Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: DPP4
Description: dipeptidyl peptidase 4
Alias: ADABP, ADCP2, CD26, DPPIV, TP103, dipeptidyl peptidase 4, ADCP-2, DPP IV, T-cell activation antigen CD26, adenosine deaminase complexing protein 2, dipeptidyl peptidase IV, dipeptidylpeptidase 4, dipeptidylpeptidase IV (CD26, adenosine deaminase complexing protein 2)
Publications226 found, 100 shown here
- Dipeptidyl peptidase IV from human serum: purification, characterization, and N-terminal amino acid sequenceS Iwaki-Egawa
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Hokkaido College of Pharmacy, Otaru, Hokkaido, 047 0264, Japan
J Biochem 124:428-33. 1998b>Dipeptidyl peptidase IV (DPP IV) in normal human serum was purified 14,400-fold with a 25% yield to homogeneity...
- Increased adhesion potency of ovarian carcinoma cells to mesothelial cells by overexpression of dipeptidyl peptidase IVFumitaka Kikkawa
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Nagoya, Japan
Int J Cancer 105:779-83. 2003b>Dipeptidyl peptidase IV (DPPIV), cell surface peptidase, works as an adhesion molecule as well as an enzyme...
- Crystal structure of human dipeptidyl peptidase IV in complex with a decapeptide reveals details on substrate specificity and tetrahedral intermediate formationKathleen Aertgeerts
Syrrx Inc, 10410 Science Center Drive, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
Protein Sci 13:412-21. 2004b>Dipeptidyl peptidase IV (DPPIV) is a member of the prolyl oligopeptidase family of serine proteases. DPPIV removes dipeptides from the N terminus of substrates, including many chemokines, neuropeptides, and peptide hormones...
- The protease complex consisting of dipeptidyl peptidase IV and seprase plays a role in the migration and invasion of human endothelial cells in collagenous matricesGiulio Ghersi
Department of Medicine, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, New York 11794, USA
Cancer Res 66:4652-61. 2006b>Dipeptidyl peptidase IV (DPP4/CD26) and seprase/fibroblast activation protein alpha are homologous type II transmembrane, homodimeric glycoproteins that exhibit unique prolyl peptidase activities...
- Glucagon-like peptide 1 (GLP-1) secretion and plasma dipeptidyl peptidase IV (DPP-IV) activity in morbidly obese patients undergoing biliopancreatic diversionR Lugari
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, University of Parma, Ospedale Maggiore, Via Gramsci 14, 43100 Parma, Italy
Horm Metab Res 36:111-5. 2004....
- Histogenesis-specific expression of fibroblast activation protein and dipeptidylpeptidase-IV in human bone and soft tissue tumoursOsamu Dohi
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, Sendai, Japan
Histopathology 55:432-40. 2009Fibroblast activation protein (FAP)/seprase and dipeptidylpeptidase-IV (DPP-IV)/CD26 are serine integral membrane proteases. They are involved in tissue remodelling, cancer invasion and metastases, mechanisms that are controversial...
- The ins and outs of HIV-1 TatSolène Debaisieux
CPBS, UMR 5236 CNRS, Universite de Montpellier, 1919 Route de Mende, 34923, Montpellier Cedex 05, France
Traffic 13:355-63. 2012..This review focuses on some of the recently identified molecular details underlying the unusual transcellular transport pathway used by Tat, such as the role of the single Trp in Tat for its membrane insertion and translocation...
- Coassociation of CD26 (dipeptidyl peptidase IV) with CD45 on the surface of human T lymphocytesY Torimoto
Division of Tumor Immunology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115
J Immunol 147:2514-7. 1991In the present report, we demonstrated that modulation of CD26 from T cell surface induced by antiCD26 (1F7) led to enhanced phosphorylation of CD3 zeta tyrosine residues and increased CD4 associated p56lck tyrosine kinase activity...
- Cell surface adenosine deaminase binds and stimulates plasminogen activation on 1-LN human prostate cancer cellsMario Gonzalez-Gronow
Department of Pathology, Box 3712, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
J Biol Chem 279:20993-8. 2004..cells, but in some tissues, it is also associated with the cell surface multifunctional glycoprotein CD26/dipeptidyl peptidase IV. By modulating extracellular adenosine, this "ecto-ADA" may regulate adenosine receptor signaling ..
- Impaired recruitment of HHT-1 mononuclear cells to the ischaemic heart is due to an altered CXCR4/CD26 balanceSimone Post
Department of Cardiology, Division Heart and Lung, UMCU, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Cardiovasc Res 85:494-502. 2010..Stromal cell-derived factor-1alpha (SDF-1alpha) and the chemokine receptor CXCR4 are crucial for homing and negatively influenced by CD26. The aim of this study was to gain insight into the impaired homing of HHT1-MNCs.
- High mobility group box 1 is a novel substrate of dipeptidyl peptidase-IVC Marchetti
Laboratorio di Patologia Vascolare, Istituto Dermopatico dell Immacolata, Istituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico, Rome, Italy
Diabetologia 55:236-44. 2012..b>Dipeptidyl peptidase IV (DPP-IV/CD26) is a protease whose activity is increased in diabetes and whose inhibition improves glucose ..
- Higher serum DPP-4 enzyme activity and decreased lymphocyte CD26 expression in type 1 diabetesTimea Varga
2nd Department of Internal Medicine, Semmelweis University, Budapest, Hungary
Pathol Oncol Res 17:925-30. 2011..Our aim was to assess the serum DPP-4 activity and the lymphocyte membrane bound CD26 expression in patients with type 1 diabetes and healthy controls...
- Heparan sulfate/heparin oligosaccharides protect stromal cell-derived factor-1 (SDF-1)/CXCL12 against proteolysis induced by CD26/dipeptidyl peptidase IVRabia Sadir
Institut de Biologie Structurale, CNRS Commissariat à l Enérgie Atomique Université Joseph Fourier, Unité Mixte de Recherche 5075, 41 Rue Horowitz, 38027 Grenoble Cedex 01, France
J Biol Chem 279:43854-60. 2004..In particular, CD26/dipeptidyl peptidase IV (DPP IV), a serine protease that co-distributes with CXCR4 at the cell surface, mediates the selective ..
- Mechanism of HIV-1 Tat induced inhibition of antigen-specific T cell responsivenessM Subramanyam
Department of Pathology, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02111
J Immunol 150:2544-53. 1993..binds to and partially inhibits the enzymatic activity of dipeptidyl aminopeptidase type IV (DP IV), also known as CD26, which is expressed on a variety of mammalian tissue, including T lymphocytes...
- 3D structure of the CD26-ADA complex obtained by cryo-EM and single particle analysisKai Ludwig
Forschungszentrum für Elektronenmikroskopie, Freie Universitat Berlin, Fabeckstr 36a, D14195 Berlin Dahlem, Germany
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 313:223-9. 2004The specific binding of adenosine deaminase to the multifunctional membrane glycoprotein dipeptidyl peptidase IV is thought to be immunologically relevant for certain regulatory and co-stimulatory processes...
