Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: DGAT1
Description: diacylglycerol O-acyltransferase 1
Alias: ARAT, ARGP1, DGAT, DIAR7, diacylglycerol O-acyltransferase 1, ACAT related gene product 1, acyl coenzyme A:cholesterol acyltransferase related gene 1, acyl-CoA retinol O-fatty-acyltransferase, acyl-CoA:diacylglycerol acyltransferase, diacylglycerol O-acyltransferase homolog, diglyceride acyltransferase
Publications233 found, 100 shown here
- CD36 is important for fatty acid and cholesterol uptake by the proximal but not distal intestineFatiha Nassir
Department of Medicine, Division of Nutritional Science, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Biol Chem 282:19493-501. 2007..In Cd36(-/-) S1, mRNA for L-fabp, Dgat1, and apoA-IV was reduced...
- Multiple pathways for triacylglycerol biosynthesis in Streptomyces coelicolorAna Arabolaza
Microbiology Division, Instituto de Biologia Molecular y Celular de Rosario, Consejo Nacional de Investigaciones Cientificas y Tecnicas, Facultad de Ciencias Bioquimicas y Farmaceuticas, Universidad Nacional de Rosario, Suipacha, Rosario, Argentina
Appl Environ Microbiol 74:2573-82. 2008..significantly resemble the recently identified wax ester synthase/acyl-coenzyme A (CoA):DAG acyltransferase (DGAT) from Acinetobacter baylyi...
- Efficient hepatitis C virus particle formation requires diacylglycerol acyltransferase-1Eva Herker
Gladstone Institute of Virology and Immunology, University of California, San Francisco, USA
Nat Med 16:1295-8. 2010..Here we identify the triglyceride-synthesizing enzyme diacylglycerol acyltransferase-1 (DGAT1) as a key host factor for HCV infection...
- Acylation of acylglycerols by acyl coenzyme A:diacylglycerol acyltransferase 1 (DGAT1). Functional importance of DGAT1 in the intestinal fat absorptionDong Cheng
Department of Metabolic Diseases, Bristol Myers Squibb Company, Princeton, New Jersey 08543 5400, USA
J Biol Chem 283:29802-11. 2008Acyl coenzyme A:diacylglycerol acyltransferase 1 (DGAT1) is one of the four intestinal membrane bound acyltransferases implicated in dietary fat absorption...
- Overexpression of diacylglycerol acyltransferase-1 reduces phospholipid synthesis, proliferation, and invasiveness in simian virus 40-transformed human lung fibroblastsCarolina Bagnato
Instituto de Investigaciones Bioquímicas de La Plata INIBIOLP, CONICET UNLP, Facultad de Ciencias Medicas, Universidad Nacional de La Plata, calles 60 y 120, 1900 La Plata, Argentina
J Biol Chem 278:52203-11. 2003..To test this hypothesis, we stably overexpressed the DGAT1 mouse gene in human lung SV40-transformed fibroblasts (DGAT cells), which contains high levels of DAG...
- Obesity resistance and multiple mechanisms of triglyceride synthesis in mice lacking DgatS J Smith
Gladstone Institute of Cardiovascular Disease, University of California, San Francisco, California, USA
Nat Genet 25:87-90. 2000..Triglyceride synthesis has been assumed to occur primarily through acyl CoA:diacylglycerol transferase (Dgat), a microsomal enzyme that catalyses the final and only committed step in the glycerol phosphate pathway...
- Thematic review series: glycerolipids. DGAT enzymes and triacylglycerol biosynthesisChi Liang Eric Yen
Department of Nutritional Sciences, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53706, USA
J Lipid Res 49:2283-301. 2008..The genes encoding two DGAT enzymes, DGAT1 and DGAT2, were identified in the past decade, and the use of molecular tools, including mice deficient in either ..
- Re-evaluation of fatty acid metabolism-related gene expression in nonalcoholic fatty liver diseaseMotoyuki Kohjima
Department of Medicine and Bioregulatory Science, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, 812 8582 Fukuoka, Japan
Int J Mol Med 20:351-8. 2007..catalase, and glutathione synthetase (GSS) for antioxidant pathways; and diacylglycerol O-acyltransferase 1 (DGAT1), PPARgamma, and hormone-sensitive lipase (HSL) for triglyceride synthesis and catalysis...
- Effects of the peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-alpha agonists clofibrate and fish oil on hepatic fatty acid metabolism in weaned dairy calvesN B Litherland
Department of Animal Sciences, University of Illinois, Urbana 61801, USA
J Dairy Sci 93:2404-18. 2010..whereas fish oil did not significantly affect genes associated with fatty acid oxidation but tended to increase DGAT1. Overall, our data indicated that bovine liver responded to clofibrate treatment but not fish oil, although ..
- Cloning and molecular characterization of the acyl-CoA: diacylglycerol acyltransferase 1 (DGAT1) gene from EchiumA Mañas-Fernández
Laboratorio Genética III, Edificio CITE II B, Universidad de Almeria, 04120, Almeria, Spain
Lipids 44:555-68. 2009..a gene structure composed of 16 exons, yielding a protein (EpDGAT) of 473 amino acids with high similarity to DGAT1 enzymes of plants...
- Effect of 3- and 4-thia-substituted fatty acids on glycerolipid metabolism and mitochondrial beta-oxidation in rat liverJ Skorve
Laboratory of Clinical Biochemistry, University of Bergen, Haukeland Sykehus, Norway
Biochem Pharmacol 40:2005-12. 1990..Administration of CETTD marginally affected the isoenzymes of GPAT. Diacylglycerol acyltransferase (DGAT) activity was increased by 35% in BCMTD and CMTTD treated rats, but by administration of CETTD the enzyme activity ..
- Concerted elevation of acyl-coenzyme A:diacylglycerol acyltransferase (DGAT) activity through independent stimulation of mRNA expression of DGAT1 and DGAT2 by carbohydrate and insulinRupalie L Meegalla
Department of Central Nervous System Diseases, Bristol Myers Squibb Company, Experimental Station, E400 5269, Rt 141 and Henry Clay Road, Wilmington, DE 19880, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 298:317-23. 2002..In the current study, we report that glucose preferentially enhances DGAT1 mRNA expression, whereas insulin specifically increases the level of DGAT2 mRNA...
- The effects of dietary n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids delivered in chylomicron remnants on the transcription of genes regulating synthesis and secretion of very-low-density lipoprotein by the liver: modulation by cellular oxidative stateKathleen M Botham
Department of Veterinary Basic Sciences, Royal Veterinary College, London NW1 0TU, United Kingdom
Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 228:143-51. 2003..microsomal triacylglycerol transfer protein (MTP), and the enzymes acyl coenzyme A:diacylglycerol acyltransferase (DGAT) and acyl coenzyme A:cholesterol acyltransferase 2 (ACAT2), which play a role in the regulation of triacylglycerol ..
- CCAAT/enhancer binding protein alpha (C/EBPalpha) in adipose tissue regulates genes in lipid and glucose metabolism and a genetic variation in C/EBPalpha is associated with serum levels of triglyceridesLouise E Olofsson
Department of Molecular and Clinical Medicine, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Vita stråket 15, 413 45 Gothenburg, Sweden
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 93:4880-6. 2008..CCAAT/enhancer binding protein alpha (C/EBPalpha) is a transcription factor involved in adipogenesis and hepatic glucose and lipid metabolism...
