Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CYP1A2
Description: cytochrome P450 family 1 subfamily A member 2
Alias: CP12, P3-450, P450(PA), cytochrome P450 1A2, CYPIA2, P450 form 4, aryl hydrocarbon hydroxylase, cholesterol 25-hydroxylase, cytochrome P(3)450, cytochrome P450 4, cytochrome P450, family 1, subfamily A, polypeptide 2, cytochrome P450, subfamily I (aromatic compound-inducible), polypeptide 2, cytochrome P450-P3, dioxin-inducible P3-450, flavoprotein-linked monooxygenase, microsomal monooxygenase, xenobiotic monooxygenase
Publications206 found, 100 shown here
- Genetic polymorphism of CYP1A2 increases the risk of myocardial infarctionM C Cornelis
Department of Nutritional Sciences, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5S 3E2
J Med Genet 41:758-62. 2004..In order to bind to DNA many mutagens require metabolic activation by cytochrome P450 (CYP) 1A1 or CYP1A2. The objective of this study was to determine the effects of CYP1A1 and CYP1A2 genotypes on risk of myocardial ..
- Association between genetic polymorphisms of CYP1A2, arylamine N-acetyltransferase 1 and 2 and susceptibility to cholangiocarcinomaA Prawan
Department of Pharmacologygery, Faculty of Medicine, Liver Fluke and Cholangiocarcinoma Research Center, Khon Kaen University, 40002, Thailand
Eur J Cancer Prev 14:245-50. 2005Human CYP1A2 and arylamine N-acetyltransferases, which are encoded by the polymorphic CYP1A2 and NAT genes respectively, have been shown to have wide interindividual variations in metabolic capacity and may be potential modifiers of an ..
- Association between allelic polymorphisms of metabolizing enzymes (CYP 1A1, CYP 1A2, CYP 2E1, mEH) and occurrence of colorectal cancer in HungaryIstvan Kiss
Department of Preventive Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Pécs University of Sciences, Pecs, Hungary
Anticancer Res 27:2931-7. 2007....
- The influence of metabolic gene polymorphisms on urinary 1-hydroxypyrene concentrations in Chinese coke oven workersBo Chen
Department of Occupational Health and Toxicology, School of Public Health, Fudan University, Shanghai, 200032, PR China
Sci Total Environ 381:38-46. 2007..No influence was found in the association between urinary 1-OHP and other genetic polymorphisms such as CYP1A1, CYP1A2, CYP1B1, CYP2E1, EPHX1, EPHX2 in this population.
- The influence of genetic polymorphisms in Ahr, CYP1A1, CYP1A2, CYP1B1, GST M1, GST T1 and UGT1A1 on urine 1-hydroxypyrene glucuronide concentrations in healthy subjects from Rio Grande do Sul, BrazilChristian C Abnet
Nutritional Epidemiology Branch, Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, 6120 Executive Boulevard, EPS 320, MSC 7232, Rockville, MD 20852, USA
Carcinogenesis 28:112-7. 2007..010. Variants in aryl hydrocarbon receptor (Ahr) (rs4986826), CYP1A1 (rs1799814) and CYP1A2 (rs2069514) were also, although less strongly, associated with changes in urine 1-OHPG concentrations...
- Transcriptional activation of CYP2C9, CYP1A1, and CYP1A2 by hepatocyte nuclear factor 4alpha requires coactivators peroxisomal proliferator activated receptor-gamma coactivator 1alpha and steroid receptor coactivator 1Celia P Martinez-Jimenez
Unidad de Hepatologia Experimental, Centro de Investigacion, Hospital La Fe, Avenida de Campanar, 21, 46009 Valencia, Spain
Mol Pharmacol 70:1681-92. 2006..of PGC1alpha in human hepatoma cells caused a significant dose-dependent increase in CYP2C9, CYP1A1, and CYP1A2 and in the positive control CYP7A1...
- The relative contribution of human cytochrome P450 isoforms to the four caffeine oxidation pathways: an in vitro comparative study with cDNA-expressed P450s including CYP2C isoformsMarta Kot
Polish Academy of Sciences, Institute of Pharmacology, Smetna 12, Pl 31 343 Krakow, Poland
Biochem Pharmacol 76:543-51. 2008..The obtained results show that (1) apart from the 3-N-demethylation of caffeine - a CYP1A2 marker reaction and the main oxidation pathway of caffeine in man - 1-N-demethylation is also specifically ..
- Synergism between oral estrogen therapy and cytochrome P450 3A5*1 allele on the risk of venous thromboembolism among postmenopausal womenMarianne Canonico
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM Unit 780 U780, Cardiovascular Epidemiology Section, 16 Avenue Paul Vaillant Couturier, Villejuif Cedex, F 94807 France
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 93:3082-7. 2008..This effect may be modulated by the expression of cytochromes P450 3A5 (CYP3A5) and 1A2 (CYP1A2) which are involved in the hepatic metabolism of estrogens.
- DNA sequence variation in a 3.7-kb noncoding sequence 5' of the CYP1A2 gene: implications for human population history and natural selectionS P Wooding
Department of Human Genetics, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT, 84112, USA
Am J Hum Genet 71:528-42. 2002b>CYP1A2 is a cytochrome P450 gene that is involved in human physiological responses to a variety of drugs and toxins...
- Organization of the CYP1A cluster on human chromosome 15: implications for gene regulationJ Corchero
Laboratory of Metabolism, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Pharmacogenetics 11:1-6. 2001..A human genomic clone from a BAC library, containing both CYP1A1 and CYP1A2 genes, was isolated and sequenced...
- A pharmacogenetic study to investigate the role of dietary carcinogens in the etiology of colorectal cancerChristoph Sachse
Biomedical Research Centre, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, Dundee DD1 9SY, UK
Carcinogenesis 23:1839-49. 2002..controls (433 matched case-control pairs) were genotyped for common polymorphisms in the cytochrome P450 (CYP1A1, CYP1A2, CYP1B1, CYP2A6, CYP2C9, CYP2C19 and CYP2D6), glutathione S-transferase (GSTM1, GSTP1 and GSTT1), sulfotransferase ..
- Population-based case-control study of AhR (aryl hydrocarbon receptor) and CYP1A2 polymorphisms and breast cancer riskJi Rong Long
Department of Medicine and Vanderbilt Ingram Cancer Center, Vanderbilt University, 1161 21st Avenue South, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Pharmacogenet Genomics 16:237-43. 2006..b>CYP1A2 is one of the major CYP1 enzymes that catalyse 2-hydroxylation of estrogen, a hormone that plays a critical role ..
- The CYP1A2 genotype modifies the association between coffee consumption and breast cancer risk among BRCA1 mutation carriersJoanne Kotsopoulos
Centre for Research in Women s Health, Women s College Hospital, University of Toronto, Canada
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 16:912-6. 2007..Because the metabolism of caffeine is primarily by CYP1A2, we examined whether or not the CYP1A2 genotype modifies the association between a history of coffee consumption ..
- Association of CYP1A1, CYP1A2, GSTM1 and NAT2 gene polymorphisms with colorectal cancer and smokingKana Yoshida
Faculty of Health Sciences, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, 7 10 2 Tomogaoka, Sumaku, Kobe 654 0142, Japan
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 8:438-44. 2007We investigated CYP1A1*2A, CYP1A1*2C, CYP1A2*1C, CYP1A2*1F, GSTM1 and NAT2 gene polymorphisms, involving enzymes which metabolize many carcinogens, with reference to colorectal cancer risk...
- CYP1A1/2 haplotypes and lung cancer and assessment of confounding by population stratificationMelinda C Aldrich
Department of Medicine and Division of Neuroepidemiology, University of California, San Francisco, California, USA
Cancer Res 69:2340-8. 2009..These results suggest that a variant occurring within the CYP1A2 region may be conferring an increased risk of lung cancer in Latinos.
- Genetic polymorphisms of estrogen metabolizing enzyme and breast cancer risk in Thai womenSuleeporn Sangrajrang
Research Division, National Cancer Institute, Ratchathewi, Bangkok, Thailand
Int J Cancer 125:837-43. 2009..Forty single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in the CYP1A1, CYP1A2, CYP1B1, CYP17, CYP19, CYP2C9, CYP2C19, AhR, ESR1, PGR, ERRG, COMT, HSD17B1, HSD17B2, EPHX1 and NQO1 genes were ..
