Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: endothelin 1
Description: endothelin 1
Alias: ARCND3, ET1, HDLCQ7, PPET1, QME, endothelin-1, preproendothelin-1
Publications267 found, 100 shown here
- Induction of apoptosis and endothelin-1 secretion in primary human lung endothelial cells by HIV-1 gp120 proteinsGeorgette D Kanmogne
Department of Pharmacology and Experimental Neuroscience, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 333:1107-15. 2005..These data suggest that secreted HIV gp120 proteins induce lung endothelial cell injury and could contribute to the development of HIV-associated pulmonary hypertension...
- Influence of an insertion variant in the 5'UTR of the endothelin-1 gene on orthostatic intoleranceRobert Winker
Division of Occupational Medicine, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Am J Med Sci 330:166-71. 2005..The aim of this study was therefore to ascertain whether this frequent variant of the endothelin-1 gene influences the risk for orthostatic intolerance...
- Signalling and regulation of collagen I synthesis by ET-1 and TGF-beta1Angelika Horstmeyer
Department of Dermatology, University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
FEBS J 272:6297-309. 2005..Thereby, long-time stimulation by ET-1 resulted in a changed ET-receptor subtype ratio and in a biphasic CTGF induction...
- Endogenous endothelin-1 signaling contributes to type I collagen and CCN2 overexpression in fibrotic fibroblastsXu Shi-Wen
Centre for Rheumatology, Department of Medicine, Royal Free and University College Medical School, Rowland Hill Street, London NW3 2PF, UK
Matrix Biol 26:625-32. 2007..Thus endogenous endothelin signaling contributes to the fibrotic phenotype of fibrotic fibroblasts, suggesting that antagonizing endothelin receptors may be of benefit in combating fibrotic disease...
- Endothelin 1 activates and sensitizes human C-nociceptorsBarbara Namer
Department of Physiology and Pathophysiology, University of Erlangen Nurnberg, Germany
Pain 137:41-9. 2008..Various concentrations of Endothelin1 (ET1) and Histamine were injected into the receptive fields of C-fibers...
- Functional analysis of cell-free-produced human endothelin B receptor reveals transmembrane segment 1 as an essential area for ET-1 binding and homodimer formationChristian Klammt
Centre for Biomolecular Magnetic Resonance, Institute for Biophysical Chemistry, University of Frankfurt Main, Germany
FEBS J 274:3257-69. 2007..Our approach represents an efficient expression technique for G-protein-coupled receptors such as human endothelin B receptor, and might provide a valuable tool for fast structural and functional characterizations...
- Contribution of endothelin 1 to the vascular effects of diesel exhaust inhalation in humansJeremy P Langrish
Centre for Cardiovascular Sciences, University of Edinburgh, 49 Little France Crescent, Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Hypertension 54:910-5. 2009..Given the tonic interaction between the ET and NO systems, we conclude that diesel exhaust inhalation alters vascular reactivity to ET-1 probably through its effects on NO bioavailability...
- Endothelial cell-derived endothelin-1 promotes cardiac fibrosis in diabetic hearts through stimulation of endothelial-to-mesenchymal transitionBambang Widyantoro
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, 7 5 1 Kusunoki cho, Chuo Ku, Kobe 650 0017, Japan
Circulation 121:2407-18. 2010..The underlying mechanism, however, remains elusive. Here, we hypothesize that ET-1 might contribute to the accumulation of cardiac fibroblasts through an endothelial-to-mesenchymal transition in diabetic hearts...
- A causal role for endothelin-1 in the pathogenesis of osteoblastic bone metastasesJuan Juan Yin
Department of Molecular Medicine, University of Texas Health Science Center, Institute for Drug Development, 14960 Omicron Drive, San Antonio, TX 78245, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:10954-9. 2003..Tumor-produced endothelin-1 may have a major role in the establishment of osteoblastic bone metastases, and endothelin A receptor blockade represents effective treatment...
- Molecular programming of endothelin-1 in HIV-infected brain: role of Tat in up-regulation of ET-1 and its inhibition by statinsAshok Chauhan
Department of Neurology, Richard Johnson Division of Neuro Immunology and Neurological Infections, The Johns Hopkins University, 509 Pathology, 600 N Wolfe St, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
FASEB J 21:777-89. 2007..Our findings suggest that ET-1 may be critical in mediating the neuropathogenesis of HIV dementia and that statins may have therapeutic potential in these patients...
- Endothelin-1 and transforming growth factor-beta1 independently induce fibroblast resistance to apoptosis via AKT activationPriya Kulasekaran
Department of Medicine, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 5642, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 41:484-93. 2009..These findings suggest the potential for novel therapies targeting the convergence of prosurvival signaling pathways activated by these two profibrotic mediators...
- Polymorphisms in the endothelin-1 (EDN1) are associated with asthma in two populationsG Zhu
Medical Genetics, GlaxoSmithKline, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Genes Immun 9:23-9. 2008..The results of haplotype-based association analyses strongly supported the ones of single SNP associations. This study demonstrates the significant evidence of association between polymorphisms in EDN1 and asthma...
- Endothelin-1 induces expression of matrix-associated genes in lung fibroblasts through MEK/ERKShi wen Xu
Centre for Rheumatology, Department of Medicine, Royal Free and University College London, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 279:23098-103. 2004..Our results suggest that ET-1 induces a program of matrix synthesis in lung fibroblasts and that ET-1 may play a key role in connective tissue deposition during wound repair and in pulmonary fibrosis...
- Enhanced endothelin-1-mediated leg vascular tone in healthy older subjectsDick H J Thijssen
Department of Physiology, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Geert Grooteplein Noord 21, 6525 EZ, Nijmegen, PO Box 9101, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Appl Physiol (1985) 103:852-7. 2007..05 for comparison with pretraining). The flow ratio (blood flows infused leg/noninfused leg) decreased significantly by training from 26 +/- 8% to 7+3% (P < 0.05)...
- Endothelin-1 levels and albuminuria in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitusClaudete M Zanatta
Endocrine Division, Hospital de Clinicas de Porto Alegre, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, Brazil
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 80:299-304. 2008..To evaluate the relationship of plasma endothelin-1 (ET-1) levels, a marker of endothelial dysfunction, and urinary albumin excretion in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus (DM)...
