Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: E-selectin
Description: selectin E
Alias: CD62E, ELAM, ELAM1, ESEL, LECAM2, E-selectin, CD62 antigen-like family member E, ELAM-1, endothelial adhesion molecule 1, endothelial leukocyte adhesion molecule 1, leukocyte endothelial cell adhesion molecule 2
Publications240 found, 100 shown here
- Rolling on E- or P-selectin induces the extended but not high-affinity conformation of LFA-1 in neutrophilsYoshihiro Kuwano
Division of Inflammation Biology, La Jolla Institute for Allergy and Immunology, CA, USA
Blood 116:617-24. 2010..We conclude that human neutrophil rolling on E- or P-selectin induces the extended alpha(L)beta(2) integrin conformation through signaling triggered by PSGL-1 engagement...
- Intermittent high glucose enhances ICAM-1, VCAM-1, E-selectin and interleukin-6 expression in human umbilical endothelial cells in culture: the role of poly(ADP-ribose) polymeraseL Piconi
Morpurgo Hofman Research Laboratory on Aging, Udine, Italy
J Thromb Haemost 2:1453-9. 2004..Thus, PARP activation appears to be involved in both promoting nitrosative stress and upregulating adhesion molecules and inflammation in endothelial cells exposed to oscillating high glucose conditions...
- Simvastatin protects against amyloid beta and HIV-1 Tat-induced promoter activities of inflammatory genes in brain endothelial cellsIbolya E Andras
Molecular Neuroscience and Vascular Biology Laboratory, Department of Neurosurgery, University of Kentucky Medical Center, 593 Wethington Bldg, 900 S Limestone, Lexington, KY 40536, USA
Mol Pharmacol 73:1424-33. 2008..In addition, simvastatin may provide a beneficial influence by reducing these effects at the BBB level...
- Patterns of single-nucleotide polymorphisms in candidate genes for blood-pressure homeostasisM K Halushka
Department of Genetics and Center for Human Genetics, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine and University Hospitals of Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
Nat Genet 22:239-47. 1999..Overall, the degree of nucleotide polymorphism across these human genes, and orthologous great ape sequences, is highly variable and is correlated with the effects of functional conservation on gene sequences...
- Genetic variations in E-selectin and ICAM-1: relation to atherosclerosisTarek Motawi
Biochemistry Department, Faculty of Pharmacy, Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt
Med Sci Monit 18:CR381-9. 2012..This study aimed to investigate the association of both intercellular adhesion molecule-1 (ICAM-1) and endothelial cell adhesion molecule (E-selectin) polymorphisms using PCR technique and their role in the pathogenesis of atherosclerosis...
- ELAM-1 mediates cell adhesion by recognition of a carbohydrate ligand, sialyl-LexM L Phillips
Cytel Corp, La Jolla, CA 92037
Science 250:1130-2. 1990..Recruitment of neutrophils to sites of inflammation is mediated in part by endothelial leukocyte adhesion molecule-1 (ELAM-1), which is expressed on activated endothelial cells of the blood vessel walls...
- Intercellular adhesion molecule-1 (ICAM-1) polymorphism is associated with diabetic retinopathy in Type 2 diabetes mellitusK Kamiuchi
First Department of Internal Medicine, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Kyoto, Japan
Diabet Med 19:371-6. 2002..We evaluated the relationship between genetic polymorphisms in leucocyte and endothelial cell adhesion molecules and diabetic retinopathy in Type 2 diabetes mellitus...
- Does colorectal cancer clinical advancement affect adhesion molecules (sP-selectin, sE-selectin and ICAM-1) concentration?V Dymicka-Piekarska
Department of Clinical Laboratory Diagnostics, Medical University of Bialystok, Poland
Thromb Res 124:80-3. 2009..These findings suggest that plasma concentration of E-selectin and ICAM-1 may indicate tumor progression and liver metastasis...
- Association of variation at the ABO locus with circulating levels of soluble intercellular adhesion molecule-1, soluble P-selectin, and soluble E-selectin: a meta-analysisStefan Kiechl
Innsbruck Medical University, Innsbruck, Austria
Circ Cardiovasc Genet 4:681-6. 2011..To evaluate these associations and the effect sizes, we performed a meta-analysis with new and previous reported data for polymorphism rs579459...
- Blood serum levels of vascular cell adhesion molecule (sVCAM-1), intercellular adhesion molecule (sICAM-1) and endothelial leucocyte adhesion molecule-1 (ELAM-1) in diabetic retinopathyMariusz Nowak
Pathophysiology Division, Department of Pathophysiology and Endocrinology, Medical University of Silesia, 41 800 Zabrze pl, Traugutta 2, Poland
Clin Exp Med 8:159-64. 2008..of soluble forms of vascular cell adhesion molecule (VCAM-1), intercellular adhesion molecule (ICAM-1) and endothelial leukocyte adhesion molecule-1 (ELAM-1) in patients with type 1 diabetes mellitus without and with diabetic retinopathy.
- Cutting edge: TNF-induced microRNAs regulate TNF-induced expression of E-selectin and intercellular adhesion molecule-1 on human endothelial cells: feedback control of inflammationYajaira Suarez
Department of Immunobiology and Interdepartmental Program in Vascular Biology and Therapeutics, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520 8089, USA
J Immunol 184:21-5. 2010..Conversely, transfections with mimics of these miRNAs decreased neutrophil adhesion to endothelial cells. These data suggest that miRNAs provide negative feedback control of inflammation...
- Association of the A561C E-selectin polymorphism with systemic lupus erythematosus in 2 independent populationsM El-Magadmi
ARC Epidemiology Research Unit, School of Epidemiology and Health Sciences, The University of Manchester, United Kingdom
J Rheumatol 28:2650-2. 2001..The best characterized polymorphism in E-selectin molecule is A561C, which codes for Ser128Arg. We studied the prevalence of the A561C E-selectin gene polymorphism in patients with SLE and controls from 3 different ethnic populations...
- Genomic organization of the selectin family of leukocyte adhesion molecules on human and mouse chromosome 1M L Watson
Department of Medicine, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina 27710
J Exp Med 172:263-72. 1990..group of genes, lymph node homing receptor (LHR), granule membrane protein 140 (GMP-140), and endothelial leukocyte adhesion molecule 1 (ELAM-1) are shown to constitute a gene cluster on mouse and human chromosome 1...
