Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: DTNB
Description: dystrobrevin beta
Alias: dystrobrevin beta, DTN-B, beta-dystrobrevin
Publications220 found, 100 shown here
- Role of -SH groups in rat sugar intestinal transport in vivoN Diez
Departamento de Fisiología y Nutrición, Universidad de Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
Rev Esp Fisiol 48:127-32. 1992..of p-chloromercuribenzoic acid (pCMB), either alone or in the presence of 5,5'-dithiobis-(2-nitrobenzoic acid) (DTNB), on the 1 mM galactose absorption by in vivo perfused rat intestine has been studied. At 0...
- Cloning and expression of the gene encoding the Thermoanaerobacter ethanolicus 39E secondary-alcohol dehydrogenase and biochemical characterization of the enzymeD S Burdette
Biochemistry Department, Michigan State University, East Lansing 48824, USA
Biochem J 316:115-22. 1996..The enzyme was inactivated by chemical modification with dithionitrobenzoate (DTNB) and diethylpyrocarbonate, indicating that Cys and His residues are involved in catalysis...
- Polyamine and redox modulation of [3H]MK-801 binding to N-methyl-D-aspartate receptors in the spinal cord and cerebral cortexE Sundstrom
Division of Geriatric Medicine, Neurotec, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Pharmacol Toxicol 88:342-8. 2001..2 mM 5,5'-dithio-bis(2-nitrobenzoic acid) (DTNB) in the cerebral cortex while there was only a partial effect in the spinal cord...
- Interleukin-8, nitric oxide and glutathione status in proliferative vitreoretinopathy and proliferative diabetic retinopathyErdogan Cicik
Department of Ophthalmology, Istanbul University, Cerrahpasa Medical Faculty, Istanbul, Turkey
Ophthalmic Res 35:251-5. 2003....
- Potentiation of acid-sensing ion channels by sulfhydryl compoundsJun Hyeong Cho
Dept of Neuroscience, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 292:C2161-74. 2007..This effect was reversed by the oxidizing agent DTNB in hASIC1a, supporting the hypothesis that DTT also impacts ASICs via a redox-sensitive site...
- MLC1 trafficking and membrane expression in astrocytes: role of caveolin-1 and phosphorylationAngela Lanciotti
Department of Cell Biology and Neurosciences, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Viale Regina Elena 299, 00161 Rome, Italy
Neurobiol Dis 37:581-95. 2010..Because pathological mutations prevent MLC1 membrane expression, the identification of substances regulating MLC1 intracellular trafficking is potentially relevant for the therapy of MLC...
- beta-dystrobrevin, a new member of the dystrophin family. Identification, cloning, and protein associationsM F Peters
Department of Physiology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7545, USA
J Biol Chem 272:31561-9. 1997....
- beta-dystrobrevin, a member of the dystrophin-related protein familyD J Blake
Genetics Unit, Department of Biochemistry, University of Oxford, South Parks Road, Oxford, OX1 3QU, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:241-6. 1998..This finding may be relevant to the cognitive dysfunction affecting many patients with Duchenne muscular dystrophy...
- Reinvestigation of the dysbindin subunit of BLOC-1 (biogenesis of lysosome-related organelles complex-1) as a dystrobrevin-binding proteinRamin Nazarian
Department of Human Genetics, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Biochem J 395:587-98. 2006..Taken together, these results suggest that dysbindin assembled into BLOC-1 is not a physiological binding partner of the dystrobrevins, likely due to engagement of its dystrobrevin-binding region in interactions with other subunits...
- Identification and characterization of a novel member of the dystrobrevin gene familyA A Puca
Telethon Institute of Genetics and Medicine TIGEM, Milan, Italy
FEBS Lett 425:7-13. 1998..Immunostaining studies indicate that DTN-B and DTN expression is absent in affected muscle fibers from DMD patients and carriers...
- No selenium required: reactions catalyzed by mammalian thioredoxin reductase that are independent of a selenocysteine residueAdam P Lothrop
Department of Biochemistry, University of Vermont, 89 Beaumont Avenue, Given Building Room B413, Burlington, Vermont 05405, USA
Biochemistry 48:6213-23. 2009..Tat protein, H(2)O(2), lipid hydroperoxides, vitamin K, ubiquinone, juglone, ninhydrin, alloxan, dehydroascorbate, DTNB, lipoic acid/lipoamide, S-nitrosoglutathione, selenodiglutathione, selenite, methylseleninate, and selenocystine...
- Advantages of the WRAIR whole blood cholinesterase assay: comparative analysis to the micro-Ellman, Test-mate ChE, and Michel (DeltapH) assaysJulian R Haigh
Walter Reed Army Institute of Research, Division of Biochemistry, Silver Spring, MD 20910 7500, USA
Chem Biol Interact 175:417-20. 2008..These samples were measured using four different ChE assays: (i) colorimetric microEllman (using DTNB at 412 nm), (ii) Test-mate ChE field kit (also based on the Ellman assay), (iii) Michel (delta pH), and (iv) the ..
- Flavodoxin:quinone reductase (FqrB): a redox partner of pyruvate:ferredoxin oxidoreductase that reversibly couples pyruvate oxidation to NADPH production in Helicobacter pylori and Campylobacter jejuniMartin St Maurice
Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, University of Virginia Health Systems, 409 Lane Road, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
J Bacteriol 189:4764-73. 2007..or benzoquinone and weak activity with cytochrome c, molecular oxygen, and 5,5'-dithio-bis-2-nitrobenzoic acid (DTNB)...
- Assessment of acetylcholinesterase activity in Clarias gariepinus as a biomarker of organophosphate and carbamate exposureRobinson H Mdegela
Department of Veterinary Medicine and Public Health, Sokoine University of Agriculture, Morogoro, Tanzania
Ecotoxicology 19:855-63. 2010..and brain homogenates of unexposed and exposed fish using Ellman's method and 5,5'-dithiobis-2-nitrobenzoic acid (DTNB) chromophore...
- DNA damage, apoptosis and cell cycle changes induced by fluoride in rat oral mucosal cells and hepatocytesLing Fei He
Department of Dental Medicine, Zhongnan Hospital, Wuhan University, Wuhan 430071, Hubei Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 12:1144-8. 2006..To study the effect of fluoride on oxidative stress, DNA damage and apoptosis as well as cell cycle of rat oral mucosal cells and hepatocytes...
