Genomes and Genes
eosinophil cationic protein
Gene Symbol: eosinophil cationic protein
Description: ribonuclease A family member 3
Alias: ECP, RAF1, RNS3, eosinophil cationic protein, RNase 3, cytotoxic ribonuclease, ribonuclease 3, ribonuclease, RNase A family, 3
Publications258 found, 100 shown here
- The (1)H, (13)C, (15)N resonance assignment, solution structure, and residue level stability of eosinophil cationic protein/RNase 3 determined by NMR spectroscopyDouglas V Laurents
Instituto de Quimica Fisica Rocasolano, CSIC, Madrid, Spain
Biopolymers 91:1018-28. 2009b>Eosinophil cationic protein (ECP)/human RNase 3, a member of the RNase A family, is a remarkably cytotoxic protein implicated in asthma and allergies...
- Antibiotic proteins of human polymorphonuclear leukocytesJ E Gabay
Beatrice and Samuel A Seaver Laboratory, Department of Medicine, Cornell University Medical College, New York, NY 10021
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 86:5610-4. 1989..The other, named azurocidin, was abundant and comparable to bactericidal permeability-increasing factor in its contribution to the killing of Escherichia coli...
- Biochemical and functional similarities between human eosinophil-derived neurotoxin and eosinophil cationic protein: homology with ribonucleaseG J Gleich
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 83:3146-50. 1986Eosinophil-derived neurotoxin (EDN) and eosinophil cationic protein (ECP) were isolated from lysates of human eosinophil granules by gel filtration and ion exchange chromatography on heparin-Sepharose...
- Kinetic and product distribution analysis of human eosinophil cationic protein indicates a subsite arrangement that favors exonuclease-type activityE Boix
Departament de Bioquimica i Biologia Molecular, Facultat de Ciencies, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, 08193 Bellaterra, Spain
J Biol Chem 274:15605-14. 1999With the use of a high yield prokaryotic expression system, large amounts of human eosinophil cationic protein (ECP) have been obtained. This has allowed a thorough kinetic study of the ribonuclease activity of this protein...
- Polymorphism of the eosinophil cationic protein-gene is related to the expression of allergic symptomsU B Jönsson
Department of Medical Sciences and Asthma Research Centre, University of Uppsala, Uppsala, Sweden
Clin Exp Allergy 32:1092-5. 2002We have found a polymorphism in the ECP (eosinophil cationic protein)-gene at position 434 according to GenBank accession number NM 002935...
- Surface-exposed amino acids of eosinophil cationic protein play a critical role in the inhibition of mammalian cell proliferationEsther Carreras
Departament de Bioquimica i Biologia Molecular, Facultat de Ciencies, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, 08193 Bellaterra, Spain
Mol Cell Biochem 272:1-7. 2005b>Eosinophil cationic protein (ECP) is a ribonuclease secreted from activated eosinophils that may cause tissue injure as a result of eosinophilic inflammation...
- Eosinophil cationic protein (ECP) polymorphisms and association with asthma, s-ECP levels and related phenotypesM C Munthe-Kaas
Department of Pediatrics, Ulleval University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Allergy 62:429-36. 2007b>Eosinophil cationic protein (ECP) is a potent cytotoxic secretory protein with bactericidal and antiviral properties. ECP is released by activated eosinophils and regarded as a marker of eosinophilic inflammation...
- The 434(G>C) polymorphism within the coding sequence of Eosinophil Cationic Protein (ECP) correlates with the natural course of Schistosoma mansoni infectionJenny Eriksson
Department of Medical Sciences, Clinical Chemistry, Uppsala University, Uppsala Academic Hospital, SE 75185 Uppsala, Sweden
Int J Parasitol 37:1359-66. 2007..b>Eosinophil cationic protein (ECP) is a secretory protein of eosinophil granulocytes that efficiently kills the larval stage of S...
- A heparan sulfate-facilitated and raft-dependent macropinocytosis of eosinophil cationic proteinTan chi Fan
Department of Life Science, Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biology, National Tsing Hua University, Hsinchu, Taiwan 30013, China
Traffic 8:1778-95. 2007b>Eosinophil cationic protein (ECP), a human RNAseA superfamily member, highly implicated in asthma pathology, is toxic to bronchial epithelial cells following its endocytosis...
- Eosinophil cationic protein high-affinity binding to bacteria-wall lipopolysaccharides and peptidoglycansMarc Torrent
Departament de Bioquimica i Biologia Molecular, Facultat de Biociencies, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, 08193 Cerdanyola del Valles, Spain
Biochemistry 47:3544-55. 2008The eosinophil cationic protein (ECP) is an eosinophil-secreted RNase involved in the immune host defense, with a cytotoxic activity against a wide range of pathogens...
- Characterization of molecular interactions between eosinophil cationic protein and heparinTan chi Fan
Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biology and Department of Life Science, National Tsing Hua University, 101 Section 2 Kuang Fu Road, Hsinchu, Taiwan
J Biol Chem 283:25468-74. 2008b>Eosinophil cationic protein (ECP) is currently used as a biomarker for airway inflammation. It is a heparin-binding ribonuclease released by activated eosinophils. Its cytotoxicity toward cancer cell lines is blocked by heparin...
- Comparison of the membrane interaction mechanism of two antimicrobial RNases: RNase 3/ECP and RNase 7Marc Torrent
Departament de Bioquimica i Biologia Molecular, Facultat de Biociencies, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, 08193 Cerdanyola del Valles, Spain
Biochim Biophys Acta 1788:1116-25. 2009b>Eosinophil cationic protein (ECP/RNase 3) and the skin derived ribonuclease 7 (RNase 7) are members of the RNase A superfamily. RNase 3 is mainly expressed in eosinophils whereas RNase 7 is primarily secreted by keratinocytes...
- Bactericidal and membrane disruption activities of the eosinophil cationic protein are largely retained in an N-terminal fragmentMarc Torrent
Department Bioquímica i Biologia Molecular, Facultat de Biociencies, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Cerdanyola del Valles, Spain
Biochem J 421:425-34. 2009ECP (eosinophil cationic protein) is an eosinophil secretion protein with antipathogen activities involved in the host immune defence system...
- The coding ECP 434(G>C) gene polymorphism determines the cytotoxicity of ECP but has minor effects on fibroblast-mediated gel contraction and no effect on RNase activityJenny Rubin
Department of Medical Sciences, Uppsala University, Sweden
J Immunol 183:445-51. 2009b>Eosinophil cationic protein (ECP) is a secretory protein of the eosinophil granulocyte, a cell involved in innate immunity...
