Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: DSC3
Description: desmocollin 3
Alias: CDHF3, DSC, DSC1, DSC2, DSC4, HT-CP, desmocollin-3, cadherin family member 3, desmocollin-4
Publications265 found, 100 shown here
- Use of DSC to detect the heterogeneity of hydrothermal stability in the polyphenol-treated collagen matrixH R Tang
Department of Chemistry, Royal Holloway, University of London, Egham Hill, Egham, Surrey TW20 0EX, United Kingdom
J Agric Food Chem 51:6652-6. 2003..This paper describes a differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) study of the sheepskin collagen samples treated with hydrolyzable tannins, including two commercial tannins' ..
- Epigenetic silencing of DSC3 is a common event in human breast cancerMarc M Oshiro
Department of Pharmacology, Arizona Cancer Center, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ, USA
Breast Cancer Res 7:R669-80. 2005b>Desmocollin 3 (DSC3) is a member of the cadherin superfamily of calcium-dependent cell adhesion molecules and a principle component of desmosomes...
- Altered expression of desmocollin 3, desmoglein 3, and beta-catenin in oral squamous cell carcinoma: correlation with lymph node metastasis and cell proliferationLihong Wang
Department of Bioengineering, School of Sciences, Graduate School of Northeastern University, Shenyang 110006, China
Virchows Arch 451:959-66. 2007b>Desmocollin 3 (Dsc3) and desmoglein 3 (Dsg3) are both transmembrane glycoproteins that belong to the cadherin family of calcium-dependent cell adhesion molecules...
- Posttranslational regulation of plakoglobin expression. Influence of the desmosomal cadherins on plakoglobin metabolic stabilityA P Kowalczyk
Northwestern University Medical School, Department of Pathology, Chicago, Illinois 60611
J Biol Chem 269:31214-23. 1994..These results demonstrate that the desmosomal cadherins posttranslationally regulate plakoglobin expression by decreasing the rate of plakoglobin degradation...
- Patterns of desmocollin synthesis in human epithelia: immunolocalization of desmocollins 1 and 3 in special epithelia and in cultured cellsU A Nuber
Division of Cell Biology, German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg, Germany
Eur J Cell Biol 71:1-13. 1996..and immunolocalization experiments, with the human desmosomal cadherins, desmocollins Dsc1 (mAb Dsc1-U100) and Dsc3 (mAb Dsc3-U114), have allowed to study systematically the synthesis of these proteins in tissues and cultured cells...
- Different effects of dominant negative mutants of desmocollin and desmoglein on the cell-cell adhesion of keratinocytesY Hanakawa
Department of Dermatology, School of Medicine, Ehime University, Ehime, Japan
J Cell Sci 113:1803-11. 2000Desmosomes contain two types of cadherin: desmocollin (Dsc) and desmoglein (Dsg). In this study, we examined the different roles that Dsc and Dsg play in the formation of desmosomes, by using dominant-negative mutants...
- Down-regulation of the desmosomal cadherin desmocollin 3 in human breast cancerG T Klus
Department of Pharmacology, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, MD 20814 4799, USA
Int J Oncol 19:169-74. 2001..In the current study, we have determined this tag to be part of the mRNA sequence of human desmocollin 3, a member of the cadherin superfamily of proteins and an integral component of desmosomes...
- Mutant p53 and aberrant cytosine methylation cooperate to silence gene expressionMarc M Oshiro
Bone Marrow Transplant Program, Arizona Cancer Center and Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, The University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85724, USA
Oncogene 22:3624-34. 2003..Gene-profiling experiments of breast cancer cells infected with wt p53 revealed both MASPIN and desmocollin 3 (DSC3) to be p53-target genes, even though both genes are silenced in association with aberrant cytosine ..
- DSC3 expression is regulated by p53, and methylation of DSC3 DNA is a prognostic marker in human colorectal cancerT Cui
Institute of Pathology, University Hospital Jena, Ziegelmühlenweg 1, Jena 07743, Germany
Br J Cancer 104:1013-9. 2011b>Desmocollin 3 (DSC3), a member of the cadherin superfamily and integral component of desmosomes, is involved in carcinogenesis. However, the role of DSC3 in colorectal cancer (CRC) has not yet been established.
- The p53 target gene desmocollin 3 acts as a novel tumor suppressor through inhibiting EGFR/ERK pathway in human lung cancerTiantian Cui
Institute of Pathology, Jena University Hospital, Friedrich Schiller University Jena, Ziegelmühlenweg 1, 07743 Jena, Germany
Carcinogenesis 33:2326-33. 2012Desmosomes are intercellular junctions that confer strong cell-cell adhesion. Altered expression of desmocollin 3 (DSC3), a member of the desmosomal cadherin family, was found in various cancers; however, its functional involvement in ..
- The regulatory region of the human desmocollin 3 promoter forms a DNA four-way junctionP L Gadhavi
Division of Membrane Biology, National Institute for Medical Research, Mill Hill, London NW7 1AA, United Kingdom
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 281:520-8. 2001..three desmocollins (DSC) and three desmogleins (DSG). Promoter and primer extension analysis of human DSC3 showed a TATA-less sequence initiating transcription via a cluster of sites upstream of the coding region...
- Calorimetric and x-ray diffraction studies of rye glucocerebroside mesomorphismD V Lynch
Department of Soil, Crop and Atmospheric Science, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853
Biophys J 61:1289-300. 1992..phase behavior of fully hydrated and dry rye leaf GlcCer was investigated using differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) and x-ray diffraction...
- Effect of chain-linkage on the structure of phosphatidyl choline bilayers. Hydration studies of 1-hexadecyl 2-palmitoyl-sn-glycero-3-phosphocholineN S Haas
Department of Biophysics, Boston University School of Medicine, Housman Medical Research Center, Massachusetts 02118 2394
Biophys J 57:117-24. 1990..HPPC has been investigated as a function of hydration using differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) and x-ray diffraction. By DSC, over the hydration range 5. 1-70...
- Structural and thermotropic properties of calcium-dimyristoylphosphatidic acid complexes at acidic and neutral pH conditionsH Takahashi
Department of Applied Physics, School of Engineering, Nagoya University, Japan
Biophys J 69:1464-72. 1995..In the differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) thermogram, the complex at pH 7.4 undergoes no phase transition in a temperature range between 30 and 80 degrees C...
- The thermotropic phase behaviour and phase structure of a homologous series of racemic beta-D-galactosyl dialkylglycerols studied by differential scanning calorimetry and X-ray diffractionDavid A Mannock
Department of Biochemistry, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Chem Phys Lipids 148:26-50. 2007..with both odd and even hydrocarbon chain lengths was studied by differential scanning calorimetry (DSC), small-angle (SAXS) and wide-angle (WAXS) X-ray diffraction...
- Microcalorimetric characterization of the anion-exchange adsorption of recombinant cytochrome b5 and its surface-charge mutantsD S Gill
Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Houston, TX 77204-4792, USA
J Chromatogr A 715:81-93. 1995..anion exchanger Mono Q was studied using isothermal titration calorimetry and differential scanning calorimetry (DSC)...
- L-phenylalanine binding and domain organization in human phenylalanine hydroxylase: a differential scanning calorimetry studyMatthías Thórólfsson
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Bergen, Arstadveien 19, N 5009 Bergen, Norway
Biochemistry 41:7573-85. 2002..Two partially overlapping transitions are seen in differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) thermograms for wild-type hPAH in 0.1 M Na-Hepes buffer, 0.1 M NaCl, pH 7.0...
