Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ERCC2
Description: ERCC excision repair 2, TFIIH core complex helicase subunit
Alias: COFS2, EM9, TFIIH, TTD, TTD1, XPD, TFIIH basal transcription factor complex helicase XPD subunit, BTF2 p80, CXPD, DNA excision repair protein ERCC-2, DNA repair protein complementing XP-D cells, TFIIH 80 kDa subunit, TFIIH basal transcription factor complex 80 kDa subunit, TFIIH basal transcription factor complex helicase XPB subunit, TFIIH basal transcription factor complex helicase subunit, TFIIH p80, basic transcription factor 2 80 kDa subunit, excision repair cross-complementation group 2, excision repair cross-complementing rodent repair deficiency, complementation group 2, xeroderma pigmentosum complementary group D, xeroderma pigmentosum group D-complementing protein
Publications308 found, 100 shown here
- Polymorphisms of DNA repair genes and risk of non-small cell lung cancerShanbeh Zienolddiny
Department of Toxicology, National Institute of Occupational Health, Oslo, Norway
Carcinogenesis 27:560-7. 2006..polymorphisms (SNPs) in 20 DNA repair genes including nucleotide excision repair (NER) genes XPA, ERCC1, ERCC2/XPD, ERCC4/XPF and ERCC5/XPG; base excision repair (BER) genes APE1/APEX, OGG1, MPG, XRCC1, PCNA, POLB, POLiota, ..
- DNA repair polymorphisms and cancer risk in non-smokers in a cohort studyG Matullo
ISI Foundation and Department of Genetics, Biology and Biochemistry, University of Turin, Turin, Italy
Carcinogenesis 27:997-1007. 2006..47, 95% CI = 1.02-6.02) in the leukaemia group. Our results also suggest that the XPD/ERCC1-GAT haplotype may modulate leukaemia (OR = 1.28, 95% CI = 1.02-1.61), bladder cancer (OR = 1.38, 95% CI = 1...
- Polymorphisms in base-excision repair and nucleotide-excision repair genes in relation to lung cancer riskKim De Ruyck
Department of Anatomy, Embryology, Histology and Medical Physics, Ghent University, Proeftuinstraat 86, B 9000 Gent, Belgium
Mutat Res 631:101-10. 2007..XRCC1 -77 T/C, Arg194Trp, Arg280His and Arg399Gln; APE1 Asp148Glu; OGG1 Ser326Cys; XPA -4 G/A; XPC PAT; XPD Asp312Asn and Lys751Gln) with lung cancer risk in Caucasians...
- Polymorphisms in DNA repair and metabolic genes in bladder cancerSomali Sanyal
Department of Biosciences at Novum, Karolinska Institute, S 14157 Huddinge, Sweden
Carcinogenesis 25:729-34. 2004..bladder cancer with genetic polymorphisms in the xeroderma pigmentosum complementation group C (XPC), group D (XPD) and group G (XPG), X-ray repair cross-complementing group 1 (XRCC1) and group 3 (XRCC3), Nijmegen breakage ..
- Association between polymorphisms in the DNA repair genes, XRCC1, APE1, and XPD and acute side effects of radiotherapy in breast cancer patientsJenny Chang-Claude
Division of Clinical Epidemiology and Toxicology, German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg, Germany
Clin Cancer Res 11:4802-9. 2005..We evaluated the association of six polymorphisms in the DNA repair genes: XRCC1 (Arg194Trp, Arg280His, and Arg399Gln), APE1 (Asp148Glu), and XPD (Lys751Gln and Asp312Asn), with the risk of acute skin reactions following radiotherapy.
- Association of XPD polymorphisms with severe toxicity in non-small cell lung cancer patients in a Chinese populationWenting Wu
State Key Laboratory of Genetic Engineering and Key Laboratory of Contemporary Anthropology, School of Life Sciences, Fudan University, China
Clin Cancer Res 15:3889-95. 2009Platinum agents cause DNA cross-linking and adducts. Xeroderma pigmentosum group D (XPD) plays a key role in the nucleotide excision repair pathway of DNA repair...
- Lack of influence of XRCC1 and XPD gene polymorphisms on outcome of platinum-based chemotherapy for advanced non small cell lung cancersCheng Yun Yao
Department of Chemotherapy, Jiangsu Cancer Hospital and Research Institute, Nanjing, China
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 10:859-64. 2009..This study was conducted to assess relationships between X-ray repair cross complementing group1 (XRCC1) and xeroderma pigmentosum group D (XPD) genetic polymorphisms and outcome in NSCLC patients.
- Polymorphisms in the DNA nucleotide excision repair genes and lung cancer risk in Xuan Wei, ChinaMin Shen
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 7240, USA
Int J Cancer 116:768-73. 2005..We studied single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) and their corresponding haplotypes in 6 genes (ERCC1, ERCC2/XPD, ERCC4/XPF, ERCC5/XPG, RAD23B and XPC) involved in NER in a population-based case-control study of lung cancer ..
- Association of single nucleotide polymorphisms in ATM, GSTP1, SOD2, TGFB1, XPD and XRCC1 with clinical and cellular radiosensitivityOliver Zschenker
Hubertus Wald Tumorzentrum, University Cancer Center Hamburg, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Radiother Oncol 97:26-32. 2010To examine the association of polymorphisms in ATM (codon 158), GSTP1 (codon 105), SOD2 (codon 16), TGFB1 (position -509), XPD (codon 751), and XRCC1 (codon 399) with fibrosis and also individual radiosensitivity.
- Single nucleotide polymorphisms of DNA repair genes XRCC1 and XPD and its molecular mapping in Indian oral cancerSurya Ramachandran
Department of Molecular Medicine, Regional Cancer Centre, Thiruvananthapuram 695 011, India
Oral Oncol 42:350-62. 2006..The distribution of single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in DNA repair genes XRCC1 and XPD in 110 oral carcinoma cases, 84 leukoplakia and 110 controls belonging to the Travancore South Indian population ..
- A 3' --> 5' XPB helicase defect in repair/transcription factor TFIIH of xeroderma pigmentosum group B affects both DNA repair and transcriptionJ R Hwang
Institut de Genetique et de Biologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, CNRS INSERM, 1 rue Laurent Fries, B P 163, 67404 Illkirch Cedex, C U de Strasbourg, France
J Biol Chem 271:15898-904. 1996XPB is a subunit of the basal transcription factor TFIIH, which is also involved in nucleotide excision repair (NER) and potentially in cell cycle regulation...
- Effect of DNA repair gene polymorphisms on BPDE-DNA adducts in human lymphocytesRoberta Pastorelli
Laboratory of Molecular Toxicology, Department of Environmental Health Sciences, Istituto di Ricerche Farmacologiche Mario Negri, Milan, Italy
Int J Cancer 100:9-13. 2002..in DNA repair genes are related to host DNA damage, we investigated the association between polymorphism in the XPD gene (codon 199, 312, 751) and the XRCC1 gene (codon 194, 399) and the presence of benzo(a)pyrene diolepoxide ..
- DNA repair gene ERCC1 and ERCC2/XPD polymorphisms and risk of squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neckErich M Sturgis
Department of Head and Neck Surgery, Box 441, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX 77030 4009, USA
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 128:1084-8. 2002To determine the effect of the ERCC1 C8092A polymorphism and the ERCC2/XPD G23591A polymorphism on the risk of squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck (SCCHN).
- Polymorphisms in DNA repair genes modulate survival in cisplatin/gemcitabine-treated non-small-cell lung cancer patientsR de Las Peñas
Hospital Provincial de Castellón, Castellon, Spain
Ann Oncol 17:668-75. 2006..polymorphisms in X-ray repair cross-complementing group 1 and group 3 (XRCC3), xeroderma pigmentosum group D (XPD), excision repair cross-complementing group 1, ligase IV, ribonucleotide reductase, TP53, cyclooxygenase-2, ..