- Thiol/disulfide exchange is required for membrane fusion directed by the Newcastle disease virus fusion proteinSurbhi Jain
Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, 55 Lake Avenue North, Worcester, MA 01655, USA
J Virol 81:2328-39. 2007..We found that inhibitors of cell surface thiol/disulfide isomerase activity--5'5-dithio-bis(2-nitrobenzoic acid) (DTNB), bacitracin, and anti-protein disulfide isomerase antibody--inhibited cell-cell fusion and virus entry but had no ..
- Modulation of [3H]dopamine release by glutathione in mouse striatal slicesRéka Janáky
Brain Research Center, University of Tampere Medical School, Tampere, Finland
Neurochem Res 32:1357-64. 2007..5,5'-Dithio-bis-2-nitrobenzoate (DTNB) and L-cystine were also inhibitory, while dithiothreitol (DTT) and L-cysteine enhanced the K(+)-evoked release...
- Purification, some properties of a D-galactose-binding leaf lectin from Erythrina indica and further characterization of seed lectinEmadeldin H E Konozy
Departamento de Biologia Celular, Faculdade de Medicina de Ribeirao Preto, Universidade de Sao Paulo, 14049 900 Ribeirao Preto, Brazil
Biochimie 84:1035-43. 2002..Chemical modification studies of both EiLL and Erythrina indica seed lectin (EiSL) with phenylglyoxal, DEP and DTNB revealed an absence of arginine, histidine and cysteine, respectively, in or near the ligand-binding site of both ..
- Essential cysteines in 3-deoxy-D-manno-octulosonic acid 8-phosphate synthase from Escherichia coli: analysis by chemical modification and site-directed mutagenesisH M Salleh
Interdepartmental Program in Medicinal Chemistry, College of Pharmacy, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109 1065, USA
Biochemistry 35:8942-7. 1996..8-P) and inorganic phosphate (Pi) was inactivated by the thiol-modifying reagents 5,5-dithiobis (2-nitrobenzoate) (DTNB) and methyl methanethiosulfonate (MMTS)...
- Redox modulation of peripheral T-type Ca2+ channels in vivo: alteration of nerve injury-induced thermal hyperalgesiaSlobodan M Todorovic
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Virginia Health System, Mail Box 800710, Charlottesville, VA 22908 0710, USA
Pain 109:328-39. 2004..Here, we studied the effects of locally applied redox agents (L-cysteine and 5,5'-dithio-bis-(2-nitrobenzoic acid) (DTNB) on thermal hyperalgesia in animals with neuropathic pain due to chronic constrictive injury (CCI) of the sciatic ..
- Role of cysteine 337 and cysteine 340 in flavoprotein that functions as NADH oxidase from Amphibacillus xylanus studied by site-directed mutagenesisK Ohnishi
Department of Agricultural Chemistry, Tokyo University of Agriculture, Japan
J Biol Chem 270:5812-7. 1995..The NADH:5,5'-dithiobis(2-nitrobenzoic acid) (DTNB) oxidoreductase activities of all mutant enzymes were less than 3% of the activity of wild-type enzyme...
- H(2)O(2) modulates purinergic-dependent calcium signalling in osteoblast-like cellsPaola D'Andrea
Dipartimento di Biochimica, Biofisica e Chimica delle Macromolecole, Universita degli Studi di Trieste, Trieste, Italy
Cell Calcium 43:457-68. 2008..On the other hand, the membrane-impermeant thiol oxidant DTNB induced calcium oscillations that were inhibited by incubating the cells with suramin or apyrase...
- Chemical modification of specific active site amino acid residues of Enterobacter aerogenes glycerol dehydrogenaseAnjali Pandey
Department of Chemistry, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
J Enzyme Inhib Med Chem 17:49-53. 2002..b>DTNB titration showed the presence of only a single cysteine residue per monomer of G1DH...
- Acetyl-CoA hydrolase activity and function in Ascaris suum muscle mitochondriaZ S de Mata
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Notre Dame, IN 46556, USA
Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol 116:379-83. 1997..However, when incubated in the presence of 5,5'-dithio-bis(2-nitrobenzoic acid) (DTNB), acetyl-CoA or propionyl-CoA are hydrolyzed to form free coenzyme A...
- Role of beta-dystrobrevin in nonmuscle dystrophin-associated protein complex-like complexes in kidney and liverN Y Loh
Department of Human Anatomy and Genetics, University of Oxford, Oxford OX1 3QX, United Kingdom
Mol Cell Biol 21:7442-8. 2001..the role of beta-dystrobrevin in the function of nonmuscle tissues, we generated beta-dystrobrevin-deficient (dtnb(-/-)) mice by gene targeting. dtnb(-/-) mice are healthy, fertile, and normal in appearance...
- Differential cold-adaptation among protein components of the thioredoxin system in the psychrophilic eubacterium Pseudoalteromonas haloplanktis TAC 125Roberta Cotugno
Dipartimento di Biochimica e Biotecnologie Mediche, Universita di Napoli Federico II, Via S Pansini 5, 80131, Napoli, Italy
Mol Biosyst 5:519-28. 2009..In particular, rPhTrxR catalyses the NADPH dependent reduction of DTNB and rPhTrx provokes the insulin precipitation in the presence of DTT...
- Dystrobrevin and dystrophin family gene expression in zebrafishSabrina Böhm
Department of Medical and Molecular Genetics, Guy s Campus, King s College London, London SE1 9RT, UK
Gene Expr Patterns 8:71-8. 2008..beta-dystrobrevin (dtnb) is expressed in the pronephric duct and widely at low levels...
- The sulfonylurea-inhibited NADH oxidase activity of HeLa cell plasma membranes has properties of a protein disulfide-thiol oxidoreductase with protein disulfide-thiol interchange activityD J Morre
Department of Medicinal Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana 47907, USA
J Bioenerg Biomembr 30:477-87. 1998..Direct assay of protein thiols by reaction with 5,5'-dithiobis-(2-nitrobenzoic acid) (DTNB; Ellman's reagent), suggests that protein disulfides may be the natural electron acceptors for NADH oxidation by ..
- Detection of glutathione reductase after electrophoresis on native or sodium dodecyl sulfate polyacrylamide gelsWen Chi Hou
Graduate Institute of Pharmacognosy, Taipei Medical University, Taipei, Taiwan
Electrophoresis 25:2926-31. 2004..9) containing 4.0 mM oxidized glutathione (GSSG), 1.5 mM NADPH, and 2 mM 5,5'-dithiobis(2-nitrobenzoic acid) (DTNB) for 20 min. The GR activity was negatively stained in the dark by a solution containing 1...