- Clustered cadherin genes: a sequence-ready contig for the desmosomal cadherin locus on human chromosome 18D M Hunt
Division of Membrane Biology, National Institute for Medical Research, The Ridgeway, Mill Hill, London, NW7 1AA, United Kingdom
Genomics 62:445-55. 1999We describe the assembly of a cosmid and PAC contig of approximately 700 kb on human chromosome 18q12 spanning the DSC and DSG genes coding for the desmocollins and desmogleins...
- Desmocollin 1 expression and desmosomal remodeling during terminal differentiation of human anagen hair follicle: an electron microscopic studyElena Donetti
Department of Human Anatomy, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Milan, Italy
Exp Dermatol 13:289-97. 2004..By immunogold post embedding technique, we studied in anagen HFs the modulation of the synthesis of desmocollin 1 (Dsc1), a transmembrane glycoprotein specifically synthesized in the IRS and in the companion layer...
- Effect of staphylococcal delta-lysin on the thermotropic phase behavior and vesicle morphology of dimyristoylphosphatidylcholine lipid bilayer model membranes. Differential scanning calorimetric, 31P nuclear magnetic resonance and Fourier transform infrarK Lohner
Institut für Biophysik und Röntgenstrukturforschung, Osterreichische Akademie der Wissenschaften, Steyrergasse 17 VI, A 8010 Graz, Austria
Biochemistry 38:16514-28. 1999..of large multilamellar dimyristoylphosphatidylcholine (DMPC) vesicles by differential scanning calorimetry (DSC), 31P nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) and Fourier transform infrared (FTIR) spectroscopy, and X-ray diffraction...
- Scanning microbeam small-angle X-ray diffraction study of interfacial heterogeneous crystallization of fat crystals in oil-in-water emulsion dropletsS Arima
Technical Development Center, Mitsubishi Kagaku Foods Co, 1000 Kamoshida, Aoba ku, Yokohama 227 0033, Japan
Langmuir 25:9777-84. 2009..scanning microbeam small-angle X-ray diffraction (micro-SAXD) experiments, differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) analysis, and optical microscopic observation of palm mid fraction (PMF) crystals in oil-in-water emulsion ..
- Changes in collagen with aging maintain molecular stability after overload: evidence from an in vitro tendon modelThomas L Willett
Bone Biology Laboratory, Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, ON, M5G 1X5, Canada
J Biomech Eng 132:031002. 2010..Previous work using differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) has shown that tendon collagen becomes less thermally stable with rupture...
- Thyroid hormone status after cardiac surgery in infants with delayed sternal closure and continued use of cutaneous povidone-iodineLubica Kovacikova
Cardiac Intensive Care Unit, Department of Cardiosurgery, Children s University Hospital, 833 40 Bratislava, Slovakia
Endocr Regul 37:3-9. 2003The aim of this prospective study was to examine whether providone-iodine used for sternal wound protection in infants with delayed sternal closure (DSC) influences the thyroid function.
- Desmocollin 1 and desmoglein 1 expression in human epidermis and keratinizing oral mucosa: a comparative immunohistochemical and molecular studyElena Donetti
Department of Human Morphology, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Via Mangiagalli 31, 20133 Milan, Italy
Arch Dermatol Res 297:31-8. 2005..Up to now, the expression of the "skin type" desmosomal cadherins, i.e. desmocollin 1 (Dsc1) and desmoglein 1 (Dsg1), was correlated with the morphological features of keratinocyte terminal differentiation ..
- Sterol chemical configuration influences the thermotropic phase behaviour of dipalmitoylphosphatidylcholine bilayers containing 5α-cholestan-3β- and 3α-olMatthew G K Benesch
Department of Biochemistry, School of Molecular and Systems Medicine, Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, T6G 2H7, Canada
Chem Phys Lipids 164:62-9. 2011..ring B conformation of cholesterol (Chol) and epicholesterol (Echol), using differential scanning calorimetry (DSC)...
- Regulation of desmocollin transcription in mouse preimplantation embryosJ E Collins
Department of Biology, School of Biological Sciences, University of Southampton, UK
Development 121:743-53. 1995..Sequencing of cDNA amplification products confirmed that two splice variants, a and b, of the DSC2 gene are transcribed coordinately...
- Physicochemical, functional, and macromolecular properties of waxy yam starches discovered from "Mapuey" (Dioscorea trifida) genotypes in the Venezuelan AmazonElevina Pérez
Instituto de Ciencia y Tecnología de Alimentos ICTA, Facultad de Ciencias Universidad Central de Venezuela, Caracas, Venezuela
J Agric Food Chem 59:263-73. 2011..5 and 35.5 μm. Differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) analyses revealed onset gelatinization temperatures from 69.1 to 73...
- Dissolution stability studies of suspensions of prolonged-release diclofenac microcapsules prepared by the Wurster process: I. Eudragit-based formulation and possible drug-excipient interactionM C Adeyeye
School of Pharmacy, Duquesne University, Pittsburgh, PA 15282, USA
J Microencapsul 22:333-42. 2005..Powder X-ray diffraction (PXRD) and differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) analyses were performed using 1:1 binary, 1:1:1 ternary mixtures and a ratio equivalent to that in the formulation...
- On the temperature-responsive polymers and gels based on N-propylacrylamides and N-propylmethacrylamidesMamoru Kano
Institute of Applied Biochemistry, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8572, Japan
Langmuir 25:8649-55. 2009..aqueous dispersion was examined by a combination of turbidity measurements and differential scanning calorimetry (DSC)...
- A differential scanning calorimetry study of phosphocholines mixed with paclitaxel and its bromoacylated taxanesS Ali
The Liposome Company, Inc, One Research Way, Princeton, NJ 08540, USA
Biophys J 78:246-56. 2000High sensitivity differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) was used to investigate the thermotropic phase properties of binary mixtures of disaturated phosphocholines (PCs) and alpha-bromoacyl taxane derivatives...
- Characterization of dehydration behavior of untreated and pulverized creatine monohydrate powdersYukoh Sakata
Healthcare Research Institute, Wakunaga Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd, 1624 Shimokotachi, Kodacho, Takatagun, Hiroshima 739 1195, Japan
Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces 35:185-91. 2004..The removal of crystal water was investigated by using differential scanning calorimetry (DSC), X-ray powder diffraction and scanning electron microscopy (SEM)...
- The marginal quality of luted ceramic inserts in bovine teeth and ceramic inlays in extracted molars after occlusal loadingSiegward D Heintze
In Vitro Research, Ivoclar Vivadent, Schaan, Liechtenstein
J Adhes Dent 7:213-23. 2005....
- Water status and thermal analysis of alginate beads used in cryopreservation of plant germplasmWilliam Block
Biological Sciences Division, Natural Environment Research Council, British Antarctic Survey, High Cross, Madingley Road, Cambridge CB3 0ET, UK
Cryobiology 47:59-72. 2003..Experimental beads were assayed using a differential scanning calorimeter (DSC) with a cooling programme to -150 degrees C, followed by re-warming...
- Effects of repeated sunbed exposures on the human skin. In vivo measurements with confocal microscopyT Gambichler
Department of Dermatology, Ruhr University Bochum, Gudrunstrasse 56, Bochum D 44791, Germany
Photodermatol Photoimmunol Photomed 20:27-32. 2004..Although it is well accepted that sunbed exposure significantly increases melanin pigmentation, its capacity to induce epidermal thickening is discussed controversially...
- Thermal porosity analysis of croscarmellose sodium and sodium starch glycolate by differential scanning calorimetryDamrongsak Faroongsarng
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Prince of Songkla University, Hat Yai, Songkhla, Thailand 90112
AAPS PharmSciTech 4:E67. 2003The aim of the study was to demonstrate the applicability of differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) on porosity analysis for cellulose and starch...