- A mathematical model for mammary fatty acid synthesis and triglyceride assembly: the role of stearoyl CoA desaturase (SCD)Paul R Shorten
Mathematical Biology Group, AgResearch, Ruakura Research Centre, Private Bag 3123, Hamilton, New Zealand
J Dairy Res 71:385-97. 2004..Our model also predicted that a K232A mutation in the bovine mammary DGAT1 gene that is linked with an increase in milk fat yield would be consistent with a 120% increase in the DGAT ..
- Increased very low density lipoprotein secretion and gonadal fat mass in mice overexpressing liver DGAT1Tomomi Yamazaki
Division of Clinical Nutrition, National Institute of Health and Nutrition, 1 23 1 Toyama, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 162 8636, Japan
J Biol Chem 280:21506-14. 2005..The genes for two DGAT enzymes, DGAT1 and DGAT2, have been identified...
- Cloning and functional analysis of two type 1 diacylglycerol acyltransferases from Vernonia galamensisKeshun Yu
Department of Plant and Soil Science, University of Kentucky, 1405 Veterans Drive, Lexington, KY 40546 0091, USA
Phytochemistry 69:1119-27. 2008..There are two classes of DGATs known as DGAT1 and DGAT2. Here we report on the isolation, characterization, and functional analysis of two DGAT1 cDNAs from V...
- Antisense oligonucleotide reduction of DGAT2 expression improves hepatic steatosis and hyperlipidemia in obese miceXing Xian Yu
Department of Antisense Drug Discovery, Isis Pharmaceuticals, Inc, 2292 Faraday Avenue, Carlsbad, CA 92008, USA
Hepatology 42:362-71. 2005..ASO treatment reduced DGAT2 messenger RNA (mRNA) levels by more than 75% in both liver and fat but did not change DGAT1 mRNA levels in either of these tissues, which resulted in decreased DGAT activity in liver but not in fat...
- Expression profiling of hepatic genes associated with lipid metabolism in nephrotic ratsYunfeng Zhou
Department of Physiology and Pathophysiology, Peking University Health Science Center, 38 Xueyuan Rd, Beijing, China
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 295:F662-71. 2008..biosynthesis, Acc, FAS, ELOVL 2, and ELOVL6, and three critical for triglyceride biosynthesis, Gpam, Agpat 3, and Dgat 1, were significantly upregulated, whereas two genes involved in fatty acid oxidation, Dci and MCAD, were ..
- DGAT1 is not essential for intestinal triacylglycerol absorption or chylomicron synthesisKimberly K Buhman
Gladstone Institute of Cardiovascular Disease, San Francisco, California 94141 9100, USA
J Biol Chem 277:25474-9. 2002..In this study, we analyzed intestinal triacylglycerol absorption and chylomicron synthesis and secretion in DGAT1-deficient (Dgat1(-/-)) mice...
- Molecular cloning and single nucleotide polymorphism detection of buffalo DGAT1 geneJing Yuan
State Key Laboratory for Agrobiotechnology, China Agricultural University, No 2 Yuanmingyuan West Road, Haidian District, Beijing 100094, P R China
Biochem Genet 45:611-21. 2007We report molecular cloning and single nucleotide polymorphism detection of the buffalo DGAT1 gene. Diacylglycerol acyltransferase (DGAT1) is considered the key enzyme in controlling the rate of synthesis of triglycerides...
- Cloning and characterization of an acyl-CoA-dependent diacylglycerol acyltransferase 1 (DGAT1) gene from Tropaeolum majus, and a study of the functional motifs of the DGAT protein using site-directed mutagenesis to modify enzyme activity and oil contentJingyu Xu
National Research Council of Canada, Plant Biotechnology Institute, 110 Gymnasium Place, Saskatoon, Canada
Plant Biotechnol J 6:799-818. 2008A full-length cDNA encoding a putative diacylglycerol acyltransferase 1 (DGAT1, EC 184.108.40.206) was obtained from Tropaeolum majus (garden nasturtium)...
- Comparative genomics and proteomics of vertebrate diacylglycerol acyltransferase (DGAT), acyl CoA wax alcohol acyltransferase (AWAT) and monoacylglycerol acyltransferase (MGAT)Roger S Holmes
School of Biomolecular and Physical Sciences, Griffith University, Nathan 4111 Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Comp Biochem Physiol Part D Genomics Proteomics 5:45-54. 2010..C. 220.127.116.11) and diacylglycerol acyltransferase-like (DGAT) (E.C. 18.104.22.168) genes and proteins, including DGAT1, DGAT2, DGAT2L6 (DGAT2-like protein 6), AWAT1 (acyl CoA wax alcohol acyltransferase 1), AWAT2, MGAT1, MGAT2 and ..
- Expression in yeast and tobacco of plant cDNAs encoding acyl CoA:diacylglycerol acyltransferaseP Bouvier-Nave
Institut de Biologie Moleculaire des Plantes, Strasbourg, France
Eur J Biochem 267:85-96. 2000..Moreover, during the preparation of microsomes from the Arabidopsis DGAT-transformed yeast, a floating layer was observed on top of the 100 000 g supernatant...
- Depot-specific modulation of rat intraabdominal adipose tissue lipid metabolism by pharmacological inhibition of 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1Magalie Berthiaume
Laval Hospital Research Center, Department of Anatomy and Physiology, Laval University, Quebec, Canada G1V 4G5
Endocrinology 148:2391-7. 2007..fat, the inhibitor decreased (to 25-50% of control) mRNA levels of genes involved in lipid synthesis (FAS, SCD1, DGAT1) and fatty acid cycling (lipolysis/reesterification, ATGL and PEPCK) and increased (30%) the activity of the fatty ..
- Transgenic increases in seed oil content are associated with the differential expression of novel Brassica-specific transcriptsNirmala Sharma
National Research Council Canada, Plant Biotechnology Institute, NRC, 101 Gymnasium Place, Saskatoon SKS7N0W9, Canada
BMC Genomics 9:619. 2008..Previous research identified microsomal diacylglycerol acyltransferase 1 (DGAT1, EC 22.214.171.124) as controlling a rate-limiting step in the TAG biosynthesis pathway...
- Beyond triglyceride synthesis: the dynamic functional roles of MGAT and DGAT enzymes in energy metabolismYuguang Shi
Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, 500 University Dr, Hershey, PA, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 297:E10-8. 2009..The metabolic complexity of TAG synthesis is reflected by the presence of multiple isoforms of MGAT and DGAT enzymes that differ in catalytic properties, subcellular localization, tissue distribution, and physiological ..
- Testing candidate gene effects on milk production traits in dairy cattle under various parameterizations and modes of inheritanceT Suchocki
Department of Animal Genetics, Wrocław University of Environmental and Life Sciences, Kozuchowska 7, 51 631 Wrocław, Poland
J Dairy Sci 93:2703-17. 2010..effects of the selected polymorphisms located within butyrophilin (BTN1A1), diacylglycerol acyltransferase 1 (DGAT1), leptin (LEP), and leptin receptor (LEPR) candidate genes on milk production traits using data from 2 dairy ..
