Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: DRD2
Description: dopamine receptor D2
Alias: D2DR, D2R, D(2) dopamine receptor, dopamine D2 receptor, dopamine receptor D2 isoform, seven transmembrane helix receptor
Publications253 found, 100 shown here
- Dopamine D2 receptor TaqIA and TaqIB polymorphisms in Parkinson's diseaseEng King Tan
Department of Neurology, Singapore General Hospital, Singapore
Mov Disord 18:593-5. 2003In a case control study, we examined the association of DRD2 Taq1A and Taq1B polymorphisms and risk of PD, and evaluated the strength of linkage disequilibrium of the polymorphisms...
- Case-control association study of 59 candidate genes reveals the DRD2 SNP rs6277 (C957T) as the only susceptibility factor for schizophrenia in the Bulgarian populationElitza T Betcheva
Laboratory for Cardiovascular Diseases, SNP Research Center, The Institute of Physical and Chemical Research RIKEN, Tokyo, Japan
J Hum Genet 54:98-107. 2009..Of the 183 SNPs successfully genotyped, only 1 SNP, rs6277 (C957T) in the DRD2 gene (P=0.0010, odds ratio=1...
- Low dopamine striatal D2 receptors are associated with prefrontal metabolism in obese subjects: possible contributing factorsNora D Volkow
National Institute on Drug Abuse, Bethesda MD 20892, USA
Neuroimage 42:1537-43. 2008..activity in prefrontal brain regions implicated in inhibitory control we assessed the relationship between dopamine D2 receptor availability in striatum with brain glucose metabolism (marker of brain function) in ten morbidly obese ..
- Frontostriatal involvement in task switching depends on genetic differences in d2 receptor densityChristine Stelzel
Department of Psychology, University of Heidelberg, D 69117 Heidelberg, Germany
J Neurosci 30:14205-12. 2010Recent studies suggest an association of dopamine D2 receptor (DRD2) availability with flexibility in reward-based learning...
- Relation between obesity and blunted striatal response to food is moderated by TaqIA A1 alleleE Stice
Oregon Research Institute, 1715 Franklin Boulevard, Eugene, OR 97403, USA
Science 322:449-52. 2008..presence of the A1 allele of the TaqIA restriction fragment length polymorphism, which is associated with dopamine D2 receptor (DRD2) gene binding in the striatum and compromised striatal dopamine signaling...
- Dopamine DRD2 polymorphism alters reversal learning and associated neural activityGerhard Jocham
Cognitive Neurology Research Group, Max Planck Institute for Neurological Research, D 50931 Cologne, Germany
J Neurosci 29:3695-704. 2009In humans, presence of an A1 allele of the DRD2/ANKK1-TaqIa polymorphism is associated with reduced expression of dopamine (DA) D(2) receptors in the striatum...
- Association of the DRD2 gene Taq1A polymorphism and alcoholism: a meta-analysis of case-control studies and evidence of publication biasM R Munafò
Department of Experimental Psychology, University of Bristol, Bristol, UK
Mol Psychiatry 12:454-61. 2007We investigated the association of the dopamine D2 receptor (DRD2) Taq1A polymorphism and alcoholism, using meta-analytic techniques, and specifically undertook an investigation of possible publication bias...
- Dopamine transporter cell surface localization facilitated by a direct interaction with the dopamine D2 receptorFrank J S Lee
Department of Neuroscience, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
EMBO J 26:2127-36. 2007..Here, we report that the DAT is also regulated by the dopamine D2 receptor through a direct protein-protein interaction involving the DAT amino-terminus and the third intracellular ..
- Intronic polymorphisms affecting alternative splicing of human dopamine D2 receptor are associated with cocaine abuseRobert A Moyer
Program in Pharmacogenomics, Department of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210 1239, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 36:753-62. 2011The dopamine receptor D2 (encoded by DRD2) is implicated in susceptibility to mental disorders and cocaine abuse, but mechanisms responsible for this relationship remain uncertain...
- Generational association studies of dopaminergic genes in reward deficiency syndrome (RDS) subjects: selecting appropriate phenotypes for reward dependence behaviorsKenneth Blum
Department of Psychiatry, School of Medicine and McKnight Brain Institute, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32601, USA
Int J Environ Res Public Health 8:4425-59. 2011..We evaluated the potential association of four variants of dopaminergic candidate genes in RDS (dopamine D1 receptor gene [DRD1]; dopamine D2 receptor gene [DRD2]; dopamine transporter gene [DAT1]; dopamine beta-hydroxylase gene [DBH]).
- Meta-analysis identifies an association between the dopamine D2 receptor gene and schizophreniaS J Glatt
Department of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School at Massachusetts Mental Health Center, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Mol Psychiatry 8:911-5. 2003..Early evidence supporting an association between the Cys311Ser polymorphism of the D2 receptor gene (DRD2) and schizophrenia was subsequently refuted and, eventually, dismissed...
- Association of haplotypic variants in DRD2, ANKK1, TTC12 and NCAM1 to alcohol dependence in independent case control and family samplesBao zhu Yang
Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, USA
Hum Mol Genet 16:2844-53. 2007There have been many conflicting reports concerning the association of the DRD2 locus with alcohol dependence (AD)...
- Differential contributions of prefrontal and hippocampal dopamine D(1) and D(2) receptors in human cognitive functionsHidehiko Takahashi
Molecular Imaging Center, Department of Molecular Neuroimaging, National Institute of Radiological Sciences, Inage, Chiba 263 8555, Japan
J Neurosci 28:12032-8. 2008..Our findings suggest that orchestration of prefrontal D(1) receptors and hippocampal D(2) receptors might be necessary for human executive function including working memory...
- Candidate gene studies of ADHD: a meta-analytic reviewIan R Gizer
Department of Genetics, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 120 Mason Farm Road, Room 5015 Genetic Medicine Building CB 7264, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7264, USA
Hum Genet 126:51-90. 2009..g., ADHD subtype diagnoses, gender, exposure to environmental risk factors). We conclude with a discussion of these findings in relation to emerging themes relevant to future studies of the genetics of ADHD...
- Polymorphisms in human dopamine D2 receptor gene affect gene expression, splicing, and neuronal activity during working memoryYing Zhang
Program in Pharmacogenomics, Department of Pharmacology, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:20552-7. 2007Subcortical dopamine D2 receptor (DRD2) signaling is implicated in cognitive processes and brain disorders, but the effect of DRD2 variants remains ambiguous...
- Identification of dopamine D1-D3 receptor heteromers. Indications for a role of synergistic D1-D3 receptor interactions in the striatumDaniel Marcellino
Department of Neuroscience, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm 17177, Sweden
J Biol Chem 283:26016-25. 2008..The present study shows that a main functional significance of the D(3) receptor is to obtain a stronger dopaminergic response in the striatal neurons that co-express the two receptors...
- A DRD2 and ANKK1 haplotype is associated with nicotine dependenceJoanne Voisey
Institute of Health and Biomedical Innovation, Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Psychiatry Res 196:285-9. 2012To test the importance of the dopamine D2 receptor (DRD2) region in nicotine dependence, 150 smokers and 228 controls were genotyped for the DRD2 C957T, -141delC and ANKK1 TaqIA polymorphisms (rs6277, rs1799732 and rs1800497, respectively)..
- Interacting effects of genetic predisposition and depression on adolescent smoking progressionJanet Audrain-McGovern
Department of Psychiatry, Abramson Cancer Center, University of Pennsylvania, Suite 4100, 3535 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Am J Psychiatry 161:1224-30. 2004..The goal of the present study was to identify specific genetic associations with smoking progression in adolescents and to determine whether these genetic effects on smoking practices are potentiated by depression symptoms...