- Leptin induces endothelin-1 in endothelial cells in vitroPeter Quehenberger
Department of Medical and Chemical Laboratory Diagnostics, University of Vienna, Austria
Circ Res 90:711-8. 2002..Thus, leptin upregulates ET-1 production in HUVECs via a mechanism potentially involving jun binding members of the bZIP family...
- HIV-1-induced production of endothelin-1 in an in vitro model of the human blood-brain barrierNathalie Didier
CEA, Laboratoire d Etudes du Métabolisme des Médicaments, Service de Pharmacologie et d Immunologie, DRM DSV, Batiment 136, 91191 Gif sur Yvette, France
Neuroreport 13:1179-83. 2002..These results show that one mechanism by which HIV-1 might affect the CNS is by inducing release of ET-1 by the BBB...
- Serum levels of endothelin-1 (ET-1), interleukin-2 (IL-2) and amino-terminal propeptide type III procollagen (PIII NP) in patients with acute and chronic filariasisI M el-Sharkawy
Department of Parasitology, Faculty of Medicine, Ain Shams University, Cairo 11566, Egypt
J Egypt Soc Parasitol 31:169-76. 2001..These three immuno-mediators play role in the pathogenesis of filariasis particularly. The chronic cases. So, these mediators can be used as markers for diagnosis of human cases infected with chronic and acute filariasis...
- The double heterozygote of two endothelin-1 gene polymorphisms (G8002A and -3A/-4A) is related to big endothelin levels in chronic heart failureA Vasku
Institute of Pathological Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, Masaryk University, Komenskeho nam 2, 662 43 Brno, Czech Republic
Exp Mol Pathol 73:230-3. 2002..22; 95% confidence interval = 0.07-0.79; P = 0.02). The double heterozygote variants of two ET-1 gene polymorphisms were associated with significantly less risk for chronic heart failure with higher levels of big endothelin...
- Gender-specific association between preproendothelin-1 genotype and reduction of systolic blood pressure during antihypertensive treatment--results from the Swedish Irbesartan Left Ventricular Hypertrophy Investigation versus Atenolol (SILVHIA)P Hallberg
Department of Medical Sciences, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
Clin Cardiol 27:287-90. 2004..No study has yet determined the effect of this polymorphism on the change in blood pressure during antihypertensive treatment...
- Plasma endothelin-1 in hemodialysis treatment - the influence of hypertensionIoannis Stefanidis
Division of Nephrology, University of Thessalia School of Medicine, Larissa, Greece
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 44:S43-8. 2004..g. foreign surface contact) occurring during hemodialysis...
- Endothelin-1 gene variants and levels associate with adaptation to hypobaric hypoxia in high-altitude nativesCharu Rajput
Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology, Delhi 110 007, India Centre for Biotechnology, Hamdard University, New Delhi 110 062, India
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 341:1218-24. 2006..Interaction between these alleles and association with lower ET-1 levels strengthen their association with high-altitude adaptation. Presence of such alleles in sojourners may help in acclimatization...
- Evaluation of C-reactive protein, endothelin-1, adhesion molecule(s), and lipids as inflammatory markers in type 2 diabetes mellitus patientsHala El-Mesallamy
Biochemistry Department, Faculty of Pharmacy, Ain Shams University, Abbassia, Cairo 11566, Egypt
Mediators Inflamm 2007:73635. 2007..P-selectin and ICAM-1 were significantly positively correlated. This study indicates that increased level of oxidative stress marker, proinflammatory markers, and their downstream effectors adhesion molecules occur in type 2 DM...
- Regulation of endothelin-1 release from human endothelial cells by sex steroids and angiotensin-IILachlan J Pearson
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Christchurch School of Medicine and Health Sciences, University of Otago, Christchurch, New Zealand
Peptides 29:1057-61. 2008..We conclude that there is potential for coordinated modulation by sex steroids and angiotensin-II of vasoactive peptide production in human endothelial cells...
- The endothelin-1 G5665T polymorphism impacts transplant-free survival for single ventricle patientsPaul M Kirshbom
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Department of Surgery, Emory University School of Medicine and Children s Healthcare of Atlanta, Atlanta, GA, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 136:117-22. 2008..The goal of this study was to determine whether this single nucleotide polymorphism alters transplant-free survival for children with single-ventricle congenital heart disease...
- Abnormally increased nitric oxide synthesis and increased endothelin-1 in plasma in patients with obstructive sleep apnoeaP H Gjørup
Department of Medical Research, Holstebro Hospital, Holstebro, Denmark
Scand J Clin Lab Invest 68:375-85. 2008....
- Involvement of endothelin-1 in habitual exercise-induced increase in arterial complianceS Maeda
Center for Tsukuba Advanced Research Alliance, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
Acta Physiol (Oxf) 196:223-9. 2009..The aim of the present study was to examine whether ET-1 is involved in the mechanisms underlying the increase in central arterial compliance with aerobic exercise training...
- Endothelin-1 expression in prostate cancer and high grade prostatic intraepithelial neoplasiaRobert Rosenblatt
Department of Oncology Pathology, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Anal Quant Cytol Histol 31:137-42. 2009..To investigate the prognostic value of endothelin-1 (ET-1), a vasoconstrictor involved in differentiation and growth of cancer, in prostate cancer...
- Correlation between endothelin-1 and atherosclerosis in chronic hemodialysis patientsHong Liu
Division of Nephrology, Second Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Nephrology Institute of Central South University, Changsha, PRC
J Nephrol 23:593-602. 2010..The aim of the present report was to examine the possible association between carotid IMT and serum ET-1 level and ET-1 expression in the internal iliac artery (IIA) wall in chronic hemodialysis (HD) patients...
- Endothelin-1 is elevated in Alzheimer's disease brain microvessels and is neuroprotectiveJinhua Luo
Garrison Institute on Aging, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Lubbock, TX 79430, USA
J Alzheimers Dis 21:887-96. 2010..These data demonstrate that in the brain microvasculature dysfunctional or stressed endothelial cells express ET-1 and that this protein promotes the survival of brain neurons exposed to injury...
- Endothelin-1 and brain natriuretic peptide plasma levels decrease after aortic surgeryGiuseppe M Raffa
Department of Cardiac Surgery, IRCCS Istituto Clinico Humanitas, Rozzano MI, Italy
J Heart Valve Dis 19:724-30. 2010..The study aim was to monitor the circulating plasma levels of these peptides in patients affected by aortic disease, and to identify any changes in such levels after surgical treatment...
