Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: DEN1
Description: SUMO/sentrin peptidase family member, NEDD8 specific
Alias: DEN1, NEDP1, PRSC2, sentrin-specific protease 8, NEDD8 specific-protease cysteine 2, NEDD8-specific protease 1, SUMO sentrin specific protease family member 8, SUMO/sentrin specific peptidase family member 8, deneddylase 1, protease, cysteine 2
- Mdm2-mediated NEDD8 conjugation of p53 inhibits its transcriptional activityDimitris P Xirodimas
University of Dundee, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, Department of Surgery and Molecular Oncology, Dundee DD1 9SY, UK
Cell 118:83-97. 2004....
- Short Communication: detection of dengue virus antigens in desiccated mosquitoes: an improved tool for surveillanceV Thenmozhi
Centre for Research in Medical Entomology, Indian Council of Medical Research, 4 Sarojini Street, Chinna Chokkikulam, Madurai 625 002, India
Trop Med Int Health 10:187-9. 2005..We tested the effect of storage on the stability of DEN1, DEN2, DEN3 and DEN4 antigens...
- Solution structure of the envelope protein domain III of dengue-4 virusDavid E Volk
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX 77555 1157, USA
Virology 364:147-54. 2007The disease dengue (DEN) is caused by four serologically related viruses termed DEN1, DEN2, DEN3 and DEN4. The structure of the ectodomain of the envelope protein has been determined previously for DEN2 and DEN3 viruses...
- Systematic in vivo RNAi analysis identifies IAPs as NEDD8-E3 ligasesMeike Broemer
The Breakthrough Toby Robins Breast Cancer Research Centre, Institute of Cancer Research, Mary Jean Mitchell Green Building, Chester Beatty Laboratories, Fulham Road, London SW3 6JB, UK
Mol Cell 40:810-22. 2010..Consistent with the notion that attachment of NEDD8 prevents cell death, genetic ablation of deneddylase 1 (DEN1) suppresses apoptosis...
- The molecular determinants of NEDD8 specific recognition by human SENP8Yung Cheng Shin
Department of Biochemical Science and Technology, College of Life Science, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
PLoS ONE 6:e27742. 2011..However, USP2 cannot cleave the N51E/A72R double mutant of the CrNEDD8 subdomain, suggesting that USP2 requires additional recognition sites...
- DEN1 is a dual function protease capable of processing the C terminus of Nedd8 and deconjugating hyper-neddylated CUL1Kenneth Wu
Derald H Ruttenberg Cancer Center and Department of Human Genetics, The Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029 6574, USA
J Biol Chem 278:28882-91. 2003..Here we report the isolation, cloning, and characterization of a novel human Nedd8-specific protease called DEN1. Human DEN1 is encoded by AAH31411...
- Structural basis of NEDD8 ubiquitin discrimination by the deNEDDylating enzyme NEDP1Lin Nan Shen
Centre for Biomolecular Sciences, University of St Andrews, North Haugh, St Andrews, Fife, UK
EMBO J 24:1341-51. 2005NEDD8 (neural precursor cell expressed developmentally downregulated gene 8)-specific protease NEDP1 processes preNEDD8 to its mature form and deconjugates NEDD8 from substrates such as p53 and cullins...
- Structure of a complex between Nedd8 and the Ulp/Senp protease family member Den1David Reverter
Structural Biology Program, Sloan Kettering Institute, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Mol Biol 345:141-51. 2005..We now report the X-ray structures of the human Nedd8-specific protease, Den1, in a complex with the inhibitor Nedd8 aldehyde, thus revealing a model for the tetrahedral transition state ..
- Chemotherapy induces NEDP1-mediated destabilization of MDM2I R Watson
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Oncogene 29:297-304. 2010..Here, we show that the stability of MDM2 is regulated by an ubiquitin-like NEDD8 pathway and identify NEDP1 as a chemotherapy-induced isopeptidase that deneddylates MDM2, resulting in MDM2 destabilization concomitant with ..