- DNA polymorphisms in adhesion molecule genes--a new risk factor for early atherosclerosisK Wenzel
Department of Internal Medicine I, Charite, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany
Hum Genet 97:15-20. 1996..Results suggest that these polymorphisms are associated with a higher risk for early severe atherosclerosis...
- Affinity, kinetics, and thermodynamics of E-selectin binding to E-selectin ligand-1M K Wild
Institute of Cell Biology, Zentrum fur Molekularbiologie der Entzundung, University of Muenster, 48149 Muenster, Germany
J Biol Chem 276:31602-12. 2001....
- Expression of ICAM-1, VCAM-1, E-selectin and TNF-alpha on the endothelium of femoral and iliac arteries in thromboangiitis obliteransKrasimira Halacheva
Department of Molecular Biology, Immunology and Medical Genetics, Medical Faculty, Thracian University, Stara Zagora, Bulgaria
Acta Histochem 104:177-84. 2002..The preferential expression of inducible adhesion molecules in microvessels and mononuclear inflammatory cells suggests that angiogenesis contributes to the persistence of the inflammatory process in TAO...
- The carbon monoxide releasing molecule (CORM-3) inhibits expression of vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 and E-selectin independently of haem oxygenase-1 expressionH Song
Vth Medical Department, University Hospital Mannheim, Mannheim, Germany
Br J Pharmacol 157:769-80. 2009....
- Fetal endothelium dysfunction is associated with circulating maternal levels of sE-selectin, sVCAM1, and sFlt-1 during pre-eclampsiaCarlos J Veas
Department of Clinical Biochemistry and Immunology, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Concepcion, P O Box 237, Concepcion, Chile
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 24:1371-7. 2011..To evaluate the association between endothelial activation markers in the maternal circulation with nitric oxide (NO) synthesis in human umbilical endothelial cells...
- HCELL is the major E- and L-selectin ligand expressed on LS174T colon carcinoma cellsMonica M Burdick
Department of Dermatology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 281:13899-905. 2006....
- Human immunodeficiency virus-1-tat protein induces the cell surface expression of endothelial leukocyte adhesion molecule-1, vascular cell adhesion molecule-1, and intercellular adhesion molecule-1 in human endothelial cellsS Dhawan
Division of Transfusion Transmitted Diseases, Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, Food and Drug Administration, Bethesda, MD, USA
Blood 90:1535-44. 1997..Our results thus indicate that the HIV-tat protein can activate human vascular EC to induce the expression of various adhesion molecules that may play a role in the extravasation of HIV-infected cells...
- Soluble intercellular adhesion molecule-1 and E-selectin in patients with asthma exacerbationMahdi Bijanzadeh
Human Genetics Laboratory, Department of Studies in Zoology, University of Mysore, Manasagangothri, Mysore, 570 006, Karnataka, India
Lung 187:315-20. 2009..Although mean serum levels of sICAM-1 are higher in asthmatics than normal controls, it may be necessary to establish individual baseline values for serial estimation to evaluate their clinical relevance...
- The human immunodeficiency virus-1 Tat protein activates human umbilical vein endothelial cell E-selectin expression via an NF-kappa B-dependent mechanismAdela Cota-Gomez
Webb Waring Institute for Cancer, Aging and Antioxidant Research, The Department of Microbiology, School of Pharmacy, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado 80262, USA
J Biol Chem 277:14390-9. 2002..A super-repressor adenovirus (AdIkappaBalphaSR) that constitutively sequesters IkappaB in the cytoplasm as well as cycloheximide or actinomycin D inhibited Tat- or TNF-mediated kappaB translocation and E-selectin up-regulation...
- Plasmodium falciparum malaria in south-west Nigerian children: is the polymorphism of ICAM-1 and E-selectin genes contributing to the clinical severity of malaria?O K Amodu
College of Medicine, Institute of Child Health, University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Nigeria
Acta Trop 95:248-55. 2005..Further studies of host loci are needed to further delineate which polymorphisms are associated with severe malaria and increase our knowledge of the biology of host-parasite interactions...
- Endothelial leukocyte adhesion molecule 1: direct expression cloning and functional interactionsC Hession
Biogen, Inc, Cambridge, MA 02142
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 87:1673-7. 1990A cDNA for endothelial leukocyte adhesion molecule 1 (ELAM-1) was isolated by transient expression in COS-7 cells of a subtracted cDNA library from cytokine-treated human umbilical vein endothelial cells (HUVECs), with selection of ELAM-..
- A PstI polymorphism detects the mutation of serine128 to arginine in CD 62E gene - a risk factor for coronary artery diseaseS Q Ye
Lipid Research Atherosclerosis Division, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
J Biomed Sci 6:18-21. 1999..This new method should facilitate the screening of this mutant allele in large populations and contribute to the understanding of the molecular mechanism underlying the association of this mutation with CAD...
- Human mast cell progenitors use alpha4-integrin, VCAM-1, and PSGL-1 E-selectin for adhesive interactions with human vascular endothelium under flow conditionsJoshua A Boyce
Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Blood 99:2890-6. 2002..These observations may explain the abundance of MCs at sites of mucosal inflammation, where VCAM-1 and E-selectin are important inducible receptors...
- Body weight and glucose metabolism have a different effect on circulating levels of ICAM-1, E-selectin, and endothelin-1 in humansAntonio E Pontiroli
Cattedra di Medicina Interna, Universita degli Studi, 2nd Divisione di Medicina Interna, Ospedale San Paolo, Italy
Eur J Endocrinol 150:195-200. 2004..In this paper we compared the role of weight loss and of glycaemic control in determining circulating levels of ICAM-1, endothelin-1 (ET-1), and E-selectin in patients with morbid (grade 3) obesity...
- Effect of high glucose concentrations on expression of ELAM-1, VCAM-1 and ICAM-1 in HUVEC with and without cytokine activationT S Altannavch
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Third Faculty of Medicine, Charles University, Czech Republic
Physiol Res 53:77-82. 2004..molecule-1 (ICAM-1), vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 (VCAM-1) and endothelial-leukocyte adhesion molecule-1 (ELAM-1). This effect was detectable after 24 h incubation of HUVEC with a high glucose concentration...
- Shear-dependent capping of L-selectin and P-selectin glycoprotein ligand 1 by E-selectin signals activation of high-avidity beta2-integrin on neutrophilsChad E Green
Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of California Davis, One Shields Avenue, Davis, CA 95616, USA
J Immunol 172:7780-90. 2004..Taken together, the data suggest that E-selectin is unique among selectins in its capacity for clustering sialylated ligands and transducing signals leading to neutrophil arrest in shear flow...
