Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CYP2D6
Description: cytochrome P450 family 2 subfamily D member 6
Alias: CPD6, CYP2D, CYP2D7AP, CYP2D7BP, CYP2D7P2, CYP2D8P2, CYP2DL1, CYPIID6, P450-DB1, P450C2D, P450DB1, cytochrome P450 2D6, cholesterol 25-hydroxylase, cytochrome P450, family 2, subfamily D, polypeptide 6, cytochrome P450, family 2, subfamily D, polypeptide 7 pseudogene 2, cytochrome P450, family 2, subfamily D, polypeptide 8 pseudogene 2, cytochrome P450, subfamily II (debrisoquine, sparteine, etc., -metabolising), polypeptide 7 pseudogene 2, cytochrome P450, subfamily IID (debrisoquine, sparteine, etc., -metabolising), polypeptide 8 pseudogene 2, cytochrome P450, subfamily IID (debrisoquine, sparteine, etc., -metabolizing), polypeptide 6, cytochrome P450, subfamily IID (debrisoquine, sparteine, etc., -metabolizing)-like 1, cytochrome P450-DB1, debrisoquine 4-hydroxylase, flavoprotein-linked monooxygenase, microsomal monooxygenase, nonfunctional cytochrome P450 2D6, xenobiotic monooxygenase
Publications224 found, 100 shown here
- Cytochrome P450 2D6 and outcomes of adjuvant tamoxifen therapy: results of a meta-analysisBostjan Seruga
Division of Medical Oncology and Hematology, Princess Margaret Hospital and University of Toronto, 610 University Avenue, Toronto, ON M5G 2M9, Canada
Breast Cancer Res Treat 122:609-17. 2010Pharmacological evidence shows that cytochrome P450 2D6 (CYP2D6) function is important in the conversion of tamoxifen to its active metabolites...
- Quantitative effect of CYP2D6 genotype and inhibitors on tamoxifen metabolism: implication for optimization of breast cancer treatmentSilvana Borges
Department of Medicine, Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, 46202, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 80:61-74. 2006..We conducted a prospective trial in 158 patients with breast cancer who were taking tamoxifen to further understand the effect of CYP2D6 genotype and concomitant medications on endoxifen plasma concentrations.
- Response to antiretroviral treatment in HIV-1-infected individuals with allelic variants of the multidrug resistance transporter 1: a pharmacogenetics studyJacques Fellay
Division of Infectious Diseases, University Hospital of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
Lancet 359:30-6. 2002..This variability could have a genetic basis. We did a pharmacogenetics study to analyse the association between response to antiretroviral treatment and allelic variants of several genes...
- Cytochrome P450 2D6.1 and cytochrome P450 2D6.10 differ in catalytic activity for multiple substratesY Ramamoorthy
Department of Pharmacology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
Pharmacogenetics 11:477-87. 2001b>CYP2D6 is involved in the metabolism of several classes of drugs, including tricyclic antidepressants, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors and various amphetamines...
- Association of genetic variation in tamoxifen-metabolizing enzymes with overall survival and recurrence of disease in breast cancer patientsSusan A Nowell
Department of Epidemiology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 91:249-58. 2005..We examined functional polymorphisms in CYP2D6, the P450 catalyzing the formation of active tamoxifen metabolites, and UGT2B15, a Phase II enzyme facilitating ..
- Comparative metabolic capabilities and inhibitory profiles of CYP2D6.1, CYP2D6.10, and CYP2D6.17Hongwu Shen
Shanghai Institute of Materia Medica, Graduate School, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Zhangjiang Hi Tech Park, Shanghai, China
Drug Metab Dispos 35:1292-300. 2007Polymorphisms in the cytochrome P450 2D6 (CYP2D6) gene are a major cause of pharmacokinetic variability in human...
- Systematic polymorphism analysis of the CYP2D6 gene in four different geographical Han populations in mainland ChinaShengying Qin
Bio X Life Science Research Center, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Hao Ran Building, Shanghai 200030, China
Genomics 92:152-8. 2008In this study, we systematically screened the polymorphisms of the whole CYP2D6 gene in the populations of four different geographical locations in China, namely, Shanghai, Shantou, Shenyang, and Xi'an, using a sample of 100 subjects from ..
- Metabolism of 1-methyl-4-phenyl-1,2,3,6-tetrahydropyridine by mitochondrion-targeted cytochrome P450 2D6: implications in Parkinson diseasePrachi Bajpai
Department of Animal Biology and Marie Lowe Center for Comparative Oncology, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 6046, USA
J Biol Chem 288:4436-51. 2013..Here, we demonstrate that mitochondrion-targeted human cytochrome P450 2D6 (CYP2D6), supported by mitochondrial adrenodoxin and adrenodoxin reductase, can efficiently catalyze the ..
- CYP2D6 genotype, antidepressant use, and tamoxifen metabolism during adjuvant breast cancer treatmentYan Jin
Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Department of Medicine, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 97:30-9. 2005..We examined the effects of concomitant use of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor antidepressants, which are CYP2D6 enzyme inhibitors commonly prescribed to treat hot flashes in women who take tamoxifen, and genotypes for genes ..
- Inherited amplification of an active gene in the cytochrome P450 CYP2D locus as a cause of ultrarapid metabolism of debrisoquineI Johansson
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 90:11825-9. 1993..These individuals (poor metabolizers) carry deficient CYP2D6 gene variants and have an impaired metabolism of severely commonly used drugs...
- A novel mutant variant of the CYP2D6 gene (CYP2D6*17) common in a black African population: association with diminished debrisoquine hydroxylase activityC Masimirembwa
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Br J Clin Pharmacol 42:713-9. 19961. The debrisoquine hydroxylase (CYP2D6) is polymorphically distributed...
- Methadone N-demethylation in human liver microsomes: lack of stereoselectivity and involvement of CYP3A4D J Foster
Department of Clinical and Experimental Pharmacology, University of Adelaide, Adelaide 5005, Australia
Br J Clin Pharmacol 47:403-12. 1999..To investigate the kinetics of CYP-mediated N-demethylation of methadone in human liver microsomes, and examine the role of stereoselectivity and CYP isoforms involved...
- Expression, purification, biochemical characterization, and comparative function of human cytochrome P450 2D6.1, 2D6.2, 2D6.10, and 2D6.17 allelic isoformsAiming Yu
Department of Basic Pharmaceutical Sciences, West Virginia University, Morgantown, West Virginia 26506 9530, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 303:1291-300. 2002Polymorphism at the cytochrome P450 2D6 (CYP2D6) locus is one of the most widely known causes of pharmacogenetic variability in humans...
- The association of CYP2D6 *10 polymorphism with breast cancer risk and clinico-pathologic characteristics in Chinese womenHongxia Li
Breast Centre, Beijing Cancer Hospital, Peking University School of Oncology, Beijing, PR China
Acta Oncol 45:597-601. 2006A relatively little is known of whether CYP2D6 *10 (188 C to T) polymorphism mediates susceptibility to breast cancer...
- Effect of concomitant CYP2D6 inhibitor use and tamoxifen adherence on breast cancer recurrence in early-stage breast cancerVincent O Dezentjé
Department of Clinical Pharmacy and Toxicology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
J Clin Oncol 28:2423-9. 2010The use of cytochrome P450 2D6-inhibiting drugs (CYP2D6 inhibitors) during tamoxifen treatment leads to a decrease in plasma concentration of endoxifen, the major active tamoxifen metabolite...
- Deletion of the entire cytochrome P450 CYP2D6 gene as a cause of impaired drug metabolism in poor metabolizers of the debrisoquine/sparteine polymorphismA Gaedigk
Dr Margarete Fischer Bosch Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, Stuttgart, Germany
Am J Hum Genet 48:943-50. 1991..The gene controlling the P450IID6 protein, CYP2D6, is located on the long arm of chromosome 22...
- Identification of a new variant CYP2D6 allele lacking the codon encoding Lys-281: possible association with the poor metabolizer phenotypeR Tyndale
Department of Pharmacology, University of Toronto, Medical Sciences Center, Canada
Pharmacogenetics 1:26-32. 1991A variant CYP2D6(C) P450 protein was found in a liver characterized by deficient microsomal metabolism of bufuralol and sparteine, prototypical substrates for the debrisoquine-sparteine drug oxidation polymorphism...
