Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: EIF2B2
Description: eukaryotic translation initiation factor 2B subunit beta
Alias: EIF-2Bbeta, EIF2B, translation initiation factor eIF-2B subunit beta, S20I15, S20III15, eIF-2B GDP-GTP exchange factor subunit beta, eukaryotic translation initiation factor 2B, subunit 2 beta, 39kDa
Publications177 found, 100 shown here
- Lithium chloride and staurosporine potentiate the accumulation of phosphorylated glycogen synthase kinase 3β/Tyr216, resulting in glycogen synthase kinase 3β activation in SH-SY5Y human neuroblastoma cell linesAnastasia Noël
GReViC EA3808, PBS, bat IBMIG, Poitiers, France
J Neurosci Res 89:755-63. 2011..and regulates in turn through phosphorylation several proteins, including eukaryotic initiation factor 2B (eIF2B)...
- Ovarian failure related to eukaryotic initiation factor 2B mutationsAnne Fogli
INSERM Unité Mixte de Recherche 384, Faculte de Medecine, Clermont Ferrand, France
Am J Hum Genet 72:1544-50. 2003..In seven patients, we report for the first time mutations in three of the five EIF2B genes (EIF2B2, -4, and -5) that were recently shown to cause childhood ataxia with central nervous system hypomyelination/..
- Possible mechanisms involved in the down-regulation of translation during transient global ischaemia in the rat brainC Martín De La Vega
Departamento de Investigacion, Hospital Ramon y Cajal, Ctra Colmenar Km 9, 28034 Madrid, Spain
Biochem J 357:819-26. 2001..eIF)2, eIF4E and eIF4E-binding protein (4E-BP1) phosphorylation levels, eIF4F complex formation, as well as eIF2B and ribosomal protein S6 kinase (p70(S6K)) activities, were determined in different subcellular fractions from the ..
- Expression and purification of the subunits of human translational initiation factor 2 (eIF2): phosphorylation of eIF2 alpha and betaRajasekhar N V S Suragani
Department of Biochemistry, University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad 500 046, India
Protein Expr Purif 47:225-33. 2006..alpha-subunit of eIF2 (eIF2alpha) and modulation of its interaction with a rate-limiting heteropentameric protein eIF2B. To understand the structural, functional, and regulatory roles of each of these subunits in the various ..
- Deficiency of dietary EAA preferentially inhibits mRNA translation of ribosomal proteins in liver of meal-fed ratsT G Anthony
Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, Pennsylvania State College of Medicine, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 281:E430-9. 2001..resulted in significant reductions in serum insulin, hepatic protein synthesis, eukaryotic initiation factor 2B (eIF2B) activity, and phosphorylation of eIF4E-binding protein 1 (4E-BP1) and ribosomal protein S6 kinase (S6K1)...
- Minimum requirements for the function of eukaryotic translation initiation factor 2F L Erickson
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of Texas at Dallas, Richardson, TX 75083 0688, USA
Genetics 158:123-32. 2001..b>eIF2B, the nucleotide exchange factor for eIF2, is a heteropentamer that, in yeast, is encoded by four essential genes ..
- Acute and chronic ethanol consumption differentially impact pathways limiting hepatic protein synthesisAnne M Karinch
Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, MC H166, Penn State Univ College of Medicine, 500 Univ Drive, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 295:E3-9. 2008..steps: formation of the 43S preinitiation complex [controlled by eukaryotic initiation factors 2 (eIF2) and 2B (eIF2B)] and the binding of mRNA to the 40S ribosome (controlled by the eIF4F complex)...
- Identification of caspase 3-mediated cleavage and functional alteration of eukaryotic initiation factor 2alpha in apoptosisW E Marissen
Department of Microbiology, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73190, USA
J Biol Chem 275:9314-23. 2000..showed that after caspase cleavage, exchange of GDP bound to eIF2 was very rapid and no longer dependent upon eIF2B. Furthermore, in vitro translation experiments indicated that cleavage of eIF2alpha results in functional ..
- Study of translational control of eukaryotic gene expression using yeastAlan G Hinnebusch
Laboratory of Gene Regulation and Development, Division of Intramural Research, NICHD, NIH, Bldg 18T, Rm 106, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1038:60-74. 2004..of translation initiation factor 2 (eIF2) and the attendant inhibition of its nucleotide exchange factor eIF2B-decreasing the binding to 40S ribosomes of methionyl initiator tRNA in the ternary complex (TC) with eIF2 and GTP...
- Regulation of guanine nucleotide exchange through phosphorylation of eukaryotic initiation factor eIF2alpha. Role of the alpha- and delta-subunits of eiF2bS R Kimball
Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, Pennsylvania State University, College of Medicine, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, USA
J Biol Chem 273:12841-5. 1998The guanine nucleotide exchange activity of eIF2B plays a key regulatory role in the translation initiation phase of protein synthesis. The activity is markedly inhibited when the substrate, i. e...
- Inhibition of glycogen synthase kinase-3beta is sufficient for airway smooth muscle hypertrophyHuan Deng
Department of Pediatrics and Communicable Diseases, University of Michigan, 1150 W Medical Center Drive, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
J Biol Chem 283:10198-207. 2008..attenuated LiCl- and SB216763-induced protein synthesis and expression of alpha-actin and SM22, indicating that eIF2B is required for GSK-3beta-mediated airway smooth muscle hypertrophy...
- Fusel alcohols regulate translation initiation by inhibiting eIF2B to reduce ternary complex in a mechanism that may involve altering the integrity and dynamics of the eIF2B bodyEleanor J Taylor
Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Manchester, Manchester M13 9PT, United Kingdom
Mol Biol Cell 21:2202-16. 2010..This reaction is mediated by eIF2B, a heteropentameric factor with important links to human disease...
