Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CYP4V2
Description: cytochrome P450 family 4 subfamily V member 2
Alias: BCD, CYP4AH1, cytochrome P450 4V2, cytochrome P450, family 4, subfamily V, polypeptide 2, docosahexaenoic acid omega-hydroxylase CYP4V2
Publications183 found, 100 shown here
- Genetic linkage of Bietti crystallin corneoretinal dystrophy to chromosome 4q35X Jiao
Ophthalmic Genetics and Clinical Services Branch, National Eye Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Am J Hum Genet 67:1309-13. 2000Bietti crystalline corneoretinal dystrophy (BCD) is an autosomal recessive retinal degeneration characterized by multiple glistening intraretinal dots scattered over the fundus, degeneration of the retina, and sclerosis of the choroidal ..
- Bietti crystalline corneoretinal dystrophy is caused by mutations in the novel gene CYP4V2Anren Li
Ophthalmic Genetics and Visual Function Branch, National Eye Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Am J Hum Genet 74:817-26. 2004..by D4S2924 by linkage and haplotype analysis; mutations were found in the novel CYP450 family member CYP4V2 in 23 of 25 unrelated patients with BCD tested...
- Screening for mutations in CYP4V2 gene in Japanese patients with Bietti's crystalline corneoretinal dystrophyYuko Wada
Department of Ophthalmology, Tohoku University School of Medicine, 1 1 Seiryo machi, Aoba ku, Sendai 980 77, Japan
Am J Ophthalmol 139:894-9. 2005To describe the clinical and genetic characteristics of six Japanese families with Bietti's crystalline corneoretinal dystrophy (BCD).
- CYP4V2 mutations in two Japanese patients with Bietti's crystalline dystrophyTamaki Gekka
Department of Ophthalmology, Jikei University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Ophthalmic Res 37:262-9. 2005..The purpose of this study was to report mutations in the CYP4V2 gene (encoding a ubiquitously-expressed 525-amino acid sequence belonging to the CYP450 family) and to investigate ..
- Novel mutations in the CYP4V2 gene associated with Bietti crystalline corneoretinal dystrophyMinghua Shan
Beijing Institute of Ophthalmology, Beijing Tongren Hospital, Capital University of Medical Science, Beijing, China
Mol Vis 11:738-43. 2005..Recently mutations in a new gene CYP4V2, encoding a protein belonging to a novel member of the cytochrome P450 family, have been identified as the cause ..
- Characterization of Bietti crystalline dystrophy patients with CYP4V2 mutationsKelvin Y C Lee
Singapore National Eye Centre
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 46:3812-6. 2005Mutations of the CYP4V2 gene, a novel family member of the cytochrome P450 genes on chromosome 4q35, have recently been identified in patients with Bietti crystalline dystrophy (BCD)...
- Clinical and molecular findings in three Japanese patients with crystalline retinopathyZi Bing Jin
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Science, Faculty of Medicine, University of Miyazaki, Miyazaki, Japan
Jpn J Ophthalmol 50:426-31. 2006To identify CYP4V2 mutations in three unrelated Japanese patients with Bietti crystalline corneoretinal dystrophy (BCD).
- Bietti crystalline corneoretinal dystrophy associated with CYP4V2 gene mutationsMakoto Nakamura
Department of Ophthalmology, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, 65 Tsuruma cho, Showa Ku, Nagoya 466 8550, Japan
Adv Exp Med Biol 572:49-53. 2006..Recent studies have demonstrated that the CYP4V2 gene which encodes a CYP450 family protein is the causative gene of the disease...
- Genotype phenotype analysis of Bietti's crystalline dystrophy in patients with CYP4V2 mutationsTimothy Y Y Lai
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 48:5212-20. 2007To evaluate the genotypic and phenotypic correlations of Bietti's crystalline dystrophy (BCD) in patients with the CYP4V2 gene by mutation screening and clinical and electrophysiological assessment.
- Expression and characterization of CYP4V2 as a fatty acid omega-hydroxylaseMariko Nakano
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, School of Pharmacy, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195 7610, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 37:2119-22. 2009Bietti's crystalline dystrophy is an ocular disease that is strongly associated with polymorphisms in the CYP4V2 gene...
- An atypical form of Bietti crystalline dystrophySettimio Rossi
Department of Ophthalmology, Second University of Naples, Napoli, Italy
Ophthalmic Genet 32:118-21. 2011..To describe clinical and functional features of a patient with Bietti crystalline dystrophy and atypical electroretinogram responses...
- Finding homes for orphan cytochrome P450s: CYP4V2 and CYP4F22 in disease statesEdward J Kelly
Department of Pharmaceutics, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Mol Interv 11:124-32. 2011..Human CYP4V2 and CYP4F22 are two such orphan P450s that are strongly linked to ocular andskin disease, respectively...
- Identification of CYP4V2 mutation in 21 families and overview of mutation spectrum in Bietti crystalline corneoretinal dystrophyXueshan Xiao
State Key Laboratory of Ophthalmology, Zhongshan Ophthalmic Center, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, PR China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 409:181-6. 2011..BCD is caused by CYP4V2 mutations...
- Molecular screening of the CYP4V2 gene in Bietti crystalline dystrophy that is associated with choroidal neovascularizationGandra Mamatha
SN ONGC Department of Genetics and Molecular Biology, Vision Research Foundation, Sankara Nethralaya, Chennai, India
Mol Vis 17:1970-7. 2011..The disease is caused by mutation in the cytochrome p450, family 4, subfamily v, polypeptide 2 (CYP4V2) gene. Choroidal neovascularization (CNV) is a rare event in BCD. We report two cases of BCD associated with CNV...
- Clinical and molecular findings in three Lebanese families with Bietti crystalline dystrophy: report on a novel mutationNour Maya N Haddad
Service d Ophtalmologie, Hotel Dieu de France Hospital, Beirut, Lebanon
Mol Vis 18:1182-8. 2012..rare autosomal recessive disorder caused by mutation of the cytochrome P450, family 4, subfamily V, polypeptide 2 (CYP4V2) gene and characterized by retinal pigmentary abnormalities and scattered deposits of crystals in the retina and ..
- Clinical and genetic features in Italian Bietti crystalline dystrophy patientsSettimio Rossi
Department of Ophthalmology, Seconda Universita degli Studi di Napoli, Via S Panini, 5, Naples 80131, Italy
Br J Ophthalmol 97:174-9. 2013The aim of the study was to describe the clinical and genetic features of 15 Italian patients with Bietti crystalline dystrophy (BCD).
- A novel mutation in the CYP4V2 gene in a Chinese patient with Bietti's crystalline dystrophyYanping Song
Department of Ophthalmology, Wuhan General Hospital of Guangzhou Military Command, Wuhan, 430070, China
Int Ophthalmol 33:269-76. 2013..It is known that mutations in the CYP4V2 gene result in BCD...
