Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: EIF2B4
Description: eukaryotic translation initiation factor 2B subunit delta
Alias: EIF-2B, EIF2B, EIF2Bdelta, translation initiation factor eIF-2B subunit delta, eIF-2B GDP-GTP exchange factor subunit delta, eukaryotic translation initiation factor 2B subunit 4 delta, eukaryotic translation initiation factor 2B, subunit 4 delta, 67kDa, translation initiation factor eIF-2b delta subunit
Publications178 found, 100 shown here
- Identification of domains and residues within the epsilon subunit of eukaryotic translation initiation factor 2B (eIF2Bepsilon) required for guanine nucleotide exchange reveals a novel activation function promoted by eIF2B complex formationE Gomez
Department of Anatomy and Physiology, Medical Sciences Institute, University of Dundee, Dundee, United Kingdom
Mol Cell Biol 20:3965-76. 2000Eukaryotic translation initiation factor 2B (eIF2B) is the guanine nucleotide exchange factor for protein synthesis initiation factor 2 (eIF2)...
- Mutations in each of the five subunits of translation initiation factor eIF2B can cause leukoencephalopathy with vanishing white matterMarjo S van der Knaap
Department of Child Neurology, Free University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Ann Neurol 51:264-70. 2002..mutations in the genes encoding the epsilon- or the beta-subunit of the eukaryotic translation initiation factor eIF2B, a complex consisting of five subunits, cause the disease in most patients. Seven unsolved patients remained...
- A severe variant of childhood ataxia with central hypomyelination/vanishing white matter leukoencephalopathy related to EIF21B5 mutationA Fogli
INSERM UMR 384 et Fédération de Génétique Humaine Auvergne, Faculte de Medecine, Clermont Ferrand, France
Neurology 59:1966-8. 2002..leukoencephalopathy is related to mutations in all five genes of the eukaryotic translation initiation factor (eIF2B)...
- Ovarian failure related to eukaryotic initiation factor 2B mutationsAnne Fogli
INSERM Unité Mixte de Recherche 384, Faculte de Medecine, Clermont Ferrand, France
Am J Hum Genet 72:1544-50. 2003..In seven patients, we report for the first time mutations in three of the five EIF2B genes (EIF2B2, -4, and -5) that were recently shown to cause childhood ataxia with central nervous system ..
- eIF2B-related disorders: antenatal onset and involvement of multiple organsMarjo S van der Knaap
Department of Child Neurology, Free University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Am J Hum Genet 73:1199-207. 2003..human disease related to mutations in any of the five genes encoding subunits of eukaryotic initiation factor eIF2B or any translation factor at all...
- Decreased guanine nucleotide exchange factor activity in eIF2B-mutated patientsAnne Fogli
INSERM UMR 384, Faculte de Medecine, 28 Place Henri Dunant, Clermont Ferrand, France
Eur J Hum Genet 12:561-6. 2004Mutations in each of the five eucaryotic initiation factor 2B (eIF2B) subunits have been found in leukodystrophies of various severity: Cree leukoencephalopathy, childhood ataxia with central hypomyelination/leukodystrophy with vanishing ..
- Eukaryotic initiation factor 2B (eIF2B) GEF activity as a diagnostic tool for EIF2B-related disordersLaetitia Horzinski
INSERM U931 CNRS 6247 Université Clermont, GReD, Clermont Ferrand, France
PLoS ONE 4:e8318. 2009..forms with an onset after 16 years old and restricted to slow cognitive impairment have lead to the concept of eIF2B-related disorders...
- Possible mechanisms involved in the down-regulation of translation during transient global ischaemia in the rat brainC Martín De La Vega
Departamento de Investigacion, Hospital Ramon y Cajal, Ctra Colmenar Km 9, 28034 Madrid, Spain
Biochem J 357:819-26. 2001..eIF)2, eIF4E and eIF4E-binding protein (4E-BP1) phosphorylation levels, eIF4F complex formation, as well as eIF2B and ribosomal protein S6 kinase (p70(S6K)) activities, were determined in different subcellular fractions from the ..
- Crystal structure of the regulatory subunit of archaeal initiation factor 2B (aIF2B) from hyperthermophilic archaeon Pyrococcus horikoshii OT3: a proposed structure of the regulatory subcomplex of eukaryotic IF2BYoshimitsu Kakuta
Laboratory of Biochemistry, Department of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Faculty of Agriculture, Graduate School, Kyushu University, Fukuoka 812 8581, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 319:725-32. 2004Eukaryotic translation initiation factor 2B (eIF2B) is the guanine-nucleotide exchange factor for eukaryotic initiation factor 2 (eIF2). eIF2B is a heteropentameric protein composed of alpha- subunits...
- Inhibition of glycogen synthase kinase 3[beta] activity with lithium in vitro attenuates sepsis-induced changes in muscle protein turnoverStephen Bertsch
Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, Pennsylvania State University, College of Medicine, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Shock 35:266-74. 2011..the sepsis-induced increase in eukaryotic initiation factor (eIF) 2B[varepsilon] phosphorylation, decreased eIF2B activity, or the reduced phosphorylation of FOXO3, but instead was more closely associated with the continued ..
- The beta/Gcd7 subunit of eukaryotic translation initiation factor 2B (eIF2B), a guanine nucleotide exchange factor, is crucial for binding eIF2 in vivoKamal Dev
Laboratory of Gene Regulation and Development, Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Mol Cell Biol 30:5218-33. 2010Eukaryotic translation initiation factor 2B (eIF2B) is the guanine nucleotide exchange factor (GEF) for eukaryotic translation initiation factor 2, which stimulates formation of the eIF2-GTP-Met-tRNA(i)(Met) ternary complex (TC) in a ..
