Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: EMP3
Description: epithelial membrane protein 3
Alias: YMP, EMP-3, HNMP-1, hematopoietic neural membrane protein 1
- Epithelial membrane proteins induce membrane blebbing and interact with the P2X7 receptor C terminusHeather L Wilson
Institute of Molecular Physiology, University of Sheffield S10 2TN, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 277:34017-23. 2002..These findings suggest that the P2X(7) C-terminal domain associates with EMPs, and this interaction may mediate some aspects of the downstream signaling following P2X(7) receptor activation...
- Analysis of candidate genes for prostate cancerJames K Burmester
Department of Cancer Genetics, Marshfield Clinic Research Foundation, Wisc 54449, USA
Hum Hered 57:172-8. 2004..009, BCAS1 (breast carcinoma amplified sequence 1), p = 0.007, CAV2 (caveolin 2), p = 0.007, EMP3 (epithelial membrane protein 3), p < 0.0001, and MLH1 (mutL homolog 1), p < 0.0001...
- Characterization of a tumor-associated gene, a member of a novel family of genes encoding membrane glycoproteinsI Ben-Porath
Department of Genetics, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Givat Ram, Israel
Gene 183:69-75. 1996..our search for human sequences homologous to TMP and PMP22, we identified two new genes which we have named XMP and YMP. Thus, we present a novel family of membrane glycoproteins, one member of which is closely associated with ..
- DNA hypermethylation and aberrant expression of the EMP3 gene at 19q13.3 in Human GliomasAnnegret Kunitz
Department of Neuropathology, Charite, Universitatsmedizin Berlin, D 13353 Berlin, Germany
Brain Pathol 17:363-70. 2007..However, the tumor suppressor genes (TSG) on 19q are still elusive. Using cDNA microarray expression profiling, EMP3 at 19q13.3 was among those genes showing the most pronounced expression differences...
- EMP3 overexpression is associated with oligodendroglial tumors retaining chromosome arms 1p and 19qKay Ka Wai Li
Department of Anatomical and Cellular Pathology, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
Int J Cancer 120:947-50. 2007The epithelial membrane protein 3 (EMP3) gene located on chromosome 19q13 has been implicated as a candidate tumor suppressor gene (TSG) in neuroblastomas and gliomas...
- Epithelial membrane protein-2 and epithelial membrane protein-3: two novel members of the peripheral myelin protein 22 gene familyV Taylor
Department of Cell Biology, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, ETH Honggerberg, Zurich, Switzerland
Gene 175:115-20. 1996....
- Epithelial membrane protein 3 is frequently shown as promoter methylation and functions as a tumor suppressor gene in non-small cell lung cancerQun Xue
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Affiliated Hospital of Nantong University, Nantong 226001, Jiangsu, China
Exp Mol Pathol 95:313-8. 2013Epithelial membrane protein 3 (EMP3) is a typical member of the epithelial membrane protein (EMP) family which has been reported to be a tumor suppressor gene in neuroblastomas and gliomas and recently reported to be commonly repressed in ..
- EMP3, a myelin-related gene located in the critical 19q13.3 region, is epigenetically silenced and exhibits features of a candidate tumor suppressor in glioma and neuroblastomaMiguel Alaminos
Cancer Epigenetics Laboratory, Molecular Pathology Programme, Spanish National Cancer Centre, Madrid, Spain
Cancer Res 65:2565-71. 2005..3: the epithelial membrane protein 3 (EMP3), a myelin-related gene involved in cell proliferation and cell-cell interactions...
- A pilot study of a yoga meditation protocol for patients with medically refractory epilepsyBhagavatheeswaran Rajesh
R Madhavan Nayar Center for Comprehensive Epilepsy Care, Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, Trivandrum, Kerala, India
J Altern Complement Med 12:367-71. 2006The objective was to assess the efficacy of a yoga meditation protocol (YMP) as an adjunctive treatment in patients with drug-resistant chronic epilepsy.