- PAH-DNA adducts in environmentally exposed population in relation to metabolic and DNA repair gene polymorphismsBlanka Binkova
Laboratory of Genetic Ecotoxicology, Institute of Experimental Medicine AS CR and Health Institute of Central Bohemia, Videnska 1083, 14220 Prague, Czech Republic
Mutat Res 620:49-61. 2007..Polymorphisms of metabolizing (GSTM1, GSTP1, GSTT1, EPHX1, CYP1A1-MspI) and DNA repair (XRCC1, XPD) genes were determined by PCR-based RFLP assays...
- Genetic polymorphisms in DNA repair and damage response genes and late normal tissue complications of radiotherapy for breast cancerJ Chang-Claude
Division of Cancer Epidemiology, German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg, Germany
Br J Cancer 100:1680-6. 2009..Polymorphisms in genes involved in DNA repair (APEX1, XRCC1, XRCC2, XRCC3, XPD) and damage response (TP53, P21) were determined...
- DNA repair gene ERCC2 polymorphisms and risk of squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neckMarkus Gugatschka
ENT University Hospital Graz, Medical University Graz, Austria
Exp Mol Pathol 91:331-4. 2011..Aim of the following study was to analyze the genetic association of single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNP) of the DNA repair genes with the risk of squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck (HNSCC)...
- Japanese-US common-arm analysis of paclitaxel plus carboplatin in advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: a model for assessing population-related pharmacogenomicsDavid R Gandara
University of California Davis Cancer Center, 4501 X St, Suite 3017, Sacramento, CA 95817 2229, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:3540-6. 2009..Genotypic variants of CYP3A4, CYP3A5, CYP2C8, NR1I2-206, ABCB1, ERCC1, and ERCC2 were analyzed by pyrosequencing or by PCR restriction fragment length polymorphism...
- Polymorphisms of DNA repair genes XRCC1 and XPD and risk of primary open angle glaucoma (POAG)Mehmet Guven
Department of Medical Biology, Cerrahpasa Faculty of Medicine, University of Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey
Mol Vis 13:12-7. 2007..the frequency of polymorphisms in two DNA repair enzyme genes, Xeroderma pigmentosum complementation group D (XPD) codon 751 and X-ray cross-complementing group 1 (XRCC1) codon 399, in a sample of Turkish patients with POAG, and ..
- Polymorphisms of DNA repair genes XPD and XRCC1 and risk of cataract developmentMustafa Unal
Department of Ophthalmology, Akdeniz University Medical Faculty, Antalya, Turkey
Exp Eye Res 85:328-34. 2007..the frequency of polymorphisms in two DNA repair enzyme genes, xeroderma pigmentosum complementation group D (XPD) codon 751 and X-ray cross-complementing group 1 (XRCC1) codon 399, in a sample of Turkish patients with maturity ..
- Influence of XPD and APE1 DNA repair gene polymorphism on bladder cancer susceptibility in north IndiaRuchika Gangwar
Department of Urology and Renal Transplantation, Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India
Urology 73:675-80. 2009To explore the association between xerodema pigmentosum group D (XPD) Asp(312)Asn and Lys(751)Gln and apurinic apyrimidic endonuclease 1 (APE1) Asp(148)Glu gene polymorphism and risk of bladder cancer (BC) susceptibility.
- DNA damage recognition during nucleotide excision repair in mammalian cellsR D Wood
Imperial Cancer Research Fund, Clare Hall Laboratories, South Mimms, Herts, UK
Biochimie 81:39-44. 1999..during nucleotide excision repair (NER) are the XPA protein, the heterotrimeric RPA protein, the 6 to 9-subunit TFIIH, the XPC-hHR23B complex, the XPG nuclease, and the ERCC1-XPF nuclease...
- Association of the DNA repair gene XPD Asp312Asn polymorphism with p53 gene mutations in tobacco-related non-small cell lung cancerWei Min Gao
Department of Environmental and Occupational Health, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15260, USA
Carcinogenesis 24:1671-6. 2003..between the polymorphisms of two DNA repair genes, the nucleotide excision repair xeroderma pigmentosum group D (XPD) gene (codons 312 and 751) and the base excision repair X-ray repair cross-complementing group 1 (XRCC1) gene (..
- Polymorphisms in DNA repair genes, chromosome aberrations, and lung cancerCarsten Harms
Center of Environmental Research and Technology, Laboratory of Bioanalytic, UFT, University of Bremen, Bremen, Germany
Environ Mol Mutagen 44:74-82. 2004..associations between any single variant genotype for several DNA-repair and chemical-metabolizing genes (XPD [or ERCC2], XRCC1, XRCC3, GSTM1, GSTT1, MPO, and mEH [or EPHX1]) and lung cancer...
- Association of XPD polymorphisms with prostate cancer in Taiwanese patientsDa Tian Bau
Department of Medical Research, China Medical University Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan, ROC
Anticancer Res 27:2893-6. 2007The DNA repair gene XPD, an important caretaker of the overall genome stability, is thought to play a major role in the development of human malignancy...
- XPD Polymorphisms and Risk of Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Head and Neck in a Korean SampleYong Bae Ji
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Hanyang University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Clin Exp Otorhinolaryngol 3:42-7. 2010b>XPD is a major player in nucleotide excision repair, which is one of the basic pathways of DNA repair...
- Correction of xeroderma pigmentosum complementation group D mutant cell phenotypes by chromosome and gene transfer: involvement of the human ERCC2 DNA repair geneW L Flejter
Division of Human Genetics, University of Maryland, Baltimore 21201
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 89:261-5. 1992..a rearranged structure involving human chromosomes 16 and 19, including the excision repair cross-complementing 2 (ERCC2) gene from the previously described human DNA repair gene cluster at 19q13.2-q13.3...
- Polymorphism in the nuclear excision repair gene ERCC2/XPD: association between an exon 6-exon 10 haplotype and susceptibility to cutaneous basal cell carcinomaTracy Lovatt
Human Genomics Research Group, Institute for Science and Technology in Medicine, Keele University School of Medicine, University Hospital of North Staffordshire, Staffordshire, England, United Kingdom
Hum Mutat 25:353-9. 2005..2251A > C, dbSNP13181:g.A > C; designated A/C751) of the nucleotide excision repair gene, XPD (ERCC2; excision repair cross-complementing repair deficiency, complementation 2 [xeroderma pigmentosum D])...
- Selected DNA repair polymorphisms and gastric cancer in PolandWen Yi Huang
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Carcinogenesis 26:1354-9. 2005..among the controls were consistent with those previously reported for the 5 polymorphisms studied: XRCC1-Arg399Gln, XPD-Lys751Gln, MGMT-Ile143Val, Leu84Phe, and XRCC3-Thr241Met...
- The XPD 751Gln allele is associated with an increased risk for esophageal adenocarcinoma: a population-based case-control study in SwedenWeimin Ye
Department of Medical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, SE 171 77, Sweden
Carcinogenesis 27:1835-41. 2006..a nationwide population-based case-control study, we examined associations of polymorphisms in the DNA repair genes XPD, XPC, XRCC1 and XRCC3 with risk of esophageal adenocarcinoma, squamous-cell carcinoma (SCC) and gastric cardia ..
- Polymorphism in the ERCC2 codon 751 is associated with arsenic-induced premalignant hyperkeratosis and significant chromosome aberrationsMayukh Banerjee
Molecular and Human Genetics Division, Indian Institute of Chemical Biology, Kolkata, India
Carcinogenesis 28:672-6. 2007..Arsenic exposure often leads to the development of hyperkeratosis, the precursor of arsenic-induced skin cancer. ERCC2 (excision repair cross-complementing rodent repair deficiency, complementation group 2) is a nucleotide excision ..
- Genetic polymorphisms in XRCC1 associated with radiation therapy in prostate cancerRui Gao
Molecular Pharmacology Section, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
Cancer Biol Ther 10:13-8. 2010..152 healthy individuals were genotyped for five polymorphisms in DNA excision repair genes:ERCC1 N118N (500C>T), XPD K751Q (2282A>C), XRCC1 R194W (685C>T), XRCC1 R399Q (1301G>A) and PARP1 V762A(2446T>C)...