- Functional variants of the dopamine receptor D2 gene modulate prefronto-striatal phenotypes in schizophreniaAlessandro Bertolino
Department of Neurology and Psychiatry, University of Bari, Bari, Italy
Brain 132:417-25. 2009b>Dopamine D2 receptor signalling is strongly implicated in the aetiology of schizophrenia...
- Potential association of DRD2 and DAT1 genetic variation with heroin dependenceQiao Fang Hou
Key Laboratory of the National Ministry of Health for Forensic Sciences, College of Medicine, Xi an Jiaotong University, 76 Yanta West Road, Xi an 710061, PR China
Neurosci Lett 464:127-30. 2009The aim of our study was to investigate the potential association of dopamine receptor D2 gene (DRD2) TaqI RFLP A (rs1800497) and dopamine transporter gene (DAT) 3'untranslated region VNTR genetic variations with heroin addiction...
- Single nucleotide polymorphisms in ANKK1 and the dopamine D2 receptor gene affect cognitive outcome shortly after traumatic brain injury: a replication and extension studyThomas W McAllister
Department of Psychiatry, Section of Neuropsychiatry, Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, NH 03756, USA
Brain Inj 22:705-14. 2008..previous finding that a single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) in the ANKK1 gene (SNP rs1800497 formerly known as the DRD2 TAQ1 A allele) is associated with measures of learning and response latency after traumatic brain injury (TBI) and (..
- Association of dopamine D2 receptor polymorphisms Ser311Cys and TaqIA with obesity or type 2 diabetes mellitus in Pima IndiansC P Jenkinson
Phoenix Epidemiology and Clinical Research Branch, National Institute of Digestive Diabetes and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Arizona, USA
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 24:1233-8. 2000To investigate whether (a) variants within the dopamine D2 receptor gene (DRD2) are associated with obesity and type 2 diabetes in Pima Indians, and (b) whether variation in this gene could be responsible for previously observed linkage ..
- Interaction between the D2 dopamine receptor and neuronal calcium sensor-1 analyzed by fluorescence anisotropyMatthew P Woll
Department of Pharmacology, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, USA
Biochemistry 50:8780-91. 2011..used fluorescence anisotropy (FA) and a panel of NCS-1 EF-hand variants to interrogate the interaction between the D2R and NCS-1. Our data are consistent with the following conclusions...
- Functional variation of the dopamine D2 receptor gene is associated with emotional control as well as brain activity and connectivity during emotion processing in humansGiuseppe Blasi
Psychiatric Neuroscience Group, Department of Neurological and Psychiatric Sciences, University of Bari, 70124 Bari, Italy
J Neurosci 29:14812-9. 2009..An intronic single nucleotide polymorphism within the D(2) receptor gene (DRD2) (rs1076560, guanine > thymine or G > T) shifts splicing of the two protein isoforms (D(2) short, mainly ..
- DRD2 promoter region variation as a predictor of sustained response to antipsychotic medication in first-episode schizophrenia patientsTodd Lencz
Department of Psychiatry Research, The Zucker Hillside Hospital, Glen Oaks, NY 11004, USA
Am J Psychiatry 163:529-31. 2006..The present study extends prior pharmacogenetic investigations of the D(2) receptor gene (DRD2) by examining, in first-episode schizophrenia patients, promoter region variation as a predictor of response time ..
- Genetic variation in dopamine pathways differentially associated with smoking progression in adolescenceManfred Laucht
Central Institute of Mental Health, Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, P O Box 122120, D 68072 Mannheim, Germany
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 47:673-81. 2008..To clarify the nature of the association between dopamine genes and smoking by examining whether genetic variability in components of the dopamine pathway could explain refined phenotypes in adolescent smoking progression...
- Progress in searching for susceptibility loci and genes for smoking-related behaviourM D Li
Program in Genomics and Bioinformatics on Drug Addiction, Department of Psychiatry, The University of Texas Health Science Center, Floyd Curl Drive, San Antonio 78229, USA
Clin Genet 66:382-92. 2004..Of these candidate genes, the D2 dopamine receptor (DRD2) gene has been extensively studied...
- Possible interaction between MAOA and DRD2 genes associated with antisocial alcoholism among Han Chinese men in TaiwanTso Jen Wang
Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, National Defense Medical Center, Taiwan, ROC Tsaotun Psychiatric Center, Department of Health, Nantou, Taiwan, ROC
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 31:108-14. 2007Both monoamine oxidase A (MAOA) and dopamine D(2) receptor (DRD2) genes have been considered as candidate genes for antisocial personality disorder with alcoholism (Antisocial ALC) [Parsian, A., 1999...
- L -dopa-induced adverse effects in PD and dopamine transporter gene polymorphismR Kaiser
Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, Charite, Humboldt Universitat zu Berlin, Germany
Neurology 60:1750-5. 2003..To assess whether polymorphisms in the dopamine receptor genes and in the dopamine transporter gene (DAT ) are predictors of adverse effects of L -dopa...
- Effect of genetic polymorphisms on smoking cessation: a trial of bupropion in Korean male smokersDoug Hyun Han
Brain Imaging Center, McLean Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Belmont, Massachusetts, USA
Psychiatr Genet 18:11-6. 2008..Even though bupropion is first-line pharmacological agent for smoking cessation, not all the smokers successfully quit smoking by bupropion. It means other factors like genetic predisposition could contribute to the therapeutic outcome...
- The dopamine receptor D2 (DRD2) SNP rs1076560 is associated with opioid addictionToni Kim Clarke
Center for Neurobiology and Behavior, Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, 19104, USA
Ann Hum Genet 78:33-9. 2014..One functional single nucleotide polymorphism in dopamine receptor D2 (DRD2), rs1076560, is involved in regulating splicing of the gene and alters the ratio of DRD2 isoforms located pre- and ..
- Stress-induced cigarette craving: effects of the DRD2 TaqI RFLP and SLC6A3 VNTR polymorphismsJ Erblich
Derald H Ruttenberg Cancer Center, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, One Gustave L Levy Place, New York, NY 10029, USA
Pharmacogenomics J 4:102-9. 2004..Significantly stronger stress-induced cigarette craving was found for individuals carrying either the DRD2 (D2 dopamine receptor gene) A1, or the SLC6A3 (dopamine transporter gene) nine-repeat allelic variants...
- Association of the DRD2 gene Taq1A polymorphism and smoking behavior: a meta-analysis and new dataMarcus R Munafo
Department of Experimental Psychology, University of Bristol, 12a Priory Road, Bristol BS8 1TU, UK
Nicotine Tob Res 11:64-76. 2009Many studies have investigated the association of the dopamine type-2 receptor (DRD2) Taq1A polymorphism with tobacco use and cigarette smoking behaviors, but findings remain equivocal...
- Dopamine D2 receptor levels in striatum, thalamus, substantia nigra, limbic regions, and cortex in schizophrenic subjectsRobert M Kessler
Department of Radiology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
Biol Psychiatry 65:1024-31. 2009..Studies in schizophrenic patients have reported dopaminergic abnormalities in striatum, substantia nigra, thalamus, anterior cingulate, hippocampus, and cortex that have been related to positive symptoms and cognitive impairments...
- Association between polymorphisms of DRD2 and DRD4 and opioid dependence: evidence from the current studiesDingyan Chen
Department of Epidemiology and Health Statistics, School of Public Health, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, PR China
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 156:661-70. 2011Several studies have assessed the association between genetic polymorphisms of DRD2 and DRD4 genes and opioid dependence risk, while the results were inconsistent...
- Association between smoking habits and dopamine receptor D2 taqI A A2 allele in Japanese males: a confirmatory studyNobuyuki Hamajima
Division of Epidemiology and Prevention, Aichi Cancer Center Research Institute, Nagoya, Japan
J Epidemiol 12:297-304. 2002Our previous study showed that A2 allele of dopamine D2 (DRD2) TaqI A polymorphism related to smoking habits, which was opposed to the results of studies for Caucasians...
