limiting membrane peeling.
- Associations between metamorphopsia and foveal microstructure in patients with epiretinal membraneFumiki Okamoto
Department of Ophthalmology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 53:6770-5. 2012To investigate the relationship between the severity of metamorphopsia and the foveal microstructure measured with spectral-domain optical coherence tomography (SD-OCT) in patients with epiretinal membrane (ERM).
- Heavy metal in surface sediments of the Liaodong Bay, Bohai Sea: distribution, contamination, and sourcesBangqi Hu
Key Laboratory of Marine Hydrocarbon Resources and Environmental Geology, Ministry of Land and Resources, Qingdao Institute of Marine Geology, Qingdao 266071, China
Environ Monit Assess 185:5071-83. 2013..The spatial distribution of ecotoxicological index (mean-ERM-quotient) suggested that most of the surface sediments were "low-medium" priority zone...
- Photoreceptor outer segment length: a prognostic factor for idiopathic epiretinal membrane surgeryAkira Shiono
Department of Ophthalmology, St Marianna University School of Medicine, Miyamae ku, Kawasaki, Kanagawa, Japan
Ophthalmology 120:788-94. 2013To investigate prognostic factors for visual improvement in patients undergoing vitrectomy for epiretinal membrane (ERM) using spectral domain (SD) optical coherence tomography (OCT).
- [Correlation between the morphology of the IS/OS junction and functional outcomes in patients with idiopathic epiretinal membrane]Maiko Inoue
Department of Ophthalmology, Yokohama City University Medical Center, 4 57 Urafune cho, Minami Ku, Yokohama 232 0024, Japan
Nippon Ganka Gakkai Zasshi 116:1029-36. 2012Microincision vitrectomy surgery of an idiopathic epiretinal membrane (ERM) is useful for improving vision. However, some cases show poor visual recovery even after complete removal of the ERM...
- Detection of antibiotic resistant enterococci and Escherichia coli in free range Iberian Lynx (Lynx pardinus)Alexandre Gonçalves
Center of Genomics and Biotechnology Institute for Biotechnology and Bioengineering, University of Tras os Montes and Alto Douro, Vila Real, Portugal
Sci Total Environ 456:115-9. 2013..The tet(M) and/or tet(L), erm(B), aac(6')-Ie-aph(2″)-Ia, ant(6)-Ia, or aph(3')-IIIa genes were detected among resistant enterococci...
- Prevalence of inducible clindamycin resistance among community-associated staphylococcal isolates in central SerbiaA D Aleksandra
Public Health Institute, Kragujevac Center for Molecular Medicine and Stem Cell Research, University of Kragujevac, Kragujevac, Serbia
Indian J Med Microbiol 32:49-52. 2014..Detection of inducible clindamycin resistance was performed by the D-test, while the presence of methylases genes: erm (A), erm (B) and erm (C), as well as, macrolide efflux gene mef was determined by polymerase chain reaction...
- Intracellular Theileria annulata promote invasive cell motility through kinase regulation of the host actin cytoskeletonMin Ma
Neuro Oncology, Experimental Infectious Diseases and Cancer Research, University Children s Hospital Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland Molecular Pathobiology, University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland Graduate School for Cellular and Biomedical Sciences, University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland
PLoS Pathog 10:e1004003. 2014..We identified the F-actin binding ERM family proteins as MAP4K4 downstream effectors in this process because TNFα-induced ERM activation and cell ..
- First clinical isolate in Europe of clindamycin-resistant group B Streptococcus mediated by the lnu(B) geneDavid M Arana
Juan Ignacio Alós, Servicio de Microbiologia, Hospital Universitario de Getafe, Madrid, Spain
Rev Esp Quimioter 27:106-9. 2014..The presence of macrolide or lincosamide resistance genes [erm(A), erm(B), erm(C), erm(T), mef(A), mrs(A), lnu(A), lnu(B), lsa(B), lsa(C) and vga(C)] was investigated by PCR and ..
