Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CYP2C19
Description: cytochrome P450 family 2 subfamily C member 19
Alias: CPCJ, CYP2C, CYPIIC17, CYPIIC19, P450C2C, P450IIC19, cytochrome P450 2C19, (R)-limonene 6-monooxygenase, (S)-limonene 6-monooxygenase, (S)-limonene 7-monooxygenase, S-mephenytoin 4-hydroxylase, cytochrome P-450 II C, cytochrome P450, family 2, subfamily C, polypeptide 19, cytochrome P450, subfamily IIC (mephenytoin 4-hydroxylase), polypeptide 19, cytochrome P450-11A, cytochrome P450-254C, flavoprotein-linked monooxygenase, mephenytoin 4'-hydroxylase, mephenytoin 4-hydroxylase, microsomal monooxygenase, xenobiotic monooxygenase
Publications260 found, 100 shown here
- A new genetic defect in human CYP2C19: mutation of the initiation codon is responsible for poor metabolism of S-mephenytoinR J Ferguson
National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 284:356-61. 1998..Two defective CYP2C19 alleles, CYP2C19*2 and CYP2C19*3, have been described which account for approximately 87% of Caucasian and > ..
- Effect of different proton pump inhibitors, differences in CYP2C19 genotype and antibiotic resistance on the eradication rate of Helicobacter pylori infection by a 1-week regimen of proton pump inhibitor, amoxicillin and clarithromycinH Kawabata
Department of Gastroenterology, Kyoto Second Red Cross Hospital, Japan
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 17:259-64. 2003To investigate the effect of different proton pump inhibitors, S-mephenytoin 4'-hydroxylase (CYP2C19) genotype and antibiotic susceptibility on the eradication rate of Helicobacter pylori.
- Association of cyclophosphamide pharmacokinetics to polymorphic cytochrome P450 2C19R Timm
Institute of Pharmacology, Ernst Moritz Arndt University Greifswald, Germany
Pharmacogenomics J 5:365-73. 2005..global and a population pharmacokinetic model considering functionally relevant polymorphisms of CYP2B6, CYP2C9, CYP2C19, CYP3A5, and GSTA1...
- Genetic determinants of response to clopidogrel and cardiovascular eventsTabassome Simon
Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Saint Antoine, and Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris 06, France
N Engl J Med 360:363-75. 2009..The effect of these determinants on clinical outcomes after an acute myocardial infarction is unknown...
- Effects of CYP2C19, MDR1, and interleukin 1-B gene variants on the eradication rate of Helicobacter pylori infection by triple therapy with pantoprazole, amoxicillin, and metronidazoleBarbara Gawronska-Szklarz
Department of Pharmacology, Pomeranian Medical University, Powstancow Wlkp 72, 70 111, Szczecin, Poland
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 66:681-7. 2010..Aim of the present study was to evaluate an association of CYP2C19, MDR1, and IL-1B polymorphisms with the eradication rate of H...
- Relation of genetic polymorphisms in the cytochrome P450 gene with clopidogrel resistance after drug-eluting stent implantation in KoreansJung Myung Lee
Division of Cardiology, Cardiovascular Genome Center, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Am J Cardiol 104:46-51. 2009..In all subjects, the CYP2C19*3A allele was significantly more prevalent in the clopidogrel-resistant group compared with the clopidogrel-..
- Common polymorphisms of CYP2C19 and CYP2C9 affect the pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic response to clopidogrel but not prasugrelJ T Brandt
Lilly Research Laboratories, Eli Lilly and Company, Indianapolis, IN 46285, USA
J Thromb Haemost 5:2429-36. 2007..The pharmacodynamic response to clopidogrel is more variable than the response to prasugrel, but the reasons for variation in response to clopidogrel are not well characterized...
- Influence of CYP2C19 polymorphism and Helicobacter pylori genotype determined from gastric tissue samples on response to triple therapy for H pylori infectionTakahisa Furuta
First Department of Medicine, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, Hamamatsu, Japan
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 3:564-73. 2005..We intended to determine SNPs of CYP2C19 and 23S rRNA of Helicobacter pylori by using rapid urease test (RUT)-positive gastric mucosal samples.
- Comparisons of CYP2C19 genetic polymorphisms between Korean and Vietnamese populationsSang Seop Lee
Department of Pharmacology and PharmacoGenomics Research Center, Inje University College of Medicine, 655 165 Gaegum dong, Jin gu, Busan 614 735, South Korea
Ther Drug Monit 29:455-9. 2007It is well known that CYP2C19 is an enzyme showing genetic polymorphism that may cause marked interindividual and interethnic variation in the metabolism and disposition of its substrates...
- Kinetics of omeprazole and escitalopram in relation to the CYP2C19*17 allele in healthy subjectsStaffan Ohlsson Rosenborg
Karolinska Institutet, Department of Laboratory Medicine, Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Karolinska University Hospital Huddinge, SE 141 86, Stockholm, Sweden
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 64:1175-9. 2008Ultrarapid drug metabolism of antidepressants has been associated with therapeutic failures. The CYP2C19*17 allele has been associated with higher levels of CYP2C19 gene transcription and increased rates of omeprazole and mephenytoin ..
- A genetic polymorphism of CYP2C19 is associated with susceptibility to biliary tract cancerYoshihiro Isomura
Department of Gastroenterology, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, Japan
J Gastroenterol 45:1045-52. 2010b>Cytochrome P450 2C19 (CYP2C19) is clinically important for the metabolism of many therapeutic drugs. CYP2C19 has two main point mutation sites leading to low metabolic capacity...
- Relationship between cytochrome P450 2C19*2 polymorphism and stent thrombosis following percutaneous coronary intervention in Chinese patients receiving clopidogrelY Luo
Department of Cardiology, Shanghai East Hospital, Tongji University School of Medicine, Shanghai, China
J Int Med Res 39:2012-9. 2011This study investigated the relationship between the cytochrome P450 2C19 (CYP2C19) *2 polymorphism (681A) and definite stent thrombosis (ST) in patients undergoing percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) and receiving clopidogrel (75 mg/..
- No association of paraoxonase-1 Q192R genotypes with platelet response to clopidogrel and risk of stent thrombosis after coronary stentingDirk Sibbing
Deutsches Herzzentrum München and 1 Medizinische Klinik, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technische Universitat Munchen, Lazarettstrasse 36, Munich, Germany
Eur Heart J 32:1605-13. 2011..Q192R) within the paraoxonase-1 (PON1) gene on clopidogrel treatment efficacy but no influence of the CYP2C19*2 genetic variant as previously demonstrated...
- Association of cytochrome P450 2C19 genotype with the antiplatelet effect and clinical efficacy of clopidogrel therapyAlan R Shuldiner
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Nutrition, University of Maryland School of Medicine, 660 W Redwood St, Room 494, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
JAMA 302:849-57. 2009..However, nonresponsiveness is widely recognized and is related to recurrent ischemic events...
- Pharmacogenomics-based tailored versus standard therapeutic regimen for eradication of H. pyloriT Furuta
Center for Clinical Research, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, Hamamatsu, Japan
Clin Pharmacol Ther 81:521-8. 2007..and clarithromycin at standard doses depend on bacterial susceptibility to clarithromycin and patient CYP2C19 genotypes. We examined the usefulness of a personalized therapy for H...
- Biochemistry and molecular biology of the human CYP2C subfamilyJ A Goldstein
National Institutes of Environmental Health Sciences, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709
Pharmacogenetics 4:285-99. 1994..Four members of this subfamily have been identified in humans: CYP2C8, CYP2C9, CYP2C18, and CYP2C19. CYP2C9 is important in the metabolism certain of therapeutically used drugs including the anticoagulant drug ..