- An eIF5/eIF2 complex antagonizes guanine nucleotide exchange by eIF2B during translation initiationChingakham Ranjit Singh
Molecular Cellular and Developmental Biology Program, Division of Biology, Kansas State University, Manhattan, 66506, USA
EMBO J 25:4537-46. 2006..GDP binds the pentameric factor eIF2B for guanine nucleotide exchange...
- Discovery of chemical modulators of a conserved translational control pathway by parallel screening in yeastNuzhat Motlekar
Penn Center for Molecular Discovery, Institute for Medicine and Engineering, and Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Assay Drug Dev Technol 7:479-94. 2009..In addition, inherited mutations in human eIF2B subunits cause a fatal brain disorder commonly called childhood ataxia with central nervous system hypomyelination ..
- Conserved bipartite motifs in yeast eIF5 and eIF2Bepsilon, GTPase-activating and GDP-GTP exchange factors in translation initiation, mediate binding to their common substrate eIF2K Asano
Laboratory of Eukaryotic Gene Regulation, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
EMBO J 18:1673-88. 1999..complex, and the resultant GDP on eIF2 is replaced with GTP by the complex nucleotide exchange factor, eIF2B. Bipartite motifs rich in aromatic and acidic residues are conserved at the C-termini of eIF5 and the catalytic (..
- Interaction of recombinant human eIF2 subunits with eIF2B and eIF2alpha kinasesRajasekhar N V S Suragani
Department of Biochemistry, University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad 500 046, India
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 338:1766-72. 2005..Consistent with this observation, the beta-subunit specifically interacts with the purified eIF2B in ELISA studies and this interaction is enhanced when wt eIF2alpha in the recombinant trimeric complex is ..
- Cloning of cDNA for the gamma-subunit of mammalian translation initiation factor 2B, the guanine nucleotide-exchange factor for eukaryotic initiation factor 2N T Price
Department of Biochemistry, University of Bristol, U K
Biochem J 318:631-6. 1996Peptide sequence data were obtained from rabbit protein synthesis initiation factor subunit eIF2B gamma...
- Conserved sequences in the beta subunit of archaeal and eukaryal translation initiation factor 2 (eIF2), absent from eIF5, mediate interaction with eIF2gammaG M Thompson
Departamento de Microbiologia, Imunologia e Parasitologia, Escola Paulista de Medicina, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Rua Botucatu, 862, Sao Paulo, 04023 062, Brasil
Biochem J 347:703-9. 2000..aIF2beta differs from eIF2beta in not possessing an N-terminal extension implicated in binding RNA, eIF5 and eIF2B. The remaining sequences are highly conserved, and are shared with eIF5...
- Biochemical analysis of the eIF2beta gamma complex reveals a structural function for eIF2alpha in catalyzed nucleotide exchangeJ Nika
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, The University of Texas at Dallas, Richardson, Texas 75083, USA
J Biol Chem 276:1051-6. 2001..GDP complex that is recycled to the GTP form by the nucleotide exchange factor eIF2B. The alpha-subunit of eIF2 plays a critical role in regulating nucleotide exchange via phosphorylation at serine ..
- Thermal injury impairs cardiac protein synthesis and is associated with alterations in translation initiationCharles H Lang
Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology H166, Penn State College of Medicine, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 286:R740-50. 2004..Burn failed to alter eIF2B activity or the total amount or phosphorylation status of either eIF2 alpha or eIF2B epsilon in heart...
- Glycogen synthase kinase-3 is the predominant insulin-regulated eukaryotic initiation factor 2B kinase in skeletal muscleL S Jefferson
Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, Pennsylvania State University, College of Medicine, Hershey 17033, USA
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 31:191-200. 1999Eukaryotic initiation factor eIF2B is a guanine nucleotide exchange protein involved in regulation of translation initiation. Phosphorylation of the epsilon-subunit is thought to be important in insulin-mediated changes in eIF2B activity...
- Direct binding of translation initiation factor eIF2gamma-G domain to its GTPase-activating and GDP-GTP exchange factors eIF5 and eIF2B epsilonPankaj V Alone
Laboratory of Gene Regulation and Development, NICHD, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 281:12636-44. 2006..The factor eIF5 stimulates hydrolysis of GTP by eIF2 upon AUG codon recognition, whereas the factor eIF2B promotes guanine nucleotide exchange on eIF2 to recycle the factor for additional rounds of translation initiation...
- Developmental changes in the feeding-induced stimulation of translation initiation in muscle of neonatal pigsT A Davis
Department of Pediatrics, United States Department of Agriculture Agricultural Research Service, Children s Nutrition Research Center, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 279:E1226-34. 2000..Each of these feeding-induced responses was blunted in muscle of 26-day-old pigs. eIF2B activity in muscle was unaffected by feeding status but decreased with development...
- A novel mechanism for the control of translation initiation by amino acids, mediated by phosphorylation of eukaryotic initiation factor 2BXuemin Wang
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of British Columbia, Life Sciences Centre, 2350 Health Sciences Mall, Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z3, Canada
Mol Cell Biol 28:1429-42. 2008Eukaryotic initiation factor 2B (eIF2B) plays a key role in controlling the initiation of mRNA translation. eIF2B is heteropentamer whose catalytic (epsilon) subunit promotes GDP/GTP exchange on eIF2...
- Reduced eukaryotic initiation factor 2Bepsilon-subunit expression suppresses the transformed phenotype of cells overexpressing the proteinJames W Gallagher
Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, The Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, USA
Cancer Res 68:8752-60. 2008Eukaryotic initiation factor 2B (eIF2B), a five-subunit guanine nucleotide exchange factor, plays a key role in the regulation of mRNA translation...