- Deficiency of dietary EAA preferentially inhibits mRNA translation of ribosomal proteins in liver of meal-fed ratsT G Anthony
Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, Pennsylvania State College of Medicine, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 281:E430-9. 2001..resulted in significant reductions in serum insulin, hepatic protein synthesis, eukaryotic initiation factor 2B (eIF2B) activity, and phosphorylation of eIF4E-binding protein 1 (4E-BP1) and ribosomal protein S6 kinase (S6K1)...
- Expression and purification of the subunits of human translational initiation factor 2 (eIF2): phosphorylation of eIF2 alpha and betaRajasekhar N V S Suragani
Department of Biochemistry, University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad 500 046, India
Protein Expr Purif 47:225-33. 2006..alpha-subunit of eIF2 (eIF2alpha) and modulation of its interaction with a rate-limiting heteropentameric protein eIF2B. To understand the structural, functional, and regulatory roles of each of these subunits in the various ..
- Acute and chronic ethanol consumption differentially impact pathways limiting hepatic protein synthesisAnne M Karinch
Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, MC H166, Penn State Univ College of Medicine, 500 Univ Drive, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 295:E3-9. 2008..steps: formation of the 43S preinitiation complex [controlled by eukaryotic initiation factors 2 (eIF2) and 2B (eIF2B)] and the binding of mRNA to the 40S ribosome (controlled by the eIF4F complex)...
- Identification of caspase 3-mediated cleavage and functional alteration of eukaryotic initiation factor 2alpha in apoptosisW E Marissen
Department of Microbiology, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73190, USA
J Biol Chem 275:9314-23. 2000..showed that after caspase cleavage, exchange of GDP bound to eIF2 was very rapid and no longer dependent upon eIF2B. Furthermore, in vitro translation experiments indicated that cleavage of eIF2alpha results in functional ..
- Study of translational control of eukaryotic gene expression using yeastAlan G Hinnebusch
Laboratory of Gene Regulation and Development, Division of Intramural Research, NICHD, NIH, Bldg 18T, Rm 106, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1038:60-74. 2004..of translation initiation factor 2 (eIF2) and the attendant inhibition of its nucleotide exchange factor eIF2B-decreasing the binding to 40S ribosomes of methionyl initiator tRNA in the ternary complex (TC) with eIF2 and GTP...
- Cloning and expression of cDNAs for the beta subunit of eukaryotic initiation factor-2B, the guanine nucleotide exchange factor for eukaryotic initiation factor-2B L Craddock
Department of Biochemistry, School of Medical Sciences, University of Bristol U K
Biochem J 309:1009-14. 1995..Northern-blot analysis revealed a single major mRNA species for eIF-2B beta in each of the four rabbit tissues tested...
- Homologous segments in three subunits of the guanine nucleotide exchange factor eIF2B mediate translational regulation by phosphorylation of eIF2G D Pavitt
Laboratory of Eukaryotic Gene Regulation, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Mol Cell Biol 17:1298-313. 1997b>eIF2B is a five-subunit guanine nucleotide exchange factor that is negatively regulated by phosphorylation of the alpha subunit of its substrate, eIF2, leading to inhibition of translation initiation...
- Regulation of guanine nucleotide exchange through phosphorylation of eukaryotic initiation factor eIF2alpha. Role of the alpha- and delta-subunits of eiF2bS R Kimball
Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, Pennsylvania State University, College of Medicine, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, USA
J Biol Chem 273:12841-5. 1998The guanine nucleotide exchange activity of eIF2B plays a key regulatory role in the translation initiation phase of protein synthesis. The activity is markedly inhibited when the substrate, i. e...
- An eIF5/eIF2 complex antagonizes guanine nucleotide exchange by eIF2B during translation initiationChingakham Ranjit Singh
Molecular Cellular and Developmental Biology Program, Division of Biology, Kansas State University, Manhattan, 66506, USA
EMBO J 25:4537-46. 2006..GDP binds the pentameric factor eIF2B for guanine nucleotide exchange...
- Thermal injury impairs cardiac protein synthesis and is associated with alterations in translation initiationCharles H Lang
Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology H166, Penn State College of Medicine, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 286:R740-50. 2004..Burn failed to alter eIF2B activity or the total amount or phosphorylation status of either eIF2 alpha or eIF2B epsilon in heart...
- Conserved bipartite motifs in yeast eIF5 and eIF2Bepsilon, GTPase-activating and GDP-GTP exchange factors in translation initiation, mediate binding to their common substrate eIF2K Asano
Laboratory of Eukaryotic Gene Regulation, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
EMBO J 18:1673-88. 1999..complex, and the resultant GDP on eIF2 is replaced with GTP by the complex nucleotide exchange factor, eIF2B. Bipartite motifs rich in aromatic and acidic residues are conserved at the C-termini of eIF5 and the catalytic (..
- Developmental changes in the feeding-induced stimulation of translation initiation in muscle of neonatal pigsT A Davis
Department of Pediatrics, United States Department of Agriculture Agricultural Research Service, Children s Nutrition Research Center, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 279:E1226-34. 2000..Each of these feeding-induced responses was blunted in muscle of 26-day-old pigs. eIF2B activity in muscle was unaffected by feeding status but decreased with development...
- Conserved sequences in the beta subunit of archaeal and eukaryal translation initiation factor 2 (eIF2), absent from eIF5, mediate interaction with eIF2gammaG M Thompson
Departamento de Microbiologia, Imunologia e Parasitologia, Escola Paulista de Medicina, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Rua Botucatu, 862, Sao Paulo, 04023 062, Brasil
Biochem J 347:703-9. 2000..aIF2beta differs from eIF2beta in not possessing an N-terminal extension implicated in binding RNA, eIF5 and eIF2B. The remaining sequences are highly conserved, and are shared with eIF5...
