Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CYP3A5
Description: cytochrome P450 family 3 subfamily A member 5
Alias: CP35, CYPIIIA5, P450PCN3, PCN3, cytochrome P450 3A5, aryl hydrocarbon hydroxylase, cytochrome P450 HLp2, cytochrome P450, family 3, subfamily A, polypeptide 5, cytochrome P450, subfamily IIIA (niphedipine oxidase), polypeptide 5, cytochrome P450-PCN3, flavoprotein-linked monooxygenase, microsomal monooxygenase, xenobiotic monooxygenase
Publications256 found, 100 shown here
- Influence of cytochrome P450 3A5 (CYP3A5) genetic polymorphism on the pharmacokinetics of the prolonged-release, once-daily formulation of tacrolimus in stable renal transplant recipientsFrancois Glowacki
Equipe d accueil 4483, Faculte de Medecine, Pole Recherche, Lille, France
Clin Pharmacokinet 50:451-9. 2011..The objective of this study was to investigate the influence of the genetic polymorphism of CYP3A5 on the pharmacokinetics of a new modified-release, once-daily formulation of tacrolimus (Advagraf®) after a ..
- [Genetic polymorphism of the metabolism of drugs used in cardiac diseases]C Funck-Brentano
, , Paris
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 84:1353-9. 1991..The pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic consequences of the two main genetic polymorphisms concerning drugs used in cardiology are discussed: the polymorphism of N acetylation and that of cytochrome P-450 IID6...
- Influence of host genetic factors on efavirenz plasma and intracellular pharmacokinetics in HIV-1-infected patientsLaure Elens
Louvain Centre for Toxicology and applied Pharmacology, Universite Catholique de Louvain, 53 02, avenue E Mounier, 1200 Bruxelles, Belgium
Pharmacogenomics 11:1223-34. 2010..Previous studies have identified some possible genetic determinants of the variability in plasma concentrations. However, their impact on EFV intracellular pharmacokinetics remains mostly unexplored...
- Variation in oral clearance of saquinavir is predicted by CYP3A5*1 genotype but not by enterocyte content of cytochrome P450 3A5Stéphane J Mouly
General Clinical Research Center, School of Pharmacy, and Department of Biostatistics, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 78:605-18. 2005..The polymorphic CYP3A5 has also been shown to influence the saquinavir metabolite/parent urinary ratio, suggesting a role for CYP3A5.
- Lack of tacrolimus circadian pharmacokinetics and CYP3A5 pharmacogenetics in the early and maintenance stages in Japanese renal transplant recipientsShigeru Satoh
Department of Urology, Akita University School of Medicine, Hondo, Akita, Japan
Br J Clin Pharmacol 66:207-14. 2008We investigated whether tacrolimus pharmacokinetics shows circadian variation and the influence of the CYP3A5 A6986G polymorphism on the pharmacokinetics in both the early and maintenance stages after renal transplantation.
- Differential impact of the CYP3A5*1 and CYP3A5*3 alleles on pre-dose concentrations of two tacrolimus formulationsMarkus Wehland
Medizinische Klinik mit Schwerpunkt Nephrologie, Charite Universitatsmedizin, Berlin, Germany
Pharmacogenet Genomics 21:179-84. 2011..We investigated the pharmacokinetic and pharmacogenetic implications of conversion from a twice-daily (P-Tac) to a once-daily (A-Tac) tacrolimus (Tac) formulation...
- CYP3A5 *1 allele: impacts on early acute rejection and graft function in tacrolimus-based renal transplant recipientsSang Il Min
Department of Surgery, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Transplantation 90:1394-400. 2010....
- Population pharmacokinetics of cyclosporine in kidney and heart transplant recipients and the influence of ethnicity and genetic polymorphisms in the MDR-1, CYP3A4, and CYP3A5 genesDennis A Hesselink
Department of Internal Medicine, Renal Transplant Unit, Erasmus Medical Center, 3015 GE Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Clin Pharmacol Ther 76:545-56. 2004..was to determine the relationship between single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in the multidrug resistance 1 (MDR-1) gene and the cytochrome P450 (CYP) genes CYP3A4 and CYP3A5 and the pharmacokinetics of cyclosporine (INN, ciclosporin).
- CYP3A5*1/*3 genotype influences the blood concentration of tacrolimus in response to metabolic inhibition by ketoconazoleNirupama Chandel
Department of Nephrology, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, India
Pharmacogenet Genomics 19:458-63. 2009..Enzyme activity is determined by a single nucleotide polymorphism (*1/*3) in the CYP3A5 gene.
- Influence of CYP3A4, CYP3A5 and MDR-1 polymorphisms on tacrolimus pharmacokinetics and early renal dysfunction in liver transplant recipientsYunying Shi
Department of Nephrology, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, People s Republic of China
Gene 512:226-31. 2013....
- Multi-drug resistance gene-1 (MDR-1) haplotypes and the CYP3A5*1 genotype have no influence on ciclosporin dose requirements as assessed by C0 or C2 measurementsSalim Fredericks
Analytical Unit, Cardiac and Vascular Science, St George s University of London, London, UK
Clin Transplant 21:252-7. 2007..MDR-1 genotypes of SNPs C1236T, G2677T/A and C3435T, as well as haplotypes C-G-C and T-T-T and CYP3A5*1 genotype (predictive of CYP3A5 expression), were related to ciclosporin blood concentrations measured at both 0 ..
- Hepatic metabolism and transporter gene variants enhance response to rosuvastatin in patients with acute myocardial infarction: the GEOSTAT-1 StudyKristian M Bailey
Division of Cardiovascular and Diabetes Research, Multidisciplinary Cardiovascular Research Centre, Leeds Institute of Genetics, Health and Therapeutics, University of Leeds, Leeds, United Kingdom
Circ Cardiovasc Genet 3:276-85. 2010..Pharmacogenetics aims to maximize benefits and minimize risks of drug treatment. Our objectives were to examine the influence of common variants of hepatic metabolism and transporter genes on the lipid-lowering response to statin therapy...
- Impact of CYP3A5 and MDR1(ABCB1) C3435T polymorphisms on the pharmacokinetics of tacrolimus in renal transplant recipientsH Tada
Department of Pharmaceutical Science, Akita University School of Medicine, Hondo, Akita, Japan
Transplant Proc 37:1730-2. 2005The objective of this study was to assess the influence of CYP3A5 and MDR1 genetic polymorphisms on tacrolimus pharmacokinetics in Japanese renal transplant recipients.
- Pharmacogenetics-based population pharmacokinetic analysis of efavirenz in HIV-1-infected individualsM Arab-Alameddine
Division of Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, University Hospital Center, University of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
Clin Pharmacol Ther 85:485-94. 2009..Therefore, dosage adjustment in accordance with the type of polymorphism (CYP2B6, CYP2A6, or CYP3A4) is required in order to maintain EFV within the therapeutic target levels...
- Tacrolimus dosing in adult lung transplant patients is related to cytochrome P4503A5 gene polymorphismHongXia Zheng
School of Pharmacy, University of Southern California, 1985 Zonal Avenue, PSC 100, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
J Clin Pharmacol 44:135-40. 2004..A previous study by the authors identified a correlation between the tacrolimus blood level per dose with CYP3A5 and MDR1 gene polymorphisms in pediatric heart transplant patients...
- Synergism between oral estrogen therapy and cytochrome P450 3A5*1 allele on the risk of venous thromboembolism among postmenopausal womenMarianne Canonico
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM Unit 780 U780, Cardiovascular Epidemiology Section, 16 Avenue Paul Vaillant Couturier, Villejuif Cedex, F 94807 France
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 93:3082-7. 2008..This effect may be modulated by the expression of cytochromes P450 3A5 (CYP3A5) and 1A2 (CYP1A2) which are involved in the hepatic metabolism of estrogens.
