Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ERCC1
Description: ERCC excision repair 1, endonuclease non-catalytic subunit
Alias: COFS4, RAD10, UV20, DNA excision repair protein ERCC-1, excision repair cross-complementation group 1, excision repair cross-complementing rodent repair deficiency, complementation group 1 (includes overlapping antisense sequence)
Publications268 found, 100 shown here
- Excision repair cross complementation group 1 immunohistochemical expression predicts objective response and cancer-specific survival in patients treated by Cisplatin-based induction chemotherapy for locally advanced head and neck squamous cell carcinomaAdriana Handra-Luca
Hôpital Jean Verdier APHP, Bondy, France
Clin Cancer Res 13:3855-9. 2007To assess the correlation of excision repair cross complementation group 1 (ERCC1) immunohistochemical expression with objective tumor response and cancer-specific survival in patients with locally advanced head and neck squamous cell ..
- Specific association between the human DNA repair proteins XPA and ERCC1L Li
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston 77030
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 91:5012-6. 1994..vivo, using the two-hybrid system, and in vitro, using recombinant proteins, that the human repair factors XPA and ERCC1 specifically interact...
- Reduced levels of XPA, ERCC1 and XPF DNA repair proteins in testis tumor cell linesCarey Welsh
University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15213 1863, USA
Int J Cancer 110:352-61. 2004..DNA damage and found that they had low levels of the DNA nucleotide excision repair proteins XPA, ERCC1 and XPF...
- Polymorphisms of DNA repair genes and risk of non-small cell lung cancerShanbeh Zienolddiny
Department of Toxicology, National Institute of Occupational Health, Oslo, Norway
Carcinogenesis 27:560-7. 2006..nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in 20 DNA repair genes including nucleotide excision repair (NER) genes XPA, ERCC1, ERCC2/XPD, ERCC4/XPF and ERCC5/XPG; base excision repair (BER) genes APE1/APEX, OGG1, MPG, XRCC1, PCNA, POLB, ..
- The structure of the human ERCC1/XPF interaction domains reveals a complementary role for the two proteins in nucleotide excision repairKonstantinos Tripsianes
Department of NMR Spectroscopy, Bijvoet Center for Biomolecular Research, Utrecht University, Padualaan 8, 3584 CH Utrecht, The Netherlands
Structure 13:1849-58. 2005The human ERCC1/XPF complex is a structure-specific endonuclease with defined polarity that participates in multiple DNA repair pathways...
- Gene expression of ERCC1 as a novel prognostic marker in advanced bladder cancer patients receiving cisplatin-based chemotherapyJ Bellmunt
Vall d Hebron University Hospital, Barcelona, Spain
Ann Oncol 18:522-8. 2007..Since DNA damaging agents are the cornerstones of therapy, we hypothesized that levels of DNA repair genes could predict survival...
- Human SLX4 is a Holliday junction resolvase subunit that binds multiple DNA repair/recombination endonucleasesSamira Fekairi
Genome Instability and Carcinogenesis UPR3081 CNRS, Conventionné par l Université d Aix Marseille 2, IGC, IMM 31 chemin Joseph Aiguier, 13402 Marseille, France
Cell 138:78-89. 2009..Furthermore, we show that SLX4 binds the XPF(ERCC4) and MUS81 subunits of the XPF-ERCC1 and MUS81-EME1 endonucleases and is required for DNA interstrand crosslink repair...
- Single nucleotide polymorphisms and outcome in docetaxel-cisplatin-treated advanced non-small-cell lung cancerD Isla
Hospital Clinico Lozano Blesa, Zaragoza, Spain
Ann Oncol 15:1194-203. 2004..Excision-repair cross-complementing 1 (ERCC1), xeroderma pigmentosum group D (XPD) and ribonucleotide reductase subunit M1 (RRM1) are essential to the repair ..
- Mice with DNA repair gene (ERCC-1) deficiency have elevated levels of p53, liver nuclear abnormalities and die before weaningJ McWhir
Institute of Cell and Molecular Biology, University of Edinburgh, UK
Nat Genet 5:217-24. 1993..Elevated p53 levels were detected in liver, brain and kidney, supporting the hypothesised role for p53 as a monitor of DNA damage...
- ERCC1 and XPF expression in human testicular germ cell tumorsBeate Köberle
Institute of Toxicology, University Medical Center Mainz, Mainz, Germany
Oncol Rep 23:223-7. 2010..In the present study we compared the expression of the NER proteins ERCC1 and XPF in 24 testicular germ cell tumors (TGCT) with the corresponding normal testicular tissue of the same ..
- CyclinD1 and interleukin-1 receptor antagonist polymorphisms are associated with prognosis in neoadjuvant-treated gastric carcinomaGertraud Stocker
Institute of Pathology, Technische Universitat Munchen, Trogerstr 18, 81675 Munchen, Germany
Eur J Cancer 45:3326-35. 2009..We evaluated DNA polymorphisms in genes related to DNA repair, cell-cycle control and tumour microenvironment to determine possible associations with response and survival in neoadjuvant-treated gastric cancer patients...
- Excision repair cross-complementing group 1 may predict the efficacy of chemoradiation therapy for muscle-invasive bladder cancerAtsunari Kawashima
The Department of Urology, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 17:2561-9. 2011..Several reports indicate that the excision repair cross-complementing group 1 (ERCC1) gene is associated with resistance to cisplatin and radiation therapy...
- ERCC1 expression by immunohistochemistry and EGFR mutations in resected non-small cell lung cancerKyung Hun Lee
Department of Internal Medicine, Seoul National University Hospital, Republic of Korea
Lung Cancer 60:401-7. 2008Expression of excision repair cross-complementation group 1 (ERCC1) is important for resistance to platinum agents...
- Coordination of structure-specific nucleases by human SLX4/BTBD12 is required for DNA repairIvan M Munoz
MRC Protein Phosphorylation Unit, College of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 5EH, Scotland, UK
Mol Cell 35:116-27. 2009..Slx4 also interacts with the Rad1-Rad10 endonuclease to control cleavage of 3' flaps during repair of double-strand breaks (DSBs)...
- Excision repair cross-complementation group 1 protein overexpression as a predictor of poor survival for high-grade serous ovarian adenocarcinomaStefanie Scheil-Bertram
Institute of Pathology and Cytology, HSK, Dr Horst Schmidt Klinik, Academic Teaching Hospital of University of Mainz, Wiesbaden, Germany
Gynecol Oncol 119:325-31. 2010The excision repair cross-complementation group 1 (ERCC1) expression is a predictor of survival after surgical treatment for several malignancies. Its overexpression has been reported as a marker of platinum resistance in lung cancer...
- The relationship between ERCC1 expression and clinical outcome in patients with FIGO stage I to stage II uterine cervical adenocarcinomaKiyoshi Hasegawa
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Fujita Health University School of Medicine, Toyoake, Aichi, Japan
Int J Gynecol Cancer 21:1479-85. 2011Several studies have suggested that excision repair cross-complementation group 1 (ERCC1), a protein involved in nucleotide excision repair, is associated with resistance to platinum agent-based chemotherapy or chemoradiotherapy with ..
- DNA repair gene excision repair cross complementing-group 1 (ERCC1) in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma: analysis of methylation and polymorphism (G19007A), protein expression and association with epidemiological and clinicopathological factorsLucianne Maia Costa Lima
Department of Radiology, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Histopathology 60:489-96. 2012To evaluate the associations of excision repair cross complementing-group 1 (ERCC1) (DNA repair protein) (G19007A) polymorphism, methylation and immunohistochemical expression with epidemiological and clinicopathological factors and with ..
