Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ERC2
Description: ELKS/RAB6-interacting/CAST family member 2
Alias: CAST, CAST1, ELKSL, SPBC110, Spc110, CAZ-associated structural protein, ERC protein 2, cytomatrix protein p110
Publications190 found, 100 shown here
- Physical and functional interaction of the active zone proteins, CAST, RIM1, and Bassoon, in neurotransmitter releaseEtsuko Takao-Rikitsu
KAN Research Institute, Kyoto Research Park, Shimogyo ku, Kyoto 600 8815, Japan
J Cell Biol 164:301-11. 2004We have recently isolated a novel cytomatrix at the active zone (CAZ)-associated protein, CAST, and found it directly binds another CAZ protein RIM1 and indirectly binds Munc13-1 through RIM1; RIM1 and Munc13-1 directly bind to each other ..
- A family of RIM-binding proteins regulated by alternative splicing: Implications for the genesis of synaptic active zonesYun Wang
The Center for Basic Neuroscience and Department of Molecular Genetics, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 9111, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:14464-9. 2002..ERC1a variant that does not bind to RIMs and a shorter ERC1b variant that binds to RIMs, whereas the C terminus of ERC2 is synthesized only in a single RIM-binding variant...
- Cast: a novel protein of the cytomatrix at the active zone of synapses that forms a ternary complex with RIM1 and munc13-1Toshihisa Ohtsuka
KAN Research Institute Inc, Kyoto 600 8815, Japan
J Cell Biol 158:577-90. 2002..We have identified here a novel CAZ protein of approximately 120 kD from rat brain and named it CAST (CAZ-associated structural protein)...
- Leukocyte-specific protein 1 targets the ERK/MAP kinase scaffold protein KSR and MEK1 and ERK2 to the actin cytoskeletonRene E Harrison
Cell Biology Programme, The Hospital for Sick Children Research Institute, Toronto, Ontario, M5G 1X8, Canada
J Cell Sci 117:2151-7. 2004....
- [The impact of cancer on the healing status of patients]E Cortesi
Cattedra di Oncologia Medica, Dipartimento di Medicina Sperimentale e Patologia, Universita La Sapienza, Roma
Tumori 84:S20-3. 1998..on the contents of quality of life can be derived only studying people suffering the specific disease and cast a doubt on the available QL instruments currently used...
- What, if anything, is controversial about calcium antagonists?F H Messerli
Department of Internal Medicine, Ochsner Clinic and Alton Ochsner Medical Foundation, New Orleans, Louisiana 70121, USA
Am J Hypertens 9:177S-181S. 1996..in the post myocardial infarction patient, would paradoxically increase the rate of heart attack and mortality have cast doubts on the safety and efficacy of this drug class...
- [Specific treatment of the acute cerebral infarct. Present and future]J J Muñoz-Torrero
Servicio de Neurologia, Unidad de Ictus, Hospital Universitario La Paz, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Madrid, Espana
Rev Neurol 31:959-82. 2000..Another European study is still underway (ESTAT). With regard to antiaggregants, IST and CAST were done using Aspirin, showing a drop in early recurrences and increase in recoveries, so that aspirin has been ..
- Iliac crest bone grafting and Herbert screw fixation of nonunions of the scaphoid with avascular proximal polesR R Robbins
Department of Orthopaedics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, USA
J Hand Surg Am 20:818-31. 1995..All patients were immobilized after operation in a short-arm thumb spica cast for 3 months and were then allowed active range of motion of their wrists...
- Identification of an Spc110p-related protein in vertebratesA M Tassin
Institut Curie, Section Recherche, UMR 144 du CNRS, Paris, France
J Cell Sci 110:2533-45. 1997..Altogether, these results suggest the existence of an yeast Spc110-related protein in vertebrate centrosomes which is involved in microtubule nucleation.
- Transoral anterior decompression and fusion of chronic irreducible atlantoaxial dislocation with spinal cord compressionB Subin
J Vernon Luck, SR, MD Orthopaedic Research Center, Orthopaedic Hospital of Los Angeles, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 20:1233-40. 1995..Postoperative treatment included skull-cervical biaxial traction, tracheostomy care, nasal feeding, and Minerva cast. RESULTS...
- Quality control by portal film analysis in radiotherapy for prostate cancer: a comparison between two different institutions and treatment techniquesC Italia
Department of Radiation Oncology, Casa di Cura S. Pio X, Milan, Italy
Tumori 84:640-8. 1998..In Institute A, patients were treated in a prone position, utilizing an individualized immobilization cast (either an alpha cradle or a heat and vacuum-formed cellulose acetate cast) with an open table top and individual ..
- Effects of analogues of adenine nucleotides on increases in intracellular calcium mediated by P2T-purinoceptors on human blood plateletsD A Hall
Receptors and Cellular Regulation Research Group, School of Biological Sciences, University of Surrey, Guildford
Br J Pharmacol 108:728-33. 1993..These findings cast further doubt on the use of the affinity reagent 5'-fluorosulphonylbenzoyladenosine (FSBA) as an antagonist and ..
- Protein adsorption onto poly(ether urethane ureas) containing Methacrol 2138F: a surface-active amphiphilic additiveM R Brunstedt
Department of Macromolecular Science, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44106
J Biomed Mater Res 27:255-67. 1993..formulations loaded with Methacrol 2138F were more hydrophobic than was the air side of base PEUUs when films were cast from dimethylacetamide...
