Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: DDAH1
Description: dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase 1
Alias: DDAH, DDAH-1, DDAHI, HEL-S-16, N(G),N(G)-dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase 1, NG, NG-dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase, dimethylargininase-1, epididymis secretory protein Li 16
Publications220 found, 100 shown here
- Structural and functional characterization of the Zn(II) site in dimethylargininase-1 (DDAH-1) from bovine brain. Zn(II) release activates DDAH-1M Knipp
Institute of Biochemistry, University of Zurich, Winterthurerstrasse 190, CH 8057 Zurich, Switzerland
J Biol Chem 276:40449-56. 2001L-N(omega),N(omega)-dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase-1 (DDAH-1) is a Zn(II)-containing enzyme that, through hydrolysis of side-chain methylated l-arginines, regulates the activity of nitric-oxide synthase...
- Developing dual and specific inhibitors of dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase-1 and nitric oxide synthase: toward a targeted polypharmacology to control nitric oxideYun Wang
Division of Medicinal Chemistry, College of Pharmacy, The University of Texas, Austin, Texas 78712, USA
Biochemistry 48:8624-35. 2009..have been suggested as antitumor therapeutics, as have inhibitors of dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase (DDAH), an enzyme that catabolizes endogenous NOS inhibitors...
- Zn(II)-free dimethylargininase-1 (DDAH-1) is inhibited upon specific Cys-S-nitrosylationMarkus Knipp
Institute of Biochemistry, University of Zurich, Winterthurerstrasse 190, CH 8057 Zurich, Switzerland
J Biol Chem 278:3410-6. 2003..Based on a structural model of dimethylargininase-1, the activation of both cysteines may be accomplished by the close proximity of charged residues in the tertiary structure of the enzyme...
- The association of dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase 1 gene polymorphism with type 2 diabetes: a cohort studyTse Min Lu
Division of Cardiology, Department of Internal Medicine, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan, R, O, C
Cardiovasc Diabetol 10:16. 2011..Dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase 1 (DDAH1) is the major enzyme eliminating ADMA in humans, but the effect of genetic variations in DDAH1 on type 2 diabetes ..
- Role of DDAH-1 in lipid peroxidation product-mediated inhibition of endothelial NO generationARTHUR J POPE
Davis Heart and Lung Research Institute, Department of Pharmacology, The Ohio State University College of Medicine, Ohio 43210, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 293:C1679-86. 2007..ADMA), and N(G)-monomethyl arginine, which are normally metabolized by dimethyarginine dimethylamine hydrolase (DDAH)...
- Regulation of nitric oxide synthesis by dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolaseR J MacAllister
Department of Pharmacology and Clinical Pharmacology, St George s Hospital Medical School, London
Br J Pharmacol 119:1533-40. 19961. Dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase (DDAH), an enzyme that metabolizes the endogenous nitric oxide synthase inhibitors NG-monomethyl-arginine and NG,NG-dimethy-L-arginine to citrulline, was identified by Western blotting in rat and ..
- Identification of two human dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolases with distinct tissue distributions and homology with microbial arginine deiminasesJ M Leiper
Centre for Clinical Pharmacology, The Rayne Institute, University College London, 5 University Street, London, U K
Biochem J 343:209-14. 1999..of methylarginines are determined in part by the activity of dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase (DDAH; EC 3.5.3. 18)...
- Chromosomal localization, gene structure, and expression pattern of DDAH1: comparison with DDAH2 and implications for evolutionary originsC T Tran
Centre for Clinical Pharmacology, The Rayne Institute, University College London, 5 University Street, London, WC1E 6JJ, United Kingdom
Genomics 68:101-5. 2000..Here we report that the DDAH1 gene maps to chromosome 1p22 and confirm that DDAH2 maps to the MHC III region of chromosome 6p21.3...
- Dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase regulates nitric oxide synthesis: genetic and physiological evidenceHayan Dayoub
Program in Vascular Medicine and Biology, Stanford University School of Medicine, 300 Pasteur Dr, Stanford, Calif 94305 5246, USA
Circulation 108:3042-7. 2003..ADMA) and N-monomethylarginine are metabolized by the enzyme dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase (DDAH)...
- Overexpression of dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase reduces tissue asymmetric dimethylarginine levels and enhances angiogenesisJohannes Jacobi
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, Calif 94305, USA
Circulation 111:1431-8. 2005This study was designed to determine whether overexpression of the enzyme dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase (DDAH) could enhance angiogenesis by reducing levels of the endogenous nitric oxide synthase (NOS) inhibitor asymmetric ..
- Disruption of methylarginine metabolism impairs vascular homeostasisJames Leiper
Centre for Clinical Pharmacology, Division of Medicine, University College London, London WC1E 6JJ, UK
Nat Med 13:198-203. 2007..Here we reveal the structure of human DDAH-1 and probe the function of DDAH-1 both by deleting the DDAH1 gene in mice and by using DDAH-specific inhibitors which, as we demonstrate by crystallography, bind to the active ..
- A novel loss-of-function DDAH1 promoter polymorphism is associated with increased susceptibility to thrombosis stroke and coronary heart diseaseHu Ding
Department of Internal Medicine Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, 1095 Jiefang Ave, Wuhan, People s Republic of China
Circ Res 106:1145-52. 2010..Asymmetrical dimethylarginine (ADMA), an endogenous arginine analogue, inhibits nitric oxide synthases and plays an important role in endothelial dysfunction...
- Dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase 1 modulates endothelial cell growth through nitric oxide and AktPing Zhang
Division of Cardiology, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 31:890-7. 2011Dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase 1 (DDAH1) modulates NO production by degrading the endogenous nitric oxide (NO) synthase (NOS) inhibitors asymmetrical dimethylarginine (ADMA) and L-NG-monomethyl arginine (L-NMMA)...
- Dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase-1 is the critical enzyme for degrading the cardiovascular risk factor asymmetrical dimethylarginineXinli Hu
Cardiovascular Division, Lillehei Heart Institute, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 31:1540-6. 2011The objective of this study was to identify the role of dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase-1 (DDAH1) in degrading the endogenous nitric oxide synthase inhibitors asymmetrical dimethylarginine (ADMA) and N(g)-monomethyl-L-arginine (L-..
