Gene Symbol: DHRS2
Description: dehydrogenase/reductase 2
Alias: HEP27, SDR25C1, dehydrogenase/reductase SDR family member 2, mitochondrial, dehydrogenase/reductase (SDR family) member 2, dehydrogenase/reductase member 2, dicarbonyl reductase HEP27, protein D, short chain dehydrogenase/reductase family 25C member 1, short-chain alcohol dehydrogenase family member
- Selective effects of a fiber chimeric conditionally replicative adenovirus armed with hep27 gene on renal cancer cellLin Fang
a Jiangsu Key Laboratory of Biological Cancer Therapy, Xuzhou Medical College, Xuzhou, China
Cancer Biol Ther 17:664-73. 2016..b>Hep27, a member of dehydrogenase/reductase (SDR) family, can bind to Mdm2, resulting in the attenuation of Mdm2-mediated ..
- Lipid metabolism genes in contralateral unaffected breast and estrogen receptor status of breast cancerJun Wang
Department of Surgery, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Cancer Prev Res (Phila) 6:321-30. 2013..When compared to the healthy controls in the validation set, significant overexpression of 4 genes (DHRS2, HMGCS2, HPGD and ACSL3) was observed in ER- cases, with significantly lower expression of UGT2B11 and APOD in ER+ ..
- Molecular and functional evolution of human DHRS2 and DHRS4 duplicated genesFranco Gabrielli
Department of Experimental Pathology and Medical Biotechnology, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
Gene 511:461-9. 2012Human DHRS2 and DHRS4 genes code for similar NADP-dependent short-chain carbonyl-reductase enzymes having different substrate specificity...
- Glucose reintroduction triggers the activation of Nrf2 during experimental ischemia reperfusionDaniel Crean
Conway Institute of Biomolecular and Biomedical Research, School of Medicine and Medical Science, University College Dublin, Belfield, Dublin 4, Ireland
Mol Cell Biochem 366:231-8. 2012..enzymes NQO1, Aldo-keto reductase family 1, members C1-3 and dehydrogenase/reductase (SDR family) member 2 (DHRS2), all genes demonstrated to protect against oxidative stress-mediated cellular injury...
- Pancreatic small cells: analysis of quiescence, long-term maintenance and insulin expression in vitroM Petropavlovskaia
Department of Surgery, McGill University and Research Institute of the McGill University Health Center, 1650 Cedar Ave, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3G1A4
Exp Cell Res 313:931-42. 2007..of small cells correlates with up-regulation of Cdk inhibitors p27(Kip1), p16(INK4a) and p21(CIP1), PTEN, Hep27 and Foxo1a and with down-regulation of c-Myc and the receptors for EGF, FGF2 and HGF...
- Bioinformatic and biochemical characterization of DCXR and DHRS2/4 from Caenorhabditis elegansMichael Kisiela
Institute of Toxicology and Pharmacology for Natural Scientists, University Medical School Schleswig Holstein, Kiel, Germany
Chem Biol Interact 191:75-82. 2011..the human enzymes dicarbonyl/l-xylulose reductase (DCXR), and dehydrogenase/reductase members 2 and 4 (DHRS2, DHRS4) in terms of metabolism of xenobiotics, orthologues from the model organism Caenorhabditis elegans (C...
- Potential tumor suppressor role for the c-Myb oncogene in luminal breast cancerAaron R Thorner
Curriculum in Genetics and Molecular Biology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e13073. 2010..However, the role of c-Myb in mammopoeisis and breast tumorigenesis is poorly understood, despite its high expression in the majority of breast cancer cases (60-80%)...
- Mitochondrial Hep27 is a c-Myb target gene that inhibits Mdm2 and stabilizes p53Chad Deisenroth
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Mol Cell Biol 30:3981-93. 2010..One significant binding protein identified was Hep27, a member of the short-chain alcohol dehydrogenase/reductase (SDR) family of enzymes...
- Suppression of annexin A11 in ovarian cancer: implications in chemoresistanceJin Song
Department of Pathology, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
Neoplasia 11:605-14, 1 p following 614. 2009..Many of them such as HMOX1, TGFBI, LY6D, S100P, EIF4EBP2, DHRS2, and PCSK9 have been involved in apoptosis, cell cycling/proliferation, cell adhesion/migration, transcription ..
- Proteomic approach to ETV5 during endometrial carcinoma invasion reveals a link to oxidative stressMarta Monge
Biomedical Research Unit, Research Institute, Vall d Hebron University Hospital, Barcelona 08035, Spain
Carcinogenesis 30:1288-97. 2009..In addition, we characterized the specific upregulation of the nuclear dehydrogenase/reductase Hep27 as well as its ERM/ETV5-dependent mitochondrial localization...