- Endothelin-1 levels predict endothelial progenitor cell mobilization after acute myocardial infarctionXavier Freixa
Cardiology Department, Hospital Clinic, University of Barcelona, Spain
Microvasc Res 82:177-81. 2011..However, the relationship between them has never been assessed. The objective of the present study was to establish the relationship between ET-1, CEC, and EPC concentrations after ST-elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI)...
- Disulfide bonds in big ET-1 are essential for the specific cleavage at the Trp(21)-Val(22) bond by soluble endothelin converting enzyme-1 from baculovirus/insect cellsD C Fahnoe
Parke Davis Pharmaceutical Research, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48105, USA
Arch Biochem Biophys 373:385-93. 2000..This simple and rapid assay can greatly facilitate discovery of novel ECE inhibitors useful as pharmaceutical agents...
- beta-Catenin activates the growth factor endothelin-1 in colon cancer cellsTae Hoon Kim
Laboratory of Gene Regulation, Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, UCSD School of Medicine, 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Oncogene 24:597-604. 2005..These results indicate EDN1 overexpression as a major cause in colon cancers and reveal further details of the genetic programs responsible for tumorigenesis of colon cancers...
- TNF-alpha induces interleukin-8 and endothelin-1 expression in human endothelial cells with different redox pathwaysRuo Zhi Zhao
Diabetes Research Group, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Man, Canada R3E 3P4
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 327:985-92. 2005..Thus, TNF-alpha significantly induces both IL-8 and ET-1 gene expression in HMECs possibly through different redox signaling pathways. H(2)O(2) enhances TNF-alpha-induced IL-8 expression, but inhibits TNF-alpha-induced ET-1 expression...
- Contribution of endogenous endothelin-1 to basal vascular tone during normal pregnancy and preeclampsiaG Ajne
Department of Obstetrics, Karolinska University Hospital Huddinge, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Am J Obstet Gynecol 193:234-40. 2005..The aim of this study was to determine the physiologic role for endogenous endothelin in the regulation of vascular tone during normal pregnancy and preeclampsia. The vascular sensitivity to endothelin-1 during pregnancy was studied also...
- Positive inter-regulation between beta-catenin/T cell factor-4 signaling and endothelin-1 signaling potentiates proliferation and survival of prostate cancer cellsPing Sun
Burnham Institute for Medical Research, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Mol Pharmacol 69:520-31. 2006..The positive inter-regulation between beta-cat/Tcf-4 signaling and ET-1 signaling potentiates proliferation and survival of CaP cells, thereby representing a novel mechanism that contributes to CaP progression...
- Endothelin-1 gene and endothelial nitric oxide synthase gene polymorphisms in adolescents with juvenile and obesity-associated hypertensionA Barath
Department of Pediatrics, Albert Szent Gyorgyi Medical and Pharmaceutical Center, University of Szeged, Koranyi fasor 14 15, H 6721 Szeged, Hungary
Acta Physiol Hung 94:49-66. 2007..This study with adolescents facilitates an understanding of the genetic factors promoting juvenile hypertension and obesity...
- Augmented epithelial endothelin-1 expression in refractory asthmaSophie Pegorier
INSERM U700, Paris, and Université Paris 7, Faculté de Médecine Denis Diderot, Site Xavier Bichat, Paris, France
J Allergy Clin Immunol 120:1301-7. 2007..Airway remodeling in patients with severe steroid-refractory asthma might result from a reduced ability of steroid therapy to limit the transcription of remodeling factors by the bronchial epithelium...
- Endothelin-1 gene variant Lys198Asn and plasma endothelin level in obstructive sleep apneaKonstanze Diefenbach
Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Cardiology 112:62-8. 2009..Our results indicate that the Lys198Asn polymorphism is associated with the severity of OSA in obese subjects. The EDN1 plasma level cannot be used as a marker for OSA or its severity...
- Pyk2 mediates endothelin-1 signaling via p130Cas/BCAR3 cascade and regulates human glomerular mesangial cell adhesion and spreadingVictoriya A Rufanova
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, Kidney Disease Center, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53226, USA
J Cell Physiol 219:45-56. 2009..Our data suggest that ET-1 stimulated the GTPase Rap1 (but neither RhoA nor Ras) by a mechanism involving Pyk2 activation and recruitment of the p130Cas/BCAR3 complex in GMC...
- Endothelin-1 gene polymorphism and hearing impairment in elderly JapaneseYasue Uchida
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, National Center for Geriatrics and Gerontology, Obu, Japan
Laryngoscope 119:938-43. 2009..To investigate the association between the Lys198Asn (G/T) polymorphism (rs5370) in the endothelin-1 gene (EDN1) and hearing impairment in middle-aged and elderly Japanese...
- Glucose-induced endothelin-1 expression is regulated by ERK5 in the endothelial cells and retina of diabetic ratsYuexiu Wu
Department of Pathology, University of Western Ontario, Schulich School of Medicine and Dentistry, London, ON N6A 5A5, Canada
Can J Physiol Pharmacol 88:607-15. 2010Upregulation of endothelin 1 (ET-1) causing blood flow alteration and increased extracellular matrix production are characteristic features of diabetic angiopathy...
- Factors associated with changes in endothelin-1 gene expression in patients with diabetic retinopathy in type 2 diabetes mellitusBarbara Strzalka-Mrozik
Department of Molecular Biology, Medical University of Silesia, Sosnowiec, Poland
Mol Vis 16:1272-9. 2010....
- Beta-arrestin-1 mediates the endothelin-1-induced activation of Akt and integrin-linked kinaseRoberta Cianfrocca
Laboratory of Molecular Pathology, Regina Elena Cancer Institute, Via delle Messi d Oro 156, Rome, Italy
Can J Physiol Pharmacol 88:796-801. 2010....
- Endothelin-1 gene regulationLisa R Stow
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
FASEB J 25:16-28. 2011..The goal of this review is to provide a comprehensive overview of the specific factors and signaling systems that govern edn1 activity at the molecular level...
- Endothelin-1 increases collagen accumulation in renal mesangial cells by stimulating a chemokine and cytokine autocrine signaling loopMichael S Simonson
Department of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
J Biol Chem 286:11003-8. 2011..Taken together, these results demonstrate that an autocrine signaling loop involving MCP-1 and IL-6 contributes to ET-1-induced collagen accumulation...