- Multiple mutations of the human cytochrome P450IID6 gene (CYP2D6) in poor metabolizers of debrisoquine. Study of the functional significance of individual mutations by expression of chimeric genesM Kagimoto
Department of Pharmacology, University of Basel, Switzerland
J Biol Chem 265:17209-14. 1990..Moreover, two mutant alleles of the P450IID6 gene locus (CYP2D6) were identified by restriction fragment length analysis to be associated with the PM phenotype...
- Localization of the CYP2D gene locus to human chromosome 22q13.1 by polymerase chain reaction, in situ hybridization, and linkage analysisA C Gough
Imperial Cancer Research Fund, Human Genetic Resources, Clare Hall Laboratories, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
Genomics 15:430-2. 1993..cell hybrids, in situ hybridization, and linkage mapping, we have been able to localize the cytochrome P450 CYP2D6 gene to chromosome 22 in the region q13.1...
- CYP2D6 genotyping strategy based on gene copy number determination by TaqMan real-time PCRElke Schaeffeler
Dr Margarete Fischer Bosch Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, Stuttgart, Germany
Hum Mutat 22:476-85. 2003The genetic polymorphism of the cytochrome P450 monooxygenase, CYP2D6, comprises at least 43 alleles giving rise to distinct drug metabolism phenotypes termed ultrarapid, extensive, intermediate, and poor metabolizers...
- The impact of cytochrome P450 2D6 metabolism in women receiving adjuvant tamoxifenMatthew P Goetz
Department of Oncology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, 200 First Street Southwest, Rochester, MN, 55905, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 101:113-21. 2007Tamoxifen is biotransformed to the potent anti-estrogen, endoxifen, by the cytochrome P450 (CYP) 2D6 enzyme. CYP2D6 genetic variation and inhibitors of the enzyme markedly reduce endoxifen plasma concentrations in tamoxifen-treated ..
- Isolation, sequence and genotyping of the drug metabolizer CYP2D6 gene in the Colombian populationC A Isaza
Laboratory of Medical Genetics, Pereira Technological University Medical School, Pereira, Colombia
Methods Find Exp Clin Pharmacol 22:695-705. 2000b>Cytochrome P450 2D6 monooxygenase metabolizes several commonly used drugs, particularly psychotropics and cardiovascular agents...
- CYP2D6 polymorphism, pesticide exposure, and Parkinson's diseaseAlexis Elbaz
National Institute of Health and Medical Research INSERM Unit 360, Hopital de la Salpetriere, 47 Boulevard de l Hopital, 75651 Paris Cedex 13, France
Ann Neurol 55:430-4. 2004..characterized by a high prevalence of pesticide exposure and studied the joint effect of pesticide exposure and CYP2D6. Although they are based on a small group of subjects with the joint exposure, our findings are consistent with a ..
- Effects of CYP2D6 and SULT1A1 genotypes including SULT1A1 gene copy number on tamoxifen metabolismJ Gjerde
The Hormone Laboratory, Haukeland University Hospital, N 5021 Bergen
Ann Oncol 19:56-61. 2008..Clinical studies indicate that CYP2D6 and SULT1A1 genotypes are predictors for treatment response to tamoxifen...
- Errors and reproducibility of DNA array-based detection of allelic variants in ADME genes: PHARMAchipElisabet Cuyàs
Human Pharmacology and Clinical Neurosciences Research Group of the Neuropsychopharmacology Program, Institut Municipal d Investigació Mèdica IMIM Hospital del Mar, Parc de Recerca Biomedica de Barcelona, c Dr Aiguader 88 08003 Barcelona, Spain
Pharmacogenomics 11:257-66. 2010..The aim of this study was to assess the suitability of PHARMAchip for the genotyping of polymorphisms of genes associated with drug metabolism and response as an alternative to Jurilab Ltd's DrugMEt Test...
- Lack of any association between functionally significant CYP2D6 polymorphisms and clinical outcomes in early breast cancer patients receiving adjuvant tamoxifen treatmentIn Hae Park
Center for Breast Cancer, National Cancer Center, 323 Ilsan ro, Ilsandong gu, Goyang si, Gyeonggi do 410 769, Korea
Breast Cancer Res Treat 131:455-61. 2012Active metabolites of tamoxifen are formed mainly by the action of cytochrome P450 2D6 (CYP2D6)...
- CYP2D6 polymorphisms influence tamoxifen treatment outcomes in breast cancer patients: a meta-analysisZhiyu Zeng
Department of Geriatrics, First Affiliated Hospital of Guangxi Medical University, Nanning, Guangxi, China
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 72:287-303. 2013To evaluate whether breast cancer (BC) patients with CYP2D6 gene variation have different clinical tamoxifen (TAM) treatment outcomes to those with normal function of CYP2D6.
- The human CYP2D locus associated with a common genetic defect in drug oxidation: a G1934----A base change in intron 3 of a mutant CYP2D6 allele results in an aberrant 3' splice recognition siteN Hanioka
Laboratory of Molecular Carcinogenesis, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892
Am J Hum Genet 47:994-1001. 1990..These compounds are metabolized by a form of cytochrome P450, designated CYP2D6. Some 5%-10% of Caucasians are unable to metabolize debrisoquine, because of mutant alleles of CYP2D6...
- An inactive cytochrome P450 CYP2D6 allele containing a deletion and a base substitutionA K Daly
Department of Pharmacological Sciences, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, Medical School, UK
Hum Genet 95:337-41. 1995The cytochrome P450 CYP2D6 is a polymorphic enzyme, for which 5%-10% of Caucasians (poor metabolizers) lack activity...
- Polymorphism of the cytochrome P450 CYP2D6 gene in a European population: characterization of 48 mutations and 53 alleles, their frequencies and evolutionD Marez
Laboratoire de Biochimie et Biologie Moleculaire, Hopital Calmette, Centre Hospitalier Regional, Lille, France
Pharmacogenetics 7:193-202. 1997The polymorphic cytochrome P450 CYP2D6 is involved in the metabolism of various drugs of wide therapeutic use and is a presumed susceptibility factor for certain environmentally-induced diseases...
- The molecular and enzyme kinetic basis for the diminished activity of the cytochrome P450 2D6.17 (CYP2D6.17) variant. Potential implications for CYP2D6 phenotyping studies and the clinical use of CYP2D6 substrate drugs in some African populationsTashinga E Bapiro
Department of Biochemistry, University of Zimbabwe, Harare, Zimbabwe
Biochem Pharmacol 64:1387-98. 2002In this study, the basis for the diminished capacity of CYP2D6.17 to metabolise CYP2D6 substrate drugs and the possible implications this might have for CYP2D6 phenotyping studies and clinical use of substrate drugs were investigated in ..
- Allele and genotype frequencies of CYP2C9, CYP2C19 and CYP2D6 in an Italian populationMaria Gabriella Scordo
Department of Experimental and Clinical Medicine and Pharmacology, Section of Pharmacology, University of Messina, Torre Biologica, Policlinico Universitario, Via Consolare Valeria Gazzi, 98125 Messina, Italy
Pharmacol Res 50:195-200. 2004..we determined the genotype profile of a random Italian population in order to compare the CYP2C9, CYP2C19 and CYP2D6 allele frequencies among Italians with previous findings in other Caucasian populations...
- Novel nonsynonymous single nucleotide polymorphisms in the CYP2D6 geneAkiko Soyama
Project Team for Pharmacogenetics, National Institute of Health Sciences, Tokyo, Japan
Drug Metab Pharmacokinet 19:313-9. 2004..The nonsynonymous SNPs in the CYP2D6 gene were as follows: 73 C>T (Arg25Trp, exon 1), 972 C>T (Ala90Val, exon 2), 1611 T>A (Phe120Ile, exon 3),..
