Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: EDARADD
Description: EDAR associated death domain
Alias: ECTD11A, ECTD11B, ED3, EDA3, ectodysplasin-A receptor-associated adapter protein, EDAR-associated death domain protein, crinkled homolog, ectodysplasia A receptor associated death domain
Publications127 found, 100 shown here
- The NF-kappaB signalling pathway in human diseases: from incontinentia pigmenti to ectodermal dysplasias and immune-deficiency syndromesAsma Smahi
Département de Génétique et Unité de Recherches sur les Handicaps Génétiques de l Enfant INSERM UR 393, Hopital Necker, 149 rue de Sevres, 75743 Paris Cedex 15, France
Hum Mol Genet 11:2371-5. 2002..involved in NF-kappaB activation: ectodysplasin (EDA1), EDA-receptor (EDAR) and EDAR-associated death domain (EDARADD)...
- Interleukin-4 ameliorates crescentic glomerulonephritis in Wistar Kyoto ratsH T Cook
Department of Histopathology, Imperial College School of Medicine, Hammersmith Hospital, London, England, United Kingdom
Kidney Int 55:1319-26. 1999..Interleukin-4 (IL-4) down-regulates many macrophage proinflammatory activities. We therefore studied the effect of IL-4 on glomerular injury in a model of crescentic glomerulonephritis in the Wistar Kyoto rat...
- Mutation screening of the Ectodysplasin-A receptor gene EDAR in hypohidrotic ectodermal dysplasiaAnnemarie H van der Hout
Department of Genetics, University Medical Centre Groningen, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Eur J Hum Genet 16:673-9. 2008..ectodysplasin A (ED1) gene or the autosomal ectodysplasin A-receptor (EDAR) and EDAR-associated death domain (EDARADD) genes. X-linked and autosomal forms are sometimes clinically indistinguishable...
- Cloning, expression, and mutagenesis of trypsin inhibitor ETIb from Erythrina variegata seedsY Kouzuma
Laboratory of Biochemistry, Faculty of Agriculture, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 61:1041-3. 1997..the mature form of ETIb was introduced into an expression vector, pET-22b, and expressed in Escherichia coli BL21 (ED3) in a functional form...
- Expression and function of sialoadhesin in rat alveolar macrophagesK Frei
Institute of Histology and Embryology, University of Vienna, Schwarzspanierstrasse 17, A 1090, Vienna, Austria
Immunol Lett 71:167-70. 2000..demonstrated on murine and rat mφ in lymphatic organs and is recognised by the monoclonal antibody (mAb) ED3 in the rat...
- A gene for autosomal dominant hypohidrotic ectodermal dysplasia (EDA3) maps to chromosome 2q11-q13L Ho
Department of Medical Genetics, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Am J Hum Genet 62:1102-6. 1998..By genetic linkage analysis of a large ADHED kindred, we have mapped a gene for ADHED (EDA3) to the proximal long arm of chromosome 2 (q11-q13)...
- Autosomal dominant anhidrotic ectodermal dysplasias at the EDARADD locusE Bal
INSERM U781 et Département de Génétique, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Paris, France
Hum Mutat 28:703-9. 2007..In addition, mutations in a recently identified gene, EDARADD, encoding EDAR-associated death domain (EDARADD) have been shown to cause autosomal recessive EDA...
- Mapping of a ligand-binding site for the human thromboxane A2 receptor proteinJoseph W Turek
Department of Pharmacology, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
J Biol Chem 277:16791-7. 2002..that ligands interact with amino acids contained within the C-terminal portion of the third extracellular domain (ED3) of the receptor protein...
- Immunohistochemical characterization of macrophage and dendritic cell subpopulations of the spleen, thymus, tongue and heart in cyclophosphamide-induced immunosuppressed ratS Yoon
Department of Anatomy, College of Medicine, Pusan National University, Pusan, South Korea
Anat Histol Embryol 32:80-8. 2003..After CY treatment, remarkably, ED1+, ED2+ and ED3+ macrophage subpopulations, in general exhibited signs of cellular activation such as an increase in number and ..
- Involvement of the Edar signaling in the control of hair follicle involution (catagen)Michael Y Fessing
Department of Dermatology, Boston University School of Medicine, 609 Albany St, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Am J Pathol 169:2075-84. 2006..Here, we show that during the murine hair cycle the expression of Eda A1, Edar, Edaradd, and TRAF6 transcripts are minimal in the resting phase and maximal during HF transition from active growth to ..
- The heterogeneity of mononuclear phagocytes in lymphoid organs: distinct macrophage subpopulations in the rat recognized by monoclonal antibodies ED1, ED2 and ED3C D Dijkstra
Immunology 54:589-99. 1985..ED2 and ED3 recognize membrane antigens of tissue macrophages, discriminating between distinct subpopulations of macrophages, ..
- Enhanced intimal proliferation upon injury to pre-existing neointima and resistance of neointimal cells to cell deathL M Myllärniemi
Transplantation Laboratory, University of Helsinki and Helsinki University Central Hospital, Finland
Cardiovasc Pathol 8:339-47. 1999..immunoreactivity, compared to the first injury at corresponding time points, followed by high numbers of activated ED3+ macrophages and CD4+ T cells in the developing neointima...
- Bone-marrow-derived macrophages genetically modified to produce IL-10 reduce injury in experimental glomerulonephritisHeather M Wilson
Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, Institute of Medical Sciences, University of Aberdeen, Foresterhill, Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Mol Ther 6:710-7. 2002..IL-10 treatment decreased the number of glomerular ED1- and ED3-positive cells, MHC class II expression, and the number of fibrinoid lesions...