- Eukaryotic initiation factor 2B (eIF2B) GEF activity as a diagnostic tool for EIF2B-related disordersLaetitia Horzinski
INSERM U931 CNRS 6247 Université Clermont, GReD, Clermont Ferrand, France
PLoS ONE 4:e8318. 2009..forms with an onset after 16 years old and restricted to slow cognitive impairment have lead to the concept of eIF2B-related disorders...
- Crystal structure of the C-terminal domain of the ɛ subunit of human translation initiation factor eIF2BJia Wei
National Laboratory of Biomacromolecules, Institute of Biophysics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100101, China
Protein Cell 1:595-603. 2010Eukaryotic translation initiation factor eIF2B, the guanine nucleotide exchange factor (GEF) for eIF2, catalyzes conversion of eIF2·GDP to eIF2·GTP...
- eIF2 and the control of cell physiologyChristopher G Proud
Division of Molecular Physiology, School of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dunde DD15EH, United Kingdom
Semin Cell Dev Biol 16:3-12. 2005Eukaryotic initiation factor eIF2 and its 'exchange factor' eIF2B play a key role in the regulation of protein synthesis in eukaryotes from yeast to mammals. Phosphorylation of eIF2 inhibits eIF2B and thus translation initiation...
- Impaired protein synthesis induced by acute alcohol intoxication is associated with changes in eIF4E in muscle and eIF2B in liverC H Lang
Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey 17033 0850, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 24:322-31. 2000..Acute alcohol intoxication in rats decreases protein synthesis in skeletal muscle and, to a lesser extent, in liver. The purpose of the present study was to examine potential mechanisms for the inhibitory effect of acute ethanol exposure...
- Endotoxin-induced decrease in muscle protein synthesis is associated with changes in eIF2B, eIF4E, and IGF-IC H Lang
Departments of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, and Surgery, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 278:E1133-43. 2000..The content of eIF2alpha or the amount of eIF2alpha in the phosphorylated form did not change in response to LPS. eIF2B activity was decreased in muscle 4 h post-LPS but activity returned to control values by 24 h...
- Eukaryotic initiation factors and protein synthesis after resistance exercise in ratsP A Farrell
Noll Physiological Research Center and Graduate Program in Physiology, Pennsylvania State University, University Park 16802, USA
J Appl Physiol (1985) 88:1036-42. 2000..J. Physiol. Endocrinol. Metab. 276: E721-E727, 1999) that increases in one factor, eIF2B, are associated with increases in rates of protein synthesis after resistance exercise in rats...
- Mammalian stress granules represent sites of accumulation of stalled translation initiation complexesScot R Kimball
Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, The Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 284:C273-84. 2003..fibroblasts that stress granules contain not only eIF2 but also the guanine nucleotide exchange factor for eIF2, eIF2B. Moreover, we show that phosphorylation of the alpha-subunit of eIF2 is necessary and sufficient for stress ..
- Phosphorylated seryl and threonyl, but not tyrosyl, residues are efficient specificity determinants for GSK-3beta and ShaggyD D Williams
Department of Anatomy and Physiology, University of Dundee, UK
FEBS Lett 448:86-90. 1999..peptides derived from a putative glycogen synthase kinase-3 site in the Drosophila translation initiation factor eIF2B epsilon to investigate the efficacy of residues other than Ser(P) as priming residues for glycogen synthase kinase-..
- Chronic alcohol feeding impairs hepatic translation initiation by modulating eIF2 and eIF4EC H Lang
Department of Cellular Physiology, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, USA
Am J Physiol 277:E805-14. 1999..Alcohol feeding decreased hepatic eIF2B activity by 36%...
- Regulation of protein synthesis by insulinC G Proud
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of British Columbia, 2350 Health Sciences Mall, Vancouver, Canada V6T 1Z3
Biochem Soc Trans 34:213-6. 2006..PKB acts to phosphorylate and inactivate glycogen synthase kinase 3, which in turn phosphorylates and inhibits eIF2B. Insulin elicits the dephosphorylation and activation of eIF2B...
- Characterization of the minimal catalytic domain within eIF2B: the guanine-nucleotide exchange factor for translation initiationEdith Gomez
Biomolecular Sciences, University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology, Manchester M60 1QD, UK
EMBO J 21:5292-301. 2002For protein synthesis initiation in eukaryotes, eIF2B is the guanine-nucleotide exchange factor for eIF2. eIF2B is an essential multi-subunit factor and a major target for translational control in both yeast and mammalian cells...
- Initiation factor 2B activity is regulated by protein phosphatase 1, which is activated by the mitogen-activated protein kinase-dependent pathway in insulin-like growth factor 1-stimulated neuronal cellsCelia Quevedo
Servicio de Bioquímica Investigación, Hospital Ramon y Cajal, 28034 Madrid, Spain
J Biol Chem 278:16579-86. 2003We have previously demonstrated that insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF1) induces eukaryotic initiation factor 2B (eIF2B) activation in neuronal cells through the phosphatidylinositol 3 kinase/glycogen synthase kinase 3 pathway as well as ..
- Homologous segments in three subunits of the guanine nucleotide exchange factor eIF2B mediate translational regulation by phosphorylation of eIF2G D Pavitt
Laboratory of Eukaryotic Gene Regulation, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Mol Cell Biol 17:1298-313. 1997b>eIF2B is a five-subunit guanine nucleotide exchange factor that is negatively regulated by phosphorylation of the alpha subunit of its substrate, eIF2, leading to inhibition of translation initiation...
- Inactivation of eIF2B and phosphorylation of PHAS-I in heat-shocked rat hepatoma cellsG C Scheper
Department of Molecular Cell Biology, Utrecht University, 3584 CH Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Biol Chem 272:26850-6. 1997..In this respect, the activity of eIF2B was measured during and after heat shock...
