Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: EFNA5
Description: ephrin A5
Alias: AF1, EFL5, EPLG7, GLC1M, LERK7, RAGS, ephrin-A5, AL-1, LERK-7, eph-related receptor tyrosine kinase ligand 7
Publications247 found, 100 shown here
- Cloning of AL-1, a ligand for an Eph-related tyrosine kinase receptor involved in axon bundle formationJ W Winslow
Department of Neuroscience, Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
Neuron 14:973-81. 1995..Our findings, together with the observation that both molecules are expressed in the brain, suggest a role in the formation of neuronal pathways, a crucial feature of nervous system development and regeneration...
- Ephrin-A5 induces rounding, blebbing and de-adhesion of EphA3-expressing 293T and melanoma cells by CrkII and Rho-mediated signallingIsobel D Lawrenson
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, PO Box 2008, Royal Melbourne Hospital, Victoria 3050, Australia
J Cell Sci 115:1059-72. 2002....
- Repelling class discrimination: ephrin-A5 binds to and activates EphB2 receptor signalingJuha Pekka Himanen
Structural Biology Program, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
Nat Neurosci 7:501-9. 2004..The structural data reveal the molecular basis for EphB2-ephrin-A5 signaling and provide a framework for understanding the complexities of functional interactions and crosstalk between A- and B-subclass Eph receptors and ephrins...
- Elevated protein tyrosine phosphatase activity provokes Eph/ephrin-facilitated adhesion of pre-B leukemia cellsSabine H Wimmer-Kleikamp
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Monash University, Clayton, Australia
Blood 112:721-32. 2008....
- EphrinA5 acts as a tumor suppressor in glioma by negative regulation of epidermal growth factor receptorJ J Li
Laboratory of Molecular Oncology, Institute for Nutritional Sciences, Shanghai Institutes of Biological Sciences, Shanghai, People s Republic of China
Oncogene 28:1759-68. 2009..These findings may improve therapeutic strategies for glioma...
- Down-regulation of ephrin-A5, a gene product of normal cartilage, in chondrosarcomaThomas Kalinski
Department of Pathology, Otto von Guericke University, Magdeburg, Germany
Hum Pathol 40:1679-85. 2009As ephrins have been associated with tumorigenesis and tumor progression, we investigated ephrin-A5 (EFNA5) expression in specimens of normal cartilage and chondrosarcomas of different grade by conventional and quantitative reverse ..
- The ancestry and cumulative evolution of immune reactionsJolanta M Dzik
Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology, Department of Biochemistry, Warsaw University of Life Sciences, Warszawa, Poland
Acta Biochim Pol 57:443-66. 2010..histocompatibility complex (MHC), T-cell receptor (TCR), B-cell receptor (BCR) or recombination activating genes (RAGs) is known beginning from jawed fishes...
- Ephrin-A5 (AL-1/RAGS) is essential for proper retinal axon guidance and topographic mapping in the mammalian visual systemJ Frisen
Department of Molecular Oncology, Bristol Myers Squibb Pharmaceutical Research Institute, Princeton, New Jersey 08543, USA
Neuron 20:235-43. 1998Ephrin-A5 (AL-1/RAGS), a ligand for Eph receptor tyrosine kinases, repels retinal axons in vitro and has a graded expression in the superior colliculus (SC), the major midbrain target of retinal ganglion cells...
- Structure-activity relationships of 18 endogenous neuropeptides on the motor nervous system of the nematode Ascaris suumR E Davis
Department of Zoology, University of Wisconsin Madison, 53706, USA
Peptides 22:7-23. 2001..One category of AF peptides, N-terminally extended -FIRFa peptides (AF5, AF7 and AF1), has pronounced behavioral effects and qualitatively similar, but quantitatively different effects on DE2 and DI ..
- EM-652 (SCH 57068), a third generation SERM acting as pure antiestrogen in the mammary gland and endometriumF Labrie
Oncology and Molecular Endocrinology Research Center, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Quebec, Department of Medicine, Laval University, Canada
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 69:51-84. 1999..An important aspect of EM-652 is that it inhibits both the AF1 and AF2 functions of both ER alpha and ER beta while the inhibitory action of hydroxytamoxifen is limited to AF2, ..
- Expression profiling of the ephrin (EFN) and Eph receptor (EPH) family of genes in atherosclerosis-related human cellsA Sakamoto
Division of Vascular Biology, National Cerebral and Cardiovascular Centre, Suita, Osaka, Japan
J Int Med Res 39:522-7. 2011..The following 17 members were detected in adult human peripheral blood monocytes: EFNA1 and EFNA3 - EFNA5 (coding for ephrins A1 and A3 - A5); EPHA1, EPHA2, EPHA4 - EPHA6 and EPHA8 (coding for Eph receptors A1, A2, A4 - ..
- African 1, an epidemiologically important clonal complex of Mycobacterium bovis dominant in Mali, Nigeria, Cameroon, and ChadBorna Muller
Swiss Tropical Institute, Socinstrasse 57, 4002 Basel, Switzerland
J Bacteriol 191:1951-60. 2009..We have named this group of strains the African 1 (Af1) clonal complex and have defined the spoligotype signature of this clonal complex as being the same as the M...
- Cytosines, but not purines, determine recombination activating gene (RAG)-induced breaks on heteroduplex DNA structures: implications for genomic instabilityAbani Kanta Naik
Department of Biochemistry, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore 560 012, India
J Biol Chem 285:7587-97. 2010..b>RAGs can also act as structure-specific nuclease; however, little is known about the mechanism of its action...
- Changes in locomotory behavior and cAMP produced in Ascaris suum by neuropeptides from Ascaris suum or Caenorhabditis elegansC A Reinitz
Department of Zoology, University of Wisconsin Madison, 1117 West Johnson Street, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Mol Biochem Parasitol 111:185-97. 2000..Injection of AF1 (KNEFIRFamide) or AF2 (KHEYLRFamide) inhibited the propagation of locomotory waves and reduced the number of ..
- Effects of KHEYLRFamide and KNEFIRFamide on cyclic adenosine monophosphate levels in Ascaris suum somatic muscleD P Thompson
Pharmacia Animal Health, 7923 25 410, 7000 Portage Road, Kalamazoo, MI 49001 0199, USA
Int J Parasitol 33:199-208. 2003..Another excitatory FaRP present in nematodes, KNEFIRF-NH(2) (AF1), also stimulated cAMP production, but was 100-fold less potent than AF2...