- [Management of patients with risk of sudden death. The amiodarone example]J Djian
Sanofi Winthrop, Gentilly
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 87:67-74. 1994..Since the publication of the CAST study, the arrhythmia hypothesis, according to which the suppression of asymptomatic arrhythmias would decrease ..
- The histopathology of kidney changes in rats and monkeys following intravenous administration of massive doses of FCE 26184, human basic fibroblast growth factorG Mazue
Farmitalia Carlo Erba, R and D Toxicology Department, Nerviano Milano, Italy
Toxicol Pathol 21:490-501. 1993..in the kidneys that included enlargement, vacuolation, and karyomegaly of podocytes in glomeruli, dilatation and cast formation in tubules, thickening of the media in the lobular arteries, and hyperplasia of the epithelium of the ..
- Can cast immobilization successfully treat scapholunate dissociation associated with distal radius fractures?J B Tang
Hand Surgery Center, Nantong Medical College, Jiangsu, China
J Hand Surg Am 21:583-90. 1996..study indicates that scapholunate dissociation with concomitant fractures of the distal radius cannot be cured by cast immobilization of the fracture...
- A spacer protein in the Saccharomyces cerevisiae spindle poly body whose transcript is cell cycle-regulatedJ V Kilmartin
MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, England
J Cell Biol 123:1175-84. 1993..against the 110-kD component of the yeast spindle pole body (SPB) were used to clone the corresponding gene SPC110. SPC110 is identical to NUF1 (Mirzayan, C., C. S. Copeland, and M. Synder. 1992. J. Cell Biol. 116:1319-1332)...
- Enzyme-based biosensor as a selective detection unit in column liquid chromatographyG Marko-Varga
Department of Analytical Chemistry, University of Lund, Sweden
J Chromatogr A 660:153-67. 1994..Different membranes were cast or electropolymerized directly on the surface of the electrode to increase the long-term stability of the biosensor...
- The wear of ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene sliding on metallic and ceramic counterfaces representative of current femoral surfaces in joint replacementJ G Lancaster
Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Leeds
Proc Inst Mech Eng H 211:17-24. 1997..The biomaterials investigated as the counterface material included stainless steel, cast cobalt chrome (CoCr), CoCr (ASTM F799), alumina ceramic and zirconia ceramic...
- Reversed-phase electrochromatography of amino acids and peptides using porous polymer monolithsR Shediac
Chemical and Radiation Detection Laboratories, Sandia National Laboratories, Livermore, CA 94551-0969, USA
J Chromatogr A 925:251-63. 2001..The rigid monoliths are cast-to-shape and are tunable for charge and hydrophobicity...
- Wrist arthrodesis using an embedded iliac crest bone graftE Lenoble
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology, , , France
J Hand Surg Br 18:595-600. 1993..No fixation device is used. A short-arm cast is applied for 2 to 3 months. All arthrodeses except two fused within 3 months...
- [Clinical manifestation and patho-typing of biliary cast syndrome in patients after orthotopic liver transplantation]Xiao Dan Zhu
Institute of Liver Transplantation, General Hospital of Chinese Armed Police Forces, Beijing 100039, China
Zhonghua Wai Ke Za Zhi 46:728-32. 2008To summarize the Patho-typing and the clinical manifestation of biliary cast syndrome (BCS) in patients after orthotopic liver transplantation.
- Long-term survival of cast-gold inlays in a specialized dental practiceH Erpenstein
Department of Preclinical Dentistry, University of Cologne, Germany
Clin Oral Investig 5:162-6. 2001..0% (+/- 45.3) of one-surface inlays, 64.3 (+/- 7.5) of two-surface inlays, 75.8% (+/- 7.6) of three-surface inlays, and 84.8% (+/- 5.4) of inlays with more than three surfaces were still in situ after 25 years...
- Treatment of supracondylar humerus fractures in children: minimal possible duration of immobilizationS Vuckov
Department of Pediatric Surgery, University Hospital Center, University of Rijeka, Croatia
Coll Antropol 25:255-62. 2001..Three (2.4%) patients had no displacement of fractured bones and were treated only with plaster cast immobilization. Twenty three (18.1%) underwent closed reduction of fragments and application of a plaster cast...
- Computer-assisted minimally invasive treatment of osteochondrosis dissecans of the talusRalf Ernst Rosenberger
Universitätsklinik für Unfallchirurgie und Sporttraumatologie, Medizinische Universität Innsbruck MUI, Innsbruck, Osterreich
Oper Orthop Traumatol 18:300-16. 2006....
- Siloxane-based biocatalytic films and paints for use as reactive coatingsY Kim
Department of Chemical Engineering, University of California, Berkeley, California 94720, USA
Biotechnol Bioeng 72:475-82. 2001..immobilized by either sol-gel entrapment or by covalent attachment into a polydimethylsiloxane (PDMS) matrix and cast into thin films or incorporated into an oil-based paint formulation...
- Comparison of titanium elastic nails with traction and a spica cast to treat femoral fractures in childrenJohn M Flynn
Division of Orthopaedics, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, 34th and Civic Center Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA 19104 4399, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 86:770-7. 2004..the risks and benefits of this procedure compared with those of traditional traction and application of a spica cast. This prospective cohort study was designed to evaluate these two methods of treatment, with a specific focus on ..