- Pre-treatment tumor expression of ERCC1 in women with advanced stage epithelial ovarian cancer is not predictive of clinical outcomes: a Gynecologic Oncology Group studyJennifer M Rubatt
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Magee Womens Hospital, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Gynecol Oncol 125:421-6. 2012Excision repair cross-complementation group 1 (ERCC1) is required for the repair of platinum-induced DNA damage...
- Characterization of functional excision repair cross-complementation group 1 variants and their association with lung cancer risk and prognosisDianke Yu
Department of Etiology and Carcinogenesis, Cancer Institute and Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Beijing, China
Clin Cancer Res 14:2878-86. 2008The excision repair cross-complementation group 1 (ERCC1) plays a pivotal role in DNA repair and has been linked to protection against carcinogenesis and resistance to platinum-based anticancer drugs...
- Expression of excision repair cross complementing group 1 and prognosis in adrenocortical carcinoma patients treated with platinum-based chemotherapyCristina L Ronchi
Endocrine and Diabetes Unit, Department of Medicine I, University Hospital, University of Wurzburg, Josef Schneider Strasse 2, 97080 Wurzburg, Germany
Endocr Relat Cancer 16:907-18. 2009..In other tumor entities, expression of excision repair cross complementing group 1 (ERCC1) predicts resistance to platinum compounds. Therefore, we correlated ERCC1 protein expression and clinical outcome...
- Excision repair cross-complementation group 1 (ERCC1) expression in advanced urothelial carcinoma patients receiving cisplatin-based chemotherapyKyoung Ha Kim
Department of Medicine, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
APMIS 118:941-8. 2010..Excision repair cross-complementation group 1 (ERCC1) is a key component of the platinum-DNA repair machinery responsible for nucleotide excision repair...
- Gene-smoking interaction associations for the ERCC1 polymorphisms in the risk of lung cancerWei Zhou
Occupational Health Program, Department of Environmental Health, Harvard School of Public Health, 665 Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 14:491-6. 2005..Excision repair cross-complementing group 1 (ERCC1) is the lead enzyme in the nucleotide excision repair process, and low expression of ERCC1 mRNA levels has been ..
- ERCC1 expression as a predictive marker of squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck treated with cisplatin-based concurrent chemoradiationH J Jun
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul 135 710, Korea
Br J Cancer 99:167-72. 2008The excision repair cross-complementation group 1 (ERCC1) enzyme plays a rate-limiting role in the nucleotide excision repair pathway and is associated with resistance to platinum-based chemotherapy...
- Immunohistochemical expression of BCRP and ERCC1 in biopsy specimen predicts survival in advanced non-small-cell lung cancer treated with cisplatin-based chemotherapyShuji Ota
Pathology Division, Research Center for Innovative Oncology, National Cancer Center Hospital East, Kashiwa, Chiba, Japan
Lung Cancer 64:98-104. 2009....
- Comparison of two human ovarian carcinoma cell lines (A2780/CP70 and MCAS) that are equally resistant to platinum, but differ at codon 118 of the ERCC1 geneJ J Yu
Medical Ovarian Cancer Section, Developmental Therapeutics Department, Medicine Branch, Division of Clinical Sciences, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Int J Oncol 16:555-60. 2000b>ERCC1 is an essential gene within the nucleotide excision repair process. We studied two human ovarian carcinoma cell lines for cisplatin resistance, which differed with respect to ERCC1...
- High gene expression of TS1, GSTP1, and ERCC1 are risk factors for survival in patients treated with trimodality therapy for esophageal cancerMary Beth Moore Joshi
Thoracic Oncology Program and Division of Cancer Biostatistics, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Clin Cancer Res 11:2215-21. 2005..To assess the relationship between molecular markers associated with chemotherapy resistance and survival in esophageal cancer patients treated with trimodality therapy...
- Single-nucleotide polymorphisms in base excision repair, nucleotide excision repair, and double strand break genes as markers for response to radiotherapy in patients with Stage I to II head-and-neck cancerJoan Carles
Department of Medical Oncology, Hospital del Mar, University Autonoma of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 66:1022-30. 2006..Polymorphisms in DNA repair genes can influence response to radiotherapy. We analyzed single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNP) in nine DNA repair genes in 108 patients with head-and-neck cancer (HNSCC) who had received radiotherapy only...
- Prognostic value of ERCC1, thymidylate synthase, and glutathione S-transferase pi for 5-FU/oxaliplatin chemotherapy in advanced colorectal cancerSung Hyun Kim
Department of Internal Medicine, Dong A University College of Medicine, Busan, South Korea
Am J Clin Oncol 32:38-43. 2009The aim of this study was to determine whether the expression of the excision repair cross-complementing 1 (ERCC1), thymidylate synthase (TS) and glutathione S-transferase pi (GSTpi) predict clinical outcome in patients with advanced ..
- Mapping of interaction domains between human repair proteins ERCC1 and XPFW L de Laat
Department of Cell Biology and Genetics, Medical Genetics Centre, Erasmus University, PO Box 1738, 3000 DR Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Nucleic Acids Res 26:4146-52. 1998..Like its homologous complex in Saccharomyces cerevisiae , Rad10-Rad1, it acts as a structure-specific DNA endonuclease, cleaving at duplex-single-stranded DNA junctions...
- Lactacystin enhances cisplatin sensitivity in resistant human ovarian cancer cell lines via inhibition of DNA repair and ERCC-1 expressionQ Q Li
Medical Ovarian Cancer Section, Developmental Therapeutics Department, Medicine Branch, Division of Clinical Sciences, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Cell Mol Biol (Noisy-le-grand) 47:OL61-72. 2001....
- Lack of involvement of nucleotide excision repair gene polymorphisms in colorectal cancerR Mort
Sir Alastair Currie Cancer Research UK Laboratories, Molecular Medicine Centre, University of Edinburgh, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU, UK
Br J Cancer 89:333-7. 2003..We have compared the frequency of polymorphisms in the NER genes, XPD, XPF, XPG, ERCC1; in the BER gene, XRCC1; and in the RR gene, XRCC3; in colorectal cancer patients and in a control group...
- A multivariate analysis of genomic polymorphisms: prediction of clinical outcome to 5-FU/oxaliplatin combination chemotherapy in refractory colorectal cancerJ Stoehlmacher
Department of Hematology and Oncology, University of Hamburg, University Hospital, Hamburg 20247, Germany
Br J Cancer 91:344-54. 2004..Functional polymorphisms in DNA-repair genes XPD, ERCC1, XRCC1, XPA, and metabolising genes glutathione S-transferase GSTP1, GSTT1, GSTM1, and thymidylate synthase (TS) ..
- ERCC1 codon 118 polymorphism is a predictive factor for the tumor response to oxaliplatin/5-fluorouracil combination chemotherapy in patients with advanced colorectal cancerJérôme Viguier
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique UPR 2169, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Clin Cancer Res 11:6212-7. 2005..excision repair enzyme, excision repair cross-complementing rodent repair deficiency, complementation group 1 (ERCC1), had an effect on the tumor response in patients treated with standard chemotherapy regimens for a metastatic ..
- Gene-environment interactions between smoking and a haplotype of RAI, ASE-1 and ERCC1 polymorphisms among women in relation to risk of lung cancer in a population-based studyUlla Vogel
National Institute of Occupational Health, Lersø Parkallé 105, DK 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Cancer Lett 247:159-65. 2007Homozygous carriers of a haplotype consisting of ERCC1 Asn118Asn(A), ASE-1 G-21A(G), RAI IVS1 A4364G(A) are at increased risk of lung cancer especially among women...