- eIF2 independently binds two distinct eIF2B subcomplexes that catalyze and regulate guanine-nucleotide exchangeG D Pavitt
Laboratory of Eukaryotic Gene Regulation, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Genes Dev 12:514-26. 1998b>eIF2B is a heteropentameric guanine-nucleotide exchange factor essential for protein synthesis initiation in eukaryotes...
- Impaired protein synthesis induced by acute alcohol intoxication is associated with changes in eIF4E in muscle and eIF2B in liverC H Lang
Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey 17033 0850, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 24:322-31. 2000..Acute alcohol intoxication in rats decreases protein synthesis in skeletal muscle and, to a lesser extent, in liver. The purpose of the present study was to examine potential mechanisms for the inhibitory effect of acute ethanol exposure...
- Endotoxin-induced decrease in muscle protein synthesis is associated with changes in eIF2B, eIF4E, and IGF-IC H Lang
Departments of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, and Surgery, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 278:E1133-43. 2000..The content of eIF2alpha or the amount of eIF2alpha in the phosphorylated form did not change in response to LPS. eIF2B activity was decreased in muscle 4 h post-LPS but activity returned to control values by 24 h...
- Caerulein-induced acute pancreatitis inhibits protein synthesis through effects on eIF2B and eIF4FMaria Dolors Sans
Department of Molecular and Integrative Physiology, The University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0622, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 285:G517-28. 2003..We therefore evaluated in C57BL/6 mice the effects of caerulein-induced AP on pancreatic protein synthesis, eIF2B activity and other protein translation regulatory mechanisms...
- Archaeal translation initiation revisited: the initiation factor 2 and eukaryotic initiation factor 2B alpha-beta-delta subunit familiesN C Kyrpides
Department of Microbiology, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, B103 Chemical and Life Sciences, MC 110, 407 S Goodwin, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:3726-30. 1998..Overall, these data lend further support to the suggestion that the rudiments of translation initiation were present at the Universal Ancestor stage...
- Eukaryotic initiation factors and protein synthesis after resistance exercise in ratsP A Farrell
Noll Physiological Research Center and Graduate Program in Physiology, Pennsylvania State University, University Park 16802, USA
J Appl Physiol (1985) 88:1036-42. 2000..J. Physiol. Endocrinol. Metab. 276: E721-E727, 1999) that increases in one factor, eIF2B, are associated with increases in rates of protein synthesis after resistance exercise in rats...
- Reduced eukaryotic initiation factor 2Bepsilon-subunit expression suppresses the transformed phenotype of cells overexpressing the proteinJames W Gallagher
Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, The Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, USA
Cancer Res 68:8752-60. 2008Eukaryotic initiation factor 2B (eIF2B), a five-subunit guanine nucleotide exchange factor, plays a key role in the regulation of mRNA translation...
- Chronic alcohol feeding impairs hepatic translation initiation by modulating eIF2 and eIF4EC H Lang
Department of Cellular Physiology, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, USA
Am J Physiol 277:E805-14. 1999..Alcohol feeding decreased hepatic eIF2B activity by 36%...
- Biochemical analysis of the eIF2beta gamma complex reveals a structural function for eIF2alpha in catalyzed nucleotide exchangeJ Nika
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, The University of Texas at Dallas, Richardson, Texas 75083, USA
J Biol Chem 276:1051-6. 2001..GDP complex that is recycled to the GTP form by the nucleotide exchange factor eIF2B. The alpha-subunit of eIF2 plays a critical role in regulating nucleotide exchange via phosphorylation at serine ..
- Interplay between insulin and nutrients in the regulation of translation factorsC G Proud
Division of Molecular Physiology, School of Life Sciences, MSI WTB complex, University of Dundee, Dow Street, Dundee DD1 5EH, UK
Biochem Soc Trans 29:541-7. 2001..Insulin activates several of these proteins including the following: the guanine-nucleotide exchange factor eIF2B; the eIF4F complex, which (through eIF4E) interacts with the cap of the mRNA; p70 S6 kinase; and elongation factor ..
- Direct binding of translation initiation factor eIF2gamma-G domain to its GTPase-activating and GDP-GTP exchange factors eIF5 and eIF2B epsilonPankaj V Alone
Laboratory of Gene Regulation and Development, NICHD, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 281:12636-44. 2006..The factor eIF5 stimulates hydrolysis of GTP by eIF2 upon AUG codon recognition, whereas the factor eIF2B promotes guanine nucleotide exchange on eIF2 to recycle the factor for additional rounds of translation initiation...
- Regulation of protein synthesis by insulinC G Proud
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of British Columbia, 2350 Health Sciences Mall, Vancouver, Canada V6T 1Z3
Biochem Soc Trans 34:213-6. 2006..PKB acts to phosphorylate and inactivate glycogen synthase kinase 3, which in turn phosphorylates and inhibits eIF2B. Insulin elicits the dephosphorylation and activation of eIF2B...
- Crystal structure of the C-terminal domain of the ɛ subunit of human translation initiation factor eIF2BJia Wei
National Laboratory of Biomacromolecules, Institute of Biophysics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100101, China
Protein Cell 1:595-603. 2010Eukaryotic translation initiation factor eIF2B, the guanine nucleotide exchange factor (GEF) for eIF2, catalyzes conversion of eIF2·GDP to eIF2·GTP...
- Characterization of the initiation factor eIF2B and its regulation in Drosophila melanogasterD D Williams
School of Life Sciences, Medical Sciences Institute Wellcome Trust Biocentre Complex, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 5EH, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 276:3733-42. 2001Eukaryotic initiation factor (eIF) 2B catalyzes a key regulatory step in the initiation of mRNA translation. eIF2B is well characterized in mammals and in yeast, although little is known about it in other eukaryotes...