- Genotype-phenotype analysis of Bietti crystalline dystrophy in a family with the CYP4V2 Ile111Thr mutationGerardo Pedro García-García
Department of Ophthalmology, University General Hospital of Alicante, Alicante, Spain
Cornea 32:1002-8. 2013..The purposes of this study were to evaluate the genotypic and phenotypic correlations of Bietti crystalline dystrophy and to investigate the utility of in vivo corneal confocal microscopy in diagnosing this disorder...
- Detailed phenotypic and genotypic characterization of bietti crystalline dystrophyStephanie Halford
Nuffield Laboratory of Ophthalmology, Nuffield Department of Clinical Neuroscience, University of Oxford, Oxford, United Kingdom Electronic address
Ophthalmology 121:1174-84. 2014To provide a detailed phenotype/genotype characterization of Bietti crystalline dystrophy (BCD).
- Molecular analysis and phenotypic study in 14 Chinese families with Bietti crystalline dystrophyHoufa Yin
Eye Center, Second Affiliated Hospital of Zhejiang University School of Medicine, Hangzhou, Zhejiang Province, China Zhejiang Provincial Key Laboratory of Ophthalmology, Hangzhou, Zhejiang Province, China
PLoS ONE 9:e94960. 2014To investigate the clinical features and cytochrome P450 family 4 subfamily V polypeptide 2 (CYP4V2) gene mutations in 14 Chinese families with Bietti crystalline dystrophy (BCD).
- Cloning, sequencing, and expression of clustered genes encoding beta-hydroxybutyryl-coenzyme A (CoA) dehydrogenase, crotonase, and butyryl-CoA dehydrogenase from Clostridium acetobutylicum ATCC 824Z L Boynton
Department of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, The Institute of Biosciences and Bioengineering, Rice University, Houston, Texas 77005 1892, USA
J Bacteriol 178:3015-24. 1996The enzymes beta-hydroxybutyryl-coenzyme A (CoA) dehydrogenase (BHBD), crotonase, and butyryl-CoA dehydrogenase (BCD) from Clostridium acetobutylicum are responsible for the formation of butyryl-CoA from acetoacetyl-CoA...
- Involvement of NADH:acceptor oxidoreductase and butyryl coenzyme A dehydrogenase in reversed electron transport during syntrophic butyrate oxidation by Syntrophomonas wolfeiNicolai Müller
Fachbereich Biologie, Universitat Konstanz, Constance, Germany
J Bacteriol 191:6167-77. 2009..Furthermore, purification of butyryl-CoA dehydrogenase (Bcd) activity and peptide mass fingerprinting revealed two Bcd proteins different from the Bcd subunit of the Bcd/..
- Use of modified Lactobacillus selective medium and Bifidobacterium iodoacetate medium for differential enumeration of Lactobacillus acidophilus and Bifidobacterium spp. in powdered nutritional productsS C Ingham
University of Wisconsin Madison, Department of Food Science, 53706 1565, USA
J Food Prot 62:77-80. 1999..5 mg iodoacetic acid/liter; mBIM) was compared to MRS agar + bile, cysteine, and dicloxacillin (MRS + BCD) for enumerating Bifidobacterium infantis or Bifidobacterium lactis in the nutritional products...
- Expression of selected T-cell antigens in the skin infiltration in primary cutaneous T-cell lymphomasD Wojnowska
Department of Dermatology, Medical University of Lublin
Ann Univ Mariae Curie Sklodowska Med 56:237-42. 2001..Cases of benign chronic skin disorders (BCD) were included in control group...
- High-performance liquid chromatography coupled to enzyme-amplified biochemical detection for the analysis of hemoglobin after pre-column biotinylationM R van Bommel
Division of Analytical Chemistry, Leiden/Amsterdam Center of Drug Research, Leiden University, The Netherlands
J Chromatogr A 886:19-29. 2000The determination of proteins with enzyme-amplified biochemical detection (EA-BCD) coupled on-line with high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) is demonstrated. The EA-BCD system was developed to detect biotin-containing compounds...
- Identification and hepatic expression profiles of cytochrome P450 1-4 isozymes in common minke whales (Balaenoptera acutorostrata)Satoko Niimi
Center for Marine Environmental Studies CMES, Ehime University, Bunkyo cho 2 5, Matsuyama 790 8577, Japan
Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol 147:667-81. 2007..high identities with cattle CYP2C86 (83%), pig CYP2E1 (85%), sheep CYP3A24 (82%), pig CYP4A21 (80%), and human CYP4V2 (76%), respectively...
- Enzyme amplification as detection tool in continuous-flow systems. II. On-line coupling of liquid chromatography to enzyme-amplified biochemical detection after pre-column derivatization with biotinM R van Bommel
Division of Analytical Chemistry, Leiden/Amsterdam Center of Drug Research, Leiden University, The Netherlands
J Chromatogr A 855:397-409. 1999Enzyme-amplified biochemical detection (EA-BCD) was used as a post-column detection technique, coupled on-line with high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC)...
- Inhibition of three selected beverage extracts on alpha-glucosidase and rapid identification of their active compounds using HPLC-DAD-MS/MS and biochemical detectionDe Qiang Li
Institute of Chinese Medical Sciences, University of Macau, Macao SAR, China
J Agric Food Chem 58:6608-13. 2010..online liquid chromatography-diode array detection-tandem mass spectrometry and biochemical detection (LC-DAD-MS/MS-BCD) was developed to screen and identify alpha-glucosidase inhibitors from selected beverage extracts, including pu-..
- Influence of supplemental dietary poultry fat, phytase, and 25-hydroxycholecalciferol on the performance of commercial layers inoculated before or at the onset of lay with F-strain Mycoplasma gallisepticumS W Park
Department of Poultry Science, Mississippi State University, Mississippi State 39762, USA
Poult Sci 89:910-6. 2010..were administered at 12 (before lay) and 22 (early in lay) wk and dietary treatments [basal control diet (BCD), BCD with 0.75% supplemental PF, BCD with 1.50% supplemental PF, and BCD with 1.50% supplemental PF, 0...
- Blood pressure in relation to biomarkers of lead, cadmium, copper, zinc, and selenium in men without occupational exposure to metalsS Telisman
Institute for Medical Research and Occupational Health, Zagreb, Croatia
Environ Res 87:57-68. 2001..BPb), activity of delta-aminolevulinic acid dehydratase (ALAD), erythrocyte protoporphyrin (EP), blood cadmium (BCd), serum copper (SCu), serum zinc (SZn), serum selenium (SSe), hematocrit (Hct), body mass index (BMI), age, smoking ..