- CYP3A5 and MDR1 genetic polymorphisms and cyclosporine pharmacokinetics after renal transplantationDany Anglicheau
Unité INSERM UMR S490, Centre Universitaire des Saints Peres, Paris, France
Clin Pharmacol Ther 75:422-33. 2004..We postulated that, in renal transplant recipients, these SNPs could be associated with interindividual variations in cyclosporine pharmacokinetics...
- The effect of CYP3A5 and MDR1 (ABCB1) polymorphisms on cyclosporine and tacrolimus dose requirements and trough blood levels in stable renal transplant patientsVincent Haufroid
Industrial and Environmental Toxicology Unit, Kidney and Pancreas Transplantation Unit, Clinical Chemistry Department, Universite Catholique de Louvain, St Luc Hospital, Brussels, Belgium
Pharmacogenetics 14:147-54. 2004..b>CYP3A5 and P-glycoprotein appear as important determinants of the metabolism of these drugs...
- Tacrolimus pharmacogenetics: the CYP3A5*1 allele predicts low dose-normalized tacrolimus blood concentrations in whites and South AsiansIain A M Macphee
Cellular and Molecular Medicine, Renal Medicine, St George s Hospital Medical School, Cranmer Terrace, London SW17 0RE, UK
Transplantation 79:499-502. 2005..with a single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) in the CYP3AP1 gene, probably through linkage with an SNP in the CYP3A5 gene. Individuals with at least one CYP3A5*1 allele synthesize CYP3A5 and CYP3A5*3/*3 homozygotes do not...
- CYP3A5 genetic polymorphisms in different ethnic populationsJean Nicholas Roy
Laboratoire d Immunogénétique, Centre de recherche du Centre Hospitalier de l Universite de Montreal, Canada
Drug Metab Dispos 33:884-7. 2005b>Cyp3A5 activity varies within any given ethnic population, suggesting that genetic variation within the Cyp3A5 gene may be the most important contributor to interindividual and interracial differences in Cyp3A-dependent drug clearance and ..
- Distribution of cytochrome P450 2C, 2E1, 3A4, and 3A5 in human colon mucosaIna Bergheim
Hohenheim University 140, Dep, Physiology of Nutrition, Stuttgart, Germany
BMC Clin Pharmacol 5:4. 2005..Therefore, expression and protein levels of four representative CYPs (CYP2C(8), CYP2E1, CYP3A4, and CYP3A5) were determined in human colon mucosa biopsies obtained from ascending, descending and sigmoid colon.
- Cyp3A4, Cyp3A5, and MDR-1 genetic influences on tacrolimus pharmacokinetics in renal transplant recipientsJean Nicholas Roy
Laboratoire d Immunogénétique, Centre hospitalier de l Université de Montréal CHUM Hôpital Notre Dame, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Pharmacogenet Genomics 16:659-65. 2006..Cytochrome P450 3A4 (Cyp3A4) and Cyp3A5 are the most important contributors to tacrolimus metabolism while the P-glycoprotein pump (MDR-1) modulates its ..
- Association study of ABCB1 and CYP3A5 gene polymorphisms with sirolimus trough concentration and dose requirements in Chinese renal transplant recipientsLi Yan Miao
Clinical Pharmacology Research Laboratory, The First Affiliated Hospital of Soochow University, Suzhou 215006, China
Biopharm Drug Dispos 29:1-5. 2008..objective of this study was to investigate the possible association of the ABCB1 gene C3435 T polymorphism and the CYP3A5 gene A6986G polymorphism with sirolimus (SRL) trough concentration and dose requirements in Chinese stable renal ..
- Breast cancer treatment outcome with adjuvant tamoxifen relative to patient CYP2D6 and CYP2C19 genotypesWerner Schroth
Dr Margarete Fischer Bosch Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, Auerbachstrasse 112, D 70376 Stuttgart, Germany
J Clin Oncol 25:5187-93. 2007..We investigated the predictive value of genetic variants of CYP2D6, CYP2C19, and three other cytochrome P450 enzymes for tamoxifen treatment outcome...
- Influence of polymorphisms of drug metabolizing enzymes (CYP2B6, CYP2C9, CYP2C19, CYP3A4, CYP3A5, GSTA1, GSTP1, ALDH1A1 and ALDH3A1) on the pharmacokinetics of cyclophosphamide and 4-hydroxycyclophosphamideCorine Ekhart
Department of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, The Netherlands Cancer Institute Slotervaart Hospital, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Pharmacogenet Genomics 18:515-23. 2008..of this study was to evaluate the effects of known allelic variants in the CYP2B6, CYP2C9, CYP2C19, CYP3A4, CYP3A5, GSTA1, GSTP1, ALDH1A1 and ALDH3A1 genes on the pharmacokinetics of the anticancer agent, cyclophosphamide, and ..
- CYP3A7, CYP3A5, CYP3A4, and ABCB1 genetic polymorphisms, cyclosporine concentration, and dose requirement in transplant recipientsSeverine Crettol
Unité de Biochimie et de Psychopharmacologie Clinique, Centre de Neurosciences Psychiatriques, Departement de Psychiatrie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois et Universite de Lausanne, Hôpital de Cery, Prilly Lausanne, Switzerland
Ther Drug Monit 30:689-99. 2008..In particular, CYP3A5 *3/*3 genotype results in the absence of CYP3A5 activity, whereas CYP3A7 *1/*1C genotype results in high CYP3A7 ..
- Impact of intestinal CYP2C19 genotypes on the interaction between tacrolimus and omeprazole, but not lansoprazole, in adult living-donor liver transplant patientsKeiko Hosohata
Department of Pharmacy, Kyoto University Hospital, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
Drug Metab Dispos 37:821-6. 2009..extent of the increase was attenuated by carrying the wild-type allele in the graft liver even when patients were CYP3A5*1 noncarriers...
- Comprehensive pharmacogenetic analysis of irinotecan neutropenia and pharmacokineticsFederico Innocenti
The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:2604-14. 2009..We aim to identify genetic variation, in addition to the UGT1A1*28 polymorphism, that can explain the variability in irinotecan (CPT-11) pharmacokinetics and neutropenia in cancer patients...
- Effect of CYP3A5*3 genotype on serum carbamazepine concentrations at steady-state in Korean epileptic patientsP W Park
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Gil Hospital, Gachon University, Incheon, Korea
J Clin Pharm Ther 34:569-74. 2009Carbamazepine (CBZ) is metabolized mainly by the CYP3A family of enzymes, which includes CYP3A4 and CYP3A5. Several studies have suggested that the CYP3A5*3 genotype influences the pharmacokinetics of CYP3A substrates...
- Association between ABCC2 polymorphism and lopinavir accumulation in peripheral blood mononuclear cells of HIV-infected patientsLaure Elens
Louvain Center for Toxicology and Applied Pharmacology LTAP, Universite Catholique de Louvain, 53 02 Avenue E Mounier, 1200 Bruxelles, Belgium
Pharmacogenomics 10:1589-97. 2009....
- Optimization of initial tacrolimus dose using pharmacogenetic testingE Thervet
Department of Renal Transplantation, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Necker Enfants Malades Hospital, Paris, France
Clin Pharmacol Ther 87:721-6. 2010Retrospective studies have demonstrated that patients who are expressors of cytochrome P4503A5 (CYP3A5) require a higher tacrolimus dose to achieve a therapeutic trough concentration (C(0))...