- Initiation factor 2B activity is regulated by protein phosphatase 1, which is activated by the mitogen-activated protein kinase-dependent pathway in insulin-like growth factor 1-stimulated neuronal cellsCelia Quevedo
Servicio de Bioquímica Investigación, Hospital Ramon y Cajal, 28034 Madrid, Spain
J Biol Chem 278:16579-86. 2003We have previously demonstrated that insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF1) induces eukaryotic initiation factor 2B (eIF2B) activation in neuronal cells through the phosphatidylinositol 3 kinase/glycogen synthase kinase 3 pathway as well as ..
- eIF2 and the control of cell physiologyChristopher G Proud
Division of Molecular Physiology, School of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dunde DD15EH, United Kingdom
Semin Cell Dev Biol 16:3-12. 2005Eukaryotic initiation factor eIF2 and its 'exchange factor' eIF2B play a key role in the regulation of protein synthesis in eukaryotes from yeast to mammals. Phosphorylation of eIF2 inhibits eIF2B and thus translation initiation...
- Effect of CCK and intracellular calcium to regulate eIF2B and protein synthesis in rat pancreatic acinar cellsMaria Dolors Sans
Department of Physiology, University of Michigan, 1301 St Catherine St, 7737 Med Sci II, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 282:G267-76. 2002..Cholecystokinin (CCK) at 10-100 pM did not significantly affect eIF2B activity, which averaged 35...
- Insulin stimulates muscle protein synthesis in neonates during endotoxemia despite repression of translation initiationRenan A Orellana
USDA ARS Children s Nutrition Research Center, Baylor College of Medicine, 1100 Bates St, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 292:E629-36. 2007..In muscle and liver, neither LPS nor insulin altered eIF2B activity. eEF2 phosphorylation decreased in response to insulin in both LPS and control animals...
- Mechanism of inhibition of peptide chain initiation by amino acid deprivation in perfused rat liver. Regulation involving inhibition of eukaryotic initiation factor 2 alpha phosphatase activityS R Kimball
Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, College of Medicine, Pennsylvania State University, Hershey 17033
J Biol Chem 266:1969-76. 1991....
- A protein complex of translational regulators of GCN4 mRNA is the guanine nucleotide-exchange factor for translation initiation factor 2 in yeastA M Cigan
Section on Molecular Genetics of Lower Eukaryotes, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 90:5350-4. 1993..Our results indicate that translational control of GCN4 involves a reduction in eIF-2B function, a mechanism used in mammalian cells to regulate total protein synthesis in response to stress...
- Cloning of cDNA for the gamma-subunit of mammalian translation initiation factor 2B, the guanine nucleotide-exchange factor for eukaryotic initiation factor 2N T Price
Department of Biochemistry, University of Bristol, U K
Biochem J 318:631-6. 1996Peptide sequence data were obtained from rabbit protein synthesis initiation factor subunit eIF2B gamma...
- Eukaryotic initiation factor eIF2S R Kimball
Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey 17033, USA
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 31:25-9. 1999..of GDP bound to eIF2 for GTP is a prerequisite to binding Met-tRNAi and is mediated by a second initiation factor, eIF2B. In what is probably the best-characterized mechanism for the regulation of mRNA translation, phosphorylation of ..
- Membrane phospholipids and high-energy metabolites in childhood ataxia with CNS hypomyelinationS Bluml
Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy Unit, Huntington Medical Research Institutes, Pasadena, CA 91105, USA
Neurology 61:648-54. 2003Childhood ataxia with CNS hypomyelination (CACH) is a leukodystrophy with extreme rarefaction of white matter caused by mutations in one of the five subunits of the translation initiation factor 2B (eIF2B).
- Assessment of biomarkers of protein anabolism in skeletal muscle during the life span of the rat: sarcopenia despite elevated protein synthesisScot R Kimball
Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, The Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey 17033, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 287:E772-80. 2004..in the binding of initiator methionyl-tRNA to the 40S ribosomal subunit, eukaryotic initiation factors (eIF)2 and eIF2B, as well as the 70-kDa ribosomal protein S6 kinase, S6K1, was lower at 6 mo compared with 1 mo of age...
- Selective activation of AMPK-PGC-1alpha or PKB-TSC2-mTOR signaling can explain specific adaptive responses to endurance or resistance training-like electrical muscle stimulationP J Atherton
School of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, UK
FASEB J 19:786-8. 2005..We term this behavior the "AMPK-PKB switch." We hypothesize that the AMPK-PKB switch is a mechanism that partially mediates specific adaptations to endurance and resistance training, respectively...
- Effect of leptin on liver alcohol dehydrogenaseEsteban Mezey
Department of Medicine, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205 2195, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 337:1324-9. 2005..Leptin increased eukaryotic initiation factor (eIF) 2alpha, eIF2B activity, and the eIF4E-eIF4G complex, while it decreased the inhibitory complex of eIF4E with the eIF4E-binding ..
- Inhibition of mammalian translation initiation by volatile anestheticsLaura K Palmer
Dept of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, The Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, 500 University Dr, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 290:E1267-75. 2006..This is accompanied by inhibition of activity of the guanine nucleotide exchange factor eIF2B that is responsible for GDP-GTP exchange on eIF2...
- The crystal structure of the carboxy-terminal domain of human translation initiation factor eIF5Christoph Bieniossek
Departement fur Chemie und Biochemie, Universitat Bern, Freiestrasse 3, CH 3012 Bern, Switzerland
J Mol Biol 360:457-65. 2006..of the protein is exclusively composed out of alpha-helices and is homologous to the carboxy-terminal domain of eIF2B-epsilon (eIF2Bepsilon-CTD)...
- Novel mutation in EIF2B gene in a case of adult-onset leukoencephalopathy with vanishing white matterMasaru Matsui
Eur Neurol 57:57-8. 2007
- Inhibition of glycogen synthase kinase-3beta is sufficient for airway smooth muscle hypertrophyHuan Deng
Department of Pediatrics and Communicable Diseases, University of Michigan, 1150 W Medical Center Drive, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
J Biol Chem 283:10198-207. 2008..attenuated LiCl- and SB216763-induced protein synthesis and expression of alpha-actin and SM22, indicating that eIF2B is required for GSK-3beta-mediated airway smooth muscle hypertrophy...