- Inhibition of human dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase-1 by S-nitroso-L-homocysteine and hydrogen peroxide. Analysis, quantification, and implications for hyperhomocysteinemiaLin Hong
Division of Medicinal Chemistry, College of Pharmacy, and Texas Institute for Drug and Diagnostic Development, University of Texas, Austin, Texas 78712, USA
J Biol Chem 282:34684-92. 2007..Homocysteine has been proposed to inhibit the catabolic enzyme of ADMA, dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase (DDAH), but the mechanism of this inhibition has not been fully elucidated...
- Circulating methylarginine levels and the decline in renal function in patients with chronic kidney disease are modulated by DDAH1 polymorphismsBen Caplin
Centre for Nephrology, Division of Medicine, University College London Medical School, London, UK
Kidney Int 77:459-67. 2010..the two isoforms of the asymmetric dimethylarginine-degrading enzyme, dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase (DDAH1 and DDAH2), on enzyme expression, plasma asymmetric dimethylarginine levels, and longitudinal changes in estimated ..
- Sequence variation in DDAH1 and DDAH2 genes is strongly and additively associated with serum ADMA concentrations in individuals with type 2 diabetesSotoodeh Abhary
Department of Ophthalmology, Flinders Medical Centre and Flinders University, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
PLoS ONE 5:e9462. 2010..Dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase (DDAH) is an ADMA degrading enzyme that has two isoforms: DDAHI and DDAHII...
- The biological effect of pharmacological treatment on dimethylaminohydrolases (DDAH-1) and cationic amino acid transporter-1 (CAT-1) expression in patients with acute congestive heart failureLorenza Speranza
Department of Human Movement Sciences, University G d Annunzio Chieti, Italy
Microvasc Res 82:391-6. 2011..ADMA and arginine plasma concentrations in patients with acute congestive heart failure (ACHF) through the evaluation of type-1 system cationic amino acid transporter-1/type 1 dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolases-1 (CAT-1/DDAH-1).
- Characterization and expression of two amphioxus DDAH genes originating from an amphioxus-specific gene duplicationDongyan Chen
Institute of Developmental Biology, Life Science College, Key Lab of Experimental Teratology of Ministry of Education, Shandong University, Jinan, China
Gene 410:75-81. 2008Two dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase (DDAH) homologous genes in amphioxus are identified and cloned...
- Asymmetric dimethyl L-arginine (ADMA) is a critical regulator of myocardial reperfusion injuryMarkus C Stühlinger
Department of Cardiology, Medical University of Innsbruck, 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Cardiovasc Res 75:417-25. 2007..and that these changes are mediated by an impairment of its metabolism by dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase (DDAH). We therefore analyzed the role of ADMA and its metabolism in the setting of myocardial ischemia and reperfusion.
- Possible involvement of enhanced arginase activity due to up-regulated arginases and decreased hydroxyarginine in accelerating intimal hyperplasia with hyperglycemiaMihoko Ishizaka
Department of Biosystem Regulation, Institute of Biomaterials and Bioengineering, Graduate School, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, 2 3 10 Surugadai, Kanda, Chiyoda ku, Tokyo 101 0062, Japan
Vascul Pharmacol 47:272-80. 2007..I and II proteins, accumulated endogenous NOS inhibitors, reduced concentration of hydroxyarginine, and decreased DDAH activity in endothelial cells. However, NOS activity per se remained unchanged in the hyperglycemia group...
- Roles of accumulated endogenous nitric oxide synthase inhibitors, enhanced arginase activity, and attenuated nitric oxide synthase activity in endothelial cells for pulmonary hypertension in ratsAkihito Sasaki
Department of Pediatrics and Developmental Biology, Institute of Biomaterials and Bioengineering, Graduate School, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Kanda, Tokyo, Japan
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 292:L1480-7. 2007..and their catabolizing enzyme dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase (DDAH) activity and protein expression (DDAH1 and DDAH2) in pulmonary artery endothelial cells (PAECs) of rats given monocrotaline (MCT)...
- Specific reactions of S-nitrosothiols with cysteine hydrolases: A comparative study between dimethylargininase-1 and CTP synthetaseOliver Braun
Department of Biochemistry, University of Zurich, CH 8057 Zurich, Switzerland
Protein Sci 16:1522-34. 2007..formation of such a product, an N-thiosulfoximide, at the active site of the Cys hydrolase dimethylargininase-1 (DDAH-1) upon reaction with S-nitroso-l-homocysteine (HcyNO)...
- Proteomic analysis of protein changes developing in rat hippocampus after chronic antidepressant treatment: Implications for depressive disorders and future therapiesXavier Khawaja
Wyeth Neuroscience, CN8000 Princeton, New Jersey 08543 8000, USA
J Neurosci Res 75:451-60. 2004..A) and possible anti-apoptotic (dimethylargininase-1 L-N,N-dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase-1 [DDAH-1], pyruvate dehydrogenase-E1 [PDH-E1], antioxidant protein-2 [AOP-2]) pathway-mediated regulatory events...
- Alterations of NOS, arginase, and DDAH protein expression in rabbit cavernous tissue after administration of cigarette smoke extractMasatoshi Imamura
Dept of Biosystem Regulation, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, 2 3 10 Surugadai, Kanda, Chiyoda ku, Tokyo 101 0062, Japan
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 293:R2081-9. 2007..MMA) and asymmetric dimethylarginine (ADMA), and decreased dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase (DDAH) activity as an metabolizing enzyme of endogenous NOS inhibitors...
- Involvement of accumulated NOS inhibitors and endothelin-1, enhanced arginase, and impaired DDAH activities in pulmonary dysfunction following subarachnoid hemorrhage in the rabbitYusuke Mizuno
Department of Neurosurgery, School of Medicine, Graduate School, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, 1 5 45 Yushima, Tokyo 113 8519, Japan
Vascul Pharmacol 48:21-31. 2008..the involvement of endogenous nitric oxide synthase (NOS) inhibitors, dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase (DDAH) as a hydrolyzing enzyme of the NOS inhibitors, NOS, arginase which shares l-arginine as a common substrate with ..