- Sequence-based analysis of the CYP2D6*36-CYP2D6*10 tandem-type arrangement, a major CYP2D6*10 haplotype in the Japanese populationAkiko Soyama
Project Team for Pharmacogenetics, National Institute of Health Sciences, Tokyo 158 8501, Japan
Drug Metab Pharmacokinet 21:208-16. 2006The frequency of the CYP2D6*10 allele (100C>T) in the Japanese is relatively high (0.3-0.4), and the two *10-related genes, Ch1 (currently *10B) and Ch2 (*36), and their tandem arrangement Ch(2)-Ch(1) (*36-*10B) have been reported...
- ABCB1 and cytochrome P450 genotypes and phenotypes: influence on methadone plasma levels and response to treatmentSeverine Crettol
Unite de Biochimie et Psychopharmacologie Clinique, Centre de Neurosciences Psychiatriques, Département de Psychiatrie Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, Hôpital de Cery, Prilly Lausanne, Switzerland
Clin Pharmacol Ther 80:668-81. 2006..The in vivo implication of various cytochrome P450 (CYP) isoforms and of P-glycoprotein on methadone kinetics is unclear. We aimed to thoroughly examine the genetic factors influencing methadone kinetics and response to treatment...
- CYP2D6 worldwide genetic variation shows high frequency of altered activity variants and no continental structureJohanna Sistonen
Department of Forensic Medicine, University of Helsinki, Finland
Pharmacogenet Genomics 17:93-101. 2007b>CYP2D6, a member of the cytochrome P450 superfamily, is responsible for the metabolism of about 25% of the commonly prescribed drugs...
- Concentrations of tramadol and O-desmethyltramadol enantiomers in different CYP2D6 genotypesU M Stamer
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Clin Pharmacol Ther 82:41-7. 2007The influence of CYP2D6 genotype and CYP2D6 inhibitors on enantiomeric plasma levels of tramadol and O-desmethyltramadol as well as response to tramadol was investigated...
- Lack of influence of CYP2D6 genotype on the clearance of (R)-, (S)- and racemic-methadoneJ K Coller
Discipline of Pharmacology, Medical School North, University of Adelaide, Australia
Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther 45:410-7. 2007To investigate the influence of CYP2D6 genotype on the oral clearance of (R)-, (S)- and rac-methadone.
- Breast cancer treatment outcome with adjuvant tamoxifen relative to patient CYP2D6 and CYP2C19 genotypesWerner Schroth
Dr Margarete Fischer Bosch Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, Auerbachstrasse 112, D 70376 Stuttgart, Germany
J Clin Oncol 25:5187-93. 2007..We investigated the predictive value of genetic variants of CYP2D6, CYP2C19, and three other cytochrome P450 enzymes for tamoxifen treatment outcome.
- Pharmacokinetics/genotype associations for major cytochrome P450 enzymes in native and first- and third-generation Japanese populations: comparison with Korean, Chinese, and Caucasian populationsS P Myrand
Drug Safety Research and Development, Pfizer Global Research and Development PGRD, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 84:347-61. 2008..The mean metabolic ratios (MRs) for the four ethnic groups were similar except for a lower activity of CYP2D6 in Caucasians and CYP2C19 in Asians...
- Functional characterization of 17 CYP2D6 allelic variants (CYP2D6.2, 10, 14A-B, 18, 27, 36, 39, 47-51, 53-55, and 57)Kanako Sakuyama
Department of Clinical Pharmacotherapeutics, Tohoku Pharmaceutical University, 4 4 1 Komatsushima, Aoba ku, Sendai 981 8558, Japan
Drug Metab Dispos 36:2460-7. 2008b>Cytochrome P450 2D6 (CYP2D6) is an enzyme of potential importance for the metabolism of drugs used clinically, and it exhibits genetic polymorphism with interindividual differences in metabolic activity...
- Polymorphisms in genes encoding drugs and xenobiotic metabolizing enzymes in a Brazilian populationVanessa da Silva Silveira
Department of Genetics, Faculty of Medicine of Ribeirao Preto, University of Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, SP, Brazil
Biomarkers 14:111-7. 2009..enzyme activity has been associated with polymorphic alleles, we evaluated the frequency of the polymorphisms of CYP2D6, EPHX1 and NQO1 genes in 361 Brazilian individuals separated by ethnicity (European and African ancestry), using ..
- Discovery of novel functional variants and extensive evaluation of CYP2D6 genetic polymorphisms in KoreansSu Jun Lee
Department of Pharmacology and PharmacoGenomics Research Center, Inje University College of Medicine, 633 165 Gaegum Dong, Jin gu, Busan 614 735, Korea
Drug Metab Dispos 37:1464-70. 2009Our objectives were to identify CYP2D6 genetic polymorphisms in a Korean population, to compare the allele frequencies with those of other ethnic groups, and to evaluate variant-induced functional variations in dextromethorphan (DM) ..
- CYP2D6 polymorphism screening in a selected population of Spain (La Alpujarra): no effect of geographical isolationAna Fernández-Santander
Universidad Europea de Madrid, Villaviciosa de Odón, Spain
Ann Hum Biol 37:267-73. 2010There is growing interest in the CYP2D6 gene because of its key role in the metabolism of numerous commonly used drugs.
- Efficacy of tamoxifen based on cytochrome P450 2D6, CYP2C19 and SULT1A1 genotype in the Italian Tamoxifen Prevention TrialD Serrano
Division of Cancer Prevention and Genetics, European Institute of Oncology, Milan, Italy
Pharmacogenomics J 11:100-7. 2011..We used the AmpliChip CYP450 Test to screen 33 alleles of CYP2D6 and 3 of CYP2C19...
- Genetic polymorphisms and drug interactions modulating CYP2D6 and CYP3A activities have a major effect on oxycodone analgesic efficacy and safetyC F Samer
Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology and Multidisciplinary Pain Centre, Department of Anaesthesiology, Pharmacology and Intensive Care, Geneva University Hospitals, Geneva, Switzerland
Br J Pharmacol 160:919-30. 2010The major drug-metabolizing enzymes for the oxidation of oxycodone are CYP2D6 and CYP3A...
- Association between genetic polymorphisms of CYP2D6 and outcomes in breast cancer patients with tamoxifen treatmentHyung Seok Park
Department of Surgery, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 26:1007-13. 2011The aim of the study was to evaluate the association between genetic polymorphisms of CYP2D6 and outcomes in breast cancer patients with tamoxifen treatment. We evaluated the CYP2D6 genetic polymorphisms in 766 breast cancer patients...
- CYP 2D6 polymorphism: a predictor of susceptibility and response to chemoradiotherapy in head and neck cancerPragya Shukla
Department of Radiation Oncology, Tata Memorial Hospital, Tata Memorial Centre, Mumbai, India
J Cancer Res Ther 8:40-5. 2012..Pharmacogenetic variability associated with the drug metabolizing enzyme systems is a major determinant of variations in these outcomes...
- Complexities of CYP2D6 gene analysis and interpretationAndrea Gaedigk
Children s Mercy Hospital and Clinics, Division of Clinical Pharmacology and Innovative Therapeutics, Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Int Rev Psychiatry 25:534-53. 2013b>Cytochrome P450 2D6 (CYP2D6) plays an important role in the metabolism and bioactivation of about 25% of clinically used drugs including many antidepressants, antipsychotics and opioids...
- Distribution of CYP2D6 alleles and phenotypes in the Brazilian populationDeise C Friedrich
Departamento de Genetica, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
PLoS ONE 9:e110691. 2014The CYP2D6 enzyme is one of the most important members of the cytochrome P450 superfamily. This enzyme metabolizes approximately 25% of currently prescribed medications...
- Major antigen of liver kidney microsomal autoantibodies in idiopathic autoimmune hepatitis is cytochrome P450db1M P Manns
W M Keck Autoimmune Disease Center, La Jolla, California
J Clin Invest 83:1066-72. 1989..Determination of the sequence of HLD8.2 revealed that it encodes a recently described cytochrome P450db1. A bacterial fusion protein constructed from HLD8.2 proved to be a specific and sensitive diagnostic reagent...
- The human debrisoquine 4-hydroxylase (CYP2D) locus: sequence and identification of the polymorphic CYP2D6 gene, a related gene, and a pseudogeneS Kimura
Laboratory of Molecular Carcinogenesis, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892
Am J Hum Genet 45:889-904. 1989..The defect is caused by several mutant alleles of the CYP2D6 gene, two of which are detected in about 70% of PMs...