- The ovarioleukodystrophyStéphane Mathis
University of Poitiers, CHU Poitiers, Department of Neurology, 2 rue de la Miletrie, 86021 Poitiers cedex 05, France
Clin Neurol Neurosurg 110:1035-7. 2008..have a variant of "vanishing white matter disease" with mutations in subunits of eukaryotic initiation factor 2B (EIF2B)...
- Application of SELDI-TOF-MS to identify serum biomarkers for renal cell carcinomaGang Xu
Department of Urology, Hua Shan Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai 200040, China
Cancer Lett 282:205-13. 2009..Early diagnosis is critical for improving the outcome of patients with renal cell carcinoma (RCC). In this study, we applied a proteomic approach to identify serum biomarkers associated with different stages of renal tumor development...
- [Eukaryotic translation initiation factor 2B and leukoencephalopathy with vanishing white matter]Yan Xia Pan
Department of Pediatric, Peking University First Hospital, Beijing 100034, China
Beijing Da Xue Xue Bao 41:608-10. 2009..with the gene defects in EIF2B1-5, encoding the five subunits of eukaryotic translation initiation factor (eIF2B alpha, beta, gamma, delta and epsilon ) respectively...
- Fusel alcohols regulate translation initiation by inhibiting eIF2B to reduce ternary complex in a mechanism that may involve altering the integrity and dynamics of the eIF2B bodyEleanor J Taylor
Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Manchester, Manchester M13 9PT, United Kingdom
Mol Biol Cell 21:2202-16. 2010..This reaction is mediated by eIF2B, a heteropentameric factor with important links to human disease...
- Molecular investigation of the effects of lindane in rat hepatocytes: microarray and mechanistic studiesNathalie Zucchini-Pascal
Laboratoire de Toxicologie Cellulaire, Moléculaire et Génomique, INRA, UMR 1331 TOXALIM Research Centre in Food Toxicology, 06903 Sophia Antipolis, France
Food Chem Toxicol 49:3128-35. 2011..were assigned to detoxication processes (CYP3A4, Gsta2, CYP4A1), cell signalling pathways and apoptosis (Eif2b3, Eif2b4, PKC). In this study, we demonstrate that lindane up-regulates PKC by increasing oxidative stress...
- A point mutation in translation initiation factor eIF2B leads to function--and time-specific changes in brain gene expressionLiraz Marom
Department of Cell Research and Immunology, George S Wise Faculty of Life Science, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
PLoS ONE 6:e26992. 2011Mutations in eukaryotic translation initiation factor 2B (eIF2B) cause Childhood Ataxia with CNS Hypomyelination (CACH), also known as Vanishing White Matter disease (VWM), which is associated with a clinical pathology of brain myelin ..
- CSF N-glycan profiles to investigate biomarkers in brain developmental disorders: application to leukodystrophies related to eIF2B mutationsAnne Fogli
Laboratoire GReD UMR INSERM U931 CNRS 6247, Faculte de Medecine, Clermont Ferrand, France
PLoS ONE 7:e42688. 2012..is a diagnostic marker of leukodystrophies related to mutations of genes encoding translation initiation factor, EIF2B. We investigated the CSF glycome of eIF2B-mutated patients and age-matched normal individuals in order to further ..
- Poor cerebral inflammatory response in eIF2B knock-in mice: implications for the aetiology of vanishing white matter diseaseYuval Cabilly
Department of Cell Research and Immunology, George S Wise Faculty of Life Sciences, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
PLoS ONE 7:e46715. 2012Mutations in any of the five subunits of eukaryotic translation initiation factor 2B (eIF2B) can lead to an inherited chronic-progressive fatal brain disease of unknown aetiology termed leucoencephalopathy with vanishing white matter (..
- Impaired eukaryotic translation initiation factor 2B activity specifically in oligodendrocytes reproduces the pathology of vanishing white matter disease in miceYifeng Lin
Department of Neuroscience, and Institute for Translational Neuroscience, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, and
J Neurosci 34:12182-91. 2014..autosomal-recessive hypomyelinating disease caused by mutations in eukaryotic translation initiation factor 2B (eIF2B)...
- Adult-onset genetic leukoencephalopathies: a MRI pattern-based approach in a comprehensive study of 154 patientsXavier Ayrignac
1 Département de Neurologie, CHU de Montpellier, 34295 Montpellier, France
Brain 138:284-92. 2015..In the cavitary group, 13/17 (76%) patients had a diagnosis of EIF2B-related disorder...
- Alcohols inhibit translation to regulate morphogenesis in C. albicansNkechi E Egbe
Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Manchester, Manchester M13 9PT, United Kingdom
Fungal Genet Biol 77:50-60. 2015..albicans as the eukaryotic translation initiation factor 2B (eIF2B). eIF2B is the guanine nucleotide exchange factor for eIF2, which supports the exchange reaction where eIF2...
- Stress responses. Mutations in a translation initiation factor identify the target of a memory-enhancing compoundYusuke Sekine
University of Cambridge, Cambridge Institute for Medical Research CIMR, the Wellcome Trust MRC Institute of Metabolic Science and NIHR Cambridge Biomedical Research Centre, Cambridge CB2 0XY, UK
Science 348:1027-30. 2015..were found at the amino-terminal portion of the delta subunit of guanine nucleotide exchange factor (GEF) eIF2B. When reintroduced by CRISPR-Cas9 gene editing of wild-type cells, these mutations reversed both ISRIB-mediated ..
- Association of eukaryotic translation initiation factor eIF2B with fully solubilized CXCR4Elena Palmesino
Institute for Research in Biomedicine, Bellinzona, Switzerland and
J Leukoc Biol 99:971-8. 2016....