- Genetic polymorphisms and treatment response in advanced non-small cell lung cancerDan Su
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Yale Cancer Center, Yale University School of Medicine, 60 College Street, New Haven, CT 06520 8034, USA
Lung Cancer 56:281-8. 2007..on chemotherapy and/or radiotherapy, we genotyped four single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in ATM (A60G), ERCC1 (Asn118Asn), APE1 (Asn148Glu), and iASPP (A67T), and examined their associations with treatment response among ..
- Expression of excision repair cross-complementation group 1 and class III beta-tubulin predict survival after chemotherapy for completely resected non-small cell lung cancerKatsuhiro Okuda
Department of Oncology, Immunology and Surgery, Nagoya City University Graduate School of Medical Science, 1 Kawasumi, Mizuho cho, Mizuho ku, Nagoya 467 8601, Japan
Lung Cancer 62:105-12. 2008In this study, we examined the expression of excision repair cross-complementation group 1 (ERCC1) protein in 90 completely resected lung cancer samples from patients who received adjuvant or neo-adjuvant platinum-based chemotherapy...
- Excision repair cross complementing-1 and topoisomerase IIalpha gene expression in small-cell lung cancer patients treated with platinum and etoposide: a retrospective studyPaolo Ceppi
Thoracic Oncology Unit, University of Torino, S Luigi Hospital, Orbassano Torino, Italy
J Thorac Oncol 3:583-9. 2008Aim of the study was to quantify ERCC1, RRM1, and TopoIIalpha mRNA expression profile as predictive factors for response and survival in SCLC patients treated with platinum/etoposide.
- Regulation of excision repair cross-complementation group 1 by Snail contributes to cisplatin resistance in head and neck cancerDennis Shin Shian Hsu
Institue of Biochemistry, National Chung Hsing University, Taichung, Taiwan
Clin Cancer Res 16:4561-71. 2010..We investigated the mechanism and clinical significance of the epithelial-mesenchymal transition (EMT)-induced chemoresistance in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma (HNSCC)...
- Molecular characterization of the human excision repair gene ERCC-1: cDNA cloning and amino acid homology with the yeast DNA repair gene RAD10M van Duin
Cell 44:913-23. 1986..Significant amino acid sequence homology was found between the ERCC-1 gene product and the yeast excision repair protein RAD10. The most homologous region displayed structural homology with DNA binding domains of various polypeptides.
- Molecular cloning of a human DNA repair geneA Westerveld
Nature 310:425-9. 1984..Here we report the molecular cloning of a human repair gene (ERCC1) that complements the repair defect in a Chinese hamster ovary (CHO) mutant cell line.
- Twelve single nucleotide polymorphisms on chromosome 19q13.2-13.3: linkage disequilibria and associations with basal cell carcinoma in Danish psoriatic patientsJiaoyang Yin
Institute of Human Genetics, University of Aarhus, Aarhus C DK 8000, Denmark
Biochem Genet 41:27-37. 2003..The combined studies suggest that genetic variation in nucleotide excision repair is of importance for the development of BCC...
- Polymorphisms in ERCC1 and grade 3 or 4 toxicity in non-small cell lung cancer patientsRebecca Suk
Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Clin Cancer Res 11:1534-8. 2005b>ERCC1 is a lead enzyme in the nucleotide excision repair pathway of DNA repair...
- Polymorphisms in genes of nucleotide and base excision repair: risk and prognosis of colorectal cancerVictor Moreno
Institut d Investigacio Biomedica de Bellvitge, Institut Catala d Oncologia, Hospitalet, Barcelona, Spain
Clin Cancer Res 12:2101-8. 2006..We have undertaken a comprehensive study of common polymorphisms in genes of DNA repair, exploring both the risk of developing colorectal cancer and the prognosis of patients...
- Pharmacogenetic profiling and clinical outcome of patients with advanced gastric cancer treated with palliative chemotherapyAnnamaria Ruzzo
Medical Oncology Unit, Hospital of Urbino, Urbino, Italy
J Clin Oncol 24:1883-91. 2006..To investigate whether polymorphisms with putative influence on fluorouracil/cisplatin activity are associated with clinical outcomes of patients with advanced gastric cancer (AGC)...
- Polymorphisms in the genes ERCC2, XRCC3 and CD3EAP influence treatment outcome in multiple myeloma patients undergoing autologous bone marrow transplantationAnnette Vangsted
Department of Haematology, Herlev University Hospital of Copenhagen, DK 2730 Herlev, Denmark
Int J Cancer 120:1036-45. 2007..the effect on time to treatment failure (TTF) and overall survival (OS) of polymorphism in the DNA repair genes ERCC1, ERCC2 and XRCC3, and in the apoptotic genes PPP1R13L and CD3EAP in 348 patients with multiple myeloma undergoing ..
- Identification of FAAP24, a Fanconi anemia core complex protein that interacts with FANCMAlberto Ciccia
Cancer Research UK, London Research Institute, Clare Hall Laboratories, South Mimms, Herts, UK
Mol Cell 25:331-43. 2007..Our data indicate that the FANCM/FAAP24 complex may play a key role in recruitment of the FA core complex to damaged DNA...
- Pharmacogenetic profiling in patients with advanced colorectal cancer treated with first-line FOLFOX-4 chemotherapyAnnamaria Ruzzo
Institute of Biochemistry G Fornaini, University of Urbino, Urbino, Italy
J Clin Oncol 25:1247-54. 2007....
- No association of ERCC1 C8092A and T19007C polymorphisms to cancer risk: a meta-analysisYuanchun Li
State Key Laboratory of Genetic Engineering, Institute of Genetics, School of Life Science, Fudan University, Shanghai, People s Republic of China
Eur J Hum Genet 15:967-73. 2007ERCC1 (excision repair cross complementation group 1) is a subunit of the nucleotide excision repair complex, which can perform DNA strand incision correction of DNA damage...
- Analysis of the XPA and ssDNA-binding surfaces on the central domain of human ERCC1 reveals evidence for subfunctionalizationKonstantinos Tripsianes
Department of NMR Spectroscopy, Bijvoet Center for Biomolecular Research, Utrecht University, Padualaan 8, 3584 CH Utrecht, The Netherlands
Nucleic Acids Res 35:5789-98. 2007Human ERCC1/XPF is a structure-specific endonuclease involved in multiple DNA repair pathways. We present the solution structure of the non-catalytic ERCC1 central domain...
- Processing of a psoralen DNA interstrand cross-link by XPF-ERCC1 complex in vitroLaura A Fisher
Eppley Institute for Research in Cancer and Allied Diseases, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198 6805, USA
J Biol Chem 283:1275-81. 2008..To investigate a role of the XPF-ERCC1 complex in this process, we designed a model substrate DNA with a single psoralen ICL at a three-way junction (Y-..
- A haplotype of polymorphisms in ASE-1, RAI and ERCC1 and the effects of tobacco smoking and alcohol consumption on risk of colorectal cancer: a Danish prospective case-cohort studyRikke D Hansen
National Research Centre for the Working Environment, Lersø Parkallé 105, 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
BMC Cancer 8:54. 2008..The haplotype at chromosome 19q13.2-3 encompassing the three SNPs ASE-1 G-21A, RAI IVS1 A4364G and ERCC1 Asn118Asn have been associated with risk of breast cancer and lung cancer...