- Binding of N-acetylglucosamine oligosaccharides to hen egg-white lysozyme: a powder diffraction studyR B Von Dreele
XPS IPNS Divisions, Argonne National Laboratory, Argonne, IL 60439, USA
Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr 61:22-32. 2005..The NAG2 ligand was found in the BC sites in the cleft of HEWL, NAG3 was found to bind in both the ABC and BCD sites in the ratio 35:65 and NAG4 and NAG5 bound to the ABCD and ABCDE sites, respectively, while NAG6 only bound ..
- Pathology of Hematodinium infections in snow crabs (Chionoecetes opilio) from Newfoundland, CanadaKersten Wheeler
Virginia Institute of Marine Science, The College of William and Mary, School of Marine Science, Gloucester Point, VA 23062, USA
J Invertebr Pathol 95:93-100. 2007Bitter crab disease (BCD) of snow crabs, Chionoecetes opilio, is caused by a parasitic dinoflagellate, Hematodinium sp...
- Expression of Clostridium acetobutylicum butanol synthetic genes in Escherichia coliMasayuki Inui
Research Institute of Innovative Technology for the Earth, Kizugawa, Kyoto, Japan
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 77:1305-16. 2008A recombinant butanol pathway composed of Clostridium acetobutylicum ATCC 824 genes, thiL, hbd, crt, bcd-etfB-etfA, and adhe1 (or adhe) coding for acetyl-CoA acetyltransferase (THL), beta-hydroxybutyryl-CoA dehydrogenase (HBD), 3-..
- Cholesterol is essential for macrophage inflammatory protein 1 beta binding and conformational integrity of CC chemokine receptor 5Dzung H Nguyen
Gerontology Research Center, National Institute on Aging, National Institutes of Health, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Blood 99:4298-306. 2002..We found that cholesterol extraction by hydroxypropyl-beta-cyclodextrin (BCD) significantly reduced the binding and signaling of macrophage inflammatory protein 1 beta (MIP-1 beta) using CCR5-..
- Empty spiracles, a gap gene containing a homeobox involved in Drosophila head developmentU Walldorf
Department of Cell Biology, University of Basel, Switzerland
EMBO J 11:2247-59. 1992..The early expression of the ems gene is controlled by the anterior morphogen bicoid (bcd). Using a gene fusion we identified a cis-acting element which is a target for the bcd gene product...
- Development of a liquid chromatography-based screening methodology for proteolytic enzyme activityNils Helge Schebb
Westfalische Wilhelms Universitat Munster, Institut fur Anorganische und Analytische Chemie, Corrensstrasse 30, 48149 Munster, Germany
J Chromatogr A 1216:4407-15. 2009..detection of the responsible enzymes by means of liquid chromatography hyphenated online to biochemical detection (BCD)...
- Null allele at Bcd-1 locus in BALB/cByJ mice is due to a deletion in the short-chain acyl-CoA dehydrogenase gene and results in missplicing of mRNAM E Hinsdale
Department of Comparative Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Alabama, Birmingham 35294 0019
Genomics 16:605-11. 1993..Both abnormal transcripts have aberrant stop codons. These results demonstrate the molecular basis of SCAD deficiency in this unique mouse model...
- Rapid screening for depression--validation of the Brief Case-Find for Depression (BCD) in medical oncology and palliative care patientsM Jefford
Department of Haematology and Medical Oncology, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, Locked Bag 1, A Beckett Street, Victoria 8006, Australia
Br J Cancer 91:900-6. 2004..Screening can increase case recognition. The Brief Case-Find for Depression (BCD) is a four-question, interviewer-administered instrument that has been previously validated in a general medical ..
- Characterization and transcription of the genes involved in butyrate production in Butyrivibrio fibrisolvens type I and II strainsNarito Asanuma
Department of Life Science, College of Agriculture, Meiji University, Higashimita, Tama ku, Kawasaki 214 8571, Japan
Curr Microbiol 51:91-4. 2005..from acetyl-CoA to butyryl-CoA, thl (thiolase), crt (crotonase), hbd (beta-hydroxybutyryl-CoA dehydrogenase), bcd (butyryl-CoA dehydrogenase), etfB (electron transfer flavoprotein [ETF]-beta), and etfA (ETF-alpha), were found to ..
- Cadmium-related mortality and long-term secular trends in the cadmium body burden of an environmentally exposed populationTim S Nawrot
Studies Coordinating Centre, Division of Hypertension and Cardiovascular Rehabilitation, Department of Cardiovascular Diseases, University of Leuven, Herestraat 49, Leuven, Belgium
Environ Health Perspect 116:1620-8. 2008..Few population studies have reported on the long-term changes in the internal cadmium dose and simultaneously occurring mortality...
- Reconstructing the clostridial n-butanol metabolic pathway in Lactobacillus brevisOksana V Berezina
State Research Institute of Genetics and Selection of Industrial Microorganisms, 1st Dorojniy pr 1, 117545, Moscow, Russian Federation
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 87:635-46. 2010..The genes crt, bcd, etfB, etfA, and hbd, composing the bcs-operon, and the thl gene encode the enzymes of the lower part of the ..
- Epidemiology of bitter crab disease (Hematodinium sp.) in snow crabs Chionoecetes opilio from Newfoundland, CanadaJeffrey D Shields
Virginia Institute of Marine Science, The College of William and Mary, Gloucester Point, Virginia 23062, USA
Dis Aquat Organ 64:253-64. 2005The parasitic dinoflagellate Hematodinium sp. causes a condition known as bitter crab disease (BCD) in snow crabs Chionoecetes opilio and Tanner crabs C. bairdi...
- Epidemiological determinants in outbreaks of bitter crab disease (Hematodinium sp.) in snow crabs Chionoecetes opilio from Conception Bay, Newfoundland, CanadaJeffrey D Shields
Virginia Institute of Marine Science, The College of William and Mary, Gloucester Point, Virginia 23062, USA
Dis Aquat Organ 77:61-72. 2007Bitter crab disease (BCD) is caused by Hematodinium sp., an endoparasitic dinoflagellate. It lives within the hemocoeloms of snow crabs Chionoecetes opilio and Tanner crabs C. bairdi, making them unmarketable due to their bitter flavor...
- Target selectivity of bicoid is dependent on nonconsensus site recognition and protein-protein interactionC Zhao
Division of Developmental Biology, Children s Hospital Research Foundation, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229, USA
Mol Cell Biol 20:8112-23. 2000We describe experiments to compare the activities of two Drosophila homeodomain proteins, Bicoid (Bcd) and an altered-specificity mutant of Fushi tarazu, Ftz(Q50K)...