- Modulation of receptor phosphorylation contributes to activation of peroxisome proliferator activated receptor alpha by dehydroepiandrosterone and other peroxisome proliferatorsViola Tamasi
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, U Louisville School of Medicine, Louisville, KY 40292, USA
Mol Pharmacol 73:968-76. 2008..DHEA action involves induction of PPARalpha mRNA and protein levels as well as increased PPARalpha transcriptional activity through decreasing receptor phosphorylation at serines in the AF1 region.
- Pathological, biochemical and haematological investigations on the protective effect of alpha-lipoic acid in experimental aflatoxin toxicosis in chicksM Karaman
Department of Pathology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Kafkas University, Kars, Turkey
Br Poult Sci 51:132-41. 2010..10 Ross PM3 chicks were given, for 21 d, no AF (C), 60 mg/kg/bwt of alpha-lipoic acid (LA), 150 ppb of aflatoxin (AF1), 150 ppb of aflatoxin plus 60 mg/kg/bwt of alpha-lipoic acid (AF1 + LA), 300 ppb of aflatoxin (AF2), and 300 ppb ..
- Mechanisms of androgen receptor signalling via steroid receptor coactivator-1 in prostateS M Powell
Prostate Cancer Research Group, Department of Cancer Medicine, Imperial College London, Hammersmith Hospital, London W12 0NN, UK
Endocr Relat Cancer 11:117-30. 2004..transcription factors usually contain two activation functions, a ligand-independent activation function 1(AF1) in the divergent N-terminal domain and a ligand-dependent AF2 in the more conserved C-terminal ligand-binding ..
- Immunoblot assay using recombinant antigens as a supplemental test to confirm the presence of antibodies to Trypanosoma cruziKevin Y Cheng
Emerging Pathogens and Infectious Diseases R and D, Abbott Diagnostics Division, Abbott Laboratories, Abbott Park, IL 60064, USA
Clin Vaccine Immunol 14:355-61. 2007..cruzi in which four chimeric recombinant antigens (rAgs), designated FP3, FP6, FP10, and TcF, are used as target antigens...
- Aberrant DNA methylation and epigenetic inactivation of Eph receptor tyrosine kinases and ephrin ligands in acute lymphoblastic leukemiaShao Qing Kuang
Department of Leukemia, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Blood 115:2412-9. 2010..Expression analysis of EPHB4, EFNB2, and EFNA5 genes demonstrated that DNA methylation was associated with gene silencing...
- Distinct and overlapping expression patterns of ligands for Eph-related receptor tyrosine kinases during mouse embryogenesisA M Flenniken
Division of Developmental Neurobiology, National Institute for Medical Research, London, United Kingdom
Dev Biol 179:382-401. 1996..We find that B61, AL-1/RAGS, LERK4, and ELF-1, members of the GPI-anchored subgroup of ligands, have both distinct and overlapping aspects to ..
- Typical atrial flutter ablation: conduction across the posterior region of the inferior vena cava orifice may mimic unidirectional isthmus blockM Scaglione
Division of Cardiology, Civil Hospital, Asti, Italy
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 11:387-95. 2000....
- Rostral optic tectum acquires caudal characteristics following ectopic engrailed expressionC Logan
Department of Developmental Neurobiology, UMDS, Guy s Hospital, London SE1 9RT, UK
Curr Biol 6:1006-14. 1996..The En gradient also correlates with the expression of two putative retinal axon-guidance molecules, RAGS and ELF-1, which are Eph-like receptor tyrosine kinase ligands that may function in the establishment of ..
- Effects of different osmolytes on the induced folding of the N-terminal activation domain (AF1) of the glucocorticoid receptorR Kumar
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology, University of Texas Medical Branch, 301 University Blvd, Galveston, TX 77555 1071, USA
Arch Biochem Biophys 465:452-60. 2007..In order to understand gene regulation by glucocorticoids, it is pivotal to know how the major transactivation domain AF1 of the glucocorticoid receptor (GR) functions...
- [Feasibility of home self-administration of low molecular weight heparin by patients with atrial fibrillation recurrence. A new approach to thromboembolic prophyllaxis]Dariusz A Kosior
Katedra i Klinika Kardiologii i Wydziału Lekarskiego AM w Warszawie
Pol Arch Med Wewn 114:1204-11. 2005..We checked the feasibility of self-screening for atrial fibrillation (AF) by instructed patients pts and prompt home self-administration of an initial dose of low-molecular weight heparin (LMWH) prior to seeking medical attention...
- Vaccination with recombinant Mycobacterium avium subsp. paratuberculosis proteins induces differential immune responses and protects calves against infection by oral challengeKumanan Kathaperumal
Animal Health Diagnostic Center, Department of Population Medicine and Diagnostic Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
Vaccine 26:1652-63. 2008We previously reported the in vitro cellular immune responses to recombinant antigens (rAgs) of Mycobacterium avium subsp. paratuberculosis (MAP)...
- Regulation of topographic projection by the Eph family receptor Bsk (EphA5) and its ligandsR Zhou
Laboratory for Cancer Research, College of Pharmacy, Rutgers University, Piscataway, NJ 08855, USA
Cell Tissue Res 290:251-9. 1997..In contrast, at least three different ligands, viz., Elf-1, LERK3/Ehk1-L, and AL-1/RAGS/LERK7, are transcribed in complementary (opposing) gradients in the hippocampal subcortical target, the lateral septum...
- Risk of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon (PAH) exposure from ingested food: the Azerbaijan case studyOke C Nwaneshiudu
Department of Water Management and Hydrologic Science, Texas A and M University, College Station, Texas, USA
J Environ Sci Health B 42:201-9. 2007..S. EPA) Risk Assessment Guidance for Superfund (RAGS) Part A was used in performing the risk assessments...
- Diarylheptanoid phytoestrogens isolated from the medicinal plant Curcuma comosa: biologic actions in vitro and in vivo indicate estrogen receptor-dependent mechanismsWipawee Winuthayanon
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Science, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
Environ Health Perspect 117:1155-61. 2009..Diarylheptanoids isolated from Curcuma comosa Roxb. have been recently identified as phyto estrogens. However, the mechanism underlying their actions has not yet been identified...