- Rs1076560, a functional variant of the dopamine D2 receptor gene, confers risk of schizophrenia in Han ChineseChunming Zheng
National Laboratory of Medical Molecular Biology, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, Chinese Academy of Medical Science and Peking Union Medical College, Tsinghua University, Beijing 100005, China
Neurosci Lett 518:41-4. 2012..To identify whether functional variants of the D2-like receptors (DRD2, DRD3 and DRD4) confer risk of schizophrenia, we conducted a two-stage association study...
- Association between DRD2, 5-HTTLPR, and ALDH2 genes and specific personality traits in alcohol- and opiate-dependent patientsTzu Yun Wang
Department of Psychiatry, National Cheng Kung University Hospital, Tainan, Taiwan
Behav Brain Res 250:285-92. 2013..The dopamine D2 receptor (DRD2), 5-HTT-linked promoter region (5-HTTLPR), and aldehyde dehydrogenase 2 (ALDH2) genes were genotyped ..
- D2 receptors regulate dopamine transporter function via an extracellular signal-regulated kinases 1 and 2-dependent and phosphoinositide 3 kinase-independent mechanismElizabeth A Bolan
Integrative Neuroscience Section, National Institute on Drug Abuse Intramural Research Program National Institutes of Health Department of Health and Human Services, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Mol Pharmacol 71:1222-32. 2007..Our data also suggest the possibility of a direct physical interaction between DAT and D(2)R. Together, these results suggest a novel mechanism by which D(2S)R autoreceptors may regulate DAT in the central nervous system...
- Dopamine transporter DAT and receptor DRD2 variants affect risk of lethal cocaine abuse: a gene-gene-environment interactionD Sullivan
Department of Pharmacology and Program in Pharmacogenomics, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, USA
Transl Psychiatry 3:e222. 2013..role of aberrant dopaminergic signaling, involving the dopamine transporter DAT, a cocaine target, and the dopamine D2 receptor, which physically interacts with DAT...
- Genetic, personality, and environmental predictors of drug use in adolescentsBradley T Conner
Department of Psychology, Temple University, Philadelphia, PA 19122, USA
J Subst Abuse Treat 38:178-90. 2010..5 years) data. Variables included in the study were dopaminergic genes (ANKK1 TaqI A, DRD2 C957T, DRD4 7R, COMT Val/Met substitution, and SLC6A3 9R) and a GABAergic gene (GABRB3), all combinations of genes, ..
- Heavy nicotine and alcohol use in alcohol dependence is associated with D2 dopamine receptor (DRD2) polymorphismJason P Connor
Department of Psychiatry, The University of Queensland, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Brisbane 4102, Australia
Addict Behav 32:310-9. 2007..The A1 allele of the D2 dopamine receptor (DRD2) gene has been independently associated with alcohol and nicotine dependence...
- The Taq IA and Ser311 Cys polymorphisms in the dopamine D2 receptor gene and obesityA Southon
Metabolic Research Unit, School of Health Sciences, Deakin University, Waurn Ponds, Victoria, Australia
Diabetes Nutr Metab 16:72-6. 2003Dopamine D2 receptors (DRD2) in the central nervous system are involved in the regulation of feeding. It remains to be elucidated if mutations in the DRD2 gene contribute to the development of obesity...
- DRD2 and PPP1R1B (DARPP-32) polymorphisms independently confer increased risk for autism spectrum disorders and additively predict affected status in male-only affected sib-pair familiesJoe A Hettinger
Department of Physiology, Queen s University, Kingston, ON, Canada
Behav Brain Funct 8:19. 2012..Our previous findings suggest a role for dopamine-related genes in families with only affected males...
- Interaction between dopamine D2 receptor genotype and parental rule-setting in adolescent alcohol use: evidence for a gene-parenting interactionC S van der Zwaluw
Behavioral Science Institute, Radboud University Nijmegen, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Mol Psychiatry 15:727-35. 2010Association studies investigating the link between the dopamine D2 receptor gene (DRD2) and alcohol (mis)use have shown inconsistent results. This may be due to lack of attention for environmental factors...
- Association between polymorphisms of the dopamine receptor D2 and catechol-o-methyl transferase genes and cognitive functionJennifer L Bolton
Public Health Sciences, University of Edinburgh, Medical School, Edinburgh EH9 1NN, UK
Behav Genet 40:630-8. 2010..studied the association between polymorphisms in the catechol-o-methyl transferase (COMT) and dopamine receptor D2 (DRD2) genes and general cognitive ability in a secondary analysis of 2091 men and women, aged 55-80 years living in ..
- Genetically determined measures of striatal D2 signaling predict prefrontal activity during working memory performanceAlessandro Bertolino
Psychiatric Neuroscience Group, Department of Neurological and Psychiatric Sciences, University of Bari, Bari, Italy
PLoS ONE 5:e9348. 2010Variation of the gene coding for D2 receptors (DRD2) has been associated with risk for schizophrenia and with working memory deficits...
- Novel interaction of the dopamine D2 receptor and the Ca2+ binding protein S100B: role in D2 receptor functionYong Liu
Department of Behavioral Neuroscience, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon, USA
Mol Pharmacol 74:371-8. 2008....
- DRD3, but not COMT or DRD2, genotype affects executive functions in healthy and first-episode psychosis adolescentsIgor Bombin
Adolescent Unit, Department of Psychiatry, Hospital General Universitario Gregorio Maranon, Madrid, Spain
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 147:873-9. 2008Catechol-O-methyltransferase (COMT) and dopamine receptors 2 (DRD2) and 3 (DRD3) have been associated with a higher risk of developing psychosis and with dopaminergic system (DAS) regulation...
- Genetic polymorphisms in the dopamine-2 receptor (DRD2), dopamine-3 receptor (DRD3), and dopamine transporter (SLC6A3) genes in schizophrenia: Data from an association studyPilar A Saiz
Department of Psychiatry, School of Medicine, University of Oviedo, Centro de Investigación Biomédica en Red de Salud Mental, CIBERSAM, Julian Claveria 6, 33006, Oviedo, Spain
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 34:26-31. 2010To investigate the association between dopaminergic polymorphisms [DRD2 -141C Ins/Del, DRD3 Ser9Gly, and SLC6A3 VNTR] and schizophrenia.
- Receptors for dopamine and somatostatin: formation of hetero-oligomers with enhanced functional activityM Rocheville
Fraser Laboratories, Department of Medicine, McGill University and Royal Victoria Hospital, Montreal, Quebec H3A 1A1, Canada
Science 288:154-7. 2000..Here, we show that dopamine receptor D2R and somatostatin receptor SSTR5 interact physically through hetero-oligomerization to create a novel receptor with ..
- D2 dopamine receptor gene haplotypes and their influence on alcohol and tobacco consumption magnitude in alcohol-dependent individualsU W Preuss
Pediatric Hospital of Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Alcohol Alcohol 42:258-66. 2007....
- Dopamine D2 receptor and N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor 2B subunit genetic variants and intelligenceShih Jen Tsai
Department of Psychiatry, Veterans General Hospital Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
Neuropsychobiology 45:128-30. 2002..We tested the associations between the dopamine D2 receptor (DRD2) and N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor 2B subunit (GRIN2B) gene variants and intelligence quotient (IQ)...
- Differential effects of 5-HTTLPR and DRD2/ANKK1 polymorphisms on electrocortical measures of error and feedback processing in childrenMonika Althaus
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Hanzeplein 1, 9713 GZ Groningen, The Netherlands
Clin Neurophysiol 120:93-107. 2009..of functional polymorphisms of the serotonin transporter gene (5-HTTLPR) and the D2 dopamine receptor gene (DRD2/ANKK1) on error and feedback processing by measuring electrocortical event-related potentials (ERPs) in 10- to 12-..