- Analysis of the ganglion cell layer and photoreceptor layer using optical coherence tomography after idiopathic epiretinal membrane surgerySung Who Park
Department of Ophthalmology, School of Medicine, Pusan National University, Yangsan, Korea
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 253:207-14. 2015To investigate the correlation of visual acuity with the ganglion cell layer and the photoreceptor layer using spectral-domain optical coherence tomography after surgery for idiopathic epiretinal membrane (ERM).
- Ezrin silencing remodulates the expression of Phosphoinositide-specific Phospholipase C enzymes in human osteosarcoma cell linesV R Lo Vasco
Sense organs Department, Policlinico Umberto I Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry, Sapienza University of Rome, Viale del Policlinico 155, 00185, Italy, Rome
J Cell Commun Signal 8:219-29. 2014Ezrin, a protein belonging to the Ezrin, radixin and moesin (ERM) family, was engaged in the metastatic spread of osteosarcoma. The Protein 4...
- p38MAPK, Rho/ROCK and PKC pathways are involved in influenza-induced cytoskeletal rearrangement and hyperpermeability in PMVEC via phosphorylating ERMChenyue Zhang
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Beijing University of Chinese Medicine, Beijing, PR China
Virus Res 192:6-15. 2014..Studies have also shown that ERM is phosphorylated in response to various stimuli via p38MAPK, Rho/ROCK or PKC pathways...
- Determination of Cystatin C in human serum by isotope dilution mass spectrometry using mass overlapping peptidesAna González-Antuña
Department of Physical and Analytical Chemistry, Faculty of Chemistry, University of Oviedo, Julian Claveria 8, 33006 Oviedo, Spain
J Proteomics 112:141-55. 2015..Applicability of the approach is demonstrated by the measurement of the serum concentration of Cystatin C in Reference Material ERM R-DA471/IFCC and real samples.
- Intraoperative and fluorescein angiographic findings of a secondary macular hole associated with age-related macular degeneration treated by pars plana vitrectomyTomohiro Okamoto
Laboratory of Retinal Cell Biology, Keio University School of Medicine, 35 Shinanomachi, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 160 8582, Japan
BMC Ophthalmol 14:114. 2014..Although exudative changes derived from CNV may cause epiretinal membrane (ERM) formation, which can also cause tractional force at the vitreo-retinal interface, there have been few reports of ..
- Occurrence, distribution, and ecological risk assessment of potentially toxic elements in surface sediments of Lake Awassa and Lake Ziway, EthiopiaKebede N Mekonnen
a Department of Chemistry, Addis Ababa University, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
J Environ Sci Health A Tox Hazard Subst Environ Eng 50:90-9. 2015..Based on effect range low (ERL) - effect range medium (ERM), in both lakes for Ag were greater than the ERM, indicating that the areas could be toxic to aquatic organisms, ..
- Diversity of enterococcal species and characterization of high-level aminoglycoside resistant enterococci of samples of wastewater and surface water in TunisiaLeila Ben Said
Laboratoire de Microorganismes et Biomolecules Actives, Departement de Biologie, Faculté de Sciences de Tunis, Campus Universitaire, 2092 Tunis, Tunisia
Sci Total Environ 530:11-7. 2015..gene (number isolates)]: kanamycin [29%/aph(3')-IIIa (n=22)], streptomycin [8%/ant(6)-Ia (n=4)], erythromycin [44%/erm(B) (n=34)], tetracycline [18%/tet(M) (n=6)/tet(M)-tet(L) (n=9)], chloramphenicol [2%/cat(A) (n=1)], ciprofloxacin [..
- Distribution and ecotoxicology of bioavailable metals and As in surface sediments of Paraguaçu estuary, Todos os Santos Bay, BrazilTaís de S Pereira
Núcleo de Estudos Ambientais, Instituto de Geociencias, Universidade Federal da Bahia UFBA, Campus de Ondina, 40170 290 Salvador, BA, Brazil
Mar Pollut Bull 99:166-77. 2015..Pollution indices (EF, Igeo and PIN) and a comparison with sediment quality guidelines (UET, ERL, ERM, TEL and PEL of NOAA) were conducted in order to evaluate the potential metal impacts over the area...