- Evidence for a new variant CYP2D6 allele CYP2D6J in a Japanese population associated with lower in vivo rates of sparteine metabolismH Yokota
Laboratory of Molecular Carcinogenesis, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892
Pharmacogenetics 3:256-63. 1993A group of Japanese subjects were phenotyped for CYP2D6 activity by administration of sparteine and determination of urine metabolic ratios (MR)...
- Genotyping of CYP2D6 in Parkinson's diseaseM Stefanovic
Clinical Institute of Chemistry, School of Medicine, University of Zagreb and Sestre milosrdnice University Hospital, Zagreb, Croatia
Clin Chem Lab Med 38:929-34. 2000Parkinson's disease is characterized by progressive degradation of dopaminergic neurons. Cytochrome P450 CYP2D6 enzyme is one of the most investigated and highly polymorphic isoforms, which metabolizes many drugs and is also involved in ..
- Parkinson's disease, CYP2D6 polymorphism, and ageH Payami
Department of Neurology, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland 97201, USA
Neurology 56:1363-70. 2001PD may be caused by genetic susceptibility to neurotoxins. CYP2D6 is a candidate gene for PD because it regulates drug and toxin metabolism, but association studies have been inconsistent...
- CYP2D6*4 polymorphism is not associated with Parkinson's disease and has no protective role against Alzheimer's disease in the Korean populationS I Woo
Department of Psychiatry, Gyeongsang National University, College of Medicine and Gyeongsang National University Hospital, Chinju, Korea
Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 55:373-7. 2001b>CYP2D6*4 polymorphism is reported to be associated with Parkinson's disease (PD) and to have protective role against Alzheimer's disease (AD). Such findings are not extensively studied in the Oriental population, especially Koreans...
- Characterization of the CYP2D6*29 allele commonly present in a black Tanzanian population causing reduced catalytic activityA Wennerholm
Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Department of Medical Laboratory Sciences and Technology, Karolinska Institutet, Huddinge University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Pharmacogenetics 11:417-27. 2001Debrisoquine metabolism among Tanzanians has been found to be slower than expected from the CYP2D6 genotype...
- Involvement of CYP3A4, CYP2C8, and CYP2D6 in the metabolism of (R)- and (S)-methadone in vitroJun Sheng Wang
Laboratory of Drug Disposition and Pharmacogenetics, Institute of Psychiatry, Medical University of South Carolina, 67 President St, Suite 246 North, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 31:742-7. 2003..But for the metabolism of (S)-methadone, the roles of CYP2C8 and CYP3A4 appeared equal. Although CYP2D6 is involved in the metabolism of (R)- and (S)-methadone, its role was smaller compared with CYP3A4 and CYP2C8...
- Increased incidence of CYP2D6 gene duplication in patients with persistent mood disorders: ultrarapid metabolism of antidepressants as a cause of nonresponse. A pilot studyChiaki Kawanishi
Department of Medical Laboratory Sciences and Technology, Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Karolinska Institutet, Huddinge University Hospital, 14186 Stockholm, Sweden
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 59:803-7. 2004Recent studies have revealed that genetic polymorphisms of cytochrome P(450) 2D6 (CYP2D6) are among the factors that determine the interindividual differences in the metabolism and response to antidepressants...
- Genotype of metabolic enzymes and the benefit of tamoxifen in postmenopausal breast cancer patientsPia Wegman
Department of Biomedicine and Surgery, Division of Cellbiology, Faculty of Health Sciences, Linkoping, Sweden
Breast Cancer Res 7:R284-90. 2005..b>Cytochrome P450 2D6 (CYP2D6) and sulfotransferase 1A1 (SULT1A1) are polymorphic and are involved in the metabolism of tamoxifen...
- LKM1 autoantibodies in chronic hepatitis C infection: a case of molecular mimicry?Gabriel Marceau
Service de Gastroenterologie, Hepatologie et nutrition, Hopital Sainte Justine, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Hepatology 42:675-82. 2005Anti-liver-kidney microsome type 1 (LKM1) autoantibodies directed against the cytochrome P450 2D6 (CYP2D6) are considered specific markers of type 2 autoimmune hepatitis, but are also found in 5% of sera from patients chronically ..
- Characterization of variant alleles of cytochrome CYP2D6 in a Spanish populationAnna Menoyo
Servei de Genètica, Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, Barcelona, Spain
Cell Biochem Funct 24:381-5. 2006The CYP2D6 gene codes for a P450 monooxygenase which is involved in the biotransformation of a large number of commonly prescribed drugs. Adverse drug effects and therapeutic failure can be related to abnormal CYP2D6 activity...
- Polymorphisms in the 5-hydroxytryptamine 2A receptor and CytochromeP4502D6 genes synergistically predict fluvoxamine-induced side effects in japanese depressed patientsYutaro Suzuki
Department of Psychiatry, Niigata University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Niigata, Japan
Neuropsychopharmacology 31:825-31. 2006..associated with the side effects induced by fluvoxamine, since the plasma fluvoxamine concentration depends on a CYP2D6 gene polymorphism...
- Crystal structure of human cytochrome P450 2D6Paul Rowland
Department of Discovery Research, GlaxoSmithKline, New Frontiers Science Park, Third Avenue, Harlow, Essex CM19 5AW, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 281:7614-22. 2006b>Cytochrome P450 2D6 is a heme-containing enzyme that is responsible for the metabolism of at least 20% of known drugs. Substrates of 2D6 typically contain a basic nitrogen and a planar aromatic ring...
- Pharmacogenetics of tamoxifen biotransformation is associated with clinical outcomes of efficacy and hot flashesMatthew P Goetz
Department of Oncology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:9312-8. 2005..Polymorphisms in tamoxifen metabolizing genes affect the plasma concentration of tamoxifen metabolites, but their effect on clinical outcome is unknown...
- Impact of the CYP2D6 polymorphism on steady-state plasma concentrations and clinical outcome of donepezil in Alzheimer's disease patientsFederica Varsaldi
DISCAFF Department, Amedeo Avogadro University of Eastern Piedmont, Via Bovio, 6, 28100 Novara, Italy
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 62:721-6. 2006The aims of this study were to evaluate the impact of the CYP2D6 polymorphism on both the steady-state plasma concentrations (Cp) and the clinical outcome of donepezil, a selective acetylcholinesterase inhibitor used in the treatment of ..
- Association of CYP2D6 ultrarapid metabolizer genotype with deficient patient satisfaction regarding methadone maintenance treatmentJosé Pérez de Los Cobos
Addictive Behaviors Unit Psychiatry Department, Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, Avda Sant Antoni M Claret 167, 08025 Barcelona, Spain
Drug Alcohol Depend 89:190-4. 2007The activity of cytochrome P-450 enzyme 2D6 (CYP2D6) could be related to heroin-dependent patient satisfaction with methadone maintenance treatment...
- Genetic variants of CYP3A5, CYP2D6, SULT1A1, UGT2B15 and tamoxifen response in postmenopausal patients with breast cancerPia Wegman
Department of Biomedicine and Surgery, Division of Cell Biology, Faculty of Health Sciences, Linkoping University, 581 85 Linkoping, Sweden
Breast Cancer Res 9:R7. 2007..the prognostic and/or predictive value of functional polymorphisms in cytochrome P450 3A5 CYP3A5 (*3), CYP2D6 (*4), sulphotransferase 1A1 (SULT1A1; *2) and UDP-glucuronosyltransferase 2B15 (UGT2B15; *2) in tamoxifen-treated ..
- Cytochrome P4502D6 (CYP2D6) gene locus heterogeneity: characterization of gene duplication eventsA Gaedigk
Section of Developmental Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, The Children s Mercy Hospital and Clinics, Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 81:242-51. 2007Duplications and multiplications of active CYP2D6 genes can cause ultrarapid drug metabolism and lead to therapeutic failure. Multiple functional and non-functional duplication alleles have been further characterized...