- Further characterization of theobroma oil-beeswax admixtures as lipid matrices for improved drug delivery systemsA A Attama
Department of Pharmaceutics, University of Nigeria, Enugu State, Nigeria
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 64:294-306. 2006..The admixtures were analyzed by differential scanning calorimetry (DSC), small angle X-ray diffraction (SAXD), wide angle X-ray diffraction (WAXD), and isothermal heat conduction ..
- Study of secondary relaxation in disordered plastic crystals of isocyanocyclohexane, cyanocyclohexane, and 1-cyanoadamantaneL P Singh
School of Physical Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi 110 067, India
J Chem Phys 129:094501. 2008..Differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) was also employed as a supporting technique...
- Raman scattering boson peak and differential scanning calorimetry studies of the glass transition in tellurium-zinc oxide glassesE Stavrou
Department of Physics, National Technical University of Athens, Athens, Greece
J Phys Condens Matter 22:195103. 2010Raman scattering and differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) measurements have been carried out on four mixed tellurium-zinc oxide (TeO(2))(1 - x)(ZnO)(x) (x = 0.1, 0.2, 0.3, 0...
- Assembly of desmosomal cadherins into desmosomes is isoform dependentK Ishii
Departments of Pathology, Dermatology, and the Robert H Lurie Cancer Center, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, Illinois, USA
J Invest Dermatol 117:26-35. 2001..Here we compared the assembly properties of desmoglein 2 (Dsg2) and desmocollin 2 (Dsc2), which are widely expressed, with Dsg1 and Dsc1, which are expressed in the differentiated layers of complex ..
- Differential scanning calorimetry study of glycerinated rabbit psoas muscle fibres in intermediate state of ATP hydrolysisTimea Dergez
Institute of Bioanalysis Faculty of Medicine, H 7624 Pecs, Hungary
BMC Struct Biol 7:41. 2007..The energetics of long functioning intermediate states of ATP hydrolysis cycle was studied in muscle fibres by differential scanning calorimetry (DSC).
- Repression of the desmocollin 2 gene expression in human colon cancer cells is relieved by the homeodomain transcription factors Cdx1 and Cdx2Shinsuke Funakoshi
Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Mol Cancer Res 6:1478-90. 2008..Desmocollin 2 (DSC2) is a cadherin superfamily member and a critical component of desmosomes found in intestinal epithelium...
- Gelation of edible blue-green algae protein isolate (Spirulina platensis Strain Pacifica): thermal transitions, rheological properties, and molecular forces involvedI S Chronakis
Physical Chemistry 1, Center for Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Lund University, Box 124, S 221 00 Lund, Sweden
J Agric Food Chem 49:888-98. 2001..Spirulina platensis strain Pacifica were characterized by visible absorption, differential scanning calorimetry (DSC), viscometry, and dynamic oscillatory rheological measurements...
- Human cerebral blood volume (CBV) measured by dynamic susceptibility contrast MRI and 99mTc-RBC SPECTChristian Engvall
Department of Anesthesiology, University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
J Neurosurg Anesthesiol 20:41-4. 2008..Recently, dynamic susceptibility contrast (DSC) magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), has also been successfully used for this purpose...
- Novel lipid-based formulations enhancing the in vitro dissolution and permeability characteristics of a poorly water-soluble model drug, piroxicamSunil Prabhu
College of Pharmacy, Western University of Health Sciences, Pomona, CA 91766, USA
Int J Pharm 301:209-16. 2005..In addition, physical characterization studies using differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) were also performed...
- Cloning, sequence analysis and expression pattern of mouse desmocollin 2 (DSC2), a cadherin-like adhesion moleculeJ E Lorimer
Cancer Research Campaign Epithelial Morphogenesis Research Group, School of Biological Sciences, University of Manchester, UK
Mol Membr Biol 11:229-36. 1994..determined the full cDNA sequence of a murine desmocollin, the homologue of human and bovine type 2 desmocollins (DSC2), and studied its tissue distribution and expression in stratified epithelia. An 8...
- Hierarchical expression of desmosomal cadherins during stratified epithelial morphogenesis in the mouseI A King
Division of Membrane Biology, National Institute for Medical Research, London, UK
Differentiation 62:83-96. 1997..genes appear to be transcribed in hierarchical, overlapping temporal and spatial patterns extending from DSG2 to DSC1. DSG2 was the most uniformly expressed message in all E12...
- Assessment of splice variant-specific functions of desmocollin 1 in the skinXing Cheng
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Mol Cell Biol 24:154-63. 2004Desmocollin 1 (Dsc1) is part of a desmosomal cell adhesion receptor formed in terminally differentiating keratinocytes of stratified epithelia...
- The impact of granulocyte colony stimulating factor at content of donor lymphocytes collected for cellular immunotherapyMutlu Arat
Ankara University Faculty of Medicine, Ibni Sina Hospital, Department of Hematology, Sihhiye, 06100 Ankara, Turkey
Transfus Apher Sci 30:9-15. 2004..We aimed to clarify the dose effect of rhG-CSF on lymphocyte subpopulations (CD3+, CD3+4+, CD3+8+, CD19+, CD3-16+56+) cells and CD34+ HSC...
- Comparative differential scanning calorimetric and FTIR and 31P-NMR spectroscopic studies of the effects of cholesterol and androstenol on the thermotropic phase behavior and organization of phosphatidylcholine bilayersT P McMullen
Department of Biochemistry, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
Biophys J 66:741-52. 1994..of aqueous dispersions of members of a homologous series of linear saturated diacyl PCs1 using high sensitivity DSC. We have also employed FTIR and 31P-NMR spectroscopy to study the comparative effects of androstenol and ..
- Influence of chlorpheniramine maleate on topical hydroxypropylcellulose films produced by hot-melt extrusionM A Repka
Department of Pharmaceutics, School of Pharmacy, The University of Mississippi, 38677 1848, USA
Pharm Dev Technol 6:297-304. 2001..Glass transition temperatures and thermal analysis of the extruded films were determined utilizing a DSC 2920 Modulated DSC and Thermal Analyst 2000 software...
- Molecular characteristics of astaxanthin and beta-carotene in the phospholipid monolayer and their distributions in the phospholipid bilayerA Shibata
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, The University of Tokushima, Shomachi, Tokushima 770 8505, Japan
Chem Phys Lipids 113:11-22. 2001..of the phospholipid bilayers were examined by the monolayer technique and differential scanning calorimetry (DSC). We found from the monolayer study that beta-carotene had an amphiphilic nature...
- Effect of plasticizer on release kinetics of diclofenac sodium pellets coated with Eudragit RS 30 DGolam Kibria
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Dhaka, Dhaka, 1000 Bangladesh
AAPS PharmSciTech 9:1240-6. 2008..Thermal properties of drug and drug-loaded beads were studied using differential scanning calorimeter (DSC)...
- Interaction of a peptide model of a hydrophobic transmembrane alpha-helical segment of a membrane protein with phosphatidylethanolamine bilayers: differential scanning calorimetric and Fourier transform infrared spectroscopic studiesY P Zhang
Department of Biochemistry, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
Biophys J 68:847-57. 1995High-sensitivity differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) and Fourier transform infrared (FTIR) spectroscopy were used to study the interaction of a synthetic alpha-helical hydrophobic transmembrane peptide, Acetyl-Lys2-Gly-Leu24-Lys2-Ala-..
- In vitro simulation of solid-solid dehydration, rehydration, and solidification of trehalose dihydrate using thermal and vibrational spectroscopic techniquesShan Yang Lin
Biopharmaceutics Laboratory, Department of Medical Research and Education, Veterans General Hospital Taipei, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
Pharm Res 20:1926-31. 2003..The processes of dehydration, rehydration, and solidification of trehalose dihydrate were examined to simulate it in the drying and wetting states...