- Dipeptidyl peptidase IV (CD 26) gene expression in enterocyte-like colon cancer cell lines HT-29 and Caco-2. Cloning of the complete human coding sequence and changes of dipeptidyl peptidase IV mRNA levels during cell differentiationD Darmoul
Unité de Recherches sur la Différenciation Cellulaire Intestinale Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U178, Villejuif, France
J Biol Chem 267:4824-33. 1992A cDNA (DPCR1) specific for human intestinal dipeptidyl peptidase IV (DPP IV) has been isolated. This 1...
- Expression of ecto-adenosine deaminase and CD26 in human T cells triggered by the TCR-CD3 complex. Possible role of adenosine deaminase as costimulatory moleculeM Martin
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
J Immunol 155:4630-43. 1995The expression of surface adenosine deaminase (ADA) and CD26 in activated human T cells was studied by flow cytometry...
- Human immunodeficiency virus 1 Tat binds to dipeptidyl aminopeptidase IV (CD26): a possible mechanism for Tat's immunosuppressive activityW G Gutheil
Department of Biochemistry, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02111
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 91:6594-8. 1994..Tat binds with high affinity to the T-cell activation molecule dipeptidyl aminopeptidase IV (DP IV), also known as CD26. This molecule occurs on the surface of CD4+ cells responsible for the recall antigen response and appears to play ..
- Regulation of fibroblast migration on collagenous matrix by a cell surface peptidase complexGiulio Ghersi
Department of Medicine Medical Oncology, State University of New York, Stony Brook, New York 11794 8154, USA
J Biol Chem 277:29231-41. 2002..formation of a novel protease complex, consisting of the membrane-bound prolyl peptidases seprase and dipeptidyl peptidase IV (DPPIV), at invadopodia of migratory fibroblasts is a prerequisite for cell invasion and migration on a ..
- CD26 up-regulates expression of CD86 on antigen-presenting cells by means of caveolin-1Kei Ohnuma
Department of Clinical Immunology, Advanced Clinical Research Center, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, 4 6 1, Shirokanedai, Minato ku, Tokyo 108 8639, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:14186-91. 2004CD26 is a T cell costimulatory molecule with dipeptidyl peptidase IV activity in its extracellular region...
- Endothelial catabolism of extracellular adenosine during hypoxia: the role of surface adenosine deaminase and CD26Holger K Eltzschig
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Tubingen University Hospital, Hoppe Seyler Str 3, D 72076 Tubingen, Germany
Blood 108:1602-10. 2006..Further studies in human endothelia revealed that ADA-complexing protein CD26 is coordinately induced by hypoxia, effectively localizing ADA activity at the endothelial cell surface...
- Caveolin-1 triggers T-cell activation via CD26 in association with CARMA1Kei Ohnuma
Division of Clinical Immunology, Advanced Clinical Research Center, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, 4 6 1, Shirokanedai, Minato ku, Tokyo 108 8639, Japan
J Biol Chem 282:10117-31. 2007b>CD26 is a widely distributed 110-kDa cell surface glycoprotein with an important role in T-cell costimulation...
- Comprehensive genetic analysis of the dipeptidyl peptidase-4 gene and cardiovascular disease risk factors in obese individualsLuigi Bouchard
Lipid Research Center, Laval University, 2705 Laurier Blvd TR93, Quebec City, QC, Canada G1V 4G2
Acta Diabetol 46:13-21. 2009..Recently, we have shown that the dipeptidylpeptidase-4 (DPP4) gene, which is responsible for incretin inactivation, was overexpressed in omental adipose tissue of obese men ..
- Expression and activity profiles of DPP IV/CD26 and NEP/CD10 glycoproteins in the human renal cancer are tumor-type dependentAdolfo Varona
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Basque Country, Barrio Sarriena s n, 48940 Leioa, Spain
BMC Cancer 10:193. 2010..b>DPP IV and NEP are ubiquitous glycopeptidases closely linked to tumor pathogenesis and development, and they are used as ..
- CD26 overexpression is associated with prolonged survival and enhanced chemosensitivity in malignant pleural mesotheliomaKeisuke Aoe
Department of Medical Oncology and Clinical Research, National Hospital Organization Yamaguchi Ube Medical Center, Ube, Yamaguchi, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 18:1447-56. 2012..Malignant pleural mesothelioma (MPM) is an aggressive and therapy-resistant neoplasm arising from the pleural mesothelial cells, without established indicators to predict responsiveness to chemotherapy...
- Dipeptidyl peptidase-4 modulates left ventricular dysfunction in chronic heart failure via angiogenesis-dependent and -independent actionsToshimasa Shigeta
Department of Cardiology, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Nagoya, Japan
Circulation 126:1838-51. 2012The inhibition of dipeptidyl peptidase-4 (DPP4) protects the heart from acute myocardial ischemia. However, the role of DPP4 in chronic heart failure independent of coronary artery disease remains unclear.
- Cloning and functional expression of the T cell activation antigen CD26T Tanaka
Division of Tumor Immunology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115
J Immunol 149:481-6. 1992..The predicted amino acid sequence of the Ag was 85% homologous to that of the dipeptidyl peptidase IV enzyme isolated from rat liver...
- Molecular cloning and sequence analysis of human dipeptidyl peptidase IV, a serine proteinase on the cell surfaceY Misumi
Department of Biochemistry, Fukuoka University School of Medicine, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1131:333-6. 1992The cDNA coding for the human dipeptidyl peptidase IV (DPPIV) has been isolated and sequenced...
- Human dipeptidyl peptidase IV gene promoter: tissue-specific regulation from a TATA-less GC-rich sequence characteristic of a housekeeping gene promoterS K Bohm
Gastrointestinal Research Laboratory 151M2, Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, San Francisco, CA, USA
Biochem J 311:835-43. 1995The dipeptidyl peptidase IV gene encodes a plasma-membrane exopeptidase that is highly expressed in small intestine, lung and kidney...
- T cell activation antigen, CD26, as a cofactor for entry of HIV in CD4+ cellsC Callebaut
Unité de Virologie et Immunologie Cellulaire, UA CNRS, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
Science 262:2045-50. 1993..The cofactor was shown to be dipeptidyl peptidase IV (DPP IV), also known as CD26...
- Molecular cloning of fibroblast activation protein alpha, a member of the serine protease family selectively expressed in stromal fibroblasts of epithelial cancersM J Scanlan
Immunology Program, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 91:5657-61. 1994..48% amino acid sequence identity to the T-cell activation antigen CD26, a membrane-bound protein with dipeptidyl peptidase IV (DPPIV) activity; however, unlike FAP alpha, CD26 is widely expressed in normal tissues...
- A marker for neoplastic progression of human melanocytes is a cell surface ectopeptidaseM E Morrison
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021
J Exp Med 177:1135-43. 1993..Five tryptic peptides from purified human ADAbp revealed 100% homology to a serine protease, human dipeptidyl peptidase IV (DPP IV), also known as CD26...