- Crystal structure of eosinophil cationic protein at 2.4 A resolutionE Boix
Department of Biology and Biochemistry, University of Bath, UK
Biochemistry 38:16794-801. 1999b>Eosinophil cationic protein (ECP) is located in the matrix of the eosinophil's large specific granule and has marked toxicity for a variety of helminth parasites, hemoflagellates, bacteria, single-stranded RNA virus, and mammalian cells ..
- Sequence variation at two eosinophil-associated ribonuclease loci in humansJ Zhang
Laboratory of Host Defenses, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Genetics 156:1949-58. 2000..sequences of 2417 nucleotides at the two EAR loci, the eosinophil-derived neurotoxin (EDN, RNase 2) and eosinophil cationic protein (ECP, RNase 3), from >50 human individuals. Our data demonstrate that the nucleotide diversities (0...
- The promoter polymorphism in the eosinophil cationic protein gene and its influence on the serum eosinophil cationic protein levelEmiko Noguchi
Department of Medical Genetics, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, University of Tsukuba, Japan
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 167:180-4. 2003Asthma is characterized by reversible airway obstruction and airway inflammation. Serum levels of eosinophil cationic protein (ECP) might reflect eosinophilic airway inflammation and asthma activity...
- Genetic polymorphisms of eosinophil-derived neurotoxin and eosinophil cationic protein in tropical pulmonary eosinophiliaYae Jean Kim
Laboratory of Malaria and Vector Research, Biostatistics Research Branch, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Am J Trop Med Hyg 73:125-30. 2005Because eosinophil-derived neurotoxin (EDN) and eosinophil cationic protein (ECP) are critical in the pathogenesis of tropical pulmonary eosinophilia (TPE), we analyzed genetic polymorphisms of both in 181 individuals from southern India ..
- The functional heterogeneity of eosinophil cationic protein is determined by a gene polymorphism and post-translational modificationsA Trulson
Department of Medical Sciences, Clinical Chemistry, University of Uppsala, Uppsala, Sweden
Clin Exp Allergy 37:208-18. 2007..and takes part in parasite killing and tissue-destructive processes by secretion of proteins such as eosinophil cationic protein (ECP)...
- The cytotoxicity of eosinophil cationic protein/ribonuclease 3 on eukaryotic cell lines takes place through its aggregation on the cell membraneS Navarro
Departament de Bioquimica i Biologia Molecular, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, 08193, Bellaterra, Spain
Cell Mol Life Sci 65:324-37. 2008Human eosinophil cationic protein (ECP)/ ribonuclease 3 (RNase 3) is a protein secreted from the secondary granules of activated eosinophils...
- Identification of polymorphisms in the RNase3 gene and the association with allergic rhinitisInhong Kang
Department of Pathology, Wonkwang Institute of Medical Science, Wonkwang University School of Medicine, Iksan, Cheonbuk, South Korea
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 267:391-5. 2010b>Eosinophil cationic protein (ECP), a potent cytotoxic molecule, is released by activated eosinophils. ECP has been suggested to be involved in tissue remodeling of allergic diseases...
- Associations of ECP (eosinophil cationic protein)-gene polymorphisms to allergy, asthma, smoke habits and lung function in two Estonian and Swedish sub cohorts of the ECRHS II studyUlla Britt Jönsson
Department of Medical Sciences, Clinical Chemistry, University of Uppsala, Uppsala, Sweden
BMC Pulm Med 10:36. 2010The Eosinophil Cationic Protein (ECP) is a potent multifunctional protein. Three common polymorphisms are present in the ECP gene, which determine the function and production of the protein...
- Structure and chromosome localization of the human eosinophil-derived neurotoxin and eosinophil cationic protein genes: evidence for intronless coding sequences in the ribonuclease gene superfamilyK J Hamann
Department of Immunology, Mayo Clinic and Foundation, Rochester, Minnesota 55905
Genomics 7:535-46. 1990Human genomic DNAs for the eosinophil granule proteins, eosinophil-derived neurotoxin (EDN) and eosinophil cationic protein (ECP), were isolated from genomic libraries...
- Three-dimensional crystal structure of human eosinophil cationic protein (RNase 3) at 1.75 A resolutionG Mallorquí-Fernández
Institut de Biologia Molecular de Barcelona, C I D C S I C, Jordi Girona, 18 26, Barcelona, 08034, Spain
J Mol Biol 300:1297-307. 2000b>Eosinophil cationic protein (ECP; RNase 3) is a human ribonuclease found only in eosinophil leukocytes that belongs to the RNase A superfamily. This enzyme is bactericidal, helminthotoxic and cytotoxic to mammalian cells and tissues...
- Elevation of serum eosinophil cationic protein, soluble tumor necrosis factor receptors and soluble intercellular adhesion molecule-1 levels in acute bronchial asthmaAli Kokuludag
Division of Immunology, Department of Internal Medicine, Ege University Medical Faculty, Bornova, Izmir, Turkey
J Investig Allergol Clin Immunol 12:211-4. 2002..The concentrations of eosinophilic cationic protein (ECP), sTNF-RI, sTNF-RII, and sICAM-1 were measured in sera of 24 asthmatic patients during acute attack, in 18 patients ..
- SNARE proteins are critical for regulated exocytosis of ECP from human eosinophilsH J Hoffmann
Allergy and Lung Research Laboratory, University Hospital of Aarhus, DK-8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 280:172-6. 2001..in eosinophils, significantly inhibited both IgE receptor- and phorbol ester-mediated exocytosis of eosinophil cationic protein (ECP) from streptolysin-O-permeabilized eosinophils...
- SNARE proteins are critical for regulated exocytosis of ECP from human eosinophilsH J Hoffmann
Allergy and Lung Research Laboratory, University of Aarhus, Aarhus C, DK-8000, Denmark
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 282:194-9. 2001..in eosinophils, significantly inhibited both IgE receptor- and phorbol ester-mediated exocytosis of eosinophil cationic protein (ECP) from streptolysin-O-permeabilized eosinophils...
- Eosinophils, eosinophil cationic protein and eosinophil-derived neurotoxin in serum and urine of patients with onchocerciasis coinfected with intestinal nematodes and in urinary schistosomiasisF W Tischendorf
Department of Clinical Chemistry, Bernhard Nocht Institute for Tropical Medicine, Hamburg, Germany
Acta Trop 72:157-73. 1999Eosinophils, eosinophil cationic protein (ECP), eosinophil-derived neurotoxin (EDN/EPX), myeloperoxidase (MPO) and IgE were measured in blood, serum and/or urine in Schistosoma haematobium- and Onchocerca volvulus-infected Guineans and O...