- Identification and characterization of DEN1, a deneddylase of the ULP familyTudeviin Gan-Erdene
Department of Biochemistry, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
J Biol Chem 278:28892-900. 2003..In contrast, a second and more selective enzyme is labeled only by Nedd8 vinyl sulfone. This protein, DEN1, is a 221-amino acid thiol protease that is encoded by an open reading frame previously annotated as SENP8...
- NEDP1, a highly conserved cysteine protease that deNEDDylates CullinsHeidi M Mendoza
Centre for Biomolecular Sciences, School of Biology, University of St Andrews, North Haugh, St Andrews, Fife KY169AL, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 278:25637-43. 2003..Here we identify and characterize NEDP1, a human NEDD8-specific protease...
- The covalent modifier Nedd8 is critical for the activation of Smurf1 ubiquitin ligase in tumorigenesisPing Xie
1 State Key Laboratory of Proteomics, Beijing Proteome Research Center, Beijing Institute of Radiation Medicine, Collaborative Innovation Center for Cancer Medicine, Beijing 100850, China 2 Institute of Cancer Stem Cell, Dalian Medical University, Dalian, Liaoning Province 116044, China 3
Nat Commun 5:3733. 2014..These findings provide evidence that neddylation is important in HECT ubiquitin ligase activation and shed new light on the tumour-promoting role of Smurf1. ..
- DENEDDYLASE1 counters automodification of neddylating enzymes to maintain NEDD8 homeostasis in ArabidopsisJulia Mergner
Technical University of Munich, Germany
J Biol Chem . 2017..We previously characterized Arabidopsis thaliana mutants with defects in the conserved NEDD8-specific protease DEN1 (DENEDDYLASE1)...
- MyD88 NEDDylation negatively regulates MyD88-dependent NF-κB signaling through antagonizing its ubiquitinationFangxue Yan
State Key Laboratory of Protein and Plant Gene Research, School of Life Sciences, Peking University, Beijing 100871, China Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, School of Life Sciences, Peking University, Beijing 100871, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 482:632-637. 2017..We also show that deNEDDylase NEDP1 serves as a regulator of this process...
- A New Method for Identifying Essential Proteins Based on Network Topology Properties and Protein ComplexesChao Qin
Beijing Key Lab of Traffic Data Analysis and Mining, Beijing Jiaotong University, Beijing, China
PLoS ONE 11:e0161042. 2016..First, we introduce the common centrality measures; second, we propose the densities Den1(v) and Den2(v) of a node v to describe its local properties in the network; and finally, the combined strategy of ..
- Computational prediction and experimental characterization of a "size switch type repacking" during the evolution of dengue envelope protein domain III (ED3)Montasir Elahi
Department of Biotechnology and Life Science, Graduate School of Engineering, Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology, Nakamachi, Koganei Shi, Tokyo 184 8588, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1844:585-92. 2014Dengue viruses (DEN) are classified into four serotypes (DEN1-DEN4) exhibiting high sequence and structural similarities, and infections by multiple serotypes can lead to the deadly dengue hemorrhagic fever...
- Deneddylase 1 regulates deneddylase activity of the Cop9 signalosome in Drosophila melanogasterKiyoung Kim
Department of Medical Biotechnology, Soonchunhyang University, Asan, 336 745
Insect Sci 24:27-34. 2017..Another deneddylase, Deneddylase 1, has also been shown to process the Nedd8 precursor...
- Dengue serosurvey in Sint EustatiusTeresa Leslie
Department of Anthropology, University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland, United States of America Eastern Caribbean Public Health Foundation, Sint Eustatius, Netherlands Dutch Caribbean
PLoS ONE 9:e95002. 2014..The lack of antibodies to the DEN1, 3, and 4 in the samples collected from participants under 20 years of age suggests that only DEN2 has circulated ..
- Stabilization of HIF through inhibition of Cullin-2 neddylation is protective in mucosal inflammatory responsesValerie F Curtis
Mucosal Inflammation Program, Department of Medicine, and
FASEB J 29:208-15. 2015..Pharmacologic inhibition of cullin neddylation may provide a therapeutic opportunity in mucosal inflammatory disease...
