Genomes and Genes
cytochrome b5 reductase
Gene Symbol: cytochrome b5 reductase
Description: cytochrome b5 reductase 3
Alias: B5R, DIA1, NADH-cytochrome b5 reductase 3, NADH-cytochrome b5 reductase 3 membrane-bound form, NADH-cytochrome b5 reductase 3 soluble form, diaphorase-1, mutant NADH-cytochrome b5 reductase
Publications240 found, 100 shown here
- Soluble cytochrome b 5 reductase from human erythrocytesP G Passon
Biochim Biophys Acta 275:62-73. 1972
- The structure of the S127P mutant of cytochrome b5 reductase that causes methemoglobinemia shows the AMP moiety of the flavin occupying the substrate binding siteMaria C Bewley
Biology Department, Brookhaven National Laboratory, Upton, New York 11973, USA
Biochemistry 42:13145-51. 2003....
- Expression of a novel P275L variant of NADH:cytochrome b5 reductase gives functional insight into the conserved motif important for pyridine nucleotide bindingM J Percy
Department of Hematology, Floor C, Tower Block, Belfast City Hospital, Lisburn Road, Belfast BT9 7AB, Northern Ireland, UK
Arch Biochem Biophys 447:59-67. 2006..of recessive congenital methemoglobinemia (RCM, OMIN 250800) is associated with mutations in NADH:cytochrome b5 reductase (cb5r) and manifests as cyanosis from birth...
- Heterogeneity of the rat NADH-cytochrome-b5-reductase transcripts resulting from multiple alternative first exonsL Mota Vieira
Institute Cochin de Genetique Moleculaire, Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Unité 129, Paris, France
Eur J Biochem 220:729-37. 1994..the mechanisms responsible for the generation of different isoforms (membrane-bound and soluble) of NADH-cytochrome b5 reductase, and the different clinical forms of recessive congenital methemoglobinemia due to the deficiency of this ..
- Molecular basis of recessive congenital methemoglobinemia, types I and II: Exon skipping and three novel missense mutations in the NADH-cytochrome b5 reductase (diaphorase 1) geneW Kugler
Universitäts Kinderklinik, Robert Koch Str 40, D 37075 Gottingen, Germany
Hum Mutat 17:348. 2001Hereditary methemoglobinemia due to reduced nicotin amide adenine dinucleotide (NADH)-cytochrome b5 reductase (b5r) deficiency is classified into an erythrocyte type (I) and a generalized type (II)...
- Concise review: methemoglobinemiaA Mansouri
Department of Medicine, Overton Brooks VAMC, Shreveport, Louisiana 71101 4295
Am J Hematol 42:7-12. 1993..Under physiological conditions, methemoglobin reduction is accomplished mainly by red cell NADH-cytochrome b5 reductase (NADH-methemoglobin reductase) so efficiently that there is insignificant amounts of methemoglobin in the ..
- A compound heterozygote in the NADH-cytochrome b5 reductase gene from a Chinese patient with hereditary methemoglobinemia type IY S Wu
Center for Medical Laboratory, Fuzhou General Hospital, People s Republic of China
Int J Hematol 72:34-6. 2000To elucidate the mutation in the nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide-cytochrome b5 reductase (b5R) gene from a Chinese patient with hereditary methemoglobinemia type I, we analyzed the coding sequences of b5R cDNA from the patient and from ..
- A novel L218P mutation in NADH-cytochrome b5 reductase associated with type I recessive congenital methemoglobinemiaTugba Arikoglu
Department of Pediatric Hematology, Dr Sami Ulus Children s Health Education and Research Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Pediatr Hematol Oncol 26:381-5. 2009..Congenital methemoglobinemia due to deficiency of nicotinamide-adenine dinucleotide (NADH)-cytochrome b5 reductase (cb(5)r) is an autosomal recessive disorder characterized by life long cyanosis...
- Mutagenesis of Glycine 179 modulates both catalytic efficiency and reduced pyridine nucleotide specificity in cytochrome b5 reductaseGlenn W Roma
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, College of Medicine and the H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida 33612, USA
Biochemistry 44:13467-76. 2005b>Cytochrome b5 reductase (cb5r), a member of the ferredoxin:NADP+ reductase family of flavoprotein transhydrogenases, catalyzes the NADH-dependent reduction of cytochrome b5...
- Biosynthesis of N-glycolylneuraminic acid-containing glycoconjugates. Purification and characterization of the key enzyme of the cytidine monophospho-N-acetylneuraminic acid hydroxylation systemT Kawano
Department of Membrane Biochemistry, Tokyo Metropolitan Institute of Medical Science, Japan
J Biol Chem 269:9024-9. 1994..experiment with the purified CMP-NeuAc hydroxylase, soluble cytochrome b5, and recombinant NADH-cytochrome b5 reductase revealed that these three factors are essential for the reaction...
- Rate of alteration of hepatic mixed-function oxidase system in rats fed different dietary fatsA Ammouche
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Unité 26, Hopital Fernand Widal, France
Biochem Cell Biol 71:530-7. 1993..These enzymes were correlated very well (0.84 < r < 0.93), P < 0.05 with dietary sigma polyunsaturated fatty acids (n-3).(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Methemoglobinemia and eccentrocytosis in equine erythrocyte flavin adenine dinucleotide deficiencyJ W Harvey
College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Vet Pathol 40:632-42. 2003..This deficiency in FAD results from a defect in erythrocyte riboflavin metabolism, which has not been documented previously in animals...
- [Congenital methemoglobinemia: a rare case of cyanosis in the newborn]L Schwartz
Laboratoire d hématologie EFS Lorraine Champagne, Vandoeuvre les Nancy
Ann Biol Clin (Paris) 63:314-6. 2005..It is due to the recessive autosomal NADH-cytochrome b5 reductase (EC. 18.104.22.168) deficiency...
- Functional analysis of vaccinia virus B5R protein: role of the cytoplasmic tailM M Lorenzo
, Madrid, Valdeolmos, 28130, Spain
Virology 252:450-7. 1998..The B5R gene encodes an EEV-specific type I membrane protein, and deletion of this gene markedly decreases EEV formation ..
- Superoxide, neuroleptics and the ubiquinone and cytochrome b5 reductases in brain and lymphocytes from normals and schizophrenic patientsS A Whatley
Department of Neuroscience, Institute of Psychiatry, Denmark Hill, London, UK
Mol Psychiatry 3:227-37. 1998..The neuroleptic flupenthixol reduces the expression in rats of the gene coding for NADH-cytochrome b5 reductase as measured by in situ hybridisation and its enzymic manifestation...