- Solution structure of a novel ETB receptor selective agonist ET1-21 [Cys(Acm)1,15, Aib3,11, Leu7] by nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy and molecular modellingC M Hewage
Department of Chemistry, University of Edinburgh, UK
J Pept Res 53:223-33. 1999The solution structure of a biologically active modified linear endothelin-1 analogue, ET1-21[Cys(Acm)1,15, Aib3,11, Leu7], has been determined for the first time by two-dimensional nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy in a methanol-..
- Interactions of lymphotoxin alpha (TNF-beta), angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE), and endothelin-1 (ET-1) gene polymorphisms in adult periodontitisL I Holla
Institute of Pathological Physiology, Medical Faculty, Masaryk University Brno, Czech Republic
J Periodontol 72:85-9. 2001..To investigate whether the genes encoded within the HLA class III region may confer susceptibility to periodontitis, polymorphisms in the ET-1 and TNF-beta genes were analyzed together with the I/D polymorphism of the ACE gene...
- Shear-induced changes in endothelin-1 secretion of microvascular endothelial cellsG X Wang
College of Bioengineering, Key Laboratory for Biomechanics and Tissue Engineering, Chongqing University, Chongqing, 400044, PR China
Microvasc Res 63:209-17. 2002..Consequently, the heterogeneity of vascular endothelial cells and the duration of shear should both be considered in future research on the secretion of vascular endothelial cell cultures...
- Plasma endothelin-1 levels and albumin excretion rate in normotensive, microalbuminuric type 2 diabetic patientsC M Bruno
Department of Internal Medicine and Systemic Diseases, University of Catania, Italy
J Biol Regul Homeost Agents 16:114-7. 2002....
- UV-induction of keratinocyte endothelin-1 downregulates E-cadherin in melanocytes and melanoma cellsSumayah Jamal
The Ronald O Perelman Department of Dermatology, and the Department of Microbiology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York 10016, USA
J Clin Invest 110:443-52. 2002..ET-1 also induces a transient association between caspase-8 and E-cadherin:beta-catenin complexes. Hence, activation of the ET-1/ET(B) pathway promotes molecular events known to promote melanoma invasion...
- Endothelin-1 promotes myofibroblast induction through the ETA receptor via a rac/phosphoinositide 3-kinase/Akt-dependent pathway and is essential for the enhanced contractile phenotype of fibrotic fibroblastsXu Shi-Wen
Centre for Rheumatology, Royal Free and University College Medical School, London NW3 2PF, United Kingdom
Mol Biol Cell 15:2707-19. 2004..Thus, blocking ET-1 or the PI3-kinase/Akt cascades might be beneficial in reducing scar formation in pulmonary fibrosis...
- The secretion of endothelin-1 by microvascular endothelial cells from human benign prostatic hyperplasia is inhibited by vascular endothelial growth factorAxel Stachon
Institute of Clinical Chemistry, Transfusion, and Laboratory Medicine, University Clinic BG Bergmannsheil, Ruhr University of Bochum, Buerkle de la Camp Platz 1, D 44789 Bochum, Germany
Growth Factors 22:281-9. 2004..Because of the suppression by the widespread VEGF, it is unlikely that ET-1 from the microvascular endothelium acts as a growth factor in human BPH...
- Endothelin-1 is a novel prognostic factor in non-small cell lung cancerC Arun
Department of Surgery, University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust, United Kingdom
Int J Biol Markers 19:262-7. 2004..8 pg/mL being associated with a worse outcome. The development of selective ET-1 antagonists such as Atrasentan indicates that ET-1 may be a therapeutic target in NSCLC...
- Endothelin-1 induces CXCL1 and CXCL8 secretion in human melanoma cellsCatherine R Mangahas
The Ronald O Perelman Department of Dermatology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York, USA
J Invest Dermatol 125:307-11. 2005..This study demonstrates that ET-1 additionally induces secretion of CXC chemokines critical for melanoma metastasis and tumor progression...
- Integrin-linked kinase functions as a downstream mediator of endothelin-1 to promote invasive behavior in ovarian carcinomaLaura Rosanò
Laboratory of Molecular Pathology and Ultrastructure, Regina Elena Cancer Institute, Via delle Messi d Oro 156, 00158 Rome, Italy
Mol Cancer Ther 5:833-42. 2006..These data show that ILK functions as a downstream mediator of the ET-1/ET(A)R axis to potentiate aggressive cellular behavior. Thus, the ILK-related signaling cascade can be efficiently targeted by pharmacologic blockade of ET(A)R...
- Constitutive ALK5-independent c-Jun N-terminal kinase activation contributes to endothelin-1 overexpression in pulmonary fibrosis: evidence of an autocrine endothelin loop operating through the endothelin A and B receptorsXu Shi-Wen
Centre for Rheumatology, Department of Medicine, Royal Free and University College Medical School, Rowland Hill Street, London NW3 2PF, United Kingdom
Mol Cell Biol 26:5518-27. 2006....
- Investigations on the association between normal tension glaucoma and single nucleotide polymorphisms of the endothelin-1 and endothelin receptor genesSeok Hwan Kim
Department of Ophthalmology, Seoul National University Hospital, Seoul, Korea
Mol Vis 12:1016-21. 2006..We investigated whether polymorphisms of the endothelin-1, endothelin receptor type A, and endothelin receptor type B genes were associated with NTG...
- Genetic analysis of 103 candidate genes for coronary artery disease and associated phenotypes in a founder population reveals a new association between endothelin-1 and high-density lipoprotein cholesterolGuillaume Pare
McGill University and Genome Quebec Innovation Centre, Montreal, Canada
Am J Hum Genet 80:673-82. 2007..Using an independent validation sample of 806 individuals, we confirm the EDN1 association (P<.005), whereas the LCAT association was nonsignificant (P=.12)...
- Effect of peripheral endothelin-1 concentration on carcinoma-induced pain in miceVictoria Pickering
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, C 522, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0440, USA
Eur J Pain 12:293-300. 2008..These results suggest that future treatment regimens for cancer pain directed at ET-1 receptor antagonism show promise and may be tumor type specific...