- The DenA/DEN1 Interacting Phosphatase DipA Controls Septa Positioning and Phosphorylation-Dependent Stability of Cytoplasmatic DenA/DEN1 during Fungal DevelopmentJosua Schinke
Department of Molecular Microbiology and Genetics, Göttingen Center for Molecular Biosciences GZMB, and Georg August University, Gottingen, Germany
PLoS Genet 12:e1005949. 2016DenA/DEN1 and the COP9 signalosome (CSN) represent two deneddylases which remove the ubiquitin-like Nedd8 from modified target proteins and are required for distinct fungal developmental programmes...
- Preclinical and clinical development of a dengue recombinant subunit vaccineSusan B Manoff
Merck and Co, Inc, Kenilworth, NJ, United States
Vaccine 33:7126-34. 2015..A monovalent version of the vaccine candidate, DEN1-80E, was formulated with Alhydrogel™ and studied in a proof-of-principle Phase I clinical trial by Hawaii Biotech,..
- DENEDDYLASE1 deconjugates NEDD8 from non-cullin protein substrates in Arabidopsis thalianaJulia Mergner
Plant Systems Biology, Technische Universitat Munchen, 85354 Freising, Germany Proteomics and Bioanalytics, Technische Universitat Munchen, 85354 Freising, Germany
Plant Cell 27:741-53. 2015..In animals and yeast, DENEDDYLASE1 (DEN1) processes NEDD8...
- Preclinical development of a dengue tetravalent recombinant subunit vaccine: Immunogenicity and protective efficacy in nonhuman primatesDhanasekaran Govindarajan
Merck Research Laboratories, Merck and Co, Inc, Kenilworth, NJ, USA
Vaccine 33:4105-16. 2015..A similar study was conducted to evaluate tetravalent formulations at low (3, 3, 3, 6 μg of DEN1-80E, DEN2-80E, DEN3-80E and DEN4-80E respectively), medium (10, 10, 10, 20 μg) and high (50, 50, 50, 100 μg) ..
- Structural and biophysical analysis of sero-specific immune responses using epitope grafted Dengue ED3 mutantsManjiri R Kulkarni
Department of Biotechnology and Life Science, Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology, Tokyo 184 8588, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1854:1438-43. 2015..is a re-emerging tropical disease and its severe form is caused by cross-reactivity between its four serotypes (DEN1, DEN2, DEN3 and DEN4)...
- Deep vein thrombosis associated with dengue feverAmrita Roy
Department of Pediatrics, Medical College and Hospitals, Kolkata, India Correspondence to Dr Jasodhara Chaudhuri, 247 Lake Gardens, Kolkata 700 045, West Bengal, India
Indian Pediatr 50:1053-4. 2013..Hemorrhagic manifestations are common with Dengue but thrombotic events are uncommonly reported...
- hCINAP is a novel regulator of ribosomal protein-HDM2-p53 pathway by controlling NEDDylation of ribosomal protein S14J Zhang
1 State Key Lab of Protein and Plant Gene Research, Beijing, China 2 Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, School of Life Sciences, Peking University, Beijing, China
Oncogene 33:246-54. 2014..These findings suggest that hCINAP is an important regulator of RP-HDM2-p53 pathway and a potential anticancer drug target. ..
- ElaD, a Deubiquitinating protease expressed by E. coliAndre Catic
Immunology Program, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS ONE 2:e381. 2007..One particular set of cysteine proteases, the CE clan, which targets ubiquitin and Ubls, has homologs in eukaryotes, prokaryotes, and viruses...
- A deneddylase encoded by Epstein-Barr virus promotes viral DNA replication by regulating the activity of cullin-RING ligasesStefano Gastaldello
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Karolinska Institutet, Box 285, S 17177 Stockholm, Sweden
Nat Cell Biol 12:351-61. 2010..Homologues encoded by other herpesviruses share the deneddylase activity. Thus, these enzymes are likely to have a key function in the virus life cycle by inducing a replication-permissive S-phase-like cellular environment...