- Comparison of the conformational stability of the non-native alpha-helical intermediate of thiol-modified beta-lactoglobulin upon interaction with sodium n-alkyl sulfates at two different pHJ Chamani
Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, Islamic Azad University Mashhad Branch, Mashhad, Iran
J Colloid Interface Sci 299:636-46. 2006..This thiol group was specifically reacted with DTNB (5,5'-dithiobis(2-nitrobenzoic acid)) at pH 7...
- Glutathione content of in vivo and in vitro matured canine oocytes collected from different reproductive stagesMin Kyu Kim
Department of Theriogenology and Biotechnology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
J Vet Med Sci 69:627-32. 2007..GSH concentrations were determined by the dithionitrobenzoic acid-glutathione disulfide (DTNB-GSSG) reductase recycling assay. GSH concentrations of immature canine oocytes were 2.9 and 3.8, 3.5 and 6.8, and 3...
- Protein disulfide isomerase (PDI) associates with NADPH oxidase and is required for phagocytosis of Leishmania chagasi promastigotes by macrophagesCelio X C Santos
Vascular Biology Laboratory, Heart Institute InCor, University of Sao Paulo School of Medicine, CEP 05403 000 São Paulo, Brazil
J Leukoc Biol 86:989-98. 2009..but not amastigote phagocytosis was inhibited significantly by macrophage incubation with thiol/PDI inhibitors DTNB, bacitracin, phenylarsine oxide, and neutralizing PDI antibody in a parasite redox-dependent way...
- Chemical modification of beta-glucosidase from Trichoderma reesei QM 9414I de la Mata
Departamento de Bioquimica y Biologia Molecular I, Facultad de Ciencias Quimicas, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Spain
J Biochem 114:754-9. 1993..002 mM-1.min-1. Treatment of the modified enzyme with 5,5'-dithio-bis(2-nitrobenzoic acid) (DTNB) showed that one cysteine residue was essential for activity. At pH 5...
- Depolarization of isolated brain nerve endings by nitric oxide donors: membrane mechanismsA A Mongin
Albany Medical College A 60, Albany, NY, 12208, USA
Biochemistry (Mosc) 63:662-70. 1998..The effects of NO donors were mimicked by SH-modifying reagents including 5, 5'-dithio-bis(2-nitrobenzoic acid) (DTNB) and N-ethylmaleimide (NEM)...
- [Differences of acetylcholinesterase level in variety classes and strains of Culex pipiens pallens]Shi Gen Li
Department of Parasitology, Jining Medical College, Jining 272013, China
Zhejiang Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban 38:511-4. 2009..To investigate the diversity of acetylcholinesterase (AChE) activity in variety classes and strains of Culex pipiens pallens and provide a basis for the insecticide-resistance detection of mosquito by biochemical method...
- Dibucaine inhibition of serum cholinesteraseBabiker Elamin
Department of Biochemistry, College of Science, King Saud University, P O Box 2455, Riyadh 11451, Saudi Arabia
J Biochem Mol Biol 36:149-53. 2003..The enzyme was assayed colorimetrically by the reaction of 5,5'-dithiobis-[2-nitrobenzoic acid] (DTNB) with the free sulfhydryl groups of thiocholine that were produced by the enzyme reaction with butrylthiocholine (..
- Purification and catalytic properties of glutathione transferase from the hepatopancreas of crayfish macrobrachium vollenhovenii (herklots)Isaac Olusanjo Adewale
Department of Biochemistry, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife, Nigeria
J Biochem Mol Toxicol 18:332-44. 2004..Chemical modification studies with DTNB revealed that two sulphydryl groups per dimer were essential to the activity of the enzymes...
- Uptake and reduction of alpha-lipoic acid by human erythrocytesJames M May
Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, 715 Preston Research Building, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN 37232 6303, USA
Clin Biochem 40:1135-42. 2007..In this work we targeted the antioxidant capacity of pyridine nucleotide disulfide reductases of these cells by measuring their ability to reduce the disulfide alpha-lipoic acid...
- Allicin and disulfiram enhance platelet integrin alphaIIbbeta3-fibrinogen bindingYoav Manaster
Goldschleger Eye Research Institute and Department of Human Molecular Genetics and Biochemistry, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Israel
Thromb Res 124:477-82. 2009..The present study is aimed to support the hypothesis that prevention of specific alphaIIbbeta3 intra-molecular disulfide bond formation increases receptor-ligand binding activity...
- Sinapinic acid can replace ascorbate in the biotin switch assayVasantha Madhuri Kallakunta
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, 275 1, EH, University of Windsor, 401 Sunset Avenue, Windsor, Ontario N9B3P4, Canada
Biochim Biophys Acta 1800:23-30. 2010..We report a modification of the biotin switch assay where sinapinic acid is utilized instead of ascorbate to eliminate potential artifacts in the detection of S-nitrosated proteins...
- Evaluation of flow injection analysis for determination of cholinesterase activities in biological materialJiri Cabal
Department of Toxicology, Faculty of Military Health Sciences, University of Defense, Trebesska 1575, 500 01 Hradec Kralove, Czech Republic
Chem Biol Interact 187:225-8. 2010..flowing to dialyzer; reaction product (thiocholine) is dialyzed and mixed with 5,5'-dithio-bis-2-nitrobenzoic acid (DTNB) transported to flow spectrophotometer. Flowing of all materials is realised using peristaltic pump...
- Purification and some properties of a chloramphenicol acetyltransferase mediated by plasmids from Vibrio anguillarumS Masuyoshi
Laboratory of Drug Resistance in Bacteria, Gunma University School of Medicine, Japan
J Biochem 104:131-5. 1988..Enzyme activity was inhibited by HgCl2, p-chloromercuribenzoate (p-CMB), 5,5'-dithiobis(2-nitrobenzoic acid) (DTNB), and ethylendiaminotetraacetic acid (EDTA). The half life at 53 degrees C was approximately 100 min.
- Identification of an essential cysteine residue in pyridoxal phosphatase from human erythrocytesG Gao
Department of Biochemistry, University of Louisville School of Medicine, Kentucky 40292
J Biol Chem 269:8234-9. 1994..Incorporation of either 1 mol of 5,5'-dithiobis(2-nitrobenzoic acid) (DTNB), 0.6 mol of iodo[3H]acetate, or 0...
