Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CYP7B1
Description: cytochrome P450 family 7 subfamily B member 1
Alias: CBAS3, CP7B, SPG5A, 25-hydroxycholesterol 7-alpha-hydroxylase, cytochrome P450 7B1, cytochrome P450, subfamily VIIB (oxysterol 7 alpha-hydroxylase), polypeptide 1, oxysterol 7-alpha-hydroxylase
Publications140 found, 100 shown here
- Estrogen receptor alpha mediates 17alpha-ethynylestradiol causing hepatotoxicityYukio Yamamoto
Laboratories of Reproductive and Developmental Toxicology, NIEHS National Institutes of Health, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
J Biol Chem 281:16625-31. 2006..In addition, ERalpha up-regulated the expression of CYP7B1 and down-regulated the CYP7A1 and CYP8B1, shifting bile acid synthesis toward the acidic pathway to increase the ..
- Spatiotemporal dynamics of the expression of estrogen receptors in the postnatal mouse brainN Sugiyama
Department of Biosciences and Nutrition, Karolinska Institute, Novum, Huddinge, Sweden
Mol Psychiatry 14:223-32, 117. 2009..We used CYP7B1 knockout mice which cannot hydroxylate and inactivate 3betaAdiol...
- Estrogen signaling in livers of male mice with hepatocellular carcinoma induced by exposure to arsenic in uteroMichael P Waalkes
Inorganic Carcinogenesis Section, Laboratory of Comparative Carcinogenesis, National Cancer Institute at National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 96:466-74. 2004....
- Microarray analysis of hepatic gene expression identifies new genes involved in steatotic liverNatalia Guillen
Departamento de Bioquimica y Biologia Molecular y Celular, Facultad de Veterinaria, Instituto Aragones de Ciencias de la Salud Universidad de Zaragoza Salud del Gobierno de Aragon, Spain
Physiol Genomics 37:187-98. 2009..Ten genes (Fsp27, Aqp4, Cd36, Ly6d, Scd1, Hsd3b5, Syt1, Cyp7b1, and Tff3) showed significant associations among their expressions and the degree of hepatic steatosis...
- 25-Hydroxycholesterol secreted by macrophages in response to Toll-like receptor activation suppresses immunoglobulin A productionDavid R Bauman
Department of Molecular Genetics and The Cancer Immunobiology Center, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:16764-9. 2009..Conversely, inactivation of the CYP7B1 oxysterol 7alpha-hydroxylase, which degrades 25-hydroxycholesterol, decreased serum IgA...
- Gene expression changes induced in mouse liver by di(2-ethylhexyl) phthalateJean S Wong
Department of Cell Biology and Neuroscience, University of California, Riverside 92521, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 185:180-96. 2002..In addition, steroidogenic gene cyp7B1 was downregulated while phospholipid transfer protein and cyp2B9 were induced...
- Oxysterol 7alpha-hydroxylase (CYP39A1) in the ciliary nonpigmented epithelium of bovine eyeHiromi Ikeda
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Science, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto, Japan
Lab Invest 83:349-55. 2003....
- Effect of ribavirin, levovirin and viramidine on liver toxicological gene expression in ratsChe Fang
Research and Development, Ribapharm Inc, Costa Mesa, CA 92626, USA
J Appl Toxicol 23:453-9. 2003..Levovirin decreased the mRNA level of CYP7A1 by fourfold but did not affect the expression of CYP27/CYP7B1 that functions as an alternative pathway for cholesterol metabolism...
- Dehydroepiandrosterone 7alpha-hydroxylation in human tissues: possible interference with type 1 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase-mediated processesOlivier Hennebert
Laboratoire de Biotechnologie, EA 3199, Conservatoire National des Arts et Metiers, 2 rue Conté, 75003 Paris, France
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 104:326-33. 2007Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) is 7alpha-hydroxylated by the cytochome P450 7B1 (CYP7B1) in the human brain and liver...
- Inhibition of acyl-coenzyme A:cholesterol acyltransferase stimulates cholesterol efflux from macrophages and stimulates farnesoid X receptor in hepatocytesSojin An
National Research Laboratory of Lipid Metabolism and Atherosclerosis, KRIBB, Daejeon, Korea
Exp Mol Med 40:407-17. 2008..expressed mRNA and protein revealed that cholesterol 7alpha-hydroxylase (CYP7A1), oxysterol 7alpha- hydroxylase (CYP7B1), and cholesterol 27-hydroxylase (CYP27) were highly induced by ACAT inhibition...
- A new marker for early diagnosis of 21-hydroxylase deficiency: 3beta,16alpha,17alpha-trihydroxy-5alpha-pregnane-7,20-dioneSofia Christakoudi
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, King s College Hospital, Denmark Hill, London SE5 9RS, UK
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 121:574-81. 2010..Only traces were found in controls. The likely involvement of oxysterol 7alpha-hydroxylase (CYP7B1) from the 'acidic' pathway of bile acid synthesis and 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase-1 in the generation of ..
- [Mechanisms of bile acid biosynthesis regulation--autoregulation by bile acids]Areta Hebanowska
Gdanski Uniwersytet Medyczny, Katedra i Zakład Biochemii, Gdansk
Postepy Biochem 57:314-23. 2011..Some of those factors influence the activities of other bile acids biosynthesis enzymes--CYP7B1, CYP27A1, CYP8B1...
- Multicohort genomewide association study reveals a new signal of protection against HIV-1 acquisitionSophie Limou
Laboratoire Génomique, Bioinformatique, et Applications, EA4627, Chaire de Bioinformatique, Conservatoire National des Arts et Metiers, Paris, France
J Infect Dis 205:1155-62. 2012..To date, only mutations in CCR5 have been shown to confer resistance to human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) infection, and these explain only a small fraction of the observed variability in HIV susceptibility...
- Polysome profiling in liver identifies dynamic regulation of endoplasmic reticulum translatome by obesity and fastingSuneng Fu
Department of Genetics and Complex Diseases, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
PLoS Genet 8:e1002902. 2012..The strongest examples of such regulations were the reduction in Cyp7b1 and Slco1a1, molecules involved in bile acid metabolism...