- No evidence for a role of Ile587Val polymorphism of EIF2B5 gene in multiple sclerosis in Kashmir Valley of IndiaInsha Zahoor
Department of Biotechnology, University of Kashmir, Srinagar, 190006, J and K, India Electronic address
J Neurol Sci 359:172-6. 2015..It is already known that alterations in Eukaryotic Translation Initiation Factor 2B (EIF2B) gene encoding the five subunits of eIF2B complex cause Vanishing White Matter (VWM) disease of the brain and ..
- Structure-Activity Studies of Bis-O-Arylglycolamides: Inhibitors of the Integrated Stress ResponseBrian R Hearn
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry and, Small Molecule Discovery Center, University of California, San Francisco, CA, 94158, USA
ChemMedChem 11:870-80. 2016..of eIF2α (eIF2α-P) results in attenuation of global protein synthesis via the inhibitory effects of eIF2α-P on eIF2B, the guanine exchange factor (GEF) for eIF2...
- eIF2B-related multisystem disorder in two sisters with atypical presentationsJin Sook Lee
Department of Pediatrics, Gachon Institute of Genome Medicine and Science, Gachon University Gil Medical Center, Incheon, South Korea
Eur J Paediatr Neurol . 2016..Here, we report two sisters with EIF2B2 variants, who presented with delayed development and failure to thrive before 1 year of age, developed cataracts, and showed diffuse leukoencephalopathy...
- [Three-dimensional Structure of eIF2B: A Clue to Understanding the Pathogenesis of CACH/VWM Disease]Kazuhiro Kashiwagi
RIKEN Center for Life Science Technologies
Brain Nerve 69:45-50. 2017..matter) disease is caused by mutations in the genes encoding the subunits of eukaryotic initiation factor 2B (eIF2B), but its etiology is poorly understood...
- Phosphorylated seryl and threonyl, but not tyrosyl, residues are efficient specificity determinants for GSK-3beta and ShaggyD D Williams
Department of Anatomy and Physiology, University of Dundee, UK
FEBS Lett 448:86-90. 1999..peptides derived from a putative glycogen synthase kinase-3 site in the Drosophila translation initiation factor eIF2B epsilon to investigate the efficacy of residues other than Ser(P) as priming residues for glycogen synthase kinase-..
- Signal transduction pathways that contribute to increased protein synthesis during T-cell activationS Miyamoto
Molecular Hematology Branch, NHLBI, Bethesda, MD 20892 1654, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1494:28-42. 2000..Three translation-associated activities, eIF4E phosphorylation, eIF2B activity and 4E-BP1 phosphorylation also increased with stimulation by I+P and PMA, but only 4E-BP1 ..
- Translation factors: in sickness and in healthCatherine M Abbott
Medical Genetics, University of Edinburgh, Molecular Medicine Centre, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh, EH4 2XU, UK
Trends Biochem Sci 29:25-31. 2004..It has been discovered recently that mutations in subunits of eukaryotic initiation factor 2B (eIF2B) underlie the neurodegenerative disease termed 'vanishing white matter'.
- The spectrum of mutations for the diagnosis of vanishing white matter diseaseO Scali
Dipartimento di Scienze Neurologiche e del Comportamento, Facolta di Medicina e Chirurgia, Universita degli Studi di Siena, Viale Bracci 2, I 53100, Siena, Italy
Neurol Sci 27:271-7. 2006..recessive transmitted leukoencephalopathy related to mutations in each of the 5 genes (EIF2B1, EIF2B2, EIF2B3, EIF2B4 and EIF2B5) encoding for the 5 subunits of eukaryotic translation initiation factor 2B (eIF2B), essential for ..
- Critical contacts between the eukaryotic initiation factor 2B (eIF2B) catalytic domain and both eIF2beta and -2gamma mediate guanine nucleotide exchangeSarah S Mohammad-Qureshi
Faculty of Life Sciences, The University of Manchester, Manchester M13 9PT, United Kingdom
Mol Cell Biol 27:5225-34. 2007..One of the most complicated pairs is eukaryotic initiation factor 2B (eIF2B) and eIF2, which function during protein synthesis initiation in eukaryotes...
- Lithium chloride and staurosporine potentiate the accumulation of phosphorylated glycogen synthase kinase 3β/Tyr216, resulting in glycogen synthase kinase 3β activation in SH-SY5Y human neuroblastoma cell linesAnastasia Noël
GReViC EA3808, PBS, bat IBMIG, Poitiers, France
J Neurosci Res 89:755-63. 2011..and regulates in turn through phosphorylation several proteins, including eukaryotic initiation factor 2B (eIF2B)...
- DAP5 associates with eIF2β and eIF4AI to promote Internal Ribosome Entry Site driven translationNoa Liberman
Department of Molecular Genetics, The Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot 7610001, Israel
Nucleic Acids Res 43:3764-75. 2015..In contrast, DAP5 is dispensable for cap-dependent translation. These findings provide the first mechanistic insights into the function of DAP5 as a selective regulator of cap-independent translation. ..
- Ovarioleukodystrophy due to EIF2B5 mutationsR T Ibitoye
Department of Neurology, Southmead Hospital, Bristol, UK
Pract Neurol 16:496-499. 2016..We highlight the importance of ovarian failure as a diagnostic pointer to eukaryotic translation initiation factor 2B (eIF2B)-related ovarioleukodystrophy and present a brief literature review of ovarioleukodystrophy.
- Guanine nucleotide exchange factor for eukaryotic translation initiation factor 2 in Saccharomyces cerevisiae: interactions between the essential subunits GCD2, GCD6, and GCD7 and the regulatory subunit GCN3J L Bushman
Section on Molecular Genetics of Lower Eukaryotes, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
Mol Cell Biol 13:4618-31. 1993....