- Effect of cysteine residues on the activity of arginyl-tRNA synthetase from Escherichia coliM Liu
State Key Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Shanghai Institute of Biochemistry, Academia Sinica, China
Biochemistry 38:11006-11. 1999..Titration of sulfhydryl groups in ArgRS by 5, 5'-dithiobis(2-nitro benzoic acid) (DTNB) suggested that a disulfide bond was not formed in the enzyme and that, in the native condition, two DTNB-sensitive ..
- Hydrogen sulfide as a novel nociceptive messengerAtsufumi Kawabata
Division of Physiology and Pathophysiology, Department of Pharmacy, School of Pharmacy, Kinki University, Higashi Osaka 577 8502, Japan
Pain 132:74-81. 2007..The H(2)S-evoked hyperalgesia was blocked by 5,5'-dithio-bis-(2-nitrobenzoic acid) (DTNB), an oxidizing agent, or ethosuximide and mibefradil, T-type Ca(2+) channel inhibitors...
- Mono- (Ag, Hg) and di- (Cu, Hg) valent metal ions effects on the activity of jack bean urease. Probing the modes of metal binding to the enzymeBarbara Krajewska
Jagiellonian University, Faculty of Chemistry, 30 060, Krakow, Ingardena 3, Poland
J Enzyme Inhib Med Chem 23:535-42. 2008..The titration carried out with DTNB was done to examine the involvement of urease thiol groups in metal ion binding...
- Molecular docking studies of dithionitrobenzoic acid and its related compounds to protein disulfide isomerase: computational screening of inhibitors to HIV-1 entryUthaman Gowthaman
Bioinformatics Centres of BTISnet at Pondicherry University and IIT Delhi, India
BMC Bioinformatics 9:S14. 2008..This study attempts to perceive the mode of binding of dithionitrobenzoic acid (DTNB), and its structurally related compounds on PDI enzyme.
- Purification and characterization of a thiol amylase over produced by a non-cereal non-leguminous plant, Tinospora cordifoliaAbhishek Mukherjee
Department of Biotechnology, Heritage Institute of Technology, Anandapur, East Kolkata Township, Kolkata 700 107, West Bengal, India
Carbohydr Res 345:2731-5. 2010..Activity was stable in the pH range of 4-7 and at temperatures up to 60°C. PCMB, iodoacetic acid, iodoacetamide, DTNB, and heavy metal ions Hg(2+)>Ag(+)>Cd(2+) inhibited enzyme activity while Ca(2+) improved both activity and ..
- Studies on regulatory functions of malic enzymes. IV. Effects of sulfhydryl group modification on the catalytic function of NAD-linked malic enzyme from Escherichia coliM Yamaguchi
J Biochem 86:325-33. 1979..Similarly, other sulfhydryl reagents such as p-hydroxymercuribenzoate (PMB), 5,5'-dithiobis(2-nitrobenzoate) (DTNB), and iodoacetate inhibited the decarboxylase activities and activated the reductase activities to various extents...
- Low- and high-Km transport of dinitrophenyl glutathione in inside out vesicles from human erythrocytesT P Akerboom
Institut fur Physiologische Chemie I, Universitat Dusseldorf, Germany
Biochim Biophys Acta 1103:115-9. 1992..inhibited by fluoride, vanadate, p-chloromercuribenzoate (pCMB) and bis(4-nitrophenyl)dithio-3,3'-dicarboxylate (DTNB). The low-Km uptake process was less sensitive to the inhibitory action of DTNB as compared to the high-Km process...
- The widespread distribution of alpha-N-trimethylalanine as the N-terminal amino acid of light chains from vertebrate striated muscle myosinsG D Henry
Eur J Biochem 148:75-82. 1985..in all vertebrate striated muscle light chains of the A1-type (LC1, 'essential' light chains) and LC2-type ('DTNB'-light chains, 'phosphorylatable' light chains) but was absent from all invertebrate muscle and vertebrate smooth ..
- HPLC-based method using sample pre-column clean-up for the determination of methanethiol and ethanethiol in parenteral amino acid solutionsP C do Nascimento
Department of Chemistry, Federal University of Santa Maria, Brazil
Fresenius J Anal Chem 370:92-6. 2001..Simultaneous derivatization and elution with DTNB (5,5'-dithiobis(2-nitrobenzoic acid)) enabled further discrimination between MT and ET by reversed-phase HPLC with ..
- Redox-based control of the gamma heavy chain ATPase from Chlamydomonas outer arm dyneinAlistair Harrison
Department of Biochemistry, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, Connecticut 06030 3305, USA
Cell Motil Cytoskeleton 52:131-43. 2002..Mutational and biochemical dissection of the outer arm revealed that ATPase activation in response to DTNB was an exclusive property of the gamma heavy chain, and that enzymatic enhancement was modulated by the presence of ..
- Isolation and properties of cytoplasmic alpha-glycerol 3-phosphate dehydrogenase from the pectoral muscle of the fruit bat, Eidolon helvumFemi Kayode Agboola
Department of Biochemistry, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife, Nigeria
J Biochem Mol Biol 36:159-66. 2003..9 +/- 0.2 x 10(4)s(-1). The treatment of the enzyme with 5,5'-dithiobis-2-nitrobenzoic acid (DTNB) under denaturing conditions indicated that there were a total of eight cysteine residues, while only two of these ..
- Soluble human core 2 beta6-N-acetylglucosaminyltransferase C2GnT1 requires its conserved cysteine residues for full activityXiaojing Yang
Department of Medicine, Human Mobility Research Center, Queen s University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Biochim Biophys Acta 1648:62-74. 2003..Sulfhydryl reagents such as 5,5'-dithiobis-2-nitrobenzoic acid (DTNB) and N-ethylmaleimide (NEM) inactivated the enzyme, and the inactivation was partially prevented by prior addition ..
- [Effect of sodium nitroprusside on Na+, K+-ATPase of rat myocardium and renal cortex]O V Akopova
Bogomolets Institute of Physiology, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Kyiv
Ukr Biokhim Zh 75:54-9. 2003..The Na-pump activation as well as the increase in the number of DTNB-reactive thiol groups was abolished after the detergent treatment (0...