- Antimicrobial Susceptibility of Autochthonous Aquatic Vibrio cholerae in HaitiSandrine Baron
Mycoplasmology Bacteriology Unit, Ploufragan Plouzane Laboratory, French Agency for Food, Environmental and Occupational Health and SafetyPloufragan, France Vie Agro Santé, Bretagne Loire UniversityRennes, France
Front Microbiol 7:1671. 2016..Among the 50 isolates, 78% possessed at least two resistance-associated genes, and the genes sul1, ermA, and strB were detected in all four multidrug-resistant isolates...
- High rate of transmission of penicillin-resistant Streptococcus pneumoniae between parents and childrenKazuhiko Hoshino
Department of Internal Medicine, Institute of Tropical Medicine, Nagasaki University, Nagasaki, Japan
J Clin Microbiol 40:4357-9. 2002..protein genes pbp1a, pbp2x, and pbp2b and 33 strains had macrolide resistance genes mef(A) and/or erm(B). As a result, the PCR patterns of 16 of 18 pairs were identical...
- Novel genomic rearrangement that affects expression of the Streptococcus pyogenes streptolysin O (slo) geneDragutin J Savic
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73104, USA
J Bacteriol 185:1857-69. 2003..region, the reproducibility of the rearrangement, and the fact that reconstructed recombinant molecules fused to erm and lacZ reporter genes affected their expression indicate that this event is not accidental but may play a role in ..
- Mutagenesis of the ezrin-radixin-moesin binding domain of L-selectin tail affects shedding, microvillar positioning, and leukocyte tetheringAleksandar Ivetic
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Royal Free and University College School of Medicine, 91 Riding House Street, London W1W 7BS United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 279:33263-72. 2004..two basic amino acid residues within the L-selectin tail that are required for binding to ezrin-radixinmoesin (ERM) proteins: arginine 357 and lysine 362...
- Macrolide resistance based on the Erm-mediated rRNA methylationG Maravić
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Faculty of Pharmacy and Biochemistry, University of Zagreb, Ante Kovacicća 1, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia
Curr Drug Targets Infect Disord 4:193-202. 2004..practice is the modification of the target site exhibited by a family of rRNA methyltransferases designated Erm. Using S-adenosyl-L-methionine, Erm enzymes catalyze mono- or dimethylation of a specific adenine residue in the ..
- [Expression of ETV5 and MMP-7 in early stage cervical squamous cell carcinoma and its role in lymphatic metastasis]Su Hui Wu
Department of Gynecology, The First Hospital, Shanxi Medical University, Taiyuan, Shanxi 030001, P R China
Ai Zheng 25:315-9. 2006..This study was to investigate the expression of ETV5 and MMP-7 in cervical squamous cell carcinoma, and explore the roles of ETV5 and MMP-7 in invasion and metastasis of early stage cervical squamous cell carcinoma...
- The prevalence of erythromycin resistance in group B streptococcal isolates at a University Hospital in TaiwanRajendra Prasad Janapatla
Department of Medical Laboratory Science and Biotechnology, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan
Microb Drug Resist 14:293-7. 2008..Percentage of erythromycin-resistant isolates with erm(B) gene significantly increased from 72% in 2001 to 90% in 2007...
- Cotransfer of antibiotic resistance genes and a hylEfm-containing virulence plasmid in Enterococcus faeciumCesar A Arias
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, University of Texas Medical School at Houston, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 53:4240-6. 2009..The vanA gene cluster and gentamicin resistance determinants were genetically linked to hyl(Efm), whereas erm(B) and ant(6)-I, conferring macrolide-lincosamide-streptogramin B resistance and HLR to streptomycin, respectively, ..
- Spatiotemporal control of cyclic AMP immunomodulation through the PKA-Csk inhibitory pathway is achieved by anchoring to an Ezrin-EBP50-PAG scaffold in effector T cellsIsabelle Cornez
The Biotechnology Centre of Oslo, Centre for Molecular Medicine Norway, Nordic EMBL Partnership, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
FEBS Lett 584:2681-8. 2010..PKA and Csk by forming a supramolecular signaling complex consisting of PKA, Ezrin, Ezrin/radixin/moesin (ERM) binding protein of 50 kDa (EBP50), phosphoprotein associated with glycosphingolipid-enriched membrane microdomains ..