- A linkage and physical map of chromosome 22, and some applications to gene mappingC Julier
, , Paris, France
Am J Hum Genet 42:297-308. 1988..Analysis of families segregating recessive congenital methemoglobinemia (RCM), a disease in which the cytochrome b5 reductase is defective, as well as of families with cases of hereditary low levels of cytochrome b5 reductase ..
- Stimulatory effects of lung cytochrome b5 on benzphetamine N-demethylation in a reconstituted system containing lung cytochrome P450LgM2E Arinc
Department of Biology, Middle East Technical University, Ankara, Turkey
Int J Biochem 26:1033-42. 1994..purified cytochrome b5 fractions were free of cytochrome P450, NADPH-cytochrome P450 reductase and NADH-cytochrome b5 reductase activities...
- A selective decrease in the xenobiotic metabolizing activity of rat lungs by nitrogen dioxide exposuresY Takahashi
Basic Medical Sciences Division, National Institute for Environmental Studies, Ibaraki, Japan
Toxicology 54:281-96. 1989..On the other hand, the cytochrome b5, NADPH-cytochrome P-450 reductase and NADH-cytochrome b5 reductase of lung microsomes were increased concomitant with increase in microsomal proteins during 2-week ..
- Microarray assay for evaluation of the genetic stability of modified vaccinia virus Ankara B5R geneMajid Laassri
Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, US Food and Drug Administration, 1401 Rockville Pike, HFM 470, Rockville, Maryland 20852, USA
J Med Virol 79:791-802. 2007..vaccine, an advanced oligonucleotide microchip was developed and used to assay for mutations that could emerge in B5R gene, a vaccinia virus gene encoding for a protein that contains very important neutralizing epitopes...
- Abnormalities in mitochondria-associated membranes and phospholipid biosynthetic enzymes in the mnd/mnd mouse model of neuronal ceroid lipofuscinosisJ E Vance
Lipid and Lipoprotein Research Group, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
Biochim Biophys Acta 1344:286-99. 1997..However, 3 proteins (cytochrome b5, NADH:cytochrome b5 reductase and mitochondrial F1Fzero-ATP synthase c subunit) which are normally present in mitochondria were ..
- Cytochrome b5 reductase: role of the si-face residues, proline 92 and tyrosine 93, in structure and catalysisChristopher C Marohnic
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, College of Medicine, University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida 33612, USA
Biochemistry 44:2449-61. 2005....
- Chemopreventive and therapeutic modulation of green tea polyphenols on drug metabolizing enzymes in 4-Nitroquinoline 1-oxide induced oral cancerPeriasamy Srinivasan
Team for Radiation Food Science and Biotechnology, Radiation Application Research Division, Advanced Radiation Technology Institute, Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute, Jeonbuk 580 185, Republic of Korea
Chem Biol Interact 172:224-34. 2008..the effect of green tea polyphenols (GTP) on the activities of cytochrome b5, cytochrome P450, cytochrome b5 reductase (cyt b5 R), cytochrome P450 reductase (cyt P450 R), arryl hydrocarbon hydroxylase (AHH), DT-diaphorase (..
- Methemoglobinemia in a young manYasmin S Hamirani
Department of Adult Cardiology, Texas Heart Institute at St Luke s Episcopal Hospital, Baylor College of Medicine Houston, Texas 77030 2304, USA
Tex Heart Inst J 35:76-7. 2008..Later, a DNA analysis, reported separately by others, showed that the patient's methemoglobinemia was caused by a novel mutation of the cytochrome b5 reductase gene.
- DT-diaphorase activity in normal and neoplastic human tissues; an indicator for sensitivity to bioreductive agents?E Smitskamp-Wilms
Department of Oncology, Free University Hospital, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Br J Cancer 72:917-21. 1995..extracts using 2,6-dichlorophenolindophenol (DCPIP) and NADH as substrates; cytochrome P450 reductase or cytochrome b5 reductase activities were assessed with cytochrome c and NADPH or NADH respectively...
- Determination of lumenal orientation of microsomal 50-kDa esterase/N-deacetylaseJ Ozols
Department of Biochemistry, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington 06030 3305, USA
Biochemistry 37:10336-44. 1998..at the conditions which led to the removal of the membranous segments from cytochrome b5 and the NADH-cytochrome b5 reductase. The proposed model of the 50-kDa protein predicts one transmembrane segment at the N-terminus, flanked ..
- Smallpox DNA vaccine protects nonhuman primates against lethal monkeypoxJ W Hooper
Virology Division, United States Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases, Fort Detrick, Maryland 21702, USA
J Virol 78:4433-43. 2004..that rhesus macaques vaccinated with a DNA vaccine consisting of four vaccinia virus genes (L1R, A27L, A33R, and B5R) were protected from severe disease after an otherwise lethal challenge with monkeypox virus...
- Structure of Physarum polycephalum cytochrome b5 reductase at 1.56 A resolutionSangwoo Kim
Institute for Protein Research, Osaka University, 3 2 Yamada Oka, Suita, Osaka, Japan
Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun 63:274-9. 2007..The differences in these structural properties between the two proteins were consistent with estimates of their thermostabilities obtained from differential scanning calorimetry data...
- Role of Thr(66) in porcine NADH-cytochrome b5 reductase in catalysis and control of the rate-limiting step in electron transferShigenobu Kimura
Department of Life Science, Graduate School of Science, Himeji Institute of Technology, Kouto 3 2 1, Kamigori, Hyogo 678 1297, Japan
J Biol Chem 278:3580-9. 2003..On the basis of these data, we present a new kinetic scheme to explain the mechanism of electron transfer from NADH to one-electron acceptors including cytochrome b(5)...
- Differential antigen requirements for protection against systemic and intranasal vaccinia virus challenges in miceDavid R Kaufman
Division of Viral Pathogenesis, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Virol 82:6829-37. 2008..intracellular mature virion (IMV) antigens A27L and L1R and extracellular enveloped virion (EEV) antigens A33R and B5R in a murine vaccinia virus challenge model...
- Investigation of orf virus structure and morphogenesis using recombinants expressing FLAG-tagged envelope structural proteins: evidence for wrapped virus particles and egress from infected cellsJoanne L Tan
Virus Research Unit, Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Otago, PO Box 56, Dunedin, New Zealand
J Gen Virol 90:614-25. 2009..Notable exceptions are A36R, K2L, A56R and B5R, which are associated with WV and EV envelopes...