- Translational effects of differential codon usage among intragenic domains of new genes in DrosophilaJianming Zhang
Department of Ecology and Evolution, The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1728:135-42. 2005..on the expression of the new Drosophila gene, jingwei (jgw), a chimera derived from two unrelated parental genes: Ymp and Adh. We found that jgw possesses a strong intragenic differential usage of synonymous codons, i.e...
- Promoter hypermethylation of the EMP3 gene in a series of 229 human gliomasMarta Mellai
Neuro bio oncology Center, Policlinico di Monza Foundation Vercelli Consorzio di Neuroscienze, University of Pavia, Via Pietro Micca, 29, 13100 Vercelli, Italy
Biomed Res Int 2013:756302. 2013The epithelial membrane protein 3 (EMP3) is a candidate tumor suppressor gene in the critical region 19q13.3 for several solid tumors, including tumors of the nervous systems...
- Influence of skin thickness on the in vitro permeabilities of drugs through Sprague-Dawley rat or Yucatan micropig skinHiroyuki Takeuchi
Pharmacokinetics and Metabolism, Drug Safety and Pharmacokinetics Laboratories, Pharmaceutical Business, Taisho Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd, Saitama, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 35:192-202. 2012..NR), isosorbide dinitrate (ISDN) and flurbiprofen (FP)) through Sprague-Dawley rat (rat) or Yucatan micropig (YMP) skin...
- Soybean meal substitution with a yeast-derived microbial protein source in dairy cow dietsJ A Sabbia
Dairy Science Department, South Dakota State University, Brookings, SD 57007, USA
J Dairy Sci 95:5888-900. 2012..of this study was to examine the effects substituting soybean meal with a yeast-derived microbial protein (YMP) on rumen and blood metabolites, dry matter intake, and milk production of high-producing dairy cows...
- Distribution of polyphenols and a surfactant component in skin during Aerosol OT microemulsion-enhanced intradermal deliveryReiko Yutani
Kobe Pharmaceutical University, 4 19 1 Motoyamakita machi, Kobe 658 8558, Japan
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 60:989-94. 2012..of these polyphenols and the surfactant component, Aerosol OT, using excised guinea pig skin and Yucatan micropig (YMP) skin. During permeation, polyphenols distributed deep in the skin...
- LOH 19q indicates shorter disease progression-free interval in low-grade oligodendrogliomas with EMP3 methylationAlice Pasini
Laboratory of Cellular and Molecular Engineering S Cavalcanti, University of Bologna, Cesena, Italy
Oncol Rep 28:2271-7. 2012..we evaluated the CpG methylation of the putative tumor suppressor epithelial membrane protein 3 (EMP3, 19q13...
- Yoga meditation practitioners exhibit greater gray matter volume and fewer reported cognitive failures: results of a preliminary voxel-based morphometric analysisBrett Froeliger
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27708, USA Brain Imaging and Analysis Center, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27708, USA
Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2012:821307. 2012..The present study investigated GMV differences between yoga meditation practitioners (YMP) and a matched control group (CG)...
- Immune cell stimulating activity of mucopolysaccharide isolated from yam (Dioscorea batatas)Eun Mi Choi
Department of Biotechnology and Bioproducts Research Center, Yonsei University, Shinchon Dong 134, Seodaemoon Gu, Seoul 120 749, South Korea
J Ethnopharmacol 91:1-6. 2004Mucopolysaccharide (YMP) of yam (Dioscorea batatas Decne) was tested for immunomodulatory activity in vitro. We examined the effect of YMP on the viability, cell-mediated cytotoxicity and IFN-gamma secretion of splenic lymphocytes...
- Identification of genes associated with the invasive status of human mammary carcinoma cell lines by transcriptional profilingVesna Evtimova
Roche Diagnostics, Division Pharma, Penzberg, Germany
Tumour Biol 24:189-98. 2003..has not been described before: transmembrane receptor tyrosine kinase DDR2, transmembrane receptors PMP22 and EMP3 and cell adhesion molecule N-cadherin...