- Polymorphisms of drug-metabolizing enzymes CYP2C9, CYP2C19, CYP2D6, CYP1A1, NAT2 and of P-glycoprotein in a Russian populationElena A Gaikovitch
Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, University Clinic Charite, Humboldt University of Berlin, Schumannstrasse 20 21, 10098 Berlin, Germany
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 59:303-12. 2003..However, little is known of the frequency distribution of the major allelic variants in the Russian population...
- CYP2C19 and nongenetic factors predict poor responsiveness to clopidogrel loading dose after coronary stent implantationTobias Geisler
Department of Cardiology, University Hospital Tuebingen, Otfried Mueller Strasse 10, Tuebingen, Germany
Pharmacogenomics 9:1251-9. 2008..To investigate an association of responsiveness to clopidogrel loading dose with genotypes of cytochrome P450 (CYP) 2C19, other CYP isozymes and nongenetic factors in patients with coronary artery disease...
- Allele and genotype frequency of CYP2C19 in a Tamilian populationC Adithan
Pharmacogenomics Laboratory, Department of Pharmacology, Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research, Pondicherry 605006, India
Br J Clin Pharmacol 56:331-3. 2003To investigate the frequencies of CYP2C19*1, CYP2C19*2 and CYP2C19*3 alleles and CYP2C19 genotypes in a Tamilian population.
- Interaction of drug metabolizing cytochrome P450 2D6 poor metabolizers with cytochrome P450 2C9 and 2C19 genotypes modify the susceptibility to head and neck cancer and treatment responseSunishtha S Yadav
Developmental Toxicology Division, Indian Institute of Toxicology Research formerly Industrial Toxicology Research Centre, Council CSIR, P O Box 80, Mahatma Gandhi Marg, Lucknow 226 001, India
Mutat Res 684:49-55. 2010..8) carrying combination of PM genotypes of CYP2D6, CYP2C9 (CYP2C9*2) or CYP2C19 (CYP2C19*2), suggesting that synergism amongst the PM genotypes of drug metabolizing CYPs leads to impairment in ..
- Cytochrome 2C19*17 allelic variant, platelet aggregation, bleeding events, and stent thrombosis in clopidogrel-treated patients with coronary stent placementDirk Sibbing
Deutsches Herzzentrum Munchen, Lazarettstrasse 36, 80636 München, Germany
Circulation 121:512-8. 2010..The cytochrome P450 (CYP) 2C19 isoenzyme plays an important role in clopidogrel metabolization. A recently explored CYP2C19*17 allelic variant has been linked to increased transcriptional activity, resulting in extensive metabolization ..
- Hepatic metabolism and transporter gene variants enhance response to rosuvastatin in patients with acute myocardial infarction: the GEOSTAT-1 StudyKristian M Bailey
Division of Cardiovascular and Diabetes Research, Multidisciplinary Cardiovascular Research Centre, Leeds Institute of Genetics, Health and Therapeutics, University of Leeds, Leeds, United Kingdom
Circ Cardiovasc Genet 3:276-85. 2010..Pharmacogenetics aims to maximize benefits and minimize risks of drug treatment. Our objectives were to examine the influence of common variants of hepatic metabolism and transporter genes on the lipid-lowering response to statin therapy...
- Allele and genotype frequencies of CYP2C9, CYP2C19 and CYP2D6 in an Italian populationMaria Gabriella Scordo
Department of Experimental and Clinical Medicine and Pharmacology, Section of Pharmacology, University of Messina, Torre Biologica, Policlinico Universitario, Via Consolare Valeria Gazzi, 98125 Messina, Italy
Pharmacol Res 50:195-200. 2004..In this study, we determined the genotype profile of a random Italian population in order to compare the CYP2C9, CYP2C19 and CYP2D6 allele frequencies among Italians with previous findings in other Caucasian populations...
- Effect of cytochrome p450 polymorphisms on platelet reactivity after treatment with clopidogrel in acute coronary syndromeCorinne Frere
INSERM U626, Marseille, France
Am J Cardiol 101:1088-93. 2008..to analyze, in 603 patients with non-ST elevation acute coronary syndromes, the effect of CYP3A4, CYP3A5, and CYP2C19 gene polymorphisms on clopidogrel response and post-treatment platelet reactivity assessed by adenosine ..
- A 2.4-megabase physical map spanning the CYP2C gene cluster on chromosome 10q24I C Gray
Imperial Cancer Research Fund, Clare Hall Laboratories, South Mimms, Herts, England
Genomics 28:328-32. 1995..cluster spans approximately 500 kb on proximal 10q24 and comprises four genes arranged in the order CYP2C8-CYP2C9-CYP2C19-CYP2C18. The map also includes an adjacent gene, the serum retinol binding protein gene (RBP4)...
- Genetic polymorphism of CYP2C9 and CYP2C19 in a Bolivian population: an investigative and comparative studyHeydy V Bravo-Villalta
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Graduate School of Medicine, Gunma University, 3 39 22 Showa machi, Maebashi, 371 8511, Japan
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 61:179-84. 2005..We estimated the distribution of CYP2C9 and CYP2C19 common variants in the Bolivian population (a South American population), and compared these data with those from ..
- Cytochrome P450 2C19 681G>A polymorphism and high on-clopidogrel platelet reactivity associated with adverse 1-year clinical outcome of elective percutaneous coronary intervention with drug-eluting or bare-metal stentsDietmar Trenk
Herz Zentrum Bad Krozingen, Bad Krozingen, Germany
J Am Coll Cardiol 51:1925-34. 2008We investigated whether the loss of function CYP2C19 681G>A *2 polymorphism is associated with high (>14%) residual platelet aggregation (RPA) on clopidogrel and whether high on-clopidogrel RPA impacts clinical outcome after ..
- Cytochrome P450 2C19 polymorphism in young patients treated with clopidogrel after myocardial infarction: a cohort studyJean Philippe Collet
Institut de Cardiologie, INSERM 856, Universite Paris 6, hôpital Pitié Salpêtrière AP HP, Paris, France
Lancet 373:309-17. 2009..The frequent genetic functional variant 681 G>A (*2) of cytochrome P450 2C19 (CYP2C19) is an important contributor to the wide variability between individuals of the antiplatelet ..
- Cytochrome P450 pharmacogenetics as a predictor of toxicity and clinical response to pulse cyclophosphamide in lupus nephritisKazuki Takada
National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Arthritis Rheum 50:2202-10. 2004..We conducted a retrospective cohort study to test whether genetic polymorphisms of these enzymes are associated with the toxicity of, and clinical response to, cyclophosphamide in patients with lupus nephritis...
- Pharmacogenetics of cyclophosphamide in patients with hematological malignanciesHanjing Xie
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Karolinska Institutet, SE 141 86 Stockholm, Sweden
Eur J Pharm Sci 27:54-61. 2006..The pharmacokinetics of CPA and its active metabolite were related to the genotype of CYP2B6, CYP2C9 and CYP2C19. The influence of liver function on CPA metabolism was also evaluated.
- Influence of polymorphisms of drug metabolizing enzymes (CYP2B6, CYP2C9, CYP2C19, CYP3A4, CYP3A5, GSTA1, GSTP1, ALDH1A1 and ALDH3A1) on the pharmacokinetics of cyclophosphamide and 4-hydroxycyclophosphamideCorine Ekhart
Department of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, The Netherlands Cancer Institute Slotervaart Hospital, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Pharmacogenet Genomics 18:515-23. 2008..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the effects of known allelic variants in the CYP2B6, CYP2C9, CYP2C19, CYP3A4, CYP3A5, GSTA1, GSTP1, ALDH1A1 and ALDH3A1 genes on the pharmacokinetics of the anticancer agent, ..
- Identification of new human CYP2C19 alleles (CYP2C19*6 and CYP2C19*2B) in a Caucasian poor metabolizer of mephenytoinG C Ibeanu
National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 286:1490-5. 1998A genetic polymorphism in the metabolism of the anticonvulsant drug S-mephenytoin has been attributed to defective CYP2C19 alleles...