- Sequence variants at CYP1A1-CYP1A2 and AHR associate with coffee consumptionPatrick Sulem
deCODE Genetics, Sturlugata 8, 101 Reykjavik, Iceland
Hum Mol Genet 20:2071-7. 2011..variants significantly associated with increased coffee consumption: rs2472297-T located between CYP1A1 and CYP1A2 at 15q24 (P = 5.4 · 10(-14)) and rs6968865-T near aryl hydrocarbon receptor (AHR) at 7p21 (P = 2.3 · 10(-11))...
- CYP1A2 rs762551 polymorphism contributes to cancer susceptibility: a meta-analysis from 19 case-control studiesHongge Wang
Department of Epidemiology, College of Public Health, Hebei United University, Tangshan 063000, China
BMC Cancer 12:528. 2012Genetic polymorphism (rs762551A>C) in gene encoding cytochrome P450 1A2 (CYP1A2) has been shown to influence the inducibility of CYP1A2 expression and thus might be associated with risk of several types of human cancer...
- The CYP1A2 -163C>A polymorphism is associated with clozapine-induced generalized tonic-clonic seizures in Brazilian schizophrenia patientsFabiana Barzotti Kohlrausch
Departamento de Biologia Geral, Universidade Federal Fluminense, Niteroi, Brazil
Psychiatry Res 209:242-5. 2013We evaluated two polymorphisms at CYP1A2 (*1C and *1F) in a sample of 108 European-derived patients with schizophrenia and their influence on the pro-convulsive effect of clozapine...
- quantitative assessment of the influence of cytochrome P450 1A2 gene polymorphism and colorectal cancer riskYuan Zhao
Department of Gastroenterology, Zhongshan Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai, People s Republic of China
PLoS ONE 8:e71481. 2013b>Cytochrome P450 1A2 (CYP1A2) encodes a member of the cytochrome P450 superfamily of enzymes, which play a central role in activating and detoxifying many carcinogens and endogenous compounds thought to be involved in the development of ..
- Identification of novel polymorphisms in the 5' flanking region of CYP1A2, characterization of interethnic variability, and investigation of their functional significanceK J Aitchison
Clinical Neuropharmacology, Institute of Psychiatry, London, UK
Pharmacogenetics 10:695-704. 2000..However, studies aimed at identifying polymorphisms in CYPIA2 have not yet adequately accounted for this distribution pattern...
- Plasma caffeine metabolite ratio (17X/137X) in vivo associated with G-2964A and C734A polymorphisms of human CYP1A2X M Han
Pharmacogenetics Research Institute, Hunan Medical University, Changsha, China
Pharmacogenetics 11:429-35. 2001Either G-2964 or A734 in the human CYP1A2 gene was confirmed to be associated with high inducible enzyme activity in smokers, but not in nonsmokers...
- Treatment-resistance to clozapine in association with ultrarapid CYP1A2 activity and the C-->A polymorphism in intron 1 of the CYP1A2 gene: effect of grapefruit juice and low-dose fluvoxamineV Ozdemir
Department of Pharmacology, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Clin Psychopharmacol 21:603-7. 2001..In theory, a very high CYP1A2 activity may lead to subtherapeutic concentrations and treatment resistance to clozapine...
- Inducibility of CYP1A2 by omeprazole in vivo related to the genetic polymorphism of CYP1A2Xing Mei Han
Pharmacogenetics Research Institute, Xiang Ya School of Medicine, Central South University, Changsha, Hunan 410078, China
Br J Clin Pharmacol 54:540-3. 2002To evaluate the effect of the CYP1A2*1C and CYP1A2*1F polymorphisms on the inducibility of CYP1A2 by omeprazole in healthy subjects.
- Polymorphisms in the cytochrome P450 CYP1A2 gene (CYP1A2) in colorectal cancer patients and controls: allele frequencies, linkage disequilibrium and influence on caffeine metabolismChristoph Sachse
Biomedical Research Centre, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, Dundee, UK
Br J Clin Pharmacol 55:68-76. 2003Several single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) of the cytochrome P450 enzyme 1A2 gene (CYP1A2) have been reported. Here, frequencies, linkage disequilibrium and phenotypic consequences of six SNPs are described.
- The effect of smoking and cytochrome P450 CYP1A2 genetic polymorphism on clozapine clearance and dose requirementJan van der Weide
Department of Clinical Chemistry, St Jansdal Hospital, Harderwijk, The Netherlands
Pharmacogenetics 13:169-72. 2003Clozapine is an atypical antipsychotic drug that is metabolized to a major extent by the cytochrome P450 enzyme CYP1A2. Smoking is a potent inducer of CYP1A2 enzyme activity, resulting in significant lower clozapine serum concentrations ..
- Genetic polymorphism of CYP1A2 in Ethiopians affecting induction and expression: characterization of novel haplotypes with single-nucleotide polymorphisms in intron 1Eleni Aklillu
Division of Molecular Toxicology, Institute of Environmental Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, SE 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Mol Pharmacol 64:659-69. 2003b>CYP1A2 polymorphism has been well studied in white persons and Asians but not in Africans. We performed CYP1A2 genotype and phenotype analysis using caffeine in Ethiopians living in Ethiopia (n = 100) or in Sweden (n = 73)...
- Association of caffeine intake and CYP1A2 genotype with ovarian cancerMarc T Goodman
Cancer Etiology Program, Cancer Research Center, University of Hawaii, 1236 Lauhala Street, Honolulu, HI 96813, USA
Nutr Cancer 46:23-9. 2003Coffee and caffeine consumption has been associated with ovarian cancer risk in several epidemiological studies. CYP1A2 is a key enzyme in the metabolism of coffee and in the activation of heterocyclic aromatic compounds that may be ..
- CYP1A2 and NAT2 genotype/phenotype relations and urinary excretion of 2-amino-1-methyl-6-phenylimidazo[4,5-b]pyridine (PhIP) in a human dietary intervention studyHarald J J Moonen
Department of Health Risk Analysis and Toxicology, University of Maastricht, PO Box 616, 6200 MD Maastricht, The Netherlands
Food Chem Toxicol 42:869-78. 2004..amine formed during ordinary cooking, and is subsequently metabolically activated by cytochrome P4501A2 (CYP1A2) and N-acetyltransferase 2 (NAT2)...
- An investigation of mammographic density and gene variants in healthy womenGertraud Maskarinec
Cancer Research Center of Hawaii, Honolulu, HI 96813, USA
Int J Cancer 112:683-8. 2004..samples were analyzed for polymorphisms in the COMT (Val158Met), CYP1A1 (Ile462Val), CYP1B1 (Val432Leu), CYP1A2 (*1F) and CYP17 (T27C) genes using PCR-RFLP. Breast density was lower in Caucasians than in Asians...
- Genetic susceptibility to tardive dyskinesia in chronic schizophrenia subjects: I. Association of CYP1A2 gene polymorphismA K Tiwari
Department of Genetics, University of Delhi South Campus, New Delhi, India
Pharmacogenomics J 5:60-9. 2005..b>CYP1A2, an inducible gene of the cytochrome P450 family of genes, has been suggested to contribute to the metabolism of ..
- Association of genetic polymorphisms with serum estrogens measured multiple times during a 2-year period in premenopausal womenGalina Lurie
Cancer Research Center of Hawaii, University of Hawaii, 1236 Lauhala Street, Honolulu, Hawaii 96813, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 14:1521-7. 2005..The DNA samples were analyzed by PCR/RFLP for the COMT Val158Met, CYP1A1*2A, CYP1A1*2B, CYP1A2*1F, CYP1B1 Val432Leu, and CYP17 T27C polymorphisms...
- The cytochrome P450 CYP1A2 genetic polymorphisms *1F and *1D do not affect clozapine clearance in a group of schizophrenic patientsJenny E Kootstra-Ros
Department of Clinical Chemistry, St Jansdal Hospital, PO Box 138, 3840 AC Harderwijk, The Netherlands
Ann Clin Biochem 42:216-9. 2005The atypical antipsychotic drug clozapine is metabolized by CYP1A2. The activity of CYP1A2 is highly variable and is among others dependent on smoking habits...
- Estrogen metabolism-related genes and breast cancer risk: the multiethnic cohort studyLoic Le Marchand
Etiology Program, Cancer Research Center of Hawaii, University of Hawaii, Suite 407, 1236 Lauhala Street, Honolulu, HI 96813, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 14:1998-2003. 2005..breast cancer and sequence variants in several genes in the estradiol/estrone metabolism pathway (CYP1A1*2A, CYP1A2*1F, CYP1B1 Leu432Val, CYP3A4*1B, COMT Val158Met, SULT1A1Arg213His) as well as the Arg554Lys variant in AHR (a ..