- Interaction of baseline characteristics with the hazard of encainide, flecainide, and moricizine therapy in patients with myocardial infarction. A possible explanation for increased mortality in the Cardiac Arrhythmia Suppression Trial (CAST)J L Anderson
University of Utah, LDS Hospital, Salt Lake City 84143
Circulation 90:2843-52. 1994The Cardiac Arrhythmia Suppression Trial (CAST) was designed to test the hypothesis that suppression of ventricular ectopy with antiarrhythmic drugs after a myocardial infarction reduces the incidence of sudden arrhythmic death...
- [Botulinum toxin for postoperative care after limb surgery in cerebral palsy children]B Dohin
Service de Chirurgie Pediatrique, Hopital Edouard Herriot, Hospices Civils de Lyon, 69437 Lyon Cedex 03
Rev Chir Orthop Reparatrice Appar Mot 93:674-81. 2007..Moreover, symptoms can be worsened by abnormal movements, cast immobilization or anxiety. Spasticity must therefore be treated after surgery in CP children...
- Clinical evaluation of carbon fiber reinforced carbon endodontic post, glass fiber reinforced post with cast post and core: A one year comparative clinical studyGa Preethi
Department of Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics, Government Dental College and Research Institute, Bangalore 560 002, India
J Conserv Dent 11:162-7. 2008..This clinical study compares two different varieties of fiber posts and one cast post and core in terms of mobility of crown margin under finger pressure, recurrent caries detected at the crown ..
- Seat belt fracture with late development of an enterocolic fistula in a child. A case reportM Letts
Division of Pediatric Orthopaedics, Children s Hospital of Eastern Ontario, University of Ottawa, Canada
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 24:1151-5. 1999..RESULTS: The subtle and prolonged symptomatology of this lesion and its similarity to a cast syndrome is emphasized...
- Effect of pressure of helium, argon, krypton, and xenon on the porosity, microstructure, and mechanical properties of commercially pure titanium castingsS Zinelis
Research Center for Biomaterials, Athens, Greece
J Prosthet Dent 84:575-82. 2000..Porosity is a frequently observed casting defect in dental titanium alloys...
- [Controlled randomized clinical trials]Patrice Jaillon
Pharmacologie, Hôpital Saint Antoine AP HP et Faculté de Médecine Pierre et Marie Curie
Bull Acad Natl Med 191:739-56; discussion 756-8. 2007..Practitioners' intimate convictions must be challenged by the results of controlled clinical trials. Take the CAST trial for example, which, in 1989, tested antiarrhythmic drugs versus placebo in patients with myocardial ..
- Early dynamic motion versus postoperative immobilization in patients with extensor indicis proprius transfer to restore thumb extension: a prospective randomized studyG Germann
Department of Hand, Plastic, and Reconstructive Surgery, Burn Center, BG Trauma Center Ludwigshafen, Germany
J Hand Surg Am 26:1111-5. 2001..Ten patients of each group had the thumb immobilized in an extension thumb spica cast for 3 weeks after surgery or underwent an early dynamic motion protocol...
- Scaphoid fracture displacement with forearm rotation in a short-arm thumb spica castS A Kaneshiro
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI, USA
J Hand Surg Am 24:984-91. 1999..scaphoid waist fracture was measured during dynamic forearm pronation and supination in a short-arm thumb spica cast with and without applied tendon loads...
- Effects of tooth preparation burs and luting cement types on the marginal fit of extracoronal restorationsMohamed F Ayad
Section of Restorative Dentistry, Prosthodontics, and Endodontics, College of Dentistry, University of Tanta, Egypt
J Prosthodont 18:145-51. 2009Although surface roughness of axial walls could contribute to precision of a cast restoration, it is unclear how the roughness of tooth preparation affects marginal fit of the restoration in clinical practice...
- Pain mitigation after band castration of beef calves and its effects on performance, behavior, Escherichia coli, and salivary cortisolL A Gonzalez
Agriculture and Agri Food Canada, Lethbridge Research Centre, Lethbridge, Alberta T1J 4B1, Canada
J Anim Sci 88:802-10. 2010..randomly assigned to a 2 x 2 factorial arrangement of treatments to study the effect of sham or band castration (CAST) with or without pain medication (MED) on performance, behavior, cortisol, and Escherichia coli shedding...
- [Intermediary and substitution criteria in the development of anti-arrhythmia agents]M Lievre
Unite de Pharmacologie Clinique, Lyon
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 84:27-33. 1991..infarction can only be beneficial, has been queried by the results of the Cardiac Arrhythmia Suppression Trial (CAST) which showed increased mortality in two treatment groups...
- The effect of a plaster cast on lumbosacral joint motion. An in vivo assessment with precision motion analysis systemP C Willems
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Sint Maartenskliniek, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 22:1229-34. 1997STUDY DESIGN: This study was conducted to assess the effect of a plaster cast on the mobility of the lumbosacral joint in 10 patients with chronic low back pain...
- The phosphorylation state of the 110 kDa component of the yeast spindle pole body shows cell cycle dependent regulationD A Stirling
Department of Biochemistry, University of Dundee, United Kingdom
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 222:236-42. 1996The 110 kDa component of the yeast spindle pole body (SPB) encoded by the SPC110/NUF1 gene is an essential protein which is important for the generation of a functional mitotic spindle in the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae...