- The P450 oxidoreductase *28 SNP is associated with low initial tacrolimus exposure and increased dose requirements in CYP3A5-expressing renal recipientsHylke de Jonge
Department of Nephrology and Renal Transplantation, University Hospitals Leuven, Herestraat 49, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Pharmacogenomics 12:1281-91. 2011..Because tacrolimus is metabolized by CYP3A isoenzymes, this SNP might affect tacrolimus pharmacokinetics...
- Effects of CYP3A4 and CYP3A5 polymorphisms on tacrolimus pharmacokinetics in Chinese adult renal transplant recipients: a population pharmacokinetic analysisXiao Cong Zuo
Clinical Pharmacy and Pharmacology Research Institute, The Third Xiangya Hospital of Central South University, Beijing, China
Pharmacogenet Genomics 23:251-61. 2013..The aim of this study was to examine the association between tacrolimus pharmacokinetic variability and CYP3A4 and CYP3A5 genotypes by a population pharmacokinetic analysis based on routine drug monitoring data in adult renal transplant ..
- CYP3A gene expression in human gut epitheliumJ C Kolars
Department of Internal Medicine, Veterans Administration Medical Center, Ann Arbor, MI 48109
Pharmacogenetics 4:247-59. 1994..To determine whether CYP3A4 or the related enzymes CYP3A3, CYP3A5, and CYP3A7 are present in other regions of the digestive tract, we used CYP3A-specific antibodies to examine ..
- Detection of CYP3A5 allelic variant: a candidate for the polymorphic expression of the protein?Y Jounaidi
INSERM U CNRS, Montpellier, France
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 221:466-70. 1996In liver samples from 19 Caucasian subjects, the CYP3A5 protein was detected in 74% of individuals (14/19), while the messenger was shown to be expressed in 100% of individuals, assessed by the RT-PCR method...
- Human prostate CYP3A5: identification of a unique 5'-untranslated sequence and characterization of purified recombinant proteinY Yamakoshi
Department of Urology, Osaka City University Medical School, Osaka, 545 8585, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 260:676-81. 1999We have isolated a cDNA clone coding for CYP3A5 from a human prostate cDNA library. The human prostate CYP3A5 cDNA had a unique 5'-untranslated sequence, suggesting that the prostate specific regulation of CYP3A5 is different from liver...
- Genomic organization of the human CYP3A locus: identification of a new, inducible CYP3A geneK Gellner
EPIDAUROS Biotechnologie AG, Bernried, Germany
Pharmacogenetics 11:111-21. 2001..The 231 kb locus sequence contains the three CYP3A genes described previously (CYP3A4, CYP3A5 and CYP3A7), three pseudogenes as well as a novel CYP3A gene termed CYP3A43...
- Sequence diversity in CYP3A promoters and characterization of the genetic basis of polymorphic CYP3A5 expressionP Kuehl
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of Maryland at Baltimore, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Nat Genet 27:383-91. 2001..CYP3A activity is the sum activity of the family of CYP3A genes, including CYP3A5, which is polymorphically expressed at high levels in a minority of Americans of European descent and Europeans (..
- Genetic polymorphism of cytochrome P450 3A5 in ChineseF C Chou
Department of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, National Cheng Kung University, Medical Center, 1 University Road, Tainan 70101, Taiwan
Drug Metab Dispos 29:1205-9. 2001The CYP3A subfamily enzymes are the most abundant and important drug-metabolizing enzymes. Wide variation in the CYP3A5 expression was well known. Recently, G(-44) to A of CYP3AP1 was found to segregate with CYP3A5*3 defective allele...
- The genetic determinants of the CYP3A5 polymorphismE Hustert
EPIDAUROS Biotechnologie AG, Bernried, Federal Republic of Germany
Pharmacogenetics 11:773-9. 2001..We have investigated the expression of CYP3A5 and its genetic determinants in a panel of 183 Caucasian liver samples...
- Response to antiretroviral treatment in HIV-1-infected individuals with allelic variants of the multidrug resistance transporter 1: a pharmacogenetics studyJacques Fellay
Division of Infectious Diseases, University Hospital of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
Lancet 359:30-6. 2002..This variability could have a genetic basis. We did a pharmacogenetics study to analyse the association between response to antiretroviral treatment and allelic variants of several genes...
- Novel detection assay by PCR-RFLP and frequency of the CYP3A5 SNPs, CYP3A5*3 and *6, in a Japanese populationShuichi Fukuen
Clinical Evaluation of Medicines and Therapeutics, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Osaka University, 1 6 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Pharmacogenetics 12:331-4. 2002In this study, we established useful and reliable methods for the direct detection of the variants of CYP3A5 gene by polymerase chain reaction (PCR) and DdeI restriction analysis...
- CYP3A5 variant allele frequencies in Dutch CaucasiansRon H N van Schaik
Department of Clinical Chemistry, Sophia Children s Hospital, Erasmus MC, 3000 CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Clin Chem 48:1668-71. 2002..b>CYP3A5 is expressed in a limited number of individuals...
- Pharmacokinetics of midazolam and 1'-hydroxymidazolam in Chinese with different CYP3A5 genotypesPei Shan Shih
Department of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, National Cheng Kung University, Taiwan, Republic of China
Drug Metab Dispos 30:1491-6. 2002..b>CYP3A5 is expressed in a relatively small population of whites and Orientals...
- The CYP3A4*1B variant is related to the onset of puberty, a known risk factor for the development of breast cancerFred F Kadlubar
Division of Molecular Epidemiology, National Center for Toxicological Research, Jefferson, Arkansas 72079, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 12:327-31. 2003..High activity CYP3A4, but not CYP3A5, which primarily metabolizes testosterone, showed a striking association with the onset of puberty (adjusted odds ..
- CYP3A5 genotype predicts renal CYP3A activity and blood pressure in healthy adultsRaymond C Givens
General Clinical Research Center, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, NC 27514, USA
J Appl Physiol (1985) 95:1297-300. 2003A single-nucleotide polymorphism (A6986G) in the cytochrome p-450 3A5 (CYP3A5) gene distinguishes an expressor (*1) and a reduced-expressor (*3) allele and largely predicts CYP3A5 content in liver and intestine...
- CYP3A5*3 and *6 single nucleotide polymorphisms in three distinct Asian populationsC Balram
Division of Clinical Trials and Epidemiological Sciences, National Cancer Centre, 11 Hospital Drive, 169610, Singapore
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 59:123-6. 2003To determine the frequencies of two functional single nucleotide polymorphisms, CYP3A5*3 and CYP3A5*6, in the CYP3A5 gene in three distinct Asian ethnic groups, namely, the Chinese, Malays and Indians.
- Genetic polymorphisms of the CYP3A4, CYP3A5, and MDR-1 genes and pharmacokinetics of the calcineurin inhibitors cyclosporine and tacrolimusDennis A Hesselink
Department of Internal Medicine, Renal Tranplant Unit, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Clin Pharmacol Ther 74:245-54. 2003..The low oral bioavailability of calcineurin inhibitors is thought to result from the actions of the metabolizing enzymes cytochrome P450 (CYP) 3A4 and CYP3A5 and the multidrug efflux pump P-glycoprotein, encoded by MDR-1.
- The CYP3A4*1B allele increases risk for small cell lung cancer: effect of gender and smoking doseHeike Dally
Division of Toxicology and Cancer Risk Factors, German Cancer Research Center DKFZ, Heidelberg, Germany
Pharmacogenetics 13:607-18. 2003..The very frequent intron 3 polymorphism in the CYP3A5 gene (CYP3A5*3) results in decreased CYP3A5 protein levels...