- Clinical differences among PCR-proven dengue serotype infectionsKriengsak Limkittikul
Faculty of Tropical Medicine, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health 36:1432-8. 2005..Their ages ranged from 3-30 years. They were infected with DEN1, DEN2, DEN3 and DEN4 in 21, 55, 12, and 12%, respectively...
- Identification and characterization of carbohydrate molecules in mammalian cells recognized by dengue virus type 2Chie Aoki
Department of Biochemistry, University of Shizuoka, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Core Research for Evolutional Science and Technology CREST, Japan Science and Technology Corporation, and COE Program in the 21st Century
J Biochem 139:607-14. 2006..All serotypes of DEN viruses, DEN1 to DEN4, reacted with nLc4Cer, and the non-reducing terminal disaccharide residue Galbeta1-4GlcNAcbeta1- was found ..
- In vitro cleavage of Nedd8 from cullin 1 by COP9 signalosome and deneddylase 1Kosj Yamoah
Department of Oncological Sciences, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029 6574, USA
Methods Enzymol 398:509-22. 2005..This chapter provides methods for the preparation of two Nedd8 isopeptidases: the COP9 signalosome and human deneddylase 1. It also describes the development of cell-free systems for cleavage of the Nedd8-cullin 1 isopeptide bond ..
- Regulation of parkin and PINK1 by neddylationYeun Su Choo
Sanford Burnham Medical Research Institute, 10901 N Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Hum Mol Genet 21:2514-23. 2012..Together, these results suggest that parkin and PINK1 are regulated by neddylation and that impaired NEDD8 modification of these proteins likely contributes to PD pathogenesis...
- NEDDylation controls the target specificity of E2F1 and apoptosis inductionI Aoki
Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biosciences, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Oncogene 32:3954-64. 2013..These results suggest that NEDDylation is a molecular trigger that modifies the target specificity of E2F1, and could have important implications for E2F1 regulation of apoptosis...
- Central role for endothelial human deneddylase-1/SENP8 in fine-tuning the vascular inflammatory responseStefan F Ehrentraut
Mucosal Inflammation Program, Department of Medicine and Immunology, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
J Immunol 190:392-400. 2013..Moreover, our findings provide feasibility for therapeutic targeting of the Culs during inflammation...
- Chimeric dengue type 2/type 1 viruses induce immune responses in cynomolgus monkeysSiritorn Butrapet
Center for Vaccine Development, Institute of Science and Technology for Research and Development, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health 33:589-99. 2002..These DEN2/1 viruses induce high levels of DEN1 virus-specific neutralizing antibodies in mice...
- Control of multicellular development by the physically interacting deneddylases DEN1/DenA and COP9 signalosomeMartin Christmann
Department of Molecular Microbiology and Genetics, Institute of Microbiology and Genetics, Georg August Universitat Gottingen, Gottingen, Germany
PLoS Genet 9:e1003275. 2013..The DEN1/DenA and the COP9 signalosome (CSN) deneddylases physically interact in A...
- Replication of chimeric yellow fever virus-dengue serotype 1-4 virus vaccine strains in dendritic and hepatic cellsSamantha Brandler
Institute of Virology, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Am J Trop Med Hyg 72:74-81. 2005..In this study, the growth kinetics of ChimeriVax-DEN1-4 and parent viruses (wild-type DEN-1-4 and YF 17D) were assessed in human myeloid dendritic cells (DCs) and in ..
- Myeloma overexpressed 2 (Myeov2) regulates L11 subnuclear localization through Nedd8 modificationManato Ebina
Graduate School of Life and Environmental Sciences, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
PLoS ONE 8:e65285. 2013..with a Nedd8 deconjugation enzyme COP9 signalosome, L11 deneddylation was mediated by another deneddylase Nedp1, independently of Myeov2. Finally, p53 transcriptional activity is upregulated by Myeov2 expression...
- Serotype-specific structural differences in the protease-cofactor complexes of the dengue virus familySumana Chandramouli
Department of Cell Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, 10550 N Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Virol 84:3059-67. 2010..additional challenges due to the occurrence of four antigenically distinct serotypes of the causative dengue virus (DEN1 to -4)...