- Effects of lipopolysaccharide on the appearance of macrophage populations and fibrogenesis in cisplatin-induced rat renal injuryJyoji Yamate
Laboratory of Veterinary Pathology, Graduate School of Agriculture and Biological Sciences, Osaka Prefecture University, Gakuencho 1 1, Sakai, Osaka 599 8531, Japan
Exp Toxicol Pathol 56:13-24. 2004..Cells immunoreactive for ED1 (for exudate macrophages), ED2 (for resident macrophages) and ED3 (for activated resident macrophages) showed the highest number on day 4 or day 7, and thereafter, the numbers were ..
- The ectodysplasin pathway in feather tract developmentLeslie Houghton
Cutaneous Biology Research Center, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, 149 13th Street, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Development 132:863-72. 2005..pathway, comprising the ligand ectodysplasin, its receptor Edar and a dedicated death domain adaptor protein Edaradd, plays an important role in epidermal organ formation in mammals...
- Protective immunity of E. coli-synthesized NS1 protein of Japanese encephalitis virusCheng Wen Lin
Department of Medical Laboratory Science and Biotechnology, China Medical University, Taichung 404, Taiwan, ROC
Biotechnol Lett 30:205-14. 2008..coli-synthesized NS1 protein with another protective immunogen, the envelope domain III (ED3). Pre-challenge, detectable titers of JEV-specific neutralizing antibody were detected in the immunized mice with E...
- Highly specific detection of antibodies to tick-borne encephalitis (TBE) virus in humans using a domain III antigen and a sensitive immune complex (IC) ELISADiana Ludolfs
Department of Virology, Bernhard Nocht Institute for Tropical Medicine, Bernhard Nocht Str 74, 20356 Hamburg, Germany
J Clin Virol 45:125-8. 2009In contrast to most antibodies directed to the envelope glycoprotein of flaviviruses, those to the domain III (ED3) show serotype-specific reactions.
- From ectodermal dysplasia to selective tooth agenesisGabriele I Mues
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Texas A and M Health Science Center, Baylor College of Dentistry, 3302 Gaston Avenue, Dallas, TX 75246, USA
Am J Med Genet A 149:2037-41. 2009..that phenotypically identical syndromes (HED) can be caused by mutations in different genes (EDA, EDAR, EDARADD), that mutations in the same gene (EDA) can lead to different phenotypes (HED and selective tooth agenesis) and ..
- Structure of yellow fever virus envelope protein domain IIIDavid E Volk
Departments of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX 77555 1157, USA
Virology 394:12-8. 2009..Variations in the structure and surface chemistry of ED3 between flaviviruses affect neutralization sites and may affect host cell receptor interactions and play a role in ..
- Estradiol limits viral replication following intravaginal immunization leading to diminished mucosal IgG response and non-sterile protection against genital herpes challengeAmy Gillgrass
Department of Pathology and Molecular Medicine, McMaster University, Hamilton, ON, Canada
Am J Reprod Immunol 63:299-309. 2010..In this study, we determined the outcome of immunization after the thickening of vaginal epithelium following E-treatment waned. OVX, C57BL/6 mice were given Progesterone (P), E or saline (S) for 3 days and immunized with IVAG TK-HSV-2...
- Oligodontia ectodermal dysplasia--on signs, symptoms, genetics, and outcomes of dental treatmentBirgitta Bergendal
Department of Odontology, Umea University, Umeå 2010
Swed Dent J Suppl . 2010..Sequence alterations predicted to be damaging or potentially damaging were revealed in the AXIN2, MSX1, PAX9, and EDARADD genes in 14 (15%) of the probands. All mutations but one were novel...
- Epigenetic predictor of ageSven Bocklandt
Department of Human Genetics, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e14821. 2011..The methylation of three sites--in the promoters of the EDARADD, TOM1L1, and NPTX2 genes--is linear with age over a range of five decades...
- The ectodysplasin pathway: from diseases to adaptationsAlexa Sadier
Institut de Génomique Fonctionnelle de Lyon, Universite de Lyon, Universite Lyon 1, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique CNRS, Ecole Normale Superieure de Lyon, 46 allee d Italie, 69364 Lyon Cedex 07, France
Trends Genet 30:24-31. 2014..that belongs to the tumor necrosis factor (TNF)-α family, EDAR, a receptor related to the TNFα receptors, and EDARADD, a specific adaptor. This core pathway relies on downstream NF-κB pathway activation to regulate target genes...
- [Rickets-like genetic diseases]Hong Wei Ma
Department of Developmental Pediatrics, Shengjing Hospital, China Medical University, Shenyang 110004, China
Zhongguo Dang Dai Er Ke Za Zhi 15:923-7. 2013..Children with ectodermal dysplasia may see a doctor for sparse hair, and they are easily misdiagnosed with nutritional vitamin D deficiency rickets. Ectodermal dysplasia is related to EDA, EDAR, EDARADD and WNT 10A genes.
- Computational prediction and experimental characterization of a "size switch type repacking" during the evolution of dengue envelope protein domain III (ED3)Montasir Elahi
Department of Biotechnology and Life Science, Graduate School of Engineering, Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology, Nakamachi, Koganei Shi, Tokyo 184 8588, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1844:585-92. 2014..Here, we aim at characterizing the thermodynamic stability of DEN envelope protein domain III (ED3) during its evolution, and we report a structural analysis of DEN4wt ED3 combined with a systematic mutational ..
- Novel missense mutations in the AXIN2 gene associated with non-syndromic oligodontiaSingwai Wong
Department of Prosthodontics, Peking University School and Hospital of Stomatology, Beijing, China
Arch Oral Biol 59:349-53. 2014..To date, mutations in EDA, AXIN2, MSX1, PAX9, WNT10A, EDAR, EDARADD, NEMO and KRT 17 are known to associate with non-syndromic oligodontia...