- Association of ERCC2/XPD polymorphisms and interaction with tobacco smoking in lung cancer susceptibility: a systemic review and meta-analysisZhen Feng
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Provincial Hospital affiliated to Shandong University, 324 Jingwu Road, Jinan, 250021, People s Republic of China
Mol Biol Rep 39:57-69. 2012..Overall, significantly elevated lung cancer risk was associated with ERCC2 312Asn allele(homozygous model: OR=1.20[1.05-1.36], P=0.006; recessive model: OR=1.20[1.06-1.35], P=0...
- XPD Lys751Gln polymorphism and esophageal cancer susceptibility: a meta-analysis of case-control studiesDa peng Ding
Institute of Genetic Engineering, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou, China
Mol Biol Rep 39:2533-40. 2012The published data on the association between xeroderma pigmentosum group D (XPD) Lys751Gln polymorphism and esophageal cancer (EC) remained controversial...
- Genetic variation in XPD predicts treatment outcome and risk of acute myeloid leukemia following chemotherapyJames M Allan
Epidemiology and Genetics Unit, Department of Biology, University of York, York, United Kingdom, YO10 5YW
Blood 104:3872-7. 2004The xeroderma pigmentosum group D (XPD) gene encodes a DNA helicase that functions in nucleotide excision repair of chemotherapy-induced DNA damage, the efficiency of which is predicted to be affected by a lysine to glutamine variant at ..
- ERCC1 and ERCC2 polymorphisms and risk of idiopathic azoospermia in a Chinese populationGuixiang Ji
Key Laboratory of Reproductive Medicine, Institute of Toxicology, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing 210029, China
Reprod Biomed Online 17:36-41. 2008The ERCC1 (excision repair cross complementation group 1) and ERCC2 (excision repair cross complementation group 2) genes are important in repairing DNA damage and genomic instability in germ cells, and are essential for normal ..
- Structural basis of transcription: an RNA polymerase II elongation complex at 3.3 A resolutionA L Gnatt
Department of Structural Biology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305 5126, USA
Science 292:1876-82. 2001..Protein-nucleic acid contacts help explain DNA and RNA strand separation, the specificity of RNA synthesis, "abortive cycling" during transcription initiation, and RNA and DNA translocation during transcription elongation...
- XPD and XRCC1 genetic polymorphisms are prognostic factors in advanced non-small-cell lung cancer patients treated with platinum chemotherapySarada Gurubhagavatula
Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA USA
J Clin Oncol 22:2594-601. 2004..Genetic polymorphisms of DNA repair genes are associated with differential DNA repair activity and may explain interindividual differences in overall survival after therapy with platinum agents for non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC)...
- XPD Lys(751)Gln and Asp (312)Asn polymorphisms and bladder cancer risk: a meta-analysisChunxiang Li
Laboratory of Medical Genetics, Harbin Medical University, Harbin, China
Mol Biol Rep 37:301-9. 2010Studies on the polymorphisms of Xeroderma Pigmentosum Group D (XPD) have shown inconclusive trends in the risk of bladder cancer...
- Nucleotide excision repair gene polymorphisms and recurrence after treatment for superficial bladder cancerJian Gu
Department of Epidemiology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Clin Cancer Res 11:1408-15. 2005..Polymorphisms in NER genes may influence DNA repair capacity and affect clinical outcome of bladder cancer treatment...
- Selected genetic polymorphisms in MGMT, XRCC1, XPD, and XRCC3 and risk of head and neck cancer: a pooled analysisWen Yi Huang
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, EPS 8113, MSC 7240, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 14:1747-53. 2005..single-nucleotide polymorphisms in four DNA repair genes: MGMT (Leu84Phe and Ile143Val), XRCC1 (Arg399Gln), XPD (Lys751Gln), and XRCC3 (Thr241Met). All single-nucleotide polymorphisms were assayed in a single laboratory...
- Dual role of TFIIH in DNA excision repair and in transcription by RNA polymerase IIR Drapkin
Department of Biochemistry, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Piscataway 08854 5635
Nature 368:769-72. 1994..TFIIH is shown to complement three different cell extracts deficient in excision repair: XPB/ERCC3, XPC and XPD/ERCC2. The complementation of XPB and XPD is a consequence of ERCC3 and ERCC2 being integral subunits of TFIIH, whereas ..
- Human xeroderma pigmentosum group D gene encodes a DNA helicaseP Sung
Department of Biology, University of Rochester, New York 14627
Nature 365:852-5. 1993..The XPD gene was initially named ERCC2 (excision repair cross complementing) as it was cloned using human DNA to complement the ultraviolet sensitivity ..
- Isolation and characterization of two human transcription factor IIH (TFIIH)-related complexes: ERCC2/CAK and TFIIHJ T Reardon
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill 27599, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 93:6482-7. 1996..Here we report the isolation of two TFIIH-related complexes: TFIIH* and ERCC2/CAK...
- Human cyclin-dependent kinase-activating kinase exists in three distinct complexesR Drapkin
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Piscataway, 088854 5635, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 93:6488-93. 1996..and characterization of three distinct CAK-containing complexes from HeLa nuclear extracts: CAK, a novel CAK-ERCC2 complex, and TFIIH...
- Xeroderma pigmentosum and trichothiodystrophy are associated with different mutations in the XPD (ERCC2) repair/transcription geneE M Taylor
Medical Research Council Cell Mutation Unit, Sussex University, Falmer, Brighton BN1 9RR, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94:8658-63. 1997..Mutations in the XPD gene can result in three distinct clinical phenotypes, XP, trichothiodystrophy (TTD), and XP with Cockayne syndrome...
- XPD/ERCC2 polymorphisms and risk of head and neck cancer: a case-control analysisE M Sturgis
Department of Head and Neck Surgery, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Carcinogenesis 21:2219-23. 2000..Variants of several DNA repair genes,including the nucleotide excision repair gene XPD, have been described recently...
- Trichothiodystrophy, a transcription syndromeE Bergmann
Institut de Genetique et de Biologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, CNRS INSERM ULP, BP 163, 67404 Illkirch Cedex, C U de Strasbourg, France
Trends Genet 17:279-86. 2001..These genes encode the helicase subunits of TFIIH, a DNA repair factor that is also required for transcription of class II genes...
- A Xeroderma pigmentosum group D gene polymorphism predicts clinical outcome to platinum-based chemotherapy in patients with advanced colorectal cancerD J Park
Los Angeles County University of Southern California Medical Center, Department of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90033, USA
Cancer Res 61:8654-8. 2001The Xeroderma pigmentosum group D (XPD) protein is an essential participant in nucleotide excision repair and basal transcription...
- Polymorphisms of DNA repair genes XRCC1 and XPD and their associations with risk of esophageal squamous cell carcinoma in a Chinese populationDeyin Xing
Department of Etiology and Carcinogenesis, Cancer Institute, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing, China
Int J Cancer 100:600-5. 2002..the associations between genetic polymorphisms in the DNA repair genes XRCC1 (Arg194Trp and Arg399Gln) and XPD (Asp312Asn and Lys751Gln) and risk of ESCC in an at-risk Chinese population...
- A multivariate analysis of genomic polymorphisms: prediction of clinical outcome to 5-FU/oxaliplatin combination chemotherapy in refractory colorectal cancerJ Stoehlmacher
Department of Hematology and Oncology, University of Hamburg, University Hospital, Hamburg 20247, Germany
Br J Cancer 91:344-54. 2004..Functional polymorphisms in DNA-repair genes XPD, ERCC1, XRCC1, XPA, and metabolising genes glutathione S-transferase GSTP1, GSTT1, GSTM1, and thymidylate synthase (..
- XPD polymorphism and risk of subsequent cancer in individuals with nonmelanoma skin cancerAbenaa M Brewster
Department of Clinical Cancer Prevention, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 13:1271-5. 2004..To test this hypothesis, a cohort study was conducted to examine the association between XPD Lys751Gln polymorphism and risk of a second primary cancer in individuals with NMSC.