- Correlation of CDA, ERCC1, and XPD polymorphisms with response and survival in gemcitabine/cisplatin-treated advanced non-small cell lung cancer patientsCarmelo Tibaldi
Division of Oncology, Department of Oncology, Azienda USL 6 of Livorno, Livorno, Italy
Clin Cancer Res 14:1797-803. 2008..Polymorphisms at the xeroderma pigmentosum group D (XPD), excision repair cross-complementing 1 (ERCC1), and cytidine deaminase (CDA) genes have been associated with alterations in enzymatic activity and may change ..
- Haplotypes of nine single nucleotide polymorphisms on chromosome 19q13.2-3 associated with susceptibility of lung cancer in a Chinese populationJiaoyang Yin
Key Laboratory of Environment and Population Health of University in Liaoning Province, Shenyang Medical College, Shenyang 110034, Liaoning Province, PR China
Mutat Res 641:12-8. 2008..This result supports the hypothesis that the sub-region is important for lung cancer susceptibility. Haplotype studies using larger study groups will be required to obtain conclusive results...
- mRNA expression of RRM1, ERCC1 and ERCC2 is not associated with chemosensitivity to cisplatin, carboplatin and gemcitabine in human lung cancer cell linesJunichi Shimizu
Department of Thoracic Oncology, Aichi Cancer Center Hospital, Aichi, Japan
Respirology 13:510-7. 2008..and/or DNA synthesis, including ribonucleotide reductase M1 (RRM1) and excision repair cross-complementation 1 (ERCC1) has been reported to be associated with chemosensitivity to platinum agents and gemcitabine...
- Relationship between ERCC1 polymorphisms, disease progression, and survival in the Gynecologic Oncology Group Phase III Trial of intraperitoneal versus intravenous cisplatin and paclitaxel for stage III epithelial ovarian cancerThomas C Krivak
University of Pittsburgh Magee Women s Hospital Precision Therapeutics PTI, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:3598-606. 2008We hypothesized that common polymorphisms in excision repair cross-complementation group 1 (ERCC1), involved in nucleotide excision repair of platinum-induced damage, would be associated with progression-free survival (PFS) and overall ..
- Expression of ERCC1 and class III beta-tubulin in non-small cell lung cancer patients treated with carboplatin and paclitaxelKoichi Azuma
Division of Respirology, Neurology, and Rheumatology, Department of Internal Medicine, Kurume University School of Medicine, 67 Asahi Machi, Kurume, Fukuoka 830 0011, Japan
Lung Cancer 64:326-33. 2009..The expression of excision repair cross-complementation group 1 (ERCC1) is reported to be correlated with resistance to platinum-based drugs...
- ERCC1 codon 118 C→T polymorphism associated with ERCC1 expression and outcome of FOLFOX-4 treatment in Asian patients with metastatic colorectal carcinomaPeter Mu Hsin Chang
School of Medicine, National Yang Ming University School of Medicine, No 155 Sec 2 Linong Street, Taipei, Taiwan
Cancer Sci 100:278-83. 2009We analyzed the influence of codon 118 C→T polymorphism of ERCC1 on its protein expression levels, clinicopathological features, and outcome of 168 Chinese patients with metastatic colorectal carcinoma that had been treated with first-..
- ERCC1 and XRCC1 gene polymorphisms predict response to neoadjuvant radiochemotherapy in esophageal cancerUte Warnecke-Eberz
Department of General, Visceral, and Cancer Surgery, Center for Integrated Oncology, University Hospital of Cologne, Kerpener Str 62, 50937, Cologne, Germany
J Gastrointest Surg 13:1411-21. 2009..We examined a panel of selected gene polymorphisms to predict response to neoadjuvant radiochemotherapy (cisplatin, 5-fluorouracil, 36 Gy) in esophageal cancer patients...
- Different impact of excision repair cross-complementation group 1 on survival in male and female patients with inoperable non-small-cell lung cancer treated with carboplatin and gemcitabineBente Holm
Department of Oncology, Herlev Hospital, DK 2730 Herlev, Denmark
J Clin Oncol 27:4254-9. 2009The excision repair cross-complementation group 1 (ERCC1) status was assessed in patients receiving carboplatin and gemcitabine for inoperable non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC)...
- Excision repair cross complementation group 1 polymorphisms predict overall survival after platinum-based chemotherapy for completely resected non-small-cell lung cancerKatsuhiro Okuda
Department of Oncology, Immunology, and Surgery, Nagoya City University Graduate School of Medical Science, Nagoya, Japan
J Surg Res 168:206-12. 2011It has been reported that the expression of excision repair cross-complementation group 1 (ERCC1) protein predicts the effect of platinum-based chemotherapy and overall survival in the several cancers...
- ERCC1 and Ki67 in small cell lung carcinoma and other neuroendocrine tumors of the lung: distribution and impact on survivalBirgit Guldhammer Skov
Department of Pathology, Gentofte Hospital, DK 2900 Gentofte, Denmark
J Thorac Oncol 5:453-9. 2010Excision repair cross-complementation group 1 (ERCC1) is a key component of the platinum-DNA repair mechanism. Ki67 is associated with the clinical course of several malignancies...
- Predictive value of ERCC1 and XPD polymorphism in patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancer receiving platinum-based chemotherapy: a systematic review and meta-analysisShu Zhen Wei
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Jinling Hospital, Nanjing University School of Medicine, 305 East Zhongshan Road, 210002 Nanjing, China
Med Oncol 28:315-21. 2011The published data on the predictive value of polymorphism of ERCC1 and XPD in patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancer receiving platinum-based chemotherapy are inconclusive...
- Genetic polymorphisms in ATM, ERCC1, APE1 and iASPP genes and lung cancer risk in a population of southeast ChinaQinghua Deng
Department of Radiation Oncology, Zhejiang Cancer Hospital, 38 Banshan Road, Hangzhou, 310022, China
Med Oncol 28:667-72. 2011..We investigated the relationship between polymorphisms in ATM (A60G), ERCC1 (Asn118Asn), APE1 (Asn148Glu) and iASPP (A67T) and the risk of developing lung cancer...
- ERCC1, RRM1 and BRCA1 mRNA expression levels and clinical outcome of advanced non-small cell lung cancerChunxia Su
Department of Oncology, Pulmonary Hospital, Tongji University School of Medicine, 507 Zhengmin Road, Yangpu Region, 200433, Shanghai, China
Med Oncol 28:1411-7. 2011This study was to investigate whether the expressions of DNA repair genes ERCC1 (excision repair cross complementing 1), RRM1 (ribonucleotide reductase subunit M1) and BRCA1 (breast cancer 1) affected clinical outcome in patients with ..
- Cisplatin sensitivity of testis tumour cells is due to deficiency in interstrand-crosslink repair and low ERCC1-XPF expressionSvetlana Usanova
Institute of Toxicology, Clinical Centre of University of Mainz, Obere Zahlbacher Strasse 67, 55131 Mainz, Germany
Mol Cancer 9:248. 2010..This study was aimed at investigating the formation and repair of intrastrand and interstrand crosslinks (ICLs) induced by cisplatin in TTC and their contribution to TTC hypersensitivity...
- No evidence of an association of ERCC1 and ERCC2 polymorphisms with clinical outcomes of platinum-based chemotherapies in non-small cell lung cancer: a meta-analysisMing Yin
Department of Epidemiology, The University of Texas, M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
Lung Cancer 72:370-7. 2011..The nucleotide excision repair (NER) pathway modulates platinum-based chemotherapeutic efficacy by removing drug-induced DNA damage...