- Reducing agents mitigate protein synthesis inhibition mediated by vanadate and vanadyl compounds in reticulocyte lysatesT Krishnamoorthy
Department of Biochemistry, School of Life Sciences, University of Hyderabad, India
Arch Biochem Biophys 349:122-8. 1998..of the alpha (alpha) subunit of initiation factor 2 (eIF2) or decrease the guanine nucleotide exchange activity of eIF2B, which is required to exchange GDP for GTP in eIF2.GDP binary complex...
- eIF2 independently binds two distinct eIF2B subcomplexes that catalyze and regulate guanine-nucleotide exchangeG D Pavitt
Laboratory of Eukaryotic Gene Regulation, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Genes Dev 12:514-26. 1998b>eIF2B is a heteropentameric guanine-nucleotide exchange factor essential for protein synthesis initiation in eukaryotes...
- Characterization of the initiation factor eIF2B and its regulation in Drosophila melanogasterD D Williams
School of Life Sciences, Medical Sciences Institute Wellcome Trust Biocentre Complex, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 5EH, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 276:3733-42. 2001Eukaryotic initiation factor (eIF) 2B catalyzes a key regulatory step in the initiation of mRNA translation. eIF2B is well characterized in mammals and in yeast, although little is known about it in other eukaryotes...
- Interplay between insulin and nutrients in the regulation of translation factorsC G Proud
Division of Molecular Physiology, School of Life Sciences, MSI WTB complex, University of Dundee, Dow Street, Dundee DD1 5EH, UK
Biochem Soc Trans 29:541-7. 2001..Insulin activates several of these proteins including the following: the guanine-nucleotide exchange factor eIF2B; the eIF4F complex, which (through eIF4E) interacts with the cap of the mRNA; p70 S6 kinase; and elongation factor ..
- Effect of CCK and intracellular calcium to regulate eIF2B and protein synthesis in rat pancreatic acinar cellsMaria Dolors Sans
Department of Physiology, University of Michigan, 1301 St Catherine St, 7737 Med Sci II, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 282:G267-76. 2002..Cholecystokinin (CCK) at 10-100 pM did not significantly affect eIF2B activity, which averaged 35...
- Developmental changes of eukaryotic initiation factor 2B subunits in rat hippocampusNaoko Inamura
Department of Molecular Neurobiology, Brain Research Institute, Niigata University, Asahimachi 1, Niigata Niigata 951 8585, Japan
Neurosci Lett 346:117-9. 2003..Here we investigated the developmental changes of eukaryotic initiation factor 2B (eIF2B) subunits in rat hippocampus...
- Immediate response of mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR)-mediated signalling following acute resistance exercise in rat skeletal muscleDouglas R Bolster
The Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
J Physiol 553:213-20. 2003..05). Events regulating the binding of initiator methionyl-tRNA to the 40S ribosomal subunit were assessed through eIF2B activity and eIF2 alpha phosphorylation on Ser-51. No differences were noted with either eIF2B or eIF2 alpha...
- Role of mTOR signalling in the control of translation initiation and elongation by nutrientsC G Proud
Division of Molecular Physiology, School of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, MSI WTB complex, Dundee, DD1 5EH, UK
Curr Top Microbiol Immunol 279:215-44. 2004..the regulation of eEF2 by cellular energy levels, which may be controlled via the AMP-activated protein kinase, and the activity of the guanine nucleotide-exchange factor eIF2B, which is modulated by amino acids and metabolic fuels.
- Feeding activates protein synthesis in mouse pancreas at the translational level without increase in mRNAMaria Dolors Sans
Department of Molecular and Integrative Physiology, The University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0622, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 287:G667-75. 2004..By contrast, feeding did not affect eIF2B activity...
- Crystal structure of the regulatory subunit of archaeal initiation factor 2B (aIF2B) from hyperthermophilic archaeon Pyrococcus horikoshii OT3: a proposed structure of the regulatory subcomplex of eukaryotic IF2BYoshimitsu Kakuta
Laboratory of Biochemistry, Department of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Faculty of Agriculture, Graduate School, Kyushu University, Fukuoka 812 8581, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 319:725-32. 2004Eukaryotic translation initiation factor 2B (eIF2B) is the guanine-nucleotide exchange factor for eukaryotic initiation factor 2 (eIF2). eIF2B is a heteropentameric protein composed of alpha- subunits...
- PKR and GCN2 kinases and guanine nucleotide exchange factor eukaryotic translation initiation factor 2B (eIF2B) recognize overlapping surfaces on eIF2alphaMadhusudan Dey
National Institutes of Health, 6 Center Dr, Bethesda, MD 20892 2427, USA
Mol Cell Biol 25:3063-75. 2005..Phosphorylated eIF2 is an inhibitor of its guanine nucleotide exchange factor, eIF2B. Mutations that block translational regulation were isolated throughout the N-terminal OB-fold domain in ..
- Identification of risk and age-at-onset genes on chromosome 1p in Parkinson diseaseSofia A Oliveira
Department of Medicine and Center for Human Genetics, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Am J Hum Genet 77:252-64. 2005..only two genes significantly associated with AAO in PD: the gamma subunit of the translation initiation factor EIF2B gene (EIF2B3), which was more significant in the linked subset and the ubiquitin-specific protease 24 gene (USP24)...
- Regulation of protein synthesis in lymphoblasts from vanishing white matter patientsBarbara Van Kollenburg
Dept of Pediatrics Child Neurology, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Neurobiol Dis 21:496-504. 2006..childhood white matter disorder, caused by mutations in the genes encoding eukaryotic initiation factor 2B (eIF2B)...