- Effect of paraquat exposure on nitric oxide-responsive genes in rat mesencephalic cellsJose M Moran
Centro de Investigacion Biomedica en Red sobre Enfermedades Neurodegenerativas, Departamento de Bioquimica y Biologia Molecular y Genetica, EU Enfermería y TO, Universidad de Extremadura, Avda Universidad s n 10071 Cáceres, Spain
Nitric Oxide 23:51-9. 2010..we examined changes in GCH1, ARG1, ARG2, NOS1, NOS2, NOS3, NOSTRIN, NOSIP, NOS1AP, RASD1, DYNLL1, GUCY1A3, DDAH1, DDAH2 and CYGB genes whose expression is controlled by or involved in signaling by the second messenger nitric ..
- Inhibition of L-arginine metabolizing enzymes by L-arginine-derived advanced glycation end productsYing Ling Lai
Laboratory of Biochemistry and Global Center of Excellence Program, Graduate School of Nutritional and Environmental Sciences, University of Shizuoka, Shizuoka 422 8526, Japan
J Clin Biochem Nutr 46:177-85. 2010..including three isoforms of NOS (endothelium, neuronal and inducible NOS), dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase (DDAH) that catalyzes the hydrolytic degradation of L-NMMA and ADMA to L-citrulline, and arginase that modulates ..
- A stable-isotope based technique for the determination of dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase (DDAH) activity in mouse tissueRenke Maas
Institute of Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 851:220-8. 2007The enzyme dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase (DDAH) is responsible for the hydrolysis of asymmetric dimethylarginine (ADMA) to L-citrulline and dimethylamine...
- Possible indirect detection of rHuEPO administration in human urine by high-performance liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometrySvetlana A Appolonova
Antidoping Centre, 105005, Elizavetinskyi pr 10, Moscow, Russia
Eur J Mass Spectrom (Chichester, Eng) 14:201-9. 2008The present study is based on the assumption that changes in an ADMA-DDAH-NOS (ADMA-asymmetrical dimethylarginine; DDAH-dimethyl-arginine dimethylaminohydrolase; NOS-nitric oxide synthase) system could be employed as indirect markers for ..
- Melatonin prevents hypertension and increased asymmetric dimethylarginine in young spontaneous hypertensive ratsYou Lin Tain
Department of Pediatrics, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital Kaohsiung Medical Center, Chang Gung University, College of Medicine, Taiwan
J Pineal Res 49:390-8. 2010..Melatonin decreased plasma ADMA level and restored plasma AAR. Renal dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase (DDAH, ADMA-metabolizing enzyme) activity was lower in SHR than WKY rats, which melatonin therapy prevented...
- Transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt-placement increases arginine/asymmetric dimethylarginine ratio in cirrhotic patientsMichiel P C Siroen
VU University Medical Center, Department of Surgery, PO Box 7057, Amsterdam 1007 MB, The Netherlands
World J Gastroenterol 14:7214-9. 2008..To analyze the change of dimethylarginine plasma levels in cirrhotic patients receiving transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt (TIPS)...
- Expression of NG,NG-dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase and protein arginine N-methyltransferase isoforms in diabetic rat kidney: effects of angiotensin II receptor blockersMaristela L Onozato
Division of Nephrology and Endocrinology, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Diabetes 57:172-80. 2008..arginine N-methyltransferase (PRMT)-1 and is metabolized by N(G),N(G)-dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase (DDAH)...
- Intravenous N-acetylcysteine during hemodialysis reduces asymmetric dimethylarginine level in end-stage renal disease patientsM Thaha
Division of Nephrology Hypertension, Department of Internal Medicine, Airlangga University School of Medicine, Surabaya, Indonesia
Clin Nephrol 69:24-32. 2008..asymmetric dimethylarginine (ADMA) levels due to inhibition of the enzyme dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase (DDAH)...
- [The pathogenic mechanism of homocysteine -induced endothelial nitric oxide synthase dysfunction and the antagonistic effects by folic acid]Jing Ge Zhang
West China School of Basic Medical Sciences and Forensic Medicine, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041
Fen Zi Xi Bao Sheng Wu Xue Bao 40:17-23. 2007..The dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase(DDAH), activity of eNOS and the production of NO were analyzed simulta- neously...
- Involvement of asymmetric dimethylarginine and Rho kinase in the vascular remodeling in monocrotaline-induced pulmonary hypertensionXiao Hui Li
Department of Pharmacology, School of Pharmaceutical Science, Central South University, Changsha 410078, China
Vascul Pharmacol 53:223-9. 2010..dimethylarginine (ADMA) was increased accompanied by the decreased dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase (DDAH) activity in pulmonary hypertension (PH) and ADMA was able to regulate pulmonary endothelial cells mobility through ..
- Involvement of DDAH/ADMA/NOS pathway in nicotine-induced endothelial dysfunctionDe Jian Jiang
Department of Pharmacology, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Central South University, Changsha, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 349:683-93. 2006..Decrease in activity of dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase (DDAH), a major hydrolase of ADMA, causes accumulation of ADMA under cardiovascular abnormalities...
- Rutin in rat liver ischemia/reperfusion injury: effect on DDAH/NOS pathwayRaffael Lanteri
Department of Surgical Sciences, Organ Transplantation and Advanced Technologies, University of Catania, Catania, Italy
Microsurgery 27:245-51. 2007..In the same experimental conditions an increase in DDAH 1 expression was observed in I/R group only; rutin treatment also counteracted this increased expression...
- Asymmetric dimethylarginine (ADMA)--a modulator of nociception in opiate tolerance and addiction?Anousheh Kielstein
Addiction Pharmacology Research Laboratory, California Pacific Medical Center Research Institute, St Luke s Hospital, 3555 Cesar Chavez Street, San Francisco, CA 94110, USA
Nitric Oxide 17:55-9. 2007..b>DDAH1 is highly expressed in brain, suggesting specific function in this area...