- ERCC1 (excision repair cross-complementation group 1) expression as a predictor for response of neoadjuvant chemotherapy for FIGO stage 2B uterine cervix cancerJong Sup Park
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Gynecologic Cancer Multidisciplinary team, Seoul St Mary s Hospital, College of Medicine, Catholic University of Korea, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Gynecol Oncol 120:275-9. 2011..However, no validated clinical or biologic predictor of response to this chemotherapy has been identified to date...
- ERCC1 protein, mRNA expression and T19007C polymorphism as prognostic markers in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma patients treated with surgery and adjuvant cisplatin-based chemoradiationGilberto de Castro
Instituto do Câncer do Estado de São Paulo, Clinical Oncology, Av Dr Arnaldo 251, 5th Floor, Sao Paulo, SP 01246 000, Brazil
Oncol Rep 25:693-9. 2011Adjuvant cisplatin-based chemoradiation improves survival in HNSCC patients presenting with risk features. ERCC1 (excision repair cross-complementation group 1) is associated with resistance to chemo- and radiation therapy and may have a ..
- The expression of ERCC1, RRM1, and BRCA1 in breast cancer according to the immunohistochemical phenotypesDokyung Kim
Department of Pathology, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Severance Hospital, 250 Seongsan no, Seoul, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 26:352-9. 2011We studied the expression of BRCA1, ERCC1, and RRM1 which play an important role in DNA repair systems in breast cancer...
- TS and ERCC-1 mRNA expressions and clinical outcome in patients with metastatic colon cancer in CONFIRM-1 and -2 clinical trialsP P Grimminger
Department of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, University of Southern California Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Pharmacogenomics J 12:404-11. 2012..TS and ERCC-1 expression is associated with clinical outcome in mCRC. Baseline TS and ERCC-1 levels may allow the selection of patients who benefit from FOLFOX4 chemotherapy...
- Neoadjuvant radiochemotherapy in adenocarcinoma of the esophagus: ERCC1 gene polymorphisms for prediction of response and prognosisRalf Metzger
Department of General, Visceral and Cancer Surgery, Center for Integrated Oncology CIO Cologne Bonn, University Hospital of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
J Gastrointest Surg 16:26-34; discussion 34. 2012..To identify these patients, ERCC1 (rs11615) gene polymorphisms were analyzed...
- Nucleotide excision repair gene ERCC1 polymorphisms contribute to cancer susceptibility: a meta-analysisLouqian Zhang
Department of Medical Oncology, Affiliated Cancer Hospital of Jiangsu Province, Nanjing Medical University, 140 Hanzhong Road, Nanjing, 210029, China
Mutagenesis 27:67-76. 2012Individual studies of the associations between excision repair cross-complimentary group 1 (ERCC1) polymorphisms and cancer susceptibility have shown inconclusive results...
- Excision repair cross-complementation group 1 (ERCC1) status and lung cancer outcomes: a meta-analysis of published studies and recommendationsRichard A Hubner
Department of Medical Oncology, Christie NHS Foundation Trust, Manchester, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 6:e25164. 2011..utility, several trials are already prospectively randomizing non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) patients by ERCC1 status...
- ERCC1 expression as a prognostic and predictive factor in patients with non-small cell lung cancer: a meta-analysisJingwei Jiang
Department of Oncology, Huashan Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
Mol Biol Rep 39:6933-42. 2012It is hypothesized that high expression of the excision repair cross-complementation group 1 (ERCC1) gene might be a positive prognostic factor, but predict decreased sensitivity to platinum-based chemotherapy...
- ERCC1 and topoisomerase I expression in small cell lung cancer: prognostic and predictive implicationsMaria Sereno
Department of Medical Oncology, Infanta Sofía Hospital, 28702 San Sebastián de los Reyes, Madrid, Spain
Int J Oncol 40:2104-10. 2012..Excision repair cross complementation group 1 (ERCC1) is an enzyme that removes cisplatin-induced DNA adducts and has been related with prognosis and ..
- ERCC1 expression in circulating tumor cells (CTCs) using a novel detection platform correlates with progression-free survival (PFS) in patients with metastatic non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC) receiving platinum chemotherapyMillie Das
Stanford University School of Medicine, Department of Medicine, Division of Oncology, Stanford, CA, USA
Lung Cancer 77:421-6. 2012To utilize a novel circulating tumor cell (CTC) technology to quantify ERCC1 expression on CTCs and determine whether ERCC1 expression levels predict efficacy of platinum-based chemotherapy in patients with metastatic non-small-cell lung ..
- A phase II study of biweekly paclitaxel and cisplatin chemotherapy for recurrent or metastatic esophageal squamous cell carcinoma: ERCC1 expression predicts response to chemotherapyJing Huang
Department of Medical Oncology, Cancer Institute and Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College CAMS and PUMC, Beijing 100021, China
Med Oncol 30:343. 2013..The excision repair cross-complementation group 1 (ERCC1) expression to predict response is also assessed. Forty-six eligible patients were enrolled...
- Thymidylate synthase and ERCC1 as predictive markers in patients with pulmonary adenocarcinoma treated with pemetrexed and cisplatinSeung Hyeun Lee
Division of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, College of Medicine, Korea University, 126 1, Anam Dong 5 Ga, Seongbuk gu, Seoul 136 705, Republic of Korea
Lung Cancer 81:102-8. 2013..Excision repair cross-complementation group 1 (ERCC1) is a predictive marker for platinum-based chemotherapy...
- 19q13-ERCC1 gene copy number increase in non--small-cell lung cancerElsa Vanhecke
INSERM U981, Villejuif, F 94805, France
Clin Lung Cancer 14:549-57. 2013..The effect of ERCC1 gene copy number (CN) variation (CNV) on ERCC1 expression and the clinical outcome of patients with NSCLC are not ..
- Formation of a ternary complex by human XPA, ERCC1, and ERCC4(XPF) excision repair proteinsC H Park
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill 27599
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 91:5017-21. 1994..We conclude that the XPA damage recognition protein makes a ternary complex with the ERCC1/ERCC4(XPF) heterodimer with a potential nuclease function.
- Reconstitution of human excision nuclease with recombinant XPF-ERCC1 complexT Bessho
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
J Biol Chem 272:3833-7. 1997The human XPF-ERCC1 protein complex is one of several factors known to be required for general nucleotide excision repair...
- ERCC1/XPF removes the 3' overhang from uncapped telomeres and represses formation of telomeric DNA-containing double minute chromosomesXu Dong Zhu
The Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Mol Cell 12:1489-98. 2003..Here we report that ERCC1/XPF-deficient cells retained the telomeric overhang after TRF2 inhibition, identifying this nucleotide excision ..
- Association between polymorphisms of ERCC1 and XPD and survival in non-small-cell lung cancer patients treated with cisplatin combination chemotherapyJeong Seon Ryu
Department of Internal Medicine, College of Medicine, Inha University, Incheon, Korea
Lung Cancer 44:311-6. 2004b>ERCC1 (excision repair cross-complementation group 1) and XPD (ERCC2, excision repair cross-complementation group 2) as genes have been known to be belonged to the nucleotide excision repair pathway and therefore related to DNA repair...
- Excision repair cross-complementation group 1 polymorphism predicts overall survival in advanced non-small cell lung cancer patients treated with platinum-based chemotherapyWei Zhou
Occupational Health Program, Departments of Environmental Health and Biostatistics, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston 02115, Massachusetts, USA
Clin Cancer Res 10:4939-43. 2004..Excision repair cross-complementation group 1 (ERCC1) is the lead enzyme in the nucleotide excision repair process...