- Decreased hepatotoxic bile acid composition and altered synthesis in progressive human nonalcoholic fatty liver diseaseApril D Lake
University of Arizona, Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Tucson, AZ 85721, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 268:132-40. 2013..Increased mRNA expression of BAAT and CYP7B1 was observed in contrast to decreased CYP8B1 expression in NASH samples...
- Oxidative bioactivation of abacavir in subcellular fractions of human antigen presenting cellsCatherine C Bell
MRC Centre for Drug Safety Science, Department of Molecular and Clinical Pharmacology, University of Liverpool, Liverpool L69 3GE, United Kingdom
Chem Res Toxicol 26:1064-72. 2013..alcohol dehydrogenase 5 (Class III), aldehyde dehydrogenases (ALDH3A2, ALDH6A1, and ALDH9A1), CYP1B1, CYP2R1, CYP7B1, and hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase 10. Over 2600 proteins were identified by mass spectrometry...
- Sulphatation does not appear to be a protective mechanism to prevent oxysterol accumulation in humans and miceJure Acimovic
Division of Clinical Chemistry, Department of Laboratory Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital Huddinge, Stockholm, Sweden
PLoS ONE 8:e68031. 2013..In two patients with a mutation in CYP7B1 and markedly increased levels of 27OHC the sulphated fraction was 8% and 10% respectively...
- Cytochromes p450 and skin cancer: role of local endocrine pathwaysAndrzej T Slominski
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, 930 Madison Avenue, RM525, Memphis, TN 38163, USA
Anticancer Agents Med Chem 14:77-96. 2014..Cutaneous 7-hydroxylases (CYP7A1, CYP7B1 and CYP39) potentially can produce 7-hydroxy/oxy-steroids/sterols with modifying effects on local tumorigenesis...
- 27-Hydroxycholesterol promotes cell-autonomous, ER-positive breast cancer growthQian Wu
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pulmonary and Vascular Biology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Cell Rep 5:637-45. 2013..Increased tumor 27HC is correlated with diminished expression of CYP7B1, the 27HC metabolizing enzyme, and reduced expression of CYP7B1 in tumors is associated with poorer patient ..
- Molecular epidemiology and clinical spectrum of hereditary spastic paraplegia in the Japanese population based on comprehensive mutational analysesHiroyuki Ishiura
Department of Neurology, Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
J Hum Genet 59:163-72. 2014..Japanese population, we have conducted mutational analyses of 16 causative genes of HSP (L1CAM, PLP1, ATL1, SPAST, CYP7B1, NIPA1, SPG7, KIAA0196, KIF5A, HSPD1, BSCL2, SPG11, SPG20, SPG21, REEP1 and ZFYVE27) using resequencing ..
- Sensory ataxia as a prominent clinical presentation in three families with mutations in CYP7B1Roberto Di Fabio
Department of Medico Surgical Sciences and Biotechnologies, Sapienza University of Rome, Corso della Repubblica, 79, 04100, Latina, Italy
J Neurol 261:747-51. 2014Pathogenic mutations in CYP7B1 account for SPG5, an autosomal recessive hereditary spastic paraplegia characterized by a complex phenotype including visual problems and cerebellar dysfunction...
- 24S,25-Epoxycholesterol in mouse and rat brainYuchen Wang
Clinical Laboratory, Jinan Infectious Disease Hospital, Shandong University, Jinan, Shandong, China Electronic address
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 449:229-34. 2014..By exploiting knockout mice for the enzyme oxysterol 7α-hydroxylase (Cyp7b1) we show that this enzymes is important for the subsequent metabolism of the 24S,25-epoxide.
- Structural characterization of human cholesterol 7α-hydroxylaseWolfram Tempel
Structural Genomics Consortium, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, M5G 1L7, Canada
J Lipid Res 55:1925-32. 2014..The structure-based mutation T104L in the B' helix, corresponding to the nonpolar residue of CYP7B1, was used to obtain crystals of complexes with cholest-4-en-3-one and with cholesterol oxidation product 7-..
- An omics investigation into chronic widespread musculoskeletal pain reveals epiandrosterone sulfate as a potential biomarkerGregory Livshits
aDepartment of Twin Research and Genetic Epidemiology, King s College London, London, United Kingdom bDepartment of Anatomy and Anthropology, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel cNorwich Medical School, University of East Anglia, Norwich, United Kingdom dInstitute of Genetic Epidemiology, Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen, German Research Center for Environmental Health, Neuherberg, Germany eInstitute of Health Informatics, University College London UCL, London, United Kingdom fResearch Unit Molecular Epidemiology, Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen, German Research Center for Environmental Health, Neuherberg, Germany gInstitute of Epidemiology II, Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen, German Research Center for Environmental Health, Neuherberg, Germany hGerman Center for Diabetes Research, Neuherberg, Germany iInstitute of Bioinformatics and Systems Biology, Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen, German Research Center for Environmental Health, Neuherberg, Germany
Pain 156:1845-51. 2015..This study suggests that steroid hormone abnormalities result from pain rather than causing it, and EAS may provide a biomarker that identifies subgroups at risk of CWP...
- Overexpression of G6PD is associated with high risks of recurrent metastasis and poor progression-free survival in primary breast carcinomaHaihong Pu
Department of Medical Oncology, the Third Affiliated Hospital of Harbin Medical University, Haping Road 150 of Nangang District, Harbin, Heilongjiang Province, 150086, China
World J Surg Oncol 13:323. 2015The present study aimed to investigate the expression of CYP27A1, CYP7B1, insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1), glucose-6-phosphate-dehydrogenase (G6PD), glutathione S-transferase P1 (GSTP1), and pyruvate kinase isoform M2 (PKM2) in ..