- Differential regulation of the transcriptional activity of the glucocorticoid receptor through site-specific phosphorylationRaj Kumar
Division of Gastroenterology
Biologics 2:845-54. 2008..sites in the human GR are located in the N-terminal domain including the major transactivation domain, AF1. Available literature clearly indicates that many of these potential phosphorylation sites are substrates for ..
- Human papillomavirus type 16 sequence variants: identification by E6 and L1 lineage-specific hybridizationC M Wheeler
Department of Cell Biology, New Mexico Cancer Research and Treatment Center, University of New Mexico School of Medicine, Albuquerque 87131, USA
J Clin Microbiol 35:11-9. 1997..variant lineages detected included European prototype-like (E-P), Asian (As), Asian-American (AA), and African (Af1 and Af2) lineages. In addition, E-G131, an E-class variant, and AA-G183, an AA-class variant, were also identified...
- TATA box binding protein induces structure in the recombinant glucocorticoid receptor AF1 domainRaj Kumar
Department of Human Biological Chemistry and Genetics, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX 77555, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:16425-30. 2004..Expressed independently as a recombinant peptide, the N-terminal transactivation domain (AF1) of the GR shows little structure and appears to exist as a collection of random coil configurations...
- Children of the sug: a study of the daily lives of street children in Khartoum, Sudan, with intervention recommendationsMustafa Kudrati
International Research Consultant to the Save the Children Alliance, Khartoum, Sudan
Child Abuse Negl 32:439-48. 2008..The study examines street children's daily lives in Khartoum, Sudan to recommend ways to improve their conditions and to successfully assist them off the streets...
- Expression of recombination-activating genes and T cell receptor gene recombination in the human T cell leukemia cell lineHong yun Zou
Institute of Molecular Immunology, School of Biotechnology, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou 510515, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 120:410-5. 2007..Here we used the Jurkathuman T cell line, which represents a mature stage of T cell development, as a model to investigate the regulation of Tcell receptor (TCR) gene recombination...
- Physical and functional interactions between liver X receptor/retinoid X receptor and Sp1 modulate the transcriptional induction of the human ATP binding cassette transporter A1 gene by oxysterols and retinoidsEfstathia Thymiakou
Laboratory of Biochemistry, Department of Basic Sciences, University of Crete Medical School, and Institute of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, Foundation of Research and Technology of Hellas, Heraklion, Crete 71110, Greece
Biochemistry 46:11473-83. 2007..that physical interactions between Sp1 and LXRalpha require the N-terminal region of LXRalpha, which includes the AF1 and DNA binding domains and two different domains of Sp1: the transactivation domain B and the DNA binding domain...
- Constitutively active FOXO1a and a DNA-binding domain mutant exhibit distinct co-regulatory functions to enhance progesterone receptor A activityMichael D Rudd
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Mol Endocrinol 38:673-90. 2007..Furthermore, both FOXOA3 and FOXOA3-mDBD enhanced the activity of a transcriptionally defective PGRA lacking its AF1 transactivation domain, indicating that this region of the receptor is not essential in this context...
- In vitro guidance of retinal ganglion cell axons by RAGS, a 25 kDa tectal protein related to ligands for Eph receptor tyrosine kinasesU Drescher
Max Planck Institute for Developmental Biology, Department of Physical Biology, Tubingen, Federal Republic of Germany
Cell 82:359-70. 1995..We named the protein RAGS (for repulsive axon guidance signal)...
- Characterization of the recombinase activating gene-1 and 2 locus in the Japanese pufferfish, Fugu rubripesB R Peixoto
The Molecular Sciences Institute, Berkeley, CA, USA
Gene 246:275-83. 2000..The human ACS was identified in a cosmid assigned to chromosome 11p11, which is close to the location of the RAGs (11p12). This indicates conservation of linkage between human and pufferfish.
- Differential control of gene activity by isoforms A, B1 and B2 of the Drosophila ecdysone receptorJ F Mouillet
Institute for Cell Biology, ETH Honggerberg, Zurich, Switzerland
Eur J Biochem 268:1811-9. 2001..Furthermore, they provide evidence for the existence of an autonomous ligand-independent activation function (AF1) in the A/B domains of EcRB1 and EcRB2 and of an inhibitory function (IF) in the A/B domain of EcRA.
- Distribution of 19 major virulence genes in Legionella pneumophila serogroup 1 isolates from patients and water in Queensland, AustraliaBixing Huang
Public Health Microbiology Laboratory, Queensland Health Scientific Services, Coopers Plains, QLD 4108, Australia
J Med Microbiol 55:993-7. 2006..lvh and rtxA with the virulent and predominant genotype detected by amplified fragment length polymorphism, termed AF1, whereas the avirulent common isolate from water termed AF16 did not have lvh or rtxA genes, with the exception of ..
- Aberrant DNA methylation imprints in aborted bovine clonesJing he Liu
State Key Laboratory of Reproductive Biology, Institute of Zoology, Beijing, China
Mol Reprod Dev 75:598-607. 2008..in four aborted clones we tested, but Xist and Peg10 exhibited relatively better maintained methylation status in AF1 and AF4...
- Caenorhabditis elegans neprilysin NEP-1: an effector of locomotion and pharyngeal pumpingBritta Spanier
ABI Molecular Neurogenetics, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
J Mol Biol 352:429-37. 2005..the pharyngeal activity showed a high sensitivity of the nep-1 pharynx to serotonin (5-HT) and to the neuropeptide AF1 (C...
- The steroid receptor coactivator-1 contains multiple receptor interacting and activation domains that cooperatively enhance the activation function 1 (AF1) and AF2 domains of steroid receptorsS A Onate
Department of Cell Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Biol Chem 273:12101-8. 1998..We also demonstrate that SRC-1 interacts with both the amino-terminal A/B or AF1-containing domain and the carboxyl-terminal D/E or AF2-containing domain of the steroid receptors...
- Characterization of chromatin structure and enhancer elements for murine recombination activating gene-2Xing Cheng Wei
Department of Immunology, Faculty of Medicine, Toyama Medical and Pharmaceutical University, Sugitani, Toyama, Japan
J Immunol 169:873-81. 2002Recombination-activating genes (RAGs) play a critical role in V(D)J recombination machinery and their expression is specifically regulated during lymphocyte ontogeny...