- Flow-conditioned HUVECs support clustered leukocyte adhesion by coexpressing ICAM-1 and E-selectinMichael P Burns
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, 110 8th St, Troy, NY 12180, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 288:H194-204. 2005....
- FBI-1 enhances transcription of the nuclear factor-kappaB (NF-kappaB)-responsive E-selectin gene by nuclear localization of the p65 subunit of NF-kappaBDong Kee Lee
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology and the Institute of Genetic Sciences, BK21 Project for Medical Sciences, Yonsei University School of Medicine, 134 Shinchon dong, Seodaemoon ku, Seoul 120 752, Korea
J Biol Chem 280:27783-91. 2005..FBI-1 also interacted with IkappaB alpha and IkappaB beta...
- Association between ICAM-1 Gly-Arg polymorphism and renal parenchymal scarring following childhood urinary tract infectionR A Gbadegesin
Department of Nephrology, Royal Manchester Children s Hospital, Pendlebury, Manchester, M27 4HA, UK
Int J Immunogenet 33:49-53. 2006..These data suggest that the A allele of the ICAM-1 exon 4 polymorphism may protect against the risk of RPS following UTI and may participate in the regulation of the inflammatory response following UTI...
- Soluble VCAM-1 and E-selectin in breast cancer: relationship with staging and with the detection of circulating cancer cellsH C Silva
Department of Genetics, Coimbra University Medical School, 3004 504 Coimbra, Portugal
Neoplasma 53:538-43. 2006..The combined analysis of these parameters may contribute to a more accurate evaluation of cancer dissemination...
- Endothelial leukocyte adhesion molecule 1: an inducible receptor for neutrophils related to complement regulatory proteins and lectinsM P Bevilacqua
Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115
Science 243:1160-5. 1989..Endothelial leukocyte adhesion molecule-1 (ELAM-1), a cell surface glycoprotein expressed by cytokine-activated endothelium, mediates the adhesion of blood ..
- E-selectin polymorphism and atherosclerosis: an association studyK Wenzel
Department of Internal Medicine I, Charite, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany
Hum Mol Genet 3:1935-7. 1994..088) as well as in 40 patients aged 40 years or less (allele frequency of arginine 0.21, P = 0.0025). These data suggest that the 128-serine/arginine polymorphism is associated with a higher risk for early severe atherosclerosis...
- CD44 is a major E-selectin ligand on human hematopoietic progenitor cellsC J Dimitroff
Department of Dermatology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Cell Biol 153:1277-86. 2001..These findings offer new insights into the structural biology and physiology of CD44, and into the molecular basis of E-selectin-dependent adhesive interactions that direct homing of human HPC to BM...
- Gender- and age-dependent relationships between the E-selectin S128R polymorphism and coronary artery calcificationD L Ellsworth
Division of Epidemiology and Clinical Applications, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, 6701 Rockledge Drive MSC 7934, Bethesda, MD 20892 7934, USA
J Mol Med (Berl) 79:390-8. 2001....
- Association between single-nucleotide polymorphisms in selectin genes and immunoglobulin A nephropathyTakashi Takei
Human Genome Center, The Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, Tokyo Women s Medical University, Tokyo, Japan
Am J Hum Genet 70:781-6. 2002..67, P=.000016, odds ratio = 1.88 [95% CI 1.41--2.51]). Our results suggest that these eight SNPs in selectin genes may be useful for screening populations susceptible to the IgAN phenotype that involves interstitial infiltration...
- E-selectin polymorphism associated with myocardial infarction causes enhanced leukocyte-endothelial interactions under flow conditionsMasayuki Yoshida
Department of Vascular Medicine and Medical Biochemistry, Graduate School of Medicine, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, 1 5 45, Yushima Bldg D 256, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8519, Japan
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 23:783-8. 2003..We investigated the Ser128Arg polymorphism in the E-selectin gene in Japanese patients with myocardial infarction and its functional significance...
- Lipid raft localization of cell surface E-selectin is required for ligation-induced activation of phospholipase C gammaJeanne Marie Kiely
Department of Pathology, Center for Excellence in Vascular Biology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Immunol 171:3216-24. 2003....
- E-selectin, thymus- and activation-regulated chemokine/CCL17, and intercellular adhesion molecule-1 are constitutively coexpressed in dermal microvessels: a foundation for a cutaneous immunosurveillance systemBenjamin F Chong
Department of Dermatology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Immunol 172:1575-81. 2004..Coexpression of these molecules on blood vessels in noninflamed skin provides the basis for a model of cutaneous immunosurveillance system active in the absence of pathologic inflammation...
- The E-selectin S128R polymorphism is not a risk factor for coronary artery disease in patients with diabetes mellitus type 2Georg Endler
Department of Medical and Chemical Laboratory Diagnostics, Medical School, University of Vienna, Waehringer Gurtel 18 20, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Thromb Res 112:47-50. 2003..The impact of the S128R polymorphism on the development of diabetic coronary artery disease has not been investigated yet...
- The Leu554Phe polymorphism in the E-selectin gene is associated with blood pressure in overweight peopleJean Brice Marteau
Unité INSERM U525 Equipe 4 Centre de Médecine Préventive, Nancy, France
J Hypertens 22:305-11. 2004..Associations between circulating concentrations of E-selectin, blood pressure and obesity, and between the Leu554Phe (L/F554) polymorphism and blood pressure have been documented...
- Ser128Arg gene polymorphism for E-selectin and severity of atherosclerotic arterial diseaseG Ghilardi
General Surgery Unit, Department of Medicine, Surgery and Dentistry, University of Milan, S Paolo Hospital, Milan, Italy
J Cardiovasc Surg (Torino) 45:143-7. 2004..The aim of this study was to assess E-selectin Ser128Arg polymorphism in subjects with clinical and instrumental evidence of atherosclerosis and to analyze the correlations with clinical severity...
- Adhesion of HT-29 colon carcinoma cells to endothelial cells requires sequential events involving E-selectin and integrin beta4Julie Laferriere
Le Centre de Recherche en Cancérologie de l Université Laval, L Hôtel Dieu de Québec, 9 rue McMahon, Quebec, Canada G1R2J6
Clin Exp Metastasis 21:257-64. 2004..Overall, our results indicate that the interaction of metastatic cancer cells with endothelial cells implies a specific sequence of signaling events that ultimately leads to an increase in their efficient transendothelial migration...