- Active and peripheral anionic sites of acetylcholinesterase have differential modulation effects on cell proliferation, adhesion and neuritogenesis in the NG108-15 cell lineHelen M Campanha
Rutgers, New Jersey Medical School Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, 185 South Orange Avenue, MSB H609, Newark, NJ 07103, United States Electronic address
Toxicol Lett 230:122-31. 2014..cell adhesion, proliferation and neuritogenesis, in the presence and absence of human red blood cell (hRBC) AChE (ED220.127.116.11). AChE active-site inhibitor paraoxon (PO; 0.1-1...
- Development of a multiplex bead-based assay to monitor dengue virus seroconversionKaiting Ng
Singapore Immunology Network SIgN, A STAR, 8A Biomedical Grove, Singapore, Singapore
Methods Mol Biol 1138:53-74. 2014..The ED3 domain of a specific DENV serotype is cloned into pQEAM containing 6xHIS, TEV protease, and AviTag biotinylation ..
- Thermodynamic mechanism for the evasion of antibody neutralization in flavivirusesRodrigo A Maillard
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Department of Pathology, Sealy Center for Vaccine Development, Institute for Human Infections and Immunity and Sealy Center for Structural Biology and Molecular Biophysics, The University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas 77555, United States
J Am Chem Soc 136:10315-24. 2014..We applied this method to the envelope protein domain III (ED3) of two medically important flaviviruses: West Nile and dengue 2...
- Identification of potential targets for thylakoid oxidoreductase AtVKOR/LTO1 in chloroplastsYing Lu
College of Life Science, Shandong Agricultural University, Shandong Taian 271000, People s Republic of China
Protein Pept Lett 22:219-25. 2014..with AtVKOR, including HCF164, cytochrome c6A, violaxanthin deepoxidase, embryo sac development arrest 3 protein (EDA3), two members pentapeptide repeat proteins (TL17 and TL20.3), and two FK-506 binding proteins (FKBP13 and FKBP20-2)...
- Selection and Characterization of DNA Aptamers Targeting All Four Serotypes of Dengue VirusesHeng Li Chen
Institute of Biotechnology and Department of Life Science, National Tsing Hua University, Hsinchu 300, Taiwan
PLoS ONE 10:e0131240. 2015..Enrichment (SELEX), we demonstrated the first aptamer (S15) that can bind to DENV-2 envelop protein domain III (ED3) with a high binding affinity...
- Tinkering signaling pathways by gain and loss of protein isoforms: the case of the EDA pathway regulator EDARADDAlexa Sadier
Institut de Génomique Fonctionnelle de Lyon, UMR 5242 du CNRS, Universite de Lyon, Universite Claude Bernard Lyon 1, Ecole Normale Superieure de Lyon, 46 allee d Italie, 69364, Lyon, Cedex 07, France
BMC Evol Biol 15:129. 2015..We investigate here the role of gain and loss of isoforms using Edaradd, a gene of the Ecodysplasin pathway, implicated in morphological evolution...
- Structural and biophysical analysis of sero-specific immune responses using epitope grafted Dengue ED3 mutantsManjiri R Kulkarni
Department of Biotechnology and Life Science, Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology, Tokyo 184 8588, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1854:1438-43. 2015..The third domain of the viral envelope protein (ED3) contains the two major putative epitopes and is a highly suitable model protein for examining the molecular ..
- Emu oil decreases atherogenic plaque formation in cafeteria diet-induced obese ratsSoundararajan Kamalakkannan
Department of Zoology, Bishop Heber College, Puthur, Tiruchirappalli 620017, India
J Sci Food Agric 96:3063-8. 2016..groups (n = 6), and fed with normal diet (chow pellet; ND), or with cafeteria diet (CD), or with CD along with emu oil supplementation at three different doses: ED1 (2 mL), ED2 (4 mL) and ED3 (8 mL) kg(-1) body weight (BW), respectively.
- GREMLIN 2 Mutations and Dental AnomaliesP N Kantaputra
Center of Excellence in Medical Genetics Research, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai, Thailand Division of Pediatric Dentistry, Department of Orthodontics and Pediatric Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai, Thailand Dentaland Clinic, Chiang Mai, Thailand
J Dent Res 94:1646-52. 2015..It has been associated with mutations in MSX1, PAX9, EDA, AXIN2, EDAR, EDARADD, and WNT10A...
- Characterization of a Novel Dengue Serotype 4 Virus-Specific Neutralizing Epitope on the Envelope Protein Domain IIIGuang Hui Ji
Department of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Navy General Hospital, Beijing, China International Joint Cancer Institute, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, China
PLoS ONE 10:e0139741. 2015The dengue virus (DENV) envelope protein domain III (ED3) has been suggested to contain receptor recognition sites and the critical neutralizing epitopes...
- Novel missense mutation in the EDA gene in a family affected by oligodontiaGisela Ruiz-Heiland
Department of Orthodontics, Justus Liebig University of Giessen, Schlangenzahl 14, 35392, Giessen, Germany
J Orofac Orthop 77:31-8. 2016Mutations in the EDA-EDAR-EDARADD genes and more recently, mutations in the WNT10A gene have been described as the cause of syndromic and nonsyndromic tooth agenesis concomitant with diverse abnormalities of ectodermally derived tissues.
- Modeling and experimental assessment of a buried Leu-Ile mutation in dengue envelope domain IIIManjiri R Kulkarni
Department of Biotechnology and Life Science, Graduate School of Engineering, Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology, 2 24 16, Nakamachi, Koganei Shi, Tokyo, 184 8588, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 471:163-8. 2016Envelope protein domain III (ED3) of the dengue virus is important for both antibody binding and host cell interaction...