- Sex differences in lipid metabolism during reproduction in free-living tree lizards (Urosaurus ornatus)Eva L Lacy
Department of Biology, Georgia State University, Atlanta, GA 30303 3083, USA
Gen Comp Endocrinol 128:180-92. 2002..variation in abdominal fat body mass, liver total lipid, the activity of an enzyme regulating fat storage (DGAT) in both of these tissues, and circulating free fatty acids across the reproductive season...
- Sequential regulation of diacylglycerol acyltransferase 2 expression by CAAT/enhancer-binding protein beta (C/EBPbeta) and C/EBPalpha during adipogenesisVictoria A Payne
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, University of Cambridge, Box 232, Level 4, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 2QR, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 282:21005-14. 2007..Despite the existence of an alternative acyltransferase (DGAT1), mice lacking DGAT2 have a severe deficiency of TG in adipose tissue, indicating a nonredundant role for this ..
- Fish oil fed prior to ethanol administration prevents acute ethanol-induced fatty liver in miceSatoshi Wada
Nutritional Science Program, National Institute of Health and Nutrition, 1 23 1, Toyama, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 162 8636, Japan
J Hepatol 49:441-50. 2008..We examined whether dietary fish oil can prevent acute ethanol (alcohol)-induced fatty liver...
- The DGAT2 gene is a candidate for the dissociation between fatty liver and insulin resistance in humansKonstantinos Kantartzis
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, Diabetology, Vascular Medicine, Nephrology and Clinical Chemistry, University of Tubingen, 72076 Tubingen, Germany
Clin Sci (Lond) 116:531-7. 2009The enzyme DGAT (acyl-CoA:diacylglycerol acyltransferase) catalyses the final step of triacylglycerol (triglyceride) synthesis...
- DGAT1, DGAT2 and PDAT expression in seeds and other tissues of epoxy and hydroxy fatty acid accumulating plantsRunzhi Li
Department of Plant and Soil Science, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40546, USA
Lipids 45:145-57. 2010Triacylglycerol (TAG) is the main storage lipid in plants. Acyl-CoA: diacylglycerol acyltransferase (DGAT1 and DGAT2) and phospholipid: diacylglycerol acyltransferase (PDAT) can catalyze TAG synthesis...
- The Arabidopsis thaliana TAG1 mutant has a mutation in a diacylglycerol acyltransferase geneJ Zou
National Research Council of Canada, Plant Biotechnology Institute, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Plant J 19:645-53. 1999..line AS11, an EMS-induced mutation at a locus on chromosome II results in a reduced diacylglycerol acyltransferase (DGAT; EC 2.3.1...
- A citrus polymethoxy flavonoid, nobiletin inhibits sebum production and sebocyte proliferation, and augments sebum excretion in hamstersTakashi Sato
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Tokyo University of Pharmacy and Life Sciences, Hachioji, Tokyo, Japan
J Invest Dermatol 127:2740-8. 2007..TG) level and the size of sebaceous glands along with inhibition of diacylglycerol acyltransferase (DGAT)-dependent TG synthesis and sebocyte proliferation...
- Osthole improves fat milk-induced fatty liver in rats: modulation of hepatic PPAR-alpha/gamma-mediated lipogenic gene expressionYan Zhang
Department of Pharmacology, Medical School of Soochow University, Suzhou, PR China
Planta Med 73:718-24. 2007..g., 53.4 - 93.2 % for CYP7A, 21.1 - 63.2 % for L-FABP and 34.1 - 57.3 % for FATP4, while the DGAT mRNA expression was decreased by 26.0 - 44.4 %...
- Bacterial acyltransferases as an alternative for lipase-catalyzed acylation for the production of oleochemicals and fuelsTim Stöveken
Institut fur Molekulare Mikrobiologie und Biotechnologie, Westfalische Wilhelms Universitat Munster, Corrensstr 3, 48149 Munster, Germany
Angew Chem Int Ed Engl 47:3688-94. 2008Bacterial acyltransferases are a new class of enzymes, and the first member was identified as WS/DGAT in Acinetobacter baylyi ADP1...
- Cloning and characterization of a gene involved in triacylglycerol biosynthesis and identification of additional homologous genes in the oleaginous bacterium Rhodococcus opacus PD630Adrian F Alvarez
Centro Regional de Investigación y Desarrollo Científico Tecnológico CRIDECIT, Facultad de Ciencias Naturales, Universidad Nacional de la Patagonia San Juan Bosco, Comodoro Rivadavia, Argentina
Microbiology 154:2327-35. 2008..is a promiscuous acyltransferase (Atf), exhibiting acyl-CoA acyltransferase activity to both diacylglycerols (DGAT activity) and fatty alcohols (wax ester synthase, WS activity)...
- Adipose triglyceride lipase in human skeletal muscle is upregulated by exercise trainingThomas J Alsted
University of Copenhagen, The August Krogh Bldg 13, Universitetsparken, DK, 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 296:E445-53. 2009..No change was found in the expression of diacylglycerol acyl transferase 1 (DGAT1) after training...
- Reduced capacity for fatty acid oxidation in rats with inherited susceptibility to diet-induced obesityHong Ji
Monell Chemical Senses Center, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Metabolism 56:1124-30. 2007..These findings provide a metabolic mechanism for the development of diet-induced obesity and thus suggest potential targets for intervention strategies to treat or prevent it...
- Effect of xanthohumol and isoxanthohumol on 3T3-L1 cell apoptosis and adipogenesisJeong Yeh Yang
Department of Animal and Dairy Science, 444 Edgar L Rhodes Center for Animal and Dairy Science, University of Georgia, Athens, GA 30602 2771, USA
Apoptosis 12:1953-63. 2007..such as PPARgamma, C/EBPalpha, and aP2 decreased after treatment with XN during the maturation period and that of DGAT1 decreased after treatment with XN and IXN...
- Amidepsines, inhibitors of diacylglycerol acyltransferase produced by Humicola sp. FO-2942. I. Production, isolation and biological propertiesH Tomoda
Research Center for Biological Function, Kitasato Institute, Tokyo, Japan
J Antibiot (Tokyo) 48:937-41. 1995..FO-2942, a soil isolate, was found to produce a series of new inhibitors of diacylglycerol acyltransferase (DGAT)...
- Eicosapentaenoic and docosahexaenoic acid affect mitochondrial and peroxisomal fatty acid oxidation in relation to substrate preferenceL Madsen
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, University of Bergen, Haukeland Hospital, Norway
Lipids 34:951-63. 1999Decreased triacylglycerol synthesis within hepatocytes due to decreased diacylglycerol acyltransferase (DGAT) activity has been suggested to be an important mechanism by which diets rich in fish oil lower plasma triacylglycerol levels...
- Cloning of DGAT2, a second mammalian diacylglycerol acyltransferase, and related family membersS Cases
Gladstone Institute of Cardiovascular Disease, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
J Biol Chem 276:38870-6. 2001..DGAT2 is a member of a gene family that has no homology with DGAT1 and includes several mouse and human homologues that are candidates for additional DGAT genes...