- Anterior repression of a Drosophila stripe enhancer requires three position-specific mechanismsLuiz Paulo Moura Andrioli
Department of Biology, New York University, 1009 Main Building, 100 Washington Square East, New York 10003 6688, USA
Development 129:4931-40. 2002..The enhancer for eve stripe 2 (eve 2) is directly activated by the morphogens Bicoid (Bcd) and Hunchback (Hb)...
- A comparison of bicarbonate hemodialysis, hemodiafiltration, and acetate-free biofiltration on cytokine productionTerumi Higuchi
Department of Medicine, Division of Nephrology and Endocrinology, Nihon University School of Medicine, Tokyo 170 0032, Japan
Ther Apher Dial 8:460-7. 2004..of this study was to investigate the difference of cytokine production by conventional bicarbonate hemodialysis (BCD), standard HDF and AFB in the same patients...
- Localized maternal orthodenticle patterns anterior and posterior in the long germ wasp NasoniaJeremy A Lynch
Center for Developmental Genetics, NYU Biology, 100 Washington Square East New York, New York 10003, USA
Nature 439:728-32. 2006The Bicoid (Bcd) gradient in Drosophila has long been a model for the action of a morphogen in establishing embryonic polarity. However, it is now clear that bcd is a unique feature of higher Diptera...
- Mutation of Escherichia coli cytosine deaminase significantly enhances molecular chemotherapy of human gliomaS A Kaliberov
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Gene Ther 14:1111-9. 2007..We have developed an Ad vector encoding a mutant bacterial cytosine deaminase (bCD) gene (AdbCD-D314A), which has a higher affinity for cytosine than wild-type bCD (bCDwt)...
- Characterization of a cyclodextrinoligonucleotide complex by capillary electrophoresis using laser-induced fluorescenceJeffrey W Guthrie
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry and School of Public Health, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
J Pharm Pharm Sci 10:246-55. 2007....
- The PucC protein of Rhodobacter capsulatus mitigates an inhibitory effect of light-harvesting 2 alpha and beta proteins on light-harvesting complex 1Paul R Jaschke
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of British Columbia, 2350 Health Sciences Mall, Vancouver, BC, Canada, V6T 1Z3
Photosynth Res 95:279-84. 2008..genes, and homologues in other photosynthetic organisms, have been classified as the bacteriochlorophyll delivery (BCD) family of the major facilitator superfamily...
- DNA ploidy abnormalities in basal and superficial regions of the crypts in Barrett's esophagus and associated neoplastic lesionsXiaoqi Zhang
Departments of Medicine, Veterans Affairs Boston Healthcare System, Harvard Medical School, West Roxbury, MA 02132, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 32:1327-35. 2008..01) from nondysplastic BE to basal crypt dysplasia (BCD), low-grade dysplasia (LGD), high-grade dysplasia (HGD), and adenocarcinoma (AC)...
- Molecular chemotherapy of pancreatic cancer using novel mutant bacterial cytosine deaminase geneLyudmila N Kaliberova
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 1530 3rd Avenue South, WTI 674, Birmingham, AL 35294 6832, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 7:2845-54. 2008..We have developed an adenoviral vector (AdbCD-D314A) encoding a mutant bacterial cytosine deaminase (bCD) gene, which converts the prodrug 5-fluorocytosine (5-FC) into the active drug 5-fluorouracil...
- Bacterial cytosine deaminase mutants created by molecular engineering show improved 5-fluorocytosine-mediated cell killing in vitro and in vivoMichi Fuchita
School of Molecular Biosciences and Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Washington State University, Pullman, Washington 99164 6534, USA
Cancer Res 69:4791-9. 2009..we reported individual point mutations within the substrate binding pocket of bacterial cytosine deaminase (bCD) that result in marginal improvements in the ability to sensitize cells to 5-fluorocytosine (5FC)...
- Bridge to dentistry: one dental school's approach to improving its enrollment of underrepresented minoritiesErnestine S Brooks
Baylor College of Dentistry, Texas A and M University System Health Science Center, Dallas, TX, USA
J Am Coll Dent 69:23-30. 2002..53%. This trend is evident at Baylor College of Dentistry (BCD)...
- Bicoid functions without its TATA-binding protein-associated factor interaction domainsV Schaeffer
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, The Rockefeller University, Box 151, New York, NY 10021 6399, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:4461-6. 1999..The key component of the anterior system is the homeodomain protein Bicoid (Bcd)...
- Bifunctional chimeric SuperCD suicide gene -YCD: YUPRT fusion is highly effective in a rat hepatoma modelFlorian Graepler
Department of Internal Medicine I, Medical University Clinic Tubingen, Germany
World J Gastroenterol 11:6910-9. 2005..To investigate the effects of catalytically superior gene-directed enzyme prodrug therapy systems on a rat hepatoma model...
- [Stricture recanalisation of the distal urether with various endoprothesis]A Mladenovic
Centar za radiologiju, Odeljenje KCS, Beograd
Acta Chir Iugosl 57:61-4. 2010..of continous development of the new generation methods percutaneous nephrostomy (PCN), ballon catheter dilatation (BCD), methal and covered stent application...
- Enzyme amplification as detection tool in continuous-flow systems. I. Development of an enzyme-amplified biochemical detection system coupled on-line to flow-injection analysisM R van Bommel
Division of Analytical Chemistry, Leiden/Amsterdam Center of Drug Research, Leiden University, The Netherlands
J Chromatogr A 855:383-96. 1999The on-line coupling of flow-injection analysis (FIA) to an enzyme-amplified biochemical detection (EA-BCD) system is described...
- The genome of Clostridium kluyveri, a strict anaerobe with unique metabolic featuresHenning Seedorf
Max Planck Institute for Terrestrial Microbiology, 35043 Marburg, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:2128-33. 2008..energy-converting NADH:ferredoxin oxidoreductase (RnfCDGEAB) and a cytoplasmic butyryl-CoA dehydrogenase complex (Bcd/EtfAB) coupling the reduction of crotonyl-CoA to butyryl-CoA with the reduction of ferredoxin represent a new ..
- Blood and urine cadmium, blood pressure, and hypertension: a systematic review and meta-analysisCarolyn M Gallagher
Doctoral Program in Population Health and Clinical Outcomes Research, Stony Brook University Medical Center, Stony Brook, New York, USA
Environ Health Perspect 118:1676-84. 2010..Cadmium exposure has been inconsistently related to blood pressure...
- Blepharo-cheilo-dontic (BCD) syndrome: case reportAkihiko Iida
Division of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Niigata University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, 2 5274 Gakkocho dori, Niigata 951 8514, Japan
Cleft Palate Craniofac J 43:237-43. 2006To report a case of blepharo-cheilo-dontic (BCD) syndrome, to compare with the previous cases, and to discuss the possible treatment.