- Polymorphisms in the DNA repair gene XPD and susceptibility to esophageal squamous cell carcinomaHong Ping Yu
Institute of Environmental Medicine, Tongji Medical College of Huazhong University of Science and Technology, 13 Hangkong Road, Wuhan 430030, China
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 154:10-5. 2004Polymorphisms of the nucleotide excision repair gene XPD are candidates for influencing cancer susceptibility...
- ERCC2 genotypes and a corresponding haplotype are linked with breast cancer risk in a German populationChristina Justenhoven
Dr Margarete Fischer Bosch Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, D 70376 Stuttgart, Germany
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 13:2059-64. 2004..The nucleotide excision repair enzyme encoded by the excision repair cross-complementing group 2 gene ERCC2 (formerly XPD) known to cause skin cancer by germ line mutations has multiple regulatory cellular functions, ..
- Polymorphisms of the XRCC1, XRCC3, & XPD genes, and colorectal cancer risk: a case-control study in TaiwanChih Ching Yeh
Institute of Environmental Health, National Taiwan University College of Public Health, Taipei 100, Taiwan
BMC Cancer 5:12. 2005..This study was designed to examine the polymorphisms associated with three DNA repair genes, namely: XRCC1 Arg399Gln, XRCC3 Thr241Met and XPD Lys751Gln, and investigate their role as susceptibility markers for colorectal cancer.
- Polymorphisms in XPD exons 10 and 23 and bladder cancer riskMatthew B Schabath
Department of Epidemiology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Unit 189, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 14:878-84. 2005The nucleotide excision repair gene, xeroderma pigmentosum complementation group D (XPD), has been hypothesized to have a role in cancer risk, but results from prior molecular epidemiologic studies and genotype-phenotype analyses are ..
- Basal cell carcinoma and variants in genes coding for immune response, DNA repair, folate and iron metabolismFabiola Festa
Department of Biosciences at Novum, Karolinska Institute, 141 57 Huddinge, Sweden
Mutat Res 574:105-11. 2005..634G/C, and -597G/A; IL-10-1082G/A and -592C/A; IL-1beta-511C/T; NBS1 exon 5 Glu185Gln; XPC exon 15 Lys939Gln; XPD exon 23 Lys751Gln; XRCC1 exon 10 Arg399Gln; XRCC3 exon 7 Thr241Met; cyclin D1 exon 4 G870A; MTHFR exon 4 Ala222Val ..
- XRCC1 and XPD genetic polymorphisms, smoking and breast cancer risk in a Finnish case-control studyKatja Metsola
Department of Industrial Hygiene and Toxicology, Finnish Institute of Occupational Health, Helsinki, Finland
Breast Cancer Res 7:R987-97. 2005..In this study, we evaluated if polymorphisms in DNA repair genes XRCC1 (Arg280His, Arg399Gln) and XPD (Lys751Gln) modify individual breast cancer risk, with emphasis on tobacco smoking.
- DNA repair gene polymorphisms and probability of p53 mutation in bladder cancerMariana C Stern
Department of Preventive Medicine, University of Southern California, Keck School of Medicine, Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, Los Angeles, USA
Mol Carcinog 45:715-9. 2006We investigated if the presence of single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in the XRCC1, XRCC3, and XPD genes were associated with the type and frequency of p53 mutations in bladder cancer...
- Polymorphisms in the two helicases ERCC2/XPD and ERCC3/XPB of the transcription factor IIH complex and risk of lung cancer: a case-control analysis in a Chinese populationZhibin Hu
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Cancer Research Center of Nanjing Medical University, China
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 15:1336-40. 2006The transcription factor IIH (TFIIH) helicases ERCC2/XPD and ERCC3/XPB are responsible for opening the DNA strand around the lesion site during nucleotide excision repair process...
- XRCC1 and XPD polymorphisms and esophageal adenocarcinoma riskGeoffrey Liu
Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Carcinogenesis 28:1254-8. 2007..We studied the role of genetic polymorphisms of two key DNA repair genes, xeroderma pigmentosum group D (XPD) (Asp312Asn and Lys751Gln) in the nucleotide excision repair (NER) pathway and X-ray repair cross-complementing ..
- Genetic polymorphisms in the nucleotide excision repair pathway and lung cancer risk: a meta-analysisChikako Kiyohara
Department of Preventive Medicine, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, 3 1 1 Maidashi, Higashi ku, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Int J Med Sci 4:59-71. 2007..genes, focusing on xeroderma pigmentosum group A (XPA), excision repair cross complementing group 1 (ERCC1), ERCC2/XPD, ERCC4/XPF and ERCC5/XPG...
- Prospective assessment of XPD Lys751Gln and XRCC1 Arg399Gln single nucleotide polymorphisms in lung cancerDaniela F Giachino
Department of Clinical and Biological Sciences, University of Torino, Turin, Italy
Clin Cancer Res 13:2876-81. 2007XRCC1 and XPD play key roles in the repair of DNA lesions and adducts...
- XRCC1 codon 399 and ERCC2 codon 751 polymorphism, smoking, and drinking and risk of esophageal squamous cell carcinoma in a North Indian populationRanbir Chander Sobti
Department of Biotechnology, Panjab University, Chandigarh 160014, India
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 175:91-7. 2007XRCC1 (X-ray cross-complementing group 1) codon 399 and ERCC2 (excision repair cross-complementing group 2) codon 751 polymorphisms were studied in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma (ESQCC) in a North Indian population...
- DNA repair gene XPD polymorphisms and cancer risk: a meta-analysis based on 56 case-control studiesFan Wang
Department of Epidemiology, Public Health College, Harbin Medical University, Harbin, Heilongjiang Province, People s Republic of China
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 17:507-17. 2008Genetic variations in the XPD gene may increase cancer susceptibility by affecting the capacity for DNA repair. Several studies have investigated this possibility; however, the conclusions remain controversial...
- Pharmacogenetic approach for capecitabine or 5-fluorouracil selection to be combined with oxaliplatin as first-line chemotherapy in advanced colorectal cancerEva Martinez-Balibrea
Medical Oncology Service, Hospital Universitari Germans Trias i Pujol Institut Català d Oncologia, Badalona, Barcelona, Spain
Eur J Cancer 44:1229-37. 2008We studied the role of TS (5'VNTR, 5'SNP and 3'UTR), XRCC1-399, XPD-751, ERCC1-118 and XRCC3-241 genetic polymorphisms in tailoring fluroropyrimidine/oxaliplatin treatment...
- Strict sun protection results in minimal skin changes in a patient with xeroderma pigmentosum and a novel c.2009delG mutation in XPD (ERCC2)Steffen Emmert
Department of Dermatology, Georg August University Goettingen, Goettingen, Germany
Exp Dermatol 18:64-8. 2009..8 J/m(2)), reduced nucleotide excision repair, reduced expression of XPD mRNA and an undetectable level of XPD protein...
- Pharmacogenetic prediction of clinical outcome in advanced colorectal cancer patients receiving oxaliplatin/5-fluorouracil as first-line chemotherapyL Pare
Department of Genetics, Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona corrected Barcelona 08025, Spain
Br J Cancer 99:1050-5. 2008..We studied the usefulness of the excision repair cross-complementing 1 (ERCC1), xeroderma pigmentosum group D (XPD), XRCC1 and GSTP1 polymorphisms as predictors of clinical outcome in these patients...
- Mutations in the XPD helicase gene result in XP and TTD phenotypes, preventing interaction between XPD and the p44 subunit of TFIIHF Coin
Institut de Genetique et de Biologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, CNRS INSERM ULP, B P 163, Illkirch, C U de Strasbourg, France
Nat Genet 20:184-8. 1998..of the evolutionarily conserved helicase XPD, which is one of the subunits of the transcription/repair factor TFIIH (refs 1,2)...