- [Anticoagulation and antiaggregation: implication in the acute phase of stroke following IST, CAST, TOAST, FISS and FISS bis]J J Muñoz-Torrero
Servicio de Neurologia, Hospital Universitario La Paz, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Espana
Rev Neurol 29:769-80. 1999..One of the therapeutic strategies in the acute phase of cerebral ischaemia is the use of antiaggregants and anticoagulants...
- [What remains of anti-arrhythmia drugs?]S Levy
Service de cardiologie, Hopital Nord, Marseille
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 86:1501-5. 1993..It has underlined the complexity of the mechanism of action of antiarrhythmic therapy. The CAST study has shown that the use of antiarrhythmic therapy following a myocardial infarction may not be safe...
- The influence of open leaflet geometry on the haemodynamic flow characteristics of polyurethane trileaflet artificial heart valvesJ Corden
Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Leeds
Proc Inst Mech Eng H 210:273-87. 1996..The film-fabricated valve was constructed from solvent-cast sheets of polyurethane, thermally formed into the correct leaflet geometry...
- [Methodology in clinical trials of anti-arrhythmia agents in ventricular arrhythmias. Analysis and perspective following results of the CAST study]P Jaillon
, , Paris
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 84:35-40. 1991The results of the Cardiac Arrhythmia Suppression Trial (CAST) have not finished modifying the methodology and strategy of development of new antiarrhythmic agents for the treatment of ventricular arrhythmias...
- The effect of an age-related hearing loss gene (Ahl) on noise-induced hearing loss and cochlear damage from low-frequency noiseGary W Harding
Department of Otolaryngology, Box 8115, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Hear Res 204:90-100. 2005..Assoc. Res. Otolaryngol. 2 (2001) 233]. Johnson et al. [Hear. Res. 114 (1997) 83] developed a congenic B6.CAST-+Ahl mouse which carries the wild-type allele from Mus musculus castaneus at the Ahl locus...
- Use of CD63 expression as marker of in vitro basophil activation in identifying the culprit in insect venom allergyB Eberlein-König
Department of Dermatology and Allergy Biederstein, Technical University Munich Division Environmental Dermatology and Allergology GSF TUM, Neuherberg Munich, Germany
J Investig Allergol Clin Immunol 14:10-6. 2004..In cases with contradictory test results additional cellular tests are recommended...
- Functional restoration. Returning patients with chronic low back pain to work--revolution or fad?R W Teasell
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, University Hospital, London, Ontario, Canada
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 21:844-7. 1996..A review was performed to assess the basis for functional restoration programs in returning patients with chronic low back pain to work...
- Inhibition of bacterial alpha-glucosidases by castanospermine in pure cultures and activated sludgeN Mustafa
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Goteborg University, P O Box 462, 40530 Goteborg, Sweden
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 59:68-71. 2002Castanospermine (CAST) is a known and potent inhibitor of various alpha-glucosidases in eukaryotes...
- Failure of cast immobilization for thumb ulnar collateral ligament avulsion fracturesM Dinowitz
Department of Orthopaedics, University of Washington, Harborview Medical Center, Seattle, WA, USA
J Hand Surg Am 22:1057-63. 1997..0 mm) displacement can successfully be treated by cast immobilization, the authors reviewed 9 patients with minimally displaced fractures initially treated by casting...
- The effect of kinematic conditions on the wear of ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene (UHMWPE) in orthopaedic bearing applicationsG B Cornwall
Marco Pore, San Diego, California, USA
Proc Inst Mech Eng H 215:95-106. 2001..All static load tests used cast Co-Cr alloy and irradiated Chirulen UHMWPE in a 37 degrees C environment lubricated with bovine serum albumin...
- Elective ventilation of potential organ donorsH Riad
Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital
BMJ 310:714-5. 1995..Recently doubt has been cast on the legality of our practice of elective ventilation on the grounds that relatives are not permitted to consent ..
- Power staple fixation in trapeziometacarpal arthrodesisR J Caputo
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030
J Hand Surg Am 18:926-9. 1993..Short arm thumb spica cast immobilization was maintained for an average of 8 weeks, followed by part-time splintage for 6-12 weeks...
- Corono-radicular reconstruction of pulpless teeth: a mechanical study using finite element analysisLaurent Pierrisnard
Faculty of Dental Surgery, University of Paris V, Montrouge, France
J Prosthet Dent 88:442-8. 2002..The likelihood of a fracture depends on the condition of the crown and the type of reconstruction performed...
- Scapholunate ligament reconstruction using a bone-retinaculum-bone autograftA P Weiss
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Brown University School of Medicine, Rhode Island Hospital, Providence, USA
J Hand Surg Am 23:205-15. 1998..The SL interval was reduced and pinned for 8 weeks with cast immobilization. The follow-up period averaged 3.6 years (minimum, 24 months)...
- [Role of antiarrhythmics in the post-infarction period]S Dinanian
Service de cardiologie, , Clamart
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 93:65-9. 2000..Class I antiarrhythmics, though, should be proscribed after the results of the CAST studies: these antiarrhythmics are effective on ventricular arrhythmias but do not improve the prognosis because of ..