- Transdermal delivery of the anti-rheumatic agent methotrexate using a solid-in-oil nanocarrierFan Yang
Department of Applied Chemistry, Graduate School of Engineering, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 82:158-63. 2012..experiment was conducted using the S/O nanocarrier, and the permeation behavior of MTX through Yucatan micropig (YMP) skin was evaluated with a Franz diffusion cell...
- Enhancement of oxidative response and cytokine production by yam mucopolysaccharide in murine peritoneal macrophageEun Mi Choi
Department of Biotechnology and Bioproducts Research Center, Yonsei University, Seoul, South Korea
Fitoterapia 73:629-37. 2002Yam (Dioscorea batatas) mucopolysaccharide (YMP) was examined for the ability to induce secretory and cellular responses in murine peritoneal macrophages...
- DNA hypermethylation profiles associated with glioma subtypes and EZH2 and IGFBP2 mRNA expressionShichun Zheng
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of California San Francisco, Helen Diller Family Cancer Center, 1450 3rd Street, San Francisco, CA 94158, USA
Neuro Oncol 13:280-9. 2011..Class 1 (MGMT, PTEN, RASSF1A, TMS1, ZNF342, EMP3, SOCS1, RFX1) was highly methylated in 82% (75/91) of lower-grade astrocytic and oligodendroglial tumors, 73% (8/11)..
- Origin of new genes and source for N-terminal domain of the chimerical gene, jingwei, in DrosophilaM Long
Department of Ecology and Evolution, The University of Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Gene 238:135-41. 1999..Drosophila teissieri and Drosophila yakuba and its orthologous gene in Drosophila melanogaster as yellow-emperor (ymp)...
- Ionic liquid-in-oil microemulsion as a potential carrier of sparingly soluble drug: characterization and cytotoxicity evaluationMuhammad Moniruzzaman
Department of Applied Chemistry, Graduate School of Engineering, Kyushu University, 744 Moto oka, Fukuoka 819 0395, Japan
Int J Pharm 400:243-50. 2010..ACV incorporated in IL droplets as well as other formulations was performed into and across the Yucatan micropig (YMP) porcine skin, and the use of IL/o MEs has been shown to dramatically increase ACV administration...
- A single nucleotide polymorphism in the Emp3 gene defines the H4 minor histocompatibility antigenBrianna Luedtke
Laboratory of Molecular Immunology, Blood Research Institute, Blood Center of South eastern Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53226 2178, USA
Immunogenetics 55:284-95. 2003....
- [The methylation analysis of EMP3 and PCDH-gamma-A11 gene in human glioma]Zheng Jiang
Department of Neurosurgery, Qilu Hospital of Shandong University, Jinan 250012, China
Zhonghua Wai Ke Za Zhi 48:300-4. 2010To study the relationship between promoter methylation and mRNA expressions of EMP3 and PCDH-gamma-A11 genes in human glioma, and to analyze the regulation mechanism of promoter methylation in the progression of glioma.
- Virgibacillus soli sp. nov., isolated from mountain soilP Kampfer
Institut fur Angewandte Mikrobiologie, Justus Liebig Universitat Giessen, D 35392 Giessen, Germany
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 61:275-80. 2011A Gram-positive bacterium (strain CC-YMP-6(T)) was isolated from soil samples collected from Yang-Ming Mountain, Taiwan...
- Roles of siderophores, oxalate, and ascorbate in mobilization of iron from hematite by the aerobic bacterium Pseudomonas mendocinaCarolyn A Dehner
251 Nieuwland Hall of Science, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN 46556, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 76:2041-8. 2010..on acquisition of Fe from the mineral hematite (alpha-Fe(2)O(3)) by the obligate aerobe Pseudomonas mendocina ymp. A site-directed DeltapmhA mutant that was not capable of producing functional siderophores (i.e...
- Variation assessment for in vitro permeabilities through Yucatan micropig skinHiroyuki Takeuchi
Pharmacokinetics and Metabolism, Drug Safety and Pharmacokinetics Laboratories, Pharmaceutical Business, Taisho Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd, Yoshino cho, Kita ku, Saitama, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 34:555-61. 2011The purpose of this study was to evaluate the variations in the in vitro Yucatan micropig (YMP) skin permeabilities of drugs and to clarify whether YMP skin can be used to predict human skin permeability...