- Effectiveness of melatonin on aflatoxicosis in chicksHasan Ozen
Department of Pathology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Kafkas University, Kars, Turkey
Res Vet Sci 86:485-9. 2009..One of the groups was kept as a control (C), and the others were given 150ppb aflatoxin (AF1), 300ppb aflatoxin (AF2), 150ppb aflatoxin plus 10mg/kg/bwt melatonin (AF1+M), 300ppb aflatoxin plus 10mg/kg/bwt ..
- Purification of a new antifungal compound produced by Lactobacillus plantarum AF1 isolated from kimchiE J Yang
Department of Food and Nutrition, Chosun University, Gwangju 501 759, Republic of Korea
Int J Food Microbiol 139:56-63. 2010The aim of this study was to purify and to identify an antifungal compound of Lactobacillus plantarum AF1, which was isolated from kimchi, and to determine if Lb. plantarum AF1 can prevent fungal growth in a particular food model system...
- Function of steroidogenic factor 1 domains in nuclear localization, transactivation, and interaction with transcription factor TFIIB and c-JunL A Li
Institute of Molecular Biology, Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
Mol Endocrinol 13:1588-98. 1999..SF-1 does not have an N-terminal AF1 domain...
- Identification and characterization of four strains of Acidithiobacillus ferrooxidans isolated from different sites in ChinaHong Chen
Key Laboratory of Marine Biogenetic Resources, Third Institute of Oceanography, State Oceanic Administration, Xiamen 361005, PR China
Microbiol Res 164:613-23. 2009Four strains of Acidithiobacillus ferrooxidans (A. ferrooxidans), AF1, AF2, AF3 and AFc, were isolated from samples with different geological sources using a 9K medium. These four isolates were identified as A...
- Purification and characterization of antifungal δ-dodecalactone from Lactobacillus plantarum AF1 isolated from kimchiE J Yang
Department of Food and Nutrition, Kimchi Research Center, Chosun University, 375 Seosuk dong, Dong Gu, Gwangju 501 759, Republic of Korea
J Food Prot 74:651-7. 2011The aim of this study was to purify and identify an antifungal compound from Lactobacillus plantarum AF1, which was isolated from kimchi...
- The Eek receptor, a member of the Eph family of tyrosine protein kinases, can be activated by three different Eph family ligandsS Park
Department of Molecular Oncology, Bristol Myers Squibb Pharmaceutical Research Institute, Princeton, New Jersey 08543 4000, USA
Oncogene 14:533-42. 1997..Three different GPI-linked ligands, namely Elf-1/Cek7-L, Ehk1-L/Efl-2/Lerk3 and AL-1/RAGS, were isolated from mouse brain...
- Continued RAG expression in late stages of B cell development and no apparent re-induction after immunizationW Yu
Laboratory of Molecular Immunology, The Rockefeller University, New York, New York 10021, USA
Nature 400:682-7. 1999..immature B cells in the bone marrow that undergo receptor editing express V(D)J-recombination-activating genes (RAGs)...
- Can caregivers independently rate cognitive and behavioral symptoms in Alzheimer's disease patients?: A longitudinal analysisC G Ippen
Department of Psychology, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, USA
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 7:321-30. 1999..patients (N=153) and their caregivers over 1 year with the Relative's Assessment of Global Symptomatology-Elderly (RAGS-E) and the Alzheimer's Disease Assessment Scale-Cognitive Subscale (ADASc)...
- A ligand binding domain mutation in the mouse glucocorticoid receptor functionally links chromatin remodeling and transcription initiationL A Sheldon
Department of Physiology, Dartmouth Medical School, Lebanon, New Hampshire 03756, USA
Mol Cell Biol 19:8146-57. 1999..process and in the functional significance of the two major transcriptional activation domains, AF1 and AF2...
- The inhibitory function in human progesterone receptor N termini binds SUMO-1 protein to regulate autoinhibition and transrepressionHany Abdel-Hafiz
Department of Medicine, Molecular Biology Program, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, 4200 East Ninth Avenue, Denver, CO 80262, USA
J Biol Chem 277:33950-6. 2002..ubiquitin-like modifier (SUMO-1) protein consensus-binding motif, (387)IKEE, located in the N terminus upstream of AF1. Self-squelching does not involve this site...
- DAXX, FLASH, and FAF-1 modulate mineralocorticoid and glucocorticoid receptor-mediated transcription in hippocampal cells--toward a basis for the opposite actions elicited by two nuclear receptors?D Obradovic
Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry, Munich, Germany
Mol Pharmacol 65:761-9. 2004..We therefore performed a yeast-two-hybrid screening of a human brain cDNA library with an AF1-containing region of the human MR as bait...
- Identification of novel highly expressed genes in pancreatic ductal adenocarcinomas through a bioinformatics analysis of expressed sequence tagsDengfeng Cao
Department of Pathology, The Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland 21231, USA
Cancer Biol Ther 3:1081-9; discussion 1090-1. 2004..beta A [INHBA] and CD29) and/or at the transcript level by RT-PCR (INHBA, AKAP12, ELK3, FOXQ1, EIF5A2, and EFNA5)...
- Human papillomavirus type 16 E2 and E6/E7 variantsDavid C Swan
U S Department of Health and Human Services, National Center for Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Public Health Service, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Gynecol Oncol 96:695-700. 2005....
- Structure and function of steroid receptor AF1 transactivation domains: induction of active conformationsDerek N Lavery
School of Medical Sciences, College of Life Sciences and Medicine, University of Aberdeen, Foresterhill, Aberdeen AB25 2ZD, Scotland, UK
Biochem J 391:449-64. 2005..Recent evidence supports a structural and functional model for the NTD that involves induced folding, possibly involving alpha-helix structure, in response to protein-protein interactions and structure-stabilizing solutes...
- Comparative integromics on Ephrin familyYuriko Katoh
M and M Medical BioInformatics, Hongo 113 0033, Japan
Oncol Rep 15:1391-5. 2006EFNA1, EFNA2, EFNA3, EFNA4, EFNA5, EFNB1, EFNB2 and EFNB3 are EFN family ligands for EPH family receptors. EFN/EPH signaling pathway networks with the WNT signaling pathway during embryogenesis, tissue regeneration, and carcinogenesis...