- The large spectrum of eIF2B-related diseasesA Fogli
INSERM UMR384, Faculte de Medecine, Clermont Ferrand, France
Biochem Soc Trans 34:22-9. 2006b>eIF2B (eukaryotic initiation factor 2B) is a GEF (guanine nucleotide-exchange factor) that plays, with its substrate eIF2, a key regulatory role in the translation initiation phase of protein synthesis...
- Childhood ataxia with CNS hypomyelination/vanishing white matter disease--a common leukodystrophy caused by abnormal control of protein synthesisRaphael Schiffmann
Developmental and Metabolic Neurology Branch, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
Mol Genet Metab 88:7-15. 2006Mutations in eukaryotic initiation factor 2B (eIF2B) cause one of the most common leukodystrophies, childhood ataxia with CNS hypomyelination/vanishing white matter disease or CACH/VWM...
- Localization of the translational guanine nucleotide exchange factor eIF2B: a common theme for GEFs?Susan G Campbell
Faculty of Life Sciences, The University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
Cell Cycle 5:678-80. 2006The eukaryotic initiation factor 2B (eIF2B) serves an essential recycling function in protein synthesis...
- Leukoencephalopathy with vanishing white matter due to homozygous EIF2B2 gene mutation. First Polish casesHanna Mierzewska
Division of Metabolic Disease, Department of Pediatrics, The Children s Memorial Health Institute, Aleja Dzieci Polskich 20, 04 730 Warsaw, Poland
Folia Neuropathol 44:144-8. 2006..A homozygous point mutation in the EIF2B2 gene was found, 638A>G. Both the parents were found to be carriers of this mutation...
- Glia-specific activation of all pathways of the unfolded protein response in vanishing white matter diseaseBarbara Van Kollenburg
Department of Pediatrics Child Neurology, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 65:707-15. 2006..The disease is caused by mutations in the genes encoding the subunits of eukaryotic initiation factor 2B (eIF2B), a protein complex that is essential for protein synthesis...
- Multiple genes and factors associated with bipolar disorder converge on growth factor and stress activated kinase pathways controlling translation initiation: implications for oligodendrocyte viabilityC J Carter
Neurochem Int 50:461-90. 2007..reasons, oligodendrocytes appear to be particularly prone to defects in the translation initiation complex (EIF2B) and the convergence of these environmental and genomic signalling pathways on this area might well explain their ..
- Purification of FLAG-tagged eukaryotic initiation factor 2B complexes, subcomplexes, and fragments from Saccharomyces cerevisiaeSarah S Mohammad-Qureshi
Faculty of Life Sciences, The University of Manchester, Manchester, United Kingdom
Methods Enzymol 431:1-13. 2007The eukaryotic initiation factor 2B (eIF2B) is a five-subunit guanine nucleotide exchange factor, that functions during translation initiation to catalyze the otherwise slow exchange of GDP for GTP on its substrate eIF2...
- Characterization of Japanese quail yellow as a genomic deletion upstream of the avian homolog of the mammalian ASIP (agouti) geneNicola J Nadeau
Department of Zoology, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, United Kingdom
Genetics 178:777-86. 2008..This deletion encompasses almost the entire coding sequence of two upstream loci, RALY and EIF2B, and places ASIP expression under control of the RALY promoter, leading to the presence of a novel transcript...
- Vanishing white matter disease associated with progressive macrocephalyM Pineda
Neurology Department, Hospital Sant Joan de Deu and Center for Biomedical Research on Rare Diseases CIBERER, Barcelona, Spain
Neuropediatrics 39:29-32. 2008..have been implicated in this disease ( EIF2B1-5), which encode the five subunits of translation initiation factor eIF2B. The disease has an autosomal recessive mode of inheritance. The age of onset and clinical severity vary widely...
- Peptidomics analysis of lymphoblastoid cell linesAnne Fogli
GreD UMR INSERM 931 CNRS 6142, Faculte de Medecine, Clermont Ferrand, France
Methods Mol Biol 615:247-57. 2010..which we developed for the peptidomic profiling of lymphoblastoid cell extracts from patients with leukodystrophies, linked to mutations in the genes encoding the eukaryotic initiation factor 2B (eIF2B; eIF2B-related disorders).
- Increased p70s6k phosphorylation during intake of a protein-carbohydrate drink following resistance exercise in the fasted stateLouise Deldicque
Department of Biomedical Kinesiology, Research Center for Exercise and Health, FABER, K U Leuven, Tervuursevest 101, 3001 Leuven Heverlee, Belgium
Eur J Appl Physiol 108:791-800. 2010..Phosphorylation of PKB (protein kinase B), GSK3, p70(s6k) (p70 ribosomal S6 kinase), eIF2B, eEF2 (eukaryotic elongation factor 2), ERK1/2, and p38 was measured via western blotting...
- The beta/Gcd7 subunit of eukaryotic translation initiation factor 2B (eIF2B), a guanine nucleotide exchange factor, is crucial for binding eIF2 in vivoKamal Dev
Laboratory of Gene Regulation and Development, Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Mol Cell Biol 30:5218-33. 2010Eukaryotic translation initiation factor 2B (eIF2B) is the guanine nucleotide exchange factor (GEF) for eukaryotic translation initiation factor 2, which stimulates formation of the eIF2-GTP-Met-tRNA(i)(Met) ternary complex (TC) in a ..
- Leukoencephalopathy with vanishing white matter: a reviewMarianna Bugiani
Departments of Pediatrics, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 69:987-96. 2010..by mutations in any of the genes encoding the 5 subunits of the eukaryotic translation initiation factor 2B (eIF2B), EIF2B1 through EIF2B5...