- [Two cases of hypoxemic acute bronchiolitis due to Mycoplasma pneumoniae]M Kawamoto
Department of Medicine, Yame General Hospital
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 74:259-63. 2000..We diagnosed two patients as M. pneumoniae infection by antibody assays. The Eosinophil cationic protein (ECP) level and IgE level were high. Eosinophilia and endotoxemia were also observed in two patients...
- Eosinophils and neutrophils in biopsies from the middle ear of atopic children with otitis media with effusionK Amin
Department of Medical Cell Biology, University of Uppsala, Sweden
Inflamm Res 48:626-31. 1999..of patients with otitis media with effusion (OME) and atopy have been shown to have elevated levels of eosinophil cationic protein (ECP) in their middle ear fluid. The mechanism underlying these elevated levels of ECP is not clear...
- Measurement of inflammatory mediators of mast cells and eosinophils in native nasal lavage fluid in nasal polyposisG Di Lorenzo
Istituto di Medicina Interna e Geriatria, Dipartimento di Biopatologia e Metodologie Biomediche, Universita degli Studi di Palermo, Palermo, Italia
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 125:164-75. 2001..Polyp histology typically shows chronic, eosinophilic inflammation. The inflammatory cell infiltrate generally includes eosinophils, lymphocytes, plasma cells and mast cells...
- Expression and purification of recombinant rat eosinophil-associated ribonucleases, homologues of human eosinophil cationic protein and eosinophil-derived neurotoxin, and their characterizationM Nakajima
Laboratory of Pathophysiological Biochemistry, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 125:241-9. 2001Human eosinophils contain two eosinophil ribonucleases, eosinophil cationic protein (ECP) and eosinophil-derived neurotoxin (EDN). In rats, 8 homologues of human ECP and EDN have been identified...
- Suppression of eosinophil function by RP 73401, a potent and selective inhibitor of cyclic AMP-specific phosphodiesterase: comparison with rolipramJ E Souness
, Dagenham Research Centre, Essex
Br J Pharmacol 115:39-46. 1995..O2-), major basic protein (MBP) and eosinophil cationic protein (ECP) from guinea-pig eosinophils have also been studied. 2...
- [Reproducibility in induced sputum in children with asthma]U Reining
, , Allergologie und Mukoviszidose, Freiburg
Pneumologie 54:185-90. 2000..employing native chamber and cytospin cell count as well as measurement of eosinophilic cationic protein (ECP). Sputum-induction could be performed in 84 out of 86 planed tests (97...
- Role of unique basic residues in cytotoxic, antibacterial and antiparasitic activities of human eosinophil cationic proteinAnubha Singh
Immunochemistry Laboratory, National Institute of Immunology, Aruna Asaf Ali Marg, New Delhi, India
Biol Chem 392:337-46. 2011Eosinophil granule proteins, eosinophil cationic protein (ECP) and eosinophil-derived neurotoxin are members of the RNase A superfamily, which play a crucial role in host defense against various pathogens as they are endowed with several ..
- [The relationship between sputum eosinophils and responses to treatment of inhaled glucocorticoids in patients with persistent asthma]Yan wen Jiang
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Peking University Third Hospital, Beijing 100083, China
Zhonghua Jie He He Hu Xi Za Zhi 30:447-51. 2007..To evaluate the treatment responses of asthmatics with and without sputum eosinophilia to inhaled glucocorticoids, and therefore to verify whether low sputum eosinophils predict poor response to treatment with inhaled glucocorticoids...
- [Clinical significance of eosinophilic cationic protein in serum and bronchoalveolar lavage fluid of adult patients with mycoplasmal pneumonia]T Yano
Department of Respiratory Medicine, National Kyushu Medical Center
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 75:36-41. 2001..We evaluated the clinical significance of ECP in serum and BAL fluid in patients with mycoplasmal pneumonia...
- [Cell biology of bronchial asthma: interesting new methods. Intracellular determination of cytokines in T-cells and basic proteins in eosinophilic granulocytes using flow cytometry]N Krug
Abteilung Pneumologie, Medizinischen Hochschule Hannover
Pneumologie 51:381-5. 1997..First results reveal interesting new aspects with regard to the expression of IFN-gamma, IL-2, IL-4 and IL-5 in T-cells, and of ECP and EPO in eosinophils in bronchial asthma.
- Bcl-2 expression in sputum eosinophils in patients with acute asthmaA S Jang
Department of Internal Medicine, Seonam University College of Medicine, Seogu Marukdong 120 1, Kwangju, Korea 502 157
Thorax 55:370-4. 2000..The relationship between bcl-2 expression in sputum eosinophils and eosinophil activation markers such as interleukin (IL)-5 and eosinophil cationic protein (ECP) levels in sputum supernatant was evaluated.
- Prevalence of serum IgE antibodies to the Staphylococcus aureus enterotoxins (SAE, SEB, SEC, SED, TSST-1) in patients with persistent allergic rhinitisRenato Enzo Rossi
Allergy Unit, National Health Service, Regione Piemonte, Savigliano, Italy
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 133:261-6. 2004..and TSST-1 were important in worsening the clinical status of patients allergic to house dust mites by means of assessing serum eosinophil cationic protein (ECP), which is thought to be a reliable marker of asthma and rhinitis severity.
- Eosinophil activation in the cerebrospinal fluid of children with shunt obstructionSabrina M Heidemann
Department of Pediatrics, School of Medicine, Wayne State University, Detroit, Mich, USA
Pediatr Neurosurg 46:255-8. 2010To determine if eosinophils are activated to release the cationic proteins, eosinophil cationic protein (ECP) and eosinophil-derived neurotoxin (EDN) in shunt obstruction, and to find out if these proteins are associated with ..
- In vitro killing of microfilariae of Brugia pahangi and Brugia malayi by eosinophil granule proteinsK J Hamann
Department of Immunology, Mayo Medical School, Rochester, MN 55905
J Immunol 144:3166-73. 1990..in vitro assays of the toxicity of four purified eosinophil granule proteins, namely, MBP, EPO, eosinophil cationic protein (ECP), and eosinophil-derived neurotoxin (EDN), for the mf of Brugia pahangi and Brugia malayi...
- Circadian variations in serum eosinophil cationic protein, and serum and urine eosinophil protein XO D Wolthers
Children s Clinic Randers, Randers, Department of Paediatrics, Denmark
Pediatr Allergy Immunol 14:130-3. 2003..The aim of the present study was to assess circadian variations in serum eosinophil cationic protein (ECP), and serum and urine eosinophil protein X (EPX) in children...
- Activation of eosinophils with cytokines produced by lung mast cellsY Okayama
First Department of Internal Medicine, Gunma University, School of Medicine, Maebashi, Japan
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 114:75-7. 1997Here we show that the supernatant from activated lung mast cells induced the release of eosinophil cationic protein (ECP) from eosinophils...