- Identifying novel peroxisomal proteinsJohn Hawkins
ARC Centre for Complex Systems, The University of Queensland, St Lucia, Queensland 4072, Australia
Proteins 69:606-16. 2007..in vitro using immunofluorescent detection of myc-epitope-tagged proteins in transiently transfected BHK-21 cells (Dhrs2, Serhl, and Ehhadh)...
- Identification of a novel nuclear protein synthesized in growth-arrested human hepatoblastoma HepG2 cellsG Donadel
Institute of Biological Chemistry, University of Pisa, Italy
Eur J Biochem 195:723-9. 1991..HepG2 cells, growth-inhibited for 30 h with butyrate, synthesize and accumulate a nuclear protein, called D. Protein D synthesis is inhibited in cells which, released from the butyrate block, have resumed DNA synthesis as well as ..
- Hep27, a member of the short-chain dehydrogenase/reductase family, is an NADPH-dependent dicarbonyl reductase expressed in vascular endothelial tissueN Shafqat
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, Karolinska Institutet, 171 77, Stockholm, Sweden
Cell Mol Life Sci 63:1205-13. 2006Human Hep27 was originally isolated from growth-arrested HepG2 cells and identified as a member of the superfamily of short-chain dehydrogenases/reductases (SDR)...
- Japanese single nucleotide polymorphism database for 267 possible drug-related genesAritoshi Iida
Laboratories for Pharmacogenetics, RIKEN SNP Research Center, c o Institute of Medical Science, The University of Tokyo, 4 6 1 Shirokanedai, Minato ku, Tokyo 108 8639, Japan
Cancer Sci 97:16-24. 2006..The database established in this study makes us confident of achieving one of our goals, which is establishment of personalized medicine...
- Depsipeptide-resistant KU812 cells show reversible P-glycoprotein expression, hyper-acetylated histones, and modulated gene expression profileHisashi Yamada
Department of Molecular Genetics, Institute of DNA Medicine, Jikei University School of Medicine, Nishi Shinbashi 3 25 8, Minato ku, Tokyo 105 8461, Japan
Leuk Res 30:723-34. 2006..Among the three genes with decreased expression, HEP27 was most dramatically downregulated...
- Combination of Dsb coexpression and an addition of sorbitol markedly enhanced soluble expression of single-chain Fv in Escherichia coliDuanpen Sandee
Department of Biotechnology, Graduate School of Engineering, Osaka University, Suita, Osaka, Japan
Biotechnol Bioeng 91:418-24. 2005..toward the same epitope on a hepatocellular carcinoma cell line (HCC-S102) recognized by intact antibody (Ab) (Hep27 Mab). Here, we report an effective method for soluble expression of scFv in E...
- Positive and negative determinants of target gene specificity in myb transcription factorsWanli Lei
Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131 0001, USA
J Biol Chem 279:29519-27. 2004..positive and negative elements in A-Myb and c-Myb that were required for the regulation of specific genes, such as DHRS2, DSIPI, and mim-1...
- Construction and high cytoplasmic expression of a tumoricidal single-chain antibody against hepatocellular carcinomaDuanpen Sandee
Department of Biotechnology, Graduate School of Engineering, Osaka University, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
BMC Biotechnol 2:16. 2002b>Hep27 monoclonal (Hep27 Mab) is an antibody against hepatocellular carcinoma. Hep27 Mab itself can inhibit the growth of a hepatocellular carcinoma cell line (HCC-S102)...
- A human short-chain dehydrogenase/reductase gene: structure, chromosomal localization, tissue expression and subcellular localization of its productSilvia Pellegrini
Department of Experimental Pathology and Medical Biotechnology, University of Pisa, Via S Zeno 37, I 56127 Pisa, Italy
Biochim Biophys Acta 1574:215-22. 2002We have previously described the cloning of Hep27, a short-chain dehydrogenase/reductase, which is synthesized in human hepatoblastoma HepG2 cells following growth arrest induced by butyrate treatment...
- Genomic organization of the human gene HEP27: alternative promoter usage in HepG2 cells and monocyte-derived dendritic cellsSven Heinz
Department of Hematology and Oncology, University Hospital, 93042 Regensburg, Germany
Genomics 79:608-15. 2002..Among other genes, we identified HEP27, encoding a member of the short chain alcohol dehydrogenase/reductase family to be upregulated during monocyte to ..
- A nuclear protein, synthesized in growth-arrested human hepatoblastoma cells, is a novel member of the short-chain alcohol dehydrogenase familyF Gabrielli
Department of Physiology and Biochemistry, University of Pisa, Italy
Eur J Biochem 232:473-7. 1995We have described a protein (Hep27) [Donadel, G., Garzelli, C., Frank, R. & Gabrielli, F. (1991) Eur. J. Biochem...
- In vivo function and mechanism of the r-protein-Mdm2-p53 pathwayYanping Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2013..During a discovery screen for novel Mdm2 binding partners we identified the mitochondrial Hep27 as a potential Mdm2 binding protein...