- A novel bifunctional wax ester synthase/acyl-CoA:diacylglycerol acyltransferase mediates wax ester and triacylglycerol biosynthesis in Acinetobacter calcoaceticus ADP1Rainer Kalscheuer
Institut fur Mikrobiologie, Westfalische Wilhelms Universitat Munster, Corrensstr 3, Germany
J Biol Chem 278:8075-82. 2003..acyltransferase is not related to known acyltransferases including the WS from jojoba (Simmondsia chinensis), the DGAT1 or DGAT2 families present in yeast, plants, and animals, and the phospholipid:diacylglycerol acyltransferase ..
- Expression pattern of diacylglycerol acyltransferase-1, an enzyme involved in triacylglycerol biosynthesis, in Arabidopsis thalianaChaofu Lu Lu
John Innes Centre, Norwich Research Park, Colney Lane, Norwich NR4 7UH, UK
Plant Mol Biol 52:31-41. 2003..The expression pattern of the DGAT1 gene was studied in transgenic plants containing the reporter gene beta-glucuronidase (GUS) fused with DNA ..
- The wax ester synthase/acyl coenzyme A:diacylglycerol acyltransferase from Acinetobacter sp. strain ADP1: characterization of a novel type of acyltransferaseTim Stöveken
Institut fur Molekulare Mikrobiologie und Biotechnologie, Westfalische Wilhelms Universitat Munster, Corrensstr 3, D 48149 Munster, Germany
J Bacteriol 187:1369-76. 2005The wax ester synthase/acyl coenzyme A (acyl-CoA):diacylglycerol acyltransferase (WS/DGAT) catalyzes the final steps in triacylglycerol (TAG) and wax ester (WE) biosynthesis in the gram-negative bacterium Acinetobacter sp. strain ADP1...
- DGAT1 K232A quantitative trait nucleotide polymorphism in Polish Black-and-White cattleChandra S Pareek
Dept of Animal Genetics, Faculty of Animal Bio engineering, University of Warmia and Mazury, Oczapowskiego 5, 10 718 Olsztyn, Poland
J Appl Genet 46:85-7. 2005The diacylglycerol o-acyltransferase 1 gene (DGAT1) was investigated in Polish Black-and-White cattle. The frequency of the K allele was 0.60, 0.68 and 0.48 for AI sires (n=150), young bulls (n=139) and cows (n=213), respectively...
- Plane of nutrition prepartum alters hepatic gene expression and function in dairy cows as assessed by longitudinal transcript and metabolic profilingJuan J Loor
Department of Animal Sciences, University of Illinois, Urbana, Illinois 61801, USA
Physiol Genomics 27:29-41. 2006..Ad libitum feeding upregulated a number of genes associated with liver triacylglycerol synthesis (DGAT1) and proinflammatory cytokines (TNFAIP3)...
- Importance of PPAR alpha for the effects of growth hormone on hepatic lipid and lipoprotein metabolismAnna Ljungberg
Wallenberg Laboratory for Cardiovascular Research, The Sahlgrenska Academy at Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
Growth Horm IGF Res 17:154-64. 2007..PPARalpha is activated by fatty acids and regulates hepatic lipid metabolism in rodents. The aim of this study was to investigate the importance of PPARalpha for the effects of GH on hepatic gene expression and lipoprotein metabolism...
- Generation of novel adipocyte monolayer cultures from embryonic stem cellsTheresa L Chen
Veterans Affairs, Palo Alto Health Care System, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
Stem Cells Dev 16:371-80. 2007..high levels of adipose-specific proteins (adipocyte markers), including PPARgamma2, ALBP, LPL, HSL, perilipin, and DGAT1. The adipocytes are functionally active, as evidenced by their response to lipolytic agents, such as forskolin, ..
- Milk fatty acid unsaturation: genetic parameters and effects of stearoyl-CoA desaturase (SCD1) and acyl CoA: diacylglycerol acyltransferase 1 (DGAT1)A Schennink
Animal Breeding and Genomics Centre, Wageningen University, PO Box 338, 6700 AH Wageningen, The Netherlands
J Dairy Sci 91:2135-43. 2008..46 +/- 0.09 for C16 index. We genotyped the cows for the SCD1 A293V and DGAT1 K232A polymorphisms, which are known to alter milk fatty acid composition...
- Retinol Esterification by DGAT1 Is Essential for Retinoid Homeostasis in Murine SkinMichelle Y S Shih
Gladstone Institute of Cardiovascular Disease, San Francisco, California 94158, USA
J Biol Chem 284:4292-9. 2009..Here we show that the neutral lipid synthesis enzyme acyl-CoA:diacylglycerol acyltransferase 1 (DGAT1) functions as the major acyl-CoA:retinol acyltransferase (ARAT) in murine skin...
- Whole genome scan to detect quantitative trait loci for bovine milk protein compositionG C B Schopen
Animal Breeding and Genomics Centre, Wageningen University, PO Box 338, 6700 AH Wageningen, The Netherlands
Anim Genet 40:524-37. 2009..protein composition could be explained by known polymorphisms in beta-casein, kappa-casein, beta-lactoglobulin and DGAT1 genes...
- Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma activation and long-chain fatty acids alter lipogenic gene networks in bovine mammary epithelial cells to various extentsA K G Kadegowda
Department of Animal and Avian Sciences, University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland 20742, USA
J Dairy Sci 92:4276-89. 2009..intracellular lipid droplet formation and mRNA of ACSS2, LPIN1, SCD, and SREBF2 in response to 16:0, and greater DGAT1 and THRSP with 18:0...
- Osthol regulates hepatic PPAR alpha-mediated lipogenic gene expression in alcoholic fatty liver murineFan Sun
Department of Pharmacology, Medical College of Soochow University, Suzhou 215123, Jiangsu Province, China
Phytomedicine 17:669-73. 2010..The mRNA expressions of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor (PPAR) alpha, diacylglycerol acyltransferase (DGAT), 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl-CoA (HMG-CoA) reductase and cholesterol 7 alpha-hydroxylase (CYP7A) in mouse hepatic ..
- Diacylglycerol acyltransferase 1, stearoyl-CoA desaturase 1, and sterol regulatory element binding protein 1 gene polymorphisms and milk fatty acid composition in Italian Brown cattleG Conte
Dipartimento di Agronomia e Gestione dell Agroecosistema, University of Pisa, 56124, Italy
J Dairy Sci 93:753-63. 2010..acids (FA) in the cis-Delta(9) position in mammary glands of ruminant animals, diacylglycerol acyltransferase 1 (DGAT1) is a key enzyme in triacylglycerol synthesis in the mammary gland, and sterol regulatory element binding protein (..
- Characterization of DGAT1 allelic effects in a sample of North American Holstein cattleMarcos Vinicius G Barbosa da Silva
Bovine Functional Genomics Laboratory, Agricultural Research Service, USDA, Beltsville, Maryland, USA
Anim Biotechnol 21:88-99. 2010..non-conservative substitution at amino acid 232 of the gene encoding the acylCoA:diacylglycerol acyltransferase (DGAT1) protein...