- Purification, tandem mass characterization, and inhibition studies of oxidosqualene-lanosterol cyclase enzyme from bovine liverTung Kung Wu
Department of Biological Science and Technology, National Chiao Tung University, 300 Hsin Chu, Taiwan, China
Arch Biochem Biophys 421:42-53. 2004..79 microM, respectively. Results from DTNB modification and DTNB coupled with Ro48-8071 competition study suggest that two sulfhydryl groups are involved in ..
- [Malondialdehyde and free thiol groups from smokers' plasma]Cornelia Mircea
Disciplina de Toxicologie, Facultatea de Farmacie, Universitatea de Mecină şi Famacie Gr T Popa Iaşi
Rev Med Chir Soc Med Nat Iasi 107:184-7. 2003..The determinations was effectuated with 2-thiobarbituric acid for malondialdehyde and with 5,5'-DTNB for thiol groups. The results was expressed in mmol/L for malondialdehyde and mmol/ml for free thiol groups...
- Inhibition of 5-amino levulinic acid dehydratase activity by arsenic in excised etiolated maize leaf segments during greeningMeeta Jain
School of Biochemistry, Devi Ahilya University, Takshashila Campus, Khandwa Road, Indore 452 017, India
J Plant Physiol 161:251-5. 2004..The % inhibition of enzyme activity was also reduced by in vivo supply of DTNB. The enzyme activity was reduced substantially by in vitro inclusion of LA, both in the absence and presence of As...
- Multi-step analysis of Hg2+ ion inhibition of jack bean ureaseBarbara Krajewska
Faculty of Chemistry, Jagiellonian University, Ingardena 3, 30 060 Krakow, Poland
J Inorg Biochem 98:1160-8. 2004..of thiol groups in urease-Hg(2+) complexes with a cysteine selective agent 5,5'-dithiobis(2-nitrobenzoic acid) (DTNB)...
- Cysteine-321 of human brain GABA transaminase is involved in intersubunit cross-linkingChang Sik Yoon
Department of Genetic Engineering and Research Institute for Bioscience and Biotechnology, Hallym University, Chunchon 200 702, Korea
Mol Cells 18:214-9. 2004..Reaction of 1.5 sulfhydryl groups per wild type dimer with 5,5 cent-dithiobis-2-nitrobenzoic acid (DTNB) produced about 95% loss of activity. No reactive -SH groups were detected in the mutant enzymes...
- Acid sensing ionic channels: modulation by redox reagentsFedorenko Andrey
Department of Cellular Membranology, Bogomoletz Institute of Physiology, Kiev, Ukraine
Biochim Biophys Acta 1745:1-6. 2005..potentiates proton-activated currents, while the oxidizing reagent 5,5'-dithio-bis-(2-nitrobenzoic acid) (DTNB) causes their inhibition...
- Distinct response to ionizing radiation of human prostate cell linesVenera Cardile
Department of Physiological Sciences, University of Catania, V le A Doria 6, I 95125 Catania, Italy
Oncol Rep 14:981-5. 2005..diacetate bis acetomethyl ester (DCFH-DA), GSH levels by 2,2'-dinitro-5,5'-dithio-benzoic acid (DTNB), and lipoperoxidation by thiobarbituric acid reactive substances (TBARS) analysis...
- Mercury(II) ion-selective polymeric membrane sensors for analysis of mercury in hazardous wastesSaad S M Hassan
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt
Anal Sci 22:877-81. 2006..These are based on the use of 5,5'-dithio-bis(2-nitrobenzoic acid) (DTNB) and tricyclazole (TCZ) as neutral carriers in plasticized poly(vinyl chloride) membranes...
- Calcium-dependent conformational changes in guanylate cyclase-activating protein 2 monitored by cysteine accessibilityAndreas Helten
Biochemistry Group, IBU, Faculty V, University of Oldenburg, D 26111 Oldenburg, Germany
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 356:687-92. 2007..in wild type and mutant GCAP2 forms with the thiol-modifying reagent 5,5'-dithio-bis-(2-nitrobenzoic acid) (DTNB)...
- Thiol-reactive reagents inhibits intracellular trafficking of human papillomavirus type 16 pseudovirions by binding to cysteine residues of major capsid protein L1Yoshiyuki Ishii
Center for Pathogen Genomics, National Institute of Infectious Diseases, 1 23 1 Toyama, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 162 8640, Japan
Virol J 4:110. 2007..Although the authentic virions cannot be studied with cultured cells, surrogate pseudovirions consisting of capsid and reporter plasmid are available for studies dealing with infectivity...
- Increased chemosensitivity and elevated reactive oxygen species are mediated by glutathione reduction in glutamine deprived neuroblastoma cellsSakurako Izaki
Yokohama City University School of Medicine, 3 9 Fukuura, Kanazawa Ku, Yokohama City, 236 0004, Japan
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 134:761-8. 2008..To evaluate the effects of glutamine concentrations, cell growth, GSH levels, oxidative stress, and chemosensitivity were evaluated in neuroblastoma cell lines...
- Investigation of the interactions of polyhedral borane anions with serum albuminsWilliam Jefferson McVey
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Texas State University, San Marcos, 601 University Drive, San Marcos, TX 78666, USA
J Inorg Biochem 102:943-51. 2008..for disulfide bond formation was confirmed by examining the reactions of the [B(20)H(17)SH](4-) ion with both DTNB and reduced glutathione...
- Determination of total and oxidized glutathione in human whole blood with a sequential injection analysis systemAndré R T S Araujo
REQUIMTE, Departamento de Quimica Fisica, Faculdade de Farmacia da Universidade do Porto, Rua Anibal Cunha, 164, 4099 030 Porto, Portugal
Talanta 74:1511-9. 2008..The determination was based on the DTNB-GSSG reductase recycling assay, which couples the specificity of the GSSG reductase (GR) with an amplification of ..
- Inactivation of an invertebrate acetylcholinesterase by sulfhydryl reagents: a reconsideration of the implications for insecticide designM Rowland
Department of Biology, Birmingham Southern College, Birmingham, AL 35254, USA
Chem Biol Interact 175:73-5. 2008..cholinesterase 2 from amphioxus, by the sulfhydryl reagents 5,5'-dithiobis(2-nitrobenzoic acid) (DTNB) and N-ethylmaleimide (NEM)...