- [Madrid adaptation of the Wisconsin card sorting test: a comparative study of internal consistency]J A Periáñez
Departamento Psicología Básica II Universidad Complutense de Madrid Facultad de Psicología, Madrid, 28223, Espana
Rev Neurol 33:611-8. 2001WCST (Wisconsin Card Sorting Test) is still a widely used neuropsychological test for evaluation of disorders of the frontal lobes. Recent studies have cast doubt on the validity of WCST as a marker for frontal dysfunction.
- Surface detail, compressive strength, and dimensional accuracy of gypsum casts after repeated immersion in hypochlorite solutionMohammed Aleem Abdullah
Department of Prosthetic Dental Sciences, College of Dentistry, King Saud University, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
J Prosthet Dent 95:462-8. 2006One method used to disinfect a dental cast is immersion in a disinfecting solution. Repeated immersion of a cast in disinfectant may affect surface detail as well as other physical properties.
- Salvage reconstruction with vascularized fibular strut graft fusion using posterior approach in the treatment of severe spondylolisthesisA M Meyers
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 26:1820-4. 2001..After the procedure the patient was placed in a hip spica cast. RESULTS: At the 2-year follow-up the patient has incorporation of the graft, with no evidence of fracture and no ..
- Interaction of ischaemia and encainide/flecainide treatment: a proposed mechanism for the increased mortality in CAST IH M Greenberg
Division of Cardiology, St Luke s Roosevelt Hospital, New York, NY 10019, USA
Br Heart J 74:631-5. 1995To determine whether an interaction between encainide or flecainide and intercurrent ischaemia could account for the observed increase in cardiac and sudden deaths in the study group in the Cardiac Arrhythmia Suppression Trial (CAST) I.
- Seizure-induced lumbar burst fractureJ A Youssef
Department of Surgery, Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, New Hampshire, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 20:1301-3. 1995..Initial treatment using a Risser cast was unsuccessful, and the patient subsequently underwent posterior spine fusion with Cotrel-Dubousset segmental ..
- Cultivation of the third-stage larvae of Necator americanus in vitroH Hata
Department of Parasitology, Chiba University School of Medicine, Japan
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 86:157-62. 1992..In this medium, most of the filariform larvae cast off the second sheath and developed into third-stage larvae with provisional buccal capsules and some larvae ..
- In vitro determination of the curvatures and bending strains acting on the leaflets of polyurethane trileaflet heart valves during leaflet motionJ Corden
Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Leeds
Proc Inst Mech Eng H 209:243-53. 1995..Valves manufactured using a dip-casting technique resulted in open leaflet bending strains up to 31 per cent lower than valves manufactured from solvent-cast sheets of polyurethane.
- Prediction of secondary displacement in Colles' fractureL M Hove
Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, Haukeland University Hospital, Norway
J Hand Surg Br 19:731-6. 1994..The mean shortening of the radius during plaster-cast treatment was 3 mm, and the mean increase of dorsal angulation was 7 degrees...
- Psychophysiological parameters of migraine and muscle-contraction headachesK L Lichstein
Department of Psychology, Memphis State University, Tennessee 38152
Headache 31:27-34. 1991..Self-reported pain was uncorrelated with the psychophysiological indices. These results cast further doubt on the validity of the psychophysiological measures employed in this study, the same ones routinely ..
- Radiocarpal dislocations: classification and proposal for treatment. A review of twenty-seven casesC Dumontier
Institut de la Main, Paris, France
J Bone Joint Surg Am 83:212-8. 2001..There have been only two reported series of more than eight patients. Thus, there are many questions concerning treatment and functional results...
- A comparison of two methods of removing zinc oxide-eugenol provisional cement residue from the internal surface of cast restorationsRamin Mosharraf
Department of Prosthodontics, School of Dentistry, Isfahan University of Medical Sciences, Isfahan, Iran
J Contemp Dent Pract 10:27-34. 2009Remnants of provisional cement on the internal surface of cast restorations can have an adverse effect on the performance of the definitive luting agent...
- Modeling the investment casting of a titanium crownR C Atwood
Department of Materials, Imperial College London, London, UK
Dent Mater 23:60-70. 2007..The model should also be validated by comparison of macro- and micro-defects found in a typical investment cast titanium tooth crown.
- Influence of recasting palladium-silver alloy on the fit of crowns with different marginal configurationsMurilo B Lopes
Department of Operative Dentistry, Dentistry School of Piracicaba, State University of Campinas, Piracicaba, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Prosthet Dent 94:430-4. 2005Dental laboratories may occasionally recast previously cast dental alloy to produce a prosthesis, but this process may have a negative influence on marginal adaptation.
- Comparison of the bond strength of laser-sintered and cast base metal dental alloys to porcelainTolga Akova
Department of Prosthodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, Cukurova University 01330 Balcali, Adana, Turkey
Dent Mater 24:1400-4. 2008The purpose of this study was to compare shear bond strengths of cast Ni-Cr and Co-Cr alloys and the laser-sintered Co-Cr alloy to dental porcelain.
- Laser digitization of casts to determine the effect of tray selection and cast formation technique on accuracyMary E Brosky
Division of Prosthodontics, Department of Restorative Sciences, School of Dentistry, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis 55455, USA
J Prosthet Dent 87:204-9. 2002..determine the ideal combination of dental materials and laboratory techniques to produce the most accurate dental cast. Most have made use of 2-dimensional manual measuring devices, which neglect to account for the dimensional changes ..