- A calorimetry and light scattering study of the formation and shape transition of mixed micelles of EO20PO68EO20 triblock copolymer (P123) and nonionic surfactant (C12EO6)David Löf
Physical Chemistry 1, Chemical Center, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
J Phys Chem B 111:5911-20. 2007..EO20PO68EO20 (P123) has been investigated by means of isothermal titration and differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) as well as static and dynamic light scattering (SLS and DLS)...
- Differential scanning calorimetry with curve-fitting program used to quantitatively analyze the polymorphic transformation of famotidine in the compressed compactWen Ting Cheng
Department of Medical Research and Education, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 34:1368-75. 2008Differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) combined with a curve-fitting program was utilized to quantitatively determine the polymorphic composition of famotidine in the compacts prepared by different compression treatments...
- Formulation and characterization of injectable poly(DL-lactide-co-glycolide) implants loaded with N-acetylcysteine, a MMP inhibitorKashappa Goud H Desai
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Michigan, 428 Church St, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 1065, USA
Pharm Res 25:586-97. 2008..e., millicylinders) with microencapsulated N-acetylcysteine (NAC) for site-specific controlled NAC release, for potential chemopreventive applications in persons with previously excised head and neck cancers...
- Trends and seasonality of reproductive performance in Florida and Georgia dairy herds from 1976 to 2002A de Vries
Department of Animal Sciences, University of Florida, Gainesville, 32611, USA
J Dairy Sci 88:3155-65. 2005..Annual pregnancy rates (PR) for 71 to 364 d since last calving (DSC; PR(71-364)) decreased from 21.6% in 1977 to 1979, to 12% in 2000 to 2002...
- Structural studies of agar-gelatin complex coacervates by small angle neutron scattering, rheology and differential scanning calorimetryS Santinath Singh
Polymer and Biophysics Laboratory, School of Physical Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi 110016, India
Int J Biol Macromol 41:301-7. 2007..scattering (SANS), rheology (in both flow and temperature scan modes) and differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) in order to probe the microscopic structure of this dense protein-polysaccharide-rich phase...
- Itraconazole/TPGS/Aerosil200 solid dispersions: characterization, physical stability and in vivo performanceBernard Van Eerdenbrugh
Laboratory for Pharmacotechnology and Biopharmacy, K U Leuven, Gasthuisberg O and N2, Herestraat 49, box 921, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Eur J Pharm Sci 38:270-8. 2009..3% and 7.8%. X-ray powder diffraction (XRPD), solid state NMR (SSNMR) and differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) evaluation on the powders revealed the formation of amorphous itraconazole and the absence of glassy itraconazole...
- Analyzing protein folding cooperativity by differential scanning calorimetry and NMR spectroscopyPatrick Farber
Department of Chemistry, McGill University, 801 Sherbrooke Street West, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3A 2K6
J Am Chem Soc 132:6214-22. 2010..for studying the cooperativity of rapid protein folding with a combination of differential scanning calorimetry (DSC), nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) relaxation dispersion experiments, and an analysis of the temperature dependence ..
- Conformational study of red kidney bean (Phaseolus vulgaris L.) protein isolate (KPI) by tryptophan fluorescence and differential scanning calorimetryShou Wei Yin
Department of Food Science and Technology, South China University of Technology, Guangzhou, People s Republic of China
J Agric Food Chem 59:241-8. 2011Fluorescence and differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) were used to study changes in the conformation of red kidney bean (Phaseolus vulgaris L.) protein isolate (KPI) under various environmental conditions...
- The life, achievements and legacy of a great Canadian investigator: Professor Boris Petrovich Babkin (1877-1950)Ivan T Beck
Department of Medicine and Physiology, Gastrointestinal Disease Research Unit, Queen s University, Hotel Dieu Hospital, Kingston, Canada
Can J Gastroenterol 20:579-88. 2006The present paper reviews the life and achievements of Professor Boris Petrovich Babkin (MD DSc LLD)...
- Voxel-based correlation between coregistered single-photon emission computed tomography and dynamic susceptibility contrast magnetic resonance imaging in subjects with suspected Alzheimer diseaseL Cavallin
Division of Radiology, Karolinska Institute, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Acta Radiol 49:1154-61. 2008..Neuroimaging techniques such as magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and single-photon emission computed tomography (SPECT) could be valuable in the differential diagnosis of Alzheimer disease, as well as in assessing prognosis...
- Differentiation of primary central nervous system lymphoma and high-grade glioma with dynamic susceptibility contrast-enhanced perfusion magnetic resonance imagingWeihua Liao
Department of Radiology, Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha, Hunan, China
Acta Radiol 50:217-25. 2009..Dynamic susceptibility contrast-enhanced perfusion magnetic resonance imaging (DSC perfusion MRI) can provide in vivo assessment of the microvasculature in intracranial mass lesions.
- Differential scanning calorimetryCharles H Spink
Department of Chemistry, State University of New York Cortland, Cortland, New York 13045, USA
Methods Cell Biol 84:115-41. 2008Differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) has emerged as a powerful experimental technique for determining thermodynamic properties of biomacromolecules...
- Thermodynamic and spectroscopic characterization of the berenil and pentamidine complexes with the dodecanucleotide d(CGCGATATCGCG)2H U Schmitz
Abteilung Physikalische Chemie, , Bundesrepublik Deutschland
Z Naturforsch C 50:263-74. 1995..This value was confirmed by differential scanning calorimetry (DSC). In addition we obtained the thermodynamic data delta HDSC = -405.1 kJ/mol, delta SDSC = -1290 J/mol...
- Separation of enantiomers on a chiral stationary phase based on ovoglycoprotein. II. Comparison of chiral recognition properties with crude ovomucoidJ Haginaka
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Mukogawa Women's University, Nishinomiya, Japan
J Chromatogr A 777:241-7. 1997..When crude OMCHI was reacted with N,N'-disuccinimidylcarbonate (DSC)-activated aminopropyl-silica gels, the ratio of bound OGCHI to that of totally bound protein was 0.23...
- Probing the ethanol-induced chain interdigitations in gel-state bilayers of mixed-chain phosphatidylcholinesC Huang
Department of Biochemistry, Health Sciences Center, University of Virginia, Charlottesville 22908, USA
Biophys J 72:2702-9. 1997Using high-resolution differential scanning calorimetry (DSC), we have studied the effects of ethanol concentrations, [EtOH], on the main phase transition temperatures (T[m]) of the following mixed-chain phosphatidylcholines (PCs): C(15):..
- Inclusion complexation and solubilization of paclitaxel by bridged bis(beta-cyclodextrin)s containing a tetraethylenepentaamino spacerYu Liu
Department of Chemistry, State Key Laboratory of Elemento organic Chemistry, Nankai University, Tianjin 300071, P R China
J Med Chem 46:4634-7. 2003..bis(beta-cyclodextrin)s and characterized by means of (1)H NMR, SEM, powder X-ray diffraction patterns, TG-DTA, DSC, FT-IR, and 2D NOESY. The cyclodextrins were able to solubilize paclitaxel to levels as high as 2 mg/mL...
- Cotton fibers encapsulated with homo- and block copolymers: synthesis by the atom transfer radical polymerization grafting-from technique and solid-state NMR dynamic investigationsValter Castelvetro
Dipartimento di Chimica e Chimica Industriale, Universita di Pisa, Via Risorgimento 35, 56126 Pisa, Italy
Biomacromolecules 8:498-508. 2007..by Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy, scanning electron microscopy, differential scanning calorimetry (DSC), thermogravimetric analysis, and solid-state NMR (high-resolution 13C cross-polarization magic angle spinning, 1H ..