- Association between the CpG island methylator phenotype and its prognostic significance in primary pulmonary adenocarcinomaYoung Wha Koh
Department of Pathology, Ajou University School of Medicine, Suwon, South Korea
Tumour Biol 37:10675-84. 2016..adenocarcinoma after a surgical resection, we performed methylation analysis of six genes (CCNA1, ACAN, GFRA1, EDARADD, MGC45800, and p16 (INK4A)) in 230 pulmonary adenocarcinoma cases using the SEQUENOM MassARRAY platform...
- Hemocyanin from Shrimp Litopenaeus vannamei Has Antiproliferative Effect against HeLa Cell In VitroLiyuan Zheng
Department of Biology and Guangdong Provincial Key laboratory of Marine Biotechnology, Shantou University, Shantou, 515063, China
PLoS ONE 11:e0151801. 2016..1/2 (G3PDH1/2), aldosereductase, ectodemal dysplasia receptor associated death receptor domain isoform CRA_a (EDARADD), heat shock 60kD protein 1 variant 1 (HSP60), heat shock 70kDa protein 5 precursor (HSP70), heat shock protein ..
- Mutational spectrum in 101 patients with hypohidrotic ectodermal dysplasia and breakpoint mapping in independent cases of rare genomic rearrangementsSigrun Wohlfart
Department of Pediatrics, German Competence Center for Children with Ectodermal Dysplasias, University Hospital Erlangen, Erlangen, Germany
J Hum Genet 61:891-897. 2016..If caused by mutations in the genes EDA, EDA1R or EDARADD, phenotypes are often very similar as the result of a common signaling pathway...
- Ectodysplasin signalling deficiency in mouse models of hypohidrotic ectodermal dysplasia leads to middle ear and nasal pathologyAli Azar
Developmental Biology Division
Hum Mol Genet 25:3564-3577. 2016Hypohidrotic ectodermal dysplasia (HED) results from mutation of the EDA, EDAR or EDARADD genes and is characterized by reduced or absent eccrine sweat glands, hair follicles and teeth, and defective formation of salivary, mammary and ..
- Eight Mutations of Three Genes (EDA, EDAR, and WNT10A) Identified in Seven Hypohidrotic Ectodermal Dysplasia PatientsBinghui Zeng
Guanghua School of Stomatology, Hospital of Stomatology, Guangdong Provincial Key Laboratory of Stomatology, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou 510055, China
Genes (Basel) 7:. 2016..Ectodysplasin A (EDA), Ectodysplasin A receptor (EDAR), and EDAR-associated death domain (EDARADD) are candidate genes for HED, but the relationship between WNT10A and HED has not yet been validated...
- Mutation analysis by direct and whole exome sequencing in familial and sporadic tooth agenesisAlessandro Salvi
Department of Molecular and Translational Medicine, Division of Biology and Genetics, University of Brescia, I 25123 Brescia, Italy
Int J Mol Med 38:1338-1348. 2016..individuals were siblings and also carried a heterozygous functional variant in EDAR-associated death domain (EDARADD) (rs114632254), another disease causing gene, generating a combination of genetic variants never described until ..
- [Clinical and molecular study in a family with autosomal dominant hypohidrotic ectodermal dysplasia]Michele Callea
Unit of Dentistry, Bambino Gesu Children s Hospital, IRCCS, Rome, Italy
Arch Argent Pediatr 116:e34-e38. 2017..in development of structure derived from the ectoderm and is caused by mutations in the genes EDA, EDAR, or EDARADD. Phenotypes caused by mutations in these three may exhibit similar clinical features, explained by a common ..
- Rat bone marrow and monocyte cultures: influence of culture time and lymphokines on the expression of macrophage differentiation antigensJ G Damoiseaux
Department of Cell Biology, Medical Faculty, Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Leukoc Biol 46:246-53. 1989..The expression of the ED3 antigen is highly inducible in bone marrow cultures...
- Molecular epidemiology of HIV-1 in Venezuela: high prevalence of HIV-1 subtype B and identification of a B/F recombinant infectionErika Castro
Department of Immunology, Oswaldo Cruz Institute, FIOCRUZ, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 32:338-44. 2003..The discrimination capacity of HIV-1 subtypes using the primer set ED3/14-ED31/33 among the Caracas samples was found to be higher than for those from Margarita Island...
- The distribution of antigen in lymphoid tissues following its injection into the anterior chamber of the rat eyeSerge Camelo
School of Anatomy and Human Biology, University of Western Australia, Crawley, Perth, Australia
J Immunol 172:5388-95. 2004..In the spleen, Ag-bearing cells were CD1(+), CD11b(+), ED1(+), ED2(low), ED3(+), CD86(low), OX6(+), CD11c(-), ED5(-) and in the LNs were CD4(+), CD8(+), CD80(+), and OX41(+) suggesting these ..
- Novel mutations in the EDAR gene in two Pakistani consanguineous families with autosomal recessive hypohidrotic ectodermal dysplasiaM Naeem
Department of Biological Sciences, Quaid i Azam University, Islamabad 45320, Pakistan
Br J Dermatol 153:46-50. 2005..There are X-linked, autosomal recessive and autosomal dominant forms of this disorder. Mutations in the EDA gene cause X-linked HED and mutations in either the EDAR or the EDARADD genes cause autosomal forms of HED.
- Reasonable design of antibody mimetics for targeting glioma and small cell lung cancerTao Jiang
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Xi an Tangdu Hospital, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, China
Eur J Cancer Prev 18:431-5. 2009..fused, the mimetic with the first 388 amino acid residues of diphtheria toxin, Escherichia coli strain, BL21 (ED3), was used for expression of soluble immunotoxins DT-BT and DT-TB...