- CYP3A5*1-carrying graft liver reduces the concentration/oral dose ratio of tacrolimus in recipients of living-donor liver transplantationMaki Goto
Department of Pharmacy, Kyoto University Hospital, Faculty of Medicine, Kyoto University
Pharmacogenetics 14:471-8. 2004..We have previously reported that an intestinal P-glycoprotein (MDR1) contributes to this variation as an absorptive barrier, but the role of hepatic metabolism is not clear...
- Cytochrome P450 pharmacogenetics as a predictor of toxicity and clinical response to pulse cyclophosphamide in lupus nephritisKazuki Takada
National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Arthritis Rheum 50:2202-10. 2004..We conducted a retrospective cohort study to test whether genetic polymorphisms of these enzymes are associated with the toxicity of, and clinical response to, cyclophosphamide in patients with lupus nephritis...
- The induction of cytochrome P450 3A5 (CYP3A5) in the human liver and intestine is mediated by the xenobiotic sensors pregnane X receptor (PXR) and constitutively activated receptor (CAR)Oliver Burk
Dr Margarete Fischer Bosch Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, Auerbachstrasse 112, D 70376 Stuttgart, Germany
J Biol Chem 279:38379-85. 2004..In contrast with other CYP3A family members, studies on the inducibility of CYP3A5 indicate conflicting results...
- Influence of CYP3A5 and MDR1 (ABCB1) polymorphisms on the pharmacokinetics of tacrolimus in renal transplant recipientsNorihiko Tsuchiya
Department of Urology, Akita University School of Medicine, 1 1 1 Hondo, Akita 010 8543, Japan
Transplantation 78:1182-7. 2004..Tacrolimus is a substrate for cytochrome P450 (CYP) 3A5 and p-glycoprotein encoded by CYP3A5 and MDR1 (ABCB1), respectively, having multiple single nucleotide polymorphisms...
- CYP3A4, CYP3A5, and CYP3A43 genotypes and haplotypes in the etiology and severity of prostate cancerCharnita Zeigler-Johnson
Department of Biostatistics and Epidemiology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 6021, USA
Cancer Res 64:8461-7. 2004..The enzyme products of CYP3A4 and CYP3A43 are involved in testosterone metabolism. CYP3A4 and CYP3A5 have been associated previously with prostate cancer occurrence and severity...
- Polymorphisms in cytochrome P4503A5 (CYP3A5) may be associated with race and tumor characteristics, but not metabolism and side effects of tamoxifen in breast cancer patientsApril N Tucker
Department of Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Maryland, 600 West Redwood Street, Howard Hall Room 133, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Cancer Lett 217:61-72. 2005..TAM is metabolized by cytochrome P450 (CYP450) enzymes, including CYP3A5. Although two genetic polymorphisms in CYP3A5 are known (CYP3A5*3 and CYP3A5*6), the effects of these ..
- Association between the CYP3A5 genotype and blood pressureHerbert Ho
Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Department of Medicine, Indiana University School of Medicine, 1001 W Tenth St, WD Myers Room W7123, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Hypertension 45:294-8. 2005We tested the hypothesis that the presence of a CYP3A5*1 allele is associated with increases in blood pressure in 2 studies of subjects with a total of 683 participants...
- Pharmacogenetics of efavirenz and central nervous system side effects: an Adult AIDS Clinical Trials Group studyDavid W Haas
Program for Human Genetics, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, 345 24th Avenue North, Nashville, TN 37203, USA
AIDS 18:2391-400. 2004..Efavirenz is metabolized by cytochrome P4502B6 (CYP2B6). We investigated whether polymorphisms in CYP2B6, CYP3A4, CYP3A5, and MDR1 were associated with efavirenz central nervous system side effects and pharmacokinetics.
- CYP2D6 genotype, antidepressant use, and tamoxifen metabolism during adjuvant breast cancer treatmentYan Jin
Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Department of Medicine, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 97:30-9. 2005....
- Recombinant CYP3A4*17 is defective in metabolizing the hypertensive drug nifedipine, and the CYP3A4*17 allele may occur on the same chromosome as CYP3A5*3, representing a new putative defective CYP3A haplotypeSu Jun Lee
Human Metabolism Section, Laboratory of Pharmacology and Chemistry, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, National Institutes of Health, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 313:302-9. 2005..fragment length polymorphism genotyping procedures were developed for the major splice variant of CYP3A5 (CYP3A5*3) and CYP3A4*17...
- CYP3A5*3 and CYP3A4*18 single nucleotide polymorphisms in a Chinese populationYong fang Hu
Pharmacogenetics Research Institute, Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, Central South University, Changsha, Hunan 410078, People s Republic of China
Clin Chim Acta 353:187-92. 2005..The genetic factors play an important role in the interindividual variability in CYP3A activity. Detection of CYP3A5 and CYP3A4 variant alleles and knowledge about their allelic frequency in specific ethnic groups are important to ..
- Genetic polymorphisms of CYP3A5 genes and concentration of the cyclosporine and tacrolimusY Zhao
The First Hospital of Tsinghua University, Beijing, China
Transplant Proc 37:178-81. 2005..Our objective was to determine the relationship between genetic polymorphisms of CYP3A5 with respect to interindividual variability in CsA and tacrolimus pharmacokinetics.
- CYP3A4 and CYP3A5 genotyping by PyrosequencingAdam A Garsa
Washington University School of Medicine, Department of Medicine, Division of Oncology, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
BMC Med Genet 6:19. 2005Human cytochrome P450 3A enzymes, particularly CYP3A4 and CYP3A5, play an important role in drug metabolism. CYP3A expression exhibits substantial interindividual variation, much of which may result from genetic variation...
- CYP3A5 genotypes and risk of oesophageal cancer in two South African populationsCollet Dandara
MRC UCT Oesophageal Cancer Research Group, Division of Medical Biochemistry, Institute for Infectious Disease and Molecular Medicine, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Cape Town, Observatory, Cape Town 7925, South Africa
Cancer Lett 225:275-82. 2005b>CYP3A5 is the major cytochrome P450 enzyme in the oesophagus and metabolises many potentially carcinogenic compounds...
- Association of cyclophosphamide pharmacokinetics to polymorphic cytochrome P450 2C19R Timm
Institute of Pharmacology, Ernst Moritz Arndt University Greifswald, Germany
Pharmacogenomics J 5:365-73. 2005..and a population pharmacokinetic model considering functionally relevant polymorphisms of CYP2B6, CYP2C9, CYP2C19, CYP3A5, and GSTA1...
- Effect of common CYP3A4 and CYP3A5 variants on the pharmacokinetics of the cytochrome P450 3A phenotyping probe midazolam in cancer patientsErin R Lepper
Science Applications International Corporation Frederick, Maryland, USA
Clin Cancer Res 11:7398-404. 2005To evaluate the effect of naturally occurring variants in genes encoding the cytochrome P450 (CYP) isoforms CYP3A4 and CYP3A5 in patients with cancer receiving midazolam as a phenotyping probe.
- The role of the cytochrome P450 3A5 enzyme for blood pressure regulation in the general Caucasian populationReinhold Kreutz
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Germany
Pharmacogenet Genomics 15:831-7. 2005Cytochrome P450 3A (CYP3A) enzymes are important for drug metabolism in gut and liver. The CYP3A5 isoenzyme is also expressed in the kidney and has been implicated in renal sodium reabsorption and blood pressure regulation...
- Sequence diversity and haplotype structure at the human CYP3A clusterE E Thompson
University of Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Pharmacogenomics J 6:105-14. 2006..We previously showed that the CYP3A4 and CYP3A5 genes have a strong haplotype structure at varying frequencies across ethnic groups...
- Pharmacogenetics of tamoxifen biotransformation is associated with clinical outcomes of efficacy and hot flashesMatthew P Goetz
Department of Oncology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:9312-8. 2005..Polymorphisms in tamoxifen metabolizing genes affect the plasma concentration of tamoxifen metabolites, but their effect on clinical outcome is unknown...