- [Relationship between neurokinin B and endothelin-1 and hypertensive disorders complicating pregnancy]Zhi Min Li
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Union Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430022, China
Zhonghua Fu Chan Ke Za Zhi 43:584-8. 2008..To investigate the relationship between neurokinin B (NKB), endothelin-1 (ET-1) and the pathogenesis of hypertensive disorder complicating pregnancy (HDCP)...
- Roles of endothelin-1 and selected proinflammatory cytokines in the pathogenesis of proliferative diabetic retinopathy: Analysis of vitreous samplesJ Adamiec-Mroczek
Department of Ophthalmology, Wroclaw Medical University, Poland
Cytokine 49:269-74. 2010..To investigate the roles of endothelin-1(ET-1), TNF-alpha, IL-6 in the pathogenesis of proliferative diabetic retinopathy (PDR) in type 2 diabetes...
- Structural organization and chromosomal assignment of the gene encoding endothelinK D Bloch
Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts
J Biol Chem 264:10851-7. 1989..On the basis of DNA isolated from human-mouse somatic hybrid cell lines, the endothelin gene was assigned to human chromosome 6...
- Endothelin 1, an endothelium-derived peptide, is expressed in neurons of the human spinal cord and dorsal root gangliaA Giaid
Department of Histochemistry, Royal Postgraduate Medical School, London, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 86:7634-8. 1989The localization of endothelin 1 mRNA and endothelin-like immunoreactivity was investigated in samples of neurologically normal nervous system tissue from 10 adults by using in situ hybridization and immunocytochemistry...
- A comparison of X-ray and NMR structures for human endothelin-1B A Wallace
Department of Crystallography, Birkbeck College, University of London, United Kingdom
Protein Sci 4:75-83. 1995..Comparisons between the X-ray structure and the NMR NOE constraints highlight the regions of flexibility and environment-induced diversity in the endothelin structures...
- Endothelin-1 is induced by cytokines in human vascular smooth muscle cells: evidence for intracellular endothelin-converting enzymeM Woods
Vascular Inflammation, The William Harvey Research Institute, St Bartholomew s and the Royal London School of Medicine and Dentistry, Charterhouse Square, London, United Kingdom
Mol Pharmacol 55:902-9. 1999....
- The Lys198Asn polymorphism in the endothelin-1 gene is associated with blood pressure in overweight peopleL Tiret
INSERM U525, 17 Rue du Fer a Moulin, 75005 Paris, France
Hypertension 33:1169-74. 1999..However, a G/T polymorphism predicting an Lys/Asn change (ET1/C198) strongly interacted (P<0.001) with body mass index in the determination of blood pressure levels...
- Endothelin-1 potentiates human smooth muscle cell growth to PDGF: effects of ETA and ETB receptor blockadeZ Yang
Cardiovascular Research, Institute of Physiology, University Zürich Irchel and Cardiology, University Hospital Zurich, Switzerland
Circulation 100:5-8. 1999..However, its mitogenic effects on vascular smooth muscle cells (SMCs) remain controversial. We investigated the role of ET-1 in human SMC growth and its synergistic effect with platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF)...
- Duration of non-Insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus and the TNF-beta NcoI genotype as predictive factors in proliferative diabetic retinopathyK Kankova
Department of Pathophysiology, Faculty of Medicine, Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic
Ophthalmologica 215:294-8. 2001The object of the study was to investigate the share of the polymorphisms I/D ACE, endothelin 1 4127G/A and TNF-beta NcoI in the susceptibility to proliferative diabetic retinopathy (PDR) in non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus (NIDDM)...
- Association between the endothelin-1 gene Lys198Asn polymorphism blood pressure and plasma endothelin-1 levels in normal and pre-eclamptic pregnancyA E Barden
University of Western Australia, Department of Medicine, Royal Perth Hospital, Perth, Australia
J Hypertens 19:1775-82. 2001..This study examined the frequency of the Lys198Asn polymorphism in the endothelin-1 (ET-1) gene in women with pre-eclampsia and normal pregnancy; and its contribution to levels of plasma ET-1 and blood pressure...
- Endothelin-1 gene variant associates with blood pressure in obese Japanese subjects: the Ohasama StudyT Asai
Department of Geriatric Medicine, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Suita, Japan
Hypertension 38:1321-4. 2001..8 mm Hg (P=0.04) higher than in those with GG genotype. That similar results were obtained from subjects of different races suggests that the Lys198Asn polymorphism of ET-1 is involved in determination of BP levels in obese subjects...
- Association of endothelin-1 gene variant with hypertensionJing Ji Jin
Department of Geriatric Medicine, School of Medicine, Ehime University, Onsen gun, Ehime, Japan
Hypertension 41:163-7. 2003..Considering the combined impact of obesity and hypertension on the development of cardiovascular and cerebrovascular disorders, T allele carriers might represent elective targets for therapy to lower their body weight...
- Urinary excretion of endothelin-1 in children with absorptive idiopathic hypercalciuriaPolyxeni Nicolaidou
First Pediatric Department, Athens University Medical School, Aghia Sophia Children s Hospital, Athens, Greece
Pediatr Nephrol 18:1157-60. 2003..54 pg/ml, P=0.0001). In conclusion, patients with AIH had increased urinary ET-1 excretion and decreased plasma ET-1 levels. This is most likely due to the decreased reabsorption of ET-1 in the renal tubule and increased renal production...
- Endothelin 1 promotes osteoarthritic cartilage degradation via matrix metalloprotease 1 and matrix metalloprotease 13 inductionMarjolaine Roy-Beaudry
Osteoarthritis Research Unit, Hopital Notre Dame, Centre Hospitalier de l Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Arthritis Rheum 48:2855-64. 2003..Recently, it was suggested that endothelin 1 (ET-1), a potent vasoconstrictor, may be involved in MMP regulation...
- Angiogenesis and the ET-1/ETA receptor system: immunohistochemical expression analysis in bone metastases from patients with different primary tumorsM Medinger
Tumor Biology Center at the Albert Ludwigs University Hospital, Breisacherstr 117, 79106 Freiburg, Germany
Angiogenesis 6:225-31. 2003..The ET/ET(A) system can be detected in nearly all bone specimens and is upregulated in metastatic bone lesions in contrast to healthy bone tissue...