- The G-113A polymorphism in CYP1A2 affects the caffeine metabolic ratio in a Chinese populationXiaoping Chen
Department of Genomics and Proteomics, Beijing Institute of Radiation Medicine, Beijing, China
Clin Pharmacol Ther 78:249-59. 2005This study was designed to better understand genetic variation in the cytochrome P450 (CYP) gene CYP1A2 and its impact on CYP1A2 activity in Chinese subjects.
- Influence of the genetic polymorphism in the 5'-noncoding region of the CYP1A2 gene on CYP1A2 phenotype and urinary mutagenicity in smokersSofia Pavanello
Occupational Health Section, Department of Environmental Medicine and Public Health, University of Padova, Via Giustiniani 2, Padova 35128, Italy
Mutat Res 587:59-66. 2005..The influence of three polymorphisms of the cytochrome P450 1A2 gene (CYP1A2) (-3860 G-->A (allele *1C), -2467 T-->delT (allele *1D), -163C-->A (allele *1F)), ..
- Phenotype-genotype analysis of CYP1A2 in Japanese patients receiving oral theophylline therapyKeiji Takata
Division of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Graduate School of Medical and Pharmaceutical Science, Kumamoto University, and Department of Medicine, Kumamoto City Hospital, Japan
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 62:23-8. 2006To clarify the association between the cytochrome P450 (CYP) 1A2 genotype with the CYP1A2 phenotype and to search for the CYP1A2*1K haplotype, which has been shown to decrease CYP1A2 inducibility and/or other functional polymorphisms in ..
- [A case-control study on the association between genetic polymorphisms of metabolic enzymes and the risk of colorectal cancer]Kun Chen
Departent of Epidemiology and Health Statistics, Zhejiang University School of Public Health, Hangzhou 310031, China
Zhonghua Liu Xing Bing Xue Za Zhi 26:659-64. 2005..To investigate the association between metabolic enzymes polymorphisms and the risk of colorectal cancer(CRC)...
- A common regulatory region functions bidirectionally in transcriptional activation of the human CYP1A1 and CYP1A2 genesRika Ueda
Division of Drug Metabolism and Molecular Toxicology, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Tohoku University, Aramaki aoba 6 3, Aoba ku, Sendai 980 8578, Japan
Mol Pharmacol 69:1924-30. 2006The human CYP1A1 and CYP1A2 genes on chromosome 15 are orientated head-to-head and are separated by a 23-kilobase (kb) intergenic spacer region...
- Coffee, CYP1A2 genotype, and risk of myocardial infarctionMarilyn C Cornelis
Department of Nutritional Sciences, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
JAMA 295:1135-41. 2006..Coffee is a major source of caffeine, which is metabolized by the polymorphic cytochrome P450 1A2 (CYP1A2) enzyme...
- Effects of genetic polymorphisms of MDR1, FMO3 and CYP1A2 on susceptibility to colorectal cancer in KoreansSun Young Bae
Department of Surgery, Inha Institute of Research for Medical Sciences, College of Medicine, Inha University, Incheon 410 712, Korea
Cancer Sci 97:774-9. 2006..to colorectal cancer (CRC) of genetic polymorphisms in P-glycoprotein (PGP) and the metabolic enzymes cytochrome P450 1A2 (CYP1A2) and flavin-containing monooxygenase 3 (FMO3)...
- Genetic susceptibility to Tardive Dyskinesia in chronic schizophrenia subjects: V. Association of CYP1A2 1545 C>T polymorphismA K Tiwari
Department of Genetics, University of Delhi South Campus, New Delhi, India
Pharmacogenomics J 7:305-11. 2007..b>CYP1A2 is involved in the metabolism of atypical antipsychotic drugs such as clozapine and olanzapine...
- Development of lung cancer before the age of 50: the role of xenobiotic metabolizing genesFederica Gemignani
Genetics, Department of Biology, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
Carcinogenesis 28:1287-93. 2007..Heterozygote carriers of SNPs in CYP1A2 1545T>C, -164C>A and -740T>G; CYP2A6 -47A>C; MDR1 3435T>C; NAT1 1088T>A and 1095A>C; GSTA2 ..
- Breast density and polymorphisms in genes coding for CYP1A2 and COMT: the Multiethnic CohortYumie Takata
Cancer Research Center of Hawaii, 1236 Lauhala Street, Honolulu, HI, USA
BMC Cancer 7:30. 2007..This cross-sectional analysis examined the relation between mammographic density and the CYP1A2*1F and COMT Val58 Met polymorphisms among 332 breast cancer cases and 254 controls in the Hawaii component of the ..
- Comparisons of CYP1A2 genetic polymorphisms, enzyme activity and the genotype-phenotype relationship in Swedes and KoreansRoza Ghotbi
Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Karolinska University Hospital Huddinge, Karolinska Institutet, C1 68, 141 86, Stockholm, Sweden
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 63:537-46. 2007To investigate the CYP1A2 genotype-phenotype relationship and to compare CYP1A2 genetic polymorphisms and enzyme activity in terms of the effect of smoking and oral contraceptive (OC) use in Swedes and Koreans.
- NAT2 and CYP1A2 polymorphisms and lung cancer risk in relation to smoking statusYasunori Osawa
Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, Tomogaoka, Sumaku, Kobe 654 0142, Japan
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 8:103-8. 2007..and the gene polymorphisms of the drug metabolizing enzymes, containing cytochrome P450 1A1 (CYP1A1), cytochrome P450 1A2 (CYP1A2), glutathione S-transferase class mu (GSTM1), and N-acetyltransferase 2 (NAT2)...
- Impact of CYP1A2 and CYP2D6 polymorphisms on drug metabolism and on insulin and lipid elevations and insulin resistance in clozapine-treated patientsKristina I Melkersson
Department of Molecular Medicine and Surgery, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
J Clin Psychiatry 68:697-704. 2007..The genetically polymorphic cytochromes P450 CYP1A2 and CYP2D6 catalyze the metabolism of clozapine...
- Polymorphisms in the cytochrome P450 genes CYP1A2, CYP1B1, CYP3A4, CYP3A5, CYP11A1, CYP17A1, CYP19A1 and colorectal cancer riskLara Bethke
Section of Cancer Genetics, Institute of Cancer Research, Surrey, UK
BMC Cancer 7:123. 2007..Cytochrome P450 (CYP) enzymes have the potential to affect colorectal cancer (CRC) risk by determining the genotoxic impact of exogenous carcinogens and levels of sex hormones...
- Genetic polymorphism of the adenosine A2A receptor is associated with habitual caffeine consumptionMarilyn C Cornelis
Department of Nutritional Sciences, University of Toronto, Canada
Am J Clin Nutr 86:240-4. 2007..Caffeine is the most widely consumed stimulant in the world, and individual differences in response to its stimulating effects may explain some of the variability in caffeine consumption within a population...
- Combinations of cytochrome P450 gene polymorphisms enhancing the risk for sporadic colorectal cancer related to red meat consumptionSebastien Kury
Laboratoire d Etude de l ADN, Faculté de Médecine de Nantes, 1 rue Gaston Veil, 44035 Nantes Cedex, France
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 16:1460-7. 2007..163A>C and c.1548T>C in CYP1A2, g.-1293G>C and g.-1053C>T in CYP2E1, c.1294C>G in CYP1B1, and c.430C>T in CYP2C9)...
- Variation in CYP1A2 activity and its clinical implications: influence of environmental factors and genetic polymorphismsArzu Gunes
Uppsala University, Department of Medical Sciences, Clinical Pharmacology, SE 75185 Uppsala, Sweden
Pharmacogenomics 9:625-37. 2008b>CYP1A2 is involved in the metabolism of several widely used drugs and endogenous compounds, and in the activation of procarcinogens. Both genetic and environmental factors influence the activity of this enzyme...
- CYP1A2, CYP2D6, GSTM1, GSTP1, and GSTT1 gene polymorphisms in patients with bladder cancer in a Turkish populationErtan Altayli
Department of Medical Biology and Genetics, Faculty of Medicine, Ondokuz Mayis University, 55139 Samsun, Turkey
Int Urol Nephrol 41:259-66. 2009..The objective of this study was to investigate the relationship between bladder tumor and variants of cytochrome p450 1A2 (CYP1A2) 734 C --> A, cytochrome p450 2D6 (CYP2D6) 1934 G --> A, glutathione S-transferase M1, (GSTM1 ..