- The E-selectin gene polymorphism and carotid atherosclerosis in end-stage renal diseaseAlessandra Testa
CNR IBIM, National Research Council Institute of Biomedicine, Clinical Epidemiology and Physiopathology of Renal Diseases and Hypertension, Reggio Calabria, Italy
Nephrol Dial Transplant 21:1921-6. 2006..The frequency of this polymorphism was also measured in a population sample of the same geographical area...
- E-selectin S128R polymorphism and severe coronary artery disease in ArabsKhaled K Abu-Amero
Genetics Department, King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Centre MBC 03, P, O, Box 3354, Riyadh 11211, Saudi Arabia
BMC Med Genet 7:52. 2006..The E-selectin p. S128R (g. A561C) polymorphism has been associated with the presence of angiographic coronary artery disease (CAD) in some populations, but no data is currently available on its association with CAD in Arabs...
- Inflammatory gene polymorphisms and risk of postoperative myocardial infarction after cardiac surgeryM V Podgoreanu
Department of Anesthesiology, Box 3094, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Circulation 114:I275-81. 2006..We tested the hypothesis that candidate gene polymorphisms in inflammatory pathways contribute to risk of PMI after cardiac surgery...
- Homozygosity in the single nucleotide polymorphism Ser128Arg in the E-selectin gene associated with recurrent venous thromboembolismBernd Jilma
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, and Clinical Institute for Medical and Chemical Laboratory Diagnostics, Medical University of Vienna, Wahringer Gurtel 18 20, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Arch Intern Med 166:1655-9. 2006..As this SNP enhances tissue factor-triggered coagulation in humans during systemic inflammation, we hypothesized that it may also predispose for the development of recurrent venous thromboembolism (VTE)...
- sE-Selectin expression and A561C polymorphism in relation to rheumatoid arthritis clinical activityRosa Elena Navarro-Hernández
Doctorado en Ciencias Biomédicas, Orientación en Inmunología Laboratorio de Inmunología, Instituto de Investigación en Reumatología y del Sistema Músculo Esquelético, Centro Universitario de Ciencias de la Salud, Jalisco, Mexico
J Rheumatol 33:1968-72. 2006..To investigate the relationship of A561C polymorphism and sE-selectin levels with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) clinical activity...
- The interactive role of type 2 diabetes mellitus and E-selectin S128R mutation on susceptibility to coronary heart diseaseKhaled K Abu-Amero
Genetics Department, King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Centre, Riyadh 11211, Saudi Arabia
BMC Med Genet 8:35. 2007..Such interactions may involve gene mutations and disease conditions such as type 2 diabetes mellitus (DM2) predisposing individuals to acquiring the disease...
- Carcinoembryonic antigen and CD44 variant isoforms cooperate to mediate colon carcinoma cell adhesion to E- and L-selectin in shear flowSusan N Thomas
Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, The Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21218, USA
J Biol Chem 283:15647-55. 2008..The novel finding that CEA is an E- and L-selectin ligand may explain the enhanced metastatic potential associated with tumor cell CEA overexpression and the supportive role of selectins in metastasis...
- Mechanisms by which E-selectin regulates diapedesis of colon cancer cells under flow conditionsPierre Luc Tremblay
Laboratoire d Organogénèse Expérimentale, Centre Hospitalier Affilie Universitaire De Quebec, Canada
Cancer Res 68:5167-76. 2008..Our study is the first to clearly establish, under dynamic and shear stress conditions, how E-selectin regulates diapedesis of circulating cancer cells. These results provide new insights in understanding the metastatic process...
- NF-kappaB, but not p38 MAP kinase, is required for TNF-alpha-induced expression of cell adhesion molecules in endothelial cellsSuja Rajan
Department of Biological Sciences, The University of Southern Mississippi, Hattiesburg, Mississippi 39406, USA
J Cell Biochem 105:477-86. 2008..The inhibition of SB at 10 microM on TNF-alpha-induced ICAM-1, VCAM-1 and E-selectin is likely due to the nonspecific effect of SB...
- Synergistic effects between 561A > C and 98G > T polymorphisms of E-selectin gene and hypercholesterolemia in determining the susceptibility to coronary artery diseaseIwona Zak
Department of Biochemistry and Medical Genetics, Medical University of Silesia, Katowice, Poland
Heart Vessels 23:257-63. 2008..The present study points to synergistic interactions between 561A > C or 98G > T polymorphisms of E-selectin gene and hypercholesterolemia that cause a significant increase in the susceptibility to CAD...
- Human squamous cell carcinomas evade the immune response by down-regulation of vascular E-selectin and recruitment of regulatory T cellsRachael A Clark
Harvard Skin Disease Research Center, Department of Dermatology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Exp Med 205:2221-34. 2008..TLR7 agonists neutralized both of these strategies, supporting their use in SCCs and other tumors with similar immune defects...
- Podocalyxin-like protein is an E-/L-selectin ligand on colon carcinoma cells: comparative biochemical properties of selectin ligands in host and tumor cellsSusan N Thomas
Dept of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, The Johns Hopkins Univ, 3400 N Charles St, Baltimore, MD 21218, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 296:C505-13. 2009..The novel finding that PCLP is an E-/L-selectin ligand on carcinoma cells offers a unifying perspective on the apparent enhanced metastatic potential associated with tumor cell PCLP overexpression and the role of selectins in metastasis...
- Polymorphisms and plasma soluble levels of E-selectin in patients with chronic hepatitis B virus infectionShimin Wu
Center for Gene Diagnosis, Zhongnan Hospital, Wuhan University, Wuhan, People s Republic of China
Clin Chem Lab Med 47:159-64. 2009....
- Polymorphism in ICAM-1, PECAM-1, E-selectin, and L-selectin genes in Tunisian patients with inflammatory bowel diseaseDorra Khazen
Laboratory of Immunology, EPS Charles Nicolle, Tunis, Tunisia
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 21:167-75. 2009..These polymorphisms were detected by polymerase chain reaction sequence-specific primers and restriction enzyme analysis...
- E-selectin gene S128R polymorphism is associated with poor prognosis in patients with stage II or III colorectal cancerMohamed Hebbar
Department of Medical Oncology, University Hospital, Lille, France
Eur J Cancer 45:1871-6. 2009..This polymorphism detection may permit better selection of patients suitable for adjuvant therapy, especially among those with stage II disease...
