Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: DIRAS2
Description: DIRAS family GTPase 2
Alias: Di-Ras2, GTP-binding protein Di-Ras2, DIRAS family, GTP-binding RAS-like 2, distinct subgroup of the Ras family member 2
- Di-Ras2 Protein Forms a Complex with SmgGDS Protein in Brain Cytosol in Order to Be in a Low Affinity State for Guanine NucleotidesYoshitaka Ogita
From the Department of Physiological Chemistry, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
J Biol Chem 290:20245-56. 2015..This leads to increased Di-Ras2 stability. We thus propose that isoprenylated Di-Ras2 forms a tight complex with SmgGDS in cytosol immediately after its synthesis, which lowers its affinity for guanine nucleotides. ..
- Functional Impact of An ADHD-Associated DIRAS2 Promoter PolymorphismLena Grünewald
Department of Psychiatry, Psychosomatics and Psychotherapy, Translational Psychiatry, University Hospital Frankfurt, Frankfurt, Germany
Neuropsychopharmacology 41:3025-3031. 2016The DIRAS2 gene is coding for a small Ras GTPase with so far unknown function...
- Di-Ras, a distinct subgroup of ras family GTPases with unique biochemical propertiesKenji Kontani
Department of Physiological Chemistry, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Tokyo, Hongo, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
J Biol Chem 277:41070-8. 2002..Interestingly, introduction of Di-Ras into HEK293T cells induces large cellular vacuolation. These findings raise the possibility that Di-Ras might regulate cell morphogenesis in a manner distinct from other members of Ras family...
- Genetic correlates of brain aging on MRI and cognitive test measures: a genome-wide association and linkage analysis in the Framingham StudySudha Seshadri
The National Heart Lung and Blood Institute s Framingham Heart Study, Framingham, MA, USA
BMC Med Genet 8:S15. 2007..We conducted a genome-wide association (GWA) and linkage analysis exploring the genetic basis of these endophenotypes in a community-based sample...
- DIRAS2 is associated with adult ADHD, related traits, and co-morbid disordersAndreas Reif
Department of Psychiatry, University of Wurzburg, Wurzburg, Germany
Neuropsychopharmacology 36:2318-27. 2011..This locus contains the brain-expressed GTP-binding RAS-like 2 gene (DIRAS2) thought to regulate neurogenesis...
- Neurotrophic Factors: Genetic Variation and Serum Levels in Brain AgingSudha Seshadri; Fiscal Year: 2010....