- The clinical role of cytochrome p450 genotypes in Helicobacter pylori managementA Sapone
Department of Pharmacology, Pharmacogenomic Unit St Orsola Hospital, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Am J Gastroenterol 98:1010-5. 2003..The aim of this pharmacogenomics study was to investigate the influence of different cytochrome P450 (CYP) genotypes in Helicobacter pylori eradication therapy...
- Genetic polymorphisms of CYP2C9 and CYP2C19 in the Beninese and Belgian populationsAurel C Allabi
Medical Faculty of National University of Benin UNB, Applied Molecular Technologies, Centre for Human Genetics, Universite Catholique de Louvain UCL, Louvain, Belgium
Br J Clin Pharmacol 56:653-7. 2003To investigate the distribution of cytochrome P450 2C9 (CYP2C9) and 2C19 (CYP2C19) genotype frequencies in the Beninese and Belgian Caucasian populations.
- Pharmacogenetic screening for polymorphisms in drug-metabolizing enzymes and drug transporters in a Dutch populationT M Bosch
Department of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, The Netherlands Cancer Institute Slotervaart Hospital, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Mol Diagn Ther 10:175-85. 2006..aim of this study was to explore the frequencies of polymorphisms in drug-metabolizing enzymes (CYP1A1, CYP2C9, CYP2C19, CYP3A4, CYP2D6, CYP3A5, DPYD, UGT1A1, GSTM1, GSTP1, GSTT1) and drug transporters (ABCB1[MDR1] and ABCC2[MRP2]), ..
- Potent cytochrome P450 2C19 genotype-related interaction between voriconazole and the cytochrome P450 3A4 inhibitor ritonavirGerd Mikus
Department of Internal Medicine VI, Clinical Pharmacology and Pharmacoepidemiology, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Clin Pharmacol Ther 80:126-35. 2006..Because the activity of CYP2C19 is under genetic control, the extent of inhibition with a CYP3A4 inhibitor was expected to be modulated by the ..
- Roles of CYP3A4 and CYP2C19 in methyl hydroxylated and N-oxidized metabolite formation from voriconazole, a new anti-fungal agent, in human liver microsomesNorie Murayama
Laboratory of Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics, Showa Pharmaceutical University, 3 3165 Higashi tamagawa Gakuen, Machida, Tokyo 194 8543, Japan
Biochem Pharmacol 73:2020-6. 2007..metabolism of voriconazole catalyzed by recombinant P450s as well as human liver microsomes genotyped for the CYP2C19 gene...
- Breast cancer treatment outcome with adjuvant tamoxifen relative to patient CYP2D6 and CYP2C19 genotypesWerner Schroth
Dr Margarete Fischer Bosch Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, Auerbachstrasse 112, D 70376 Stuttgart, Germany
J Clin Oncol 25:5187-93. 2007..We investigated the predictive value of genetic variants of CYP2D6, CYP2C19, and three other cytochrome P450 enzymes for tamoxifen treatment outcome.
- Poor metabolizer genotype status of CYP2C19 is a risk factor for developing gastric cancer in Japanese patients with Helicobacter pylori infectionM Sugimoto
First Department of Medicine, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, Shizuoka, Japan
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 22:1033-40. 2005b>Cytochrome P450 2C19 (CYP2C19) polymorphism has been associated with the development of lung, liver or oesophageal cancer by detoxification of carcinogen(s) or activation of procarcinogen(s).
- Novel mutations in the cytochrome P450 2C19 gene: a pitfall of the PCR-RFLP method for identifying a common mutationYumiko Ohkubo
Department of Pediatrics, Neonatology and Congenital Disorders, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Nagoya City University, 1 Kawasumi, Mizuho cho, Mizuho ku, Nagoya 467 8601, Japan
J Hum Genet 51:118-23. 2006b>CYP2C19 is a clinically important enzyme involved in the metabolism of therapeutic drugs such as (S)-mephenytoin, omeprazole, proguanil, and diazepam...
- Interaction between CYP 2C19*3 polymorphism and smoking in relation to laryngeal carcinoma in the Chinese Han populationJ Feng
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, West China Hospital of Sichuan University, Chengdu, PR China
Genet Mol Res 10:3331-7. 2011..that smoking is the most important risk factor for laryngeal carcinoma, we examined the relationships between CYP2C19*3 polymorphism, smoking and laryngeal carcinoma in the Chinese Han population...
- Identification of a new genetic defect responsible for the polymorphism of (S)-mephenytoin metabolism in JapaneseS M de Morais
National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709
Mol Pharmacol 46:594-8. 1994..genetic defect responsible for the poor metabolizer phenotype is a single-base pair mutation in exon 5 of CYP2C19 (CYP2C19m), which accounts for approximately 75-83% of the defective alleles in both Japanese and Caucasians ..
- Evidence that CYP2C19 is the major (S)-mephenytoin 4'-hydroxylase in humansJ A Goldstein
National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709
Biochemistry 33:1743-52. 1994..16 human liver donor samples indicated that (S)-mephenytoin 4'-hydroxylase activity correlated with the hepatic CYP2C19 content, but it did not correlate with the hepatic content of CYP2C9...
- The major genetic defect responsible for the polymorphism of S-mephenytoin metabolism in humansS M de Morais
NIEHS, National Institutes of Health, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709
J Biol Chem 269:15419-22. 1994..a number of other currently used drugs results from a defect in a cytochrome P450 enzyme recently identified as CYP2C19. Attempts over the past decade to define the molecular genetic basis of the polymorphism have, however, been ..
- Genetic polymorphism of CYP2D6 and CYP2C19 in east- and southern African populations including psychiatric patientsC Dandara
Department of Biochemistry, University of Zimbabwe, Harare, Zimbabwe
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 57:11-7. 2001The study was carried out to investigate the distribution of cytochrome P450 2D6 (CYP2D6) and CYP2C19 genotype frequencies in three African populations and to compare these frequencies between healthy individuals and psychiatric patients.
- Effects of CYP2C19 gene polymorphism on cure rates for Helicobacter pylori infection by triple therapy with proton pump inhibitor (omeprazole or rabeprazole), amoxycillin and clarithromycin in JapanM Dojo
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Fukui Medical University, Japan
Dig Liver Dis 33:671-5. 2001Omeprazole is mainly metabolized by cytochrome P450 2C19 (CYP2C19) in the liver...
- Allele and genotype frequencies of polymorphic cytochromes P450 (CYP2C9, CYP2C19, CYP2E1) and dihydropyrimidine dehydrogenase (DPYD) in the Egyptian populationSamar Ismail Hamdy
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Tohoku University Hospital, Sendai, Japan
Br J Clin Pharmacol 53:596-603. 2002The goal of this study was to determine the frequencies of important allelic variants of CYP2C9, CYP2C19, CYP2E1 and DPYD in the Egyptian population and compare them with the frequencies in other ethnic populations.
- Randomized open trial for comparison of proton pump inhibitors in triple therapy for Helicobacter pylori infection in relation to CYP2C19 genotypeTomoki Inaba
Department of Internal Medicine, Kagawa Prefectural Central Hospital, Japan
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 17:748-53. 2002..However, in triple therapy (PPI plus amoxicillin and clarithromycin), little is known about the impact of CYP2C19 polymorphism, or the use of rabeprazole, which is not well metabolized by CYP2C19...
- Identification and functional characterization of new potentially defective alleles of human CYP2C19Joyce Blaisdell
National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
Pharmacogenetics 12:703-11. 2002b>CYP2C19 is a clinically important enzyme responsible for the metabolism of a number of therapeutic drugs, such as mephenytoin, omeprazole, diazepam, proguanil, propranolol and certain antidepressants...