- The Role of the Oxysterol/EBI2 Pathway in the Immune and Central Nervous SystemsAleksandra Rutkowska
School of Medicine, Dept of Physiology, Trinity College Dublin, 152 160 Pearse Street, Ireland
Curr Drug Targets . 2016..We also discuss expression and signalling of oxysterol-producing enzymes such as CH25H and CYP7B1 in the CNS and the immune system...
- Microarray Analysis of Differentially-Expressed Genes Encoding CYP450 and Phase II Drug Metabolizing Enzymes in Psoriasis and MelanomaVenil N Sumantran
Department of Biotechnology, Dr M G R Educational and Research Institute University, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600095, India
Pharmaceutics 8:. 2016..genes controlling the turnover of vitamin D (CYP27B1, CYP24A1), vitamin A (ALDH1A3, AKR1B10), and cholesterol (CYP7B1), were up-regulated in psoriasis, whereas melanomas showed downregulation of genes regulating turnover of vitamin ..
- Iron Overload Coordinately Promotes Ferritin Expression and Fat Accumulation in Caenorhabditis elegansHaizhen Wang
Key Laboratory of Animal Models and Human Disease Mechanisms of the Chinese Academy of Sciences and Yunnan Province, Kunming Institute of Zoology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Kunming 650223, China Kunming College of Life Science, University of Chinese Academy of Sciences, Kunming, Yunnan 650204, China
Genetics 203:241-53. 2016..Mutation of cyp-23A1, encoding a homolog of human cytochrome P450 CYP7B1 that is related to neonatal hemochromatosis, further enhances the elevated expression of ftn-1, sgk-1, and fat ..
- The Interaction of PPARα and CYP7B1 with ERα, β Impacted the Occurrence and Development of Intrahepatic Cholestasis in Pregnant RatsSong Zhaoyi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Ninth School of Clinical Medicine, Peking University, Beijing, China
Reprod Sci . 2016..Our findings provide the ERα-centered hypothesis on the mechanisms of ICP. New perspectives are emerging for the treatment of estrogen-induced hepatic complication...
- Generation of induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) from a hereditary spastic paraplegia patient carrying a homozygous Y275X mutation in CYP7B1 (SPG5)Stefan Hauser
German Center for Neurodegenerative Diseases DZNE, Tuebingen, Germany Electronic address
Stem Cell Res 17:437-440. 2016..were obtained from a 47-year-old hereditary spastic paraplegia patient carrying a homozygous mutation Y275X in CYP7B1 (Cytochrome P450, Family 7, Subfamily B, Polypeptide 1), responsible for causing hereditary spastic paraplegia ..
- 25R,26-Hydroxycholesterol revisited: synthesis, metabolism, and biologic rolesNorman B Javitt
Department of Pediatrics and Medicine, NYU School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
J Lipid Res 43:665-70. 2002....
- Regulation of oxysterol 7alpha-hydroxylase (CYP7B1) in primary cultures of rat hepatocytesWilliam M Pandak
Department of Medicine, Veterans Affairs Medical Center and Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA 23249, USA
Hepatology 35:1400-8. 2002..CYP27) with subsequent 7alpha-hydroxylation of 27-hydroxycholesterol by oxysterol 7alpha-hydroxylase (CYP7B1)...
- Programming of initial steps in bile acid synthesis by breast-feeding vs. formula-feeding in the baboonGlen E Motta
Department of Pathology, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, Texas 78229 3900, USA
Lipids 38:1213-20. 2003..liver biopsies were assayed for cholesterol 7alpha-hydroxylase (CYP7A1), 27-hydroxycholesterol-7alpha-hydroxylase (CYP7B1), and cholesterol 27-hydroxylase (CYP27A1)...
- Relationship between hepatic phenotype and changes in gene expression in cytochrome P450 reductase (POR) null miceXiu Jun Wang
Biomedical Research Centre, Level 5, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, Dundee DD1 9SY, UK
Biochem J 388:857-67. 2005..This was characterized by a reduced expression of Cyp7b1, and elevation of Cyp7a1 and Cyp8b1 expression...
- Inter-conversion of 7alpha- and 7beta-hydroxy-dehydroepiandrosterone by the human 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1Caroline Muller
Laboratoire de Biologie, EA 3199, Conservatoire National des Arts et Metiers, 2 rue Conté, 75003 Paris, France
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 99:215-22. 2006..The 7alpha-hydroxy-DHEA produced by the cytochrome CYP7B1 in tissues may exert anti-glucocorticoid effects through interference with the 11beta-HSD1-mediated cortisone ..
- Carcinogenicity of dimethylarsinic acid in Ogg1-deficient miceAnna Kinoshita
Department of Pathology, Osaka City University Medical School, Osaka 545 8585, Japan
Cancer Sci 98:803-14. 2007..Marked induction of Pola1, Cyp7b1, Ndfua3, Mmp13 and other genes specific to cell proliferation, cell signaling and xenobiotic metabolism in the ..
- The emerging role of nuclear receptor RORalpha and its crosstalk with LXR in xeno- and endobiotic gene regulationTaira Wada
Center for Pharmacogenetics, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 233:1191-201. 2008..Among ROR responsive genes, we identified oxysterol 7alpha-hydroxylase (Cyp7b1), which plays a critical role in the homeostasis of cholesterol, as a RORalpha target gene...
- Mechanisms of disease: Inborn errors of bile acid synthesisShikha S Sundaram
Section of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, University of Colorado School of Medicine and The Children s Hospital, CO 80045, USA
Nat Clin Pract Gastroenterol Hepatol 5:456-68. 2008..Failure to diagnose any of these conditions can result in liver failure or progressive chronic liver disease. If recognized early, many patients can have a remarkable clinical response to oral bile acid therapy...
- CYP7B1 mutations in pure and complex forms of hereditary spastic paraplegia type 5Cyril Goizet
INSERM UPMC UMR_S 975 ex U679, CRicm, Bat Pharmacie, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, 47 Boulevard de l Hopital, Paris Cedex 13, France
Brain 132:1589-600. 2009..Very recently, five mutations in the CYP7B1 gene, encoding a cytochrome P450 oxysterol 7-alpha hydroxylase and expressed in brain and liver, have been found ..