- Dipeptidyl-peptidase IV hydrolyses gastric inhibitory polypeptide, glucagon-like peptide-1(7-36)amide, peptide histidine methionine and is responsible for their degradation in human serumR Mentlein
Anatomisches Institut, Universitat Kiel, Germany
Eur J Biochem 214:829-35. 1993..The relevance of this finding for their inactivation and their determination by immunoassays is discussed...
- Specific binding of adenosine deaminase but not HIV-1 transactivator protein Tat to human CD26J Blanco
Unité de Virologie et d Immunologie Cellulaire, UA CNRS 1157, Institut Pasteur, Paris Cedex, France
Exp Cell Res 225:102-11. 1996..ADA) and the HIV-1 transactivator protein Tat have been reported to bind to human CD26, also known as dipeptidyl peptidase IV (DPP IV). In order to demonstrate the specificity of such binding under native conditions of CD26, i.e...
- The N-terminal X-X-Pro sequence of the HIV-1 Tat protein is important for the inhibition of dipeptidyl peptidase IV (DP IV/CD26) and the suppression of mitogen-induced proliferation of human T cellsS Wrenger
Center for Internal Medicine, Institute of Experimental Internal Medicine, Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg, Germany
FEBS Lett 383:145-9. 1996..Moreover, Tat was found to interact with dipeptidyl peptidase IV (DP IV), which is identical to the T cell activation marker CD26...
- Amino-terminal truncation of chemokines by CD26/dipeptidyl-peptidase IV. Conversion of RANTES into a potent inhibitor of monocyte chemotaxis and HIV-1-infectionP Proost
Laboratory of Molecular Immunology, Rega Institute for Medical Research, University of Leuven, Minderbroedersstraat 10, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
J Biol Chem 273:7222-7. 1998..The serine protease CD26/dipeptidyl-peptidase IV (CD26/DPP IV) could induce this observed NH2-terminal truncation of GCP-2 and RANTES but not that of the monocyte chemotactic ..
- The significance of hypersialylation of dipeptidyl peptidase IV (CD26) in the inhibition of its activity by Tat and other cationic peptides. CD26: a subverted adhesion molecule for HIV peptide bindingR E Smith
Protek, Inc, Dublin, California 94568, USA
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 14:851-68. 1998The functionality of DPP-IV, purified from human placenta and isolated from CD4+/CD26+ T cells of noninfected and HIV-1-infected individuals, was investigated as to its ability to bind certain specific peptides...
- Processing by CD26/dipeptidyl-peptidase IV reduces the chemotactic and anti-HIV-1 activity of stromal-cell-derived factor-1alphaP Proost
Laboratory of Molecular Immunology, Rega Institute for Medical Research, University of Leuven, Belgium
FEBS Lett 432:73-6. 1998..SDF-1alpha was NH2-terminally cleaved to SDF-1alpha(3-68) by dipeptidyl-peptidase IV (CD26/DPP IV), which is present in blood in soluble and membrane-bound form...
- Fibroblast activation protein, a dual specificity serine protease expressed in reactive human tumor stromal fibroblastsJ E Park
Department of Oncology Research, Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma KG, Birkendorferstrasse 65, 88397 Biberach, Germany
J Biol Chem 274:36505-12. 1999..This study demonstrates that FAP is present as an active cell surface-bound collagenase in epithelial tumor stroma and opens up investigation into physiological substrates of its novel, tumor-associated dipeptidyl peptidase activity...
- Internalization of CD26 by mannose 6-phosphate/insulin-like growth factor II receptor contributes to T cell activationH Ikushima
Department of Cancer Immunology and AIDS, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 97:8439-44. 2000CD26 is a T cell activation antigen known to bind adenosine deaminase and have dipeptidyl peptidase IV activity. Cross-linking of CD26 and CD3 with immobilized mAbs can deliver a costimulatory signal that contributes to T cell activation...
- Comodulation of CXCR4 and CD26 in human lymphocytesC Herrera
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Faculty of Chemistry, University of Barcelona, Marti i Franques 1, 08028 Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
J Biol Chem 276:19532-9. 2001We provide convergent and multiple evidence for a CD26/CXCR4 interaction. Thus, CD26 codistributes with CXCR4, and both coimmunoprecipitate from membranes of T (CD4(+)) and B (CD4(-)) cell lines...
- Kinetic investigation of chemokine truncation by CD26/dipeptidyl peptidase IV reveals a striking selectivity within the chemokine familyA M Lambeir
Laboratory of Medical Biochemistry, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Antwerp, Universiteitsplein 1 S6, B 2610 Antwerp, Belgium
J Biol Chem 276:29839-45. 2001..The localization of CD26/dipeptidyl peptidase IV on cell surfaces and in biological fluids, its primary specificity, and the type of naturally occurring ..
- Amino-terminal truncation of CXCR3 agonists impairs receptor signaling and lymphocyte chemotaxis, while preserving antiangiogenic propertiesP Proost
Laboratory of Molecular Immunology, Rega Institute for Medical Research, Leuven, Belgium
Blood 98:3554-61. 2001..Recently, the highly specific membrane-bound protease and lymphocyte surface marker CD26/dipeptidyl peptidase IV (DPP IV) was found to be responsible for posttranslational processing of chemokines...
- Soluble CD26/dipeptidyl peptidase IV induces T cell proliferation through CD86 up-regulation on APCsK Ohnuma
Division of Clinical Immunology, Advanced Clinical Research Center, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
J Immunol 167:6745-55. 2001CD26 is a T cell costimulatory molecule with dipeptidyl peptidase IV enzyme activity in its extracellular region...
- Dipeptidyl peptidase IV activity in patients with ACE-inhibitor-associated angioedemaJean Lefebvre
Department of Medicine, Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN 37232 6602, USA
Hypertension 39:460-4. 2002..defect in a non-ACE, non-kininase I pathway of bradykinin degradation, such as the aminopeptidase P (APP)/dipeptidyl peptidase IV (DPPIV) pathway...
- Involvement of dipeptidyl peptidase IV in extravillous trophoblast invasion and differentiationYukiyasu Sato
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Faculty of Medicine, Kyoto University, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 87:4287-96. 2002Previously, we reported that dipeptidyl peptidase IV (DPPIV), a membrane-bound peptidase, was expressed on human placental cytotrophoblasts. In the present study, we focused on DPPIV expression on extravillous trophoblasts (EVTs)...
- Cell surface peptidase CD26/dipeptidylpeptidase IV regulates CXCL12/stromal cell-derived factor-1 alpha-mediated chemotaxis of human cord blood CD34+ progenitor cellsKent W Christopherson
Department of Microbiology Immunology and the Walther Oncology Center, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202 5254, USA
J Immunol 169:7000-8. 2002CD26/dipeptidylpeptidase IV (DPPIV) is a membrane-bound extracellular peptidase that cleaves dipeptides from the N terminus of polypeptide chains...