- Association study of three polymorphisms in the dopamine D2 receptor gene and schizophrenia in the Russian populationMikhail Monakhov
Engelhardt Institute of Molecular Biology, Russian Academy of Sciences, Vavilova 32, 119991 Moscow, Russia
Schizophr Res 100:302-7. 2008Polymorphisms in the dopamine D2 receptor gene (DRD2) have repeatedly been associated with schizophrenia...
- DRD2 C32806T modifies the effect of child-rearing environment on adulthood novelty seekingLiisa Keltikangas-Jarvinen
Department of Psychology, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 150:389-94. 2009..of 1,114 men and women using another candidate gene of dopaminergic system, that is, the dopamine receptor D2 (DRD2)...
- Association and linkage disequilibrium between a functional polymorphism of the dopamine-2 receptor gene and schizophrenia in a genetically homogeneous Portuguese populationK M Schindler
Center for Psychiatric and Molecular Genetics, SUNY Upstate Medical University and Behavioral Health Care Line, VISN 2, Veterans Administration, Syracuse, New York, USA
Mol Psychiatry 7:1002-5. 2002A functional polymorphism in the promoter region of the DRD2 gene has been found to be associated with schizophrenia in Japanese(1,2) and Swedish populations...
- Association analysis between polymorphisms in the dopamine D2 receptor (DRD2) and dopamine transporter (DAT1) genes with cocaine dependenceFalk W Lohoff
Center for Neurobiology and Behavior, Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Neurosci Lett 473:87-91. 2010..The dopamine receptor D(2) (DRD2) protein and dopamine transporter (DAT1) protein play regulatory roles in dopamine neurotransmission...
- ADHD candidate gene study in a population-based birth cohort: association with DBH and DRD2Emma S Nyman
National Public Health Institute, Helsinki, Finland
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 46:1614-21. 2007..This study tests a series of allelic variants within such candidate genes to determine their potential influence on ADHD susceptibility...
- Reward sensitivity and the D2 dopamine receptor gene: A case-control study of binge eating disorderCaroline Davis
Kinesiology and Health Sciences, York University, Toronto, Canada
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 32:620-8. 2008..The present study addressed this issue by implementing psychological and biological markers of reward sensitivity in the assessment protocol...
- Interactions between genotype and retrospective ADHD symptoms predict lifetime smoking risk in a sample of young adultsF Joseph McClernon
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Duke University Medical Cneter, Durham, NC 27708, USA
Nicotine Tob Res 10:117-27. 2008..Polymorphisms in the DRD2 gene and, among females, the MAOA gene interacted with retrospective reports of ADHD symptoms in contributing to ..
- The effect of dopamine D2, D5 receptor and transporter (SLC6A3) polymorphisms on the cue-elicited heroin craving in ChineseYifeng Li
State Key Laboratory of Genetic Engineering and Center for Anthropological Studies, School of Life Sciences and Morgan Tan International Center for Life Sciences, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 141:269-73. 2006..Significantly stronger cue-elicited heroin craving was found in individuals carrying D2 dopamine receptor gene (DRD2) TaqI RFLP A1 allele than the non-carriers (P < 0.001)...
- Sexually dimorphic link between dopamine D2 receptor gene and neuroticism-anxietyJan Wacker
Department of Psychology, University of Marburg, 35032 Marburg, Germany
Neuroreport 16:611-4. 2005..Here, we examined the association between the dopamine D2 receptor (DRD2) TaqI A polymorphism and two other personality traits, neuroticism-anxiety and agentic extraversion...
- The association between TaqI A polymorphism of ANKK1 (DRD2) gene and ADHD in the Czech boys aged between 6 and 13 yearsIvo Paclt
Department of Psychiatry, 1st Faculty of Medicine, Charles University Prague and General Teaching Hospital, Czech Republic
Neuro Endocrinol Lett 31:131-6. 2010The purpose of this study was the correlation of the combined type of ADHD in children and Taq IA polymorphism DRD2 gene...
- D(2) dopamine receptor (DRD2) polymorphism is associated with severity of alcohol dependenceJ P Connor
Department of Psychiatry, University of Queensland, Australia
Eur Psychiatry 17:17-23. 2002The A(1) allele of the D(2) dopamine receptor (DRD2) gene has been associated with alcohol dependence...
- Studies on the role of the receptor protein motifs possibly involved in electrostatic interactions on the dopamine D1 and D2 receptor oligomerizationSylwia Łukasiewicz
Department of Physical Biochemistry, Jagiellonian University, Krakow, Poland
FEBS J 276:760-75. 2009..However, we find that the acidic epitope from the C-terminus of the dopamine D(1) receptor is engaged in the heterodimerization process...
- Haplotype spanning TTC12 and ANKK1, flanked by the DRD2 and NCAM1 loci, is strongly associated to nicotine dependence in two distinct American populationsJoel Gelernter
Division of Human Genetics, Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, West Haven, CT 06516, USA
Hum Mol Genet 15:3498-507. 2006..97) for ND in the EA part of the sample on chromosome 11q23, a region that includes the NCAM1-TTC12-ANKK1-DRD2 gene cluster...
- Significant association of ANKK1 and detection of a functional polymorphism with nicotine dependence in an African-American sampleWeihua Huang
Department of Psychiatry and Neurobehavioral Sciences, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22911, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 34:319-30. 2009..We investigated various polymorphisms in the dopamine D(2) receptor gene (DRD2) and its neighboring ankyrin repeats and kinase domain containing 1 gene (ANKK1) to determine whether they were ..
- Dopamine gene predicts the brain's response to dopaminergic drugMichael X Cohen
Department of Epileptology, University of Bonn, Sigmund Freud Strasse 25, Bonn 53105, Germany
Eur J Neurosci 26:3652-60. 2007..Ten subjects had an allele on the Taq1A DRD2 gene, which is associated with reduced dopamine receptor concentration and decreased neural responses to rewards (..
- Genetic polymorphisms and personality in healthy adults: a systematic review and meta-analysisM R Munafò
Cancer Research UK GPRG, Institute of Health Sciences, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
Mol Psychiatry 8:471-84. 2003..data using a fixed-effects model suggested significant associations between the 5HTT LPR, DRD4 c>t, DRD4 length, DRD2 A1/A2, DRD3 A1/A2 polymorphisms and personality traits...
- Dopamine D2 receptor dimer formation: evidence from ligand bindingD Armstrong
School of Animal and Microbial Sciences, University of Reading, Whiteknights, Reading RG6 6AJ, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 276:22621-9. 2001..A model of the receptor has been produced that provides a good description of the experimental phenomena described here...
- Coaggregation, cointernalization, and codesensitization of adenosine A2A receptors and dopamine D2 receptorsJoelle Hillion
Department of Neuroscience, Karolinska Institute, 17177 Stockholm, Sweden
J Biol Chem 277:18091-7. 2002..These results give a molecular basis for adenosine-dopamine antagonism at the membrane level and have implications for treatment of Parkinson's disease and schizophrenia, in which D(2)R are involved...
- Haplotypic variants in DRD2, ANKK1, TTC12, and NCAM1 are associated with comorbid alcohol and drug dependenceBao zhu Yang
Department of Psychiatry, Division of Human Genetics, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06516, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 32:2117-27. 2008Each gene in the chromosome 11q23 cluster of NCAM1, TTC12, ANKK1, and DRD2 is functionally linked to dopamine in brain...