- Imperforate anus is a rare associated finding in blepharocheilodontic syndromeK Nicole Weaver
University of Alabama School of Medicine, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
Am J Med Genet A 152:438-40. 2010Blepharocheilodontic (BCD) syndrome is a rare autosomal-dominant condition that is characterized by lower eyelid ectropion, upper eyelid distichiasis, euryblepharon, bilateral cleft lip and palate, and conical teeth...
- Nanoplex delivery of siRNA and prodrug enzyme for multimodality image-guided molecular pathway targeted cancer therapyCong Li
JHU ICMIC Program, The Russell H Morgan Department of Radiology and Radiological Science, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, United States
ACS Nano 4:6707-16. 2010..up-regulated in aggressive breast cancer cells, was combined with the prodrug enzyme bacterial cytosine deaminase (bCD) that converts the nontoxic prodrug 5-fluorocytosine (5-FC) to cytotoxic 5-fluorouracil (5-FU)...
- Multiple steps in the localization of bicoid RNA to the anterior pole of the Drosophila oocyteD St Johnston
Max Planck Institut fur Entwicklungsbiologie, Abteilung Genetik, Tubingen, FRG
Development 107:13-9. 1989The anterior region of the Drosophila embryonic pattern is determined by a gradient of the bicoid (bcd) protein. The correct formation of this gradient requires the localization of bcd RNA to the anterior pole of the egg...
- Enhancer sequences influence the role of the amino-terminal domain of bicoid in transcriptionDechen Fu
Graduate Program in Molecular and Developmental Biology, Division of Developmental Biology, Children s Hospital Research Foundation, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229, USA
Mol Cell Biol 23:4439-48. 2003Bicoid (Bcd) is a Drosophila melanogaster morphogenetic gradient that controls embryonic patterning by activating target gene expression in a concentration-dependent manner...
- Identification of a new C28H14 polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon as a product of supercritical fuel pyrolysis: Tribenzo[cd,ghi,lm]peryleneJennifer W McClaine
Department of Chemical Engineering, Louisiana State University, South Stadium Drive, Baton Rouge, LA 70803, USA
J Chromatogr A 1138:175-83. 2007..phenanthro[5,4,3,2-efghi]perylene, benzo[cd]naphtho[3,2,1,8-pqra]perylene, and benzo[pqr]naphtho[8,1,2-bcd]perylene--have already been identified as supercritical pyrolysis products by matching their UV spectra with those ..
- Organic substrate quality as the link between bacterioplankton carbon demand and growth efficiency in a temperate salt-marsh estuaryJude K Apple
Horn Point Laboratory, University of Maryland Center for Environmental Science, Cambridge, MD, USA
ISME J 1:729-42. 2007..Studies of bacterioplankton carbon demand (BCD) and growth efficiency (BGE) frequently report higher values in more productive systems, suggesting these aspects ..
- Spatial bistability generates hunchback expression sharpness in the Drosophila embryoFrancisco J P Lopes
Department of Applied Mathematics, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, New York, United States of America
PLoS Comput Biol 4:e1000184. 2008..the hunchback (hb) gene at midembryo, in response to local concentrations of the smooth anterior-posterior Bicoid (Bcd) gradient...
- Effects of cadmium on forearm bone density after reduction of exposure for 10 years in a Chinese populationXiao Chen
Institute of Radiation Medicine, Fudan University, 200032, Shanghai, China
Environ Int 35:1164-8. 2009..Samples of urine and blood were collected for determination of cadmium in urine (UCd) and blood (BCd)...
- Enhanced immune response to pneumococcal infection in malnourished mice nasally treated with heat-killed Lactobacillus caseiJulio Villena
Reference Center for Lactobacilli CERELA CONICET, Tucuman, Argentina
Microbiol Immunol 53:636-46. 2009..Weaned mice were malnourished after consuming a PFD for 21 days. Malnourished mice were fed a BCD for 7 days or BCD for 7 days with viable or non-viable L...
- Spectral OCT analysis in Bietti crystalline dystrophyDavid Gaucher
Service d Ophtalmologie du Nouvel Hopital Civil, Hopitaux Universitaires de Strasbourg, Strasbourg Cedex France
Eur J Ophthalmol 20:612-4. 2010To report the analysis of the cornea and the macular retina using both time domain (TD-OCT) and Fourier domain optical coherence tomography (FD-OCT) in a case of Bietti crystalline dystrophy (BCD).
- Fracture of bony lamellae within the frontal recess after balloon catheter dilatationAyesha N Khalid
Division of Rhinology, Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon, USA
Am J Rhinol Allergy 24:55-9. 2010The precise manner in which balloon catheter dilatation (BCD) alters the dimensions of the frontal recess and frontal sinus outflow tract is not well characterized...
- The eve stripe 2 enhancer employs multiple modes of transcriptional synergyD N Arnosti
Department of Biology, UCSD, La Jolla 92093 0347, USA
Development 122:205-14. 1996..The bicoid (bcd) regulatory gradient triggers the expression of hunchback (hb); these work synergistically to activate the stripe ..
- Neither the homeodomain nor the activation domain of Bicoid is specifically required for its down-regulation by the Torso receptor tyrosine kinase cascadeY Bellaiche
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, The Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Development 122:3499-508. 1996Bicoid (Bcd) is a maternal morphogen responsible for patterning the head and thorax of the Drosophila embryo...
- Inhibition of expression of P-selectin by antioxidant in cholesterol-fed ratsC S Lee
Department of Pathology, Chungnam National University College of Medicine, Taejon, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 14:8-14. 1999..5% cholesterol and 0.1% sodium cholate (CD), or the CD diet containing 0.5% BHT (BCD). Rats were sacrificed after 3 days, and after 1, 2, 4, 10, and 17 weeks of dietary treatment...
- Blepharo-cheilo-dontic (BCD) syndrome in two Mexican patientsM H Valdéz-de la Torre
Departamento de Genetica, Hospital General Dr Manuel Gea Gonzalez, Mexico City, Mexico
Am J Med Genet 85:157-9. 1999..eyelids, distichiasis, euryblepharon, cleft lip/palate, and oligodontia was recently named blepharo-cheilo-dontic (BCD) syndrome. Different combinations of these signs have been found sporadically, with autosomal dominant inheritance...
- Lead effect on blood pressure in moderately lead-exposed male workersSpomenka Telisman
Department of Occupational and Environmental Health, Institute for Medical Research and Occupational Health, Zagreb, Croatia
Am J Ind Med 45:446-54. 2004..The effect of lead (Pb) and potential confounding variables on blood pressure was examined in healthy male industrial workers 20-43 years of age...