- Phylogenetic analysis of rRNA methyltransferases, Erm and KsgA, as related to antibiotic resistanceAe Kyung Park
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
FEMS Microbiol Lett 309:151-62. 2010It has long been speculated that erm and ksgA are related evolutionarily due to their sequence similarity and analogous catalytic reactions...
- Comparative susceptibility of Atlantic salmon and rainbow trout to Yersinia ruckeri: relationship to O antigen serotype and resistance to serum killingSarah J Haig
CEFAS Weymouth Laboratory, The Nothe, Barrack Road, Weymouth, Dorset DT4 8UB, UK
Vet Microbiol 147:155-61. 2011..Isolate 06041, a typical ERM-causing serotype O1 UK rainbow trout strain, caused mortalities in both rainbow trout and salmon...
- ERM stable knockdown by siRNA reduced in vitro migration and invasion of human SGC-7901 cellsMing Ou-Yang
School of Life Sciences, Fudan University, Handan Road 220, Shanghai 200433, China
Biochimie 93:954-61. 2011Three closely related proteins, ezrin, radixin, and moesin (ERM), which primarily act as a linker between the plasma membrane and the cytoskeleton, are involved in many cellular functions, including regulation of actin cytoskeleton, ..
- Ezrin-mediated apical integrity is required for intestinal homeostasisJessica B Casaletto
Massachusetts General Hospital Center for Cancer Research and Department of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:11924-9. 2011..The Ezrin, Radixin, and Moesin (ERM) proteins play a major role in organizing cortical domains by assembling membrane protein complexes and linking ..
- Significant, quantifiable differences exist between IgG subclass standards WHO67/97 and ERM-DA470k and can result in different interpretation of resultsCalum Wilson
Binding Site Group Limited, 8 Calthorpe Road, Birmingham B15 1QT, United Kingdom
Clin Biochem 46:1751-5. 2013..We expand on previous reports and present data from a multi-site analysis that both identifies and quantitatively defines the differences in calibration resulting from the use of different reference materials...
- PDLLA/PRGD/β-TCP conduits build the neurotrophin-rich microenvironment suppressing the oxidative stress and promoting the sciatic nerve regenerationTong Qiu
Biomedical Materials and Engineering Center, Wuhan University of Technology, Wuhan, 430070, People s Republic of China
J Biomed Mater Res A 102:3734-43. 2014..8 folds), tubulin (5.6 folds), and ERM components expressions were observed later (35 days)...
- Antagonistic Effects of BACE1 and APH1B-γ-Secretase Control Axonal Guidance by Regulating Growth Cone CollapseSoraia Barão
VIB Center for the Biology of Disease, VIB Leuven 3000, Belgium Center for Human Genetics, Universitaire ziekenhuizen and LIND, KU Leuven, Leuven 3000, Belgium
Cell Rep 12:1367-76. 2015..This fragment relays the Sema3A signal via ezrin-radixin-moesin (ERM) proteins to the neuronal cytoskeleton...
- Antimicrobial resistance and population structure of Staphylococcus aureus recovered from pigs farmsLaura E J Peeters
Department of Bacterial Diseases, Veterinary and Agrochemical Research Centre, Brussels, Groeselenbergstraat 99, B 1180 Ukkel, Belgium Department of Pathology, Bacteriology, and Avian Diseases, Ghent University, Salisburylaan 133, 9820 Merelbeke, Belgium
Vet Microbiol 180:151-6. 2015..isolates carried genes encoding resistance to tetracycline [tet(M)], macrolide-lincosamide-streptogramin group [erm(B), erm(C), lnu(A), vga(A)], aminoglycosides (aacA-aphD,aa dD, aphA3, sat) and/or phenicols (fexA)...