- [Influence of mast cell function on the analgesic effect of acupuncture of "Zusanli" (ST 36) in rats]Di Zhang
College of Acu moxibustion, Shanghai University of Chinese Medicine, Shanghai
Zhen Ci Yan Jiu 32:147-52. 2007..To investigate the role of mast cells in acupuncture analgesia in rats...
- Mechanism of formation of the C-terminal beta-hairpin of the B3 domain of the immunoglobulin binding protein G from Streptococcus. I. Importance of hydrophobic interactions in stabilization of beta-hairpin structureAgnieszka Skwierawska
Laboratory of Biopolymer Structure, Intercollegiate Faculty of Biotechology, University of Gdansk, Medical University of Gdansk, Kładki 24, 80 822 Gdansk, Poland
Proteins 75:931-53. 2009..occurs near the melting temperature of this peptide (T(m) = 310 K) measured by differential scanning calorimetry (DSC)...
- DSC studies to evaluate the impact of bio-oil on cold flow properties and oxidation stability of bio-dieselManuel Garcia-Perez
Biological System Engineering Department, Washington State University, Pullman, WA 99164 6120, USA
Bioresour Technol 101:6219-24. 2010This paper describes the use of Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC) to evaluate the impact of varying mix ratios of bio-oil (pyrolysis oil) and bio-diesel on the oxidation stability and on some cold flow properties of resulting ..
- Backstepping control for periodically time-varying systems using high-order neural network and Fourier series expansionWeisheng Chen
Department of Applied Mathematics, Xidian University, Xi an 710071, PR China
ISA Trans 49:283-92. 2010..The dynamic surface control (DSC) approach is used to solve the problem of 'explosion of complexity' in the backstepping design procedure...
- Curcumin-loaded hydrogel nanoparticles: application in anti-malarial therapy and toxicological evaluationPrajakta P Dandekar
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Technology, Institute of Chemical Technology, N P Marg, Matunga, Mumbai 400019, Maharashtra, India
J Pharm Sci 99:4992-5010. 2010..drug content of greater than 99% and presence of amorphous drug when analyzed by differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) which may result in possible improved absorption of curcumin...
- Production of polyhydroxyalkanoates (PHAs) with canola oil as carbon sourceM R López-Cuellar
Biotechnology and Bioengineering, CINVESTAV, Av IPN 2508, Zacatenco Gustavo A, Madero, Mexico, D F, Mexico
Int J Biol Macromol 48:74-80. 2011..The polymer was purified from dried cells and analyzed by FTIR, NMR and DSC using PHB as reference. The polymer produced by W...
- Synthesis, characterization, and modeling of naphthyl-terminated sp carbon chains: dinaphthylpolyynesFranco Cataldo
Actinium Chemical Research, Via Casilina 1626 A, I 00133 Rome, Italy
J Phys Chem B 114:14834-41. 2010..This result is also supported by DFT-LDA simulations. Finally, we probed the stability of the dinaphthylpolyynes in a solid-state precipitate by Fourier-transform infrared spectroscopy and by differential scanning calorimetry (DSC).
- Can the thermodynamic melting temperature of sucrose, glucose, and fructose be measured using rapid-scanning differential scanning calorimetry (DSC)?Joo Won Lee
Department of Food Science and Human Nutrition, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, 399A Bevier Hall, 905 South Goodwin Avenue, Urbana, Illinois 61801, United States
J Agric Food Chem 59:3306-10. 2011..of thermal decomposition and reach the thermodynamic melting temperature of these sugars using a new rapid-scanning DSC. Indium, a thermodynamic melting material, and sucrose, glucose, and fructose were analyzed at three heating rates ..
- pH-sensitive hydrogels based on semi-interpenetrating network (semi-IPN) of chitosan and polyvinyl pyrrolidone for clarithromycin releaseSubhash S Vaghani
Jodhpur National University, Rajasthan, India
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 37:1160-9. 2011..was studied by Fourier transform infrared (FTIR) spectroscopic analysis, differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) and powder X-ray diffraction (p-XRD) study, which confirmed proper formation of semi-IPN and stability of ..
- Compatibility study between ketoprofen and pharmaceutical excipients used in solid dosage formsBogdan Tiţa
University of Medicine and Pharmacy Victor Babes, Faculty of Pharmacy, Eftimie Murgu Square 2, Timisoara 300041, Romania
J Pharm Biomed Anal 56:221-7. 2011Thermogravimetry/derivative thermogravimetry (TG/DTG) and differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) techniques were used for assessing the compatibility between ketoprofen (KT) and several excipients as: corn starch, microcrystalline ..
- Characterization of the complex of human-like collagen with calciumYuanYuan Yu
Shaanxi Key Laboratory of Degradable Biomedical Materials, School of Chemical Engineering, Northwest University, 710069 Xi an, China
Biol Trace Elem Res 145:33-8. 2012..and circular dichroism spectra, thermogravimetric (TG) analysis, and differential scanning calorimetry (DSC)...
- Effect of lipid molecule headgroup mismatch on non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs induced membrane fusionSutapa Mondal Roy
Chemical Sciences Division, Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics, 1 AF, Bidhannagar, Kolkata 700064, India
Langmuir 27:15054-64. 2011..Transmission electron microscopy (TEM) and differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) were used to characterize the DMPC-DMPE mixed vesicles...
- Effect of glucose on the lactoferrin's conformation and its effect on MC 3T3-E1 cell proliferationPengcheng Wen
College of Food Science and Engineering, Gansu Agricultural University, Lanzhou, China
Protein J 31:300-5. 2012..conformation and thermodynamic stability of LF was detected by spectroscopic and differential scanning calorimetry (DSC)...
- Effect of thickness on the thermal properties of hydrogen-bonded LbL assembliesChoonghyun Sung
Artie McFerrin Department of Chemical Engineering, Texas A and M University, College Station, Texas 77843, United States
Langmuir 28:8100-9. 2012..LbL assemblies in both bulk and ultrathin films using modulated differential scanning calorimetry (modulated DSC) and temperature-controlled ellipsometry...
- [The development of co-amorphous drug systems]Jing Yao
Pharmaceutical College of Henan University, Kaifeng 475001, China
Yao Xue Xue Bao 48:648-54. 2013..and intermolecular interactions of co-amorphous drug systems may be verified by differential scanning calorimetry (DSC), X-ray powder diffraction (XRPD), Raman spectroscopy (RS) and Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy (FT-IR)...
- Kinetics and conformational stability studies of recombinant leucine aminopeptidaseAna V Hernández-Moreno
Polymer and Biopolymer Research Group, CINVESTAV Querétaro, Qro, Mexico
Int J Biol Macromol 64:306-12. 2014..6 ± 0.1 and 6.1 kcal mol(-1) for CD and Nano-Differential Scanning Calorimetry (Nano-DSC), respectively. Enzyme activity was assessed with L-leucine-p-nitroanilide (L-pNA) as substrate...
- Kinetic study on the Cs(x)H(₃-x)PW₁₂O₄₀/Fe-SiO₂ nanocatalyst for biodiesel productionMostafa Feyzi
Faculty of Chemistry, Razi University, P O Box 6714967346, Kermanshah, Iran Nanoscience and Nanotechnology Research Center NNRC, Razi University, P O Box 6714967346, Kermanshah, Iran
ScientificWorldJournal 2013:612712. 2013..electron microscopy (SEM), X-ray diffraction (XRD), Fourier transform-infrared spectroscopy (FT-IR), N₂ adsorption-desorption measurements methods, thermal gravimetric analysis (TGA), and differential scanning calorimetry (DSC).