- E-selectin genetic variation as a susceptibility factor for ischemic strokeMehran Haidari
University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston and Atherosclerosis Research Laboratory, Texas Heart Institute, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Cerebrovasc Dis 28:26-32. 2009..89, 95% CI: 2.84-12.21, p = 0.0001). Our study demonstrates that the E-selectin S128R and L554F polymorphisms are associated with susceptibility to ischemic stroke...
- Genome-wide association identifies the ABO blood group as a major locus associated with serum levels of soluble E-selectinAndrew D Paterson
Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 29:1958-67. 2009..Although E-selectin levels are heritable, little is known about the specific genetic factors involved. E-selectin levels have been associated with the ABO blood group phenotype...
- Genetic predisposition of E-selectin gene (S128R) polymorphism in patients with coronary artery disease (CAD)Rajneesh Tripathi
Department of Medical Genetics, Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow, India
Indian J Med Res 130:423-7. 2009..The present study was undertaken to document the status of S128R polymorphism of E-selectin gene in angiographically proven coronary artery disease (CAD) patients from Uttar Pradesh...
- Role of ICAM-1 and E-selectin gene polymorphisms in pathogenesis of PAOD in Egyptian patientsOlfat Shaker
Department of Medical Biochemistry, Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt
Vasc Health Risk Manag 6:9-15. 2010..Intercellular adhesion molecule-1 (ICAM-1) and E-selectin have been shown to predict cardiovascular disease (CVD) such as myocardial infarction, stroke, and peripheral arterial occlusive disease (PAOD)...
- E-selectin gene polymorphisms are associated with essential hypertension: a case-control pilot study in a Chinese populationZuoguang Wang
Department of Hypertension, Beijing Anzhen Hospital, Attached to Capital University of Medical Sciences, Beijing Institute of Heart, Lung, Blood Vessel Diseases, Beijing, 100029, China
BMC Med Genet 11:127. 2010..This study thus sought to investigate possible genetic associations between the T1880C, C602A and T1559C polymorphisms of E-selectin and essential hypertension...
- Adhesion of small cell lung cancer cells to E- and P-selectin under physiological flow conditions: implications for metastasis formationUlrich Richter
Institute for Anatomy II Experimental Morphology, University Cancer Center, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Martinistrasse 52, 20246, Hamburg, Germany
Histochem Cell Biol 135:499-512. 2011....
- Association of ATP1B1, RGS5 and SELE polymorphisms with hypertension and blood pressure in African-AmericansMezbah U Faruque
National Human Genome Center, Howard University College of Medicine, Washington, District of Columbia, USA
J Hypertens 29:1906-12. 2011..We examined polymorphisms in three of these genes (ATP1B1, RGS5 and SELE) in relation to hypertension and blood pressure in a cohort of African-Americans...
- Leukocyte ligands for endothelial selectins: specialized glycoconjugates that mediate rolling and signaling under flowAlexander Zarbock
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, University of Münster and Max Planck Institute, Germany
Blood 118:6743-51. 2011..Although the physiologic characterization of these ligands has been obtained in mice, we also note reported similarities and differences with human selectin ligands...
- Selectin ligand sialyl-Lewis x antigen drives metastasis of hormone-dependent breast cancersSylvain Julien
Breast Cancer Biology, King s College London, Guy s Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Cancer Res 71:7683-93. 2011....
- A common missense single nucleotide polymorphism in the E-selectin gene is significantly associated with essential hypertension in the Han population but only weakly associated in the Uygur populationZhong Wang
The Department of Cardiology, The First Affiliated Hospital, Shihezi Medical College, Shihezi University, Xingjiang, PR China
Hypertens Res 35:413-7. 2012..The CC genotype of rs5361 might be an independent risk factor for EH among Uygur, Kazakh and Han individuals in the Xinjiang area...
- Mucin 16 is a functional selectin ligand on pancreatic cancer cellsShih Hsun Chen
Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, Johns Hopkins University, 3400 N Charles St, Baltimore, MD 21218, USA
FASEB J 26:1349-59. 2012..These findings provide a novel integrated perspective on the enhanced metastatic potential associated with MUC16 overexpression and the role of selectins in metastasis...
- E-selectin ligands as mechanosensitive receptors on neutrophils in health and diseaseS D Chase
University of California Davis, Davis, CA, USA
Ann Biomed Eng 40:849-59. 2012....
- [PECAM-1 and E-selectin expression in vulnerable plague and their relationships to myocardial Leu125Val polymorphism of PECAM-1 and Ser128Arg polymorphism of E-selectin in patients with acute coronary syndrome]Fang Fang
Department of Pathology, Beijing Hospital, Beijing 100730, China
Zhonghua Xin Xue Guan Bing Za Zhi 39:1110-6. 2011....
- Selectin-deficiency reduces the number of spontaneous metastases in a xenograft model of human breast cancerKatrin Stübke
University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Center for Experimental Medicine, Department of Anatomy and Experimental Morphology, Hamburg, Germany
Cancer Lett 321:89-99. 2012..However, spontaneous metastasis was not completely abrogated, hence additional cell adhesion molecules must be involved in the metastatic spread...
- Association of E-selectin gene polymorphisms with ischemic stroke in a Chinese Han populationDong Xue Zhao
Department of Neurology, Sheng Jing Hospital of China Medical University, Shenyang, China
J Neurosci Res 90:1782-7. 2012..80, 95% CI: 1.58-4.94, P < 0.001, respectively). Our current study demonstrates that the E-selectin SNP A561C is associated with increased risk for the development of ischemic stroke in this subset of the Han Chinese population...
- The impact of the stromal cell-derived factor-1-3'A and E-selectin S128R polymorphisms on breast cancerPanagiota Kontogianni
First Propaedeutic Surgical Department, Hippocration University Hospital, 7 Semitelou Street, 11528 Athens, Greece
Mol Biol Rep 40:43-50. 2013..Overall, our findings support that the SDF-1-3'A confers increased susceptibility to breast cancer and that the E-selectin S128R CC genotype may be related to poorer prognosis. Investigation in bigger cohorts of patients is warranted...
- Association of SELE genotypes/haplotypes with sE-selectin levels in Taiwanese individuals: interactive effect of MMP9 levelSemon Wu
Department of Life Science, Chinese Culture University, Taipei, Taiwan
BMC Med Genet 13:115. 2012..E-selectin is implicated in various inflammatory processes and related disorders. We aimed to investigate the role of SELE-gene genotypes/haplotypes on plasma levels of MMP9 and sE-selectin in Taiwanese individuals...