- Effects of CYP7B1-mediated catalysis on estrogen receptor activationHanna Pettersson
Division of Biochemistry, Department of Pharmaceutical Biosciences, University of Uppsala, Box 578, S 75123 Uppsala, Sweden
Biochim Biophys Acta 1801:1090-7. 2010..The current study examines the role of CYP7B1-mediated catalysis for activation of ER...
- Testosterone-induced permanent changes of hepatic gene expression in female mice sustained during Plasmodium chabaudi malaria infectionDenis Delic
Division of Molecular Parasitology, Department of Biology and Centre for Biological and Medical Research, Heinrich Heine University Duesseldorf, Universitaetstrasse 1, 40225 Duesseldorf, Germany
J Mol Endocrinol 45:379-90. 2010..Cyp3a41, Cyp3a44, Fmo3, Sult2a2, Sult3a1, and BC014805 were repressed, while the male-prevalent genes Cyp2d9, Cyp7b1, Cyp4a10, Ugt2b1, Ugt2b38, Hsd3b5, and Slco1a1 were upregulated...
- Clinical phenotype variability in patients with hereditary spastic paraplegia type 5 associated with CYP7B1 mutationsA Arnoldi
E Medea Scientific Institute, Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Bosisio Parini, Lecco, Italy
Clin Genet 81:150-7. 2012Spastic paraplegia type 5 (SPG5) is caused by mutations in CYP7B1, a gene encoding the cytochrome P-450 oxysterol 7-α-hydroxylase, CYP7B1, an enzyme implicated in the cholesterol metabolism...
- Amplicon-based high-throughput pooled sequencing identifies mutations in CYP7B1 and SPG7 in sporadic spastic paraplegia patientsN A Schlipf
Department of Medical Genetics, Institute of Human Genetics, Tubingen, Germany
Clin Genet 80:148-60. 2011..Amplicon libraries of the CYP7B1-(SPG5) and SPG7-gene were generated followed by a pooled next-generation sequencing (NGS) approach...
- Genomewide association study for determinants of HIV-1 acquisition and viral set point in HIV-1 serodiscordant couples with quantified virus exposureJairam R Lingappa
Department of Global Health, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e28632. 2011..To minimize misclassification of HIV-1 risk, we quantified HIV-1 exposure, using data including plasma HIV-1 concentrations, gender, and condom use...
- Influence of depleted uranium on hepatic cholesterol metabolism in apolipoprotein E-deficient miceM Souidi
Institut de Radioprotection et de Surete Nucleaire IRSN, Direction de la RadioProtection de l Homme, Service de Radiobiologie et d Epidemiologie, Laboratoire de Radiotoxicologie Experimentale, BP no 17, F 92262 Fontenay aux Roses Cedex, France
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 129:201-5. 2012..in the liver especially focused on the gene expressions of cholesterol-catabolising enzymes (CYP7A1, CYP27A1 and CYP7B1), as well as those of associated nuclear receptors (LXRα, FXR, PPARα, and SREBP 2)...
- Sample prefractionation for mass spectrometry quantification of low-abundance membrane proteinsMeiyao Wang
Institute for Bioscience and Biotechnology Research, Rockville, Maryland 20850, USA
Anal Chem 84:5186-91. 2012..Both, weakly associated (CPR and FdR) and tightly associated (CYP7B1, CYP11A1, CYP27A1, and CYP46A1) membrane proteins were quantified...
- Analysis of hepatic gene expression profile in a spontaneous mouse model of type 2 diabetes under a high sucrose dietKoji Nojima
Department of Geriatric Medicine and Nephrology, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka, Japan
Endocr J 60:261-74. 2013..C3H mice, hepatic expression levels of Kat2b (transcriptional regulation), Hsd3b5 (steroid hormone metabolism) and Cyp7b1 (bile acid metabolism) were initially lower in RD-fed NSY mice, and were further decreased in HSD-fed NSY mice...
- Gene expression profile in chronic mouse liver injury caused by long-term exposure to CeCl3Jie Cheng
Medical College, Soochow University, Suzhou 215123, People s Republic of China
Environ Toxicol 29:837-46. 2014..Cyp4a12a and great suppression of Cdkn1a resulted in hepatocyte apoptosis, marked elevation of Cel, and Cyp7b1 expression caused the metabolic disorders in mouse liver after long-term CeCl3 exposure...
- Steroid signaling: ligand-binding promiscuity, molecular symmetry, and the need for gatingRichard Lathe
State University of Pushchino, Prospekt Nauki, Pushchino 142290, Moscow Region, Russia Pushchino Branch of the Institute of Bio Organic Chemistry, Russian Academy of Sciences, Pushchino 142290, Moscow Region, Russia Pieta Research, PO Box 27069, Edinburgh EH10 5YW, UK Electronic address
Steroids 82:14-22. 2014..gain receptor access - exemplified by 11β-HSD gating cortisol access to the mineralocorticoid receptor, and P450 CYP7B1 gating Adiol access to ER...
- Transcriptional regulation and functional characterization of the oxysterol/EBI2 system in primary human macrophagesInga Preuss
Developmental and Molecular Pathways, Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research, Basel, Switzerland
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 446:663-8. 2014..such as cholesterol 25-hydroxylase (CH25H), sterol 27-hydroxylase (CYP27A1), and oxysterol 7α-hydroxylase (CYP7B1)...
- Clinical and genetic analysis of Taiwanese patients with hereditary spastic paraplegia type 5M Y Lan
Center for Parkinson s Disease, Department of Neurology, Kaohsiung Chang Gung Memorial Hospital and Chang Gung University College of Medicine, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Eur J Neurol 22:211-4. 2015..Spastic paraplegia type 5 (SPG5) is an autosomal recessive (AR) hereditary spastic paraplegia (HSP) associated with pure or complicated phenotypes. This study aimed to screen SPG5 in Taiwanese HSP patients...