- Redox modulation at the peripheral site alters nociceptive transmission in vivoFlavia C Meotti
Department of Physiological Science, Federal University of Santa Catarina, Florianopolis, Brazil
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 36:272-7. 2009..groups in footpad tissue were quantified using a colourimetric reaction with 5,5'-dithio-bis-2-nitrobenzoic acid (DTNB). 2...
- Protective role of ortho-substituted Mn(III) N-alkylpyridylporphyrins against the oxidative injury induced by tert-butylhydroperoxideAna S Fernandes
iMed UL, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Lisbon, Lisboa, Portugal
Free Radic Res 44:430-40. 2010..MTT and crystal violet assays), intracellular O(2)*- generation (dihydroethidium assay) and glutathione status (DTNB and monochlorobimane assays). MnPs per se did not show cytotoxicity (up to 25 microM, 24 h)...
- Soybean (Glycine max) urease: significance of sulfhydryl groups in urea catalysisSandeep Kumar
School of Biotechnology, Faculty of Science, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi 221005, India
Plant Physiol Biochem 48:746-50. 2010..The native urease incubated with 5,5'-dithiobis (2-nitrobenzoic acid) (DTNB) showed exponential increase in the absorbance, thereby revealing the presence of -SH groups...
- Characterization of Deinococcus radiophilus thioredoxin reductase active with both NADH and NADPHHee Jeong Seo
Department of Microbiology, Chungbuk National University, Cheongju 361 763, Republic of Korea
J Microbiol 48:637-43. 2010..2 μM and 192 μM/min. The Km and Vmax for 5, 5'-dithio-bis-2-nitrobenzoic acid (DTNB, a substituted substrate for thioredoxin) are 463 μM and 756 μM/min, respectively...
- Site-directed mutagenesis of mouse glutathione transferase P1-1 unlocks masked cooperativity, introduces a novel mechanism for 'ping pong' kinetic behaviour, and provides further structural evidence for participation of a water molecule in proton abstractGavin McManus
School of Biochemistry and Immunology, Trinity College, Dublin, Ireland
FEBS J 278:273-81. 2011..6. Only a small proportion of C14 is reactive with 5,5'-dithiobis-(2-nitrobenoic acid) (DTNB) at pH 9 in the C47A/C169A double mutant...
- Identification and conformer analysis of a novel redox-active motif, Pro-Ala-Ser-Cys-Cys-Ser, in Drosophila thioredoxin reductase by semiempirical molecular orbital calculationMitsuhiko Kuwahara
Department of Bioresources Chemistry, Graduate School of Natural Science and Technology, Okayama University, Okayama, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 75:516-21. 2011..4/min for DTNB and 13.2/min for E. coli trx) compared to the Sec-to-Cys mutant...
- Atomic level characterization of the nonproton ligand-sensing domain of ASIC3 channelsYe Yu
Institute of Neuroscience and State Key Laboratory of Neuroscience, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 200031, China
J Biol Chem 286:24996-5006. 2011..in coordinating GMQ responses are also critical for activation of the ASIC3(E79C) mutant by thiol-reactive compound DTNB. Thus, a range of complementary techniques provide independent evidence for the structural details of the GMQ-..
- Quantitative measurements of glutathione in yeast cell lysate using 1H NMRSteve Y Rhieu
Biosystems and Biomaterials Division, National Institute of Standards and Technology, Gaithersburg, MD 20899, USA
Anal Bioanal Chem 405:4963-8. 2013..The level of GSH measured by (1)H NMR was in good agreement with the concentration measured by the DTNB-GSSG reductase recycling assay...
- Hydrogen peroxide-induced reduction of delayed rectifier potassium current in hippocampal neurons involves oxidation of sulfhydryl groupsSonia M K Hasan
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, Kuwait University, P O Box 24923, Safat 13110, Kuwait
Brain Res 1520:61-9. 2013..Application of the sulfhydryl-oxidizing agent 5,5 dithio-bis-nitrobenzoic acid (DTNB) mimicked the effect of H2O2...
- NrdH Redoxin enhances resistance to multiple oxidative stresses by acting as a peroxidase cofactor in Corynebacterium glutamicumMei Ru Si
State Key Laboratory of Crop Stress Biology for Arid Areas and College of Life Sciences, Northwest A and F University, Yangling, Shaanxi, People s Republic of China
Appl Environ Microbiol 80:1750-62. 2014..the disulfides in the class Ib ribonucleotide reductases (RNR), insulin and 5,5'-dithiobis-(2-nitrobenzoic acid) (DTNB), by exclusively receiving electrons from thioredoxin reductase...
- Influence of analgesic active 3-[4-(3-trifluoromethyl-phenyl)-piperazin-1-yl]-dihydrofuran-2-one on the antioxidant status, glucose utilization and lipid accumulation in some in vitro and ex vivo assaysKinga Sałat
Department of Pharmacodynamics
Toxicol Mech Methods 24:204-11. 2014....
- Micro-method for the determination of glutathione in human bloodDaniela Giustarini
Department of Life Sciences, Laboratory of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Siena, Via A Moro 4, 53100 Siena, Italy Electronic address
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 964:191-4. 2014..GSH is then measured in the clear supernatant by colorimetry using DTNB, i.e., 5,5'-dithio-bis(2-nitrobenzoic acid), in aqueous solution at pH 7.8...
- Inactivation of sortase A mediated by metal ATCUN complexesInsiya Fidai
Evans Laboratory of Chemistry, The Ohio State University, 100 West 18th Avenue, Columbus, OH, 43210, USA
J Biol Inorg Chem 19:1327-39. 2014..Results obtained from a DTNB assay support oxidation of the Cys-184 residue. LC-MS/MS also suggested oxidation of the Arg-197 containing peptide...
- Kinetic and thermodynamic studies on the disulfide-bond reducing potential of hydrogen sulfideAnita Vasas
Department of Molecular Immunology and Toxicology, National Institute of Oncology, Ráth György utca 7 9, Budapest 1122, Hungary Department of Inorganic and Analytical Chemistry, University of Debrecen, Egyetem ter 1, Debrecen 4010, Hungary
Nitric Oxide 46:93-101. 2015..Using DTNB (5,5'-dithiobis-(2-nitrobenzoic acid), also known as Ellman's reagent) as a model disulfide we conducted a ..