- Mechanisms of nitric oxide synthase uncoupling in endotoxin-induced acute lung injury: role of asymmetric dimethylarginineShruti Sharma
Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA 30912, USA
Vascul Pharmacol 52:182-90. 2010..hydrolytic degradation to l-citrulline and dimethylamine by the enzyme, dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase (DDAH)...
- Mice lacking thyroid hormone receptor Beta show enhanced apoptosis and delayed liver commitment for proliferation after partial hepatectomyRaquel López-Fontal
Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares, Madrid, Spain
PLoS ONE 5:e8710. 2010..Roles in liver regeneration have been suggested for T3, but there is no clear evidence distinguishing the contribution of increased amounts of T3 from the modulation by unoccupied TRs...
- Characterization of C-alkyl amidines as bioavailable covalent reversible inhibitors of human DDAH-1Matthew Lluis
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Institute for Cellular and Molecular Biology, University of Texas, Austin, 78712 0165, USA
ChemMedChem 6:81-8. 2011C-Alkyl amidine analogues of asymmetric N(ω),N(ω)-dimethyl-L-arginine are dual-targeted inhibitors of both human DDAH-1 and nitric oxide (NO) synthase, and provide a promising scaffold for the development of therapeutics to control NO ..
- Erythropoietin increases asymmetric dimethylarginine in endothelial cells: role of dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolaseFortunato Scalera
Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, University Hospital, Otto von Guericke University, Leipziger Strasse, 44 D 39120, Magdeburg, Germany
J Am Soc Nephrol 16:892-8. 2005..allantoin, nitrate, and nitrite in conditioned media and the activity of dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase (DDAH), the content of thiols and reactive oxygen species in endothelial cells, were determined...
- Dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase and endothelial dysfunction in failing heartsYingjie Chen
Department of Medicine, Univ of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 289:H2212-9. 2005..coronary endothelial dysfunction in CHF may be due in part to decreased dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase (DDAH), the enzyme that degrades endogenous inhibitors of NO synthase (NOS), including asymmetric dimethylarginine...
- Pharmacotherapies and their influence on asymmetric dimethylargine (ADMA)Renke Maas
Institute of Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology, University Hospital Hamburg Eppendorf, Germany
Vasc Med 10:S49-57. 2005..routes of elimination: renal excretion and enzymatic degradation by the dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolases (DDAH-1 and -2)...
- Effect of vasoconstrictor coupling factor 6 on gene expression profile in human vascular endothelial cells: enhanced release of asymmetric dimethylarginineMakoto Tanaka
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Hirosaki University School of Medicine, Osaka, Japan
J Hypertens 24:489-97. 2006..We investigated the effect of CF6 on the gene expression profile in human umbilical vein endothelial cells...
- The ADMA/DDAH pathway is a critical regulator of endothelial cell motilityBeata Wojciak-Stothard
BHF Laboratories, Department of Medicine, University College London, 5 University Street, London, WC1 E6JJ, UK
J Cell Sci 120:929-42. 2007..from knockout mice that lack one of the enzyme metabolising ADMA, dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase I (DDAHI) as well as endothelial cells overexpressing DDAH in vitro...
- [Protective effects of extract of Ginkgo biloba on vascular endothelial dysfunction induced by AGEs-BSA in vivo]Xian xia Li
Department of Pharmacy and Analysis, Yueyang Vocational and Technical College, Yueyang 414000, China
Zhong Yao Cai 30:1109-13. 2007..To explore the effect of extract of Ginkgo biloba (EGb) on vascular endothelial dysfunction induced by AGEs and to investigate the potential mechanisms...
- From arginine methylation to ADMA: a novel mechanism with therapeutic potential in chronic lung diseasesDariusz Zakrzewicz
Comprehensive Pneumology Center, Munich, Germany
BMC Pulm Med 9:5. 2009..but not SDMA, can be degraded via a class of intracellular enzymes called dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolases (DDAH)...
- PRMT-1 and DDAHs-induced ADMA upregulation is involved in ROS- and RAS-mediated diabetic retinopathyYihui Chen
Department of Ophthalmology, Shanghai First People s Hospital, Shanghai Jiaotong University, Shanghai 200080, China
Exp Eye Res 89:1028-34. 2009..Telmisartan decreased PRMT-1 expression and increased DDAH II expression, but had no effect on DDAH I expression...
- Effect of 3,4,5,6-tetrahydroxyxanthone on erythrocyte deformability in apolipoprotein E-deficient miceHong Bo Xiao
College of Veterinary Medicine, Hunan Agricultural University, Changsha, China
J Asian Nat Prod Res 11:643-51. 2009..erythrocyte deformability, antioxidant enzymes activity, erythrocyte dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase (DDAH) activity, the plasma level of ADMA and malondialdehyde (MDA) level were determined...
- Dysfunction of nitric oxide synthases as a cause and therapeutic target in delayed cerebral vasospasm after SAHRyszard M Pluta
Surgical Neurology Branch, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Neurol Res 28:730-7. 2006..ADMA elimination owing to disappearance of ADMA-hydrolyzing enzyme [dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase II (DDAH II)] immunoreactivity in the arteries in spasm. This eNOS dysfunction sustains vasospasm...
- Effects of angiotensin type 1 receptor blockade on arginine and ADMA synthesis and metabolic pathways in fawn-hooded hypertensive ratsGin Fu Chen
Department of Physiology and Functional Genomics, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, USA
Nephrol Dial Transplant 25:3518-25. 2010..L-Arg is then taken up from plasma into cells where it can be utilized by NOS and other pathways. The competitive inhibitor of NOS, ADMA, is degraded by dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase (DDAH).
- Structural insight into arginine degradation by arginine deiminase, an antibacterial and parasite drug targetAndrey Galkin
Center for Advanced Research in Biotechnology, University of Maryland Biotechnology Institute, Rockville, Maryland 20850, USA
J Biol Chem 279:14001-8. 2004..other arginine-modifying or substituted arginine-modifying enzymes such as dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase (DDAH), arginine:glycine amidinotransferase, and arginine:inosamine-phosphate amidinotransferase, despite the lack of ..