- Biochemical evidence that high concentrations of the antidepressant amoxapine may cause inhibition of mitochondrial electron transportA M Roberton
Department of Biochemistry, University of Auckland, New Zealand
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 93:118-26. 1988..Microsomal NADH-cytochrome b5 reductase was inhibited by amoxapine, but at higher amoxapine concentrations than mitochondrial reactions...
- Evaluation of the methemoglobinemia associated with sulofenurD C Molthrop
Department of Medicine, Cooper Green Hospital, Birmingham, AL
Invest New Drugs 12:99-102. 1994..We studied the incidence of methemoglobinemia, sulfhemoglobinemia and cytochrome b5 reductase deficiency in nine consecutive patients enrolled in a phase II trials using Sulofenur...
- The vaccinia virus 42-kDa envelope protein is required for the envelopment and egress of extracellular virus and for virus virulenceM Engelstad
Sir William Dunn School of Pathology, University of Oxford, England
Virology 194:627-37. 1993Vaccinia virus gene B5R encodes a M(r) 42K glycoprotein that is expressed throughout infection and forms part of the envelope of extracellular virus...
- Electrostatic interaction between NADH-cytochrome b5 reductase and cytochrome b5 studied by site-directed mutagenesisK Shirabe
Department of Biochemistry, Oita Medical University, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1384:16-22. 1998Electrostatic interaction between NADH-cytochrome b5 reductase and cytochrome b5 was studied by site-directed mutagenesis...
- Rat oesophageal cytochrome P450 (CYP) monooxygenase system: comparison to the liver and relevance in N-nitrosodiethylamine carcinogenesisL F Pinto
Departamento de Bioquimica, IBRAG, Universidade do Estado do Rio de Janeiro, Av 28 de Setembro, 87, fundos, 4 degrees andar, Vila Isabel, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brasil
Carcinogenesis 22:1877-83. 2001..Total amount of cytochrome P450, NADPH P450 reductase, cytochrome b5 and cytochrome b5 reductase of the oesophageal mucosa was approximately 7% of what was found in the liver...
- Identification and characterization of a novel splice variant of mouse and rat cytochrome b5/cytochrome b5 reductaseBenjamin J Curry
ARC Centre of Excellence for Biotechnology and Development, Discipline of Biological Sciences, School of Environmental and Life Sciences, University of Newcastle, University Drive, Callaghan, NSW 2308, Australia
Genomics 83:425-38. 2004Cytochrome b5/cytochrome b5 reductase (cb5/cb5r) is a cytosolic fusion protein between the hemoprotein cytochrome b5 and the flavoprotein cytochrome b5 reductase...
- Redundancy or flexibility: molecular diversity of the electron transfer components for P450 monooxygenases in higher plantsDaisaku Ohta
Graduate School of Agriculture and Biosciences, Osaka Prefecture University, 1 1 Gakuen cho, Sakai 599 8531, Japan
Front Biosci 9:1587-97. 2004..hand, molecular diversity has also been reported for NADPH-cytochrome P450 reductase, cytochrome b5, and cytochrome b5 reductase in plants...
- Recessive congenital methaemoglobinaemia: functional characterization of the novel D239G mutation in the NADH-binding lobe of cytochrome b5 reductaseM J Percy
Department of Haematology, Belfast City Hospital, Belfast, UK
Br J Haematol 129:847-53. 2005..Thus cytb(5)r deficient patients who are heterozygous for an NADH-binding lobe mutation can exhibit the clinically less severe type I phenotype, even in association with heterozygous deletion of the NADH-binding lobe...
- LC16m8, a highly attenuated vaccinia virus vaccine lacking expression of the membrane protein B5R, protects monkeys from monkeypoxMasayuki Saijo
Special Pathogens Laboratory, Department of Virology 1, National Institute of Infectious Diseases, 4 7 1 Gakuen, Musashimurayama, Tokyo 208 0011, Japan
J Virol 80:5179-88. 2006..attenuated vaccinia virus vaccine strain LC16m8, with a mutation in the important immunogenic membrane protein B5R, to induce protective immunity against monkeypox in nonhuman primates was evaluated in comparison with the parental ..
- Analysis of tetramethylrhodamine-labeled actin polymerization and interaction with actin regulatory proteinsAndrea Pelikan Conchaudron
Dynamique du Cytosquelette, Laboratoire d Enzymologie et Biochimie Structurale, CNRS, Avenue de la Terrasse, 91198 Gif sur Yvette, France
J Biol Chem 281:24036-47. 2006..has also been used to solve the structure of actin in complex with the formin homology 2 domain of mammalian Dia1. To understand how the covalent modification of actin by TMR may affect the structural changes linked to ATP ..
- Reductive detoxification of arylhydroxylamine carcinogens by human NADH cytochrome b5 reductase and cytochrome b5Joseph R Kurian
Department of Medical Sciences, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wisconsin 53706 1102, USA
Chem Res Toxicol 19:1366-73. 2006..we hypothesized that the reductive detoxification of arylhydroxylamine carcinogens was catalyzed by NADH cytochrome b5 reductase (b5R) and cytochrome b5 (cyt b5)...
- Mitf regulation of Dia1 controls melanoma proliferation and invasivenessSuzanne Carreira
Signalling and Development Laboratory, Marie Curie Research Institute, Oxted, Surrey, RH8 0TL, United Kingdom
Genes Dev 20:3426-39. 2006..transcription factor, Mitf, via regulation of the DIAPH1 gene encoding the diaphanous-related formin Dia1 that promotes actin polymerization and coordinates the actin cytoskeleton and microtubule networks at the cell ..
- Identifying autism loci and genes by tracing recent shared ancestryEric M Morrow
Division of Genetics, Children s Hospital Boston and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Science 321:218-23. 2008..The largest deletions implicated genes, including PCDH10 (protocadherin 10) and DIA1 (deleted in autism1, or c3orf58), whose level of expression changes in response to neuronal activity, a marker of ..
- A novel mutation in type II methemoglobinemiaMichelle P Hudspeth
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina, USA
J Child Neurol 25:91-3. 2010Type II methemoglobinemia is a somatic deficiency of cytochrome b5 reductase with severe global neurologic impairment...
- Molecular smallpox vaccine delivered by alphavirus replicons elicits protective immunity in mice and non-human primatesJay W Hooper
US Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases, Virology Division, 1425 Porter Street, Fort Detrick, MD 21702, United States
Vaccine 28:494-511. 2009..Here, we demonstrated that virus-like replicon particles (VRPs) expressing the vaccinia virus A33R, B5R, A27L, and L1R genes elicited protective immunity in mice comparable to vaccination with live-vaccinia virus...