- Peptide conjugated polymeric nanoparticles as a carrier for targeted delivery of docetaxelHitesh Kulhari
IICT RMIT Research Centre, CSIR Indian Institute of Chemical Technology, Hyderabad, India Medicinal Chemistry and Pharmacology Division, CSIR Indian Institute of Chemical Technology, Hyderabad, India
Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces 117:166-73. 2014..FTIR), atomic force microscopy (AFM), powder X-ray diffraction (PXRD), differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) and thermogravimetric analysis. The particle diameter and zeta potential of BDNP were 136±3.95 nm and -10.8±2...
- Modified cellulose nanocrystal for vitamin C deliverySeyedeh Parinaz Akhlaghi
Department of Chemical Engineering, Waterloo Institute for Nanotechnology, University of Waterloo, 200 University Avenue West, Waterloo, Ontario, N2L 3G1, Canada
AAPS PharmSciTech 16:306-14. 2015..The formation of the complex was confirmed using DSC and UV-vis spectrophotometry, and TEM was used to study the morphology of the complexes...
- Combination of (M)DSC and surface analysis to study the phase behaviour and drug distribution of ternary solid dispersionsJoke Meeus
Drug Delivery and Disposition, KU Leuven, Department of Pharmaceutical and Pharmacological Sciences, Campus Gasthuisberg ON2, Herestraat 49 b921, 3000, Leuven, Belgium
Pharm Res 32:1407-16. 2015..technique to obtain information on phase behaviour of a sample is (modulated) differential scanning calorimetry ((M)DSC)...
- Bifunctional Zn(II) complexes for recognition of non-canonical thymines in DNA bulges and G-quadruplexesKevin E Siters
Department of Chemistry, University at Buffalo, State University of New York, Buffalo, New York 14260, USA
Dalton Trans 44:3708-16. 2015..groups including quinolinone (QMC), coumarin (MCC) and quinoline (CQC) derivatives or a non-planar dansyl group (DSC). Macrocyclic complexes with three fused rings including an anthraquinone pendent (ATQ) were also studied...
- Cholesterol anchored arabinogalactan for asialoglycoprotein receptor targeting: synthesis, characterization, and proof of concept of hepatospecific deliveryPankaj Omprakash Pathak
Department of Pharmaceutics, Bombay College of Pharmacy, Kalina, Mumbai 400098, Maharashtra, India
Carbohydr Res 408:33-43. 2015..nuclear magnetic spectroscopy (NMR), size exclusion chromatography (SEC) and differential scanning calorimetry (DSC)...
- Thermodynamics parameters for binding of halogenated benzotriazole inhibitors of human protein kinase CK2αMaria Winiewska
Institute of Biochemistry and Biophysics PAS, Pawinskiego 5A, 02 106 Warszawa, Poland
Biochim Biophys Acta 1854:1708-17. 2015..Thermal stability of protein-ligand complexes, monitored by calorimetric (DSC) and optical (DSF) methods, showed that the increase in the mid-point temperature for unfolding of protein-ligand ..
- In-vitro degradation characteristics of poly(e-caprolactone)/poly(glycolic acid) scaffolds fabricated via solid-state cryomillingJohn B Jonnalagadda
Department of Industrial Engineering, Texas Tech University, TX, USA
J Biomater Appl 30:472-83. 2015..and material properties were analyzed using X-ray powder diffraction (XRD), differential scanning calorimetry (DSC), and Fourier transform infrared (FTIR) spectroscopy...
- Automatic brain tumour detection and neovasculature assessment with multiseries MRI analysisPawel Szwarc
Silesian University of Technology, Faculty of Biomedical Engineering, Zabrze, Poland
Comput Med Imaging Graph 46:178-90. 2015..84% sensitivity, 99.89% specificity and 71.83% Dice Similarity Coefficient (DSC) for twenty analysed studies of subjects with brain tumours diagnosed.
- Synthesis of piroxicam loaded novel electrospun biodegradable nanocomposite scaffolds for periodontal regenerationAriba Farooq
Department of Chemistry, The Islamia University of Bahawalpur, Bahawalpur 63100, Pakistan Interdisciplinary Research Center in Biomedical Materials, COMSATS Institute of Information Technology, Lahore, 54000, Pakistan
Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl 56:104-13. 2015..of the materials was investigated by thermal gravimetric analysis (TGA) and differential scanning calorimetry (DSC)...
- Dynamic Susceptibility Contrast Perfusion-Weighted Magnetic Resonance Imaging and Diffusion-Weighted Magnetic Resonance Imaging in Differentiating Recurrent Head and Neck Cancer From Postradiation ChangesAhmed Abdel Khalek Abdel Razek
From the Departments of Diagnostic Radiology, Radiotherapy, and Pathology, Mansoura Faculty of Medicine, Mansoura, Egypt
J Comput Assist Tomogr 39:849-54. 2015The aim of this study was to assess dynamic susceptibility contrast (DSC) perfusion-weighted magnetic resonance (MR) imaging and diffusion-weighted MR imaging in differentiating recurrent head and neck cancer from postradiation changes.
- The development of a bilayer structure of poly(propylene carbonate)/poly(3-hydroxybutyrate) blends from the demixed meltShujing Zhang
State Key Laboratory of Chemical Resource Engineering, Beijing University of Chemical Technology, Beijing 100029, China
Phys Chem Chem Phys 17:32225-31. 2015..carbonate) (PPC) and poly(3-hydroxybutyrate) (PHB) blends was analyzed by differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) and polarized optical microscopy (POM)...
- Enhanced bioavailability of cinnarizine nanosuspensions by particle size engineering: Optimization and physicochemical investigationsBibaswan Mishra
Gayatri College of Pharmacy, Sambalpur, Odisha 768200, India Electronic address
Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl 63:62-9. 2016..The morphology of nanosuspensions was found almost spherical by SEM observation. DSC and FT-IR studies revealed lack of significant interactions between CIN and PVA...
- Peroxynitrite-induced structural perturbations in human IgG: A physicochemical studyMir Yasir Arfat
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, 202002, U P, India
Arch Biochem Biophys 603:72-80. 2016..structural changes in IgG have been studied by UV-visible, fluorescence, CD, FT-IR, DLS spectroscopy and DSC as well as by SDS-PAGE...
- CRYOPRESERVATION OF DROSOPHILA MELANOGASTER EMBRYOSPETER STEPONKUS; Fiscal Year: 1993..stability of the amorphous state of these solutions will be characterized using differential scanning calorimetry (DSC)...
- EFFECT OF N-3 FATTY ACIDS ON HDL LIPID INTERACTIONJohn Parks; Fiscal Year: 1992..by circular dichroism and fluorescence spectroscopy, particle stability by differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) and lipid fluidity by proton NMR spectroscopy...
- DSC OF IMMOBILIZED PROTEINSJOHN SHRIVER; Fiscal Year: 1992..The goal is to extend the capabilities of DSC to allow thermodynamic studies of proteins which unfold irreversibly in solution...
- ULTRASENSITIVE CALORIMETRY SYSTEM FOR BIOMOLECULESPETER GETTINS; Fiscal Year: 2001..ultrasensitive isothermal titration calorimetry (ITC) unit and an ultrasensitive differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) unit...
- TRANSMEMBRANE DOMAINS IN MEMBRANE FUSIONJohn Lenard; Fiscal Year: 2003..be assessed by circular dichroism (CD), nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR), and differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) using model peptides that possess the authentic VSV G protein TMD, compared with fusion inactive analogs lacking ..
- DOMAIN INTERACTION IN GLOBULAR AND TRANSMEMBRANE PROTEINJOHN BRANDTS; Fiscal Year: 1993..A new thermodynamic model for multidomain proteins, based on results from differential scanning calorimetry (DSC), has been developed and will be tested to determine its usefullness...