- The cholesterol metabolite 27-hydroxycholesterol promotes atherosclerosis via proinflammatory processes mediated by estrogen receptor alphaMichihisa Umetani
Center for Pulmonary and Vascular Biology, Department of Pediatrics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390, USA Department of Pharmacology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Cell Metab 20:172-82. 2014..27-hydroxycholesterol (27HC) is an abundant oxysterol metabolized by CYP7B1. How 27HC impacts vascular health is unknown...
- Estrogen-mediated regulation of steroid metabolism in rat glial cells; effects on neurosteroid levels via regulation of CYP7B1-mediated catalysisGrzegorz Wicher
Department of Pharmaceutical Biosciences, Uppsala University, Sweden
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 145:21-7. 2015..In the current study we examined effects of estrogens on steroid metabolism catalyzed by CYP7B1 and other enzymes in primary cultures of rat astrocytes...
- Epigenetic modifications of gene promoter DNA in the liver of adult female mice masculinized by testosteroneMohamed A Dkhil
Department of Zoology, College of Science, King Saud University, 11451 Riyadh, Saudi Arabia Department of Zoology and Entomology, Faculty of Science, Helwan University, Cairo, Egypt Electronic address
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 145:121-30. 2015..g. the T-upregulated male-predominant genes Cyp7b1, Cyp2d9, Cyp4a10, Ugt2b1, Ugt2b38, Hsd3b5, Slco1a1 as well as the T-downregulated female-predominant genes Cyp2b9, ..
- Effect of hyperinsulinemia and type 2 diabetes-like hyperglycemia on expression of hepatic cytochrome p450 and glutathione s-transferase isoforms in a New Zealand obese-derived mouse backcross populationGeorgia J Pass
Institute for Pharmacology and Toxicology, Medical Faculty, Technical University of Aachen, Wendlingweg 2, D 52072 Aachen, Germany
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 302:442-50. 2002..Furthermore, expression of Cyp1a2, Cyp7b1, Gstm3, and Gstm6 was reduced in both diabetic and insulin resistant mice...
- Cytochrome P450s in the synthesis of cholesterol and bile acids--from mouse models to human diseasesGregor Lorbek
Center for Functional Genomics and Bio Chips, Institute of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, University of Ljubljana, Ljubljana, Slovenia
FEBS J 279:1516-33. 2012..In line with this, Cyp7b1 knockouts are also apparently normal, whereas human CYP7B1 mutations lead to a congenital bile acid synthesis ..
- Estrogen receptor beta dependent attenuation of cytokine-induced cyclooxygenase-2 by androgens in human brain vascular smooth muscle cells and rat mesenteric arteriesKristen L Zuloaga
Department of Basic Medical Sciences, University of Arizona College of Medicine, Phoenix, AZ 85004 2157, United States
Steroids 77:835-44. 2012..for the synthesis and metabolism of 3β-diol [3alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (HSD), 3β-HSD, 17β-HSD, CYP7B1] was detected. In addition, the expression of AR, ERα, and ERβ mRNA was detected...
- Oxysterol gradient generation by lymphoid stromal cells guides activated B cell movement during humoral responsesTangsheng Yi
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Immunity 37:535-48. 2012..7α,25-OHC is synthesized from cholesterol by the stepwise actions of two enzymes, CH25H and CYP7B1, and is metabolized to a 3-oxo derivative by HSD3B7...
- A clinical and genetic study of SPG5A linked autosomal recessive hereditary spastic paraplegiaP A Wilkinson
Department of Clinical Neurosciences, Royal Free and University College Medical School, London, UK
Neurology 61:235-8. 2003..Linkage to the previously described SPG5A locus was established with maximum multipoint lod score of 4.84. The locus was refined to a 23...
- Effects of dietary 27-hydroxycholesterol on cholesterol metabolism and bile acid biosynthesis in the hamsterMaamar Souidi
Laboratory of Physiology and Nutrition, Bâtiment 447, Universite Paris Sud, 91405 Orsay Cedex, France
Can J Physiol Pharmacol 81:854-63. 2003..Its effects on SR-BI protein levels are organ dependent. The properties of 27OH-Chol or its metabolites on cholesterol metabolism probably result from the activation of specific transcription factors...
- Neonatal cholestatic liver disease in an Asian patient with a homozygous mutation in the oxysterol 7alpha-hydroxylase geneIsao Ueki
Department of Pediatrics and Child Health, Kurume University School of Medicine, Kurume, Fukuoka, Japan
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 46:465-9. 2008
- Hereditary spastic paraplegias with autosomal dominant, recessive, X-linked, or maternal trait of inheritanceJosef Finsterer
Krankenanstalt Rudolfstiftung, Wien, Austria
J Neurol Sci 318:1-18. 2012..KIAA1840 (SPG11) gene whereas the 15 other genes are rarely mutated and account for SPGs in single families yet (CYP7B1 (SPG5), SPG7 (SPG7), ZFYVE26 (SPG15), ERLIN2 (SPG18), SPG20 (SPG20), ACP33 (SPG21), KIF1A (SPG30), FA2H (SPG35), ..
- Testosterone effect on the expression of genes that mediate testosterone metabolism and genes that mediate the effect of those metabolites on the prostateFalah Shidaifat
Laboratory of Reproductive and Molecular Endocrinology, College of Veterinary Medicine, The Ohio State University, 1900 Coffey Road, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Life Sci 91:194-8. 2012..aim of this study was to investigate the effect of testosterone treatment on the proliferation index and the mRNA expression levels of 5α-reductase, CYP7B1, androgen receptor (AR), and estrogen receptor β (ΕRβ) in the canine prostate.
- Targeted next generation sequencing in SPAST-negative hereditary spastic paraplegiaKishore R Kumar
Department of Neurogenetics, Kolling Institute of Medical Research, Royal North Shore Hospital and The University of Sydney, Pacific Hwy, St Leonards, Sydney, NSW, 2065, Australia
J Neurol 260:2516-22. 2013..one patient with SPG31, four with SPG7 (with one novel SPG7 mutation) and two with SPG5 (including two novel CYP7B1 frameshift mutations)...