- Accumulated endogenous nitric oxide synthase inhibitors, enhanced arginase activity, attenuated dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase activity and intimal hyperplasia in premenopausal human uterine arteriesRenzo Y Loyaga-Rendon
Comprehensive Reproductive Medicine, Graduate School, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, 1 5 45 Yushima, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8519, Japan
Atherosclerosis 178:231-9. 2005..arginase, which shares L-arginine as a common substrate with NOS, and dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase (DDAH) as a metabolizing enzyme of NOS inhibitors in the occurrence of intimal hyperplasia in premenopausal human uterine ..
- Pravastatin restores DDAH activity and endothelium-dependent relaxation of rat aorta after exposure to glycated proteinQing Feng Yin
Department of Pharmacology, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Central South University, Hunan, P R China
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 45:525-32. 2005..to investigate whether glycated bovine serum albumin (AGE-BSA) inhibits dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase (DDAH) activity to contribute to its adverse effect on endothelium-dependent relaxation in rat aorta, and whether ..
- Selective substrate-based inhibitors of mammalian dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolaseSharon Rossiter
Centre for Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Division of Medicine, BHF Laboratories, Rayne Building, University College London, UK
J Med Chem 48:4670-8. 2005The enzyme DDAH metabolizes methylarginines that are inhibitors of nitric oxide synthase (NOS)...
- Inactivation of two diverse enzymes in the amidinotransferase superfamily by 2-chloroacetamidine: dimethylargininase and peptidylarginine deiminaseEverett M Stone
Graduate Program in Cell and Molecular Biology, The University of Texas, Austin, Texas 78712, USA
Biochemistry 44:13744-52. 2005The enzymes dimethylargininase [dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase (DDAH); EC 18.104.22.168] and peptidylarginine deiminase (PAD; EC 22.214.171.124) catalyze hydrolysis of substituted arginines...
- Molecular characterisation of the t(1;15)(p22;q22) translocation in the prostate cancer cell line LNCaPJ C Strefford
Cancer Research UK Medical Oncology Unit, Queen Mary and Westfield College, Charterhouse Square, London, UK
Cytogenet Genome Res 112:45-52. 2006..The breakpoint on chromosome 1 was shown to lie between the CYR61 and the DDAH1 genes with the der(1) junctional sequence linking the CYR61 gene to the TSPAN3 (TM4SF8) gene on chromosome 15...
- Role of asymmetric dimethylarginine in vascular injury in transgenic mice overexpressing dimethylarginie dimethylaminohydrolase 2Kazuhiro Hasegawa
Department of Internal Medicine, Keio University, Shinanomachi, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo, Japan
Circ Res 101:e2-10. 2007..asymmetric dimethylarginine (ADMA), an endogenous nitric oxide (NO) synthase inhibitor, and comprises 2 isoforms, DDAH1 and DDAH2. To investigate the in vivo role of DDAH2, we generated transgenic mice overexpressing DDAH2...
- GC-MS assay for hepatic DDAH activity in diabetic and non-diabetic rats by measuring dimethylamine (DMA) formed from asymmetric dimethylarginine (ADMA): evaluation of the importance of S-nitrosothiols as inhibitors of DDAH activity in vitro and in vivo inKristine Chobanyan
Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, Hannover Medical School, Carl Neuberg Strasse 1, D 30625 Hannover, Germany
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 858:32-41. 2007..is hydrolyzed to dimethylamine (DMA) and L-citrulline by the enzyme dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase (DDAH)...
- Human recombinant erythropoietin augments serum asymmetric dimethylarginine concentrations but does not compromise nitric oxide generation in miceAnjali Desai
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan Medical School, 109 Zina Pitcher Place, BSRB 3025, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 2200, USA
Nephrol Dial Transplant 23:1513-20. 2008..Furthermore, we wanted to study the effect of EPO on the expression of the enzymes that regulate ADMA metabolism and NO generation...
- Prohibitin identified by proteomic analysis of prostate biopsies distinguishes hyperplasia and cancerRamesh Ummanni
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Greifswald, F Sauerbruchstrasse, 17487 Greifswald, Germany
Cancer Lett 266:171-85. 2008..in PCA, prohibitin, NDRG1 tumor suppressor proteins, heat shock proteins, cytoskeletal proteins, enzymes like DDAH1 and ALDH2...
- ADMA induces monocyte adhesion via activation of chemokine receptors in cultured THP-1 cellsMeifang Chen
Department of Geriatric Medicine, Xiang Ya Hospital, Central South University, Xiang Ya Road 87, Changsha, Hunan 410008, China
Cytokine 43:149-59. 2008..of protein arginine methyltransferase (PRMT) and decreased the activity of dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase (DDAH)...
- Modulation of Rac1 activity by ADMA/DDAH regulates pulmonary endothelial barrier functionBeata Wojciak-Stothard
BHF Laboratories, Department of Medicine, University College London, United Kingdom
Mol Biol Cell 20:33-42. 2009..in pulmonary macrovascular and microvascular cells in vitro and in lungs of genetically modified heterozygous DDAHI knockout mice in vivo...
- Role of asymmetric dimethylarginine (ADMA) in diabetic vascular complicationsSho ichi Yamagishi
Department of Pathophysiology and Therapeutics of Diabetic Vascular Complications, Kurume University School of Medicine, Kurume 830 0011, Japan
Curr Pharm Des 14:2613-8. 2008..Further, since ADMA is mainly metabolized by dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase (DDAH), it is conceivable that the inhibition of ADMA via up-regulation of DDAH may be a novel therapeutic target for the ..
- Effect of ischemia-reperfusion on renal expression and activity of N(G)-N(G)-dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolasesGiovanni Li Volti
Department of Biological Chemistry, Medical Chemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Catania, Italy
Anesthesiology 109:1054-62. 2008Asymmetric dimethylarginine (ADMA) is an endogenous inhibitor of nitric oxide synthase. It is degraded by the enzyme dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase (DDAH).
- Estradiol stimulates vasodilatory and metabolic pathways in cultured human endothelial cellsAgua Sobrino
Research Foundation, Hospital Clinico Universitario, University of Valencia, Valencia, Spain
PLoS ONE 4:e8242. 2009..reductase were up-regulated by estradiol in a dose-dependent and estrogen receptor-dependent way, whereas COX2, DDAH1 and PLA2G4A remained unaltered...