- CYB5R3: a key player in aerobic metabolism and aging?Rafael De Cabo
Laboratory of Experimental Gerontology, National Institute on Aging, NIH, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Aging (Albany NY) 2:63-8. 2010..Here we review the activities of a redox enzyme (NQR1 in yeast and CYB5R3 in mammals) that also influences the NAD(+)/NADH ratio and may play a regulatory role that connects aerobic metabolism with aging...
- Cetacaine induced methemoglobinemia: overview of analysis and treatment strategiesRizwan Khan
Camden Clark Medical Center, Department of Internal Medicine, Parkersburg, WV, USA
W V Med J 109:24-6. 2013..Inherited causes include an enzymatic deficiency in the enzyme cytochrome b5 reductase where as acquired causes are most commonly from routinely used medications...
- Modulatory effect of troxerutin on biotransforming enzymes and preneoplasic lesions induced by 1,2-dimethylhydrazine in rat colon carcinogenesisRajamanickam Vinothkumar
Department of Biochemistry and Biotechnology, Faculty of Science, Annamalai University, Annamalainagar 608 002, Tamil Nadu, India
Exp Mol Pathol 96:15-26. 2014..such as cytochrome P450, cytochrome b5, cytochrome P4502E1, NADPH-cytochrome P450 reductase and NADH-cytochrome b5 reductase and reduced activities of phase II enzymes such as glutathione-S-transferase (GST), DT-diaphorase (DTD) ..
- Identification of 10 cowpox virus proteins that are necessary for induction of hemorrhagic lesions (red pocks) on chorioallantoic membranesZhiyong Xu
Institut fur Virologie, Freie Universitat Berlin, Zentrum für Infektionsmedizin, Berlin, Germany
J Virol 88:8615-28. 2014..The genes are the homologues of F12L, F15L, E2L, E3L, E8R, A4L, A33R, A34R, A36R, and B5R of vaccinia virus (VACV)...
- A 5-hour-old male neonate with cyanosisMelkon Dombourian
Departments of Clinical Pathology and
Lab Med 46:60-3; quiz e14. 2015..The patient was subsequently diagnosed with a congenital cytochrome b5 reductase deficiency...
- The pivotal role of the mitochondrial amidoxime reducing component 2 in protecting human cells against apoptotic effects of the base analog N6-hydroxylaminopurineBirte Plitzko
From the Department of Pharmaceutical and Medicinal Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Institute, Christian Albrechts University of Kiel, 24118 Kiel, Germany
J Biol Chem 290:10126-35. 2015..and nucleosides upon reconstitution with the electron transport proteins cytochrome b5 and NADH-cytochrome b5 reductase. By RNAi-mediated down-regulation of mARC in human cell lines the mARC-dependent N-reductive detoxication ..
- Methemoglobin reduction by NADH-cytochrome b(5) reductase in Propsilocerus akamusi larvaeShintaro Maeda
Department of Materials and Applied Chemistry, College of Science and Technology, Nihon University, Tokyo 101 8308, Japan
Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol 185:54-61. 2015..NADH-dependent reduction of metHb in coelomic fluid suggested the coexistence of cytochrome b5 reductase (b5R) and cytochrome b5 with hemoglobin in the fluid and that these proteins were involved in ..
- NADH-Cytochrome b5 Reductase 3 Promotes Colonization and Metastasis Formation and Is a Prognostic Marker of Disease-Free and Overall Survival in Estrogen Receptor-Negative Breast CancerRikke R Lund
From the Department of Cancer and Inflammation Research, Institute of Molecular Medicine, University of Southern Denmark, J B Winsløws Vej 25 3, DK 5000 Odense C, Denmark
Mol Cell Proteomics 14:2988-99. 2015..altered expression in isogenic metastatic versus nonmetastatic cancer cell lines, including NADH-cytochrome b5 reductase 3 (CYB5R3), l-lactate dehydrogenase A (LDHA), Niemann-pick c1 protein (NPC1), and nucleolar RNA helicase ..
- MicroRNA library screening identifies growth-suppressive microRNAs that regulate genes involved in cell cycle progression and apoptosisYoung Chul Choi
Graduate School of Biotechnology, Kyung Hee University, Yongin, Republic of Korea
Exp Cell Res 339:320-32. 2015..In miR-608-transfected cells, B cell lymphoma 2-like 1 (BCL2L1), D-type cyclin 1 (CCND1), CCND3, cytochrome b5 reductase 3 (CYB5R3), phosphoinositide 3-kinase regulatory subunit 2 (PIK3R2), specificity protein 1 (SP1), and ..
- Constitutive activation of DIA1 (DIAPH1) via C-terminal truncation causes human sensorineural hearing lossTakehiko Ueyama
Laboratory of Molecular Pharmacology, Biosignal Research Center, Kobe University, Kobe, Japan
EMBO Mol Med 8:1310-1324. 2016DIAPH1 encodes human DIA1, a formin protein that elongates unbranched actin. The c...
- High-level expression in Escherichia coli of the catalytically active flavin domain of corn leaf NADH:nitrate reductase and its comparison to human NADH:cytochrome B5 reductaseG E Hyde
Plant Biotechnology Group, Michigan Technological University, Houghton 49931
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 168:1285-91. 1990..The recombinant flavin domain has a ferricyanide reductase specific activity of 1000 mumols NADH oxidized/min/mg protein and a visible spectrum virtually identical to that of human NADH:cytochrome b5 reductase.
- Molecular cloning of a cDNA encoding rat NADH-cytochrome b5 reductase and the corresponding geneS Zenno
Research Laboratory for Genetic Information, Kyushu University, Fukuoka
J Biochem 107:810-6. 1990Rat cDNA encoding NADH-cytochrome b5 reductase (b5R) was isolated from a rat liver cDNA library using a human b5R cDNA as a probe...
- [Effect of the cholesterol and protein diet on cytochrome P-450 dependent monooxygenase activity]A Plewka
Katedry Histologii i Embriologii Slaskiej Akademii Medycznej w Katowicach
Med Pr 46:17-23. 1995..Cytochrome P-450 and cytochrome b5 contents, NADPH-cytochrome P-450 reductase, NADH-cytochrome b5 reductase, aniline hydroxylase and 4-aminopyrine N-demethylase activities were measured in a hepatic microsomal ..