- Sex differences in the circadian variation of cytochrome p450 genes and corresponding nuclear receptors in mouse liverYuan Fu Lu
Key Laboratory of Basic Pharmacology of Guizhou, Zunyi Medical College, Zunyi, China
Chronobiol Int 30:1135-43. 2013..b>Cyp7b1(male-predominant) and Cyp2a4 (female-predominant) both showed circadian variation...
- Hepatic bile acids and bile acid-related gene expression in pregnant and lactating ratsQiong N Zhu
Department of Pharmacology and Key Lab of Basic Pharmacology of Guizhou, Zunyi Medical College, Zunyi, China
Peerj 1:e143. 2013..Expression of Cyp8b1, Cyp27a1 and Cyp7b1 was also higher during lactation...
- Linkage of 'pure' autosomal recessive familial spastic paraplegia to chromosome 8 markers and evidence of genetic locus heterogeneityA Hentati
Department of Neurology, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, IL 60611
Hum Mol Genet 3:1263-7. 1994..Identification of the RFSP gene on chromosome 8 will help in understanding the genetic factors in motor neuron degeneration...
- Disruption of cholesterol 7alpha-hydroxylase gene in mice. II. Bile acid deficiency is overcome by induction of oxysterol 7alpha-hydroxylaseM Schwarz
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75235 9046, USA
J Biol Chem 271:18024-31. 1996..In older animals, an alternate pathway of bile acid synthesis involving an inducible oxysterol 7alpha-hydroxylase plays a crucial role in lipid and bile acid metabolism...
- Identification and characterization of a mouse oxysterol 7alpha-hydroxylase cDNAM Schwarz
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75235 9046, USA
J Biol Chem 272:23995-4001. 1997..Here, we show that a mouse hepatic oxysterol 7alpha-hydroxylase is encoded by Cyp7b1, a cytochrome P450 cDNA originally isolated from the hippocampus...
- Structure, evolution, and liver-specific expression of sterol 12alpha-hydroxylase P450 (CYP8B)H Ishida
Department of Biochemistry, Hiroshima University School of Dentistry, Minami Ku, Hiroshima, 734 8553, Japan
J Biochem 126:19-25. 1999..The enhanced CYP8B mRNA expression in streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats was significantly decreased by insulin within 3 h of its administration. These facts demonstrate a regulatory role of insulin in CYP8B expression as a suppressor...
- Structure and functions of human oxysterol 7alpha-hydroxylase cDNAs and gene CYP7B1Z Wu
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Pathology, Northeastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine, P O Box 95, Rootstown, OH 44272, USA
J Lipid Res 40:2195-203. 1999..The cloned human oxysterol 7alpha-hydroxylase (CYP7B1) cDNA encodes a polypeptide of 506 amino acid residues that shares 40% sequence identity to human cholesterol ..
- Expression cloning of an oxysterol 7alpha-hydroxylase selective for 24-hydroxycholesterolJ Li-Hawkins
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75235 9046, USA
J Biol Chem 275:16543-9. 2000..of 7alpha-hydroxylated bile acids from oxysterols requires an oxysterol 7alpha-hydroxylase encoded by the Cyp7b1 locus...
- Disruption of the oxysterol 7alpha-hydroxylase gene in miceJ Li-Hawkins
Departments of Molecular Genetics and Internal Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75235 9046, USA
J Biol Chem 275:16536-42. 2000..with a sexually dimorphic expression pattern, were constructed by the introduction of a null mutation at the Cyp7b1 locus...
- 24-hydroxycholesterol is a substrate for hepatic cholesterol 7alpha-hydroxylase (CYP7A)M Norlin
Division of Biochemistry, Department of Pharmaceutical Biosciences, University of Uppsala, S 751 23 Uppsala, Sweden
J Lipid Res 41:1629-39. 2000....
- Hepatic cholesterol metabolism and resistance to dietary cholesterol in LXRbeta-deficient miceS Alberti
Department of Biosciences at Novum, Karolinska Institutet, Huddinge, Sweden
J Clin Invest 107:565-73. 2001..Thus, our data indicate that LXRbeta has no complete overlapping function compared with LXRalpha in the liver...
- cyp7b1 catalyses the 7alpha-hydroxylation of dehydroepiandrosterone and 25-hydroxycholesterol in rat prostateC Martin
Molecular Endocrinology, Molecular Medicine Centre, Western General Hospital and Centre for Neuroscience, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh EH4 2XU, Scotland, UK
Biochem J 355:509-15. 2001..We recently described a novel cytochrome P450 enzyme, cyp7b1, strongly expressed in the hippocampus of rodent brain, which catalyses the metabolism of DHEA, pregnenolone and ..
- In vivo and in vitro regulation of sterol 27-hydroxylase in the liver during the acute phase response. potential role of hepatocyte nuclear factor-1R A Memon
Departments of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco and the Metabolism Section, Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, San Francisco, California 94121, USA
J Biol Chem 276:30118-26. 2001..A decrease in bile acid synthesis in liver would reduce cholesterol catabolism and thereby contribute to the increase in hepatic lipoprotein production that is induced by LPS and cytokines...
- The Diet1 locus confers protection against hypercholesterolemia through enhanced bile acid metabolismJack Phan
Department of Medicine, UCLA and the Veterans Affairs Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, Los Angeles, California 90073, USA
J Biol Chem 277:469-77. 2002..Genetic analysis of serum bile acid levels revealed co-segregation with Diet1, indicating that this locus is likely responsible for both increased bile acid excretion and resistance to hypercholesterolemia in B6By mice...
- Expression of key enzymes in bile acid biosynthesis during development: CYP7B1-mediated activities show tissue-specific differencesMaria Norlin
Division of Biochemistry, Department of Pharmaceutical Biosciences, University of Uppsala, Box 578, SE 751 23 Uppsala, Sweden
J Lipid Res 43:721-31. 2002The developmental variation of cytochrome P450 (CYP)7A1, CYP7B1, CYP27A1, and 3beta-hydroxy-Delta(5)-C(27)-steroid dehydrogenase, key enzymes in bile acid biosynthesis, were investigated in pigs of different ages...