- The effects of lansoprazole on erosive reflux oesophagitis are influenced by CYP2C19 polymorphismM Kawamura
Division of Gastroenterology, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, Sendai, Miyagi, Japan
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 17:965-73. 2003The acid suppressive effect of lansoprazole is influenced by the P450 2C19 (CYP2C19) polymorphism.
- Polymorphism of CYP2D6, CYP2C19, CYP2C9 and CYP2C8 in the Faroese populationJónrit Halling
Clinical Pharmacology, Faculty of Health Sciences, Institute of Public Health, University of Southern Denmark, Winslovparken 19, 5000 Odense C, Denmark
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 61:491-7. 2005The purpose of the study was to study the distribution of poor and extensive metabolizers of CYP2C19 and CYP2D6 and to genotype for CYP2C8 and CYP2C9 among 312 randomly selected Faroese.
- Genetic variations and haplotypes of CYP2C19 in a Japanese populationHiromi Fukushima-Uesaka
Project Team for Pharmacogenetics, National Institute of Health Sciences, Tokyko, Japan
Drug Metab Pharmacokinet 20:300-7. 2005..27 novel ones, were found in the 5'- regulatory region, all of the exons and their surrounding introns of CYP2C19 in 253 Japanese subjects (134 diabetic patients and 119 healthy volunteers)...
- The effect of CYP2C19 polymorphisms on H. pylori eradication rate in dual and triple first-line PPI therapies: a meta-analysisSara Padol
Division of Gastroenterology, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Am J Gastroenterol 101:1467-75. 2006..proton pump inhibitor (PPI)-related differences in Helicobacter pylori eradication rates are partly because of CYP2C19 polymorphisms and there have been conflicting data in this area...
- CYP2C19 genetic polymorphism in Thai, Burmese and Karen populationsWichittra Tassaneeyakul
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, Khon Kaen University, Khon Kaen, Thailand
Drug Metab Pharmacokinet 21:286-90. 2006The genetic polymorphism of CYP2C19 was examined in three Southeast Asian populations. This study was conducted in 774 Thais, 127 Burmeses and 131 Karens. Genomic DNA was extracted from leucocytes and analyzed by the PCR-RFLP technique...
- Genetic polymorphisms of cytochrome P450 enzymes 2C9 and 2C19 in a healthy Iranian populationNegin Zand
Department of Pharmacology, Iran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 34:102-5. 20071. The genetically polymorphic cytochrome P450 enzymes 2C9 (CYP2C9) and 2C19 (CYP2C19) are involved in the metabolism and elimination of a number of widely used drugs...
- CYP2C19 polymorphisms in patients with gastric and colorectal carcinomaL Tamer
Department of Biochemistry, Mersin University, Turkey
Int J Gastrointest Cancer 37:1-5. 2006..Environmental carcinogens are predominantly metabolized by the cytochrome P450 (CYP) superfamily of drug- or xenobiotic-metabolizing enzymes. Genetic variations in these enzymes affect individuals' susceptibility to carcinogens...
- Impact of the ultrarapid CYP2C19*17 allele on serum concentration of escitalopram in psychiatric patientsI Rudberg
Department of Psychopharmacology, Diakonhjemmet Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Clin Pharmacol Ther 83:322-7. 2008Recently, a novel allelic variant of cytochrome P450 2C19 encoding ultrarapid enzyme activity was described (denoted CYP2C19*17)...
- Genetic Polymorphism of CYP2C19 gene in the Stanislas cohort. A link with inflammationC Bertrand-Thiebault
INSERM U525, Faculte de Pharmacie, 30 rue Lionnois, Nancy, France
Ann Hum Genet 72:178-83. 2008b>CYP2C19, a member of the cytochrome P450 family, metabolises arachidonic acid to produce epoxyeicosanoid acids, which are involved in vascular tone and inflammation...
- The effect of CYP2C19 polymorphism on the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of clopidogrel: a possible mechanism for clopidogrel resistanceK A Kim
Department of Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, Anam Hospital, Korea University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Clin Pharmacol Ther 84:236-42. 2008We evaluated the effect of the CYP2C19 genotype on the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamcis of clopidogrel...
- Genetic polymorphism analysis of CYP2C19 in Chinese Han populations from different geographic areas of mainland ChinaLingling Chen
Bio X Life Science Research Center, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Hao Ran Building, Shanghai 200030, China
Pharmacogenomics 9:691-702. 2008Although many studies have been performed on CYP2C19, most of them have mainly examined the effects of the defective alleles CYP2C19(*)2 and CYP2C19(*)3...
- CYP2C19*17 is associated with decreased breast cancer riskChristina Justenhoven
Molecular Mechanisms of Origin and Treatment of Breast Cancer, Dr Margarete Fischer Bosch Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, Stuttgart, Germany
Breast Cancer Res Treat 115:391-6. 2009b>Cytochrome P450 2C19 (CYP2C19) plays an important role in the metabolism of xenobiotics and drugs and contributes to the catabolism of endogenous substrates like estradiol...
- Association of poor metabolizers of cytochrome P450 2C19 with head and neck cancer and poor treatment responseSunishtha S Yadav
Developmental Toxicology Division, Indian Institute of Toxicology Research formerly Industrial Toxicology Research Centre, CSIR P O Box 80, M G Marg, Lucknow 226001, India
Mutat Res 644:31-7. 2008..and an equal number of healthy controls was carried out to investigate the association of polymorphism in cytochrome P450 2C19 (CYP2C19), which results in poor and extensive metabolizers (PMs and EMs) genotypes, with squamous cell ..
- Need for reassessment of reported CYP2C19 allele frequencies in various populations in view of CYP2C19*17 discovery: the case of GreeceGeorgia Ragia
Laboratory of Pharmacology, Medical School, Democritus University of Thrace, Dragana Campus, 68100 Alexandroupolis, Greece
Pharmacogenomics 10:43-9. 2009b>CYP2C19*17 is a novel variant allele causing ultrarapid metabolism of CYP2C19 substrates...
- Cytochrome P450 2C19 loss-of-function polymorphism and stent thrombosis following percutaneous coronary interventionDirk Sibbing
Department of Cardiology, Deutsches Herzzentrum and 1 Medizinische Klinik rechts der Isar, Technische Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
Eur Heart J 30:916-22. 2009Several studies have demonstrated that the mutant *2 allele of the CYP2C19 681G>A loss-of-function polymorphism is associated with diminished metabolization of clopidogrel into its active thiol metabolite and an attenuated platelet ..
- Population study of genetic polymorphisms and superficial bladder cancer risk in Han-Chinese smokers in ShanghaiHui Wen
Department of Urology, Huashan Hospital of Fudan University, Shanghai, China
Int Urol Nephrol 41:855-64. 2009....
- High frequency of occurrence of CYP2D6 gene duplication/multiduplication indicating ultrarapid metabolism among suicide casesA L Zackrisson
Department of Forensic Genetics and Forensic Toxicology, National Board of Forensic Medicine, Linkoping, Sweden
Clin Pharmacol Ther 88:354-9. 2010..Many of these drugs are metabolized by CYP enzymes such as CYP2D6 and CYP2C19. A lack of these enzymes, resulting in poor metabolism, can lead to adverse reactions and even to fatality...
- Impact of the CYP2C19*17 allele on the pharmacokinetics of omeprazole and pantoprazole in children: evidence for a differential effectGregory L Kearns
Director, Pharmacogenetics Core Laboratory, Division of Clinical Pharmacology and Medical Toxicology, Children s Mercy Hospitals and Clinics, 2401 Gillham Road, Kansas City, MO 64108, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 38:894-7. 2010The impact of the CYP2C19*17 allele on the pharmacokinetics of pantoprazole and omeprazole in previously studied children (n = 40) was explored...