- A summary of mutations in the UV-sensitive disorders: xeroderma pigmentosum, Cockayne syndrome, and trichothiodystrophyJ E Cleaver
UCSF Cancer Center and Department of Dermatology, University of California, San Francisco 94143 0808, USA
Hum Mutat 14:9-22. 1999..XP-E by this definition contains only those cell lines and patients that have mutations in the small subunit, DDB2, of a damage-specific DNA binding protein...
- An intronic poly (AT) polymorphism of the DNA repair gene XPC and risk of squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck: a case-control studyH Shen
Department of Epidemiology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Cancer Res 61:3321-5. 2001..333, 0.281, 0.296, and 0.353, respectively). The case-control findings support the hypothesis that the XPC-PAT+ allele may contribute to the risk of developing SCCHN...
- XPD exon 10 and 23 polymorphisms and DNA repair in human skin in situK Hemminki
Department of Biosciences at Novum, Karolinska Institute, 14157 Huddinge, Sweden
Carcinogenesis 22:1185-8. 2001..studied with regard to the repair rate of UV-specific cyclobutane pyrimidine dimers in the skin were genotyped for XPD polymorphisms at codons 312 (exon 10 G-->A, Asp-->Asn) and 751 (exon 23 A-->C, Lys-->Gln)...
- XRCC1, XRCC3, XPD gene polymorphisms, smoking and (32)P-DNA adducts in a sample of healthy subjectsG Matullo
Dipartimento di Genetica, Biologia e Biochimica, Universita di Torino, 10126, Torino, ISI Foundation, Institute for Scientific Interchange, Villa Gualino, 10133, Torino, Italy
Carcinogenesis 22:1437-45. 2001..and three genetic polymorphisms in different repair genes: XRCC1-Arg399Gln (exon 10), XRCC3-Thr241Met (exon 7) and XPD-Lys751Gln (exon 23)...
- Modulation of repair of ultraviolet damage in the host-cell reactivation assay by polymorphic XPC and XPD/ERCC2 genotypesYawei Qiao
Department of Epidemiology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, TX 77030, USA
Carcinogenesis 23:295-9. 2002..benzo[a]pyrene diol epoxide-induced DNA damage measured by a host-cell reactivation assay was modulated by two XPD/ERCC2 polymorphisms in lung cancer...
- XPD codon 751 polymorphism, metabolism genes, smoking, and bladder cancer riskMariana C Stern
Molecular and Genetic Epidemiology Section, Laboratory of Molecular Carcinogenesis and the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, NIH, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, 27709, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 11:1004-11. 2002..DNA damage from such adducts is mainly repaired by the nucleotide excision repair pathway, in which the XPD protein functions in opening the DNA helix...
- Polymorphisms of the DNA repair gene XPD and risk of lung cancer in a Chinese populationDeyin Xing
Department of Etiology and Carcinogenesis, Cancer Institute, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing 100021, China
Lung Cancer 38:123-9. 2002..is associated with cancer risk and that the Asp312Asn and Lys751Gln polymorphisms in the xeroderma pigmentosum complementary group D (XPD) gene may influence DNA repair capacity...
- ERCC2/XPD gene polymorphisms and cancer riskSimone Benhamou
EMI 00 06, INSERM Universite d Evry, 91034 Evry
Mutagenesis 17:463-9. 2002..Several SNPs have been described in the ERCC2/XPD gene, but three in particular have been studied: the C-->A silent polymorphism (Arg156Arg) in exon 6, the G-..
- Twelve single nucleotide polymorphisms on chromosome 19q13.2-13.3: linkage disequilibria and associations with basal cell carcinoma in Danish psoriatic patientsJiaoyang Yin
Institute of Human Genetics, University of Aarhus, Aarhus C DK 8000, Denmark
Biochem Genet 41:27-37. 2003..17-124; p(chi2, two-side) = 0.019) and to a lesser extent with XPD exon6 (p = 0.06). This is in accordance with recent studies of a different group of BCC cases (Rockenbauer et al...
- Sequence variations in the DNA repair gene XPD and risk of lung cancer in a Chinese populationGang Liang
Department of Etiology and Carcinogenesis, Cancer Institute, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Beijing 100021, China
Int J Cancer 105:669-73. 2003..The Asp312Asn and Lys751Gln polymorphisms in the xeroderma pigmentosum complementary group D (XPD) gene may alter DNA repair capacity...
- ERCC2 /XPD gene polymorphisms and lung cancer: a HuGE reviewSimone Benhamou
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Evry University, 91034 Evry, France
Am J Epidemiol 161:1-14. 2005The xeroderma pigmentosum group D (XPD) protein is a well-characterized DNA helicase necessary for the nucleotide excision repair of bulky DNA lesions, such as those induced by cigarette smoking...
- Association of polymorphisms in the cyclin D1 and XPD genes and susceptibility to cancers of the upper aero-digestive tractShama Buch
Center for Clinical Pharmacology, Department of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, 100 Technology Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15219, USA
Mol Carcinog 42:222-8. 2005..The XPD protein is an important component of the TFIIH transcription factor complex...
- Polymorphisms of the DNA repair genes XPD (Lys751Gln) and XRCC1 (Arg399Gln and Arg194Trp): relationship to breast cancer risk and familial predisposition to breast cancerA M Brewster
Department of Clinical Cancer Prevention, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77230 1439, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 95:73-80. 2006..This population based case-control study examined the association between polymorphisms in XPD (Lys751Gln) and XRCC1 (Arg399Gln and Arg194Trp) genes, and breast cancer...
- Genetic variation in the nucleotide excision repair pathway and bladder cancer riskMontserrat Garcia-Closas
Hormonal and Reproductive Epidemiology Branch, Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Room 7076, 6120 Executive Boulevard, MSC 7234, Rockville, MD 20852 7234, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 15:536-42. 2006..bladder cancer risk by analyzing 22 single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNP) in seven NER genes (XPC, RAD23B, ERCC1, ERCC2, ERCC4, ERCC5, and ERCC6)...
- Association of DNA repair and steroid metabolism gene polymorphisms with clinical late toxicity in patients treated with conformal radiotherapy for prostate cancerSambasivarao Damaraju
Cross Cancer Institute, Department of Oncology, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Clin Cancer Res 12:2545-54. 2006....
- Xeroderma pigmentosum group D haplotype predicts for response, survival, and toxicity after platinum-based chemotherapy in advanced nonsmall cell lung cancerRichard Booton
Christie Hospital National Health Service Trust, Manchester, United Kingdom
Cancer 106:2421-7. 2006..Polymorphisms within the Xeroderma pigmentosum Group D protein (XPD), a member of the NER pathway, are associated with alterations in enzyme activity and may change sensitivity to ..
- [XRCC1 and XPD genetic polymorphisms predict clinical responses to platinum-based chemotherapy in advanced non-small cell lung cancer]Peng Yuan
Department of Medical Oncology, Cancer Institute and Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing 100021, China
Zhonghua Zhong Liu Za Zhi 28:196-9. 2006..The purpose of this study was to examine the association between polymorphisms in XRCC1 and XPD, which are involved in DNA repair, and clinical responses to platinum-based chemotherapy in advanced non-small cell ..
- Polymorphism of the DNA repair gene ERCC2 Lys751Gln and risk of lung cancer in a northeastern Chinese populationJiaoyang Yin
Department of Medical Genetics, Shenyang Medical College, No 146, N Huanghe St, Yuhong District, Shenyang 110034, Liaoning Province, PR China
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 169:27-32. 2006The ERCC2 gene (excision repair cross-complementing rodent repair deficiency, complementation group 2 [xeroderma pigmentosum D]) (previously XPD), encoding a DNA repair protein, is involved in nucleotide excision repair and basal ..
- Polymorphisms in DNA repair genes and therapeutic outcomes of AML patients from SWOG clinical trialsNataliya Kuptsova
Department of Cancer Prevention and Control, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Elm and Carlton Streets, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
Blood 109:3936-44. 2007..We evaluated the role of polymorphisms in DNA repair genes APE1, XRCC1, ERCC1, XPD, and XRCC3 in predicting therapeutic outcomes of older adults with acute myeloid leukemia (AML) from 2 Southwest ..