- Type 1 phosphatase inhibitors reduce the restoration of guanine nucleotide exchange activity of eukaryotic initiation factor 2B inhibited reticulocyte lysates rescued by heminS V Babu
Department of Biochemistry, School of Life Sciences, University of Hyderabad, India
Arch Biochem Biophys 327:201-8. 1996..These findings suggest that a type 1 phosphatase is involved in the recovery of eIF-2B activity and protein synthesis upon delayed addition of hemin to heme-deficient lysates...
- Inactivation of eIF2B and phosphorylation of PHAS-I in heat-shocked rat hepatoma cellsG C Scheper
Department of Molecular Cell Biology, Utrecht University, 3584 CH Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Biol Chem 272:26850-6. 1997..In this respect, the activity of eIF2B was measured during and after heat shock...
- Reducing agents mitigate protein synthesis inhibition mediated by vanadate and vanadyl compounds in reticulocyte lysatesT Krishnamoorthy
Department of Biochemistry, School of Life Sciences, University of Hyderabad, India
Arch Biochem Biophys 349:122-8. 1998..of the alpha (alpha) subunit of initiation factor 2 (eIF2) or decrease the guanine nucleotide exchange activity of eIF2B, which is required to exchange GDP for GTP in eIF2.GDP binary complex...
- Glycogen synthase kinase-3 is the predominant insulin-regulated eukaryotic initiation factor 2B kinase in skeletal muscleL S Jefferson
Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, Pennsylvania State University, College of Medicine, Hershey 17033, USA
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 31:191-200. 1999Eukaryotic initiation factor eIF2B is a guanine nucleotide exchange protein involved in regulation of translation initiation. Phosphorylation of the epsilon-subunit is thought to be important in insulin-mediated changes in eIF2B activity...
- Purification and kinetic analysis of eIF2B from Saccharomyces cerevisiaeJ Nika
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, The University of Texas at Dallas, Richardson, Texas 75080, USA
J Biol Chem 275:26011-7. 2000Eukaryotic translation initiation factor 2B (eIF2B) is the heteropentameric guanine nucleotide exchange factor for translation initiation factor 2 (eIF2)...
- Minimum requirements for the function of eukaryotic translation initiation factor 2F L Erickson
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of Texas at Dallas, Richardson, TX 75083 0688, USA
Genetics 158:123-32. 2001..b>eIF2B, the nucleotide exchange factor for eIF2, is a heteropentamer that, in yeast, is encoded by four essential genes ..
- Differing substrate specificities of members of the DYRK family of arginine-directed protein kinasesLinda E Campbell
Division of Molecular Physiology, School of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dow Street, Dundee DD1 5EH, UK
FEBS Lett 510:31-6. 2002..We recently showed that DYRK2 phosphorylates the translation initiation factor eIF2B at Ser539 in its epsilon-subunit and thereby "primes" its phosphorylation by glycogen synthase kinase-3...
- [From gene to disease; a defect in the regulation of protein production leading to vanishing white matter]J C Pronk
Afd Klinische en Humane Genetica, Vrije Universiteit Medisch Centrum, Postbus 7057, 1007 MB Amsterdam
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 146:1933-6. 2002..We recently identified the five genes associated with VWM: EIF2B1-5. They encode the five subunits of eIF2B, which is a eukaryotic translation initiation factor expressed in all human tissues and highly conserved during ..
- Regulation of mammalian translation factors by nutrientsChristopher G Proud
Division of Molecular Physiology, School of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, MSI WTB complex, Dow Street, UK
Eur J Biochem 269:5338-49. 2002..important regulatory step in translation initiation, the activity of the guanine nucleotide-exchange factor eIF2B. eIF2B controls the recruitment of the initiator methionyl-tRNA to the ribosome and is activated by insulin...
- Regulation of translation initiation by insulin and amino acids in skeletal muscle of neonatal pigsPamela M J O'Connor
United States Department of Agriculture Agricultural Research Service, Children s Nutrition Research Center, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 285:E40-53. 2003..to eIF4E, increased eIF4E binding to eIF4G, and increased fractional protein synthesis rates but did not affect eIF2B activity...
- Translational control of protein synthesis in muscle and liver of growth hormone-treated pigsJill A Bush
United States Department of Agriculture Agricultural Research Service Children s Nutrition Research Center, Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Endocrinology 144:1273-83. 2003..In muscle, but not liver, GH increased eIF2B activity and 4E-BP1 phosphorylation in both the fasted and fed state and increased the association of eIF4E with ..
- Structure of the catalytic fragment of translation initiation factor 2B and identification of a critically important catalytic residueThomas Boesen
Department of Molecular Biology, Aarhus University, Denmark
J Biol Chem 279:10584-92. 2004....
- Regulation of muscle protein synthesis in neonatal pigs during prolonged endotoxemiaRenan A Orellana
USDA ARS Children s Nutrition Research Center, Baylor College of Medicine, 1100 Bates Street, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Pediatr Res 55:442-9. 2004..In muscle and liver, LPS did not alter eIF2B activity, an event that regulates initiator met-tRNA(i) binding to the 40S ribosomal complex...
- Trivalent chromium alters gene expression in the mummichog (Fundulus heteroclitus)Nikki L Maples
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Texas at El Paso, El Paso, Texas 79968, USA
Environ Toxicol Chem 23:626-31. 2004..acid-binding protein (FABP), cytochrome P4502N2 (CYP2N2), and a precursor to the translation initiation factor eIF2B. Verification of the differentially expressed genes by real-time polymerase chain reaction (PCR) revealed that the ..