- Apoptotic eosinophils in sputum from asthmatic patients correlate negatively with levels of IL-5 and eotaxinJunyang Xu
Department of Respiratory Medicine, The Fifth Affiliated Hospital of Sun Yat sen University, Guangdong, China
Respir Med 101:1447-54. 2007..Eosinophilic inflammation of the airways is a key characteristic of asthma. A defect in eosinophil apoptosis might contribute to the chronic tissue eosinophilia associated with asthma...
- Effects of different anti-asthmatic agents on induced sputum and eosinophil cationic protein in mild asthmaticsIlknur Basyigit
Department of Pulmonary Diseases, Faculty of Medicine, Kocaeli University, Kocaeli, Turkey
Respirology 9:514-20. 2004..The aim of this study was to compare the changes in sputum total cell and eosinophil counts, and eosinophil cationic protein (ECP) levels in serum and sputum following treatment with leukotriene receptor antagonists, inhaled ..
- Prospective longitudinal study of urinary eosinophil protein X in children with asthma and chronic coughA Labbe
Service de Pédiatrie A, Hotel Dieu, Clermont Ferrand, France
Pediatr Pulmonol 31:354-62. 2001..PBE), and skin prick tests) and a pulmonary function test (PFT), and had chest X-ray and serum eosinophil cationic protein (s-ECP) and urinary EPX assays...
- Serum concentrations of eosinophil cationic protein and eosinophils of patients with Kimura's diseaseNobuo Ohta
Department of Otolaryngology, Yamagata University School of Medicine, Japan
Allergol Int 56:45-9. 2007..role of eosinophils in the pathogenesis of Kimura's disease and the values of measuring serum levels of eosinophil cationic protein (ECP) for monitoring disease activity might be very important, but there are few reports about this ..
- The antipathogen activities of eosinophil cationic proteinEster Boix
Departament Bioquimica i Biologia Molecular, Facultat Biociències, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, 08193 Cerdanyola del Valles, Spain
Curr Pharm Biotechnol 9:141-52. 2008The eosinophil cationic protein (ECP) is a secretory ribonuclease, which is found in the eosinophilic leukocyte and involved in the innate immune system...
- Indices of lower airway inflammation in children monosensitized to house dust mite after nasal allergen challengeA Inal
Division of Pediatric Allergy and Immunology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Cukurova, Adana, Turkey
Allergy 63:1345-51. 2008..With this study, we aimed to investigate the inflammation markers of upper and lower airways before and after nasal allergen challenge in mite sensitive children with different clinical expression of the allergic disease...
- Transcriptional regulation of human eosinophil RNase2 by the liver-enriched hepatocyte nuclear factor 4Hsiu Yu Wang
Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biology and Department of Life Science, National Tsing Hua University, No 101, Sec 2, Kuang Fu Rd, Hsinchu, Taiwan 30013, Republic of China
J Cell Biochem 106:317-26. 2009Human eosinophil-derived neurotoxin (EDN, RNase2) and eosinophil cationic protein (ECP, RNase3) sequences possess as high as 92% identity in their promoter regions...
- Serum eosinophil derived neurotoxin may reflect more strongly disease severity in childhood atopic dermatitis than eosinophil cationic proteinS Taniuchi
Department of Paediatrics, Kansai Medical University, Fumizonocho 10 15, Moriguchi, 570 8506, Osaka, Japan
J Dermatol Sci 26:79-82. 2001Serum levels of eosinophil cationic protein (ECP) have been shown to be a good parameter of the disease severity of patients with atopic dermatitis (AD)...
- [Airway inflammation and peripheral airway function in asthmatic patients with different control levels]Yang Pan
Beijing Institute of Respiratory Medicine, Beijing Chaoyang Hospital Affiliated to Capital Medical University, Beijing 100020, China
Zhonghua Jie He He Hu Xi Za Zhi 32:679-84. 2009....
- The significance of sputum ECP levels in differential diagnosis of asthma in childrenM Yazicioglu
Allergy Clinic of the Department of Pediatrics, Istanbul Faculty of Medicine, Turkey
J Asthma 36:493-502. 1999..This study investigated the serum and sputum eosinophil cationic protein (ECP) levels in children with asthma and chronic bronchitis and compared them with controls...
- The side-effects of cardiopulmonary bypass on the lungs: changes in bronchoalveolar lavage fluidsI Alat
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Medical Faculty, Ege University, Izmir, Turkey
Perfusion 16:121-8. 2001..Cell contents of bronchoalveolar lavage fluid, alveolar macrophage viability, eosinophil cationic protein (ECP) levels and myeloperoxidase (MPO) concentrations were analysed in each bronchoalveolar lavage ..
- [Evaluation of eosinophil cationic protein levels with clinical symptoms and laboratory findings of patients with cystic echinococcosis]Buket Cicioglu Aridogan
Süleyman Demirel Universitesi Tip Fakültesi, Tibbi Mikrobiyoloji Anabilim Dall, Isparta
Mikrobiyol Bul 43:285-92. 2009Among proteins secreted from activated eosinophil granulocytes, eosinophil cationic protein (ECP) is the most useful tool for the follow-up of inflammatory diseases...
- The association of skin test reactivity, total serum IgE levels, and peripheral blood eosinophilia with asthma in KuwaitM Khadadah
Department of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Kuwait University, Safat
J Asthma 37:481-8. 2000..Skin sensitivity test, serum total and specific IgE, total blood eosinophil count (B-EOS), and eosinophil cationic protein (ECP) tests were performed in patients and controls...
- Acoustic rhinometry in epidemiological studies--nasal reactions in Swedish schoolsR Wålinder
Department of Medical Sciences Occupational and Environmental Medicine, University of Uppsala, Sweden
Rhinol Suppl 16:59-64. 2000..symptom reports, acoustic rhinometry and nasal lavage, with the determination of biomarker levels for eosinophil cationic protein (ECP), lysozyme, myeloperoxidase (MPO) and albumin...
- Long-term observations of the clinical course after step down of corticosteroid inhalation therapy in adult chronic asthmatics: correlation with serum levels of eosinophil cationic proteinKenji Baba
Division of Respiratory Medicine and Allergology, Department of Internal Medicine, Aichi Medical University, School of Medicine, Yazako, Nagakute, Aichi, Japan
Respirology 7:255-66. 2002..after a step down in inhaled beclomethasone dipropionate (iBDP) therapy if the serum concentration of eosinophil cationic protein (sECP) is high...