- Endothelin-1-, endothelin-A-, and endothelin-B-receptor expression is correlated with vascular endothelial growth factor expression and angiogenesis in breast cancerPia Wülfing
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Munster, Muenster, Germany
Clin Cancer Res 10:2393-400. 2004..The objective of the study was to clarify if expression of the ET axis participates in angiogenesis of breast carcinoma..
- Evaluation of the Lys198Asn and -134delA genetic polymorphisms of the endothelin-1 geneChihiro Tanaka
Research Institute, National Cardiovascular Center, Osaka, Japan
Hypertens Res 27:367-71. 2004....
- Endothelium-restricted overexpression of human endothelin-1 causes vascular remodeling and endothelial dysfunctionFarhad Amiri
Experimental Hypertension, Clinical Research Institute of Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Circulation 110:2233-40. 2004..To directly test the role of endothelium-derived ET-1 in cardiovascular pathophysiology, we specifically targeted expression of the human preproET-1 gene to the endothelium by using the Tie-2 promoter in C57BL/6 mice...
- Endothelin-1 in osteoarthritic chondrocytes triggers nitric oxide production and upregulates collagenase productionChristina Alexandra Manacu
Research Center, Sainte Justine Hospital, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Arthritis Res Ther 7:R324-32. 2005..ET-1 also induces NO release via iNOS induction. ET-1 and NO should thus become important target molecules for future therapies aimed at stopping cartilage destruction...
- Transforming growth factor-beta induces endothelin-1 expression through activation of the Smad signaling pathwayFernando Rodriguez-Pascual
Departamento de Estructura y Función de Proteínas, Centro de Investigaciones Biologicas, C S I C, Instituto Reina Sofía de Investigaciones Nefrológicas, Madrid, Spain
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 44:S39-42. 2004..These results demonstrate that transforming growth factor-beta induces endothelin-1 expression by a functional cooperation between Smads and activator protein-1 through activation of the Smad signaling pathway...
- Endothelin-1 inhibits apoptosis in prostate cancerJoel B Nelson
Department of Urology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15232, USA
Neoplasia 7:631-7. 2005..These data support the combination of ET(A) antagonists and apoptosis-inducing therapies for prostate cancer treatment...
- Interactive effects of anger expression and ET-1 Lys198Asn polymorphism on vasoconstriction reactivity to behavioral stressKristen M Rabineau
Department of Psychiatry, Medical College of Georgia, Georgia Prevention Institute, Augusta 30912, USA
Ann Behav Med 30:85-9. 2005..African Americans (AAs) are at particular risk for development of EH, report greater anger difficulties, and exhibit greater vasoconstrictive reactivity than their European American (EA) counterparts...
- Endothelin-1 promotes epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition in human ovarian cancer cellsLaura Rosanò
Laboratory of Molecular Pathology and Ultrastructure, Regina Elena Cancer Institute, Rome, Italy
Cancer Res 65:11649-57. 2005..Collectively, these findings provide evidence of a critical role for the ET-1/ET(A)R axis during distinct steps of ovarian carcinoma progression and identify novel targets of therapeutic intervention...
- Elevated endothelin-1 levels impair nitric oxide homeostasis through a PKC-dependent pathwayDanny Ramzy
Heart Transplant Program, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Circulation 114:I319-26. 2006..We assessed the effects of elevated ET-1 levels as seen after I/R to determine if ET-1 modulates nitric oxide (NO) production via the translocation of specific protein kinase C (PKC) isoforms...
- Hemodynamic and clinical correlates of endothelin-1 in chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertensionHerre J Reesink
Department of Pulmonology, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Circ J 70:1058-63. 2006..Whether such correlations exist in chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension (CTEPH) is unknown, nor whether ET-1 levels correlate with hemodynamic outcome after pulmonary endarterectomy (PEA)...
- C-terminal pro-endothelin-1 offers additional prognostic information in patients after acute myocardial infarction: Leicester Acute Myocardial Infarction Peptide (LAMP) StudySohail Q Khan
Department of Cardiovascular Sciences, University of Leicester, Leicester Royal Infirmary, Leicester, UK
Am Heart J 154:736-42. 2007..We investigated the cardiovascular prognostic value post-AMI of CT-proET-1 and compared it to N-terminal pro-B-type natriuretic peptide (NTproBNP), a marker of death and HF...
- Effect of endothelin 1 genotype on blood pressure is dependent on physical activity or fitness levelsTuomo Rankinen
Human Genomics Laboratory, Pennington Biomedical Research Center, Baton Rouge, LA 70808, USA
Hypertension 50:1120-5. 2007Contributions of the DNA sequence variation at the endothelin 1 locus to the risk of hypertension and to endurance training-induced changes in blood pressure were investigated in the Aerobics Center Longitudinal Study and the Health, Risk ..
- Polymorphisms of the endothelin-1 gene associate with hypertension in patients with rheumatoid arthritisVasileios F Panoulas
Department of Rheumatology, Dudley Group of Hospitals NHS Trust, Russells Hall Hospital, Dudley, West Midlands, UK
Endothelium 15:203-12. 2008..These findings, if replicated in future studies, could be used as a screening tool for RA patients at increased hypertension, and thus cardiovascular, risk...
- EDN1 Lys198Asn is associated with diabetic retinopathy in type 2 diabetesHaitao Li
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China
Mol Vis 14:1698-704. 2008..We tested the hypothesis that genetic variants in vasoactive and angiogenic factors regulating the retina vasculature contribute to the development of diabetic retinopathy (DR)...
- Endothelin-1 promotes migration of endothelial cells through the activation of ARF6 and the regulation of FAK activityZeinab Daher
Department of Biochemistry, Membrane Protein Study Group GEPROM, Faculty of Medicine, University of Montreal, PO Box 6128, Downtown Station, Montreal, Canada H3C 3J7
Cell Signal 20:2256-65. 2008..Taken together, our data suggest that ARF6 is central in regulating focal adhesion turnover in endothelial cells. Our study provides a molecular mechanism by which, this small GTPase regulates cell motility, and ultimately angiogenesis...
- Impact of endothelin-1 Lys198Asn polymorphism on coronary artery disease and endorgan damage in hypertensivesAron Frederik Popov
Department of Thoracic Cardiovascular Surgery, University of Gottingen, Germany
Coron Artery Dis 19:429-34. 2008..The purpose of this study was to investigate the role of endothelin-1 Lys198Asn polymorphism in patients with severe arterial hypertension as well as associated endorgan damages...