- Polymorphisms in the DNA nucleotide excision repair genes and lung cancer risk in Xuan Wei, ChinaMin Shen
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 7240, USA
Int J Cancer 116:768-73. 2005..We studied single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) and their corresponding haplotypes in 6 genes (ERCC1, ERCC2/XPD, ERCC4/XPF, ERCC5/XPG, RAD23B and XPC) involved in NER in a population-based case-control study of lung ..
- Polymorphisms in RAI and in genes of nucleotide and base excision repair are not associated with risk of testicular cancerMagdalena J Laska
Institute of Human Genetics, University of Aarhus, Bartholin Building, DK 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
Cancer Lett 225:245-51. 2005..2-3, encompassing the genes ASE, ERCC1, RAI and XPD, were associated with risk of testicular cancer in Danish patients...
- Effect of polymorphisms in XPD, RAI, ASE-1 and ERCC1 on the risk of basal cell carcinoma among Caucasians after age 50Ulla Vogel
National Institute of Occupational Health, DK 2100 Copenhagen O, Denmark
Cancer Detect Prev 29:209-14. 2005..While it cannot be ruled out that the present findings are due to chance, the present results are consistent with previous findings that XPD Arg156Arg is a weak risk factor for basal cell carcinoma...
- Crystal structure and DNA binding functions of ERCC1, a subunit of the DNA structure-specific endonuclease XPF-ERCC1Oleg V Tsodikov
Department of Biological Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, Harvard Medical School, 240 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:11236-41. 2005Human XPF-ERCC1 is a DNA endonuclease that incises a damaged DNA strand on the 5' side of a lesion during nucleotide excision repair and has additional role(s) in homologous recombination and DNA interstrand crosslink repair...
- ERCC1 and ERCC2 polymorphisms and adult gliomaMargaret Wrensch
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Neuro Oncol 7:495-507. 2005ERCC2 and ERCC1 are important in DNA nucleotide excision repair and lie on chromosome 19q13.3 near a putative glioma suppressor region...
- ERCC1 gene polymorphism as a predictor for clinical outcome in advanced colorectal cancer patients treated with platinum-based chemotherapyDavid J Park
University of Southern California Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, Los Angeles 90033, USA
Clin Adv Hematol Oncol 1:162-6. 2003Excision repair cross-complementation group 1 (ERCC1) is a highly conserved protein and an essential member of the nucleotide excision repair pathway. DNA repair is an important mechanism for resistance to platinum-based chemotherapy...
- DNA repair polymorphisms and cancer risk in non-smokers in a cohort studyG Matullo
ISI Foundation and Department of Genetics, Biology and Biochemistry, University of Turin, Turin, Italy
Carcinogenesis 27:997-1007. 2006..47, 95% CI = 1.02-6.02) in the leukaemia group. Our results also suggest that the XPD/ERCC1-GAT haplotype may modulate leukaemia (OR = 1.28, 95% CI = 1.02-1.61), bladder cancer (OR = 1.38, 95% CI = 1.06-1...
- Lack of association between DNA repair gene ERCC1 polymorphism and risk of lung cancer in a Chinese populationJiaoyang Yin
Department of Medical Genetics, Shenyang Medical College, Shenyang 110034, Liaoning Province, People s Republic of China
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 164:66-70. 2006The ERCC1 (Excision Repair Cross Complementation Group 1) gene is involved in the nucleotide excision repair pathway...
- Effects of polymorphisms in ERCC1, ASE-1 and RAI on the risk of colorectal carcinomas and adenomas: a case control studyCamilla F Skjelbred
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Section of Medical Genetics, Telemark Hospital, N 3710 Skien, Norway
BMC Cancer 6:175. 2006..In this study, we aimed to evaluate whether the recently identified haplotype encompassing genes of DNA repair and apoptosis, is associated with increased risk of colorectal adenomas and carcinomas...
- Association between excision repair cross-complementation group 1 polymorphism and clinical outcome of platinum-based chemotherapy in patients with epithelial ovarian cancerSokbom Kang
Research Institute and Hospital, National Cancer Center, Goyang, Gyeonggi do 410 769, Korea
Exp Mol Med 38:320-4. 2006b>ERCC1 is a DNA repair gene and has been associated with resistance to DNA damaging agents...
- Polymorphisms in nucleotide excision repair genes and DNA repair capacity phenotype in sisters discordant for breast cancerJing Shen
Department of Environmental Health Sciences, Mailman School of Public Health, Columbia University, 701 West 168th Street, Room 505, New York, NY 10032, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 15:1614-9. 2006..group C (XPC Lys939Gln and Ala499Val), group D (XPD Asp312Asn and Lys751Gln), and group G (XPG His1104Asp) and ERCC1 (8092 C>A) in a total of 160 sister pairs for whom DRC phenotype data were available...
- First reported patient with human ERCC1 deficiency has cerebro-oculo-facio-skeletal syndrome with a mild defect in nucleotide excision repair and severe developmental failureNicolaas G J Jaspers
Department of Genetics, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Am J Hum Genet 80:457-66. 2007..The heterodimer ERCC1-XPF is one of two endonucleases required for NER...
- Tagging single nucleotide polymorphisms in excision repair cross-complementing group 1 (ERCC1) and risk of primary lung cancer in a Chinese populationHongxia Ma
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Cancer Research Center of Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, China
Pharmacogenet Genomics 17:417-23. 2007..Excision repair cross-complementing group 1 (ERCC1) is one of the NER core enzymes, and polymorphisms in ERCC1 may lead to altered repair function of the enzyme and ..
- Pharmacogenetic profiling in patients with advanced colorectal cancer treated with first-line FOLFIRI chemotherapyA Ruzzo
Institute of Biochemistry G Fornaini, University of Urbino, Urbino, Italy
Pharmacogenomics J 8:278-88. 2008..Risk for Grade III-IV neutropenia was significantly associated with UGT1A1*28 7/7 genotype. These promising findings deserve further investigations and their validation in independent prospective studies...
- Association of ERCC1 polymorphisms and susceptibility to nasopharyngeal carcinomaZhi Hui Yang
Department of Pathology, Luzhou Medical College, Luzhou, Sichuan, China
Mol Carcinog 48:196-201. 2009The normal function of excision repair cross complementing group 1 (ERCC1) is essential for maintaining genomic integrity and preventing cellular neoplastic transformation, and multiple studies have reported an association between ERCC1 ..
- ERCC1 and ERCC2 polymorphisms and risk of idiopathic azoospermia in a Chinese populationGuixiang Ji
Key Laboratory of Reproductive Medicine, Institute of Toxicology, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing 210029, China
Reprod Biomed Online 17:36-41. 2008The ERCC1 (excision repair cross complementation group 1) and ERCC2 (excision repair cross complementation group 2) genes are important in repairing DNA damage and genomic instability in germ cells, and are essential for normal ..
- ERCC1 expression as a prognostic marker in N2(+) nonsmall-cell lung cancer patients treated with platinum-based neoadjuvant concurrent chemoradiotherapyIn Gyu Hwang
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Cancer 113:1379-86. 2008Excision repair cross-complementation Group 1 (ERCC1) overexpression is associated with resistance to cisplatin-based chemotherapy in patients with nonsmall-cell lung cancer (NSCLC)...