- Pseudomonas entomophila and Pseudomonas mendocina: potential models for studying the bacterial type VI secretion systemPanagiotis F Sarris
Department of Biology, University of Crete, P O Box 2208, 71409 Heraklion, Greece
Infect Genet Evol 11:1352-60. 2011..presence of genes encoding for putative T6SS core components and secreted proteins in the sequenced Pen L48 and Pme ymp, strains and designated their putative promoters, sigma factors binding sites and various regulatory proteins...
- Co-expression of an organic solvent-tolerant lipase and its cognate foldase of Pseudomonas aeruginosa CS-2 and the application of the immobilized recombinant lipaseRen Peng
New World Institute of Biotechnology, State Key Laboratory of Bioreactor Engineering, East China University of Science and Technology, Shanghai 200237, China
Appl Biochem Biotechnol 165:926-37. 2011..8%, 71.3%, and 71.2% identity with lipases from P. aeruginosa LST-03, P seudomonas mendocina ymp, and Pseudomonas stutzeri A1501, respectively. The co-expression of CS-2 lipase and its cognate foldase of P...
- Genetic dissection of dome formation in a mammary cell line: identification of two genes with opposing actionI Zucchi
Istituto di Tecnologie Biomediche Avanzate, Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, Via Fratelli Cervi 93, 20090 Segrate, Milan, Italy
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:13766-70. 1999..The first, called 133, is the rat ortholog of the human epithelial membrane protein 3 (EMP3), a member of the peripheral myelin protein 22 (PMP22)/EMP/lens-specific membrane protein 20 (MP20) gene family ..
- Regional localization of the human epithelial membrane protein genes 1, 2, and 3 (EMP1, EMP2, EMP3) to 12p12.3, 16p13.2, and 19q13.3T Liehr
Institute of Human Genetics, Schwabachanlage 10, Erlangen, D 91054, Germany
Genomics 58:106-8. 1999
- Chromosomal mapping of Tmp (Emp1), Xmp (Emp2), and Ymp (Emp3), genes encoding membrane proteins related to Pmp22I Ben-Porath
Department of Genetics, Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel
Genomics 49:443-7. 1998..the Charcot-Marie-Tooth neuropathy, and three novel genes: TMP, XMP, and YMP (HGMW-approved symbols EMP1, EMP2 and EMP3, respectively)...
- HNMP-1: a novel hematopoietic and neural membrane protein differentially regulated in neural development and injuryL M Bolin
DNAX Research Institute, Palo Alto, California 94304 1104, USA
J Neurosci 17:5493-502. 1997..The expression pattern of HNMP-1 suggests a possible role for this molecule during active myelination...
- Identification and characterization of a cDNA and the structural gene encoding the mouse epithelial membrane protein-1C S Lobsiger
Department of Biology, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Zurich, Switzerland
Genomics 36:379-87. 1996....
- Genomic and expression profiling of glioblastoma stem cell-like spheroid cultures identifies novel tumor-relevant genes associated with survivalAurélie Ernst
Division of Molecular Genetics, German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg, Germany
Clin Cancer Res 15:6541-50. 2009..We exploited the glioma spheroid culture model to find novel tumor-relevant genes...
- EMP3 as a candidate tumor suppressor gene for solid tumorsShoichi Fumoto
Hiroshima University, Research Institute for Radiation Biology and Medicine RIRBM, Department of Translational Cancer Research, Hiroshima 734 8551, Japan
Expert Opin Ther Targets 13:811-22. 2009Epithelial membrane protein 3 (EMP3), was recently reported to be a tumor suppressor gene for several solid tumors, and is drawing attention as a novel prognostic marker, since its expression level or hypermethylation of the promoter ..