- The role of the general transcription factor IIF in androgen receptor-dependent transcriptionM Ansar Choudhry
School of Medical Sciences, Institute of Medical Sciences Building, University of Aberdeen, Foresterhill, Aberdeen AB25 2ZD, Scotland, United Kingdom
Mol Endocrinol 20:2052-61. 2006..The major transactivation function of the AR, termed activation function 1 (AF1), is modular in structure and has been mapped to the N terminus of the protein...
- Coactivators PGC-1beta and SRC-1 interact functionally to promote the agonist activity of the selective estrogen receptor modulator tamoxifenDieter Kressler
Division of Biochemistry, Biozentrum of the University of Basel, Klingelbergstrasse 70, CH 4056 Basel, Switzerland
J Biol Chem 282:26897-907. 2007..Our findings suggest that tamoxifen-induced changes in the ERalpha LBD promote interactions with the coactivator PGC-1beta, which then cooperates with SRC-1 to enable tamoxifen agonism...
- Aberrant V(D)J cleavages in T cell receptor beta enhancer- and p53-deficient lymphoma cellsYun Hee Kang
Institute of Bioscience, Department of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Sejong University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Oncol Rep 23:1463-8. 2010..Recombination activation genes (RAGs) were expressed, while the TCRbeta chain was not expressed in the EP cell lines...
- Evaluation of extemporaneously manufactured topical gels containing aceclofenac on inflammation and hyperalgesia in ratsKavita Pabreja
Department of Life Sciences, International Medical University, KL, Malaysia
Curr Drug Deliv 7:324-8. 2010..5 degrees C) 4 h after carrageenan injection. Topical application of AF1 significantly attenuated the development of hypersensitivity to thermal stimulus as compared to control (P<0...
- EphrinA5 suppresses colon cancer development by negatively regulating epidermal growth factor receptor stabilityTong Hong Wang
Tissue Bank, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Tao Yuan, Taiwan
FEBS J 279:251-63. 2012..In conclusion, ephrinA5 inhibited colon cancer progression by promoting c-Cbl-mediated EGFR degradation. Our findings identify a novel mechanism that could be utilized to improve the therapeutic efficiency of EGFR-targeting strategies...
- Cryptocephal, the Drosophila melanogaster ATF4, is a specific coactivator for ecdysone receptor isoform B2Sebastien A Gauthier
Department of Biology, University of Oklahoma, Norman, Oklahoma, United States of America
PLoS Genet 8:e1002883. 2012..explains some of the differences in transcriptional properties that are displayed by the EcR isoforms, and similar interactions may underlie the differential activities of other nuclear receptors with distinct AF1-coactivators.
- Estrogen dependent activation function of ERβ is essential for the sexual behavior of mouse femalesMaria Cristina Antal
Institut d Histologie, Faculte de Medecine, Universite de Strasbourg, 67085 Strasbourg, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:19822-7. 2012..Decreased attractivity is also exhibited by ERβAF2(0) but not by ERβAF1(0) mutant females (females devoid of either AF2 or AF1 activation function of ERβ)...
- Rheb and Rags come together at the lysosome to activate mTORC1Marlous J Groenewoud
Molecular Cancer Research, Centre for Biomedical Genetics and Cancer Genomics Centre, University Medical Center Utrecht, Universiteitsweg 100, 3584 CG Utrecht, The Netherlands
Biochem Soc Trans 41:951-5. 2013..The activity of mTOR is under the control of various GTPases, of which Rheb and the Rags play a central role. The presence of amino acids is a strict requirement for mTORC1 activity...
- A TFG-TEC nuclear localization mutant forms complexes with the wild-type TFG-TEC oncoprotein and suppresses its activityBobae Lim
Laboratory of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Department of Life Sciences, Sogang University, Seoul 121 742, South Korea
Biochem J 456:361-72. 2013..protein self-associates, and that this is dependent upon the CC (coiled-coil) domain (amino acids 97-124), the AF1 (activation function 1) domain (amino acids 275-562) and the DBD (DNA-binding domain) (amino acids 563-655)...
- The folliculin tumor suppressor is a GAP for the RagC/D GTPases that signal amino acid levels to mTORC1Zhi Yang Tsun
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research and Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Department of Biology, Nine Cambridge Center, Cambridge, MA 02142, USA Koch Institute for Integrative Cancer Research, 77 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Mol Cell 52:495-505. 2013..The Rags are unusual GTPases in that they function as obligate heterodimers, which consist of RagA or B bound to RagC or D...
- Expression of key lipid metabolism genes in adipose tissue is not altered by once-daily milking during a feed restriction of grazing dairy cowsT M Grala
DairyNZ Ltd, c o University of Auckland, 3 Symonds St, Auckland 1010, New Zealand Electronic address
J Dairy Sci 96:7753-64. 2013..carboxylase (PC)], and triacylglyceride synthesis [diacylglycerol O-acyltransferase 2 (DGAT2)] were greater in AF1× cows compared with all other treatments...
- RhoA modulates signaling through the mechanistic target of rapamycin complex 1 (mTORC1) in mammalian cellsBradley S Gordon
The Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, The Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, PO Box 850, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Cell Signal 26:461-7. 2014..The activation state of mTORC1 is regulated by a variety of GTPases including Rheb and Rags. Recently, Rho1, the yeast ortholog of RhoA, was shown to interact directly with TORC1 and repress its activation ..
- An amphioxus RAG1-like DNA fragment encodes a functional central domain of vertebrate core RAG1Yanni Zhang
State Key Laboratory of Cell Biology, Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 200031, China
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 111:397-402. 2014..receptors in the vertebrate immune system is generated via proteins encoded by the recombination activating genes (RAGs) RAG1 and RAG2 by a process known as variable, diversity, and joining [V(D)J] gene recombination...
- Spinal cord injury and the neuron-intrinsic regeneration-associated gene programNitish D Fagoe
Laboratory for Neuroregeneration, Netherlands Institute for Neuroscience, An Institute of the Royal Academy of Arts and Sciences, Meibergdreef 47, 1105 BA, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Neuromolecular Med 16:799-813. 2014..This response consists of the expression of many RAGs, including regeneration-associated transcription factors (TFs)...
- Mutational screening of EFNA5 in Chinese age-related cataract patientsQinghong Lin
Department of Ophthalmology, The Second Affiliated Hospital of Harbin Medical University, Harbin, PR China
Ophthalmic Res 52:124-9. 2014In the past few years, Ephrin-A5 (EFNA5) had been identified to be associated with lens development, but so far no sequence variation in EFNA5 has been reported in humans...