- Crystal structure of human dipeptidyl peptidase IV/CD26 in complex with a substrate analogHanne B Rasmussen
Protein Chemistry, Research and Development, Novo Nordisk A S, Novo Alle, DK 2880 Bagsvaerd, Denmark
Nat Struct Biol 10:19-25. 2003b>Dipeptidyl peptidase IV (DPP-IV/CD26) is a multifunctional type II transmembrane serine peptidase...
- Similar increased serum dipeptidyl peptidase IV activity in chronic hepatitis C and other viral infectionsT Andrieu
Laboratoire de Virologie, CERVI, UPRES EA 2387, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, 75651 Paris Cedex 13, France
J Clin Virol 27:59-68. 2003b>Dipeptidyl peptidase IV is a transmembrane enzyme widely expressed in many cell types, but also present as a soluble form in biological fluids. Its abnormal activity is sometimes associated with liver disease related pathologies.
- CD26/dipeptidyl peptidase IV and its role in cancerB Pro
Department of Lymphoma Myeloma, Unit 429, M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77303, USA
Histol Histopathol 19:1345-51. 2004CD26/Dipeptidyl Peptidase IV (DPPIV) is a 110-kDa glycoprotein that is expressed on numerous cell types and has multiple biological functions...
- Dipeptidyl peptidase IV and related enzymes in cell biology and liver disordersMark D Gorrell
A W Morrow Gastroenterology and Liver Centre at Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Centenary Institute of Cancer Medicine and Cell Biology and Discipline of Medicine, The University of Sydney, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Clin Sci (Lond) 108:277-92. 2005..The DPL (DP-like) glycoproteins that lack peptidase activity, DPL1 and DPL2, are brain-expressed potassium channel modulators. Thus the six members of the DPIV gene family exhibit diverse biological roles...
- Circulating CD26 is negatively associated with inflammation in human and experimental arthritisNathalie Busso
Laboratoire de Rhumatologie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, Nestlé 05 5029, 1011 Lausanne, Switzerland
Am J Pathol 166:433-42. 2005b>Dipeptidyl peptidase IV (DPPIV, CD26), a protease-cleaving N-terminal X-Pro dipeptide from selected proteins including some chemokines, is expressed both as a soluble form in plasma and on the cell surface of various immune and nonimmune ..
- Crystal structures of HIV-1 Tat-derived nonapeptides Tat-(1-9) and Trp2-Tat-(1-9) bound to the active site of dipeptidyl-peptidase IV (CD26)Wilhelm Andreas Weihofen
Institut für Chemie Kristallographie, Freie Universitat Berlin, Takustrasse 6, D 14195 Berlin, Germany
J Biol Chem 280:14911-7. 2005CD26 or dipeptidyl-peptidase IV (DPPIV) is engaged in immune functions by co-stimulatory effects on activation and proliferation of T lymphocytes, binding to adenosine deaminase, and regulation of various chemokines and cytokines...
- Hyperglycaemia increases dipeptidyl peptidase IV activity in diabetes mellitusE Mannucci
Diabetology, Geriatric Unit, Department of Critical Care, University of Florence, Florence, Italy
Diabetologia 48:1168-72. 2005Chronic hyperglycaemia increases dipeptidyl peptidase IV (DPP-IV) activity in endothelial cells in vitro...
- Association of plasminogen with dipeptidyl peptidase IV and Na+/H+ exchanger isoform NHE3 regulates invasion of human 1-LN prostate tumor cellsMario Gonzalez-Gronow
Department of Pathology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
J Biol Chem 280:27173-8. 2005Binding of plasminogen type II (Pg 2) to dipeptidyl peptidase IV (DPP IV) on the surface of the highly invasive 1-LN human prostate tumor cell line induces an intracellular Ca2+ ([Ca2+]i) signaling cascade accompanied by a rise in ..
- The Simpson-Golabi-Behmel syndrome causative glypican-3, binds to and inhibits the dipeptidyl peptidase activity of CD26Jamshid Davoodi
Institute of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran
Proteomics 7:2300-10. 2007..cell lines for proteins that interact with GPC3, resulting in the isolation of a 115 kDa protein, identified as CD26. The interaction occurred with both the glycosylated and unglycosylated forms of GPC3 and led to the inhibition of ..
- Decreased dipeptidyl peptidase-IV activity and glucagon-like peptide-1(7-36)amide degradation in type 2 diabetic subjectsAine M McKillop
School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Ulster, Coleraine BT52 1SA, Northern Ireland, UK
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 79:79-85. 2008..These data indicate decreased DPP-IV activity and GLP-1 degradation in type 2 diabetes. DPP-IV enzyme activity appears to be depressed in response to poor glycaemic control...
- Dipeptidyl peptidase IV (DDP IV) in NASH patientsYasemin H Balaban
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology, Abant Izzet Baysal University, Bolu Turkey
Ann Hepatol 6:242-50. 2007..The insulin resistance, immune mechanisms and oxidative stress are the main factors in its pathogenesis. Dipeptidyl peptidase IV (DPPIV) or CD26 is a protein with endocrine and immune functions...
- Stromal cell-derived factors 1alpha and 1beta, inflammatory protein-10 and interferon-inducible T cell chemo-attractant are novel substrates of dipeptidyl peptidase 8Katerina Ajami
Centenary Institute, Faculty of Medicine, University of Sydney, Newtown, Sydney, NSW, Australia
FEBS Lett 582:819-25. 2008..This has implications for DP8 substrate specificity. Chemokine cleavage and inactivation may occur in vivo upon cell lysis and release of DP8 or in the inactivation of internalized chemokine/receptor complexes...
- CD26/dipeptidyl peptidase IV regulates prostate cancer metastasis by degrading SDF-1/CXCL12Yan Xi Sun
Department of Periodontics and Oral Medicine, University of Michigan School of Dentistry, Room 3307, 1011 North University Avenue, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 1078, USA
Clin Exp Metastasis 25:765-76. 2008..Fractionation and inhibitor studies suggested that the activity was CD26/dipeptidyl peptidase IV (DPPIV) and possibly other cysteine/serine proteases...
- Dipeptidyl peptidase IV expression in cancer and stromal cells of human esophageal squamous cell carcinomas, adenocarcinomas and squamous cell carcinoma cell linesMariusz Adam Goscinski
Department of Surgery, Rikshospitalet Radiumhospitalet Medical Centre, Medical Faculty, University of Oslo, Montebello, Oslo, Norway
APMIS 116:823-31. 2008b>Dipeptidyl peptidase IV (DPPIV) is a transmembrane serine protease which is involved in the process of tumor invasion and development of metastases in human cancers...