- Influence of CYP3A5 gene polymorphisms of donor rather than recipient to tacrolimus individual dose requirement in liver transplantationSongfeng Yu
Key Lab of Combined Multi Organ Transplantation, Ministry of Public Health, First Affiliated Hospital, Zhejiang University School of Medicine, Hangzhou, PR China
Transplantation 81:46-51. 2006..Tacrolimus is a substrate for CYP3A. It has been conjectured that CYP3A5 polymorphism is associated with tacrolimus pharmacokinetic variations...
- Pharmacogenetic screening for polymorphisms in drug-metabolizing enzymes and drug transporters in a Dutch populationT M Bosch
Department of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, The Netherlands Cancer Institute Slotervaart Hospital, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Mol Diagn Ther 10:175-85. 2006..to explore the frequencies of polymorphisms in drug-metabolizing enzymes (CYP1A1, CYP2C9, CYP2C19, CYP3A4, CYP2D6, CYP3A5, DPYD, UGT1A1, GSTM1, GSTP1, GSTT1) and drug transporters (ABCB1[MDR1] and ABCC2[MRP2]), and to investigate the LD ..
- Population pharmacokinetic and pharmacogenomic analysis of tacrolimus in pediatric living-donor liver transplant recipientsMasahide Fukudo
Department of Pharmacy, Faculty of Medicine, Kyoto University Hospital, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
Clin Pharmacol Ther 80:331-45. 2006..of tacrolimus in pediatric living-donor liver transplant recipients and examine the effects of the multidrug resistance 1 (MDR1) gene and the cytochrome P450 (CYP) genes CYP3A4 and CYP3A5 on the oral clearance of tacrolimus.
- CYP3A5 and ABCB1 polymorphisms and tacrolimus pharmacokinetics in renal transplant candidates: guidelines from an experimental studyV Haufroid
Industrial and Environmental Toxicology Unit, Universite Catholique de Louvain, St Luc Hospital, Brussels, Belgium
Am J Transplant 6:2706-13. 2006Genetic polymorphisms in biotransformation enzyme CYP3A5 (6986G > A, CYP3A5*3; 14690A > G, CYP3A5*6) and drug transporter ABCB1 (1236C > T; 2677G > T/A; 3435C > T) are known to influence tacrolimus (Tac) dose requirements ..
- Genetic variants of CYP3A5, CYP2D6, SULT1A1, UGT2B15 and tamoxifen response in postmenopausal patients with breast cancerPia Wegman
Department of Biomedicine and Surgery, Division of Cell Biology, Faculty of Health Sciences, Linkoping University, 581 85 Linkoping, Sweden
Breast Cancer Res 9:R7. 2007..In the present study we investigated the prognostic and/or predictive value of functional polymorphisms in cytochrome P450 3A5 CYP3A5 (*3), CYP2D6 (*4), sulphotransferase 1A1 (SULT1A1; *2) and UDP-glucuronosyltransferase 2B15 (UGT2B15;..
- Cytochrome P450 3A5 expression in the kidneys of patients with calcineurin inhibitor nephrotoxicityMelanie S Joy
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, UNC Kidney Center, CB 7155, 7005 Burnett Womack Building, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7155, USA
Nephrol Dial Transplant 22:1963-8. 2007..The role of drug transporters (P-glycoprotein) and drug metabolizing enzymes (cytochrome P450) as predisposing factors toward nephrotoxicity or its prevention has not been thoroughly examined...
- Influence of the CYP3A5 genotype on tacrolimus pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics in young kidney transplant recipientsMariano Ferraresso
Department of Surgical Sciences, University of Milan, Medical School, Milan, Italy
Pediatr Transplant 11:296-300. 2007..The aim of this study was to analyze retrospectively the influence of CYP3A5 gene polymorphism on TAC pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics in 30 teenage kidney transplant recipients...
- CYP3A5 and CYP3A4 but not MDR1 single-nucleotide polymorphisms determine long-term tacrolimus disposition and drug-related nephrotoxicity in renal recipientsD R J Kuypers
Department of Nephrology and Renal Transplantation, University Hospitals of Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Clin Pharmacol Ther 82:711-25. 2007..In contrast to recipients carrying the CYP3A4*1/CYP3A5*1 or CYP3A4*1B/CYP3A5*1 genotypes, dose-corrected tacrolimus exposure almost doubled over 5 years in patients with ..
- Genetic polymorphisms of CYP2B6 affect the pharmacokinetics/pharmacodynamics of cyclophosphamide in Japanese cancer patientsMiki Nakajima
Drug Metabolism and Toxicology, Division of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Graduate School of Medical Science, Kanazawa University, Kakuma machi, Kanazawa 920 1192, Japan
Pharmacogenet Genomics 17:431-45. 2007..To evaluate the effects of genetic polymorphisms of drug metabolizing enzymes on the pharmacokinetics of cyclophosphamide and its active metabolite, 4-hydroxycyclophosphamide, and on the pharmacodynamics...
- Genetic polymorphisms of drug-metabolizing enzymes CYP2D6, CYP2C9, CYP2C19 and CYP3A5 in the Greek populationKostas Arvanitidis
Laboratory of Pharmacology, Medical School, Democritus University of Thrace, Alexandroupolis, Greece
Fundam Clin Pharmacol 21:419-26. 2007..of the most common allelic variants of the polymorphic cytochrome P450 (CYP) enzymes CYP2D6, CYP2C9, CYP2C19 and CYP3A5 and to predict the genotype frequency for each polymorphism in the Greek population...
- A pharmacogenetic strategy for immunosuppression based on the CYP3A5 genotypeIain A M Macphee
Cellular and Molecular Medicine, Renal Medicine, St George s, University of London, Cranmer Terrace, London, UK
Transplantation 85:163-5. 2008..The most attractive candidate for a pharmacogenetic strategy is tacrolimus dosing based on the CYP3A5 genotype.
- The effect of CYP3A5 polymorphisms on the pharmacokinetics of tacrolimus in adolescent kidney transplant recipientsSilvia Tirelli
Laboratory of Clinical Pathology, Maggiore Hospital Policlinico, Mangiagalli and Regina Elena Foundation, IRCCS, Milan, Italy
Med Sci Monit 14:CR251-254. 2008b>CYP3A5 gene polymorphism has been shown to influence tacrolimus (TAC) blood concentration and dose requirement in adult kidney transplant patients...
- Pharmacogenetic pathway analysis of docetaxel eliminationS D Baker
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 85:155-63. 2009..17). However, the simultaneous presence of the CYP3A4*1B and CYP3A5*1A alleles was associated with a 64% increase in docetaxel clearance (P = 0...
- Influence of CYP3A5 genetic polymorphism on tacrolimus daily dose requirements and acute rejection in renal graft recipientsLina Quteineh
Pharmacology Department, Pierre et Marie Curie University, Saint Antoine University Hospital, Paris, France
Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol 103:546-52. 2008..Our objective was to determine the influence of CYP3A5 and ABCB1 genetic polymorphisms on tacrolimus daily requirements and on transplantation outcome...
- Explaining variability in tacrolimus pharmacokinetics to optimize early exposure in adult kidney transplant recipientsRogier R Press
Department of Clinical Pharmacy and Toxicology, Leiden University Medical Center, Albinusdreef 2, Leiden, The Netherlands
Ther Drug Monit 31:187-97. 2009..serum albumin concentration, prednisolone dose, TRL dose interval, polymorphisms in genes coding for ABCB1, CYP3A5, CYP3A4, and the pregnane X receptor on TRL pharmacokinetics...