- Ionising radiation triggers fat accumulation in white adipose tissueSung Kee Jo
Radiation Research Division for Biotechnology, Advanced Radiation Technology Institute ARTI, Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute KAERI, Jeongeup, Jeonbuk, Republic of Korea
Int J Radiat Biol 87:302-10. 2011..To investigate changes in gonadal white adipose tissue and lipogenesis-related gene expression induced by radiation exposure...
- Mifepristone treatment results in differential regulation of glycerolipid biosynthesis in baby hamster kidney cells expressing a mifepristone-inducible ABCA1Kristin D Hauff
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Manitoba Institute of Child Health, Faculty of Medicine, University of Manitoba, 715 McDermot Avenue, Winnipeg, MB, R3E 0T6, Canada
Lipids 46:795-804. 2011..elevated only in mifepristone-induced ABCA1 expressing cells due to a decrease in diacylglycerol acyltransferase-1 (DGAT-1) activity...
- Polymorphisms in genes in the SREBP1 signalling pathway and SCD are associated with milk fatty acid composition in Holstein cattleGonzalo Rincon
Department of Animal Science, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA
J Dairy Res 79:66-75. 2012..b>DGAT1 K232A marker was included in the study to examine the effect of this marker on the variation of milk fatty acids ..
- Controlling lipid accumulation in cereal grainsGuillaume Barthole
Institut Jean Pierre Bourgin, UMR1318 INRA AgroParisTech, INRA Centre de Versailles Grignon, Route de Saint Cyr, F 78026 Versailles, France
Plant Sci 185:33-9. 2012..For instance, diacylglycerol acyltransferase (DGAT) that catalyses the ultimate reaction in the biosynthesis of triacylglycerol appears to be a promising target for ..
- Thiadiazoles as new inhibitors of diacylglycerol acyltransferase type 1Patrick Mougenot
sanofi aventis R and D, Early to Candidate Unit, 1 Avenue Pierre Brossolette, 91385 Chilly Mazarin, France
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 22:2497-502. 2012A novel class of DGAT1 inhibitors containing a thiadiazole core has been discovered. Chemical optimization lead to inhibitors of human DGAT1 with an appropriate ADME profile and that show in vivo activity in target tissues.
- Whole-genome association study for energy balance and fat/protein ratio in German Holstein bull damsJ Tetens
Institute of Animal Breeding and Husbandry, Christian Albrechts University, D 24118 Kiel, Hermann Rodewald Straße 6, Kiel, Germany
Anim Genet 44:1-8. 2013..associated with FPR were mostly located in QTL regions for milk production traits, especially in the region of DGAT1, whereas SNPs associated with EB mainly showed positional relationships to previously described QTL regions ..
- The atf2 gene is involved in triacylglycerol biosynthesis and accumulation in the oleaginous Rhodococcus opacus PD630Martín A Hernández
Centro Regional de Investigación y Desarrollo Científico Tecnológico, Facultad de Ciencias Naturales, Universidad Nacional de la Patagonia, San Juan Bosco Km 4 Ciudad Universitaria 9000, Comodoro Rivadavia Chubut, Argentina
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 97:2119-30. 2013..TAG biosynthesis is catalyzed by the bifunctional wax ester synthase/acyl-CoA:diacylglycerol acyltransferase (WS/DGAT) enzymes encoded by atf genes. R...
- Identification of novel single nucleotide polymorphisms in the DGAT1 gene of buffaloes by PCR-SSCPAshwin A Raut
High Security Animal Disease Laboratory, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, India
Genet Mol Biol 35:610-3. 2012Diacylglycerol O-acyltransferase 1 (DGAT1) is a microsomal enzyme that catalyzes the final step of triglyceride synthesis. The DGAT1 gene is a strong functional candidate for determining milk fat content in cattle...
- Exploring the genetic characteristics of two recombinant inbred line populations via high-density SNP markers in maizeQingchun Pan
National Maize Improvement Center of China, China Agricultural University, Beijing, China
PLoS ONE 7:e52777. 2012..5 Mb to 1.72 Mb, and the QTL Oil6 (DGAT1-2 gene controlling oil concentration) was significantly reduced from 10.8 Mb to 1.62 Mb...
- Identification and validation of a selective small molecule inhibitor targeting the diacylglycerol acyltransferase 2 activityMun Ock Kim
Targeted Medicine Research Center, Korea Research Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Cheongwon, Chungbuk 363 883, Korea
Biol Pharm Bull 36:1167-73. 2013Diacylglycerol acyltransferase 2 (DGAT2) is one of two distinct DGAT enzymes that catalyze the last step in triacylglycerol (TG) synthesis...
- Genes involved in muscle lipid composition in 15 European Bos taurus breedsS Dunner
Departamento de Produccion Animal, Facultad de Veterinaria, Universidad Complutense, Madrid, Spain
Anim Genet 44:493-501. 2013..Several genes - ALDH2, CHRNE, CRHR2, DGAT1, IGFBP3, NEB, SOCS2, SUSP1, TCF12 and FOXO1 - also were found to be associated with both lipid and organoleptic ..
- Pharmacological inhibition of diacylglycerol acyltransferase 1 reduces body weight and modulates gut peptide release--potential insight into mechanism of actionJinqi Liu
Merck Research Laboratories, Rahway, New Jersey, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 21:1406-15. 2013Investigation was conducted to understand the mechanism of action of diacylglycerol acyltransferase 1 (DGAT1) using small molecules DGAT1 inhibitors, compounds K and L.
- Palmitic acid and DGAT1 deficiency enhance osteoclastogenesis, while oleic acid-induced triglyceride formation prevents itZoi Drosatos-Tampakaki
Division of Periodontics, Columbia University College of Dental Medicine, New York, NY, USA
J Bone Miner Res 29:1183-95. 2014..Adenovirus-mediated expression of diacylglycerol acyl transferase 1 (DGAT1), a gene involved in triglyceride synthesis, also inhibits PA-induced osteoclastogenesis, suggesting a protective ..
- Nannochloropsis genomes reveal evolution of microalgal oleaginous traitsDongmei Wang
CAS Key Laboratory of Biofuels, Shandong Key Laboratory of Energy Genetics and BioEnergy Genome Center, Qingdao Institute of Bioenergy and Bioprocess Technology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Qingdao, Shandong, China
PLoS Genet 10:e1004094. 2014..The eleven type II diacylglycerol acyltransferase genes (DGAT-2) in every strain, each expressed during TAG synthesis, likely originated from three ancient genomes, including ..
- Monoacylglycerol acyltransferase-2 is a tetrameric enzyme that selectively heterodimerizes with diacylglycerol acyltransferase-1Jun Zhang
From the Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033
J Biol Chem 289:10909-18. 2014..In this report, we investigated the tendency of MGAT2 to form an enzyme complex with DGAT1 and DGAT2 in intact cells...
- Discovery of 6-phenylpyrimido[4,5-b][1,4]oxazines as potent and selective acyl CoA:diacylglycerol acyltransferase 1 (DGAT1) inhibitors with in vivo efficacy in rodentsBrian M Fox
Amgen Inc, 1120 Veterans Boulevard, South San Francisco, California 94080, United States
J Med Chem 57:3464-83. 2014The discovery and optimization of a series of acyl CoA:diacylglycerol acyltransferase 1 (DGAT1) inhibitors based on a pyrimido[4,5-b][1,4]oxazine scaffold is described...