- Free radical generation from heterocyclic amines by cytochrome b5 reductase in the presence of NADHH Maeda
Department of Microbiology, Kumamoto University School of Medicine, Japan
Cancer Lett 143:117-21. 1999..Here we present more evidence in which O2*- is generated when recombinant human cytochrome b5 reductase (rh-Cytb5Rd) was incubated with HCAs such as IQ and MeIQ in the presence of NADH in vitro...
- Transcriptional and translational mechanisms of cytochrome b5 reductase isoenzyme generation in humansA Leroux
Institut Cochin de Genetique Moleculaire, U 129 INSERM Unité de Recherches en Physiologie et Pathologie Génétiques et Moléculaires, Universite Rene Descartes, 24 rue du Faubourg Saint Jacques, 75014 Paris, France
Biochem J 355:529-35. 2001b>Cytochrome b5 reductase (b5R) is an essential enzyme that exists in soluble and membrane-bound isoforms, each with specific functions. In the rat, the two forms are generated from alternative transcripts differing in the first exons...
- Similarities in the induction of post-Golgi vesicles by the vaccinia virus F13L protein and phospholipase DMatloob Husain
Laboratory of Viral Diseases, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Virol 76:7777-89. 2002..Two viral proteins, encoded by the F13L and B5R open reading frames, are essential for the membrane-wrapping step...
- Reduction of sulfamethoxazole and dapsone hydroxylamines by a microsomal enzyme system purified from pig liver and pig and human liver microsomesBernd Clement
Pharmazeutisches Institut, Christian Albrechts Universitat, Gutenbergstr 76, D 24118 Kiel, Germany
Life Sci 77:205-19. 2005..of benzamidoxime an oxygen-insensitive liver microsomal enzyme system that required cytochrome b5, NADH-cytochrome b5 reductase and a cytochrome P450 isoenzyme of the subfamily 2D has been described...
- Expression and characterization of a functional canine variant of cytochrome b5 reductaseGlenn W Roma
Department of Molecular Medicine, School of Basic Biomedical Sciences, College of Medicine, University of South Florida, 12901 Bruce B Downs Blvd, MDC 007, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Arch Biochem Biophys 452:69-82. 2006b>Cytochrome b5 reductase (cb5r), a member of the flavoprotein transhydrogenase family of oxidoreductase enzymes, catalyzes the transfer of reducing equivalents from the physiological electron donor, NADH, to two molecules of cytochrome b5...
- Characterization and use of mammalian-expressed vaccinia virus extracellular membrane proteins for quantification of the humoral immune response to smallpox vaccinesAlonzo D Garcia
Laboratory of DNA Viruses, Division of Viral Products, Center for Biologics and Evaluation and Research FDA, 1401 Rockville Pike, HFM 457, Rockville, MD 20892, USA
Clin Vaccine Immunol 14:1032-44. 2007..Quantitatively similar titers of antibodies against EV antigens A33R, A56R, and B5R were measured in mice vaccinated with Dryvax and MVA when MVA was administered at a dose of 10(8) plaque-forming ..
- Cloning, molecular characterization and expression of a cDNA encoding a functional NADH-cytochrome b5 reductase from Mucor racemosus PTCC 5305 in E. coliNeda Setayesh
Laboratory of Genetic Engineering, Department of Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran 14174, Iran
Biol Res 42:137-46. 2009The present work aims to study a new NADH-cytochrome b5 reductase (cb5r) from Mucor racemosus PTCC 5305. A cDNA coding for cb5r was isolated from a Mucor racemosus PTCC 5305 cDNA library...
- Individual variability in the detoxification of carcinogenic arylhydroxylamines in human breastKeelia Rhoads
Department of Medical Sciences, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wisconsin 53706 1102, USA
Toxicol Sci 121:245-56. 2011Cytochrome b(5) (b5) and NADH cytochrome b(5) reductase (b5R) detoxify reactive hydroxylamine (NHOH) metabolites of known arylamine and heterocyclic amine mammary carcinogens...
- Activation and detoxification metabolism of urban air pollutants 2-nitrobenzanthrone and carcinogenic 3-nitrobenzanthrone by rat and mouse hepatic microsomesMarie Stiborova
Department of Biochemistry, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
Neuro Endocrinol Lett 33:8-15. 2012..hepatic microsomes containing cytochromes P450 (CYPs), their reductase (NADPH:CYP reductase), and NADH:cytochrome b5 reductase was investigated under anaerobic and aerobic conditions...
- Evidence that cytochrome b5 and cytochrome b5 reductase can act as sole electron donors to the hepatic cytochrome P450 systemColin J Henderson
Division of Cancer Research, Medical Research Institute, University of Dundee, Jacqui Wood Cancer Centre, Ninewells Hospitaland Medical School, Dundee, United Kingdom
Mol Pharmacol 83:1209-17. 2013..These data provide strong evidence that cytochrome b(5)/cytochrome b(5) reductase can act as a sole electron donor to the P450 system in vitro and in vivo...
- In vitro effects of myricetin, morin, apigenin, (+)-taxifolin, (+)-catechin, (-)-epicatechin, naringenin and naringin on cytochrome b5 reduction by purified NADH-cytochrome b5 reductaseHaydar Celik
Department of Pharmaceutical Basic Sciences, Faculty of Pharmacy, Erciyes University, 38039 Kayseri, Turkey
Toxicology 308:34-40. 2013The microsomal NADH-dependent electron transport system consisting of cytochrome b5 reductase and cytochrome b5 participates in a number of physiologically important processes including lipid metabolism as well as is involved in the ..
- Suppression of NYVAC Infection in HeLa Cells Requires RNase L but Is Independent of Protein Kinase R ActivityMercedes Fernández-Escobar
Department of Preventive Medicine, Public Health and Microbiology, Universidad Autonoma, Madrid, Spain
J Virol 90:2135-41. 2015..abortive infection of human HeLa cells with the poxvirus strain NYVAC, for which an inhibition of viral A27L and B5R gene expression is described...
- Studies on the microsomal electron-transport system of anaerobically grown yeast. IV. Purification and characterization of NADH-cytochrome b5 reductaseS Kubota
J Biochem 81:187-95. 1977The presence of NADH-cytochrome b5 reductase [EC 22.214.171.124] in microsomes from anaerobically grown yeast was confirmed by its isolation and purification...
- The sequence of squash NADH:nitrate reductase and its relationship to the sequences of other flavoprotein oxidoreductases. A family of flavoprotein pyridine nucleotide cytochrome reductasesG E Hyde
Phytotechnology Research Center, Michigan Technological University, Houghton 49931
J Biol Chem 266:23542-7. 1991..has significant similarity to the amino acid sequences of sulfite oxidase, cytochrome b5, and NADH:cytochrome b5 reductase. Alignment of these sequences with that of squash defines domains of nitrate reductase that appear to ..