- DNA REPAIR AND DRUG RESISTANCE IN OVARIAN CANCERThomas Hamilton; Fiscal Year: 2002..Therefore, we propose to test the hypothesis that genetic inactivation of ERCC1, an indispensable DNA repair [protein, will disruption the repair of cisplatin DNA damage, and make cisplatin more ..
- DNA Interstrand Crosslinks, Cancer and AgingLaura Niedernhofer; Fiscal Year: 2007..b>Ercc1-Xpf is an endonuclease required for nucleotide excision repair of bulky lesions on one strand of DNA and the ..
- Targeting the ERCC1/XPF nuclease for cancer therapyJohn J Turchi; Fiscal Year: 2012..These adducts are repaired by the nucleotide excision repair (NER) pathway which relies on the ERCC1/XPF nuclease to excise the Pt-damaged DNA...
- Muscle stem cell therapy in a mouse model of premature agingJohnny Huard; Fiscal Year: 2010..b>ERCC1-XPF protein complex is a highly conserved endonuclease that is required for at least two DNA repair mechanisms: ..
- Regulations of DNA Alkylation/Deamination Damage RepairRabindra Roy; Fiscal Year: 2013..Furthermore, this knowledge will allow us eventually to devise strategies for modulating MPG expression for chemopreventive and therapeutic purposes. ..
- Nam V Vo; Fiscal Year: 2016..We recently discovered from studies using the DNA repair-deficient mouse model of accelerated aging (Ercc1-/? mice) that DNA damage is a key driver of age-related disc PG loss and that NF-?B pathway is important in this ..
- Pradip Raychaudhuri; Fiscal Year: 2014..Also, we will determine potential contribution of DDB2 in sensitizing tumors to chemotherapy. Those studies will be highly relevant in designing therapy against otherwise resistant tumors. ..
- MECHANISM OF DISC PROTEOGLYCAN LOSS IN A MOUSE MODEL OF ACCELERATED AGINGNam V Vo; Fiscal Year: 2011..We recently demonstrated that a mouse model of accelerated aging (Ercc1-/ mice) caused by reduced expression of the DNA repair endonuclease ERCC1-XPF displays considerable disc matrix ..
- Understanding the role of RAD51C complexes in recombination and repairYilun Liu; Fiscal Year: 2012..In addition, our studies also suggest functional interactions of the RAD51C complexes with ERCC1 and the RECQ helicases, both of which were important for processing recombination intermediates and stalled ..
- STRUCTURAL STUDIES OF DNA REPAIR PROTEINSTOM E ELLENBERGER; Fiscal Year: 2011..genetic switch" to shut off the NER pathway in order to explore other diverse functions of the repair endonuclease ERCC1-XPF, and 3) the enzymatic regulation of Sir2, a protein deacetylase with diverse activities, including DNA repair ..
- Coordination of the late steps of human nucleotide excision repairORLANDO D SCHARER; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposal is guided by the hypothesis that the incisions, 5'to the lesion by ERCC1-XPF and 3'to the lesion by XPG, are temporarily and spatially regulated to avoid the formation of deleterious ..
- Phase 0 carboplatin microdosing diagnostics trialPAUL THOMAS HENDERSON; Fiscal Year: 2010..The data will be compared to ERCC1 expression and other biomarkers using the Response Genetics RT-PCR assay as a benchmark...
- MOLECULAR EPIDEMIOLOGY OF DNA REPAIR IN MELANOMAQingyi Wei; Fiscal Year: 2000..in vitro mutagen sensitivity for the levels of expression of four DNA repair genes (XPOC, hMSH2, XRCC1, and ERCC1)...
- DETECTION & REVERSAL OF OVARIAN CANCER DRUG RESISTANCERobert Ozols; Fiscal Year: 1992..of isozymes, and expression of mRNA for enzymes which participate in DNA repair (DNA polymerases alpha and beta, ERCC1 and ERCC2)...
- Molecular Correlates--Oxaliplatin/5FU/XRT, Esophageal CALakshmi Pendyala; Fiscal Year: 2002..The long term objectives are to identify a drug combination for better clinical outcome and to identify molecular parameters predictive for response or resistance. ..
- Prospective Validation of Genomic Signatures of Chemosensitivity in NSCLCHUNTINGTON WILLARD; Fiscal Year: 2010..to respond to cisplatin chemotherapy and also those who will ultimately fail chemotherapy, combining this with ERCC1 status, and finally integrating information from oncogenic pathway analysis can refine the use of a current ..
- The role of NF-kB signaling in AgingJEREMY SCOTT TILSTRA; Fiscal Year: 2010..Preliminary data obtained using a mouse model of accelerated aging caused by reduced repair of DNA damage (Ercc1-/A mice) supports this hypothesis...
- OTHER FUNCTIONS PHASE 0 CARBOPLATIN MICRODOSING DIAGNOSTIC TRIAL.Paul Henderson; Fiscal Year: 2012..The PlatinDx data will be compared to ERCC1 expression using the Response Genetics RT-PCR assay as a benchmark...
- OTHER FUNCTIONS - R&D BIOMEDICAL (BASIC RESEARCH)Paul Henderson; Fiscal Year: 2012..The data will be compared to ERCC1 expression and other biomarkers using the Response Genetics RT-PCR assay as a benchmark...
- RRM1 in the Management of Lung CancerGerold Bepler; Fiscal Year: 2013..We had found that ERCC1 expression was likewise significantly associated with OS and DFS, and these data were recently confirmed in a very ..
- Paul D Robbins; Fiscal Year: 2016..factors secreted by young stem cells, which promote tissue regeneration (Project 3), also detected in the serum of Ercc1-/delta mice chronically treated with an inhibitor of NF-kB (Project 2) or a potent mitochondrial-targeted radical ..
- DNA repair and lg class switchingJanet Stavnezer; Fiscal Year: 2007..Another possibility is supported by data from this group, suggesting that the endonuclease ERCC1/XPF might also have this role...
- MOLECULAR PROGNOSTIC INDICATORS IN COLORECTAL CANCERLeonard Saltz; Fiscal Year: 2000..A panel of putative determinants of response (TP, DPD, p53 mutational status, ERCC1, bcl-2/bax, and topo 1) will be investigated for all patients...
- Correlative Studies for NCI Study #7977: Phase I trial of ABT-888 Plus IrinotecanPatricia LoRusso; Fiscal Year: 2009..a recombinase essential in HR;the tumor suppressor protein BRCA2, a HR mediator;and the excision repair enzyme ERCC1. PARP expression, topoisomerase I expression, and p53 status will also be assessed...
- Molecular cytology of human telomeres-telomere proteinTitia de Lange; Fiscal Year: 2004..TRF2 forms a complex that includes hRapl, the Mrel 1 recombination/repair complex, and the XPF/ERCC1 NER nuclease...
- MOLECULAR PROGNOSTIC INDICATORS IN ESOPHAGEAL CANCERPeter Danenberg; Fiscal Year: 2001..The applicant will investigate the association between intratumoral expressions of thymidylate synthase, ERCC1, thymidine phosphorylase, bcl-2, bax and the p53 mutational status in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma and ..
- SITE SPECIFIC DNA DAMAGE AND GENOMIC INSTABILITY IN MAMMROY SARGENT; Fiscal Year: 2003..3) To investigate the role of the structure-specific nucleases, ERCC1/XPF, XPG, and FEN-1 on processing DNA structures and genomic instability.
- Drug Metabolism, DNA Repair & Second CancersDebra Friedman; Fiscal Year: 2003..Cytochrome P-450 (CYP) CYP2C9, CYP2C19, CYP3A4, thiopurine methyltransferase, methylguanine DNA methyltransferase, ERCC1, XPD, XRCC1, XRCC2, XRCC3, XRCC4 and XRCC5...