- Association of A561C and G98T polymorphisms in E-selectin gene with coronary artery disease: a meta-analysisXiaoyan Wang
The Sixth Affiliated Hospital and Guangdong Institute of Gastroenterology, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, China Institute of Human Virology, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, China Key Laboratory of Tropical Disease Control Ministry of Education, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, China
PLoS ONE 8:e79301. 2013..In the present study, we performed a meta-analysis to systematically evaluate the associations between the two polymorphisms and the risk of CAD...
- Post-translational modifications of recombinant P-selectin glycoprotein ligand-1 required for binding to P- and E-selectinF Li
W K Warren Medical Research Institute, Department of Medicine, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, 73140, USA
J Biol Chem 271:3255-64. 1996..These results demonstrate that PSGL-1 requires core 2 O-linked glycans that are sialylated and fucosylated to bind P- and E-selectin. PSGL-1 also requires tyrosine sulfate to bind P-selectin but not E-selectin...
- Relationship between E-selectin L/F554 polymorphism and blood pressure in the Stanislas cohortC Sass
Unité INSERM U 525, Centre de Medecine Preventive, Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
Hum Genet 107:58-61. 2000..If confirmed in other studies, these findings would suggest that assessment of common variation in an adhesion molecule could be useful in predicting blood pressure...
- An HphI polymorphism in the E-selectin gene is associated with premature coronary artery diseaseF Zheng
Lipid Research Atherosclerosis Division, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Clin Genet 59:58-64. 2001..cigarette smoking and the S128R mutation) by multiple logistic analysis, the G98T mutation in the E-selectin gene was still a significant predictor of premature CAD [p = 0.022, odds ratio (95%, CI)= 3.58 (1.20-10.67)]...
- The E-selectin SER128ARG gene polymorphism and restenosis after successful coronary angioplastyMathias Rauchhaus
Klinik und Poliklinik für Innere Medizin III, Martin Luther Universitat Halle Wittenberg, Ernst Grube Strasse 40, D 06097 Halle Saale, Germany
Int J Cardiol 83:249-57. 2002..Coronary angioplasty remains plagued by the problem of restenosis. Genetic polymorphisms may contribute to the development of restenosis by mediating exaggerated inflammatory responses of the endothelium to angioplasty-induced injury...
- Enhanced recruitment of Th2 and CLA-negative lymphocytes by the S128R polymorphism of E-selectinRavi M Rao
BHF Cardiovascular Medicine Unit, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College, Hammersmith Hospital, Du Cane Road, London, U K W12 0NN
J Immunol 169:5860-5. 2002..Our results demonstrate that the S128R polymorphism extends the range of lymphocytes recruited by E-selectin, which may provide a mechanistic link between this polymorphism and vascular inflammatory disease...
- Genetic influences on blood pressure within the Stanislas CohortCatherine Sass
Unité INSERM U 525, Centre de Medecine Preventive, Vandoeuvre Lès Nancy and Université Henri Poincaré, Nancy, France
J Hypertens 22:297-304. 2004..To investigate the association of 21 polymorphisms within 13 genes, APOE, APOB, APOC3, CETP, LPL, PON1, MTHFR, FGB, F5, GPIIIa, SELE, ACE and AGT, with inter-individual blood pressure (BP) variation...
- Proinflammatory genetic profiles in subjects with history of ischemic strokeAndrea Flex
Laboratory of Vascular Biology and Genetics, Gemelli University Hospital, Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, School of Medicine, Rome, Italy
Stroke 35:2270-5. 2004..We evaluated the association between history of ischemic stroke and genetic profiles determined by the synergistic effects of polymorphisms in genes encoding prototypical inflammatory proteins...
- E-selectin genotypes and risk of type 2 diabetes in womenJames B Meigs
General Medicine Division, Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Obes Res 13:513-8. 2005..04 to 2.81) relative to those with the SS genotype. Apart from an association in this subgroup, we conclude that the E-selectin variants we examined are not important genetic risk factors for type 2 diabetes in women...
- Circulating soluble E-selectin levels and the Ser 128Arg polymorphism in individuals from different ethnic groupsMichelle A Miller
Department of Community Health Sciences, St George s Hospital Medical School, Cranmer Terrace, London SW17 ORE, UK
Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis 15:65-70. 2005..The aim of this study was to investigate whether the Ser128 Arg polymorphism of the E-selectin gene is associated with soluble E-selectin levels in individuals from a multiethnic population...
- Association between the Ser128Arg variant of the E-selectin and risk of coronary artery disease in the central ChinaYan Li
Department of Clinical Laboratory, Renmin Hospital of Wuhan University, Wuhan 430060, People s Republic of China
Int J Cardiol 103:33-6. 2005..Our purpose was to determine whether this S/R polymorphism influences the risk of CAD in Chinese patients...
- A561C polymorphism of E-selectin is associated with ischemic cerebrovascular disease in the Japanese population without diabetes mellitus and hypercholesterolemiaHidenori Hattori
Department of Neurology, School of Medicine, Keio University, 35 Shinanomachi, Tokyo 160 8582, Japan
Brain Res 1108:221-3. 2006..7% vs. 5.8% (P=0.04). Our results show that E-selectin gene polymorphisms represent an increased risk for ischemic CVD in the Japanese population without diabetes mellitus and hypercholesterolemia...
- Role of S128R polymorphism of E-selectin in colon metastasis formationRiccardo Alessandro
Dipartimento di Biopatologia e Metodologie Biomediche, Sezione di Biologia e Genetica, Universita di Palermo, Palermo, Italy
Int J Cancer 121:528-35. 2007..These findings suggest that the E-selectin S128R polymorphism can functionally affect tumor-endothelial interactions as well as motility and signaling properties of neoplastic cells that may modulate the metastatic phenotype...
- A cholesterol-independent membrane microdomain serves as a functional counter-receptor for E-selectin at the Colo201 cell surface and initiates signalling on E-selectin bindingChikako Suzuki
The Institute of Glycotechnology, Tokai University, Hiratsuka, Kanagawa 259 1292, Japan
J Biochem 142:55-64. 2007....
- Ser128Arg E-selectin and Thr715Pro P-selectin polymorphisms and severe preeclampsiaLászló Derzbach
1st Department of Pediatrics, Semmelweis University, Budapest, Hungary
J Reprod Med 52:815-8. 2007..To investigate the association of functional E and P selectin polymorphisms with severe preeclampsia...