- Mechanisms of translational regulation by a human eIF5-mimic proteinChingakham Ranjit Singh
Molecular Cellular and Developmental Biology Program, Division of Biology, Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS 66506, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 39:8314-28. 2011..GDI) activity can antagonize eIF2 reactivation by competing with the eIF2 guanine exchange factor (GEF), eIF2B. The C-terminal domain (CTD) of eIF5, a W2-type HEAT domain, mediates its interaction with eIF2...
- Identification of MRI1, encoding translation initiation factor eIF-2B subunit alpha/beta/delta-like protein, as a candidate locus for infantile epilepsy with severe cystic degeneration of the brainAsma Sunker
Department of Genetics, King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Center, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Gene 512:450-2. 2013..We combined autozygome and exome analysis to identify a novel variant in the gene encoding a member of the eIF2B-related family of proteins (MRI1). This is a poorly understood family of proteins of unclear function...
- The yeast eukaryotic translation initiation factor 2B translation initiation complex interacts with the fatty acid synthesis enzyme YBR159W and endoplasmic reticulum membranesChristopher M Browne
Department of Biochemistry, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Mol Cell Biol 33:1041-56. 2013..the Saccharomyces cerevisiae translation initiation factor complex eukaryotic translation initiation factor 2B (eIF2B) and the very-long-chain fatty acid (VLCFA) synthesis keto-reductase enzyme YBR159W physically interact...
- An in vivo control map for the eukaryotic mRNA translation machineryHelena Firczuk
School of Life Sciences, University of Warwick, Coventry, UK
Mol Syst Biol 9:635. 2013..are found to promote mRNA scanning efficiency on a longer than-average 5'untranslated region (eIF1, eIF1A, Ded1, eIF2B, eIF3, and eIF5) exceed the levels required for maximal control...
- Analysis of the subunit organization of the eIF2B complex reveals new insights into its structure and regulationNoel C Wortham
1University of Southampton, Centre for Biological Sciences Life Sciences Building 85, Highfield Campus, Southampton SO17 1BJ, UK
FASEB J 28:2225-37. 2014Eukaryotic initiation factor 2B (eIF2B) is the guanine nucleotide exchange factor for eIF2 and a critical regulator of protein synthesis, (e.g., as part of the integrated stress response)...
- Stable reference genes in granulosa cells of bovine dominant follicles during follicular growth, FSH stimulation and maternal agingMuhammad Irfan Ur Rehman Khan
Department of Veterinary Biomedical Sciences, Western College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, SK, S7N 5B4, Canada
Reprod Fertil Dev 28:795-805. 2016..The mRNA levels of the two commonly used reference genes (GAPDH, ACTB) and four novel genes (UBE2D2, EIF2B2, SF3A1, RNF20) were analysed using cycle threshold values...
- A new function and complexity for protein translation initiation factor eIF2BMartin D Jennings
a Faculty of Life Sciences The University of Manchester Manchester, UK
Cell Cycle 13:2660-5. 2014b>eIF2B is a multisubunit protein that is critical for protein synthesis initiation and its control. It is a guanine nucleotide exchange factor (GEF) for its GTP-binding protein partner eIF2...
- Infantile onset Vanishing White Matter disease associated with a novel EIF2B5 variant, remarkably long life span, severe epilepsy, and hypopituitarismApril L Woody
Department of Pediatrics, San Antonio Military Medical Center, San Antonio, Texas
Am J Med Genet A 167:826-30. 2015..caused by mutations in the genes EIF2B1-5, which encode for the 5 subunits of the eukaryotic initiation factor 2B (eIF2B), a regulator of protein synthesis...
- Pharmacological dimerization and activation of the exchange factor eIF2B antagonizes the integrated stress responseCarmela Sidrauski
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, United States
elife 4:e07314. 2015..pathways in the integrated stress response phosphorylate eIF2 serine-51, inhibiting nucleotide exchange by eIF2B. ISRIB, a potent drug-like small molecule, renders cells insensitive to eIF2α phosphorylation and enhances ..
- Biochemical effects of mutations in the gene encoding the alpha subunit of eukaryotic initiation factor (eIF) 2B associated with Vanishing White Matter diseaseNoel C Wortham
Centre for Biological Sciences, University of Southampton, Life Sciences Building 85, Highfield Campus, Southampton, SO17 1BJ, UK
BMC Med Genet 16:64. 2015..To date, analysis of the biochemical effects of mutations in the EIF2B2-5 genes has been carried out, but no study has been performed on mutations in the EIF2B1 gene...
- eIF2B: recent structural and functional insights into a key regulator of translationNoel C Wortham
University of Southampton, Centre for Biological Sciences, Life Sciences Building 85, Highfield Campus, Southampton SO17 1BJ, U K Trafalgar School, London Road, Hilsea, Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO2 9RJ, U K
Biochem Soc Trans 43:1234-40. 2015The eukaryotic translation initiation factor (eIF) eIF2B is a key regulator of mRNA translation, being the guanine nt exchange factor (GEF) responsible for the recycling of the heterotrimeric G-protein, eIF2, which is required to allow ..
- Moco biosynthesis and the ATAC acetyltransferase engage translation initiation by inhibiting latent PKR activityTamaki Suganuma
Stowers Institute for Medical Research, 1000 East 50th Street, Kansas City, MO 64110, USA
J Mol Cell Biol 8:44-50. 2016..eIF2α phosphorylation via MPT synthase and ATAC prevented sequestration of the guanine nucleotide exchange factor eIF2B, which recycles eIF2-GDP to eIF2-GTP, resulting in the promotion of translation initiation...
- Crystal structure of eukaryotic translation initiation factor 2BKazuhiro Kashiwagi
Graduate School of Science, The University of Tokyo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
Nature 531:122-5. 2016..protein synthesis under various stress conditions, by inhibiting the eukaryotic translation initiation factor 2B (eIF2B)...