- Impact of CYP3A5 and CYP3A4 gene polymorphisms on dose requirement of calcineurin inhibitors, cyclosporine and tacrolimus, in renal allograft recipients of North IndiaRanjana Singh
Department of Urology and Renal Transplantation, Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Raebareli Road, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India
Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol 380:169-77. 2009The present study investigated pharmacogenetic associations of common cytochrome P450 3A (CYP3A5 and CYP3A4) polymorphisms with dose requirements of calcineurin inhibitors, cyclosporine (CsA) and tacrolimus (Tac) in renal transplant ..
- Association of genotypes of the CYP3A cluster with midazolam disposition in vivoJ Miao
Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Department of Medicine, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN, USA
Pharmacogenomics J 9:319-26. 2009The genes that encode for CYP3A4 and CYP3A5 are located in the same region (CYP3A cluster) on chromosome 7. Midazolam (MDZ) is a substrate for both CYP3A4 and CYP3A5...
- Effect of CYP3A5 genotype on renal allograft recipients treated with tacrolimusJ S Chen
Research Institute of Nephrology, Jinling Hospital, Nanjing University School of Medicine, Nanjing, China
Transplant Proc 41:1557-61. 2009Tacrolimus concentrations are associated with CYP3A5 genotype. The purpose of this study was to evaluate the outcomes and drug concentrations/doses among a posttransplant population with various CYP3A5 genotypes within 12 months.
- Population pharmacokinetics and pharmacogenetics of tacrolimus in de novo pediatric kidney transplant recipientsW Zhao
Department of Pediatric Pharmacology and Pharmacogenetics, Hopital Robert Debre, Paris, France
Clin Pharmacol Ther 86:609-18. 2009..allometric scaling); in addition, it was higher in patients with low hematocrit levels and lower in patients with CYP3A5*3/*3...
- Novel polymorphisms associated with tacrolimus trough concentrations: results from a multicenter kidney transplant consortiumPamala A Jacobson
Department of Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Transplantation 91:300-8. 2011..Although its effect is important, it incompletely explains the variability in tacrolimus concentrations and has a relatively low minor allele frequency in whites relative to African Americans (AA)...
- Simultaneous detection of CYP3A5 and MDR1 polymorphisms based on the SNaPshot assayLiang Li
School of Basic Medical Sciences, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou, PR China
Clin Biochem 44:418-22. 2011The 6986A>G polymorphism for CYP3A5 and the -129T>C, 1236C>T, 2677G>T/A, and 3435C>T polymorphisms for MDR1 are considered the major genetic factors affecting a range of drugs' metabolism and transport...
- Individualization of tacrolimus dosage basing on cytochrome P450 3A5 polymorphism--a prospective, randomized, controlled studySi Yang Chen
Anesthesia Department, the First Affiliated Hospital of Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, China
Clin Transplant 27:E272-81. 2013..Sixty-two CYP3A5 expressers and 58 non-expressers were, respectively, randomized to receive diltiazem supplement or not...
- Pharmaceutical and genetic determinants for interindividual differences of tacrolimus bioavailability in renal transplant recipientsTakenori Niioka
Department of Pharmacy, Akita University Hospital, 1 1 1 Hondo, Akita, 010 8543, Japan
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 69:1659-65. 2013..We investigated factors affecting interindividual variability of tacrolimus bioavailability in renal transplant patients...
- Impact of CYP3A5 genotype on tacrolimus versus midazolam clearance in renal transplant recipients: new insights in CYP3A5-mediated drug metabolismHylke de Jonge
Department of Nephrology and Renal Transplantation, University Hospitals Leuven, Herestraat 49, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Pharmacogenomics 14:1467-80. 2013In vitro studies have identified both midazolam and tacrolimus as dual CYP3A4 and CYP3A5 substrates...
- CYP3A4 and CYP3A5 genotypes, haplotypes, and risk of prostate cancerSarah J Plummer
Department of Cancer Biology, Lerner Research Institute, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 12:928-32. 2003..b>CYP3A5 is located within 200 kb of CYP3A4, and a variant in CYP3A5 (*1/*3) correlates with function of the CYP3A5 enzyme...
- Genotype-phenotype associations for common CYP3A4 and CYP3A5 variants in the basal and induced metabolism of midazolam in European- and African-American men and womenMichael D Floyd
Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Department of Pharmacology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 6602, USA
Pharmacogenetics 13:595-606. 2003..and it has been suggested that this has a genetic basis, possibly related to variant alleles in CYP3A4 and CYP3A5 genes. Accordingly, genotype-phenotype associations were investigated under constitutive and induced conditions...
- Pharmacogenetics of cyclosporine in children suggests an age-dependent influence of ABCB1 polymorphismsSamuel Fanta
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, University of Helsinki, and Pediatric Nephrology and Transplantation, Hospital for Children and Adolescents, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Pharmacogenet Genomics 18:77-90. 2008To evaluate whether variations in the ABCB1, ABCC2, SLCO1B1, CYP3A4, CYP3A5, or NR1I2 genes are associated with the pharmacokinetics of cyclosporine in pediatric renal transplant candidates, and whether the effects of these variants are ..
- Polymorphisms of drug-metabolizing enzymes (GST, CYP2B6 and CYP3A) affect the pharmacokinetics of thiotepa and tepaCorine Ekhart
Department of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, The Netherlands Cancer Institute Slotervaart Hospital, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Br J Clin Pharmacol 67:50-60. 2009..The purpose of this study was to evaluate effects of known allelic variants in CYP2B6, CYP3A4, CYP3A5, GSTA1 and GSTP1 genes on pharmacokinetics of thiotepa and tepa.
- CYP3A5 genotype has a dose-dependent effect on ABT-773 plasma levelsDavid A Katz
Department of Pharmacogenetics, Abbott Laboratories, Abbott Park, IL 60064 6217, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 75:516-28. 2004..Because of overlapping substrate specificity with CYP3A4 and the multidrug efflux pump P-glycoprotein, the importance of CYP3A5 genetic polymorphism for pharmacokinetics is controversial.
- Effect of CYP3A and ABCB1 single nucleotide polymorphisms on the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of calcineurin inhibitors: Part IChristine E Staatz
School of Pharmacy, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Clin Pharmacokinet 49:141-75. 2010..Both agents are metabolic substrates for cytochrome P450 (CYP) 3A enzymes--in particular, CYP3A4 and CYP3A5--and are transported out of cells via P-glycoprotein (ABCB1)...
- Effect of CYP3A and ABCB1 single nucleotide polymorphisms on the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of calcineurin inhibitors: Part IIChristine E Staatz
University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
Clin Pharmacokinet 49:207-21. 2010..Both agents are metabolic substrates for cytochrome P450 (CYP) 3A enzymes - in particular, CYP3A4 and CYP3A5 - and are transported out of cells via P-glycoprotein (ABCB1)...
- Significance of the minor cytochrome P450 3A isoformsAnn K Daly
Pharmacogenetics Group, School of Clinical and Laboratory Sciences, University of Newcastle Medical School, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Clin Pharmacokinet 45:13-31. 2006Cytochrome P450 (CYP) 3A4 is responsible for most CYP3A-mediated drug metabolism but the minor isoforms CYP3A5, CYP3A7 and CYP3A43 also contribute. CYP3A5 is the best studied of the minor CYP3A isoforms...
- Decreased expression of cytochrome P450 protein in non-malignant colonic tissue of patients with colonic adenomaIna Bergheim
Department Physiology of Nutrition, Hohenheim University 140, Stuttgart, Germany
BMC Gastroenterol 5:34. 2005..of the colon, expression patterns and protein levels of four representative CYPs (CYP2C, CYP2E1, CYP3A4 and CYP3A5) were determined in colon mucosa of normal and adenomatous colonic tissue of patients with adenomas and disease-..