- Harmful drinking in military veterans with post-traumatic stress disorder: association with the D2 dopamine receptor A1 alleleR McD Young
Discipline of Psychiatry, Southern Clinical Division, School of Medicine, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Alcohol Alcohol 37:451-6. 2002The frequency of the Taq I A alleles (A1 and A2) of the D2 dopamine receptor (DRD2) gene was examined in Caucasian post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) patients and controls.
- The D(2) dopamine receptor A(1) allele and opioid dependence: association with heroin use and response to methadone treatmentB R Lawford
Department of Psychiatry, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
Am J Med Genet 96:592-8. 2000..The frequency of the TaqI A(1) allele of the D(2) dopamine receptor (DRD2) gene was 19.0% in these patients compared with 4...
- Meta-analysis of the association of the Taq1A polymorphism with the risk of alcohol dependency: a HuGE gene-disease association reviewLesley Smith
School of Health and Social Care, Oxford Brookes University, Marston, United Kingdom
Am J Epidemiol 167:125-38. 2008..The relatively small effect for the association of the A1 allele, or another genetic variant linked to it, with alcohol dependence indicates a multigene causality for this complex disorder...
- Monoamine oxidase-A polymorphisms might modify the association between the dopamine D2 receptor gene and alcohol dependenceSan Yuan Huang
Department of Psychiatry, Tri Service General Hospital, Taiwan, ROC
J Psychiatry Neurosci 32:185-92. 2007..Therefore, the present study investigates whether the association between the dopamine D2 receptor (DRD2) gene and alcoholism is affected by different polymorphisms of the MAO type A (MAOA) gene.
- Interactions of GIPC with dopamine D2, D3 but not D4 receptors define a novel mode of regulation of G protein-coupled receptorsFreddy Jeanneteau
Unité de Neurobiologie et Pharmacologie Moléculaire INSERM U 573, Centre Paul Broca, 75014 Paris, France
Mol Biol Cell 15:696-705. 2004..Through its dimerization, GIPC acts as a selective scaffold protein to assist receptor functions. Our results suggest a novel function for GIPC in the maintenance, trafficking, and signaling of GPCRs...
- Genetic variation in components of dopamine neurotransmission impacts ventral striatal reactivity associated with impulsivityE E Forbes
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Mol Psychiatry 14:60-70. 2009..Genetic variants associated with relatively increased striatal DA release (DRD2 -141C deletion) and availability (DAT1 9-repeat), as well as diminished inhibitory postsynaptic DA effects (DRD2 -..
- Abnormal striatal and thalamic dopamine neurotransmission: Genotype-related features of dystoniaM Carbon
Center for Neurosciences, The Feinstein Institute for Medical Research, North Shore Long Island Jewish Health System, Manhasset, NY 11030, USA
Neurology 72:2097-103. 2009..To determine whether changes in D(2) receptor availability are present in carriers of genetic mutations for primary dystonia...
- Reward circuitry responsivity to food predicts future increases in body mass: moderating effects of DRD2 and DRD4Eric Stice
Oregon Research Institute, 1715 Franklin Blvd, Eugene, OR 97403, USA
Neuroimage 50:1618-25. 2010To determine whether responsivity of reward circuitry to food predicts future increases in body mass and whether polymorphisms in DRD2 and DRD4 moderate these relations.
- Genetically determined differences in learning from errorsTilmann A Klein
Max Planck Institute for Human Cognitive and Brain Sciences, Leipzig, Germany
Science 318:1642-5. 2007..outcomes and feedback-based learning was tested in a neuroimaging study in humans grouped according to the dopamine D2 receptor gene polymorphism DRD2-TAQ-IA...
- The A1 allele of the human D2 dopamine receptor gene is associated with increased activity of striatal L-amino acid decarboxylase in healthy subjectsAki Laakso
Department of Pharmacology and Clinical Pharmacology, University of Turku, Turku University Central Hospital, Turku, Finland
Pharmacogenet Genomics 15:387-91. 2005The A1 allele of the TaqI restriction fragment length polymorphism (RFLP) of the human dopamine D2 receptor gene (DRD2) is associated with a low density of D2 dopamine receptors in the striatum...
- An affected pedigree member analysis of linkage between the dopamine D2 receptor gene TaqI polymorphism and obesity and hypertensionYu Jing Fang
Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin, Hong Kong
Int J Cardiol 102:111-6. 2005..We have previously reported that the TaqI polymorphism of the dopamine D2 receptor (DD2R) gene is associated with both blood pressure and obesity indices in a normoglycaemic Hong Kong ..
- D1-D2 dopamine receptor heterooligomers with unique pharmacology are coupled to rapid activation of Gq/11 in the striatumAsim J Rashid
Department of Pharmacology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5S 1A8
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:654-9. 2007....
- An association between the DAT1 polymorphism and smoking behavior in young adults from the National Longitudinal Study of Adolescent HealthDavid S Timberlake
Institute for Behavioral Genetics, University of Colorado at Boulder, Boulder, CO 80309 0447, USA
Health Psychol 25:190-7. 2006Associations between smoking behavior and polymorphisms in the dopaminergic genes (DAT1 and DRD2) were tested by using within- and between-family measures of allelic transmission in 2,448 young adults from the National Longitudinal Study ..
- Human cognitive flexibility depends on dopamine D2 receptor signalingMieke van Holstein
Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behaviour RU DI BCB, Radboud University Nijmegen, Kapittelweg 29, 6521 EN Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 218:567-78. 2011..In particular, recent work with animals as well as current theorizing has suggested that cognitive flexibility depends on dopamine D2 receptor signaling. However, there is no evidence for similar mechanisms in humans.
- The role of dopamine transporter (SLC6A3) and dopamine D2 receptor/ankyrin repeat and kinase domain containing 1 (DRD2/ANKK1) gene polymorphisms in personality traitsA Kazantseva
Institute of Biochemistry and Genetics, Ufa Scientific Centre, Russian Academy of Sciences, 71, Prospekt Oktyabrya, Ufa 450054, Russia
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 35:1033-40. 2011..In the present study, we aimed to test: (1) the effects of four polymorphisms of dopamine system genes: ANKK1/DRD2 Taq1A, DRD2 rs6275, SLC6A3 40-bp VNTR and rs27072, on personality traits; (2) whether these effects differ between ..
- P300 development during adolescence: effects of DRD2 genotypeSteven M Berman
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, Alcohol Research Center, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90024, USA
Clin Neurophysiol 117:649-59. 2006..The present study examined whether the change in P300 amplitude during adolescence in sons of alcoholics and nonalcoholics is affected by D2 dopamine receptor (DRD2) polymorphism.
- Dopamine receptor genes (DRD2, DRD3 and DRD4) and gene-gene interactions associated with smoking-related behaviorsDavid J Vandenbergh
Department of Biobehavioral Health, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802 2321, USA
Addict Biol 12:106-16. 2007Cigarette smoking, like many addictive behaviors, has a genetic component, and the dopamine D2-like receptor genes (DRD2, DRD3 and DRD4) are candidates for contributing to these behaviors...
- D2 receptor genetic variation and clinical response to antipsychotic drug treatment: a meta-analysisJian Ping Zhang
Division of Psychiatry Research, Department of Psychiatry, The Zucker Hillside Hospital, 75 59 263rd St, Glen Oaks, NY 11004, USA
Am J Psychiatry 167:763-72. 2010..The authors conducted the first meta-analysis to examine the relationship between DRD2 polymorphisms and antipsychotic drug response.
- Binge eating disorder and the dopamine D2 receptor: genotypes and sub-phenotypesCaroline Davis
Kinesiology and Health Sciences, York University, Toronto, Canada M3J1P3
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 38:328-35. 2012..We investigated the D2 receptors genes (DRD2/ANKK1) and their relation to the BED phenotype and four sub-phenotypes of BED that reflect an enhanced response to ..