- MICROCALORIMETRY FACILITYBarbara Brodsky; Fiscal Year: 2001..Differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) allows one to study thermal transitions in a wide range of biological systems...
- RHODOPSIN STRUCTURE AND ENVIRONMENT IN VISIONARLENE ALBERT; Fiscal Year: 2000..Differential scanning calorimetry (DSC), circular dichroism (CD) and two-dimensional NMR will be used to determine the structures and stability of the ..
- Defining the Effect of Mutations on Collagen FoldingMichael Bryan; Fiscal Year: 2007..propagates through a glycine mutation in Ol using Circular Dichroism (CD) and Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC)...
- ADVANCED HIGH-RESOLUTION TWO-DIMENSIONAL X-RAY DETECTORJACQUELINE JOHNSON; Fiscal Year: 2004..initial characterization will be done at Argonne National Laboratory (ANL) using Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC) and Raman Spectroscopy...
- Intracellular Phase Diagram Creation Using a Micro-Differential Scanning CalorimeGARY L SOLBREKKEN; Fiscal Year: 2010..diagram will be accomplished by designing and building a micro-scale differential scanning calorimeter ([unreadable]DSC) that is capable of detecting the phase transition of a single cell in media...
- Control of Bacterial Nucleoid StructureJohn W Shriver; Fiscal Year: 2011..with a systematic characterization of protein solution properties and their linkage to DNA binding using ITC, CD, DSC, and analytical ultracentrifugation...
- Sequence Effects of Arylamine-DNA Adducts: Repair and ReplicationBongsup P Cho; Fiscal Year: 2013..spectroscopy, but also innovative chip-based surface plasma resonance (SPR) and differential scanning calorimetric (DSC) procedures, creating a powerful suite of biophysical methodologies...
- Roles of Hox genes in skin and hair follicle developmentAlexander Awgulewitsch; Fiscal Year: 2010..methods identified Foxql and Foxnl (mutated in nude and satin), proto-oncogene Junb, desmosomal cadherin gene Dsc2, and a several hair keratin genes as putative targets of Hoxc13 regulation...
- FORCES STABILIZING NATIVE PROTEIN STRUCTURESPETER PRIVALOV; Fiscal Year: 2003..and all its components, over a broad temperature range and solvent conditions by differential scanning calorimetry (DSC), and (c) the study of the dynamic properties (mobility of groups) in this temperature range and solvent conditions ..
- Inhibition of Autophagy Enhances Anti-Angiogenic Efficacy in Intracranial GliomaMartin M Pike; Fiscal Year: 2013..Then dynamic susceptibility contrast MRI (DSC-MRI) is done to measure cerebral blood flow (CBF)...
- Vinay K Puduvalli; Fiscal Year: 2015..The study is also designed to include DCE/DSC MR imaging to measure changes in perfusion and diffusion within the tumor as a noninvasive marker of treatment ..
- Scott J Hultgren; Fiscal Year: 2016..completed by the chaperone in a process that catalyzes folding that we termed donor strand complementation (DSC)...
- PETER JOHN ESPENSHADE; Fiscal Year: 2014..C. albicans contains homologs of all subunits in this Defective for SREBP Cleavage (Dsc) E3 ligase complex. Here, we bring our studies of SREBP and the Dsc E3 ligase complex to C. albicans...
- Adrian Erlebacher; Fiscal Year: 2016..In unpublished data, we have found that DSC differentiation also entails the silencing of Cxcl12 encoding the multifunctional chemokine CXCL12, and Csf1 ..
- Cross-talk Between Desmosomal Proteins and Signaling Pathways in the SkinPeter J Koch; Fiscal Year: 2012..2.) To determine the effects of Wnt Signaling on Dsc2 and Dsc3 gene expression during development. 3...
- DAVID ALAN FEINBERG; Fiscal Year: 2016..v. injections of a gadoliium based contrast bolus are widely used clinically. Both brain perfusion methods, ASL and DSC techniques, involve making images very fast to identify the passage of blood through the capillary compartment...
- Role of the DSC1 family of cation channels in insect neurophysiology and neurotoxChun Fang Wu; Fiscal Year: 2012..Two decades ago, a sodium channel-like gene, called DSC1 (Drosophila sodium channel 1), was cloned from Drosophila melanogaster...
- UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA CLINICAL TRIALS UNITFred R Sattler; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The Clinical Trials Unit (CTU) at DSC was the number one performing Unit for relative cost per weighted accrual for the past 5 years, number two for % enrollment of minorities for the past three ..
- UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA CLINICAL TRIALS UNITFred R Sattler; Fiscal Year: 2011DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The Clinical Trials Unit (CTU) at DSC was the number one performing Unit for relative cost per weighted accrual for the past 5 years, number two for % enrollment of minorities for the past three years ..
- Valerian E Kagan; Fiscal Year: 2014Carbon Nanotube Biodegradation by Neutrophil Myeloperoxidase PI: Valerian E. Kagan, PhD, DSc Widespread applications of engineered nanomaterials, particularly carbon nanotubes (CNT), in different spheres of industry, consumer products, ..
- Adherence Assessment for SupplementsMichael N Harris; Fiscal Year: 2011..boxes, heating/stirring mantles, spectrometers (UV-VIS-NIR), NMR, crystallography, fluorimeters, FTIR, TGA and DSC, microscopes, a customized EDAX Eagle III MXRF spectrometer and a customized EDAX Eagle II MXRF spectrometer and ..
- Fernando E Boada; Fiscal Year: 2016..Dynamic, susceptibility-weighted contrast-enhanced MRI (DSC MRI) will be used to measure relative cerebral blood volume (rCBV) and the vascular permeability-surface area ..
- Pamela C Yelick; Fiscal Year: 2014..We hypothesize that improved knowledge of dental stem cell (DSC) properties, and characteristics, combined with improved knowledge of tissue engineering strategies to reliably ..
- Danny Jj Wang; Fiscal Year: 2014..Dynamic susceptibility contrast enhanced (DSC) techniques have been the main MR perfusion imaging method used in AIS...
- CHRISTOPHER CHAD QUARLES; Fiscal Year: 2015..overall goals of the proposed research are to develop dynamic susceptibility contrast magnetic resonance imaging (DSC-MRI) methods for the simultaneous assessment of tumor perfusion, permeability and cellularity in cerebral and non-..
- Development of Bioresponsive Lipids for Intracellular DeliveryDavid H Thompson; Fiscal Year: 2012..before and after triggering, will also be performed using 31P NMR, monolayer film balance, C-TEM/C-SEM, and DSC. The most efficient fusogens will be assayed, using flow cytometry and laser confocal microscopy techniques, for ..
- The Colon Cancer Family Registry: AustralasiaJohn L Hopper; Fiscal Year: 2011..III will conduct all of the Colon CFR mutation testing for BRAF and PMS2 and perform the IHC work for Seattle and DSC consortium registries. We have been selected to be a major recruiter of families...
- Michelle P Salyers; Fiscal Year: 2014..A decisional support center (DSC) within a mental health clinic is a novel approach to SDM that incorporates computer technology, peer support, and ..
- West Coast AIDS and Cancer Specimen Resource (ACSR)MICHAEL SHANNON MCGRATH; Fiscal Year: 2012..programs The WC-ACSR is centered at San Francisco General Hospital and has major specimen referral sites at UCSF, DSC, UCLA, University of Hawaii and San Diego...
- Microvascular Measures of Perfusion in Stroke RecanalizationMichael E Moseley; Fiscal Year: 2013..submission is to identify and improve cerebral blood flow (CBF) techniques from dynamic susceptibility contrast (DSC) perfusion-weighted MRI (PWI) methods that can depict both restoration of flow together with the microvascular ..