- Astrocytes are central in the pathomechanisms of vanishing white matterStephanie Dooves
J Clin Invest 126:1512-24. 2016..that is caused by mutations in genes encoding subunits of eukaryotic translation initiation factor 2B (eIF2B). Disease onset and severity are codetermined by genotype...
- eIF2β is critical for eIF5-mediated GDP-dissociation inhibitor activity and translational controlMartin D Jennings
Faculty of Biology Medicine and Health, The University of Manchester, Manchester, M13 9PT, UK
Nucleic Acids Res 44:9698-9709. 2016..eIF2 GDP/GTP status is regulated by eIF5 (GAP and GDI functions) and eIF2B (GEF and GDF activities), while eIF2α phosphorylation in response to diverse signals is a major point of ..
- Regulation of translation initiation by insulin and amino acids in skeletal muscle of neonatal pigsPamela M J O'Connor
United States Department of Agriculture Agricultural Research Service, Children s Nutrition Research Center, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 285:E40-53. 2003..to eIF4E, increased eIF4E binding to eIF4G, and increased fractional protein synthesis rates but did not affect eIF2B activity...
- [eIF2B and Cree Indian leukodystrophies]Anne Fogli
Med Sci (Paris) 19:283-4. 2003
- Membrane phospholipids and high-energy metabolites in childhood ataxia with CNS hypomyelinationS Bluml
Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy Unit, Huntington Medical Research Institutes, Pasadena, CA 91105, USA
Neurology 61:648-54. 2003Childhood ataxia with CNS hypomyelination (CACH) is a leukodystrophy with extreme rarefaction of white matter caused by mutations in one of the five subunits of the translation initiation factor 2B (eIF2B).
- Regulation of muscle protein synthesis in neonatal pigs during prolonged endotoxemiaRenan A Orellana
USDA ARS Children s Nutrition Research Center, Baylor College of Medicine, 1100 Bates Street, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Pediatr Res 55:442-9. 2004..In muscle and liver, LPS did not alter eIF2B activity, an event that regulates initiator met-tRNA(i) binding to the 40S ribosomal complex...
- Defective translational control facilitates vesicular stomatitis virus oncolysisSiddharth Balachandran
Department of Microbiology and Immunology and Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Cancer Cell 5:51-65. 2004..Nevertheless, eIF2B-mediated guanine nucleotide exchange activity downstream of eIF2 was frequently aberrant in transformed cells, ..
- The effect of genotype on the natural history of eIF2B-related leukodystrophiesA Fogli
INSERM UMR 384, Faculte de Medecine, Clermont Ferrand, France
Neurology 62:1509-17. 2004Recessive mutations in the five eucaryotic initiation factor 2B (eIF2B) subunits have been found in leukodystrophies of variable age at onset and severity.
- Assessment of biomarkers of protein anabolism in skeletal muscle during the life span of the rat: sarcopenia despite elevated protein synthesisScot R Kimball
Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, The Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey 17033, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 287:E772-80. 2004..in the binding of initiator methionyl-tRNA to the 40S ribosomal subunit, eukaryotic initiation factors (eIF)2 and eIF2B, as well as the 70-kDa ribosomal protein S6 kinase, S6K1, was lower at 6 mo compared with 1 mo of age...
- Dynamic cycling of eIF2 through a large eIF2B-containing cytoplasmic body: implications for translation controlSusan G Campbell
Faculty of Life Science, The University of Manchester, Manchester, M13 9PT, England, UK
J Cell Biol 170:925-34. 2005The eukaryotic translation initiation factor 2B (eIF2B) provides a fundamental controlled point in the pathway of protein synthesis...
- Non-eIF2B-related cystic leukoencephalopathy of unknown originMarjo S van der Knaap
Ann Neurol 59:724. 2006
- Leucine activates pancreatic translational machinery in rats and mice through mTOR independently of CCK and insulinMaria Dolors Sans
Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, Penn State College of Medicine, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
J Nutr 136:1792-9. 2006..the initiation factors eIF4E and eIF4G, but did not affect the activity of the guanine nucleotide exchange factor eIF2B, nor total protein synthesis...
- Vanishing white matter disease: a review with focus on its geneticsJan C Pronk
Department of Human Genetics, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Ment Retard Dev Disabil Res Rev 12:123-8. 2006..The process of localization and identification of the first two genes related to VWM, EIF2B5 and EIF2B2, was facilitated by two founder effects in the Dutch population...
- Early MR imaging and spectroscopy appearance of eIF2B-related leukoencephalopathyM Mascalchi
Radidodiagnostic Section, Department of Clinical Physiopathology, University of Florence, Viale Morgagni 85, 50134 Florence, Italy
Neurology 67:537-8. 2006
- The binding mechanism of eIF2β with its partner proteins, eIF5 and eIF2BεZuoqi Gai
Graduate School of Life Science, Faculty of Advanced Life Science, Hokkaido University, Sapporo 060 0810, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 423:515-9. 2012..The inactive form eIF2-GDP is then exchanged for the active form eIF2-GTP by eIF2B for further initiation cycle...
- Developmental splicing deregulation in leukodystrophies related to EIF2B mutationsAurélia Huyghe
Genetique, reproduction et développement GReD, Faculte de Medecine, Clermont Ferrand, France
PLoS ONE 7:e38264. 2012..with cystic myelin breakdown including those related to mutations in the ubiquitous translation initiation factor eIF2B. EIF2B is involved in global protein synthesis and its regulation under normal and stress conditions...