- Age-specific prevalence of dengue antibodies in Bangkok infants and childrenKrisana Pengsaa
Department of Tropical Pediatrics, Faculty of Tropical Medicine, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
Pediatr Infect Dis J 27:461-3. 2008..b>DEN1 was the most prevalent, followed by DEN3, DEN2, and DEN4...
- Dengue-4 envelope domain III fused twice within the meningococcal P64k protein carrier induces partial protection in miceLaura Lazo
Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology PO Box 6162, Havana 10 600, Cuba
Biotechnol Appl Biochem 52:265-71. 2009..the protective capacity, in a viral encephalitis murine model, of fusion protein P64k-envelope domain III of DEN1, DEN2 and DEN3...
- DeSUMOylating enzymes--SENPsMarcin Drag
Program in Apoptosis and Cell Death Research, Burnham Institute for Medical Research, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
IUBMB Life 60:734-42. 2008..We discuss recent progress on the human SENPs and their substrates...
- DEN1 deneddylates non-cullin proteins in vivoYaru Chan
Institute of Molecular Biology, Academia Sinica, 128 Sec No 2 Academia Road, Taipei 115, Taiwan
J Cell Sci 121:3218-23. 2008..The cysteine protease DEN1/NEDP1 specifically processes the Nedd8 precursor and has been suggested to deconjugate Nedd8 from cullin proteins...
- Dengue virus regulates type I interferon signalling in a strain-dependent manner in human cell linesIndira Umareddy
Novartis Institute for Tropical Diseases, 10, Biopolis Road, 05 01 Chromos, 138670, Singapore
J Gen Virol 89:3052-62. 2008..MY22713 (DEN4) could suppress the IFN response in a similar fashion to NGC, three other strains of dengue [EDEN167 (DEN1), MY02569 (DEN1) and MY10340 (DEN2)] were unable to suppress the IFN response, suggesting that this difference is ..
- A time-resolved fluorescence resonance energy transfer-based assay for DEN1 peptidase activityIngo H Engels
Genomics Institute of the Novartis Research Foundation, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
Anal Biochem 390:85-7. 2009..It thereby controls key events in cell cycle progression and embryogenesis. Deneddylase-1 (DEN1/NEDP1/SENP8) features a selective peptidase activity converting the proNEDD8 precursor to its mature form and an ..
- Flow cytometric analysis of dengue virus-infected cells in peripheral bloodMichael O Baclig
Research and Biotechnology Division, St Luke s Medical Center, Quezon City, Philippines
Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health 41:1352-8. 2010..Virus isolation and serotype-specific RT-PCR revealed the cells were infected with dengue serotype 3 (DEN3). Our results suggest B cells may play an important role in DEN1 and DEN3 replication, and dissemination in vivo.
- A single amino acid substitution in the envelope protein of chimeric yellow fever-dengue 1 vaccine virus reduces neurovirulence for suckling mice and viremia/viscerotropism for monkeysF Guirakhoo
Acambis, Inc, 38 Sidney St, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
J Virol 78:9998-10008. 2004A chimeric yellow fever-dengue 1 (ChimeriVax-DEN1) virus was produced by the transfection of Vero cells with chimeric in vitro RNA transcripts...
- The antigenic structure of dengue type 1 virus envelope and NS1 proteins expressed in Escherichia coliP W Mason
Yale Arbovirus Research Unit, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06510
J Gen Virol 71:2107-14. 1990The antigenic structures of the envelope protein, E, and the non-structural protein, NS1, of dengue type 1 virus (DEN1) have been studied in the form of recombinant fusion proteins expressed in Escherichia coli...
- Recombinant dengue virus type 1 NS3 protein exhibits specific viral RNA binding and NTPase activity regulated by the NS5 proteinT Cui
Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, National University of Singapore, Republic of Singapore
Virology 246:409-17. 1998..of the purified fusion protein with thrombin released a 68-kDa protein which is the expected molecular mass for the DEN1 NS3 protein. The identity of this protein was confirmed by Western blotting using dengue virus antisera...