- Poststroke depression as a factor adversely affecting the level of oxidative damage to plasma proteins during a brain strokeNatalia Cichoń
Department of General Biochemistry, Faculty of Biology and Environmental Protection, University of Lodz, Pomorska 141 143, 90 236 Lodz, Poland
Oxid Med Cell Longev 2015:408745. 2015..Additionally, we checked differences in proteins thiol groups by spectrophotometric assay based on reaction between DTNB and thiols. We also evaluated catalase activity in erythrocytes measured as ability to decompose H2O2...
- Structural properties of cyanase. Denaturation, renaturation, and role of sulfhydryls and oligomeric structure in catalytic activityR M Little
J Biol Chem 262:10120-6. 1987..The one sulfhydryl group per subunit does not react with 5,5'-dithiobis-(2-nitrobenzoic acid) (DTNB) unless cyanase is denatured...
- Fluorescence studies of pyrene maleimide-labeled translin: excimer fluorescence indicates subunits associate in a tail-to-tail configuration to form octamerMyun K Han
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20007, USA
Biochemistry 41:3468-76. 2002..This protein contains two cysteine residues per monomer. Studies of reactions with DTNB show that both cysteines are reactive and exhibit biphasic reaction kinetics...
- Species-specific inhibition of Giardia lamblia triosephosphate isomerase by localized perturbation of the homodimerSergio Enriquez-Flores
Laboratorio de Bioquímica Genética y Dirección de Investigación, Instituto Nacional de Pediatria, 04530 Mexico, DF, Mexico
Mol Biochem Parasitol 157:179-86. 2008..the dimer to stable monomers were reached when four Cys were derivatized by 5,5'-dithio-bis(2-nitrobenzoic acid) (DTNB). The effects of DTNB were completely abolished when GlTIM was first treated with MMTS...
- Interaction of substrates and inhibitors with the homoserine dehydrogenase of kinase-inactivated aspartokinase IJ K Wright
Biochemistry 16:1541-8. 1977..7). Threonine still protected the SH groups of I against 5,5'-dithiobis(2-nitrobenzoate) (DTNB) reaction but the number of SH groups reacting with thiol reagents (DTNB) was reduced by 1-2 per subunit in the ..
- Effect of p-chloromercuribenzoate on Clostridium perfringens beta toxinJ Sakurai
Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Tokushima Bunri University, Japan
Toxicon 30:323-30. 1992..Treatment of the toxin with N-ethylmaleimide (NEM), 5,5'-dithio-bis(2-nitro-benzoic acid) (DTNB), o-iodosobenzoate (OIBA) and metal ions such as Cu2+ and Ag+ decreased the lethal activity, but PCMB did not ..
- LCAT inhibitors interfere with the enzymatic determination of cholesterol and triglyceridesW S Harris
Department of Medicine, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City 66103
Lipids 25:341-3. 19905,5-Dithiobis-(2-nitrobenzoic acid) (DTNB) and p-chloro-mercuriphenylsulfonic acid (PCMPS) are well-known sulfhydryl inhibitors that are used to inhibit lecithin: cholesterol acyltransferase (LCAT)...
- Specific binding of a novel compound, N-[2-(methylamino)ethyl]-5-isoquinolinesulfonamide (H-8) to the active site of cAMP-dependent protein kinaseM Hagiwara
Mol Pharmacol 31:523-8. 1987..F3GA but did not afford any protection against the covalent modification of 5,5'-dithiobis-(2-nitrobenzoic acid) (DTNB) and 7-chloro-4-nitro-2,1,3-benzoxadiazole (NBD-Cl), suggesting that the binding site of H-8 does not involve the ..
- A cysteine in the C-terminal region of alanyl-tRNA synthetase is important for aminoacylation activityM X Wu
Department of Biochemistry, Loma Linda University School of Medicine, California 92350
Biochemistry 33:12260-6. 1994..residues with p-(hydroxymercuri)phenylsulfonic acid, monobromobimane, and 5,5'-dithiobis(2-nitrobenzoic acid) (DTNB)...
- Electrospray mass spectrometry of alpha and beta chains of selected hemoglobins and their TNBA and TNB conjugatesM Adamczyk
Department of Chemistry D9NM, Abbott Laboratories, Abbott Park, Illinois 60064 USA
Bioconjug Chem 8:400-6. 1997..prepared for 14 of the globins using 2 traditional colorimetric derivatizing reagents, 5,5'-dithiobis(2-nitrobenzoic acid) (DTNB) and trinitrobenzenesulfonic acid (TNBS), and the mass of each conjugate was determined by mass spectrometry.
- Synthesis of 5,5'-dithiobis(2-nitrobenzamides) as alternative substrates for trypanothione reductase and thioredoxin reductase: a microtiter colorimetric assay for inhibitor screeningE Davioud-Charvet
Institut de Biologie de Lille Institut Pasteur de Lille, URA CNRS 1309, 1 rue du Professeur Calmette, Lille Cedex, 59021, France
Anal Biochem 268:1-8. 1999..As with 5, 5'-dithiobis(2-nitrobenzoate) (DTNB), which can be reduced by TRs and TrxRs, the new compounds are converted to their corresponding chromophoric ..
- Metabolism of oxidized phosphatidylcholines formed in oxidized low density lipoprotein by lecithin-cholesterol acyltransferaseH Itabe
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Pathology, School of Medicine, Fukuoka University, Fukuoka, 814 0180, Japan
J Biochem 126:153-61. 1999..The addition of dithio-bis(nitrobenzoate) (DTNB), an LCAT inhibitor, or the inactivation of LCAT activity by treating the plasma at 56 degrees C for 30 min ..
- Differential mechanisms of urethral smooth muscle relaxation by several NO donors and nitric oxideA Garcia-Pascual
Departamento de Fisiologia, Facultad de Veterinaria, Universidad Complutense, Madrid, Spain
Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol 360:80-91. 1999..Oxidation of sarcolemmal thiol groups with 5-5'-dithio-bis[2-nitrobenzoic acid] (DTNB; 0...
- Irreversible activation of cyclic nucleotide-gated ion channels by sulfhydryl-reactive derivatives of cyclic GMPR L Brown
Neurological Sciences Institute, Oregon Health Sciences University, 1120 NW 20th Avenue, Portland, Oregon 97209, USA
Biochemistry 39:432-41. 2000..of the patch with the sulfhydryl-blocking reagents N-ethylmaleimide (NEM) and bis-dithionitrobenzoic acid (DTNB) prevented covalent activation; the effect of DTNB was reversed by reduction with DTT...