- Inhibitory effect of resveratrol derivative BTM-0512 on high glucose-induced cell senescence involves dimethylaminohydrolase/asymmetric dimethylarginine pathwayQiong Yuan
Department of Pharmacology, School of Pharmaceutical Science, Central South University, Changsha 410078, China
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 37:630-5. 2010..inhibitory effects on aging through activation of sirtuin 1 (SIRT1) and dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase (DDAH)/asymmetric dimethylarginine (ADMA) pathway involved in the high glucose-induced endothelial cell senescence. 2...
- Improvement of endothelial dysfunction in atherosclerotic rabbit aortas by ex vivo gene transferring of dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase-2Mei Feng
Department of Pharmacology, Central South University, Changsha 410078, Hunan, People s Republic of China
Int J Cardiol 144:180-6. 2010..ADMA) is an independent risk factor for atherosclerosis, and dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase (DDAH) is the key enzyme responsible for the metabolism of ADMA...
- Assessment of serum levels of asymmetric dimethylarginine, symmetric dimethylarginine and L-arginine in coronary artery diseaseMohamed Z Gad
Biochemistry Department, Faculty of Pharmacy and Biotechnology, German University in Cairo, Egypt
Biomarkers 15:746-52. 2010..Correlation between serum levels of biomarkers and dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase-2 (DDAH-2) genotypes was studied...
- The adipose tissue gene expression in mice with different nitric oxide availabilityU Razny
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Jagiellonian University Medical College, Cracow, Poland
J Physiol Pharmacol 61:607-18. 2010..The enzyme dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase (DDAH) catabolizes ADMA, what leads to increase of endogenous NO bioavailability...
- [Alterations in reactive oxygen species and dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase-asymmetric dimethyl-arginine system in the process of endothelial cell senescence induced by high glucose]Tong Ning Yi
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, The Affiliated Hospital of Liaoning University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Shenyang 110031, Liaoning, China
Zhongguo Wei Zhong Bing Ji Jiu Yi Xue 23:275-8. 2011To investigate the changes in reactive oxygen species (ROS) and dimethyl- arginine dimethylaminohydrolase-asymmetric dimethylarginine (DDAH-ADMA) system in the process of endothelial cell senescence after exposure to high glucose.
- The combined ratios of L-arginine and asymmetric and symmetric dimethylarginine as biomarkers in spontaneously hypertensive ratsChien Ning Hsu
Department of Pharmacy, Kaohsiung Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, and Chang Gung University College of Medicine, 123 Dabi Rd, Niausung, Kaohsiung 833, Taiwan
Transl Res 159:90-8. 2012..Renal AAR is a strong independent marker of renal dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase (DDAH) activity. The plasma ASR was correlated strongly to blood pressure...
- Severely decreased activity of placental dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase in pre-eclampsiaMaike Anderssohn
Department of Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Martinistrasse 52, Hamburg, Germany
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 161:152-6. 2012..ADMA is degraded mainly by dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase (DDAH), which is also expressed in placental tissue...
- Common genetic variants in the endothelial system predict blood pressure response to sodium intake: the GenSalt studyMaria Daniela Defagó
Centro de Excelencia en Salud Cardiovascular para el Cono Sur, Instituto de Efectividad Clínica y Sanitaria, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Am J Hypertens 26:643-56. 2013..RESULTS The DDAH1 rs11161637 variant was associated with reduced BP salt sensitivity, conferring attenuated systolic BP (SBP) and ..
- Expression profiles of subtracted mRNAs during cellular senescence in human mesenchymal stem cells derived from bone marrowJung Ki Yoo
Department of Pharmacy, College of Pharmacy, CHA University, 222 Yatap Dong, Bundang gu, Seongnam si, Gyeonggi do 463 836, Republic of Korea
Exp Gerontol 48:464-71. 2013..In particular, the expression levels of 9 genes, HSP90B1, EID1, ATP2B4, DDAH1, PRNP, RAB1A, PGS5, TM4SF1 and SSR3, gradually increased during senescence...
- Impact of high salt independent of blood pressure on PRMT/ADMA/DDAH pathway in the aorta of Dahl salt-sensitive ratsYu Cao
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, First Affiliated Hospital of Medical College of Xi an Jiaotong University, No 277 Yanta West Road, Xi an, Shaanxi 710061, China
Int J Mol Sci 14:8062-72. 2013..The objectives of this study were to investigate the impact of a high salt diet on the PRMT/ADMA/DDAH (protein arginine methyltransferases; dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase) pathway in Dahl salt-sensitive (DS) ..
- Pharmacology and clinical pharmacology of methylarginines used as inhibitors of nitric oxide synthasesAnja Kittel
Institute of Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, Friedrich Alexander Universitat Erlangen Nurnberg, Fahrstraße 17, 91054 Erlangen, Germany
Curr Pharm Des 20:3530-47. 2014..data including IC50 values of ADMA and L-NMMA for NOS isoforms and transport proteins, as well as metabolism by dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolases (DDAH1 and DDAH2) and alanine-glyoxylate aminotransferase 2 (AGXT2) are discussed.
- Genetic and environmental determinants of dimethylarginines and association with cardiovascular disease in patients with type 2 diabetesMaike Anderssohn
Corresponding author Maike Anderssohn
Diabetes Care 37:846-54. 2014..ADMA) and symmetric dimethylarginine (SDMA), including single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs), in the DDAH1, DDAH2, and AGXT2 genes and their associations with prevalent and incident cardiovascular disease (CVD) in older ..
- Effect of lowering asymmetric dimethylarginine (ADMA) on vascular pathology in atherosclerotic ApoE-deficient mice with reduced renal massJohannes Jacobi
Department of Nephrology and Hypertension, Friedrich AlexanderUniversity Erlangen Nürnberg FAU, 91054 Erlangen, Germany
Int J Mol Sci 15:5522-35. 2014..inhibitor asymmetric dimethylarginine (ADMA) and its degrading enzyme, dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase (DDAH1), on atherosclerosis in subtotally nephrectomized (SNX) ApoE-deficient mice...