- Significant lower VVH7-like immunoreactivity serum level in diabetic patients: evidence for independence from metabolic control and three key enzymes in hemorphin metabolism, cathepsin D, ACE and DPP-IVD Feron
UMR 6250 CNRS ULR, LIENSS Littoral, Environnement, sociétés, Equipe MAB Pôle Sciences et Technologie, UFR Sciences et Technologie, Universite de La Rochelle, France
Peptides 30:256-61. 2009..Three enzymatic tests were also applied to determine serum cathepsin D (CD), dipeptidyl peptidase IV (DPP-IV) and angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) activities...
- CD26 expression in mature B-cell neoplasia: its possible role as a new prognostic marker in B-CLLLilla Cro
Fondazione Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico MaRe, IRCCS, Centro di Genetica Molecolare, UO Ematologia 1 CTMO, Laboratorio diagnostica onco ematologica, 20122Milan, Italy
Hematol Oncol 27:140-7. 2009CD26 (dipeptidyl peptidase IV, DPP IV) is widely expressed by T and natural killer (NK) cells, epithelial and endothelial cells of different tissues, and it is strongly upregulated in activated B-cells; moreover it plays a regulatory ..
- Dipeptidyl-peptidase IV and B-type natriuretic peptide. From bench to bedsideMarc Vanderheyden
Cardiovascular Center, Onze Lieve Vrouwziekenhuis, Aalst, Belgium
Clin Chem Lab Med 47:248-52. 2009..that this BNP(1-32) might be an ideal substrate for the endogenous aminopeptidase, dipeptidyl-peptidase IV (DPP IV)...
- CD26 expression on T cell lines increases SDF-1-alpha-mediated invasionP A Havre
Division of Hematology Oncology, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Br J Cancer 101:983-91. 2009b>CD26 is a multifunctional membrane-bound glycoprotein that regulates tumour growth in addition to its other activities...
- Secretion and dipeptidyl peptidase-4-mediated metabolism of incretin hormones after a mixed meal or glucose ingestion in obese compared to lean, nondiabetic menRichard D Carr
Department of Clinical Sciences Lund, B11 BMC, SE 2221 84 Lund, Sweden
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 95:872-8. 2010..The impact of this increase on incretin hormone secretion and metabolism is not known...
- Soluble CD26 levels and its association to epidemiologic parameters in a sample populationLoretta De Chiara
Universidad de Vigo, Facultad de Biologia, Departamento de Bioquimica, Genética e Inmunología, As Lagoas Marcosende s n, 36310 Vigo, Spain
Dis Markers 27:311-6. 2009Previous studies have suggested the use of soluble CD26 (sCD26) as a tumour marker for the detection of colorectal cancer (CRC) and advanced adenomas...
- A subpopulation of CD26+ cancer stem cells with metastatic capacity in human colorectal cancerRoberta Pang
Department of Medicine, Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam, Hong Kong SAR
Cell Stem Cell 6:603-15. 2010..However, the role of CSCs in colorectal cancer metastasis is unclear. Here, we identified a subpopulation of CD26(+) cells uniformly present in both the primary and metastatic tumors in colorectal cancer patients with liver ..
- Serum CD26 is related to histopathological polyp traits and behaves as a marker for colorectal cancer and advanced adenomasLoretta De Chiara
Universidad de Vigo, Facultad de Biologia, Departamento de Bioquimica, Genética e Inmunología, As Lagoas Marcosende s n, 36310 Vigo, Spain
BMC Cancer 10:333. 2010Serum CD26 (sCD26) levels were previously found diminished in colorectal cancer (CRC) patients compared to healthy donors, suggesting its potential utility for early diagnosis...
- Serum dipeptidyl peptidase-4 activity in insulin resistant patients with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease: a novel liver disease biomarkerGabor Firneisz
Department of Medicine, Semmelweis University, Budapest, Hungary
PLoS ONE 5:e12226. 2010....
- Inhibition of dipeptidyl peptidase 4 regulates microvascular endothelial growth induced by inflammatory cytokinesWataru Takasawa
Division of Clinical Immunology, The Advanced Clinical Research Center, The Institute of Medical Science, The University of Tokyo, 4 6 1, Shirokanedai, Minato ku, Tokyo 108 8639, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 401:7-12. 2010..Recently, CD26/dipeptidyl peptidase 4 (DPP-4) inhibition has been used as a novel oral therapeutic approach for patients with type 2 diabetes...
- DPP4 gene DNA methylation in the omentum is associated with its gene expression and plasma lipid profile in severe obesityValérie Turcot
Nutraceuticals and Functional Foods Institute, Quebec, Quebec, Canada
Obesity (Silver Spring) 19:388-95. 2011Severely obese subjects with the metabolic syndrome (MS) have higher dipeptidyl peptidase-4 (DPP4) expression in their visceral adipose tissue (VAT) compared to obese individuals without MS...
- Dipeptidyl peptidase 4 is a novel adipokine potentially linking obesity to the metabolic syndromeDaniela Lamers
Paul Langerhans Group, German Diabetes Center, Duesseldorf, Germany
Diabetes 60:1917-25. 2011Comprehensive proteomic profiling of the human adipocyte secretome identified dipeptidyl peptidase 4 (DPP4) as a novel adipokine...
- Overexpression of CD26/DPPIV in mesothelioma tissue and mesothelioma cell linesVishwa Jeet Amatya
Department of Pathology, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima University, 1 2 3 Kasumi, Minami Ku, Hiroshima, 734 8551, Japan
Oncol Rep 26:1369-75. 2011..CD26, a 110-kDa transmembrane glycoprotein with known dipeptidyl peptidase IV activity, plays a role in tumor development and its expression was reported in various human ..
- Serum level of soluble CD26/dipeptidyl peptidase-4 (DPP-4) predicts the response to sitagliptin, a DPP-4 inhibitor, in patients with type 2 diabetes controlled inadequately by metformin and/or sulfonylureaYoshimasa Aso
Department of Internal Medicine, Koshigaya Hospital, Dokkyo Medical University, Saitama, Japan
Transl Res 159:25-31. 2012b>Dipeptidyl peptidase 4 (DPP-4) inhibitors is a new class of antihyperglycemic agents that is now available for the treatment of type 2 diabetes...
- Characterization of cancer stem cell properties of CD24 and CD26-positive human malignant mesothelioma cellsHiroto Yamazaki
Division of Clinical Immunology, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 419:529-36. 2012..Among these markers, we focused on two: CD24, the common CSC marker, and CD26, the additional CSC marker. We further analyzed the CSC properties of CD24 and CD26-positve MM cells...
- Plasma seprase and DPP4 levels as markers of disease and prognosis in cancerMazyar Javidroozi
Department of Medicine, Stony Brook University, NY, USA
Dis Markers 32:309-20. 2012..We studied whether plasma levels of seprase and homologous protease, DPP4 in cancer might serve as tumor biomarkers...
- Serum levels of advanced glycation end products (AGEs) are independently correlated with circulating levels of dipeptidyl peptidase-4 (DPP-4) in humansNobuhiro Tahara
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardio Vascular Medicine, Kurume University School of Medicine, Kurume, Japan
Clin Biochem 46:300-3. 2013..Further, we investigated the effects of AGEs on DPP-4 expression in, and soluble DPP-4 release from human cultured proximal tubular epithelial cells...