- EMP3 overexpression in primary breast carcinomas is not associated with epigenetic aberrationsWei Zhou
Department of Radiation Oncology, Shandong Tumor Hospital, Shandong University, Shandong, China
J Korean Med Sci 24:97-103. 2009Epithelial membrane protein 3 (EMP3) is a trans-membrane signaling molecule with important roles in the regulation of apoptosis, differentiation and invasion of cancer cells, but the detailed is largely still unknown...
- cDNA microarray analysis of genes associated with ERBB2 (HER2/neu) overexpression in human mammary luminal epithelial cellsAlan Mackay
LICR UCL Breast Cancer Laboratory, University College London, London, UK
Oncogene 22:2680-8. 2003..were also differentially expressed, including NDRG1, USF2 and the epithelial membrane proteins 1 and 3 (EMP1, EMP3)...
- Thermally induced natural convection effects in Yucca Mountain driftsStephen W Webb
Sandia National Laboratories, Albuquerque, NM 87185, USA
J Contam Hydrol 62:713-30. 2003..by emplaced waste packages is an important heat and mass transfer mechanism within the Yucca Mountain Project (YMP) drifts. Various models for analyzing natural convection have been employed...
- Altered expression of CLC, DSG3, EMP3, S100A2, and SLPI in corneal epithelium from keratoconus patientsKim Nielsen
Department of Ophthalmology, Aarhus University Hospital, Denmark
Cornea 24:661-8. 2005This investigation was designed to determine whether the five genes, CLC, DSG3, EMP3, S100A2 and SLPI, are differentially expressed in keratoconus, as indicated from another study.
- Supercomputers open window of opportunity for nursingS L Meintz
College of Health Science, University of Nevada, Las Vegas 89154
Comput Nurs 11:140-4. 1993..USing the CRAY YMP 2/216 supercomputer, the PNHDR established the validity of a supercomputer platform for nursing research...
- Effect of exogenous reductant on growth and iron mobilization from ferrihydrite by the Pseudomonas mendocina ymp strainSuraj Dhungana
Bioscience Division, Los Alamos National Laboratory, NM 87544, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 73:3428-30. 2007Growth of the Pseudomonas mendocina ymp strain on insoluble ferrihydrite is enhanced by exogenous reductants with concurrent increase in soluble iron concentrations...
- A hierarchical approach employing metabolic and gene expression profiles to identify the pathways that confer cytotoxicity in HepG2 cellsZheng Li
Department of Chemical Engineering and Material Science, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
BMC Syst Biol 1:21. 2007..A computational model was developed to integrate these disparate data to reveal the underlying pathways and mechanisms involved in saturated fatty acid toxicity...
- The origin of the Jingwei gene and the complex modular structure of its parental gene, yellow emperor, in Drosophila melanogasterW Wang
Department of Ecology and Evolution, University of Chicago Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Harvard University
Mol Biol Evol 17:1294-301. 2000..We characterized this non-ADH: parental locus, yellow emperor (ymp), by cloning it, mapping it onto the polytene chromosomes, sequencing the entire locus, and examining its ..
- A novel solid-in-oil nanosuspension for transdermal delivery of diclofenac sodiumHongyu Piao
Department of Applied Chemistry, Graduate School of Engineering, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, 819 0395, Japan
Pharm Res 25:896-901. 2008We formulated a solid-in-oil nanosuspension (SONS) as a novel transdermal delivery carrier for diclofenac sodium (DFNa). The basic transdermal characteristics of the SONS were evaluated using a Yucatan micropig (YMP) skin model.
- EMP3 as a tumor suppressor gene for esophageal squamous cell carcinomaShoichi Fumoto
Department of Translational Cancer Research, Research Institute for Radiation Biology and Medicine RIRBM, Hiroshima University, Hiroshima 734 8551, Japan
Cancer Lett 274:25-32. 2009b>EMP3, epithelial membrane protein 3, was recently reported to be a tumor suppressor gene in neuroblastomas and gliomas...