- [Identification of a NFB responsive element within the dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase 2 gene promoter]Yinghui Li
Department of Medical Genetics, College of Basic Medical Science, China Medical University, Shenyang, Liaoning 110001, P R China email
Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi 31:322-6. 2014To identify a NFB responsive element within the dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase 2 gene (DDAH) promoter and demonstrate its role in DDAH2 transactivation.
- [119-POS]: ADMA is lower and endothelial-dependent vascular function is improved in hypercholesterolemia with acute caffeine treatmentRobert Powers
University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Pregnancy Hypertens 5:64. 2015..ADMA) is an endogenous inhibitor of nitric oxide synthase and metabolized primarily by the enzyme DDAH1. ADMA is an independent risk factor of CVD among low-, medium- and high-risk patients, and significantly elevated ..
- Plasma asymmetric and symmetric dimethylarginine in a rat model of endothelial dysfunction induced by acute hyperhomocysteinemiaJoëlle Magné
Atherosclerosis Research Unit, Department of Medicine, Center for Molecular Medicine, Karolinska University Hospital, Karolinska Institutet, 171 76, Stockholm, Sweden
Amino Acids 47:1975-82. 2015..mRNA expression of hepatic dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase-1 (DDAH1), a key protein responsible for ADMA metabolism, was measured 6 h after the methionine loading or the vehicle...
- Dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase 2 regulates nitric oxide synthesis and hemodynamics and determines outcome in polymicrobial sepsisSimon Lambden
From the Nitric Oxide Signalling Group S L, P K, Z W, B L, B T, M D, L D, S P, J T, B C, L C, O B, A s, J L and Bioinformatics Core S K, Clinical Sciences Centre, Medical Research Council, Hammersmith Hospital, London, United Kingdom National Heart and Lung Institute B A S and Centre for Pharmacology and Therapeutics L Z, E O, Imperial College London, London, United Kingdom Institute of Pharmaceutical Science, King s College London, London, United Kingdom M N Bloomsbury Institute of Intensive Care Medicine, Division of Medicine, University College London, London, United Kingdom M S and School of Pharmacy and Chemistry, Kingston University, Surrey, United Kingdom F A
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 35:1382-92. 2015..metabolizes asymmetric dimethylarginine and monomethyl-L-arginine is dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase (DDAH)...
- Asymmetric dimethyl-arginine metabolism in a murine model of cigarette smoke-mediated lung inflammationElizabeth B Staab
Department of Environmental, Agricultural and Occupational Health, College of Public Health, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE, USA
J Immunotoxicol 12:273-82. 2015..One important regulator of this molecule is the ADMA-metabolizing enzyme dimethyl-arginine dimethyl-aminohydrolase (DDAH)...
- DDAH1 deficiency promotes intracellular oxidative stress and cell apoptosis via a miR-21-dependent pathway in mouse embryonic fibroblastsChenyang Zhao
College of Life Science, University of Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100049, China
Free Radic Biol Med 92:50-60. 2016..an endogenous nitric oxide synthase (NOS) inhibitor, is degraded by dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase 1 (DDAH1)...
- Cloning and sequencing of cDNA encoding NG,NG-dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase from rat kidneyM Kimoto
Department of Nutrition, School of Medicine, University of Tokushima, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1337:6-10. 1997..Northern blotting analyses showed that the mRNA (4 kb) is ubiquitously expressed in various rat tissues...
- Myocardial proteome analysis reveals reduced NOS inhibition and enhanced glycolytic capacity in areas of low local blood flowTim Laussmann
Department of Physiology, Heinrich Heine University Dusseldorf, Germany
FASEB J 16:628-30. 2002..In low flow samples, dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase (DDAH1) was increased greatly (+377%, compared with high flow samples)...
- Regulation of cytokine-induced nitric oxide synthesis by asymmetric dimethylarginine: role of dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolaseSeiji Ueda
Department of Internal Medicine III and the Cardiovascular Research Institute, Kurume University School of Medicine, Kurume, Japan
Circ Res 92:226-33. 2003..ADMA), an endogenous NO synthase inhibitor, is metabolized by dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase (DDAH)...
- Effects of overexpression of dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase on tumor angiogenesis assessed by susceptibility magnetic resonance imagingVassiliki Kostourou
Department of Basic Medical Sciences, St George s Hospital Medical School, London SW17 ORE, United Kingdom
Cancer Res 63:4960-6. 2003..Overexpression of dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase (DDAH), which metabolizes the endogenous inhibitors of NO synthesis asymmetric dimethylarginine and N-monomethyl-L-..
- Estradiol counteracts oxidized LDL-induced asymmetric dimethylarginine production by cultured human endothelial cellsElena Monsalve
Department of Physiology, University of Valencia, Spain
Cardiovasc Res 73:66-72. 2007..ADMA levels are mainly regulated by the activity of dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolases (DDAH)...
- Role of asymmetric dimethylarginine in inflammatory reactions by angiotensin IIMei Fang Chen
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Xiang Ya Hospital, Changsha, China
J Vasc Res 44:391-402. 2007..of protein arginine methyltransferase and a decrease in the activity of dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase (DDAH)...
- Mechanism of 4-HNE mediated inhibition of hDDAH-1: implications in no regulationScott P Forbes
Department of Physiology and Functional Genomics, The University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, Florida 32610, USA
Biochemistry 47:1819-26. 2008..derivatives of arginine whose cellular levels are controlled by dimethylarginine dimethylamino-hydrolase (DDAH)...
- The L-arginine/NO pathway in end-stage liver disease and during orthotopic liver and kidney transplantation: biological and analytical ramificationsThomas Becker
Department of Visceral and Transplant Surgery, Hannover Medical School, Carl Neuberg Strasse 1, 30625 Hannover, Germany
Nitric Oxide 20:61-7. 2009..Our study gives strong evidence of the exceptional importance of hepatic dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase (DDAH) activity for the elimination of systemic ADMA...