- Differentiation of rat iPS cells and ES cells into granulosa cell-like cells in vitroJuan Zhang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Second Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha 410083, China
Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai) 45:289-95. 2013..to analyze the expression level of marker genes in POF, including BMP15, FMR1, FSHR, INHA, AMH, NOBOX, FOXO3, EIF2B, FIGLA, and GDF9...
- Intra-axonal synthesis of eukaryotic translation initiation factors regulates local protein synthesis and axon growth in rat sympathetic neuronsAmar N Kar
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, National Institute of Mental Health, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1381, USA
J Neurosci 33:7165-74. 2013..hybridization and metabolic labeling, we show that the mRNAs encoding eukaryotic translation initiation factors eIF2B2 and eIF4G2 are present in the axons of rat sympathetic neurons and are locally translated...
- A viral factor, CpBV15α, interacts with a translation initiation factor, eIF2, to suppress host gene expression at a post-transcriptional levelRahul Hepat
Department of Bioresource Sciences, Andong National University, Andong 760 749, Republic of Korea
J Invertebr Pathol 114:34-41. 2013..Immunoprecipitation (IP) of CpBV15α co-precipitated eIF2 and eIF2B (a guanine nucleotide exchange factor of eIF2) in parasitized P. xylostella...
- DYRK2 negatively regulates cardiomyocyte growth by mediating repressor function of GSK-3β on eIF2BεCeline S Weiss
Internal Medicine III, University Hospital Heidelberg and DZHK German Center for Cardiovascular Research, Heidelberg, Germany
PLoS ONE 8:e70848. 2013..A central regulator of translation initiation is Eukaryotic initiation factor 2B (eIF2B)...
- eIF2B, the guanine nucleotide-exchange factor for eukaryotic initiation factor 2. Sequence conservation between the alpha, beta and delta subunits of eIF2B from mammals and yeastN T Price
Department of Biochemistry, University of Bristol, U K
Biochem J 318:637-43. 1996The guanine nucleotide-exchange factor eIF2B mediates the exchange of GDP bound to translation initiation factor eIF2 for GTP...
- Implication of eIF2B rather than eIF4E in the regulation of global protein synthesis by amino acids in L6 myoblastsS R Kimball
Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, The Pennsylvania State University, College of Medicine, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, USA
J Biol Chem 273:30945-53. 1998..that both amino acids stimulate initiation and coordinately regulate the activity of eukaryotic initiation factor eIF2B. The changes in eIF2B activity could be explained in part by modulation of the phosphorylation state of the alpha-..
- Eukaryotic initiation factor eIF2S R Kimball
Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey 17033, USA
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 31:25-9. 1999..of GDP bound to eIF2 for GTP is a prerequisite to binding Met-tRNAi and is mediated by a second initiation factor, eIF2B. In what is probably the best-characterized mechanism for the regulation of mRNA translation, phosphorylation of ..
- Julie Anne Saugstad; Fiscal Year: 2014..2 and 4 (eIF2 and eIF4) which are essential for formation of the translation initiation complex;specifically, eIF2B mediates the exchange of GDP bound to eIF2 for GTP, a key regulatory step for the control of translation ..
- X-RAY STRUCTURES OF EUKARYOTIC TRANSLATION FACTORSSTEPHEN BURLEY; Fiscal Year: 2003..of an important subset of the remaining translation initiation factors [eIF4G, eIF4A, eIF2, IF2, eIF3, eIF1A, eIF2B, eIF5, the poly (A)-binding protein (PABP), and a PABP-interacting protein]...
- Amino Acids and Muscle Protein SynthesisRobert Wolfe; Fiscal Year: 2006..to result in increased muscle protein synthesis unless there is sufficient charging of tRNA and activity of eIF2B. We propose that in the circumstance of an adequate basal amount of amino acids the transient stimulation of ..
- Leonard S Jefferson; Fiscal Year: 2015..in development and DNA damage responses (REDD1) and the growth regulatory protein, eukaryotic initiation factor (eIF2B)?...
- Cell biological analysis of CACH/VWM leukodystrophyChristoph Proschel; Fiscal Year: 2005..has not been the case for the recently identified mutations in the subunits of translation initiation factor 2B (eIF2B) in patients diagnosed with autosomal recessive Childhood Ataxia with Diffuse CNS Hypomyelination (CACH)/Vanishing ..
- Myocardial Protein Synthesis After Thermal InjuryCharles Lang; Fiscal Year: 2005..these changes are mediated by TNFa; (2) to determine the mechanism by which thermal injury decreases activity of eIF2B in heart, by assessing the phosphorylation of elF2Be, content of p67, and the importance of alterations in kinase ..
- MYOCARDIAL PROTEIN SYNTHESIS AFTER ALCOHOL INTOXICATIONCharles H Lang; Fiscal Year: 2010..Overall, the research design will establish the mechanism by which myocardial protein synthesis is reduced in response to alcohol abuse. ..
- Antiretroviral-Induced Defects in Muscle Protein SynthesisCharles H Lang; Fiscal Year: 2010..Such data is needed to both realize the full potential and avoid possible pitfalls of this drug in the long-term treatment of HIV-infected individuals. ..
- REGULATION OF PROTEIN TURNOVER IN SEPSISScot R Kimball; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Mentored Patient-Oriented Research Career Development AwZhenqi Liu; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- RESEARCH TRAINING IN PHYSIOLOGICAL ADAPTATION TO STRESSLeonard Jefferson; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Alcohol-Induced Regulation of Hepatic Protein SynthesisTHOMAS VARY; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- EFFECTS OF ALCOHOL ON MOLECULAR AND CELLULAR PATHOLOGYEsteban Mezey; Fiscal Year: 2008..The final objective is to instill in the trainee the ability to approach original questions of research relating to the pathogenesis of damaging effects of alcoholism on the body. ..