- The common variants of E-selectin gene in Graves' diseaseH Chen
Shanghai Institute of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Ruijin Hospital, Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Medicine, Shanghai, PR China
Genes Immun 9:182-6. 2008..This study therefore could provide us to a certain degree the insight that common SELE variants may be associated with susceptibility to GD in Chinese population, though the limitation of sample size and multiple test problems exists...
- E-/P-selectins and colon carcinoma metastasis: first in vivo evidence for their crucial role in a clinically relevant model of spontaneous metastasis formation in the lungS Kohler
Institute for Anatomy II Experimental Morphology, University Cancer Center Hamburg, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Martinistrasse 52, 20246 Hamburg, Germany
Br J Cancer 102:602-9. 2010..However, experiments validating this observation were limited in value, as 'metastases' in these experiments were artificially induced by i.v. injection rather than developed spontaneously as in true metastases...
- [Role of the polymorphisms within genes encoding proteins related to endothelial dysfunction in coronary artery disease]Beata Sarecka-Hujar
Katedra Farmacji Stosowanej, Zakład Technologii Postaci Leku, Wydział Farmaceutyczny z Oddziałem Medycyny Laboratoryjnej, Slaski Uniwersytet Medyczny w Katowicach
Wiad Lek 64:294-300. 2011..g. methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR), E-selectin (CD62E) and intercellular adhesion molecule-1 (ICAM-1) and common polymorphisms within genes encoding these molecules in ..
- Cutting Edge: Internalization of transduced E-selectin by cultured human endothelial cells: comparison of dermal microvascular and umbilical vein cells and identification of a phosphoserine-type di-leucine motifMartin S Kluger
Interdepartmental Program in Vascular Biology and Transplantation, Department of Dermatology, Yale University School of Medicine, 295 Congress Avenue, New Haven, CT 06536, USA
J Immunol 168:2091-5. 2002..Control of E-selectin surface expression appears to be phosphoserine dependent, since alanine but not aspartic acid substitution for S581 slows E-selectin internalization...
- L-selectin from human, but not from mouse neutrophils binds directly to E-selectinO Zöllner
Institute of Cell Biology, ZMBE, University of Munster, Germany
J Cell Biol 136:707-16. 1997..The clear difference between human and mouse L-selectin suggests that E-selectin-binding carbohydrate moieties are attached to different protein scaffolds in different species...
- Isolated P-selectin glycoprotein ligand-1 dynamic adhesion to P- and E-selectinD J Goetz
Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Cell Biol 137:509-19. 1997..In addition, the results suggest that PSGL-1 has more than one binding site for E-selectin: one site located within the first 19 amino acids of PSGL-1 and one or more sites located between amino acids 19 through 148...
- Down regulation of endothelial adhesion molecules in node positive breast cancer: possible failure of host defence mechanismMaya Madhavan
Division of Cancer Research, Regional Cancer Centre, Trivandrum, 695011, India
Pathol Oncol Res 8:125-8. 2002..On multi-variate analysis, VCAM alone emerged as an independent predictor of nodal metastasis...
- Analysis of Hemicentin-1, hOgg1, and E-selectin single nucleotide polymorphisms in age-related macular degenerationChristine M Bojanowski
National Eye Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Trans Am Ophthalmol Soc 103:37-44; discussion 44-5. 2005..This study investigates the Hemicentin-1 (an extracellular matrix protein) Q5345R, hOgg1 (DNA repair gene) S326C, and E-selectin (an adhesion molecule) S149R SNPs in association with AMD...
- A novel leptospiral protein increases ICAM-1 and E-selectin expression in human umbilical vein endothelial cellsMonica L Vieira
Centro de Biotecnologia, Instituto Butantan, Avenida Vital Brazil, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
FEMS Microbiol Lett 276:172-80. 2007..This is the first report of a leptospiral protein capable of up-regulating the expression of endothelial cell adhesion molecules ICAM-1 and E-selectin...
- CELL ADHESION AND CARBOHYDRATE LIGANDSROGER LAINE; Fiscal Year: 1993..In 1989, cloning and sequencing demonstrated that 3 proteins, E-Selectin (Endothelial/Leukocyte Adhesion Molecule, ELAM-1), L-Selectin, and P-Selectin (GMP140) were a series of new calcium-binding lectins (C-lectins) which played a ..
- Interactions among Depressive Symptoms and Genetic Influences on Cardiac OutcomesLorraine Q Frazier; Fiscal Year: 2011..Occurrence of MACE will be followed for 2 years. Data will be analyzed using logistic regression and survival analysis. ..
- The Role of Selectin-Mediated Recognition in GlaucomaNoorjahan Panjwani; Fiscal Year: 2006..In a recent study, a carbohydrate-binding protein, E-selectin (ELAM-1, CD62E), was identified as a specific molecular marker of glaucoma...
- NEUTROPHILS TRANSENDOTHELIAL MIGRATION: MOLECULAR EVENTSAlan Burns; Fiscal Year: 2004..assays to examine the functional role of leukocyte (CD11a/CD18 and CD11b/CD18) and endothelial (CD31, CD54, CD62E, CD62P) adhesion molecules and chemotactic factors (IL-8, PAF, MIP-2, and KC) in neutrophil migration at ..
- JOSE MARIO WOLOSIN; Fiscal Year: 2015..on finding during this period we now propose, in Specific Aim1 to test the hypothesis that cell cohorts expressing CD62E or excluding mitotrakcker deep red constitute additional component of an heterogeneous stem/precursor limbal and ..
- Biobehavioral Genetics of CVD RiskIndrani Halder; Fiscal Year: 2013..Simultaneous investigation in two different populations is also expected to provide insights into potential causes undedying racial disparities in CVD risk and prevalence. ..
- Biobehavioral Genetics of CVD RiskIndrani Halder; Fiscal Year: 2010..The ROO phase will involve examining all genes for a comprehensive evaluation of the pathways (End of Abstract) ..
- 2009 Annual Wolf Creek Conference on ResuscitationWanchun Tang; Fiscal Year: 2009..provided by applicant): The Wolf Creek Conferences of resuscitation researchers were initiated by Doctors James Elam, James Jude, and Peter Safar in 1975...
- MECHANISMS OF ACTION OF IL 1 IN ISCHEMIC BRAINGuo Yuan Yang; Fiscal Year: 1999..g., IL-2, IL-6, IL-8, TNFalpha), 3) the role of IL-1 in induction of cell adhesion molecules (e.g., ICAM-1 and CD62E) and infiltration of circulating inflammatory cells (i.e...