- Association of interaction between smoking and CYP 2C19*3 polymorphism with coronary artery disease in a Uighur populationYi ning Yang
Department of Cardiology, First Affiliated Hospital of Xinjiang Medical University, Urumqi, PR China
Clin Appl Thromb Hemost 16:579-83. 2010..The purpose of this study is to explore the relationship between the interaction of CYP2C19*3 polymorphism and smoking and coronary artery disease (CAD) in a Uighur population.
- CYP2C19*2 and CYP2C9*3 alleles are associated with stent thrombosis: a case-control studyAnkie M Harmsze
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, St Antonius Hospital, PO Box 2500, Nieuwegein 3430 EM, The Netherlands
Eur Heart J 31:3046-53. 2010..the effect of variations in genes involved in the absorption (ABCB1 C1236T, G2677T/A, C3435T), metabolism (CYP2C19*2 and *3, CYP2C9*2 and *3, CYP3A4*1B and CYP3A5*3), and pharmacodynamics (P2Y1 A1622G) of clopidogrel on the ..
- Effects of CYP2C19 genotype on outcomes of clopidogrel treatmentGuillaume Pare
Population Health Research Institute, Hamilton Health Sciences, Hamilton, ON, Canada
N Engl J Med 363:1704-14. 2010..that clopidogrel may be less effective in reducing the rate of cardiovascular events among persons who are carriers of loss-of-function CYP2C19 alleles that are associated with reduced conversion of clopidogrel to its active metabolite.
- Assessment of CYP2C19 genetic polymorphisms in a Korean population using a simultaneous multiplex pyrosequencing method to simultaneously detect the CYP2C19*2, CYP2C19*3, and CYP2C19*17 allelesK A Kim
Department of Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, Anam Hospital, Korea University College of Medicine, Sungbuk Gu, Seoul, Korea
J Clin Pharm Ther 35:697-703. 2010b>CYP2C19 is a drug-metabolizing enzyme showing various genetic polymorphisms that may cause marked interindividual and interethnic variability in the disposition of its substrates...
- The cytochrome 2C19*2 and *3 alleles attenuate response to clopidogrel similarly in East Asian patients undergoing elective percutaneous coronary interventionSeok Jae Hwang
Division of Cardiology, Department of Internal Medicine, Gyeongsang National University Hospital, Jinju, South Korea
Thromb Res 127:23-8. 2011Carriage of CYP2C19*2 allele is associated with diminished platelet response to clopidogrel. However, the loss-of-function impact of CYP2C19*3 allele on antiplatelet effect of clopidogrel has not been definitely verified...
- Cytochrome P450 2C19 polymorphism is associated with reduced clopidogrel response in cerebrovascular diseaseJun Beom Lee
Department of Neurology, Severance Institute for Vascular and Metabolic Research, Gangnam Severance Hospital, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Yonsei Med J 52:734-8. 2011..b>CYP2C19 polymorphism has been reported to correlate with reduced antiplatelet activity of clopidogrel in coronary artery ..
- Clinical, angiographic, and genetic factors associated with early coronary stent thrombosisGuillaume Cayla
Institut de Cardiologie, INSERM Unité Mixte de Recherche_S 937, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, Paris, France
JAMA 306:1765-74. 2011..Despite dual antiplatelet therapy, stent thrombosis remains a devastating and unpredictable complication of percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI)...
- Meta-analysis of cytochrome P450 2C19 polymorphism and risk of adverse clinical outcomes among coronary artery disease patients of different ethnic groups treated with clopidogrelJae Sik Jang
Busan Paik Hospital, University of Inje College of Medicine, Busan, Korea
Am J Cardiol 110:502-8. 2012Loss-of-function (LOF) variants of cytochrome P450 2C19 (CYP2C19) have been hypothesized to be associated with lesser degrees of platelet inhibition and increased risk for recurrent ischemic events in patients with coronary artery disease ..
- Interaction between alcohol consumption and CYP 2C19 gene polymorphism in relation to oesophageal squamous cell carcinomaYun Shi
Department of Chest Surgery Kunming General Hospital of Chengdu Military Region, Kunming, Yunnan Province, China
PLoS ONE 7:e43412. 2012The purpose of this study is to explore the relationship between the interactions of CYP2C19 gene polymorphisms and several environmental factors and oesophageal squamous cell carcinoma (OSCC).
- The CYP2C19 genotype does not impact the long-term prognosis of patients with coronary artery diseaseYong Peng
Department of Cardiology, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, 37 Guoxue Street, Chengdu 610041, China
Atherosclerosis 227:106-11. 2013..This study explored whether the CYP2C19 gene polymorphism was associated with clinical events in patients with CAD after one year of discharge.
- Identification of residues 99, 220, and 221 of human cytochrome P450 2C19 as key determinants of omeprazole activityG C Ibeanu
NIEHS, National Institute of Health, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
J Biol Chem 271:12496-501. 1996..Our results thus indicate that amino acids 99, 220, and 221 are key residues that determine the specificity of P450 2C19 for omeprazole...
- Differences in the incidence of the CYP2C19 polymorphism affecting the S-mephenytoin phenotype in Chinese Han and Bai populations and identification of a new rare CYP2C19 mutant alleleZ S Xiao
Pharmacogenetics Research Institute, Hunan Medical University, Changsha, People s Republic of China
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 281:604-9. 1997..005). Therefore, Han subjects may be more susceptible than Bai subjects to the drugs metabolized by the CYP2C19 enzyme...
- A novel transversion in the intron 5 donor splice junction of CYP2C19 and a sequence polymorphism in exon 3 contribute to the poor metabolizer phenotype for the anticonvulsant drug S-mephenytoinG C Ibeanu
National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, National Institutes of Health, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 290:635-40. 1999..We have isolated two new allelic variants that contribute to the PM phenotype in Caucasians. CYP2C19*7 contained a single T --> A nucleotide transversion in the invariant GT at the 5' donor splice site of intron ..
- Effect of genotypic differences in CYP2C19 on cure rates for Helicobacter pylori infection by triple therapy with a proton pump inhibitor, amoxicillin, and clarithromycinT Furuta
First Department of Medicine, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, Japan
Clin Pharmacol Ther 69:158-68. 2001Proton pump inhibitors such as omeprazole and lansoprazole are mainly metabolized by CYP2C19 in the liver. The therapeutic effects of proton pump inhibitors are assumed to depend on CYP2C19 genotype status.
- Clarithromycin resistance, but not CYP2C-19 polymorphism, has a major impact on treatment success in 7-day treatment regimen for cure of H. pylori infection: a multiple logistic regression analysisH Miwa
Department of Gastroenterology, Juntendo University, School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Dig Dis Sci 46:2445-50. 2001Mutations in the gene encoding the CYP2C-19 enzyme for PPI metabolism have been shown to enhance the chance for a cure in a H. pylori-positive patients using a two-week dual-therapy regimen involving omeprazole and amoxicillin...
- The prevalence of CYP2D6 and CYP2C19 genotypes in a population of healthy Dutch volunteersW J Tamminga
Pharma Bio Research Group BV, Zuidlaren, The Netherlands
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 57:717-22. 2001This study was performed in a sample of the Dutch population to estimate the prevalence of noncoding mutations of CYP2D6 and CYP2C19 as obtained by genotyping. In addition, the predictability of the genotyping strategy was assessed.
- Analysis of the CYP2C19 polymorphism in a North-eastern Thai populationWichittra Tassaneeyakul
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, Khon Kaen University, Thailand
Pharmacogenetics 12:221-5. 2002b>CYP2C19 is a polymorphically expressed cytochrome P450 responsible for the metabolism of several clinically used drugs, including some barbiturates, diazepam, proguanil, propranolol and several proton pump inhibitors...
- CYP2C19 genotype and S-mephenytoin 4'-hydroxylation phenotype in a Chinese Dai populationNan He
Pharmacogenetics Research Institute, Central South University, Changsha, Hunan 410078, China
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 58:15-8. 2002To investigate the incidence of the CYP2C19 polymorphism in the Chinese Dai population.