- The co-activator CREB-binding protein participates in enhancer-dependent activities of bicoidDechen Fu
Division of Developmental Biology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Research Foundation, Graduate Program in Molecular and Developmental Biology, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229, USA
J Biol Chem 279:48725-33. 2004Bicoid (Bcd) is a transcriptional activator required for early embryonic patterning in Drosophila...
- Maternal expression relaxes constraint on innovation of the anterior determinant, bicoidMichael S Barker
Department of Biology, Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana, United States of America
PLoS Genet 1:e57. 2005..patterning during embryogenesis is a major developmental innovation and the rapidly evolving Hox gene, bicoid (bcd), plays a critical role...
- The endogenous immune response modulates the course of IgA-immune complex mediated nephropathyT K Chao
Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
Kidney Int 70:283-97. 2006..play, we have developed a passive model with exclusive IgA-immune complex-mediated nephropathy in B-cell-deficient (BCD) mice...
- Expression and regulation of caudal in the lower cyclorrhaphan fly MegaseliaMichael Stauber
Max Planck Institut fur biophysikalische Chemie, Abt Molekulare Entwicklungsbiologie, Am Fassberg 11, 37077, Gottingen, Germany
Dev Genes Evol 218:81-7. 2008..The CAD gradient is complementary to and dependent on the anterior pattern organizer Bicoid (BCD), which represses the translation of ubiquitous maternal cad transcripts in the anterior embryo through a direct ..
- Urceolatin, a structurally unique bromophenol from Polysiphonia urceolataKe Li
Key Laboratory of Experimental Marine Biology, Institute of Oceanology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Nanhai Road 7, Qingdao 266071, PR China
Org Lett 10:1429-32. 20086-Bromo-1-(3-bromo-4,5-dihydroxybenzyl)phenanthro[4,5-bcd]furan-2,3,5-triol (urceolatin, 1), a highly oxygenated bromophenol containing an unprecedented naturally occurring benzylphenanthro[4,5-bcd]furan unit, was isolated from the ..
- Novel CYP4V2 gene mutation in a Mexican patient with Bietti's crystalline corneoretinal dystrophyJuan C Zenteno
Department of Genetics and Research Unit, Institute of Ophthalmology Conde de Valenciana, Mexico City, Mexico
Curr Eye Res 33:313-8. 2008..To report the clinical and genetic analysis of a Mexican female patient with a sporadic Bietti's crystalline corneoretinal dystrophy...
- Conjugation of poly-L-lysine to bacterial cytosine deaminase improves the efficacy of enzyme/prodrug cancer therapyCong Li
JHU ICMIC Program, The Russell H Morgan Department of Radiology and Radiological Science, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
J Med Chem 51:3572-82. 2008We previously observed that bacterial cytosine deaminase (bCD) conjugated with multimodal imaging reporter labeled poly-L-lysine (PLL) demonstrated high therapeutic efficacy in an enzyme/prodrug cancer therapeutic strategy...
- [Construction of HBD-3 gene mammary-specific expression vector and eukaryotic expression]Wei Peng
Institute of Biotechnology, College of Animal Veterinary Medicine, Northwest Agiculture and Forestry University, Yangling 712100, China
Sheng Wu Gong Cheng Xue Bao 25:968-74. 2009..Then we moved the combined fragment BCD (including 5' and 3' regulating region of beta-casein and hBD) into the corresponding site of the plasmid pEGFP-C1...
- Structure and binding of peptide-dendrimer ligands to vitamin B12Nicolas A Uhlich
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Bern, Freiestrasse 3, 3012 Bern, Switzerland
Chembiochem 11:358-65. 2010..Substituting glutamates (E) for glutamines (Q) in the outer branches of B1 to form N3 (AcQS)8(BQA)4(B-Amb-Y)(2)BCD-NH2 leads to stronger (K(a)=12.0 x 10(6) M(-1)) but slower (k(2)=67 M(-1) s(-1)) cobalamin binding...
- A novel, versatile D-->BCD steroid construction strategy, illustrated by the enantioselective total synthesis of estroneVincent Foucher
University of Southampton, School of Chemistry, Highfield, Southampton SO17 1BJ, United Kingdom
Org Lett 12:680-3. 2010..The method is illustrated by the total synthesis of estrone via a C-ring closing metathesis and a B-ring Heck cyclization...
- MAPK substrate competition integrates patterning signals in the Drosophila embryoYoosik Kim
Department of Chemical Engineering and Lewis Sigler Institute for Integrative Genomics, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ 08544, USA
Curr Biol 20:446-51. 2010..We establish that downregulation of Cic is antagonized by the anterior patterning morphogen Bicoid (Bcd)...
- Air-handling capabilities of blood cardioplegia delivery systems in a simulated pediatric modelDavid Palanzo
Heart and Vascular Institute, Penn State Hershey College of Medicine, Penn State Hershey Children s Hospital Hershey, PA 17033 0850, USA
Artif Organs 34:950-4. 2010..following cardioplegia delivery systems: GISH Vision, Maquet Plegiox, Medtronic Trillium MYOtherm XP, Sorin Group BCD Vanguard, Sorin Group CSC14, and Terumo Sarns Conducer and Bubble Trap. The 0.25-in...
- Assignment and stereocontrol of hibarimicin atropoisomersIan M Romaine
Department of Chemistry, Vanderbilt Institute of Chemical Biology, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee 37235, USA
Org Lett 13:4538-41. 2011..From these atropoenantiomers the BCD-EFG ring system of HMP-Y6 is constructed [(+)-aR-7]...
- A Novel Compound Heterozygous Mutation in the CYP4V2 Gene in a Japanese Patient with Bietti's Crystalline Corneoretinal DystrophyYumiko Yokoi
Department of Ophthalmology, Hirosaki University Graduate School of Medicine, Hirosaki, Aomori, Japan
Case Report Ophthalmol 2:296-301. 2011..Methods: Using direct sequencing, mutation screening was performed in the CYP4V2 gene of both the patient with BCD and her daughter...
- Contribution of monaural and binaural cues to sound localization in listeners with acquired unilateral conductive hearing loss: improved directional hearing with a bone-conduction deviceMartijn J H Agterberg
Department of Biophysics, Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behaviour, Radboud University Nijmegen, P O Box 9101, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Hear Res 286:9-18. 2012..These conditions were tested while a bone-conduction device (BCD), fitted to all UCHL listeners in order to provide hearing from the impaired side, was turned off...
- Evidence-based practice: balloon catheter dilation in rhinologyPete S Batra
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Comprehensive Skull Base Program, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Otolaryngol Clin North Am 45:993-1004. 2012Balloon catheter dilation (BCD) is a treatment paradigm for surgical management of paranasal sinus inflammatory disease. There are few robust clinical trials evaluating the efficacy of balloon technology in chronic rhinosinusitis (CRS)...