- The Cardiac Arrhythmia Suppression Trial: first CAST ... then CAST-IIH L Greene
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle
J Am Coll Cardiol 19:894-8. 1992The Cardiac Arrhythmia Suppression Trial (CAST) was a study designed to test the hypothesis that suppression of ventricular premature complexes after a myocardial infarction would improve survival...
- Fractures of the distal radius and scaphoidJ Oskam
Department of Surgery, Academic Hospital, University of Groningen, The Netherlands
J Hand Surg Br 21:772-4. 1996..An extraarticular distal radial fracture was observed in 15 wrists. A below elbow cast including the thumb was applied in 18 wrists for a mean duration of 9 weeks, and operative treatment was used in ..
- Gait analysis of children treated for clubfoot with physical therapy or the Ponseti cast techniqueRon El-Hawary
Division of Pediatric Orthopaedics, Isaac Walton Killam Health Centre, 5850 University Avenue, P O Box 9700, Halifax, NS B3K 6R8, Canada
J Bone Joint Surg Am 90:1508-16. 2008Currently, clubfoot is initially treated with nonoperative methods including the Ponseti cast technique and the French functional physical therapy program. Our goal was to evaluate the function of children treated with these techniques.
- Can the use of a terminal device augment plantar pressure reduction with a total contact cast?Raja Dhalla
Washington University Barnes Jewish Hospital, St Louis, MO, USA
Foot Ankle Int 24:500-5. 2003..The purpose of this study was to determine if terminal cast devices (cast shoes and heels) significantly affect the amount of plantar pressure reduction when used with a total ..
- Closed reduction of spondylolisthesis. An experience in 22 patientsD S Bradford
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 13:580-7. 1988..Postoperatively, two patients were immobilized in an ambulatory extension brace, 15 patients in a body cast incorporating one thigh, and five patients in a body cast incorporating Hoffman iliac pins and lumbar spinous ..
- The halo-Milwaukee brace. Case series of a revived techniqueD H Godfried
Shriners Hospitals for Crippled Children, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 24:2273-7. 1999..of the neck and upper thorax can be achieved with cervical orthoses, cervicothoracic lumbar orthosis, halo cast, Minerva jacket, or halo vest...
- Atypical varicella exanthems associated with skin injuryT H Belhorn
Division of Pediatric Infectious Diseases, University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston
Pediatr Dermatol 11:129-32. 1994..a neonate had iatrogenic trauma to her arm, and a 13-year-old boy underwent knee arthroscopy and was wearing a cast. It is postulated that such injuries to the skin either allowed more virus-infected cells to enter the skin at the ..
- Nefazodone and REM sleep: how do antidepressant drugs decrease REM sleep?G Vogal
Sleep Research Laboratory, Inc, Atlanta, GA USA
Sleep 21:70-7. 1998..Since N is a potent serotonin reuptake blocker, the present findings that N had no effect on REM sleep cast doubt on the hypothesis that antidepressant drugs decrease REM sleep by increasing serotonergic neurotransmission...
- Cardiac paraprotein associated with Waldenstrom's macroglobulinemia: a case reportR L Yowell
LDS Hospital Electron Microscopy Laboratory, Salt Lake City, Utah
Ultrastruct Pathol 18:229-32. 1994..light microscopy revealed diffuse widening of interstitial regions by pale eosinophilic material that had a grayish cast on trichrome stains and was Congo red negative...
- Electrochemical characterization of cast titanium alloysZhuo Cai
Baylor College of Dentistry, Texas A and M University System Health Science Center, 3302 Gaston Avenue, Dallas, TX 75246, USA
Biomaterials 24:213-8. 2003A reaction layer forms on cast titanium alloy surfaces due to the reaction of the molten metal with the investment. This surface layer may affect the corrosion of the alloy in the oral environment...
- Comparison of Ponseti and Kite's method of treatment for idiopathic clubfootRaju Rijal
Department of Orthopedics, BPKIHS, Dharan, Nepal
Indian J Orthop 44:202-7. 2010The manipulation and corrective cast application for club foot was known to be done by Kite's method...
- Effect of cement selection and finishing technique on marginal opening of cast gold inlaysCharles V Farrell
Department of Restorative Dentistry, School of Dentistry, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98225 4035, USA
J Prosthet Dent 99:287-92. 2008The standard cement for partial-veneer cast gold restorations has been zinc phosphate...
- Arthrodesis as an early alternative to nonoperative management of charcot arthropathy of the diabetic footS R Simon
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Beth Israel Medical Center, New York, NY 10128, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 82:939-50. 2000..the standard treatment of stage-I Charcot arthropathy is the application of a non-weight-bearing total-contact cast. Although this treatment can be effective for allowing a patient to walk without undergoing an operation, a ..
- Allograft bone use during instrumentation and fusion in the treatment of adolescent idiopathic scoliosisJ S Blanco
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, University of Virginia Health Sciences Center, Charlottesivlle, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 22:1338-42. 1997..Studies in the pediatric population have been more favorable but in idiopathic cases have used cast or brace immobilization with Harrington instrumentation...
- Failure of trapeziometacarpal arthrodesis with use of the Herbert screw and limited immobilizationD A Clough
Division of Orthopedic Surgery, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030
J Hand Surg Am 15:706-11. 1990..9 mm Herbert screw for internal fixation. Thumb spica cast immobilization was maintained for an average of 8 weeks, followed by thumb spica orthoplast splintage on a part ..