- DNA repair gene polymorphisms and genetic predisposition to cutaneous melanomaJoanne E Povey
Sir Alastair Currie Cancer Research UK Laboratories, Molecular Medicine Centre, University of Edinburgh, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh, EH4 2XU, UK
Carcinogenesis 28:1087-93. 2007..59, P = 0.008; XPF OR 1.69, P = 0.003]. Although an XPD haplotype was associated with melanoma, it did not contain the variant 751 Gln allele, which has been associated ..
- Polymorphisms in genes involved in DNA repair and metabolism of xenobiotics in individual susceptibility to sporadic diffuse gastric cancerAnnamaria Ruzzo
Institute of Biochemistry G Fornaini, University of Urbino, Urbino, Italy
Clin Chem Lab Med 45:822-8. 2007..We carried out a case-control study to evaluate whether polymorphisms of DNA repair and glutathione S-transferase (GST) genes modulate the risk of developing diffuse gastric cancer...
- Prognostic importance of DNA repair gene polymorphisms of XRCC1 Arg399Gln and XPD Lys751Gln in lung cancer patients from IndiaLeelakumari Sreeja
Division of Cancer Research, Regional Cancer Centre, Trivandrum, Kerala 695011, India
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 134:645-52. 2008..Two of the genetic polymorphisms, XRCC1Arg399Gln and XPD Lys751Gln have been extensively studied in the association with lung cancer risk, although published studies have ..
- ERCC2 2251A>C genetic polymorphism was highly correlated with early relapse in high-risk stage II and stage III colorectal cancer patients: a preliminary studyMing Yii Huang
Graduate Institute of Medical Genetics, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
BMC Cancer 8:50. 2008..To our knowledge, this study discusses, for the first time, early cancer relapse and its indication by multiple genes...
- Relationship between polymorphisms of nucleotide excision repair genes and oral cancer risk in Taiwan: evidence for modification of smoking habitDa Tian Bau
Department of Medical Research, China Medical University Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan, ROC
Chin J Physiol 50:294-300. 2007..Both XPA and XPD encode proteins that are part of the nucleotide excision repair (NER) pathway...
- Genotypes and haplotypes of ERCC1 and ERCC2/XPD genes predict levels of benzo[a]pyrene diol epoxide-induced DNA adducts in cultured primary lymphocytes from healthy individuals: a genotype-phenotype correlation analysisHui Zhao
Department of Epidemiology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Carcinogenesis 29:1560-6. 2008..group 1 (ERCC1) and excision repair cross-complementing complementation group 2/xeroderma pigmentosum D (ERCC2/XPD) participate in the nucleotide excision repair (NER) pathway that removes BPDE-DNA adducts; however, few ..
- DNA repair gene XPD and XRCC1 polymorphisms and the risk of childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemiaBahadir Batar
Department of Medical Biology, Cerrahpasa Faculty of Medicine, University of Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey
Leuk Res 33:759-63. 2009..aimed to determine the four polymorphisms in two DNA repair genes, xeroderma pigmentosum complementation group D (XPD) and X-ray repair cross-complementing group 1 (XRCC1), in a sample of Turkish patients with childhood acute ..
- Very low prevalence of XPD K751Q polymorphism and its association with XPD expression and outcomes of FOLFOX-4 treatment in Asian patients with colorectal carcinomaJiun I Lai
National Yang Ming University School of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan
Cancer Sci 100:1261-6. 2009Xeroderma pigmentosum group D (XPD) participates in DNA unwinding during nucleotide excision repair, which may alter the efficacy of platinum-based chemotherapy...
- DNA repair polymorphisms associated with cytogenetic subgroups in B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemiaChristina Ganster
Department of Medical Genetics, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 48:760-7. 2009..However, differences were observed in the distribution of rs13181 in ERCC2 between all CLL patients and controls...
- Common polymorphisms in the XPD and hOGG1 genes are not associated with the risk of colorectal cancer in a Polish populationTomasz Sliwinski
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Lodz, Lodz, Poland
Tohoku J Exp Med 218:185-91. 2009..Xeroderma pigmentosum group D (XPD) protein and human homolog of the 8-oxoguanine glycosylase 1 (hOGG1) are involved in nucleotide excision repair and ..
- Polymorphisms in DNA repair genes, smoking, and bladder cancer risk: findings from the international consortium of bladder cancerMariana C Stern
Department of Preventive Medicine, Keck School of Medicine, Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90089, USA
Cancer Res 69:6857-64. 2009..We found evidence for weak but consistent associations with ERCC2 D312N [rs1799793; per-allele odds ratio (OR), 1.10; 95% confidence interval (95% CI), 1.01-1.19; P = 0...
- Association of molecular markers with toxicity outcomes in a randomized trial of chemotherapy for advanced colorectal cancer: the FOCUS trialMichael S Braun
Oncology and Clinical Research and Pathology and Tumour Biology Sections, Leeds Institute of Molecular Medicine, University of Leeds, Leeds, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 27:5519-28. 2009..Predicting efficacy and toxicity could potentially allow individualization of cancer therapy. We investigated putative pharmacogenetic markers of chemotherapy toxicity in a large randomized trial...
- Genetic variation in DNA repair genes and prostate cancer risk: results from a population-based studyIlir Agalliu
Department of Epidemiology and Population Health, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY, USA
Cancer Causes Control 21:289-300. 2010..Alterations of this pathway have been reported in many cancers. An increase in oxidative DNA damage or decrease in DNA repair capacity with aging or due to germline genetic variation may affect prostate cancer risk...
- John A Tainer; Fiscal Year: 2015..In humans, XPB and XPD helicases are part of the ten subunit TFIIH transcription/repair complex, but disease-causing mutations cluster in XPB and particularly XPD rather than in the ..
- The Meningioma Consortium: Genome-Wide Association StudyElizabeth B Claus; Fiscal Year: 2013..previous associations from the Tineas Capitas study of meningioma risk with variants in DNA repair genes (KRAS2, ERCC2, CCND1)...
- WORKER GENETIC SUSCEPTIBILITY TO MUTAGENIC RISKPaul W Brandt-Rauf; Fiscal Year: 2013..etheno-DNA adducts that can be removed by base excision repair (via XRCC1) or nucleotide excision repair (via XPD), or, if not repaired, result in specific mutations in cancer-related genes (the ras oncogene and the TP53 tumor ..
- Bennett Van Houten; Fiscal Year: 2016..by human damage recognition proteins, XPC-HR23B, XPA, RPA, and UV-DDB;and 3) to examine the dynamics of human XPD (ERCC2), and XPB (ERCC3) helicase proteins on DNA...
- DNA Repair, Skin Cancer and Overall Cancer RiskAnthony Alberg; Fiscal Year: 2009..in the cohort indicating an increased risk of subsequent cancer in persons with a history of NMSC who had ERCC2./XPD Lys751GIn Lys/GIn or Gin/Gin genotypes...
- PAUL KHAVARI; Fiscal Year: 2016..repair (BER) pathway (MBD4, TDG, and AID/Apobec2) and the nucleotide excision repair (NER) pathway (XPA, XPG, ERCC2, TAF12). Gadd45 proteins interact with both BER and NER mechanisms to enable DNA demethylation...
- Alan M Weiner; Fiscal Year: 2014..CS has long been thought to be a disease of DNA repair because all 5 genes that can cause CS (CSA, CSB, XPB, XPD, and XPG) are essential for transcription-coupled nucleotide excision repair (TC-NER)...
- SUSAN THOMAS LOVETT; Fiscal Year: 2016..The first aim of this study seeks to clarify how the YoaA protein, a member of the XPD/FANCJ family of helicases mutated in human disease syndromes, participates in replication gap repair by studies of ..
- CELLULAR AND MOLECULAR RESPONSE TO DNA REPAIR DEFICIENCYRenee Reijo Pera; Fiscal Year: 2000..The XRCC1-complemented CHO cell line, EM9, is hypersensitive to many mutagenic agents, and demonstrates a 10-fold increase in baseline levels of sister ..