- Genetic diagnostics of functional variants of the human dopamine D2 receptor geneAlexandra Doehring
Pharmazentrum frankfurt ZAFES, Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Psychiatr Genet 19:259-68. 2009The importance of dopamine D2 receptors (DRD2) for central nervous dopaminergic signalling makes variants in the DRD2 gene potential modulators of the risk or course of various behavioural, psychiatric or neurologic diseases (e.g...
- Dopamine receptor DRD2 genotype and smoking cessation outcome following treatment with bupropion SRG E Swan
Center for Health Sciences, SRI International, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA
Pharmacogenomics J 5:21-9. 2005The A1 allele of the dopamine D2 receptor gene (DRD2) is associated with a reduced number of dopamine binding sites in the brain and with the increased likelihood of substance abuse and addictive behavior...
- Interaction with neuronal calcium sensor NCS-1 mediates desensitization of the D2 dopamine receptorNadine Kabbani
Department of Pharmacology, Penn State College of Medicine, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, USA
J Neurosci 22:8476-86. 2002..NCS-1-D2 receptor interaction may serve to couple dopamine and calcium signaling pathways, thereby providing a critical component in the regulation of dopaminergic signaling in normal and diseased brain...
- Gender difference in the interaction of smoking and monoamine oxidase B intron 13 genotype in Parkinson's diseaseSamir N Kelada
Department of Environmental Health, University of Washington, Seattle 98195, USA
Neurotoxicology 23:515-9. 2002..B (MAO-B) intron 13 (G or A allele), monoamine oxidase A (MAO-A) EcoRV (Yor N allele), and dopamine D2 recepor (DRD2) Taq1B (B1 or B2 allele) in a case-control study of 186 incident idiopathic Parkinson's disease (PD) cases and 296 ..
- D2 dopamine receptor gene in psychiatric and neurologic disorders and its phenotypesErnest P Noble
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, University of California, Los Angeles, California, USA
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 116:103-25. 2003The D2 dopamine receptor (DRD2) has been one of the most extensively investigated gene in neuropsychiatric disorders...
- Genes implicated in serotonergic and dopaminergic functioning predict BMI categoriesBernard F Fuemmeler
Department of Community and Family Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 16:348-55. 2008This study addressed the hypothesis that variation in genes associated with dopamine function (SLC6A3, DRD2, DRD4), serotonin function (SLC6A4, and regulation of monoamine levels (MAOA) may be predictive of BMI categories (obese and ..
- D2 and D3 dopamine receptor cell surface localization mediated by interaction with protein 4.1NAlicia V Binda
IBIOS Graduate Program in Molecular Medicine, Pennsylvania State College of Medicine, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, USA
Mol Pharmacol 62:507-13. 2002..These results suggest that protein 4.1N/dopamine receptor interaction is required for localization or stability of dopamine receptors at the neuronal plasma membrane...
- Reduced striatal D2 receptor binding in myoclonus-dystoniaR J Beukers
Department of Neurology, Academic Medical Centre, University of Amsterdam, P O Box 22660, 1100 DD, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 36:269-74. 2009..To study striatal dopamine D(2) receptor availability in DYT11 mutation carriers of the autosomal dominantly inherited disorder myoclonus-dystonia (M-D)...
- Genetically determined interaction between the dopamine transporter and the D2 receptor on prefronto-striatal activity and volume in humansAlessandro Bertolino
Psychiatric Neuroscience Group, Department of Neurological and Psychiatric Sciences, University of Bari, 70124 Bari, Italy
J Neurosci 29:1224-34. 2009..Complementary data from striatal protein extracts from wild-type and D(2) knock-out animals (D2R(-/-)) indicate that DAT and D(2) proteins interact in vivo...
- Probing dopamine D2 receptor trafficking in schizophreniaAnissa Abi-Dargham; Fiscal Year: 2013..with schizophrenia but we know little about the underlying mechanistic involvement of dopamine D2 receptors (D2R) in the illness...
- Functional Selectivity: A Novel approach for CNS Drug DiscoveryBryan L Roth; Fiscal Year: 2013..main projects: Project #1: Will deliver beta-arrestin-biased agonist clinical candidates of dopamine D2 receptors (D2R) for the treatment of schizophrenia and related disorders, and create novel D2R ligands with a wide range of ..
- Dopamine D2 Receptors in Prefrontal Function: An Optogenetic and Modeling StudyIAN THOMAS ELLWOOD; Fiscal Year: 2013..Additionally, dysfunction of the D2R system has been hypothesized to underlie a number of psychiatric diseases, most notably schizophrenia, and D2Rs are ..
- Genetics and Haloperidol ResponseRobert J Hitzemann; Fiscal Year: 2012..The core working hypothesis is that response and non-response are regulated by the coherence level of the dopamine D2 receptor (Drd2) gene network. The research plan contains four specific aims...
- Medium Spiny Neuron Excitability and MotivationChristoph Kellendonk; Fiscal Year: 2013..Specifically, the project proposes to take advantage of a genetic mouse model of dopamine D2 receptor up-regulation in MSNs that is associated with a deficit in motivation...
- Relating GPCRs by biased ligands for enhanced therapeutic efficacyMICHAEL JAMES KEISER; Fiscal Year: 2013..Starting with the Gi-coupled dopamine D2 receptor (D2R), we will predict biased ligands, evaluating our methods both retrospectively and via prospective ..
- Supersensitive dopamine D2 receptor inhibition of the striatopallidal projectionFu Ming Zhou; Fiscal Year: 2013The dopamine D2 receptor (D2R)-expressing medium spiny neurons (D2-MSN) in the striatum project to the GABAergic neurons in the globus pallidus (GP), forming an important link in the basal ganglia motor control circuit...
- Early social stress, novelty seeking, and impulsive behaviorDavid M Lyons; Fiscal Year: 2013..evidence further suggests that early exposure to social stress induces long-lasting downregulation of dopamine D2 receptor (DRD2) gene expression in ventral but not dorsal striatum...
- Dopamine D1 Receptor in mouse models of primary dystoniaLaurie J Ozelius; Fiscal Year: 2013..g. cerebellum and cortex, are also involved. Within the basal ganglia, the focus has been on the dopamine D2 receptor (D2R) and striatal cholinergic interneurons...
- Novel tools for identifying GPCR compounds modulating specific sub-cellular ERK aHaifeng Eishingdrelo; Fiscal Year: 2013..Brain-derived dopamine D2 receptor-regulated behaviors have been associated to ERK activation...
- Behavioral Genetics of Mood-Induced SmokingKENNETH ALAN PERKINS; Fiscal Year: 2010..These include: dopamine D4 receptor (DRD4 VNTR), dopamine D2 receptor (DRD2 C957T SNP [rs6277] and DRD2/ANKK1 TaqIA SNP [rs1800497]), the dopamine transporter (SLC6A3 VNTR), and ..
- Biased Attention to Emotional Faces as an Endophenotype Predicting DepressionJESSICA LYNNE JENNESS; Fiscal Year: 2013..candidate genes: the serotonin transporter gene (5-HTTLPR), catechol-o- methyl-transferase gene (COMT), and dopamine D2 receptor gene (DRD2)...
- Cortical Mechanisms of Cocaine SensitizationJeffery D Steketee; Fiscal Year: 2012..Furthermore, dopamine D2 receptor (D2R) function appears to be decreased in cocaine sensitized animals...
- Gene x Environment Interactions Predicting an Endophenotype for DepressionCaroline Oppenheimer; Fiscal Year: 2012..selected and theoretically motivated candidate genes: the serotonin transporter gene (5-HTTLPR), the dopamine D2 receptor gene (DRD2), and monoamine oxidase A (MAOA)...