- An endocrine pathway in the prostate, ERbeta, AR, 5alpha-androstane-3beta,17beta-diol, and CYP7B1, regulates prostate growthZhang Weihua
Department of Medical Nutrition, Karolinska Institute, Novum, S 141 86 Huddinge, Sweden
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:13589-94. 2002..We have used ERbeta(-/-) and CYP7B1(-/-) mice to investigate the role of ERbeta and one of its ligands, 5alpha-androstane-3beta,17beta-diol (..
- Characterization of the dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) metabolism via oxysterol 7alpha-hydroxylase and 17-ketosteroid reductase activity in the human brainStephan Steckelbroeck
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, University of Bonn, Sigmund Freud Strasse 25, D 53105 Bonn, Germany
J Neurochem 83:713-26. 2002..5 and 8.0 and a mean KM value of 5.4 micro m, corresponding with the presence of the oxysterol 7alpha-hydroxylase CYP7B1. Real-time RT-PCR analysis verified high levels of CYP7B1 mRNA expression in the human CNS...
- Gene expression profiles associated with inflammation, fibrosis, and cholestasis in mouse liver after griseofulvinTimothy W Gant
MRC Toxicology Unit, Hodgkin Building, PO Box 138, University of Leicester, Leicester, LE1 9HN UK
EHP Toxicogenomics 111:37-43. 2003..A potential decrease in bile acid and steroid biosynthesis was indicated by the decreased expression of Cyp7b1 and Hsd3b4, respectively. DNA damage was indicated by induction of GADD45...
- Regulation of oxysterol 7alpha-hydroxylase (CYP7B1) in the ratShunlin Ren
Department of Medicine, Veterans Affairs Medical Center and Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA 23249, USA
Metabolism 52:636-42. 2003..of cholesterol by 27-hydroxylase (CYP27), followed by 7alpha-hydroxylation by oxysterol 7alpha-hydroxylase (CYP7B1)...
- Hepatic expression of cytochrome P450s in hepatocyte nuclear factor 1-alpha (HNF1alpha)-deficient miceConnie Cheung
Laboratory of Metabolism, National Institutes of Health, 9000 Rockville Pike, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Biochem Pharmacol 66:2011-20. 2003..encoding CYPs involved in fatty acid and bile acid metabolism characterized by a reduction in the expression of Cyp7b1, and Cyp27 as well as elevations in Cyp4a1/3, Cyp7a1, Cyp8b1, and Cyp39a1 expression...
- Toxicogenomic analysis of aberrant gene expression in liver tumors and nontumorous livers of adult mice exposed in utero to inorganic arsenicJie Liu
Inorganic Carcinogenesis Section, Laboratory of Comparative Carcinogenesis, NCI at NIEHS, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Toxicol Sci 77:249-57. 2004..binding protein-1, superoxide dismutase, glutathione S-transferases, and CYP2A4, and the depressed expression of CYP7B1. Real-time RT-PCR analysis largely confirmed these findings...
- CYP7B generates a selective estrogen receptor beta agonist in human prostateCecile Martin
Endocrinology Unit, Department of Oncology, University of Edinburgh Western General Hospital, Edinburgh EH4 2XU, United Kingdom
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:2928-35. 2004..By this reaction, an ERbeta-specific agonist, 7HD, is produced. Therefore, CYP7B may be a novel regulator of the androgens/estrogenic balance within the prostate...
- Early onset of puberty and early ovarian failure in CYP7B1 knockout miceYoko Omoto
Department of Medical Nutrition, Karolinska Institute, 141 86 Huddinge, Sweden
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:2814-9. 2005b>CYP7B1 is the enzyme responsible for hydroxylation and termination of the estrogenic actions of the androgen metabolite, 5alpha-androstane-3beta, 17beta-diol (3betaAdiol)...
- Feedback regulation of bile acid synthesis in human liver: importance of HNF-4alpha for regulation of CYP7A1Anna Abrahamsson
Department of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Karolinska Institute K63, Karolinska University Hospital Huddinge, S 14186 Stockholm, Sweden
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 330:395-9. 2005..Treatment with CDCA decreased the mRNA levels of CYP7A1 by about 70%. The mRNA levels of CYP8B1, CYP27A1, and CYP7B1 were not significantly altered in the treated groups...
- Regulation of bile acid biosynthesis by hepatocyte nuclear factor 4alphaYusuke Inoue
Laboratory of Metabolism, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
J Lipid Res 47:215-27. 2006..These studies reveal that HNF4alpha plays a central role in BA homeostasis by regulation of genes involved in BA biosynthesis, including hydroxylation and side chain beta-oxidation of cholesterol in vivo...
- Transplacental arsenic plus postnatal 12-O-teradecanoyl phorbol-13-acetate exposures associated with hepatocarcinogenesis induce similar aberrant gene expression patterns in male and female mouse liverJie Liu
Inorganic Carcinogenesis Section, Laboratory of Comparative Carcinogenesis, National Cancer Institute at NIEHS, Mail Drop F0 09, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 213:216-23. 2006..Arsenic/TPA also decreased the expression of BRCA1, betaine-homocysteine methyltransferase, CYP7B1, CYP2F2 and insulin-like growth factor-1 in normal and cancerous livers...
- Regulation of steroid hydroxylase CYP7B1 by androgens and estrogens in prostate cancer LNCaP cellsWanjin Tang
Department of Pharmaceutical Biosciences, Division of Biochemistry, University of Uppsala, Box 578, S 751 23 Uppsala, Sweden
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 344:540-6. 2006The present study reports effects of androgens and estrogens on human CYP7B1 transcription in prostate cancer LNCaP cells...
- The cytochromes P450 (CYP) response to allergic inflammation of the lungIvaylo Stoilov
Department of Pharmacology, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, CT 06030, USA
Arch Biochem Biophys 456:30-8. 2006..of Cyp2e1, Cyp2f2, Cyp2j6, Cyp4b1, Cyp8a1 and Cypor were decreased while the mRNA levels of Cyp4f18, Cyp5a1 and Cyp7b1 were elevated. With resolution of the inflammation the expression patterns returned to normal...