- [The small airway inflammation of asthmatic patients who have used dry powder type inhaled steroid for moderate-long term evaluated by induced sputum and the efficacy of HFA-BDP (QVAR) inhalation]Hiroyuki Ohbayashi
Internal Medicine, JA Gifu Thono Kousei Hospital
Arerugi 54:24-35. 2005..We also investigated the effect of Hydrofluoroalukan-beclomethasone dipropionate (HFA-BDP), a new type of inhaled steroid which forms super micro aerosol particles, in the distal small airway...
- Granulocyte markers in induced sputum in patients with respiratory disorders and healthy persons obtained by two sputum-processing methodsT Metso
Skin and Allergy Hospital, Division of Allergy, Helsinki University, Finland
Respir Med 95:48-55. 2001..b>Eosinophil cationic protein (ECP), eosinophil peroxidase (EPO), neutrophil lipocalin (HNL) and myeloperoxidase (MPO) were used as ..
- Evaluation of eotaxin-1, -2, and -3 protein production and messenger RNA expression in patients with vernal keratoconjunctivitisJun Shoji
Department of Ophthalmology, Division of Visual Sciences, Nihon University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Jpn J Ophthalmol 53:92-9. 2009....
- Eosinophil cationic protein in feces: reference values in healthy and atopic individuals and patients with digestive diseasesIsabel Garcia-Rubio
Allergy Department, Hospital Clinico San Carlos, Madrid, Spain
Allergy Asthma Proc 28:468-71. 2007b>Eosinophil cationic protein (ECP) is a good indicator of eosinophilic activity and turnover, serving as a marker of activity in allergic and gastrointestinal diseases characterized by predominantly eosinophilic tissue infiltration...
- Correlations of serum Interleukin-16, total IgE, eosinophil cationic protein and total eosinophil counts with disease activity in children with atopic dermatitisK G Wu
Department of Pediatrics, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol 24:15-23. 2011..compared the significance of serum interleukin-16 (IL-16), serum total immunoglobulin E (IgE), serum eosinophil cationic protein (ECP), and total eosinophil count (TEC) in reflecting AD severity to order to identify the most ..
- Effects of pranlukast administration on vascular endothelial growth factor levels in asthmatic patientsHiroshi Kanazawa
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka City University, Osaka, Japan
Chest 125:1700-5. 2004..Therefore, this study was designed to examine the effects of pranlukast, a selective leukotriene receptor antagonist, on VEGF levels in induced sputum from steroid-untreated or steroid-treated asthmatic patients...
- Nasal patency and biomarkers in nasal lavage--the significance of air exchange rate and type of ventilation in schoolsR Wålinder
Department of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, Uppsala University Hospital, Sweden
Int Arch Occup Environ Health 71:479-86. 1998..The aim of the present study was to examine the relationships between the ventilation rate and the type of ventilation system, on the one hand, and objective nasal measures, on the other...
- Correlation between airway hyperresponsiveness and airway inflammation in a young adult population: eosinophil, ECP, and cytokine levels in induced sputumY Obase
The Second Department of Internal Medicine, Nagasaki University School of Medicine, Japan
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 86:304-10. 2001Eosinophil counts and eosinophil cationic protein (ECP) levels in the airway are elevated in asthmatic patients...
- Effects of human eosinophil granule-derived cationic proteins on C-fiber afferents in the rat lungL Y Lee
Department of Physiology, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky 40536, USA
J Appl Physiol (1985) 91:1318-26. 2001..Intratracheal instillation of eosinophil cationic protein (ECP; 1-2 mg/ml, 0...
- Montelukast decreases plasma endothelin-1 and serum eosinophil cationic protein levels in paediatric atopic asthmaFrantisek Kopriva
Department of Paediatrics, University Hospital and Palacky University, Olomouc, Czech Republic
Clin Drug Investig 26:351-6. 2006..Our study was designed to examine plasma ET-1 (P-ET) levels in paediatric atopic patients newly diagnosed with persistent mild bronchial asthma and 1 month after initiation of montelukast therapy...
- Relationship between amphiregulin and airway inflammation in children with asthma and eosinophilic bronchitisKyung Won Kim
Department of Pediatrics, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seodaemun gu, Seoul 120 752, Korea
Chest 136:805-10. 2009....
- Urine leukotriene E and eosinophil cationic protein in nasopharyngeal aspiration from young wheezy childrenJae Won Oh
Department of Pediatrics, Hanyang University College of Medicine, Hanyang University Guri Hospital, 249 1 Kyomun dong, Guri, Kyeonggi Do 471 090, Korea
Pediatr Allergy Immunol 16:416-21. 2005..wheezing children with RSV bronchiolitis from asthmatic children, we measured leukotriene E(4)(LTE(4)) in urine and ECP in nasopharyngeal aspiration (NPA) at first day of admission with wheezing attack...
- [Serum eosinophil cationic protein (ECP) in patients with perennial rhinitis and atopic dermatitis, allergic to house dust mites]Iwona Damps-Konstanska
Akademia Medyczna w Gdansku, Klinika Alergologii
Pol Merkur Lekarski 19:765-8. 2005b>Eosinophil Cationic Protein (ECP) is released from activated eosinophils during the inflammation process.
- Analysing the eosinophil cationic protein--a clue to the function of the eosinophil granulocyteJonas Bystrom
Translational Medicine and Therapeutics, William Harvey Research Institute, Bart s and The London, Queen Mary University of London, Charterhouse Square, London EC1M 6BQ, UK
Respir Res 12:10. 2011..are their large secondary granules, each containing four basic proteins, the best known being the eosinophil cationic protein (ECP)...
- Specific allergen immunotherapy: effect on immunologic markers and clinical parameters in asthmatic childrenO Cevit
Division of Allergy, Department of Pediatrics, Cumhuriyet University Faculty of Medicine, Sivas, Turkey
J Investig Allergol Clin Immunol 17:286-91. 2007..Specific allergen immunotherapy (SIT) is the main treatment modality for achieving long-term symptom relief in perennial allergic diseases...
- Eosinophil cationic protein in infants with respiratory syncytial virus bronchiolitis: predictive value for subsequent development of persistent wheezingM Pifferi
Department of Pediatrics, University of Pisa, Italy
Pediatr Pulmonol 31:419-24. 2001..The study of eosinophil cationic protein (ECP) suggests that eosinophil-related inflammatory mechanisms may play a role in respiratory syncytial ..
- Is serum or sputum eosinophil cationic protein level adequate for diagnosis of mild asthma?Mohammad Reza Khakzad
Zakaria Research Center, Islamic Azad University Mashhad Branch, Mashhad, Iran
Iran J Allergy Asthma Immunol 8:155-60. 2009..Hence, other diagnostic methods are usually used. The aim of this study was to evaluate whether eosinophil Cationic Protein (ECP) could be an accurate diagnostic marker of mild asthma...