- Glypican-3-mediated inhibition of CD26 by TFPI: a novel mechanism in hematopoietic stem cell homing and maintenanceSatish Khurana
Interdepartmental Stem Cell Institute, KU Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Blood 121:2587-95. 2013..b>CD26 is a widely expressed membrane-bound ectopeptidase that cleaves CXCL12 thereby depleting its chemokine activity...
- Evaluating second-line treatment options for type 2 diabetes: focus on secondary effects of GLP-1 agonists and DPP-4 inhibitorsCassie L Boland
School of Pharmacy, Wingate University, Wingate, NC, USA
Ann Pharmacother 47:490-505. 2013....
- Nuclear localization of CD26 induced by a humanized monoclonal antibody inhibits tumor cell growth by modulating of POLR2A transcriptionKohji Yamada
Department of Pathology, School of Medicine, Keio University, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo, Japan
PLoS ONE 8:e62304. 2013CD26 is a type II glycoprotein known as dipeptidyl peptidase IV and has been identified as one of the cell surface markers associated with various types of cancers and a subset of cancer stem cells...
- Prognostic significance of CD26 in patients with colorectal cancerColin Siu Chi Lam
Department of Surgery, Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China Centre for Cancer Research, Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
PLoS ONE 9:e98582. 2014CD26, dipeptidyl peptidase IV, was discovered firstly as a membrane-associated peptidase on the surface of leukocyte...
- Inhibition of circulating dipeptidyl peptidase 4 activity in patients with metastatic prostate cancerArpi Nazarian
From the Protein Center, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10065
Mol Cell Proteomics 13:3082-96. 2014..We identified the protease in question as dipeptidyl peptidase 4 (DPP4) by analyzing selected knockout mice and evaluating the effect of specific inhibitors...
- The HIV-1 gp120 inhibits the binding of adenosine deaminase to CD26 by a mechanism modulated by CD4 and CXCR4 expressionJ Blanco
Unité de Virologie et dImmunologie Cellulaire, ERS 572 CNRS, Institut Pasteur, 28 rue Dr Roux, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
FEBS Lett 477:123-8. 2000..envelope glycoprotein gp120 inhibits adenosine deaminase (ADA) binding to its cell surface receptor in lymphocytes, CD26, by a mechanism that does not require the gp120-CD4 interaction...
- Direct association of adenosine deaminase with a T cell activation antigen, CD26J Kameoka
Division of Tumor Immunology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA
Science 261:466-9. 1993CD26, the T cell activation molecule dipeptidyl peptidase IV (DPPIV), associates with a 43-kilodalton protein...
- The N-terminal structure of HIV-1 Tat is required for suppression of CD26-dependent T cell growthS Wrenger
Center for Internal Medicine, Institute of Experimental Internal Medicine, Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg, D 39120 Magdeburg, Germany
J Biol Chem 272:30283-8. 1997..which has been shown to play a key role in the regulation of growth of lymphocytes and to inhibit its dipeptidyl peptidase IV (DP IV) activity...
- Circulating dipeptidyl peptidase IV activity correlates with cardiac dysfunction in human and experimental heart failureLeonardo dos Santos
Circ Heart Fail 6:1029-38. 2013The present study addresses the hypothesis that the activity of dipeptidyl peptidase IV (DPPIV), an enzyme that inactivates peptides that possess cardioprotective actions, correlates with adverse outcomes in heart failure (HF)...
- Loss of dipeptidyl peptidase IV immunostaining discriminates malignant melanomas from deep penetrating neviAlexander Roesch
Department of Dermatology, University of Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany
Mod Pathol 19:1378-85. 2006..MIB-1/Ki-67 was analyzed as an example for a common proliferation marker. Dipeptidyl peptidase IV/CD26 was analyzed as a marker affecting both proliferation and invasion of malignant melanocytic tumors...
- CD26 and DPP IV expression in T acute lymphoblastic leukemia cells: immunocytochemistry and enzyme cytochemistryM Klobusicka
Cancer Research Institute, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Bratislava, Slovak Republic
Gen Physiol Biophys 18:34-7. 1999Recent studies have revealed the dipeptidyl peptidase IV (DPP IV) enzymatic activity of CD26 antigen. In this paper, the possible identity of DPP IV and CD26 expression in phenotypically defined T-ALL has been examined...
- CD26/DPPIV cell membrane expression and DPPIV activity in plasma of patients with acute leukemiaCamilla F C G de Andrade
Laboratório de Genética Aplicada, Serviço de Hematologia do Hospital do Câncer I, Instituto Nacional de Cancer, Praça da Cruz Vermelha 23CEP 20230 130, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil
J Enzyme Inhib Med Chem 24:708-14. 2009..The regulation of biological activities of cytokines by DPP IV activity has a potential role in the homeostatic regulation of hematopoiesis...
- Dipeptidyl Peptidase-4 (CD26): Knowing the Function before Inhibiting the EnzymeE Matteucci
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Pisa, Italy
Curr Med Chem 16:2943-51. 2009Dipeptidyl peptidase-4 (DPP4) or adenosine deaminase complexing protein 2 (ADCP 2) or T-cell activation antigen CD26 (EC 220.127.116.11...
- Binding of adenosine deaminase to the lymphocyte surface via CD26I De Meester
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, University of Antwerp, Wilrijk, Belgium
Eur J Immunol 24:566-70. 1994The relationship between CD26/dipeptidyl peptidase IV, an ectopeptidase involved in T cell activation, and the binding protein for adenosine deaminase (ADAbp) was studied...
- The binding site of human adenosine deaminase for CD26/Dipeptidyl peptidase IV: the Arg142Gln mutation impairs binding to cd26 but does not cause immune deficiencyE Richard
Department of Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
J Exp Med 192:1223-36. 2000Human, but not murine, adenosine deaminase (ADA) forms a complex with the cell membrane protein CD26/dipeptidyl peptidase IV. CD26-bound ADA has been postulated to regulate extracellular adenosine levels and to modulate the costimulatory ..
- Immunological dysfunction in HIV-1-infected individuals caused by impairment of adenosine deaminase-induced costimulation of T-cell activationJosé M Martinez-Navio
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Faculty of Biology, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Immunology 128:393-404. 2009The cell surface association between CD26 and adenosine deaminase (ADA) has a costimulatory function during T-cell activation...
- [Identification and localization of exopeptidase activities bound to membranes of Acinetobacter calcoaceticus]G Jahreis
, Bereich Medizin, , Saale
Biomed Biochim Acta 48:517-28. 1989..Only gamma-glutamyl arylamidase is located with its main activity in the cytoplasmic membrane (band M). Only small exopeptidase activities could be found in the outer membrane (band H)...