- Association of endothelin-1 gene polymorphisms with variant angina in Korean patientsJuyong Lee
Department of Internal Medicine, MetroWest Medical Center, Framingham, MA, USA
Clin Chem Lab Med 46:1575-80. 2008..We wanted to assess potential association between Korean variant angina and three polymorphisms of the ET-1 gene, which include the +138delA polymorphism in exon 1, G8002A polymorphism in intron 4 and Lys198Asn polymorphism in exon 5...
- Potential biomarkers for detecting pulmonary arterial hypertension in patients with systemic sclerosisPaola Coral-Alvarado
Rheumatology Unit, Universidad Nacional de Colombia, Carrera 30 calle 45, Bogota, Colombia
Rheumatol Int 29:1017-24. 2009..68 and P = 0.0019). In conclusions, the elevation of the serum levels of Eng and ET-1 could represent a useful tool as PAH biomarkers. Nevertheless, the diagnostic value of these markers needs to be determined by prospective studies...
- Synergistic induction of endothelin-1 by tumor necrosis factor alpha and interferon gamma is due to enhanced NF-kappaB binding and histone acetylation at specific kappaB sitesStephen J Wort
Department of Critical Care, National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College London, London SW3 6LY, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 284:24297-305. 2009..Understanding such mechanisms is crucial in determining the key control points in ET-1 release. This has particular relevance to developing novel treatments targeted at the inflammatory component of pulmonary vascular remodeling...
- Genes regulated by Nkx2-3 in siRNA-mediated knockdown B cells: implication of endothelin-1 in inflammatory bowel diseaseWei Yu
Department of Surgery, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Mol Genet Metab 100:88-95. 2010..05). Our present results demonstrate that a decrease in Nkx2-3 gene expression level can profoundly alter the expression of genes and cellular functions relevant to the pathogenesis and progression of IBD, such as EDN1...
- Inhibition of JAK/STAT signaling pathway prevents high-glucose-induced increase in endothelin-1 synthesis in human endothelial cellsSimona Adriana Manea
Institute of Cellular Biology and Pathology Nicolae Simionescu, 8 BP Hasdeu Street, 050568, Bucharest, Romania
Cell Tissue Res 340:71-9. 2010....
- Endothelin-1 (ET-1) increases the expression of remodeling genes in vascular smooth muscle through linked calcium and cAMP pathways: role of a phospholipase A(2)(cPLA(2))/cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2)/prostacyclin receptor-dependent autocrine loopKarl Deacon
Division of Respiratory Medicine, Centre for Respiratory Research, University of Nottingham, City Hospital Site, Hucknall Road, Nottingham, UK
J Biol Chem 285:25913-27. 2010....
- BMPR2 mutation alters the lung macrophage endothelin-1 cascade in a mouse model and patients with heritable pulmonary artery hypertensionM Talati
Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee 27232 2650, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 299:L363-73. 2010..This is the first description of protein expression that distinguishes HPAH from IPAH in patients...
- Endothelin-1 induces pulmonary but not aortic smooth muscle cell migration by activating ERK1/2 MAP kinaseDavid F Meoli
Aab Cardiovascular Research Institute and Department of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, University of Rochester, 400 Red Creek Drive, Suite 110, Rochester, NY 14623, USA
Can J Physiol Pharmacol 88:830-9. 2010b>Endothelin 1 (ET-1) is an endogenous peptide that promotes vasoconstriction, endothelial and smooth muscle cell (SMC) proliferation, and fibrosis...
- Identification of gene variants in NOS3, ET-1 and RAS that confer risk and protection against microangiopathy in type 2 diabetic obese subjectsSimona Adriana Manea
Institute of Cellular Biology and Pathology N Simionescu, 8, B P Hasdeu Street, 050568 Bucharest, Romania
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 407:486-90. 2011..microangiopathy-negative subjects. The study indicates association of RAS variants with obesity and nephropathy, and an opposite effect of NOS3 VNTR and NOS3 G894T on the occurrence of combined microangiopathy...
- ILSE SOFIA DAEHN; Fiscal Year: 2016..However, podocyte morphology remains normal while podocytes initially release endothelin 1 (Edn1) to cause endothelial cell mitochondrial oxidative stress (ENDO mtStress) and endothelial dysfunction (ED)..
- The Role of Endothelin in Controlling Pharyngeal Arch MorphogenesisMARK MASAKUNI SASAKI; Fiscal Year: 2011....
- PO2 MODULATION OF NO AND ET1 IN PULMONARY HYPERTENSIONKaren Fagan; Fiscal Year: 2002..Improved understanding of these endogenous vasoregulatory substances, their interactions with one another, and the effect of modest hypoxia in vivo are the major goals of this proposal and may lead to new therapeutic options. ..
- Activation of protein kinase A by endothelin-1Nickolai Dulin; Fiscal Year: 2009DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant: The vasoactive peptide endothelin-1 (ET1) stimulates contraction and promotes hypertrophy of vascular smooth muscle, through diverse signaling pathways...
- Oliver Smithies; Fiscal Year: 2016..Using novel mice in which endothelin1, (ET1), a factor downstream of sFlt1, and/or TGF[unreadable]1 expression can be varied globally or tissue-specifically ..
- ETB IN REGULATION OF RENAL SODIUM HANDLINGCHERYL GARIEPY; Fiscal Year: 2003..will use a variety of biochemical and histological techniques to examine the expression of ETB and its ligands, ET1 and ET3, in the normal kidney during high and low salt intake and also determine which cells within the kidney are ..
- CONTROL OF OXYGENATION DURING POSTNATAL LIFEPHILIP NOWICKI; Fiscal Year: 2002..We further contend that constitutively constrictor tone is also present, mediated by ETl; the physiologic effect of ET1 is not appreciated, however, for three reasons: i) the system is near maximal dilation, ii) NO decreases the ..
- INTERCELLULAR SIGNALS AND INTESTINAL AGANGLIONOSISRaj Kapur; Fiscal Year: 2000..when and where et-3 expression is required for successful enteric colonization, (2) whether targeted expression of et1 (a homolog of et3) by enteric neural precursors will prevent aganglionosis in et3-deficient embryos, (3) whether ..