- Pharmacokinetics of citalopram in relation to genetic polymorphism of CYP2C19Bang Ning Yu
Pharmacogenetics Research Institute, Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, Central South University, Changsha, Hunan 410078, Republic of China
Drug Metab Dispos 31:1255-9. 2003The study was designed to define the contribution of cytochrome p450 2C19 (CYP2C19) and cytochrome p450 3A4 (CYP3A4) to citalopram N-demethylation and to evaluate the relationship between the disposition of citalopram and CYP2C19 genotype...
- Analysis of Sepik populations of Papua New Guinea suggests an increase of CYP2C19 null allele frequencies during the colonization of MelanesiaAndrew Masta
School of Medicine and Health Sciences, University of Papua New Guinea, Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea
Pharmacogenetics 13:697-700. 2003The cytochrome P450 (CYP) isozyme CYP2C19 metabolizes clinically important drugs, including the anti-malarial proguanil currently used for multi-drug resistant Plasmodium falciparum malaria...
- Frequencies of poor metabolizers of cytochrome P450 2C19 in esophagus cancer, stomach cancer, lung cancer and bladder cancer in Chinese populationWei Xing Shi
Department of Public Health, School of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310031, Zhejiang Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 10:1961-3. 2004To investigate the association between cytochrome P450 2C19 (CYP2C19) gene polymorphism and cancer susceptibility by genotyping of CYP2C19 poor metabolizers (PMs) in cancer patients.
- A novel single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) of the CYP2C19 gene in a Japanese subject with lowered capacity of mephobarbital 4'-hydroxylationJun Morita
Laboratory of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chiba University, Japan
Drug Metab Pharmacokinet 19:236-8. 2004We sequenced all nine exons and exon-intron junctions of the cytochrome P450 2C19 (CYP2C19) gene from a Japanese subject with a lowered capacity of CYP2C19-mediated 4'-hydroxylation after an oral administration of mephobarbital...
- Esomeprazole 40 mg twice daily in triple therapy and the efficacy of Helicobacter pylori eradication related to CYP2C19 metabolismB S Sheu
Department of Internal Medicine, Medical College, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 21:283-8. 2005To determine whether an increased dosage of esomeprazole 40 mg twice daily in triple therapy improved the Helicobacter pylori eradication rate for patients with different genotypes of S-mephenytoin 4'-hydroxylase (CYP2C19).
- Genetic polymorphisms of cytochrome P450 in patients with hepatitis C virus-associated hepatocellular carcinomaJunko Mochizuki
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Department of Internal Medicine, Daisan Hospital, Jikei University School of Medicine, Komae, Tokyo 201 8601, Japan
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 20:1191-7. 2005..The aim of the present study was to compare the frequencies of CYP polymorphisms between hepatitis C virus (HCV)-related HCC patients and healthy subjects...
- A common novel CYP2C19 gene variant causes ultrarapid drug metabolism relevant for the drug response to proton pump inhibitors and antidepressantsSarah C Sim
Division of Molecular Toxicology, Institute of Environmental Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm
Clin Pharmacol Ther 79:103-13. 2006..A significant portion of extensive metabolizers do not reach appropriate drug levels, and our objective was to investigate any genetic background...
- Cytochrome P450 2C19 loss-of-function polymorphism is a major determinant of clopidogrel responsiveness in healthy subjectsJean Sebastien Hulot
INSERM U 765, Service d Hématologie Biologique A, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, 20 rue Leblanc, 75908 Paris Cedex 15, France
Blood 108:2244-7. 2006..of genes coding for candidate cytochrome P450 (CYP) isoenzymes involved in clopidogrel metabolic activation (CYP2C19*2, CYP2B6*5, CYP1A2*1F, and CYP3A5*3 variants) influence the platelet responsiveness to clopidogrel, we conducted ..
- Genetic polymorphism of cytochrome P450 2C19 in Mexican Americans: a cross-ethnic comparative studyHuai Rong Luo
Department of Pharmacology, Toxicology and Therapeutics, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, 66160 7417, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 80:33-40. 2006..Our objectives were to investigate cytochrome P450 (CYP) 2C19 polymorphism in Mexican Americans and compare the findings with those in 4 other ethnic groups...
- Absolute bioavailability and metabolism of omeprazole in relation to CYP2C19 genotypes following single intravenous and oral administrationsTsukasa Uno
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Hirosaki University School of Medicine, Hirosaki, Japan
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 63:143-9. 2007The aim of this study was to evaluate the absolute bioavailability and the metabolism of omeprazole following single intravenous and oral administrations to healthy subjects in relation to CYP2C19 genotypes.
- Genetic polymorphisms of CYP2B6 affect the pharmacokinetics/pharmacodynamics of cyclophosphamide in Japanese cancer patientsMiki Nakajima
Drug Metabolism and Toxicology, Division of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Graduate School of Medical Science, Kanazawa University, Kakuma machi, Kanazawa 920 1192, Japan
Pharmacogenet Genomics 17:431-45. 2007..To evaluate the effects of genetic polymorphisms of drug metabolizing enzymes on the pharmacokinetics of cyclophosphamide and its active metabolite, 4-hydroxycyclophosphamide, and on the pharmacodynamics...
- Polymorphisms of CYP2C19 gene are associated with the efficacy of thalidomide based regimens in multiple myelomaYonghua Li
Department of Hematology, Changzheng Hospital, The Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, PR China
Haematologica 92:1246-9. 2007In this study, CYP2C19 genotypes were tested by the polymerase chain reaction-restriction fragment length polymorphism (PCR-RFLP) method in 92 patients with multiple myeloma (MM)...
- Role of CYP2C9 and CYP2C19 polymorphisms in patients with atherosclerosisB Ercan
Department of Biochemistry, Medical Faculty, Mersin University, Turkey
Cell Biochem Funct 26:309-13. 2008..7-fold risk of developing atherosclerosis. CYP2C19*3 heterozygote alleles are more frequent in patients than in controls (10.2%, 5...
- Genetic polymorphism of CYP2C19 in Maharashtrian populationYogita Ghodke
Bioprospecting Laboratory, Interdisciplinary School of Health Sciences, University of Pune, Pune, 411007, Maharashtra, India
Eur J Epidemiol 22:907-15. 2007..The cytochrome P450 enzymes (CYP) play a central role in the metabolism of many therapeutic agents. CYP2C19 gene polymorphism is widely studied in Caucasians, African, and Oriental populations; however, far less is known ..
- Cytochrome P450 2C19 loss-of-function polymorphism, but not CYP3A4 IVS10 + 12G/A and P2Y12 T744C polymorphisms, is associated with response variability to dual antiplatelet treatment in high-risk vascular patientsBetti Giusti
Department of Medical and Surgical Critical Care, University of Florence, Florence, Italy
Pharmacogenet Genomics 17:1057-64. 2007..study was to evaluate the effect of polymorphisms affecting the clopidogrel metabolism (CYP3A4 IVS10+12G/A and CYP2C19*2) and the P2Y12 receptor (P2Y12 T744C) on modulating platelet function in acute coronary syndrome patients on ..
- NOVEL HIGH THROUGHPUT PLATFORM FOR SCREENING CYTOCHROME P450 INDUCTIONMARIA INES MORANO; Fiscal Year: 2013..In addition, we will expand the spectrum of reporters to include P450 CYP2C9 and CYP2C19, which are not commercially available...
- Alan R Shuldiner; Fiscal Year: 2014..Through the first genome-wide association study (GWAS) of its kind, we found that the loss of function cytochrome P450 2C19*2 (CYP2C19*2) variant is a major determinant of clopidogrel response, accounting for 12% of the variation ..
- STUART ALEXANDER SCOTT; Fiscal Year: 2016..Cytochrome P450-2C19 (CYP2C19) is a key enzyme involved in clopidogrel bioactivation and patients who carry CYP2C19 loss-of-function alleles ..