- Evaluation of a functional epigenetic approach to identify promoter region methylation in phaeochromocytoma and neuroblastomaCaroline D E Margetts
Department of Medical and Molecular Genetics, Institute of Biomedical Research Cancer Research, UK
Endocr Relat Cancer 15:777-86. 2008..Two of the genes, epithelial membrane protein 3 (EMP3) and HSP47, demonstrated significantly more frequent methylation in neuroblastoma than phaeochromocytoma...
- Gene expression profile analysis of primary glioblastomas and non-neoplastic brain tissue: identification of potential target genes by oligonucleotide microarray and real-time quantitative PCRCarlos A Scrideli
Department of Pediatrics, Faculty of Medicine of Ribeirao Preto, University of Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, SP, Brazil
J Neurooncol 88:281-91. 2008..00001 for CDKN2C, CKS2, EEF1A1, EMP3, PDPN, BNIP2, CA12, CD34, CDC42EP4, PPIE, SNAI2, GDF15 and MMP23b; and NFIA (P: 0.0001), GPS1 (P: 0...
- Isolation of a low-temperature adapted lipolytic enzyme from uncultivated micro-organismC Roh
School of Chemical and Biological Engineering, Institute of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Seoul National University, Seoul, South Korea
J Appl Microbiol 105:116-23. 2008..The aim of the study was to isolate a novel lipolytic enzyme from the activated sludge of uncultured micro-organisms...
- Gene expression profiling elucidates a specific role for RARgamma in the retinoic acid-induced differentiation of F9 teratocarcinoma stem cellsDan Su
Department of Pharmacology, Weill Cornell Medical College United States
Biochem Pharmacol 75:1129-60. 2008..Genes such as Sfrp2, Tie1, Fbp2, Emp1, and Emp3 exhibited higher transcript levels in RA-treated Wt, RARalpha-/- and RARbeta2-/- lines than in RA-treated RARgamma-/..
- Identification, isolation, and analysis of a gene cluster involved in iron acquisition by Pseudomonas mendocina ympJonathan D Awaya
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN 46556, USA
Biometals 21:353-66. 2008..Pseudomonas mendocina ymp was isolated from the Yucca Mountain Site for long-term nuclear waste storage...
- Development and evaluation of a monolithic drug-in-adhesive patch for valsartanNaohiro Nishida
Pharmaceutical Technology Research Laboratories, R and D Dept, Toa Eiyo Ltd, 1 Tanaka, Yuno, Iizaka, Fukushima shi, Fukushima 960 0280, Japan
Int J Pharm 402:103-9. 2010..patch, several chemical penetration enhancers were investigated by in vitro hairless mouse and Yucatan micro pig (YMP) skin permeation studies...
- The identification and characterization of a noncontinuous calmodulin-binding site in noninactivating voltage-dependent KCNQ potassium channelsEva Yus-Najera
Instituto Cajal, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones, Avenida, Dr Arce 37, 28002 Madrid, Spain
J Biol Chem 277:28545-53. 2002..Thus, we propose that CaM acts as a mediator in the Ca2+-dependent modulation of KCNQ channels...
- A carboxy-terminal domain determines the subunit specificity of KCNQ K+ channel assemblyMichael Schwake
Centre for Molecular Neurobiology Hamburg, ZMNH, Falkenried 94, Germany
EMBO Rep 4:76-81. 2003..Conversely, a KCNQ3-sid(Q1) chimaera no longer affects KCNQ2 but interacts with KCNQ1. We conclude that the si domain suffices to determine the subunit specificity of KCNQ channel assembly...
- Mentorship Program Patient-Oriented Research on AgingSHARON INOUYE; Fiscal Year: 2009..Prevention Trial, and through establishing the Yale Mentorship Program in Patient-Oriented Research on Aging (YMP-PORA)...
- Variation of D. melanogaster chromosome 4Manyuan Long; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies should add significantly to the understanding of the evolutionary genetics of the Drosophila fourth chromosome. ..
- Detection of Distribution of New Genes in Drosophila PhylogenyMANYUAN NO LONG; Fiscal Year: 2010..The results from these four categories of studies will generate the first phylogenetic distribution of new genes and provide the fresh-insight into the rates and patterns of new gene originations in genomes. ..