- Characterization of a Novel Selective Cytochrome P450 3A5 SubstrateMICHAEL DARIN CAMERON; Fiscal Year: 2013..However, tools are not currently available to distinguish between the major CYP3A enzymes, CYP3A4 and CYP3A5. These two enzymes are implicated in the metabolism of more pharmaceuticals than any other P450s...
- Christopher A Reilly; Fiscal Year: 2014..patterns of P450 3A gene expression in pediatric pulmonary cells from tracheal suctioning samples;and 4) correlate CYP3A5 and CYP3A7 polymorphisms with GC resistance or hypersensitivity from a cohort of pediatric asthma patients...
- Susceptibility to methylmercury toxicity: A role for cytochrome p450 enzymesMatthew D Rand; Fiscal Year: 2013..Aims are designed to investigate the functional and genetic association of the human homologs of CYP6g1 (CYP3A4, CYP3A5 and CYP3A7) with tolerance to MeHg toxicity in people...
- Developing a prediction model for vincristine-induced peripheral neuropathyJamie L Renbarger; Fiscal Year: 2010..Two enzymes (cytochrome P450 (CYP) 3A4 and CYP3A5) metabolize vincristine;but CYP3A5 is up to 10-times more efficient as a catalyst of vincristine metabolism in ..
- Activating liver carcinogens in yeast by expressing CYP450 polymorphismsMICHAEL THOMAS FASULLO; Fiscal Year: 2010..Cytochrome P450 genes, such as CYP1A1, CYP1A2, CYP3A4, and CYP3A5 encode proteins that activate potent liver carcinogens into genotoxic epoxides...
- Xiao bo Zhong; Fiscal Year: 2014DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The cytochrome P450 3A subfamily (CYP3A) members, such CYP3A4, CYP3A5, and CYP3A7, are the most abundant P450 enzymes expressed in human liver and intestine and are responsible for metabolizing >50%..
- James R Halpert; Fiscal Year: 2014..This enzyme and the related CYP3A5 are of particular pharmacological and toxicological significance due to their ability to metabolize a vast array ..
- Bioactivation of PBDEs by Human Cytochrome P-450James R Olson; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- CYTOCHROME P-450 AND GLOMERULAR PROTEIN PERMEABILITYEllen T McCarthy; Fiscal Year: 2010..These insights will permit development of new therapies to treat human proteinuric renal diseases and arrest the progression of glomerular injury. ..
- Eric F Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2016..Collectively, these studies will address significant gaps in our knowledge of P450 structure as it relates to function, and provide important information and tools for the prediction of drug metabolism. ..
- Pharmacogenetics of Tamoxifen and Chemotherapies and Risk of Contralateral BreastJane C Figueiredo; Fiscal Year: 2010..e., CYP2D6, CYP3A5, SULT1A1, UGT2B15) and drugs commonly used in polychemotherapy regimens for breast cancer including: ..
- A 3D biomimetic liver sinusoid construct for predicting physiology and toxicityMartin L Yarmush; Fiscal Year: 2013..This module will be designed to integrate with other organ models forming a human microphysiology platform to improve drug efficacy and safety testing. ..
- Jamie L Renbarger; Fiscal Year: 2016..Two enzymes (CYP3A4 and 3A5) metabolize vincristine;but CYP3A5 is 10-times more efficient as a catalyst of vincristine metabolism...
- BIOCHEMICAL TOXICOLOGY OF CYTOCHROME P-450Andrew Parkinson; Fiscal Year: 1990..Addressing such issues serves to broaden the significance of the proposed study, and directs the applicant's long-term goals towards human aspects of toxicology and cancer...
- INDUCTION AND MODE OF ACTION OF HEPATIC DRUG OXIDASEJohn Schenkman; Fiscal Year: 1992..Conditions known to activate protein phosphorylation/dephosphorylation will be examined with respect to phosphorylation of individual forms of cytochrome P-450 and catalytic monooxygenase activity in hepatocyte cell preparation...
- Kathleen E Malone; Fiscal Year: 2014..The enzymes that most affect the conversion of TAM to its key metabolites are CYP2D6, CYP3A4, CYP3A5, but other important phase I and II enzymes include CYP2C9, CYP2C19, CYP2B6, CYP1B1, UGT2B7, UGT2B15, UGT1A4, ..
- CECILIA PILAR CHUNG; Fiscal Year: 2016..The K-23 award will allow Dr. Chung to build on her strengths and get the protected time and resources to acquire the skills needed for an independent career in academic rheumatology and pharmacoepidemiology. ..
- NOVEL CHARACTERISTICS OF 1-IMIDAZOLE ENZYME INDUCTIONMichael Franklin; Fiscal Year: 1990..The overall findings will provide greater accuracy to the prediction of drug-drug interactions likely to arise from the therapeutic use of N- substituted imidazoles...
- Role of NADPH oxidase 1-derived ROS in the pathogenesis of Parkinson's diseaseYoon Seong Kim; Fiscal Year: 2012..abstract_text> ..
- HTS for inhibitors of NADPH Oxidase 2 (NOX 2)Hugh Rosen; Fiscal Year: 2010..Such inhibitors will be useful to investigate Nox2 biology, and as potential therapeutic agents in inflammatory and neurodegenerative diseases. ..
- Sara K Quinney; Fiscal Year: 2016..Pharmacogenetic variations in nifedipine pathway genes, e.g. CYP3A4, CYP3A5, CACNA1C, and CACN1C, will be tested for association with tocolytic response to nifedipine...
- Norbert E Kaminski; Fiscal Year: 2016..Finally, the proposed experiments will provide new knowledge concerning the fundamental role of the AHR in B cell immunobiology. ..
- PYRIDINE--ENZYME INDUCTION, METABOLISM, AND TOXICITYMelissa Runge Morris; Fiscal Year: 1991..These studies will form the basic for the overall objective of evaluating the effect of age, nutritional status, and biologic response modifiers on drug metabolism, induction and toxicity in extrahepatic tissues...
- Cytochrome-P-450 genes in pathobiology of endometrial cancerRajvir Dahiya; Fiscal Year: 2009..This project will provide us with novel mechanisms involving the pathobiology of endometrial cancer. ..
- PYRROLIZIDINE ALKALOID TOXICITY, METABOLISM, AND BINDINGDONALD BUHLER; Fiscal Year: 1990..Such knowledge can be used to predict the relative risk of individuals and human populations to PAs...
- PORPHYRINS AND QUINONES AS ENZYME COFACTORSTHOMAS LOEHR; Fiscal Year: 1999....
- MECHANISMS OF INDUCTION OF PEROXISOMAL B-OXIDATIONRAJA KAIKAUS; Fiscal Year: 1993..Evidence for the occurrence of nuclear translocation of a radiolabeled PP will also be sought as an indirect evidence for the presence of a receptor...
- TOXICOLOGICAL SIGNIFICANCE OF ALKYLBENZENE METABOLISMWayne Backes; Fiscal Year: 1992..These studies will not only be useful in the safety assessment of this important class if compounds, but will also contribute to a fundamental knowledge of the enzyme system involved in their metabolism...
- FUNCTION OF HYDROXYLASES AND OTHER OXIDATIVEMinor Coon; Fiscal Year: 1993..Preliminary results indicate that b-5 reacts differently with different P-450's and controls the rate of formation of several other oxygen-containing species from the ferrous dioxygen complex...
- ENZYME INDUCTION DEFECT--IMPLICATION FOR TOXICITYRobert Blouin; Fiscal Year: 1992..FActors which influence the activation of foreign compounds, bear directly on risk of xenobiotic exposure to human health...