- Dipeptidyl peptidase IV in the hypothalamus and hippocampus of monosodium glutamate obese and food-deprived ratsRafaela Fadoni Alponti
Laboratory of Pharmacology, Instituto Butantan, Av Vital Brasil, 1500, 05503 900 Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Metabolism 60:234-42. 2011..This study investigates the relationship among dipeptidyl peptidase IV (DPPIV) hydrolyzing activity, CD26 protein, fasting, and MSG model of obesity in 2 areas of the central ..
- Neuropeptide Y, B-type natriuretic peptide, substance P and peptide YY are novel substrates of fibroblast activation protein-αFiona M Keane
Centenary Institute, Sydney Medical School, University of Sydney, NSW, Australia
FEBS J 278:1316-32. 2011..FAP) is a cell surface-expressed and soluble enzyme of the prolyl oligopeptidase family, which includes dipeptidyl peptidase 4 (DPP4)...
- Characterization of glucagon-like peptide 2 pathway member expression in bovine gastrointestinal tractE E Connor
Beltsville Agricultural Research Center, USDA ARS, Beltsville, MD 20705, USA
J Dairy Sci 93:5167-78. 2010..cleavage by prohormone convertase; (2) prohormone convertase (PCSK1); (3) GLP-2 receptor (GLP2R); and (4) dipeptidyl peptidase IV (DPP4), the enzyme that inactivates GLP-2...
- Infections, toxic chemicals and dietary peptides binding to lymphocyte receptors and tissue enzymes are major instigators of autoimmunity in autismA Vojdani
Lab Comparative Immunology, Dept Neurobiology, UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol 16:189-99. 2003..gliadin and casein) and ethyl mercury (xenobiotic) bind to different lymphocyte receptors and tissue enzyme (DPP IV or CD26)...
- Expression and spatial heterogeneity of dipeptidyl peptidases in endothelial cells of conduct vessels and capillariesVeerle Matheeussen
Laboratory of Medical Biochemistry, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Antwerp, Universiteitsplein 1, B 2610 Wilrijk Antwerp, Belgium
Biol Chem 392:189-98. 2011b>Dipeptidyl peptidase IV (DPPIV)/CD26 is by far the most extensively studied member of the prolyl oligopeptidase family of serine proteases...
- Anti-HIV-1 and chemotactic activities of human stromal cell-derived factor 1alpha (SDF-1alpha) and SDF-1beta are abolished by CD26/dipeptidyl peptidase IV-mediated cleavageT Shioda
Department of Infectious Diseases, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:6331-6. 1998CD26 is a leukocyte-activation antigen that is expressed on T lymphocytes and macrophages and possesses dipeptidyl peptidase IV (DPPIV) activity, whose natural substrates have not been identified yet...
- Discovery metabolite profiling of the prolyl peptidasesAlan Saghatelian; Fiscal Year: 2009..Furthermore, the application of DMP to peptidases will demonstrate the generality of this approach for the future characterization of medically relevant enzymes and signaling pathways. ..
- Potential Mechanisms of Glucagon-like peptide-1 in Fatty Liver DiseaseFrank A Anania; Fiscal Year: 2010..It is cleaved by dipeptidyl peptidase IV (DPPIV) and thus it biological half-life is short...
- A LYMPHOBLAST MODEL FOR DISEASES OF PURINE METABOLISMMichael Hershfield; Fiscal Year: 2006..We have defined the binding site of ADA for the cell membrane protein CD26, and provided evidence that ADA/CD26 interaction is not essential for immune function in humans...
- Nancy J Brown; Fiscal Year: 2014..group has identified one biochemical mechanism underlying ACE inhibitor associated- angioedema, that of dipeptidyl peptidase IV (DPPIV) deficiency...
- Jae W Lee; Fiscal Year: 2016..through the regulation of a gene encoding a key modifier of Tgr5 signaling, 'dipeptidyl peptidase-4'(Dpp4), which inactivates GLP-1...
- EDWIN KERRY JACKSON; Fiscal Year: 2016DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Dipeptidyl peptidase IV (DPPIV) inhibitors are a new class of drugs for treatment of type 2 diabetes. Because drugs in this class [e.g...
- Regulation of Stromal Derived Factor-1 Mediated Angiogenesis in Ischemic BrainUmadevi V Wesley; Fiscal Year: 2013..Thus preventing SDF1 inactivation is of clinical importance. Although the protease dipeptidyl peptidase 4 (DPPIV) is shown to cleave SDF1, its role in ischemic stroke is unknown...
- Stress and Platelet NPY in Vascular RemodelingJohn W Osborn; Fiscal Year: 2012..This is mediated by vascular and monocytic Y1R (Aim 1/3A), and antagonized by endothelial and macrophage-derived DPPIV/cd26 (Aim 1/3B), which inactivates NPY- Y1R-mediated and monocytic chemoattractant activities of RANTES and SDF-1 (..
- Cytokine Induced CD26 Modulation of Adult Hematopoietic Stem Cell TraffickingKent Christopherson; Fiscal Year: 2009..Towards this goal, we recently demonstrated that inhibition or loss of CD26 (DPPIV/dipeptidylpeptidase IV) significantly improved HSCT efficiency...
- Jonathan D Kaunitz; Fiscal Year: 2015..Furthermore, GLP-2 is metabolized principally by the enzyme dipeptidyl peptidase IV (DPPIV), a diabetes drug...
- CENTER FOR NEUROSCIENCE EXCELLENCERodney L Parsons; Fiscal Year: 2010..Jeffrey Spees: Adult Bone Marrow Stem Cells For CMS Repair, and 4) Dr. Umadevi Wesley: Role of Dipeptidyl Peptidase IV (DPPIV) in Peripheral Neurogenesis and Neuroblastomas...
- Julia Pinkhasov; Fiscal Year: 2014..recently made a novel observation that in addition to TCR signal, a cohort of molecules, such as CD5, CD6, GITR and CD26 alter the TCR signal potential and contribute to establishing a diverse T cell repertoire...
- Sherif S Farag; Fiscal Year: 2016..studies on CD26/Dipeptidylpeptidase (DPP) IV activities reported herein, we believe that inhibition of CD26/DPPIV will significantly enhance engraftment capability of limiting numbers of human CB cells, and accelerate time to ..
- Role of Oral vs Injectable Glucagon SuppressorsRubina A Heptulla; Fiscal Year: 2013..Sitagliptin acts by inhibiting dipeptidyl peptidase 4 (DPP4) the enzyme that metabolizes GLP-1 and increasing endogenous GLP-1...
- INTESTINAL PEPTIDE HYDROLASES AND PEPTIDE TRANSPORTYoung Kim; Fiscal Year: 2000..The gene promoter of one of these enzymes, DPPIV, will be characterized and mapped in detail. The 5'-flanking sequence of DPPIV possesses promoter activity...
- RAT MODEL OF TRANSPLANTABLE HEPATOCELLULAR CARCINOMADouglas Hixson; Fiscal Year: 1992..of Fisher 344 rats (called the German Fisher 344 rat) which lacks an enzymatically active form of dipeptidyl peptidase IV (DDPIV)...