- Serum eosinophil cationic protein (ECP) in chronic asthma. Relationship to spirometry, flow-volume curves, PC20, and exacerbationsA M Wever
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Red Cross Hospital, The Hague, The Netherlands
Respir Med 88:613-21. 1994Serum ECP was measured in a double-blind study in relation to spirometry, flow-volume curves, and histamine PC20 (30-s tidal breathing method, normal value > 32 mg ml-1) in 20 chronic asthmatic patients (five male), mean age 48...
- Effects of pranlukast on chemical mediators in induced sputum on provocation tests in atopic and aspirin-intolerant asthmatic patientsYasushi Obase
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Nagasaki University School of Medicine, Nagasaki, Japan
Chest 121:143-50. 2002..Leukotrienes (LTs) are important in asthma, and LT modifiers modulate antigen-induced asthma. Overproduction of LT by suppression of cyclooxygenase activity is involved in patients with aspirin-intolerant asthma (AIA)...
- Analysis of sputum taken from wheezy and asthmatic infants and children, with special reference to respiratory infectionsY Nagayama
Chiba Children s Hospital, Department of Allergy, Immunology and Respiratory Disease, Midoriku, Chiba, Japan
Pediatr Allergy Immunol 12:318-26. 2001..To elucidate respiratory inflammation among these children, we measured the levels of eosinophil cationic protein (ECP) and tryptase in sputum taken from three different groups of wheezy infants and young children: ..
- Absence of association of peripheral blood eosinophilia or increased eosinophil cationic protein with bronchial hyperresponsiveness during asthma remissionYoung Yull Koh
Department of Pediatrics and Clinical Research Institute, Seoul National University Hospital, Seoul, Korea
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 91:297-302. 2003..The mechanisms responsible for persistent bronchial hyperresponsiveness (BHR) in adolescents with long-term asthma remission are poorly understood...
- Eosinophil infiltration, gastric juice and serum eosinophil cationic protein levels in Helicobacter pylori-associated chronic gastritis and gastric ulcerSelim A Aydemir
Department of Gastroenterology, Zonguldak Karaelmas University, Faculty of Medicine, Ic Hastaliklari ABD, Gastroenteroloji BD, 67800 Zonguldak, Turkey
Mediators Inflamm 13:369-72. 2004..It has been shown that eosinophils increase in the stomach in H. pylori infection. Eosinophilic cationic protein (ECP) is a cytotoxic molecule secreted by the activated eosinophils...
- Antibody to eosinophil cationic protein suppresses dextran sulfate sodium-induced colitis in ratsKazuko Shichijo
Department of Molecular Pathology, Atomic Bomb Disease Institute, Nagasaki University Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, 1 12 4 Sakamoto, Nagasaki 852 8523, Japan
World J Gastroenterol 11:4505-10. 2005To produce an antibody against rat eosinophil cationic protein (ECP) and to examine the effects of the antibody in rats with dextran sulfate sodium (DSS)-induced colitis.
- [Diagnostic significance of serum allergen detection in diagnosis of allergic rhinitis and bronchial asthma]Chun hong Fan
Department of Clinical Laboratory, Peking University People s Hospital, Beijing 100044, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 88:3422-4. 2008To analyze the diagnostic significance of serum total IgE, specific IgE (SIgE), Phadiatop, and eosinophil cationic protein (ECP) in allergic rhinitis and bronchial asthma.
- [Relationship between nasal discharge eosinophils and responses to treatment of inhaled glucocorticosteroid in patients with allergic rhinitis]Hong Luo
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Affiliated Xiangfan Central Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology Hubei 441021, China
Zhonghua Er Bi Yan Hou Tou Jing Wai Ke Za Zhi 44:209-13. 2009....
- Mapping the eosinophil cationic protein antimicrobial activity by chemical and enzymatic cleavageDaniel Sanchez
Dpt Bioquímica i Biologia Molecular, Fac Biociències, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, 08193 Cerdanyola del Valles, Spain
Biochimie 93:331-8. 2011The eosinophil cationic protein (ECP) is a human antimicrobial protein involved in the host immune defense that belongs to the pancreatic RNase A family. ECP displays a wide range of antipathogen activities...
- An association between floor vacuuming and dust-mite and serum eosinophil cationic protein in young asthmaticsG C H Koh
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore, Singapore
Indoor Air 19:468-73. 2009..if home floor vacuuming was associated with sensitization to dust-mites and cockroaches, and serum eosinophil cationic protein (ECP), a biomarker for atopy, in 102 physician-diagnosed spirometry-confirmed asthmatics...
- [Single photon emission computer tomography in the differential diagnosis of the paroxysmal clinical events in newborns]I Alfonso
, Miami Children s Hospital, Florida, USA
Rev Neurol 24:1408-10. 1996..in vascularization which occur between (decrease) and during (increase) the clinical events of paroxysmal epilepsy (ECP) in the area of origin...
- Withering syndrome of the small abalone, Haliotis diversicolor supertexta, is caused by Vibrio parahaemolyticus and associated with thermal inductionC Y Huang
Department of Aquaculture, National Taiwan Ocean University, Keelung, Keelung
Z Naturforsch C 56:898-901. 2001..abalone Haliotis diversicolor supertexta to Vibrio parahaemolyticus 880915 strain and its extracellular products (ECP) at different temperatures was investigated...
- Influence of the column radial heterogeneity on the determination of single-component isotherms by the elution by characteristic point methodK Miyabe
Department of Chemistry, The University of Tennessee, Knoxville 37996-1600, USA
J Chromatogr A 891:217-33. 2000..radial heterogeneity on the determination of equilibrium isotherm data by the elution by characteristic point (ECP) method is studied using nondimensional numerical calculations and taking into account typical radial distributions ..
- Study on the accuracy of the elution by characteristic point method for the determination of single component isothermsK Miyabe
Department of Chemistry, The University of Tennessee, Knoxville 37996-1600, USA
J Chromatogr A 872:1-21. 2000The accuracy of the method of elution by characteristic point (ECP) used to determine single component isotherms was studied numerically...
- Theoretical study of the accuracy of the elution by characteristic points method for bi-langmuir isothermsL Ravald
Department of Pharmacy, Uppsala University, Sweden
J Chromatogr A 908:111-30. 2001..chromatographic surfaces and we therefore investigated the accuracy of the elution by characteristic points method (ECP) for estimation of bi-Langmuir isotherm parameters...