- VASCULAR-MONOCYTE ADHESION MOLECULE IN ATHEROGENESISEugene Butcher; Fiscal Year: 2002..focusing on the molecular and cell biology of a novel monocyte adhesion-associated endothelial molecule, 151-ELAM. Preliminary studies reveal a major role for 151-ELAM in binding of monocytes or monocytoid cell lines to LPS, IL-1 ..
- NF-KAPPA BS IN VIVO ROLE IN DERMATITIS AND ANGIOGENESISJOHN KLEMENT; Fiscal Year: 1999..Several of the genes involved in angiogenesis and leukocyte evascularization (vegf, vegf receptor, VCAM, ICAM, ELAM) are thought to be regulated by NF-kappaB or contain NF-kappaB binding sites in their promoters...
- Role of redox status in HIV-1 Tat-mediated inflammationSonia Flores; Fiscal Year: 2006..cell NF-KB, which is a potent inducer of proinflammatory molecules such as the leukocyte adhesion molecule ELAM and the cytokines TNF-a, IL-1 and IL-6...
- PROTEINS OF THE ENDOTHELIAL CELL SURFACEJORDAN POBER; Fiscal Year: 2001..TNF or IL-1, inflammatory cytokines, induce the EC synthesis and expression of ELAM-1, VCAM-1 and ICAM-1...
- PHASE II MULTIPLE-DOSE SAFETY & EFFICACY STUDY OF A SELEPatrick Lynch; Fiscal Year: 1999..A parallel project involving approximately 20 subjects will be conducted at another NCI-designated site; NCI will coordinate the efforts and activities of both sites. ..
- Worksite Phone Counseling for Smoking CessationWalton Sumner; Fiscal Year: 2006..Power will range from .66 to .99 depending on recruitment rates (projected to range from 15% to 25%) and the magnitude of difference in outcomes between the two conditions. ..
- LYMPHOTOXIN AND LYMPHOID NEOGENESISNancy H Ruddle; Fiscal Year: 2010..Elucidation of HEV and LV regulation will provide strategies for their inhibition in autoimmunity and allow control of insulitis. ..
- Apoptotic T Cell Clearance From Murine LungsJeffrey L Curtis; Fiscal Year: 2010..This project studies a molecule called MerTK that appears to control clearance. Understanding MerTK could lead to new treatments to prevent complications of many types of lung damage. ..
- SYMPATHETIC NERVOUS SYSTEM REGULATION OF CELL ADHESIONPaul J Mills; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Innate and adaptive immunity in COPD exacerbationsJeffrey Curtis; Fiscal Year: 2009..The goal of this study is to learn how specific parts of the immune system cause these symptoms. This information is a first step to finding more effective treatments to prevent and treat COPD exacerbations. ..
- Neural-Immune Interacations: Pathology and Molecular Mechanisms of RepairNANCY RUDDLE; Fiscal Year: 2008..The ultimate goal is to provide prevention and treatment of diseases that involve interactions between these two systems. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- PECAM-1 and AlveolizationHorace Delisser; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- AUGMENTATION OF ANTIOXIDANT DEFENSES BY IMMUNOTARGETINGVladimir Muzykantov; Fiscal Year: 2007..The overall goal of this proposal is to optimize strategies for vascular AOE targeting, to ultimately initiate translation of this strategy into the clinical domain. ..
- Structure Function Analysis of T Cell E-Selectin LigandsRobert Fuhlbrigge; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- T CELL ADHESION MOLECULES IN MURINE LUPUS PNEUMONITISJeffrey Curtis; Fiscal Year: 2002..Our long-term goal is to develop effective therapies to treat established SLE based on anti-adhesive strategies. ..
- E-SELECTIN LIGANDS ON LYMPHOCYTESMark Jutila; Fiscal Year: 2001..The results of these studies may reveal new approaches to development of specific inhibitors that can selectively target neutrophil versus lymphocyte recruitment to sites of inflammation involving either P-selectin or E-selectin. ..
- LYMPHOTOXIN: REGULATION AND BIOLOGICAL SIGNIFICANCENANCY RUDDLE; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Telomere Length as a Marker of Cardiovascular AgingEllen Demerath; Fiscal Year: 2005..Telomeric DNA length may thus be found to be a valuable plasma biomarker for the prediction and monitoring of cardiovascular health and aging. ..
- Targeting of Drugs to ICAMVladimir Muzykantov; Fiscal Year: 2005..This study will extend and strengthen the ICAM-directed vascular immunotargeting paradigm that may be used for a prophylaxis and therapies of diverse pulmonary and cardiovascular diseases, in particular, ALl. ..
- Nanocarriers for delivery of antioxidants to endotheliumVladimir Muzykantov; Fiscal Year: 2004..Completion of these Aims will be a major step towards the long-term goal of our research, which is translation of this promising new technology platform into the clinical domain. ..
- THROMBOPROPHYLAXIS IN THE SURGICAL SETTINGVladimir Muzykantov; Fiscal Year: 2004..The results of this study may provide new means to achieve thromboprophylaxis in surgical settings such as angioplasty and endarterectomy, as well as be a platform for the development of novel forms of antithrombotic therapy. ..
- TERTIARY LYMPHOID ORGANS IN TYPE I DIABETES MELLITUSNANCY RUDDLE; Fiscal Year: 2003..Understanding how islet tertiary lymphoid organs are established and function will allow identification of therapeutic targets for determinant spreading and tissue damage in IDDM. ..
- REGULATION OF T CELL SKIN SPECIFIC HOMING VIA PSGL1Robert Fuhlbrigge; Fiscal Year: 2003..This application thus represents a comprehensive career development plan and research proposal suitable to advance the career of this young investigator. ..
- UCSD Hillcrest Flow CytometerPaul Mills; Fiscal Year: 2003..It will also be the centerpiece for an environment of shared ideas and collaboration among investigators who now utilize cytometry for their research. ..
- PECAM-1'S INVOLVEMENT IN ANGIOGENESISHorace Delisser; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Genome-wide association of common alleles with long-term diabetic complicationsAndrew Paterson; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Phenotype-Genotype Interactions and Type 2 DiabetesJames Meigs; Fiscal Year: 2005..Results will provide a foundation for future laboratory efforts and will increase understanding of phenotype-genotype interactions in diabetes pathogenesis. ..