- The role of DNA repair in retroviral infectionKRISTINE E contact YODER; Fiscal Year: 2010..to define the components and mechanism of TFIIH mediated retroviral cDNA degradation pathway, and 2...
- Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons and birth outcomes in Mexico CityMARIE SYLVIA O'NEILL; Fiscal Year: 2013..DNA samples from mother and infant will be used to type genetic polymorphisms (CYP1A1, GSTM1, GSTT1, GSTP1, Xrcc1, XPD) relevant to the hypothesized mechanisms...
- Molecular Genetics of Colon Cancer in Blacks and WhitesJennifer Hu; Fiscal Year: 2005..XRCC1 and APE), a gene in double-strand break/recombination repair (XRCC3), and a nucleotide excision repair gene (XPD)...
- Molecular Analysis of Esophageal Cancer SurvivalMatthew Kulke; Fiscal Year: 2007..survival and the presence of specific genetic polymorphisms (GSTP1, GSTM1, GSTT1, CYP1A1, CYP3A5, p53, XRCC1 and ERCC2) in patients with esophageal cancer...
- MOUSE MODELS OF DNA REPAIR DEFECTIVE HUMAN DISEASESErrol Friedberg; Fiscal Year: 2000..Additionally they are subunits of the RNA polymerase II transcription factor IIH (TFIIH) and hence are also indispensable for transcription initiation...
- MECHANISM & CONTROL OF HUMAN NUCLEOTIDE EXCISION REPAIRZhen Qiang Pan; Fiscal Year: 2001..Recently, the applicant has isolated two novel human TFIIH-related complexes: TFIIH* and ERCC2/CAK. TFIIH* consists of a subset of the TFIIH complex proteins including ERCC3, p62, p44, p41, and p34...
- GENETIC ANALYSIS OF NUCLEOTIDE EXCISION REPAIRLAWRENCE THOMPSON; Fiscal Year: 2002..ERCC2 is a component of the TFIIH transcription-repair complex, and the unwinding activity of ERCC2 is required for nucleotide excision repair (NER) ..
- MECHANISM OF INITIATION BY RNA POLYMERASE IIJAY GRALLA; Fiscal Year: 2007This proposal is aimed at learning the roles of the XPB and XPD subunits of the multi-protein factor TFIIH. TFIIH is essential for transcription of RNA, repair of DNA and control of cellular mitosis...
- Molecular Epidemiology of Smoking & Breast CancerKATHLEEN CONWAY DORSEY; Fiscal Year: 2005..common germline variants of the GST and NAT metabolizing enzymes, or of DNA repair enzymes (XRCC1, APE, HOGG1, XPA, XPD, XPF, and others), modify the prevalence of LOH or p53 mutations associated with smoking...
- Prenatal Exposures & Procarcinogenic MutationsManuela Orjuela; Fiscal Year: 2007..Infant DNA repair capacity (XPD/XRCC1) probably also plays a role in the persistence of chromosomal damage...
- DETECTION & REVERSAL OF OVARIAN CANCER DRUG RESISTANCERobert Ozols; Fiscal Year: 1992..and expression of mRNA for enzymes which participate in DNA repair (DNA polymerases alpha and beta, ERCC1 and ERCC2)...
- Seth Blackshaw; Fiscal Year: 2016..We will test whether the TFIIH-associated proteins ERCC2 and CDK7 might mediate this effect by blocking PIAS3-dependent SUMOylation of NR2E3 when ..
- HUMAN XRCC1 PROTEIN IN DNA REPAIR AND RECOMBINATIONMICHAEL THELEN; Fiscal Year: 2001..The XRCC1 gene was cloned based on its ability to correct the repair defect of the hamster cell mutant EM9. XRCC1 protein was later shown to interact with several BER participants, namely DNA Ligase III, DNA Polymerase ..
- MAP KINASES AND NUCLEOTIDE EXCISION REPAIRPAUL VICHI; Fiscal Year: 2000..Studies focus on c-Jun-NH2-terminal kinase (JNK)-mediated activation of the transcription/repair factor TFIIH. NER is the predominant mechanism in eukaryotic cells for repair of ultraviolet (UV) or cis-platinum-induced DNA ..
- Genomic Instability in Melanoma PathogenesisRobin Edwards; Fiscal Year: 2006..Next, three NER genes - XPA, XPC, and XPD - will be analyzed by Western blot and direct sequencing...
- The Aux/IAA and ARF Gene Families in Auxin SignalingAthanasios Theologis; Fiscal Year: 2005..AGE1 is a homolog of the yeast RAD3 and human XPD/ERCC2 protein, which is a component of the TFIIH transcription factor that participates in nucleotide excision repair (NER) and basal transcription...
- CLUE STUDIES--EVALUATING BIOMARKERS OF CARCINOGENESISKathy Helzlsouer; Fiscal Year: 2004..a potent8ial marker for the early detection of aggressive forms of breast cancer; genetic polymorphisms in the XPD gene, a potential marker of susceptibility to the development of a second primary cancer among individuals with non-..
- DNA repair, genetic variation and skin cancerDavid Hunter; Fiscal Year: 2003..We hypothesize that candidate polymorphisms and haplotypes in three important DNA repair genes (XPD in nucleotide excision repair; XRCC1 in base excision repair; XRCC3 in homologous recombination repair) are ..
- Drug Metabolism, DNA Repair & Second CancersDebra Friedman; Fiscal Year: 2003..P-450 (CYP) CYP2C9, CYP2C19, CYP3A4, thiopurine methyltransferase, methylguanine DNA methyltransferase, ERCC1, XPD, XRCC1, XRCC2, XRCC3, XRCC4 and XRCC5...
- The roles of XPF/ERCC1 complex in DNA repairTadayoshi Bessho; Fiscal Year: 2007..The NER factors, XPA, RPA, XPC/HHR23B, TFIIH (contains XPB and XPD) and XPG are supposed to generate a specific unwound structure for the XPF/ERCC1 complex to ..
- Genetic Polymorphisms in MyelomaBrian Van Ness; Fiscal Year: 2003..P450, myeloperoxidase, glutathione S-transferases (M,T,P), multi-drug resistance 1); DNA repair (XRCCC1, ERCC2); and, myeloma related growth factors (lL-6, IL-1b, IL-1RA, IL-10, TNa, Lta, TGFb)...
- GENE-ENVIRONMENT INTERACTIONS: THE ODYSSEY COHORTSandra Hoffman; Fiscal Year: 2003..GSTM1, GSTT1, GSTP1, NAT1 and NAT2, NOS, CYP1A1, CYP1B1, EH); and 3) control DNA repair processes (XRCC1, XRCC3, XPD)...
- DNA Repair and Bladder CancerAngeline Andrew; Fiscal Year: 2004..project will be to 1) test the hypothesis that genetic variants in the nucleotide excision repair pathway genes (XPD, XPC, XPA, and ERCC1), are associated with increased risk of bladder cancer, and 2) determine whether environmental ..
- Repair & Prevention of DNA Damage & Breast Cancer RiskRoy Shore; Fiscal Year: 2005..help prevent DNA damage (GSTP1, MnSOD, catalase) and 9 genes in the DNA nucleotide-excision repair pathway (XPC, XPD, XPF, XPG) or base-excision repair pathway (XRCC1, APE1, LIG3, POLD1, hOGG1) will be studied in relation to breast ..
- DNA Damage and Neurodegeneration in Cockayne SyndromeJames Cleaver; Fiscal Year: 2009..Successful conclusion of these studies will expand our knowledge of mechanisms of neurodegeneration and lay groundwork for development of therapeutic approaches for CS patients. ..
- The XP Variant: A Human Mutator Gene for UV DamageJames Cleaver; Fiscal Year: 2005..We will express hRad3O on the keratin 14 promoter for over-expression in the skin, and make targeted knockout of mRad3O in vivo to identify roles for hRad3O in promoting and preventing carcinogenesis. ..