- Redox modulation of T-type calcium channels in rat peripheral nociceptorsS M Todorovic
Department of Anesthesiology, Washington University School of Medicine, 63110, St Louis, MO, USA
Neuron 31:75-85. 2001..This hyperalgesia is blocked by the oxidizing agent 5,5'-dithio-bis-(2-nitrobenzoic acid) (DTNB) and the T channel antagonist mibefradil. DTNB alone and in combination with mibefradil induces thermal analgesia...
- Elevation of brain glutathione by gamma-glutamylcysteine ethyl ester protects against peroxynitrite-induced oxidative stressJennifer Drake
Department of Chemistry and Center of Membrane Sciences, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky, 40506, USA
J Neurosci Res 68:776-84. 2002..injection of GCEE to gerbils resulted in a 41% increase in brain total GSH levels in vivo as determined by the DTNB-GSH reductase recycling method...
- A general strategy for site-specific double labeling of globular proteins for kinetic FRET studiesV Ratner
Faculty of Life Sciences, Bar Ilan University, Ramat Gan 52900, Israel
Bioconjug Chem 13:1163-70. 2002..of the reaction of each engineered cysteine residue with a reference reagent [5,5'-dithiobis(2-nitrobenzoic acid) (DTNB)] were determined...
- MULTIPLE CLASSES OF CA2+ CHANNELS - SENSORY TRANSMISSIONSLOBODAN TODOROVIC; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- CONTRIBUTION OF COLLAGEN TO VENTRICULAR STIFFNESSJAMES CAULFIELD; Fiscal Year: 1990..rat hearts in vitro or dog hearts in vivo with oxidized glutathione or 5, 5'- Dithio-bis (2 nitrobenzoic) acid (DTNB) to effect removal of tissue collagen...
- Antioxidant Interaction of Selenium and Vitamins C & EJames May; Fiscal Year: 2008..Using this approach, it will be possible to relate the crucial, mitochondrial functions of selenium and vitamins C and E to the antioxidant defenses of the whole animal. ..
- Antioxidant Functions of Lipoic AcidJames May; Fiscal Year: 2004..Despite the widespread use of lipoic acid, these studies are necessary to establish the biological basis and rationale for the clinical use of the agent. ..
- Antioxidant vitamins in models of Alzheimer's DiseaseJames May; Fiscal Year: 2008..If antioxidant vitamins ameliorate toxicity in cell and animal models of Alzheimer's disease, then oxidant stress is involved in disease progression, and antioxidant vitamin supplements may be beneficial. ..
- ApoA-I Helical Domains and Cardiovascular AgingJOHN BIELICKI; Fiscal Year: 2005..These studies are relevant for devising novel strategies to combat cardiovascular aging. ..
- REDOX PHARMACOLOGY OF T CHANNELS IN DRG NEURONSSLOBODAN TODOROVIC; Fiscal Year: 2009..In addition, our results suggest an unexplored avenue for the development of potential novel therapies for pain control. ..
- Prenatal Virally Induced Brain Disorder in MouseSEYYED FATEMI; Fiscal Year: 2009..In addition, it is expected that the results will provide clues that will lead to fundamental advances in our knowledge of the pathogenesis of schizophrenia and, therefore, of how it can be prevented and treated. ..
- Varenicline and Smoking Cessation in SchizophreniaSEYYED HOSSEIN FATEMI; Fiscal Year: 2010..Such outcomes will be significant, because they will offer a new treatment for smoking cessation in this vulnerable population. ..
- Methamphetamine Neurotoxicity and Microglial ActivationDONALD KUHN; Fiscal Year: 2009..A better understanding of the mechanisms by which METH causes persistent damage to the DA neuronal system could lead to more targeted therapies and would open newer lines of investigation into this and other neurotoxic drugs of abuse. ..
- Redox Regulation of Cardiac Electrical RemodelingGEORGE ROZANSKI; Fiscal Year: 2009..PHS 398 (Rev. 09/04) Page 2 Principal Investigator/Program Director (Last, first, middle): Rozanski, George, J ..
- ABCA1 agonist peptides for therapeutic useJOHN BIELICKI; Fiscal Year: 2008..The research is likely to have a high impact on public health, since the therapeutics will be amenable to the widespread treatment of atherosclerosis. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Molecular Neurobiology of Drug AbuseDONALD KUHN; Fiscal Year: 2006..Kuhn will remain extensively engaged in scientific mentoring activities. ..
- Acetylcholinesterase: A Comparative Biochemical ApproachLeo Pezzementi; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- TSQ Quantum ESI-MS Surveyor BundleDavid Ford; Fiscal Year: 2004..This requested instrumentation will remedy this deficit in our otherwise well-equipped facility. ..
- PLASMALOGEN CATABOLISM DURING MYOCARDIAL ISCHEMIADavid Ford; Fiscal Year: 2003..Specific Aim 3 is to test the hypothesis that myocardial ischemia/reperfusion injury is mediated, in part, by plasmalogen degradation by reactive chlorinating species released from activated neutrophils. ..
- PKC SIGNALING AND THE TREATMENT OF BIPOLAR DISORDERDONALD KUHN; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- PRESERVATION OF HDL FUNCTION DURING EARLY ATHEROGENESISJOHN BIELICKI; Fiscal Year: 2002..Moreover, the research will uncover novel mechanisms for preserving HDL/LCAT function that can be utilized therapeutically to fight the onset of cardiovascular disease. ..
- Calorimetry Work StationSHERWIN LEHRER; Fiscal Year: 2002..iii) measure binding constants and characterize the thermodynamics of binding equilibria. ITC avoids the unavoidable perturbation of fluorescence labels and is more quantitatively than ELISA assays of binding. ..
- Anesthetics block neuronal voltage-gated Ca2+ currentsSLOBODAN TODOROVIC; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- TROPOMYOSIN AND THE REGULATION OF MUSCLE CONTRACTIONSHERWIN LEHRER; Fiscal Year: 2009..These measurements between specific labeled amino acid residues will provide information about the dynamics of the changes between the components involved in the regulatory process. ..
- NEUROSCIENCE TRAINING IN DRUG ABUSEDONALD KUHN; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- MICROARRAY ANALYSIS OF HUMAN COCAINE ADDICTSDONALD KUHN; Fiscal Year: 2002..Microarray-based scanning of the human genome has the potential to establish those genes or gene clusters that define the addictive phenotype, leading the way to proteomic-based studies of the bases of addiction. ..