- Exercise dependent increase in axon regeneration into peripheral nerve grafts by propriospinal but not sensory neurons after spinal cord injury is associated with modulation of regeneration-associated genesRahul Sachdeva
Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy, Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19129, USA
Exp Neurol 276:72-82. 2016..in regenerative response is associated with changes in levels of mRNAs encoding the regeneration associated genes (RAGs) GAP43, β-actin and Neuritin...
- Incorporation of Jahn-Teller Cu(2+) Ions into Magnetoelectric Multiferroic MnWO4: Structural, Magnetic, and Dielectric Permittivity Properties of Mn1-xCuxWO4 (x ≤ 0.25)Pascaline Patureau
Institut des Materiaux Jean Rouxel IMN, Universite de Nantes, CNRS UMR 6502, 2 rue de la Houssiniere, F 44300 Nantes, France
Inorg Chem 54:10623-31. 2015..Magnetic susceptibility reveals that only 5% of Cu substitution suppresses the nonpolar collinear AF1 antiferromagnetic structure observed in pure MnWO4...
- Genome-Wide Analysis of the TORC1 and Osmotic Stress Signaling Network in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeJeremy Worley
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona, 85721 0206
G3 (Bethesda) 6:463-74. 2015..cells have shown that nitrogen/amino acid starvation signals act through Npr2/Npr3 and the small GTPases Gtr1/Gtr2 (Rags in humans) to inhibit TORC1...
- Changes in shape and size of the stiff branched β-glucan in dimethlysulfoxide/water solutionsShuqin Xu
College of Chemistry and Molecular Sciences, Wuhan University, Wuhan 430072, China School of Pharmaceutical Science, Jiangnan University, Wuxi 214122, China
Carbohydr Polym 138:86-93. 2016The conformation transition of the short branched β-glucan AF1 isolated from Auricularia auricula-judae in DMSO/water solutions was investigated with viscometry and static/dynamic light scattering (SLS/DLS)...
- Involvement of GATOR complex genes in familial focal epilepsies and focal cortical dysplasiaSarah Weckhuysen
INSERM, U1127, ICM, Paris, France
Epilepsia 57:994-1003. 2016..DEPDC5 is part of a complex named GAP activity toward RAGs (GATOR) complex 1 (GATOR1), together with the proteins NPRL2 and NPRL3, and acts to inhibit the mechanistic target ..
- Regulating Axonal Responses to Injury: The Intersection between Signaling Pathways Involved in Axon Myelination and The Inhibition of Axon RegenerationSudheendra N R Rao
The Miami Project to Cure Paralysis, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine Miami, FL, USA
Front Mol Neurosci 9:33. 2016..extrinsic factors adversely affect the gene programs that govern the expression of regeneration-associated genes (RAGs) and the production of a diversity of extracellular matrix molecules (ECM)...
- Comprehensive mapping of 5-hydroxymethylcytosine epigenetic dynamics in axon regenerationYong Hwee Eddie Loh
a Fishberg Department of Neuroscience, Friedman Brain Institute, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY, USA
Epigenetics . 2016..5hmC was altered in a large set of regeneration-associated genes (RAGs), including well-known RAGs, such as Atf3, Bdnf, and Smad1, that regulate axon growth potential of DRG neurons, ..
- Rb enhances p160/SRC coactivator-dependent activity of nuclear receptors and hormone responsivenessEric Batsche
Laboratoire de Genetique Moleculaire, Institut de Recherches Cliniques de Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Biol Chem 280:19746-56. 2005..Although recruitment of SRC/p160 coactivators to the NGFI-B AF1 domain is independent of Rb, its presence enhances SRC-dependent transcription...
- Distribution of ether in two postmortem casesDawn Cox
Division of Forensic Toxicology, Office of the Armed Forces Medical Examiner, 1413 Research Blvd, Bldg 102, Rockville, Maryland 20850, USA
J Anal Toxicol 30:635-7. 2006..Two saturated rags and a resealable bag containing a clear liquid were contained within these trash bags...
- Niphatenones, glycerol ethers from the sponge Niphates digitalis block androgen receptor transcriptional activity in prostate cancer cells: structure elucidation, synthesis, and biological activityLabros G Meimetis
Department of Chemistry and Earth, University of British Columbia, 2036 Main Mall, Vancouver, B C, Canada V6T 1Z1
J Med Chem 55:503-14. 2012..Use of the propargyl ether 44 and Click chemistry showed that niphatenone B binds covalently to the activation function-1 (AF1) region of the AR N-terminus domain (NTD).
- Recent advances in diagnosis of filarial infectionsR Chandrashekar
Heska Corporation, Fort Collins, CO 80525, USA
Indian J Exp Biol 35:18-26. 1997..Recombinant antigens (rAgs) are available today which detect prepatent infections in onchocerciasis...
- Further characterization of the glucocorticoid response unit in the phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase gene. The role of the glucocorticoid receptor-binding sitesD K Scott
Department of Molecular Physiology and Biophysics, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 0615, USA
Mol Endocrinol 12:482-91. 1998..through a complex glucocorticoid response unit that consists of, from 5' to 3', accessory factor elements AF1 and AF2; two noncanonical glucocorticoid receptor-binding sites, GR1 and GR2; a third accessory factor element, AF3;..
- Activation of estrogen receptor alpha by S118 phosphorylation involves a ligand-dependent interaction with TFIIH and participation of CDK7D Chen
Department of Cancer Medicine, Imperial College of Science, Technology, and Medicine, Hammersmith Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Mol Cell 6:127-37. 2000Phosphorylation of the estrogen receptor alpha (ERalpha) N-terminal transcription activation function AF1 at serine 118 (S118) modulates its activity...
- Allosteric silencing of activating function 1 in the 4-hydroxytamoxifen estrogen receptor complex is induced by substituting glycine for aspartate at amino acid 351J MacGregor Schafer
Robert H Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
Cancer Res 60:5097-105. 2000..alpha (ER) and silences activating function 2 (AF2) in the ligand binding domain, but activating function 1 (AF1) at the other end of the ER remains constitutive and is considered to be ligand independent...