- A founder ectodysplasin A receptor (EDAR) mutation results in a high frequency of the autosomal recessive form of hypohidrotic ectodermal dysplasia in IndiaM D Bashyam
Centre for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics, Hyderabad 500001, India
Br J Dermatol 166:819-29. 2012..A receptor (EDAR), encoding the EDA-A1 receptor and ectodysplasin A receptor-associated death domain (EDARADD), encoding an adaptor protein...
- Conservation of the DENV-2 type-specific and DEN complex-reactive antigenic sites among DENV-2 genotypesTrevor J Pitcher
Center for Biodefense and Emerging Infectious Diseases, Sealy Center for Vaccine Development, Institute for Human Infections and Immunity, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX 77555 0436, USA
Virology 422:386-92. 2012The envelope (E) protein is composed of three domains (ED1, ED2 and ED3) with ED3 targeted by the most potent neutralizing antibodies. DENV-2 strains can be divided into six genotypes...
- Mutations in WNT10A are present in more than half of isolated hypodontia casesMarie José van den Boogaard
Department of Medical Genetics, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Med Genet 49:327-31. 2012..Mutations in MSX1, PAX9, AXIN2 and the ectodermal dysplasia genes EDA, EDAR and EDARADD have been detected in familial severe tooth agenesis...
- Functional studies for the TRAF6 mutation associated with hypohidrotic ectodermal dysplasiaH Fujikawa
Laboratory of Genetic Skin Diseases Division of Dermatology, Niigata University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Niigata, Japan
Br J Dermatol 168:629-33. 2013..A de novo heterozygous mutation in the tumour necrosis factor receptor-associated factor 6 gene (TRAF6) was recently identified in a patient with HED, while functional consequences resulting from the mutation remained unknown...
- Multiple linear epitopes (B-cell, CTL and Th) of JEV expressed in recombinant MVA as multiple epitope vaccine induces a protective immune responseFengjuan Wang
Key Laboratory of Animal Diseases Diagnosis and Immunology, Ministry of Agriculture, Nanjing Agricultural University, Nanjing, 210095, China
Virol J 9:204. 2012..were almost no difference of cytokines and neutralizing antibody titers among 107 TCID50 rMVA-mep, recombinant ED3 and inactivated JEV vaccine...
- Phenotypic characterization of mononuclear inflammatory cells following equine hydroxyapatite/collagen block grafting in ratsAsim Alsuwaiyan
King Fahd Military Medical Complex, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
Biomed Mater 7:065005. 2012..monocytic cells (ED1), resident mononuclear phagocytes (ED2), mononuclear phagocytes of lymphoid origin (ED3), expression of Ia antigen (OX6), T-cells (OX19), and B-cells (OX33)...
- High resolution crystal structure of dengue-3 envelope protein domain III suggests possible molecular mechanisms for serospecific antibody recognitionMontasir Elahi
Department of Biotechnology and Life Science, Graduate School of Engineering, Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology, Koganei Shi, Tokyo, Japan
Proteins 81:1090-5. 2013..Here, we report a 1.7 Å crystal structure of a recombinant dengue-3 envelope protein domain III (ED3), which contains most of the putative epitopes...
- Thermodynamic stability of domain III from the envelope protein of flaviviruses and its improvement by molecular designNora Zidane
Unit of Molecular Prevention and Therapy of Human Diseases, Department of Infection and Epidemiology, Institut Pasteur, rue du Dr Roux, F 75015 Paris, France
Protein Eng Des Sel 26:389-99. 2013..Domain III (ED3) of the viral envelope protein interacts with cell receptors and contains epitopes recognized by virus neutralizing ..
- Ectodysplasin/NF-κB signaling in embryonic mammary gland developmentPäivi H Lindfors
Developmental Biology Program, Institute of Biotechnology, University of Helsinki, P O Box 56, 00014, Helsinki, Finland
J Mammary Gland Biol Neoplasia 18:165-9. 2013..Eda) signaling pathway consists of a TNF-like ligand Eda, its receptor Edar, and an adaptor protein Edaradd and its activation leads to NF-κB mediated transcription...
- Cross-reactivities between human IgMs and the four serotypes of dengue virus as probed with artificial homodimers of domain-III from the envelope proteinsNora Zidane
Unit of Molecular Prevention and Therapy of Human Diseases, Department of Infection and Epidemiology, Institut Pasteur, rue du Docteur Roux, F 75015 Paris, France
BMC Infect Dis 13:302. 2013..Subsequent infection by a different serotype is a risk factor for severe dengue. Domain III (ED3) of the viral envelope protein interacts with cell receptors and contains epitopes recognized by neutralizing ..
- Candidate gene analysis of tooth agenesis identifies novel mutations in six genes and suggests significant role for WNT and EDA signaling and allele combinationsSirpa Arte
Institute of Dentistry, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
PLoS ONE 8:e73705. 2013..Together with our previous reports, we have identified two mutations in MSX1, AXIN2 and EDARADD, five in PAX9, four in EDA and EDAR, and nine in WNT10A...
- Involvement of and interaction between WNT10A and EDA mutations in tooth agenesis cases in the Chinese populationHuiying He
Department of Prosthodontics, School and Hospital of Stomatology, Peking University, Beijing, China
PLoS ONE 8:e80393. 2013..Additionally, EDA, EDAR, and EDARADD encode signaling molecules in the Eda/Edar/NF-κB signaling pathways, we also checked EDAR and EDARADD in this ..
- Heterogeneity of macrophages in the rat evidenced by variability in determinants: two new anti-rat macrophage antibodies against a heterodimer of 160 and 95 kd (CD11/CD18)J G Damoiseaux
Department of Cell Biology Medical Faculty, Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Leukoc Biol 46:556-64. 1989A set of three monoclonal antibodies (MoAbs), ED1, ED2, and ED3, has been shown to recognize in situ different subsets of macrophages in the rat...