- Inhibitors of ADAMTS313 and Outcome of TTPHan Mou Tsai; Fiscal Year: 2004..The long -erm goals of this research include improvement of the survival outcome, prevention of relapse, easier therapeutic ..
- Mechanisms of macrolide resistance in mycobacteriaKevin A Nash; Fiscal Year: 2010..is conferred by 23S rRNA gene mutation, intrinsic resistance involves expression of adenine rRNA methylases, or erm genes...
- Mechanism of Induction of erm Genes By Ketolide AntibioticsNora Vazquez Laslop; Fiscal Year: 2010..of the major resistance mechanism found in pathogenic strains is modification of the drug-target, the ribosome, by Erm methyltransferase enzymes. The expression of many of the erm genes, including ermC, is inducible by macrolides...
- Role of the Listeria protein InlC and its host ligand Tuba in cell-cell spreadKEITH PATRICK IRETON; Fiscal Year: 2009..Importantly, InlC promotes activation (phosphorylation) of host ERM proteins, a family of cytoskeletal regulatory proteins known to participate in Listeria-induced protrusion ..
- Filippo G Giancotti; Fiscal Year: 2014..The Ezrin Radixin Moesin (ERM) protein Merlin, encoded by the tumor suppressor gene NF2, localizes at the plasma membrane and mediates contact ..
- Molecular Mechanism of cell-cell spread of Listeria in polarized epithelial cellsKEITH PATRICK IRETON; Fiscal Year: 2013..application, outlined below, are directed towards understanding how InlC, Tuba, and the ligands N-WASP, Cdc42, and ERM proteins control cell-cell spread. AIM 1...
- Regulation of B Cell Function by Membrane-Cytoskeletal RemodelingNeetu Gupta; Fiscal Year: 2012..We have previously reported that ezrin, a member of the ezrin-radixin-moesin (ERM) family regulates membrane-cytoskeletal uncoupling in response to B cell antigen receptor (BCR) stimulation...
- FRANKLIN D COSTANTINI; Fiscal Year: 2014..Lack of Adamts16 and/or 18 may cause reduced nephron number and hyper- tension. We test this by examining kidney development, nephron number and blood pressure in mutant mice. ..
- Regulation of glioblastoma migration by PTEN PDZ-binding domainAndrew M Chan; Fiscal Year: 2010..between the PI3-K signaling cascade involving PTEN, and a group of pro-metastatic proteins, Ezrin-Radixin-Moesin (ERM), in regulating the motile behavior of glioblastoma...
- MECHANISMS OF NERVE GROWTH CONE TURNING AND BRANCHINGPaul C Letourneau; Fiscal Year: 2013..The aims of this proposal are to investigate the roles and necessity of ADF/cofilin, the Arp2/3 complex, and ERM proteins in the regulation of growth cone behaviors...
- Erle S Robertson; Fiscal Year: 2016..nuclear antigen (LANA) is constitutively expressed in all latently infected KSHV cells and is involved in the long erm maintenance of the dsDNA KSHV genome as well as transcriptional regulation...
- Amnon Altman; Fiscal Year: 2015..analysis of proteins binding the phospho-ITAM motif of SLAT and co-immunoprecipitation experiments identified the ERM protein ezrin as a SLAT-interacting protein...
- Functional analysis of ERM proteins in epithelial morphogenesisAndrea I McClatchey; Fiscal Year: 2013..The Ezrin, Radixin, Moesin (ERM) proteins organize a key role in this process...
- Activation Defects in T Cells of Aged MiceRichard A Miller; Fiscal Year: 2011..the synapse to the DPC, and (b) that the cytoskeletal defect involves altered phosphorylation of proteins in the ERM family...
- Qun Lu; Fiscal Year: 2014..Specific aim 1 will investigate two potential molecular mechanisms (ERM protein activation and redistribution to actin to activate Fas receptor/CD95 and SRF-dependent gene transcription) ..
- Zhenyu Yue; Fiscal Year: 2015..kinase activity, and in mouse brain LRRK2 kinase is responsible for the phosphorylation of Erzin/Radixin/Moesin (ERM), an event that is associated with spine morphogenesis...