- CYP1A2 164 A-->C polymorphism, cigarette smoking, consumption of well-done red meat and risk of developing colorectal adenomas and carcinomasMona Saebø
Telemark University College, Faculty of Arts and Sciences, Bø i Telemark, Norway
Anticancer Res 28:2289-95. 2008..Genetic polymorphisms in metabolizing enzymes may modify the association of environmental exposure on colorectal cancer (CRC) and adenoma risk...
- Coffee intake and CYP1A2*1F genotype predict breast volume in young women: implications for breast cancerH Jernstrom
Department of Oncology, Clinical Sciences, Lund University, Barngatan 2B, SE 221 85 Lund, Sweden
Br J Cancer 99:1534-8. 2008As breast volume may be associated with heart cancer risk, we studied the relationship between breast volume, CYP1A2*1F and coffee intake...
- Red meat intake, doneness, polymorphisms in genes that encode carcinogen-metabolizing enzymes, and colorectal cancer riskMichelle Cotterchio
Population Studies and Surveillance, Cancer Care Ontario, 620 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M5G 2L7
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 17:3098-107. 2008....
- Polymorphisms of cytochrome P450 1A2 and N-acetyltransferase genes, meat consumption, and risk of colorectal cancerChih Ching Yeh
Department of Health Risk Management, College of Public Health, China Medical University, Taichung, Taiwan
Dis Colon Rectum 52:104-11. 2009..A hospital-based study was designed to investigate the association between colorectal cancer and cytochrome P-450 1A2, N-acetyltransferase 1, and N-acetyltransferase 2, with the interaction of meat consumption...
- CYP1A2 genetic polymorphisms and adenocarcinoma lung cancer risk in the Tunisian populationFatma B'chir
Metabolic Biophysics and Applied Pharmacology Laboratory, Department of Biophysics, Sousse 4002, Tunisia
Life Sci 84:779-84. 2009In this study, the effects of four single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs), -3860G>A, -2467delT, -739T>G and -163C>A, of CYP1A2 gene on lung cancer were evaluated in Tunisian population.
- Influence of genetic polymorphisms, smoking, gender and age on CYP1A2 activity in a Turkish populationArzu Gunes
Department of Medical Sciences, Clinical Pharmacology, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
Pharmacogenomics 10:769-78. 2009To study the variation in CYP1A2 activity in relation to smoking, gender, age and CYP1A2 polymorphisms.
- CYP1A2 genotype modifies the association between coffee intake and the risk of hypertensionPaolo Palatini
Clinica Medica 4, University of Padova, Via Giustiniani, 2 35128 Padova, Italy
J Hypertens 27:1594-601. 2009The longitudinal relationship between coffee use and hypertension is still controversial. Cytochrome P450 1A2 (CYP1A2) is the main responsible enzyme for the metabolism of caffeine...
- Association between dietary heterocyclic amine levels, genetic polymorphisms of NAT2, CYP1A1, and CYP1A2 and risk of colorectal cancer: a hospital-based case-control study in JapanMinatsu Kobayashi
Epidemiology and Prevention Division, Research Center for Cancer Prevention and Screening, National Cancer Center, Tokyo, Japan
Scand J Gastroenterol 44:952-9. 2009..A further objective was to investigate the possible effect of genetic polymorphisms of NAT2, CYP1A1, and CYP1A2 on colorectal cancer.
- Molecular genetics and epigenetics of the cytochrome P450 gene family and its relevance for cancer risk and treatmentCristina Rodriguez-Antona
Hereditary Endocrine Cancer Group, Human Cancer Genetics Programme, Spanish National Cancer Center CNIO, Madrid, Spain
Hum Genet 127:1-17. 2010..We conclude that the CYP polymorphism does not predict cancer susceptibility to any large extent but that this polymorphism might be an important factor for optimal cancer therapy using selected anticancer agents...
- Structure, function, regulation and polymorphism and the clinical significance of human cytochrome P450 1A2Shu Feng Zhou
Discpline of Chinese Medicine, School of Health Sciences, RMIT University, Bundoora, Victoria 3083, Australia
Drug Metab Rev 42:268-354. 2010Human CYP1A2 is one of the major CYPs in human liver and metabolizes a number of clinical drugs (e.g., clozapine, tacrine, tizanidine, and theophylline; n > 110), a number of procarcinogens (e.g...
- Association between dietary heterocyclic amine levels, genetic polymorphisms of NAT2, CYP1A1, and CYP1A2 and risk of stomach cancer: a hospital-based case-control study in JapanMinatsu Kobayashi
Epidemiology and Prevention Division, Research Center for Cancer Prevention and Screening, National Cancer Center, 5 1 1 Tsukiji, Chuo Ku, Tokyo 104 0045, Japan
Gastric Cancer 12:198-205. 2009..We conducted a case-control study to investigate the association between HCA intake and stomach cancer risk. We also investigated the possible effect of genetic polymorphisms of NAT2, CYP1A1, and CYP1A2 on stomach cancer.
- Frequencies of genetic polymorphisms related to triptans metabolism in chronic migraineGiovanna Gentile
Department of Biochemical Sciences, Advanced Molecular Diagnostic Unit, 2nd School of Medicine, Sapienza University, Sant Andrea Hospital, Via di Grottarossa 1035, Rome, Italy
J Headache Pain 11:151-6. 2010..for polymorphisms in the genes coding for monoamine oxidase A, g-protein beta 3 and the cytochromes CYP3A4 and CYP1A2. Alleles and genotypes distributions were compared with known frequencies of healthy Caucasian populations...
- Polymorphisms in xenobiotic metabolizing enzymes and diet influence colorectal adenoma riskEmma L Northwood
Leeds Institute of Molecular Medicine, University of Leeds, St James s University Hospital
Pharmacogenet Genomics 20:315-26. 2010....
- Genetic variation in the bioactivation pathway for polycyclic hydrocarbons and heterocyclic amines in relation to risk of colorectal neoplasiaHansong Wang
Epidemiology Program, Cancer Research Center of Hawaii, University of Hawaii, Honolulu, HI 96813, USA
Carcinogenesis 32:203-9. 2011..Hawaiians to investigate the association of genetic variation in the PAH and HAA bioactivation pathway (CYP1A1, CYP1A2, CYP1B1, AHR and ARNT) identified through sequencing with risk of colorectal neoplasia, as well as their ..
- Cytochrome P4501A2 phenotype and bladder cancer risk: The Shanghai bladder cancer studyLi Tao
Masonic Cancer Center, University of Minnesota, MN, USA
Int J Cancer 130:1174-83. 2012b>Cytochrome P450 1A2 (CYP1A2) is hypothesized to catalyze the activation of arylamines, known human bladder carcinogens present in cigarette smoke...
- Genome-wide meta-analysis identifies regions on 7p21 (AHR) and 15q24 (CYP1A2) as determinants of habitual caffeine consumptionMarilyn C Cornelis
Department of Nutrition, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS Genet 7:e1002033. 2011..4 × 10(-19)), near AHR, and 15q24 (P = 5.2 × 10(-14)), between CYP1A1 and CYP1A2. Both the AHR and CYP1A2 genes are biologically plausible candidates as CYP1A2 metabolizes caffeine and AHR ..
- Genetic polymorphism of estrogen metabolizing enzymes in Siberian women with breast cancerEkaterina P Khvostova
Department of Molecular Mechanisms of Carcinogenesis, Institute of Molecular Biology and Biophysics, Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, Novosibirsk, Russia
Genet Test Mol Biomarkers 16:167-73. 2012Allelic variants of cytochrome P450: CYP1A1, CYP1A2, CYP19 (aromatase), and the II-phase enzyme sulfotransferase 1A1 (SULT1A1) genes are associated with a high risk of hormone-dependent cancers...
- Polymorphism in cytochrome P450 1A2 and their interaction with risk factors in determining risk of squamous cell lung carcinoma in menArvind P Singh
Developmental Toxicology Division, Environmental Epidemiology Division, Indian Institute of Toxicology Research Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, M G Marg, Lucknow, India
Cancer Biomark 8:351-9. 2010..study was carried out to investigate the association of functionally important polymorphisms of cytochrome P450 1A2 (CYP1A2) involved in the metabolic activation of tobacco derived procarcinogens with squamous cell ..