- PEROXIDASES, CATALASES, AND CYTOCHROME P-450ZBIGNIEW KORSZUN; Fiscal Year: 1991..Finally, the polarized EXAFS and XANES experiments on the model compounds and enzymes will provide a detailed stereochemical decription of the heme second and third nearest neiqhbors...
- A STUDY OF TROPIC HORMONE ACTION IN CARCINOMA CELLSJ Mason; Fiscal Year: 1990..These findings will provide insight into the interdependent actions and mechanisms of endocrine paracrine, and autocrine factors to alter differentiated cell function...
- CANNABINOIDS AND CYTOCHROME P-450 GENE EXPRESSIONDALE DEUTSCH; Fiscal Year: 1992..The 3rd set of experiments are designed to relate the changes found at the level of a specific cytochrome P-450 genes to the activity of the corresponding enzymes employing isozyme specific substrates...
- Pharmacogenomics of ADRs: Calcineurin Inhibitor ToxicityKenneth Thummel; Fiscal Year: 2007..whether the progression of renal dysfunction in liver transplantation patients differs as a function of MDR1 and CYP3A5 genotypes and patient gender. Aim 2...
- CHARACTERIZATION OF HUMAN LIVER CYTOCHROMES P450Judy Raucy; Fiscal Year: 1992....
- CELLULAR CONTROL MECHANISMS OF CEREBROVASCULAR TONEDavid Harder; Fiscal Year: 1999..It is essential to delineate the mechanisms which control normal cerebral blood flow before we can fully understand the etiology of cerebral vascular pathologies such as stroke and impaired cerebral blood flow during ischemia. ..
- REGULATORS OF CLARA CELL DIFFERENTIATION IN LUNGCharles Plopper; Fiscal Year: 1991....
- CONTROL OF ENZYMES IN THE VITAMIN D ENDOCRINE COMPLEXJACOB GHAZARIAN; Fiscal Year: 1990..For example, new insight can be gained into the mechanisms that are inherent in urolithiasis and how such mechanisms give rise to the evaluated serum 1,25-(OH)2D3 levels characteristic of this disease...
- CYTOCHROME P-450 ISOZYMES IN NON-MAMMALIAN SPECIESJOHN STEGEMAN; Fiscal Year: 1991..Results could provide information and probes for evaluating various non-mammalian species or even cell lines for mechanisms of xenobiotic metabolism...
- Activating liver carcinogens in yeast by expressing CYP450 polymorphismsMichael Fasullo; Fiscal Year: 2007..Cytochrome P450 genes, such as CYP1A1, CYP1A2, CYP3A4, and CYP3A5 encode proteins that activate potent liver carcinogens into genotoxic epoxides...
- POLYMORPHISM IN THE METABOLISM OF DRUGS OF ABUSEDavid Moody; Fiscal Year: 1992..Data from these studies will contribute to the elucidation of mechanisms for individual sensitivity to drugs of abuse, and provide methods to determine the extent of polymorphism within populations...
- HUMAN METABOLISM OF HALOTHANE--MARKERS OF TOXIC EXPOSUREJames Trudell; Fiscal Year: 1993....
- HUMAN METABOLISM OF HALOTHANE-MECHANISMS OF TOXICITYJames Trudell; Fiscal Year: 1990....
- REGULATION OF ENZYMES IN MEVALONATE SYNTHESISHARRY RUDNEY; Fiscal Year: 1991....
- ENZYMIC ACTIVATION OF CHEMICAL CARCINOGENSF Guengerich; Fiscal Year: 2000....
- MEMBRANE CONTROL OF MICROSOMAL CYTOCHROME P-450RICHARD EBEL; Fiscal Year: 1980..These studies should yield results which will be applicable to other membrane bound enzymes in addition to the hepatic monooxygenase system...
- RESONANCE RAMAN SPECTROSCOPY OF CHEMICAL TRANSIENTSJames Terner; Fiscal Year: 1992..We will study these effects in various enzymes and those altered at specific sites by site-directed mutagenesis...
- Genetic-determinants of protease inhibitor pharmacologyPeter Anderson; Fiscal Year: 2007..the oral clearance of the protease inhibitor, atazanavir, is dependent on genetically-determined expression of the CYP3A5 protein...
- DISULFIRAM METABOLISM - ALCOHOLISM TREATMENT CONCEPTSMORRIS FAIMAN; Fiscal Year: 1992....
- ELECTRONIC STRUCTURES OF CATALASE AND RELATED PROTEINSSTEPHEN SONTUM; Fiscal Year: 1992..Models for these systems will be used to interpret experimental magnetic measurements on these systems. ..
- KIDNEY CELL CULTURE: REGULATION OF CALCIUM METABOLISMHelen Henry; Fiscal Year: 1990....
- CELL DIFFERENTIATION WITHIN THE LIVER ACINUSJORGE GUMUCIO; Fiscal Year: 1991....
- HETEROLOGOUS EXPRESSION OF CYTOCHROME P-450TODD PORTER; Fiscal Year: 1993....
- HUMAN LARGE BOWEL CANCER AND CYTOCHROMES P-450HENRY STROBEL; Fiscal Year: 1990..In these ways we will test the hypothesis that the cytochrome P-450 system activates carcinogens and anticancer agents in the human colon thereby playing a role in carcinogenesis and chemotherapy...
- FATTY ACID EPOXIDES AS MODULATORS OF PROLACTIN RELEASEJohn Cashman; Fiscal Year: 1991..A thorough understanding of EET action and biosynthesis may provide much information regarding the role of EETs in human physiology and disease states...
- CNS Viral Dynamics and Cellular Immunity During AIDSDavid Haas; Fiscal Year: 2009..Characterizing these relationships will expand our knowledge regarding key events that lead to AIDS dementia, and may suggest novel approaches to other immunologic or viral-mediated diseases that affect the brain. ..
- Metabolism and Carcinogenicity of Heterocyclic AminesTERRY ZENSER; Fiscal Year: 2007..Determine effect of DSS-induced colitis inflammation) in IQ carcinogenicity. The long-term goal is to understand the role of RNOS on HCA carcinogenesis. ..
- MOLECULAR TOXICOLOGY IN HUMAN KIDNEY CELLSLawrence Lash; Fiscal Year: 2007..Achievement of these aims should build on our previous work in human kidney cells and extend it to provide a much more complete understanding of the various and complex ways in which DCVC affects the human kidney [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- VANDERBILT ADULT AIDS CLINICAL TRIALS UNITDavid Haas; Fiscal Year: 2006..The proposed ACTU will not only enroll patients into ACTG clinical trials, but will provide the ACTG the ability to address important questions concerning AIDS treatment and pathogenesis. ..
- GLUTATHIONE AND MITOCHONDRIA IN TOXIC RENAL INJURYLawrence Lash; Fiscal Year: 2003..This information may have therapeutic applications for prevention of renal cellular injury or for understanding mitochondrial diseases or age-related decreases that occur in mitochondrial function. ..
- 2008 Oceans and Human Health Gordon Research ConferenceJOHN STEGEMAN; Fiscal Year: 2008..The significance of the field is reflected by the support of Centers for Oceans and Human Health by the NIEHS and the National Science Foundation. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- HAART Regimens in Substance AbusersDavid Greenblatt; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- PGP Regulation of Antipsychotic Exposure and EffectsC Devane; Fiscal Year: 2008..The results of this research will provide support for translational studies in humans to refine treatment guidelines for the use of this class of medications in severely mentally ill patients. ..
- Pharmacogenetics of MethadoneC Devane; Fiscal Year: 2003..This study will form the basis for subsequent studies which should provide a more rational basis for dosing of methadone in pregnant addicts. ..