- Bacterial synthesis of active rat stearyl-CoA desaturase lacking the 26-residue amino-terminal amino acid sequenceP Strittmatter
Department of Biochemistry, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington 06032
J Biol Chem 263:2532-5. 1988..during induction, results in the formation of active holoenzyme which can be reconstituted with NADH cytochrome b5 reductase and cytochrome b5 to form an active stearyl-CoA desaturase system...
- Immunocytochemistry of calciosomes in liver and pancreasS Hashimoto
Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche Center of Cytopharmacology, University of Milano, Italy
J Cell Biol 107:2523-31. 1988..demonstrated that hepatic calciosomes express neither two ER markers (cytochrome-P450 and NADH-cytochrome b5 reductase) nor the endolysosome marker, luminal acidity (revealed by 3-[2,4-dinitroanilino]-3'-amino-N-methyl ..
- Identification of an "essential" cysteine of nitrate reductase via mutagenesis of its recombinant cytochrome b reductase domainU N Dwivedi
Phytotechnology Research Center, Michigan Technological University, Houghton 49931 1295
J Biol Chem 269:13785-91. 1994..near the C terminus, which is found in all nitrate reductases and also in the closely related NADH: cytochrome b5 reductase, as well as, most other members of this flavoenzyme family...
- Deletion of the vaccinia virus B5R gene encoding a 42-kilodalton membrane glycoprotein inhibits extracellular virus envelope formation and disseminationE J Wolffe
Laboratory of Viral Diseases, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
J Virol 67:4732-41. 1993..role of gp42, a glycoprotein component of the extracellular enveloped form of vaccinia virus (EEV) encoded by the B5R gene...
- Targeting proteins to the lumen of endoplasmic reticulum using N-terminal domains of 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase and the 50-kDa esteraseH Mziaut
Department of Biochemistry, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, Connecticut 06030 3305, USA
J Biol Chem 274:14122-9. 1999..general applicability of the proposed LTS, we fused the N terminus of E3 to the N terminus of the NADH-cytochrome b5 reductase lacking the myristoyl group and N-terminal 30-residue membrane anchor...
- Adaptation of cytochrome-b5 reductase activity and methaemoglobinaemia in areas with a high nitrate concentration in drinking-waterS K Gupta
Satellite Hospital, Banipark, Jaipur, India
Bull World Health Organ 77:749-53. 1999....
- Usefulness of statistic experimental designs in enzymology: example with recombinant hCYP3A4 and 1A2B Bournique
Rhone Poulenc Rorer, Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics, and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 13 Quai Jules Guesdes, Vitry s Seine Cedex, 94403, France
Anal Biochem 276:18-26. 1999..Later experiments confirmed the predictivity of the models and the efficiency of optimized conditions. This approach can be applied to other biochemistry areas...
- A novel plasma membrane quinone reductase and NAD(P)H:quinone oxidoreductase 1 are upregulated by serum withdrawal in human promyelocytic HL-60 cellsNathalie Forthoffer
Departamento de Biologia Celular, Fisiología e Immunología, Facultad de Ciencias, Universidad de Cordoba, Spain
J Bioenerg Biomembr 34:209-19. 2002..An enzyme with properties of a cytochrome b5 reductase accounted for most dicumarol-resistant quinone reductase activity in HL-60 plasma membranes...
- Nuclear overexpression of NADH:cytochrome b5 reductase activity increases the cytotoxicity of mitomycin C (MC) and the total number of MC-DNA adducts in Chinese hamster ovary cellsKathleen M Holtz
Department of Pharmacology, Yale Cancer Center, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
J Biol Chem 278:5029-34. 2003..The results indicate that the cytotoxicity of MC is modulated by the subcellular location of FpD, with greater cell kill occurring when bioactivation occurs in the proximity of its target, nuclear DNA...
- Cytochrome b5 reductase and cytochrome b5 support the CYP2E1-mediated activation of nitrosamines in a recombinant Ames testVishwesh Mokashi
Graduate Center for Toxicology, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40536 0305, USA
Arch Biochem Biophys 412:147-52. 2003..Neither cytochrome b(5) reductase nor cytochrome b(5) alone could support CYP2E1 activity. These results demonstrate that the cytochrome b(5) reductase/cytochrome b(5) pathway can support CYP2E1 activity in bacterial cells...
- Severe neurological impairment in hereditary methaemoglobinaemia type 2Sandra P Toelle
Division of Neurology, University Children s Hospital, Steinwiesstrasse 75, 8032 Zurich, Switzerland
Eur J Pediatr 163:207-9. 2004Recessive congenital methaemoglobinaemia (RCM) due to NADH-cytochrome b5 reductase (cytb5r) deficiency is a very rare disorder. We report on two unrelated patients (4 and 2.5 years old) with RCM type 2...
- Improved protection conferred by vaccination with a recombinant vaccinia virus that incorporates a foreign antigen into the extracellular enveloped virionHeesun Kwak
Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6073, USA
Virology 322:337-48. 2004..We therefore constructed a recombinant vaccinia virus that replaced the cytoplasmic domain of the B5R protein with a test antigen, HIV-1 Gag...
- Two-cistronic expression plasmids for high-level gene expression in Escherichia coli preventing translational initiation inhibition caused by the intramolecular local secondary structure of mRNAShigenobu Kimura
Graduate School of Life Science, University of Hyogo, 3 2 1 Kouto, Kamigori, Hyogo 678 1297
J Biochem 137:523-33. 2005..Using these plasmids, the solubilized donain of porcine NADH-cytochrome b5 reductase was also highly accumulated on prevention of the translational initiation inhibition...
- Assembly and mechanosensory function of focal adhesions: experiments and modelsAlexander D Bershadsky
Department of Molecular Cell Biology, The Weizmann Institute of Science, P O Box 26, Rehovot 76100, Israel
Eur J Cell Biol 85:165-73. 2006..G-protein Rho via activation of two major targets, Rho-associated kinase (ROCK) and the formin homology protein, Dia1. ROCK controls creation of myosin II-driven forces, while Dia1 is involved in the response of FAs to these forces...