- [Pulmonary macrophages in rats after hemithoracic irradiation: analysis of morphology and expression of surface antigen]K Soejima
Department of Radiology, Yamaguchi University School of Medicine, Ube, Japan
Nihon Kyobu Shikkan Gakkai Zasshi 31:942-50. 1993..monoclonal antibodies to MHC class I (HAM2), MHC class II (OX6) and macrophage differentiation antigens (ED1, ED2, ED3)...
- Pulse pressure correlates in humans with a proscillaridin A immunoreactive compoundB Sich
Institut für Biochemie und Endokrinologie, Justus Liebig Universitat Giessen, Germany
Hypertension 27:1073-8. 1996..a propanol/isopropanol gradient resulted in the separation of three peaks of increasing hydrophobicity (ED1, ED2, ED3) that inhibited the sodium pump of human red blood cells and cross-reacted with proscillaridin A antibodies...
- Role of nitric oxide in experimental obliterative bronchiolitis (chronic rejection) in the ratE A Kallio
Cardiopulmonary Research Group of Transplantation Laboratory, Haartman Institute, University of Helsinki and Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
J Clin Invest 100:2984-94. 1997..of the nitric oxide pathway affected the number of graft-infiltrating CD4+ and CD8+ T cells, ED1+ and ED3+ macrophages, immune activation with expression of IL-2R or MHC class II, or production of macrophage or Th1 ..
- Phenotypic characterization of mononuclear inflammatory cells in salivary glands of bio-breeding ratsR E Cohen
Department of Periodontology, School of Dental Medicine, University at Buffalo, NY 14214, USA
Arch Oral Biol 42:649-55. 1997..membrane antigens associated primarily with monocytes (ED1), mature tissue macrophages (ED2), lymphoid macrophages (ED3), MHC class II (Ia) antigen (OX6), CD5+ T lymphocytes (OX19), and rat B lymphocytes (OX33)...
- Marrow-derived activated macrophages are required during the effector phase of experimental autoimmune uveoretinitis in ratsJ V Forrester
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Aberdeen, Scotland
Curr Eye Res 17:426-37. 1998..Immunohistochemical studies have previously documented the lymphocyte profiles during various stages of the disease process. The purpose of the present study was to investigate the role of macrophages in EAU...
- Transitions in cell organization and in expression of contractile and extracellular matrix proteins during development of chicken aortic smooth muscle: evidence for a complex spatial and temporal differentiation programZ Yablonka-Reuveni
Department of Biological Structure, School of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle 98195, USA
Anat Embryol (Berl) 197:421-37. 1998..We further show that, during earlier stages of embryogenesis (ED3 through ED7), cells expressing smooth muscle proteins appear only in the peri-endothelial region of the aortic and ..
- Mutations in the human homologue of mouse dl cause autosomal recessive and dominant hypohidrotic ectodermal dysplasiaA W Monreal
Department of Molecular and Medical Genetics, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland 97201, USA
Nat Genet 22:366-9. 1999..Dominant disorders, possibly allelic to the recessive loci, are seen in both species (ED3, Dlslk)...
- Blockade of complement inhibits obliterative bronchiolitis in rat tracheal allograftsE A Kallio
Cardiopulmonary Research Group of the Transplantation Laboratory, University of Helsinki and Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 161:1332-9. 2000..treatment did not affect the number of graft-infiltrating CD4(+) and CD8(+) T cells, CD45(+) B cells, ED1(+) and ED3(+) macrophages, or immune activation with expression of IL-2Ralpha or MHC class II...
- In vitro characterization of Mato's FGP cells isolated from rat cerebrumTomoko Nakazawa
Department of Anatomy and Developmental Biology, Medical School, Tokyo Women s Medical University, 8 1 Kawada cho, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 162 8666, Japan
Neurosci Lett 317:127-30. 2002..immunoreactions of cultured cells to ED1 and ED2 antibodies were observed, whereas they were weak or negative to ED3 and OX42 antibodies. Acid phosphatase activity was detected in the granules of cultured cells...
- Gene defect in ectodermal dysplasia implicates a death domain adapter in developmentD J Headon
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, 77030, USA
Nature 414:913-6. 2001..This adapter, which we have called Edaradd (for Edar-associated death domain), interacts with the death domain of Edar and links the receptor to downstream ..
- Identification of a novel death domain-containing adaptor molecule for ectodysplasin-A receptor that is mutated in crinkled miceMinhong Yan
Department of Molecular Oncology, Genentech Inc, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Curr Biol 12:409-13. 2002..This is an unprecedented example of naturally occurring mutations in ligand, receptor, or adaptor giving rise to the same phenotypic disease characterized by a defect in the proper development of epidermal appendages...
- Death receptor signaling giving life to ectodermal organsIrma Thesleff
Developmental Biology Program, Insitute of Biotechnology, Viikki Biocenter, PO Box 56, University of Helsinki, 00014 Helsinki, Finland
Sci STKE 2002:pe22. 2002..also known as EDA), its death domain-containing receptor EDAR, and the death domain adapter molecule EDARADD. This pathway was discovered and delineated through the cloning of genes that cause human hypohidrotic ectodermal ..
- Mesh implants in hernia repair. Inflammatory cell response in a rat modelR Rosch
Department of Surgery, RWTH Aachen University, Aachen, Germany
Eur Surg Res 35:161-6. 2003..To approach biocompatibility of surgical meshes we therefore examined the infiltrate of these cells as well as the proliferation rate in response to different clinically applied materials...