- KillerRed Assisted Mutagenesis to discover cancer drug resistance genesDaniel G Jay; Fiscal Year: 2013..There are several components to KRAM: first, enhanced retroviral mutagenesis (ERM) will be used to introduce a regulated promoter/guest exon fusion encoding the photosensitizer gene, KillerRed, ..
- Biochemistry of ETS Factors Involved in Prostate CancerKrista D Meyer; Fiscal Year: 2010..Both of these interfaces are important to understand from an ETS family perspective, but can also be exploited for rational drug design in the treatment of prostate cancer. ..
- NHERF-1 and PTH regulation of the renal transport of phosphate.Edward J Weinman; Fiscal Year: 2012..Regulatory Factor-1 (NHERF-1) is an adaptor protein containing two protein-interactive PDZ domains and a C-terminal ERM binding domain that localizes to the brush border membrane of renal proximal convoluted tubule cells and binds to ..
- Andrea I McClatchey; Fiscal Year: 2014..The neurofibromatosis type 2 (NF2) tumor suppressor, Merlin, and closely related ERM proteins (Ezrin, Radixin and Moesin), localize to the membrane-cytoskeleton interface and are poised to organize ..
- Jennifer D Black; Fiscal Year: 2016..open conformation thereby permitting its binding to a protein called EBP50 which is critical for the recruitment of ERM proteins that enable AKT signaling at the membrane...
- VERENA GOBEL; Fiscal Year: 2016..We have shown that erm-1, the ancestral ortholog of the putative membrane-cytoskeleton linking ezrin, radixin, moesin (ERM) family, is ..
- Cheng Yu Lee; Fiscal Year: 2014..We identified a novel transcription factor Earmuff (Erm), which restricts proliferation and suppresses de-differentiation of mature secondary neuroblasts...
- Regulation and function of cdk5 and ezrin in senescencePhilip W Hinds; Fiscal Year: 2010..We have further discovered that one substrate for cdk5 in senescent cells is the ERM protein ezrin...
- Chronic hypoxia and pH homeostasis in pulmonary myocytesLarissa A Shimoda; Fiscal Year: 2013..NHE1 co-localizes with and binds to ezrin, a member of the ERM (ezrin/radixin/moesin) family of proteins, which contain multiple binding domains and are important mediators of ..
- Molecuar Sub-typing of Prostate Cancer Based on Recurrent Gene FusionsArul M Chinnaiyan; Fiscal Year: 2013..This proposal is about using these "gene fusions" to identify prognostic categories to improve approaches to the treatment of prostate cancer patients. ..
- Regulation of Renal Phosphate Transport by LipidsMoshe Levi; Fiscal Year: 2013..and clustering of the NaPi transporters in the brush border membrane;2) differential interactions with PDZ and ERM domain containing proteins, including NHERF-1, PDZK-1, and ezrin;3) differential rates of recruitment to endocytic ..
- James M Swanson; Fiscal Year: 2016..in dose is typically needed to maintain full effect, and there is a little support in the literature for long-erm benefit even when medication is consistently taken over a decade...
- Daniel L Altschuler; Fiscal Year: 2016..Using thyroid cells we identified a new sub-membrane compartment, where the ERM protein radixin scaffolds both cAMP effectors Epac and PKA into a ternary complex...
- NF2 BINDING PROTEINSStefan Pulst; Fiscal Year: 2000..Other than its function as a recessive tumor suppressor based on genetic analyses and sequence homology to ERM proteins, little is known about the function of the NF2 gene product, called merlin or schwannomin...
- The Role of Merlin Phosphorylation on its Tumor Suppressive ActivityKeqiang Ye; Fiscal Year: 2010..1 family (ERM proteins) of cytoskeleton-associated proteins that link cell surface glycoproteins to the actin cytoskeleton...
- The NF2 gene: elucidation of tumor suppressor functionJOSEPH KISSIL; Fiscal Year: 2004..The NF2 gene codes for a protein highly related to the ERM proteins moesin, ezrin and radixin and was thus termed merlin...