- [Polymorphisms in the genes of cytochrome oxidase P450 2D6 (CYP2D6), paraoxonase 1 (PON1) and apolipoprotein E (APOE) as risk factors for Parkinson's disease]Gordana Durić
Zdravstveni Centar Uzice, Uzice, Srbija
Vojnosanit Pregl 64:25-30. 2007..The aim of this study was to examine the effects of polymorphisms in the genes of cytohrome P450 2D6(CYP2D6), paraoxonase 1 (PON 1) and apolipoprotein E (APOE), as risk factors for PD.
- Genetic polymorphism of CYP2D6 influences susceptibility to papillary thyroid cancerManuel C Lemos
Centro de Investigação em Ciências da Saúde CICS, Faculdade de Ciencias da Saude, Universidade da Beira Interior, 6200 506 Covilha, Portugal
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 67:180-3. 2007..A common polymorphism of cytochrome P450 2D6 (CYP2D6) results in lack of enzyme activity and has been associated with an altered susceptibility to ..
- Clinical implications of CYP2D6 genotypes predictive of tamoxifen pharmacokinetics in metastatic breast cancerHyeong Seok Lim
Research Institute and Hospital, National Cancer Center, Madu1 dong, Ilsan gu, Goyang si, Gyeonggi Do, Republic of Korea
J Clin Oncol 25:3837-45. 2007The CYP3A and CYP2D6 enzymes play a major role in converting tamoxifen to its active metabolites. CYP3A is a highly inducible enzyme, regulated mainly by pregnane X receptor (PXR)...
- The CYP2D6 activity score: translating genotype information into a qualitative measure of phenotypeA Gaedigk
Section of Developmental Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Children s Mercy Hospital and Clinics, Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 83:234-42. 2008Inferring CYP2D6 phenotype from genotype is increasingly challenging, considering the growing number of alleles and their range of activity...
- Impact of CYP2D6*10 on recurrence-free survival in breast cancer patients receiving adjuvant tamoxifen therapyKazuma Kiyotani
Laboratory for Pharmacogenetics, SNP Research Center, The Institute of Physical and Chemical Research RIKEN, Tokyo 108 8639, Japan
Cancer Sci 99:995-9. 2008The clinical outcomes of breast cancer patients treated with tamoxifen may be influenced by the activity of cytochrome P450 2D6 (CYP2D6) enzyme because tamixifen is metabolized by CYP2D6 to its active forms of antiestrogenic metabolite, ..
- Association between CYP2D6 *10 genotype and survival of breast cancer patients receiving tamoxifen treatmentY Xu
Ann Oncol 19:1423-9. 2008Human cytochrome P450 2D6 (CYP2D6) genotype may affect the efficacy of tamoxifen treatment in Caucasian women with breast cancer. The most common polymorphism of CYP2D6 in Chinese women is variant 10 (188 C to T).
- Pharmacogenomic variation of CYP2D6 and the choice of optimal adjuvant endocrine therapy for postmenopausal breast cancer: a modeling analysisRinaa S Punglia
Department of Radiation Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Brigham and Women s Hospital, 44 Binney St, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 100:642-8. 2008..could be due to differences in tamoxifen metabolism because levels of endoxifen, the active tamoxifen metabolite, vary with the number of mutant alleles, including the *4 allele, of the gene encoding cytochrome P450 2D6 (CYP2D6).
- Naturalistic pharmacogenetic study of treatment resistance to typical neuroleptics in European-Brazilian schizophrenicsFabiana B Kohlrausch
Department of Genetics, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, Brazil
Pharmacogenet Genomics 18:599-609. 2008This study aimed to explore the influence of variation in DRD2, DRD3, CYP2D6, CYP3A4, and CYP3A5 genes on treatment resistance to typical neuroleptics in a Brazilian sample of patients with schizophrenia.
- Impaired tamoxifen metabolism reduces survival in familial breast cancer patientsWilliam G Newman
Department of Medical Genetics, St Mary s Hospital, University of Manchester, Manchester, United Kingdom
Clin Cancer Res 14:5913-8. 2008..of tamoxifen to its active metabolite, endoxifen, is reduced by low activity of the cytochrome P450 enzyme, CYP2D6. We examined the effect of reduced CYP2D6 activity on the response to tamoxifen in patients with familial early-..
- Pharmacogenetic variation at CYP2C9, CYP2C19, and CYP2D6 at global and microgeographic scalesJohanna Sistonen
Department of Forensic Medicine, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Pharmacogenet Genomics 19:170-9. 2009CYP2C9, CYP2C19, and CYP2D6 belong to a subfamily of cytochrome P450 (CYP) enzymes, associated mainly with the metabolism of exogenous compounds in the human body...
- Association between CYP2D6 genotype and tamoxifen-induced hot flashes in a prospective cohortN Lynn Henry
Breast Oncology Program, University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 117:571-5. 2009Women with reduced CYP2D6 activity have low endoxifen concentrations and likely worse long term benefits from tamoxifen. We investigated the association between CYP2D6 genotype and tamoxifen-induced hot flashes in a prospective cohort...
- Genetic polymorphisms of CYP2D6 10 and CYP2C19 2, 3 are not associated with prognosis, endometrial thickness, or bone mineral density in Japanese breast cancer patients treated with adjuvant tamoxifenMasatsugu Okishiro
Department of Breast and Endocrine Surgery, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka, Japan
Cancer 115:952-61. 2009..the impact of the genetic polymorphisms cytochrome P450 (CYP) family 2, subfamily D, polypeptide 6, allele 10 (CYP2D6 10) and CYP family 2, subfamily C, polypeptide 19, allele 2, 3 (CYP2C19 2, 3) on disease recurrence in patients ..
- Polymorphisms of xenobiotic metabolizing enzymes and DNA repair genes and outcome in childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemiaVanessa da Silva Silveira
Department of Genetics, Faculty of Medicine of Ribeirao Preto, University of Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, SP, Brazil
Leuk Res 33:898-901. 2009..We investigated whether ALL outcome was related to polymorphisms in genes CYP2D6, MPO, EPHX1, NQO1, TS, XPD and XRCC1 in 95 consecutive ALL children by PCR or PCR-FRLP techniques...
- Novel variants of major drug-metabolising enzyme genes in diverse African populations and their predicted functional effectsAlice Matimba
African Institute of Biomedical Science and Technology AiBST, Harare, Zimbabwe
Hum Genomics 3:169-90. 2009..The aim of the present study was to search for novel variants of CYP2C9 , CYP2C19 , CYP2D6 and NAT2 genes in Africans, with a particular focus on their prevalence in different populations, their relevance ..
- DNA microarray technology in the clinical environment: the AmpliChip CYP450 test for CYP2D6 and CYP2C19 genotypingJose de Leon
Mental Health Research Center, Eastern State Hospital, Lexington, KY 40508, USA
CNS Spectr 14:19-34. 2009..The objectives of this study were to identify CYP2D6 and CYP2C19 alleles and phenotypes in a psychiatric patient population in Kentucky, and to describe practical ..
- Impact of CYP2D6 polymorphisms in tamoxifen adjuvant breast cancer treatmentT Ramon Y Cajal
Servicio de Oncologia Medica, Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Breast Cancer Res Treat 119:33-8. 2010The aim of this study is to evaluate the impact of CYP2D6 genotyping in predicting disease-free survival and toxicity in breast cancer patients treated with adjuvant tamoxifen...
- The CYP2D6*4 polymorphism affects breast cancer survival in tamoxifen usersMonique J Bijl
Department of Epidemiology, Erasmus MC, P O Box 2040, 3000 CA, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Breast Cancer Res Treat 118:125-30. 2009b>Cytochrome P450 2D6 (CYP2D6) plays an important role in the formation of endoxifen, the active metabolite of tamoxifen...
- Novel DNA sequence variations of cytochrome P450 genes in the Han Chinese populationHui Hung Wang
Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Academia Sinica, No 128, Sec 2, Academia Road, Nankang, Taipei 11529, Taiwan
Pharmacogenomics 10:359-74. 2009..The aim of this study was to systematically investigate the DNA sequence variations in 14 cytochrome P450 genes relevant to drug metabolism in the Han Chinese population...