- Use of a human-like low-grade bacteremia model of experimental endocarditis to study the role of Staphylococcus aureus adhesins and platelet aggregation in early endocarditisTiago Rafael Veloso
Department of Fundamental Microbiology, University of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
Infect Immun 81:697-703. 2013..lactis strain expressing an individual S. aureus surface protein (ClfA, FnbpA, BCD, or SdrE) conferring a particular adhesive or platelet aggregation property...
- Balance and randomness in sequential clinical trials: the dominant biased coin designAlessandro Baldi Antognini
Department of Statistical Sciences, University of Bologna, Via Belle Arti 41, Bologna, Italy
Pharm Stat 13:119-27. 2014Efron's biased coin design (BCD) is a well-known randomization technique that helps neutralize selection bias, while keeping the experiment fairly balanced for every sample size...
- [First audiological results of the concha-worn bone conduction instrument C.A.I. BC811]T Giere
Klinik fur Hals, Nasen und Ohrenheilkunde, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, Carl Neuberg Str 1, 30625, Hannover, Deutschland
HNO 63:50-5. 2015Diverse forms of bone conduction devices (BCD; percutaneous or transcutaneous) provide successful and well-established therapies for conductional hearing loss (CHL)...
- Redifferentiation of adult human β cells expanded in vitro by inhibition of the WNT pathwayAyelet Lenz
Department of Human Molecular Genetics and Biochemistry, Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
PLoS ONE 9:e112914. 2014..Using a lineage tracing approach we have demonstrated that β-cell-derived (BCD) cells rapidly dedifferentiate in culture and can proliferate for up to 16 population doublings...
- Regulation of the formin Cappuccino is critical for polarity of Drosophila oocytesBatbileg Bor
Molecular Biology Interdepartmental PhD Program, University of California, Los Angeles, California, 90095 1570
Cytoskeleton (Hoboken) 72:1-15. 2015..organization and cytoplasmic streaming are crucial for localization of polarity determinants such as osk, grk, bcd, and nanos mRNAs. Capu mutants disrupt these events, leading to female sterility...
- Reduction of ferredoxin or oxygen by flavin-based electron bifurcation in Megasphaera elsdeniiNilanjan P Chowdhury
Laboratorium für Mikrobiologie, Fachbereich Biologie and SYNMIKRO, Philipps Universitat, Marburg, Germany
FEBS J 282:3149-60. 2015..bifurcation in which the exergonic reduction of crotonyl-CoA by NADH mediated by Etf + butyryl-CoA dehydrogenase (Bcd) was coupled to the endergonic reduction of ferredoxin also by NADH...
- Low oxygen tension reveals distinct HOX codes in human cord blood-derived stromal cells associated with specific endochondral ossification capacities in vitro and in vivoStefanie Liedtke
Institute of Transplantation Diagnostics and Cell Therapeutics, Heinrich Heine University Medical Centre, Dusseldorf, Germany
J Tissue Eng Regen Med . 2016..CB-MSCsABCD ); and subpopulations missing a single cluster (CB-MSCsACD and CB-MSCsBCD )...
- Comparative analysis of protective effects of curcumin, curcumin-β-cyclodextrin nanoparticle and nanoliposomal curcumin on unsymmetrical dimethyl hydrazine poisoning in miceWei Li
a Hubei Cooperative Innovation Center for Industrial Fermentation, Research Center of Food Fermentation Engineering and Technology of Hubei, Hubei University of Technology, Wuhan, PR China
Bioengineered 7:334-341. 2016..of this study was to compare the protective effects of curcumin, curcumin-β-cyclodextrin nanoparticle curcumin (BCD-CUR) and nanoliposomal curcumin (NLC) on unsymmetrical dimethylhydrazine (UDMH) induced poison in mice...
- Stephen J Small; Fiscal Year: 2016..These enhancers all contain clusters of binding sites for a single transcription factor, Bicoid (Bcd), which is expressed in a long-range gradient in the very early embryo...
- Translational repressors in Drosophila developmentRobin P Wharton; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our experiments suggest that the NRE may mediate regulation of bcd mRNA during post- embryonic development, a hypothesis that will be tested in this proposal...
- Engineering enzymes for anti-tumor suicide gene therapyBarry L Stoddard; Fiscal Year: 2010..a set of revised specific aims for this project as follows: (1) We will determine whether optimization of yCD or bCD leads to significant therapeutic efficacy gains via recognizable mechanisms of increased enzyme expression and/or ..
- EVC2: A novel modulator in tooth developmentYoshiyuki Mochida; Fiscal Year: 2013..A causative gene, LIMBIN for bovine chondrodysplastic dwarfism (bcd) found in Japanese brown cattle was later identified as the bovine ortholog of EVC2, indicating the significance of ..
- In Vivo Evaluation of PresbyopiaKathryn Richdale; Fiscal Year: 2013The goals of this BCD award are to: 1) train Kathryn Richdale, OD MS as an interdisciplinary clinician- scientist and 2) further elucidate the structural and mechanical changes associated with presbyopia...
- Dual Action Inhibitors of Gyrase Beta and Histidine Kinases as Broad-Spectrum AntPeter B Madrid; Fiscal Year: 2010..potential structural similarities of the adenine-binding pockets of these proteins, we hypothesize that a 0)_ BCD [unreadable]-o 0)+, 0>-0 (<D ?cam p.' E; T-- <.-n[unreadable] _0:N O'[unreadable] >.Q -a...
- Jun Ma; Fiscal Year: 2015..The Drosophila morphogen gradient of Bicoid (Bcd) instructs anterior- posterior (AP) patterning by directly activating its downstream target genes in a ..
- Baylor's Scientific Training Program for Dental Academic Researchers: B-STARSRENA N D'SOUZA; Fiscal Year: 2012..B-STARS draw from the expanding scientific, intellectual and physical resources at Baylor College of Dentistry (BCD)...
- Baylor's Program for Bioengineering Sciences and Translational Research "B-BEST"RENA N D apos SOUZA; Fiscal Year: 2010..Their skills will complement and add to existing strengths of BCD's Department of Biomedical Sciences (BMS), whose faculty engage in clinically-relevant, translational research ..
- Mechanisms of Response and Relapse in Rituximab-treated Myositis PatientsChester V Oddis; Fiscal Year: 2013..One of the more novel treatments for myositis as well as other autoimmune diseases is B cell depletion (BCD) therapy with a biologic agent, rituximab...
- Leica SP5 Confocal MicroscopeKATHY KAY SVOBODA; Fiscal Year: 2010..funds for a Leica TCS SP5 MP Fixed stage (UV- VIS-IR) confocal microscope for the Baylor College of Dentistry (BCD) light microscopy core facility...