- Role of CYP1A2 polymorphisms on lung cancer risk in a prospective studySofia Pavanello
Occupational Health Section, Department of Cardiological, Thoracic and Vascular Sciences, Universita di Padova, Italy
Cancer Genet 205:278-84. 2012Cytochrome P4501A2 (CYP1A2) is a key enzyme for lung carcinogen activation and lung inflammation...
- Human cytochrome P-450PA (P-450IA2), the phenacetin O-deethylase, is primarily responsible for the hepatic 3-demethylation of caffeine and N-oxidation of carcinogenic arylaminesM A Butler
Division of Biochemical Toxicology, National Center for Toxicological Research, Jefferson, AR 72079
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 86:7696-700. 1989....
- The effect of the CYP1A2 *1F mutation on CYP1A2 inducibility in pregnant womenAnna Nordmark
Department of Medical Laboratory Science and Technology, Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Karolinska Institutet, C 168, Huddinge University Hospital, SE 141 86 Stockholm, Sweden
Br J Clin Pharmacol 54:504-10. 2002To investigate the influence of the CYP1A2*1F mutation on CYP1A2 activity in smoking and nonsmoking pregnant women.
- Permanent hair dyes and bladder cancer: risk modification by cytochrome P4501A2 and N-acetyltransferases 1 and 2Manuela Gago-Dominguez
USC Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, Department of Preventive Medicine, Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90033 0800, USA
Carcinogenesis 24:483-9. 2003..effects of a series of potential arylamine-metabolizing genotypes/phenotypes (GSTM1, GSTT1, GSTP1, NAT1, NAT2, CYP1A2) on the permanent hair dye-bladder cancer association, among female participants (159 cases, 164 controls) of the ..
- Cytochrome P450 (CYP) 1A2, sulfotransferase (SULT) 1A1, and N-acetyltransferase (NAT) 2 polymorphisms and susceptibility to urothelial cancerHiromasa Tsukino
Department of Public Health, Miyazaki Medical College, University of Miyazaki, 5200 Kihara, 889 1692, Japan
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 130:99-106. 2004..Recently, several polymorphisms of CYP1A2, SULT1A1, and NAT2 that affect their activities have been reported.
- CYP1A2 phenotype and genotype in a population from the Carboniferous Region of Coahuila, MexicoFabiola Castorena-Torres
Sección Externa de Toxicología, Centro de Investigacion y de Estudios Avanzados del IPN, Av Instituto Politecnico Nacional 2508, Col San Pedro Zacatenco, Mexico City C P 07360, Mexico
Toxicol Lett 156:331-9. 2005b>CYP1A2 regulation by polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) exposure and polymorphism was investigated in 46 male volunteers from the Carboniferous Region in northern Coahuila, Mexico...
- Polymorphisms of cytochrome P4501A2 and N-acetyltransferase genes, smoking, and risk of pancreatic cancerDonghui Li
Department of Gastrointestinal Medical Oncology, The University of Texas, M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Unit 426, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Carcinogenesis 27:103-11. 2006..e. cytochrome P450 1A2 (CYP1A2) and N-acetyltransferase 1 and 2 (NAT1 and NAT2), in a hospital-based case-control study of 365 ..
- The CYP1A2-164A-->C polymorphism (CYP1A2*1F) is associated with the risk for colorectal adenomas in humansHarald Moonen
Department of Health Risk Analysis and Toxicology, Maastricht University, PO Box 616, 6200 MD Maastricht, The Netherlands
Cancer Lett 229:25-31. 2005..heterocyclic aromatic amines (HCA) herein, which are metabolically activated by the enzymes cytochrome P4501A2 (CYP1A2) and N-acetyltransferase 2 (NAT2)...
- Rapid genotyping for relevant CYP1A2 alleles by pyrosequencingCarsten Skarke
Pharmazentrum frankfurt ZAFES, Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Theodor Stern Kai 7, 60590 Frankfurt, Germany
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 61:887-92. 2005To develop a rapid and reliable screening method for identifying the relevant cytochrome P450 (CYP) 1A2 alleles CYP1A2*1D (-2467Tdel), *1F (-163A>C), and *1K (-739T>G, -729C>T, -163A>C) that are in linkage disequilibrium with ..
- Coffee consumption and CYP1A2*1F genotype modify age at breast cancer diagnosis and estrogen receptor statusErika Bågeman
Department of Oncology, Clinical Sciences, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 17:895-901. 2008b>CYP1A2 plays a key role in the metabolism of both estrogen and coffee. Women with higher coffee intake and the CYP1A2*1F A/A genotype have a ratio of high 2-hydroxyestrone (2-OHE1) to 16alpha-OHE1...
- Interaction of the cytochrome P4501A2, SULT1A1 and NAT gene polymorphisms with smoking and dietary mutagen intake in modification of the risk of pancreatic cancerHideo Suzuki
Department of Gastrointestinal Medical Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Carcinogenesis 29:1184-91. 2008..the risk of pancreatic cancer (PC), we investigated the effect of single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) of the CYP1A2, NAT1, NAT2 and SULT1A1 gene on modification of the risk of PC in a hospital-based study of 755 patients with ..
- Synthetic and natural compounds that interact with human cytochrome P450 1A2 and implications in drug developmentBo Wang
Discipline of Chinese Medicine, School of Health Sciences, RMIT University, Bundoora, Victoria, Australia
Curr Med Chem 16:4066-218. 2009Human cytochrome P450 1A2 (CYP1A2) is one of the major CYPs in the liver ( approximately 13%) and metabolizes about 20% of clinically used drugs. CYP1A2 is a 515-residue protein with a molecular mass of 58,294 Dal...
- In vitro and in vivo evaluations of cytochrome P450 1A2 interactions with duloxetineEvelyn D Lobo
Eli Lilly and Company, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
Clin Pharmacokinet 47:191-202. 2008..To determine whether duloxetine is a substrate, inhibitor or inducer of cytochrome P450 (CYP) 1A2 enzyme, using in vitro and in vivo studies in humans...
- Constitutive and inducible levels of CYP1A1 and CYP1A2 in rat cerebral cortex and cerebellumMichael M Iba
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Ernest Mario School of Pharmacy and the Environmental and Occupational Health Sciences Institute, Rutgers University, 170 Frelinghuysen Road, NJ 08854, Piscataway, USA
Arch Toxicol 77:547-54. 2003..In the cerebral cortex, cytochrome P450 1A1 (CYP1A1) protein was more abundant than cytochrome P450 1A2 (CYP1A2) protein...
- Molecular cloning and functional analysis of cytochrome P450 1A2 from Japanese monkey liver: comparison with marmoset cytochrome P450 1A2Shizuo Narimatsu
Laboratory of Health Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Okayama University, 1 1 1 Tsushima naka, Okayama 700 8530, Japan
Chem Biol Interact 152:1-12. 2005A cDNA encoding a novel cytochrome P450 1A2 (CYP1A2) was cloned from the liver of an adult female Japanese monkey...
- Consumption of charcoal-broiled meat as an experimental tool for discerning CYP1A2-mediated drug metabolism in vivoJohn Teilmann Larsen
Clinical Pharmacology, Institute of Public Health, University of Southern Denmark, Odense, Denmark
Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol 97:141-8. 2005b>Cytochrome P450 1A2 (CYP1A2) is a major drug-metabolising enzyme. Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, present in high concentrations in tobacco smoke and charcoal-broiled meat, are known to induce CYP1A2...
- Inhibition of the human liver microsomal and human cytochrome P450 1A2 and 3A4 metabolism of estradiol by deployment-related and other chemicalsKhawja A Usmani
Arena Pharmaceuticals, Inc, San Diego, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 34:1606-14. 2006..It has previously been shown that E2 is predominantly metabolized in humans by CYP1A2 and CYP3A4 with 2-hydroxyestradiol (2-OHE2) the major metabolite...
- Use of heterologously expressed human cytochrome P450 1A2 to predict tacrine-fluvoxamine drug interaction in manL Becquemont
Clinical Pharmacology Unit, Saint Antoine University Hospital, Paris, France
Pharmacogenetics 8:101-8. 1998The aim of the present study was to evaluate the use of recombinant human cytochrome P-450 1A2 (rH-CYP1A2) in studies performed in vitro in order to predict metabolic drug-drug interactions occurring in man...