- No association between CYP2D6*10 genotype and survival of node-negative Japanese breast cancer patients receiving adjuvant tamoxifen treatmentTatsuya Toyama
Department of Oncology, Immunology and Surgery, Nagoya City University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Nagoya, Japan
Jpn J Clin Oncol 39:651-6. 2009The CYP2D6 enzyme plays a major role in converting tamoxifen to its active metabolites. We investigated whether there is an association between the CYP2D6*10 allele and clinical outcome in node-negative Japanese breast cancer patients.
- Frequency of five important CYP2D6 alleles within an Iranian population (Eastern Azerbaijan)Hamed Kouhi
Faculty of Pharmacy, Research Center for Pharmaceutical Nanotechnology, Tabriz University Medical Science, Tabriz, Iran
Genet Test Mol Biomarkers 13:665-70. 2009..Human CYP2D6 enzyme is claimed to be polymorphically expressed among different ethnic groups...
- Impact of the CYP2D6 genotype on post-operative intravenous oxycodone analgesiaS T Zwisler
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care, Odense University Hospital, Odense, Denmark
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 54:232-40. 2010..Oxycodone is metabolized to its active metabolite oxymorphone by O-demethylation via the polymorphic CYP2D6. The aim of this study was to investigate whether CYP2D6 poor metabolizers (PMs) yield the same analgesia post-..
- Molecular diversity at the CYP2D6 locus in healthy and schizophrenic southern BraziliansFabiana B Kohlrausch
Departamento de Genetica, Instituto de Biociencias, UFRGS, 91501 970 Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
Pharmacogenomics 10:1457-66. 2009..and frequency is required to effectively translate pharmacogenetics to the clinic and given the paucity of CYP2D6 data in the Brazilian population, the purpose of this research was to characterize CYP2D6 alleles and genotype ..
- Association between CYP2D6 polymorphisms and outcomes among women with early stage breast cancer treated with tamoxifenWerner Schroth
Dr Margarete Fischer Bosch Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, Auerbachstrasse 112, 70376 Stuttgart, Germany
JAMA 302:1429-36. 2009..The formation of active metabolites is catalyzed by the polymorphic cytochrome P450 2D6 (CYP2D6) enzyme.
- Polymorphism of human cytochrome P450 2D6 and its clinical significance: part IIShu Feng Zhou
School of Health Sciences, RMIT University, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Clin Pharmacokinet 48:761-804. 2009..of this article discussed the potential functional importance of genetic mutations and alleles of the human cytochrome P450 2D6 (CYP2D6) gene...
- Significant effect of polymorphisms in CYP2D6 and ABCC2 on clinical outcomes of adjuvant tamoxifen therapy for breast cancer patientsKazuma Kiyotani
Laboratories for Pharmacogenetics, Genotyping Development, and Medical Informatics, RIKEN Center for Genomic Medicine, Yokohama, Japan
J Clin Oncol 28:1287-93. 2010..We investigated relationships of polymorphisms in transporter genes and CYP2D6 to clinical outcome of patients receiving tamoxifen.
- Association of polymorphism in cytochrome P450 2D6 and N-acetyltransferase-2 with Parkinson's diseaseMadhu Singh
Developmental Toxicology Division, Indian Institute of Toxicology Research formerly Industrial Toxicology Research Centre, CSIR, PO Box 80, MG Marg, Lucknow 226 001, India
Dis Markers 28:87-93. 2010The present case-control study was carried out to investigate the association of polymorphism in cytochrome P450 2D6 (CYP2D6) and N-acteyltransferase-2 (NAT2}, that are involved in the metabolism and detoxification of chemicals causing ..
- Limited effects of frequent CYP2D6*36-*10 tandem duplication allele on in vivo dextromethorphan metabolism in a Japanese populationKazuma Kiyotani
Laboratory for Pharmacogenetics, RIKEN Center for Medicine, Yokohama 230 0045, Japan
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 66:1065-8. 2010although CYP2D6*36 was thought to be one of the alleles causing the poor metabolizer phenotype, several in vitro studies clarified that the enzyme produced by CYP2D6*36 showed enzymatic activities...
- CYP2D6 gene variants: association with breast cancer specific survival in a cohort of breast cancer patients from the United Kingdom treated with adjuvant tamoxifenJean E Abraham
Department of Oncology, Strangeways Research Laboratory, University of Cambridge, 2 Worts Causeway, Cambridge, CB1 8RN, UK
Breast Cancer Res 12:R64. 2010..Its metabolism involves the phase I enzyme, cytochrome P4502D6 (CYP2D6), encoded by the highly polymorphic CYP2D6 gene...
- Impact of CYP2D6*4 genotype on progression free survival in tamoxifen breast cancer treatmentJulia Carolin Stingl
Institute of Pharmacology of Natural Compounds and Clinical Pharmacology, University Ulm, Germany
Curr Med Res Opin 26:2535-42. 2010The cytochrome P450 2D6 (CYP2D6) polymorphism was reported to have a significant impact on outcome of tamoxifen treatment in estrogen receptor positive breast cancer patients...
- Role of cytochrome P4502D6 functional polymorphisms in the efficacy of donepezil in patients with Alzheimer's diseaseDavide Seripa
Geriatric Unit and Gerontology Geriatrics Research Laboratory, Department of Medical Sciences, IRCCS Casa Sollievo della Sofferenza, San Giovanni Rotondo FG, Italy
Pharmacogenet Genomics 21:225-30. 2011..Functional polymorphisms in the CYP2D6 gene may affect enzyme activity and thus, the metabolism of donepezil...
- Novel cytochrome P450-2D6 promoter sequence variations in hepatitis C positive and negative subjectsMartin T Ho
Department of Pharmaceutics, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195 7610, USA
Ann Hepatol 10:327-32. 2011CYP2D6 is a liver enzyme that metabolizes more that 25% of drugs and thus may play a pivotal role in drug-drug interactions. The promoter sequences of cytochrome P450 2D6 (CYP2D6) gene could impact metabolic activity.
- Effect of CYP2D6 polymorphisms on breast cancer recurrencePhuong K Morrow
Department of Breast Medical Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cancer 118:1221-7. 2012Previous studies evaluating the effect of cytochrome P450 2D6 (CYP2D6) polymorphisms on outcomes of adjuvant tamoxifen therapy have been conflicting due to differences in study design, concomitant medications that alter CYP2D6 metabolism,..
- Pharmacogenetics of MethadoneC Devane; Fiscal Year: 2003..AGP), 5) the cortisol ratio as a surrogate marker of cytochrome P-450 (CYP) 3A4 activity, and 6) genotype of CYP2D6. A rigorous pharmacokinetic study of methadone disposition will be completed in healthy volunteer women and the ..
- YVONNE SARAH LIN; Fiscal Year: 2014DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Cytochrome P450 2D6 (CYP2D6) is involved in the metabolism of approximately 25% of drugs used clinically several of which are commonly used in children of various ages...
- Mariana Cherner; Fiscal Year: 2014..applicant): Despite being the primary enzyme involved in methamphetamine (meth) metabolism, cytochrome P450-2D6 (CYP2D6) has not been studied (outside of our own work) with regard to its role in meth-related brain dysfunction...
- Tamoxifen biotransformation pathway pharmacogenomicsMATTHEW PHILIP GOETZ; Fiscal Year: 2013..clinical practice, and demonstrated a significantly higher risk of disease recurrence for women with decreased CYP2D6 metabolism...
- Mariana Cherner; Fiscal Year: 2015DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Although cytochrome P450-2D6 (CYP2D6) is the primary enzyme responsible for methamphetamine (meth) metabolism, no work has been conducted outside of our group on its role in meth-related brain ..
- John A Zebala; Fiscal Year: 2016..M1 and its opioid activity is critically dependent on the polymorphic isoenzyme of the debrisoquine-type, cytochrome P450 2D6 (CYP2D6). Approximately 10% of Caucasians have a genotype that results in reduced activity of CYP2D6...
- Targeted Pharmacologic Interventions for AutismChristopher J McDougle; Fiscal Year: 2011..4. Genetic polymorphisms of the cytochrome P450 2D6 gene will be analyzed to determine their relationship to response and tolerability to atomoxetine...