- Above and below-the-elbow plaster casts for distal forearm fractures in children. A randomized controlled trialEric R Bohm
University of Manitoba Joint Replacement Group, Concordia General Hospital, 1095 Concordia Avenue, Winnipeg, MB R2K 3S8, Canada
J Bone Joint Surg Am 88:1-8. 2006....
- Impact of manufacturing technology and material composition on the surface characteristics of hydrogel contact lensesCarole Maldonado-Codina
Eurolens Research, Faculty of Life Sciences, The University of Manchester, Moffat Building, PO Box 88, Manchester, M60 1QD, United Kingdom
Clin Exp Optom 88:396-404. 2005..Our aim was to investigate the impact of manufacturing method and material composition on the surface characteristics of hydrogel contact lenses...
- Cognitive strategies versus self-management skills as adjunct to vocational rehabilitationRoland Vauth
Research Group of Cognitive Behavioral Intervention for Schizophrenia, Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University Hospital of Freiburg, Germany
Schizophr Bull 31:55-66. 2005..Therefore, two cognitive-behavioral group therapies were developed-computer-assisted cognitive strategy training (CAST) and training of self-management skills for negative symptoms (TSSN)-to target these barriers to rehabilitation ..
- The "Amex" cast aluminum denture of World War IJ M Hyson
Baltimore College of Dental Surgery, Dental School, University of Maryland, 31 South Greene Street, Baltimore, Maryland, 21201-1504, USA
J Hist Dent 49:89-91. 2001..James Baxter Bean, the Confederate dental surgeon who established the first military maxillofacial hospital trauma ward in Atlanta, Georgia, during the American Civil War--the cast aluminum wartime denture.
- Three cast techniques for the treatment of extra-articular metacarpal fractures. Comparison of short-term outcomes and final fracture alignmentsJeff Tavassoli
Bone and Joint Sports Medicine Institute, Charette Health Sciences Center, 620 John Paul Jones Circle, Portsmouth, VA 23708, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 87:2196-201. 2005..is that the metacarpophalangeal joint should be immobilized in a position of flexion, alternative methods for cast immobilization have been described...
- Effect of heat treatment on mechanical properties of age-hardenable gold alloy at intraoral temperatureI Watanabe
Department of Fixed Prosthodontics, Nagasaki University, School of Dentistry, 1 7 1 Sakamoto, Nagasaki 852 8588, Japan
Dent Mater 17:388-93. 2001..The aim of this study was to investigate the effect of various heat treatments on the mechanical properties of gold alloys capable of age-hardening at intraoral temperature...
- The effects of postoperative continuous passive motion on peripheral nerve repair and regeneration. An experimental investigation in rabbitsH K Kim
Hospital for Sick Children Research Institute, Toronto, Canada
J Hand Surg Br 23:594-7. 1998..Half of the animals were treated with cast immobilization and the rest with 70 degrees arc CPM. Both treatments were discontinued on day 14...
- Isolated spinous process deviation. A pitfall in the interpretation of AP radiographs of the lumbar spineJ P van Schaik
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, University Hospital Utrecht, The Netherlands
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 14:970-6. 1989..Since the oval shadow cast by the spinous process in AP radiographs is caused by its tip, rather than by its base (as was demonstrated by in ..
- Cerebral cast angiography as an aid to medicolegal autopsies in cases of death after adult cardiac surgeryE Saimanen
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Finland
Int J Legal Med 114:163-8. 2001..In order to reveal cerebral pathology associated with a fatal outcome after cardiac surgery, we re-evaluated the cast angiographs and medico-legal autopsy documents of 144 adult cardiac surgery subjects over a 7-year period...
- Cellular in vitro assays in the diagnosis of Hymenoptera venom allergyK Scherer
Allergy Unit, Department of Dermatology, University Hospital Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 146:122-32. 2008..Sometimes, the culprit insect remains unidentified. The usefulness of the cellular assays CAST-ELISA and Flow-CAST in the management of hymenoptera venom allergy was investigated.
- Retention of cast crown copings cemented to implant abutmentsJ E Dudley
Faculty of Health Sciences, School of Dentistry, The University of Adelaide, South Australia
Aust Dent J 53:332-9. 2008..This study investigated the influence of compressive cyclic loading on the physical retention of cast crown copings cemented to implant abutments.
- Clinical outcome of the altered cast impression procedure compared with use of a one-piece castRichard P Frank
Department of Prosthodontics, School of Dentistry, University of Washington, Seattle, 98195 7452, USA
J Prosthet Dent 91:468-76. 2004An altered cast impression procedure to improve the support of distal extension removable partial dentures is widely taught, but not often used in dental practice.
- Compositional stability and marginal accuracy of complete cast crowns made with as-received and recast type III gold alloyMohamed F Ayad
Section of Restorative Dentistry, Prosthodontics, and Endodontics, College of Dentistry, University of Tanta, Tanta, Egypt
J Prosthet Dent 87:162-6. 2002..The effect of combining new and recast metal on the compositional stability of the alloy used and accuracy of the final restoration is not known...