- The roles of XPF/ERCC1 complex in DNA repairTadayoshi Bessho; Fiscal Year: 2007DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): A heterodimer protein complex consisting of the XPF and ERCC1 protein is an evolutionally conserved DNA structure specific endonuclease...
- STUDIES OF THE NUCLEOTIDE EXCISION REPAIR PROTEIN XPCMARK BRANUM; Fiscal Year: 2003..The proteins involved in this system are XPC-HR23B, XPA, RPA, TFIIH, XPG, XPF-ERCC1, RFC, PCNA, Pol epsilon or delta and DNA Ligase I...
- DNA Repair and Bladder CancerAngeline Andrew; Fiscal Year: 2004..1) test the hypothesis that genetic variants in the nucleotide excision repair pathway genes (XPD, XPC, XPA, and ERCC1), are associated with increased risk of bladder cancer, and 2) determine whether environmental exposures (arsenic, ..
- MECHANISMS OF RECOMBINATIONAL DNA REPAIRRandy Legerski; Fiscal Year: 2005..These proteins include Ercc1, Xpf, Msh2, Msh3, RPA , and PCNA...
- Pharmacogenetics advanced colorectal cancerHoward McLeod; Fiscal Year: 2004..These aims provide a comprehensive framework for our strategy to provide the first prospective information on the integration of pharmacogenetic information into the selection of therapy for advanced colorectal cancer. ..
- Lung Cancer Chemoradiation: Predictors of SurvivalXifeng Wu; Fiscal Year: 2009..This multivariate prognostic study could have long-term prognostic potential by allowing greater individualization of therapy, based on the genetic makeup of the patient, thereby both increasing efficacy and reducing morbidity. ..
- Genetic Susceptibility Modifiers in Renal Cell CarcinomaXifeng Wu; Fiscal Year: 2007..Such individuals may then be targeted for intervention programs such as chemoprevention or dietary modification. ..
- TUMOR SUPPRESSOR GENES IN HERITABLE MELANOMA MODELSRodney Nairn; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will also (c) exploit cell culture models to investigate mechanisms by which Xmrk2 influences the expression of CDKN2X and other cell cycle regulators in cell culture models. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- FANCONI ANEMIA GENE PATHWAY IN RADIATION RESPONSESLAWRENCE THOMPSON; Fiscal Year: 2004..The results of these studies will lead to more specific models of the nature of the FA protein "pathway" and its quantitative contributions to multiple biological effects associated with IR-mediated oxidative damage. ..
- GENETIC INFLUENCE ON MUTAGEN SENSITIVITY--A TWIN STUDYXifeng Wu; Fiscal Year: 2004..Additionally, these potential biomarkers may ultimately be used to identify individuals who should be targeted for more intense screening programs or behavior modification interventions. ..
- Rectal Cancer: Molecular Markers of Outcome and ToxicityHeinz Josef Lenz; Fiscal Year: 2007..Results from this study may aid in the development of future treatment strategies for patients with rectal cancer. ..
- PROSTATE CANCER IN MEXICANS AMERICANS & AFRICAN AMERICANSara Strom; Fiscal Year: 2003..Understanding how genetic predisposition and exogenous exposures interact to determine prostate cancer susceptibility will allow the development of more effective ethnic-specific prevention strategies. ..
- Molecular Epidemiology of t-MDS/AMLSara Strom; Fiscal Year: 2007..We believe that this study will provide future hypotheses for research into treatment- related malignancies, and may lead to eventual improvements in cancer survivorship. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- DETERMINANTS OF CANCER RISK AND OUTCOME IN GI ONCOLOGYHEINZ LENZ; Fiscal Year: 2004..This proposal will feature three beginning clinicians responsible for three different patient oriented projects taking advantage of our successful program in molecular outcome research. ..
- PHARMACOLOGY OF ANTICANCER DRUGS IN ADVANCED AGEHEINZ LENZ; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- GENETIC ANALYSIS OF NUCLEOTIDE EXCISION REPAIRLAWRENCE THOMPSON; Fiscal Year: 2002..These mechanistic insights will guide future structural studies on ERCC2. ..
- DETERMINANTS OF CLINICAL OUTCOME/TOXICITY IN HISPANICSHEINZ LENZ; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Molecular Epidemiology of Myelodysplastic SyndromesSara Strom; Fiscal Year: 2002..The identification of risk factors associated with the development of MDS is an important health concern, as it could lead to the eventual prevention of this syndrome and consequent reduction in the incidence of AML. ..
- Molecular Analysis-Directed Individualised Therapy in AdGeorge Simon; Fiscal Year: 2005..others suggest that the outcome of patients with lung cancer is closely associated with expression of the genes ERCC1 and RRMI...
- Telomere dysfunction, oxidative damage and breast cancer riskJing Shen; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Repair and Processing of DNA CrosslinksRichard Wood; Fiscal Year: 2007..is to determine whether Y structures that model DNA replication forks or sites of transcription are substrates for ERCC1-XPF...
- Mechanisms of Mitotic RecombinationJEFF JOSEPH SEKELSKY; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies will enhance our understanding of mechanisms of mitotic crossing over and the role that the important tumor suppressor protein BLM plays in preventing mitotic crossing over. ..
- Dietary Cancer Prevention in DNA Repair Deficient MiceLaura Niedernhofer; Fiscal Year: 2007..b>ERCC1-XPF is an endonuclease required for nucleotide excision repair (NER) of bulky lesions on one strand of DNA and the ..
- REPAIR AND RECOMBINATION IN RADIATION SENSITIVE CELLSRodney Nairn; Fiscal Year: 2003..correction and direct-repeat APRT recombination assays will be used to characterize recombination phenotypes of ERCC1- and ERCC4-deficient cell lines...
- DNA Polymerase in Genome Maintenance and TumorigenesisRichard Wood; Fiscal Year: 2006..Using mosaic knockout mice and mice with tissue-specific disruptions of Pol zeta, experiments will be initiated to measure the incidence of spontaneous and induced tumors. ..
- Changes in Tumor DNA Methylation with DecitabineDavid Stewart; Fiscal Year: 2006..This preliminary look at individual genes may provide a molecular rationale for future decitabine therapeutic studies in specific relevant tumor types. ..
- Homologous Recombination & Human Cell RadiosensitivityLAWRENCE THOMPSON; Fiscal Year: 2009..These integrated studies may lead to a more rational basis for cancer radiotherapy and bring'insights into how HRR prevents the initiation of carcihogenesis by endogenous processes and exogenous agents. ..
- Antioxidant Gene Therapy to Treat Diabetic NeuropathyJames Goss; Fiscal Year: 2009..We will test this idea in diabetic mice, if successful; this research could lead to a possible treatment for diabetic neuropathy in humans. ..
- Use of Serum HPV16 DNA as a Marker for Oropharyngeal Cancer RecurrenceErich Sturgis; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Genetic Predictors for DNA Repair Phenotype in CMMQingyi Wei; Fiscal Year: 2008..When the combined NER genotype representing genetic susceptibility to CMM is identified and is confirmed in the general population, it may have a significant impact on primary prevention of CMM. ..
- Markers of Genetic Susceptibility to Bladder CancerXifeng Wu; Fiscal Year: 2008..The ability to rapidly screen individuals for risk, using minimally invasive procedures (blood samples), has immense clinical implication, such as intensive screening and chemopreventive interventions. ..