- Impact CYP2D6 Phenotype on Response to Methamphetamine in HumansAlison Oliveto; Fiscal Year: 2013..METH is initially metabolized via the cytochrome P450 2D6 (CYP2D6) enzyme system, which has several clinically relevant genetic variants;however, to our knowledge, ..
- Genetics of Monooxygenase Activity & Methamphetamine-Related Brain Injury in HIVMariana Cherner; Fiscal Year: 2010..Cytochrome P450-2D6 (CYP2D6) and flavin-containing monooxygenase-3 FMO3 are involved in the oxidative metabolism of a number of psychoactive ..
- CYTOCHROME P450 2D6 VARIANTS IN NEUROTOXICITYTimothy Macdonald; Fiscal Year: 1999DESCRIPTION: (Adapted from Applicant's Abstract): The goal of this research is to elucidate the role that cytochrome P450 2D6 variants may play in neurotoxicity and neurodegenerative diseases...
- Breath Test to Rapidly Evaluate 2D6 Enzyme ActivityMITCHELL ZAKIN; Fiscal Year: 2005..b>Cytochrome P450 2D6 (CYP2D6) is a clinically important pathway that has been the subject of intense investigation by virtue of ..
- Overcoming Tramadol Resistance In CYP2D6 Poor MetabolizersJohn A Zebala; Fiscal Year: 2010..M1 and its opioid activity is critically dependent on the polymorphic isoenzyme of the debrisoquine-type, cytochrome P450 2D6 (CYP2D6). Approximately 10% of Caucasians have a genotype that results in reduced activity of CYP2D6...
- Jermaine D Jones; Fiscal Year: 2015..s opioid receptor (OPRM1), proinflammatory cytokine (IL-12), and cytochrome P450 hepatic metabolizing enzymes (CYP2D6)...
- Pharmacogenetic Optimization of Analgesic Prescribing in Sickle Cell DiseaseCheedy Jaja; Fiscal Year: 2013..The study is designed to test the central hypothesis that deficient cytochrome CYP2C9, CYP2C19 and CYP2D6 metabolic phenotypes and suboptimal analgesic prescribing are positively associated with ED visits in SCD patients;..
- ANDREW CLARK DEAN; Fiscal Year: 2014..in Meth abuse is the gene which codes for the enzyme Cytochrome P450, family 2, subfamily D, polypeptide 6 (CYP2D6). CYP2D6 is the primary enzyme to catalyze Meth metabolism by hydroxylation and demethylation...
- Todd C Skaar; Fiscal Year: 2016..that are associated with the documented developmental changes in a single, but critical drug-metabolizing enzyme: CYP2D6. 4) To use in vitro miRNA bioassays to functionally test the predicted miRNA regulation of CYP2D6 expression...
- Pharmacogenetics of Tamoxifen and Chemotherapies and Risk of Contralateral BreastJane C Figueiredo; Fiscal Year: 2010..We consider functional polymorphisms in the following key genes involved in the metabolism of tamoxifen (i.e., CYP2D6, CYP3A5, SULT1A1, UGT2B15) and drugs commonly used in polychemotherapy regimens for breast cancer including: ..
- URGEJennifer Marie Wu; Fiscal Year: 2013..Specifically, fesoterodine is metabolized by a well characterized cytochrome P450 (CYP) enzyme, CYP2D6. The CYP2D6 gene has several genetic variants, which result in different metabolizer statuses...
- Clinical Relevance of Cytochrome P450 PharmacogeneticsDavid Flockhart; Fiscal Year: 2009..area of cytochrome P450 pharmacogenetics, focusing on two enzymes known to possess clear functional polymorphisms: CYP2D6 and CYP3A5, and one where more research is necessary: CYP2B6...
- Laura L Furge; Fiscal Year: 2015..b>CYP2D6 is one of the significant drug metabolizing enzymes responsible for metabolism of ~25% of pharmaceutical compounds ..
- Hyunyoung Jeong; Fiscal Year: 2015..Of note, E2 and PRG do not recapitulate all the changes in drug metabolism during pregnancy, such as induction of CYP2D6 activity. This indicates that as yet unknown factors regulate CYP expression during pregnancy...
- Jashvant D Unadkat; Fiscal Year: 2016..and transport of both illicit and licit drugs in the liver or the placenta, namely CYP3A (Project 1), CYP2B6 and CYP2D6 (Project 2), P-gp and BCRP (Project 3), and OCTS, NET, and SERT (Project 4)...
- JUNG JA P KIM; Fiscal Year: 2016..Aim 2: To determine the crystal structures of complexes of CYPOR with CYP2D6, CYP3A4, CYP2B4, and human HO-1...
- Twist-Biosensor: Novel single molecule microarray technology for DNA genotypingALFREDO ANDRES CELEDON; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our approach will be to build and characterize a prototype device able to genotype three SNPs of the CYP2D6 gene, which is the most prevalent genomic biomarker found on drug labels. About 13% of patients in the U.S...
- Drug Interactions and Bioavailability of CranberryJennifer Donovan; Fiscal Year: 2005..The CYP isoforms to be studied, CYP3A4, CYP2D6 and CYP1A2, are involved in the metabolism of >80% of marketed prescription and over the counter medications...
- GUALBERTO RUANO; Fiscal Year: 2016..RCT) to compare outcomes in patients with major depressive disorder (MDD) treated according to the patient's CYP2D6 genotype status versus empiric "standard-of- care" psychotropic therapy...
- Kathleen E Malone; Fiscal Year: 2014..The enzymes that most affect the conversion of TAM to its key metabolites are CYP2D6, CYP3A4, CYP3A5, but other important phase I and II enzymes include CYP2C9, CYP2C19, CYP2B6, CYP1B1, UGT2B7, ..
- Jianping Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2016..Specifically, patients with schizophrenia will be recruited and genotyped for CYP2D6 prospectively...
- AGING AND CYP-MEDIATED HERB-DRUG INTERACTIONSBill Gurley; Fiscal Year: 1999..John's wort modulate specific hepatic CYP activities (i.e. CYP1A2, CYP2D6, CYP2E1, and CYP3A4); and (2) whether aging potentiates the risk of CYP-mediated herb-drug interactions...
- DIET AND GENETIC RISKS FOR LUNG CANCERRuth Patterson; Fiscal Year: 2002..e., CYP2D6, CYP2El, CYP1Al, GSTM1, GSTT1, and EH)...
- Effects of Ginseng and Ginkgo on Drug Disposition in ManAryeh Hurwitz; Fiscal Year: 2003..will be given a 4-drug probe cocktail: caffeine to study cytochrome P4501A2 (CYP1A2), dextromethorphan for CYP2D6, buspirone (and endogenous cortisol) for CYP3A and fexofenadine for P-glycoprotein...
- FUNCTIONAL EFFECTS OF ALLELIC VARIATION IN HUMAN CYP2D6ROBERT HAINING; Fiscal Year: 2001..b>CYP2D6 is polymorphically expressed in human liver, lung and brain, with over 17 distinct alleles described in the ..
- Breath Test for CYP2D6 Activity in Candidates for Tamoxifen TherapyDavid Rosen; Fiscal Year: 2009..successfully demonstrating the feasibility of a rapid, 13C labeled dextromethorphan (DM) breath test to assess CYP2D6 enzyme activity...
- CYTOCHROME P450 ACTIVITY IN THE FIRST YEAR OF LIFEJAMES LEEDER; Fiscal Year: 1999..applicant's description): This proposal targets the ontogeny of one specific P450, the polymorphically expressed CYP2D6, that is responsible for the biotransformation of approximately 25% of drugs used therapeutically...
- DEXTROMETHORPHAN--STIMULUS PROPERTIES & PHARMACOKINETICSWILLIAM WESSINGER; Fiscal Year: 2000..S. population are deficient in the liver enzyme that catalyzes its metabolism (CYP2D6)...
- Effect of Diet on Drug Metabolism in InfantsMichael Blake; Fiscal Year: 2003..infants being administered caffeine for the treatment of apnea, 2) Determine the relative activity of CYP1A2 and CYP2D6 between healthy breast-fed and formula-fed infants receiving subtherapeutic doses of caffeine and dextromethorphan,..