- Recent advances in pharmacotherapy for hypertriglyceridemiaAmirhossein Sahebkar
Biotechnology Research Center, Mashhad University of Medical Sciences, Mashhad, Iran Metabolic Research Centre, School of Medicine and Pharmacology, University of Western Australia, Perth, Australia
Prog Lipid Res 56:47-66. 2014..inhibitors of microsomal triglyceride transfer protein (MTTP) and acyl-CoA:diacylglycerol acyltransferase-1 (DGAT-1), incretin mimetics, and apolipoprotein (apo) B-targeted antisense oligonucleotides (ASOs) can all decrease the ..
- Monoacylglycerol and diacylglycerol acyltransferases and the synthesis of neutral glycerides in Manduca sextaJose L Soulages
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK 74078, USA Electronic address
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 62:194-210. 2015..The comparison suggested that insects may only have a single DGAT gene, DGAT1. The apparent absence of a DGAT2 gene in insects would represent a major difference with vertebrates, which ..
- Maternal restraint stress during pregnancy in mice induces 11β-HSD1-associated metabolic changes in the livers of the offspringH Maeyama
1Department of Epigenetic Medicine, University of Yamanashi, Chuo, Yamanashi, Japan
J Dev Orig Health Dis 6:105-14. 2015..with increased expression of lipid metabolism-related proteins such as alanine aminotransferase 2 diglyceride acyltransferase 1, peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma and glucocorticoid receptor...
- Effects of tung oilseed FAD2 and DGAT2 genes on unsaturated fatty acid accumulation in Rhodotorula glutinis and Arabidopsis thalianaYicun Chen
State Key Laboratory of Tree Genetics and Breeding, Chinese Academy of Forestry, Beijing, 100091, People s Republic of China
Mol Genet Genomics 290:1605-13. 2015..The key enzymes fatty acid desaturase (FAD) and diacylglycerol acyltransferase (DGAT) are responsible for UFA biosynthesis (a push process) and assembling fatty acids into lipids (a pull process) in ..
- Enhancing Cardiac Triacylglycerol Metabolism Improves Recovery From Ischemic StressStephen C Kolwicz
Mitochondria and Metabolism Center, Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA
Diabetes 64:2817-27. 2015..demonstrated that myosin heavy-chain-mediated cardiac-specific overexpression of diacylglycerol transferase 1 (MHC-DGAT1), the primary enzyme for TAG synthesis, preserved cardiac function in two lipotoxic mouse models despite ..
- Effect of casein genes - beta-LGB, DGAT1, GH, and LHR - on milk production and milk composition traits in crossbred HolsteinsA Molee
School of Animal Production Technology, Institute of Agricultural Technology, Suranaree University of Technology, Nakhon Ratchasima Province, Thailand
Genet Mol Res 14:2561-71. 2015..gene family, including the beta-lactoglobulin gene (beta-LGB), acyl-CoA: diacylglycerol acyltransferase 1 gene (DGAT1), growth hormone gene (GH), and luteinizing hormone receptor gene (LHR) on milk yield, milk composition, the ..
- Discovery and optimization of adamantane carboxylic acid derivatives as potent diacylglycerol acyltransferase 1 inhibitors for the potential treatment of obesity and diabetesSuvarna H Pagire
Drug Discovery Division, Korea Research Institute of Chemical Technology, Daejeon 305 600, Republic of Korea Department of Medicinal and Pharmaceutical Chemistry, University of Science and Technology, 305 333, Republic of Korea
Eur J Med Chem 101:716-35. 2015..developed a series of adamantane carboxylic acid derivatives exhibiting potent diacylglycerol acyltransferase 1 (DGAT1) inhibitory activities...
- Identification of genes coding for putative wax ester synthase/diacylglycerol acyltransferase enzymes in terrestrial and marine environmentsMariana P Lanfranconi
Centro Regional de Investigación y Desarrollo Científico Tecnológico CRIDECIT, Facultad de Ciencias Naturales, Universidad Nacional de la Patagonia San Juan Bosco y CIT CHUBUT CONICET, Km 4 Ciudad Universitaria, 9000, Comodoro Rivadavia, Chubut, Argentina
AMB Express 5:128. 2015..TAG) and wax esters (WE) is catalyzed in bacteria by wax ester synthase/diacylglycerol acyltransferase enzymes (WS/DGAT)...
- Type I Diacylglycerol Acyltransferase (MtDGAT1) from Macadamia tetraphylla: Cloning, Characterization, and Impact of Its Heterologous Expression on Triacylglycerol Composition in YeastJosé María Arroyo-Caro
Grupo de Biotecnología de Productos Naturales BIO 279, Centro de Investigación en Biotecnología Agroalimentaria BITAL, Campus Internacional de Excelencia Agroalimentario CeiA3, Universidad de Almeria, 04120 Almeria, Spain
J Agric Food Chem 64:277-85. 2016..In this work, a gene encoding a type 1 acyl-CoA:diacylglycerol acyltransferase (DGAT1) was cloned from M. tetraphylla...
- Metabolic engineering of enhanced glycerol-3-phosphate synthesis to increase lipid production in Synechocystis sp. PCC 6803Xi Wang
Department of Biological Systems Engineering, Washington State University, Pullman, WA, 99164, USA
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 100:6091-101. 2016..Heterologous genes that encoded glycerol-3-phosphate dehydrogenase (GPD) and diacylglycerol acyltransferase (DGAT) were engineered into Synechocystis sp. PCC 6803 to enhance G3P supply and lipid production...
- Genetic and environmental variation in bovine milk infrared spectraQiuyu Wang
Animal Breeding and Genomics Centre, Wageningen University, PO Box 338, 6700AH, Wageningen, The Netherlands Electronic address
J Dairy Sci 99:6793-803. 2016..20 to 0.60. The diacylglycerol O-acyltransferase 1 (DGAT1), stearoyl-CoA desaturase (SCD1), κ-casein (CSN3), and β-lactoglobulin (LGB) polymorphisms are known to have a ..
- Biochemical characterization of human acyl coenzyme A: 2-monoacylglycerol acyltransferase-3 (MGAT3)CURTIS BRANDT
Department of Biochemistry, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan S7N 5E5, Canada
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 475:264-70. 2016..Furthermore, MGAT3 possesses both DGAT and MGAT activities, in vitro...
- Acyl-CoA:Diacylglycerol Acyltransferase 1 Expression Level in the Hematopoietic Compartment Impacts Inflammation in the Vascular Plaques of Atherosclerotic MiceNemanja Vujić
Institute of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, Medical University of Graz, Graz, Austria
PLoS ONE 11:e0156364. 2016..We have previously shown that ApoE-/-Dgat1-/- mice are protected from developing atherosclerosis in association with reduced foam cell formation...
- Novel role of a triglyceride-synthesizing enzyme: DGAT1 at the crossroad between triglyceride and cholesterol metabolismVinay Sachdev
Institute of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, Medical University of Graz, 8010 Graz, Austria
Biochim Biophys Acta 1861:1132-41. 2016Acyl-CoA:diacylglycerol acyltransferase 1 (DGAT1) is a key enzyme in triacylglycerol (TG) biosynthesis. Here we show that genetic deficiency and pharmacological inhibition of DGAT1 in mice alters cholesterol metabolism...