- Evaluation of molecular strategies to develop a live dengue vaccineC J Lai
Molecular Viral Biology Section, Laboratory of Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Clin Diagn Virol 10:173-9. 1998..Mortality is low but infection can lead to a severe form of dengue, characterised by haemorrhage and shock. A safe and effective vaccine against dengue is still not available...
- Construction of a full length infectious clone for dengue-1 virus Western Pacific,74 strainB Puri
Infectious Diseases Department, Naval Medical Research Institute, Bethesda, MD 20889 5607, USA
Virus Genes 20:57-63. 2000The flavivirus dengue 1 Western Pacific,74 (DEN1 WP) virus has a positive-stranded RNA genome of 10,735 nucleotides. DEN1 WP genomic RNA was amplified into three overlapping fragments by RT-PCR...
- First isolation of dengue 1 virus from Aedes aegypti in Federal District, BrazilN Degallier
IRD, Brasilia, DF, 71619 970, Brasil
Rev Soc Bras Med Trop 33:95-6. 2000..Two strains of DEN1 were isolated from 9 pools of female Aedes aegypti (78 mosq...
- Construction, safety, and immunogenicity in nonhuman primates of a chimeric yellow fever-dengue virus tetravalent vaccineF Guirakhoo
Acambis, Inc, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
J Virol 75:7290-304. 2001..additional YF/DEN chimeras using premembrane (prM) and envelope (E) genes of wild-type (WT) clinical isolates: DEN1 (strain PUO359, isolated in 1980 in Thailand), DEN3 (strain PaH881/88, isolated in 1988 in Thailand), and DEN4 (..
- Derivation and characterization of a dengue type 1 host range-restricted mutant virus that is attenuated and highly immunogenic in monkeysLewis Markoff
Laboratory of Vector Borne Virus Diseases, Office of Vaccines Research and Review, Division of Veterinary Services, Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, U S Food and Drug Administration, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Virol 76:3318-28. 2002..into the analogous region of an infectious DNA derived from the genome of a human-virulent dengue serotype 1 virus (DEN1), strain Western Pacific (DEN1WP)...
- Inhibition of viral gene expression and replication in mosquito cells by dsRNA-triggered RNA interferenceNatasha J Caplen
National Human Genome Research Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, 20892, USA
Mol Ther 6:243-51. 2002..and replication, we used two mosquito-borne viruses, Semliki Forest virus (SFV) and the serotype 1 dengue virus (DEN1)...
- A live, attenuated dengue virus type 1 vaccine candidate with a 30-nucleotide deletion in the 3' untranslated region is highly attenuated and immunogenic in monkeysStephen S Whitehead
Laboratory of Infectious Diseases, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Virol 77:1653-7. 2003..the 3' untranslated region (3' UTR), was introduced into a homologous region of wild-type (wt) dengue virus type 1 (DEN1)...
- Aedes albopictus may not be vector of dengue virus in human epidemics in BrazilNicolas Degallier
Laboratorio Central, Secretaria Estadual da Saúde, Brasilia, DF, Brazil
Rev Saude Publica 37:386-7. 2003..Of 37 Ae. aegypti and 200 Ae. albopictus adult mosquitoes collected and inoculated, DEN1 virus was isolated only from a pool of two Ae. aegypti female mosquitoes. The study results suggest that Ae...
- Specific and covalent targeting of conjugating and deconjugating enzymes of ubiquitin-like proteinsJoris Hemelaar
Department of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Mol Cell Biol 24:84-95. 2004..We identify Ub C-terminal hydrolase L1 (UCH-L1) and DEN1/NEDP1/SENP8, in addition to UCH-L3, as proteases with specificity for Nedd8...
- Diethylnitrosamine may induce esophageal dysplasia after local intramural administrationW Zgodzinski
2nd Department of General Surgery, Medical University, Lublin, Poland
Rocz Akad Med Bialymst 48:48-51. 2003..To assess the possibility of promoting esophageal squamous cell carcinoma after direct administration of diethylnitrosamine (DEN) into the wall of the esophagus...