- Pharmacogenetic Optimization of Analgesic Prescribing in Sickle Cell DiseaseCheedy Jaja; Fiscal Year: 2013..The study is designed to test the central hypothesis that deficient cytochrome CYP2C9, CYP2C19 and CYP2D6 metabolic phenotypes and suboptimal analgesic prescribing are positively associated with ED visits in ..
- Jessica L Mega; Fiscal Year: 2014..play a role in the metabolism, and we have recently identified that carriers of particular genetic variants in CYP2C19 (~30% of the population) have lower active clopidogrel metabolite levels, diminished platelet inhibition, and ..
- Ambra Pozzi; Fiscal Year: 2016..linked, classes of molecules that can affect lung cancer progression, namely the cytochrome P450 arachidonic acid CYP2C epoxygenases and the nuclear peroxisomal proliferator activated receptor alpha (PPARa)...
- Cytochrome P450 Derived Eicosanoids and InflammationCraig R Lee; Fiscal Year: 2013..Arachidonic acid is oxidatively metabolized by cytochrome P450 (CYP) epoxygenases from the CYP2J and CYP2C subfamilies to epoxyeicosatrienoic acids (EETs) in hepatic and extra-hepatic tissue...
- Study of Acid Reflux Therapy for Children with AsthmaJanet T Holbrook; Fiscal Year: 2010..will also be evaluated with 3-hour post-dose plasma lansoprazole concentrations, and related to polymorphisms in CYP2C19, the cytochrome P450 pathway, and IL-1 beta, a pro-inflammatory cytokine...
- Pharmacogenomics of Human P450 OxidoreductaseWalter L Miller; Fiscal Year: 2012..A503V has decreased activities in assays based on cytochrome c and P450c17, but not in assays based on CYP1A2 and CYP2C19. Assays of the activities of these POR missense mutants with cytochrome c, steroidogenic P450c17 (CYP17), and ..
- Kathleen E Malone; Fiscal Year: 2014..TAM to its key metabolites are CYP2D6, CYP3A4, CYP3A5, but other important phase I and II enzymes include CYP2C9, CYP2C19, CYP2B6, CYP1B1, UGT2B7, UGT2B15, UGT1A4, UGT1A8, and UGT1A10...
- Secondary Prevention of Subcortical Stroke Prevention Genetic SubstudyAlan R Shuldiner; Fiscal Year: 2013..of clopidogrel-treated patients with heart disease have shown poorer outcomes in those with the loss of function CYP2C19*2 allele, a finding explained by the inability of these individuals to convert clopidogrel to its active ..
- Michael N Neely; Fiscal Year: 2016..At most, CYP2C19 genotype accounts for 40% of this variability...
- Older Persons & Drugs: race, gender, and age effectsJANICE SCHWARTZ; Fiscal Year: 2009..a potential mechanism for preserved clearance rates in older patients, and the first population studies of CYP2C19- mediated clearance of lansoprazole to investigate age, sex, and genotype (race) effect on steady-state clearance ..
- Role of CYP P450s in the Regulation of Vascular Tone through Adenosine ReceptorsS Jamal Mustafa; Fiscal Year: 2013..whether the presence of A2A or A1 AR can have an effect on the VT through: (a) endothelium by preserving the CYP2C activity to generate EETs (EDHF);(b) smooth muscle CYP4A activity to form 20-HETE;(c) PKC and MAPK (ERK1/ERK2) ..
- Nancy J Brown; Fiscal Year: 2015..b>Cyp2c and Cyp4a knockout mice will be used to study gene-dependent changes in: a) renal EET and/or 20-HETE synthase ..
- Diane S Rohlman; Fiscal Year: 2016..alpha-cypermethrin (pyrethroid) and functional polymorphisms in key enzymes involved in OP metabolism (CYP2B6, CYP2C19, and PON1) as modifiers of bioeffective dose...
- Web-based Phenotyping for Genome Wide Association Studies of Drug ResponseJoanna L Mountain; Fiscal Year: 2010..leads to replication of known associations between responses to proton pump inhibitors (PPIs) and the gene CYP2C19, and between responses to several commonly used medications and the gene CYP2C9...
- Drug Metabolism and Chronic Liver DiseaseRobert Branch; Fiscal Year: 2005..Part 1: A cocktail to include: caffeine (CYP1A2), flurbiprofen (CYP2C9), mephenytoin (CYP2C19), debrisoquine (CYP2D6), chlorzoxazone (CYP2E1) and dapsone (acetylation)...
- DRUG METABOLIZING ENZYMES-RISK FACTORS IN BLADDER CANCERRobert Branch; Fiscal Year: 2004..whole body activity for drug metabolizing enzymes using the Pittsburgh cocktail that comprises CYP1A2 (caffeine), CYP2C19 (S-mephenytoin), CYP2D6 (debrisoquine), CYP2E1 (chlorzoxazone) and CYP3A4 (dapsone), as well as mRNA ..
- STUDIES ON THE HALOGENATED AROMATIC HYDROCARBONSALAN POLAND; Fiscal Year: 1990..The induction of the microsomal monooxygenase, aryl hydrocarbon hydroxylase (AHH) activity, and other coordinately expressed enzymes, and the ..
- PHARMACOGENETIC RISK FACTORS IN DRUG ABUSE--CYP VARIANTSEdward Sellers; Fiscal Year: 2000..The objective of this work is to determine the importance of human polymorphic cytochrome P450 CYP2D6, CYP2A6 and CYP2C19 drug metabolizing enzymes in drug abuse and dependence...
- St. John's Wort and CYP3A Metabolism in Men & WomenReginald Frye; Fiscal Year: 2003..on other CYP pathways, specifically CYP1A2 using caffeine as a probe, CYP2C9 using flurbiprofen as a probe, and CYP2C19 using mephenytoin as a "cocktail" probe approach on the day following the midazolam studies...
- ENZYMIC ACTIVATION OF CHEMICAL CARCINOGENSF Guengerich; Fiscal Year: 2000....
- CHEMOPREVENTIVE AGENTS AND HUMAN CYTOCHROME P450 IN VIVOGRANT WILKINSON; Fiscal Year: 2002..of interest and the associated in vivo probes will be CYP1A2 (caffeine), CYP2A6 (coumarin), CYP2C9 (tolbutamide), CYP2C19 (mephenytoin), CYP2D6 (debrisoquine), CYP2E1(chlorzoxazone) and CYP3A(midazolam)...
- RISK FACTORS FOR PHENYTOIN TOXICITYSean Hennessy; Fiscal Year: 2005..factors, including age and polymorphisms in the genes that express cytochrome P450 enzyme isoforms CYP2C19 and CYP2C9, which are responsible for phenytoin metabolism...
- HUMAN LIVER CYTOCHROMES P450Judy Raucy; Fiscal Year: 2002..noted that the antibiotic, rifampicin (RIF) induces proteins and mRNAs corresponding to CYP2C8, CYP2C9, and CYP2C19 in isolated human hepatocytes...
- Ethnic Variations in Antidepressant ResponseRUSSELL POLAND; Fiscal Year: 2005..g., CYP2C19 and CYP3A4) that are responsible for the biotransformation of most antidepressants...
- Ethnic Variations in Antidepressant ResponseIra Lesser; Fiscal Year: 2005..g., CYP2C 19 and CYP3A4) that are responsible for the biotransformation of most antidepressants...
- Drug Metabolism, DNA Repair & Second CancersDebra Friedman; Fiscal Year: 2003..reductase (MTHFR), Glutathione-S-transferase (GST), GSTT1, GSTM1, GSTM3, GSTP1, Cytochrome P-450 (CYP) CYP2C9, CYP2C19, CYP3A4, thiopurine methyltransferase, methylguanine DNA methyltransferase, ERCC1, XPD, XRCC1, XRCC2, XRCC3, ..