- Mechanisms of Axon Outgrowth and TargetingDeanna L Benson; Fiscal Year: 2010..we have found that the cell adhesion molecule L1 can bind directly to ezrin, radixin and moesin, members of the ERM family of molecules that link transmembrane proteins to the actin cytoskeleton...
- PHAGOCYTOSIS IN PULMONARY ALVEOLAR MACROPHAGESRaphael Clynes; Fiscal Year: 2009..Among these proteins are moesin, a member of the ERM family of actin-binding proteins and Abpl, an adaptor for F-actin, and dynamin...
- NEUROFIBROMATOSIS 2 TUMOR SUPPRESSOR GENE HOMOLOG INVERENA GOBEL; Fiscal Year: 2001..NF2 is structurally related to the ezrin-radixin-moesin (ERM) family of cell junctional cytoskeletal membrane-linker proteins...
- ATP in Lung Endothelial Barrier EnhancementAlexander Verin; Fiscal Year: 2009..increase in TER and lead to phosphorylation of several cytoskeletal targets includingMLC, ezrin/radixin/moezin (ERM) and caldesmon suggesting that dephosphorylation of these proteins may be involved in the barrier-enhancing effect ..
- Genetic Interactions at the Cortical Striatal BorderLaura A Cocas; Fiscal Year: 2010..We hypothesize that the Ets family transcription factors (Er81 and Erm) and the secreted molecules Tgfa and Fgf7 are genetic downstream targets of the Gsh2/Pax6 patterning events that ..
- Pea3 and Erm Function during Ureteric Bud Branching MorphogenesisQUENTIN MACHINGO; Fiscal Year: 2007..Furthermore, GDNF was found to regulate the expression of two transcription factors, Pea3 and Erm. Both Pea3 and Erm have been identified as critical for proper UB branching morphogenesis, yet the specific ..
- The Role of ERM Proteins in Axonal DevelopmentCYRUS MINTZ; Fiscal Year: 2005Ezrin, radixin, and moesin, collectively known as the ERM proteins, serve as linkers between the membrane associated molecules and the underlying cytoskeleton...
- MINORITY PREDOCTORAL FELLOWSHIP PROGRAMJames Lopez; Fiscal Year: 2009..dynamic translocation of channels and other signaling molecules in glucose stimulated insulin secretion, such as ERM proteins...
- SCAFFOLDING COMPLEXES AND ION TRANSPORT IN AIRWAYSharon Milgram; Fiscal Year: 2004..SFK Yes is compartmentalized at the apical membrane by indirect interaction with the subapical scaffolding protein ERM phosphoprotein 50 (EBP50) that also associates with Cystic Fibrosis transmembrane regulator (CFTR) and ENaC...
- ANALYSIS OF THE HDLG-DEPENDENT PROTEIN COMPLEXDaniel Branton; Fiscal Year: 2001..1/ERM proteins and the role of this interaction in targeting to the membrane; (2) quantifying and refining the ..
- The Role of Connexin32 in the Pathogenesis of CMTXSteven Scherer; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Axonal alterations in demyelinating diseasesSTEVEN SIMON SCHERER; Fiscal Year: 2011..Aim #3: What Na,K-ATPase isoforms are expressed by myelinated axons and demyelinated axons? we will localize alpha1-3 by immunoelectron microscopy in CMSand PNS myelinated axons, along with their beta subunits. ..
- ANTIBIOTIC INHIBITION OF BACTERIAL RIBOSOME FORMATIONWILLIAM CHAMPNEY; Fiscal Year: 2002..The findings from this work will help in assessing the effectiveness of existing antibiotics and in developing new compounds as antimicrobial agents. ..
- Detection and Recogniton of Objects in Visual CortexTomaso Poggio; Fiscal Year: 2006..Ultimately, the whole process should lead to a better and more coherent understanding of the neural mechanisms of visual recognition. ..