- Presynaptic versus postsynaptic functions of dopamine D2 receptors in the responsEmiliana Borrelli; Fiscal Year: 2012..The dopamine D2 receptor (D2R) is a key component of the dopaminergic system...
- Dopamine Neurobiology in HIV-Associated Cognitive Dysfunction and Substance UseMichelle M Jacobs; Fiscal Year: 2013..Specifically, I will fully study the two main genes of interest, dopamine D1 receptor and dopamine D2 receptor (DRD1 and DRD2, respectively), using next-generation sequencing technologies in 100 newly recruited HIV-..
- Drugs of abuse, Dopamine and the Circadian Clock: a Metabolomic StudyPaolo Sassone-Corsi; Fiscal Year: 2013..This application is focused on one principal element of the dopaminergic system, the dopamine D2 receptor (D2R)...
- ADENOSINE /DOPAMINE INTERACTIONS IN A2A RECEPTOR KO MICEJiang Fan Chen; Fiscal Year: 2002DESCRIPTION (from applicant's abstract): The adenosine A2a receptor (A2aR) is co-expressed with the dopamine D2 receptor (D2R) in striatopallidal neurons and exerts an antagonistic influence on postsynaptic D2R function in brain...
- The Influence of Dopaminergic Genetic Variants on D2-like Receptors in DrinkersAmira K Brown; Fiscal Year: 2011..Considerable evidence links dopaminergic genetic markers like the DRD2 TaqIA polymorphism, which modulates the function and/or expression of dopamine receptors, to the increased risk for ..
- POSITRON EMISSION TOMOGRAPHY INVESTIGATIONS OF DYSTONIAJoel Perlmutter; Fiscal Year: 1999..dystonia) and the hand (hand cramp) as well as normals using positron emission tomography and a new dopamine D2 receptor radioligand, [18F]NMB...
- Individual differences in stimulant reinforcement as a function of DRD2 alleleStacey C Sigmon; Fiscal Year: 2010..What has not been examined to our knowledge is how individuals, prospectively identified as DRD2 A1 allele carriers or noncarriers, may differ in their sensitivity to the reinforcing effects of stimulants...
- Polymorphisms Related to Dopamine Receptor Function and SmokingERIC CHRISTIAN DONNY; Fiscal Year: 2010..to utilize established human laboratory procedures and functional neuroimaging to rigorously assess the impact of DRD2/ANKK1 Taq IA and DRD4 VNTR polymorphisms on the processing of both smoking and non-smoking rewards, and ultimately, ..
- Development of A Novel Animal Model of Tardive DyskinesiaAbraham Kovoor; Fiscal Year: 2010..is understood other than that a necessary factor is the chronic blockade of D2- like dopamine receptors (D2R) expressed in the striatum...
- Relation of Consummatory and Anticipatory Food Reward to ObesitySonja Yokum; Fiscal Year: 2013..These relations were more pronounced for adolescents with the A1 allele of the TaqIA DRD2 gene, which is associated with reduced D2 receptor density and compromised dopamine signaling in the striatum...
- Structure and function of dopamine receptors.Jonathan A Javitch; Fiscal Year: 2013..as well as DA D2 receptor binding potential, are altered in the striatum of patients with schizophrenia, and D2R antagonism remains the unifying property of all current antipsychotic drugs...
- Prenatal Cannabis Exposure and Epigenetic Mechanisms Underlying Vulnerability toCLAUDIA VARGAS MORRIS; Fiscal Year: 2013..both our unique human fetal brain collection and rat model show a significant decrease in dopaminergic D2 receptor (Drd2) gene expression in the NAc folowing prenatal cannabis/THC exposure...
- ALCOHOL PHARMACOGENETICS IN MEXICAN AMERICANSYU JUI WAN; Fiscal Year: 2009..a relatively high rate of ADH3*2 and CYP2E1 c2 (cytochrome P4502E1) alleles;(3) association of ADH3*2, ADH2*1, DRD2 (dopamine receptor -141C Del/Ins) and serotonin transporter gene-linked polymorphic region (5-HTTLPR) with ..
- Akt/GSK-3 Signaling Cascade and the Actions of DopamineMarc G Caron; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our previous work has demonstrated that in the striatum, DA D2 receptors (D2R) mediate some of their actions through the Akt/GSK3 signaling pathway in a G protein-independent fashion via ..
- Akt/GSK-3 Signaling Cascade and the Actions of DopamineMarc G Caron; Fiscal Year: 2011..Our previous work has demonstrated that in the striatum, DA D2 receptors (D2R) mediate some of their actions through the Akt/GSK3 signaling pathway in a G protein-independent fashion via ..
- Functional Characterization of ANKK1 and its Genetic VariantsWeihua Huang; Fiscal Year: 2010Genetic studies have yielded conflicting results as to whether DRD2-Taq IA polymorphism is associated with addiction as well as other neurobiological traits and neuropsychiatric disorders...
- Generate and Characterize Knock-In Mice Harboring DRD2 Ser311Cys PolymorphismYa Ping Tang; Fiscal Year: 2010..the widely accepted "dopamine hypothesis" for schizophrenia, polymorphism of Ser311Cys in the dopamine receptor-2 (DRD2) gene should be an important subject for further studies...
- PKC-beta Regulation of the Dopmaine Transporter TraffickingRong Chen; Fiscal Year: 2010..trafficking/activity seems to involve two other DAT directly interacting proteins RACK1 and D2 dopamine receptor (D2R)...
- Receptor trafficking profiles of clinically important dopaminergic drugsJennifer L Whistler; Fiscal Year: 2013..D1-like receptors (D1R and D5R) are Gs-coupled excitatory GPCRs, while D2-like receptors (D2R, D3R and D4R) are Gi-coupled inhibitory GPCRs...
- Expression Genetics in Drug TherapyWolfgang Sadee; Fiscal Year: 2013..enzymes and receptors, gaining a powerful link between genotype of proven function and clinical outcomes (examples: DRD2, TPH2, ACE, VKORC1, CETP, and CYP3A4)...
- Neuronal mRNA PET ImagingEric Wickstrom; Fiscal Year: 2010..Cocaine, which binds to the dopamine receptor 2 (D2R), is the most widely abused drug...
- Bio-Behavioral Smoking Profiles in Mexican Origin YouthANNA VICTORIA WILKINSON; Fiscal Year: 2012..sensation-seeking tendencies, participation in physical activities, and by completing additional genotyping on DRD2, DRD4, and the dopamine transporter gene...
- ALCOHOL AND HYPERPROLACTINEMIADIPAK KUMAR SARKAR; Fiscal Year: 2013..Recent studies in animals have identified a role for dopamine receptor 2 (D2R) in mediating the inhibitory control of hypothalamic dopamine on prolactin-secreting lactotropes in the pituitary...
- The Role of STEP in SchizophreniaPaul J Lombroso; Fiscal Year: 2013..We predict that dopamine D2R antagonists activate PKA, leading to the phosphorylation and inactivation of STEP61...
- Transporter Mechanism of Amphetamine SensitizationRong Chen; Fiscal Year: 2011..DAT trafficking is primarily induced by DAT substrate (e.g. AMPH) and D2R agonist (e.g. quinpirole)...
- Spinophilin Signaling in the StriatumAnthony J Baucum; Fiscal Year: 2013..of the medium spiny neuron (MSN) that express either D1 dopamine receptors or D2 dopamine receptors (D1R and D2R, respectively)...
- General method for targeting genes to specific neuronal subtypes in mammalsAnthony M Zador; Fiscal Year: 2013..For example, neurons defined by the expression of the D1R and D2R dopamine receptors represent distinct neuronal subpopulations which play distinct roles in reinforcement learning ..