- Acrolein increases macrophage atherogenicity in association with gut microbiota remodeling in atherosclerotic mice: protective role for the polyphenol-rich pomegranate juiceOren Rom
The Lipid Research Laboratory, Rappaport Faculty of Medicine, Technion Israel Institute of Technology, Efron 1, Bat Galim, 31096, Haifa, Israel
Arch Toxicol . 2016..proteins (SREBPs), 3-hydroxy-3-methyl-glutaryl-CoA reductase (HMGCR), and diacylglycerol acyltransferase1 (DGAT1)...
- Diacylglycerol acyltransferase 1 (DGAT1) inhibition by furofuran lignans from stems of Acanthopanax senticosusBan Ban Li
College of Pharmacy, Beihua University, 3999 Binjiangdong Road, Jilin City, 132013, Jilin Province, China
Arch Pharm Res . 2016..All the isolates were evaluated for in vitro inhibitory activity against DGAT1 and DGAT2...
- Hepatic stellate cells retain the capacity to synthesize retinyl esters and to store neutral lipids in small lipid droplets in the absence of LRATMokrish Ajat
Department of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, and Institute of Biomembranes, Utrecht University, P O Box 80176, 3508 TD Utrecht, The Netherlands
Biochim Biophys Acta 1862:176-187. 2017..To investigate the role of lecithin:retinol acyltransferase (LRAT) and acyl-CoA:diacylglycerol acyltransferase 1 (DGAT1) in retinyl ester synthesis and lipid droplet dynamics, we modified LC-MS/MS procedures by including multiple ..
- Exendin-4 Inhibits Hepatic Lipogenesis by Increasing β-Catenin SignalingMi Hae Seo
Department of Internal Medicine, Soonchunhyang University Gumi Hospital, Gumi, Korea
PLoS ONE 11:e0166913. 2016..acetyl-CoA carboxylase (ACC) and triglyceride synthesis-involved genes, such as diacylglycerol acyltransferase 1 (DGAT1) and diacylglycerol acyltransferase 2 (DGAT2) in HepG2 cells, whereas exendin-4 treatment significantly prevented ..
- Adaptations to excess choline in insulin resistant and Pcyt2 deficient skeletal muscleAdrian Taylor
Department of Human Health and Nutritional Sciences, University of Guelph, Guelph, ON N1G 2W1, Canada
Biochem Cell Biol . 2016..Choline reduced the expression of genes for FA and TAG formation (Scd1, Fas, Srebp1c, Dgat1/2), upregulated the genes for FA oxidation (Cpt1, Pparα, Pgc1α), and had minor effects on phospholipid and ..
- Leptin modulates the effects of acyl CoA:diacylglycerol acyltransferase deficiency on murine fur and sebaceous glandsHubert C Chen
Gladstone Institute of Cardiovascular Disease, San Francisco, California 94141 9100, USA
J Clin Invest 109:175-81. 2002..Mice lacking DGAT1 (Dgat(-/-)) demonstrate significant changes in lipid metabolism in several tissues, including the skin...
- Effect of 50 Hz electric field in diacylglycerol acyltransferase mRNA expression level and plasma concentration of triacylglycerol, free fatty acid, phospholipid and total cholesterolTakuya Hori
Hakuju Institute for Health Science, Tokyo 151 0063, Japan
Lipids Health Dis 11:68. 2012..field (EF) on plasma level of triacylglycerol, free fatty acids, total cholesterol and phospholipid and mRNA expression level of diacylglycerol acyltransferase (DGAT) 1 and 2 in liver and intestines from C57BL/6 J mice were studied.
- Gene expression in plant lipid metabolism in Arabidopsis seedlingsAn Shan Hsiao
School of Biological Sciences, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong, China
PLoS ONE 9:e107372. 2014..In both WS and Col-0, ACYL-COA-BINDING PROTEIN3 (ACBP3), DIACYLGLYCEROL ACYLTRANSFERASE1 (DGAT1) and DGAT3 showed diurnal control in 2- and 5-day-old seedlings...
- F3MB(PANDER) decreases mice hepatic triglyceride and is associated with decreased DGAT1 expressionXiaoqing Mo
Department of Endocrinology, First Affiliated Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, No 58 Zhongshan 2nd road, Guangzhou 510080, PR China
PLoS ONE 10:e0117156. 2015..In this study, we investigated the effects of PANDER overexpression on hepatic and adipose triglyceride metabolism in high-fat diet-fed male C57BL/6 mice...
- Seed-specific over-expression of an Arabidopsis cDNA encoding a diacylglycerol acyltransferase enhances seed oil content and seed weightC Jako
Seed Oil Biotechnology Group, National Research Council of Canada, Plant Biotechnology Institute, 110 Gymnasium Place, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan S7N 0W9, Canada
Plant Physiol 126:861-74. 2001..mutation is correlated with an altered seed fatty acid composition, reduced diacylglycerol acyltransferase (DGAT; EC 126.96.36.199) activity, reduced seed triacylglycerol content, and delayed seed development in the AS11 mutant...
- Activities of overt and latent diacylglycerol acyltransferases (DGATs I and II) in liver microsomes of ob/ob miceI J Waterman
Cell Biochemistry, Hannah Research Institute, Ayr, Scotland, UK
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 26:742-3. 2002..Overt and latent hepatic DGAT activities for 16-week-old lean Ob/? mice were 0.42+/-0.14 and 1.57+/-0.04 micromol/mg/min, respectively...
- Dissociation of obesity and impaired glucose disposal in mice overexpressing acyl coenzyme a:diacylglycerol acyltransferase 1 in white adipose tissueHubert C Chen
Gladstone Institute of Cardiovascular Disease, San Francisco, California 94141 9100, USA
Diabetes 51:3189-95. 2002Acyl coenzyme A:diacylglycerol acyltransferase 1 (DGAT1) is one of two DGAT enzymes known to catalyze the final step in mammalian triglyceride synthesis...
- Transcriptional adaptations of lipid metabolism in tibialis anterior muscle of endurance-trained athletesBeat Schmitt
Department of Anatomy, University of Bern, 3000 Bern 9, Switzerland
Physiol Genomics 15:148-57. 2003..muscle 6-phosphofructokinase, PFKM), intramyocellular storage of FA (diacylglycerol O-acyltransferase 1, DGAT), and beta-oxidation (long-chain acyl-coenzyme A dehydrogenase, ACADL) were invariant between TA of trained and ..
- Role of DGAT1 in Mammary Gland Development and CancerSylvaine Cases; Fiscal Year: 2006..the role of triacylglycerol (TG) metabolism in mammary epithelial development and breast cancer using mice lacking DGAT1 [unreadable] (Dgat1-/-), a major enzyme that synthesizes TGs from fatty acids and diacylglycerol substrates...
- IVAN PETER URAY; Fiscal Year: 2014..The acyl-CoA diacylglcyerol acyl-transferase (DGAT1) enzyme catalyzes the formation of triglycerides by esterifying diacyl-glycerol with activated fatty acids...