- Neurofibromatosis Foundation International ConsortiumDavid Gutmann; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Functions of the Epithelial Septate JunctionRichard Fehon; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Vitamin D Hormone: Function and Mechanism of ActionSYLVIA S CHRISTAKOS; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- SIGNAL TRANSDUCTION IN VERTEBRATE EMBRYOGENESISFRANKLIN COSTANTINI; Fiscal Year: 2001..Finally, new types of mutants and transgenic mice will be generated to study the role of Fused in mouse embryogenesis. ..
- Consortium/Molecular and Cell Biology of NF1 and NF2Richard Fehon; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- PROTEIN 4.1 TUMOR SUPPRESSORS IN MENINGIOMA PATHOGENESISDavid Gutmann; Fiscal Year: 2003..and (3) analyzing the ability of DAL-1 to impair cell growth and motility. These studies are collectively designed to define the role of this novel family of growth regulators in meningioma tumorigenesis and progression. ..
- Identification and Preclinical Evaluation of New Brain Tumor TherapiesDavid Gutmann; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- 2008 Bioanalytical Sensors Gordon Research ConferenceChris Taitt; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ERM and Rho Signal Pathways in T Cell Immune SenescenceGONZALO GARCIA; Fiscal Year: 2008unreadable] DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Cytoskeletal proteins of the ezrin/radixin/moesin family (ERM proteins) contribute to T cell activation in responses to antigen, and also to T cell polarization in response to connective ..
- The Role of Actomyosin in Response to Injury and MyelinGianluca Gallo; Fiscal Year: 2004..Collectively, these studies will determine whether the actomyosin system is a viable target for the development of therapies aimed at the inhibition of nerve fiber retraction in injured nervous tissue. ..
- Connecting PTEN and NF2 cancer predisposition syndromesMaria Magdalena Georgescu; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Mechanisms of filopodia initiation and actin transportGianluca Gallo; Fiscal Year: 2009..We present studies aimed at determining the role of extra-cellular signals, signaling pathways, and microtubules in regulating the earliest events in filopodial initiation. ..
- NEUROFIBROMIN AS A NEGATIVE REGULATOR FOR ASTROCYTESDavid Gutmann; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- FUNCTIONAL ANALYSIS OF NF2 GENE MUTATIONSDavid Gutmann; Fiscal Year: 2003..Our ability to design rational therapies for schwannomas and meningiomas is dependent on an improved understanding of the mechanisms by which loss of merlin expression and function promotes tumor formation. ..
- Organ lumen morphogenesis in C. elegansVERENA GOBEL; Fiscal Year: 2004..We have recently identified the first effector molecule essential for tube and lumen morphogenesis. erm-1, the C...
- NOVEL CELLULAR MECHANISMS IN CORTEX DEVELOPMENTPaul Worley; Fiscal Year: 2004..Planned activities make full use of the outstanding opportunities for collaboration and career development at Johns Hopkins School of Medicine. ..
- Paul F Worley; Fiscal Year: 2016..Studies of mGluR-TRPC channel function may also provide insight into the elusive role of intracellular Ca stores in neuronal synaptic physiology. ..
- REGULATION OF SMC/RMUC4 TRANSCRIPTION BY CELL SIGNALINGAymee Perez; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Molecular Determinants of Neural Stem Cell FunctionDavid Gutmann; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- PRECLINICAL MODELS FOR HUMAN ASTROCYTOMASDavid Gutmann; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Genetic Influence on Personality DisorderJeanette Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- CHARACTERIZATION OF TSC PROTEIN HAMARTIN AND TUBERINVijaya Ramesh; Fiscal Year: 2005..The information obtained here will elucidate the physiological functions of these tumor suppressors, which will aid in designing better therapies. ..
- 2006 Environmental Endocrine Disruptors Gordon ConferenceRex Hess; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- SIGNAL TRANSDUCTION IN VERTEBRATE EMBRYOGENESISFRANKLIN COSTANTINI; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- 2006 NF Consortium for NF1, NF2 and SchwannomatosisVijaya Ramesh; Fiscal Year: 2006..This will promote to the research community at large the status of NF research, the link with other cancers and neurological disorders and the key barriers to be addressed. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Cytokine regulation of glial reactivityGareth John; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..