- Narayan G Avadhani; Fiscal Year: 2016..Results also show that mt-CYP2D6 may have activity for the metabolism of neurotoxin MPTP and other drugs...
- Modification of tamoxifen effectiveness by gene polymorphisms and other drugsTimothy Lash; Fiscal Year: 2009..the rates of breast cancer recurrence in women (1) with genetic polymorphisms that reduce the enzyme function of CYP2D6, CYP3A5, or CYP2C9 to the rates of breast cancer recurrence in women who do not have these polymorphisms, (2) with ..
- Sheila A Weinmann; Fiscal Year: 2014..is metabolized to the active metabolite endoxifen through enzymatic activity of a P450 gene, cytochrome 2D6 (CYP2D6), which has numerous variant alleles...
- Hepatic Metabolism and Susceptibility to Ecstasy ToxicityTerrence J Monks; Fiscal Year: 2012..In humans, the phase I (CYP2D6) and phase II (COMT) enzymes responsible for MDMA metabolism are polymorphic, exhibiting significant inter-..
- Development of DNA Sequence Data-Quality Metrics for Personal GenomicsBRIAN THOMAS NAUGHTON; Fiscal Year: 2012..g., GBA), paralogs (e.g., SMN1, CYP2D6) or for unknown reasons (e.g., APOE)...
- Vanessa B Sheppard; Fiscal Year: 2015..In an exploratory aim we will evaluate whether CYP2D6 polymorphisms are associated with side-effects among women on Tamoxifen, and if so, determine effect size ..
- Drug Metabolism and Chronic Liver DiseaseRobert Branch; Fiscal Year: 2005..Part 1: A cocktail to include: caffeine (CYP1A2), flurbiprofen (CYP2C9), mephenytoin (CYP2C19), debrisoquine (CYP2D6), chlorzoxazone (CYP2E1) and dapsone (acetylation)...
- Eric C Strain; Fiscal Year: 2014..The use of tramadol in this way is novel and innovative. In addition, the study includes CYP2D6 genotyping of participants, which will be used as a stratification variable given tramadol's metabolism by ..
- Comparative effectiveness in genomic & personalized medicine for colon cancerEvelyn P Whitlock; Fiscal Year: 2010..apply to other cancer-related genetic or molecular tests in the future, such as UGT1A1 testing, or Oncotype DX and CYP2D6 testing for breast cancer...
- Human Brain CYP P450s and Psychoactive Drug MetabolismHENRY STROBEL; Fiscal Year: 2007..Recently a unique CYP2D form has been identified as expressed only in the brain of 9 out of 20 cadaveric donors examined...
- PHARMACOGENETICS AND RESPONSE TO THERAPY IN OLDER ADULTSSUSAN HECKBERT; Fiscal Year: 2000..Genotypes of the cytochrome P450 CYP2D6 which are associated with slow metabolizer status may confer increased susceptibility to the adverse ..
- Absorption and Metabolism of Oral Codeine in Mechanically Ventilated NeonatesJacob Aranda; Fiscal Year: 2009..Genotype analysis will comprise CYP2D6 and UGT2B7, the two major enzymes involved in the biotransformation of codeine and morphine...
- DRUG METABOLIZING ENZYMES-RISK FACTORS IN BLADDER CANCERRobert Branch; Fiscal Year: 2004..drug metabolizing enzymes using the Pittsburgh cocktail that comprises CYP1A2 (caffeine), CYP2C19 (S-mephenytoin), CYP2D6 (debrisoquine), CYP2E1 (chlorzoxazone) and CYP3A4 (dapsone), as well as mRNA concentrations for each of these CYP ..
- Maintenance Treatment for Smoking CessationJoel Killen; Fiscal Year: 2004..These include CYP2D6, the serotonin transporter, the dopamine transporter, dopamine D2 receptor, and the dopamine D4 receptor...
- STUDIES ON THE HALOGENATED AROMATIC HYDROCARBONSALAN POLAND; Fiscal Year: 1990..The induction of the microsomal monooxygenase, aryl hydrocarbon hydroxylase (AHH) activity, and other coordinately expressed enzymes, and the ..
- PHARMACOGENETIC RISK FACTORS IN DRUG ABUSE--CYP VARIANTSEdward Sellers; Fiscal Year: 2000..Abstract) The objective of this work is to determine the importance of human polymorphic cytochrome P450 CYP2D6, CYP2A6 and CYP2C19 drug metabolizing enzymes in drug abuse and dependence...
- MOLECULAR EPIDEMIOLOGY OF PROSTATE CANCERTimothy Rebbeck; Fiscal Year: 1999..These genes include cytochromes P450 (e.g. CYP1A1, CYP2D6, and CYP2E1) and the mu or theta classes of the glutathione-S-transferases...
- CHEMOPREVENTIVE AGENTS AND HUMAN CYTOCHROME P450 IN VIVOGRANT WILKINSON; Fiscal Year: 2002..in vivo probes will be CYP1A2 (caffeine), CYP2A6 (coumarin), CYP2C9 (tolbutamide), CYP2C19 (mephenytoin), CYP2D6 (debrisoquine), CYP2E1(chlorzoxazone) and CYP3A(midazolam)...
- Pharmacogenetics in Tourette SyndromHarvey Singer; Fiscal Year: 2004..In this study, genetic variations of metabolizing enzymes (CYP2D6), dopamine & serotonin transporters (DAT, 5-HTT) dopamine receptors (D2, D3, D4) and serotonin receptors (..
- CONTINUATION PHARMACOTHERAPY FOR AGITATION OF DEMENTIABruce Pollock; Fiscal Year: 2004..with inter-individual allelic variations in the serotonin transporter promoter, serotonin 2N2C receptors, and CYP2D6 drug metabolizing isoenzyme...
- Cytochrome P450 Polymorphism and Nicotine MetabolismHUIJUN RING; Fiscal Year: 2004..The family of CYP450 enzymes, including CYP2A6, CYP2B6 and CYP2D6, play a pivotal role in nicotine metabolism...
- GENETIC DIFFERENCES IN ALZHEIMERS CASES AND CONTROLSWalter Kukull; Fiscal Year: 1999..will examine whether AD association with solvents or cigarette smoking is modified by polymorphic forms of CYP1A1, CYP2D6, CYP2E1, and GST-T1...
- CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY OF METHAMPHETAMINE STEREOISOMERSJohn Mendelson; Fiscal Year: 2003..be attenuated by a SSRI; and 5) methamphetamine clearance can be competitively inhibited by agents metabolized by CYP2D6. Four separate studies will be carried out in human volunteers experienced with methamphetamine effects...
- CLONING AND CHARACTERIZATION OF HUMAN CYP25Norman Bell; Fiscal Year: 2005..The fact that porcine CYP25 cDNA has 83 percent homology with human CYP2D6 cDNA, a cytochrome P450 microsomal enzyme that plays a role in drug metabolism, has interfered with cloning of ..
- Genetic Profiles for Perioperative ApplicationsROBERT KWIATKOWSKI; Fiscal Year: 2001..in patient responses to neuromuscular blocking agents (BChE, RYR1, CACNA1S), opioids and antiarrythmics (CYP2D6), nitrous oxide (MTHFR, MTR, MTRR, CBS), volatile anesthetics (RYR1, CACNA1s), and the risk and severity of sepsis ..
- ENVIRONMENTAL AND GENETIC DETERMINANTS OF BREAST CANCERJo Freudenheim; Fiscal Year: 1993..genetic polymorphisms of enzymes involved in carcinogen metabolism and detoxification (the cytochrome P450 enzymes CYP2D6 and CYP1A1, and glutathione-S-transferase) will be examined...
- Development of an animal model for autoimmune hepatitisUrs Christen; Fiscal Year: 2007..of AIH is the presence of liver/kidney microsomal antibodies that recognize the cytochrome P450 isoform 2D6 (CYP2D6) as a major target autoantigen...
- Vascular depression and magnetic stimulation therapyRobert Robinson; Fiscal Year: 2005..treatment patients will be genotyped using P450 oligonucleotide microassays for substitutions that affect the CYP2D6 enzyme, which metabolizes nortriptyline...