- Absolute requirement for iron in the development of chemically induced uroporphyria in mice treated with 3-methylcholanthrene and 5-aminolevulinateKenzi Nakano
Laboratory of Toxicology, Department of Environmental Veterinary Sciences, Graduate School of Veterinary Medicine, Hokkaido University, N18 W9, Kita ku, Sapporo, 060 0818, Japan
Biometals 22:345-51. 2009Accumulating evidence, including experiments using cytochrome P450 1a2 (Cyp1a2) gene knock-out mice (Cyp1a2(-/-)), indicates that the development of chemically induced porphyria requires the expression of CYP1A2...
- Interaction of upstream stimulatory factor proteins with an E-box located within the human CYP1A2 5'-flanking gene contributes to basal transcriptional gene activationGeorge V Pickwell
Department of Medicine, Section of Medical Toxicology, B146, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, 4200 East 9th Avenue, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Biochem Pharmacol 65:1087-96. 2003..In most, its expression is restricted to the liver. Sequence analysis of the human CYP1A2 5'-flanking region from +3 to -3201 identified six E-box motifs within the 3-methylcholanthrene (MC) enhancer ..
- Insights into the substrate specificity, inhibitors, regulation, and polymorphisms and the clinical impact of human cytochrome P450 1A2Shu Feng Zhou
Discipline of Chinese Medicine, School of Health Sciences, WHO Collaborating Center for Traditional Medicine, RMIT University, Bundoora, Victoria, Australia
AAPS J 11:481-94. 2009Human CYP1A2 is one of the major CYPs in human liver and metabolizes a variety of clinically important drugs (e.g., clozapine, tacrine, tizanidine, and theophylline), a number of procarcinogens (e.g...
- Purification, molecular cloning, heterologous expression and characterization of pig CYP1A2A Messina
Istituto di Fisiologia Clinica, Area della Ricerca CNR, Pisa, Italy
Xenobiotica 38:1453-70. 2008..a good catalytic activity towards caffeine, acetanilide, and methoxyresorufin, all known markers of mammalian CYP1A2. Using 3'- and 5'-rapid amplification of coding DNA (cDNA) ends (RACE), we amplified from the liver RNA of control ..
- Severe 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin (TCDD) intoxication: insights into the measurement of hepatic cytochrome P450 1A2 inductionKlaus Abraham
Department of Pediatric Pneumology and Immunology, Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, Charite, Humboldt University Berlin, Augustenburger Platz 1, 13 153 Berlin, Germany
Clin Pharmacol Ther 72:163-74. 2002The correct in vivo quantification of aryl hydrocarbon receptor-mediated induction of cytochrome P450 1A2 (CYP1A2) in humans is a long-standing question...
- A distribution study of CYP1A2 phenotypes among smokers and non-smokers in a cohort of healthy Caucasian volunteersD Schrenk
Institute of Toxicology, University of Tubingen, Germany
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 53:361-7. 1998....
- Role of the smoking-induced cytochrome P450 (CYP)1A2 and polymorphic CYP2D6 in steady-state concentration of olanzapineJuan Antonio Carrillo
Department of Pharmacology and Psychiatry, Extremadura University School of Medicine, Badajoz, Spain
J Clin Psychopharmacol 23:119-27. 2003..Caffeine and debrisoquine were used as measures of CYP1A2 and CYP2D6, respectively...
- Insights into the structure, function, and regulation of human cytochrome P450 1A2Shu Feng Zhou
School of Health Sciences, RMIT University, Victoria 3083, Australia
Curr Drug Metab 10:713-29. 2009b>CYP1A2 is one of the major CYPs in human liver ( approximately 13%) and metabolises a variety of clinically important drugs, such as clozapine, lidocaine, theophylline, tacrine, and leflunomide...
- Significant increase in phenacetin oxidation on L382V substitution in human cytochrome P450 1A2Qingbiao Huang
Department of Basic Pharmaceutical Sciences, School of Pharmacy, West Virginia University, Morgantown, West Virginia 26506 9530, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 38:1039-45. 2010Human CYP1A2 is an important drug-metabolizing enzyme, similar in sequence to CYP1A1 but with distinct substrate specificity. We have previously shown that residue 382 affected CYP1A1 and CYP1A2 specificities with alkoxyresorufins...
- Cyp1a2(-/-) null mutant mice develop normally but show deficient drug metabolismH C Liang
Department of Environmental Health, University of Cincinnati Medical Center, OH 45267 0056, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 93:1671-6. 1996b>Cytochrome P450 1A2 (CYP1A2) is a predominantly hepatic enzyme known to be important in the metabolism of numerous foreign chemicals of pharmacologic, toxicologic, and carcinogenic significance...
- Heterologous expression and characterization of wild-type human cytochrome P450 1A2 without conventional N-terminal modification in Escherichia coliDong Hyun Kim
School of Biological Sciences and Technology and Hormone Research Center, Chonnam National University, 300 Yongbong Dong, Buk Gu, Gwangju 500 757, Republic of Korea
Protein Expr Purif 57:188-200. 2008In this study, wild-type human CYP1A2 without the conventional N-terminal modification (second codon GCT) or the truncation of the N-terminal hydrophobic region was functionally expressed in Escherichia coli...
- Uroporphyria in mice: thresholds for hepatic CYP1A2 and ironNadia Gorman
VA Medical Center, White River Junction, VT 05009, USA
Hepatology 35:912-21. 2002..Here we investigate the development of uroporphyria as a function of CYP1A2 and iron levels in the liver of mice having a common C57BL/6 genetic background...
- Interplay between metabolism and FXR activation in scoparone signalingBingfang Yan; Fiscal Year: 2013..In contrast, the enhancement was significantly increased in cells transfected with cytochrome P450 1A2 (CYP1A2), a drug-metabolizing enzyme...
- CHRISTINE PERDAN CURRAN; Fiscal Year: 2014..affect susceptibility to PCB-induced developmental neurotoxicity: the aryl hydrocarbon receptor (AHR) and cytochrome P450 1A2 (CYP1A2)...
- NOVEL HIGH THROUGHPUT PLATFORM FOR SCREENING CYTOCHROME P450 INDUCTIONMARIA INES MORANO; Fiscal Year: 2013..According to a recent guidance from the FDA, CYP1A2, CYP2B6, and CYP3A4 induction should be evaluated in at least an in vitro system...
- Activating liver carcinogens in yeast by expressing CYP450 polymorphismsMICHAEL THOMAS FASULLO; Fiscal Year: 2010..Cytochrome P450 genes, such as CYP1A1, CYP1A2, CYP3A4, and CYP3A5 encode proteins that activate potent liver carcinogens into genotoxic epoxides...
- Genetic Susceptibility Factors in Porphyria Cutanea Tarda (PCT)Karl Anderson; Fiscal Year: 2009..DNA samples will be prepared from patients and controls and genotyped for specific CYP1A1, CYP1A2, CYP2E1, GSTM1 and GSTT1 polymorphisms, and the results analyzed as related to phenotype (e.g...
- Role of hepatic and pulmonary P4501A enzymes in neonatal hyperoxic tissue injuryXANTHI IOANNA COUROUCLI; Fiscal Year: 2013..will be delivered prematurethe hypothesis that newborn mice lacking the genes for CYP1A1 or the liver- specific CYP1A2 will be more susceptible to acute and long-term lung injury induced by oxygen...
- Genomic profiling of yeast resistance to AFB1, a P450-activated carcinogenMICHAEL THOMAS FASULLO; Fiscal Year: 2013..We previously were successful in introducing human CYP1A2 and CYP1A1 into yeast and activating a variety of carcinogens, including aflatoxin B1 (AFB1), benzo[a]pyrene ..
- ACTIVITY OF P450/1A2 AND 3A4 AND BREAST CANCER RISKWei Zheng; Fiscal Year: 1999..Cytochrome P450-1A2 (CYP1A2) and 3A4(CYP3A4) are two of the major enzymes in estrogen hydroxylation, forming biologically distinct metabolites:..
- Alvaro Puga; Fiscal Year: 2015..relevant doses of chromium(VI) have opposite effects on the BaP-mediated induction of CYP1A1, CYP1B1 and CYP1A2 cytochrome P450 genes, repress tumor suppressor gene expression and induce expression of pro-apoptotic genes, ..
- TOXICOLOGICAL SIGNIFICANCE OF ALKYLBENZENE METABOLISMWayne L Backes; Fiscal Year: 2013..is responsible for both aliphatic and aromatic hydroxylation of the aromatic hydrocarbons, with several forms, CYP1A2, CYP2B4, and CYP2E1, being implicated in hydrocarbon metabolism...