- Involvement of dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase-2 in visfatin-enhanced angiogenic function of endothelial cellsJian Xiao
Department of Pharmacology, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Central South University, Changsha, China
Diabetes Metab Res Rev 25:242-9. 2009Visfatin, a new adipocytokine, was reported to promote angiogenesis. Dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase (DDAH), which could regulate vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) expression in endothelial cells, is thought as a novel ..
- Cellular ADMA: regulation and actionTom Teerlink
Department of Clinical Chemistry, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Pharmacol Res 60:448-60. 2009..PRMT) and protein hydrolysis, its degradation by N(G),N(G)-dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase (DDAH) and its transmembrane transport by CAT that determines intracellular levels of ADMA may also determine the state ..
- The role of nitric oxide synthase inhibition by asymmetric dimethylarginine in the pathophysiology of preeclampsiaRainer H Boger
Clinical Pharmacology Unit, Institute of Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf Martinistrasse 52, DE 20246 Hamburg, Germany boeger uke uni hamburg de
Gynecol Obstet Invest 69:1-13. 2010..Its plasma concentration is regulated by dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase (DDAH)...
- Changes in brain protein expression are linked to magnesium restriction-induced depression-like behaviorNigel Whittle
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology and Center for Molecular Biosciences, University of Innsbruck, Innsbruck, Austria
Amino Acids 40:1231-48. 2011..Mg tissue levels and altered expression of four proteins, N(G),N(G)-dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase 1 (DDAH1), manganese-superoxide dismutase (MnSOD), glutamate dehydrogenase 1 (GDH1) and voltage-dependent anion channel 1...
- Asymmetric dimethylarginine in children with homocystinuria or phenylketonuriaNele Kanzelmeyer
Department of Pediatrics, Medical School Hannover, Carl Neuberg Str 1, 30625, Hannover, Germany
Amino Acids 42:1765-72. 2012..and nitrite in plasma and urine, and urinary dimethylamine (DMA), the dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase (DDAH) metabolite of ADMA, were measured by GC-MS...
- On the mechanism of dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase inactivation by 4-halopyridinesCorey M Johnson
Division of Medicinal Chemistry, College of Pharmacy, University of Texas, Austin, Texas 78712, USA
J Am Chem Soc 133:10951-9. 2011..is a quiescent affinity label for the nitric oxide controlling enzyme dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase (DDAH) (Johnson, C. M.; Linsky, T. W.; Yoon, D. W.; Person, M. D.; Fast, W. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2011, 133, 1553-1562)...
- Christopher S Wilcox; Fiscal Year: 2014..have found profound reductions in APR in the SHR model of oxidative stress that are dependent on p22phox, ROS and DDAH-1...
- NITRIC OXIDE AND OXYGENATION IN DIABETIC KIDNEYSNILS AXEL FREDRIK PALM; Fiscal Year: 2010..oxide synthase (NOS) inhibitor, asymmetric dimethylarginine (ADMA), by dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase (DDAH) expressed as two isoforms, DDAH-I expressed primarily in proximal tubular cells and DDAH-II expressed in the ..
- Metabolism of Endothelial Dysfunction in Renal DiseaseLeticia Castillo; Fiscal Year: 2006..Relevant enzymatic genotype (MTHFR and DDAH), will be correlated with the metabolic phenotype...
- Murugesan Velayutham; Fiscal Year: 2014..of this proposal is to establish Protein Arginine Methyltransferases and Dimethyarginine Dimethylaminohydrolase (DDAH), the enzymes responsible for methylarginine synthesis and metabolism, as a key regulator of endothelial function...
- Enzymology of DimethylargininaseWALTER L FAST; Fiscal Year: 2012..concentrations of these inhibitors are controlled, in turn, by two tissue specific isoforms of dimethylargininase, DDAH-1 and DDAH-2, which hydrolyze these inhibitors to remove inhibition of NO production...
- NITRIC OXIDE AND OXYGENATION IN DIABETIC KIDNEYSNILS PALM; Fiscal Year: 2007..oxide synthase (NOS) inhibitor, asymmetric dimethylarginine (ADMA), by dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolase (DDAH) expressed as two isoforms, DDAH-I expressed primarily in proximal tubular cells and DDAH-II expressed in the ..
- Adipose Tissue Production of the NOS Inhibitor, ADMAPhilip Tsao; Fiscal Year: 2007..3. To modulate ADMA metabolism by overexpression of DDAH and determine the effects upon ADMA elaboration and cell function...
- Effects Of DDAH On Endothelial DysfunctionARTHUR POPE; Fiscal Year: 2009..Normally methylarginines are metabolized by the enzyme DDAH, however, initial cellular studies have shown that DDAH activity is lost when endothelial cells are exposed to ..
- NITRIC OXIDE 'NO' AND THE KIDNEYChris Baylis; Fiscal Year: 2003..These studies will include NOS inhibitors, asymmetric dimethylarginine (ADMA), and its catabolizing enzyme, DDAH. Finally, she will evaluate the validity of the use of plasma and urinary NOX and will use Electron Spin Resonance (..
- Nitric oxide and superoxide effects on the failing heartYingjie Chen; Fiscal Year: 2006..Additional studies will determine whether mRNA and protein expression and activity for eNOS, nNOS, iNOS, CuZn-SOD, Mn-SOD and Ec-SOD are altered in coronary vessels and myocardium by the presence of CHF. ..
- Enhancement of methotrexate uptake in childhood ALLJohn McGuire; Fiscal Year: 2009..If successful, this research could provide a way to increase the effectiveness of methotrexate, a key drug used in treating childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia, and thus increase the cure rate in this disease. ..
- FOLYLPOLYGLUTAMATE SYNTHETASE IN CANCER CHEMOTHERAPYJohn McGuire; Fiscal Year: 2003..This may explain why high-level resistance to pulse MTX can occur in the absence of a large decrease in total FPGS activity or a rise in glutamyl hydrolase activity. ..
- Role of AP-2gamma in Ovarian Germline Stem CellsQuinton Winger; Fiscal Year: 2006..The potential for developing successful treatments for human infertility provided by these experiments emphasizes the immediate importance for this research. ..
- IMCD phosphodiesterase in pregnancy; role in ECFVEChris Baylis; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..