- Methemoglobinemia caused by the ingestion of courgette soup given in order to resolve constipation in two formula-fed infantsFrancesco Savino
Dipartimento di Scienze Pediatriche e dell Adolescenza, Universita di Torino, Azienda Ospedaliera OIRM S Anna, Torino, Italy
Ann Nutr Metab 50:368-71. 2006..lt; 3 months of age are more susceptible than adults because of lower amounts of a key enzyme, NADH-cytochrome b5 reductase, which converts methemoglobin back to hemoglobin...
- cis-Acting site controlling bidirectional transcription at the growth-differentiation transition in Dictyostelium discoideumShigenori Hirose
Cell and Developmental Biology, Division of Biological Sciences, University of California, San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, California 92093 0368, USA
Eukaryot Cell 5:1104-10. 2006A pair of adjacent genes, impA and dia1, are divergently transcribed but expressed at different stages in the life cycle of Dictyostelium discoideum...
- Identification of the missing component in the mitochondrial benzamidoxime prodrug-converting system as a novel molybdenum enzymeAntje Havemeyer
Pharmaceutical Institute, Department of Pharmaceutical and Medicinal Chemistry, Christian Albrechts University of Kiel, 24118 Kiel, Germany
J Biol Chem 281:34796-802. 2006..A protein fraction free from cytochrome b5 and cytochrome b5 reductase was purified, enhancing 250-fold the minor benzamidoxime-reductase activity catalyzed by the membrane-..
- Diaphanous 1 and 2 regulate smooth muscle cell differentiation by activating the myocardin-related transcription factorsDean P Staus
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7525, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 27:478-86. 2007..The objective of the present study was to determine the contributions of the RhoA effectors, diaphanous 1 and 2 (mDia1 and mDia2), to this regulatory mechanism...
- Structure and properties of the recombinant NADH-cytochrome b5 reductase of Physarum polycephalumTerumi Ikegami
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Science, Okayama University of Science, Okayama, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 71:783-90. 2007..These results suggest that the Physarum enzyme plays an important role in the organism...
- Microarray reveals complement components are regulated in the serum-deprived rat retinal ganglion cell lineAbdelnaby Khalyfa
Department of Anatomical Sciences and Neurobiology, University of Louisville, School of Medicine, Louisville, KY 40292, USA
Mol Vis 13:293-308. 2007..The aim of this study was to generate a genome-wide gene expression of RGC-5 following serum deprivation and to identify candidate genes that may be involved in the signal transduction pathways...
- Cytochrome b5 and NADH cytochrome b5 reductase: genotype-phenotype correlations for hydroxylamine reductionJames C Sacco
Department of Medical Sciences, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
Pharmacogenet Genomics 20:26-37. 2010NADH cytochrome b5 reductase (b5R) and cytochrome b5 (b5) catalyze the reduction of sulfamethoxazole hydroxylamine (SMX-HA), which can contribute to sulfonamide hypersensitivity, to the parent drug sulfamethoxazole...
- Study of the individual cytochrome b5 and cytochrome b5 reductase domains of Ncb5or reveals a unique heme pocket and a possible role of the CS domainBin Deng
Department of Clinical Laboratory Sciences, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas 66160, USA
J Biol Chem 285:30181-91. 2010..Trp(114) is an invariant surface residue in all known Ncb5or orthologs but appears not to contribute to electron transfer from the b(5)R domain to the b(5) domain...
- MicroRNA regulation of glycoprotein B5R in oncolytic vaccinia virus reduces viral pathogenicity without impairing its antitumor efficacyMina Hikichi
Core Facility for Therapeutic Vectors, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Mol Ther 19:1107-15. 2011..Since the deletion of viral glycoprotein B5R not only decreases viral pathogenicity but also impairs the oncolytic activity of vaccinia virus, we used miRNA-..
- Safety and immunogenicity of LC16m8, an attenuated smallpox vaccine in vaccinia-naive adultsJeffrey S Kennedy
Wadsworth Center, New York State Department of Health, Albany, NY, USA
J Infect Dis 204:1395-402. 2011LC16m8 is an attenuated cell culture-adapted Lister vaccinia smallpox vaccine missing the B5R protein and licensed for use in Japan.
- Recovery and molecular characterization of live Camelpox virus from skin 12 months after onset of clinical signs reveals possible mechanism of virus persistence in herdsA A Yousif
Central Biotechnology Laboratory, College of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Resources, King Faisal University, Al Ahsaa, Saudi Arabia
Vet Microbiol 159:320-6. 2012..Virus identity was confirmed by sequence analysis of the CMLV A33R, A27L, B5R, and L1R orthologue genes...
- Sequence and phylogenetic analysis of host-range (E3L, K3L, and C7L) and structural protein (B5R) genes of buffalopox virus isolates from buffalo, cattle, and human in IndiaBidhan Ch Bera
Veterinary Type Culture Collection, National Research Centre on Equines, Sirsa Road, Hisar, Haryana, India
Virus Genes 45:488-98. 2012..genes: E3L, K3L, and C7L are essential for virus replication by preventing interferon resistance, whereas B5R is essential for spread of the virus and evasion from the host's immune response as in VACV...
- Transient neonatal cyanosis associated with a new Hb F variant: Hb F viseuCeleste Bento
Unidade de Anemias Congénitas, Centro Hospitalar e Universitário de Coimbra Coimbra, Portugal
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 35:e77-80. 2013Neonatal cyanosis in healthy newborns can be associated either with methemoglobin due to cytochrome b5 reductase deficiency or to M-hemoglobin, a group of hemoglobin variants resulting from mutations in the globin chain genes...
- Endothelial cell expression of haemoglobin α regulates nitric oxide signallingAdam C Straub
Robert M Berne Cardiovascular Research Center, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
Nature 491:473-7. 2012..NO signalling, and this signalling is shut off when Hb α is reduced to the Fe(2+) state by endothelial cytochrome b5 reductase 3 (CYB5R3, also known as diaphorase 1)...
- Biochemical Characterization of Cytochrome b5 Reductase in Candida albicansMARY JOLENE PATRICIA HOLLOWAY; Fiscal Year: 2010..One such enzyme, cytochrome b5 reductase (cb5r), has a high pharmacological significance owing to its role in fatty acid elongation, ergosterol (..
- CYTOCHROME B5--A CASE STUDY IN MOLECULAR RECOGNITIONMario Rivera; Fiscal Year: 1999..Interestingly, the E 1/2 of NADH-cytochrome b5 reductase is -88 mV, and -102 mV in the presence of NAD...
- David Ross; Fiscal Year: 2014..handling in cells stably transfected with the one electron reductases cytochrome P450 reductase or cytochrome b5 reductase which cause increased quinone one electron redox cycling and increased reactive oxygen generation...