- Traf6 is essential for murine tooth cusp morphogenesisAtsushi Ohazama
Department of Craniofacial Development, GKT Dental Institute, King s College, Guy s Hospital, London Bridge, London, United Kingdom
Dev Dyn 229:131-5. 2004..e., ectodysplasin (EDA), EDA receptor (EDAR), and EDAR-associated death domain (EDARADD; the intracellular adaptor for EDAR), are responsible for several forms of HED in humans and mice...
- Myodegeneration in EDA-A2 transgenic mice is prevented by XEDAR deficiencyKim Newton
Molecular Oncology Department, Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
Mol Cell Biol 24:1608-13. 2004..an important role in sweat gland, hair, and tooth development; mutations in EDA, EDAR, or the downstream adaptor EDARADD cause hypohidrotic ectodermal dysplasia...
- Developmental changes of keratin expression in chick embryo olfactory epithelium in relation to cellular differentiation and neurogenesis in vivo and in vitroIsabelle Comte
UMR CNRS 6101, Faculte de Medecine, 2 rue du Dr Marcland, 87025 Limoges, Cedex, France
Brain Res Dev Brain Res 148:1-10. 2004..Olfactory placodes form at embryonic day 3 (ED3) in the anterior facial ectoderm and invaginate to form the nasal pits...
- The activation level of the TNF family receptor, Edar, determines cusp number and tooth number during tooth developmentA S Tucker
Craniofacial Development, Dental Institute, Guy s Hospital, King s College London, London SE1 9RT, UK
Dev Biol 268:185-94. 2004Mutations in members of the ectodysplasin (TNF-related) signalling pathway, EDA, EDAR, and EDARADD in mice and humans produce an ectodermal dysplasia phenotype that includes missing teeth and smaller teeth with reduced cusps...
- Fractalkine and its receptor, CX3CR1, upregulation in streptozotocin-induced diabetic kidneysYuichi Kikuchi
Second Department of Internal Medicine, National Defense Medical College, Saitama, Japan
Nephron Exp Nephrol 97:e17-25. 2004..We examined whether fractalkine and CX3CR1 upregulation are found in streptozotocin-induced diabetic kidneys...
- A rare case of hypohidrotic ectodermal dysplasia caused by compound heterozygous mutations in the EDAR geneYutaka Shimomura
Department of Dermatology, Niigata University School of Medicine, Niigata, Japan
J Invest Dermatol 123:649-55. 2004..caused by mutations in the EDA gene, and the autosomal forms result from mutations in either the EDAR gene or the EDARADD gene...
- Limited capability of regional lymph nodes to eradicate metastatic cancer cellsHiroshi Nagata
Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, Keio University, Tokyo, Japan
Cancer Res 64:8239-48. 2004..Germinal centers and lymphoid cells in the medulla proliferated before 48 hours. ED3(+) macrophages incorporated apoptotic cancer cells, but significant cancer proliferation occurred after 4 days...
- Tissue response to partially in vitro predegraded poly-L-lactide implantsWim H De Jong
Laboratory for Toxicology, Pathology and Genetics, National Institute for Public Health and the Environment, P O Box 1, 3720 BA Bilthoven, The Netherlands
Biomaterials 26:1781-91. 2005..In the capsule macrophage like cells expressed all three macrophage markers ED1, ED2, and ED3. CD4 and CD8 positive cells, indicating T helper and T supressor/cytotoxic cells, respectively, could be observed ..
- Energy density of diets reported by American adults: association with food group intake, nutrient intake, and body weightA K Kant
Department of Family, Nutrition, and Exercise Sciences, Queens College of the City University of New York, Flushing, NY 11367, USA
Int J Obes (Lond) 29:950-6. 2005..However, little is known about the energy density of diets consumed by free-living populations; therefore, the purpose of this study was to examine demographic, health, and nutritional correlates of energy density of self-reported diets...
- Intercellular growth factor signaling and the development of mouse tracheal submucosal glandsEmma L Rawlins
Department of Cell Biology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Dev Dyn 233:1378-85. 2005..Glands are completely absent in mice lacking Ectodysplasin (Eda) and Edaradd (Eda receptor adaptor protein), members of the tumor necrosis (TNF) superfamily of signaling factors...
- TAB2, TRAF6 and TAK1 are involved in NF-kappaB activation induced by the TNF-receptor, Edar and its adaptator EdaraddAurore Morlon
Unité de Recherche sur les Handicaps Génétiques de l Enfant INSERM U 393, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, 149 rue de Sévres 75015 Paris, France
Hum Mol Genet 14:3751-7. 2005Activation of the NF-kappaB pathway by the TNF-receptor Edar (Ectodysplasin receptor) and its downstream adaptator Edaradd (Edar-associated death domain) is essential for the development of hair follicles, teeth, exocrine glands and ..
- Mutations in EDAR account for one-quarter of non-ED1-related hypohidrotic ectodermal dysplasiaN Chassaing
Service de Genetique Medicale, Hopital Purpan, Toulouse, France
Hum Mutat 27:255-9. 2006..and -recessive forms occur occasionally and result from mutations in at least two genes: EDAR and EDARADD. These different forms are phenotypically indistinguishable...
- [Prokaryotic expression and identification of human papillomavirus type 16 E5 protein]Qiao fa Shi
Department of Microbiology, West China School of Preclinical and Forensic Medicine, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao 26:31-5. 2006..To construct the prokaryotic and eukaryotic expression vectors pET32/E5 and pcDNA3.1/E5 for transformation into E. coli BL21 and NIH(3)T(3) cells respectively to observe the expression of human papillomavirus type 16 E5 protein (HPV16 E5)...