- Roles of BDNF in Striatal Neurons and Relevance to Huntington's DiseaseBaoji Xu; Fiscal Year: 2013..MSNs are divided into two populations: those expressing the dopamine receptor D2 (DRD2) in the indirect pathway and those expressing the dopamine receptor D1a (DRD1a) in the direct pathway...
- Specifying Human iPSC-derived Medium spiny Neurons for Cocaine Abuse ResearchXin Ming Ma; Fiscal Year: 2012..MSNs will be identified by immunostaining with antibodies specific DARPP32, GABA and dopamine receptors (D1R and D2R)...
- The Histone Demethylase SMCX/JARED1C as a Therapeutic Target for Huntington's DisLeslie Michels Thompson; Fiscal Year: 2012..Other neuronal genes such as the dopamine receptor 2 (DRD2) and preproenkephalin (PPE) are reproducibly decreased in mRNA expression levels early in HD and the reduced ..
- Dopaminergic Neurons from Pluripotent Stem Cells for Substance Abuse ResearchPietro P Sanna; Fiscal Year: 2012..and CHRNA6, the A118G polymorphism of the [unreadable] opioid receptor OPRM1, and mutations in the TTC12-ANKK1- DRD2, among others...
- Roles of BDNF in Striatal Neurons and Relevance to Huntington's DiseaseBaoji Xu; Fiscal Year: 2010..MSNs are divided into two populations: those expressing the dopamine receptor D2 (DRD2) in the indirect pathway and those expressing the dopamine receptor D1a (DRD1a) in the direct pathway...
- Genetic basis of smoking abstinence, smoking reinforcement, and inhibitory controScott H Kollins; Fiscal Year: 2010..work will systematically extend work conducted by the investigative team showing that 1) genetic variation in the DRD2 gene is associated with differential levels of IC;2) smoking abstinence causes significant disruptions in IC;and 3) ..
- Genetic and Epigenetic Regulation of Addiction GenesWolfgang Sadee; Fiscal Year: 2010..enzymes, vesicular and synaptic reuptake transporters, and receptors (MAOA, MAOB, COMT, TH, DAT, NET, VMAT2, DRD2, CHRNA4)...
- A novel rodent model of dopamine agonist-induced impulsive control disordersT Celeste Napier; Fiscal Year: 2012..PPX and ROP activate all receptors in the D2R family;however both have slightly higher affinity for the D3R subtype, which is highly expressed in reward regions ..
- Multi-level Modular Agent-based Modeling for the Study of Childhood ObesityLAURETTE DUBE; Fiscal Year: 2013..interactions influencing eating behaviors and body weight (BMI): (1) genetics (dopaminergic gene systems DRD2 DRD4);(2) neurobiology (dopamine-striatal and executive control functions);(3) psychological predisposition (..
- Multi-level Modular Agent-based Modeling for the Study of Childhood ObesityLAURETTE DUBE; Fiscal Year: 2010..interactions influencing eating behaviors and body weight (BMI): (1) genetics (dopaminergic gene systems DRD2 DRD4);(2) neurobiology (dopamine-striatal and executive control functions);(3) psychological predisposition (..
- 18F-Fallypride Micropet Imaging to Monitor Pancreatic Beta Cell Loss in DiabetesAdriana Garcia; Fiscal Year: 2010..Adriana will test the hypothesis that PET-CT scanning with 18F-fallypride, a radioligand for D2 receptors (D2R) for dopamine, can document [unreadable]-cell loss associated with T1DM...
- Regulation of ethanol intake by prior feeding:D2 autoinhibition in VTALinzy M Hendrickson; Fiscal Year: 2012..food consumption, many studies have found decreases in basal and evoked DA release as well as decreases in DA D2 (D2R) receptor expression in the NAc and dorsal striatum in both animal models and in obese human subjects (reviewed in (..
- Action Monitoring, Action Observation and Dopamine Genes as Predictors of SubstanKent A Kiehl; Fiscal Year: 2013..cocaine-dependent and matched healthy participants for investigation of dopamine transporter (SLC6A3) and receptor (DRD2 and DRD4) genotypes...
- D2 Receptor and Food Restriction Regulation of Dopamine Release by AmphetamineKevin Erreger; Fiscal Year: 2010..Using animal model and pharmacological approaches it has been shown that D2 DA receptors (D2R) regulate the rewarding effects of AMPH...
- Sustaining factors for stress-induced emotional feeding in femalesMark E Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2013..to chronic psychosocial stress increases susceptibility to an addictive phenotype by reducing DA 2 receptors (D2R) in mesolimbic regions, producing a hypodopaminergic condition...
- Genetic Polymorphism of a Schizophrenia EndophenotypeIkwunga Wonodi; Fiscal Year: 2007..In an exploratory framework, we will examine variations in other candidate dopamine genes, the dopamine 2 receptor (DRD2) and the dopamine .3 receptor (DRD3) genes...
- Revealing Novel Mechanisms of Amphetamine Action in a Drosophila ModelZachary Freyberg; Fiscal Year: 2013..faster and this is dependent both on presynaptic dopamine transporter and postsynaptic dopamine (DA) D2 receptors (D2R)...
- cAMP mediation of drug and social rewardKIMBERLY ANNE YOUNG; Fiscal Year: 2010..Specifically, D2 receptor (D2R) activation (and the corresponding decrease in cAMP activity) facilitates, and D1 receptor (D1R) activation (and ..
- Novel Role for Sirtuin Signaling Mechanisms and Downstream Targets in DepressionDeveroux Ferguson; Fiscal Year: 2013..the effects of social defeat on sirtuin signaling in a cell type specific manner in the NAc using drd1-GFP and drd2-GFP transgenic mice, allowing for the identification of striatonigral and striatopallidal medium spiny neurons (..
- Generate and Characterize Knock-In Mice Harboring DRD2 Ser311Cys PolymorphismYa Ping Tang; Fiscal Year: 2009..the widely accepted "dopamine hypothesis" for schizophrenia, polymorphism of Ser311Cys in the dopamine receptor-2 (DRD2) gene should be an important subject for further studies...
- Gene x Environment Factors in Smoking CessationAndrew Hyland; Fiscal Year: 2007..Our primary aim is to examine patterns of tobacco use in relation to genetic factors including the following genes: DRD2 and DRD4 (dopamine receptor); SLC6A3 (dopamine transporter); DBH, COMT, MAOA (dopamine metabolism); 5-HTT (..
- Pluripotent Adult Spermatogonial Stem Cells: Prospective for Retinal DegenerationNady Golestaneh; Fiscal Year: 2010..expressing neuronal specific markers, such as, nestin, neurofilament, synaptophysin and dopaminergic receptor 2 (Drd2)...
- Cumulative Genetic and Environmental Predictors of Youth Substance UseJENNIFER LYNN CARRANO; Fiscal Year: 2012..biologically- and empirically-supported genetic risk polymorphisms in the dopaminergic system (measured in the DRD2, DRD4, DAT1, and MAO-A genes);(b) cumulative environmental risk;and (c) cumulative environmental promotive factors ..
- Refining a Taxonomy for Externalizing Psychopatholgy Using Genomic ImagingNathaniel Anderson; Fiscal Year: 2013..Specifically, 5HTT, MAOA, DAT, DRD2, and DRD4 are featured prominently in this literature and impact monoaminergic signaling pathways responsible for ..
- GENETIC FACTORS IN THE MODULATION OF MOOD BY NICOTINEPaul Cinciripini; Fiscal Year: 2000..effects of nicotine administration and deprivation on changes in emotional processing among smokers carrying the DRD2 A1 and A2 alleles. Data from our laboratory suggest that smokers carrying the A1 allele vs...
- Dopamine and Iron in Restless Legs SyndromeChristopher Earley; Fiscal Year: 2006..Prior PET and SPECT studies found small decreases in D2R binding potentials and one study have reported abnormal prolactin release...