- Safety and efficacy of chimeric yellow Fever-dengue virus tetravalent vaccine formulations in nonhuman primatesF Guirakhoo
Acambis, Inc, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
J Virol 78:4761-75. 2004..ChimeriVax-DEN1-4 vaccine viruses were prepared by electroporation of Vero cells with RNA transcripts prepared from viral cDNA (F...
- En1 and Wnt7a interact with Dkk1 during limb development in the mouseMaja Adamska
Department of Human Genetics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109 0618, USA
Dev Biol 272:134-44. 2004..Reducing Dkk1 levels in Dkk1d/dEn1-/- double mutants resulted in severe phenotypes not seen in either single mutant, including fused bones in the ..
- Small ubiquitin-related modifier (SUMO)-specific proteases: profiling the specificities and activities of human SENPsJowita Mikolajczyk
Program in Apoptosis and Cell Death Research, Burnham Institute for Medical Research, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Biol Chem 282:26217-24. 2007..Using these synthetic substrates we reveal that the SUMO domain enhances catalysis of SENP1, -2, -5, -6, and -7, demonstrating substrate-induced activation of SENPs by SUMOs...
- [Detection of flaviviruses by reverse-transcription polymerase chain reaction with universal primer set]M Fang
Military Medical Institute, Guangzhou Military District, Department of Microbiology, Sun Yat-sen University of Medical Sciences, Guangzhou 510507
Zhonghua Shi Yan He Lin Chuang Bing Du Xue Za Zhi 11:267-70, 273. 1997..Another five different internal primers were selected on the NS1 genes of DEN1, 2, 3, 4 and JEV...
- Diagnosis of dengue infection using various diagnostic tests in the early stage of illnessRangsima Lolekha
Department of Pediatrics, Faculty of Medicine at Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health 35:391-5. 2004..Viral serotypes identified by viral isolation, and RT-PCR were concordant: DEN1 was isolated in 8, DEN2 in 13, DEN3 in 5, and DEN4 in 2 patients...
- Recombinant, live-attenuated tetravalent dengue virus vaccine formulations induce a balanced, broad, and protective neutralizing antibody response against each of the four serotypes in rhesus monkeysJoseph E Blaney
Laboratory of Infectious Diseases, NIH, NIAID, LID Twinbrook III, Room 3W 13, 12735 Twinbrook Parkway, MSC 8133, Bethesda, MD 20892 8133, USA
J Virol 79:5516-28. 2005..TV-1 consists of recombinant DEN1, -2, -3, and -4, each with a 30-nucleotide deletion in the 3' untranslated region (Delta30)...
- Safety testing for neurovirulence of novel live, attenuated flavivirus vaccines: infant mice provide an accurate surrogate for the test in monkeysThomas P Monath
Acambis Inc, 38 Sidney Street, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Biologicals 33:131-44. 2005..The test in suckling mice discriminated between strains of two different vaccines (ChimeriVax-JE and ChimeriVax-DEN1) differing by a single amino acid change, and was more sensitive for detecting virulence differences than the test ..
- Non-structural proteins of dengue 2 virus offer limited protection to interferon-deficient mice after dengue 2 virus challengeAmanda E Calvert
Division of Vector Borne Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention CDC, Public Health Service, US Department of Health and Human Services, PO Box 2087, Fort Collins, CO 80522, USA
J Gen Virol 87:339-46. 2006..AG129 interferon-deficient mice, previously shown to be protected against lethal DEN1 or DEN2 viral infection after vaccination with a wild-type or candidate vaccine strain of DEN1 or DEN2 virus, ..
- Development of a live attenuated dengue virus vaccine using reverse geneticsJoseph E Blaney
Laboratory of Infectious Diseases, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, LID, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 8133, USA
Viral Immunol 19:10-32. 2006There are four serotypes of dengue (DEN1-DEN4) virus that are endemic in most areas of Southeast Asia, Central and South America, and other subtropical regions...