- [Methods for monitoring of therapeutic efficacy in immunotherapy of allergic rhinitis]L Klimek
Hals, Nasen, Ohren Universitätsklinik Mainz, Deutschland
Wien Med Wochenschr 149:394-402. 1999..Early and late allergic reactions can be evaluated. Specific cell activation markers like ECP or tryptase are useful parameters in nasal secretions...
- The inflammatory response in humans after inhalation of bacterial endotoxin: a reviewJ Thorn
Department of Environmental Medicine, Goteborg University, Sweden
Inflamm Res 50:254-61. 2001..Changes in mediators of inflammation, such as eosinophilic cationic protein (ECP), myeloperoxidase (MPO), interleukin-8 (IL-8), IL-1beta, tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNFalpha) and C-reactive ..
- Analysis of left ventricular systolic function during elevated external cardiac pressures: an examination of measured transmural left ventricular pressure during pressure-volume analysisM F Haney
Surgical and Perioperative Sciences, Section for Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Umea University, Umea, Sweden
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 45:868-74. 2001Variations or disturbances in intrathoracic and extracardiac pressures (ECP) occur in critically ill and anaesthetised patients...
- [Effect of pingchuan mixture on eosinophil cation protein and interleukin-5 in experimental guinea pigs with asthma]Xiang Ming Fang
Anhui TCM College, Hefei 230038
Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi 23:609-11. 2003To observe the effect of Pingchuan Mixture (PCM) on plasma eosinophil cation protein (ECP), interleukin-5 in bronchial alveolar lavage fluid (BALF) and inflammatory cell count in experimental guinea pigs with asthma.
- Isolation and characterization of complement component C3 from Atlantic cod (Gadus morhua L.) and Atlantic halibut (Hippoglossus hippoglossus L.)Sigrun Lange
Institute for Experimental Pathology, University of Iceland, Keldur, IS 112 Reykjavik, Iceland
Fish Shellfish Immunol 16:227-39. 2004..The proteolytic fragmentation of C3 was tested with trypsin, pepsin, papain and the extracellular product (ECP) from the bacterium Aeromonas salmonicida ssp. achromogenes (Asa)...
- Eosinophil cationic protein as a diagnostic marker for asthmatic children treated by immunotherapyAl Asfar Kandil
Department of Pediatrics, Faculty of Medicine, Zagazig University, Egypt
Egypt J Immunol 10:67-76. 2003We estimated the eosinophil cationic protein (ECP) levels in serum and sputum of 20 children with bronchial asthma to find whether it correlates with disease activity and examine the effect of immunotherapy...
- Lymphocytes treated by extracorporeal photopheresis can down-regulate cytokine production in untreated monocytesJohn Bladon
Department of Haematology, Rotherham General Hospital, South Yorkshire, UK
Photodermatol Photoimmunol Photomed 21:293-302. 2005..Treatment of GvHD, using extracorporeal photopheresis (ECP), has demonstrated clinical efficacy...
- [The relationship between skin test results and serum eosinophilic cationic protein, nasal eosinophilia, and total IgE values in patients with allergic rhinitis]Ercan Pinar
Department of Otolaryngology, Izmir Ataturk Training and Research Hospital, Izmir, Turkey
Kulak Burun Bogaz Ihtis Derg 14:101-5. 2005We investigated the relationship between positive skin test results and serum eosinophilic cationic protein (ECP), nasal eosinophilia, and total IgE levels in patients with allergic rhinitis.
- [Is the seric eosinophil cationic protein level a valuable tool of diagnosis in clinical practice?]D A Moneret-Vautrin
Service de Medecine Interne, Immunologie Clinique et Allergologie, Hopital Universitaire, CHU de Nancy Hôpital Central, 54035 Nancy Cedex, France
Rev Med Interne 27:679-83. 2006The eosinophil cationic protein (ECP) is one of the mediators released during eosinophil activation. These cells are effector cells taking part into the Th2-lymphocyte dependent allergic inflammation...
- Assessment of Schistosoma mansoni induced intestinal inflammation by means of eosinophil cationic protein, eosinophil protein X and myeloperoxidase before and after treatment with praziquantelClaus M Reimert
DBL Centre for Health Research and Development, Department of Veterinary Pathology, Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Thorvaldsensvej 57, 1871, Frederiksberg C, Denmark
Acta Trop 105:253-9. 2008Faecal concentrations of eosinophil cationic protein (ECP), eosinophil protein X (EPX) and myeloperoxidase (MPO) were measured in extracts of stool samples obtained from a cohort of people (n=182) living in Bugoigo, a fishing community ..
- ANTIVIRAL EFFECTS OF EOSINOPHILS IN THE LUNGSDavid Jacoby; Fiscal Year: 2007..Eosinophil ribonucleases (eosinophil derived neurotoxin (EDN) and eosinophil cationic protein (ECP)) may also participate...
- Eosinophil Granule Proteins and Their FunctionsGerald Gleich; Fiscal Year: 2006..eosinophil granule proteins, including major basic protein (MBP1), eosinophil-derived neurotoxin (EDN), eosinophil cationic protein (ECP) and eosinophil peroxidase (EPO)...
- CARDIOTOXICITY OF EOSINOPHIL GRANULE CATIONIC PROTEINSHelene Rosenberg; Fiscal Year: 1991..cDNA clones for the eosinophil cationic protein, the eosinophil granule major basic protein and the eosinophil-derived neurotoxin will be isolated and ..
- Phase II Study of a Novel GVHD Prevention Strategy: Etanercept and PhotopheresisJohn Levine; Fiscal Year: 2013..We have shown that extracorporeal photopheresis (ECP) induces Tregs in experimental models of GVHD and our team, as well as others, has data suggesting that ECP may ..
- Andrea Cerutti; Fiscal Year: 2015..and systemic innate immune cells such as basophils and mast cells through interaction with heparin, eosinophil cationic protein and inflammasomes. Three aims are proposed...
- Anxiety & Inflammatory Correlates in Youth w/EczemaMarcia Slattery; Fiscal Year: 2005..of AD severity; 2) Systemic inflammation, assessed by peripheral blood levels of eosinophil proteins (eosinophil cationic protein and major basic protein); and 3) Pulmonary inflammation, innovatively assessed with the noninvasive ..
- Magnesium and Asthma - Clinical TrialsJudith Stern; Fiscal Year: 2004..of life questionnaire (QOL)), indirect biomarkers of inflammation (exhaled nitric oxide and serum eosinophil cationic protein) and bronchial hyperresponsiveness (methacholine challenge)...
- ASTHMA EDUCATION, SYMPTOMS AND AIRWAY INFLAMMATIONSusan Janson; Fiscal Year: 2002..Biological markers of airway inflammation include cell counts, differential eosinophilic cationic protein (ECP), and albumin in sputum of asthmatic subjects...