- Bhagavatula Moorthy; Fiscal Year: 2015..The central hypothesis of this application is that CYP1A1 and CYP1A2 enzymes play reciprocal roles in PAH-mediated carcinogenesis, and that a CYP1A2-dependent MC metabolite(s) ..
- Hyunyoung Jeong; Fiscal Year: 2015..elimination of cytochrome P450 (CYP)2A6, -2C9, -2D6, or -3A4 substrate drugs, while decreasing elimination of CYP1A2 or -2C19 substrates...
- A BREATH TEST FOR LUNG CANCERMichael Phillips; Fiscal Year: 2009..Alkanes and their metabolites are metabolized rapidly by high risk cytochrome P450 phenotypes (e.g., CYP1A1, CYP1A2 and CYP2E1) whose activity is induced by polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in tobacco smoke...
- EFFECT OF GINSENOSIDES ON CYTOCHROME P450Thomas Chang; Fiscal Year: 2001..ginsenosides: 1) suppresses the inducibility of CYP1A1 and CYP1B1; 2) inhibits the catalytic activity of CYP1A1, CYP1A2, and CYP1B1; 3) inhibits the hepatic microsomal metabolism of drugs catalyzed by CYP1A2; and 4) inhibits the ..
- Roles of pulmonary and hepatic P4501A enzymes in hyperoxic lung injury in miceBhagavatula Moorthy; Fiscal Year: 2010..3) To test the hypothesis that mice lacking the gene for CYP1A1, CYP1A2, or both genes (CYP1A1/1A2 double knockouts) will be more susceptible to hyperoxia-induced lung injury than ..
- Pharmacogenomics of Human P450 OxidoreductaseWalter L Miller; Fiscal Year: 2012..show that A503V has decreased activities in assays based on cytochrome c and P450c17, but not in assays based on CYP1A2 and CYP2C19...
- GLUTATHIONE TRANSFERASES IN HUMANS: DIETARY INFLUENCESJohanna Lampe; Fiscal Year: 2009..We propose a randomized crossover feeding trial of broccoli and green cabbage supplementation on measures of CYP1A2, GST-[unreadable], and UGT1A1, and ITC excretion under defined-diet conditions...
- TeamChip for High-throughput, Predictive Human Metabolism and ToxicologyMoo Yeal Lee; Fiscal Year: 2010..g., CYP450 isoforms including CYP1A2 and CYP3A4) and demonstrate gene transfection on monolayers of THLE-2 and Beas-2B cells using fluorogenic ..
- STUDIES ON THE HALOGENATED AROMATIC HYDROCARBONSALAN POLAND; Fiscal Year: 1990..The induction of the microsomal monooxygenase, aryl hydrocarbon hydroxylase (AHH) activity, and other coordinately expressed enzymes, and the characteristic toxic responses of ..
- ENVIRONMENTAL POLLUTANTS--THE INTESTINE AND NUTRITIONJAMES MANIS; Fiscal Year: 1980..Intestinal and hepatic enzyme induction will be measured as benzo(a)pyrene hydroxylase (aryl hydrocarbon hydroxylase) concurrently in order to correlate the stimulatory effect on iron transport with the known enzyme-..
- Drug Interactions and Bioavailability of CranberryJennifer Donovan; Fiscal Year: 2005..The CYP isoforms to be studied, CYP3A4, CYP2D6 and CYP1A2, are involved in the metabolism of >80% of marketed prescription and over the counter medications...
- AGING AND CYP-MEDIATED HERB-DRUG INTERACTIONSBill Gurley; Fiscal Year: 1999..John's wort modulate specific hepatic CYP activities (i.e. CYP1A2, CYP2D6, CYP2E1, and CYP3A4); and (2) whether aging potentiates the risk of CYP-mediated herb-drug interactions...
- GLUTATHIONE TRANSFERASES IN HUMANS: DIETARY INFLUENCESJohanna Lampe; Fiscal Year: 2006..e., carrot-family) vegetable supplementation on CYP1A2 activity, serum glutathione S- transferase-alpha (GSTalpha), and urinary isothiocyanate excretion under defined-..
- ALLEN BERNARD REITZ; Fiscal Year: 2014..FC-311 is not subject to the limiting Cyp1A2 metabolism and large patient-to-patient variability of exposure that riluzole is, and has a ~3X longer high-life, ..
- Drug Metabolism and Chronic Liver DiseaseRobert Branch; Fiscal Year: 2005..Part 1: A cocktail to include: caffeine (CYP1A2), flurbiprofen (CYP2C9), mephenytoin (CYP2C19), debrisoquine (CYP2D6), chlorzoxazone (CYP2E1) and dapsone (..
- ALCOHOL-INDUCED HEPATIC P450s IN HCV/HIV OXIDATE INJURYSTEVEN SHEDLOFSKY; Fiscal Year: 2003..Theophylline will be used for CYP1A2. Assessments of oxidative stress (urinary F2-isoprostanes, monocyte NFKB) and active fibrinogenesis (TGFbeta-1, N-..
- Toxicological Control Mechanisms of Human CYP1A2LINDA QUATTROCHI; Fiscal Year: 2004..CYP 1 A, one of the CYP subfamilies in vertebrates consisting of two members, CYP1A1 and CYP1A2, catalyzes the metabolism of such environmental chemicals as polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons and arylamines as ..
- REPRODUCTIVE/CONTRACEPTIVE RISK FACTORS & ENDOMETRIOSISVictoria Holt; Fiscal Year: 2005..dietary and anthropometric measurements; and values of 4 genetic polymorphisms (GSTM1, COMT, CYP1A1, CYP1A2) will be combined with additional interview information to be collected between 48-84 months after initial ..
- DRUG METABOLIZING ENZYMES-RISK FACTORS IN BLADDER CANCERRobert Branch; Fiscal Year: 2004..to use measures of whole body activity for drug metabolizing enzymes using the Pittsburgh cocktail that comprises CYP1A2 (caffeine), CYP2C19 (S-mephenytoin), CYP2D6 (debrisoquine), CYP2E1 (chlorzoxazone) and CYP3A4 (dapsone), as well ..
- REGULATION OF POLYCYCLIC AROMATIC HYDROCARBON TOXICITYWILLIAM HOUSER; Fiscal Year: 1992..on a detailed analysis of the mechanisms which regulate the expression of an important enzyme activity, aryl hydrocarbon hydroxylase (AHH)...
- Effects of Ginseng and Ginkgo on Drug Disposition in ManAryeh Hurwitz; Fiscal Year: 2003..a 4-week single-blind run-in subjects will be given a 4-drug probe cocktail: caffeine to study cytochrome P4501A2 (CYP1A2), dextromethorphan for CYP2D6, buspirone (and endogenous cortisol) for CYP3A and fexofenadine for P-glycoprotein...
- Alcohol and Acetaminophen HepatotoxicityJacqueline Sinclair; Fiscal Year: 2006..However, our work suggests that CYP3A also has a role. We have recently found that alcohols also induce CYP1A2, another form of CYP that produces the reactive metabolite of APAP...
- Genetic Polymorphisms Benign Prostatic HyperplasiaROSEBUD ROBERTS; Fiscal Year: 2004..These genes include CYP1A1, CYP1A2, CYP1B1, catechol 0-methyl transferase, sulfotransferase 1A1, and glutathione S-transferases (M1, P1, and T1)...
- St. John's Wort and CYP3A Metabolism in Men & WomenReginald Frye; Fiscal Year: 2003..The second specific aim is to study the effects of St. John's Wort on other CYP pathways, specifically CYP1A2 using caffeine as a probe, CYP2C9 using flurbiprofen as a probe, and CYP2C19 using mephenytoin as a "cocktail" ..
- ABNORMAL FETAL DEVELOPMENT DUE TO TOXIC EXPOSUREMRINAL SANYAL; Fiscal Year: 1991..g., benzo[a]pyrene and 7,12-dimethylbenz[a]anthracene). Benzo[a]pyrene hydroxylase (Aryl hydrocarbon hydroxylase) and other mixed function oxidase (MFO) enzyme activities are to be measured in human placental tissues ..
- Activating liver carcinogens in yeast by expressing CYP450 polymorphismsMichael Fasullo; Fiscal Year: 2007..Cytochrome P450 genes, such as CYP1A1, CYP1A2, CYP3A4, and CYP3A5 encode proteins that activate potent liver carcinogens into genotoxic epoxides...