- Toxicology of environmental estrogensS H Safe
Department of Veterinary Physiology and Pharmacology, Texas A and M University, College Station 77843 4466, USA
Reprod Fertil Dev 13:307-15. 2001..The SERMs differentially activate wild-type ERalpha and variant forms expressing activation function 1 (ER-AF1) and AF2 (ER-AF2) in human HepG2 hepatoma cells transfected with a pC3-luciferase construct, and these in vitro ..
- Pre-erythrocytic antigens of Plasmodium falciparum: from rags to riches?Anne Charlotte Gruner
Unité de Parasitologie Biomédicale, Institut Pasteur, 25 rue du Dr Roux, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
Trends Parasitol 19:74-8. 2003..Here, current knowledge of pre-erythrocytic antigens is updated in the light of recent results, and the post-genomic prospects of completing the antigenic repertoire of these immunologically important and intriguing stages is discussed...
- The naturally occurring variant of estrogen receptor (ER) ERDeltaE7 suppresses estrogen-dependent transcriptional activation by both wild-type ERalpha and ERbetaJuana M García Pedrero
Departamento de Bioquimica y Biologia Molecular, Instituto Universitario de Oncología Principado de Asturias, Universidad de Oviedo, 33071 Oviedo, Spain
Endocrinology 144:2967-76. 2003..triggered by epithelial growth factor and phorbol-12-myristate-13-acetate is also abolished in ERDeltaE7 despite AF1 integrity, suggesting a cross-talk between AF1 and AF2 regions of the receptor...
- Peripheral blood lymphocytes express recombination-activating genes 1 and 2 during Epstein-Barr virus-induced infectious mononucleosisHans Joachim Wagner
Center for Molecular and Tumor Virology, Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, Shreveport 71130, USA
J Infect Dis 190:979-84. 2004..for secondary immunoglobulin gene rearrangement, we examined the expression of the recombination-activating genes (RAGs) in peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMCs) from 26 patients with infectious mononucleosis (IM)...
- Role of regulatory F-domain in hepatocyte nuclear factor-4alpha ligand specificityAnca D Petrescu
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Texas A and M University, Texas Veterinary Medical Center, College Station 77843 4467, USA
J Biol Chem 280:16714-27. 2005..ii) Deleting the N-terminal A-D-domains, comprising the AF1 and DNA binding functions, only slightly affected affinities for LCFA-CoAs (Kd=0.9-4 nm) and LCFAs (Kd=93-581 nm)...
- Gene regulation by the glucocorticoid receptor: structure:function relationshipRaj Kumar
Department of Human Biological Chemistry and Genetics, University of Texas Medical Branch, 301 University Boulevard, Galveston, TX 77555 1068, USA
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 94:383-94. 2005..Not much is known about the structure of the NTD, which contains the powerful AF1/tau1/enh2 transactivation region...
- ERalpha and ERbeta expression and transcriptional activity are differentially regulated by HDAC inhibitorsV Duong
INSERM U540 Molecular and Cellular Endocrinology of Cancers, 34090 Montpellier, France
Oncogene 25:1799-806. 2006..The use of deletion mutants of both receptors demonstrated that AF1 domain of the receptors was required...
- DNA copy-number analysis in bipolar disorder and schizophrenia reveals aberrations in genes involved in glutamate signalingGary M Wilson
Canada s Michael Smith Genome Sciences Centre, British Columbia Cancer Agency, Suite 100, 570 West 7th Avenue, Vancouver, BC, Canada V5Z 4S6
Hum Mol Genet 15:743-9. 2006..These aberrant loci contained the genes encoding EFNA5, GLUR7, CACNG2 and AKAP5; all brain-expressed proteins with known or postulated roles in neuronal function, and ..
- Comparison of standard radiological risk models and using RESRAD to derive generic risk-based area factors for final status surveysDavid A King
Science Applications International Corporation, Oak Ridge, TN 37831, USA
Risk Anal 26:175-83. 2006..ingestion, inhalation, and direct gamma intake equations used by RESRAD, Risk Assessment Guidance for Superfund (RAGS), and the Soil Screening Guidance for Radionuclides (SSG) are similar and can produce similar results, but there ..
- Structural characterization of the native NH2-terminal transactivation domain of the human androgen receptor: a collapsed disordered conformation underlies structural plasticity and protein-induced foldingDerek N Lavery
School of Medical Sciences, Institute of Medical Sciences, University of Aberdeen, Foresterhill, Aberdeen AB25 2ZD, United Kingdom
Biochemistry 47:3360-9. 2008..is less well structurally defined and contains the main determinants for receptor-dependent transactivation, termed AF1. Previously, we have shown this region has the propensity to form alpha-helix structure...
- SED1/MFG-E8: a bi-motif protein that orchestrates diverse cellular interactionsAdam Raymond
Department of Cell Biology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
J Cell Biochem 106:957-66. 2009..identified in many species and by many investigators and given a variety of names, including p47, lactadherin, rAGS, PAS6/7, and BA-46...
- Activation function 2 mediates dioxin-induced recruitment of estrogen receptor alpha to CYP1A1 and CYP1B1Laura MacPherson
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ont, Canada
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 385:263-8. 2009We investigated the role of the activation function 1 (AF1) and AF2 domains of estrogen receptor alpha (ERalpha) in mediating dioxin-dependent recruitment of ERalpha to cytochrome P4501A1 (CYP1A1) and CYP1B1 in HuH-7 human hepatoma cells...
- Structural and functional studies of the nuclear receptor PPARgammaH Eric Xu; Fiscal Year: 2010..PPAR? also contains a potent N- terminal activation domain, AF1. Until recently, structures were available only for the isolated PPAR? LBD bound to diverse synthetic ligands and ..
- BIOCHEMISTRY AND REGULATION OF V(D)J RECOMBINATIONMark S Schlissel; Fiscal Year: 2012..The RAGs first nick the DNA then introduce dsDNA breaks...
- GWEN BUEL; Fiscal Year: 2015..proposes that the Rag proteins localize to the lysosomal membrane constitutively, our data demonstrate that the Rags diffuse away from the lysosomes following amino acid stimulation. Due to the timing of mTORC1 localization vs...
- Spatiotemporal Comparison of Aberrant & Ectopic VDJ Recombination Events In VivoPENNY ELLEN SHOCKETT; Fiscal Year: 2010..in the development of other types of tumors has been proposed, but more studies are needed to understand if RAGs cause detrimental gene rearrangements in nonlymphoid cells...