- Mdm2-mediated NEDD8 modification of TAp73 regulates its transactivation functionIan R Watson
Cancer Research Program and Division of Haematology Oncology, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario M5G 1X8, Canada
J Biol Chem 281:34096-103. 2006..Co-expression of NEDP1, a cysteine protease that specifically cleaves NEDD8 conjugates, was shown to deneddylate TAp73...
- Neddylation of a breast cancer-associated protein recruits a class III histone deacetylase that represses NFkappaB-dependent transcriptionFei Gao
Department of Cardiology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Unit 449, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Nat Cell Biol 8:1171-7. 2006..These results provide a crucial link between neddylation and transcriptional regulation by SIRT1, a NAD-dependent histone deacetylase that prolongs life span in yeast and worms...
- The live attenuated dengue serotype 1 vaccine rDEN1Delta30 is safe and highly immunogenic in healthy adult volunteersAnna P Durbin
Center for Immunization Research, Department of International Health, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Hum Vaccin 2:167-73. 2006The live attenuated DEN1 vaccine candidate virus rDEN1Delta30 has been evaluated in preclinical animal models and found to be attenuated and immunogenic...
- Vaccine candidates for dengue virus type 1 (DEN1) generated by replacement of the structural genes of rDEN4 and rDEN4Delta30 with those of DEN1Joseph E Blaney
Laboratory of Infectious Diseases, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Virol J 4:23. 2007..safety and immunogenicity of rDEN2/4Delta30(ME) in humans, we now describe the generation of a panel of four antigenic chimeric DEN4 viruses using either the capsid (C), M, and E (CME) or ME structural genes of DEN1 Puerto Rico/94 strain.
- Full-length cDNA sequence of dengue type 1 virus (Singapore strain S275/90)J Fu
Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, Faculty of Medicine, National University of Singapore, Lower Kent Ridge
Virology 188:953-8. 1992..Both the nucleotide and deduced amino acid sequences were compared with the partial sequence of DEN1 (Nauru Island) and complete sequences of DNE2 (Jamaica), DEN3 (H87), and DEN4 (Dominica) virus genomes.
- Induction of bivalent immune responses by expression of dengue virus type 1 and type 2 antigens from a single complex adenoviral vectorNicholas U Raja
Division of Biodefense Vaccines, GenPhar Incorporated, Mount Pleasant, South Carolina 29464, USA
Am J Trop Med Hyg 76:743-51. 2007..There are four serotypes of dengue virus (DEN1-4), and immunity to one serotype does not cross protect from infection with other serotypes...
- Burden of symptomatic dengue infection in children at primary school in Thailand: a prospective studyKatie B Anderson
Division of Communicable Diseases and Immunology, Walter Reed Army Institute of Research, Silver Spring, MD, USA
Lancet 369:1452-9. 2007..Dengue viruses are a major cause of morbidity and mortality in tropical and subtropical areas. Our aim was to assess prospectively the burden of dengue-related illness in children in Thailand...
- Induction of tetravalent protective immunity against four dengue serotypes by the tandem domain III of the envelope proteinShuiping Chen
State Key Laboratory of Pathogen and Biosecurity, Institute of Microbiology and Epidemiology, Academy of Military Medical Sciences, Beijing, People s Republic of China
DNA Cell Biol 26:361-7. 2007..sera from mice immunized with the purified protein were confirmed to contain specific high antibody titers against DEN1, DEN2, and DEN4, and moderate antibody titer against DEN3...
- Identification and Analysis of Flavivirus Protease and RNA Helicase InhibitorsRadhakrishnan Padmanabhan; Fiscal Year: 2009..of Class A, B, or C emerging human pathogens such as Yellow fever virus (YFV), West Nile virus (WNV) and Dengue (DEN1-4) viruses that cause serious illnesses with considerable morbidity and mortality...
- MOLECULAR EPIDEMIOLOGY OF DENGUE IN PUERTO RICOW McMillan; Fiscal Year: 2002..There are four well-characterized dengue serotypes, DEN1-4, that are currently circulating globally...
- Selective Allosteric Inhibitors of SENP8Guy S Salvesen; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- LIVE, ATTENUATED, RECOMBINANT VACCINE - WEST NILE VIRUSThomas Monath; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..