- Identification of ten novel mutations in patients with eIF2B-related disordersAndreas Ohlenbusch
Department of Pediatrics and Pediatric Neurology, Georg August University, Gottingen, Germany
Hum Mutat 25:411. 2005..phenotypic variants like ovarioleukodystrophy were investigated for mutations in the genes EIF2B1, EIF2B2, EIF2B3, EIF2B4, and EIF2B5 encoding eIF2B. We identified one novel nonsense mutation (EIF2B4, c.625C>T, p...
- Dynamic cycling of eIF2 through a large eIF2B-containing cytoplasmic body: implications for translation controlSusan G Campbell
Faculty of Life Science, The University of Manchester, Manchester, M13 9PT, England, UK
J Cell Biol 170:925-34. 2005The eukaryotic translation initiation factor 2B (eIF2B) provides a fundamental controlled point in the pathway of protein synthesis...
- eIF2B, a mediator of general and gene-specific translational controlG D Pavitt
Faculty of Life Sciences, The Michael Smith Building, The University of Manchester, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9PT, UK
Biochem Soc Trans 33:1487-92. 2005b>eIF2B (eukaryotic initiation factor 2B) is a multisubunit protein that is required for protein synthesis initiation and its regulation in all eukaryotic cells...
- Localization of the translational guanine nucleotide exchange factor eIF2B: a common theme for GEFs?Susan G Campbell
Faculty of Life Sciences, The University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
Cell Cycle 5:678-80. 2006The eukaryotic initiation factor 2B (eIF2B) serves an essential recycling function in protein synthesis...
- ced-4 and proto-oncogene tfg-1 antagonistically regulate cell size and apoptosis in C. elegansLing Chen
Department of Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology, University of California, Santa Barbara, CA 93106, USA
Curr Biol 18:1025-33. 2008..Apaf1/CED-4 is essential for apoptosis but has not been shown to function in cell-growth control...
- Discovery of chemical modulators of a conserved translational control pathway by parallel screening in yeastNuzhat Motlekar
Penn Center for Molecular Discovery, Institute for Medicine and Engineering, and Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Assay Drug Dev Technol 7:479-94. 2009..In addition, inherited mutations in human eIF2B subunits cause a fatal brain disorder commonly called childhood ataxia with central nervous system hypomyelination ..
- Severity of vanishing white matter disease does not correlate with deficits in eIF2B activity or the integrity of eIF2B complexesRui Liu
Department of Biochemistry, School of Life Sciences, Fudan University, Shanghai, People s Republic of China
Hum Mutat 32:1036-45. 2011Autosomal recessive mutations in eukaryotic initiation factor 2B (eIF2B) cause leukoencephalopathy vanishing white matter with a wide clinical spectrum...
- Julie Anne Saugstad; Fiscal Year: 2014..2 and 4 (eIF2 and eIF4) which are essential for formation of the translation initiation complex;specifically, eIF2B mediates the exchange of GDP bound to eIF2 for GTP, a key regulatory step for the control of translation ..
- X-RAY STRUCTURES OF EUKARYOTIC TRANSLATION FACTORSSTEPHEN BURLEY; Fiscal Year: 2003..of an important subset of the remaining translation initiation factors [eIF4G, eIF4A, eIF2, IF2, eIF3, eIF1A, eIF2B, eIF5, the poly (A)-binding protein (PABP), and a PABP-interacting protein]...
- Amino Acids and Muscle Protein SynthesisRobert Wolfe; Fiscal Year: 2006..to result in increased muscle protein synthesis unless there is sufficient charging of tRNA and activity of eIF2B. We propose that in the circumstance of an adequate basal amount of amino acids the transient stimulation of ..
- Leonard S Jefferson; Fiscal Year: 2015..in development and DNA damage responses (REDD1) and the growth regulatory protein, eukaryotic initiation factor (eIF2B)?...
- Cell biological analysis of CACH/VWM leukodystrophyChristoph Proschel; Fiscal Year: 2005..has not been the case for the recently identified mutations in the subunits of translation initiation factor 2B (eIF2B) in patients diagnosed with autosomal recessive Childhood Ataxia with Diffuse CNS Hypomyelination (CACH)/Vanishing ..
- INSULIN AND PROTEIN SYNTHESIS AFTER RESISTANCE EXERCISEPETER FARRELL; Fiscal Year: 1999..We predict a critical and fiber-specific role for insulin in mediating exercise-induced hypertrophy. ..
- IGF I GENE EXPRESSION IN NORMAL AND DISEASE STATESMartin Adamo; Fiscal Year: 1999....
- Myocardial Protein Synthesis After Thermal InjuryCharles Lang; Fiscal Year: 2005..these changes are mediated by TNFa; (2) to determine the mechanism by which thermal injury decreases activity of eIF2B in heart, by assessing the phosphorylation of elF2Be, content of p67, and the importance of alterations in kinase ..
- MYOCARDIAL PROTEIN SYNTHESIS AFTER ALCOHOL INTOXICATIONCharles H Lang; Fiscal Year: 2010..Overall, the research design will establish the mechanism by which myocardial protein synthesis is reduced in response to alcohol abuse. ..
- Antiretroviral-Induced Defects in Muscle Protein SynthesisCharles H Lang; Fiscal Year: 2010..Such data is needed to both realize the full potential and avoid possible pitfalls of this drug in the long-term treatment of HIV-infected individuals. ..
- REGULATION OF PROTEIN TURNOVER IN SEPSISScot R Kimball; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Mentored Patient-Oriented Research Career Development AwZhenqi Liu; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- RESEARCH TRAINING IN PHYSIOLOGICAL ADAPTATION TO STRESSLeonard Jefferson; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Alcohol-Induced Regulation of Hepatic Protein SynthesisTHOMAS VARY; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- EFFECTS OF ALCOHOL ON MOLECULAR AND CELLULAR PATHOLOGYEsteban Mezey; Fiscal Year: 2008..The final objective is to instill in the trainee the ability to approach original questions of research relating to the pathogenesis of damaging effects of alcoholism on the body. ..