- PH REGULATION IN VENTRICULAR CELLSKENNETH SPITZER; Fiscal Year: 2002..The peptide studies focus on angiotensin II (AngII), endothelin 1 (ET1) and atrial natriuretic peptide (ANP)...
- Astrocyte-Marcophage Interactions in HIV-1 RegulationAshok Chauhan; Fiscal Year: 2009..determine if, and how, this transcription can lead to activation of latent HIV infection in macrophages and role in ET1 induction,(2)examine HIV-mediated induction of ET1 in astrocytes and macrophages and (3) determine the effects of ..
- DEVELOPMENT OF CHARACTERIZED NEURONSCharles Kimmel; Fiscal Year: 2002..Transplantation of single identified postmitotic young neurons in the early brain segments will be used to examine the molecular-genetic nature of cellular commitment to segmental identity. ..
- An epsilon PKC interacting protein in preconditioningJohn Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2008..A better understanding of the molecular and cellular epsilonPKC targets involved in PC will improve opportunities for the therapeutic application of cardioprotective strategies for patients at risk for myocardial infarction. ..
- Discovery Craniofacial and Retinal GenesCharles Kimmel; Fiscal Year: 2005..Various favorable attributes of the zebrafish embryo and larva will permit detailed phenotypic studies and rapid characterization of the functions of the genes in facial bone and eye development. ..
- Neural Crest:New Perspectives on Lineage/MorphogenesisCharles Kimmel; Fiscal Year: 2003..There will be poster sessions and we expect the total size of the meeting to be about 150. ..
- Vascular Protection & Endothelin B Receptors in DiabetesAdviye Ergul; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Neural Control of Sodium Balance in Hypertension: ExerciseNoreen Rossi; Fiscal Year: 2009..These studies will provide data to direct strategic pharmacologic and nonpharmacologic interventions for cardiovascular health that may be readily translated into clinical practice. ..
- ET and PAF Synergism in intrauterine growth restrictionLARRY THAETE; Fiscal Year: 2008..Our goal is to assess the specific role of ET-1, as well as its interaction with PAF, in the pathophysiology of I/R-induced IUGR. ..
- APO E GENOTYPE AND HDL CHANGES WITH EXERCISE TRAININGJAMES HAGBERG; Fiscal Year: 2002..Conversely, identifying persons who will improve their lipoprotein lipids the least with exercise training would allow them to focus on interventions that might be more efficacious for them. ..
- EXPERIMENTAL NEUROGENIC HYPERTENSION PROGRAMCostantino Iadecola; Fiscal Year: 2008..The proposed studies are relevant to human diseases, such as hypertension-induced cognitive dysfunction, cardiovascular complications of sleep apnea, and cardiovascular diseases in post-menopausal women. ..
- MITOGENIC SIGNALING BY ENDOTHELIN PEPTIDESMichael Simonson; Fiscal Year: 2002..Finally, whether rho is in the Src pathway or not, will be examined by cotransfection with constitutively active v-Src/dominant negative RhoA and vice versa and evaluation of c-fos induction/ DNA synthesis. ..
- MOLECULAR REGULATION OF THE RENAL ALPHA2 H+, K+ ATPASESBrian Cain; Fiscal Year: 2002..Finally, phosphorylation of the 2 subunits will be investigated as a possible mechanism for differential regulation of the 2a and 2b H+, K+- ATPases. ..
- ENDOTHELIN AND INTRAUTERINE GROWTH RESTRICTIONLARRY THAETE; Fiscal Year: 2002..Cellular localization of ET, ET receptors, and NOS isoforms will be performed with immunocytochemistry. ..
- Plasminogen activators and cerebral ischemic injuryWilliam M Armstead; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- HERITAGE FAMILY STUDY, PHASE 4Tuomo Rankinen; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Role of COX-2 Gene Expression in Ischemic Brain DamageCostantino Iadecola; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Prostanoid Receptors and Ischemic Brain InjuryCostantino Iadecola; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- PROTON TRANSLOCATION THROUGH F1F0 ATP SYNTHASEBrian Cain; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- The Peripheral Stalk of F1F0 ATP SynthaseBrian Cain; Fiscal Year: 2008..A FRET strategy will be used to consider changes in the structure of FIFO complexes containing peripheral stalks of various lengths. ..
- ROLE OF HEMODYNAMICS IN IN VIVO INSULIN RESISTANCEKieren Mather; Fiscal Year: 2003..with an imbalance between the endothelial production of the potent vasodilator NO and vasoconstrictor endothelin 1 (ET1), which contributes to abnormal vascular wall biology, vascular tone dysregulation and blood pressure ..
- Cerebrovascular mechanisms of ischemic injury in diabetesAdviye Ergul; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- VEGF gene expression in central nervous system microvascular pericytePaula Dore Duffy; Fiscal Year: 2007..We propose that the CNS microvascular pericyte is a regulatory cell important in the vascular response to hypoxic stress and that cyclopentenone prostagladins are involved in the pericyte stress response. ..
- HYPGENE-GENETICS FITNESS OBESITY & RISK OF HYPERTENSIONTuomo Rankinen; Fiscal Year: 2007..These data could ultimately lead to more efficient use of physical activity and body weight control in the primary and secondary prevention of hypertension. ..
- PET Approach To Measuring Human Myocardial MetabolismKieren Mather; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- POTASSIUM CHANNELS AND CEREBRAL HEMODYNAMICS AFTER BRAINWilliam Armstead; Fiscal Year: 2005..These studies may lead to therapies for brain injured children. ..
- CNS MICROVASCULAR PERICYTE AND EAEPaula Dore Duffy; Fiscal Year: 2003..The potential role of PC cytokines will be examined. ..
- IMPACT OF ENDOTHELIN IN INTRAUTERINE GROWTH RESTRICTIONLARRY THAETE; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- ACE GENOTYPE, BP, AND EXERCISE TRAINING IN HYPERTENSIVESJAMES HAGBERG; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Mechanism of Endothelial Dysfunction in DiabetesAdviye Ergul; Fiscal Year: 2004..The results will lead to the development of novel therapeutic targets for the high-risk diabetic patients and may identify subgroups of patients that would be more suitable for these new treatment strategies. ..
- Neurovascular Coupling in HypertensionCostantino Iadecola; Fiscal Year: 2004..The results of these studies will enhance our understanding of the effects of hypertension on the brain and may provide new insights into treatment strategies aimed at counteracting these detrimental actions. ..