- John Blenis; Fiscal Year: 2016..GEFs in mTORC1 activation (aim #1);define how and why AAs regulate the Ran gradient and the nuclear entry of Rags and/or mTORC1 (aim #2);and identify new molecular details of how mTORC1 regulates mRNA biogenesis (aim #3)...
- Ruikang Wang; Fiscal Year: 2015..g. rags) in the Wang Lab...
- Zhi Yang Tsun; Fiscal Year: 2014..We propose the following aims: 1) Characterize the FLCN interaction and localization with the Rags and Ragulator complex under different nutrient conditions...
- INTELLIGENT REFRIGERATED AUTOMATIC STORAGE SYSTEMDAN CORNELL; Fiscal Year: 1993..Scale (CGI), Hamilton Rating Scale for Depression, Relatives' Assessment of Global Symptomatology-Elderly (RAGS-E), the Physical Self-Maintenance Scale and Instrumental Activities of Daily Living (PSMS/IADL)...
- New models for RAG-mediated lymphomagenesisSANDRA SALUS; Fiscal Year: 2004..The nicked DNA intermediates generated by RAGs during cleavage have not been thought to be particularly dangerous even though unpaired RSSs as well as RSS-like ..
- EPH MOLECULES IN HIPPOCAMPAL TOPOGRAPHIC PROJECTIONSRenping Zhou; Fiscal Year: 1999..First, he will inject a soluble eph ligand, A1-1/RAGS, which serves as an inhibitor for Bsk or related receptors, into developing mouse brain...
- STOP SIGNALS FOR NEURONAL MIGRATION IN CEREBRAL CORTEXEva Anton; Fiscal Year: 2004..cortex, we identified a putatively novel radial glial cell surface molecule (Radial Glial Stop Signal molecule: RAGS 1) whose temporal and spatial distribution during cortical development in regions where neurons terminate their ..
- Structure/Function of Steroid Receptor AF1 CoregulatorsJORGE INIGUEZ LLUHI; Fiscal Year: 2006..GR harbors two major transcriptional activation functions (AF1 and AF2) that are differentially utilized in individual promoter and cellular contexts...
- Structure:function studies of the glucocorticoid receptorRaj Kumar; Fiscal Year: 2007..Until recently, it was difficult to determine AF1 structure because in solution it exists as a random ensemble of conformers...
- INTERFERON GAMMA RECEPTORS--REGULATION AND FUNCTIONSidney Pestka; Fiscal Year: 2000..to determine the role of the second interferon gamma receptor chain, gR2, in various responses; and 7. to identify additional accessory factors beyond AF1 (now called gamma R2) involved in the action of gamma interferon.
- Coactivation of Estrogen Receptor alpha/Sp1Stephen Safe; Fiscal Year: 2006..ERalpha/Spl-mediated gene expression is dependent, in part, on activation function 1 (AF1) of ERalpha and preliminary studies show the p160 steroid receptor coactivators (SRCs) do not enhance Eralpha/Spl ..
- ESTROGEN INDUCED RESPONSES VIA ER/SPL COMPLEXESStephen Safe; Fiscal Year: 2002..These results will ultimately facilitate design of chemotherapeutic approaches which target specific genes. ..
- HUMAN V(D)J RECOMBINASE IN NEOPLASTIC AND PRIMARY CELLSMichael Lieber; Fiscal Year: 2004..Corresponding studies of such regions on minichromosomes will permit the testing of the effects of the direction of DNA replication and transcription. ..
- Colon Cancer Inhibition by a Class of PPARgamma AgonistsStephen Safe; Fiscal Year: 2009..The proposed studies will provide mechanistic insights on PPARy-dependent inhibition of colon cancer and identify compounds for future clinical studies. ..
- Inhibition of Pancreatic Cancer by New PPARgamma Agonis*Stephen Safe; Fiscal Year: 2008..PPAR? -active C-substituted DIMs that inhibit pancreatic cancer cell growth in vitro and in vivo, and these will serve as lead compounds for development of new drugs for clinical treatment of this devastating disease ..
- ALKYL PCDFS--INHIBITION OF MAMMARY CANCERStephen Safe; Fiscal Year: 2001..Thus the proposed studies will define a new mechanism-based class of antiestrogens that can be used alone or in combination with tamoxifen for treatment of breast and endometrial cancer. ..
- TOXICOLOGY OF ENVIRONMENT CONTAMINANTSStephen Safe; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed training program will continue to provide trainees with a challenging academic and research environment that will prepare them for future careers in academic, industry and government. ..
- Mechanisms of Growth Factor-Estrogen Receptor CrosstalkStephen Safe; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- 2,3,7,8,--TCDD Effects on the Estrogenic ResponsesStephen Safe; Fiscal Year: 2006..The proposed Aims will address important mechanistic considerations on IDRE-independent inhibitory AhR-ERa crosstalk and pathways critical for inhibition of mammary tumor growth by SAhRMs. ..
- c-Abl and PKC-eta in Cell Development and LeukemiaMark Schlissel; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Structure Study of Angiopoietins and the Tie2 ReceptorDimitar Nikolov; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Characterization of V(D)J cleavage and repair complexesPATRICK SWANSON; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Structural Study of Semaphorins, Neuropilins and PlexinsDimitar Nikolov; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Protein-DNA Interactions in V(D)J RecombinationKarla Rodgers; Fiscal Year: 2007..Results from these studies will provide a valuable framework in the determination of the assembly and mechanism of the V(D)J recombinase. ..
- BIOCHEMISTRY AND REGULATION OF V (D) J RECOMBINATIONMark Schlissel; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Role of sex steroids in female TIEG-null mouse bone lossJohn Hawse; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- EPH MOLECULES IN OTOGENY OF BRAIN REWARD CIRCUITSRenping Zhou; Fiscal Year: 2001..Understanding the molecular basis governing the axonal connections and modifications may shed new light on the underlying mechanism of drug addiction, as well as diseases involving this system such as Parkinson's disease. ..
- Transdisciplinary Imaging Genetics Center (1 of 2)(RMI)Steven Potkin; Fiscal Year: 2006..The new knowledge generated by the Center holds considerable promise for improving diagnosis and treatment of mental illness. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Novel Small-Molecule Inhibitors of the Tie2/Angiopoietin Interactions and SignaliDimitar Nikolov; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..