- Lung Cancer Chemoradiation: Predictors of SurvivalXifeng Wu; Fiscal Year: 2009..This multivariate prognostic study could have long-term prognostic potential by allowing greater individualization of therapy, based on the genetic makeup of the patient, thereby both increasing efficacy and reducing morbidity. ..
- Markers of Genetic Susceptibility to Bladder CancerXifeng Wu; Fiscal Year: 2008..The ability to rapidly screen individuals for risk, using minimally invasive procedures (blood samples), has immense clinical implication, such as intensive screening and chemopreventive interventions. ..
- Genetic Susceptibility Modifiers in Renal Cell CarcinomaXifeng Wu; Fiscal Year: 2007..Such individuals may then be targeted for intervention programs such as chemoprevention or dietary modification. ..
- GENETIC INFLUENCE ON MUTAGEN SENSITIVITY--A TWIN STUDYXifeng Wu; Fiscal Year: 2004..Additionally, these potential biomarkers may ultimately be used to identify individuals who should be targeted for more intense screening programs or behavior modification interventions. ..
- Nucleotide Excision Repair Gene Variants and Skin CancerJiali Han; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- CLINICAL AND EPIDEMIOLOGIC CENTER FOR BIOMARKERS OF UPPEMargaret Spitz; Fiscal Year: 2004..The team of investigators is multi-disciplinary and will be able to respond in a timely and flexible manner to network directives, and to enhance and augment the network's research capabilities. ..
- Pharmacogenetics advanced colorectal cancerHoward McLeod; Fiscal Year: 2004..These aims provide a comprehensive framework for our strategy to provide the first prospective information on the integration of pharmacogenetic information into the selection of therapy for advanced colorectal cancer. ..
- DNA REPAIR AND CANCER PRONE HEREDITARY HUMAN DISEASEErrol Friedberg; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- DNA REPAIR GENE POLYMORPHISMS AND BREAST CANCER RISKTIMOTHY JORGENSEN; Fiscal Year: 2003..an important role in protecting against breast carcinogenesis, and that polymorphisms in DNA repair genes, such as XPD, may influence breast cancer susceptibility in general, and possibly ionizing radiation-induced carcinogenesis, in ..
- H.pylori, genes and esophageal adenocarcinomaGeoffrey Liu; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Prospective Study of DNA Repair Gene Variants in Breast CancerJiali Han; Fiscal Year: 2009..This innovative work is essential to advance this field, and it has substantial potential for application to other areas of cancer susceptibility. ..
- Early Determinants of Breast Cancer RiskMary Beth Terry; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Cognitive Consequences of Endocrine Dysfunction in IDUAdrian Dobs; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will obtain a better understanding of the relationship between drug use and cognition, and also expand our understanding of the effects of sex steroids on cognitive performance, in an under-studied population. ..
- Adenocarcinoma of the Lung: role of NNK susceptibilityMargaret Spitz; Fiscal Year: 2008..This research is also applicable to other sites since tobacco-specific nitrosamines are causative agents in esophagus, pancreas and oral cavity cancers, and are the most prevalent carcinogen in snuff products. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Early Determinants of Mammographic DensityMary Beth Terry; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Alpha-1 AD Carriers and Lung Cancer RiskPing Yang; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- PHASE I TRIALS OF ANTICANCER AGENTSSUE ECKHARDT; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- PROSTATE CANCER IN MEXICANS AMERICANS & AFRICAN AMERICANSara Strom; Fiscal Year: 2003..Understanding how genetic predisposition and exogenous exposures interact to determine prostate cancer susceptibility will allow the development of more effective ethnic-specific prevention strategies. ..
- Telomere dysfunction, oxidative damage and breast cancer riskJing Shen; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- DNA REPAIR AND ITS RELATIONSHIP TO CARCINOGENESISErrol Friedberg; Fiscal Year: 2001..Recent evidence suggests that the Rad proteins required for NER as well as the subunits of TFIIH are preassembled into a large NER machine that has been designated as the nucleotide excision repairosome...
- Overcoming Age-Dependent Barriers to Early Phase TrialsS Eckhardt; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Genetic Variants in Pigmentation Genes and Skin Cancer RiskJiali Han; Fiscal Year: 2008..This research will contribute to the scientific basis for identifying high-risk individuals for skin cancer and providing individualized risk management strategies. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- The Social Value of Becoming a ParentDouglas Wolf; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- CASE CONTROL STUDY OF RISK FACTORS FOR WILMS TUMORAndrew Olshan; Fiscal Year: 2002..This study will provide important new advances in our understanding of Wilms tumor given the study size, quality of exposure assessment, and incorporation of clinical and biological markers of etiologic heterogeneity. ..
- MOUSE MODELS OF DNA REPAIR - DEFECTIVE HUMAN DISEASESErrol Friedberg; Fiscal Year: 2011..abstract_text> ..
- Gene Environment Interaction in Head and Neck CancerAndrew Olshan; Fiscal Year: 2005..The proposed study should contribute knowledge on gene-environment interactions for cancer of the head and neck, but also for other tobacco- and alcohol-related cancers and possibly cancers of unknown etiology. ..
- Cohort Study of Genetic Susceptibility to Cutaneous Malignant MelanomaJiali Han; Fiscal Year: 2010..This research will contribute to the scientific basis for identifying individuals at high risk for melanoma and providing individualized risk management strategies. ..
- Coordination of the late steps of human nucleotide excision repairORLANDO D SCHARER; Fiscal Year: 2010..Since NER proteins also contribute to the resistance of tumor cells to anti-cancer agents our investigations may also provide new targets for anti- tumor therapy. ..
- Health and QOL among Long-Term Lung Cancer SurvivorsPing Yang; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Molecular Biomarkers as Predictors of Hodgkin's DiseaseRanda El Zein; Fiscal Year: 2007..3) To elucidate the role that specific polymorphisms in DNA repair capacity genes (XRCC1, XPD and XRCC3) and cell cycle control (p53 gene) play in the modulation of HD outcome...
- Molecular Epidemiology of Esophageal Cancer PrognosisGeoffrey Liu; Fiscal Year: 2008..Furthermore, the proposed studies address directly a prioritized research area identified by the NCI Stomach and Esophageal Cancers Progress Review Group (Year 2002). ..
- Genetic Predictors for DNA Repair Phenotype in CMMQingyi Wei; Fiscal Year: 2008..e., XPA, XPB/excision repair cross-complementing group 3 (ERCC3), XPC, XPD/ERCC2, XPE/damaged DNA-binding protein (DDB1), XPF/ERCC4 and XPG/ERCC5)code for core proteins involved in the nucleotide ..
- Use of Serum HPV16 DNA as a Marker for Oropharyngeal Cancer RecurrenceErich Sturgis; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Genetic Variants in Immunological Mediator Genes and Skin Cancer RiskJiali Han; Fiscal Year: 2008..This research will contribute to the scientific basis for identifying individuals at high-risk for skin cancer and providing individualized risk management strategies. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Uptake and Mutagenicity of Moderately Soluble Hexavalent ChromiumDIANE STEARNS; Fiscal Year: 2008..Understanding the mode of action of these chromates will provide a foundation for human risk assessment. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Biobehavioral-Smoking Profiles in Mexican-American YouthMargaret Spitz; Fiscal Year: 2008..These findings will enable us to develop culturally and age-appropriate school- and community-based smoking cessation interventions. ..
- Comprehensive NAU/AZCC Cancer Research PartnershipDIANE STEARNS; Fiscal Year: 2008..Research activities include basic science, cancer education, and community outreach components. We propose 6 pilot projects, 4 full projects, and recruitment of 2 new faculty over the project lifetime. ..
- End-of-Life Trajectories: A Prospective ModelDouglas Wolf; Fiscal Year: 2009..Finally, Active Life Expectancy-the number of years people can expect to live in an "active" or healthy state-has become a widely-accepted index of public health, and our model will produce improved estimates of this index. ..