- Product Development of a Brain Tumor Perfusion Imaging TechnologyTIMOTHY D DONDLINGER; Fiscal Year: 2011..1. With this proprietary technology DSC (dynamic susceptibility contrast) and DCE (dynamic contrast enhanced) perfusion data can be simultaneously ..
- Neil Segil; Fiscal Year: 2016See instructions): The University of Southern California Neuroscience Graduate Program (DSC NGP) and the House Ear Institute (HEI) together propose to establish a unique research training program for predoctoral, postdoctoral, and ..
- Quantitative MRI Assessment of Tumor Hypoxia and AngiogenesisCHRISTOPHER CHAD QUARLES; Fiscal Year: 2010..BOLD) measurements can reliably be used to monitor tumor oxygen variations, ii) dynamic susceptibility contrast (DSC)-MRI measures of red blood cell (RBC) flow and distribution will better delineate regions of abnormal vessel ..
- Medical Marvels Interactive Translational Research Experience (MITRE)MICHAEL FETTERS; Fiscal Year: 2009..of translational biomedical and behavioral research through a joint partnership between the Detroit Science Center (DSC) and the University of Michigan (UM), and to examine the setting of a science museum and effectiveness of an ..
- Frank B Hu; Fiscal Year: 2016..The degrees offered are the PhD in Nutritional Biochemistry, and the DSc in Nutritional Epidemiology or Public Health Nutrition...
- Protein interactions by analytical ultracentrifugationPETER GETTINS; Fiscal Year: 2007..available shared instrumentation that includes ultra high field NMR, fluorescence, and CD spectrometers and DSC and ITC calorimeters by enabling quantitative examination of the solution interactions of proteins of interest with ..
- KATHLEEN MARIE SCHMAINDA; Fiscal Year: 2016..The DEGES approach enables the simultaneous acquisition of dynamic susceptibility contrast (DSC) and dynamic contrast enhanced (DCE)-MRI perfusion data using only a single dose of gadolinium (Gd) contrast agent, ..
- The Control of Nonhuman Primate Motor and Emotional BehaviorAngela Holmes; Fiscal Year: 2009..nigra pars reticulata (SNpr), and one of its principle target regions, the deep layers of the superior colliculus (DSC)...
- Improving Quality and Achieving Equity: The Disparities Leadership ProgramJoseph R Betancourt; Fiscal Year: 2012..Faculty will include national experts at the DSC, leadership from the MGH, and leadership from several health plans across the country who are at the cutting-edge ..
- Multi-slice Perfusion MR Imaging of the Human KidneyH Gach; Fiscal Year: 2004..regional perfusion variations, and compare SPDI with quantitative multi-slice dynamic susceptibility contrast (DSC) measurements...
- Douglas H Keefe; Fiscal Year: 2016..Trainees are selected from PhD's, DSc's, and MD's in areas relevant to ongoing research programs at BTNRH on the basis of their research ..
- Naltrexone and alprazolam-induced fMRI changesCHRIS STREETER; Fiscal Year: 2005..This protocol will use Dynamic Susceptibility Contrast Magnetic Resonance Imaging (DSC MRI) to address these issues...
- ERROR CORRECTION IN DNA SYNTHESIS--A BIOCHEMICAL STUDYMYRON GOODMAN; Fiscal Year: 2009..Name Organization Role on Project Myron F. Goodman DSC Principal Investigator Phuong T. Pham USC PostDoct. Res. Assoc. Michael J. Hartenstine USC Graduate Res...
- Daniel T Laskowitz; Fiscal Year: 2014..MD), the Duke Global Health Institute (DGHI Principal Investigator: Michael Merson, MD), the Duke Stroke Center (DSC Principal Investigator: Larry Goldstein, MD) in collaboration with Peking University and the George Institute China ..
- DATA AND STATISTICS CENTER FOR THE NIDA CLINICAL TRIALS NETWORKPaul VanVeldhuisen; Fiscal Year: 2013..NIDA Clinical Trials Network (CTN) includes a Clinical Coordinating Center (CCC) and Data and Statistics Center (DSC) to advance its goals to conduct multi-site clinical trials of new science-based drug abuse treatments in community ..
- DATA AND STATISTICS CENTER FOR THE NIDA CLINICAL TRIALS NETWORKPaul C Van Veldhuisen; Fiscal Year: 2009..NIDA Clinical Trials Network (CTN) includes a Clinical Coordinating Center (CCC) and Data and Statistics Center (DSC) to advance its goals to conduct multi-site clinical trials of new science-based drug abuse treatments in community ..
- DATA AND STATISTICS CENTER FOR THE NIDA CLINICAL TRIALS NETWORKPaul VanVeldhuisen; Fiscal Year: 2012..NIDA Clinical Trials Network (CTN) includes a Clinical Coordinating Center (CCC) and Data and Statistics Center (DSC) to advance its goals to conduct multi-site clinical trials of new science-based drug abuse treatments in community ..
- DATA AND STATISTICS CENTER FOR THE NIDA CLINICAL TRIALS NETWORKPaul VanVeldhuisen; Fiscal Year: 2011
- DATA AND STATISTICS CENTER FOR THE NIDA CLINICAL TRIALS NETWORKPaul C Van Veldhuisen; Fiscal Year: 2010
- A New Multimodal Perfusion Imaging Method Using Concurrent NIRS and fMRIBLAISE DEBONNEVAL FREDERICK; Fiscal Year: 2013..CBF and CBV images simultaneously with BOLD imaging data, and avoids many pitfalls of existing methods (DSC MRI, ASL and VASO)...
- DESMOCOLLIN 1 IN EPIDERMAL DEVELOPMENT & HOMEOSTASISPeter Koch; Fiscal Year: 2005..Desmosomes in the upper layers of the epidermis contain desmocollin 1 (dsc1) which, together with desmoglein 1, forms the transmembrane core of this junction...
- INBRE: KUMC: ADMINISTRATIVE COREJOAN SHERAR HUNT; Fiscal Year: 2011..These individuals are Joan S. Hunt, PhD, DSc (40% effort), and Dianne Durham, PhD (15% effort), respectively...
- Epithelial dysfunctions in pathogenesis of cleft palateMarek Dudas; Fiscal Year: 2007..David Warburton, DSc, MD, FRCP, FRCS, and co-mentors Drs. C. Shuler and V. Kaartinen...
- NEW ENGLAND ORAL DISEASE EPIDEMIOLOGY TRAINING PROGRAMChester Douglass; Fiscal Year: 2007..Graduates will receive one of two degrees, a DSc from the Public Health School or a DMSc from the School of Dental Medicine...
- OTHER FUNCTIONS: DATA, STATISTICS, AND CLINICAL TRIAL SUPPORT FOR NIDA. N01DA-12PAUL VANHELDHUISEN; Fiscal Year: 2012..data management, and clinical trial support needs for NIDA requires an experienced Data and Statistics Center (DSC) to advance its goal in identifying science-based drug abuse treatments...
- OTHER FUNCTIONS: DATA, STATISTICS, AND CLINICAL TRIAL SUPPORT FOR NIDA. N01DA-12PAUL VANHELDHUISEN; Fiscal Year: 2013..data management, and clinical trial support needs for NIDA requires an experienced Data and Statistics Center (DSC) to advance its goal in identifying science-based drug abuse treatments...
- CBV MAPPING ASSOCIATED WITH CHANGES IN MOOD STATEMichael Henry; Fiscal Year: 2005..Research: The present study proposes to use dynamic susceptibility contrast (DSC) magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) to define changes in regional cerebral blood volume (CBV) that occur when female ..