- SUPPRESSION OF P450 GENES BY INFLAMMATORY MEDIATORSEdward Morgan; Fiscal Year: 2004..We will also characterize the regulation of human CYP2C genes in cultured human hepatocytes...
- ANDROGEN PRODUCTION IN ADRENARCHE AND PCOSWALTER MILLER; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- MALDI-TOF MS for High Throughput SNP AnalysisALAN SHULDINER; Fiscal Year: 2002..The technology will be of great benefit to a large number of NIH-funded projects and researchers, opportunities and will greatly accelerate the pace of discovery in this post-genomic era. ..
- GENETICS OF DIABETES IN THE AMISHALAN SHULDINER; Fiscal Year: 2009..In addition, as part of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, this Competitive Revision will provide job opportunities and security and stimulate the economy. ..
- Genome-wide Search for CVD Gene-Environment InteractionsALAN SHULDINER; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- NADPH-DEPENDENT METABOLISM OF ARACHIDONIC ACIDJorge Capdevila; Fiscal Year: 2008..identified as mediators of vascular reactivity, ion transport, and transmembrane signaling, and alterations in CYP2C and 4A function associated with the pathophysiology of cardiovascular disease...
- GENETIC AND CLINICAL MANIFESTATIONS OF DIABETESALAN SHULDINER; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- BETA-ADRENERGIC RECEPTOR POLYMORPHISMS AND HYPERTENSIONJulie Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2003..the BAR genotype significantly impacts the BP response to B-blockers could lead to improved patient outcomes, as patients could be genotyped prior to institution of B-blocker therapy, thus avoiding this therapy in those likely to respond ..
- Longevity Genes in Founder PopulationsALAN SHULDINER; Fiscal Year: 2005..These advances will impact substantially on the health and quality of life of older Americans. ..
- Hypertension PharmacogeneticsJulie Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2006..The proposed studies should add substantial new information about antihypertensive pharmacogenetics, and could influence how antihypertensive medications are prescribed in the future. ..
- Beta-receptors and cardiovascular pharmacogenomicsJulie Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Beta-adrenoceptor genetic polymorphisms and obesityJulie Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2002..Additionally, genotyping individuals early in age may help to identify those at increased risk of obesity prior to them becoming obese so that they may take appropriate preventive measures. ..
- PHARMACOGENETICS OF PRO12ALA PPAR GAMMA 2 IN DIABETESALAN SHULDINER; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- P-glycoprotein and Steroid-Resistant Nephrotic SyndromeLYNDA WELAGE; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- GENETICS OF OSTEOPOROSIS IN THE AMISHALAN SHULDINER; Fiscal Year: 2004..These advances will impact substantially on the quality of life of millions of older Americans with osteoporosis. ..
- CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY OF CHILDHOOD EPILEPSYTracy Glauser; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Hypocretin System Immune Diathesis in Human NarcolepsyJohn Black; Fiscal Year: 2004..Long term objectives: This translational, multidisciplinary research will demonstrate fundamental insights into the cause of narcolepsy and will open avenues for new interventions and preventative measures for this debilitating disease. ..
- THE ROLE OF MYCOBACTERIA IN CROHN'S DISEASEDavid Graham; Fiscal Year: 2005..The results of this study should either confirm or refute the proposed etiologic association of M. paratuberculosis and Crohn's disease as well as the identification of patients with Crohn's disease and M. paratuberculosis. ..
- Blood Genomics of Anticonvulsant Efficacy in ChildrenTracy Glauser; Fiscal Year: 2004..We will study whole blood total RNA using the new human U133 Affymetrix oligonucleotide microarrays that assess over 39,000 transcripts. ..
- REGULATION OF CYTOCHROME P450 BIOSYNTHESISByron Kemper; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- STRUCTURAL DETERMINANTS OF FUNCTIONAL CYTOCHROME P450Byron Kemper; Fiscal Year: 2009..Understanding the genetic and structural basis for generating functional P450s is necessary to understand the role of these enzymes in normal and pathological states. ..
- HISTAMINERGIC MECHANISMS OF ANTINOCICEPTIONLINDSAY HOUGH; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Mechanisms of Nicotine Induced Neurogenic InflammationKenneth Hargreaves; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- MECHANISMS OF NO-MEDIATED PROTEIN S-NITROSYLATION IN EAEOSCAR BIZZOZERO; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- IKK Beta In Intestinal InflammationLaurence Egan; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- MECHANISMS OF TOXICITY GORDON CONFERENCERONALD HINES; Fiscal Year: 2002..There also is substantial involvement of new personnel as Chairs and co-Chairs. Thus, the Mechanism of Toxicity GRC is poised to continue its growth as the single leading small conference on Molecular Toxicology. ..
- PERIPHERAL CANNABINOIDS AND NEUROGENIC INFLAMMATIONKenneth Hargreaves; Fiscal Year: 2002..This knowledge base may provide a rationale for developing peripherally-selective cannabinoid analgesics with minimal CNS-mediated side-effect liability. ..
- PHARMACOGENETICS OF ASTHMA MONOTHERAPYJohn Lima; Fiscal Year: 2005..The results of this pharmacogenetic study may facilitate the optimal selection of monotherapy in asthma. ..
- Validation of rat models for resistant epilepsy therapyWolfgang Loscher; Fiscal Year: 2005..Our goal is to establish standard assays that can be employed by researchers to continue the search for treatments of drug resistant epilepsy. ..
- NF-kB in the intestinal radiation responseLaurence Egan; Fiscal Year: 2005..These results will provide mechanistic insight into an important medically relevant problem, amd will point the way towards novel therapies to prevent radiation injury to the intestines. ..
- Novel epoxide hydrolase inhibitor for stroke preventionJOHN IMIG; Fiscal Year: 2005..In the Phase II work, Arete Therapeutics will use the collected information to progress toward clinical trials in the area of stroke and possible new therapeutic avenues. ..
- VANDERBILT ADULT AIDS CLINICAL TRIALS UNITDavid Haas; Fiscal Year: 2006..The proposed ACTU will not only enroll patients into ACTG clinical trials, but will provide the ACTG the ability to address important questions concerning AIDS treatment and pathogenesis. ..
- NITRIC OXIDE, PLP ACYLATION & THE PATHOPHYSIOLOGY OF MSOSCAR BIZZOZERO; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Mice with olfactory mucosa-specific Cre gene expressionXinxin Ding; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- SYMPATHETIC FIBER MODULATION OF NEUROGENIC INFLAMMATIONKenneth Hargreaves; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- LEUKOTRIENE POLYMORPHISMS & MONTELUKAST RESPONSEJohn Lima; Fiscal Year: 2003..This information may lead to individualization of asthma medications based on the genetic make-up of the patient. ..
- Warfarin Pharmacogenetics in Pediatric PatientsRONALD N contact HINES; Fiscal Year: 2010..The IWPC clearly stated that additional research was needed with respect to the development of a similar algorithm for children and young adults. The proposed research will fill this important knowledge gap. ..
- OLFACTORY TOXICITY OF ENVIRONMENTAL AGENTSXinxin Ding; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- ANTIRETROVIRAL PHARMACOLOGY IN THE GENITAL TRACTAngela Kashuba; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Neuropeptide Y Regulation of Peripheral Human Nociceptors and PainKenneth Hargreaves; Fiscal Year: 2007..Moreover, our study population in South Texas permits secondary analyses of a potentially underserved population (predominantly Hispanic) that is at risk for caries-induced pulpal necrosis and pain. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CNS Viral Dynamics and Cellular Immunity During AIDSDavid Haas; Fiscal Year: 2009..Characterizing these relationships will expand our knowledge regarding key events that lead to AIDS dementia, and may suggest novel approaches to other immunologic or viral-mediated diseases that affect the brain. ..