- CHEMOPREVENTIVE AGENTS AND HUMAN CYTOCHROME P450 IN VIVOGRANT WILKINSON; Fiscal Year: 2002..The CYP isoforms of interest and the associated in vivo probes will be CYP1A2 (caffeine), CYP2A6 (coumarin), CYP2C9 (tolbutamide), CYP2C19 (mephenytoin), CYP2D6 (debrisoquine), CYP2E1(..
- ENVIRONMENTAL AND GENETIC DETERMINANTS OF BREAST CANCERMary Wolff; Fiscal Year: 1993..The relationship of breast cancer to genetic polymorphisms in carcinogen metabolizing genes (CYP1A1, CYP1A2, CYP2E1, GST) will be determined...
- BREAST CANCER AND GENE POLYMORPHISMS IN CHINESE WOMENChu Chen; Fiscal Year: 2003..of a number of genes involved in the biosynthesis and catabolism of estrogens (CYP11a, CYP17, EDH17beta2, CYP1A1, CYP1A2, CYP1B1, COMT), and those for the androgen receptor, estrogen receptor and IGF-I genes are related to the risk of ..
- Diet, gene-diet interactions and risk of Parkinson'sHonglei Chen; Fiscal Year: 2004..In the HPFS and NHS cohorts, he will evaluate the associations of PD risk with common polymorphisms of NAT2, CYP1A2, ADH2, ADH3, ADH4, and MTHFR...
- Genetic Differences in PCB-Induced BehaviorDaniel Nebert; Fiscal Year: 2009..Despite this overriding role for planar-PCB-mediated AHR activation in toxicity, the AHR up-regulates CYP1A2, which in liver sequesters and protects distant tissues against planar PCBs...
- CYTOCHROME P450 GENES AND THEIR REGULATIONRobert Tukey; Fiscal Year: 1999..that when activated in the presence of ligand translocates to nucleus and couples with the nuclear aryl hydrocarbon hydroxylase nuclear translocator (ARNT) protein...
- DIETARY PROTEIN--FAT INTERACTIONS IN DMBA MAMMARY CANCERWILLARD VISEK; Fiscal Year: 1980..Metabolites in urine and feces will be identified and quantitated. Liver aryl hydrocarbon hydroxylase and related mixed function oxidase components will be assayed to determine how the dietary variables ..
- DIOXIN TOXIC EQUIVALENCY FACTORS--BATTELLE MEMORIAL INSTMilton Hejtmancik; Fiscal Year: 2000..Interim evaluations to be performed at 13, 30 and 52 weeks will include: Thyroid hormones; liver CYP1A1, CYP1A2 and CYP1B1, UDP-GT, porphyrins and retinol; lung CYP1A1 and CYP1B1; tissue concentration of test chemical(s) in ..
- CYP gene polymorphism and estrogen status in the elderlyReina Villareal; Fiscal Year: 2005..The primary aims of this proposal are 1) to determine the prevalence of gene polymorphism of CYP1A1, CYP1B1, CYP1A2 and CYP3A4 among women and men of different ethnic groups 2) to determine the functional correlates of ..
- ORAL CARCINOGENESIS, VITAMIN A AND RETINOIDSGerald Shklar; Fiscal Year: 1980..The presence of retinoids in the oral mucosa, dysplastic oral epithelium and carcinoma will be studied by autoradiographic techniques and by chemical techniques. Aryl hydrocarbon hydroxylase activity of tissues will also be studied.
- Gene-gene interaction in nasopharyngeal carcinomaYIN YAO; Fiscal Year: 2005..these polymorphisms that result in a deficiency in the production, stability and function of 5 CYP genes (CYP1A1, CYP1A2, CYP2D6, CYP2E1, CYP1B1) and a few other polymorphisms (GSTM1, GSTT1, NQO1, NAT1 and NAT2) contribute to the ..
- PCBS & ESTROGENS ON PROINFLAMMATORY PHAGOCYTE FUNCTIONSCharles Rice; Fiscal Year: 2000..3 classes of pollutants: nonylphenol, a xenoestrogen; PCB 126, a planar PCB that binds to the aryl hydrocarbon hydroxylase receptor (Ahr); and PCB 104, a non-planar PCB that does not bind to Ahr...
- CARCINOGEN SUPPRESSION OF KERATINOCYTE DIFFERENTIATIONRobert Rice; Fiscal Year: 1990..and related compounds will be undertaken to find whether this property is characteristic of inducers of aryl hydrocarbon hydroxylase. In addition, possible benzo(a)pyrene uncoupling of the differentiation program in normal human ..
- MOLECULAR MARKERS OF ORAL CANCER RISKPhilip Lazarus; Fiscal Year: 2000..In addition, studies will be done to elucidate new polymorphic markers of OCSCC risk, focusing on the CYP1A2 enzyme, which is a strong metabolizer of the potent tobacco specific nitrosamine, NNK...
- FUNCTIONAL AND GENETIC ANALYSES OF HUMAN CYP1B1Thomas Sutter; Fiscal Year: 2000..BP and PhIP are widespread procarcinogens known to be metabolized by the other CYP1 enzymes, CYP1A1 and CYP1A2. Pyrene is a co-carcinogen that is often used as a marker of human PAH exposure...
- RECEPTOR BINDING FACTOR FOR THE AH-RECEPTORMary Ruh; Fiscal Year: 1999..We will determine if and where AhRBFs are associated with known dioxin-inducible genes, such as CYP1A1 or CYP1A2 and also determine the consensus DNA sequence to which these AhRBFs bind.
- HIGH VOLUME SCREENING FOR P450 INDUCTIONMei Fei Yueh; Fiscal Year: 2002..During phase I, vectors were developed that contained the regulatory elements of CYP1A2 and CYP3A4 which when transiently transfected were responsive to drugs causing transcriptional activation of a ..
- Molecular Genetics of Cadmium ToxicityDaniel W Nebert; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- PAHs: Balance of Detoxication vs Metabolic ActivationDaniel Nebert; Fiscal Year: 2009..b>CYP1A2 is responsible for metabolizing nitrosamines and N-heterocyclics, but also PAHs (in particular, BaP) to a lesser ..
- ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS IN THE INDUCTION OF CANCERLEILA DIAMOND; Fiscal Year: 1980..in the induction of biological effects; (b) test the hypothesis that various types of inducers of aryl hydrocarbon hydroxylase (AHH) share specific but common binding sites and a common pathway leading to the induction of the ..
- GENETICS OF AHH IN RELATION TO CANCER ETIOLOGYBeverly Paigen; Fiscal Year: 1980..We have confirmed the report of others that aryl hydrocarbon hydroxylase (AHH) does vary in the population and that much of the variation is genetically determined...
- THE EFFECT OF CHEMICAL CARCINOGENS ON CELLS IN VITROLEILA DIAMOND; Fiscal Year: 1980..The levels of aryl hydrocarbon hydroxylase activity, the extent of hydrocarbon metabolism, the metabolite profiles, and the amounts and types of ..
- Gene Interactions, Estrogen, and Risk of Breast CancerKathleen Egan; Fiscal Year: 2006..TNF, IL6, PPAR G, STS), in steroid signaling (ESR1, ESR2, PGR, SHBG, AIB1), and in estrogen metabolism (CYP1A1, CYP1A2, CYPIB1, CYP3A4) and inactivation (SULTs, UGTs, COMT, NQOs, GSTs)...
- CARCINOGEN-METABOLIZING ENZYMES--ACTION IN VARIANT CELLSJames Whitlock; Fiscal Year: 1990..molecular level how the environmental contaminant 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin (TCDD) induces aryl hydrocarbon hydroxylase (AHH) activity in mammalian cells...
- GENOTOXICITY IN CYP1A2 DEFICIENT TRANSGENIC MICEDaniel Nebert; Fiscal Year: 2002..from the Investigator's Abstract) The long-term goal of this project is the elucidation of cytochrome P450 CYP1A2's role in toxicity and cancer caused by environmentally hazardous chemicals...
- CYP1A1 GENE AND ENVIRONMENTAL TOXICITYDaniel Nebert; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- MECHANISM OF PORPHYRIA CAUSED BY TCDDPeter Sinclair; Fiscal Year: 2002..Induced CYP1A2 has been previously shown to be involved in the PHA-induced uroporphyria, this role being to catalyze the ..