- Activation of LXRs prevents bile acid toxicity and cholestasis in female miceHirdesh Uppal
Center for Pharmacogenetics and Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Hepatology 45:422-32. 2007..Activation of LXRs a l so suppresses expression of oxysterol 7alpha-hydroxylase (Cyp7b1), which may lead to increased levels of LXR-activating oxysterols.
- Regulation and expression of human CYP7B1 in prostate: overexpression of CYP7B1 during progression of prostatic adenocarcinomaMats Olsson
Department of Urology, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Prostate 67:1439-46. 2007..We hypothesized that CYP7B1 expression is increased in prostate tumors and that promoter methylation contributes to the regulation of CYP7B1 ..
- [Association between cholesterol 7alpha-hydroxylase -204A/C gene polymorphism and endogenous hypertriglyceridemia in Chinese]Yan Qiao
Division of Peptides Related with Human Diseases, State Key Laboratory of Biotherapy, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu, Sichuan, 610041 P R China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi 24:432-6. 2007....
- 27-Hydroxycholesterol is an endogenous SERM that inhibits the cardiovascular effects of estrogenMichihisa Umetani
Department of Pharmacology and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 6001 Forest Park Road, Dallas, Texas 75390 9050, USA
Nat Med 13:1185-92. 2007..pharmacologic administration or genetic manipulation (by knocking out the gene encoding the catabolic enzyme CYP7B1) decreased estrogen-dependent expression of vascular nitric oxide synthase and repressed carotid artery ..
- Identification of oxysterol 7alpha-hydroxylase (Cyp7b1) as a novel retinoid-related orphan receptor alpha (RORalpha) (NR1F1) target gene and a functional cross-talk between RORalpha and liver X receptor (NR1H3)Taira Wada
Center for Pharmacogenetics, 633 Salk Hall, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Mol Pharmacol 73:891-9. 2008..In this study, we revealed a novel function of RORalpha (NR1F1) in regulating the oxysterol 7alpha-hydroxylase (Cyp7b1), an enzyme critical for the homeostasis of cholesterol, bile acids, and oxysterols...
- Long-term phytosterol treatment alters gene expression in the liver of apo E-deficient miceZuyuan Xu
Department of Human Nutritional Sciences, University of Manitoba, Canadian Center for Agri food Research in Health and Medicine, St Boniface Hospital Research Center, Winnipeg, Canada R2H 2A6
J Nutr Biochem 19:545-54. 2008..001), Ppargc1b (PGC-1beta; a coactivator of sterol-regulatory element-binding proteins; 1.66-fold; P=.007) and Cyp7B1 (1.81-fold; P=.025)...
- The Hepatoprotective Role of the Orphan Nuclear Receptor LXRWen Xie; Fiscal Year: 2010..It is hoped that the development of selective LXR agonists may represent a novel strategy for the prevention and treatment of APAP-induced hepatotoxicity. ..
- Philip W Shaul; Fiscal Year: 2014..Recent preliminary studies in mice null for Cyp7b1, which metabolizes 27HC, suggest that 27HC may also promote atherogenesis, attenuate E2-induced protection from ..
- The Regulation of Human Hydroxysteroid Sulfotransferase by Nuclear Receptor RORWen Xie; Fiscal Year: 2012..It has recently been reported that certain hepatic CYP enzymes, such as CYP7B1 and CYP2C8, can be transcriptionally regulated by RORs, suggesting a broader role of these orphan receptors in ..
- Envronment-Sensitive genes in motoneuron degenerationTeepu Siddique; Fiscal Year: 2010..Mutations in the second gene, CYP7B1, are caused in corticospinal degeneration in a form of hereditary spastic paraplegia (SPG5A)...
- Genes and Genetic Models in Motor Neuron DisordersTeepu Siddique; Fiscal Year: 2007..genes for a more common form of recessive FALS (ALS5) on chromosome 15q15-q21 and a common form of recessive HSP (SPG5A) on chromosome 8q...
- Role of CRH in skin physiology and pathologyAndrzej Slominski; Fiscal Year: 2004..g., melanocytes and keratinocytes, and test the role of CRH/CRH-R1 axis in the regulation of human hair growth. ..
- Meeting: Mechanisms of Cell DeathZahra Zakeri; Fiscal Year: 2004..We expect that this meeting will lead to further publications. ..
- Scientific Meeting: Mechanisms of Cell DeathZahra Zakeri; Fiscal Year: 2006..We are currently negotiating publication arrangements. NIH funds will be used to support speakers and facilities. Future meetings in France and China are planned. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Cell Death Society Symposium on Targeting Cell Death Pathways for Human DiseasesZahra Zakeri; Fiscal Year: 2008..Our meeting will address the idea of how to go from basic research to development of methods for therapeutic interventions and targeting cell death pathways for human diseases. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Environmental factors in the etiology of glaucomaJohn Schenkman; Fiscal Year: 2006..Our hypothesis has the potential to clarify the basic mechanisms of developmental toxicity operating during eye development and provides an opportunity to develop screening panels for assessment of ocular toxicity. ..
- Phase II UDP-glucuronosyltransferases by PXRWen Xie; Fiscal Year: 2007..These include bilirubin and hormonal homeostasis, drug metabolism, and chemical carcinogenesis. ..
- PXR Controlled Bile Acid Detoxification in Colon CancerWen Xie; Fiscal Year: 2008..It is anticipated that the development of selective PXR agonists may represent a novel strategy to eliminate toxic bile acids and to prevent colon cancer. ..
- Regulation of Sulfotransferases by LXR and its Implication in PathophysiologyWen Xie; Fiscal Year: 2011..Since estrogens are prerequisites for breast cancer, delineating the regulatory effects of LXRs on EST/SULT1E1 expression may have a broader significance in the understanding of breast cancer prevention and treatment. ..