- MOLECULAR DETERMINANTS OF MULTICELLULAR ORGANIZATIONDouglas Hixson; Fiscal Year: 2003..interactions of hepatocytes or THC transduced with double expression vectors carrying cDNAs for C-CAM and dipeptidyl peptidase IV (DPPIV), a cell surface exoprotease, will be characterized following transplantation into the livers of ..
- Murine Model for Hepatitis Antiviral/Anticancer TestingMargherita Melegari; Fiscal Year: 2004..Recently, a dipeptidyl peptidase IV knockout allele (DPPIV-/-) has been added to the genotype of the recipient mice and this allows direct ..
- Strategies for prenatal stem cell transplantationAlan W Flake; Fiscal Year: 2010..improve homing and engraftment of donor cells after in utero transplantation by blockade of the dipeptidylpeptidase CD26. The studies in this proposal are designed to develop and optimize novel approaches to IUHCT that will be safely ..
- REGULATION OF TISSUE REPAIRWen Tien Chen; Fiscal Year: 2002..A group of serine integral membrane proteases (seprase and dipeptidyl peptidase IV [DPPIV] are implicated in cell surface collagen proteolysis that occurs at the leading edge invadopodia ..
- IMMUNOREGULATORY CIRCUITS IN MANChikao Morimoto; Fiscal Year: 2002..Moreover, the role of Cas-L in T-cell migration will be defined. 2) The molecular basis of CD26/DPPIV in T-cell function and costimulation...
- CD Expression in Prostate CancerAlvin Liu; Fiscal Year: 2004..The CD phenotype for prostate cancer cells is CD10-/CD13-CD24/CD26+/CD38/CD57+/CDw75+/CD107b+, found for many tumors examined...
- CHEMOKINES/CYTOKINES AND RECEPTORS IN STEM CELL HOMINGHal Broxmeyer; Fiscal Year: 2005..These studies should clarity the relevance of SDF-1 and CXCR4 for homing/engraftment and mobilization of primary stem/progenitor cells. ..
- QPP: Protease that Prevents Apoptosis in Quiescent CellsBrigitte Huber; Fiscal Year: 2007..of combinatorial dipeptide substrate libraries, the structural comparison of human and murine QPP with that of DPP4, and the isolation of a physiological substrate(s) by affinity matrix chromatography...
- Does neuropeptide Y (NPY) promote atherosclerosis?Zofia Zukowska; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MINIMAL ENTERAL NUTRIENT REQUIREMENTS IN NEONATESDouglas Burrin; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Tumor Invasion and Metastasis Mediated by Cell Surface ProteolysisMichael J Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2010..Accomplishment of these aims may empower the design of a new generation of MMP inhibitors targeting the tumor cell surface and provide model systems to test the efficacies of these potential therapeutics. ..
- IMMUNOSUPPRESSION IN MYCOBACTERIAL DISEASESZahra Toossi; Fiscal Year: 2001..3. To characterize the T-cell dysfunction of patients with active pulmonary tuberculosis, its relationship to TGF-beta and other suppressive cytokines (IL-10) and its reversal by inhibitors of TGF- beta. ..
- MOLECULAR GENETICS OF LOW RENIN HYPERTENSIONPerrin White; Fiscal Year: 2001..The investigators will determine the role of 11-HSD K in the development of essential hypertension, using both linkage and association studies. ..
- Aging, Angiogenesis, and the Neuropeptide Y (NPY) SystemJoanna Kitlinska; Fiscal Year: 2002..in aged animals; 3) expression of the NPY angiogenic receptors (Y1, Y2, Y5) and its converting enzyme dipeptidyl peptidase IV (DPPIV, which converts NPY to an angiogenically active fragment, NPY3-36) is altered with age 4) age-..
- REGULATION OF HUMAN ALDOSTERONE SYNTHASEPerrin White; Fiscal Year: 2002..These studies should provide insight into mechanisms underlying a genetic risk factor for cardiovascular disease. ..
- Ionic Charge and pH Regulation of Apoptotic SignalingMark Segal; Fiscal Year: 2002..This grant will also enhance the research productivity, fiscal independence and career development of the applicant furthering his advancement towards becoming an independent investigator. ..
- CYCLIC AMP/ADENOSINE PATHWAYEdwin Jackson; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Immunologic Mechanisms, Biomarkers and Subsets in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)MARY A FLETCHER; Fiscal Year: 2011..By defining immune function at the molecular level, we will identify potential biomarkers and targets for intervention with immuno-modulatory therapies and the means to measure the efficacy of these therapies. ..
- MOLECULAR RECLASSIFICATION OF PROSTATIC CANCERGeorge Michalopoulos; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Gut Hormones/Other Circulatory Regulators of AppetiteStephen Bloom; Fiscal Year: 2006..Obesity produces over 6,000 excess deaths a week in the USA alone, yet there is no really effective treatment. This meeting is to advance the most promising approach to a safe practical therapy seen in the last 50 years. ..
- LENTIVIRAL GENE TRANSFER INTO PANCREATIC BETA-CELLSMark Segal; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Neuropeptide Y in neuroblastoma: growth, angiogenesis and future therapeutics.Joanna B Kitlinska; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposed research will be the first to establish the role and mechanisms of NPY's actions in NBs, and determine prognostic and therapeutic values of the peptide and its Rs. ..
- STUDENT PARTNERS IN CANCER RESEARCH AND EDUCATIONThomas Kelly; Fiscal Year: 2004..Overall, these students will be able to communicate the importance of cancer detection, prevention, and appropriate treatment in their professional and every-day personal lives, regardless of their eventual specialization or practice. ..
- Inflammation in obesity: Modulation by Weight LossParesh Dandona; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Early Immune Events in Childhood AsthmaLisa Miller; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Functions of Very Large G-protein Coupled Receptor-1Perrin White; Fiscal Year: 2008..We are specifically interested in the other proteins with very large ectodomains, protocadherin- 15 and cadherin-23. These studies should shed new light on mechanisms controlling development of the retina and inner ear. ..
- Role of Eotaxin-3/CCL26 in Allergic AsthmaLisa Miller; Fiscal Year: 2008..The identification of chemokines that promote allergic asthma is an important step in the future development of therapeutics to target specific molecules within the airways. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Neuropeptide Y and dipeptidyl-peptidase IV (CD26) in chronic fatigue syndromeMary Fletcher; Fiscal Year: 2007..One regulator of NPY is dipeptidyl peptidase IV (CD26). Preliminary data from our lab indicate that CD26 concentrations on lymphocytes are abnormally low...
- Biochemical Basis of Cortisone Reductase DeficiencyPerrin White; Fiscal Year: 2007..Subsets of the genotyping data will be analyzed as an association study, as an affected sib pair study, and by transmission disequilibrium testing. Additional polymorphisms in these genes will be sought in PCOS subjects. ..
- Three-dimensional structure of dipeptidyl peptidase ivPatent Number: WO2004011640-A1; Date:2004-02-05