- HIV-CNS Diseases and Parasitic Zoonoses in the Eastern Cape, South AfricaHELENE CARABIN; Fiscal Year: 2010..requirements of the FOA, this project is intended to develop local research capacity in the Eastern Cape Province (ECP) of South Africa and to provide preliminary data in support of an R01 application to study the association of ..
- Therapeutic Window for Acute Stroke Therapy (P50)Brett C Meyer; Fiscal Year: 2012..a new pilot assessment of the tolerability, feasibility, and safety of noninvasive external counterpulsation (ECP) in acute ischemic stroke patients within 0-48 hours of symptom onset;(5) Safety of tPA plus Transcranial Emission ..
- Corticosteroids, Inflammation, and Memory in Pediatric Inflammatory Bowel DiseaseChristine Mrakotsky; Fiscal Year: 2012..Both have the potential to disrupt brain systems critical for memory and executive control processes (ECP), however, little is known about these effects, especially in developing populations...
- Allergy Prevention By lgE Cytotoxic Peptide(ECP)VaccineSwey Shen Chen; Fiscal Year: 2002..Herein, we provide a long-term strategy of reducing IgE levels by active immunization with IgE cytotoxic peptides (ECP) that are independent of requirement of conformation...
- TESTING A GAPN CARE MODEL FOR ELDERS WITH HIP FRACTUREKathleen Krichbaum; Fiscal Year: 1999..protocol for improving recovery outcomes in elderly clients experiencing hip fracture across care settings (the ECP), and the use of the ECP by a Gerontological Advanced Practice Nurse (GAPN) who will serve as a case manager for ..
- ASTHMA AND ALLERGIC DISEASES CENTERThomas Platts Mills; Fiscal Year: 2000..These studies will use PCR for rhinovirus and simple markers of inflammation (e.g. nasal ECP and exhaled NO) which are suitable for epidemiological studies or monitoring of acute asthma...
- DOSE-RESPONSE CURVE FOR MELATONIN IN THE ELDERLYAlfred Lewy; Fiscal Year: 2000..the endogenous melatonin onset, if melatonin is given in the morning, it causes the endogenous circadian pacemaker (ECP) to phase delay (shift to a later time), as if the ECP were perceiving a later dawn...
- Targeted Assisted Combinational SynthesisSteven Benner; Fiscal Year: 2004..cancer, and a variety of other diseases; (b) the eosinophil cationic proteirdeosinophil-derived neurotoxin (ECP/EDN) family, which plays key roles in allergy, anaphylaxis, and inflammation...
- Contraceptive Practice /Delivery -- Community PharmaciesJacqueline Gardner; Fiscal Year: 2005..Emergency contraceptive pills (ECP) are efficiently provided by community pharmacists and women report satisfaction with the direct access...
- AIRWAY INFLAMMATION IN EXERCISE-INDUCED ASTHMATEAL HALLSTRAND; Fiscal Year: 2004..Neutrophils, Monocytes, Basophils), Th2 cytokines, eosinophil and neutrophil chemokines, and mediators (ECP, MBP, leukotrienes, histamine, tryptase) within the airways during the late asthmatic response to exercise...
- NOVEL METHOD FOR ENHANCEMENT OF IABC CARDIAC ASSISTANCEVinayak Kini; Fiscal Year: 2001..new device for enhanced-IABC cardiac assist attempts to extend the philosophy of the remarkably successful enhanced-ECP (EECP) approach to the MICP field...
- TRANSGENIC MOUSE MODEL EVALUATIONRaymond Tice; Fiscal Year: 1999The overall research goal of the Environmental Carcinogenesis Program (ECP) is to provide insight into the mechanisms by which environmental agents cause disease...
- Therapeutic anti-angiogenesis and tumor microenvironmentTimothy Lane; Fiscal Year: 2009..hypothesis of this application is that genetic modification of bone marrow-derived endothelial cell progenitors (BM-ECP) can effectively reduce neovascularization in tumors...
- Increased Access to Emergency Contraceptive PillsElizabeth Raymond; Fiscal Year: 2004..These secondary analyses should help explain the primary biologic outcomes and should be useful in the development of counseling messages and service protocols in the future. ..
- TCR DNA IMMUNIZATION FOR 2B411 T CELL LYMPHOMAMichael Girardi; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Gene regulation in N. gonorrhoeae upon host cell contactCINDY ARVIDSON; Fiscal Year: 2006..Additionally, the tools developed here will be of general use in characterizing gene expression in this important pathogen in response to any environmental change, drug treatment, or genetic background. ..
- ESTIMATING EFFICACY OF A MEDICAL INTERVENTIONJames Trussell; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Preventing Unintended Pregnancy: Male Self-efficacyCHRISTY SHERMAN; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Evolution of vertebrate sensory genesJianzhi Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies will also help understand human smell and taste variations and disorders. ..
- MOLECULAR MECHANISMS OF BONE MARROW INDUCED TOLERANCEJames George; Fiscal Year: 2003..The information generated will provide information regarding the specific cellular and subcellular events that are critical to the induction and maintenance of tolerance in this system. ..
- PHASE III TRIAL OF TETRATHIOMOLYBDATE IN PRIMARY BILIAR*George Brewer; Fiscal Year: 2007..Abstract Not Provided ..
- EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT OVERCROWDING AND QUALITY OF ACUTE ASTHMA CARE FOR CHILDRENMarion Sills; Fiscal Year: 2008..Because the study centers on a priority population-children-it also [unreadable] addresses the AHRQ mission of assessing the quality of care for vulnerable populations. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Simplified Tai Chi for Reducing Fibromyalgia PainCHRISTY SHERMAN; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Genetics of Morning/Evening Types in the Blind/SightedJonathan Emens; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Toll-Like Receptor-Complex in Intestinal Epith. CellsMaria Abreu; Fiscal Year: 2007..The results of our studies have important implications for understanding host-microbial interactions and the inter-relationship between the innate and adaptive immune systems in the gut. ..
- URINE AND BLADDER MARKERS OF INTERSTITIAL CYSTITISDeborah Erickson; Fiscal Year: 2003..The markers with the strongest associations will be useful for future basic and clinical research directed towards specific etiologies of IC. This focused research will lead to improved, specific treatments for IC. ..
- Global Gene Expression in Chronic RhinosinusitisDOUGLAS PLAGER; Fiscal Year: 2005..These new molecular approaches should shed light on the mechanisms of CRS and open novel avenues for diagnosis and treatment of this difficult disease. ..
- Ventilator-Induced Lung Injury in ChildrenSabrina Heidemann; Fiscal Year: 2004..The results of this study may serve as the basis for a multicenter clinical trial. ..