- Surface and elemental alterations of dental alloys induced by electro discharge machining (EDM)Spiros Zinelis
Department of Biomaterials, School of Dentistry, University of Athens, Thivon 2, Goudi 115 27, Athens, Greece
Dent Mater 23:601-7. 2007To evaluate the surface and elemental alterations induced by electro discharge machining (EDM) on the surface of dental cast alloys used for the fabrication of implant retained meso- and super-structures.
- Ozone-induced acute pulmonary injury in inbred mouse strainsJordan D Savov
Department of Medicine, Duke University Medical Center and VA Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 31:69-77. 2004..of nine genetically diverse inbred strains of mice (C57BL/6J, 129/SvIm, BTBR, BALB/cJ, DBA/2J, A/J, FVB/NJ, CAST/Ei, and C3H/HeJ) exposed to O3 (2.0 ppm x 3 h)...
- An in vitro comparison of cast metal dowel retention using various luting agents and tensile loadingH Zeynep Ertugrul
School of Dental Medicine, Department of Prosthodontics, University of Pittsburg, Pittsburg, PA 15261, USA
J Prosthet Dent 93:446-52. 2005No clear consensus exists regarding the choice of luting agents for the retention of cast metal dowels used as a treatment alternative for endodontically treated teeth with excessive loss of coronal tooth structure.
- Fabrication of Denture Frameworks Using Titanium AlloysMarie Koike; Fiscal Year: 2010..The three aims of the study are: 1) to determine the feasibility of fabricating sound removable denture frameworks cast from titanium alloys;2) to evaluate the retentive force and the attenuation of the retentive force of the clasp ..
- CASTABILITY QUANTIFICATION BY IMAGE ANALYSISStephen Cohen; Fiscal Year: 1991..castability characteristics in dental alloys are critical for the consistent production of sound, well fitting cast restorations without the necessity of frequent costly and time consuming remakes...
- HYALURONIC ACID/TGF-B COMPOSITE TO TREAT OSTEOARTHRITISSTEVEN KINCAID; Fiscal Year: 1991..A fifth group of 4 dogs will serve as untreated controls. On day 56, the cast will be replaced with casts containing injection portals...
- DIABETIC FOOT ULCER DEVICEPAUL BUREK; Fiscal Year: 2000..In other words, TCCs are clinically-effective, but not cost-effective. RBDC proposes to develop the Fast Cast (FC)- a reusable, easy-to-apply, adjust and remove, ulcer healing system with the efficacy of TCC's...
- Dental Cast Titanium-Ceramic BondingZhuo Cai; Fiscal Year: 2003..Because of its active nature, melted titanium reacts with investment materials to form a reaction structure on the cast titanium surface, which prevents strong titanium-ceramic bonding...
- Pulmonary Formulation of tPA for Plastic BronchitisKathleen A Stringer; Fiscal Year: 2010..aims will be tested: 1) To prove pf-tPA effectiveness in PB by identifying a range of concentrations that reduce cast mass. We will acquire casts from a cohort of University of Michigan pediatric PB patients...
- Genetics of Sagg: A Heritable Mouse Model for Cutis LaxaPaul Christner; Fiscal Year: 2004..In Specific Alm I we will obtain Sagg N2 mice from an intersubspecific backcross of (1231-1/140Sagg/+ x CAST/ei)Fl x CAST/ci and construct a fine-map of the recombination events between the molecular markers, DIMU232 and ..
- Role of Macrophage Activation in Carotid Plaque InstabilityMichelle R Lennartz; Fiscal Year: 2010..b>Cast and cuffs will be implanted in Apo E-/- mice expressing activating or inhibitory Fc?R...
- Novel Freeze-Cast Bioactive Glass Scaffolds for Bone RepairMOHAMED RAHAMAN; Fiscal Year: 2009..The repair and regeneration of large defects in load-bearing bones require the design and development of porous implants having the right combination of mechanical, structural, and biological characteristics. ..
- A Revolutionary Therapy for Atherosclerosis: Liquid Cast Arterial StentsGuillermo A Ameer; Fiscal Year: 2010..Thus, our hypothesis is that a liquid cast NO-eluting biodegradable PDC stent will have superior patency rates compared to conventional bare metal stents ..
- International Conference on Occupational Voice ResearchJohn Nix; Fiscal Year: 2007..Conference proceedings will be disseminated through a live web cast of the conference and through a website which will feature text versions of abstracts, streaming videos of ..
- Diabetic Foot Ulcer Healing by Load Relieving DressingsJoseph Loomis; Fiscal Year: 2006..Usual care" heals typically only about 30% of ulcers in 20 weeks, yet a total contact cast (TCC) can heal > 90% of ulcers in an average of 8 weeks...
- Rapid, Universal, Low Cost Automated Genomic DNA Purification from Micro SamplesWILLIAM MACCONNELL; Fiscal Year: 2009..separation of genomic DNA from total cell lysate in a sampleprocessing cassette that has sections of agarose cast on either side of sample loading wells...
- CENTER FOR STRUCTURAL BIOLOGYVernon Reinhold; Fiscal Year: 2003This proposal describes three interrelated Core activities (Proteomics, Bioinformatics, Outreach) that have been cast bo build a multi- disciplinary research team to address the next, more challenging phase of genomics, how gene products ..
- DETERMINANTS OF COMPENSATORY SLEEP PHENOTYPE IN MICEWilliam Dement; Fiscal Year: 2002..stimulant interactions with sleep homeostasis in mice with null mutations of the dopamine transporter allele and in Cast/Ei mice...