- EDA signaling and skin appendage developmentChang Yi Cui
Laboratory of Genetics, National Institute on Aging, National Institutes of Health, Baltimore, Maryland 21224, USA
Cell Cycle 5:2477-83. 2006..EDA signaling is mediated by ectodysplasin, EDAR and EDARADD, which form a new TNF ligand-receptor-adaptor family that is restricted to skin appendages in vertebrates from ..
- Solution structure of the envelope protein domain III of dengue-4 virusDavid E Volk
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX 77555 1157, USA
Virology 364:147-54. 2007..Using NMR spectroscopic methods, we solved the solution structure of domain III (ED3), the receptor-binding domain, of the envelope protein of DEN4 virus, human strain 703-4...
- Bacterial growth yields on EDTA, NTA, and their biodegradation intermediatesZhiwen Yuan
Department of Civil, Environmental, and Architectural Engineering, University of Colorado at Boulder, Engineering Center ECOT 441, UCB 428, Boulder, CO 80309, USA
Biodegradation 19:41-52. 2008..0 g of cell dry weight (CDW) (mole of EDTA)(-1), 68.6 g of CDW (mole of ED3 A)(-1), 51.2 g of CDW (mole of N,N'-EDDA)(-1), 34.5 g of CDW (mole of ED)(-1), 26.3 g of CDW (mole of IDA)(-1), 12...
- Hypocellularity and absence of compaction as criteria for embryonic deathDonald W Landry
Division of Experimental Therapeutics, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Regen Med 1:367-71. 2006..For developed humans, life is considered to end when the criteria for brain death are met, but corresponding criteria are lacking for human embryos, and thus, we undertook a natural history study of embryonic death...
- A novel 4-bp insertion mutation in EDA1 gene in a Pakistani family with X-linked hypohidrotic ectodermal dysplasiaMuhammad Tariq
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Biological Sciences, Quaid i Azam University, Islamabad, Pakistan
Eur J Dermatol 17:209-12. 2007..Mutations in the EDA 1 gene cause X-linked HED and mutations in either EDAR or EDARADD genes cause autosomal forms of HED...
- Establishment of immortalized rat Kupffer cell linesYanhua Peng
James A Haley Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Department of Surgery, University of South Florida Health Sciences Center, C O Tampa General Hospital, Tampa, FL 33601, USA
Cytokine 37:185-91. 2007..Primary cultures of Kupffer cells have a very limited life span, tend to de-differentiate and become senescent, and therefore are not suitable for cell signaling studies...
- Mapping to completeness and transplantation of a group-specific, discontinuous, neutralizing epitope in the envelope protein of dengue virusOlesia Lisova
Unit of Molecular Prevention and Therapy of Human Diseases CNRS URA3012, Institut Pasteur, 28 rue Docteur Roux, F 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
J Gen Virol 88:2387-97. 2007..of antibody mAb4E11, which neutralizes the four serotypes of DENV but no other flavivirus, and binds domain 3 (ED3) of their envelope glycoprotein, was characterized...
- Characterization of an antigenic site that contains a dominant, type-specific neutralization determinant on the envelope protein domain III (ED3) of dengue 2 virusGregory D Gromowski
Department of Pathology, Sealy Center for Vaccine Development, Center for Biodefense and Emerging Infectious Diseases, and Institute for Human Infections and Immunity, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX 77555 0609, USA
Virology 366:349-60. 2007..The E protein ectodomain can be divided into three structural domains designated ED1, ED2, and ED3, of which ED3 contains the critical and dominant virus-specific neutralization sites...
- Long range communication in the envelope protein domain III and its effect on the resistance of West Nile virus to antibody-mediated neutralizationRodrigo A Maillard
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX 77555 1055, USA
J Biol Chem 283:613-22. 2008The envelope protein domain III (ED3) of West Nile virus is the major virus-specific neutralization domain and harbors most of the critical mutations that induce resistance against antibody-mediated neutralization...
- Is the hair follicle necessary for normal wound healing?Mayumi Ito
Department of Dermatology, Kligman Laboratories, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Invest Dermatol 128:1059-61. 2008..To address this question, Langton et al. (this issue, 2008) take advantage of the Edaradd mutant mouse, which lacks hair follicles on its tail...
- The surface-exposed carboxyl region of Mycoplasma pneumoniae elongation factor Tu interacts with fibronectinSowmya Balasubramanian
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, 7703 Floyd Curl Drive, San Antonio, TX 78229 3900, USA
Infect Immun 76:3116-23. 2008..Further analysis of carboxyl constructs (ED3 and ED4) and their deletion truncations (ED3.1, ED3.2, and ED4...
- Antiviral Agents directed at West Nile VirusSTEVEN WHITTEN; Fiscal Year: 2004..Binding and structural studies will be carried out against the West Nile envelope protein Domain III (WN-ED3)...
- BIOENERGETICS OF EXERCISE-INDUCED MENSTRUAL DISTURBANCESNancy Williams; Fiscal Year: 2003..The results will also expand our understanding of the mechanism of the modulation of reproductive function by energy availability. ..
- Relation of diet quality with mortalityASHIMA KANT; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Dietary pattern indexes: relation with CVD risk factorsASHIMA KANT; Fiscal Year: 2003..We will use dietary, anthropometric, biochemical, and health data from the third National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, 1988-1994 (>15,000), to address these issues. ..
- Trends in socioeconomic position and diet relationshipASHIMA KANT; Fiscal Year: 2005..The proposed study will thus contribute to progress towards the stated goals of Healthy People 2010 and the National Cancer Institute. ..
- Trends in food consumption patterns of AmericansASHIMA KANT; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Satellite Cells and Skeletal Muscle Growth DynamicsZipora Yablonka Reuveni; Fiscal Year: 2008..The proposed investigation will contribute to a better understanding of satellite cell dynamics and muscle growth, and can prove important for muscle rehabilitation strategies during disease and aging. ..