- IRON AND OXYGEN CHEMISTRIES IN SIPUNCULAN BLOODDONALD KURTZ; Fiscal Year: 1992..Item (ii) refers to a system consisting of transfer of electrons in the sequence, NADH leads to NADH- cytochrome b5 reductase leads to cytochrome b5 leads to methemerythrin...
- Nitogen reduction and xenobiotic responseLauren A Trepanier; Fiscal Year: 2010..We have recently shown that hydroxylamines are detoxified by the flavoprotein NADH cytochrome b5 reductase (b5R) and the hemeprotein cytochrome b5 (cyt b5), through a novel, direct pathway of xenobiotic reduction...
- Thermodynamic Properties of NADH:Nitrate ReductaseMichael Barber; Fiscal Year: 2005..and mechanistic features with a variety of other flavin-, heme- and Mo-containing proteins including cytochrome b5 reductase, ferredoxin:NADP+ reductase, cytochrome b5 and sulfite oxidase...
- ISOLATION OF ELONGATION ENZYMES & SITE OF SYNTHESISDOMINICK CINTI; Fiscal Year: 1991..of the beta-ketoacyl CoA reductase since this step requires electron input from cytochrome b5 via NADH cytochrome b5 reductase or NADPH cytochrome P-450 reductase...
- Dose Optimization, Production & Tox Testing of Replicon-Vaccines for SmallpoxKurt Kamrud; Fiscal Year: 2009..Preliminary studies have identified four candidate vaccinia virus (VACV) genes A33R, B5R, A27L and L1R (4pox) that when expressed in animals, elicit a protective immune response...
- Development of an VEE Replicon Vaccine Against SmallpoxKurt Kamrud; Fiscal Year: 2005..The specific aims are (1) to construct VRP vaccines expressing VACV L1R, A33R, B5R and A27L genes (4pox) using GMP-compliant plasmid vectors and generate VACV-specific reagents, (2) to evaluate ..
- POXVIRUS SCR-CONTAINING PROTEINS AS THERAPEUTIC TARGETSSTUART ISAACS; Fiscal Year: 2003..The vaccinia complement-control protein (VCP) and the extracellular enveloped virus (EEV)-specific B5R protein both contain short consensus repeat (SCR) units present in complement regulatory proteins...
- MECHANISMS OF NATURAL KILLER CELL ACTIVATIONDaniel D Billadeau; Fiscal Year: 2012..direct interaction with ITAM-containing receptor complexes on NK cells;(c) The actin-nucleating formins FMNL1 and DIA1 regulate the initial phase of MTOC polarization that precedes the final translocation of the vesicles to the plams ..
- VACCINIA B5R PROTEIN IN SPREAD IMMUNE EVASION, VACCINESSTUART ISAACS; Fiscal Year: 2005..The vaccinia B5R gene encodes a 42-kDa protein found on the membranes of extracellular virions and infected cells...
- OXYGEN SENSING AND SIGNAL TRANSDUCTIONH Bunn; Fiscal Year: 2003..We have discovered three novel genes that have strong homology to cytochrome b5 reductase. One of these genes is of particular interest since it encodes a 488 residue fusion protein which, on the ..
- ACTIN AND MICROTUBULE-BASED MECHANISMS FOR FUNCTIONS OF NK LYMPHOID CELLSJohn A Cooper; Fiscal Year: 2013..We found that Arp2/3 is necessary for assembly of the actin-based lytic synapse and that the formin Dia1 appears to capture microtubule plus ends at the lytic synapse, which is required for the polarized secretion of ..
- Development of therapeutic antibodies for vaccinia virusGary Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2003..These are: 1) to express and characterize VV envelope proteins LIR, A33R and B5R in a baculovirus expression system and to prepare mouse and rabbit antibodies to those proteins; 2) to develop and ..
- LIPID METABOLISM AND MEMBRANE STRUCTURE AND FUNCTIONMichael Glaser; Fiscal Year: 1990..The properties of D-Beta-hydroxybutyrate dehydrogenase, cytochrome b5 and cytochrome b5 reductase will be examined in order to determine how lipids interact with them and affect their activity...
- STRUCTURE-FUNCTION STUDIES ON MICROSOMAL MEMBRANESPHILIPP STRITTMATTER; Fiscal Year: 1992..transport enzymes of endoplasmic reticulum involving cytochrome b5 interactions with two electron donors, cytochrome b5 reductase and cytochrome P-450 reductase and mainly one of a number of electron acceptors, stearyl-CoA desaturase...
- PRODRUGS TARGETING HYPOXIC TUMOR CELLSAlan Sartorelli; Fiscal Year: 2000..A determination of the role of NADPH:cytochrome C (P450) reductase, NADH:cytochrome b5 reductase and DT-diaphorase in the reductive action of the prodrug, employing purified enzymes and cells ..
- Bruce L Goode; Fiscal Year: 2016..of the actin and microtubule cytoskeletons are coordinated by a group of three interacting mammalian proteins: APC, Dia1, and EB1...
- Dev. of Optimized/Adjuvanted Smallpox DNA Vaccine (Gene Gun)T C Wu; Fiscal Year: 2009..Among the poxvirus-encoded proteins, four membrane proteins (A33R, B5R, L1R and A27L) (called 4-pox vaccine) have been shown to generate protective neutralizing antibody responses and ..
- Cocktail of Neutralizing MAbs for Smallpox PreventionJEFFREY NORDSTROM; Fiscal Year: 2009..The specific targets of the MAbs in this proposal are B5R and A33R (EEV-specific proteins) and A27L and L1R (IMV-specific proteins)...
- Structural and Functional Analysis of Oxygen SensorHao Zhu; Fiscal Year: 2003..We have cloned and characterized a novel cytochrome b-type NAD(P)H oxidase (b5/b5R) which appears to be a good candidate oxygen sensor...
- VACCINIA B5R PROTEIN IN DISSEMINATION AND IMMUNE EVASIONSTUART ISAACS; Fiscal Year: 2001DESCRIPTION: The B5R protein encoded by vaccinia virus appears to be a multifunctional protein which affects viral pathogenesis as well as the formation of the extracellular enveloped (EEV) forms of the virus...
- Molecular and Cellular Biology of LipidsCharles Martin; Fiscal Year: 2007..Proper facilities are available to accommodate handicapped individuals who will be considered equally in the selection of attendees and speakers. ..
- REGULATION OF FATTY ACID METABOLISMCharles Martin; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..