- Cardiac metabolism and heart failureRong Tian; Fiscal Year: 2010..be achieved by overexpressing the rate-limiting enzyme for triglyceride synthesis: diacylglyerol acyltransferase (DGAT1)...
- Functional Analysis of MGAT EnzymesRobert V Farese; Fiscal Year: 2010..We hypothesize that MGAT2, together with acyl CoA:diacylglycerol acyltransferase 1 (DGAT1), which catalyzes the synthesis of TG from DG and fatty acyl CoA, is crucial for the absorption of dietary TG and ..
- Michael D Jensen; Fiscal Year: 2016..acids via acyl-CoA synthetase (ACS);3) triglyceride (TG) synthesis -mediated by diacylglycerol acetyltransferase (DGAT) were poorly predictive of FFA storage, and thus almost certainly not rate limiting...
- SUNEIL KRISHNA KOLIWAD; Fiscal Year: 2014..I showed that MCs with increased expression of acyl CoA: diacylglycerol acyltransferase 1 (DGAT1), an enzyme involved in TG synthesis (aP2-Dgat1), have increased TG storage capacity and resistance to FA-induced ..
- Robert V Farese; Fiscal Year: 2014..Mammals possess two DGAT enzymes, DGAT1 and DGAT2, which differ substantially in their biochemical and physiological functions...
- DGAT1: Linking Fatty Acids to Inflammation and Metabolism in White Adipose TissueSUNEIL KRISHNA KOLIWAD; Fiscal Year: 2013..In addressing these, I developed a markedly improved proposal. I had aimed to explore how DGAT1 modulates metabolism in the white adipose tissue (WAT), and whether macrophages or adipocytes are dominant in this ..
- Alcohol Intake and Hepatic Fat MetabolismLi Shin Huang; Fiscal Year: 2012..Specific Aim 2 will explore the specific roles that diacylglycerol acyltransferase 1 and 2 (DGAT1 and DGAT2), the two genetically distinct hepatic enzymes that catalyze the final step of TG synthesis, have in the ..
- Human B-cell metabolic signaling under chronic nutrient overloadGuim Kwon; Fiscal Year: 2012..be probed with rapamycin, an inhibitor of mTORC1;BN99, an inhibitor of acyl CoA:diacylglycerol acyltransferase 1 (DGAT1), an enzyme that catalyzes the final step of triglyceride (TG) biosynthesis;and SR-135, a peroxynitrite ..
- IRA JAY GOLDBERG; Fiscal Year: 2016..from this grant were used to create mice with transgenic overexpression of diacylglycerol acyl transferase 1 (DGAT1) in heart and skeletal muscle, and to study animals with a genetic or pharmacologic deficiency of DGAT1...
- Genetic Determinants: Low HDL, High Triglycerides, Obes*Robert Mahley; Fiscal Year: 2003..In Specific Aim 1, we will identify polymorphisms in acyl CoA:diacylglycerol acyltranferase (DGAT)- I and -2 and in ATP-binding cassette A I (ABCA I) genes that are associated with differences in BMI, HDL-C, and ..
- Mechanisms and Functions of Core-induced Lipid Droplet Accumulation in HepatitisMELANIE MARIA OTT; Fiscal Year: 2010..In cells lacking DGAT1 or treated with a DGAT1 inhibitor, core cannot induce lipid droplets and cannot localize to lipid droplets to ..
- IRA JAY GOLDBERG; Fiscal Year: 2015..determine why cardiomyocyte specific loss of the triglyceride synthesis enzyme diacylglycerol acyl transferase 1 (DGAT1) causes accumulation of ceramide and diacylglycerol, and cardiac toxicity...
- DGAT1 Mediated Cardiac SteatosisDENIS J GLENN; Fiscal Year: 2013..The research proposal seeks to understand the role of the enzyme, diacylglycerol acyltransferase 1 (DGAT1), which catalyzes the final step in triglyceride synthesis, in the heart...
- Robert V Farese; Fiscal Year: 2015..We accomplish this by inducing acyl CoA: diacylglycerol acyltransferase (DGAT) 1 or DGAT2, which catalyze TG synthesis and lie just upstream to the process of LD formation...
- Flavonoids in the Amelioration of HypertiglyceridemiaAndre Theriault; Fiscal Year: 2004..of hepatic microsomal triglyceride transfer protein (MTP) protein expression and diacylglycerol acyltransferase (DGAT) activity. These results are preliminary and need to be confirmed on a larger scale...
- Increased leptin sensitivity in Dgat -/- miceHubert Chen; Fiscal Year: 2003..sensitivity protect against obesity and diabetes? Studies of mice lacking acyI:CoA diacylglycerol acyltransferase (DGAT) may address these questions. DGAT catalyzes the final step in the major pathways of triglyceride synthesis...
- Fatty acid metabolism and DGAT1 deficiencyCLAUDIO VILLANUEVA; Fiscal Year: 2006..Mice lacking DGAT1, an enzyme involved in triacylglycerol synthesis, have increased energy expenditure and are therefore obesity ..
- Triglyceride Synthesis and LipotoxicityRobert Farese; Fiscal Year: 2006..Aim 1 describes the generation and analysis of mice that overexpress DGAT1 in skeletal muscle, pancreatic beta cells, and cardiac muscle...
- Molecular Analysis of Drosophila GABA TransportersSandra Leal; Fiscal Year: 2003..We hypothesize that alterations in GABA-mediated neurotransmission via perturbations in DGAT function will result in aberrant behaviors...
- MOLECULAR ANALYSIS OF THE DROSOPHILA GABA TRANSPORTERSWendi Neckameyer; Fiscal Year: 2001..This application proposes to (1) identify and pharmacologically characterize distinct members of the DGAT family, (2) identify their temporal and spatial expression to provide insight into their functional roles, and (3) ..
- Role of DGAT in Triacyglycerol MetabolismRobert V Farese; Fiscal Year: 2010..Mammals possess two DGAT enzymes, DGAT1 and DGAT2, which differ substantially in their biochemical and physiological functions...
- The Role of DGAT1 In Muscle LipotoxicityYi Hao Yu; Fiscal Year: 2006..the development of steatosis, we propose to develop two transgenic mice with tissue-specific overexpression of the Dgat1 (diacylglycerol acyltransferase-1, or DGAT1) gene...
- DGAT Overexpression In Mouse Adipose Tissue and MuscleYi Hao Yu; Fiscal Year: 2006..Two transgenic mouse models with tissue-specific overexpression of diacylglycerol acyl transferase (DGAT) will be studied. DGAT is a key enzyme in triglyceride (TG) synthesis...
- High fat feeding and intramyocellular lipid abnormalityZengKui Guo; Fiscal Year: 2005..Thus, the proposed research will improve the understanding of the mechanism of insulin resistance and imcTG abnormalities in the obese rat that will benefit investigation of human obesity. ..
- LIPID METABOLISM IN FAT CELLSWen Guo; Fiscal Year: 2010..Together, these studies will provide new insights into the stress-induced regulation of lipogenesis in adipocytes, a potentially important avenue for modulating energy balance. ..