- MOLECULAR BIOLOGY OF MORPHOGEN LOCALIZATION IN EMBRYOSPaul MacDonald; Fiscal Year: 2006..The example studied here, localization of bicoid (bcd) mRNA in the Drosophila oocyte and embryo, is essential for embryonic body patterning...
- Improved Suicide Gene Therapy for Hepatic CancersWilliam Ensminger; Fiscal Year: 2005..compared to the previously utilized bacterial (b) CD (Aim 1) and, thus will work at FC levels lower than the bCD in gut bacteria (for lowered systemic toxicity)...
- Translating Dental Student Tobacco Education to PracticeKATHLEEN RANKIN; Fiscal Year: 2007..and integrated into appropriate courses throughout the 4-year dental curriculum at Baylor College of Dentistry (BCD). Full integration of the Rx for Change core curriculum will occur over a period of 3 years...
- Individual Predoctoral Dental Scientist FellowshipHoa Nguyen; Fiscal Year: 2009..proposes a graduate educational program at Baylor College of Dentistry, Texas A&M University System (BCD) for Mr. Hoa Nguyen...
- DENDRITIC CELLS & ACTINOBACILLUS ACTINOMYCETEMCOMITANSPaul Ezzo; Fiscal Year: 2004..The research environment established at Baylor College of Dentistry (BCD) by Dr. Christopher Cutler, in collaboration with Dr...
- SCREENING QUALITY OF CARE USING ADMINISTRATIVE DATALisa Iezzoni; Fiscal Year: 1991..for patients' a priori risks of poor outcomes and complications related to the burden of chronic disease (BCD)...
- Individual Predoctoral Dental Scientist FellowshipERIC HARRINGTON; Fiscal Year: 2005..proposes a five year educational program at Baylor College of Dentistry, Texas A and M University System (BCD) for Mr. David Erik Kern. This program will combine Ph.D...
- EDENTULATION AND MECHANICS OF THE CRANIOFACIAL SKELETONJill Peterson; Fiscal Year: 2001..proposes a five year educational program at Baylor College of Dentistry, Texas A and M University System (BCD) for Dr. Jill Peterson. This program will combine Ph.D...
- Research Infrastructure Improvement Planning AwardDavid Carlson; Fiscal Year: 2003..a formal strategic planning process for improvement of the research infrastructure at Baylor College of Dentistry (BCD)...
- Dynamics, scaling, and precision of morphogen gradients in the Drosophila embryoWilliam Bialek; Fiscal Year: 2009..dynamics of the formation and stabilization of the Bed gradient will be measured in living embryos expressing eGFP-Bcd. Image sequences from time-lapse two photon microscopy will be used, together with photobleaching methods and ..
- Individual Predoctoral Dental Scientist FellowshipJOSEPH RAWLINS; Fiscal Year: 2006..provided by applicant): This application proposes a graduate educational program at Baylor College of Dentistry (BCD), Texas A&M University System for Mr. Joseph T. Rawlins...
- BCD Research Infrastructure Enhancement ProgramDavid Carlson; Fiscal Year: 2005..the Infrastructure Improvement Grant is to strengthen the research infrastructure of Baylor College of Dentistry (BCD) by recruiting and developing outstanding faculty in tenure track positions and by developing the core ..
- Bioassays Capable of Detecting Single MoleculesSTEVEN OLDENBURG; Fiscal Year: 2002..Additional products will be developed for the detection of low levels of toxic agents (BCD), monitoring environmental contaminants, and measurement of illegal drug levels...
- METHODOLOGY FOR THE SYNTHESIS OF NITROGEN HETEROCYCLESPhilip Magnus; Fiscal Year: 2007..The synthetic intermediates, particularly as they more closely resemble the natural products, will be screened to assess biological activity. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Child & Family Disaster Research Training & EducationBetty Pfefferbaum; Fiscal Year: 2008..6) To design a modular, multidisciplinary research-training curriculum on child and family disaster mental health incorporating modern principles of public mental health and a scientifically informed developmental psychopathology model. ..
- The Development of An Eating Laboratory for Overweight AdolescentsB Walsh; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- PSYCHOBIOLOGY OF EATING BEHAVIOR IN EATING DISORDERSB Walsh; Fiscal Year: 2008..Additional experiments will examine whether excitatory controls of eating, as reflected by sham feeding (i.e., consumption of non-caloric food) and by cue reactivity, are increased in patients with BN and BED. ..
- IMPROVEMENT OF PREVENTIVE AND RESTORATIVE MATERIALSRAFAEL BOWEN; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- NMR systems : 2 Bruker Avance 500 ConsolesAMOS SMITH; Fiscal Year: 2006..The areas of public health research include, among others, cancer, infectious diseases, neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer's disease, and heart and cardiovascular disease. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- SYNTHESIS OF SPONGISTATIN ANTITUMOR AGENTSAMOS SMITH; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Translational Research on Eating DisordersB Walsh; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Regulation of Mandibular Condylar Cartialage GrowthRobert Hinton; Fiscal Year: 2006..If the perichondrial cells in MCC share regulatory features with cells in SUT rather than in SOS, this assumption is not only erroneous but may lead to inappropriate treatment strategies. ..
- Mini spindles and microtubule function in DrosophilaNANCY POKRYWKA; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- FLUOXETINE AFTER WEIGHT RESTORATION IN ANOREXIA NERVOSAB Walsh; Fiscal Year: 2004..Outcome will be assessed on the basis of maintenance of weight and reduction in psychopathological symptoms characteristic of AN. ..
- SYNTHESIS OF THE TEDANOLIDES, CYTOTOXIC POLYPROPIONATESMichael Jung; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- SYNTHESIS OF DIAZONAMIDESPhilip Magnus; Fiscal Year: 2004..Part of the synthetic studies will involve the generation of persistent radical intermediates that should add to pi-deficient heterocycles and form the key central hindered bond present in the diazonamides. ..
- Design and Synthesis of HIV-1 Protease InhibitorsAMOS SMITH; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Synthesis of Tumor Inhibitory Marine Natural ProductsJames Marshall; Fiscal Year: 2004..The main chemical issues to be addressed include the control of stereochemistry by means of chiral organometal chemistry and the design of new and efficient routes to structurally novel natural products. ..
- Mechanisms of Swallow protein function in DrosophilaNANCY POKRYWKA; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- SYNTHESIS OF CHLOROPEPTINS, GP120 CD4 BINDING INHIBITORSAMOS SMITH; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- SYNTHESIS OF ANNONACEOUS ACETOGENINS AND ANALOGUESJames Marshall; Fiscal Year: 2001..The synthetic approach will employ chiral allylic and allenic organometal reagents to introduce stereogenic centers with concurrent formation of carbon-carbon bonds. ..